Naruni, Inc.

High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Naruni, Inc.

Post by High Command »

This started because someone on Google Plus asked about Naruni weapons. Now it's grown into something more. There's a community project started by Victor Diaz. I'm now a part of it too. I'm slowly adding stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r0j ... sp=sharing

Weapons
Intimidating Weapon: When using intimidation, Naruni plasma cartridge weapons are almost always the most intimidating weapon on the battle field and receive +2 to intimidation as per the Test of Wills rules. See SWD page 86 for details and exceptions. In addition, an intimidating weapon can be used as an improvised weapon of the appropriate size, dealing +1 damage.

NE-H10 Plasma Derringer
Uses the Light Plasma Cartridge.
Range: 5/10/20
Damage: 3d8
ROF: 1
AP: -
Shots: 2
Weight: 1 lbs.
Cost: 10,000 for the gun, each round is 15 credits
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Intimidating Weapon

NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol
Uses the Standard Plasma Cartridge.
Range: 10/20/40
Damage: 3d10
Shots: 10
Weight: 6 lbs.
Cost: 25,000 for the gun, each round is 40 credits
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Min Str: d8, Intimidating Weapon, Semi-Auto

NE-6 "Magnum" Plasma Cartridge Revolver
Shots: 6
Weight: 6 lbs.
Cost: 15,000 for the gun, each round is 40 credits
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Min Str: d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver

NE-2L Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol
Shots: 9
Weight: 4 lbs.
Cost: 10,000 for the gun, each round is 15 credits
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Min Str: d6, Intimidating Weapon, Semi-Auto

NE-300 "Stutterer" Plasma Cartridge Sub Machine Gun
ROF: 3
Shots: 50 (Drum) or 30 ("banana" magazine)
Weight: 20 lbs. (Drum Magazine) or 15 lbs. ("Banana" Magazine)
Cost: 20,000 for the gun, each round is 15 credits
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Min Str: d8, d10 with drum magazine, Intimidating Weapon, Automatic

NE-10 Plasma Cartridge Rifle
Range: 20/40/80
Shots: 20
Weight: 20 lbs.
Cost: 40,000 for the gun, each round is 40 credits
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Min Str: d10, Intimidating Weapon, Semi-Auto

NE-95 "Double Threat"Assault Rifle
Range: 20/40/80
Weight: 25 lbs.
Cost: 40,000 for the gun, each round is 40 credits
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Min Str: d12, Integral grenade launcher (12/24/48, Damage by grenade, 12 shots), Intimidating Weapon, Semi-Auto

NE-75H "Shoulder Cannon"
Uses the Standard or Heavy Plasma Cartridge.
Range: 50/100/200 (Heavy) or 30/60/120
Damage: 3d12 (Heavy) or 3d10 (Standard)
Weight: 30 lbs.
Cost: 40,000 for the gun, each standard round is 40 credits, each heavy round is 50 credits
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Snap-Fire, Min Str: d12, Intimidating Weapon

NE-200 Plasma Cartridge Machine-gun
Range: 30/60/120
Shots: 40 (box magazine) or 200 (Belt)
Weight: 70 lbs.
Cost: 95,000 Each round is 40, so a full magazine is 1600 and af full belt is 8000
Notes: Mega-Damage, Plasma, Snap-Fire, Min Str: d12+2, Intimidating Weapon, Automatic

Body Armor

NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: This is a light and durable suit of combat armor with a fiber-optic material that can change colors to match the general environment. The suit also masks infrared and thermal emissions, making the wearer's heat invisible to infrared and thermal systems and even then the reading/image will seem unusual. The fiber-optic covering copies and displays the surroundings to hide the user. Viewers beyond 50 feet subtract 4 from their Notice rolls to spot or hit the target as long as he moves no faster than 3” per round. At shorter distances, the sheen of the suit can be seen so the penalty is only –2. This feature has made the armor extremely popular. The NE-C20 provides +7 Armor and +1 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environment Protection. Gladiator armor has a Strength Minimum of d8. (13 lb, 75,000 credits)
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Naruni Weapons

Post by Kidemonas »

I think they look pretty good with the exception of the NE-75H "Shoulder Cannon". Looking at it, I get strangely uncomfortable with a hand carried weapon being able to inflict 3d12 (same as 3d10+3 really) at Str d12. But I assume it is based on the NG-E4A so it is balanced to that.

Either way plasma weapons are definitely powerful and 3d12 with a 50" range is pretty dang impressively high for a 20 shot man portable weapon.

Over all I think they are good write ups and would only edit it so the quotes on your colloquial names names do not include the period.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Edit: All Plasma Weapons are MD, so the 3d8 reduced Damage is good, but it should still be MD.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

So, first, I went for the best direct apples-to-apples comparison I could find:
NE-200 Plasma Cartridge Machine-gun
Shots: 40 (box magazine) or 200 (Belt)
Cost: 95,000 Each round is 40, so a full magazine is 1600 and af full belt is 8000
Notes: Auto, Mega-Damage, Plasma, Snap-Fire, Min Str: d12+2
NG-E15 Pulse Plasma Ejector
Uses a Long E-Clip
Shots: 48
Cost: 92,000, Recharging the clip costs 2500 (approx. 50 credits per shot)--but unlike the Naruni cartridges, self-charging is something any skilled individual can do at half-cost with the right equipment.
Notes: Auto, Mega-Damage, Plasma, Snap-fire, Min Str: d12
So for the extra 3 grand, you get the option of a belt-feed, a +1 to Intimidate (an ability I am going to suggest should be called "Fearsome" in the Notes section from now on, just to keep a consistency of style--those with a +2 can be dubbed "Horrific"), more expensive ammo, and a higher Strength requirement.

I'm not sure it's worth that, though of course a +1 Intimidation via TW modification would be a 5K cost, so what do I know?

It gets a bit harder to parse the balance as we move down to the smaller Naruni weapons--the NG Ejectors all do somewhat higher damage and most have better range, but are also considerably pricier. I don't think anything trips my alarm bells in terms of, "Why does the standard book gear exist at all?", though, so I'm good with this.

Quick terminology point: RoF should read "1", with "Revolver" or "Semi-Auto" in the Notes section for several of the weapons (at least, I'm assuming that the intent here is to give the Revolver the Fan the Hammer option, and the Semi-Auto weapons the Double-Tap option). Similarly, the "Stutterer" should have "Automatic" in the Notes, rather than on the ROF line.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

I changed the intimidate bonus to basically use the bonus already a part of Test of Wills. Refresh it.

Noted on ROF. Thanks.

TBH, the biggest thing Naruni shells offer is a lack of reliance on rechargers, but benefiting those who stock up on ammo. It's a stylistic choice that has been defended and derided since they were introduced in Mercenaries and Phase World.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Naruni, Inc.

Post by Radecliffe »

Me Like!

Though beware getting into gunfights inside a wooden structure or at least don't miss! :shock:

I have a gunfighter character that would love the plasma revolver. :D
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Time to put a NE store in the mix? Right outside the Castle? Run Logun out, take over his shop/garage. Buy out the small Titan Robotics store, push out the competition and start selling NE weapons?
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Keep in mind NG, WI, and the CS actually offers bounties on Naruni Gear and salesmen. And Lazlo and company are not big fans of their business practices. That said, all it takes is a trip to Kingsdale and knowing who to talk to. Or setting up a meet in the wilderness (with tons of Repo Bots and hired mercs for protection).

Getting the stuff isn't the problem, it's affording it.

BTW if anyone wants to convert anything reply here with it and I'll add it to the community project.
Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Added something new because of a find in the SFC:

NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: This is a light and durable suit of combat armor with a fiber-optic material that can change colors to match the general environment. The suit also masks infrared and thermal emissions, making the wearer's heat invisible to infrared and thermal systems and even then the reading/image will seem unusual. The fiber-optic covering copies and displays the surroundings to hide the user. Viewers beyond 50 feet subtract 4 from their Notice rolls to spot or hit the target as long as he moves no faster than 3” per round. At shorter distances, the sheen of the suit can be seen so the penalty is only –2. This feature has made the armor extremely popular. The NE-C20 provides +7 Armor and +1 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environment Protection. NE-CW20 armor has a Strength Minimum of d8. (13 lb, 75,000 credits)

Design notes: Uses the armor rating of Gladiator armor (closest to it in classic in terms of weight and mobility), plus the Camo suit from SFC p. 14. Price is as per Naruni Wave 2
Tales of the 17th SOG
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

How about the NE-50 Particle Beam Rifle from the Mercenaries book? :)
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

You mean this, *you* put together :P

NE-50 Particle Beam Rifle (Rifts Mercenaries pg 123)
Range 24/48/96 | Damage 3d8 + 3 | RoF 1 | AP 4 | Shots 16 | Wt. 13 lbs. | Cost 45,000
Notes: Min Str d6, Semi-Auto

Honestly, I need to look at what's there to gauge it.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

High Command wrote:You mean this, *you* put together :P

NE-50 Particle Beam Rifle (Rifts Mercenaries pg 123)
Range 24/48/96 | Damage 3d8 + 3 | RoF 1 | AP 4 | Shots 16 | Wt. 13 lbs. | Cost 45,000
Notes: Min Str d6, Semi-Auto

Honestly, I need to look at what's there to gauge it.
I don't remember what I used to come up the the range but the NE-50 has the same range in classic as the NE-10 so 20/40/80 may be a better bet. For the damage I just added a die to the TX-26 Particle Pistol. For AP the average seems to be 2 but this is a Naruni weapons so I figured it would have a little more penetration. YMMV. Shots, Weight and Cost all came from Rifts Mercenaries. It weights about the same as a NG-L5 so I went with a d6 for min Strength.
Radecliffe

Skills

Capt. Murdok

Post by Capt. Murdok »

High Command,

What about this?

NE-10 Plasma Cartridge Rifle
Weight: 20lbs.
Damage: 4d8+2
Payload: 20
Cost: 40K for the gun, each round costs 40, a full mag costs 800

The reason I am putting this out is because the NE-4 and NE-10 have the same stats.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Should anybody with Naruni weapon for increased effectiveness gain the wanted flaw at minor level for the bounty on it?
GM bennies 6/8
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Yeah, I thought the "Naruni" trapping could just be +1 Intimidate and gain Wanted (Minor): Coalition

And RE those rifle stats: 4d8+2 and ROF 3 is vehicle weapon level power, probably a little too nuts for something man-portable.
GM Bennies: 7/7
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Capt. Murdok wrote:The reason I am putting this out is because the NE-4 and NE-10 have the same stats.
They do in Classic as well. They use the EXACT same shell, with lower range for the pistol (500' vs 1200').

Damage wise in Classic, this is every bit the equal of the C-40R Railgun on the SAMAS, except it's plasma.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

This ain't Classic though. SR at least acts like the word "balance" exists. I'd use the plasma pistols stats in the SciFi Companion as a base for the pistol, regardless whether they use the same shell in Classic.

Also, I think as a way to differentiate the Naruni shells from regular plasma, it might make sense to give them a bit of AP (2 to 4,maybe) instead of the "ignores non-EVA Armor" rule (but let them keep the catch fire rule). This would jibe with the cartridges being more concentrated, with better penetration, but distinguish them mechanically so they have different strength and weaknesses than regular plasma, without just being straight up better.
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

This is a good idea and make sense to me. Convert the various cartridges and the guns become simple. Same theory I would use for Triax and BigBore rounds.

NE-001PC 'Light' Plasma Cartridge 2d6+2 MD AP 2
NE-002PC 'Medium' Plasma Cartridge 3d6+2 MD AP 2
NE-003PC 'Heavy' Plasma Cartridge 3d8+2 MD AP 4
NE-004PC 'Super Heavy' Plasma Cartridge 3d10+2 MD AP 4

All have the catch fire rule.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Tribe of One wrote:This ain't Classic though. SR at least acts like the word "balance" exists. I'd use the plasma pistols stats in the SciFi Companion as a base for the pistol, regardless whether they use the same shell in Classic.

Also, I think as a way to differentiate the Naruni shells from regular plasma, it might make sense to give them a bit of AP (2 to 4,maybe) instead of the "ignores non-EVA Armor" rule (but let them keep the catch fire rule). This would jibe with the cartridges being more concentrated, with better penetration, but distinguish them mechanically so they have different strength and weaknesses than regular plasma, without just being straight up better.
Point blank, I converted them as they stood in classic. Given this thread is months old at this point, I'm not switching streams this late in the game. The cartridges are exactly the same between guns - no difference at all. Trappings wise that means they do the same damage. Also, they are plasma bombs in cartridge form due to hyper advanced technology. It's plasma.

Also, "this aint classic" arguments do not hold water with me. You can translate the feel just fine as I've done it. The feel is the difference is range, not damage. Also, I personally can't stand that Plasma have the EBA penetration rule. They shoot bolts of plasma, not streams of it like a flamethrower. But RAW doesn't really care for what I think. I'll note that no one in the wider G+ Community had a problem with the shells as written either.

As for Bigbore, I finally have something for them. FYI, Bigbores DO NOT do extra damage, they do knockdown - their damage is minimal really. And the Triax Rounds are already done via canon stats. (they do MD, no AP)
Tales of the 17th SOG
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

I think it's a faithful adaptation of the PR Naruni guns, I just don't think it fits into the SR power curve. I can point to hundreds of examples in the Tomorrow Legion book in which PR things were translated less than faithfully in order to fit into the Savage Worlds design philosophy (plasma being one of them), but I'm not really interested in starting a debate about it. I was simply interested in potentially getting some of this Naruni stuff approved for use in games here. But it's not that pressing, and I expect we'll be seeing some official Naruni stats in Wave 2.

When that happens, I'll bet you two Bennies that the NE-4 does 2d10+2 just like in the Sci-Fi Companion. 8-)
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

I agree. I think what is up there is good and is faithful to the plasma design philosophy of SR--even if I don't like that plasma=flame thrower either.

Perhaps what we could do is start another thread and do the Wilks CFT rounds if there is any interest. We could get rid of the MD and apply an AP value to those.

As to BigBore, the shotgun rounds are already done. The Thunderer uses them and it's confirmed in Savage Foes where there are stats for the sawed off shotgun having the same 3d6 damage. My point was that you could use the Triax round damage = BigBore pistol round damage as they both are explosive rounds and the PR pistol BigBore rounds do slightly less damage than the shotgun rounds. SR abandoned the knockdown effect already so adding it back in is akin to changing the plasma design philosophy.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

I'll move the bigbore discussion into that thread. Suffice to say, losing the knockdown is about as antithecal to the concept and story of BigBore as you can get.

If the stats change in canon, they'll change here. I based them off the existing weapons in Classic and the existing translations in SR. The NE-4 was never meant to be a handgun; it's a cannon in micro-form made possible by advanced Naruni technology. It has lower range than the rifle version - again by direct design intent.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

High Command wrote:I'll move the bigbore discussion into that thread. Suffice to say, losing the knockdown is about as antithecal to the concept and story of BigBore as you can get.

If the stats change in canon, they'll change here. I based them off the existing weapons in Classic and the existing translations in SR. The NE-4 was never meant to be a handgun; it's a cannon in micro-form made possible by advanced Naruni technology. It has lower range than the rifle version - again by direct design intent.
Completely agree with this. The knockdown effect was the entire reason my characters used Big Bore weapons; I’m not sure what differentiates them without it.
Hardin and Jane
Hardin a Half-Elf Psi-Slinger
Parry: 5
Toughness: 10(3)
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d12, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6, Riding d6 + 3, Notice d8, Psionics d12, Survival d6, Intimidate d8 + 3
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +2 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis) on a raise, gains effects of Steady Hands, Resist Energy (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*) costs +1 ISP to activate and has different trappings for each attribute and linked skills
Charisma: -2 (Half-elves treated as outsiders)
Equipment of Note: A Spiffy Hat (+1 to Intimidation, Rapid Recharge Edge, +2 to damage w/TW weapons or direct damage powers, Always Present)

Jane a Bandito Arms Robot Mustang
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Swimming d6, Notice d8 + 4, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(10) MDC
Notes/Special Features:
  • All-Terrain: +2 to Riding checks
  • Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice, power armor sensor package)
  • Kick does Strength + d6 Mega Damage
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Expanded Detection and Security Array (Danger Sense Edge and +2 to Notice)
  • Extraction (Agility roll to break off from melee without giving a free attack)
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

So I am just going to throw this out there, mostly because the SR designers made plama weapons, now we just have to add in a Naruni trapping.
Add the following to any plasma ranged weapon to make it Nauruni:

Increase damage die by 1 die type and 1/2 range. +2 to intimidate when weilding a Naruni weapon. If the increase of damage die type does not work for you, just add another die of damage. I would probably just go with increase die type.

I could see a complication: restricted ammo, one must find the nearest Narui rep with a streetwise roll ( gm may apply modifiers based on likelyhood of their being a rep) to get a refill of ammo.

This suggestion is simply based off of NE-10 plasma cartridge rifle and naruni description.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
shadowdad

Post by shadowdad »

Has there been any updates to the Naruni Inc weapons?
There was a post on the Savage Rifts G+ group of a PDF of the Naruni Weapons Catalog but a lot of it was incomplete at the time.
I was just wondering if there was a more recent listing of the weapons.

Thanks!
Visit my Savage Worlds Blog: https://roleplayersimaginarium.blog/

Previously Ran: Savage Rifts: The Red Dawn Chronicles
Previously Played in: Interface Zero 2.0, Star Wars using Scum & Villainy system, The Lady of the Bayou, a supernatural mystery/horror game set in the 1820s Louisiana, using the World of Darkness (Hunter) rules.
Currently Running: Savage Sunday Rifts Game! It is every other Sunday with a whole new group of players. Follow along here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6035
Looking to run next: Savage Fantasy using the Fantasy Companion or SWPF (not sure which yet) and running it in the Ptolus City by the Spire setting.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

For SR how about Legion doesn't replace them
GM bennies 6/8
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Corrigon wrote:For SR how about Legion doesn't replace them
Ouch, that can get real pricey, some of those weapons are over 100K each.

I like the idea, but dang.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Well Northern Gun isn't a fan of Naruni (or any other competitor but especially Naruni I think) and wouldn't be happy if the Legion were officially supplying Naruni weaponry. Given the value of salvage I've seen 100K isn't horrible unless you are losing a couple of them per quarter. That would hurt.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

shadowdad wrote:Has there been any updates to the Naruni Inc weapons?
There was a post on the Savage Rifts G+ group of a PDF of the Naruni Weapons Catalog but a lot of it was incomplete at the time.
I was just wondering if there was a more recent listing of the weapons.

Thanks!
The one on G+ is an outgrowth of this and done almost wholly by me (the one heading the project did some formatting, mostly the intro.)

Here's the link to the actual working document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r0j ... sp=sharing

As for Naruni, if you have it, check out Naruni Second Wave, Aftermath, and Coalition War Campaign for details on the concerted effort that was made to eradicate Naruni from the market. Only in places like MercTown, Kingsdale, and other mercenary havens outside of Ishpeming will you find their enclaves. But they also do the travelling salesman thing better than anyone and dimensional travel is second nature to them. But short version, the CS has Bounties out on them, as does Ishpeming's bounty agencies. I think at one point Northern Gun was offering good money on trade ins simply so they could get them off the market. Of course all that only serves to drive up demand for those who want them.
Tales of the 17th SOG

Return to “Archive”