Town Square

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Town Square

Post by Corrigon »

A woman swiftly approaches your group as you approach the centre of town. This woman looks to be in her late thirties, with wavy brown hair and purple, amethyst coloured eyes. Her pointed ears, her eyes, and her facial features all indicate a close relation with Von. The woman is limping; assisted by a crutch she holds under one arm. Her leg looks to be wounded and has been awkwardly bandaged.
“Von! You’re safe!” Her voice is filled with a mingling of concern and relief. Von runs towards the woman, shouting “Mom!” Soon, the two are embracing. The woman lifts her head with tears glistening in her eyes to regard you.

“My name is Lithari, strangers. You have my gratitude for bringing my son home safely. I am the Mayor of Garnet Town, and you are welcome to our hospitality.”

Turning back to her son, she hugged him again, happy that her son was back with her.

“Von, what happened?” she asked.

“I was out by the river trying to find some food, when some of those cyborg things turned up and tried to grab me. I was running for the bridge, when they arrived and absolutely stomped them into the ground.” He explained excitedly, the terror of the incident now seemingly lost.

“Mica blew one to pieces with her bike, Kidemonas stomped on them, Savant sliced through them like they weren’t there and Penny their leader saved me,” pointing to each of you in turn, “It was awesome Mum, they can stomp those Black Marketeers back into next week.”
OOC Comments
Von has assumed Penny is in charge. There should be at least a nominal person in charge and who is in charge of the team is up to yourselves and whether you want to correct Von.
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Town Square

Post by Penny Wise »

"Oh, sure, I'll let you use mine," said Penny to Kidemónas. "Just as long as you don't look in the folder marked 'tax info.' Ah, no reason."

At Von's mentioning of the Black Market, she turned to the guards, raising an eyebrow. "You're having trouble with the Bee Emm, I take it?"
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Once they've been introduced, Savant nods to the Mayor. "Our pleasure. You've got missing people, we hear?"
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Not wanting to look foolish, or too impulsive Kidemónas lets the others do the talking. Instead using his time to around the small settlement at any other people who may be in sight, eventually he turns to the mayor and tries to smile warmly.

Notice 8
Danger Sense on Notice -2 = 6 or higher
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles beams at his companions as Von tells the story. "Most impressive! I am indeed glad that the Legion of Tomorrow saw fit to recommend that I join with you. Your prowess seems great, and will be compatible with my own courage and skill!"

He turns and gives a small bow of respect to Von's mother. "Greetings, Mayor Lithari. I am Heracles, and it is a pleasure to meet you. While I was not in time to aid my companions in their battle to save your son, I have pledged my strength to their cause." He pauses. "Do you require assistance in dealing with a menace?"
Notice 10, +2 Olfactory
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die Explosion: [dice]2[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
Notice Roll [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice Roll [dice]1[/dice]

failed notice roll, not going to survey much
Mica nods to the Mayor in acknowledgement but also lets the others do the talking while she attempts to survey the town.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lithari sighed, evident than the situation was weighing on her, “yes, more than …”

Just as Lithari is about to respond further, a door opens on one of the nearby buildings and a man in sinister black armour steps out into the sunlight. The body armour he wears is distinctive—glossy and dark with the stylized symbol of a skull’s head on the armour’s chest plate, its helmet shaped somewhat like a skull as well.

The man removes his helmet, revealing a relatively plain human male with sandy blonde hair. The man nods to Lithari and puts his helmet under one arm. “Mayor.”

Lithari returns the nod somewhat stiffly. “Lieutenant Cornell.”

Cornell responds, “It’s fortunate your son wasn’t harmed. I must point out that if you allowed the Coalition to station a permanent guard force here, this kind of thing wouldn’t happen. You would be protected from the Black market, raiders or any threat that might emerge from the Nexus.” As he speaks, his gaze moves over the team.

Lithari sighs wearily. “So you’ve said before, on numerous occasions.”

OOC Comments
Lieutenant Cornell is wearing Deadboy armour
Notice - successful
Cornell takes careful note of anyone in the group who is non-human or who is obviously a practitioner of magic, but he doesn’t show any signs of aggression at this time.
Raise – His gaze lingers on Savant slightly longer, perhaps noting her lack of eyes.
GM bennies 6/8
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Savant restrains herself from answering the Coalition soldier's offer of 'security'.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Notice 5
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Mica takes immediate notice of Cornell and watches as he sizes up the group. She whispers under her breath, "Coalition."
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

The smile drops from Heracles' face, suddenly and noticeably, at the sight of the Coalition armor. His eyes widen, his back stiffens and the fur on the back of his neck rises slightly. Under his breath, he mutters something about minion of Hades and how the dead do not need ranking. He looks around for any more of the 'Dead Boys' nearby, assuming that they travel in packs normally.

He crosses his arms over his chest and tries to remain a mostly-relaxed pose. He tries not to glare openly at the Dead Boy as well, and mainly does that by keeping his eyes on the mayor instead after he looks around for more Coalition.

He bites off his first response and instead asks, "There is a Nexus nearby, Mayor Lithari?"
Notice 12, +2 Olfactory
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemónas looks a little confused at the soldier and begins speaking out of turn. "I thought your people murder those who are not sworn to death?" pointing at his armor with this finger he continues "Is not even your sign the same as those who worship death and Hades."
"This town does indeed need protection, but not from those who would kill and enslave."

Looking to Penny Kidemónas continues "Tell her, tell her we will help them and not enslave or murder them."

Notice 4
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny didn't stiffen at the sight of the Coalition soldier, but she did tense up. She knew the politics of the Coalition States backwards and forwards and knew that if their protection was extended to the town, it would be extended to humans only - and the "right" kind of humans, the ones that weren't keen on reading or asking questions, shortly thereafter.

She stepped forward, looking up at the officer who was significantly taller than her. Then she spoke. "Lieutenant Cornell, I'm Penny. If you're here, and being addressed in an official capacity, I'm going to assume that you were invited, and I will respect that invitation. Just as I'm going to assume that, based on how we've been invited, you will respect our presence here?"

Then she turned to Mayor Lithari. "I'm assuming he's correct, and that there is a nexus nearby and it's a threat? Some of those we fought we enhanced and it looked like our world's technology, so I'm going to assume they weren't fresh out of a rift either. Has this been a persistent issue?"
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Persuasion if needed: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]

Possible relevant attributes: Investigator edge, Charisma edge.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lithari nodded in response to Heracles and Penny's question as the CS Lieutenant spoke to the group, ignoring or unbothered by any looks from the team.

“Indeed, The Coalition States is the strongest force in North America and the best chance for Garnet Town’s prosperity. That is why we are here and while Garnet Town is not part of the Coalition States, you have nothing to fear from me.” Lieutenant Cornell responded, explaining his position,

“A strong military presence in Garnet Town guarantees any threat emerging from a rift at the nearby nexus point is likely dealt with. The settlement won’t have to worry about raiders, the Black Market, or anyone else disturbing their peace. The brodkil you will generally find are here in numbers in North America and don't need a rift to arrive. They are a problem in most places; including in Lone Star if I am correct in placing your accent.” he smiled politely at Penny.

“Unfortunately, as you say, nonhumans will have to find somewhere else to live, and magic is outlawed under Coalition rule. Everyone else will enjoy an improved quality of life, with higher technology, more access to medical supplies and techniques, and improvements in communication, plumbing, and food just some of the benefits of joining.”

“Perhaps we’ll speak more later. If you need me, I’ll be in my tent.” With this, he leaves, walking towards the west end of town
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lithari turns to you with a sigh after Cornell walks away. “So you see, things here in Garnet Town are a bit more complicated than they appear.”

The Mayor frowns thoughtfully. “He’s not wrong about the nexus point, though. We need some way to defend ourselves if a Rift were to open and let out something horrible.”

At that moment, a robed figure emerges from a side street. “Indeed, it is a troubling thought!”

The figure pulls down its hood, revealing a saturnine male face, his brow adorned with two prominent horns. This is a D-Bee known as a D’norr Devilman. Despite their somewhat unsettling appearance, it is well-known they are not inherently evil.

The robed figure smiles. “I am Symon, a representative of the Federation of Magic.”

Symon’s robes are adorned with several arcane sigils, and a pouch on his belt bears a glowing rune shaped out of bronze.

“Lithari, the nexus point is a danger to this entire region… as are these horrid Black Market enforcers.” Symon waves a hand at the makeshift barrier serving as the town’s defensive wall.

“My Lord Dunscon offers you protection. Elementals to guard you, golems to till your fields. You’d have all the freedom you wished under the Federation’s benevolence.”

Lithari nods, an expression of strained patience on her face. “I understand, Symon, you mentioned the same thing yesterday.”
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Wild Notice: [dice]1[/dice]
This time, she can't quite keep her mouth shut. Her voice, normally quite sweet, drips with acid. "And of course, if the Coalition takes umbrage at such a heavy magical installation in their territory, the Federation can be counted on to provide all the aid they did at Tolkeen...."
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Watching the Cornell leave Kidemónas says so his friends "I am surprised to see him admit they would force her family to leave, but deny he would murder them. I still do not trust them." Realizing that Lithari can still hear him he tries to shut up, but before long he cannot hold it any longer. Leaning in close to Savant, Kidemónas whispers. "I thought the D'norr are good people, empathetic to others? I met some of their kind at Castle Refuge and they seamed kind to me."
Notice 5

Note: I believe the normal etiquette for whispers in italics, if not I can change it.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

She murmurs back to the dragon. "Most are, but in my experience, political affiliation trumps racial leanings. The Federation is an untrustworthy ally, at best."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"ah, I see." Kidemónas says as his face looks thoughtful.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles listens to the Coalition lieutenant with as close to dispassion as he can muster, doing his best not to antagonize the situation further, especially since the Coalition were...'guests' at the moment. Guests making a sales pitch, a pitch that would oust any non-humans in the area, but oh it would keep the town safe, sure.

When the D'norr appears and makes his own apparently-repeated sales pitch for the Federation of Magic, Heracles first looks surprised followed by suspicious anger. Luckily, he still has his arms crossed over his chest so the fists clenching is hard to see.

In a very quiet voice to his companions he speaks, "So Hera and Hades both are seeking to expand their control. Can we not stop them?"
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"We might, Heracles. We can offer the Tomorrow Legion's support - they'd then have no need, or a far reduced need, for the Federation of Magic, the Coalition, or the Black Market."

Penny tried to recall the logistical situation of the Tomorrow Legion - if support could be extended this far out to begin with, and whether they had the authority to extend it.
OOC Comments

Penny trying to recall if the political situation of the Tomorrow Legion will allow for them to make such an offer and keep their side of it:
Knowledge: Politics: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die Ace Roll: [dice]4[/dice]
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild notice [dice]1[/dice]
Mica is not shocked by the appearances-es of the D’norr Devilman. There were numerous alien races back in her universe. She looks towards the Mayor, "Are there anymore factions offering protection?" She looks over towards the Coalition tent. "How big is the contingent of Coalition and Federation of Magic stationed here currently? Are there any other patrols in the area that you know of?"
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Savant wrote:
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]9662:0[/dice]
Wild Notice: [dice]9662:1[/dice]
This time, she can't quite keep her mouth shut. Her voice, normally quite sweet, drips with acid. "And of course, if the Coalition takes umbrage at such a heavy magical installation in their territory, the Federation can be counted on to provide all the aid they did at Tolkeen...."
Symon took Savant's comments in stride taking them, turning them to make his case.

"We were unable to provide assistance in time at Tolkeen after the shock assault from the north, but if Garnet Town were to join the Federation of Magic, all the Federation requires is permission to keep a force of spellcasters here to maintain a watch on the nexus point, an oath of loyalty to Lord Dunscon, and a ten percent tithe of the town’s wealth, paid annually. The inhabitants here will find their lives improved dramatically and without a good proportion of their neighbours being ejected and hunted down by the Coalition. We intend to improve the quality of life in Garnet Town through magical means. This means magically assisted healing, communication spells, and taking advantage of the ley line to move and power Techno-wizard vehicles and even power.
„„Non-humans and magic users would both be welcome to remain once the town becomes part of the Federation of Magic. Surely, putting up with a few demons and necromancers is a small price to pay for freedom…

Admittedly, adding the town to the Federation of Magic is likely to trigger a response from the Coalition, but at least the town will be defended. This will also slow the Coalition’s absorption of the region as the Federation are the only group willing to stand against the tyranny and brutality of the Coalition States. At some point, somebody must stand against their aggression and who better than the Federation of Magic."

He smiled at everybody, noting the whispering between the group.

“I would enjoy discussing this at length another time, Mayor.” Symon bows slightly to her and to the group before walking off into one of the houses.
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lithari takes a deep breath and turns to you. “Now you can see what we’re up against. The Coalition, the Federation, the Black Market… and now you folks. With Garnet Town caught in the middle and everybody wanting us to join them.”

Mica Nowel wrote:
OOC Comments
notice [dice]9717:0[/dice]
wild notice [dice]9717:1[/dice]
Mica is not shocked by the appearances-es of the D’norr Devilman. There were numerous alien races back in her universe. She looks towards the Mayor, "Are there anymore factions offering protection?" She looks over towards the Coalition tent. "How big is the contingent of Coalition and Federation of Magic stationed here currently? Are there any other patrols in the area that you know of?"
Lithari sighed, looking at where both Lieutenant Cornell and Symon had departed to, holding Von close to her

"What you see is everybody I am aware of both of those groups in the area. Neither group has attempted to force us to join them. They want willing allies , not wasting resources to subjugate us."

Lithari takes a deep breath and turns to you. “Now you can see what we’re up against. The Coalition, the Federation, the Black Market… and now you folks. With Garnet Town caught in the middle and everybody wanting us to join them.”

The Mayor looks at your group steadily. “You’ve proven yourselves as capable warriors when you rescued my son. So I have a request for you. I want you to locate where the Black Market is keeping my people and set them free. If you can bring them all back to town safely, I’ll…”

Lithari’s voice breaks, then she visibly steels herself and continues.

“We’ll all be very grateful. I can’t offer you any money, and I can’t promise to put the town’s future in your hands. I’m asking you to do this for me, as a personal favour.”

OOC Comments
Notice
Success
From Lithari’s comments, she seems to regard the Tomorrow Legion as another potential faction that Garnet Town could join with.

Raise
She is playing a lot of trust in a group that she has only just met and she is desperate
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Total 13

Psionics (Divination): [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Psionics [dice]3[/dice]
Savant nods to the obviously distraught woman. "We will do all we can. In fact, let me see if I can do one thing to help put your mind at ease.... Please, wait here for just a moment."

She wanders off from the rest of the group, turning her face up at the sky, directly at the sun--of course, she has no eyes, so this is not a problem for her.

And as her awareness expands, she decides to keep it simple, for starters, asking only, "Are the abducted villagers still alive?"
OOC Comments
With a Raise, she gets a 'short answer'.
She smiles, and nods, looking to the Mayor. "Your abducted villagers are all still alive and therefore, so is hope. We will do everything we can to keep them both that way."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemónas watches the devil man leave thinking a bit he whispers. "He seamed okay to me and he says they will protect them for next to nothing. Are you sure they are bad guys?"

After Savant confirms the people are still alive, Kidemónas says. "Oh, good we can go get them and bring them back here. Then the mayor can make her decision without being bullied." Turning to the Lithari he asks "Is there a black market person in town? Someone who represents them like these other two, I am certain I can convince them to return your friends."
Notice 4

Danger Sense Triggered = No
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles frowns slightly, "Ah, so you try to appeal to our heroic natures with no reward in sight?" And then shakes his head even as he lets out a booming chuckle. "Well played!"

At Savant's insistence that they missing were still alive, Heracles smiles widely. "Wonderful!" He pauses and tilts his head at Savant. "I do not suppose you have a location for them? Or at least a direction? Perhaps somewheeeeerrre away from the ley lines and nexus?" He grins widely and tries to look innocent.
Notice 9, +2 Olfactory
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemònas looks at his new friend sideways thinking he cannot possibly be serious. "But I wanted to go to the ley line. Why would you want to avoid something so amazing? Maybe later when we are done we can go?"
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant shakes her head. "No, I did not get such detail. Yes and no questions are best, right now. Perhaps after we have some leads, I will be able to ask something more precise."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lothari looked at Savant a little hopeful, but not entirely sure.

"I hope you are right."

OOC Comments
So how do you want to proceed?
Some people in town might know more than they think or might be able to point you in the direction of further information.
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Mica now gains the 1 benny for playing the enemy adventure deck card
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"I'll ask around. I know people all over - maybe I know someone who knows something about the Black Market. On an unrelated note..." Penny approached the Mayor, but hesitated a moment.

I'm here to report. I'm here to tell people about the good that the Tomorrow Legion does - or doesn't - do. Am I getting too involved?

... then again, maybe that's not the real story. Maybe I'm not involved enough. Maybe the real story is towns like this one, looking for help. Maybe I'll write up what I see here, and include it in the proposal I'm about to make.

"On an unrelated note, if you wish, we might be able to help with the Coalition, the Federation, and the Black Market. We're with the Tomorrow Legion, and our goal is fair and just protection of the peoples of North America from all forms of tyranny - the Coalition's fascism, the Black Market's corporatism, and the feudal mageocracy of the Federation. I'm a writer and a reporter. I can write up everything I see about this town, and I can tell the Legion of the need for support - if you'd have us."
OOC Comments

Persuasion if needed: [dice]2[/dice]

Possibly Relevant Edges: Charisma, I Know a Guy
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
Notice[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice[[dice]1[/dice]
Mica considers the information on the coalition and federation. "So just representatives for each party. Ambassadors so to speak." She listens to Lothari request and thinks to answer but looks to Penny as she is the leader. Then Mica nods to Savant as she goes off to do what ever it is she went off to do. After Savant returns, she says, "That is good news, Savant."

Unfortunately something must be messing with Mica's karma because she can't seem to spot anything going on in town right now.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant thinks for a bit, then looks to Pennywise. "If you're open to suggestions, I propose that we spread out a bit; we can cover more ground that day, and approach those who are most likely to be amenable to talking. For instance, Mica, here, is a young, attractive human female. I believe that if she were to approach the Coalition 'liason', he might be willing to share intel resources that he'd sooner bite his tongue than even mention having in front of me. Similarly, I suspect the D'Norr would be quite happy to have a conversation with Kidemonas--dragons are quite popular among the Federation types. And of course, you suggested you may have some ability to locate someone who can give us the Black Market's perspective on all this. That conversation could be delicate, though, so I would advise having your radio open and talking to Heraclese, so he can come in if needed."

She falls silent for a bit. "That seems to leave me on my own for a bit. I was thinking I could talk to the guards at the gate a second time; see if I can learn more about the attacks they've been dealing with." She falls silent, waiting to see if her proposal meets with the commander's approval.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"I would not mind talking to Simon again. He seemed very nice, and he does not know that you revealed to me he is a villain."
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
notice ace [dice]2[/dice]
total notice roll: 9
Mica takes off her helmet and leaves it with her cyclone. "If this is the plan, I'll see what I can find out." She heads off to the Coalition tent.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Penny Wise wrote:"I'll ask around. I know people all over - maybe I know someone who knows something about the Black Market. On an unrelated note..." Penny approached the Mayor, but hesitated a moment.

I'm here to report. I'm here to tell people about the good that the Tomorrow Legion does - or doesn't - do. Am I getting too involved?

... then again, maybe that's not the real story. Maybe I'm not involved enough. Maybe the real story is towns like this one, looking for help. Maybe I'll write up what I see here, and include it in the proposal I'm about to make.

"On an unrelated note, if you wish, we might be able to help with the Coalition, the Federation, and the Black Market. We're with the Tomorrow Legion, and our goal is fair and just protection of the peoples of North America from all forms of tyranny - the Coalition's fascism, the Black Market's corporatism, and the feudal mageocracy of the Federation. I'm a writer and a reporter. I can write up everything I see about this town, and I can tell the Legion of the need for support - if you'd have us."
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]9840:0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]9840:1[/dice]

Persuasion if needed: [dice]9840:2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]9840:3[/dice]

Possibly Relevant Edges: Charisma, I Know a Guy

"It is nice to know that I do have more options than just the ones presented to me." Lothari sighed, "but as I said, I am not committing Garnet Town to anything at the moment. In the end, it will be the choice of the town whom we join. I might be mayor, but this is not a choice that I can make all by myself."

She winced and stumbled slightly as a pain shot up her leg, leaning more onto her crutch. Von looked worried and held onto her, to keep her upright.

OOC Comments
Charisma would always apply so 5 overall
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Seeing the Mayor limp, Savant speaks up. "Commander Pennywise, since my suggestion leaves me with the least to do, would you mind if I assist the mayor and her son get back to their home? I can ask Von for a few details about what happened before we arrived, as well." She looks to the Mayor. "Assuming you have no objections, that is; any information we can get could help find your people."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles listens to Savant and the others seem to take her suggestions to heart. The team begins splitting up. He looks over at Savant, "Oh, and here I thought you were going to suggest we spar in the meanwhile to pass the time. Foiled again." He smiled widely at her.

He turns to Pennywise, but spoke up over coms. "Should ANYONE need my assistance, please do not hesitate to call out to me."

He then sticks close but not too close to Pennywise, especially keeping an eye out for danger.
Notice 12, +2 Olfactory
Notice Explosion Dice[dice]2[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Good thinking, Savant. I'll check in with local watering holes, traders, and the like, see who knows what. And sure, Herc, you can come too. Where do you all want to meet up?"
OOC Comments
Ace Die: [dice]2[/dice]
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Wild Notice: [dice]1[/dice]
Savant considers the question of meeting back up. "I'd say, unless we end up having to gather in force for some reason, let's meet up back here." With that, she'll head off with the Mayor and Von.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

"Thank you, Von, let's go home." Lithari responded, leaning a little on Von still, as they start to move away from the group, with Savant as Kidemonas and Mica head off to meet with their respective targets of inquiry, leaving Penny and Heracles to carry out their part of the investigation.
OOC Comments
For Penny and Heracles, if you want to ask around the town people, then you can use persuasion and this thread

If you want to find out more about the Black Market, that will require a streetwise roll. That will lead to a new location in town.
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny will, in fact, ask around town to see if there's anyone she knows who can give her the lay of the land, or if she can figure it out herself based on observation and question-asking.
OOC Comments

Persuasion: [dice]2[/dice]
Ace Die: [dice]4[/dice]
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

OOC Comments
what sort of questions are you asking?
Having seen you talk to the Mayor and bring home Von safely, the people of Garnet Town are happy to talk to you.
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

OOC Comments
Penny will ask questions to get a general lay of the land - local criminal elements, power players of note, what the economics of the town are (subsistence farming, hunting, trade, etc.)
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Asking around the slightly skittish locals, you are able to assuage their worries.
Criminal elements - "Why B'Naki can get himself into a bit of trouble occasionally but we don't have a lot of trouble out here until the Black Market turned up. "

power Players- "If you mean who has influence here in Garnet Town, well obviously Mayor Lithari, Old Man Duncan who is..was the town doctor before he was kidnapped, same like that scholar from Tolkeen who came here a few weeks ago. I suppose those reps from the CS and Federation of Magic are influential in that they are going to change our home."

Local economics - Most of houses here have small farms in the gardens, with a few bigger farms on the outskirts but those have been abandoned due to the black market kidnappings. We have a small lumber operation and there was a quarry a few years ago before the miner went off to help at Tolkeen. He ... never came back.
There is a market once a week that some of the villages bring goods to, but a lot of the external trade is handled by Jonas Trent at the mill which is the only one big enough to produce enough flour for the area."

OOC Comments
a raise on Persuasion gets a lot of help from the locals.
Make a streetwise roll
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles will be 'helpful' in the most unhelpful of ways. He begins talking to several merchants. "Greetings and salutations! I am Heracles! I have come to peruse your goods and perhaps ask you a few questions if you do not mind."

He does indeed look over the wares to see if anything is interesting and shiny (or Greek).

"Are you and these goods of the Black Market? Or are you from the...White Market?" He isn't sure about that, but the opposite of a black market would be a white market in his mind. "I ask not to judge you, but to try and find the Black Marketeers in the area. It is a mission of grave importance."
OOC Comments
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and stop there and roll Persuasion which should end in hilarity or just no information. =)

Notice Total 6, +2 Olfactory: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Dice: [dice]1[/dice]

Persuasion Total -1: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]3[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 4
Kidemónas Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Kidemónas returns to the town square still visibly upset about something after his conversation with Symon, still trying to calm himself. Looking around the open areas he tries to spot any of his friends. Wanting to report what he found to his team mates and in particular his team leader he is looking for Penny foremost.
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Mica send radio communication to Penny.

"Hey Penny. Cornell has been collecting data with some scanning devices. He thinks there is something weird going on with the Black Market thugs. He is willing to share his data but he wants to tag along when we go after the Black Market."
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Heracles wrote:Heracles will be 'helpful' in the most unhelpful of ways. He begins talking to several merchants. "Greetings and salutations! I am Heracles! I have come to peruse your goods and perhaps ask you a few questions if you do not mind."

He does indeed look over the wares to see if anything is interesting and shiny (or Greek).

"Are you and these goods of the Black Market? Or are you from the...White Market?" He isn't sure about that, but the opposite of a black market would be a white market in his mind. "I ask not to judge you, but to try and find the Black Marketeers in the area. It is a mission of grave importance."
OOC Comments
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and stop there and roll Persuasion which should end in hilarity or just no information. =)

Notice Total 6, +2 Olfactory: [dice]10846:0[/dice]
Wild Dice: [dice]10846:1[/dice]

Persuasion Total -1: [dice]10846:2[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]10846:3[/dice]

The small trader looked aghast as you seem to suggest that he is affiliated with the Black Market.

"Are you accusing us of being part of the Black Market?" He looked angrily at Heracles, shouting at him, his hands closing to fists
OOC Comments
As it wasn't a critical failure, they have not immediately attacked or refused to speak to you, but currently, this guy is not happy.
This confrontation is quite loud and everybody near the town square will be able to hear it.
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"With you in a second - " replies Penny to Mica, a little hastily, as she tried to smooth oil over troubled waters.

"Let me explain," interjects Penny into the argument that's about to break out between Heracles and the merchant. "We're not accusing you of being from the Black Market, and I apologize on behalf of my cohort here if offense was given. What can I do to make it up to you?"
OOC Comments

Persuasion: [dice]2[/dice]
Ace Die: [dice]4[/dice]
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

The trader looked first at Penny, then at Heracles and back at Penny again

“Just keep him away from me and we’ll be fine.” He turned away and went back to his stall, studiously ignoring Heracles.

Some of the other locals continue to give Heracles filthy looks and give him a wide berth.

You have managed to avert upsetting the townsfolk, but Heracles is not popular with the locals at the moment.

OOC Comments
His disposition had dropped to unhelpful, but is now back at indifferent.
Heracles now suffers a -2 charisma penalty with the locals
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 4

Seeing his friends Kidemónas heads over wanting to talk to her about all that has happened, without giving much thought to the developing tension between Heracles and the vendor he says. "Penny, is it normal for mortals to brand each other? That D'norr tried to brand me, it made me really mad, but I don't know if it is something you normally do then perhaps I should not be so mad?" As his agitation is starting to visibly fade Kidemónas continues thinking about it. "I mean who would do that, he did not even ask, he just tried to brand me?"

"Are you ready to hear what I learned, I don't think I really learned all that much you would be interested in. But I did learn a lot about the True Federation of Magic. did you know there are people trying to claim and be part of the True Federation of Magic who don't even contribute, they just want to use up their resources and their name without helping at all." Looking over his shoulder towards the boarding house and the door the D'norr is in Kidemónas seems distracted as he streams on with his questions not relating to any normal reply or interjection. "This does not seem right, I think maybe after we help here we should go see if we can help the True Federation of Magic. What do you think, I am still uncertain, some people say they are bad guys, but Symon did not seem bad to me?" Slowing down a bit Kidemónas finally looks over to Penny to see what she thinks about all this, now seeming only half distracted.
OOC Comments
Kidemónas may need a little prompting to reveal the fullness of his conversation. In his mind he learned nothing of interest except that the Federation of magic can teach him all kinds of awesome stuff.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles visibly reared back as if struck. But before he could open his mouth Penny jumped in. He turned to look at her with a furrowed brow and a betrayed look. He opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again and finally closed it for good. He turned away and started walking, shoulders slumped, hangdog look on his face, looking for all the world like a kicked humanoid puppy as he walked away from the market now that Kid was there to watch Penny's back.
Notice 7, +2 Olfactory
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Savant returns to the Square, her Mohawk bobbing brightly in the midday breeze, her head angled up slightly, as if she were trying to find something amongst the clouds. Spotting the Dog-boy, she waves heartily to him. "Friend Heracles! How goes your efforts?"
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles turns to look as he hears his name called. He sees Savant coming towards him and he straightens up. He tries to put the incident behind him and move on. "Hello, Savant. It is good to see you again. A familiar and friendly face is most welcome."

He hesitates and gives a shrug, looking away slightly. "I...angered the merchants I tried to speak with. They did not understand that I was looking for information on the Black Market, and seemed instead to think I was accusing them of being in league with the Black Market. It...did not go well. I left Pennywise in the care of Kidemónas. I thought I might...go outside and look around, perhaps enjoy some fresh air."
OOC Comments
Notice 8, +2 Olfactory: [dice]0[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant nods with a smile. "Sometimes, things do not go as we wish, despite our best efforts. Fortunately, you were wise enough to withdraw and regroup, rather than press blindly onward. Sound judgement." She claps him on the shoulder. "If Penny is still talking with the merchants, then let us go and speak to those wall-guards we passed on the way in. Perhaps they can give us more details about the attacks themselves. Once everyone is done with their investigations, we can share intelligence."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles listened to what she said and slowly nodded. "A sometime burden of being a someone on the path to godhood means that I am not a full god...which means I do not get what I want and things do not always go the way I wish."

He straightened his shoulders, "I am rarely angry or sullen for very long. There are too many wondrous things in this world." He winked at her. "And people. For one without eyes, you see much."

He gestured for her to lead the way. "But what if I like how much intelligence I currently have? I do not know if I will gain more if I share my intelligence." His tone and smile clearly indicated he was joking.
Notice 7, +2 Olfactory
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

She laughs heartily at his wit. "Even the gods, to my understanding, do not always get their way--that is why we tell legends about them. It would be very boring indeed, if every tale was, 'Zeus got up. Everything went well. He went to bed.'" At the pun about how much she sees, she actually blushes slightly. "There is a reason I suggested we might one day go to the caves of Delphi, my friend." Another chuckle at the intelligence joke, and she heads for the gate with the two less-than-crack guards, waving as they get into speaking distance. "Hello, there! Were either of you two on duty when the Brodkil attacked the outer wall?"
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Streetwise [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Streetwise [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Ace [dice]4[/dice]

The Streetwise roll is further modified by her variable Charisma: -2 if they are uneasy around an obvious Altaran (which is honestly the more likely overall, at least this soon after her arrival), or +2 if they miraculously aren't bothered by her eyeless face. (The math on Attractive + the Altaran Bad Reputation gets a bit weird.)
Notice: 7
Streetwise: 11+Cha
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

PM incoming

If you want to speak to the guys at the gate, post in the gate thread from before please
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 3

Seeing Penny unresponsive to his frustrations Kidemónas moves on to catch up with the others.

"Savant, Heracles, wait, I will join you." Kidemónas says as he catches up to the others.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant pauses suddenly, then gets on the radio for a moment, speaking quietly. "Penny? I think you might want to ask around by the mill. Just... call it a hunch."
OOC Comments
And... moving to the wall with Kid and Heracles in tow. Posting there in a moment.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

OOC Comments
Sorry, Kide, I thought I'd posted on Tuesday but I guess it didn't go through.
"Mica, the mill? I'll be right over." As she walked, she switched over to Kide. "Kide, it depends. Brands - or tattoos, in my case - are something I have from my less glory-filled days, but she tried to brand you without permission? That could be serious, especially if they were a mage. I'm no expert on magic but sometimes mages use symbols to cast spells.
OOC Comments
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Multiple Rolls
Notice Total = 2

Politics Roll to see if he realizes how evasive Symon was: [dice]2[/dice]-2
Politics Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]-2
Wild die explode [dice]4[/dice]
Politics Total = 5
Turning his head back and forth from the two groups Kidemónas looks unsure of what to do. Then realizing Penny was placed in charge turns back to join her.
"Penny, I talked with Symon and asked him many questions. He knew nothing really of the Black Market or their activities. He says most of the attacks are happening when people leave town. The only raid on the town itself where the mayor was hurt was so quick that the men where gone before he could help."

Thinking a bit more about his conversation Kidemónas realizes he got himself distracted. "I am sorry Penny, but I let myself get distracted and once he mentioned the Federation of Magic I became so interested we talked for some time of them."
Looking down for a moment at the ground as if he was remorseful, before continuing to quickly for it to be a deep emotion Kidemónas says. "I quit asking questions about the troubles of Garnet Town.
"I do not think Symon cared at all about the people problems. If they do not commit to The true Federation of Magic and say this oath I think he will move on without a burdened heart."

Thinking a little more Kidemónas adds. "Now that he is gone and I think on it, I realize he was not very forthcoming. He was very interested in me as a magic user, and spoke of many opportunities I would have to learn in The True Federation of Magic. but he did not give me very much real information and when I asked him of their practices he did not really answer my questions." Then growling a bit he says. "Then he tried to brand me."
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny stiffened slightly at the dragon's flared temper. "That sounds pretty bad, Kide. Maybe Heracles can help you keep an eye out for them. Speaking of - Heracles, I'm going to check out the mill on Savant's recommendation and could use a little backup as I don't want to check it out alone. But if you're busy, can someone else help?"
OOC Comments
Ace Die: [dice]2[/dice]
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 3

"I will join you. I only have a few hours left before I need to go hide myself from the people of the town." Kidemónas says.

After thinking a moment as they begin to head off Kidemónas adds. "Do you think we could get one of those radios for me Penny? I think it would be good for me to be able to hear when you guys are talking in the radios."
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Sure! Radio sounds good. Question, where would you keep it when you're, ah, bigger? I've actually always wondered how your people use tools, or if they need to..."
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 3

Following Penny to the well, Kidemónas thinks for a bit then answers is a somewhat quite voice. “There are things about my kind you cannot pos…” Stopping himself Kidemónas rethinks his answer and how he should treat people. Plus these are his only friends after all and he can trust them.

Sighing he says. “To be honest, I don’t know. It just works when I want it to. Most of my powers simply do what I want them to, and I do not really know how.” Thinking a small while longer about the possibilities Kidemónas decides to say. “You know, perhaps that is one of the things you can add to your studies. ‘Dragons & Other Amazing Creations’.” Fairly proud of his amazing book title.

"Maybe someone in town will have access to spare radios and I can trade for one of these swords? I should ask the people we talk to."
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles gave Savant a strange look, one eyebrow raised, for a moment, but then he gave a shrug and pushed the thought away. "No sense in pushing a woman before she is ready to speak, all you will get is an earful and nothing you will like." He let out a small laugh. "Or so my mother used to warn me."

He scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Looking back at my life, it occurs to me I should have listened to her more carefully and more often."
OOC Comments
Notice: 7, +2 Olfactory.
Notice die: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild die: [dice]1[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Savant nods to Heracles with a chuckle. "She sounds like a wise woman, indeed." She looks around for a good place for them to wait for the others to finish their own assignments.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 5

Kidemónas comes back to the group from the direction of the mill smiling a bit and carrying in his arms a large amount of gear. "Savant! What a great idea to go to the mill. The man there was able to help me get equipped properly he had a nice collections of guns and armor to chose from."
Showing off a bit as he holds it up for Savant and Heracles to see he continues. "Do you think one of you could help show me the right way to wear this stuff and get it all situated? I have a little bit of an idea, but I never thought to learn your channels or emergency call signs." Kidemónas seems pretty happy to have acquired some gear as he is showing it to his companions. "He says when I get more gear he would be willing to work with me. Overall a very nice man and I like him much more than Symon."
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant chuckles at Kid's obvious delight at making a new 'friend'. "I am glad my advice was fruitful; is Penny going to be joining us soon? And of course, let me assist you with that." She helps the shifted dragon get the gear situated, lowering her voice a bit. "You absorb carried gear when you transform back, yes? I just want to be certain you are not at risk of being strangled by a strap." Upon receiving confirmation, she nods in satisfaction. "There you go."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"Oh, yes no worries about that. Even if not I would simply tear it apart. After all" raising an eyebrow and whispering back with absolute pride "I am a dragon."
"I am sure she will be along shortly. She stepped out to talk to Mica on the radio and let me talk with Jonas about our trade." Kidemónas still seems pretty pleased with things.
"Thank you for the help."

Kidemónas thinks for a moment. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Did you guys figure out a way to find the kidnappers? I think we still need to find them before they hurt anyone else."
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

She tilts her head, and if she had eyes, she'd blink. "Well, I have a lead, yes, but I also want to hear what Penny and Mica have to say. I think there's a location we need to check out, though."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles looked at the young dragon coming back with arms full of gear and he let out a chuckle. "Ahhhh. I see that you have indeed found a merchant. Did he not give you something to easily carry all your goods in?" He shook his head and made a 'tsk'-ing noise, but he was obviously still amused. "For shame."

He watched as Savant began to show Kidemónas the workings and carryings of his gear. She spoke again though and Heracles rolled his eyes and snorted in amusement. "Is that not just like a woman? She teases and withholds what we want. Bah!" He was clearly teasing Savant, his tone left no doubt - though wouldn't necessarily stop some from taking issue with the words or sentiment possibly.
OOC Comments
Notice is 9, +2 Olfactory.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

As the group congregate around the town square, a group of four kids between you think the ages of 4 to 9 can be seen to be poking around Penny’s Mountaineer ATV, touching the tyres and crawling underneath. One even tries the door handle. There is no sign of any adults.
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 1

Walking towards the kids Kidemónas warns. "Children, you should be careful some of those weapons are very dangerous."
Changing his tone to a more friendly one he says. "Perhaps it would be better if I showed you some cool stuff I collected. I am starting my own hoard you know."
Sitting on the ground a few feet from the ATV he starts showing off some of the stuff in his survival pack. If any of the children are familiar with the materials he will let them explain their use. and just enjoy some conversation and play for a while.
OOC Comments
I would think with children by charisma penalty would not apply.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
After checking underneath for any stray children thinking to play hide-and-seek down there, Savant leans against the truck and watches "Kid and the kids" as they chat.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles grinned, first at the children playing around and poking around, then at Kidemónas trying to be the adult and help distract the children. He walked over to stand next to Savant, but a few feet away just so he didn't invade her personal space - something he had been quickly schooled on in this time. Many people valued both their privacy and their personal space.

"This new world has so many things to experience, some good, some beautiful, some tragic, some terrible." He sighed softly. "I do hope the taken villagers are still alive. We must rescue them soon."

He glanced over at her. "Lady Savant, are you alright? You seem...I do not know you well enough to judge, I suppose." He was willing to let it drop if she didn't wish to talk or nothing was bothering her.

Otherwise, he waited patiently and mostly quietly for Penny and Mica so Savant could tell them the lead she spoke of but would not elaborate on.
OOC Comments
Notice is 6, +2 Olfactory.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Lieutenant Cornell and Mica arrive back in the town square, this time the Coalition Soldier is armed with a rifle and helmet at the ready.

"Greetings again," Cornell greets the team, slightly warily at the group, something about them making him a little uneasy, "as I have explained to Mica here, I have a proposal for your team. I am willing to share the sensor data I have accumulated. I believe that my data has identified the location of the Black Market Camp, though there looks to be a few additional complications. In exchange for my data, I wish to accompany you to rescue the missing townspeople."
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant tilts her head at the arrival of the CS soldier but she directs her eyeless gaze at Penny to let her make the call before she shares her Intel.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemònas looks up from playing with the children at Mica as she announces the Coalition Officer would be joining us and concern instantly forms on his face. Obvious to all that he is untrusting of the Coalition forces ability to restrain himself from mass murder. The distraction last long enough a child has to require his attention before he goes back to playing.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles, being ignored completely by Savant, looked away and let out a small growl. He pulled out his chain long sword and began cleaning it. He looked impatient, he looked irritated, like he wanted to use the long sword to stab someone instead of cleaning. He narrowed his eyes as the Coalition officer walked up, only partly due to the man and whom he served. Part of it was the lightly throbbing ache in his head from being close to a ley line. It was unpleasant.

His jaw worked for a moment before he spoke. "I do not trust you." He did not elaborate further, nor did he say that the man shouldn't accompany them. He looked to Penny and the rest to see what the decision might be.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny appeared next to the ATV, smiling at the kids as one by one, they realized she was watching them. "Hi there. Pardon the mess, I kind of live out of my car."

She approached the others after double-checking to make sure nothing had been nicked off the ATV or that it hadn't been tagged. She nodded to the dragon. "Thanks for keeping an eye on my ride. Hi team. Sorry, had to make sure they didn't spray anything on there that I didn't approve of."

She regarded the Coalition officer coldly. "You want to come with us. Scofflaws and d-bees and - " She waved to Heracles. "A demigod. Hell, you must be desperate. What do you get out of this? Besides everyone knowing you had a hand in rescuing those people?"
OOC Comments
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

The lieutenant frowns at Penny's comments.

“It’s all well and good to debate what’s best for the town, but I believe actions speak louder than words. I’m going to show Garnet Town the Coalition Military stands for the safety and security of mankind. Some of the people who’ve been taken are humans too, and I intend to rescue them if I can. If I happen to also rescue the others as well, so be it. Just because they won't be able to live here anymore doesn't mean they should be left to die."

"I don't have the firepower available to me to carry out such a rescue, especially if what I believe is supporting them is true."

OOC Comments
Notice - success - you believe that what he is saying is true

Raise - When Penny mentions Heracles as a demigod, this gets a slight reaction from Cornell as this means something more to him
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant tilts her head. "You know, I could check to see if he's telling the truth...." She lets that ominous statement just hang in the air for a moment, then goes on, "But that would be rude. I will say there's something to be said for putting aside differences for the purposes of achieving a greater common goal. Getting all of the civilians back in one piece does seem to me to be our first priority; settling issues of where they will be living after that seems like it can wait. Still, commander Pennywise, the decision is yours to make. Burden of rank, and all that."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Listening to Savants words Kidemònas tells the kids. "It is time for me to go. Perhaps after this is cleared we can play more."
Then walking over to the others he says to the officer. "Savant is right. I was not being honorable to you. I was already planning to ask the others to reject you out of fear you would try to murder us. I will promise not to antagonize you if you can promise you won't attack any of us."
Last edited by Kidemonas on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles inclined his head to Penny. But then he turned from the Coalition officer for a moment at Penny's words, his face going from sour frown to bright grin at being recognized for what he was. He looked back at the agent in time to notice there was a reaction to the words as well. He bit his tongue (figuratively) from asking if the man had heard of him before. Business was being attended to, after all.

His lip curled slightly at the man's disdain for non-humans, but he tried to push away such thoughts as it looked like they would be working together - and the man DID seem sincere in wanting to rescue the humans at least. "I agree. But first...you said 'if what you believe is supporting them is true' - what do you mean by such words?
OOC Comments
Notice: 9, +2 Olfactory.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
Mica just stands back and keeps quiet.
OOC Comments
on a successful notice check, she seems trouble and feels she did something bad towards the group.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Heracles wrote: His lip curled slightly at the man's disdain for non-humans, but he tried to push away such thoughts as it looked like they would be working together - and the man DID seem sincere in wanting to rescue the humans at least. "I agree. But first...you said 'if what you believe is supporting them is true' - what do you mean by such words?
"As I have said, I will provide this information, but if it is Commander Penny Wise whom will make the final decision, I shall wait until she decides if I am to join you."
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

So now I've been promoted to Commander? Lovely. Okay. Penny thinks for a moment, then says, "give me a minute to confer with the group."

Assuming she gets a minute, she says to the others, "okay. I agree that saving lives is the priority and I don't trust him. So what we're going to do is let everyone know that it was the Tomorrow Legion that rescued those people. Downplay his involvement and play up ours. Pit our story against his. If we play it right, we can save those people and open up some doors around here. What do you all think?"
OOC Comments
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant grins. "Oooh, politics. Okay, boss, I'm in."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemònas looks sideways for a few seconds his mind looking as if it was thinking very hard with some sort of conflict. Before answering hesitantly his surety growing as he speaks. "No, we are the good guys. I will not lie. If he conducts himself without betrayal, them he should be judged by those actions.
"The reason I hate his army is their lies and evils, I will not become those evils myself."
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles frowned a bit at Penny's words. He nodded as the young dragon spoke up. He clapped a friendly hand on one of the shoulders of Kidemónas. He smiled at him and replied, "A worthy sentiment! One which I find that I share most heartedly! I despise the minions of Hades and I do not want them to be able to gain a foothold here, but I would not want to mislead the people of this town." He shook his head and glanced at the Coalition office while they spoke.
OOC Comments
Notice 6, +2 Olfactory.
Notice die:[dice]0[/dice].
Wild die: [dice]1[/dice].
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
Mica goes over with the group and listens to the others input, giving them eye contact as they speak. She sighs a bit as it come to her turn. She looks towards the ground as she replies, "I'm sorry. I don't think I handled the assignment very well. And now it led to this."
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Savant tilts her head at Mica. "Nonsense. You found a possible source of information in the quest for the missing townsfolk--which was precisely what we wanted you to do. Whether we can accept his terms for that information--open cooperation in a fashion that casts the CS in a more positive light--is up to the commander to decide, but make no mistake: you completed your mission admirably and successfully. Disagreements about tactics and allies of choice are bound to arise in this world, and you cannot know ahead of time what the various biases of our group are. So long as you don't attempt to recruit any ospreys, we'll be fine." She smiles in a way that might be reassuring if it weren't for the unsettling effect of the painted-on eyes.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Mica Nowel wrote:
OOC Comments
notice [dice]14361:0[/dice]
wild notice [dice]14361:1[/dice]
Mica goes over with the group and listens to the others input, giving them eye contact as they speak. She sighs a bit as it come to her turn. She looks towards the ground as she replies, "I'm sorry. I don't think I handled the assignment very well. And now it led to this."
Still looking suspiciously at the Coalition man in his evil armor Kidemònas hears Mica's words and replies. "We need this man's knowledge and you made the choice that allowed all of us to decide instead of you deciding on your own. For you to have made any other choice would have been wrong. But this situation was needed." Kidemònas says to Mica.
Notice 7
Notice Wild Die Ace: [dice]2[/dice]

Danger Sense Triggered = Yes
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Not lying, Kidemonas. I'm not suggesting that. I'm saying that he's going to come out of it with an interest to make sure that his side of things is going to reach as many ears as he can, and we need to be ready for that - to make sure that our side of the story gets told too."

She then turned to the others. "All right, I think that's a yes to us doing it? If anyone has objections, bring them up now. Otherwise, we tell him it's a deal."
OOC Comments
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles thought about that for a moment, mulling over what had been said, rolling the words of Pennywise around his head. Finally, he gave a single nod. "I understand your concerns, Penny Wise, and I share them to a degree. Letting the Coalition be seen favorably and gain a foothold here would be woeful indeed. I will do my best on the mission, and in the telling of deeds afterwards." He smiled.
OOC Comments
Notice 19, +2 Olfactory.
Notice ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Notice ace 2: [dice]3[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
Mica looks up at Savant shows some relief at the words she says. "Thank you." She replies. She turns to Penny, "No objections here."
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

OOC Comments
Assuming that you are all in agreement
After agreeing to Cornell's terms, he hands over the data with a smile.

"Thank you. The Coalition is grateful to you for your assistance."

Cornell’s survey data indicates a large heat source—likely the engine for some large vehicle or robot. The heat source stays close to the river and usually lingers at a clearing about two miles due East of town. That’s where the Coalition Officer believes the “Black Market” thugs are encamped.
OOC Comments
Penny, can I have a roll for I know a Guy please. This will become relevant later.
GM bennies 6/8

Return to “Garnett Town”