Out of Character Chatter

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Re: Out of Character Chatter

Post by High Command »

I couldn't remember the name, but yeah, I remembered it. Personally I hate the external nature of it. But it's a good site, no doubt.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

External dice rollers? No thank you. I'd rather not.
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

If possible I like everyone to just use the one we got.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Fizzwaite Zipwidget »

Fizz's Zone Ranger should be somewhere in the area. As to the Mk V Fizz should be able to get it running especially if there are any other wrecked vehicles nearby to use for parts. If B'aughb is still with us that would be helpful too.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Yeah bob probably made it out ok.

so I think we are waiting on Krys and Devek.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I am moving during the month of October. I should be able to post and respond, but no maps for any combats (I need my PC for that). We will try theater of the mind, or maybe quick combats and dramatic tasks if the occasion for combat arises.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Waiting on Devek and Krys.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ok here is the new gm post. We are going to do theater of the mind... let me know if I clarify any distances for you. http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 587#p20587
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

New GM post. Please read the notes concerning player initiative. But basically players have initiative, so post away. The action happens in the order of the post. http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 416#p21416
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Because Juicer Brodkil suck: [dice]0[/dice]
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Huh.

I dunno. I need tips.

Anyone got tips? Pro-tips?
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Tips for what?
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

I'm trying to decide what direction to advance Vela in, should she survive the giant silver mech-demon's counterattack. :)

Basically, I could focus on adding more advances to Fighting and getting melee edges...or I could focus on developing her psi powers more.

I think psi is the more 'effective' option in terms of game rules...it's hard to match the power that you can get that way, especially since cybernetics are off limits.

Was just wondering if that was the -only- path forward, or if there's mundane abilities/edges/etc that I might go for instead. I always kind of envisioned Vela as a hunter/warrior first, a psychic second...but maybe that's handcuffing myself?

I dunno! Thought I'd see what other folks thought about character progression and so forth.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

What you really need is higher damage potential, which is tough to do with only Edges. Aren't there some Shapeshifter-specific Edges in the ARES IF to enhance your claws? Those would be a good start. Giant Killer would help, and anything that makes it easier to hit and offset called shot penalties, which can boost damage and help you bypass armor.

The psionic side is an investment, but getting to Master Psionic to get the Mega version of smite might be worth it. And boost trait would be useful too.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Yeah, I think for increasing hit odds, I'm pretty much just using Advances to gain +1 to Fighting now. Not a terrible idea, but it occurs to me I can get more 'oomph' potentially with Boost Trait. Similarly, access to Speed and Quickness could be very useful. Raising psionics to Master to get mega-smite is a big investment, but not out of the question. It does kind of warp her concept from 'warrior who has some psychic powers' to 'psychic who is also a warrior' though.

I'm kind of at a point where I feel like committing to one path or the other is wise. Raising Fighting via advances will be a pretty long, slow series of investments made over several ranks. The same is true of getting more powers, more ISP, and boosting to Master Psionic. Once I start on a path, going back will be a bad idea.

I'll look into Giant Killer and the Edges that ARES characters can get. Thanks for reminding me about those. Vela can also fairly often Pounce which is a big boost to hit and damage at a relatively small cost to Parry.

In the case of the last turn, that was really just a stupid mistake on my part. I'd intended to Wild Attack and Called Shot his head, using Pounce to offset the penalty. In this case, it wouldn't have helped, but the odds would have been a little less long. I accept all that as just me posting too fast, trying to juggle lots of numbers and dropping some. :( But I'm thinking, longer term, I need a way to up my damage output. Boosting natural attacks is tempting, but the lack of AP on those means they're tricky to use on challenging foes.

I think ideally, I'd want improvements that can apply to any attack form. Boosts to Fighting, or psionics...those definitely qualify.

Thanks for the feedback though, you've given me some things to think about.

- Edit: I reviewed the Edges, and wow...Improved Beast Mode Attack is actually great. +2 damage to natural attacks which is solid...but also Smite as a free action! That's kind of huge, especially since spending a turn to buff up usually means everyone else slaughters most of the baddies before I get another turn. :)
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: Penitent, a Wormwood Apok

Post by Ndreare »

I am thinking of taking Cyber-Psychic Alignment. With the eventual plan of getting a skill port that adds +4 to Knowledge Arcane. (I originally planned this port for my Knowledge Battle, but now I have a signature device and d12+8 in Knowledge Battle and you cannot stack equipment bonuses.)

Anyone have an opinion on that or a better thing to spend the 8 XP on?
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide wrote: A chip adds or increases one specific (non-arcane) Smarts-linked skill up to four die types.
Spellcasting can't be boosted by a Subject Matter Expert Port.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Tribe of One wrote:
Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide wrote: A chip adds or increases one specific (non-arcane) Smarts-linked skill up to four die types.
Spellcasting can't be boosted by a Subject Matter Expert Port.
Will have to be knowledge (arcane) then and get a TW device for boosting Arcane Skill.
I feel like with d12+3 he is really struggling. ;) :D ;)
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

I have found this color to be a pleasant mix of "radio blue" and "just normal chatter white". - Disclaimer: This is bolded. This is the same color without being bolded.

It is #0080FF, or the 3rd color down on the far right column if you're at the PC.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Bennies: 2 (+1 quarter bonus, +1 joker, +1 Pender's oops, -4 for rerolling resist slumber. Really. -1 Reroll Spellcasting, -1 reroll spellcasting Kreeghor dramatic task, +1 massive success on task 2, +1 Big Damn Hero, +1 RP and completing the task/saving the world, -1 EE Agility, -1 EE dispel, -1 reroll damage, +2 Jokers)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: Greater Boost Trait - Spellcasting (+2 die types, d12+5); Greater Deflection (-6 to hit, additional -1 to hit ranged)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 13 (7) (Combat Mage Armor, Full Environmental Protection)
PPE: 43 / 30
Pace: 6
Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Expanded Awareness, Elan, Marksman (spellcasting), Slow Regeneration, Expert (spellcasting); all damage dealing spells are MD, all mega-versions are +5 AP
Adventure Cards: Cutting In Line - Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Weapon in hand: Scepter of Spellweaving
Weapon in holster: Shard Pistol, TW Flaming Sword
Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Sure, I will edit my post.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Returned to Terra:
Vampire's Lullaby (TW Three Barreled Shotgun)
  • Range: 12/24/48 Damage: 2d10(Silvered Slugs), RoF: 1-3, 16lbs, Shots: 3
    • When Powered weight is 4lbs. 1 ppt per hour to power. 2 ppts to reload. 3 minor, 1 major TW slots used.
    • Silver Trapping on damage
    • 10 PPE to charge device, must recharge on a layline at the rate of 1PPE per 15min.
  • Note: Read pg 56-57 for shotgun rules
    • +2 to shooting roll for spread
    • unloading both barrels:
      • Roll an aditional shooting die, just like full auto.
      • Include recoil (full auto, which cancels out the +2)
      • Roll damage for each shot separately
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

High Command wrote:Returned to Terra:
Vampire's Lullaby (TW Three Barreled Shotgun)
  • Range: 12/24/48 Damage: 2d10(Silvered Slugs), RoF: 1-3, 16lbs, Shots: 3
    • When Powered weight is 4lbs. 1 ppt per hour to power. 2 ppts to reload. 3 minor, 1 major TW slots used.
    • Silver Trapping on damage
    • 10 PPE to charge device, must recharge on a layline at the rate of 1PPE per 15min.
  • Note: Read pg 56-57 for shotgun rules
    • +2 to shooting roll for spread
    • unloading both barrels:
      • Roll an aditional shooting die, just like full auto.
      • Include recoil (full auto, which cancels out the +2)
      • Roll damage for each shot separately
Thanks! You may get it back if you want it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Interesting note and for Jon's amusement:

D-Bees of Mexico
The following D-Bees live in the American Southwest and Mexico. Some, like Psi-Goblins, represent additional dangers to humans. Others are present in very small numbers and are seldom encountered. Of course, a member of an adventurer group, mercenary squad, or heroes who have come to fight vampires or explore Mexico can be from anywhere and be of any race. However, they are not residents of Mexico, they are visitors. For example, Minions of Splugorth conduct trade and slave operations in Mexico, while Lemurians and Atlanteans are in the country to fight vampires, but none of them are residents of the Mexico.
Note: Descriptions and stats for all the D-Bees in the list, are described in Rifts® World Book 30: D·Bees of North America.
  • Aviane (Winged Warriors) pages 31-33.
    Bruutasaur - pages 37-40.
    Cactus People - pages 41-44.
    Crab Warriors pages 48-51.
    Darkhound pages 54-58.
    Dog Boys & Lone Star Mutants - page 71.
    D'norr Devilmen pages 71-72.
    Fennodi pages 83-85.
    Floopers - pages 87-89.
    Ganka - pages 93-95.
    Grackle Tooth pages 97-98.
    Iktek Diggers pages 106-109.
    Kremin Cyborg - pages 111-114.
    Larmac pages 118-120.
    Lyvorrk-pages 130-133.
    N'mbyrGorillaMan-pages 143-144.
    N'retas - pages 146-149.
    Pogtal Giants pages 156-159.
    Psi-Goblins - pages 164-166.
    Psi-Hounds & Psi-Stalkers page 166.
    Quick-Flex Aliens - pages 168-170.
    Septumbran Witch Wolves pages 177-179.
    Shapers pages 182-185.
    Shemarrian Warriors pages 185-188.
    Slurmph pages 190-193.
    Spinne pages 193-198.
    Squilbs - pages 198-200.
    Tirrvol Sword Fist - pages 201-203.
    Tokanii pages 203-206.
    Trimadore pages 206-208.
    Vanguard Brawler - pages 208-210.
    Vernulians pages 210-212.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Trying to audit each game and make sure I am caught up and no one is waiting one me. But I could not figure out the active thread for Vampire Kingdoms.

Which one is the active thread for us?
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Right now? This one, I think...

viewtopic.php?f=75&p=44515#p44515
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Thanks V
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

So I asked Jon and he would like us to post our upgrades/spoils here for approval.

Ndreare rolled a 30 netting 6 raises for 240k in credits or 6 upgrades to an existing toy. This will work great because Ndreare also has a Wondrous item: Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth.

Ndreare would like the Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth integrated with the energy/whatever of the scene into an amulet with the following powers.
  1. Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth: Teleport's to Ndreare's on demand
  2. Armor Spell (Allows the wearer to focus his will into an near indestructible force field protecting him from harm - 20,000 credits)
  3. Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (10 total - 20,000 credits)
  4. Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (15 total - 20,000 credits)
  5. Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (20 total - 20,000 credits)
  6. +1 die type Spellcasting (10,000 credits)
  7. +1 die type Spellcasting (10,000 credits)
Base Item Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth
Wondrous item: Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth: Biowizard Conversion. A single personal item is affixed with this eye making it a biowizard item. It can be summoned and readied or donned with a free action and dismissed as a normal action to any where within 40 miles. The item no longer requires any form of power and can only be used by the individual the who initially owns it. If it is a weapon add +2 damage.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

RFT wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:25 pm So I asked Jon and he would like us to post our upgrades/spoils here for approval.

Ndreare rolled a 30 netting 6 raises for 240k in credits or 6 upgrades to an existing toy. This will work great because Ndreare also has a Wondrous item: Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth.

Ndreare would like the Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth integrated with the energy/whatever of the scene into an amulet with the following powers.
  2. Armor Spell (Allows the wearer to focus his will into an near indestructible force field protecting him from harm - 20,000 credits)
  3. Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (10 total - 20,000 credits)
  4. Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (15 total - 20,000 credits)
  5. Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (20 total - 20,000 credits)
Wondrous item: Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth: Biowizard Conversion. A single personal item is affixed with this eye making it a biowizard item. It can be summoned and readied or donned with a free action and dismissed as a normal action to any where within 40 miles. The item no longer requires any form of power and can only be used by the individual the who initially owns it. If it is a weapon add +2 damage.
Looks good. Please note which rank those ppt edges are taken at. Remember tskimg the same edge twice will not stack.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn took a Wand of Dispel. She only got 1 Major mod, so it's basically just the Dispel power on a magic wand. Enchanted, so it comes with 10 PPE
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 pm Looks good. Please note which rank those ppt edges are taken at. Remember tskimg the same edge twice will not stack.
Okay,
Chose seasoned, veteran, and heroic.

Amulet of the Archmage
Through a moment of inspiration Ndreare was able to take advantage of access to the 3rd eye of Eloth. By combining it with several arcane symbols written in sillver and his own blood Ndreare was able to amplify the power in the eye. The end result is an amulet worn against the skin that bonds with the wearer. Allowing them to summon the amulet to them on demand from anywhere within 40 miles, cast Armor of Ithan and Invulnerability, in addition to providing tremendous stores of power for the spells.
  2. Armor Spell - Trapping is Invulnerability - no mechanical effect (includes 5 PPE that can only be used for Armor, Allows the wearer to focus his will into an near indestructible force field protecting him from harm - 20,000 credits)
  3. Seasoned - Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (10 total - 20,000 credits)
  4. Veteran - Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (15 total - 20,000 credits)
  5. Heroic - Power Points Edge: The wearer gains +5 PPE that can be used for his own spells or the spells of the Amulet. (20 total - 20,000 credits)
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Looks good
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Can I get Vela moved to the Cryo Freezer? I tried, but it seems normal peeps can't post to it.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Vela wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:16 pm Can I get Vela moved to the Cryo Freezer? I tried, but it seems normal peeps can't post to it.
Sure
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hey folks it is important to the story that you guys make your initial roll and tell the story of how you go out of the cavern and for what purpose. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4029#p56024

My next GM post beyond any RP, will be the team reaching a certain point. Then flashing back with some GM prompts of how they got to that point. The GM prompts will be driven by your initial skill roll, and goal/task.

Like Brody seemed interested in a hangout conversation to teleport out there and see how the rangers were being corralled.
I would want to know why that was where your characters head went.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Did i do it right? I assumed I did it correctly, basically Ndreare wants the team to work together on the big picture, then he will move down however the other melee actors move down.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ndreare wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:58 pm Did i do it right? I assumed I did it correctly, basically Ndreare wants the team to work together on the big picture, then he will move down however the other melee actors move down.
I get the feeling Nd is like a battle field commander. So most likely my gm narrative will be driven from that perpective.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:06 pm
Ndreare wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:58 pm Did i do it right? I assumed I did it correctly, basically Ndreare wants the team to work together on the big picture, then he will move down however the other melee actors move down.
I get the feeling Nd is like a battle field commander. So most likely my gm narrative will be driven from that perpective.
Cool, that is the intent, but it is hard to represent in PBP.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: Vampire Hunters”