View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 am



Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ] 
 Day 1: "Hotter'n a hell hound's hemorrhoids" 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 135
Reply with quote
Image

"It's hotter'n a hell hound's hemorrhoids out there and it ain't even 9 o'clock yet!"

Old Travis clomps across the wooden floor of the Sidewinder Saloon, weaving through the sparsely-occupied tables toward the bar. Once there, he slaps the still-twitching carcass of a good-sized rattlesnake down on the counter and sets his faded hat next to it.

"That there bastard tried to take a bite outta me as I was checking the pneumatics over behind Paradise Alley. Lucky me he went for the metal leg and done knocked hisself out. Why don't you fry him up for me with a mess of them eggs, Stella? And don't worry about cutting out the venom sacs - I gotta doohickey in my guts that'll take care of that, and I like the extra spice."

Stella merely smiles like the saint she is and slides Travis a mug of ice-cold water and another of hot coffee. Both steam in the air of the saloon, which is filled with alternating blasts of furnace-hot air from outside and the arctic breeze blowing from the rattling refrigeration unit the saloon's owner, Baz, has converted into an air conditioner of sorts. Startlingly inefficient, it gets the job done. And with the nuclear reactor salvaged from an old power armor suit providing the juice, the power draw is negligible.

The saloon is about half full with an eclectic mix of customers this morning, most of them regulars.

At a corner table, Orrin Truthseeker has called together the four members of the Tomorrow Legion's 18th COT -- along with their most recent recruit,the blue-skinned mutant Severianna -- for a meeting.

Two other regulars, the Fennodi holy man Rill and the mysterious man-about-town Jasco, sit nearby, both within earshot of the 18th's table (a fact that, while easily overlooked, is entirely by design).

Orrin looks troubled. He's been placed in command of the 18th's efforts here in Black Mesa, and things haven't been going so well. The Black Market has rebuffed the Legion's advances so far, and any sort of alliance seems unlikely in the short term. The other locals have been equally cool, most too preoccupied with the local politics and power games to show any interest for the conflicts back east.

Orrin had been dreading making his most recent report. But when the courier showed up, his fears were quickly replaced by curiosity and a different sort of apprehension, as it appears the 18th finally has a job.

Incoming assignment for your group, the message read, once Orrin had deciphered it using the codebook he'd carried from Castle Refuge. An old ally of Legion command has requested assistance. Contact, known as Keegan, is a veteran Cyber-Knight with experience in Tolkeen. He seeks Legion aid to the west of your position. Objective is protection of D-Bee village that is possible future ally. Opposition is Pecos raiders, unknown number and strength. Your COT and the allies you have recruited are to follow Keegan's order as you would a senior Legion officer. ETA for his arrival in Black Mesa is 19:00 hours, 7/15/109. Good luck.

That's two and a half days from now. And at present, the 18th's list of allies -- not counting a friendly bartender -- is pretty slim.


Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Notice 8 Common Knowledge 4
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild Notice 1d6 (6)
Ace Wild Notice 1d6 (2)

Common Knowledge 1d6+1 = 4 (3)
Wild CK 1d6+1 = 4 (3)


As Orrin gives the COT the run-down, Sir Blurre considers their situation impassively. Finally, he clears his throat. "Pecos bandits? That could mean anything from humans on foot looking for survival rations before they starve, to simvan on unicorns, out on a murderous rampage. At least with the First Apocalyptic, you know what you're going to get--xenophobic humans who need... correction." He frowns, and glances to the bar--or perhaps more accurately, to the mirror behind the bar.

"Maybe, Orrin, what we need to do is reconsider our approach for a bit. Institutions--even those of loose structure, like the Black Market--are often hard to move without already having an in." He gives a slight self-deprecating nod. "I fear that, while I'm from this area, between my time on the road and then with the Legion, I'm no longer considered a 'true local'. Perhaps what we should do, before heading out, is concentrate on securing some more local flavor, as it were. Recruit a couple local--persons of strong heart and sharp mind--as... civilian consultants, perhaps. Give us a way to communicate with the local element."

Oh, and lookie there... in the room, there's Jasco, perhaps the sharpest mind in town, and who would doubt the strength of a Mystic's heart....?

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:26 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Notice 3, CK 6 or 8
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (2)

Common Knowledge 1d10+2 = 6 (4) additional +2 if about People & Places in NA
Wild CK 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Orrin winces as the Travis slapped the rattlesnake on the bar.

If the snake tried to bite you, that just means you were too dumb to heed the warning it gave Travis.

Snakes never attacked creatures larger than themselves except in self defence, and rattler’s always give plenty of warning before you got too close. Though he was tempted, Orrin knew it was useless to press the point. He’d got in more than one dispute with the locals over their superstitions and mistaken assumption about the local wildlife, and it never seemed to end well. Now that he knew the town saw him as a stuck-up know-it-all who wanted to dictate how they should and shouldn’t live their lives, he was going to have to learn to let these things go. Otherwise his team would never be able to sway any of the Black Mesa populace.

Orrin pulled the letter he had gotten from legion command as Stella refilled his glass. She gave him an apologetic smile as she glanced back toward Travis and the bar. She had always been sympathetic to his eccentrities about the wildlife, even when she didn’t share his concerns for the poor creatures.

“We’ve got news from the legion,” Orrins says, unfolding the paper and looking around the table at his diverse, if small, team, “and this is change things a bit.”

Orrin went over the details of the mission with the group, and then gave each of the team a few minutes to throw around their thoughts. He wasn’t the most persuasive leader in the legion, but if there was one aspect of leadership he was good at, it was taking council from those around him, and rolling with good ideas no matter where they came from.

While the others spoke their minds, Orrin tried to recollect what he could about D-Bee villages to the west of Black Mesa. He was shaken from his thoughts by Sir Blurre speaking.

Sir Blurre wrote:
"I fear that, while I'm from this area, between my time on the road and then with the Legion, I'm no longer considered a 'true local'. Perhaps what we should do, before heading out, is concentrate on securing some more local flavor, as it were. Recruit a couple local--persons of strong heart and sharp mind--as... civilian consultants, perhaps. Give us a way to communicate with the local element."


"No Blurr, your connections to the locals have been very useful for getting our feet in quite a few doors." Orrin says, smiling at the knight "I just havent been able to capatalize on those opportunities you've given us. I think you are right about needing to try something different, but I can't think of anyone thats shown any interest in the Legion other than the local drunks looking to make some more beer money. I'm not sure who else we could turn to in this town that isnt already tangled up in the black market heirarchy or one of the various quasi political religious factions."

Orrin tips back the rest of his drink and and looks to across the table at each of the members, and open invitation to share any fresh ideas.

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Notice 11, CK 5
Notice 1d6 (6)
Ace Notice with prior result: 1d6+6 = 11 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)

Common Knowledge 1d10 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 (1)

Jack winks at Stella as she refills Orrin's glass. He returns his focus to the discussion at hand, stretched out in his chair, hat pulled low on his head...but his eyes are always scanning. He's been at enough card tables to know to watch who's nearby and who's not too nearby. With talk turning to a new assignment, his eyes perk up a little. "Ah believe our list of recruits is slimmer'n a starved snake an' not half as long. Ah reckon findin' somebody ta ride out with us ain't likely unless we maybe...find a finder...considerin' our luck lately. Ah ain't on Cobb's good list right now, an' most folk don't take ta Orrin as well as they oughta. Blurre's right. Let's get us a different face. One they know. Maybe let me do the talkin', Orrin, in case they don't go fer yer pitch right off."
He settles back into his chair, reaching for the glass in front of him. "Or ah reckon we can just ask Heaven fer a little help. Maybe they got a few angels for rent." He shifts lightning fast glances at Rill and Jasco, gauging whether his plan was spoken loudly enough for them to hear. He returns his focus to the table.
"Couple days. Reckon ah can make that hold 'em game tomorrow night 'fore we ride out."

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 8 Raise
Notice 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Ace 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Common Knowledge 8 Raise
Smarts 1d10 (3)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (2)


***

Kim’s pink, star-spangled backpack sat on the floor between her feet, carefully in contact at all times so she knew where it was. She had gotten a local poncho to cover up her combat mage armor a bit, but it was hard to hide it. As the youngest of the group, Kim felt a lot of pressure to prove herself, to succeed. Of course, she tended to always feel that way. Her father was the Shadow, after all, one of the heroes of Tolkeen.

Kim looked at the others around the table, the rest of her team. Orin was pulling out a letter of some kind. He was the team leader. A bit awkward, but he was kind of cute, and smart. She liked smart. They often stayed up late talking magic, which they both shared, though he was a ley line walker and she a techno-wizard.

Then there was Sir Blurre, the quickflex cyber-knight. Kim was only here because of him. He had saved the lives of her and a bunch of other women and children when they were separated from the rest of the refugees from their band from Tolkeen Kim had had a laser pistol in her face when the cyber-knight had dropped into the center of the group, slicing through the enemy in a blur.

Beside Kim was Severiana, the strange blue-skinned mutant Kim had found out in the brush outside of town. She was a couple years older than Kim, but infinitely more naive to the world. Kim, at least had survived Tolkeen. The techno-wizard prodigy gave Sev a reassuring smile.

And then her gaze fell on Jack, and she flushed slightly. She tried to cover it by picking up her bottle of sarsaparilla for a drink, but it was empty. Jack was handsome as all get out, with that chiseled jaw and those come hither eyes. Kim caught herself sighing dreamily and mentally kicked herself. Act like an adult! She looked worriedly down at the pink backpack between her legs. So much for adult. She wondered if Jack would like the new dress Stella and Widow O’Brien had gotten her.

Stella came around with drinks and set another bottle of sarsaparilla down in front of Kim. The teen caught Stella’s attention and pulled her down. “Um...maybe...can I get something...harder?” she asked quietly. “Like...I don’t know...tequila?” Her friend Sierra had introduced Kim to tequila before she had left, but they had been interrupted and Sierra hadn’t had a chance to explain body shots to Kim.

Stella chuckled. “I’ll see what I can do.”

Kim sat listening to Orrin read the letter. Looked like they were going for a trip out of town.

Stella returned and set a large mug of dark beer in front of Kim. Her eyes opened a bit wider, but she looked up at Stella. “Thanks.” She wrapped her hands around the mug and tried to look as adult as she could as she took a sip. She ended up inhaling suds and coughing, nearly spewing all over the table. She looked with chagrin over to Jack.

“Sorry. Wrong pipe,” Kim muttered. Why couldn’t she invent a device to open the floor up to swallow her and close it over her?

Well, she could, she guessed.

“Sir Blurre, do you know this Keegan guy?” Kim asked, trying to cover her faux pas with mission talk. “I mean, he’s a cyber-knight and all.” She took another -- more careful -- sip from her mug, her eyes looking over it at the quickflex as she drank. It was bitter and strong, but she managed to keep from coughing too much.

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 10, CK 7
Rolls:
    Notice: 1d8+2 = 8 (6) (includes bonus for Awareness), additional +2 for visual, if applicable
    Notice Wild: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
    Common Knowledge: 1d8+2 = 7 (5) (includes +2 bonus from HJ)
    Common Knowledge Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Jack Bullet Jones wrote:
He settles back into his chair, reaching for the glass in front of him. "Or ah reckon we can just ask Heaven fer a little help. Maybe they got a few angels for rent." He shifts lightning fast glances at Rill and Jasco, gauging whether his plan was spoken loudly enough for them to hear. He returns his focus to the table.


Rill smiles a little smile into his glass. He has run into Jack a time or two before, and the man is a ruffian, to be sure, but Rill finds that he likes the gambler in spite of himself. Jack is a cheat, but he’s honest about it in his own way, and Rill can respect honesty.

Rill stands and walks over to the group. ”Excuse me, but I couldn’t help but overhear that there are bandits afoot. And by that, of course, I mean that I could not help it if I tried.” He gives Jack a slight nod. ”Jack, as ever, your subtlety is... understated.”

Rill looks at the others and says, ”Of course, if you need aid in providing relief to the beleaguered, you need only ask.’

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Jack continues listening to the discussions. His stone poker face almost broke when Kim choked on the beer. He leaned forward and offered his handkerchief with a polite smile. "Ya got a little on your chin, darlin'."
Don't mess where ya eat, Jack. Don't do it. That looks like somethin' Stella would wear off the clock...NO. Head in the game. Jack had a strict rule about mingling business with pleasure within a group like this. Well, more like a strongly worded guideline...or maybe a general suggestion, depending on the circumstance. The gambler's eyes don't miss many tells, though, and Kim might as well be playing with her cards face up.

He leans back into his chair and watches Rill's approach. Got 'em. He sits up a little straighter and tips his hat, resetting it a little higher on his brow. "Rill, ah apologize. Ah didn't know you were there. Ah sure didn't mean ta disturb yer breakfast. Guess ah let m'self get a little too loud when ah'm talkin' about thrillin' heroics." He turns his glance towards Orrin. "Orrin, this is Rill Lightwalker. A fella of particular talents, so ah hear." He smiles back at Rill. "Pull up a chair, if ya like."

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
(Rolls Held: Notice 10, Common Knowledge 7)

Jack Bullet Jones wrote:
He leans back into his chair and watches Rill's approach. Got 'em. He sits up a little straighter and tips his hat, resetting it a little higher on his brow. "Rill, ah apologize. Ah didn't know you were there. Ah sure didn't mean ta disturb yer breakfast. Guess ah let m'self get a little too loud when ah'm talkin' about thrillin' heroics." He turns his glance towards Orrin. "Orrin, this is Rill Lightwalker. A fella of particular talents, so ah hear." He smiles back at Rill. "Pull up a chair, if ya like."


”Gladly, Jack. But,” he says raising a finger, ”I’m still not blessing your card deck, so don’t ask.”

Rill pulls up a chair and nods to Sir Blurre, who he has seen around town, and addresses the rest of the group ”I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I’ve heard good things about what the Tomorrow Legion is doing back east, and I must say I have been intrigued by your being here in Black Mesa. As Jack says, my name is Rill Lightwalker, for those of you I have not yet met.”

“Now, what is this about a village and a cyber-knight in duress?”

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:06 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice 5,7,7 CK 3
Notice 1d6 (5) +2 for sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes) & +2 for rolls that relate to traps and similar devices (Larceny)
Wild Die 1d6 (3)

Common Knowledge 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)


Severianna had been to a few of these 'meetings'. Kim was always telling her about them and she would show up with her and follow along. The Humans would do most of the talking, which made sense to Sev. The Human males did most of the talking in Lone Star. So that seemed normal to her. Not much was normal these days. She felt glad she had met Kim. It was obvious Kim was a little younger than her, but she was more like an older sister, telling her about this and that, explaining things that didn't make sense and there where many things that didn't. They developed a little of an unspoken language already. Sev would scrunch her face at Kim and Kim would lean in and explain some cultural reference that still didn't help in anyway, but Sev nodded and gave her the, 'awe okay' look.

Sev smiled back at Kim and sat listening to all the conversation. They kept mentioning something called a COT,a place called Castle Refuge and something called The Legion, and even though Kim had explained those things before, she sometimes forgot. Her mind is still occupied trying to put together all the sights and sounds of the world around her. Still always asking questions in her head about, why did this happen, what would have happened if those portals didn't take her out of that facility? The world really is so much bigger than she ever thought. SO much bigger. And Kim said there where other worlds on top of that? And this world is just a ball floating in a thing called space? It was so much to digest and contemplate.

People drank a lot of different things in this town. Sev stuck to the sweet sarsaparilla that Kim introduced her to. It suited her. She tried a sip of whiskey once, it was okay, but she was fine sticking with the 'little kid drinks' for now. When Kim ordered something stronger Sev looked at her with open eyes and a bit of surprise. "You're looking for the adventure today I guess." She smiled at her in a playful manner, and at herself for thinking she made an appropriate and humorous comment. She looked back at Kim hoping that it was indeed that. She didn't speak much to anyone but Kim during the meetings.

Orrin spoke more than the others so Sev tried to listen when he had something to say. She was very curious to learn what she could. After all this place did have some fun in it. She looked forward to using her skills in a real time environment. It was fun to sit at the tables and listen to people speak about this and that. She felt important to be included and part of the group. But Severianna was a creature of action, and she was starting to really miss her combat simulations and her acrobatic physical workouts. She did her best to 'practice' at places she found outside of town. She was still getting used to her forearm implants, they where a relatively new weapon she hadn't been able to really work out. It seems like they want to go somewhere? I guess it makes sense to have meetings in different places and to travel to another bar to do it. Sev shrugs in no one in general and thinks to her self. I wonder how we'll get there. And then her mind wanders to the piloting simulations she used to do daily. She missed them. I wonder how different it is to drive and pilot a real vehicle?

_________________
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Boom! Head Shot - You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Let's Settle This - Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
  • Noble Sacrifice - Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead. (Patron Adventure Deck)

Image


Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:23 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 am
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Notice 6, CK 2
Rolls:
    Notice: 1d8 (6)
    Notice Wild: 1d6 (3)
    Common Knowledge: 1d10 (2)
    Common Knowledge Wild: 1d6 (2)

As the 18th COT gather to meet at the corner table of the Sidewinder, Jasco can't help but notice their recruitment of some manner of blue-skinned mutant. Trying not to stare, he seems to busy himself with the very important task of combing the bowl of nuts in front of him for errant pecans, but instead silently processes what he knows.

That makes five. A blue-skinned mutant that carries itself like a skilled melee combatant, a young techno-wizard, a handsome gunslinger, a quick-flex cyberknight, led by a traditional ley line walker. They certainly have the makings of a crew that can punch above their weight in combat. And therein lies a clue into their difficulties. Their primary objective: community outreach to the sun-crusted people of Black Mesa. Most of these people live hard lives and have no need for outsiders that will mess things up by sticking their nose in places. Not, unless, you can prove to them that you belong.

Victorious in his hunt, Jasco leans back in his chair with the pecan pinched between his thumb and index finger. Holding it up, he closes one eye and peers at the contours of the nut with unnatural intensity. As if it were a public forum, Orrin's voice carries to Jasco's position with little difficulty. The broker thoughtfully chews on the singular nut while listening to Orrin's telling of the 18th's new mission.

Cyberknight Keegan requesting assistance to protect a nearby D-bee village from Pecos Raiders. Jasco nods slightly at the notion. That is a good mission for this group. And if they succeed, could very well be the inroad they need to endear themselves to the community. Begin building the legend of helping the downtrodden.

Jasco flags Stella down and asks for another bowl of nuts. While she is off fetching the nuts, the information broker busies himself writing a brief note on a small piece of paper while continuing to listen in.

Sir Blurre wrote:
Recruit a couple local--persons of strong heart and sharp mind--as... civilian consultants, perhaps. Give us a way to communicate with the local element."

Orrin Truthseeker wrote:
"No Blurr, your connections to the locals have been very useful for getting our feet in quite a few doors." Orrin says, smiling at the knight "I just havent been able to capatalize on those opportunities you've given us. I think you are right about needing to try something different, but I can't think of anyone thats shown any interest in the Legion other than the local drunks looking to make some more beer money. I'm not sure who else we could turn to in this town that isnt already tangled up in the black market heirarchy or one of the various quasi political religious factions."

Sir Blurre's intuitive solution and Orrin's frustration brings a slight smile to Jasco's face. Orrin's right. The Market here IS a tangled mess. And faith preys on the ignorant to convert to power this far West. Shrewd observations.

Jack Bullet Jones wrote:
"Or ah reckon we can just ask Heaven fer a little help. Maybe they got a few angels for rent." He shifts lightning fast glances at Rill and Jasco, gauging whether his plan was spoken loudly enough for them to hear. He returns his focus to the table.

It takes everything within Jasco's iron will to keep himself from busting into a 'Ha!' in response to the gunslinger's innuendo. He finds himself smiling again as the strain dissipates when Rill decides to take Jack up on his offer. And now a Fennodi mystic. Jasco notes, clearly amused at the development. If this crew is going to take on an unknown force of Pecos raiders... I should join them. The timing works out as my other investments need some time to percolate. It would be an opportunity to witness the combat capabilities of this group in action. And also to expand my network into new territory.

When Stella returns with a fresh bowl of nuts, Jasco gingerly pulls her aside and hands her the note. He jerks his head toward the corner table where the 18th COT are gathered and says softly, "I'd like to buy them a large platter of fried stuffed mushrooms. And kindly deliver this note for me? Thank you Stella."

The Note wrote:
Every day, we face obstacles filled with incomplete information.

May these stuffed mushrooms grant you the insight you need to overcome the challenges that lie ahead.

If'n the mushrooms ain't doin' it for ya, feel free to flag me over.

-Jasco

_________________
Jasco: Human Information Broker [18th COT New West] | SR EP Ledger
Quick Stats
Human, MARS PCO: Information Broker
Bennies: 3/3
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (1dX); Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (3)
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Bad Eyes, Loyal
Notice d8, Common Knowledge d10, Persuasion d8+4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Killer Instinct (Wins tied opposed rolls, may reroll opposed skill die if it comes up a “1”), Command (+1 to troops recovering from being Shaken), Leader of Men (Roll a d10 as the Wild Die for subordinates’ group rolls), Tactician (Make a Knowledge (Battle) roll at the beginning of a fight to get an Action Card per success and raise; these may be given to any allies throughout the course of the battle), Robot Armor Jock (No -2 penalty while piloting robot armor.)
ISP: 20/20
Powers (all Mega): Speak Language with Splendor trapping (+2 to Charisma while the power is in effect, and on a Raise, a +1 die-type to Persuasion.); Telepathy with Shroud trapping ((message recipient) -1 to be hit by ranged attacks); Intangibility with Jazz trapping (+2 pace and on a raise, increase Agility one die type for duration of power.)
Adventure cards:
  • 7: Not Today - Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • 47: Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • 50: Theme Song - It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.


Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:03 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Common Knowledge 2 Fail
Smarts 1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***

Kim flushed when Jack handed her a handkerchief after her mishap with the beer. God, so embarrassing! Oh, should she be swearing in her head with the holy man around? Well, Ashlyn didn’t tend to catch her, and she was psychic.

“Thank you,” Kim murmured to Jack, wiping her chin, looking up as Rill approached. She had seen him around town, knew his name, but hadn’t really talked to him. “Hello, Mr. Lightwalker,” she greeted politely.

Kim returned to her biscuits and gravy. It helped the beer go down better. Then Stella came over to their table with a large platter of fried stuffed mushrooms. “Oh, yum!” the teen said as Stella handed a note to Orrin. “Did we order these?” Kim quickly snagged a mushroom before the platter got removed as a mistake.

“Here, try this,” Kim to Severiana, putting a couple mushrooms on a small plate for her mutant friend. “They’re really good. Not really breakfast food, but then neither is beer.” If her father could see her now!

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Notice 6 sucess, CK 20 success, raise x 4
Notice 1d8+4 = 6 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)

Common Knowledge 1d8 (8)
Aced CK 1d8 (8)
2nd Aced CK 1d8 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)


From outside the Sidewinder can be heard the reving of two hovercycles, obviously indeed of a tune up and sounding very over loaded. The reverberations from off the other buildings in Black Mesa, make the windows in the Sidewinder rattle, shake, and nearly shatter. This loud noise drowns out nearly every other sound for several minutes and all of sudden dies and disappears.

Out on the porch of the Sidewinder there is a very loud *thud* followed by a quieter *thud*. The floor boards of the porch protested loudly to the first thud but said nothing to the second. By the window right of the door a very large shadow looms, nay entirely fills the window and the sound of scraping and dragging can be heard. Then the shadow disappears.

*****

Silver stashed the items he had brought under a tarp which he made sure was securely fastened around the forming pile near the window. Standing in the doorway he gives himself a very thorough shake from his head to his pawfeet. Dirt, rocks, pebbles, and sticks fall from his fur and hit the walls and doors of the sidewinder and richochette of the hovercycles parked nearby. He stretches himself to his full ten foot height.

As he is preparing to come inside, it dawns on him that he needs to duck to go inside. Before setting foot inside, he makes sure that he has the right establishment. The message he had gotten today was to meet Jasco at the Sidewinder, that is Baz's establishment, for breakfast and possibly a job.

Right bar. Right Time. Time to find the man.

Ducking into the Sidewinder's entry way, Silver, a ten foot tall wolfen (half man, half wolf) walks a couple of feet hunched over and then brings his whole height to bare in the open two story section of the resturuant. Without looking around he states loudly, "Jasco, your delivery has arrived." (That is code for a problem needing Jasco's immediate attention.) Nodding towards the right window, Silver realizes that the tarp did not cover everything, as a black spaulder with a white skull is sticking out from under the tarp. Growling Silver ducks once more and heads outside to secure "the delivery."

In a minute Silver is back inside and sitting beside the window where the delivery is. As he sits down Stella walks over with half a metal keg held between her two arms. "Baz's best. You up for it?"

Lifting his head up halfway, Silver looks at Stella, "Sure the beer will be fine, Ms. Stella. Could I also get that enire beast you have on the spit back there? I could smell that as I was riding in."

Taking the "bowl" in one hand Silver begins lapping the beer up like some sort of thirsty dog.

Almost on cue Stella with a couple of other helping hands wheels out a portable spit from the back, complete with coals and a healthy fire. Setting the "bowl" down near him, he pulls out from a pocket on the shoulder straps of a very large pack a cred stick. "Will you have Baz add this to my balance please? Let me know how much I still owe him. Thanks."

As he begins tearing into the roasted meat, Stella reaches up and scratches the Wolfen behind his right ear. Lucky for everyone else, Silver's legs do not twitch and shake when his ear is scratched. However there is a low rumble that escalates into a very contented growl by the time Stella has finished. "Thanks Ms. Stella I needed that." Silver returns to eating the spit roasted meat.

The meat disappears quickly and as Silver finishes off the beer, he looks over at Jasco once more. "Jasco, you mentioned something about work. Got a more regular job than courier?"

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Last edited by Silverclaws on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:55 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Rolls Held: (Notice 3, CK 6 or 8)


Orrin stands to and shakes Rill’s hand as Jack introduces them

“Ah Mr… er… Reverend??... Lightwalker, nice to finally meet you.” Orrin says as he shakes Rill’s hand a little too enthusiastically. “I’ve heard only good things about you from the folks around town. Stella especially can’t seem to help praising you every chance she gets”

Orrin takes his seat again as Rill pulls up a chair from a nearby and introduces himself to the group.

Rill wrote:

“Now, what is this about a village and a cyber-knight in duress?”


“We’ve received word from our superiors at…” Orrin starts, but is interrupted by Stella dropping an unexpected plate of stuff mushrooms on the table and handing Orrin a note.

The Note wrote:
Every day, we face obstacles filled with incomplete information.

May these stuffed mushrooms grant you the insight you need to overcome the challenges that lie ahead.

If'n the mushrooms ain't doin' it for ya, feel free to flag me over.

-Jasco


Orrin’s eyes flicked back and forth between the note and the mushrooms, which Kim and Sev and quickly dived into. His mind raced as he weighed the potential risks and rewards of this new opportunity.

He had of course heard of Jasco. The infamous information broker was well known in the region. Orrin had yet to reach out to him on behalf of the legion because he hadn't yet figure out where Jasco fit into the local political dynamic. He had a reputation as a gentleman of honor. But plenty of “gentlemen” in these parts were simply the pretty, charismatic face of a bloody organization.

We could use the help though. We have quite a bit of talent, but are hurting for experience. Kim’s barely an adult, and while gifted she is untested. Despite all her naivety she’s seems light years ahead of Sev in life experience….

Orrin had yet to figure out what species that one was, or even what dimension she game from. He felt a small shiver of excitement at the thought if getting a chance to study her and her background. He had seen similar shades of blue on some D-Bee species out east, but none of them sentient. and from what he had seen, that tail was fully prehensil like a grackle tooth's. Could they be from the same dimension?

Focus on the task at hand… Fact is, we can’t afford to risk this mission, or that village, because of my suspicions. I’ll just have to keep a close eye on him.

Having come to his decision, Orrin pivoted in his chair glanced around and spotted Jasco picking at a bowl of nuts. The man smiled with a polite nod of the head toward the mushrooms. Orrin nodded back in thanks and casually directed attention with his hand to and an to an empty spot at the table next to the reverend.

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:17 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
((Rolls held))

Quote:
“Here, try this,” Kim to Severiana, putting a couple mushrooms on a small plate for her mutant friend. “They’re really good. Not really breakfast food, but then neither is beer.” If her father could see her now!


Sev's eyes pop out as she sees the food. She turns to watch Kim stuff some stuffed mushrooms into her mouth with some vigorous haste. Her ears perk up in curious interest, she sniffs at the plate and then immediately pops a generous handful into her mouth. After only 2 chews she looks at Kim with puffy full cheeks and a smile on her face and says, "Yes, yes. The Mooshrooms are delicious! The others should get some for them selves too!" She then pulls the plate to rest right between her and Kim as they proceed to finish it off.

_________________
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Boom! Head Shot - You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Let's Settle This - Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
  • Noble Sacrifice - Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead. (Patron Adventure Deck)

Image


Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Kim wrote:
“Sir Blurre, do you know this Keegan guy?” Kim asked, trying to cover her faux pas with mission talk. “I mean, he’s a cyber-knight and all.” She took another -- more careful -- sip from her mug, her eyes looking over it at the quickflex as she drank. It was bitter and strong, but she managed to keep from coughing too much.


Sir Blurre leans back, dredging his memory. "I never met him personally, but I do know the name. He was one of the first to break with Lord Coake over the Tolkeen issue--and one of the first to admit his error after that debacle was over. He's been a staunch ally of Lord Coake's since then." He shakes his head. "The Tolkeen Schism is still an ugly, painful wound for the order, and will be until the rest of the rogues have been... corrected. But that's not Legion business." Setting the matter aside while taking a drink of water, he shrugs. "That said, there's not much I know about him, personally."

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:10 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 am
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
((rolls held. Notice: 6, CK: 2))

"Silver." Jasco whispers to himself when he hears the characteristic cacophony that announces the Wolfen's arrival. The information broker adjusts his glasses and turns (much like everyone else in the saloon) to observe the massive wolf-man's entry.

Silverclaws wrote:
"Jasco, your delivery has arrived."


Jasco's eyes follow Silver's back toward the bundle partially hidden beneath the tarp. Loose Lips Louie commissioned the acquisition of some Dead Boy Armor. It's actually rather impressive that Silver accomplished the task so quickly. I had thought the chances of that Coalition scouting party reconnoitering in the region was 50/50. Says something about Silver's competence in combat, likely stealth, and resourcefulness to catch his prey unaware. Well done.

"Such prompt service!" Jasco jovially calls out to Silver as he heads back to secure the package. When he returns, Jasco welcomes the Wolfen and graciously invites him to sit and join him. "You've got..." the detail-oriented man begins, leaning over toward the Wolfen's mane before gingerly removing a bramble-branch clung to his fur. "As much as I enjoy a good tumble-weed. I'm not sure it goes with your current ensemble." The information broker flashes Silver a quick wink in jest.

Jasco leans back in his seat with a contented smile, letting Silver indulge in his voracious appetite. He sits in silence, knowing better than to get in between a Wolfen and his meal. When finally done, Jasco expectantly waits for the inevitable question.

Silverclaws wrote:
"Jasco, you mentioned something about work. Got a more regular job than courier?"


The information broker lifts up his mug of frothed elderberry juice, nods once then takes a long swig in what clearly looks to be a delay tactic. As Silver stares expectantly, Jasco lifts an upraised finger in dramatic fashion. Silver notices the broker's eyes darting between him and some point just over his left shoulder. Curiosity piqued, the Wolfen can't help but respond when Jasco's finger points behind him. Following the gesture, Silver looks over his shoulder just in time.

Orrin Truthseeker wrote:
Orrin nodded back in thanks and casually directed attention with his hand to and an to an empty spot at the table next to the reverend.

When Silver's eyes return to Jasco, the much smaller man is already up on his feet. "Shall we?" he says, gesturing for Silver to join him in heading over to the 18th COT's table.

"Name's Jasco, and this is Silver. If you're interested in some extra hands, we are a package deal."

_________________
Jasco: Human Information Broker [18th COT New West] | SR EP Ledger
Quick Stats
Human, MARS PCO: Information Broker
Bennies: 3/3
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (1dX); Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (3)
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Bad Eyes, Loyal
Notice d8, Common Knowledge d10, Persuasion d8+4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Killer Instinct (Wins tied opposed rolls, may reroll opposed skill die if it comes up a “1”), Command (+1 to troops recovering from being Shaken), Leader of Men (Roll a d10 as the Wild Die for subordinates’ group rolls), Tactician (Make a Knowledge (Battle) roll at the beginning of a fight to get an Action Card per success and raise; these may be given to any allies throughout the course of the battle), Robot Armor Jock (No -2 penalty while piloting robot armor.)
ISP: 20/20
Powers (all Mega): Speak Language with Splendor trapping (+2 to Charisma while the power is in effect, and on a Raise, a +1 die-type to Persuasion.); Telepathy with Shroud trapping ((message recipient) -1 to be hit by ranged attacks); Intangibility with Jazz trapping (+2 pace and on a raise, increase Agility one die type for duration of power.)
Adventure cards:
  • 7: Not Today - Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • 47: Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • 50: Theme Song - It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.


Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Carefully Silver pushes the rolling meat cart out of the way. Most would expect that a creature this size would be slow to rise and would trail behind the small man by a few minutes.

Not so. Just as Jasco moves to the table Silver is ther a step before him and curteously pulls out the chair for him.

Leaning down close he whispers to the man as he seats himself, "Careful what bargaining you do and my life is just as valuable as yours."

After Jasco is seated, Silver takes two steps back so he can see the entire group at the table where Jasco is seated. And then he begins to scan and search and watch and to anybody that looks his way, Silver looks like any predator hunting prey. Just waiting to pick out the weakest one.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Jones chuckles at Rill's quip. "It was only 'at one time, and it was fer a good cause. But if ya ever change yer mind, ah ain't against havin' a bit a' the Lord's help at the table."

He returns to his normal stone-faced self as the discussions continue for a moment. Jack's poker face still doesn't break, even though the commotion outside is loud. As the shadow moves in front of the door, Jack's left hand moves to his glass, bringing it to his lips for a drink. His right hand ever so slowly moves to his shard pistol, ensuring there are no snags in case a fast draw is needed. His eyes watch the massive wolfen as he enters. That...is...a big beast. Seeing him begin interacting with Jasco, Jones relaxes a little, but his right hand is still below the table line. Even after Stella scratched behind his ears, the hand lingered. There's no telling who could be looking for him.

Taking a quick glance back down at the now-empty plate of mushrooms, he notes the appetite of the ladies at the table. Guess they're hungry. Darn sight easier ta watch them eat than 'at wolf. Good gracious.

Jack sits up in his chair, tipping his hat, his eyes meeting Jasco's first, and then the hulking wolfen. "Fellas. A pleasure." He smiles and settles back into the chair. He scans the faces at the table, but lingers on the wolfen. Sure hope Samedi didn't send this monster my way. I don't need that kinda trouble.

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Silver is quite certain there are "mystics" mixed in this bunch at the table. Just that thought makes him growl as he becomes more tense.

Those observing Silver would notice the steady rippling of muscles moving up and down his body. From the core out and back in. Every so often there is a *schick* *schick* as one set of vemblades spring from his left arm or the right. This all seems very unconscious.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Orrin Truthseeker wrote:
Orrin stands to and shakes Rill’s hand as Jack introduces them

“Ah Mr… er… Reverend??... Lightwalker, nice to finally meet you.” Orrin says as he shakes Rill’s hand a little too enthusiastically. “I’ve heard only good things about you from the folks around town. Stella especially can’t seem to help praising you every chance she can.


”Please, it’s just ‘Brother.’ I don’t have a congregation of my own.” He smiles in Stella’s direction and continues, ”And, as always, our young Miss Stella is too kind.”

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Silverclaws wrote:
Silver is quite certain there are "mystics" mixed in this bunch at the table. Just that thought makes him growl as he becomes more tense.

Those observing Silver would notice the steady rippling of muscles moving up and down his body. From the core out and back in. Every so often there is a *schick* *schick* as one set of vemblades spring from his left arm or the right. This all seems very unconscious.


Rill nods at Jasco and says, ”Jasco. Always a pleasure.”

Looking at Silver, Rill can’t help but notice the movement of muscles beneath his skin and the steady rhythm of vibro-blades extending and retracting. ”And Mr. Silver, well-met. is everything quite all right?”

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:39 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 3 Crit Fail
Notice 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)


Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts 1d10 (1)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Kim blushed a bit as Severiana claimed the entire plate for them. “Ehm...I think it was meant for all of us to share,” she whispered to Sev. She took a few more for them to share and pushed the plate back to the middle of the table, giving her friend an understanding smile.

Kim winced as she heard the sound of overloaded motors and hover turbines. She definitely needed to tune those up! Her eyes widened when the massive wolfen entered. He was huge! And then the old man and the wolfen came over to their table to offer their services. It wasn’t at all comforting to watch the wolfen loom there, extending and retracting his vibro-blades.

***

Conditions:

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Rill wrote:
Looking at Silver, Rill can’t help but notice the movement of muscles beneath his skin and the steady rhythm of vibro-blades extending and retracting. ”And Mr. Silver, well-met. is everything quite all right?”


Stooping in very near Rill, Silver lowers his muzzle to within inches of Rill's face.

Whispering to Rill, "Rill, you know I don't like magic and mystic stuff that much. Makes it hard for me to trust people. These people smell of it pretty strong. Just saying, I am being careful, so should you and Jasco."

With that Silver stands up and returns to his place of security and watchfulness, much like one would expect an Alpha Male wolf to do.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:10 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Quote:
“Ehm...I think it was meant for all of us to share,” she whispered to Sev


Sev looks at Kim in a surprised manner, and then smiles innocently with a mouth full of yummy stuffed mushrooms. "Sorry." she says quietly with a little giggle.

When the Wolfen makes his entrance Sev has her eyes fixed on him the whole time with her mouth open wide, although you can't see her eyes as she is wearing her tight strapped goggles. The deep blue hue of her cybernetic eyes seems to throw people off in this place so she found something to cover them up when she isn't wearing her full head armor. "Wow that is a big fluffy thing!" she says louder than she meant to as it enters the saloon. I mean look at it, it's so cute and fluffy! I want to pet the fluffy. She krinkles her face up a bit though and thinks, But it doesn't look to happy right now. I've seen the big fluffies like that before and had to fight them. They make loud growling noises, a lot of growling, she remembers. That is a big one though. Sev gives the Wolfen a huge smile and simultaneously waves at him with her left hand and tail in unison. I want to poke and pet the big fluffy so bad! she hopes as she bounces in her seat like a little kid wanting candy and not doing a good job at all concealing it.

_________________
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Boom! Head Shot - You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Let's Settle This - Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
  • Noble Sacrifice - Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead. (Patron Adventure Deck)

Image


Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Severianna wrote:
When the Wolfen makes his entrance Sev has her eyes fixed on him the whole time with her mouth open wide, although you can't see her eyes as she is wearing her tight strapped goggles. The deep blue hue of her cybernetic eyes seems to throw people off in this place so she found something to cover them up when she isn't wearing her full head armor. "Wow that is a big fluffy thing!" she says louder than she meant to as it enters the saloon. I mean look at it, it's so cute and fluffy! I want to pet the fluffy. She krinkles her face up a bit though and thinks, But it doesn't look to happy right now. I've seen the big fluffies like that before and had to fight them. They make loud growling noises, a lot of growling, she remembers. That is a big one though. Sev gives the Wolfen a huge smile and simultaneously waves at him with her left hand and tail in unison. I want to poke and pet the big fluffy so bad! she hopes as she bounces in her seat like a little kid wanting candy and not doing a good job at all concealing it.


OOC Comments
Love it Sev. Maybe if you are a good girl and behave you can pet the big fluffy.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (2)

Hm... the wolfman's suspicious demeanor is pretty obvious, but without a success, gonna say he doesn't realize the animosity is about all those magic-wielders.



Sir Blurre was smiling to himself as both Jasco and Rill seemed prime to take the bait, patting himself on the back mentally as he savored one of the stuffed mushrooms--and then the great wolf-man came in, and set things just a wee bit on edge. Never count your dragons before they're hatched.... Still, this... Silver could be very useful to our cause. Be nice to have another warm body on the front line--then we'll actually have a front 'line'. Easier to protect the casters and diplomats that way. And if the three of them could be persuaded to join the Legion as true members further down the line, well, so much the better.

As Jasco prepares to talk turkey, the Quickflex gets up casually, and moves over to the big wall of fur and fangs, closing the distance with surprising speed even while appearing to stroll casually. "Well met, sir. If our respective employers come to terms, it looks like we might be working together." He holds out a hand that the big wolfen could probably crush if he was of a mind to. "I'm Blurre. I hope our time together is mutually beneficial."

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
At some point prior to this meeting, Silver was reminded that he needed to place and nice and not be so up tight. He however has bills to pay and debts are owed and he needs steady employment.

He notices Blurre and his approach. When the hand is extended to him to shake, he looks down at the QuikFlex and his small hand, then at his very large hand. Silver decides to take a different approach and squats on his heels thereby reducing his size by half and giving him a chance to look the QuikFlex in the eyes. "Blurre, I would like to know what the job is. Working blind with people I don't know makes me very uneasy. I might hurt the wrong people and that wouldn't go well for Rill over there. He can only heal so much."

Silver sticks his nose under the QuikFlex's outstretched hand, feeling it is safer than a handshake.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Jack speaks up after listening to Silver's analysis of working blind. "Big guy, long as ya don't hurt us, ain't much else I reckon we can't smooth over. Don't you worry yerself. Orrin is a regular silvertongue. Just needs the right audience." He sips again at his drink. Realizing he's low, he looks up and finds Stella's eyes. He smiles and winks. "Comin' up, Jack."
She practically glides across the room with another round for the table, including sarsaparilla and whiskey. Both hands in sight, Jack still gives her an invisible, telekinetic pat on the backside and gives her another wink. "Much obliged, darlin'." She turns to him and replies, as sassy as can be. "Why, Bullet Jones, I declare. If I ever find that other hand of yours..." She walks away with a flawless strut, and there's hardly a single eye in the place that doesn't watch at least for a moment.

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 135
Reply with quote
Everyone's eyes are still on Stella when the the whine of a single turbine engine signals the arrival of another hovercyle outside the Sidewinder - or inside, as the case may be. The saloon's doors are blown off their hinges as a small Desert Fox hovercycle crashes through and slams into the nearest table, launching its rider head over heels to land in a heap on the floor.

For a moment, the body is motionless, then a thick-fingered hand moves, and then the other, as the wounded but apparently still breathing rider pulls a cigar from one pocket and a lighter form another.

"Stella, I think ye better go ahead and bring the bottle," the new arrival says, groaning as he sits up and slaps an errant piece of ash out of his dust-covered beard. You can see now it's a dwarf, much the worse for wear. Judging from the dried blood staining one pants leg, he was wounded before crash landing into the Sidewinder.

"Someone decided to have a fookin' civil war out at the Killian ranch t'day," says the dwarf, who you recognize as one of a small clan that runs the small plastics plant on the edge of town. "Went out ta fill a tanker at tha oil rig on the east range and tha gods-blasted robots guarding tha thing nearly blew me to pieces. Caught a piece a shrapnel in me leg that was aboot an inch from makin' me a soprano. Found a couple of ranch hands I know holed up nearby, an' they said it's even worse at the Big House.

"I guess some of the guards and fieldhands tried to convince the Killians to sell the place off so's they can pay off the Black Market. Old Man Killian can't change 'is own bedpan let 'lone make a decision, and young Marl was havin' none 'o it. Pistols got drawn, then plasma rifles, and the whole place has gone to shite. I guess the rebels, if that's what you call 'em, have the Big House, with Old Man Killian and a bunch 'o other hostages. Young Marl took off with some more loyal types and has been blowin' holy hell out of anyone he finds. Meanwhile, that old oil rig is aboot to blow sky high 'cause 'o some viral program some arse loaded on as sabotage. We'll all be right fooked if that happens, with no petrol to refine nor plastics for tha printers tha Market has squirreled away in the ol' compound."

As the dwarf talks, Stella brings a bottle of the good whiskey and another of cheap vodka, which she pours on a clean rag to start tending to the dwarf's bloody leg.

"Gazzer, do you know if the children were at the Big House, or did they get somewhere safe?" she says. Gazzer merely shrugs in response.

Stella turns to you with concern in her eyes.

"I used to sit for the little ones when I was younger, before I got a job at Cobb's. There have to be at least five or six children on that ranch, all under 10. The adults of the Killian clan wouldn't be missed, but I can't bear the thought of those children being harmed."

Click on the spoilers for more info if you succeed on a Common Knowledge roll:

Also, here's a Map of Black Mesa

Common Knowledge Success
The Killians are one of the more prominent families in Black Mesa, ranchers who raise cattle, small dinos and other livestock. They also operate a small oil derrick that produces a local supply of oil -- which, although not really needed to power the town, is used for plastic production and to fuel small vehicles with old-style combustion engines. The Killian ranch is a couple of miles west of town, south of the mesa and sandwiched between two arms of the Cimarron River.


Common Knowledge with a Raise
It's a poorly-kept secret that the ranch has struggled the past few years, and Old Man Killian was rumored to have gone into debt with the Black Market to make ends meet. It's out of character for the market to make a direct move, but maybe they're trying to collect? Of course, helping to resolve the situation without too much bloodshed, and keep that oil rig pumping, would be the sort of thing that might generate some local gratitude ...


Jasco only
Those idiots, Wago and Raqqa, must have been a little too enthusiastic in their efforts to convince Killian to sell. The Black Market isn't going to be happy if the place gets blown to hell, but they may not want to step in, for fear their interference could be seen as a sign that they instigated the conflict. Perhaps there's an opportunity here ...


Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:04 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Common Knowledge 6 Success
Smarts 1d10 (6)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

"Why, Bullet Jones, I declare. If I ever find that other hand of yours..."

Kim pulls her eyes away from Silver and over to Jack and Stella. Her eyes linger on Stella as she struts away, and then she frowns and Jack before looking sadly down at her stuffed mushrooms. Why couldn’t she be as beautiful as Stella, so Jack would look at her that way? It wasn’t fair.

“Here,” Kim told Severiana, pushing her plate to her friend. “Not hungry anymore.” She pulled her beer closer to nurse it.

Kim’s pity party was interrupted when a dwarf came flying into the saloon on a hovercycle, crashing and hitting the floor. He was injured, but seemed to be taking it...well. Kim listened to his story of the battles at the Killian ranch, one of the most prominent families in the area.

“You said kids, Stella?” Kim asked with a frown, all jealousy toward the older woman forgotten for the moment as she relived her own personal nightmare, glancing at Sir Blurre. “Are they hostages, or just caught in the crossfire?” she asked Gazzer. She reached down, grabbing her pink backpack and pulling it into her lap.

***

Conditions:

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:57 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Notice 15, 2 raises
Notice Roll 1d6 (2)
Wild Roll 1d6 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Wild Ace Ace: 1d6+12 = 15 (3)
CK 19 3 raises
CK roll 1d10+2 = 12 (10) +2 on ppl and places in NA
CK Ace: 1d10+12 = 19 (7)
Wild Roll 1d6+2 = 8 (6) +2 on ppl and places in NA
Wild Ace: 1d6+8 = 14 (6)



OOC Comments
This Post would fit much better lower down in the thread (after Sir Blurr's). Unfortunately it took me a a much longer time to make my post after my rolls than I expected. Can it be moved?


Orrin sits in silence inspecting the recently arrived wolfen while Jasoco and Silver make their introductions to the group. Judging by everyone else’s lack of surprise, Orrin must have missed the beefy creature’s entrance when he was distracted by Jasco’s note and thoughts of Sev’s background.

That’s quite a enforcer Jasco’s got. Orrin says to himself as he sizes up the wolfen and looks back at the partially concealed piled of coalition armor. The use of such intimidating muscle only reinforces Orrin’s concerns about working with Jasco.

I guess beggars can’t be choosers….at least not without real evidence.

Jasco wrote:
"Orrin, Jack, Brother Lightwalker, Sir Blurre, thank you for the warm welcome." Jasco also tips toward Kim and Sev in turn but will not be so ostentatious as to presume their names. "You all seem like reasonable and decent folk. I'm confident that we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement to terms."


Orrin sighs internally at the thought of what the information broker will ask in exchange for his services, but prepares to stimulate his Manipura chakra to increase his ability to bargain when the strained whine of a hovercycle engine grabs his attention.

Having left his staff leaning against the wall during dinner, Orrin jumps up and grabs the staff when the hovercycle blows through the saloon doors. He spins and levels the staff at the now prone rider, pausing for a moment before realizing there is no immediate threat. He starts moving toward the rider to check for vitals when the hardy dwarf starts to stand.

When the dwarf finished relating the details behind his sudden entrance, Orrin immediately looks Rill

“Brother Lightweaver, I’ve heard of your healing prowess. While that injury doesn’t look life threatening, and I know Stella is a very capable woman, would you be willing to help her with Gazzer?” Orrin asks the Fennoidi preacher. On a sudden thought, he turns to the dwarf and adds “Assuming Gazzer himself doesn’t mind, of course…”

Before waiting for an answer he turns to Jasco, who begins speaking before Orrin can open his mouth

Jasco wrote:
"Well," Jasco begins, coming out of his musings, "Seems the locals could use some 'outreach' help. Likely there isn't any money in providing this help, but would certainly be a good deed for the community. Seeing as how I am personally invested in this community, I am inclined to investigate and try to put out these two fires with our without your help. 'With' would be a whole lot easier and with a higher chance of success." Jasco says, unofficially asking for help from the 18th COT before his attention is drawn by the Wolfen when he moves in close.


Orrin sighs in relief. Though he feels a little guilty at the thought, he realizes that this opportunity may help his team make some headway with the citizens of Black Mesa. It also doesn’t hurt that Jasco appears to be asking for their help, rather than the other way around, as Orrin was about to ask the same of Jasco.

Orrin nods, opening his mouth to offer his agreement

Jack Bullet Jones wrote:
"Orrin, might be a fair trade fer services ta be made here. Maybe we work somethin' out with Jasco and his muscle here ta save these kids and drive off them rustlers, an' they help us out west once we're done. Ah reckon we have time fer both if'n this Keegan fella ain't comin' in fer a couple days.


Half amused, half annoyed at being beat to the punch again, Orrin turns instead to Jack and says “Now Jack, I think…”

Sir Blurre wrote:
"Sir, I should be the one sent in with the food. I'm not completely inept at diplomacy, and I am hard to hit if they decide to pull a double-cross. And is there a vehicle we can borrow to get out there? If not, I can get there the fastest, too."


Orrin throws his hand in the air and chuckles

“Well Jasco, I think the people have spoken” he says good naturedly “unless Kim has any objections?”

Conditional on no objections from Kim

“Though I might add one point of note, Jasco.” Orrin states, his tone turning more serious, “We are Tomorrow Legion. As far as I am concerned, our assistance to the innocent is not something to be offered as a quid pro quo. When this is finished, we can negotiate terms for your assistance to the D-Bee village that Sir Keegan has indicated is in trouble, if you still feel so inclined to do so.”

Orrin levels his gaze at the information broker for a hair longer than would normally be comfortable, before breaking it and turning to Kim.

“Kim, could you please take a look at Gazzer’s hovercyle here and see if it is in good enough condition to transport us to the Ranch?”

Looking at Rill, Silver and Jasco in turn he asks “Do either of you have means of transportation? We will probably need to split off into groups to deal with these two problems. I wouldn’t be comfortable leaving either unresolved while we take care of the others. One may need to go on foot, so speed may dictate how we split. Jasco has already volunteered to work to take care of the virus, but he may need support in case there are any hostiles still in the region.”

Orrin pauses and turns to each member of the group to indicating that he would prefer if people volunteered which crisis they would like to assist with rather than being assigned.

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Last edited by Orrin Truthseeker on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Notice 6, 8 CK 4
Notice 1d8+2 = 8 (6) (+2 for smell)
Wild Die 1d6 (4)

Common Knowledge 1d8 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)


Reflex and Reaction
Silver would have made an attempt to move to the front of the saloon and maybe even attempted to stop the hovercycle or catch the flying dwarf.


Healing others isn't exactly something Silver does. He normally leaves them in a state where healing is, well next to impossible. Seeing the dwarf on the floor, he tries to register if he knows him from any other interactions he has had in the brief weeks he has spent in Black Mesa before he was released from the Northern Gun Runners.

Seeing as Stella has things "under control" with the dwarf, he moves to where the hovercycle is, picks it up with one arm and carries it outside of the saloon. Coming back in he gathers the wood into a pile near the door. "Baz, you need repairs."

Walking silently over to Jasco, he leans down close "The Killian place. You still need me to keep eyes on it? Or are we going there now?"

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:24 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 am
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Notice 10, CK 2
Rolls:
    Notice: 1d8 (6)
    Notice Wild: 1d6 (6)
    Notice Wild Ace: 1d6 (4)
    Common Knowledge: 1d10 (2)
    Common Knowledge Wild: 1d6 (2)


Skill rolls
  • Persuade. 1d8+4 = 8 (4) <== To convince 18th COT to help.
  • Streetwise. 1d8+4 = 11 (7) <== To know about who would be crewing the oil rig.

Silverclaws wrote:
Leaning down close he whispers to the man as he seats himself, "Careful what bargaining you do and my life is just as valuable as yours."

After Jasco is seated, Silver takes two steps back so he can see the entire group at the table where Jasco is seated. And then he begins to scan and search and watch and to anybody that looks his way, Silver looks like any predator hunting prey. Just waiting to pick out the weakest one.

Jasco flashes Silver an empathetic look mixed with surprise. "Moreso," the information broker states, re-assuring the Wolfen of his intention to negotiate in good faith and to everyone's benefit.

Silver's decision to remain standing in an effort to project strength and intimidation causes Jasco's features to soften as if to compensate. But in reality,
Jasco's thoughts flirt with amusement. And so if this COT team knows about my connections to the Black Market, they will suspect that Silver is my enforcer. Muscle to impose my will in these negotiations. That's silly. Still, Silver seems intent on the posture. It would be more difficult to try to reign his behavior in, than to play along.

In a pleasant demeanor, tipping the rim of his cowboy hat in respect, Jasco returns the warm greetings. "Orrin, Jack, Brother Lightwalker, Sir Blurre, thank you for the warm welcome." Jasco also tips toward Kim and Sev in turn but will not be so ostentatious as to presume their names. "You all seem like reasonable and decent folk. I'm confident that we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement to terms."

Jasco is glad to see some progress in everyone trying to make nice and de-escalate the threat of violence posed by Silver's intimidating form. He is about to return to the dialogue when the whine of a strained hovercycle engine catches his attention.

Not much of a fighter or instinctive reactor, Jasco manages only to cover his face with his arm and fall off his chair in the search for cover when the dwarf cannonballs into the saloon.

Seeing that danger is not imminent, the information broker rights himself, dusts himself off and listens intently to Gazzer's tale.

Unconsciously, Jasco's hands fold together, with only his index fingers and thumbs steepled skyward as he processes the new information.

Killian ranch... Seems Wago and Raqqa stirred the pot and got themselves a mouthful of hornets. By his actions, Marl is adamant against selling the ranch. Digging deeper into the 'why' behind that will need to come later. Seems we have two major issues here. One is the oil rig. The crude it pumps is a lifeline of this community. If there is some manner of computer virus messing up its operation, putting it at risk of explosion, that definitely requires an immediate solution. Again, the 'why' and 'who' could be sophisticated enough to sabotage in that manner will need to come later. Second issue is are the hostages taken at the ranch house. This should be a simpler solution. If a channel of dialogue can be opened, then the instigators, if it is indeed Wago and Raqqa, should be able to be convinced to calm down and relinquish their stranglehold on the ranch. There is no choice but to put these two fires out immediately. And as luck would have it, the 18th Community Outreach Team may be uniquely staffed to handle some of these issues.

"Well," Jasco begins, coming out of his musings, "Seems the locals could use some 'outreach' help. Likely there isn't any money in providing this help, but would certainly be a good deed for the community. Seeing as how I am personally invested in this community, I am inclined to investigate and try to put out these two fires with our without your help. 'With' would be a whole lot easier and with a higher chance of success." Jasco says, unofficially asking for help from the 18th COT before his attention is drawn by the Wolfen when he moves in close.

Silverclaws wrote:
Walking silently over to Jasco, he leans down close "The Killian place. You still need me to keep eyes on it? Or are we going there now?"

"That entirely depends on whether these ladies and gentelmen are willing to lend a hand." Jasco replies magnanimously, gesturing grandly to the crew.
------------------
If/When the members of the COT agree to help, Jasco will share a bit more information and a sketch of a plan moving forward.

"I have my suspicions of who the instigators at the ranch might be. A couple of surly guys, Wago and Raqqa. Were hired by Marl Killian to rough me up not too long ago. I pointed out to them an alternative that was a potential win-win scenario and it is entirely possible that they didn't quite grasp the nuances of my suggestion and took it a bit too far. If you bring them a peace offering of food... Stella knows the recipes, and help in the form of medical aid to help keep Killian senior alive, you might get the opportunity to talk them off the ledge, possibly avoiding violence altogether and getting everyone home safely. They, like most people, are actually quite reasonable individuals when on a full stomach." Jasco pauses a moment considering something. "As much as I'd like to go to the ranch and talk them down personally, possibly finding out more information about why Marl is acting so irrationally, I'm afraid the second matter of the oil rig demands my attention."

"A viral program usurping the rig's operation doesn't make sense in so many ways. I'm afraid with the absence of a gaggle of computer aficionados in the area, I'm the closest thing we've got." The information broker addresses Gazzer with his next question, "I presume the rig crew abandoned ship when things went south. Where are they now? I need to speak to them to get some details about what happened and what needs to be done in order to stabilize the rig."

_________________
Jasco: Human Information Broker [18th COT New West] | SR EP Ledger
Quick Stats
Human, MARS PCO: Information Broker
Bennies: 3/3
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (1dX); Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (3)
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Bad Eyes, Loyal
Notice d8, Common Knowledge d10, Persuasion d8+4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Killer Instinct (Wins tied opposed rolls, may reroll opposed skill die if it comes up a “1”), Command (+1 to troops recovering from being Shaken), Leader of Men (Roll a d10 as the Wild Die for subordinates’ group rolls), Tactician (Make a Knowledge (Battle) roll at the beginning of a fight to get an Action Card per success and raise; these may be given to any allies throughout the course of the battle), Robot Armor Jock (No -2 penalty while piloting robot armor.)
ISP: 20/20
Powers (all Mega): Speak Language with Splendor trapping (+2 to Charisma while the power is in effect, and on a Raise, a +1 die-type to Persuasion.); Telepathy with Shroud trapping ((message recipient) -1 to be hit by ranged attacks); Intangibility with Jazz trapping (+2 pace and on a raise, increase Agility one die type for duration of power.)
Adventure cards:
  • 7: Not Today - Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • 47: Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • 50: Theme Song - It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.


Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Notice 10, CK 8
Notice
1d6 (6)

Ace notice with prior result
1d6+6 = 10 (4)

Wild die Notice
1d6 (3)

Common Knowledge
1d10 (8)

Wild die CK
1d6 (5)


Hearing the whine of the engine approaching quickly, Jack watches the door. As the dwarf and hoverbike burst through the front, he reacts. Quick as a rattlesnake, Jack leaps from his chair and backpedals, knocking the chair backwards against the wall. Simultaneously, both of his pistols come out of their holsters and point at the wreck, prepared to unleash a deadly barrage. He relaxes when the dwarf goes for a cigar instead of a weapon. Holstering his guns, he returns his chair to a position at the table and sits. "Mighty eventful mornin'. If ya ain't awake now, ya might need ta see the brother 'bout a resurrection."
Listening in to the chatter, and noticing Stella and Kim's concern for the children, he pipes up. "Orrin, might be a fair trade fer services ta be made here. Maybe we work somethin' out with Jasco and his muscle here ta save these kids and drive off them rustlers, an' they help us out west once we're done. Ah reckon we have time fer both if'n this Keegan fella ain't comin' in fer a couple days. 'course, this means ah might miss cleanin' up 'at hold 'em game, but it's fer a good cause. Heck, ah might have it all cleared up in time anyway." He reaches over to the plate of mushrooms and grabs one of the last ones left. He looks at Severianna and then Kim, giving her a little smile. "Just one. Thankee, darlin'."

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Common Knowledge 6
Common Knowledge: 1d6+1 = 6 (5)
Wild CK: 1d6+1 = 2 (1)


Blurre actually tipped his hand a bit, to let the big wolfen get a better sniff--at least, that's what he assumed the gesture with the snout was about, and then starts to try to set the walking wall of fur and fang's mind at ease. "Oh, don't worry, the job's pret--"

Then the dwarf came blasting doors off of hinges, and Sir Blurre was at his side in a shot, following Stella's instructions (since she seems to have the first aid situation well in hand). As she mentions the children, and Jasco outlines the 'bribe them with food' plan, he looks to Orrin. "Sir, I should be the one sent in with the food. I'm not completely inept at diplomacy, and I am hard to hit if they decide to pull a double-cross. And is there a vehicle we can borrow to get out there? If not, I can get there the fastest, too."

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:24 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice 7,9,9 CK 2
Notice +2 for sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes) & +2 for rolls that relate to traps and similar devices (Larceny)
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace 1d6 (1)

Common Knowledge -2 Clueless Hinderance
CK 1d4 (4)
Wild Die 1d4 (3)
Should have been d6, oops
CK 1d6 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (4)


Stealth roll for tail pet
1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Quote:
“Here,” Kim told Severiana, pushing her plate to her friend. “Not hungry anymore.” She pulled her beer closer to nurse it.


When Kim says she isn't hungry and pushes the plate away, Sev thinks, 'I've seen this before, this is her angry face.' She nods to her and makes a grunt as to agree to her. Sev puts on a very forced and unconvincing angry face and wonders, 'what are we being angry at right now? Must be something important. She's usually so cheerful.'

Severianna jumps to her feet, cat-like as the Dwarf crashes into the Sidewinder, her arms out wide and tail curled up behind her like a scorpion and ready to activate her cybernetic implants... and then relaxes when there doesn't appear to be an actual threat.

'This meeting is the most active one yet. I wonder if this is more like the way meetings go, or if the last few are the normal.'

Quote:
“You said kids, Stella?” Kim asked with a frown... “Are they hostages, or just caught in the crossfire?” she asked Gazzer.


"Yea, Kids!" Sev says loudly echoing Kim. 'I'm not sure why the kids part is important, but it looks like it's bothering Kim, so it bothers me too!', she thinks.

While the others speak and converse Sev walks over to the hovercycles and takes a look at them. But before she gets to them she makes sure to take a path that gets her right next to the Wolfen, and tries to take an especially noisy opportunity or one where everyone else is looking at Stella and as she passes The large beast she stealthy brushes her tail against his fur as to see if it's as soft and fluffy as it looks.

"Oh these look fun, I want to rid one of these. I saw some others ride these here in town. One of these and one of those mechanical cats. Those are soo cute and I want to play with them so much." She says all this to herself as everyone else speaks of oil rigs, farm houses and whatever else.

_________________
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Boom! Head Shot - You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Let's Settle This - Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
  • Noble Sacrifice - Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead. (Patron Adventure Deck)

Image


Last edited by Severianna on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 9, CK 7, Mysticism 10
Notice: 1d8 (2)+2 Awareness, +2 for sight
Notice Wild: 1d6 (5)+2 Awareness, +2 for sight
Common Knowledge: 1d8 (3) +2 HJ bonus
Common Knowledge Wild: 1d6 (5) +2 HJ bonus
Mysticism: 1d10 (7)+1 for Nymbu staff, +2 Healer
Mysticism Wild: 1d6 (5)+1 for Nymbu staff, +2 Healer


Quote:
As the dwarf talks, Stella brings a bottle of the good whiskey and another of cheap vodka, which she pours on a clean rag to start tending to the dwarf's bloody leg.


Rill rises, picks up his Nymbu staff, and walks over to the dwarf. He places his hand gently on Stella’s shoulder and says, ”Please, child, allow me.”

Turning to the dwarf, he says, ”You may want to hold your breath for a moment. That seems to help.” He lays one hand on the dwarf’s back, whispers a quick prayer, and gentle, white light begins to shine from the various wounds on Gazzer’s body. The dwarf sucks in his breath and pounds one fist on the bar.

”Bloody...!” he begins to swear, but cuts it off, remembering who he’s talking to. ”That is, thank’ee, Brother Lightwalker. But, ow, that does burn.”

Rill gives a polite nod. ”I should think so, Gazzer. Heaven just mended you from the inside out and then seared your wounds closed with holy light. But you feel better now, I trust?”

Turning to the group, Rill says ”I tend to agree with Sir Blurre; we should seek a diplomatic solution if one is at all possible. I am happy to assist in that endeavor, and I, too, am well-protected should violence ensue. Of course, I pray that will not be the case.

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:39 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts 1d10 (5)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

Kim nodded to Orrin. “I’ll take a look at the bike,” she said, sliding from her seat. She grabbed at her toolbox and followed Silver as he brought the bike outside. She pulled up a stool and started to look it over for damage. She looked up at Severiana as her friend joined her.

“They would be fun,” Kim agreed. “But be careful.” She glanced back inside. She could only just make out the conversation continuing through the doorway. “I would probably be more useful at the oil rig, but I worry about the kids,” she said. “If they’re willing to hold kids hostage, I’d rather not bribe them with food,” she said with a scowl. “Bastards.”

Kim turned back to her work on the bike.

***

Conditions:

Repair 12 2 Raises Quarter time
Repair 1d8+4 = 11 (7)
Wild 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Ace 1d6 (2)

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Silver smells Kim before she exits the Sidewinder Saloon and actually hears Severianna approach not too long after. Watching Kim get to work on Gazzer's ride, he is impressed by her effeciency. "Lots of talent for one so young."

Pointing over to the two Coalition AFC-023 Sky Cycles, "Those will not be so easy to repair, I would guess."

When Kim and Sev look over to the Sky Cycles they will see that the Cycles are lashed together with ropes. The backs of the cycles are covered with blood, sand, and dirt. The Coalition markings and identifications have been scratched or rubbed off. The Cycles almost look like they could fall apart at any moment. When Kim and Severianna look back to Silver, "It was a rough ride into Black Mesa. Bringing in trouble was not an option."

To Kim's statement about kids, "The pups, uh kids, will be the most difficult part of the situation at the ranch house. They are unpredictable, all the time. We could have a lot more trouble on our hands if those kids decide to do something. Best be prepared for anything." Silver realizes his statement needs to be addressed to those inside and heads inside to remind Jasco and the others of just that.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (5)


Standing near the door while waiting for the food to be prepped and everyone to get ready, Sir Blurre overhears Kim's comment and the wolfen's rejoinder. When Silverclaws comes inside, he steps out to talk to the techno-wizard. "Kim, it is because they are desperate enough and driven enough to take children hostage that we must be willing to do whatever it takes to get those children out safely. If that means bribery--even if it means amnesty for their crimes up until now--that must remain our top priority, or we become like the Coalition and others who refuse to set aside anger for peace. Of course, violent force may be necessary, but if we can resolve this problem without more blood being shed, then I will call this a good day."

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 135
Reply with quote
"That's going on your tab, Gazzer!" Baz says as he stomps out of his second-floor room to survey the damage. Hands on the balcony railing, the larmac saloon owner shakes his head, then turns to head back to bed.

"Bring up a pot of coffee and a whatever is left of that roast, Stella," he calls over his shoulder, leaving the mess for someone else to handle.

As Kim goes to work on the Desert Fox, Gazzer stands and works the kinks out of his newly-healed leg.

"That's a particular fire I'd like to avoid feeling anytime soon, Brother, but I do 'preciate tha work," he says. "An' yer welcome to keep that sand rocket, as far I'm concerned. Not sure who she b'longs too, as I was too busy dodging laser blasts ta inquire as to ownership. When I buggered off, there were half a dozen old hands hunkered down near the pump, in cover of an old retainin' wall. None of 'em had anything with more punch than a hand cannon, and not the range to pick off the killer robots. Not sure what got into 'em, but they was movin' smarter than normal, if ye ask me."

The dwarf sits down at a nearby table takes a long pull from the whisky bottle Stella brought.

"I'm not sure what the situation is at the Big House, far as hostages and children and what not. But sounds like some of the farm hands got their dander up a wee hair, so no place for little 'uns, for sure."

As Kim reattaches the fuel line on the Desert Fox and gives turbine a test spin, Gazzer nods approvingly.
"Like I said, yer welcome to take the 'cycle there, though I'm not sure it'll carry more than one, 'less you ladies double up. You'll need some other transportation if you want to get out there faster'n yer feet will carry ye."

As Kim finishes up her work on the Desert Fox (same stats as NG-150 Streetrunner), she takes a look at the lashed-together Sky Cycles, but the Coalition vehicles are obviously too damaged to be worth more than scrap at this point.

That does leave the question of how the group will get to Killian's property. The COT's Big Boss gave up the ghost shortly after the team arrived in Black Mesa, and needs a complete engine overhaul and new transmission before it will be serviceable again. Jack won a robot horse in a poker game recently, but the rest of the COT have been hoofing it.


Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 8 Raise
Notice 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6 (2)


Common Knowledge 11 Raise
Smarts 1d10 (10)
Ace 1d10 (1)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

Kim wipes her hands on a rag as she finished with the hovercycle.

"Lots of talent for one so young."

Kim looked up at the big, white wolfen and gave a small smile. “I had a good teacher,” she said. Of course, she had been young when her mother was thrown through a rift by Baron Atrocles. But she had been instilled with her techno-wizard mother’s enthusiasm for tech and magic and the fusion of the two. Following that, the techno-wizard academy and factories in Tolkeen had been some of the best.

"Those will not be so easy to repair, I would guess."

Kim looked over at the other skycycles. She could see the faint CS markings on them, and was familiar with their designs from the Siege. “That sounds like a challenge,” she said with a grin.

"The pups, uh kids, will be the most difficult part of the situation at the ranch house. They are unpredictable, all the time. We could have a lot more trouble on our hands if those kids decide to do something. Best be prepared for anything."

“I know,” Kim said with a sigh. “I have some experience with that, too,” she admitted, though she didn’t elaborate. “But I will go wherever I’m needed.”

"Kim, it is because they are desperate enough and driven enough to take children hostage that we must be willing to do whatever it takes to get those children out safely. If that means bribery--even if it means amnesty for their crimes up until now--that must remain our top priority, or we become like the Coalition and others who refuse to set aside anger for peace. Of course, violent force may be necessary, but if we can resolve this problem without more blood being shed, then I will call this a good day."

Kim looked up as Sir Blurre finished his speech. God, it was like having her dad around, though her dad had a lot less problems with killing than a cyber-knight did. She imagined if he were here, those hostage takers would be dead before they even knew the 18th was in the area.

“You didn’t seem to have a problem with it when you rescued me and the others,” Kim pointed out to Sir Blurre. Of course, she had been staring down the barrel of a rifle about to be executed by the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry at the time.

Kim went over to take a closer look at the CS bikes, but after a few minutes she shook her head. “These can’t be salvaged,” she said. “I can tear them down for parts. We could probably get some creds for some of it, but might best be used to keep the Desert Fox running. How far is it out to the oil rig and house on foot?” she asked Gazzer.

Kim paused and looked at Jasco. “You’re supposed to know things. Know anyone in town willing to lend us a ride?”

***

Conditions:

Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Jack speaks up. "Ah took a purty horse off'a some yay-hoo that thought he had me beat, the other night. He hit a flush on the river, but it paired the board, gave me a full house. Ya can't crack Bullet Jones when he's got pocket Jacks. Ha!" He takes a moment to beam with more than a little pride at his joke and his acquisition. "She's tied up 'round the side, ready ta go. Ah reckon ah could squeeze 'nother rider with me, if'n they're smaller. Maybe we get 2 more on that there cycle. Just gotta find a ride fer the other four. Kim, ya fancy a ride, darlin'?" He looks at the girl and smiles. Watch yerself, Jones.

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 3 Fail
Notice 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)


Common Knowledge 6 Success
Smarts 1d10 (6)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

Kim coughed a bit in her beer as Jack asked if she wanted to ride. She didn’t understand half of what he’d just said, but she understood that!

“I...sure, Jack,” Kim said, a bit of color touching her cheeks as she smiled brightly. “Sev, you want to drive the Desert Fox then?” She tossed the starter chip to her blue D-Bee friend. She turned back to Jack. “I do like horses,” she said with a smile, swinging her pink backpack onto her back. She tried to play it cool, act like an adult as she eyed the handsome older man.

***

Conditions:

Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Last edited by Kim Black on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Rill frowns a priestly frown at Jack.

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:11 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Notice 4 - Success
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (4)
CK 4 - Success
CK 1d10+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Orrin, recognizing Kim's excitement at the prospect of saddling up with the gambler, glances at Jones warningly.

Between the horse and the Hovercycle, half of our merry little band can get there in no time at all.

"Sev, why don't you take Brother Lightwalker on the hover cycle" Orrin says, thumbing towards priest. "Blurr can probably walk the distance faster than the rest of us could run it and I..." Orrin pauses as he looks up and his eyes go glassy for second as reaches his spirit out the swirling energies of the Ley Line that runs through Black Mesa "...I can fly about half the distance there before I hit the edge of the Line running through this town. I could walk the rest of the distance or Sev could come pick me up on the hovercycle."

Turning to Jasco and Silver he says That leaves just the two of you. If you can't get transportation out the area, we can wait for your arrival after we have secured the area since it sounds like Jasco is best equipped to deal with whatever virus is disrupting the oil rig.

Expecting that their depature is imminent, Orrin opens himself up the Ley Line again and begins drinking in its arcane power to use when they arrive at the oil rig.


OOC Comments
Let me know if you want a spell-casting roll for filling my PPE up to my max while on a Ley Line

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Last edited by Orrin Truthseeker on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:35 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice 4,6,6 CK 3
Notice +2 for sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes) & +2 for rolls that relate to traps and similar devices (Larceny)
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 (4)

Common Knowledge -2 Clueless Hinderance
CK 1d6 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)


Severianna stands near the cycle watching Kim work with her tools. She does that a lot, Sev thinks. Always running up to some machine and just starts whacking and pulling and sticking her little hands into it. Sev's dark leather hood that is an extension of her heavy leather duster is down. Her goggles on. She thinks about all this talk of robots, ruffians and a general dust up about to go down. And then giggles a bit to herself at bit. She thinks, my thoughts are starting to use words that I am hearing over and over in this town. It's starting to rub off on me. Everyone in the facility spoke so, I think the right way to say it is, proper. I heard some people speaking like the scientists and researchers did, and someone referred to him as a proper gentlemen, whatever that is. I'll need to grab my heavier tactical armor before heading out. She starts to bounce a little thinking about being able to use her fighting skills. She was really beginning to miss that.

Quote:
“Sev, you want to drive the Desert Fox then?” She tossed the starter chip to her blue D-Bee friend.


As Kim throws the starter chip to Sev, a quick movement can be seen under the back of her dark brown heavy leathered duster. A dark blue tail snaps around her to catch the chip in mid air as one would their hand, only if they didn't have a tail that could do it instead and then disappears back under the fabric.

Quote:
"Sev, why don't you take Brother Lightwalker on the hover cycle" Orrin says,


"Oh oh, yes. I would love to drive! My fav time was when on the driving and flying games growing up. I got to play them all the time for beating the big uglies and the growling fluffies and the little floppies. They where all so cute in their own way. Not the big uglies, they where just big and ugly." Sev begins to make some motor noises and makes a reving motion with her hand before realizing she is doing it and tries to stand still hoping no one really saw that. Even though she thinks she's standing still she's bouncing a little more than before thinking about fighting AND driving. "This day is going to be so fun," she says in a quiet but excited manner to no one in particular.

Sev makes sure to pick up her Tactical armor plates and fully enviro helmet on her way out of town.

Conditions: Currently wearing Light version of her armor, no weapons.

_________________
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Boom! Head Shot - You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Let's Settle This - Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
  • Noble Sacrifice - Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead. (Patron Adventure Deck)

Image


Last edited by Severianna on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Sir Blurre listens to the plan, and nods as the food comes out. He turns to the deal-maker and his own commander. "Mr. Jasco, Commander Orrin, if you have a ride I can hitch along with as far as the oil rig, at least, I'd be appreciative. If I have to hoof it, though, I should start immediately, and take the food directly to the house as a means of opening negotiations with the hostage-takers." The Cyber-knight waits for that determination before moving, though.

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
"You have suitable transportation, Jasco. If so, let's go. Otherwise I am walking." Looking over to Blurr, "You can be his co-pilot and before you say anything, it is cruelty to animal week."

Silver positions himself where he can get the best hand holds or paw grips on the exterior of the vehicle and lays down across the top. 18 inches from being a hood ornament.


"Let us get this show on the road, I have some droids to interface with."

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Jack nods at Blurre and Silver. "Sounds like we're saddlin' up." He turns to Kim. "I'll bring her 'round, pick ya up right in front here, little lady." He smiles at her and heads around to collect his new horse. As he passes her, he acknowledges Rill's and Orrin's disapproval with the riding arrangements with a quick head-shake and squint, as if to reassure them that he will not be taking advantage of the situation. If he grinned as he exited, no one would've been the wiser. His poker face never cracks.

Pulling his robot horse to the wrecked front of the saloon, he reaches down to help Kim up, giving her a position behind him. He may or may not have reached a telekinetic hand behind her to give her an extra boost, but she does float rather quickly up to her part of the saddle. "Hold on tight, darlin'. Comet's got some giddy-up." He reaches back and guides her hands to clasp in front of him, just a few inches above the beltline. Once she has a grip, he pats her hands and prepares to spur the horse on.
"HAH!"

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Common Knowledge 9 Raise
Smarts 1d10 (9)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Kim made sure her pink backpack was on securely and her tools at her waist. She threw her survival pack into the dune buggy as she waited for Jack to bring the horse around, a bit giddy with excitement. She was a bit taken off-guard when the animal turned out to be a robot horse!

“Oh, my!” Kim exclaimed. “That’s...it’s beautiful!” she said.

Kim moved up quickly, wondering how to get on. Jack reached down and she took his hand, pulling herself up. She gave a bit of a gasp as she felt the telekinetic hand on her backside, and flushed a bit as she settled behind Jack. She wrapped her hands around his waist as instructed, amazed at the firmness of his abs beneath the armor, and pressed her cheek into the back of his coat, inhaling the scent of him.

As the horse leapt out to go, Kim’s grip tightened. Her hands instinctively went lower, grabbing at his belt, which seemed a firmer handhold that she could get her fingers around, her young curves pressing into the handsome man from behind.

***

Conditions:

Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 135
Reply with quote
Jasco arches an eyebrow as the little game of footsie plays out between Jack and Kim, taking in the disapproving glances from Rill and Blurre. He mutters something under his breath, then looks back up.

"As we seem to be decided, I will have, ah, someone bring my car around."

He gives Silver a long look, then sighs.

"Please do be careful this time about your hindclaws. It may be ballistic paint, but even that has its limits."

Half a minute later, a sleek, heavily-armored ATV pulls up alongside the Sidewinder saloon.

"Three of you can ride inside with me, if you like, and there's a storage unit in the back that will keep the food at a suitable temperature," Jasco says as a door hisses open and he climbs into the driver's seat.

Seconds later you're rolling west out of Black Mesa, Jack and Kim keeping pace on Comet while Severianna flies squealing loop-di-loops overhead on the hovercycle. You catch your breath as you pass through the ley line, its blue glow casting on shadows on the ruins of the old town of Kenton. Most of the buildings have crumbled to the point of being unrecognizable, wind-scoured rock formations notable only for the regular grid in which they appear. A few appear oddly preserved, perhaps some side effect of the rushing river of arcane energy.

On the other side of the ley line you pick up speed, bouncing over the tattered remains of a highway that passes between two weathered hills. Then you turn north, and soon enough spot the tall, iron tower of Killian's oil rig rising from another dry hill. The ground rises here, creating a natural berm overlooking the rig below. Near the top of the hill, half a dozen men are hunkered behind a low retaining wall. One appears to be dead, and two others are obviously wounded.

They wave you back as you approach, motioning for you to cut your engines and approach slowly.

"Jus' hold on back there, strangers, or you're like to get yer head blowed off," one of the men says, wiping sweat and dirt from his brow. "There's a passel of robots that done gone haywire on the other side of the hill, here, and we already lost a couple of good men. If'n you've got some water, though, we'd be mighty obliged."

******
What the survivors know: If questioned, the man who first spoke, Khent, will tell you that all hell broke loose this morning when a couple of men from Killian's security team rode out, loaded for bear. The men said there'd been a quarrel, and they were seizing the rig in the name of the workers. Since the men were employees of Killians, they were recognized by the 15 guard robots stationed at the rig, and left unmolested. With nothing but sidearms, the rig workers weren't going to protest, either. But about five minutes after they arrived, the robots went loco and started shooting everyone. The rebels managed to take one down before they were shot down themselves, and the rig workers ran for it, sustaining heavy casualties themselves.

"I ain't never seen them 'bots move like that. Just a whole lot smarter then they usually are, when they're just walking pre-programmed routes. These were doing like tactics and whatnot, concentratin' fire and using cover. And after they was done, I saw 'em picking up some of the ordnance them security boys was carryin' -- I didn't think they was programmed to shoot nothing but those pulse rifles they come with," Khent says.

He can explain that the robots typically work in shifts, taking turns at a charging station at the base of the rig. Then he explains the other bad news -- at the same time the robots went nuts, he caught a glimpse of the main control screen for the rig, and it glitched out, as well. Over the past hour, it's been steadily ramping up the pace of the pump; much longer and a catastrophic failure is guaranteed.

Image

******
The challenge: We'll handle this like a modified Quick Combat/Dramatic Task.

  • Each character makes one roll, using a Skill or Trait of your choice, to represent your efforts in the combat. This is probably a combat-related or spellcasting skill, but feel free to be creative. Roll your Wild Die, as well, and apply any applicable modifiers that make sense, for darkness, distance, Fatigue you've taken, etc.
  • The killer robots are well-armed with pulse rifles, as well as a looted rail gun and grenade launcher, and make good use of cover and firing positions, so your rolls have a -2 scene modifier.
  • There is no initiative order, just make your post and use your roll to narrate how well you do. Try to leave something for everyone to do.
  • Every raise you get on your roll counts as an additional success
  • A critical failure means you have received 1d3 wounds, and were not able to help the group succeed. Perhaps though, your defeat was epic.
  • On a failure, you received 1 wound. You might have had some impact but you also were wounded in the process. You use up 3d6 power points spent or charges from your weapon, as appropriate.
  • Success, you did a good job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. You spent 2d6 ammo or power points.
  • Success with raise, your contribution is legendary. You spent 1d6 ammo or power points.
  • As a group, you need eight (8) successes to defeat or bypass the robots and reach the rig's controls. Once there, you'll need at least one computer- or electronics-related success (TW could work, as well) to halt or at least slow down the pump's self-destructive acceleration.

Image


Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Fighting 11
Fighting 1d12-2 = 7 (9)
Wild Fighting 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
Extra Effort Benny 1d6+7 = 11 (4)

Gets one Raise (only--so need Elan), so I get the benny back.


When they get there, Sir Blurre is, unsurprisingly, fast to act once the situation is known. Waiting only for approval from Orrin, he takes the lead, zig-zagging rapidly across the open ground, trusting speed, cyber-kinetic abilities and his enhanced power to evade ranged combat to enable him to cover the distance without getting ventilated. Once he's partway, those more suited to ranged combat can stick their heads up and take shots, and then, when he's among them, Silver can come up as well, since they'll be occupied with a dual-wielding CK.

And his part goes off without a hitch. At the far end of the run, he cleaves one of the bots with a double-hit that takes them out before it can register that it needs to switch from ranged to melee--and in melee, they simply cannot touch the Cyber-Knight, which sows chaos in their midst.

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
The sun having not yet reached its high noon place in the sky Silver opts for a distraction to better aid the others at this hoedown. He gives Jasco and Kim his radio freq and then backtracks to the rig workers and then locates a high point north of them. Running on all fours he makes every effort to appear to be a coyote or a wolf as he runs. Once up on the ridge he assumes the howling at the moon or crazy coyote pose and lets out the biggest and loudest howl, trying his best to get it to echo off the surrounding hills and such.

Howlin at the Moon - Intimidation 9, Success, Raise
Intimidation 1d10-2 = 5 (7)
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Aced Wild Die 1d6 (5)

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Jack pulls back on Comet's reins at the beckoning of the workers. Disengaging Kim's fingers, which had wrapped firmly at his belt, he slides off the horse, and then reaches up to help her dismount. "Careful on the way down, darlin'. Here. Ah got ya!" He catches her as she almost falls out of the saddle, wrapping her in his arms. He places her gently on the ground, gives her a wink and a smile, and slowly releases his bear hug. "She's a mighty smooth ride, ain't she? C'mon. Let's save the day." He turns and heads for the retaining wall in an attempt to get a vantage point on the rig.
"Fellers." He takes a quick glance over the wall, then ducks his head back down. "Reckon we got what, 14 left, ya said? That ain't nothin' but a shootin' gallery. I'll barely get m'self warmed up with odds like that."
Blurre darts off like he was shot out of a rifle, zigging and zagging to draw the fire of the robots. They never stood a chance to hit him. Silverclaws' howling seems to be overstimulating the robots' responses. They can't seem to find a suitable target in response. Walk in the park.
Psionics 5, success
Psionics, -2 scene
1d10-2 = 3 (5)

Benny for extra effort with prior result
1d6+3 = 5 (2)

Wild die Psionics
1d6-2 = 1 (3)

ISP usage
2d6 (5, 5)

Jack turns to Kim. "Darlin', wait here. Ah'll clear the way ta the control room. Let 'em take their shots at me. Ah can handle it." He leaps the wall and makes a swift approach in Blurre's wake. Halfway down, one of the robots drops out of cover and prepares to fire. Quicker than a rattlesnake, Jack lights off a blast with his TX-26, drilling the automaton in the power pack. It collapses in a heap on the ground. Before he can celebrate the shot, two more fire his way, grazing the arm of his coat.

Taking cover behind the wall, he pauses while the two robots fire intermittently in his direction, pinning him down. Walk in the park, eh Jack? Use yer noggin', runnin' off like that. You ain't laserproof. His thoughts are interrupted by a third robot on a catwalk above him, shooting down into his dwindling cover. Mustering his inner strength, he reaches out with his mind, lifting the robot from the catwalk and throwing it into the other two, toppling them to the ground and giving himself a short break from the laser fire, just enough to reassess his cover. He runs and finds a more stable and larger wall between himself and the bots. He grabs his radio. "Hey, these things ain't jokin' around. Watch yerselves on the way down here."

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Passing through a ley line
If Tof1 is ok with it, I’d like for Rill to have topped off the tank with PPE as they passed through the ley line.
    Mysticism: 1d10 (3) +1 (Nymbu staff)
    Mysticism Wild: 1d6 (5) +1
    Total: + 6 PPE

Mysticism 16, Success, 3 raises
Rolls for Rill’s actions:
    Mysticism: 1d10 (10) +1 (Nymbu staff)
    Mysticism Ace!: 1d10 (7) = 18 -2 for Dramatic Task = 16
    Mysticism Wild: 1d6 (1) +1
    PPE spent: 1d6 (3)


Upon arriving at the scene, Rill hops off the back of the hovercycle and thinks, Well, that was certainly an experience. He is unused to doing quite so many barrel rolls and loop de loops, or really any barrel rolls or loop de loops. He gets his feet under him and surveys the scene.

Of course, Rill runs first for the wounded. His eyes glow as he calls upon a miracle to see the auras of the wounded and to diagnose them. “Stand back,” he tells the other survivors, and says a quick prayer. Heavenly light spills from their wounds, sealing them up, and they both come up coughing.

Rill nods to himself. Good.

He turns to the battle with some distaste and thinks to himself. Always, things devolve into violence. Oh, Lord, have patience with us, Your wayward children, and help us to help these who have been caught in the crossfire.

He sees Jack “accidentally” hug the girl, Kim, and shakes his head. That man needs to learn boundaries.

Jack further surprises him by bounding off and almost getting himself killed. As Jack looks for more suitable cover, Rill says another prayer and his staff begins to glow. A bright, silvery light splits the air between the bots and his companions as a heavenly barrier springs into place, shielding the party from incoming fire in that direction and flipping the field of battle in their favor.

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Spellcasting - Success
SC Roll 1d10+1 = 7 (6)
Wild roll 1d6+1 = 6 (5) (+1 Staff, +2 combat spells w/out movement, -2 circumstance)

PPE usage
2d6 (2, 3)


As the rig workers finish relating their knowledge of the situation, Orrin glances up at his team and nods. They'd been situations like this before, and they knew the drill. Blurr would rush forward drawing fire from the enemy. Kim and Jones would pick off key targets at range, and Orrin would provide a flexible magic support as needed.

Right, now what we need is to even out these numbers a bit

Placing a hand on Blurr's shoulder Orrin grants him Midnight's Blessing to provide protection and says "Go for it"

Once Blurr has the attention of the enemy, Orrin stands up over the natural berm and quickly scans the fields. The rig workers supplied enemy numbers, but in the heat of battle, getting an accurate picture of the situation could be difficult. Orrin wanted to make sure there were no living creatures in the field before using the primary power the Federation had drilled into him.

Seeing that the coast is clear, Orrin raises his staff and shouts "Inferno!" just as an eerie howl echoes across the hills of the area. Large balls of fire burst forth from his upraised staff at shoot towards the visible guard robots firing hopelessly on Blurr. Not all of them hit their targets, but the ones that do leave nothing but smoking slags of metal behind.

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Last edited by Orrin Truthseeker on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Over the radio, in between howlings, Silver says, "Try and leave at least one of those tin cans intact there are some questions that need asking."

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
As Orrin raises his staff a second time to throw another volley of fireballs toward the haywire robots, his walkie crackles to life.

Silverclaws wrote:
"Try and leave at least one of those tin cans intact there are some questions that need asking."


Orrin recognizes a good suggestion when he hears one. He switches his staff to his left hand and grabs the walkie from his hip. The team is just as open to good ideas as he is, but just to be safe, he figures he should make it an official order for the rest legion group at least. As he brings the walkie to his mouth, a stray laser hits the berm a few feet in front of him, spraying up chunks of dirt a gravel into the air. Surprised by the blast, Orrin drops the walkie.

I should have known better than to leave my self this exposed. I need to find cover Orrin thinks as he crouches to grab the dropped walkie and scans the area around him for a place of cover. As he does he spots Sev streaking across the uneven ground wtih the grace of a hunting lion.

Excellent. Now I'll have a chance to see what she is capable of.

Walkie and all thoughts of cover forgotten, Orrin reaches behind to his pack and grabs a notepad an pen and starts recording observations as the blue-skinned D-bee takes action. He at least has the presence of mind to lay down prone, though it is likey more to get into a more comfortable writing position than out of concern of being hit by stray fire.

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:39 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Agility Skill Roll, Dirty Trick, Success with a raise 10
Dirty FIghting/Trick Maneuver 1d12 (8) -2 for scene, +4 for Dirty Trick.
Wild Die 1d6 (2) -2 for scene


Severianna holds back at first surveying the scene, her cybernetic eyes searching out her targets and assessing the opportunities. As the hovercycle's load lightens when Rill hops off the back, she slowly exits the vehicle as well and stealthily begins her approach looking for an in to melee.

The Wolfen sprints across the ridge making a very strong presence of himself, and then halts his motion and lets out a huge howl! She thinks, this is my chance to get closer, the robots are looking at large cute stuffy silver fluffy bear. As the others make some moves she waits a bit longer until a large barrier springs into place to shield the party and the survivors. Here we go

Quote:
Rill says another prayer and his staff begins to glow. A bright, silvery light splits the air between the bots and his companions as a heavenly barrier springs into place, shielding the party from incoming fire in that direction and flipping the field of battle in their favor.


Sev runs around behind the barrier while the robots are occupied by Silvers roar, the Cyber Knight and the Barrier. She sees Sir Blurre wading into the melee himself duel wielding his weapons and hacking at the Machines. After her initial sprint around the barrier her Energy Emitting Implants crackle with electricity and light up the air around her in a cool blue flash. In what looks like a Tasmanian Devil of the pre-Rifts cartoon legends she takes a leap and then a step, a turn and a spin and then another step where she starts successive spin moves. What looks like long electrified whips extending out from her hands slashing at the dirt and drawing up dust and debris, whipping rocks, stones, sticks and anything that lies on the ground in all manner of directions, but mostly with intent to knock them into the robots around her. She continues moving through the herd like a cyclone of metal taking another spin step and then slashing her tail at a robot nearly turning its head awkwardly and distracting it some more. Trying her best to give Sir Blurre and Silvers, if he makes it down from the ridge, all the time and opportunity to finish off the machines while she continues to kick up, slap anything to keep the robots busy. She parries a few close calls but continues in Acrobatic, Ballerina like moves almost as if her deadly whipping electronic implants where a ribbon in a gymnastics floor show. Another robot is taken by surprise by a tin can that Sev flew into its arm joint and sticks so that it can't bring it's arm down lower than what looks like a raised hand, asking it's teacher if it could be excused and get a hall pass to use the rest room. Another robot stumbles with all the commotion as Sev knocks it into the robot next to it with a tricky move seeing it was unbalanced and thereby knocking over both robots in one fluid motion.


Once (if) the combat is concluded, Sev attempts to do whatever she can to stop the Rig from exploding.

Computer or Electronic Related Success
Lockpicking is the ability to bypass mechanical and electronic locks. Lockpicking is also used to disarm the catches and triggers on traps, unless a more relevant skill seems appropriate for a particular trap. 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)

_________________
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Boom! Head Shot - You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Let's Settle This - Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
  • Noble Sacrifice - Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead. (Patron Adventure Deck)

Image


Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
[OOC=Notice #]
Notice 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6 (2)
[/OOC]

Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts 1d10 (7)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***

As they passed through the ley line, Kim basked in the power, feeling it charge her.

Kim was grinning foolishly as she slid off the back of the robot horse once they arrived, falling into Jack’s arms, her dark eyes wide as she looked up at him, her fingers splayed across his chest. She quickly wiped it away, though, as she listened to the situation the rig workers explained.

Kim frowned as Jack told her to remain behind while he got shot at. “Bull pucky!” Kim said. She eyed the firing robots and then darted off after Jack. As she ran, she pressed a bright yellow smiley face button on the strap of her backpack.

There was a whirr behind Kim as her backpack opened up. A large gimbal with a mounted weapon popped up over her shoulder. She pulled out a small control device and used the targeting program she had made with it. It spat out a welter of searing hot plasma at the robots, pinning them down as she ran, until she could duck behind Rill’s barrier and Jack’s cover.

Kim grinned at Jack and gave him a thumbs up. As Severiana started up her whirling dervish dance, Kim said, “I’m going for the controls now!” and darted out, sending out another pattering of superheated plasma.

She reached the platform just as Severiana finished tinkering with the controls. “Did you get it?” she asked her friend, looking to check over her work, just to make certain.

***

Conditions:
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars PPE 8/20

Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover


Ley Line charge 5 Success 5 PPE
TW 1d10 (4)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Shooting 5 Success
+2 Machine Maestro
-2 Scene modifier
Shooting 1d10 (5)
Wild 1d6 (2)


TW 7 Success
+2 Machine Maestro
-2 Scene modifier
TW 1d10 (6)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (1)


Power Points used 12
2d6 (6, 6)

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 135
Reply with quote
Despite the new additions - or perhaps because of them - the COT moves into battle like a well-oiled machine.

Silver's distraction works beautifully, drawing fire and attention as Blurre charges in, protected by Orrin's incantation and moving too fast for the robots' optics to track. Once in melee range, his knife-shaped psi-swords begin tearing into the machines, and keeping them from focusing fire toward the ridge, where Jack makes his move toward the rig, followed closely by Kim.

Despite ducking some return fire, the psi-slinger and techno-wizard give far worse than they get, blasting half a dozen of the combat 'bots to bits as they advance on the pump.

Infused with a holy light after healing the ranch hands, Rill calls forth a mystical barrier that effectively splits the robot forces in two, preventing any counter-charge and trapping the bots armed with heavier ordinance on the wrong side of the field. Severianna uses the barrier to mask her own advance, before leaping and twirling among the rifle-armed robots like a dervish, tearing limbs off with her electrified implants. Orrin watches in awe before dropping a fireball of his own, obliterating several robots on the other side of the barrier.

As the others mop up the remainder, Severianna runs to the oil rig's control console, where she begins mashing in commands and code drilled into her by her instructors at Lone Star. The console's encryption is primitive, and she hacks in with little trouble before encountering some strange countermeasures. Running up behind her, Kim offers a couple of quick suggestions that provide a workaround, disabling the majority of the console and restoring the hardwired emergency shutdown protocols. Within minutes, the oil pump screeches to a tortured halt - damaged and in need of a full reboot, but not beyond repair.

Most of the combat bots, on the other hand, are fit only for scrap. Severianna does manage to keep one functioning, after tearing it limb from limb, and it mutters jumbled nonsense, half of it in programmed Western dialect, half in some sort of binary code, with an occasional snippet in an unfamiliar accent you associate with old, pre-Rifts recordings.

<<Whatever is wrong with those things, it's been uploaded into their software>>
Jasco says, radioing in from his position on the other side of the ridge. <<I was monitoring the scanners in my car during the battle, and not a peep passed in or out beyond this valley. Those robots weren't reporting in to anyone, or taking orders. Same with the rig -- whatever virus or algorithm made it go haywire must have been uploaded manually.>>

If anyone wants to examine the robots, roll Knowledge (Computers) or something similar with a -2 penalty:
Success
A cursory analysis shows the robots' factory sentry protocols have been overwritten with some sort of military-grade tactical framework. It's sophisticated stuff, but embedded with some sort of self-actuating encryption that prevents you seeing the detail of the code beyond what's stored in short-term memory.

Success with a raise
A cursory analysis shows the robots' factory sentry protocols have been overwritten with some sort of military-grade tactical framework. It's sophisticated stuff, but embedded with some sort of self-actuating encryption that prevents you seeing the detail of the code that hasn't been accessed in short-term memory.
Curious as to how the code was uploaded, you check the charging station at the oil rig. The hunch pays off, as you find more detailed fragments of the viral code used to deliver the software. You are impressed again by the sophistication, and after a bit of digging find what appears to be a smoking gun: Although the virus wrote over most of the safety measures that kept the robots from firing on workers and legitimate guests, two individuals were left on the administrative "do not target" list: Marl Killian and his elderly father, Rondo.

Interested in salvage? Give me a Repair roll to see what's left intact:
Success
You salvage 1d6 L-20 pulse rifles, which have been modified to tap the robots' onboard power supply but still accept standard e-clips.

Success with a raise
You salvage 2d4 L-20 pulse rifles, which have been modified to tap the robots' onboard power supply but still accept standard e-clips. You also salvage 1d3 heavier weapons of choice from the following list: a WI-GL4 revolving grenade launcher with a full drum of (24) fragmentation grenades; an NG-4 plasma ejector with a full clip and a second taped to the stock; a TX-50 light rail gun with a full magazine.


Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:20 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice 5,7,7 CK X
Notice 1d6 (2) (+2 Sight based rolls - cybernetics) (+2 rolls that only relate to traps and similar devices)
Wild Notice 1d6 (5)
Common Knowledge 1d4-2 = 2 (4)
CK Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)


roll for Salvage:

1d4 (3)


Severianna pokes around the wreckage, curious to see if she can find anything of interest.

_________________
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Boom! Head Shot - You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Let's Settle This - Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
  • Noble Sacrifice - Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead. (Patron Adventure Deck)

Image


Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Notice 5 or 7 scent success , CK 6 success
Notice 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (4)

Common Knowledge 1d8 (6)
Wild CK 1d6 (2)

Watching the conflicts simmer down, Silver starts to do some hard focusing. Sev stills the rig and most of the bots are complete wrecks. Sev displays one head that is still intact and waves it in the air towards Silver.

Bounding down the hillside Silver approaches the trash heap of droid parts. "Best to salvage the weapons, ammo, and working parts. Maybe there is some decent armor plating as well. It appears that everything else will need to be replaced."

Plucking the bot head from Sevarianna, Silver finds a battery source to keep the brain functional. Holding it the head in the palm of his hand, Silver has a brief moment

Yorick I Knew Thee Well
"To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there's the rub:
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause—there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of dispriz'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovere'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action."


Just as quick as the moment happened it is over.

"Kim. Sevarianna. Jasco. Anyone want to take a crack at the droid coding. I can interface with it."

Silver pulls a datajack on a reel from his wrist and a mini screen pops up as well. Silver stands with droid head in right hand and the datajack in his left.

Cyber Wolfen Assist
Silver's components (datajack and mini computer) add a +2 for anyone interfacing with the bot and deciphering details.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Last edited by Silverclaws on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:12 am, edited 4 times in total.



Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Blurre ignores the opportunity for salvage. Instead, as Jasco and Sliver get to work on the rig, and some of the others start picking through the wreckage of the bots, he turns to Orrin. "Perhaps I should go on ahead to the big house with the food? The sooner we open negotiations, the better for the hostages."

If Orrin agrees with this plan, he will begin gathering the food trays from the back of the vehicle, and start off towards the house.

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Notice 13, CK 5
Notice
1d6 (5)

Wild Notice
1d6 (6)
Ace wild die
1d6+6 = 12 (6)
2nd ace wild die
1d6+12 = 13 (1)

CK
1d10 (1)

Wild die CK
1d6 (5)

Jack stares blankly at Kim's amazing techno plasma backpack fire show. Well ah'll be a dumb duck's busted beak. Little lady's got skills.
She moves into cover next to him. "Guess y'ain't much fer listenin'. Ah ain't mad, darlin'. Ah was gettin' mighty lonely bein' the only one gettin' shot at." He flashes a grin at her, and watches as she bolts off for the control panel. Finding his legs again, he follows after her, keeping two guns trained on any threats that might pop up.

As the dust clears from the firefight, Jack holsters his pistols. "Reckon there's any bits we can scrounge up? Ah ain't much fer fixin', but 'tween scrap value and our little firecracker -" He winks at Kim. "- there might be somethin' ta be had littered around here." Blurre's request, however, jolts him back to the more pressing situation. "Hey, he's right. We oughta get a mosey on, if we're gonna save them kids. If'n we're tied off here, let's saddle up. Orrin, ah can give Blurre a ride if you like. Comet'll get us out there quicker'n a shot."

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 (5)
Notice Wild: 1d6 (2)
Notice modifiers: +2 (Awareness), +2 (sight) = 9
Common Knowledge: 1d8 (5)
CK Wild: 1d6 (5)
CK modifier: +2 (HJ) = 7

I’ll update Rill’s post later, but I wanted to get his rolls out of the way. He will check for more wounded after the battle (and activate detect arcana, insofar as that may have a mechanical effect) and then agree with Blurre that it’s time to move on to the house. His normally cautious nature is overridden by the danger to children.

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 13 2 Raises
Notice 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6 (5)


Common Knowledge 3 Fail
Smarts 1d10 (3)
Wild 1d6 (1)


***
Kim beamed at Jack’s praise. “I couldn’t let you have all the fun,” the teen said, and blushed. She turned her focus to sorting through some of the scrap of robots they gathered up. “There are five pulse laser rifles and a plasma ejector,” Kim said, grunting as she hefted the big, heavy weapon to add to the pile. “We should load them onto the Desert Fox or Jasco’s vehicle.”

When Silver brought over the head of one of the robots, Kim used his data jack to plug in her field computer and check it out.

“Hmm…” Kim mused. “Someone overrode the factory settings and installed some sophisticated tactical programming,” she told the others. “It’s a pretty good job. I can’t really see much more from here, but…”

Kim looked like she had a thought and unplugged her computer. She jogged over to the charging station used for the robots and plugged in there. “Just what I thought!” the teen techno-wizard said excitedly. “It was downloaded when they plugged in, erasing most of the safety protocols. But...there are still two people the robots won’t attack.” Kim looked up at the others. “Marl and Rondo Killian. They’re behind this.”

***

Conditions:
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars PPE 8/20


Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
  • Cargo
    • 5 L-20 Pulse rifles modified to tap into onboard power supply, but still accept e-clips
      • Damage: 3d6+1
      • Range: 25/50/100
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • Shots: 40
      • Weight: 7
    • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector with full clip and spare clip
      • Damage: 3d10
      • Range: 24/48/96
      • ROF 1
      • Shots: 12 + spare clip 12
      • Weight: 20


Computers 8 Raise
-2 circumstance
+2 Silver’s equipment
+4 Machine Maestro
Computers 1d6+4 = 8 (4)
Wild 1d6+4 = 5 (1)


Repair 11 Raise
+4 Machine Maestro
Notice 1d8+6 = 11 (5)
Wild 1d6+6 = 8 (2)


Salvage
2d4 (2, 3)
1d6/2 = 0.5 (1)

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Jack looks puzzled. "That don't make sense. Why would the Killians blow up their own rig? Turnin' the bots angry I get. If yer tryin' ta put down a revolt, it's free troops. But the rig don't make sense." He continues to think a moment. "Think the Market creditors pulled this ta make it look like the Killians torched their own operation?"

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Notice 3 - Fail
Notice 1d6 (2)
Wild 1d6 (3)
CK 7 - success
CK 1d10+2 = 7 (5)
Wild 1d10+2 = 5 (3)
Mystic Sight 9 - raise
Spellcasting 1d10+1 = 8 (7)
Wild 1d10+1 = 9 (8)
Chakra Deluge 3 - Fail
For Boosting Repair: Spellcasting 1d10+1 = 3 (2)
Wild 1d10+1 = 3 (2) - this should have been 1d6 but I guess it doesnt matter
PPE used: 5


As the violence subsides, Orrin jogs up to the oil rig. He decides to make himself useful by searching for some salvage with Kim, who has gotten the rig shut down by this point. He switches off his mystical sight and gathers the arcane energy he will need to boost the chakra related to mechanical aptitude. "Chakra Del..."

Orrin is startled and the energy fades harmlessly into the surrounding air when Sir Blurr approaches and says

Sir Blurre wrote:
"Perhaps I should go on ahead to the big house with the food? The sooner we open negotiations, the better for the hostages.".


Pausing for a second to consider Orrin replies "Yes, that is probably a good idea. Go with Jones on that contraption he won. The rebels are unlikely to fire on a knight and renowned marksman without cause, and just the two of you approaching on a horse shouldnt be threatening enough to provoke any rash action"

Having already wasted some of his energy reserves, Orrin takes the time to inspect the rig and nearby robots in the magical spectrum rather than try to magically enhance his abilities again. He triggers his mystical sight and his eyes begin glowing with a pale, unearthly light.

Jasco may not have detected any ingoing or outgoing radio waves, but there are more arcane ways of causing this kind of chaos Orrin thinks as he takes a good look around the rig.

*Conditional on not finding anything*

Orrin listens intently as Kim reveals what she has discovered from hacking the robot charging station.

Jack Bullet Jones wrote:
But the rig don't make sense. Think the Market creditors pulled this ta make it look like the Killians torched their own operation?"[/b]


"I'm just as puzzled as you are Jack" Orrin says frowning as he stares at the discarded robot head. He glances suspiciously at Jasco, wondering if he is somehow inolved in this mess now that Jack has mentioned the Black Market.

"Regardless, we can sort out the details later. Our next priority needs to be getting those children, and Karl for that matter, out of danger"

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Last edited by Orrin Truthseeker on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Blurre gets to work, then, getting the food secured on the horse, and jumps on with Jones. "Shall we?"

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Rill observes Jack and Sir Blurre’s preparations, and turns to Severianna. ”Miss Severianna, would you be so kind as to take me on to the house as well? I believe I could be of some assistance, especially if there are wounded.”

OOC Comments
I know I still need to update his post above, but Rill would not have wanted to be left behind here; it’s the reason he came.

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Rill wrote:
”Miss Severianna, would you be so kind as to take me on to the house as well? I believe I could be of some assistance, especially if there are wounded.”


Orrin points off to the northwest. "The house is just about half a mile up over that ridge" Orrin says, directing his comments to the preacher. "It would be a good idea to stagger our arrival so we dont scare the rebels into thinking we are coming to take the home back by force. If we walk from here, we should arrive only a few minutes after Sir Blurr and Jones arrive."

Oblivious to the fact the the preacher is anxious to help Orrin looks to Rill, expecting him to agree.

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Orrin Truthseeker wrote:
Notice
Notice Original post: 1d6 (3)
Wild Original post: 1d6 (3)


Rill wrote:
”Miss Severianna, would you be so kind as to take me on to the house as well? I believe I could be of some assistance, especially if there are wounded.”


Orrin points off to the northwest. "The house is just about half a mile up over that ridge" Orrin says, directing his comments to the preacher. "It would be a good idea to stagger our arrival so we dont scare the rebels into thinking we are coming to take the home back by force. If we walk from here, we should arrive only a few minutes after Sir Blurr and Jones arrive."

Oblivious to the fact the the preacher is anxious to help Orrin looks to Rill, expecting him to agree.


”Be that as it may, I would prefer to be there from the start, if Miss Severianna is willing. I am not entirely without skill in negotiations, should Sir Blurre require assistance, and I am known to the members of the household. And if shooting starts, minutes can cost lives.”

OOC Comments
If Sev is on board with the plan, Rill will hop on the bike and head out with her.

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Jack nods at Orrin. Jumping into the saddle and joining the cyber knight, he spurs the horse on towards the house. He cocks his head around a bit to speak to Blurre. "Ah ain't gonna bust orders. Sounds like Orrin gave ya lead on this. But if'n ya need ta swap out fer the talkin', ah bet ah can talk 'em down without a whole lotta fuss. If'n ya want me in a side door instead, ah can figger where they're hidin', either take 'em out or try somethin' else. Just call the shot. The kids're top priority." He checks the safety on the TX-26 at his left side. "If we need ta, ah bet ah can pick 'em off from outside." He nods down at the rifle slung in a scabbard along the side of the horse.

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Blurre considers as they ride up to the Big House. "No, I think you are right--you take the lead in there talking them down, while I provide support, and if permitted, help to calm the hostages. As you say, our first concern is their safety." He declines the opportunity to point out that Bullet is clearly the more charming, judging by Kim's reaction. This isn't the appropriate venue for that discussion... --though it will definitely need to be had.

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Notice 7, success or 9 scent, success, raise , CK 15, success, raise x2
Notice 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Wild Notice 1d6 (4)

CK 1d8 (7)
Wild CK 1d6 (6)
Ace Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace Ace 1d6 (3)


Information gathered from the robot brain are downloaded into the empty memory space on Silver's personal mini-computer. The bot brain wiped, Silver flexes and crushes the metal head, like a beer can (if they still had those now). The "bot rock" he stores in his pack. Searching the remaining heads and such, he makes an effort to acquire a few more "bot rocks".

Seeing that everyone seems to be heading North towards the ranch house, Silver takes off west from the well and then finds cover to sneak up to the ranch house going North.
disregard
Extra Rolls
1d8+2 = 10 (8)
1d6 (3)
1d8 (7)
1d6 (2)

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Quote:
”Miss Severianna, would you be so kind as to take me on to the house as well? I believe I could be of some assistance, especially if there are wounded.”


Sev looks up at Rill, "Sure thing. Happy to drive you anywhere you like, hop on! I like this machine. It's super fun."

The blue skinned girl follows the plan, whatever that may be without contribution or additions at this point.

I'm just happy to have something to do. Not sure what this is all about, but I like beating up on robots. That was fun! She smiles as Orrin while she is thinking to herself. He seems nice for a human.

_________________
Severianna
Quick Stats
Night Crawler, MARS PC, DESCRIPTION, ETC
Bennies: 4/4
Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0,-4 CS; Pace: 6; Parry: 13; Toughness: Light Armor 12 (4), Tactical Armor 14 (6) Light Armor + shield 16 (4),
2 shields 20 (4), Tactical + shield 20 (6), 2 shields 24 (6)

Hindrances: Clueless; Vow to help other slaves/captured creatures; Loyal to friends; InHuman; Curiosity, Wanted; Coalition, Quirk - touchy tail
Notice d6 (+2 that relates to traps and similar devices, +2 sight based rolls (cybernetic eyes), Common Knowledge d4-4, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d4-2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Acrobat +2 Agility rolls, Dirty Fighter +4 w/Acrobat on trick moves, Tricky Fighter no multi-action penalty for tricks, Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel ignore 2 pts of wound penalties, Combat Reflexes +2 to Spirit rolls to recover from Shaken, Prehensile Tail that gives an additional non-movement action each round.
Adventure cards:
  • Boom! Head Shot - You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Let's Settle This - Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
  • Noble Sacrifice - Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead. (Patron Adventure Deck)

Image


Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 6 Success
Notice 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts 1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (5)


***

As everyone packed up to leave, that left Kim with Jasco. “So…” the teen said, a bit shyly.

She climbed into the Big Boss in the passenger seat as Jasco drove them to the ranch house. She checked her pack and frowned. She had used a lot of power in that fight with the robots. She could recharge it, but it might be better if she used some of her other gear.

***

Conditions:
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars PPE 8/20


Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
  • Cargo
    • 5 L-20 Pulse rifles modified to tap into onboard power supply, but still accept e-clips
      • Damage: 3d6+1
      • Range: 25/50/100
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • Shots: 40
      • Weight: 7
    • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector with full clip and spare clip
      • Damage: 3d10
      • Range: 24/48/96
      • ROF 1
      • Shots: 12 + spare clip 12
      • Weight: 20

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 135
Reply with quote
Orrin
Examining the area for mystical auras reveals nothing but the trails left by a couple of odd, rabbit-sized purple slugs living on the underside of the rig, and those seem largely harmless. Whatever went on here didn't involve any spellcasting.

Orrin and Kim linger at the rig for a moment, loading salvage into Jasco's Roundabout, as Jack and Blurre gallop off toward the Killian's Big House, followed closely by Severianna and Rill on the Desert Fox. Silver lopes after on foot, his path cutting through the scrub toward the north in order to approach the ranch obliquely.

It's only half a mile from the rig to the Big House and the going is easy, across arid fields with scrub chewed down to the roots by Killian's hardy, altered-strain cattle (the raptors, fortunately, are kept in pens to the west of the ranch). Green scrub reappears once you jump the fence that separates the fields from the grounds surrounding the compound, which is surrounded by a thick screen of trees sustained by a reservoir of precious water.
Image

As Jack and Blurre draw within 100 yards of the house, a whoomp sound echoes from the porch and a fast-moving sphere arcs out toward them, falling 10 yards short of their position and about the same distance to the west. It erupts -- into a cloud of thick, yellow smoke.

"That there is far enough," calls an amplified, metallic voice that you quickly track to a 'Borg standing in the shade of the porch, in full view but just a step away from the cover of a reinforced column. Scratched and dented, the 'Borg appears to be a mining model, it's right arm ending in a massive drill while the left is a powerful claw. Just behind him, the smaller figure of a serape-cloaked human can be seen holding a grenade launcher. Smoke twists from the barrel.

"The next one will be a frag, if you come any closer," the 'Borg says, his pose and tone indicating a carefully-cultivated boredom. "I'm not sure who you are, but we're not receiving visitors at the moment. And if you get pushy, I assure you we can push harder. I've got two dozen, well-armed men inside, and a perimeter-defense system that'll cut you into enough pieces they'll be able to save on a coffin and just bury you in a bucket."

Notice success
You spot at least a dozen shapes peering out of windows or from cover on the porch. You can also make out a couple of mechanical emplacements that might conceal retractable turrets or other nasty defensive surprises.

Notice success with a raise
The men you can see are armed, but mostly with pistols and rifles, nothing particularly heavy other than that grenade launcher. And unless a lot are hiding inside, there are half as many as the 'Borg claims.

Common Knowledge success
Old Rondo Killian is known as a paranoid sonofabitch, and his son Marl doubly so. You don't doubt they'd install a first-rate security system. And with them raising raptors and other beasts, it's bound to be deadly.

Common Knowledged success with a raise
Word around town is that Marl took over operation of his ranch a few years back after his pa came down with a stroke. Rumor has it the old man hasn't really recovered and is bed-ridden. That means Marl would be the one with the codes for the security defenses ... Now, you can't imagine Marl is the sort to be sharing those codes, and from what Gazzer told you, he ain't home.

There are a whole lot of ways you can go here, so I won't presume. If you want to try something, give me an appropriate roll and we'll use those to determine how the situation develops ... or goes to hell.


Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Notice 3, CK 9
Notice
1d6 (2)

Wild die Notice
1d6 (3)

Common Knowledge
1d10 (9)

Wild die CK
1d6 (3)


Jack pulls up on the horse after the smoking sphere lands. Friendly fellas. Jack dismounts slowly.

Persuasion 8
Persuasion
1d4+6 = 8 (2)

Wild die Persuasion
1d6+6 = 8 (2)


He calls out in his slowest Texas drawl. "Easy now, fellas. We ain't here fer violence. See? Don't even need the guns." He slowly, between index finger and thumb, lifts both of his pistols out of the holsters and sets them on the ground next to him. "Ain't even really here fer a visit. Ah believe ah'd call it a mission of mercy. Y'all got kids in there, don't ya? We're just here ta make sure they're fed and healthy. Got vittles aplenty packed up here. Maybe enough fer your crew, too, if'n they ain't heavy eaters." He advances, ever so slowly, to get in front of the smoke. He halts once he's in full view, hands up and out to his sides.

"Ah ain't interested in spillin' blood. Ah'm really out here 'cause a purty little lady cares about them kids. Ah'll admit, I'm a mite curious about what ya think yer gonna get outta this takin', though. Ah heard tell Old Man Killian ain't got two creds ta rub together. Y'all gonna get paid off?" Jack pauses for effect.

"How?"

He hears Silver's transmission regarding the numbers in the house.

"Ah'm a bit of a gambler. Ah'll make ya a wager. Ah'll bet if the folks Rondo owes get wind of this here ruckus, they won't take kindly to it. Maybe ya got the firepower ta hold me and my partner here off. That ain't hard. We ain't here fer violence, like ah said. Left my guns back ten paces. Y'all could hold us off by spittin' at us. But, havin' my share of time at the tables, ah bet ah can read a bluff when ah see it. If the folks expectin' payment ride out here ta collect, whaddya think they're gonna do when they show up and find out yer all hat and no cattle? Ah promise ya they got numbers and guns, and they don't like changin' dance partners. Makes 'em jumpy."

Jack eases forward just a few steps, slowly.

"Listen, fellas. Ya got a bone ta pick with Rondo and Marl? Get in line. But them kids don't need ta be in the house when the collectors show up ta level the place with y'all in it. And if Marl...hey. He gave ya the codes fer the turret defense? That don't seem like him." Playing at exasperation, he laughs a hearty belly laugh, shakes his head and waves off his own statement with his hands, dismissing what he just said. "Shucks, never mind. That don't even matter. If Marl comes back ta take the place, he probably knows yer numbers and guns better'n ah can guess at. Either that scares him, or it don't. And if it don't...ya got yerself another set of problems."

He stares intently at the inhabitants of the porch. "This where y'all wanna make yer stand? In somebody else's house? Fer what? Credits the Killians don't have? Y'all gonna talk them creditors inta dealin' with you? Ah'm tellin' ya right now, they ain't changin' partners, and y'all don't wanna owe their kind what ah hear the Killians owe."

He chuckles to himself. "Shoot. Ah didn't even mean ta ramble on like that. Ah apologize. Y'all think we can trade ya some food fer some kids? We'll run 'em back ta town, and y'all can sort out yer gripes with the Killians and the Market collectors, and hopefully some of ya walk away more or less in one or two pieces." He smiles a winning smile and waits for a reply.

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Last edited by Jack Bullet Jones on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Silver using his cybernetics does a head count for distinct figures. "Jack. Blurre. The Borg is bluffing the numbers of men inside. Maybe a dozen men moving back and forth in front of the ranch house windows. Grenade Launcher seen. Pistols and Rifles. No heavy ordinance."

"One question still remains, how did the Borg get to the ranch house without activating the perimeter security. I don't recall hearing about the Killians hiring Borgs. Something to check on." Then the comm lines go silent as silver watches and listens to the events unfold.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 11, CK 17, Psionics 7
Notice: 1d8 (4)
Notice Wild: 1d6 (6)
Wild Ace!: 1d6 (1)
Notice modifiers: +2 (Awareness) +2 (sight) = 11
CK: 1d8 (2)
CK Wild: 1d6 (6)
Wild Ace!: 1d6 (6)
CK Wild Ace Ace!: 1d6 (3)
CK modifiers: +2 (HJ) = 17
Psionics: 1d8 (7)
Psi Wild: 1d6 (6)
Wild Ace!: 1d6 (1)


Rill steps off the cycle and says ”This isn’t right. Marl is the one with the security codes, but, per our dwarf friend, he isn’t home. Let me take a look inside. Everybody hold for a moment”

Rill’s eyes turn glassy, almost like mirrors, and he projects his sight and hearing through the walls and into the house.

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Persuasion 4, add 1 to Bullet roll
Persuasion 1d4+2 = 3 (1)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Sir Blurre, meanwhile, steps up behind Bullet, hanging back a few paces, carrying the food crate. "My associate is telling the truth, gentlemen--no violence, just food, and seeing to the welfare of the innocents who might be caught in the crossfire. And let's face it, if those kids come to harm, this fortress you've holed up in will become your prison--even if you fend off those baying for your blood, you won't be able to leave."

_________________
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Bennies: X/X
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 14/d12+1; Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by technology) Toughness: 10/12 (4)
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Champion (+2 Tough/Fight Damage vs. evil supernatural); Charge & Overrun (May run as free action if followed by Fighting attack; if running, add +2 Damage and Shaken = Prone); Ambi-Dextrous & Two-Fisted (attack both hands, no MAP/off-hand); Common Bond (may share Bennies)
ISP: 20/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)
Adventure cards: TBD


Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
(Rolls Held: Notice 11, CK 17)

Rill flips the switch to turn on his radio and says “Heads up, it appears we have a dozen or so hostile individuals in front of us, six inside and six outside the house. Four of those outside are in the trees, two on the porch. They all appear dangerous, and one of the men in the trees and one of those inside have the aura of true killers.

The hostages are being held in one of the interior rooms. I’m seeing six children of differing ages, three women, and Rondo, who is bedridden. All appear unharmed. There are two men guarding the hostages, and they are clearly nervous. They are babbling almost incessantly. The room where they are being held is full of medical equipement, and is presumably where Rondo has been receiving treatment. The children are understandably frightened, and the women appear quite angry. Rondo looks to be entirely non-responsive.

Besides the two guarding the hostages, two more men appear to be in the kitchen and dining area, which is quite expansive, and two more are watching from windows on either side of the house.

No one is saying anything of note, other than that they weren’t thrilled to see us. It seems Jack and Sir. Blurre have at least avoided hostilities for now, which is a good start. If we can just keep them talking, maybe we can get some of us inside to look in on the children.”

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Common Knowledge 19 3 Raises
Smarts 1d10 (10)
Ace 1d10 (9)
Wild 1d6 (5)


***

Kim pulled up in the ATV and got out, listening to the chatter. That Borg would be a problem, but he didn’t seem to have many ranged options. The grenade launcher would be bad. And she wasn’t sure what the perimeter defenses would be like. Probably bad, from the rumors of Marl Killian’s paranoia.

Kim moved behind the cover of the truck. Rill and Silver seemed to have the map of the situation handled, but Kim wanted to be sure of a few things.

“I’m going to take a walk around,” Kim informed the others, hiking up her pink backpack.

Making sure to keep well away from the house to not appear threatening, Kim scanned the compound with her armor’s magic optic system, looking for any magical beings or signatures that would indicate the presence of a spellcaster. She was also looking to see how the compound powered itself. Did it have a generator, a solar or nuclear plant? And was there a rear entrance, or maybe a cellar, somewhere someone could sneak in?

***

Conditions:
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars PPE 8/20


Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
  • Cargo
    • 5 L-20 Pulse rifles modified to tap into onboard power supply, but still accept e-clips
      • Damage: 3d6+1
      • Range: 25/50/100
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • Shots: 40
      • Weight: 7
    • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector with full clip and spare clip
      • Damage: 3d10
      • Range: 24/48/96
      • ROF 1
      • Shots: 12 + spare clip 12
      • Weight: 20


Techno Wizardry 19 3 Raises
TW 1d10+4 = 14 (10)
Ace 1d10 (9)
Wild 1d6+4 = 10 (6)
Ace 1d6 (2)

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Notice 14, CK 10
Notice 1d6 (6)
Notice Aced 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Notice Ace Aced 1d6+12 = 14 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (4)
CK 1d10+4 = 10 (6)
Wild CK 1d6+4 = 6 (2)


As Jasco pulls the vehicle around to the ranch Orrin takes in how the situation has developed so far. Jack, standing a few feet from his pistols hands non-threateningly in the air, is clearly in range of the grenade launcher held by a small figure behind the a borg on the porch.

Jack's gotten himself in range, and no one's tried to shoot him yet. Things must be going well.

Kim starts making a trip around the ranch, giving the building itself a wide berth, and Orrin recognizes when she is using her devices for magical detection. Thinking she's got the magical spectrum covered, and it might be a good idea to keep his abilities hidden for now, Orrin heads over to Blurr to get caught up on what he's missed.

With the details of the borgs comments in mind, and intelligence provided by Rill's unique abilities, Orrin grabs his radio and raises it to his face.

"Alright everyone. Let's try and keep this nice and calm as long as we can. No sudden movements, no Heroic antics. If this goes to hell, we don't want to give anyone back in town any reason to think we shot first...".

Orrin smiles to himself, as he can't help but make the connection to the old pre-rifts movie Tarn introduced him to.

Jack could totally be that smuggler. And Kim kinda has that same naive spunk as the princess. Blurr's a knight, and Silver is a big furry...

Orrin shakes his head and comes back to reality.

We've got to find out what they are looking to get from this before we do anything. In the mean time, does anyone know how the Killians would have had this security system programmed? From what I hear they are way too paranoid to share the access codes outside the trusted family, so the security system for the ranch is likely set up however the Killian's usually keep it. That or someone with some serious hacking capability is in league with these guys. Maybe our saboteur from the rig?

_________________
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4 ; Fatigue: 0/3 ; PPE: 35/15; Staff PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4 +1
Toughness: 8(3)
Active Powers (None)
Active Effects (None)

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness)

Bennies: 4/3

Aventure Cards:
Jokers gone Wild Play this card to swap your Initiative Card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Update Signature


Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am
Posts: 135
Reply with quote
The big mining 'Borg stays silent as Jack makes his pitch, continuing to lean nonchalantly on one of the porch columns, though you see a few of the other ranch hands shift nervously, fingers on triggers, as first Severianna and Rill arrive, then soon after Jasco's Roundabout approaches and stops at a respectful distance.

"I reckon you've summed up our predicament, gambler," the 'Borg says. "But you've overlooked a couple things. First being, so long as Marl Killian is alive, the only thing keeping him from coming after us is these hostages. He looked unhappy when he lit out of here, and I have no doubt he's planning on coming back at us soon as he's rounded up some help, but at least he'll think twice about firing mini-missiles at us while his kin are in here with us."

"'Course, even if Marl wasn't set on taking all our heads, we've still got a problem, 'cause we're all out of jobs. He made it quite clear he wasn't interested in selling to the Black Market. Him being dead might help, if it didn't spook the Market too much, but I reckon the old man could sign and give it at least the appearance of a legitimate sale. But the old man ain't woken up since we've been here, and the Market ain't likely to come by to parlay while Marl's still out there running around."

"As for food, you're welcome to keep it. We've got plenty of stores in here, and that's assuming Marl doesn't show up and blow everyone to Kingdom Come."

As the 'Borg's response is relayed via radio, Jasco chimes in, suggesting that Jack ask after two gentlemen by the names of Raqqa and Wago.

When the request is relayed, the 'Borg lets out a metallic snort.

"Oh, those two were the ones that started this whole mess, talking the rest of the us into forcing Marl to sell to the Market. They were also the first to draw down on Marl and his men, and the first to get their heads blown off. The rest of them is on the burn pile out back. I'd invite you to take a look, but if you get any closer someone's liable to shoot you."

As the back-and-forth is going on, Rill relays what he sees from his clairvoyant survey of the house. Kim, meanwhile, makes a quick sweep of the outer areas of the ranch. Her arcane scouting uncovers a few choice bits of information:

  • She spots solar panels on the roofs of several of the larger buildings, as well as a separate array near the reservoir. Still, based on the size of the place there's almost certainly a nuclear generator somewhere, as well.
  • She's quite confident that the perimeter-defense system is inactive. No hint of movement, no active sensors, not even the hum of an electric line out here.
  • She spots no active arcane signatures. Based on the faint auras she can make out near the ranch house, a few of the ranch hands might be minor psionics, but nothing of significance. She does find evidence that one or more powered individuals were here recently, engaged in a battle of some sort -- char marks on the fence in a few places are more consistent with electrical burns, and some plasma scorching carries a faint aura of techno-wizardry. All of it's at least a couple of hours old, however.


Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Notice 8 or 10 for scent, success, raise CK 11, success, raise
Notice 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Notice Wild 1d6 (1)

Common Knowledge 1d8 (1)
CK Wild 1d6 (3)

* Benny - CK 1d8 (8)
* Aced Benny CK 1d8 (3)


Silver acknowledges the chatter coming across his comms and decides its time to utilize a distraction. Either the herd or the raptors.

"I am heading after the critters. Either the cattle or the raptors. The piled up dead carcases should be enough to attract the raptors."

Silver begins moving back wards slowly on his stomach towards the west and being out of visuals of the ranch.

_________________
SILVERCLAWS
Quick Stats
Character Name: Silverclaws
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 25 Advances Left: 0
Race: Wolfen
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno-Warrior

Bennies: 3/4
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+1, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Size: +1; Strain: 18/20
Hindrances:
  • Code of Honor Wolfen society places great value on justice and rule of law meaning all Wolfen live by a strict code of honor.
  • Distinctive D-Bee: -4 Charisma with CS citizens.
  • Non-Standard Physiology Cannot wear standard armor; Trait rolls related to driving a vehicle or firing a vehicle’s weapons are at -2 penalty.
  • Enemy (Major): Hated and targeted by vampires and supernatural beings
  • Wanted (Minor): CS - Lone Star
  • Habit(Minor):I am a wolf and do wolf things. So I periodically howl at the moon. What of it?
  • Overconfident: Hold my beer ...

Notice d8+2 (d8+4 if scent or sound), Common Knowledge d8, Intimidation d10, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.

Adventure cards:
  • (33) Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any Trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (14) In the Zone Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.


Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Notice 7, CK 12
Notice: 1d8 (3)
Notice Wild: 1d6 (3)
Notice modifiers: +2 (Awareness) +2 (sight) = 7
CK: 1d8 (6)
CK Wild: 1d6 (6)
CK Wild Ace!: 1d6 (4)
CK modifiers: +2 (HJ) =12


To Jack, Rill says, “If healing a man could help to alleviate this situation, perhaps you could convince them to allow me inside?”

_________________
Character Summary
Rill Lightwalker a Fennodi Mystic
Active effects: None
Parry: 9 (w/staff)
Toughness: 11(5)
Notable Edges/Abilities: Danger Sense, Alertness, Senses Supernatural beings w/Notice roll (Mystic ability), Infravision (halve darknes penalties against enemies who generate heat), +2 to Notice for sight, Healer
Skills: Fighting d10, Riding d4, Stealth d4, Notice d8 (+2 for Awareness, +2 for sight), Psionics d8, Survival d6 +2 (from HJ), Streetwise d4 +2 (from HJ), Knowledge (Occult) d6, Mysticism d10, Persuasion d4
Miracles: Banishment (banish), Wall of Defense (barrier), See Aura (detect arcana), Prayer (divination), Restoration (greater healing), Heal Wounds (healing), Daylight (light), Cloud (obscure), Sustain (succor).
Psionics: Protective Energy Aura (armor), Remote Viewing (clairvoyance), Ghost Walk (intangibility), Telepathy (telepathy)
Equipment of Note: Blessed Nymbu staff, holds 10 PPE and 2 powers (banish and barrier), +1 Parry
Charisma: +2 with all but those who dislike Mystics
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/3 | ISP: 6/10 | PPE: 15/15
Staff PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 4/3
    +1 for success with a raise on scene 1 quick combat
Adventure Cards:
    Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
    Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
Rill Character Sheet
Signature


Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Notice 11, CK 18, Persuasion 15
Notice
1d6 (3)

Wild Notice
1d6 (6)

Ace notice with prior result
1d6+6 = 11 (5)

CK
1d10 (10)

Ace CK with prior
1d10+10 = 18 (8)

WD CK
1d6 (6)

Ace WD CK with prior
1d6+6 = 7 (1)

Persuasion
1d4+6 = 10 (4)

Ace persuasion with prior
1d4+10 = 14 (4)

2nd Ace persuasion
1d4+14 = 15 (1)

WD Persuasion
1d6+6 = 9 (3)


Jack nods and smiles. "Reckon Raqqa and Wago got what they deserved. Couple hotheads, them two, and nary a lick of sense 'tween 'em." He listens to Rill's suggestion. A smile creeps over his face.

"Yer right, hoss. Ah didn't figger on y'all usin' kids fer a shield. Yer in an ugly spot though. Ah get it. Dice've been thrown and yer tryin' not ta crap out. But ah reckon, we keep talkin' through this problem, we might could find a good deal where we all go home in one piece." He glances back at Rill. Jack scratches at the stubble on his jaw, a show of thinking over a problem he already knows the answer to. "How 'bout this, fellas? Ah believe we might just put this ta bed, throw ol' Marl a little kicker on the river. My partner here might could bring old man Killian back ta his senses, maybe wake 'em up. Man of particular skill with healin'. Rondo might be in a bad way, but ah don't reckon my partner's been out ta see him. Y'all got a better chance of talkin' the old man inta sellin' if he's awake and listenin'."

He waits to let his offer sink in, then continues. "Y'all allow safe conduct fer my partner, Rill, ta get a look at old man Killian. See if he can help. If'n Rill can put the old man to rights, y'all get ta plead yer case ta the man who can authorize the sale and we can all go home, no shots fired. If Rondo's past where the Good Lord's shepherd can bring him back, no loss. Our man comes back out and we keep workin' a solution. Y'all ain't got nothin' ta lose on that deal."

Jack smiles at the occupants of the front porch. "Whaddya say, fellas? Reckon we can try ta help y'all out?"

_________________
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Bennies: 2 (-1 extra effort psionics, oil rig)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 9 (3)
ISP: 20/30
Active Powers: None
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick
Armor: NG Maverick
  • +3 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
Weapon(s) in hand:
Right hand: Shard Pistol
Left hand: TX-26
Adventure Cards:
    Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next Trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.
    Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12" lose their next action.
    Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for rest of the scene.
Edit Signature


Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:52 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 am
Posts: 35
Location: Wheaton, IL
Reply with quote
Notice 9 Raise
Notice 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Ace 1d4 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)


Common Knowledge 8 Raise
Smarts 1d10 (8)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***




***

Conditions:
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars PPE 8/20


Vehicle
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
  • Cargo
    • 5 L-20 Pulse rifles modified to tap into onboard power supply, but still accept e-clips
      • Damage: 3d6+1
      • Range: 25/50/100
      • ROF 4
      • AP 2
      • Shots: 40
      • Weight: 7
    • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector with full clip and spare clip
      • Damage: 3d10
      • Range: 24/48/96
      • ROF 1
      • Shots: 12 + spare clip 12
      • Weight: 20

_________________
Kim Black
Kim Black, Novice Human Techno-Wizard
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 19/15
Powers On:
Combat Edges:
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart


Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.