13.1 Interlude - A Stressful Situation

What's come before
Ndreare
Savage Siri

13.1 Interlude - A Stressful Situation

Post by Ndreare »

The stress of the negotiations and the potential of falling completely to the Coalition Forces no existent Mercy has many of you thinking about other situations like this and how they did not end well.
REWARD OPPORTUNITY
Create an interlude about a time in the past your character has been stuck with little or no way out, how it went south and what it cost your character.

The theme of the interlude must be defeat.

On completion you may have an additional Benny or Adventure Card.

Complete this task before Friday 6:30 AM PST and you may have both.
The adventure deck can be referenced here: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1862
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Miles RAD Radoslav

Re: 13.1 Interlude - A Stressful Situation

Post by Miles RAD Radoslav »

Sir William turned aside from the radio and looked at Hardin and Brison. "What do you know of the training of a cyber knight?" he asked. At their shrugs, he went on. "Learning the way of the cyber knight... it is a heady path. Power and strength at your fingertips can be a temptation. Some knights have turned away from the path of honor, and these are among the most dangerous beings you will ever encounter. To prove their worth, cyber knights in training must face a series of trials. One of those... it is hard to recount.

"The purpose of the trial is to show that even the best cyber knight can always fail, can always fall. The trial is one against many, and the trainers keep feeding in cyber knights until the trainee falls. It is non-lethal combat, but certainly not painless. And the pain is not only of the body. Some trainees - they simply cannot go on after. Their swords will no longer come to their hands.

"Like all cyber knights, I faced this trial, and I entered it filled with pride. I would be the first to defeat all the contenders and remain standing. At the end, beaten bloody and face down in the dust, my pride left me, and for the first time in my training, I knew despair. My dreams of being the greatest cyber knight in history were shattered. It took two more years of training before I felt ready to enter the world, two years in which Tolkeen fell and the cyber knights were divided. Two years in which Lord Coake's heart broke at the fracture in the order he had founded. I will always wonder if I could have made a difference in that fight, if my voice or my swords could have kept the order intact. I will always wonder which side I would have chosen, had I had the courage to go on after that first, bitter defeat."
Rad
Character Name: Miles "RAD" Radoslav
Parry:8/7, Toughness: 13/5
ISP:
10 /10
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 3
Kaja Earthblooded
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Kaja Earthblooded »

Brison nods to the cyber-knight. "Sad to say, but when you guys captured us was not the first time I'd been captured, and far from the worse. Bossman was a soft touch on us. About a month before, we'd been after this group of wild psi-stalkers. Mostly we leave them alone, but this tribe had been raiding armories and supply depots. Turns out they selling it to Kingsdale, but that's neither here nor there. Most of them are like that pair. Creepy, always making you feel like you're going to literally be lunch, not just devour any psychic energy you have. They caught us one night after we had camped. Can't stay in power armor all the time after all. They beat us senseless, and then beat on us some more for the fun of it. Real sadistic types. Turns out the whole tribe had begun to worship some murderous D-bee that was making them think it was some ancestor of theirs made flesh. It was also a psychic vampire, just like them. Except it fed on fear and rage. Worse time I've ever seen, even in my short career. It's hard for that not to stick with you."
Kaja the Earthblooded of House Ragan
Kaja Stonesinger Dwarf, Dilettante and Earthcaller Bard; Kaja's Journal
Parry: 6, Toughness: 7 (2)
Benny/Conviction/Wound/Fatigue/PP Tracking
Ludwig, Guard Boar
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

She listens to the others and thinking about their situation elicits a response from her. "Reminds me of the instance that drove me in the arms of the Tommorrow Legion. My one crowning achievement to be utterly humiliated while trying to do something good for the region." A long painful sigh escapes from behind her mask.

"I traveled through the Magic zone and attempted to join the ranks of the 'True' Federation of Magic." Despite the tense situation she still puts the squeaky spin on the word true. "Living up to the reputation of my ancestors I thought I could strike a blow for good against the corruption that rotted the inside of Dunscons forces. Perhaps eventually strike him down. Some might think that was an impossible goal and they would be right. I thought I could pretend to be one of their rank and file and work my way in.

"That is not to be the case in the short run. I join one marauder band that fought with the locale scum to achieve some form of dominance and notice to the powers that be. I scouted them specifically because they were being viewed by recruiters for their effective use of brutality. When they were sought out for a mission I had all ready join their ranks to go along with them. Nothing more than a smash and grab against another rival gang. The FoM associate wanted the area for his own ends and needed muscle to clear the way for him. I had no problem casting spells to burn away the vermin. They would have gone on to prey on innocents eventually. Considering the flow of refugees coming into the Magic Zone after the fall of Tolkien, there were plenty of victims to go around.

"So we got him a big house and he invited us in for the victory feast." Her fist gradually tightens into a tight ball. "Somehow he had acquired a special menu, one made from the flesh of children; human. Perhaps from around the area, I know not. It was so surprising, so shocking, I lost myself for a moment. My rage was so intense I blasted a hole through his chest before he realized what I had done. I killed a few more from his retinue and when my associates stepped in I struck them down as well." A dark smile behind the mask. "I suppose they were going to let me continue running with them after I killed their only chance to make it big.

"I fled, barely escaping." She lets her fist open and flop over in her lap. "I fled into the wilderness, into the dark ravine and wood to hide from my murderous pursuers. It was the most unpleasant of experience, but I had no one to blame but myself. I put myself there in the first place, not realizing to what extent the level of evil I was dealing with. I could pretend to be evil, but I could never be them. I took it upon myself to think I knew better and that arrogance was a poor substitute for knowledge."

She fidgets now, "and because of that I had to leave behind good people who cared about me. To stay would put them in danger of discovery and I could not do that to them. They were the ones to warn me that my mission was a fools errand and they were correct. Now the FoM awaits for my return to settle accounts for killing one of their own. A failure I need to absolve myself on by doing some good in the world..."
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Character Name: Fauxalyn, Foxx
Parry: 5; Toughness: 5, Armor: 12 (+7), Spell & Armor: 22 (+7 & +10)
PP: 65/25
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Observation Sphere
  • Ley Line Phasing
Bennies: 2

Edges:
  • Improved Rapid Recharge
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Armor/Greater Armor, Bolt/Onslaught, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel/Exalted Dispel, Invisibility/True Invisibility, Teleport/Greater Teleport

Legendary Trait:
  • World of Badass - Wild dice now 1d8

Return to “Adventure Archive”