PandionKnight

Pandion (Cyber-Knight) for review

Post by PandionKnight »

Character Sheet

Player Name: Shane
Google Handle: pandionknight
Character Name: Pandion
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Cyber-Knight (TLPG p18)

Attributes
  • Agility d8
  • Smarts d6
  • Spirit d10
  • Strength d6
  • Vigor d6
Charisma: +2
Pace: 8
Parry: 6
Toughness: 13 (6) or 15 (6) when cyber armor is engaged
Vigor d6+2;
Strain: 0

Skills:
  • Knowledge Arcane
  • Psionics d6 (Sp)
  • Fighting d8 (Ag)
  • Shooting d8 (Ag)
  • Throwing d6 (Ag)
  • Healing d6 (Sm)
  • Streetwise d8 (Sm)
  • Persuasion d8 (Sm)
  • Driving d6 (Ag)
  • Intimidation d10 (Sp)
  • Investigation d6 (Sm)
  • Notice d6 (Sm)
  • Stealth d6 (Ag)

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Code of Honour, gentleman, keeps his word, won't abuse or kill prisoners.
  • Hindrance (Major): Phobia, was attcked by a dog as a child, so can't stand to be near one..
  • Hindrance (Minor): Loyal, tries never to betray or disappoint friends.
  • Hindrance (Minor): Curious, wants to know more about everything.

Edges
  • Edge: Arcane Background.
  • Edge: Champion, +2 damage / Toughness vs supernatural evil.
  • Edge: Fleet footed, +2 Pace and d10 running die.
  • Human Edge: Improved Psi-Sword, Strength +3 x Spirit, AP 8. If split, each blade does Strength + 3x Spirit, AP 4.
  • Combat Edge: Tricky Fighter, no multi-action penalty when using a Trick in the same round as a Fighting attack. Must choose the Edge this applies to (either Agility or Smarts). Take this edge twice to apply to both.
  • Combat Edge: Florentine, master at wielding two weapons at once. Adds +1 to Fighting rolls versus an opponent with a single weapon and no shield. In addition, opponents subtract 1 from any 'gang up' bonuses against the fighter as his two flashing blades parry their blows.
  • Edge: Healer
Rolls
Credits: [dice]0[/dice]

Hero’s Journey
Cyber-Knights gain three rolls on any of the following tables: Education, Experience & Wisdom, Psionics, and Training, plus two rolls on any table except Cybernetics and Magic & Mysticism.
  • Education
    • [dice]11[/dice]
    • My character is a talented medic and a huge boon for any group he runs with. He has a Healer Edge and Healing skill at d6.
  • [Psionics
    • [dice]12[/dice]
    • Choose a power my character knows and on successful activation, gains raise effect automatically
  • Training
    • [dice]13[/dice]
    • Quite some combat experience. Gains +5 skill points, these can be spent on: Fighting, Shooting, or Throwing in any combination.
  • [Psionics
    • [dice]14[/dice]
    • Many psionics develop a powerful presence that aids them in influencing and unnerving others. My character gains +2 on all Intimidation and Persuasion checks. As well, if he has the fear power, he gains +2 when using it.
  • [Underworld & Black-Ops
    • [dice]15[/dice]
    • Though few and far between, the cities of Rifts Earth are the hubs of what remains of civilization, vital as sources of information. My character understands the ebb and flow of streets and alleyways, gaining a d8 in Streetwise. He is also good at creating fakes of necessary papers, badges and the like; he's got experience and training in Forgery (treat as Common Knowledge), with a +2 to related checks.
Last edited by PandionKnight on Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 30 times in total.
PandionKnight

Power Sheet

Post by PandionKnight »

3 Bennies
Beginning 3
Track expenditures here
ISP: 20/20
Recovery: 1 per hour
Adventure Card:

Generous Succubus (Boost Trait; 2 I.S.P.) [Rank]
Range: Smarts
Duration: 3 (1/round)
Trapping: Physical change, glowing aura, potions. When casting the Generous Succubus, my hands glow green: when giving a boost a small orb quickly flies to the recipient and appears to be absorbed by them; my hands and the orb appear red when lowering an attackers trait.
Effect: +/- 1 die type to any Trait, 2 with a raise. 1-5 Targets for a like amount of PPE.

Battler's Bequest (Warrior's Gift; 4 I.S.P.) [Rank]
Range: Touch
Trapping: With a few whispered words, a faint vapour floats towards the recipient and bestows the warrior's gift.
Effect:

Doppelganger (Deflection; 2 I.S.P.) [Rank]
Range: Touch
Trapping: A mystical distortion of my physical form, my attacker sees double as though I had a siamese twin.
Effect: To misdirect incoming melee and missle attacks (attackers -2 from any fighting, shooting or other attack rolls).
Last edited by PandionKnight on Mon May 14, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PandionKnight

Gear Sheet

Post by PandionKnight »

Cyber-Knight Medium Armor (TW)
  • Armor +6 and +1 embedded Toughness.
  • Strength Minimum: N/A
  • Full Environmental Protection while powered.
  • Weight: 3 lb / 14 lb without power
  • Note: Medium Armor suits include either the healing or succor power (recipient’s choice), which can be used on self or others.

Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol
  • Range: 18/36/72
  • Damage: 2d6, AP 2
  • RoF: 1
  • Shots: 20
  • Weight: 2 lbs
  • Notes: Semi-Auto

NG-L5 Laser Rifle
  • Range: 25/50/100
  • Damage: 3d6, AP 1
  • RoF: 1
  • Shots: 20
  • Weight: 14 lbs
  • Notes: Min Str d6, Semi Auto

NG-S2 Survival Pack
This Northern Gun classic is a fairly common starting item those roaming the wilds. It contains just about everything needed for basic survival. (30 lb)
  • 2 person tent, +20% water supplies
    Sleeping bag
    Flashlight w/knife; solar
    Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
    Short range (5 mile) radio
    First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
    Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
    Three ‘saw wires’
    Fire starter
    Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
    4 signal flares
    Climbing kit w/30 rope
    Soap and washcloth
    Canteen
    2 weeks rations
    Wooden Stakes (6) Strapped to side of Pack
Silver Cross around Neck
[bCoake's Signet Ring[/b] worn on right hand.

1100 credits
Last edited by PandionKnight on Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PandionKnight

Background

Post by PandionKnight »

Background:
PandionKnight

Advancement Tracker

Post by PandionKnight »

Iconic Framework
  • Cyber-amour: As a free action, can summon an organic metal shell, granting +2 Toughness.
  • Cyberkinetic Combat: Any purely technology-based attacks, such as lasers, rail guns, and vibro-blades, suffer -2 to hit. This ability stacks with the deflection power.
  • First into Battle: Begin with +2 Pace and a d10 running die. If they take the Fleet-Footed Edge, the Pace bonuses stack and the running die becomes a d12.
  • Inner Light: Begin with the Champion Edge.
  • Intense Combat Training: Begins play with Fighting d8 and two Combat Edges (meeting all the requirements except Rank
  • Minor Psionic: Have Arcane Background (Psionics), 10 ISP, three powers, and Psionic 6. They have access to the following powers: armour, barrier, bolt, boost Trait*, confusion, darksight, deflection*, environmental protection, havoc, healing*, pummel, quickness, smite*, speak language, speed*, succor, warrior’s gift. Powers marked with * are usable only on Cyber-Knights but activate as free action inflicting no multiple actions.
  • Psi-Sword: As a free action, can summon forth a blade of spirit and will. Does Strength + Spirit x2 damage with AP 6. Can inflict Mega Damage.
  • Revered Protectors: Enjoy +2 Charisma when dealing with those who know and love them as guardians of life and freedom.
  • Code of Honour: Must adhere to codes and philosophies of the Order. Transgressions will lose powers (p20).

Hero’s Journey
Cyber-Knights gain three rolls on any of the following tables: Education, Experience & Wisdom, Psionics, and Training, plus two rolls on any table except Cybernetics and Magic & Mysticism.
  • Education (3): My character is a talented medic and a huge boon for any group he runs with. He has a Healer Edge and Healing skil at d6.
  • Psionics (11): Choose a power my character knows and on successful activation, gains raise effect automatically
  • Training (1): Quite some combat experience. Gains +5 skill points, these can be spent on: Fighting, Shooting, or Throwing in any combination.
  • Psionics (18): Many psionics develop a powerful presence that aids them in influencing and unnerving others. My character gains +2 on all Intimidation and Persuasion checks. As well, if he has the fear power, he gains +2 when using it.
  • Underworld & Black-Ops (9): Though few and far between, the cities of Rifts Earth are the hubs of what remains of civilization, vital as sources of information.My character understands the ebb and flow of streets and alleyways, gaining a d8 in Streetwise. He is also good at creating fakes of necessary papers, badges and the like; he's got experience and training in Forgery (treat as Common Knowledge), with a +2 to related checks.
Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances):
  • Free Edge (Human): Improved Psi-Sword, Strength +3 x Spirit, AP 8. If split, each blade does Strength + 3x Spirit, AP 4.
  • Cybernetic Modifications:
  • Novice 1 Advance: Vigor went from d4 to d6
  • Novice 2 Advance:
  • Novice 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 1 Advance:
  • Seasoned 2 Advance:
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Pandion (Cyber-Knight) for review

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

PandionKnight wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:So it looks like you got ypur skills and attributes dialed in. Lets look at the two CK: edges you took. Combat Sense and Overrun. CK lets you ignore rank requirments but you must meet all other requirements. So overrun requires charge, and charge needs a d10 in fighting. Combat sense needs a d8 notice. If you want to pick them up I would say you need to go back to your skills and adjust the points. It would be pricey because to raise the skills correctly it would cost 4 skill points.

That initself might not be too expensive if you adjust your attributes. You could have a d10 agility and d8 smarts pretty easily if you drop your str to a d4 and spirit to a d8.

The other option would be to choose different combat edges that fall more in line with your current attributes and skills. You can agment this by picking warriors gift as a power if having access to more combat edges is super important to you.
Right, how's this - I added Warrior's Gift when I eventually found it (SWDp139). The combat edge Overrun has been replaced with Tricky Fighter and Combat Sense has been removed. No skill stats changes required, I think?
This is getting closer... Warriors Gift is a power ( CKs get 3 powers of their list in the tomorrow legion, one of which could be warriors gift), it is separate from the combat edges. So you could go with Tricky Fighter and one more combat edge. Then take Warriors Gift as one of your 3 powers.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
PandionKnight

Post by PandionKnight »

I swapped Dirty Fighter for the Florentine combat edge, figured it would go better with split psi-blades
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

PandionKnight wrote:I swapped Dirty Fighter for the Florentine combat edge, figured it would go better with split psi-blades
Cool, edges are getting closer to being good to go. Just a couple of things:

Warriors gift is not an edge but it is a power that CKs can take.

You have tricky fighter listed as your other CK edge. While you can ignore rank requirements, you must meet the other requirements, just specify that tricky fighter is agility based.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

I cleaned up the thread for the stuff you've already done. I also expanded your sheet out to the proper number of replies as well.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
PandionKnight

Post by PandionKnight »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
PandionKnight wrote:I swapped Dirty Fighter for the Florentine combat edge, figured it would go better with split psi-blades
Cool, edges are getting closer to being good to go. Just a couple of things:

Warriors gift is not an edge but it is a power that CKs can take.

You have tricky fighter listed as your other CK edge. While you can ignore rank requirements, you must meet the other requirements, just specify that tricky fighter is agility based.

I have three powers.
Tricky Fighter is agility based, I get that.
Are we done with edges?
PandionKnight

Post by PandionKnight »

High Command wrote:I cleaned up the thread for the stuff you've already done. I also expanded your sheet out to the proper number of replies as well.
Thank you. It looks great.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Its looking really good. Thanks HC for cleaning up the sheet. Pan, take a look at the powers. In the trappings part tell me what they each look like. Try to describe what happens when for example boost trait is activated, and then if possible come up with a cool “Trapping Name”.

For eaxmple:
CK waterknight, has the deflection power and it looks like a ton of moisture in the air surrounding him causing foes to miss him. I call it Liquid Liner.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Pandion Cyber Knight

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

3/6

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 13th SET - The Quiet Ones”