0. Life Finds A Way - Optional Open Role Play Area

Pursuit
Game Master

0. Life Finds A Way - Optional Open Role Play Area

Post by Pursuit »

What This Thread Is For:

Feel free to post any role playing here that doesn't fit in the normal flow of adventure posts. This could include retroactive actions ("I wish I had thought of it while we were back in town, but my character totally would have gone to check out the Murderball game and done something funny!") or flashbacks ("I remember my first day of boot camp like it was yesterday...") or the like.

Posts that move the story along or are in response to GM posts should not go here, but rather in the regular adventure thread. If you have any question about where to put something, shoot me a PM or a message on Hangouts before posting.

PLEASE NOTE THAT POSTING IN THIS THREAD IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL! This is just a place to have fun with cool stories and increase your post rates if you want to. There is no pressure to post anything here.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Sierra Mackenzie

Re: 0. Life Finds A Way - Optional Open Role Play Area

Post by Sierra Mackenzie »

Where: Nashville
When: Before leaving for the swamp
Status: OPEN (but particularly Sierra, Jameson, Deezy, Tyraxes)

Sierra intruded on her teammates’ day like a whirlwind. She hit Deezy first. “No, you’ve worked enough. You can work in the swamp. Right now, we’re gonna be civilized and get shitfaced like normal people!” If Deezy protested, Sierra would grab her ear and drag her along to her her hotel room.

“Shower. Scrub all that grease off,” she said, pushing Deezy into the luxurious bathroom. Sierra had one of the nicest suites in the nicest hotel in Nashville. After all, the Legion was paying for it, right? and she was recently flush with millions of credits.

Sierra could hardly say the word millions without climaxing!

Next she retrieved Tyraxas. She shoved him into the other bedroom that Deezy wasn’t in. “Take that poncho off your gorgeous body and put these on.” She placed a stack of clothes into his hands. “If you need help, let me know.”

Finally, Sierra picked up Jameson. “C’mon, babe. We’re gonna party like it’s 199,” she told the former Coalition woman. “I picked you something sexy up. Let’s see how you like it.”

As the others got ready, Sierra dressed herself, pulling on a very short red skirt that glittered with sequins and a silver sequined shirt front with a very low neckline that left her back and shoulders bare, securing with a spaghetti strap at the neck and lower back. She slipped on a pair of red heels that were so long and sharp you should be able to kill someone with them with mega-damage.

Sierra settled down in front of the mirror to do her makeup and hair as she awaited the others.

OOC: I’ll let you decide on just what Sierra picked out for your characters, but it will be club/party clothes, and it will turn heads.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas looks at the clothing shoved into his hands. He puzzles over the jacket, then the vest. "Why have I been given two coats? This is confusing. Why can't I simply wear the poncho?" He gripes a little more, but eventually manages to stumble his way into the pants. He comes out of the dressing room with the bow tie tied through the front belt loops, holding his pants together, and the belt around his shoulder, holding his sheathed vibrosword in a back-draw position. The shirt has been buttoned into the vest, and the jacket is upside down and inside out.
"I am ready. This feels awkward, though."
Tyraxas clubbing.jpg
Tyraxas clubbing.jpg (12.03 KiB) Viewed 32726 times
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 20 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 35 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 16 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
  • Second Wind: insert desc here
    Noble Sacrifice: insert desc here
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb is outside the groups swanky hotel letting Gift crawl around a small patch of grass in a secluded section near the edge of the hotel's property line. He could over hear some shady folks making plans and scheming just behind a grove nearby of trees.
" I tell you Sparklet, the red head is staying here. She must be loaded, spending money all over town buying real nice ya know. My guy at the fromt desk here says she is in the most expensive suite they got: The JFK." . Jareb hears a whispered response, female low and seething, " Good job Grease, lets tell the rest of the gang. The Night Terrors are going hunting."
Jareb scoups up gift silent as a ghost and puts her the pack. He heads to a nearby building and perches himself well hidden on the roof. Looks like our night will be a long one too.
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0,PPE:20/9
Combat edges:
  • Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
  • Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-1 speaking sign language
-2 bennies for swamp
Sierra Mackenzie

Sierra shook her head as Tyraxas emerged from the bedroom.

“Oh, T-Rex, you are really a mess,” she said, coming over to him. She was looking particularly beautiful, all dolled up. Sierra had never had such nice things before.

The redhead set about putting Tyraxas’ clothes to rights, taking the opportunity to occasionally run her hands admiringly over his muscled physique. “God, you’re gorgeous,” she muttered to him when she finally had him all decked out properly in his fancy clothes. “Take a look.” She brought him to the mirror, making a few more adjustments. “Let’s lose the tie, though. Show off that chest.” She left the top buttons of his shirt undone. “What do you think?”
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas nods. "Indeed. I am exquisite to behold, even in this form. You have made my clothes fit better. It appears I had assembled them incorrectly. I thank you." He takes a look at the redhead. "What clothing you are wearing does not appear to conceal much of your body. Why does your garb reveal so much of your chest? And legs? And back? The clothing does suit your own coloration quite well, though. Were these fabricated specifically for you?" Ignorant of social norms, he reaches for a convenient piece of fabric from Sierra's outfit in a not-at-all appropriate location and examines the texture between his finger and thumb. "This is a splendid fabric. I commend you on your choice. It appears that, while providing limited protection, this will move well with you should we need to engage in combat. I've noticed your footwear can double as a stiletto. You are quite savvy." He beams with pride at his compliment. Surely, she will appreciate my analysis of her wardrobe.
Turning towards the door, he inquires. "Shall we commence with clubbing things?"
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

Sierra smiled and gently took Tyraxes hands away from her body. “Not that I mind you touching me all inappropriate,” she teased, “but a lot of women won’t like it. So just to be safe, never touch one unless you have permission,” she told the dragon. “And it’s revealing because I want to look sexy and hot. Maybe pick up a good looking guy or girl. Like you,” she said with a wink. “Or Jameson or even Deezy. Not that mixing business and pleasure like that is smart. But then I never claimed to be smart!” She laughed. “And no, these aren’t combat clothes, and they haven’t been made special, so they will burn off if I’m not careful.”

Sierra gave a meaningful look to the dragon in human form. “Tonight is about fun. Dancing, drinking, getting frisky. It ain’t about fighting, okay?” she told him. “There will be no violence tonight. No clubbing anything. Understood?”
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku looks at the parked vehicles and sighs. ”The Legion may have put me in charge but sometimes it feels like herding cats. I have no idea what might have drawn Deezy away but I am willing to be she grabbed Jameson to help carry.” A bit louder he continues, ”Honest guys, I do not have work just a few questions.” Turning to head back into town he mutters ”Maybe it will be easier to find Jareb or Sierra.”

Walking back out of the hotel where most of the party are staying Kuikku shakes his head. Jareb, Norona, even Tyr are all 'out'. Though I know she will be as well I may as well go check if Sierra is in her room. Maybe she is working on being fashionably late. Getting to her door Kuikku hears the last few sentences.
Sierra Mackenzie wrote: “But then I never claimed to be smart!” She laughed. “And no, these aren’t combat clothes, and they haven’t been made special, so they will burn off if I’m not careful.”

Sierra gave a meaningful look to the dragon in human form. “Tonight is about fun. Dancing, drinking, getting frisky. It ain’t about fighting, okay?” she told him. “There will be no violence tonight. No clubbing anything. Understood?”
Placing his head in his hands Kuikku groans softly. This cannot be good. I better keep an eye on them. Without knocking he turns and goes back downstairs. Finding a nice concealed corner of the lobby Kuikku waits for the group to leave so he can follow. This is going to be a long night.
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Jameson looked uncomfortable in the dress she was wearing; not so much that she'd not worn anything like it back in Chi-Town burbs, but never in front of D-bees. She was having to let go of a lot of beliefs that had been drummed into her, but she was used to wearing armour and that hadn't come off in a while.

She sighed and stepped out, trying to fit in. She gave the dress a twirl for the others to see.

"How do I look?"

Meanwhile

Conrad was ensconced under the APC, trying to fix it before they left. Typically, it was up to him to fix everything.
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas nods. "I will not club anything unless it tries to club me first. Or stab me. Or shoot me. Then I will probably eat it or break it or slash it, unless you wish it to remain alive but unconscious. Then I will club it. But, as you say, tonight is not about fighting. I will drink. I don't know how to dance. And I don't quite understand why we would get frisky, but I will follow your lead." He withdraws his hand. "I will also refrain from touching women unless invited to pick them up. I think it best to avoid touching men as well unless they also need to be picked up. You never know what may incite a fight, which tonight is not about. I don't want it to lead to inadvertent clubbing or stabbing or shooting. I will just drink, and perhaps learn how to dance, and I will pick up people who wish to be picked up. I can pick up many people in my normal form. I think I could only carry two or three in this form, depending on how I pick them up. Maybe one over each shoulder, then one more in my arms?" He smiles, completely confident that he has understood Sierra's goal.

He looks at Jameson as she does her turn. "You look..." He glances at Sierra. "...sexy and hot, just as Sierra does. Would you like me to pick you up?" Tyraxas offers his outstretched arms, in case Jameson wishes to be picked up.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

"Uhhh..."

Deezy's voice came from the bedroom where she'd been changing.

"Sierra? Are you sure you put the right dress in here? It's, uh, kind of drafty? In it?"

The door opened a little bit, then opened more. Deezy stepped through, her freckled cheeks blushing furiously. Without all the belts and pouches and stuff she adorned herself with, it was much more apparent how skinny she was. Also, the party dress Sierra had picked out revealed that her freckles were not just on her face, not by a long shot.

It wasn't a bad looking outfit at all though. The green of the dress went really well with her eyes and hair.

Of course, the shoes Sierra had picked out were still sitting on the bed. Deezy had on a pair of sneakers, that weren't even tied.

"There's no pockets," the tech-wizard said shyly. "I feel like I'm naked. There's all this stuff I was gonna bring, and there's nowhere to PUT any of it."

Sure enough, piled on the bed behind the shoes were...well...pouches and bags and jars. Most of the stuff that normally populated her normal harness and belts, by the look of it.
OMIGOD SHE'S NEWD!
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder

TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage

TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 2000
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas shakes his head at Deezy. "You are not naked. You are sexy and hot. Would you also like to be picked up? I am going to pick up Sierra and Jameson as well..." He glances back at Sierra. "...if you are willing. I believe I can pick all three of you up at the same time." He smiles the earnest smile of one who has offered genuine assistance with a problem.
"Also, I have a number of pockets. I could carry your things for you." Tyraxas stares at the pile of gizmos, gadgets, pieces, parts, bags, jars, gears, tools, and...is that a bottle cap tied through with a shoestring?...on the bed. "Perhaps only a few of your things, then?"
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy looked at Tyraxus, her cheeks reddening even more.

"Wait...how would you even know what 'sexy' and 'hot' mean? You're a dragon! And you're like...a day old! That's weird! Stop being weird!"
OOC Comments

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!

Edges
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas becomes flustered, stammering a bit. "I only...it...Sierra said her goal was to be sexy and hot! I thought it was a universal female goal! Does this mean I shouldn't pick you up, either? Gah. Tearing vampires in two and immolating them is easier than trying to go clubbing." He drops his arms, apparently signaling that the offer to pick the ladies up has been withdrawn. "If I have this much success at dancing, I'll probably step on someone by accident. Then everyone will whine about 'oh no, the dragon squished that girl because she wasn't sexy and hot' and they'll want to kill me, then I'll have to spit fire at everyone, and then Sierra's plan to drink, dance, and get picked up will be ruined." He kicks his foot idly at a spot in the floor.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

Sierra turned as Jameson emerged and grinned. “You look gorgeous, Jamie,” she said. “Can I call you Jamie? Did we ever get your first name? God, how uncouth are we! Let me do your makeup and hair.” She gestured to the vanity and started to work.

Sierra facepalms at Tyraxus. “We have a lot to teach you, starting with dancing,” she said with a sigh. “Not that kind of picking up. It’s an expression. I means hooking up. Uhm, I mean, indicating you have romantic interest in a person and seeing if they have it back.” She paused and cocked her head. “Well, I guess it doesn’t have to be romantic. It could be a purely physical, chemistry thing. I hooked up with plenty of guys and girls for one night.” She paused and looked at the others. “TMI?”

Sierra stepped up to Tyraxas. “Don’t fret. No one will know you’re a dragon,” she assured. “And if you step on someone, just apologize.” She gave him a kiss on the cheek to reassure him. “You’re a dragon. Even if you’re not good at it, you’ll do it with style!” She grinned.

Then Sierra turned to Deezy. “You look amazing, Deez,” she said. “And yes, sexy and hot.” She glanced at Tyraxas. “You won’t need all that stuff. Tonight isn’t about building things. It’s about having fun, getting shitfaced, dancing, and maybe getting laid. And you can’t wear those sneakers with that dress! Wear the shoes I got you.” She retrieved the shoes.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

"Look, I'm compromising just taking my rocket boots off," Deezy replies. "I can't even WALK in those stupid shoes!"

She throws a longing look over her shoulder at the pile of widgets on the bed. "There's not one thing you mentioned that can't be made better by building things you know." Her fingers flexed. "Just saying."
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Sierra Mackenzie

Where: Nashville/Grand Ol’ Opry Club
When: Before leaving for the swamp
Status: OPEN (but particularly Sierra, Jameson, Deezy, Tyraxes)

Sierra sighed at Deezy’s stubbornness. “I might have some flats that will work,” she told the other redhead. She disappeared into her room and returned with a pair of much lower shoes. “How do you make getting laid better by building things?” Sierra asked Deezy facetiously. Then she paused, tilted her head, considering. “Okay, remind me to talk to you about that later,” she said with a grin. “C’mon, maybe there will be some super-techno-geek you meet that will charge your batteries all night long.”

Sierra looked at her gathered party posse. “Everyone ready? Let’s go!”

The Grand Ol’ Opry Club wasn’t far from the hotel. Loud music thumped from inside, and neon lights lit the street. A large grackletooth bouncer stood outside. He looked them over, recognized Sierra, and gave her a toothy grin and a fist bump.

“Go on in, Mack,” he said, lowering the velvet rope so they could head into the club. Loud music thumped through their bodies, and the dim interior was illuminated by seizure-inducing flashing strobes, spotlights, and colored balls swirling disco patterns about. The place was filled with lots of people, human and d-bee alike. It was a large, three level warehouse with an open interior, allowing plenty of room for those who could fly to dance their way through the air above the crowd below.

“Let’s have some fun!”
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas' eyes go wide at the display in the club. "This is...slightly disorienting. There are so many people! If I changed, I would squish many!" He watches the mass of people executing various dance moves. He does his best to imitate a mix of them, but ends up looking like a flailing fool with a decided lack of rhythm. "Look! I am dancing! I'm dancing!"
He's not. He looks like he might be having a seizure.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb heads to the club siliently and stealthfully. He is dressed in death and ready to kill if need be. Gift sucks on Mr. Diggles watching and learning. He clicks his radio, ”Kuikku, Conrad, if you are around I could use a hand up in the rafters of the Opry Club... See you there in 5 if you can make it.”

Jareb lands at the top of the Club and slips inside onto the rafters above the pounding dance floor. He sticks to the shadows and sees the gang members hiding in the shadows of the rafters as well. There are too many for him to take alone. I must trust in my faith that Kuikku and Conrad will be here. Jareb approaches the Gang Leader who is talking to one of her members.

The leader, named Sparklett, swears looking down at the club floor, ”Just look at them, the four of them must be loaded. The tall black, huh, dancing like he is having a seizure. He looks tasty.” She pulls out 4 vials and hands them to her well dressed companion. Poison! ” Make sure you slip these into their drinks, once they hit the bathroom—“ Her words catch in her throat as Jareb’s great winged span and equally great sword fills her vision. She breathes, ” The Frack is this?”

Jareb grimaces and counts the villians in his head. Too many... ” I give you one chance, give me those vials, lay down your arms... I wil leave you unharmed.”

The leader laughs nearly crying, ” You’ll let us go unharmed? You got jokes like a Grackletooth has a tail. What else do you got Angel? Tell us another funny! You even brought a baby, oh man! No law, no backup, and you did not even bring a Cyber Knight.” She wipes her tears from her eyes laughing uncontrollably.

Jareb’s eyes look arround him, the shadows seem to come alive revealing just how much he had erred, Conrad, Kuikku, now would be an opportune time.
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Jameson kept quiet, unnerved by Tyraxanas, but when they got to the club, she loosened up and joined in the dancing.

Conrad heard Jareb's communication.

what trouble has he gotten himself into now?

Sighing, he dragged himself out from under the APC and grabbed his gear.

Well, not getting there quickly on foot, best get moving.
OOC Comments
Conrad is outside of town and can't take the ATV. best to have him make a dramatic entrance later
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku sees Sierra, Jameson, and Tyraxas but it takes a moment for him to recognize Deezy. Wow, they all clean up nice. He follows them out of the hotel at a discrete distance and is trying to decide how best to enter the club when he gets the call from Jareb. Rafters? I sure hope there is a decent way in from up top.

Moving around to the side of the building Kuikku just notices someone disappearing into a vent high up the wall. He also sees how they must have climbed up there and manages to get to the rafters will only a little effort. He works his way along the rafters and sees Jareb confronting the gang. Hearing the leader comment about no Cyber Knight Kuikku smiles. Activating his armor and a manifesting a sword in each hand he asks ”Are you talking about me? Sorry I'm late but I wanted to be sure you were all here when we turn you over to the authorities. Now, do as he said.”
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

GM Mini Interjection:

Great job, all of you, taking advantage of the open role play. I'm loving what you guys have written so far, and hope you all keep at it. A reminder that none of this is required, but it is a fun way to get your post rate up.

As a friendly reminder, please try to engage with everyone who posts and be careful about narrating any other character's actions. These things are the most fun when everyone gets to play off of each other, so try to be as inclusive as you can with your posts.

You all seem to have a cohesive thread going, which is fantastic. If anyone wants to post about something not related to that night in Nashville, you can certainly do that here, too. Continuity in the open area is fluid (to say the least).

Have fun!
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Sierra Mackenzie

Sierra laughed at Tyraxus. “So don’t change, then you won’t squish anyone.” She grabbed his arms to stop him from dancing. “Close your eyes and just listen to the music. Don’t look at the people. Feel the beat in your body, in your soul.” She put her warm hand on his chest, over his heart. “Now just nod your head to the beat, start moving your body when you really feel it.”

Sierra looked over to Jameson. “That’s it, girl!” she encouraged the former CS soldier. “Jameson knows how to feel it!” Sierra let herself get into the music as well, dancing up to Jameson, the pair getting several appreciative looks, before Sierra grabbed Deezy’s hands to pull her into the fun, as well, unknowing of the little confrontation above them.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

The leader of the gang laughs at the timely arrival of the cyber knight. She peers down at the dance floor.” Damn those red heads are enjoyable... Must be so loaded. So a cyber knight huh, well at least you did not bring a Grackltooth, I can’t stand those frackers, what are they half man half dino??” The rest of the gang laughs barely even heard over the thumping music down below.
Jareb sees in the way back against the back rafters almost hidden from sight, a gang member sniper named Coldzone. His frost laced big bore rifle has a bead on Jareb.

Jareb clicks his throat mic, ” Norona, I trust you have been listening in... In the back, a sniper with a frosty rifle. You know what to do.”

Jareb grins darkly at the gang leader and nods imperceptably to Kuikku, ” This is your last chance... Put down those vials and lay down your arms. We can all walk out of here tonight.”

The leader, Sparklett steps forward now directly under a massive skylight window in the roof. The moon makes her skin sparkle, She lifts her plasma weapons at Jareb, ” No way are we going to any authorities tonight. The night Terrors mean to collect... Either from those women down their or from your dead corpse.” Gift giggles in Jareb’s pack.

10 near me, 10 near Kuikku, a leader, and a sniper... Plus who knows what else lurks out there... Trust in your allies Jareb they are with you. Conrad that skylight is all ready for your dramatic entrance.

Jareb catches the moon light in his sword of St. Cathrine and shakes his head sadly. He gives Kuikku a look of sorrow. ” Very well you leave us little choice. Perhaps we can resort to the old earth slang of on three. One...” Jareb’s body tenses for one of his allies to call two, and then another to call three... Then the battle of Ole Ospry Club Rafters will be joined.
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy squeaks in surprise when someone grabs her hands and pulls. She'd been standing at the fringes of the dancers, trying to work out how the whole thing worked. She got that it was syncopated with the music, but there was obviously more technique behind the whole thing than just that! You know, with rocket boots, maybe...

Then Sierra was yanking her into the press, laughing, and there wasn't any more time to consider the benefits of ballistic ballet. With no REAL idea of what to do, Deezy just improvised, wildly hopping up and down and swinging her arms around and generally requiring a space around her to clear out or risk being smacked by a flailing body part!
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas feels the hand on his chest, then discontinues his spasmodic flailing. He nods at Sierra. "Feel it. The low tones reverberate through my chest. Yes. I can do this." He begins bobbing his head...remarkably, in time with the music. Before long, he is moving somewhat rhythmically, and without knocking down any of his neighbors. "Now I am really dancing! I am the best dancer here!" A young woman approaches and begins dancing against Tyraxas. "I can't concentrate on dancing with you doing that to me!" The girl gives him a nasty look and stomps off to find a more willing partner. Tyraxas looks at Sierra. "Did you see what she did? She was trying to throw me off balance!"
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

“Now you’ve got it, T-Rex!” Sierra told Tyraxus. “Deezy! Love the enthusiasm!” She laughed and danced up on the other redhead, ducking a flailing arm. It wasn’t a too unusual sight on the dance floor. “You’ll get the hang of it.”

Sierra saw the woman dance up on Tyraxas and smiled. Good! But, of course, he blew it.

Sierra sighed. “She wasn’t trying to throw you off balance. She was trying to dance with you. She was coming on to you. Part of this is learning to do it with someone else. Like this.”

Sierra moved into Tyraxas’ personal space, sliding her lithe body up against him, meeting his eyes in a sultry stare, as she pressed against him with the music.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku sighs. "Really? Do we need to count... Two, Three." And with that he launches an attack. His first swing takes the ganger by complete surprise and his face does not even flinch before his head falls next to his body. The second attack though is slightly deflected by the support structures in the area and only leaves a shallow cut across the targets abdomen.
Character
Kuikku
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas watches the burster as she presses her body against his. He looks around the room as several other couples are doing the same thing, in order to better inform a proper dancing response. Noticing the reactions between various partners by way of infravision, he looks down at Sierra. "Is dancing a precursor to mating in humans? I see a build up of body heat in the nether regions of several couples who are dancing the way you're dancing with me. Except for that one over there. She seems disinterested, despite her participation, but the man is quite excited. He also appears to carry many trappings of wealth." He points towards an exceedingly beautiful woman performing similarly sultry dance moves against a man who could generously be called unattractive, but who does indeed seem to radiate an aura of wealth. "Wealth is obviously important. Dragons are the same way. A destitute dragon is not worth mating with. She has chosen wisely. Why is she not showing the signs?" Despite the litany of observations and questions, he still maintains enough of the beat to continue moving.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Sierra turned in the dance, her back to Tyraxas, and lifted her arms to lock her hands behind his neck. This pressed her back against him and she ground her bottom against the front of his slacks.

“Yes, dancing can be a precursor to mating,” Sierra told the man-dragon. “And yes, wealth is important. A woman will forgive a lot for a rich guy.” She looked over at the pair Tyraxas had indicated. “She isn’t showing the signs because she likes his credits, not him. My guess is she’ll land him, then find someone more attractive to bed on the side.” She grinned wickedly. “I bet I could piss her off major, though, if I went over and started dancing like that with him. Then she’d so some signs.” She laughed. “I bet then we’d have a catfight.”

Conditions
+1 to Agility speed rolls
Flight: Pace 14 (2 rd)
Pace: 8
Shroud: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Fiery Aura
ISP: 13/20
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Card
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene. USED
Everything Burns
[dice]2[/dice]
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over [dice]3[/dice] rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad arrives outside the club and looks around. He activates his comms.

No sign of trouble. where is everyone?
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku doges a couple of knife swipes and blocks a sword swing.
Conrad wrote:No sign of trouble. where is everyone?
Laughing Kuikku responds. Then you are looking in the wrong place. If you are out front go to the left side, up high is an open window. Your other option is to drop in second skylight on the left side.
Character
Kuikku
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas looks around, puzzled. "I see no cats. Is catfighting an acceptable means of settling disputes? As upset as you say she'd be, doing what you suggest might cause us to have to break your 'no fighting tonight' rule. She may not even wait for the honorable catfight."
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Sierra laughed gaily. “Oh, I do love you, T-Rex!” she said, hopping up on her toes and giving him a quick peck on the lips. “A catfight is when two girls fight. It’s mostly a lot of claws and hissing and hair pulling, hence a catfight. And you’re right. No fighting, so I won’t go and mess with her.” She smiled.

“Deezy, I think that guy over there has been watching you,” Sierra said, indicating a handsome young man at the bar. He seemed to be fiddling with something mechanical in his hands. “And Jameson, that guy over there seems to have eyes for you.” A large man with a shaved head sat at a table with a beer. He had a CS Special Forces tattoo on one impressive bicep.

Conditions
ISP: 13/20
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Card
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene. USED
Everything Burns
[dice]2[/dice]
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over [dice]3[/dice] rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Setting: clearing, prior to the protection falling
Participants: open

The human form of Tyraxas does his best to dodge, but Jareb's thrust is too fast. The shaped tree branch gouges into his flesh. "Blast you, angel! Surely you cheat to move so quickly!" He mutters under his breath, then resumes his fighting stance. "Again! I'll not rest until I have bested you!" He lunges towards the angel, swinging his own branch at the general's legs. Jareb beats his wings once, lifting him over the attack, and bringing the branch down upon the head of the shapeshifted dragon. "ARGH! That is not fair either! I cannot use my wings in here. I'll disturb Gift!" The dragon looks towards the crib where the Atlantean child rests.

He sighs, then returns to his guard. "I shall have you before the hour is out. Prepare!" Once again, Tyraxas lunges towards the angel. A few strikes, parries, and ripostes are exchanged. Finally, Tyraxas sneaks a thrust past Jareb's guard, catching the angel in the side. Jareb, however, used the opportunity to deliver a sideswipe at Tyraxas' neck. The shot stings, opening up a small cut. "See? I have wounded you. I am victorious!" He seems to pay little attention to the cut, which quickly heals, leaving no trace it was ever there.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb laughs at the sword play, following Ty’s exilerating series of thrusts and parry’s. Here comes the opening! A small wound for me, and a mortal wound for he... He being a dragon that heals almost immidiately.
Jareb wipes the sweat from his brow slapping Ty’s forearm with the flat of his blade idicating that the dragon needs to raise it for a proper strike.

”Here, here and here. You leave yourself open for an enemy to strike....” Jareb laughs and holds up his hands, ” I laugh not at you Ty, but at us. Would you know that it is ironic that here I teach a great dragon how to weild the blade when many years ago the tables were turned.”

Jareb glances up preparing for another set of thrusts, and counter thrusts, ” A great great dragon circles the heavens and the sun is but her eye shinning down upon us.”
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas' face twists with intense concentration. "I am no fool to think that I can learn nothing from those I travel with. I have knowledge abound, but my body is yet untrained. I must...HAH!" He makes a skillful parry, implementing the lesson Jareb had just taught moments before, and a rapid riposte. Close, but the angel has seen that feint before, and bats aside the attack. "I must develop my physical skills against worthy adversaries. You, Jareb, are as worthy as could be asked for." He circles to his right, forcing Jareb's attacks to come from a more awkward angle. "I thank you for this time."
A quick lunge and thrust to the midsection. The tip of the branch catches just the skin of Jareb's armor, but no impact is made. "Nearly the death blow!" He grins, but it is short-lived, as the angel unleashes a flurry of strikes Tyraxas simply cannot keep up with. He is peppered with blows. "ARGH!"
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Ty
Tyraxas wrote:Tyraxas' face twists with intense concentration. "I am no fool to think that I can learn nothing from those I travel with. I have knowledge abound, but my body is yet untrained. I must...HAH!" He makes a skillful parry, implementing the lesson Jareb had just taught moments before, and a rapid riposte. Close, but the angel has seen that feint before, and bats aside the attack. "I must develop my physical skills against worthy adversaries. You, Jareb, are as worthy as could be asked for." He circles to his right, forcing Jareb's attacks to come from a more awkward angle. "I thank you for this time."
A quick lunge and thrust to the midsection. The tip of the branch catches just the skin of Jareb's armor, but no impact is made. "Nearly the death blow!" He grins, but it is short-lived, as the angel unleashes a flurry of strikes Tyraxas simply cannot keep up with. He is peppered with blows. "ARGH!"
Jareb grins loosing himself in the sword play. Even his little charge Gift cooes in her backpack sleeping pod. Block, jab, step, step, feignt... Just like yesterday twas I doing this dance with a dragon as black and larger then Ty... I never got his real name, he just asked that I call him Bob. He was recruiting me for some kind of shadow company.... Lost in thought and form Jareb forgets the dragon’s might and goes to block an incoming stick attack and instead shatters his own. Splinters fly everywhere including Jareb’s eye!! ”Argghhh, hold Ty...” Jareb breathes heavily, ” Hold.” A two inch peice of wood is sticking into his eye which is now bleeding profusely.
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas drops his stick immediately and reaches for the angel. "Jareb! You are wounded! Remain still. I will aid you." Tyraxas reaches for the splinter and draws it out carefully. "I have no magical talent for healing, but this will need remedied quickly." He looks around for one of the other teammates who might have the ability to heal such a wound. "Jareb is hurt!"
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

Sierra sat on a nearby stone, watching the swordplay between Tyraxas and Jareb. Well, mostly she was watching the way the muscles of both men’s naked torsos moved beneath their sleek, sweaty skin.

Oh, damn. I’m getting hot again.

Sierra shrugged off her t-shirt, revealing the white tank top beneath. With a fwoosh! her fiery wings expanded, releasing some of the building heat in her body. Then she went back to munching on a bag of trail mix and sipping from her bottle of tequila.

“Oh, damn!” Sierra exclaimed when Jareb got a large splinter of wood jammed into his eye, bleeding all over. “Oh, shit! Oh, fuck!” She leapt up from the stone, looking around, flames flickering through her red hair in her state of heightened emotion.

“Um...should I cauterize it?” Sierra rushed over to the pair. “Hey! Hey! We need healing over here!” she yelled.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku had been on the other side of the vehicles attempting to collate the mapping data when he hears Sierra's yells. Pausing at the back of the Mountaineer to grab the med-kit he rushes in to see what is wrong. Seeing the piece of wood, much to large to call a splinter, he glances down at the first aid kit. "I guess this may not be enough." Dropping it he tells Tyr to lie Jareb down.

Kneeling over him Kuikku looks at his uninjured eye. "This is going to hurt but it should be over quickly." He then begins a low chant and electricity starts to crackle along his hands and forearms. He then brings both hands close to the wound. As the chanting stops the electricity arcs to the wood and somehow travels down it into the eye. With a sudden pop the wood is expelled and the electricity quickly knits the eye closed.

Kuikku then sits back on his haunches and looks into both of Jereb's eyes. "It may take a few minutes for your vision to clear but that should be the only side effect. Maybe, next time use some safety equipment?" This last comment is directed to both the angel and the dragon.
Character
Kuikku
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Jareb nods to Kuikku squinting hard and pointing to Ty’s bicep, ” My appologies, I got lost in a memory that rememinded me of this sparing match. I forgot Ty has the strength of a dragon even in human forum.” He laughs when Serria suggests applying heat. ”Hahaha, a blackened eye indeed. Thank you for your concern, my eye will heal good as new by tomorrow...” Jareb flexes and rolls his shoulder blades unfurling his wings. ”Even with one eye I would still continue. Serria, Kuikku despite a lack of protective gear can I intrest you in a 4-way bonanza?”
Jareb quickly and without error tosses a fresh stick to each of his companions while drawing a new one out of the glade.
As they said in old france, ”En Garde!” He luges for his companions trying to take all three at once.
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

At first Kuikku is confused by the stick tossed to him. When Jareb starts swinging his he understands and joins in the melee. As he maneuvers around he grabs a second stick. Grinning like a three year old he makes a sudden lunge and taps Tyr's knee and at the same time smacks Sierra on the butt. "You may be a dragon but you still need to watch low. And you may like others looking there but sometimes you have to look out for it as well." He steps back, still grinning, and motions 'come here' with both sticks.
Character
Kuikku
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' »

Toshiro watches the dragon and angel spar intently as he sharpens his sword. It is a good opportunity to judge their relatively capabilities and learn what they can an can't be counted on to do in a pinch.

Tyr is clearly inexperienced but has good reflexes. Jareb's obviously holding back, but I can't tell how much...

When Jareb's stick shatters, wounding the angels eye, Toshiro shakes his head and returns his focus to his vibroblade. Injuries during practice are commonplace in most encampments, and almost never last long thanks to the the help of magical healing. He had been briefed on Kuikku's armor and the healing capability it gave him, so there was no need to fret at a little blood.

As he suspected, the angel is back to lessons in a matter of minutes. When Kuikku joins the fray and it becomes clear that his is an open Battle Royale, Toshiro lays down his weapon and stone and grab a stick of appropriate size before hopping into the fray. Before long, both he, Jareb and Tyr are making a concerted effort to break through their leader's expert defense, but no matter how well they time their attacks to come at him from multiple directions, he always manages to escape without only glancing blows.

In a later bout, he faces Tyr, whose natural dragon reflexes easily match Toshiro's limited training. Unable to score a hit on the dragon, Toshiro tries a different tactic. After a particularly furious round of attacks from Tyr, Toshiro grins through heavy breathing and raises his hands above his head in surrender, "blade" still in hand. As soon as he see's Tyr's muscles relax though, he springs forward and catches the young dragon with a blow to ribcage.

Seeing the chance to teach the relatively naïve dragon a lesson, Toshiro wags his finger at the dragon, and exaggerates his shoulders slumping. He then raises his eyebrows and holds up two fingers. He pauses for a moment and points to himself and then the floor, then points to himself again, and then turns, showing hands crossed at the wrist behind his back.

Not sure if the dragon go the message, he give him a questioning thumbs up.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]

Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas growls as Kuikku's touch lands. "That was a lucky blow! You...!" He stops himself short of excusing his error, then nods. "You are right. Even a mighty dragon cannot stay aloft forever. A creature who cannot stand cannot fight."

Tyraxas grins as the speechless warrior pairs off against him. "Words are useless in a battle of wills. So let us dispense with them. HAVE AT YOU!" He seeks to overwhelm his sparring partner with a barrage of strong strikes, eventually forcing Toshiro to, apparently, call for quarter. Grinning in victory and raising his stick above his head in triumph, he fails to react until the cyber monk's wooden "blade" jams into his side. "ARGH! You violate the rules of fair play! You called for quar..." Again, he stops short as his silent adversary proceeds to instruct him in the truth of battlefield "fair play." Tyraxas lowers his head, collecting himself, then looks the superior warrior in the eye. "The battle does not end until the foe is truly defeated. There is no mercy on the battlefield." He nods as the lesson sinks in.

The various melees progress, until the time comes for Tyraxas to teach his own lessons. In the midst of a free-for-all duel, Tyraxas has drawn the focus of both Kuikku and Toshiro, each of them setting him up for the final stroke with assorted jabs and feints. He is quickly becoming overwhelmed by two superior combatants. Suddenly, his form shifts and grows. In an instant, the massive dragon stands before them. He lunges quickly at both of them, pinning them to the earth below his massive clawed hands. He laughs, then retakes his human form. He reaches down to help both of them up. "Do not toy with your foe, for he may be a dragon lying in wait for the right time to take his true form." He grins proudly at the invaluable lesson he's taught them today, then resumes the combat, stick in human hand.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

Sierra blinked in surprise as Jareb tossed her a stick. Then Kuikku slapped her on the bottom and she yelped.

Sierra stared at the stick and shrugged. She was scrappy enough on the streets, but it was usually with a knife, not even a vibro-knife. Swordplay was foreign to her, so she was at a disadvantage with this crowd. She found herself taking quite a few little ‘taps’, raising bruises on her pale skin.

“Ow! Ow! Ow!”
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

The melee training continues and Kuikku approves. In one particular fight he and Toshiro end up teaming up against Tyraxas. Just as they close in for a killing combination the dragon shows his true form. Trying to figure out what its next move is Kuikku hesitates, and pays the price. As the huge claw crashes on top of him Kuikku reflexively triggers his Cyber-Armor but is shocked as the crush he was expecting stops at knocking the wind out of him. As the dragon, back in human form, helps him back to his feet he nods at the wisdom of the lesson.

A few days later Kuikku is taking some time for target practice. A couple scraps of wood have been placed leaning up against a log and are slowly being turned into splinters as Kuikku shoots his laser pistol at them. Unfortunately, almost as many splinters are being created from the log as the 'targets' and after changing energy clips Kuikku shakes his head. "I may be decedent with a blade but my gun skills need a lot of improvement."
Character
Kuikku
Sierra Mackenzie

“You’re still better than me,” Sierra told Kuiku. “I swear the sights on this thing are off,” she grumbled as she reloaded her laser pistol. She took a few more shots, got frustrated, and then just burned the ever-living shit out of the target, the log, and about ten feet of grass with a well-placed fire bolt.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Suddenly the last few remaining targets are blasted off the log from behind them. As they turn around, they see Conrad behind them with two recently discharged weapons; Conrad is holding a rifle and a pistol, the rifle in his hands and the pistol in his tail.

If you are having problems with your pistol Sierra, let me have a look at it. Faulty sights can get you killed. And remember to hook up your empty e-clips to the generator in the ATV to recharge.
Sierra Mackenzie

“Show off much?” Sierra asked Conrad. “I mean, I couldn’t really afford a gun living in Whykin,” she said. “Most of my scraps were fists and knives in the streets. They gave me a little training when I joined the Legion, but I had my fill staring down the barrel of a gun.”

Sierra handed her pistol to Conrad. She closed her eyes and shuddered, remembering staring at the laser rifles pointed at her, ready to execute her, until Jude Maverick (Sierra sighed longingly) had rescued her.

The sights on her pistol were just fine.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Conrad wrote:Suddenly the last few remaining targets are blasted off the log from behind them. As they turn around, they see Conrad behind them with two recently discharged weapons; Conrad is holding a rifle and a pistol, the rifle in his hands and the pistol in his tail.
"Show off. But now you see why I am practicing. I am not interested in getting that good, I prefer my blades, but being a little better never hurts." Kuikku holsters his pistol and walks over to the log. Setting up a few more targets he talks over his shoulder. "And Sierra, your skill with fire more than makes up for your firearm skills. If we can find a few things that don't burn, easily, we can set up some targets for you too."

He walks back over to his designated firing line and stops. In one motion he draws his pistol and turns to shoot at a target. Missing by a wide margin the shot instead hits the front of the Mountaineer. Flinching he glances at Conrad and shrugs sheepishly. "No damage, no foul?"
Character
Kuikku
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas laughs. He returns to his native form, then walks a pace or two downrange, turns, and faces his teammates. "You may use me for target practice, both with laser and with fire. My hide is impenetrable, and I am no stranger to fire." He holds up a hand where one of the targets used to be. "Here is your bulls-eye." He then points to the tip of one of his fingers. "Go on. I am not afraid of such meager weaponry."
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

“I don’t know,” Sierra responded to Kuikku. “I mean, it isn’t like I’ve been much help. I couldn’t do much against those vampires. And what if we were somewhere I couldn’t light up, like…” Sierra shrugged. “Like a sewer filled with methane?” Then again, shooting off a laser in such a situation probably wasn’t wise, either.

When Tyraxas offered himself up as a target, Sierra grinned. “Really? I mean, I’m not so bad I couldn’t hit the broad side of a dragon.” She raised her pistol and fired.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad brushes the front of the mountaineer and rubs the scratch, getting it off.

"Too many of those and you can redo the paintwork chummer," he said with a big toothy grin, "As for the shooting, don't rush your shots. take your time to aim. I'm hardly the best shot in the Legion, but with some aiming," he taps the helmet of his armour, "and a little assistance, its better to hit with one shot than miss with three.

Conrad pulls out a knife and hands it to Sierra, as he checks her sights. He pretend to do something to them maybe its psychological or just needs to practice.

"Sierra, we get caught in situations like that, fists, knives, vibro weaponry would be important. Not everybody is useful in every situation. I'm no good at patching people up, but I was useful against the vampires because I knew what I was up against." He taps his head again, "Use this; know your enemy." He hands Sierra back her pistol, "try now, set for the wrong height of person."

Conrad hefts up the Hill Flattener out of the mountaineer as the dragon offers his claw for target practice.

"Shall we test that theory Tyraxas?" he says, obviously joking
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Conrad wrote:Conrad brushes the front of the mountaineer and rubs the scratch, getting it off.

"Too many of those and you can redo the paintwork chummer," he said with a big toothy grin.
Kuikku becomes thoughtful and walks over to the Mountaineer looking at the front end and down both sides. "You know, a good flame motif may not be a bad idea. We have a dragon, a hot chick, literally, and another one that can blow your mind, in lots of different ways. Flames across the front and down the sides would let people know who they are dealing with, and what may happen if things get hot. Hmm. We could call ourselves the 32nd Burn and that would also warn people about the consequences of messing with us, they might burn for thirty seconds. I am willing to bet with a little effort we could even build a real flamethrower or two into the art work." He slaps the front of the vehicle and looks around the group, eyes landing on Conrad. "Good idea, right?"
Character
Kuikku
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

"Did someone say fire paint on the ATV?"

Deezy was there behind Kuikku. She hadn't been there a second earlier, and there was no clear sign of where she'd come from. Her eyes were big and wide and excited, and her lips were spread in a giant grin.

"Because...I might have some...ideas...for that? If that's what you said? Just now?""
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' »

Toshiro rolls his eyes at Tyr's bravado, but find himself nodding along to Conrad's advice. Toshiro could tell that he and Conrad would get along well. The grackletooths practical, no-nonsense approach suited Toshiro.

Toshiro strolls over to kuikku, unholstering his pistol on the way. He pops one of his few remaining chips in the socket in the side of his skull, and his eye lids flutter as the expertise (if such a cheap chip could be called expertise) uploads into his cranium.

He holds the pistol with straight arms aimed at the current target. He releases one hand, and points to the other one on pistol grip, drawing attention to his white knuckled grip. When kuikku seems to understand, he then looks down the sights closing one eye. He looks back up at Kuikku and shakes his head, frowning, then forks his first to fingers, points at both of his eyes, and points down range at the target. Finally, he lines up the sights, then takes an exaggerated breath, pointedly exhaling as he gently pulls the trigger. His shot finds it's Mark down range, if not perfectly centered on the target.

He holsters the Pistol without fanfare and nods at the cyber knight. Reaching into his pocket he pulls out a rolled cigar and turns to Sierra. He holds the cigar between his index finger and thumb, holding it out as far as he can extend it away from him, cut but unlit side out. He winks at the burster, and then waits...
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]

Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas balks for a moment. Not wanting to be shown up, he boasts. "I can take it! Do your worst!" In the back of his mind, he calculates the likelihood that he might have to spend time regrowing his hand. If a dragon could sweat, he might be doing so this very moment.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Deezy Klatta wrote:"Did someone say fire paint on the ATV?"

Deezy was there behind Kuikku. She hadn't been there a second earlier, and there was no clear sign of where she'd come from. Her eyes were big and wide and excited, and her lips were spread in a giant grin.

"Because...I might have some...ideas...for that? If that's what you said? Just now?"
Kuikku blinks trying to figure out exactly where Deezy was before she appeared in from of him. With a slight grin he looks into her eyes. "Really? You... might have some ideas on fire and flame throwers? I was actually thinking about asking Toshiro what he had to say on the matter. But, if you think your ideas would be better I am willing to listen. Though, I make no promises." The last is said with a very serious face, almost a frown. A closer look can clearly see the twinkle in his eyes though.
Character
Kuikku
Sierra Mackenzie

Sierra took the knife Conrad handed to her and looked it over as he fiddled with her pistol. She giggled. “You call that a knife? This is a knife!” she said, drawing the ornate, gold-handled, dragon-hilted dagger she had found in the stash along with her coat. Deezy said there was some sort of enchantment on it. Sierra just thought it looked cool. Great for a mantlepiece. Definitely wouldn’t want it on the street, though. Someone would try and gut you to steal it.

“Not sure my head is any good,” she told the grackletooth. “I mean, growing up in Whykin doesn’t exactly lend itself to getting an education on monsters out in the middle of a swamp hundreds of miles away.”

Sierra sheathed her knife and handed Conrad’s back as she took her pistol again. She checked it. It seemed better. She knew Conrad was good at fixing things.

“Thanks,” she said.

Sierra turned to find Toshiro holding out an unlit cigar. She grinned and snapped her fingers, lighting it easily.

“I was actually thinking about asking Toshiro what he had to say on the matter,” Kuikku said.

“Um, K-Boss, if you hadn’t noticed, Toshiro doesn’t talk. He’s not gonna say anything about it,” Sierra giggled.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas shrugs. "I think I understand him quite well. You just have to read him." He looks at the monk, jams a draconic thumb into his own chest, points two fingers first at his own eyes, then one at Toshiro, then taps the side of his head, and lastly, gives a thumbs up. It's almost an excellent way to have said "I see you and I understand."
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas overhears talk of painting flames onto the vehicles. "Why would you deface the vehicles so? Is it a tactical deception to make your vehicle appear as if it is damaged?" He ponders what it would look like if his own flame were somehow imprinted on the hood. "Perhaps it is a totem, symbolic of triumphing over a flaming enemy?"
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Sierra Mackenzie wrote:“Um, K-Boss, if you hadn’t noticed, Toshiro doesn’t talk. He’s not gonna say anything about it,” Sierra giggled.
Kuikku looks shocked when Sierra says this. "Wait! What?! Toshiro doesn't talk? Then how did he give that report yesterday? Oh, God, have I been hallucinating again? Did you put something extra in that 'cigarette' you gave me?" He walks away stumbling a bit with one hand out as if trying to brace against a wall that is not there.
Tyraxas wrote:Tyraxas overhears talk of painting flames onto the vehicles. "Why would you deface the vehicles so? Is it a tactical deception to make your vehicle appear as if it is damaged?" He ponders what it would look like if his own flame were somehow imprinted on the hood. "Perhaps it is a totem, symbolic of triumphing over a flaming enemy?"
Flopping into a seated position Kuikku looks up at Tyraxas, eyes slightly crossed. "Exactly. It is both a symbol of triumph and a warning to others. 'If you mess with us you will get burned.' And in our case it is both literal and figurative. Because when the two of you breath fire anything in our way is sure to burn." With that Kuikku lays back gazing at the stars. "Yep, Sierra, that is some good stuff."
Character
Kuikku
Sierra Mackenzie

“Because flames would look wicked cool, T-Rex!” Sierra told Tyraxus. “And it’s all about the stylin’!”

She grinned and watched Kuikku. “Told you it was some good shit,” she said. She pulled out one of her special cigarettes and lit it with the tip of her finger, taking a good pull and breathing out slowly with a contented sigh.

“Oh, Norona, that reminds me. Keep your eye out for plants that look like this.” She dug out a t-shirt with a marijuana leaf on it from her pack.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad grins at Tyr and puts the Hill Flattener down.
"Relax, I'm just messing with you chummer."
Sierra Mackenzie wrote:“Not sure my head is any good,” she told the grackletooth. “I mean, growing up in Whykin doesn’t exactly lend itself to getting an education on monsters out in the middle of a swamp hundreds of miles away.”
"Learning on the job is sometimes the best way," Conrad reassures her, "all kinds of weird and wonderful on this planet. Best way to learn is to get out there and encounter it. The more we learn, the better equipped we are to deal with it. I learned a lot of stuff at Tolkeen and in my travels, but out here, I am in the dark as much as you are."

As people keep discussing flame decals, Conrad rolls his eyes and puts a reassuring tail on his personal vehicle.

"Nobody is painting my ATV! You leave the decals as they are."
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

"It wouldn't be LITERAL paint!" Deezy protests to Conrad. "It would be more like a colloidal suspension of teeny tiny little nodules of a binary exothermic reactants that we could trigger to...remotely...and..."

She trailed off, wilting slightly under Conrad's glare.

"It would catch on fire," the technomage explains weakly. "Like, we could push a button and the fire paint would catch on actual fire and it would be AMAZING and awesome!"

Deezy gave the grackle the puppy-dog eyes.

"Don't you want to catch your ATV on fire? I mean, not the WHOLE ATV. Just the paint."
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad fixes Deezy a look

"No!" he raises his voice, obviously annoyed, "my ATV is set up in a specific way to protect us from vampires and I am not letting anybody disturb that."

At the other side of the camp, everybody can hear laughter as Jameson breaks into hysterics.

"The ... look... on ... your... face" she manages to force out with difficulty
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

OOC Comments
Toshiro 'Cybermonk' wrote:Toshiro watches the dragon and angel spar intently as he sharpens his sword. It is a good opportunity to judge their relatively capabilities and learn what they can an can't be counted on to do in a pinch.

Tyr is clearly inexperienced but has good reflexes. Jareb's obviously holding back, but I can't tell how much...

When Jareb's stick shatters, wounding the angels eye, Toshiro shakes his head and returns his focus to his vibroblade. Injuries during practice are commonplace in most encampments, and almost never last long thanks to the the help of magical healing. He had been briefed on Kuikku's armor and the healing capability it gave him, so there was no need to fret at a little blood.

As he suspected, the angel is back to lessons in a matter of minutes. When Kuikku joins the fray and it becomes clear that his is an open Battle Royale, Toshiro lays down his weapon and stone and grab a stick of appropriate size before hopping into the fray. Before long, both he, Jareb and Tyr are making a concerted effort to break through their leader's expert defense, but no matter how well they time their attacks to come at him from multiple directions, he always manages to escape without only glancing blows.

In a later bout, he faces Tyr, whose natural dragon reflexes easily match Toshiro's limited training. Unable to score a hit on the dragon, Toshiro tries a different tactic. After a particularly furious round of attacks from Tyr, Toshiro grins through heavy breathing and raises his hands above his head in surrender, "blade" still in hand. As soon as he see's Tyr's muscles relax though, he springs forward and catches the young dragon with a blow to ribcage.

Seeing the chance to teach the relatively naïve dragon a lesson, Toshiro wags his finger at the dragon, and exaggerates his shoulders slumping. He then raises his eyebrows and holds up two fingers. He pauses for a moment and points to himself and then the floor, then points to himself again, and then turns, showing hands crossed at the wrist behind his back.

Not sure if the dragon go the message, he give him a questioning thumbs up.
Jareb frowns and his gift giggles. ” Straighten that thumb Toshiro.” Dragons? Why are all the dragons I see child like wonders? Strong and mighty yet simple creatures... Jareb sits down and stretches his legs.
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Conrad wrote:Conrad fixes Deezy a look

"No!" he raises his voice, obviously annoyed, "my ATV is set up in a specific way to protect us from vampires and I am not letting anybody disturb that."

At the other side of the camp, everybody can hear laughter as Jameson breaks into hysterics.

"The ... look... on ... your... face" she manages to force out with difficulty
Jareb drops the paint brushes in his hand and Gift gives a little cute baby fart. The angel raises an eye brow and asks with genuine interest, ” Really? What anit-vampire protections does the vehicle offer?”
Jareb Combat data
Combat edges:
    Elan
Command edges:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-2 bennies for swamp
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas puzzles at Sierra. "Wicked cool? They are flames. They can be neither good, nor evil. And...they are flames. There is nothing cold about them."
The gears turn some more...then the look on his face softens. "This is lingo! Irony? That is an interesting concept." The dragon continues to ponder the idea of referring to something as the opposite of what it is. "The weather in this swamp is frigid!" He looks back at Sierra. "Did I do it right?"
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Sierra Mackenzie

“Not temperature cool, but...cool cool. Like...I don’t know… Hot. Rad. Awesome. Burn, baby!” she tried to explain street lingo.

Sierra winced a bit when Tyraxas tried it out. “Keep...practicing…”
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku pats Tyr on the shoulder. "It is not always about opposites, some times it is about extremes. In the case of this swamp you would say something like 'It is so hot I am melting.' We both know that people don't melt from excess heat, they burn. But as many beings sweat when they get too hot all that extra surface liquid can fell like they are melting." Walking away he tosses one last piece of advice. "Shoot for irony, that generally works."
Character
Kuikku
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas nods at Kuikku. "Irony. I am capable of such things." He looks around at the swamp. "You all should sweat some more. The swamp is drying out!" He grins expectantly, hoping his joke has landed.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post