Part 5.1: Attack of the Kreeghor ( Dramatic Event)

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 5.1: Attack of the Kreeghor ( Dramatic Event)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Feel free to finish up your interludes and I will post any reactions by NPCs to them if warranted in the next GM post
Spoon Fed Edition
1 hour elapsed from the bomb to now.
The Zone Ranger jives and dives this way or another. Our the windows you can see flashes of canyon wall illuminated by moon light. A dark green beam from the sky blasts a chunk of rock near the ranger. Out the windows, a strange looking ship eclipses the moon breifly. Ndreare knows this ship and the pain that it can unleash.
Tara yells, " What the... In the nine hells is that a space ship!? Another blast from it hits the wall nearby forcing her to turn unexpectedly. Rod the plucky droid hit the side of the zone and its casing pops off revealing its tirtiary triangulation matrix has been inadvertently activated by his near death experience. The droids mechanical voice fills the cabin slightly ominous and with a tinge of regret.
" Master, Master's Retenue... The damage from the incredible blast has activated my redundant recovery beacon. A failsafe put on all Kreghor droids. It is prudent is it not ha ha ha? The hidden Kreeghor base in these mountains has been alerted as you can see if you look out the left windows... A TIV-TT1 Code name Reign of Death is currently trying to dystroy us." As if on cue another blast jarrs the Zone. Tara yells something in dwarven, and Taylor Thomas in the gunner seat opens fire with a series of shreks.

Rod sparks and arcs, the smell of bacon comes from within him, " I have managed to override my programing and permantly disabled my failsafe recovery matrix. My data base describes a large series of caverns due south along our current course. It has enough over hangs and bottle necks that their superior firepower and numbers will not result in catastrophe ha ha ha."

Tara yells, " Sounds good to me you wacky droid, I see whadda talking about. Hang on!"

From above in the gun turret Taylor Thomas' red haired freckle filled smiling face pops down from the gunners hatch. " Wow, team those stories... Just look at the soldiers eyes, full of hope." He smiles playfully thumping his chest, " Penitent, demon frogs... You got me right here." He laughs and smiles at Ndeare, " Space man, you had me at Pardon." He points from above you guys down at the bloody CS soldier gripping on to life, " Look at that guy Daniel, Ashlyn. One eye is open just looking up at you!" Taylor Thomas tosses a TW infused cross to Vela and laughs with joy, " I do not know you, but man. You must be a vampires worst nghtmare! The way the chrome commander was telling it you put some spine into his men."

Tara yells, " Get back into that turret and lay down some cover fire boy! We are yall most there... What the blazes??" Pulling along side the Zone is an old beat up rifts pickup, it smashes into the last of the vampires and flashes its head lights as a form of hello! Legends tell tale of an unmanned prerifts vehicle that roams the highways and byways of the vampir kingdoms: The old beast!
Benny Oppertunity
Tell us a short tale of what if anything you might know or have heard about such a vehicle.
Rod tries to right himself but its frame is too damaged so it just stays where it is sparking and arcing. A peice of metal shoots out of it thudding into Karls chest. Karl still wounded from the bomb rolls his eyes into the back of his head and breathes shallow.

Rod's voice fills the Zone once again, "Sorry Karl... I beleive the sweet boy needs medical attention. In fact if my scanners are accurate most of us need some form of repair. Is there a doctor in the house? Ha ha ha. Turn left Tara in the caverns and we will find our grave or salvation. A defensible position where the might of the Kreghor will be lessened. I beleive the cavern tunnels if investigated and properly scouted may provide a relative easy way out. It will also give a chance to heal or fix these poor souls." Tara yells and jerks the Zone hard to the left.

Rod continues but not in his own voice, a nasty mean voice that feels like gravel grating on your boot, " Cousin! Long have you hidden from my sight. Stuck on this wretched world... Now I have found you. Do you know what she will do to you once I bring her your body? I have need of a play thing cousin, if you have anything to say to the gunner... Say it, oh too late cousin!! I will see you soon!" A cry and a crash comes from Taylor Thomas in the gunner turret.

Tara slides the Zone into the caves coming to a stop yelling and pointing to the Kreeghor ship landing a bit away, " Taylor! Taylor! We godda get him back!". Indeed should the legions of crocodile humaoid esque creatures be held at bay, the injured lifted back to their feet, and a way out discovered just maybe, just maybe Taylor Thomas might be rescued from an untimely demise. Then in that tremendous moment a hero might learn a bit more insight and wisdom, or perhaps gain a favor from a legendary techno wizard.
Cave and Kreeghor pics
Kreeghor
Kreeghor
Cavern
Cavern
Player directions
Ok so we are going to do a 3 part dramatic event. Each part needs 5 successes to succeed. 7 successes generates a small bonus for all players that parciticapted in that task( this format is meant for a group 7-8, if less players drop the number events by 1). The bonus is proportional to the scene modifier. Should 21 successes be generated this results in a major reward. All players rolls count towards the dramatic event they have chosen to participate in and you can only participate in one event. The GM can decide to spend a benny so that he may have an enemy show up if appropriate to create more issues at an event. Each event has a list of allowed skills that can be used to participate. You do have an option to spend personal resources to modify your TRAIT roll. The resources narrativly accounts for the characters verity of skills, powers and abilities. Some stages have a cost that must be paid after participating. All three dramatic events are attacked/delt with simultaneously there is no sequential order. Instead of lasting five rounds this lasts only 1 round.

Resources Spent: As a default your character spends 4 Power Points of their own or a 2d6 in ammo. If it makes sense 1Ok in creds or resources. Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success on your trait roll for the scene. Note: you must have the resources to spend them.
  • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy battle you accept -2 to your roll in exchange for spending 1/2 (rounded down) the resources. However, your character receives an extra benny.
  • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
  • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may double the resources spent, or accept 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
  • +4: No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You may triple the resources spent, or accept 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds( or a combination) to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
Each stage is laid out like below and players choose one stage to participate in for the duration of the dramatic task.
Scene penalty: x ( a penalty of -2 to -4 is appropriate)
Cost if any:
GM benny to have an enemy show up( if applicable)
# of successes needed to succeed, bonus
Narrative:

So recap:
1) choose your scene
2) choose resources
3) look at scene modifier
4) choose your skill and roll with all applicable bonus and minus' accounted for.
5) Narrate results
6) 21 success bonus: choice of 1
  • 1HJ roll on experience and wisdom
  • Major or minor mod of choice on any item includimg one that has no available slots( this will happen at some point during the quad (assuming Terra does not die)
Dramatic Event 1
Scene Title: Angels and Mechanics among us
Applicable Traits: heal, repair, arcane background as long as you have the heal power( TW's can make a device but they take a further -2 to their trait roll to participate in the scene and a -2 to the creation roll of the device as if applying MAP)
Cost if any:none
Enemy if any(adds ro the blow scene penalty): GM benny spent, Devek Regga Beserking blood hungry psi-stalker increases the difficulty of the parcitipation roll by [dice]33917:0[/dice]
Scene Penalty:-4
Goal: # of successes needed is 5, bonus unlocked at 7, +1 benny and Subdue Devek. Failure, those that are wounded possibly die. Success they live.
Narrative: With the ride finally ended Commander Kurling the cyborg, Rod, Daniel, Karl, the coalition mind melter, a few other coalition soldiers, and the vampire hunters themselves can seek medical or mechanical aid. Rod and Karl are too wounded to help effectively.
Tera gets out of the Zone frantaclly looking at the Kregor ship just landed. She begins to break out the med kits and looks at the heroes, " We godda get folks fixed up. That blast tooks its toll on everyeone. The Coalition commander and the wacky droid need some TLC." She points to five coalition soldiers with vampire marks on their legs, the soldiers are shivering and they look pale, " It looks like these five are the worst off, vamps got to them before I could, in their leg... Can you just hack it off to avoid infection?" From the duffle bag a mechanical moan groans, " Wait! A hack job will be inefficient dwarve... Ughhh, I... I can help."Tara moves helps the 4 armed mechanical marvel known as Doc Reid out of the bag, he has a long gash down his leg that seems to be bleeding profusely and hobbles his movement. He drops to one knee. Tara tries to help him up or begin repairs but from behind her, out of one of the caverns nooks and crannies a makshift vibro spear is thrown through her chest. Blood splatters everywhere...

From the dark, a bald foaming at the mouth wild eyed psi-stalker emerges. His eyes are red, and skin white as a ghost. His armor looks familiar as does his twisted face. Starved for food the psi-stalker lunges at the would be healers making their jobs that more difficult.
" Arggghhh. You left Devek! I am Devek! Ffffffooooodddddd!"
Dramatic Event 2
Scene Title: The Legion Decends
Applicable Traits: combat roll, arcane background (as long as you have an offensive power), kn battle
Cost if any: 3d6 damage MD ignores armor
Enemy if any:None
# of successes needed 5, bonus at 7= +1 Benny and capture a Kreehgor royal gaurdsman
Narrative: The Kreghor ship lands and from its extended gangplanks droves of crocodile like humanoids come streaming out. Each one has a set of fully srticulated self sealed body armor that only makes their apperence more fearsome. The levions of warriors weild weapons of destruction from worlds or perhaps galaxies not heard of on rifts earth. Phase weapons lance out striking heroes and their allies protecting the injured. From the ship's PA a loud grating voice, the same one that had benn forced through Rod yells over the battle feild, " Cousin, it is said you slew many before leaving, but I wonder if you can be any match for a Royal Kreeghor. Manzvin will bring you to me, and I to her."

Leading these Kreeghor warriors is one faster, larger, and smarter than the rest. Unlike the green hide of its bretheren this larger Kreeghor is grey. Its roar fills the canyon and echoes in the cavern you have chosen for your stand. It raises a lance whose head is made of blue plasma and charges the would be defenders.
Dramatic Event 3
Scene Title: A way out for all of us
Applicable Traits: Notice, common kn if this area is your home, tracking, survival, kn engineering, kn history
Cost if any: Bumps or Bruises, The caves are a trecherous place to go exploring. Make either an agility or vigor roll or suffer a level of fatigue. Make this roll at a -2 instead of the normal scene penalty
Enemy if any:none
# of successes needed 5, bonus at 7: +1 Benny and the Kreeghor base is located
Narrative: The cave system is wide, and dark... Darker than it had any right to be. Its as if light from any source is swallowed into the deep dark crevices. A soft wind howls at those that descend. The cave's floor will give way unexpectedly swallowing a would be hero whole, and stalactites fall silently threatening to slice even those most hardy in half. While the caves are mostly large enough for Fizz's zone and the beast, without a clear direction on how to proceed, it would be easy to get lost. Every now and again voices can be heard in the distance faint and in a laguage not immidiately recognizable to most in the group. Some strange pre-rift symbols adorn the cave walls every so often. They seem to be sets of engineering markers at each junction. Knowing that the Kreeghor legions are descending upon the would be heroes makes finding a safe passage out of the caves even more paramount.
Success count:
Date 4/22
Event 1: you have acheived 1 success (ashlyn) 6 (ndreare)=7
Event 2: you have acheived 7 successes ( Luc)=7
Event 3: you have acheived 2 successes (Pen), 2 successes from Rod but he is now incapacitated=4
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 5.1: Attack of the Kreeghor ( Dramatic Event)

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 6
Alertness, Danger Sense
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Ashlyn smiled weakly at Trevor Thomas and smoothed back the hair on Daniel’s forehead, reassuring him. “Soon,” she said. Then she yelped in pain as she was tossed roughly around the crew cabin as the Zone Ranger sped and swerved to avoid the thumping blasts of the weapons fire from the Kreghor ship.

Ashlyn listened quietly to the conversation about the caves. She looked out the window and spotted the old, beat up pickup, blinking with surprise. “That cannot be! Is jus’ myth. The Lone Rider, in his old truck, the Old Beast. He come with silver bullets, shoot vampires in head, wear mask. Has friend Kimosabe, a simvan hunter. The sisters told stories.”

Ashlyn waved. “Hi Ho Silver!” she called out the purported greeting of the mysterious masked man that rode the plains. She was a bit brain addled from pain and injury, after all.

They hit the caves and Ashlyn tumbled out of the Zone Ranger. She turned to help the others out, as well. They had been packed in there like sardines.

“I hope we can avoid amputations,” Ashlyn told Tara. “Get everyone together. I will have to leave the cyborg and robot to you, Fizz,” she said. There was little she could do to heal something that was a machine.

Suddenly a figure burst out of the darkness.

"Arggghhh! You left Devek! I am Devek! Ffffffooooodddddd!"

Ashlyn gave a cry. She ducked out of the way as the hunger-crazed psi-stalker lunged at her. He ran into the wall, dazing himself.

“Devek! Pull yourself together! You may feed after I am done healing everyone!” Ashlyn promised.

Quickly she turned and started praying.
Mysticism to heal, boost, etc 6 1 Success
Scene modifier -4, Enemy modifier -1, No Matter the Cost +4 for 12 PPE
Mysticism [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]- misapplied the plus. Should be +2 from the previous roll, not the die of 3
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Task 2 - Combat 7 successes
No Matter the Cost +4
Scene modifier -4
Spellcasting
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Spellcasting
[dice]1[/dice]

Benny to reroll Spellcasting because good gracious I've never seen a character roll so dismally so consistently, plus Elan
[dice]2[/dice]

At long last! Ace plus prior
[dice]4[/dice]

Wow! 2nd Ace plus prior
[dice]5[/dice]

WD Spellcasting
[dice]3[/dice]
Lucianna glares at the Kreeghor ship. She exits the Zone Ranger quickly, a rage of lightning dancing from her eyes. The strange light on the end of the scepter she wields grows brighter by an order of magnitude. "You have disrupted our transit and taken one of our own. I have had a very difficult day and I wish nothing more than to rest and recover, but you have spoiled that plan. Therefore, it is my good pleasure to spoil your own plans. BACK!" Tightly compressed blasts of acid lance forth, sizzling holes through the armor - and flesh - of several warriors in a line. "Those who step from their ship will be shown the error of their decisions. I warn you only this once. Retreat this moment, or I shall be forced to show you the wrath of the Archon!"

As if to test her resolve, and the depths of her inner reserves, several more Kreeghor warriors dismount their ship. "Have I not warned you? Very well. Your regret will be short lived!" With that, she stabs her scepter skyward, calling down a massive strike of lightning on the Kreeghor ship, blasting the gangplank and those near it into slag. The few Kreeghor warriors who survive the rain of lightning strikes fire poorly aimed blasts at their targets, flying well wide of Lucianna and her allies.

The royal Kreeghor guardsman charges, plasma lance raised, heading directly for the arcane maiden who has obliterated dozens of his troops. He bellows in rage, intent on running the Archon through. Lucianna, however, sneers at his clumsy charge. Pointing the scepter at the head of the gray-skinned Kreeghor, a bolt of lightning strikes him in the face, arcing around the helmet of his armor and into his eyes. He falls heavily, faceplanting squarely in front of the diminutive Archon sorceress. "Your rage has blinded you to the superiority of your foe. A sign of a poor leader. And your foe has blinded you because she wishes not to engage you directly. Only a fool would test physical strength with one of your size. However, I believe I wish to know more about your incursion here. Please. Take your rest now. I shall deal with you later, once I have dispatched the last of your foolish troops who refused to listen to my warning." With that, she swings the scepter, bashing the blind royal guardsman across the back of the helmet. A flash emits from the scepter as the strike connects, and the Kreeghor guardsman loses consciousness. He remains unaware of the conclusion of the symphony of violence conducted by the Archon maestro, a brilliant work of a variety of elements and deftly placed strikes which turn the terrain against the attacking hordes.
Last edited by Lucianna on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Bennies: 2 (+1 quarter bonus, +1 joker, +1 Pender's oops, -4 for rerolling resist slumber. Really. -1 Reroll Spellcasting, -1 reroll spellcasting Kreeghor dramatic task, +1 massive success on task 2, +1 Big Damn Hero, +1 RP and completing the task/saving the world, -1 EE Agility, -1 EE dispel, -1 reroll damage, +2 Jokers)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: Greater Boost Trait - Spellcasting (+2 die types, d12+5); Greater Deflection (-6 to hit, additional -1 to hit ranged)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 13 (7) (Combat Mage Armor, Full Environmental Protection)
PPE: 43 / 30
Pace: 6
Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Expanded Awareness, Elan, Marksman (spellcasting), Slow Regeneration, Expert (spellcasting); all damage dealing spells are MD, all mega-versions are +5 AP
Adventure Cards: Cutting In Line - Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Weapon in hand: Scepter of Spellweaving
Weapon in holster: Shard Pistol, TW Flaming Sword
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Notice 11 (13 with sight), Detect Arcana 19, and Common Knowledge 11
+2 with Sight, Body armor has optics package ignores 2 points of sight penalties.
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Detect Arcana at Will
Spirit [dice]2[/dice]
Spirit Wild Die [dice]3[/dice] Ace [dice]6[/dice] Ace Aced [dice]8[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]4[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Ndreare starts shouting orders on what needs done and how to take advantage of the geography when he sees Lucianna going to town. Holy crap she was good, he did not think he could do so well himself and he was one of the best.
When Ndreare suddenly hears Syeed's voice coming from Rodney he is not surprised. "She will have to give it up Syeed, i told her once I have only loved one woman and will not have another. Beside, I am retired from a career of conquering planets. the politics of it all to often led to betrayal for my taste.
"you may want to pull out, because my ally here increadible arcane skills of her own and you may end up being denied the opportunity to regret the decision to peruse us."

With her taking care of the offense Ndreare decides to focus on logistics and see what he can to heal the injured men and woman. Preparing to drain the power from stored in Abrandis’ Honorblade Ndreare raises his sword high in the air and channeling the power of his Son's Honor Blade and the waves of healing energy that wash out of it are boundlessly invigorating enough to remove all the wounds and then some. His ability to efficiently use the energy so enough that the waves of energy just keep coming.
Dramatic Task Mass Healing Spell 6 Successes
Spellcasting d12+2 Gear +1, Going all out +4 takes 2 wounds, spends 4 PPE for using spellcasting, Scene -4
Spellcasting [dice]9[/dice]
Spellcasting Wild [dice]10[/dice] Ace [dice]11[/dice] + Extra Effort Last Benny [dice]12[/dice]+2 From Elan makes 24 total
Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 6 (8 with honor Blade)
Toughness: 16 (8)
PPE: 15 of 20 base
Night's Kiss PPE: 10/10 | T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 6/10
Wounds: 0/3 (took a wound and was healed of 1, used EP to soak)
Fatigue: 0/2
Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2 | Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
Both Weapons Drawn, ready and charged
Quickness + Raise Effect (Second Turn)
Ex Deflection -6 to hit him or -7 with ranged (second turn)
Fighting Boosted to d12+6 (first turn)
Exalted Smite on Blades w/Raise +8 Damage (first turn)
+2 to All trait rolls this turn from Inspiration Adventure Card

Bennies: 1
Rodney Status
Wounds: 2/3

Adventure Cards (ALREADY USED 2nd Q of 2018)
Novice: 1d54 (37) [Make removable] = Villanious Verbosity "Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan."
Seasoned: 1d54 (50) [Make removable] = Theme Song "It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words."
Veteran: 1d54 (24) [Make removable] = Inspiration "Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round." - USED
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Rodney

Ndreare looks over at Rodney and orders him to get to work on finding a way out of here. No way does he plan on fighting a star ship with nothing but small arms and ego.

"Of course I will be looking for a way our. Did you think I was going to just sit around and die with the rest of you?
Err, I mean I am sure you have this, how tough could these guys be?"

Then mumbling enough under his breath that it was somewhat quite, but loud enough everyone heard. "Not that they would have to be tough to take your team out, you guys are as organized as a bowl of spaghetti covered in rainbow paint."
As Rodney does his best to help, he is simply unable to contribute in a meaning full way as his priority was focused on repairing the damage already sustained.
Rolls deleted per GM request
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

2 Successes for Find a Way Out
Tracking for Penitent is 1d6+2, -4 scene modifier, +4 No Matter the Cost (Took 2 Wounds, soak roll below):
Tracking [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan[dice]4[/dice] = 2 Successes

Almost forgot:
Agility [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Benny to reroll + Elan
Agility [dice]5[/dice]
Ace! [dice]7[/dice] = Success
Wild [dice]6[/dice]

Benny to soak 2 Wounds:
Vigor + Elan [dice]8[/dice] = 2 Wounds soaked
Wild [dice]9[/dice]

Cost: 3 Bennies, 4 PPE
Penitent hops out of the Zone Ranger and begins chopping up Khreegor, glad for the distraction after spending an hour cooped up with the wounded. Battle is where his talents lie, not the infirmary.

The day is starting to look up when he spots Karl flying off into one of the side tunnels. The little imp has been showing enough progress latey that Penitent doubts mere cowardice has caused the boy to flee the battle, but the fool is likely to end up maimed or dead off by himself. Reluctantly, Penitent leaves behind the bloodshed and follows his squire, watching for blood drops and small scratches in the cave walls to see where Karl has flown.

Soon enough, Penitent is reminded that he may find worthy foes yet -- leaders often take up position on the edges of battle, to watch and plot. He finds a few of these as he scours the caves, mopping up the Khreegor rear guard as he plots the layout of the surrounding caves. Finally, he finds Karl, who is relieving himself on some sort of alien machinery drilled into a cavern wall.

"Had to take a break from killing the sinful to make water, Daddy," Karl says, as he shakes off and retrieves his bloodied vibro-knife. "Nasty lizards have been marking territory, so I did, too!"

He beams, and Penitent can't help smiling a little behind his demon mask.

"Well, boy, now that nature has called, let us return to bringing redemption to the damned. We can both leave our marks on these walls with the blood of our foes."

With that, the apok and his protege return to the fight, inadvertently scouting a sizeable portion of the caves in the process.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice], [dice]1[/dice]
Krys summons several fast flying telepathic creatures of air and bids them to fly ahead and scout her way. With what she knows and what she can see, she begins barking instructions to those driving, warning them from dead ends and towards safety. "I remember those markings from University! Here, go right here. Yes here, now! No Straight now! Trust me!"
Finding the Way out: Survival Success + 3 raises (16); Vigor 7 vs Fatigue (at -2)
+2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You use 8 PPE to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
+2 to all Common Knowledge Rolls relating to geography in North America, Survival, and Streetwise rolls in North America.
Total Penalty: 0
Survival [dice]2[/dice]+[dice]4[/dice], [dice]3[/dice] + [dice]5[/dice] EE +2 (Elan) = 16 (Success and 3 raises)

Vigor [dice]6[/dice]+[dice]8[/dice], [dice]7[/dice]
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela leans out the window of the Zone Ranger like a dog might and squints into the darkness ahead of them, her cat eyes picking up the features of the cave much more clearly than headlights ever could. Better still, she can smell the flickering scents of dangers in the caves as the wind brings them to her. Occasionally she ducks back into the vehicle to growl instructions to the driver...turn this way, or slow down for the next turn... In this way she helps to guide the team through the treacherous abyss!
Rolls: Survival 7 (1 benny spent, 8 ISP spent), Agility 6
Notice (8 ISP spent, Serious Business) [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort (Elan): [dice]4[/dice]
Agility to avoid fatigue: [dice]2[/dice] or [dice]3[/dice]
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn was very confused. The speech pattern of whoever, or whatever, was now after them was hard to follow. The amount of different enemies (and 'allies' as well) that kept showing up, along with the change in scenery constantly, was also a bit confusing. Dragons were used to things at a bit slower pace being a much longer-lived race than most. Hectic chaos, seemingly-random teleportations, willy-nilly chases, and not having eaten in a while was really starting to throw him for a loop.

But a battle? That was a bit easier to handle. Sometimes just as chaotic, but generally a bit more straightforward - us and them. Focus on the enemy and staying alive, protect your allies when you can, end things as fast as possible usually. He showed a cat-ate-the-canary sort of grin on his feline face as he leaped out of the vehicle. He decided it was time to spread his wings...literally, in fact. He let out a 'yell' of sorts as he shifted forms, starting with a small cat meow and ending in a massive cave-shaking dragon roar.

Then he was out and about among the enemy ranks, breathing fire, swiping with claws. He wasn't invulnerable and scored lines of wounds did rake across his scaled hide. He bared his fangs in anger and pain, but did not let up. He swept back on to his hind legs and beat his large wings to send some of the enemy sprawling before diving back in among them and biting them (a few chunks and pieces may have been 'accidentally' swallowed). He was breathing heavily by the time things started to wind down. But he was not unhappy with being able to loose his frustrations.

He spat out something and shook his head. "I need real food soon. Ooh, and ketchup."
Combat 11 total, 1 Wound and Shaken
Scene Modifier: -4.
Resources Spent: Serious Business (1 Wound) +2.
Twist of Fate: 1EP spent for +4 to roll.

Fighting die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice], Ace die [dice]2[/dice].

Damage to Grynn: [dice]3[/dice] = 9 (Shaken).
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Rod and Commander Kurlimg are lookimg pretty bad. Even though The would be monster Devek is subdued, a way out scouted and hints of a Kreeghor base uncovered, and the legion's of Kreeghor defeated by mystical magic... Even despite all that, Rod and Commander Kurling's fates hang in the balance. Fizz is the only one left that can do any thing about it.
OOC Comments
Rod and Commander Kurling will need Fizz to make one success given the intial GM rules to make it out of these caves alive.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon fed video recap

Choices are presented, each more dangerous than the next
All three sections happen more or less simultaneous, each section takes the narrative even further
--- If you did not take it already, each player got a benny for acheiving 7 successes in each section.
The way out scouted reveals not only a relitivly safe passage, but another one full of danger: a hidden Kreeghor base hidden in the small mountian range south of El Paso. A quick survey of the precarious path reveals demon pee and human sized mining equipment. The captive Kreeghor moans loud, " Kill me?!! I will kill you!! You are just like all the human filth that work for us, puny, weak and worthless!! I will rip out your eye balls little Mystic... I have heard no one can pull the mask of the Apok off, but I will rip your facial flesh in an effort!! Is that an Atlantean? They make such good toothpicks! Haha, an actual Archon? My people have an entire planet of you magic batteries enslaved! You power our most devistating assults!". His eyes catch Vela, and the Kreeghor croaks laughing, " You there she cat! Did they bring you to please me? Elf! I will see you a stain on my foot and a puddle of shivering..." This big pale Kreeghor seems down, but apperently has never seen a dragon and passes out.
Doc Reid feelimg a bit better looks down at the CS troopers bitten by vamps, " Looks like these soldiers will live." His cyber eyes shine in the glinting light of the cavern. He smiles at the wanderer walking away from the junker vehicle known as Old Beast, " See you on the highway Silver." The man Ashlyn saw driving the vehicle tips his silver linned hat, tosses the keys to Ndeare and keeps walking silient and ghost like.
Doc looks at the heroes gathered and in what amounts to an apologetic mechanical voice says, " Well, I'll be Doc Reid if you can beleive that. And if you can well good for you. My stronghold is a few days away, by rover assuming you don't want to get mobbed by a vampire horde. Faster if we go straight there but odds that something bad happens is almost assured. Most recruits Rex leads to us die favoring speed rather than being cautious." He starts for one of the vehicles and looks arround at the walls of the cavern, " Assuming you don't just kill me, and I have no doubt you could, I am sorry for the arena. King Halloway is a fool, but he owns all the mines and caves, possibly... Yeah this place looks bored out, he might even own this one. Well... I got a way to end all the vampires at my stronghold, let me know when you are ready to leave the kid---". His voice trails of catching sight of Grynn and Tera...
Tera Silver Forge is up Tinkering with the p-beam cannon. She seems frantic and mutters, " I am coming for you Taylor, Fraks sake if I am the only one I will get you out." She clacks the cannon and smiles. She looks down at the heroes, " So who is ready to be a fracking hero? Taylor..." She is cut off by a scream coming from the nearby Kreeghor ship, a howling inhuman scream that could only be made by someone in immense pain. After it subsides the grating voice of Ndreare's cousin comes across the barren feild between the Kreehgor cruiser and Cavern.

" Cousin, this man meat is full of surprises, I see now why you travelled with it! I was going to consider a trade, but perhaps she would be doubly pleased with this morsel, you know how her tastes are..."

When Doc mentions leaving the kid, Tera Clicks the P-beam cannon and swivels it towards Doc Reid, she fires it obliterating one of his cyber arms. She seems uncontrollable fueled by the spector of blind rage. Even Grynn's dragon form seem to give her no pause, " You callous bastard! That kid has a fracking name..." She looks at the heroes, " So who is ready to go kill some aliens and find out what they are made of?"

Doc scowls and puts his shades on clutching his cyber stump. " Dwarve! That kid is as good as dead, we are surrounded by legions of vampires, most fools think they are wild and mindless, but they have a supreme master and I have a way to dystroy them once and for all. For us to throw that away for a kid which is being used as a trap is foolish. While hope is with us we need to leave now." Tera charges up the p-beam cannon for another shot at Doc.

The kreehgor captive walks woozily laughing, " What choice to you think you have? The legions will decend upon you from the nearby base. All hope you have is gone!" The CS soldiers and CS psi ops are watching with some small measure of attention to what is going on. But Rod and their cyborg commander seem still on the frittz, as it seems Fizz has disapeared in the melee. Devek is no longer ravaging lunitic but he is quite quiet.
Player directions: this is a RP area alot of stuff going on and folks you can rp with or each other. Debate the choices presented or even other options. Once a clear decision has been reached we will go that way.
  • The choices are Hidden Kreehgor base, kreehgor ship, or leave to Doc Reids stronghold. All three could technically be done at the same time, or even two of them at the same time. However be advised the mosre the party splits the harder anything becomes.
  • I am also fine with an alternate direction...
Rod and Commander kurlimg are still out unless someone wants to repair them. My thought is to have Tera do it assuming someone calms her down.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela lifts an eyebrow at the internecine violence, but it's not so strange perhaps. Even among the People, sometimes there was a struggle for a leader to emerge. It just didn't seem like humans did it that way most of the time.

"If we take the flying thing," she says, "we could use it on the demons' fortress. And it would be a safe place to attack the Dead from as well."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Trading Healing for Repair, Boost Persuasion 11 raise, Persuasion 13, Repair performed by Tera 27 (per GM I am rolling d12+6)
Exalted Boost Trait Persuasion
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Raise +4 die type = d10

Persuasion d10, Charisma +2 = d10+2
Persuasion on Tera [dice]2[/dice]
Persuasion Wild [dice]3[/dice] Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Always the wild die, i could have skipped the whole thing and no bothered boosting trait.

Tera, Legendary Techno-Wizard rolling d12+6 per GM.
Repair [dice]4[/dice]
repair Wild [dice]6[/dice] Ace [dice]7[/dice] Ace Aced [dice]8[/dice] Ace's Ace Aced [dice]9[/dice]
As the stranger tosses him the keys to his ride Ndreare is surprised. "Thank you stranger. I do not know how you found us, but I owe you one."
Picking up Rodney whose condition is not allowing him to fly at full speed Ndreare asks, "Where is Fizz? Was he last in the onslaught?" When no one is able to identify the missing technomage Ndreare starts getting ready to work on Rodney himself. But he is worried he may not be able to complete the repairs correctly. Using the tools from the Beast and from Rodney's own tool set when needed. As he is working the annoyance of the captured enemy is starting to grate, when suddenly someone fires a shot.
Looking at Tera with an annoyance that cannot be seen through his armor fades as his mind finds a use for her Ndreare thinks. Mumbling a few arcane words so subtle with calling he amplifies his natural charisma and charm. Drawing on a possible life he could have had in politics he becomes a natural at working with people. "Reid, I respect you for your skills, but you need to shut up now before she kills you."
Then turning his focus fully on Tera he adds. "I believe we can save him, but we will need all of us to do it. If you could get to work on helping Rodney and then Kurling, i can start formulating a plan for entry and retrieval of him. We want everyone to come out of this alive, and shooting the most skilled vampire hunter on this planet will not help." With that said he maintains awareness of her and an eye to prevent her from shooting anyone else.
Looking at the rest he says. "Why are we keeping the enemy with us? Shoot him in the head so he cannot be converted to a cyborg and we can get out of here. this never pays off and last time it only generated more headache."
Then looking at the hostage he asks in a cold voice. "Do you know anything that should make us spare your life?"

Current Status
Current Status

Current effects:

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 1st Q 2018 Posting rate
    +1 Benny for Joker in Turn 2
    +1 Benny for mistake with Card
    -5 Benny for that stupid Slumber spell in first post of Q
    -1 Benny to Soak Ninja Fricken Vampire
    +1 Benny For Interlude
    -1 Benny for Ndreare to EE above
    +1 Benny for 7 Successes HERE

Rodney Status

Novice: 1d54 (37) [Make removable] = Villanious Verbosity "Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan."
Seasoned: 1d54 (50) [Make removable] = Theme Song "It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words."
Veteran: 1d54 (24) [Make removable] = Inspiration "Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round." - USED
Agreeing to the proposition Tera sets to working on the drone, noticing that it is a design she has seen a thousand time before she is easily able to repair and even improve area were there where mistakes made to save money in mass manufacture.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent listens to the ranting and wailing dispassionately, then shrugs.

"I don't see the issue. We can gut the lizard-man ship and then go kill the earth demons, as well. If your arm and your leg are both infected, you don't choose one or the other to cut off, you subject both to the cleansing flame," the apok says.

He turns to the captive Khreegor.

"As for that one, we can give the same choice as any other: a fast redemption, through death, or a slow and more painful one through continued life. Either way, he can save himself a small measure of pain by offering useful information. Otherwise I may have to start conducting a lesson in reptilian anatomy for the benefit of young Karl, here."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 7
Alertness, Danger Sense
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

“Stop fighting amongst ourselves!” Ashlyn scolded Tera and Doc Reid.

Ndreare got Tera calmed and fixing up Rodney and Kreuger, so Ashlyn turned to the others.

“We are not killing a helpless prisoner. Again,” she told Penitent and Ndreare. “He is all talk, so perhaps I can help him talk.”

Ashlyn turned her attention to the Kreegor.
Mind Reading 4
Psionics [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ashlyn’s mind bored painfully into the alien’s. His mind was a strange, inhuman place, but she soon overcame the mild dislocation.

“What is the best way to get on your ship undetected?” she asked.

Conditions
Dodge: -1 to by hit by ranged attacks
PPE: 13/25
ISP: 15/20
Shield: 6/10 PPE
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna glares lightning at the captured Kreeghor guardsman. "You may have countless Archon held captive. And I may have just slain a whole host of your people in one fell swoop. Mind your insipid tongue, creature, or I shall flay the flesh from your bones, and you will not be able to continue jesting about the enslavement of my people." She points her scepter towards the Kreeghor's head.
"It is strongly recommended that you begin divulging whatever information you have that is pertinent to our present situation, or I shall request Stabby Penitent demonstrate why he is renowned throughout the megaverse as Stabby Penitent." She puzzles for a moment, looking the creature up and down. "He will start with your toes. I will laugh."
She turns to the rest of her allies. "Stabby Penitent is correct. We must eradicate these Kreeghor to the last. It is unwise to leave an angry enemy alive and behind you."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Bennies: 2 (+1 quarter bonus, +1 joker, +1 Pender's oops, -4 for rerolling resist slumber. Really. -1 Reroll Spellcasting, -1 reroll spellcasting Kreeghor dramatic task, +1 massive success on task 2, +1 Big Damn Hero, +1 RP and completing the task/saving the world, -1 EE Agility, -1 EE dispel, -1 reroll damage, +2 Jokers)
Active Effects: Greater Boost Trait - Spellcasting (+2 die types, d12+5); Greater Deflection (-6 to hit, additional -1 to hit ranged)
Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Expanded Awareness, Elan, Marksman (spellcasting), Slow Regeneration, Expert (spellcasting); all damage dealing spells are MD, all mega-versions are +5 AP
Adventure Cards: Cutting In Line - Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Kreeghor of royal blood, flexes snapping whatever bonds may have held him. Quicker than a legged cat he has Devek by the throat, gripping him tightly and using him has a sheild. ” The tonnage of what I know would floor you, haha the human mud bucket called Halloway has all but assured your doom, and that so called Doc... Your plan might have succeeded Reid had your arrogance not blinded you to call for heroes far and wide. How long has it been since you have been to your precious stronghold? I have held the device on my hands twice now. Once when we gave it to the Tolkien fools in he hopes they would destroy all resistance to our coming. A second time very recently whilest covered in the blood of rangers and now we will use it to rid this world of all life and claim it for our selves!..”
Ndeare
You know such a device exists, the size of a basketball and it has two remote detonators. It’s exact scientific processes was a closely guarded secret known only to a handful of Royal Kreeghors. You however witnessed its power on one occasion. It wiped out intelegent life on a planet of billions in a matter of moments. Only a few are known to exist.
Doc pulls out his own six shooter and a few vibro blades, ” What did you do to my people you pale skinned bastard, do you think a damn pi-stalker will be enough to stop me!?”

The Kreeghor lessens it’s grip on Devek as its mind is locked is combat with Ashlyn. The Kreeghor turns his eerie attention to Ashlyn, ” The Reign of death is impregnable say for its exhaust ports during an emergency shutdown. It’s not like you can wear my skin. Hahha. But what time do you think you have little human? The countdown to your worlds destruction has been initiated, I was bid to ensure the Elf survives for the queen... She will be sad for 3 seconds and it was a pain I wished to spare her. Will you save the boy and see your world burn, or will you save the world and let the boy die?” The Kreeghor eyes glint as he looks at the Elf Ndreare, ” Subdue the Elf now, set me free and I will give you permission to board our ship, you need not to suffer the same type of destruction as the rest of your pathetic planet is destined for.”

Reid seems to take a step back, shaken by the news. He thinks aloud in a quiet voice,” It’s was an alien device all this time? What if we had accidentally triggered it, or triggered it with out the right configuration...”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 3 Critical Fail
Alertness, Danger Sense
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

“Do not underestimate our abilities, alien,” Ashlyn warned the Kreegor. “We are more capable than you think. Where are the boy and the bomb?”
Mind Reading 5
Psionics [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
She returned to consult with the others. “We cannot leave boy to die. If we must, we will have to split party to achieve both.”

Conditions
ISP: 12/20
Adventure Cards
  • Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn listened with a raised eyeridge at the alien's blustering and insults. He took note that the alien did not insult him personally and seemed to falter at the sight of him. That pleased Grynn and made his mouth turn in to his namesake. But things turned more serious soon after. A boy was missing....but worse than that, all life on the planet was in danger?? He shook his head.

"I admire your desire to save the boy. I will go after the bomb. One life is precious, but all life on the planet is a very grave stake indeed."
Notice CritFail
Notice die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice].
Grynn
Character Summary
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:

Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:

Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare sticks to his work and does not interrupt the debate until the work is completed on Rodney and Kulring. While he thinks stopping the bomb is the most important mission, he does not want the insane TW to think there is any risk of her loved one being abandoned.
Notice 20, Detect Arcana, and Common Knowledge 4
+2 with Sight, Body armor has optics package ignores 2 points of sight penalties.
Notice [dice]0[/dice] + Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Detect Arcana at Will (No Roll Required)

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Once the repairs are completed on Rodney and Kulring Ndreare thinks and then proposes and idea. "I think Rodney and myself can get into the shuttle and take care of what needs done. The risk of failure is too high and the remainder of the team should try and stop the bomb from going off.
"If we decide that I should go with the main party I think Penetent, Lucianna, and Kryssia combined may match my skill. Though it is questionable, it would also leave far fewer of us on the primary task of stopping the bomb. Which must be our primary goal."

Looking at Tera he adds. "Whichever teams goes Tera must be opposite Rodney and I as Rodney and Tera are the two most skilled in technology and one of them must be included in each team."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Notice 3, Spellcasting 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice],[dice]1[/dice]
Spellcasting [dice]2[/dice], [dice]3[/dice]
Krys stands impassive through most of this, leaning on her staff, simply taking everything in. She unslings the shotgun and hands it to Tera. "Thank you for the loan. It works beautifully." It is obviously well cared for, cleaned meticulously after every encounter. As the team reaches their decision point, she looks to Ashlyn with a questioning look. "Did you get any codes you might need to disarm the device from him?" She allows a moment so that she can try again, if need be.

[insert Ashlyn's new interrogation attempt here]

Once done, she looks at the creature. "Royal Kreeghor, former slaves of the Splugorth who upon escaping that slavery became every bit as brutal as their former masters. It's sad really. Just like your attempt to use Devek is sad. You are surrounded, backed into a corner like an animal, and you still think you have the upper hand. Some way to escape. Well I will give you that creature. Truly. You have given us what we need, and now you may escape our clutches. I'll teleport you myself." She waves the staff a bit and lightning flies from it to strike the Kreeghor. Then it flies to a nearby wall of rock. He materializes half in it, half out, his hands still in the pose of holding Devek, though the Psi-stalker is no longer in his grasp. "You are free now monster, and so are all those you have tormented, free of your filth and presence." The creature's last sight is of solid rock - from the inside.

"I'll help with the base."
Quick Stats
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Current Status
Current Status

Current effects:

• +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Benny For Interlude

Rodney Status

Novice: 1d54 (37) [Make removable] = Villanious Verbosity "Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan." - Used last week of Q1 2018 vetoed by GM and repaid with Bennies
As he is making his arguments and listening to Kryss' speech Ndreare spots a small group of three Kreeghor assassins sneaking in. He expected them, but normally they would wait a little longer. Their leader must be feeling pressure to send them ahead of schedule.
With the mental speed most men could not possibly understand Ndreare spun on them, swinging his rifle into position and release three quick burst. While saying over his radio. "Assassins south, southwest."
The three round easily hit the warriors, freezing them so rapidly it ruptures many interior vessels and organs, killing them instantly.
All shots hit the enemy
Shooting [dice]0[/dice] + Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Shooting [dice]1[/dice]
Shooting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Shooting [dice]3[/dice]
As their bodies fell to the ground Ndreare called to Rodney over their dedicated channel. "Did i miss any, why did you not see them?"
Rodney answer returns a bit slow. "My systems where just re calibrating. I took a lot of damage and after that brute of a woman fixed me, thing needed testing." the robot unwilling to accept any failure of his own. then scanning around he adds. "I see no others in the vicinity, however the geometry of these caves greatly limit my perceptive ranges and accuracy."
GM Edit: Rodney continues perhaps a little surprised, " I have detected some new programming and hardware, Battle Mode... Indeed I am now fully functional perhaps more so than you master."
Battle Mode
Engaged by taking no other actions during your turn: +4 toughness, +2 shooting, rock and roll edge, cannot use skills or edges that require finesse or high level cognitive abilities while so engaged, think Berserk. Also comes with a mounted NG-E15 Pulse Plasma Ejector.
Range: 30/60/120
Damage: 3d10, AP —
RoF: 3
Shots: 27
Weight: 17lbs (2 minor mods)
MD
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn looked very surprised indeed when the Atlantean woman decisively ended the attempts at conversation and interrogation both with the Kreeghor person. Teleported in to a wall? Yech. Not a pleasant way to die. He shook his head slightly. It was not his call, though he thought it might anger Ashlynn.

He not only did not notice the four assassins that crept up on them until after Ndreare had dispatched three of them, he failed to feel anything when the fourth one placed something on Grynn's back. It was small and potentially very hard to spot, unless one was looking for it. What did the mysterious device do? Who knew, only time would tell. The fourth assassin then leapt at Ndreare, weapon blazing, surprising Grynn yet again as he slowly turned to see what was so loud so close to his ear.
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Penitent

Post by Penitent »

"Very well, mage, you may rescue the boy. The rest of us will stalk Khreegor and remove this Armageddon weapon," Penitent says. "May we all find ways to carry the Light and sacrifice for the greater good."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 7
Alertness, Danger Sense
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Ashlyn gasped as Krysessia teleported the Kreegor into the wall.

“I was not done with him yet!” she exclaimed. “Devek, are you alright? Do you need to feed? We can give you a little, but we need our power for these missions.”

Ashlyn looked to the others. “I will go after boy. I must atone for that.” She pointed to the half-body of the alien inside the wall.

Conditions
Adventure Cards
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

As the fourth assassin springs towards Ndreare it is unable to close any distance before a hole forms in its forehead and Rodney speaks up on their private channel. "You will need to start paying attention if you expect to get out of this Kreeghor situation alive Ndreare. These are not just flocks of mindless vampires."
Only glancing at the drone Ndreare chooses no to acknowledge its comments, only nodding in general to the situation. "Rodney go into stealth mode and do a full scan and tell us if there are any other trouble makers."
Out loud to the group Ndreare walks over to examine the bodies of the assassins. He was unsurprised to see they had some very high quality gear on them. Selecting the gear he thinks he will be able to use he over hears Ashlyn. "If you feel you must, then you and Tera can go. But we need to focus our resources on the base and not risk the lives of a whole planet for one boy and a little vengeance against my former fiance."
Current Status
Current Status

Current effects:

• +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Benny For Interlude

Rodney Status

Novice: 1d54 (37) [Make removable] = Villanious Verbosity "Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan." - Used last week of Q1 2018 vetoed by GM and repaid with Bennies
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

From within the solid rock, through a seam, the Royal Kreeghors lasts words come gurggling out, ” You will rue the day you hurt Mansvin! May this haunt your waking moments as your world burns... To... Saftey disable... The device you must...” The Kreeghor laughs from within the rock his final chortle, jerks and is still for quite possibly the last time.

Karl comes over and pees on the Kreeghor a small sizzle wear the pee meets the Kreeghor’s scale is heard as he melts part of the aliens leg. Karl yelps with glee, ” Look at that papa! I am growing up! I can write your names on his scales!”

Tera Silverforge snaps the crome plating of the cs commanders head back on and the commander comes back to life! The commander approaches Ashlyn, ” My auditory function were the only thing still working. Thank you for saving my men’s lives. We will come with you. The boy seemed Human enough, and no human will be left behind.” The CS special force soldiers, 5 of them, plus their psi-ops mind melter snap too grabbing their gear from the zone. ” Sir, yes Sir!”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

OOC: Please note the pause in my previous post.

Krys looks at Ashlyn like she must be mad when she talks about atoning. "You do realize he was a hairs breadth from crushing the psi-stalker's spine as he smashed it against us right? Or that he and his kind are no better than their Splugorth mentors. Do you feel responsibility for crushing a scourge to these lands? He was no prisoner. One does not hold a hostage and still be called a prisoner. I understand your need to see the light in all, but there are some who are simply beyond help. Save the ones you can, don't focus on saving every enemy of life. I promise you, that creature would have enslaved you for the rest of your life, if he let you live, given half a chance. And the things he would do to you would pale in comparison to almost anything you could imagine. Compassion is beneficial, but don't mistake justice as cruelty. Now I believe we have a young man to save and a bomb to disable. Shall we?"
Quick Stats
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare looks at Krys as she tries to reason with the priestess. Leaning towards her he says discreetly. "You cannot reason with faith Atlantean. Their gods consume their minds and fog our reason. other than your passions, you and I see eye to eye on most matters. But this is one argument that only wastes your calories."
The words softly spoken are enough he returns to sorting through the gear and cleaning what needs cleaning.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

:?
Ndreare wrote:Ndreare looks at Krys as she tries to reason with the priestess. Leaning towards her he says discreetly. "You cannot reason with faith Atlantean. Their gods consume their minds and fog our reason. other than your passions, you and I see eye to eye on most matters. But this is one argument that only wastes your calories."
The words softly spoken are enough he returns to sorting through the gear and cleaning what needs cleaning.
The gear Ndeare is sorting through is wonderful as it is chilling with regards to what could have happened had these assassins made it past his keen eye. It’s like a patron or perhaps great queen of the megaverse had supplied these densiens of the dark.
Patron items
There they are, a bit grimy, but still serviceable
Ndreare
Something is nagging you, if phase 1 was send in the legions, phase 2 was assassins, phase 3 should be coming soon... The question is do you have enough time to prepare your companions so they do not loose their lives?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 6
Alertness, Danger Sense
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

"Did you get any codes you might need to disarm the device from him?" Krysessia asked.

“No, he did not have them,” Ashlyn said with a frown.

"You do realize he was a hair's breadth from crushing the psi-stalker's spine as he smashed it against us right? Or that he and his kind are no better than their Splugorth mentors? Do you feel responsibility for crushing a scourge to these lands? He was no prisoner. One does not hold a hostage and still be called a prisoner. I understand your need to see the light in all, but there are some who are simply beyond help. Save the ones you can, don't focus on saving every enemy of life. I promise you, that creature would have enslaved you for the rest of your life, if he let you live, given half a chance. And the things he would do to you would pale in comparison to almost anything you could imagine. Compassion is beneficial, but don't mistake justice as cruelty,” Krysessia scolded Ashlyn.

Ashlyn shook her head sadly. “I know he was a threat. But things could have been resolved without such bloodshed. But it is done,” Ashlyn said sadly.

”My auditory function were the only thing still working. Thank you for saving my men’s lives. We will come with you. The boy seemed human enough, and no human will be left behind,” the CS borg leader said.

“I thank you and your men,” Ashlyn said, offering the massive man-machine her hand. “I am glad we can work together.” She looked over to Tera Silverforge. “I am sorry we put you and Taylor Thomas into this situation,” she told the techno-wizard. “If you can think of a way to initiate an emergency shutdown of the Kreeghor ship so we can get in through the exhaust ports, that would be helpful. Otherwise,” she paused. “I saw this ancient movie once. We may have to pull a...Wookie. I am not sure that would work with all of us.”

Ashlyn looked through the items that were found on the Kreeghor assassins. She tugged an armored overcoat off of one. It had several pockets and hooks inside for easy access to small items. It fit, so she shrugged it on over her armor. It looked pretty badass.

“We will rendezvous with you when we have the boy then,” Ashlyn told the others. “Hopefully we will be quick, and able to come and help you with the device.” There was a sadness in her tone. She knew she things might go terribly wrong, and that she might never see them again. But she could not leave the boy to such a fate.

Conditions
Adventure Cards
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare looks at the wall where the royal was teleported and shakes his head. Looking around to everyone else he says. "We do not have much time, while that teleport tricks slowed him down, that royal will be reconstructing himself as we speak. The pressure from the rocks will only restrain his regeneration for so long and I expect we have about 6 more minutes before he bursts out.
So lets decide what we are doing and get to it."

Walking over to check on the status of the creatures inhibited regeneration Ndreare nods to himself confirming the results. "Soon they will be sending down teams with plasma throwers to purge the tunnels and anyone left alive after the assassins killed the most competent members of the team. We may not want to be here, the robots they use for the task are very efficient."
looking around Ndreare gathers as much information as he can and activates his recorder. The coming actions may have intelligence he can review in the future.
Notice 18/20 w/sight ignores 2 points of penalties, Detect Arcana 15, and Common Knowledge 11
Notice [dice]0[/dice] + Ace (again) [dice]8[/dice]

Detect Arcana at Will (No Roll Required)
Spirit [dice]2[/dice] Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Spirit Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]4[/dice]
Smarts Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

Returning from his sweep Rodney speaks aloud. "No other teams close Sir. While the paths leading to the base have several guard stations, I found one that has a 72% chance of being unnoticed by the Kreeghor. We may be able to surprise them, if your infiltration teams is competent at stealth."
Notice 11
Rodney Notice [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna marvels at the speed with which the kreeghor broke his bonds. She was also impressed with the cold efficiency with which Krysesia transported the villain into the solid rock wall. "Would that I had been the one to end that foul creature. Regardless. While the fate of the boy is meaningful, all meaning will be lost if this device is triggered. We must recover it quickly. And we should do that soon." As she steps over the body of one of the kreeghor assassins, she notices a mostly intact prize. "I see some utility in this. I am taking it." She stoops down and removes the bit of gear from the dead creature, attaching it to herself. "Yes. This will be useful."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”