Post by hobo joe »

Local Conditions wrote: WILDRERNESS
  • Population: thousands
  • Date & Time: 1345 October 24 PA110
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line 100' away
  • Weather: Sunny, 54 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good, overcast
Nameless Map

WOULD YOU LET THEM EAT PINEAPPLE WHEN THEY SHOULD BE EATING LEMON!! [Awktek, Chevy, Egil, Tiberius, Whisper]

Tiberius starts the salvage process but soon he is locked in a debate with Whisper. Chevy and Egil do most of the work, and salvaging is grisly work. There are a total upon final count 19 dead CS men and dog boys. They expended a large amount of ammunition in the fight. That big of a group of soldiers leaves behind a lot of stuff. Chevy looks around at the growing pile of loot and is confident that there is more than enough room in Bop for just this sort of pre-owned items. He inspects the items as the come aboard and is quickly able to tell the garbage from actual salvage. While Chevy is checking gear, Egil is drawing other conclusions from the gear, namely, that the psi-stalker's body isn't hear. With this many dog boys, there had to be at least one psi stalker. As he pokes around the site puzzling this out, he is about 80% sure there was a psi-stalker. But he's not here now.

Tiberius and Whisper debate the work, talk about doing stuff and then agree that stuff should be done. And by the time they are done with their debate, things have all been done, so clearly their leadership was effective.

Awketeck damn near reads the CS dead prayers, he provides them with a finer burial then they would have received anywhere else, even in Chi-Town. But up in flames they go, but through careful management, they blaze creates little smoke. From overhead, the blaze would be very visible. But from the ground, through the thick trees, there is only a flickering of the flame for only the most observant to see.

Fire-play done, Awktek takes to the air in a lazy circuit a hundred feet up or so. North of their position, following the stream, he can't help but notice a friggin' Glitter Boy sort of leaning over a Coalition dude on the sandy bank. The Dead Boy does not look good, but he's moving.

BUZZ OFF CLOWN, I'LL GET DRESSED WHEN I'M GOOD AND READY [Nomel]

While most Fennodi would stop to help the downed man out of a sense of compassion, that is not why Nomel has stopped. He still had some of his racial predilections for outdoor pursuits and had wandered off the main path. He was heading vaguely west through some thick understory, which obscured most of his vision past maybe ten feet. A few minutes ago, he'd heard the battle, so naturally he had to check it out. He finally pushed through the trees and thorny bushes. Walking a little bit further he stopped at edge of a nice little stream. It was most definitely too cold to leave the comfort of the Glitter Boy, but there was something very intriguing there.

Lying on the ground in front of him was a Dead Boy slowly crawling towards some sort of blocky transmitter device. Checking his sensors. Nomel can see that the device is still emitting a faint signal. The Dead Boy is moving slow, creeping inch by inch in a painful crawl. He has cuts and gouges out of his armor, blood is leaking into the sandy riverbank. There are spikes on his helmet. The Dead Boy doesn't seem to have noticed the towering, sparkling, Glitter Boy only teen feet away from him.

For Nomel's part though, he doesn't notice the dragon overhead.

What are you doing?
Salvage Party
Total Haul:
  • 11x DPM 101 "Dog Pack" Light Riot Armor -- 2 salvageable
    8x CA-7 Special Forces Heavy "Dead Boy" Body Armor -- 3 salvageable
    9x C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifles w/ 4 e-clips ea -- 8 salvageable, 4 e-clips full
    9x C-14 "Fire Breather" Laser Rifles w/ 4 e-clips ea, total 18 High explosive grenades left -- 4 salvageable, 5 e-clips full
    1x C-27 Heavy Plasma Cannon w/ 3 e-clips -- salvageable, 1 e-clip full
    19x C-18 Laser Pistols w/ 4 e-clips ea -- 12 salvageable, 15 e-clips full
    1x Hand-held Mini-Rail Gun (2 mods) 28 shots -- salvageable
    18x Vibro-knives -- 12 salvageable
    2x Frag grenades
    1x High explosive grenade
    4x Survival pack equivalents
Butcher's Bill:
  • Egil: -1 Stealth, -1 Pace--Until he takes his stuff off to dry it out, or 4 hours otherwise.

Architect

Re: Episode 12: Till Death Do Us Part

Post by Architect »

What Does a Dragon Know?__
  • Notice 5 success
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice]
  • Ace Notice [dice]4[/dice]
  • Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
  • K/Common 5 success
  • K/Common [dice]2[/dice]
  • Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
<AwkTek radios back to the Nameless.>

"I have a Glitter Boy (or Girl) north of your position that maybe transmitting a signal."

"Also have a survivor from the CS/Xiticix battle. Armor is torn up. Still has its helmet on ..."

"... You know spikes on a helmet like that, must make it very hard to stand into the wind."

"And to top it all of, there is some sort of black box on the ground that the Dead Head is crawling towards."

"The Dead Head is focused on the box. The Glitter Boy seems focused on the Dead Head. Neither of them notice me."

"Will continue to hold position. Can't miss me."

<AwkTek's wind rushed comms cut out.>
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Notice 5, Common Knowledge 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Wild CK [dice]3[/dice]
Nomel sighs. Great, a CS trooper. Probably would put a laser behind my left eye-flap as soon as look at me, but... Well, just because he's probably a horse's sphincter doesn't mean I get to be one, too.

The Glitterboy walks forward, interposing himself between the crawling man and the box--which could be a weapon, or a beacon to call in an airstrike, or who knows what else, after all--and crouches down a bit. "Hey there, Soldier. Why don't you rest that wounded bod of yours for a spell. I got the standard medical gear in my pack--we can see about getting you patched up, maybe? This fight's over, I think."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Shooting d8; Fighting d8; Psionics d10; Notice d4+2 (+4 Visual); Know: Battle d8; Know: Elec d4; Streetwise d4; Investigation d4
Cha: +2
In Suit, w/o Staff: Pace 10/Run d10; Parry: 6 (Size 3); Toughness 26 (18 MD)
In Suit, w/Staff: Parry 5 (Size 3)
Out of Suit: Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 6; Toughness 11 (5) [Huntsman]
Edges: Telemechanics, Major/Master Psionics; w/Staff: Imp. Sweep
Hindrances: Curious, Illiterate, Anemic
Other: +2 Visual Notice, Infravision, Cold Vulnerability, Distinctive D-Bee
Other Glitterboy: FEP w/Life Support, Lasers = 1/2 Damage, +2 Notice from Electronics Suite
Bennies: 2/3
ISP: 24/40

Powers: Telepathy, Intangibility, Armor, Stun
  • Q4/18 Adventure Card
    Noble Sacrifice: "Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead."
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice and Common Knowledge
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge on the spiked helmet [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Egil stands close to the makeshift pyre still trying to dry out but also captivated by the flames. He fights the urge to paint himself in blood and mud and then dance around the fire.

Kill the pig. Cut her throat. Spill her blood. What? Where the hell did that come from?”

The psi-stalker figures its his implants acting up again and is about to ask Chevy for a socket wrench when Awktek’s transmission comes in.

Spikes on the helmet? I guess we found the psi-stalker…

“Hey Eye in the Sky, this is the Bleeding Edge. Looks like you found the psi-stalker. Knew there had to be one with this many Dog Boys piled up. Don’t roast em’ if you can prevent it. I’ll be there in two wing flaps.”
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Architect

Post by Architect »

"Copy that. Eye in the Sky, over and out"

It is worth humoring Egil. Sometimes I think I even understand him.

Curiosity gets the better of AwkTek and he heads down for closer inspection. He flys right in front of the Glitter Boy about ten feet and then lands maybe five feet to its left and clearly blocking the Deadhead's approach to the box, even further. Once landed, he changes into his eight year old boy form and heads over to inspect the struggling Deadhead.

"Got to say Hornhead, that helmet looks a bit awkward. May need to pull you from that armor to take care of your wounds. On the other hand that armor may be applying the only pressure to keep you from bleeding out."
Elective Surgery__
  • K/Electronics 6 success
  • K/Electronics [dice]0[/dice]
  • K/Engineering 4 success
  • K/Engineering [dice]2[/dice]
  • Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

The GB jumps a bit, the pilot obviously startled by the sudden arrival of a dragon. "Wha--where'd you come from?" His head shakes for a moment. "Wait... I was just fixin' to see if this fella wants some first aid."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy
Skills: Shooting d8; Fighting d8; Psionics d10; Notice d4+2 (+4 Visual); Know: Battle d8; Know: Elec d4; Streetwise d4; Investigation d4
Other Glitterboy: FEP w/Life Support, Lasers = 1/2 Damage, +2 Notice from Electronics Suite

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
    Noble Sacrifice: "Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead."
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek waves back at the Glitter Boy. In a rather loud voice he says, "I am AwkTek with the Nameless from Castle Refuge. I am just checking to see if Hornhead's suit is saving his life or hindering it. I am sure we can use your medical kit as I have none."

AwkTek leans over the CS soldier and begins carefully removing things that are not important to the function of the armor or stabilizing the individual in the armor. "Just cover me, in case it tries something stupid."
Going Mental
  • Psionics 8
  • Psionics [dice]0[/dice]
  • Aced Psionics [dice]2[/dice]
  • Wild Psionics [dice]1[/dice]
  • Telepathy - "Relax. Everything is okay. Breathe and Relax."
    Targeting the Psi-Stalker only. No general prodcasts.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Nomel nods, and hands over his NG-S2 without hesitation. "I'm glad you were here, then. I was going to have to decide between trying to use the kit with my big hands, or take the risk of coming out of the suit. While you're doing that, do you mind if I examine the box--carefully, of course."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Architect

Post by Architect »

"Be my guest. If you need some assistance, just describe what you see and I will try and walk you through your inspection."

Taking the NG-S2, AwkTek begins applying field dressings and bandages as well as cutting back the CS armor by removing straps and bindings in an effort to stabilize the bleed outs and get the person inside stabilized before shock sets in.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

"Well," said Whisper as she stretched languorously and pushed off from the side of the BoP, where she'd been lounging and watching the salvage operations. "A glitterboy and Coalition psi-stalker sound more interesting than this. Excuse me for a moment, won't you?"

Darkness like smoke rose around the sorceress and suddenly contracted down to the silhouette of a bird, standing in the spot where Whisper had been. The featureless shadow retreated beneath ebony feathers, beak and eyes...a raven shuffled its feat and clacked its beak.

"Gaaahhhh," the raven croaked, then rasped, "I'm going to need to find a way to listen to radios like this. GAAAH."

Then she flapped off, following the same path Awktek had taken. Presently she spotted the outlandish drama taking place below, and found an opportune tree branch overhead to watch from.
Exalted Shapechange 9 (so she can still talk and cast spells; 5 PPE spent)
[dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
(For scanning before popping the suit.)

Psionics [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Psionics [dice]3[/dice]
Activating Telepathy with 2 ISP to trigger Telemechanics for +4 bonus to K: Elec.

Knowledge: Electronics [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Knowledge: Elec [dice]5[/dice]
ACE running total [dice]6[/dice]
The GB turns to face the box. After looking it over for a moment, and taking a scan of the area to make sure there's no further possible threats at the moment, he pops open the suit, reaching out to touch the side of it. "I use a slightly different means of examining things..." As he continues his examination, he blinks, one of his eye-flaps folding to better look at the Dragon. "You said you were with the Nameless? Excellent! The Castle sent me out as a, ah, reinforcement." The term 'replacement' might be best avoided right now--he doesn't know the details of his predecessor's leaving, after all. "My name's Nomel Sagia. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Awk."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

Notice 5 (7 for Vision), Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

+2 to Vision Based Checks
Returning to the BoP, Tiberius makes note of the stacks of equipment Chevy has neatly stored in the cargo area of the BoP. Climbing aboard the vehicle he comments to Chevy, "It looks like the others are making their own way to the newcomers. I shall accompany you in the BoP if you do not mind. Do you think you can navigate to the coordinates where young AwkTek is currently located, Master Chevy?"

Desiring to get a better view of the area Tiberius turns and climbs the ladder to the roof access hatch, hanging on for dear life as Chevy navigates the rough terrain. Once on the roof he crouches with a good grip on a hand hold and scans the skies for signs of AwkTek. It is good to be able to feel the wind in my face. These machines are impressive but even after all these years I still remember the sensation of riding at a full gallop with the wind causing your eyes to water. Tiberius sighs at the unbidden reminisce and returns his attention skyward.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Bennies: 3 of 3
1 golden bennie

Tiberius

Player: James

Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 Run Die: d6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 6(2)
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

• Date & Time: 1355 October 24 PA110
Nameless Map

WITH SIX TUMMY TINGLER MALTS, LOOK WHAT YOU GET FREE! [Everyone plus a psi-stalker!]

Awktek has learned enough in the big wide world to know that Dead Boy like this guy with the spiked helmet is a psi-stalker. Knowing his friend Egil, the young dragon knows that they are pretty tough. Nomel too, understands the significance of the armor, but still has the quality personality to care about the CS trooper. After their surprise introduction, the two trusting individuals--innocent dragon? equally innocent Fenodi?--proceed to cooperate and each take a vital task.

Awktek, the baby version, starts to poke around at the psi-stalker. He's hurt, but Awktek isn't sure how bad, the human (close enough) body is so weird and squishy. But he is quite certain the armor is toast. From the back it doesn't look totally destroyed, despite numerous deep gouges. The arms are covered in many slashes. Several have penetrated the armor, with blood oozing out of the cuts. The legs are the least damage, but are hardly undamaged. The patient groans as Awktek rolls him to look at the front side. Here is where the damage is most obvious, and probably fatal wounds. Yeah, the armor is not holding anything in.

The psi-stalker passes out (probably not totally dead) when Awktek contacts him with telepathy. The armor is surprisingly intuitive for an emergency release. Awktek gets the psi-stalker out without too much effort. Investigating the armor, Awktek realizes that the faint beacon they'd noticed was from the armor and shut down when the armor was off. However, despite that and the medkit, the fella doesn't seem to get any better. He's still mostly dead.

Nomel approaches the box, with a requisite amount of care, that is, staying in the Glitter Boy at first. When all seems more or less calm, Nomel's closer investigation, including his psychic assistance, provides him with a fairly detailed picture of the "box". It's tracking mechanism. It has a molecular adhesive and an extra strong housing. It seems to transmit in the infrasound range. Which, as a small tidbit of random information in Nomel's head, is undetectable by xiticix.

Whisper is next to the part, flitter through the trees. Crows don't flitter I suppose. Whisper's bird form flies though trees and up over the canopy in that confident, strong way of a crow. It's kind of funny, as she looks around. Because of Mr Dragon, all the other birds have vacated the area! She can see several birds of prey retreating swiftly into the distance. When she arrives at the Mr Baby Dragon's location, easy to spot a baby human and a Glitter Boy. There are plenty of trees to choose from for a perch. She has no idea what the box is, but it's painfully clear that the psi-stalker is not doing well.

It actually isn't that big of a mystery, especially for Egil, despite his "independent" nature, knows exactly what the spike helmet means. He runs up the river bed and reaches the Glitter Boy and dragon-baby as they are well into their tasks. He's not surprised by Awktek's current form. But the fennodi is somewhat of a surprise, especially with a Glitter Boy. He (that's Egil's best guess) is investigating a box thing. Awktek appears to be manhandling the psi-stalker with something vaguely related to care.

Chevy and Tiberius take the slow road. The easiest path is just to drive up the river. At it's deepest, the ATV has only the top few feet exposed. So as Tiberius rides atop the massive vehicle, it seems almost like riding a small, swift boat. Sealed up nice and snug inside, Chevy isn't really hampered by the water, it just means he has to go a little bit slower. He once heard of nuclear submarines that could stay underwater for months and months.

Tiberius hops off as BoP reaches the new rally point. The new guy is messing with the aforementioned box. Awktek is trying to administer aid to the psi-stalker, but the poor soul looks horrible. Stripped of his armor the psi-stalker looks frail and thin. His chest is a mess, blood everywhere, maybe some guts hanging out. Bad news.

Even focused on the box Nomel is well aware of the growing number of other people arriving (he doesn't realize the crow is part of the gang though!).

What are you doing?
Salvage Party
Total Haul:
    9x C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifles w/ 4 e-clips ea -- 8 salvageable, 4 e-clips full
    9x C-14 "Fire Breather" Laser Rifles w/ 4 e-clips ea, total 18 High explosive grenades left -- 4 salvageable, 5 e-clips full
    2x Frag grenades
Butcher's Bill:
  • It's all good!

Architect

Post by Architect »

Speaking to no one in particular, "I can't put him back together. He isn't a machine or electronics. I could try hold him together psychically."

"But I found the beacon and it disabled once the armor was off. Maybe it was psychically connected to the psi-stalker?"

Noting the arrivals of the other Nameless members, including Whisper-bird. "Nomel. Allow me to introduce you to the rest of the Nameless."

"Driving the BoP is Chevy a Quik-Flex."

"Over there," without looking up, "Is Egil our resident Psi-Stalker and Crazy."

"Next is Whisper," AwkTek wiggles his little human boy fingers up at 'the little birdie', "Shadow Mage or is it Sorceress? I am still learning the differences."

"The Nameless's newest addition, other than yourself, is Master Tiberius. An Elven Cyber-Knight."

Standing up from the Psi-Stalker, "He has passed out and may not wake up. I am going to join Nomel for a bit with the black box. He is using a technique I have yet to learn or master."
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Nomel nods as he examines the box. "This is a tracking mechanism. Exceptionally sturdy. It transmits in infrasound--I'd say specifically designed to be unheard by the Xiticix." The young Fennodi is just getting back into his Glitterboy as AwkTek performs introductions. "A pleasure to meet you all. I have my orders from Castle Refuge, here, assigning me to this SET." He looks around, unsure who he should be presenting them to.
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Architect

Post by Architect »

AwkTek climbs the side of the Glitter Boy, because he is curious, takes 'the orders' and climbs back down.

"Odd thing is, this is the first set of 'orders' that have ever been presented to 'this SET'."

AwkTek inspects the paperwork, not really sure of what should and should not be on 'these orders'.

"Most of our members have assigned themselves to the Nameless or were adopted by the Nameless, I guess you could say, 'Informally'. Chevy and myself we are the only original members of the 'SET'."

"Chevy loves to drive and he is good at it. Doesn't take much to the leadership or command unless you are in his ride and then you better be paying attention."

"Myself, I am new to Rifts America. Not entirely certain of organizational structures here."

"As to leadership, well that is a mixed bag of demon worms. Our Sergeant and Corporal we lost during or after our last assignment, Garnet Town. And command hasn't seen need to really promote anyone to the positions. I will say that from a general feel of things, between you Nomel and Tiberius here, we could organize leadership fairly well."

Tapping on the Glitter Boy to get Nomel's attention, "Should we be moving that box? Does it need to be deactivated?"

Walking over to the BoP and Tiberius, AwkTek climbs the side of the BoP and presents 'the orders' to the Cyber Knight. Climbing back down he will return to the CS Psi-Stalker to see what he can do to ease the poor man's pain, since he is not sure what else to do to save the poor guy.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Egil bounds through the forest. Leaping roots and rocks at a clip that matches the ‘Bop. He crouches down next to the psi-stalker and nudges him a little with his toe.

“Told you guys we psi-talkers are tough as nails. Pinnacle of human evolution is what we are. This one is a Dead Head sell out, though. Otherwise, you’d see a pile of the bugs out here. Damn shame about his pups, too. Oh well…”

Egil cocks his head at the Glitter Boy with a perplexed look on his face. After Awktek makes the introductions, Egil strolls up and looks into the shiny visor of the power armor.

“Who might you Nobleman? You’re not like most power armor pilots by the smell of ya. But then again, you gotta be special to hang with us. Are you like Glitter Boy royalty being a nobleman and all?”
Jarvis Ursus
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

The raven in the trees grackled, then dropped off its branch to plummet to the ground like a tiny comet made of black flame and smoke. It expanded as it went until bursting into a puff of shadow on the earth that was large enough for Whisper to step out of.

She gave the dragon an annoyed look. "For future reference, Architect, it's considered bad form to call an ally out like that. When I'm prepared to reveal myself, I shall. Until then, I'd appreciate your cooperation."

Then the silhouette turned her attention to the glitterboy.

"It's taken us some time to get this far in a wheeled vehicle, but here you are. You must not have come from Castle Refuge. How did you come to be part of the Tomorrow Legion?"

She glanced at the mortally wounded psi-stalker, and the transmitter.

"Healing injuries is not a magic I have been...well suited for, unfortunately. I could make his last moments more comfortable I suppose. And perhaps get a little information out of him before he expires. Such as what that thing is for."
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

The Glitterboy turns from one person to another, addressing each in turn, calmly making sure he gets to all of them in due course.

He nods at AwkTek first. "I see. Well, I grew up on a ranch--we didn't really have a command structure there, either. I'm fine with just fillin' my role, which'll usually deal with this, I imagine." He pats the Boom Gun. Then, gesturing around the battlefield, he continues, "I seem to have caught up with you all in a bit of a situation. What happened here, do you know?"

Then he looks to Egil. "Nobleman? Me? No, no, my name's Nomel. If there's somethin' special about me, it'd be how well I get along with Gabrielle." For emphasis, he thumps the GB's chest. "Beyond that, I'm just another Fennodi."

Finally, he addresses Whisper--petite and slender and dark to his oversized, bulky and shining frame, they make a fair contrast when facing each other. "Well, ma'am, please don't be too hard on Awk, here--I think he was figurin' I'm an ally, too. Leaving one in the dark is almost as rude as revealing one, don't you think?" He has an amused, easy-going tone. "As for getting out here--well, actually, I did come from the Castle. They had some sorta supply convoy passing by a ways to the south o' here, heading further east--medicine and food for some towns that've been dealing with Ley Line storms, I guess. I got a berth on one of the hovertrucks that had some empty space, and then they dropped me off when we were in the neighborhood. I been walkin' maybe a day to catch up to y'all."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

"Hmm, I prefer asking for forgiveness rather than asking for permission," chuckles Whisper in response to Nomiel's comment about rudeness.

"As for what's going on...you're witness to the remnants of a Coalition patrol that got into a scrap with some Xiticix, by the look of things. Have you been briefed on our assignment?"
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

The Glitterboy chuckles at Whisper's response. "That's a good line; I'll need to remember it, time comes."

"As for your assignment, sadly, ma'am, they didn't have much time for briefin' me before the convoy left. Said y'all'd fill me in as needed."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

• Date & Time: 1405 October 24 PA110
Nameless Map

CHECK OUT TIME AT THE HANNIBAL HOTEL IS 10AM [Everyone plus a psi-stalker!]

The little river keeps babbling away, a little shallower here than the spot down river with all the carnage. The little eddies in the small rocks and pebbles. The overcast sky is bright, the light throughout the little beach is even, with few shadows. The air temp is still cool, but the morning chill is gone. For those not in environmental armor, it's quite pleasant. But the severely wounded psistalker makes sure no one forgets what is roaming around out in these woods.

The comatose psitalker doesn't respond to Egil's little love tap. But he does quiver as Whisper passes by, displaying her magical nature. Even a half dead psistalker can't ignore a meal like that.

Nomel's orders say join up with the Nameless, including a direction of travel and a "good luck". No mention of why. From what little Tiberius knows about the Tomorrow Legion, these orders look realistic enough. Plus, Glitter Boy pilots have a reputation for being the "good guys". In addition, the fenodi seem to tend toward being the "good guys" as well.

But Chevy isn't nearly as concerned with the pilot but he instantly recognizes that the GB's radio is just powerful enough to reach Castle Refuge, in case they feel like reporting what they've found, maybe.

What are you doing?
Salvage Party
Total Haul:
    2x Frag grenades
Butcher's Bill:
  • It's all good!

Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice: 6
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Egil looks down at the psi-stalker and frowns.

“This cat ain’t gonna last long. If we can’t patch him up, then we need to at least make it quick. Send him to the big Death Head in the sky or whatever these Coalition dudes believe in.”

To Nomel,

“Nomel? Just Nomel? You need to come up with somethin’ better than that if you are to hang with us. But hey, you definitely got the tools and I’m willing to bet you also got the talent or you wouldn’t be here. If those papers say yer cool, I think we need to get to movin’ on movin’ on. We got first hand knowledge that the bugs are a problem now thanks to the C-boys. Best we do what we set out to do. Speaking of which can we tell you about that? I hope it ain’t one of those ‘if I tell ya, I have to kill ya’ situations. That would suck. I know if I say anything more, we definitely will have to kill that guy on the ground. Which may be for the best given his condition. I mean, if I said anything more and then had to stick a vibro-blade in his skull it would be an act of mercy right? “
Last edited by Jarvis Ursus on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jarvis Ursus
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Inside Gabrielle, Nomel's eyes blink on their flaps as he listens to Egil. "Does anyone of you have medical training, or magic, to try and heal this poor sod?" A pause. "If someone else wants to take care of him, you and I can step away and you can brief me on our mission out of his earshot, if you like."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

• Date & Time: 1410 October 24 PA110
Nameless Map

THE MAN IS NUTS [Everyone plus a psi-stalker!]

The CS psi-stalker is alive. But the amount of time he will stay that way is unknowable. It's a time of choice for the Nameless. Do they leave this poor psi-stalker to die of his wounds or starvation? Do they give him a quick death? Or maybe load him into Bop and try and find a real doctor?

Recap: On the road! Found some dead CS fellas! Found some Xiticix spoor (sounds fancy, right?)! There was talk about radioing Castle Refuge. Egil is pondering the other psi-stalkers. Nomel is trying to get to know the Nameless. Tiberius and Chevy are reviewing their recent acquisitions in Bop. Awktek is there too, with proof of sorts that Nomel is who he claims to be. Whisper questions Nomel (in truth, Nomel does not know the assignment).

There's a gentle breeze (that's new), a babbling brook, some greenery of a slightly orangey-gold variety.

Besides the brook babbles, there are still no forest noises.

What are you doing?
Salvage Party
Total Haul:
    2x Frag grenades
Butcher's Bill:
  • It's all good!

Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Whisper spreads her hands.

"I wasn't taught magic to save lives, I'm afraid. If no one can help him, I can take his pain away. Perhaps get some idea of what he was doing out here. That's the extent of what I can offer in this case."

"Nomiel, I'd be happy to fill you in on the mission, but I think it should wait until after his fate is decided. I'd hate to discuss classified information in front of him, only to discover that we're returning him to the Coalition."
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

“You know, everybody I don't know what to say. I wish I could take this dude’s pain away. But that can't happen and everybody knows it's true...and if you have to know I'll never understand you. So if you have to go then you'd better go now, go off somewhere safe I hope you will somehow.”

Egil hops up on a stump and seems to play air guitar on his vibro-sword to a song only he hears. Eventually, he must envision himself ending a solo as he kicks over an imaginary amp and makes like he is smashing the ‘guitar’. His overhand chops start to get dangerously close to the psi-stalker on the ground.
Jarvis Ursus
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Nomel nods to Whisper. "As you feel best, ma'am." He then turns to see Egil's... he's not sure what word to use for it, really. Display, maybe?

"Um, lemme at least see if I can get him so he ain't doomed, if we ain't got an actual healer available right now." He moves over and pops the armor open again, climbing out and grabbing his NG-S2 pack to pull out the medkit. If no one objects, he'll make a best-effort to try to stabilize the Psi-Stalker.

Sadly, after working on the fallen figure, he's unable to achieve much, other than wasting a lot of bandages and antiseptic.
OOC Comments
Unskilled Healing roll, using one of the Med-kit's three 'charges' for a +1 bonus to get a net modifier of -1.

Healing [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Healing [dice]1[/dice]

Not a botch, but not a success, either. Guy's probably gonna die.
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Architect

Post by Architect »

The boy changes into a large man dressed in ceremonial armor of a distant land. Kneeling on the ground near the fallen Psi-Stalker, he pulls forth a small ornate tea pot, a small cup, and a pouch.

Speaking to no one in particular, "He may live but Refuge should know of the Xicitix proximity and actions."

A small fire and the tea pot sits to it side. Architect finds a clean place to draw water and returns with the teapot to his small fire. Opening the bag he withdraws a few pinches of leaves and stems and places it in the cup. Closing the pouch and while the teapot comes to a boil.

"In a period of time that has long since been forgotten, the Earth spoke to the stars. Asking for those who would aid and guide the inhabitants of her lands, seas, and skies, we came. I grant unto you this blessing and aid from one who gives and sustains all life."

Architect holds for the small cup and pours steaming water into it. There appears a finger, very ethereal but real enough to touch the mixture in the cup. The cup glows blue and Architect leans down close to the CS Psi-Stalker, "Drink now Brother of the Earth."
Alchemy: Healing
  • Alchemy 8
  • Alchemy [dice]0[/dice]
  • Wild [dice]1[/dice]
  • 22/25 PPE
  • Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]
  • 3/4 Bennies
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

At the sight of the man, Egil stops his antics, luckily just before he hacks the head off the Coalition psi-stalker on the ground. He is intrigued about what is going on and sits down to watch the ceremony. He turns to Whisper and says,

"Where did you guys get the drugs? Not that I need any, but it is common courtesy to share your stash, you know. When you talked about illusions, I thought you were going to magic him. No idea we were going on a psychedelic trip with some mind altering tea. Which is probably healthier than smoking it, by the way. "
Jarvis Ursus
Architect

Post by Architect »

Architect was holding the Psi Stalker's head up and slowing help him drink the tea. Egil's comment caused Architect to giggle, the kind of sound a kid makes when another kid tells him something silly or funny. Without dropping the man's head or spilling a drop of tea, Architect looks at his long time friend.

"Edge, a lot has changed. Someway or another I was experiencing a major hallucination and was able to share that with anyone I came in contact with."

"The past few months since we returned from Garnet Town, I found out about my parents. I think they sent me here through a rift. Probably had me drink some tea or something else that caused me to live a very real illusion of being a flame wind dragon hatchling."

"Edge, you and I, we can talk crazy teas and what not on our own time. Let us make sure that we can get to and complete our mission goals."

Architect gently lays the man's head back to the ground and stands up, the tea service for one disappears to who knows where. Standing his figure shifts to a six legged, no winged, bearded dragon, the kind that would only be familiar to those who know about the Chaing Ku. "This is my real shape."
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Nomel blinks at the Architect, and nods. "Castle Refuge? My radio should be able to reach 'em. One of you want to give the full report once I get the connection set up?" Once he has a volunteer for the reporting duty, he'll see if he can establish radio contact.
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

• Date & Time: 1420 October 24 PA110
Nameless Map

I WANT THEIR BUTTS BAD [Everyone plus a psi-stalker!]
Nomel's pile of bandages don't heal the psi stalker. Unfortunately or not, neither to Archie's (yeah, new nickname for a new nickname) patient ministrations. It does the opposite. Once the psi stalker relaxes slightly, he dies quietly.

Now the enemy combatant is dead and Whisper is free to fill in Nomel.

HIs antics bring Egil close enough to feel the psi stalker go, feel the little bit of psychic energy left dissipate into the air. Whatever ritual his tribe used at death, he has if flash through his head for a brief second.

The weird ceremony and death solve a lot of the debate going on around the team. Now, it's safe for Whisper to fill the Fennodi in on the mission details. Nomel also has the opportunity to tune in Castle Refuge.

What are you doing?
Salvage Party
Total Haul:
    2x Frag grenades
Butcher's Bill:
  • It's all good!

Architect

Post by Architect »

Archie is learning to take death in stride with all the other actions of adventuring life. Still a bit upset that he couldn't hold the CS Psi-Stalker to Rifts Earth for a little longer, he makes plans to continue to use his newly acquired skills as often as possible.

"I say we search him. Salvage available gear. Drag him onto the slow fire in the other clearing."

Archie looks towards the black box, "Nomel, what is that box again?"
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Nomel nods to Archie. "It seems to be some sort of signal emitter, working off of infrasound, rather than ultrasonic frequencies. Way too low for the Xiticix to hear, so probably a way of sending a signal or even communication without the Xits catching on."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice: 9
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice]

Egil is sitting quietly, for once, contemplating Awtek’s words and fractured memories of the past.

“I agree, we should burn him. As for this this black box, we know its connected to somethin’ that we probably don’t want to be connected to. I think we activate and leave it with some rocks and sticks making an arrow pointing in the direction of the bugs. Let the Dead Heads go up against them. Keep em’ busy while we do our thing.”

Egil then starts to pile rocks and sticks in the shape of an arrow pointing in the direction of the Xiticix trail.

“Really the only decision is whether to push the button. I’m sure Tiberius and Whisper will debate it, but it's either signalin’ somethin’ now or will be eventually. Might even have long range missiles comin’ in now for all we know. Nuke it from orbit, cause its the only way to be sure and all.”
Jarvis Ursus
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

"No more arguments from me," Whisper said with a shake of her head. "Do as you will."

"Nomel, our assignment is to contact certain elements of the Federation of Magic in an attempt to assemble a limited-scope alliance with them against the Xiticix in the region. Our first destination to this end, is Stormspire."

She goes to the fallen psi-stalker and begins searching him...less interested in gear than she is in information. A datapad or some other kind of recording data, orders, or the like.
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Nomel nods as Whisper fills him in on the mission. "I see. Well, I'll help however I can." Turning to look at Egil, he considers. "For what my opinion is worth, I think you might be right about it being used to call in an airstrike. So if we want to press the button, it should definitely be the last thing we do before leaving--quickly."
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Hobo Joe wrote:
  • Date & Time: 1430 October 24 PA110
Nameless Map

AIN'T NOTHIN' GONNA WORK OUT WITHOUT MY TOOLS, HANNIBAL [Everyone plus a funeral pyre.]

Discussion, investigation and a little cairn construction busy the Nameless for a few minutes. Dragging him--the psi-stalker--to the pyre is very easy for all the various powered people. The slow burn powered by the newly learned Archie smokes some, but not so much that it's terrible. Pre-burn searching revealed a few interesting items, from a salvage point of view*, but nothing interesting from an intelligence point of view.

After all the talking and monologuing, it's not Nomel that notices something wrong. He wouldn't notice because he didn't know there was something to notice. But Whisper should notice, but she doesn't. Neither does Archie, his newfound conscious has distracted him a little. So that leaves it to Egil. His normally observant nature gives him an edge. No one should really need an edge to notice that Tiberius is missing and the Bop never made it to the clearing!

What are you doing?
Salvage Party
Total Haul:
    2x Frag grenades
*Psi-Stalker Gear
  • 1x C-18 Laser Pistols w/ 1 e-clip, partially charged
    CA-3 Light "Dead Boy" Body Armor -- badly damaged
    JA-11 Energy Rifle (scope damaged, treat as Glitch) w/ 1 e-clip, partially charged
    Vibro-Sword
Butcher's Bill:
  • It's all good!

Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Whisper looked around then, and frowned.

"Hold off on the button then. I thought Tiberius was following me, but it's been more than long enough."

She turns back the way she'd flown in, and starts walking. As she goes, she activates her radio.

"Tiberius? This is Whisper, are you coming to join us?"

To the others nearby the silhouette says, "Stick together. No one goes anywhere alone until we know what's going on," and beckons them to follow her.
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice:10
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]

Egil sifts through the accumulated gear, swapping spent E-Clips as needed and setting aside those that needed charging.

At Whisper’s first mention of something wrong, he dismisses it with a wave.

“It’s Chevy and the ‘Bop we’re talkin’ about. I bet they went muddin’ on the way here. Kinda mad he did that without me, but whatever.”

Then the tone the Silhouette used takes hold on the psi-stalker and Egil cocks his head to one side as if listening.

“Yer right Whisp, we should at least hear the engines. They weren't that far back. Somethin’s up.”
Jarvis Ursus
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

WANDERING IN THE WOODS
Whisper points the way. Egil looks the way. Retracing their steps along the stream, the three Nameless and new guy search for the missing cyber knight and operator. After a few minutes, Egil puts the details of the wilderness together. And they say: the Bop was here, but it isn't now.

Now that there's a starting point it would be possible to see where were it went. The woods aren't that scary. They just seem to have not only hidden a whole swarm of xiticix, sucked their two teammates off somewhere and is full of bucolic wonder. What (else) could go wrong?

The water is the only place for the Glitter Boy to walk without leaving a trail a blind city rat could follow. The splashing isn't quite as bad.

For most people, the new world is the only world, so the weird furry crustaceans pulsing and glowing slightly under some of the rocks in the stream don't bother anyone, even though they come from a different dimension. Ferns and fern like plants have coevolved all over the universe, so the 17 alien species of fern just in this square mile of forest doesn't seem weird either.

Not that anyone notices, there is no sign of Bop or Tiberius either.
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

In his armor, Nomel frowns. "An ally missing is a serious matter, of course. But I admit, I'm also worried about what might have caused an entire vehicle to go absent, as well." Continuing to splash along through the river for a bit, he thinks. Something like that... to disappear without a trace, it'd have to go down through a sinkhole, get carried off by something as big as a roc, or... out. He turns to his new teammates again. "Do we have a Ley Line Walker or a Shifter in the group--someone who might be able to tell if a Rift opened in the area recently?"
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice: 10
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]

Egil smiles at Nomel’s question.

“Closest thing we got is Whisper here and she helped us out with a Shifter a few weeks back. Shifters can be varied in their taste from what I have found. Those who consort with Deevil’s tend to have a salty flavor with a varying umami depending on the level of Hell. Those that consort with Demons, on the other hand, usually have a balance of sweet and sour depending on the depth of depravity. By far, the most intriguing are the ones that deal with Vampire Intelligences. A lot of folks think they have a bitter taste, buts it's all in the way you prepare them. Done right, they can have a rich oleogustus quality that is like nothing you have ever had.

Ley Line Walkers are a bit more straightforward and fairly consistent. Sweet and heady like good chocolate, but they can get a little bitter depending on how close to a Ley Line they are.

But as far as their capabilities in this spot we got ourselves in right now...I got no idea”
Jarvis Ursus
Architect

Post by Architect »

What Is Known
  • Notice [dice]0[/dice]
  • Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Archie struggles for a minute to remember the map on the desk before they left Refuge. "I believe Kingsdale is that way, pointing North East. Maybe two days from here."
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Rolls: Notice 4 Knowledge: Arcane 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Knowledge: Arcane [dice]2[/dice] or [dice]3[/dice]
Whisper looked around, reached out with her mystic senses into the ambient PPE around them.

"I'm not a shifter, but a rift opening is a violent event, preceded by a surge of psychic energy. I believe I would have felt it, and that it would have left traces behind."

She grimaced and shook her head.

"I suggest we set out for Kingsdale then, if that's the closest city to here. We can try to contact the Legion from there and let them know our situation. Architect, would you be willing to carry us there?"
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: –1 to be hit with ranged attacks; ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand; +2 to ranged attacks from helmet
Temporary Effects: +2 to Notice from Bop's sensors
When the Bop arrives to where the team is gathered with the Glitter Boy, Chevy jumps out, removing his helmet to reveal a face alit with excitement and anticipation. The joy dies quickly once he realizes it's not what and who he thought it was.

Uninterested in the discussion or witnessing the fate of the Coalsack Psi-Stalker, he returns to the Bop. Some time later, the team notices the Bop is not there.

When someone attempts to contact the Bop, the answer is slow in coming. "Chevy here. I figured you guys had the situation in hand, so I found some high ground to keep a lookout. You guys done? Can we go now?"

The sullenness comes through clearly even through the radio static.
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

Nomel nods to the others, and speaks as Chevy answers the radio hails. "Oh, good, he's still here, after all. Kingsdale it is, I guess?" If he notices Chevy's sullen attitude, or that his presence (rather than the other Glitterboy who apparently traveled with the Nameless) is the cause of it, he says nothing.
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Notice:11
[dice]0[/dice] +[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]+ [dice]3[/dice]

Egil smiles when Chevy’s voice crackles over the comms.

“See, Chevy is just watchin’ our six. I knew it all along. Just testin’ the rest of you. Gotta stay sharp and all. Let’s get movin’ on to Kingsdale. Maybe we’ll see a Juicer punch out while we’re there. Last Call is a sight to see, let me tell you…”

Egil goes on to describe in graphic detail the various ways a Juicer experiences his or her last moments.
Jarvis Ursus
Architect

Post by Architect »

"Well I am glad Chevy is here. Hauling the Glitterboy is going to be challenging. Bringing all the Nameless would be the team that broke this dragon's back."

Archie waits for everyone to load up in the Bop then follows after the Glitterboy. Whenever he gets the signal from Nomel he swoops down and carries the Glitterboy to the next area where the Glitterboy can manuever for itself.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Whisper climbs into the ATV, holding her tongue for the moment. She wasn't even sure where to begin, truth be told...which in her mind meant it wasn't time yet TO begin. Things like 'why didn't you tell us you were moving' or 'why didn't you respond' or similar accusatory things came to mind, but could wait for nerves to be less frayed. There was one question worth asking now though.

"Did you see where Tiberius went?" Whisper asks Chevy as she fastens the safety harness over herself.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: –1 to be hit with ranged attacks; ignore –2 penalty for using off-hand; +2 to ranged attacks from helmet
Temporary Effects: +2 to Notice from Bop's sensors
With his helmet back on, the only expression visible was the shrug of his shoulders. "I thought he was still with you guys."
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4
Nomel Sagia

Post by Nomel Sagia »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Nomel finds the idea of being partially transported by a dragon to be downright thrilling; he left the ranch for new experiences, and this certainly qualifies. Particularly during the aerial runs, he keeps his sensors peeled for potential dangers. Occasionally, he asks to be set down a bit ahead of the Bop, and uses his connection with Gabrielle's sensor-array to investigate anomalies astrally, to ensure they aren't wandering into an unpleasant situation. Then he snaps back and uses the time spent hiking to recover the expended ISP.

He makes casual conversation with Architect, focusing on learning about the group's activities to date, just general getting-to-know-you chatter.
Nomel Sagia
Statblock
Fennodi Glitterboy

• Q4/18 Adventure Card
Architect

Post by Architect »

Archie is pretty confident that Nomel is legit. To be honest, Archie likes the guy.

"The Nameless. Well I think the name has been what allowed members to come and go so easily. No one really knew us and therefore no one was really keeping tabs on us."

"Chevy and myself. We are the only ones from the first squad. And a lot has changed since then."

"I am not from North America and general curiosity is what keeps me moving with the Nameless. Do understand, there have been great people and are currently great people with the Nameless. Just seems we lack a sense of real identity or purpose."

"As far as where we have been. From what I can tell, the old States of Missouri, Arkansas, and Tennesse for sure. Other locations, I would need to verify with a map and a fly by."

Archie goes silent for a bit.

"We have had a fallen cyber knight. an elven battle mage. the scorpion mech tank operator. radecliffe the scholar. zima was a glitter girl pilot."

"There have been a lot of firsts for me, personally being affiliated with the Legion and specifically with the Nameless."

"Egil is my first crazy. Chevy my first quik flex. I have been tangled up with demons, sorcerers, and rainbow colored slugs."

At the mention of slugs, Archie stops, lost in thought.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Whisper wrote:
"Did you see where Tiberius went?"
Notice:3
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

“Probably flew off on a griffon.”

Egil says this like it happens all the time.
Jarvis Ursus
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

"...right then," Whisper replies, shaking her head. "Lets get back on the road. And mark the location this took place at. We're not far from Federation territory here. It might be useful if we can report Xiticix activity on their back doorsteps. Especially if it's attracting the Coalition as well."

Return to “The Nameless”