Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 3: Glowing Hut burger joint interlude

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Two days later on the road to...
The group has a chance to stop at a small leyline rolling through the area. Perfect to top off the zone ranger, and rest and relax for a while. There is a hamburger hut, called the glowing white hut that uses the leyline to power its tw enhanced grilling machines and deep fryers. The propietor is a nice friendly elf named Slyn. For a few credits he serves up the group some tasty burgers and fries. Rest assured the pasture and orchard he has outside ensures these ingrediants are fresh and legit. He will also offer you each 150,000 credits for all the excess equipment you have ammased so far.
He smiles at the group, " Rest easy here at the Glowing White Hut." While other tw vehicles are parked out front and the place seems busy enough there is a table large enough for the party and semi seculded to encourage free speech and recollection of how you left New Del Rio. A small white fluffy dog seems to follow the heroes around while at this hut. It was sitting on the front stoop, and when you guys entered it wagged its tail and followed you in. If you let it, it will hope up on your lap and sit contently while you scratch it behind the ears.
Leben
Rob can you include in your post a couple pictures of the white dog?
OOC Comments
=common knowledge vehicles outside the hut] If you are from arround these parts a successful common knowledge would reveal one lf the junker vehicles parked outside is the fabled Failure's Luck beater. Some say it has survived since the pre rift times. Forutne has smiled on it throughout the centuries... Passengers not so much.

This is where we will do an interlude. You can choose your own direction and narrative spin. Players have full narative control over the npcs and the city of new del rio. But the interlude should be a story about how you left new del rio, and in the comfort of some tastey food you are regallimg the tale. My natural assumption is that you are heading to El Paso to meet up with a contact there whom can reportedly get you to the rangers. If you want to do something else, now would be the time to discuss it in character(and out if need be in the hangout chat). Please take a benny after concluding the interlude. Or if someone wants to trade the benny in for the white dog that is acceptable. It eats a lot!
OOC Comments
The group would have amassed quiet a bit of railguns, vibro swords, plasma ejectors from the brodkill. In an effort to help you not do so much book keeping Slyn will buy them off you for 150.000 credits.
Magical and unique items would not be included in this sale. I still need to stat them up fully, 2 magic swords taken from the Mystic Knight Morgoth( one sword will have a draining ppe effect, the other probably a fatigue effect), an energy whip off of Draygis, a battle fury blade off of Draygis's bed, the name of the blade is Durendel. The blade is slightly different than normal, the 4ppe effect has been exchanged for the focus ability(ignores inanimate armor, but you cannot move for 3 rounds.).
Appology
Sorry for not posting this in a seperate area and for the general disconnect it caused. I will move already posted diner posts to this section. If you already stated your interlude just copy and paste it here in some occ tags as the story you shared.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Penitent

Re: Part3: Glowing Hut burger joint interlude

Post by Penitent »

"The cat-shifter lies!" Penitent says as Vela recounts the pair's exploits while the group stops at the Glowing White Hut to refuel. "I was ahead in the count by at least two dozen when we were separated, and kills after that cannot be verified. Who is to say she didn't have townsfolk helping her?"

Not for the last time, the eyes of the daughter of New Del Rio flash in his mind, followed closely by the eyes of his own child, whose defiance he had been charged with ending, one way or another.

Taking a Bennie.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Ink
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Ink »

THE NEXT STEP ON THE JOURNEY

Ink tried not to be impatient once they had a course to travel. He took things in stride and tried to keep his temper in check as well. He couldn't really relax but at least he didn't snap or glare at his comrades-in-arms. The food at the Hut wasn't too bad, actually, though the little dog was a bit annoying.

His ate slowly, mechanically, and his gaze was off on the horizon in the distance most of the time.
Ink
Character Summary
True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Parry: 7, Toughness: 16(8) (not factored in: +2 from Boost, also +1 from elixir currently), -2 to be hit vs supernatural; +4 armor/resist vs vampire attacks/powers
Active Effects: Armor Tattoo, Boost (Vigor) Tattoo, Divine Elixir (+1 Toughness, +1 Cha, +1 Spirit die type, Brave Edge)
Bennies: 2
Charisma: 0 (Variable Penalties)
PPE: 20/32
Wounds: 1
  • Magic Tattoos
Combat Edges:
Adventure Card: Extra Effort (Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.)

Currently playing in: Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Two days later, Ashlyn and the team were on the road to El Paso and stopped at a small ley line to charge the Zone Ranger. There was a local hamburger emporium that seemed to be fairly popular with travelers. Ashlyn eagerly ordered a burger loaded with jalepeños, bacon, and cheese. A fluffy white dog climbed into her lap and she smile.

Hola, amigo,” she greeted the animal, scratching behind its ear and feeding it a bit of beef from her burger. “Are you not a cute one!” She let it sit there while she ate and the team discussed. “Is this your puppy, Slyn?” she asked the owner.

Conditions:
  • Twice PPE max from ley line, and full PPE.
OOC Comments
I should take the Benny, but Ashlyn wants me to take the dog! LOL But damn. That leaves me with only 1 Benny.
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Notice 4 and Common Knowledge 3
Worn armor and Body Armor has Optics ignoring 2 points of site penalties.
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
The knock on the window caused Ndreare to jump. “Hey, you can’t sleep here dude, customers only.” The attractive grey skinned girl said. He didn’t recognize her race, but she looked pretty good whatever it was.
Apologizing and getting out of the car he explained a little of his situation. “I am sorry, I was running hard from some monsters last night.
“Do you have showers for roadies here?” Seeing her nod, he settle up a payment he grabbed his gear and went in to clean up. Once he was feeling better he went in to the attached diner and checked out the menu and ordered up some food. These cows they kept tasted pretty good and are high enough in fat to provide energy for active traveling. After eating he head out to the truck to see what he can do with it.
No Fixing That Truck
No fixing that.jpg
Ndreare was starting to doubt his decision to come to this planet. A lot of talk in Center was about this place and how contested it was. But Vampires, holy crap the amount of vampires he has encountered in the last week is ridiculous. Last night’s ambush was fast hard and brutal, he ended up having to steal his own truck back from the same vampires that stole it from him to get away, but they filled it with enough laser fire on his escape there is no way he will be able to get it to start again.
A shame that truck was amazing. Sure it's beat up and feels like your ass is on fire while driving it, it's nothing pretty to look at, but damn it's like it never could die and those bastards ruined it. Tinkering on it for a couple hours he feels frustrated at not having luck and decides to go in have some coffee and think on his options for a bit.
Absentmindedly hearing some stories and chatter from the corner where a couple table had been pushed together for a large group of mercenaries when he notices, holy crap they have two True Atlanteans. From their stories he can tell they are more interested in killing monsters than they are in pay so he figures what the hell, may as well go say hi.
Strolling over to the table he smiles and says. “Hi, do you suppose you guys could help me out?” Nodding out the window towards his broken down heap. “I had a run in with some vampires and well after I stole their ride to run away they shot the hell out of it. I don’t want to disrespect this fine establishment so I would like to get it out of site. A couple minutes of your time could help me push it over that dune.” Suddenly he spots the little guy that could not have been seen from the other side of the room.
"Crap, am I in luck, are you a Techno-wizard? If so i would love it if you could help me get the beasts running again. I don't have much, but I could offer 200 credits, you could consider it a challenge."
Ndreare, not wearing armor
Looks like this man, but with a healthy set of pointed elven ears.
Ndreare.jpg
With a directness that hardly fits in most social situations he comes out clearly and simply says what he wants. “Plus I could not help but overhear you guys talking about hunting down those blood suckers and with a couple of Atlanteans I imagine you are good at it. I would like a little revenge and would consider it a second favor if you would test me however you d and let me travel with you.”
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]23429:0[/dice]
Wild [dice]23429:1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]23429:2[/dice]
Wild [dice]23429:3[/dice]

Ashlyn looked up as a tall, handsome black man approached their table requesting aid with his truck -- and possibly offering assistance in their vampire hunting.

“There can never be too many people killing vampires, amigo, the attractive Latina said with a smile. “I am sure we could try and help you, though you might get more if you sell Fizz that truck for parts.”

Conditions:
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:. “I am sure we could try and help you, though you might get more if you sell Fizz that truck for parts.”
Nodding the the young woman Ndreare returns the smile and says. "I don't think selling it would work. The blasts she took where pretty good, but Old Beast is special and she has been faithful. I would hate to loose a vehicle so sturdy without a replacement."
OOC Comments
FYI, I had to change to a more traditional race. So while I still want him to look the same, his pointed ears clearly define his as an elf instead of a silhouette.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Penitent wrote:
"The cat-shifter lies!" Penitent says as Vela recounts the pair's exploits while the group stops at the Glowing White Hut to refuel. "I was ahead in the count by at least two dozen when we were separated, and kills after that cannot be verified. Who is to say she didn't have townsfolk helping her?"
Taking a Bennie.
Vela gives Penitent a smoldering glare, then says, "You were ahead, and after that you slipped. Maybe you got distracted by something shiny. Maybe you just do not work as hard without someone watching you."

She sits back, deceptively relaxed, then adds as if an afterthought, "I notice you're missing a blade. Did a vampire steal it from you?"
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 3: Glowing Hut burger joint interlude

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 10 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 6 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Ashlyn smiled at the handsome, dark-skinned man. “Then we have to see if we can fix up at all. Where you heading?” she asked, gesturing to an open seat at the end of the table beside her. “And have you any news of the dangers around here we should avoid? I am Ashlyn,” she introduced herself.

Conditions:
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:Ashlyn smiled at the handsome, dark-skinned man. “Then we have to see if we can fix up at all. Where you heading?” she asked, gesturing to an open seat at the end of the table beside her. “And have you any news of the dangers around here we should avoid? I am Ashlyn,” she introduced herself.
The dark skinned elf looks to Ashlyn. "Sorry not a lot of news really. I came up from The River and it was pretty much a vampire haven. I did what I could to get some of the people out. But the bastards caught up with me on the way out and well, you can see what they did to Beast there.
"My only advance would be be prepared to fight vampires, they are down there in the thousands and keep human cities like cattle."

Thinking for a little bit Ndreare adds. "One thing I keep hearing about is a group that calls themselves the Rangers. They specialize in killing vampires and helping people out. I was looking to find them and see if I could work with them."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spartacus note
I beleive Ashlyn picked it up after he was killed
Spartacus,
I am sorry you had to take up this mission, and more so I am sad I could not accompany you. Our leader deemed only one of us would go to answer the call from the one known as Doc Reid. The lord's friend Erin Tarn has persuaded him to ask that one be sent to ascertain the true threat of vampire's. It has fallen to you my friend. When Lord Coake asked me who to send in my stead I answered You! I met Doc Reid once, strange and of parcular habits. But he knows vampires. He has asked for help, a special mission. The council was split, but the cyberknights need to find out what this mission is, and we need one of our own to find out if these vampire's are a menace greater than the coalition as Tarn would implore us to believe. You must find Reid's Ranger's strong hold and meet with Doc Reid... I do not know where this fort is, but I have a contact in El Paso, Rex Thunderpaw, a dogboy that owns the bar Pits & Bulls. He knows everyone in the area. Take the river north from New Del Rio, to El Paso, find Rex, then find Doc Reid. We must know if this threat is as credible as Tarn says. We went into the Siege of Tolkeen with little information and it split our order. We must make double sure this time!
Nderea
You know the specific contact that The rangers are using to evaluate talent is Rex Thunderpaw owner of Pitts and Bulls
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

After having a drink and giving a chance for others to say something Ndreare adds. "If you guys would be interested, I was planning to meet up with a guy who will be able to get me in touch with the Rangers. If we are going to be traveling South together I think it would work to meet up with Rex together."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Vela wrote:Vela gives Penitent a smoldering glare, then says, "You were ahead, and after that you slipped. Maybe you got distracted by something shiny. Maybe you just do not work as hard without someone watching you."

She sits back, deceptively relaxed, then adds as if an afterthought, "I notice you're missing a blade. Did a vampire steal it from you?"
If the barb stings him, Penitent doesn't let it show.

"An old blade, full of memories that should be allowed to die. I passed it on to a fellow vengeance-seeker, who perhaps will find use for it in that place of the damned. Or she may die, or already be dead. It is miles behind us, now, and no doubt darker places are ahead."

Pouring himself another mug of the weak piss that passes for ale here, he smiles -- a grim tightening of the lips that curls ever-so-slightly toward a smirk.

"Perhaps in El Paso you will keep a better count, and offer sterner competition."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

"Feh," Vela scoffs. "In El Paso I'll keep the ears, so you can see for yourself. I'll bury you in them!"

Her amber eyes turned to gaze unblinking at Ndreare for a long moment.

"Who's this?"
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 9 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Ashlyn raised an eyebrow as Ndreare tells her where he is heading.

“We know of this Rex and these Rangers. We were hoping to find them, also. We just come from New Del Rio where we slay many vampires, and brodkil, too.” She looked over at Vela when the were-jaguar asked who the man was. “This is Ndreare. He also on same mission as we, to find Reid’s Rangers, to honor Spartacus’ sacrifice. He know the dogboy mentioned in Spartacus’ note.”

Conditions:
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Offering his hand to Vela Ndreare says. "Good to meet you, as Ashlyn says I am Ndreare. What may I call you?"
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

The brown-skinned woman leans forward to sniff at the offered hand, then she sits back and shrugs.

"Vela. My clan and tribe would mean nothing to you." Eyes the color of burnished bronze assess Ndreare, weigh him against some unknown measure. "Why do you fight the Dead? Is it just for this...Spartacus?"
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Looking at Vela Ndreare answers. "Because I got sick of politicians telling me to give up land thousands of my men died to obtain. I want to do something that matters, and killing Vampires matters. Everyone that dies is one less that can be used to bring an intelligence in."
Looking down here looks a bit annoyed at something I then adds. "Usually, this last time I freed a bunch of slaves, including a couple a mages. But before I could get them to a ley line where one of the slaves who said she was a Shifter could open a rift to safety, said she knew a safe place somewhere called Alberta, the Vampires caught up to us and recaptured it killed many of the ladies I had freed. Not happy about that, but life can be like that.
At least this time everyone was allowed to fight and not some politician telling us to bleed and pull back."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 6 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 8 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Ashlyn sipped at a Coke as she listened to Ndreare. “You are a soldier then?” she asked him. Donde estas? She shook her head, realizing he might not speak her native tongue. “Where you from?” She dipped a fry into some ketchup and popped it into her mouth.

Conditions:
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Ndreare wrote:" ... this last time I freed a bunch of slaves, including a couple a mages. But before I could get them to a ley line where one of the slaves who said she was a Shifter could open a rift to safety, said she knew a safe place somewhere called Alberta, the Vampires caught up to us and recaptured or killed many of the ladies ..." [/b]
Penitent's disinterest evaporates in an instant when Ndreare mentions a female Shifter and Alberta -- was that the same as the Calgary rift? -- and he leans in close, the intensity unsettling.

"This woman, the Shifter, did she have dark hair, raven black, and a scar over her left eye like a six-pointed star?" he asks, the words coming out like an interrogation. "Where did you last see her? And when?"
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

"Yes, that is her. I take it you know her.
"She was recaptured and they are headed south now. I don't like losing and was hoping to get her group back. Maybe you guys would like to help? That is assuming you want to save her, if you are hunting her to do harm, then I am not in for that, and will have to get in your way. Those girls are being abused and need freedom not punishment."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 6 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“We would desire their freedom, as well, amigo,Ashlyn assured Ndeare. “I do know know this woman. Who is she, Penitent?” she asked the intense Apock.

Conditions:
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent's face is as inscrutable as if he were still wearing his mask.

"She is the one I came here to find. The daughter of a woman who embraced the darkness and the man I used to be," he says. "It is my soul-bound duty to find her, but she will have the freedom to choose her fate. But choices have consequences, some most dire. And she has made many already that have stained her soul."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 6 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 8 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Ashlyn looked at Penitent with a bit of surprise. “She is your daughter? ¿Tu niña? She reached out and took Penitent’s hand, pressing it between her own. “No one beyond redemption, salvation,” she said. “Have faith. Hope. Believe,” she urged him. “We will find your little girl.”

Conditions:
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

"While I do not know that I believe any of the thousands of faiths about good, evil and redemption. I know these are people we can help. She was not alone, there were other slaves with her, and I would like to free them all." Looking at Penitent he adds. "Feels weird just talking of her in the third person. I was not able to get her name while we were running, it was so brief. So can you tell us what she likes to be called?"
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

"Her mother named her Artemisia," Penitent says, his gaze lost somewhere in the past. "I believe she calls herself Lilith."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:Two days later, Ashlyn and the team were on the road to El Paso and stopped at a small ley line to charge the Zone Ranger. There was a local hamburger emporium that seemed to be fairly popular with travelers. Ashlyn eagerly ordered a burger loaded with jalepeños, bacon, and cheese. A fluffy white dog climbed into her lap and she smile.

Hola, amigo,” she greeted the animal, scratching behind its ear and feeding it a bit of beef from her burger. “Are you not a cute one!” She let it sit there while she ate and the team discussed. “Is this your puppy, Slyn?” she asked the owner.

Conditions:
OOC Comments
I should take the Benny, but Ashlyn wants me to take the dog! LOL But damn. That leaves me with only 1 Benny.
Slyn smiles down at the dog, and hands Ahslyn a bottle lf classic coke. He slowly shakes his head no and smiles, " That dog has been parked out front for sometime now... I suppose it was waiting for the right person to come by.". He chuckles, " Looks like it might mean you." He brings the group a platter of burgers and few slices of apple pie.
" So are you folks on your way to El Paso, answerimg the call for heroes?" Slyn gestures to most of the folks in the busy hamburger joint, " Most of these folks are heading there to either participate or watch the spectacle. Hi hear the rangers are looking for the right group of heroes and are going to let all groups compete... The call of heroes, only the best survive." Slyn laughs and produces a few tall glasses lf creamy milk shakes and sets them down. " I heard all the major gangs are competing, the police force and even the local CS outfit are rurmored to have entered. Might be a few adventuring groups entering too... Should be a battle for the ages. They say Reid has something big planned." Unless further pressed Slyn grabs any discarded plates and heads over to another table.
Attachments
IMG_0156.JPG
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Notice 7
Notice [dice]0[/dice], [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]
The group had received a cryptic note from a man who said the note had come back in the saddle of the horse he had loaned to Krysesia. She had promised to meet them later and urged them to move on if she was late. She would find them. Given she is a shifter, that is not wholly impossible. So it is that the group arrives without one of its True Atlanteans (OOC: Sorry Rob).

The perceptive might notice a familiar angelic form in the night sky if they were looking up. They might even see her land a good distance away on the ley line and seem to blur into light and reform.
Everyone notices the rift form outside and watch the angel step through it
Moments later, Krysesia and Serena step through carrying a large box covered in tarps and blankets. The rift closes behind them with a snap of Krys's fingers, though anyone with magic knowledge knows she was just timing it that way.

Having literally everyone's attention, she waves to her friends. "Ashlyn, I bring a gift for you. Ink, Penitent, Vela, you might want to be around for this as well. But this is her show." They carefully unwrap the box and remove the lid to reveal Ashlyn's mother turned vampiric blood mage with a stake through her heart and silver manacles on her wrists. "We can seal her back up, but I suggest dealing with this sooner than later. Driving might knock out the stake." If anyone but Ashlyn makes a move for the body, Serena interferes bodily. An icy cold stare of reproach would be held for any so crass as to get between a monster and her daughter. Once Ashlyn is ready, they either deal with it, or seal it back up. If it is sealed up, Serena offers to stand guard over it.

In any case, once done, Krys cleans her hands and then heads in and orders a double with cheese and bacon all the way, plus a double malt milkshake and chili cheese fries. She then begins to eat with a happy look. She offers nothing about her delay unless pressed. She nods to the new guy before her first bite. "Krysesia Lengdosia, interdimensional vagabond and general do-gooder, pleased to meet you."
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 7 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Gracias, Ashlyn told the handsome and muscular elf when he handed her the Coke, blushing slightly. “So I suppose no one has named you, mija? she asked the little dog, lifting it up to her face, giving the cute face a kiss. “Are you boy or girl?” She made a cursory examination. “How about Blanca? Does that sound good to you?” she asked the puppy. She fed it a bit of hamburger.

And then a rift suddenly opens in the ley line. Tension rushes through the diners at the hamburger stand, as no one knows what could come through the rift, but Ashlyn relaxes when she sees it is Krysesia. But what was that large box?

When the shifter opens the box, however, Ashlyn isn’t the only one to go a bit pale. Even a staked vampire was dangerous if the stake came out.

Madre de Dios!” Ashlyn mutters, crossing herself.

Blanca growls softly, and Ashlyn hugs the puppy close, as much for her own comfort as the puppies as she stares at the pale face of her mother.

Ashlyn’s voice is thick with emotion as she speaks. “Be pleasing to get me big tub agua. Water,” she tells Slyn. “And pleasing to move box. We do not want disturb people eating,” she told some of the nearby heroes.

With Serena standing guard over Ashlyn’s mother as the box was moved away, out of sight and off aways behind the team’s Zone Ranger, Ashlyn picked up Blanca and turned to Krysesia.

Muchas Gracias, mi hermanita,” she told the shifter. “Is time mi madre now rest in piece.” Her back was stiff as she walked off toward the Zone Ranger.

Ashlyn put Blanca into the truck, and the puppy stood up on her hind legs, whimpering. Slyn and some workers brought the tub and set it down beside the casket. “Please be leaving me,” she said, tears tracking down her cheeks.

Alone now, staring down at the perverted remains of her mother, Ashlyn sobbed as she relived that night of horror from her childhood. She pulled out her rosary, her fingers moving over the beads as she prayed. She ran her hand over the water. With the proximity of the ley line, she had nearly infinite magic to bless it, and soon it sparkled with a holy light.

“Jacinta Anjelica Juarez y Alvarez, via con Dios, mi querida madre, Ashlyn choked out.

She grunted as she lifted the tub of water, dumping it slowly over her mother’s prone body. The eyes flew open, and the vampire screamed in agony as her body sizzled, echoing throughout the small encampment around the hamburger stand.

Ashlyn steeled herself, her face set, her eyes burning with unshed tears and hatred for what her mother had become. Jacinta Alvarez thrashed and screamed, until her voice choked off in a gurgle of pain as her body sludged away to nothingness under the holy blessing of the water.

Steam rose from the watery coffin. It seemed to swirl in the energies of the ley line as it took a vaguely human form. A hand reached out toward Ashlyn.

Gracias, mi querida hijita. Mi, como has crecido. Te amo. Siempre te amo. the quiet, familiar voice said before the winds of the ley line ripped the vague form apart.

Ashlyn broke down, collapsing to the grass in the watery mess of her mother’s remains that had sloshed out of the coffin. Her chest ached as great, gasping sobs tore free of her throat, her fingers clenching and unclenching in the wet sod beneath her as she shook, her agonizing grief almost as loud in the encampment around the hamburger stand as had been the death throes of the vampire.

Blanca jumped down from the window of the Zone Ranger and trotted over. She whimpered and nuzzled at Ashlyn, and the broken young woman pulled the white dog close, matting mud in her fur as she hugged the puppy tightly. Blanca licked at Ashlyn’s face and tears, trying to offer comfort to the bereft young woman.

Ashlyn wasn’t sure how long she lay there in the mud, clutching the puppy and sobbing. But she finally picked herself up. She tucked the muddy Blanca into her arms as she strode back to rejoin the others, her back erect, her clothes dirty, her face streaked with tears and mud.

Esta terminado,Ashlyn said in a hoarse voice as she sat down, staring at the cold remains of her burger and her warm Coke.

Conditions:
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

(rolls held)
Serena, for her part, stands by and ensures nothing happens to the grieving mystic. She removes her shackles when the deed is done. No magic will cure a broken heart and she does not know this woman well enough to comfort her. She simply smiles in a warm and supportive fashion whenever she is looked at all.

As Ashlyn moves in, Krysesia guides her to the bathroom, and takes to the task of cleaning her up. She gives the woman a small hug of comfort as the leads her back to the table, and Ashlyn makes her statement, Krys nods. "Yes, it is done."

Conditions:
  • Twice PPE max from ley line, and full PPE (except for what is bound in Serena).
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent watches dispassionately as Ashlyn returns, muddy stains all that is left of her vampiric mother. Unbidden, the memory of his wife's death returns, the look in her eyes, her screams as the rune-knifedevoured her tainted soul. He had hoped giving the blade to the girl in Del Rio might have taken the memory with it, but it appears not.

He wonders if he will have to do to his daughter what Ashlyn has done to her mother? Likely not with a tub of water, although the end result would involve a similar mess.

"There is no sense fleeing from a Fate unknown, for it will find us. Remember that," he says, seemingly to no one in particular. Then he picks up Ashlyn's abandoned hamburger and feeds it to the invisible imp on his shoulder. "And don't leave meat for the crows when you may need it to sustain you through a battle yet to come."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Ashlyn could only stare numbly at Penitent, his words barely piercing the fog of grief clouding her mind. She absently stroked Blanca’s newly cleaned fur as the puppy licked at her face, her own black hair hanging in limp, damp tendrils about her face, scrubbed free of the muddy remains of her mother.

Fate? How was this fate? Until three days ago, Ashlyn had thought her mother safely dead and buried on the plot of what had been her family farm. She’d had no inkling Jacinta had been raised, possessed, turned.

Ashlyn slipped a hand into her armor. Her fingers clutched at the silver letter opener she still carried from her childhood. Her old instincts rose in her again, that fire that had driven her to murder that bully at the orphanage when he touched her. She would drive the blade into Penitent’s eye, show him just what Fate felt like for his cold, heartless words. And stab that damn demon of his while she was at it.

Blanca’s wet tongue brought Ashlyn back to her senses, at least a bit. She took a shuddering breath and released her grip on the letter opener that was all she had remaining from her parents. Fate? No, this was all a cruel trick. Why would God allow such a thing to have happened to her mother? Jacinta had been a good woman, God-fearing. So had her father. They gave their tithe to the church. They prayed the rosary with Ashlyn every day before bed. They were good, innocent people.

Ashlyn turned to Leben, her fellow mystic, for comfort, but he was not there. No, he had stayed behind to help in New Del Rio. She was alone in her grief and doubts. The others would not understand. Alone. Always alone. Even in the orphanage, alone, the girl who murdered. Even her sisters in the Magdalenas had kept their distance. That is why it had been so easy to leave, to go to the Legion.

And now she was here, having just murdered her mother in cold blood, not thinking to even try and save her, redeem her. So who was the real monster?

Ashlyn tucked Blanca under her arm and walked off, away from the others.

Conditions:
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Notice 8 or 10 with sight, Detect Arcana shaken, then a raise, and Common Knowledge 11
+2 with Sight, Body armor has optics package ignores 2 points of sight penalties.
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

True Sight = Exalted Detect Arcana
Spellcasting [dice]2[/dice]
Spellcasting Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]4[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Spirit Unshake after 6 seconds
Spirit [dice]6[/dice]
Spirit Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]

second Attempt at True Sight = Exalted Detect Arcana
Spellcasting [dice]8[/dice]
Spellcasting Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]
Seeing Penitent's feed a hamburger to nothing Ndreare activates his True Sight. However having amped himself on the power of the ley line for too long his magic surges to get out and he staggers at the table rocking in place. Shaking his head to clear his mind it takes him a few seconds.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent nods sagely as Ndreare winces in pains.

"You drank the frozen milk too quickly, didn't you?" he says. "I had the pink kind, and it was delicious. It didn't taste like straw at all."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Penitent wrote:Penitent nods sagely as Ndreare winces in pains.

"You drank the frozen milk too quickly, didn't you?" he says. "I had the pink kind, and it was delicious. It didn't taste like straw at all."
"I wish it was milk, I was trying to get a look at your friend. But I over extended myself a bit and experienced a little bit of an overload from holding in too much of this ley line."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

"Ah, yes, the fledgling subdemon. I cut it out of a woman in town. I was about to throttle it, but it expressed an interest in following the path of the Light. We will see if it is successful, or if it fails and must be purified with more finality."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Fizzwaite Zipwidget »

Rousing himself from the stupor to waaaay too many hamburgers Fizzwaite takes stock of what he's been missing. "So you have a busted truck that needs fixing do ya? Keep yer money and let's go have a look see shall we?"

One look at the rolling wreck that was Ndreare's truck was enough to put Fizzwaite back on his heels a bit. "Woof. Had just a spot of bother did you? Are you sure you still have all the pieces? I made need to get my big hammer for this job."

Still, fresh off of his success with the furnace Fizz is ready to tackle just about any challenge and sets off to get his tools from the Phantom Cruiser.
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela glanced around at the others, mulling over what she'd seen and heard. She was...careful...where Ashlyn was concerned. The human shaman's magic somehow had silver in it though she'd never heard of such a thing before. Even so, she couldn't help but wonder why no one seemed moved by what she'd had to do.

The masked one's new pet demon seemed to occupy their attention far more.

She finished off her burger of ham. It was good, though she missed the metallic tang of blood in the meat. The human habit of cooking it drove all the fluids out, such that they had to add other things to compensate. But still...it was good.

Then Vela got to her feet and headed out of the inn, or tavern, or whatever they called the place. She sniffed the wind outside, then followed the path Ashlyn had taken at a brisk jog to overtake a woman who was walking.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn paused as she heard the sound of someone approaching behind her. Blanca growled slightly, and Ashlyn turned to see Vela.

“Seems she doesn’t much like cats,” Ashlyn commented to her...friend? Rival? She gave Vela a sad smile. They hadn’t got to talk much since meeting again, with all the happenings at the ruins and at New Del Rio. Now they had a bit of a breather. “How have you been, Vela? How is your mission going? I am sorry New Alamo couldn’t have been more help.”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela watched Ashlyn as she spoke, but didn't answer right away.

Then she said, "Aapo and Ian were boys from the village in my tribe's territory. We were friends, when we were growing up. We played together. Sometimes we fought, like children." She nodded. "Mother always reminded me not to change, because I would be too strong and it wouldn't be safe. But I did sometimes anyway because it impressed them. I was young. I didn't think of them as different from the People."

"The Jaguar People aren't like yours. We can be killed by the Dead, but not changed by them. But when the Dead took Aapo and Ian, like they took your mother..." Vela broke off and looked away, then took a deep breath.

"The Dead remember who they used to be. They can play the part. But Aapo and Ian died when they were taken, and something took their place. When I looked into their eyes, in the end, it was not them looking back. A screaming, howling, mad thing wearing their skins."

The werejaguar looked back at Ashlyn, her eyes a little watery but her chin set defiantly. "It would be harder, I know, for you. Your mother. And she was one of the thinking Dead...better at acting like her. Better at hurting you. Eh...I am bad at this."

"All this, just to say I am sorry about your mother, and what you had to do. The others are distracted, or maybe do not care. They have not fought the Dead. Not like you and I have. They do not understand, I think."

Vela nodded again. "That is what I wanted to say. The rest, my 'mission' and all that...eh. I do not know. The land here, it is not so good. And the Dead are still everywhere. Maybe one of the others has had better luck."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Ashlyn turned to give Vela a weary smile. “I know that. Up here,” she said, tapping her temple. “I know what she was, that she was..not really my mother. But here, where it counts,” she placed a hand over her chest. “That is not so hard.”

Ashlyn looked out at the beauty of the nearby ley line again. “I...did not get to properly grieve my mother. I was too young. Seeing her again… She was the same, just like when she tucked me into bed that night, read me a story, sang me to sleep. She had not changed.”

Ashlyn lowered her head, her tears hidden by a fall of black hair. She sniffed and wiped them away.

“I thank you, Vela.” She stepped over and hugged the were-jaguar.

Blanca growled, but Ashlyn shushed the puppy.

“You are good friend. I sorry I scarred you when we first met.”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Fizzwaite Zipwidget »

Setting a step ladder against the grill of the Old Beast and climbed up to take a look at the engine. "Wow, I don't believe it. I don't think I've EVER seen an engine in this bad a shape before! Are you sure this thing just didn't run off a couple of squirrels and you just let them get away? Sheesh! Well, let me see what I can do."
Repair
Repair Die [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
+2 for Mr. Fix It
After a few minutes under the hood and not a little cursing Fizzwaite has the truck idling smoothly... until the the truck backfires violently sending Fizzwaite tumbling off his ladder to land sprawling on his backside in the grass. "That's one vile tempered bogget you got there, I'll tell you that for free!" Getting up and dusting himself off he scowls at the truck and then at its owner. "Well, it should run ok for the time being. When we get someplace with decent repair facilities I can try and get that beast of yours into proper working order. No promises though. I think it may be possessed!"

Gathering up his tools Fizzwaite heads back to the Phantom Cruiser to stow his tools and then to see if this place sells a proper beer.
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela is a little surprised at the hug, but allows it to happen...even puts her hands somewhat diffidently around Ashlyn's shoulders as well.

She laughs at her words though.

"Sorry?! They're good scars! Scars of silver and magic...everyone will be very impressed when I tell them how I fought a shaman like you to a standstill and can show them these."

Her brown-gold eyes light on the little dog, and she shows teeth that are momentarily sharp in her grin.

"Now you can let her go. I would like to be there when you do, if you do not want to be alone."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn smiled, her dark eyes twinkling a bit. “Fought me to a standstill?” she asked. “Is that how you are telling it, hijita?she laughed. “As I remember, we were interrupted by mucho vampires! I was only just getting started kicking your tail!”

Ashlyn mellowed a bit. “She is gone. I released her from her nightmare. Now I will have to release her from my nightmares,” she said sadly.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

"Si, she is gone. But it helps to say good bye." Vela considers, then says, "Take something of hers...or that maybe she gave you. Something that feels to you like her. Use it to remember her...then tell it good bye, and throw it away. Not to forget, but to put her ghost to rest. That is what we do."

The were jaguar shrugs.

"Maybe you are different. Good night."

Vela turns to head back in, but pauses to shoot a grin back at Ashlyn.

"And I had you where I wanted you. The Dead saved you. Maybe both of us."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid