Adventure 1: The Jewel Finder

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Adventure 1: The Jewel Finder

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Erin Tairin some say in her last years became a queen. There were non better than her at stopping to smell the roses. She was always accompianed in her garden by a talking cat, the size of a house cat, named Bell. There while being the queen of her garden domain she would spin tales and tell stories of history past. Bell loved to hear the stories of non other than The legends of the Black. What follows are the said tales of legends true, from Humble begininnings to Hans heights, these stories chronicle a tale of woe and triumphant: Legends of the Black!

Lord Coake looks at the BC perhaps as a whole for the last time. Some were headining to the east coast in search of bases Alecto had information on. Alecto herself was joining the 1st set, for reasons that were between her and Coake. The vaunted leader lf the cyber knights seemed to take Caravello's death extremely hard. All he would say was, " I never got to tell him... I never got to tell him he was my friend."
The newly rebuilt towers of Gloom gleam in the setting sun, it would seem the perpetual cloudy sky has finally given way to the first if not fleeting rays of sunshine.

After the company abet awkwardly goes their seperate ways Lord Coake grabs Hans and Humble and takes you aside.
He seems preoccupied and fairly melencoly. His eyes... well it looks like he has not seen much sleep.
" Uh, sorry about before, and sorry about Caravello. He... He was a good man. I am not sure what you two want to do, but an old contact of mine Caleb Koll let me know he has some kimd of craft for sale. Might be something, might be nothing. If you don't mind stayimg in Gloom for a few weeks, he said he would come arround and leave word at the C. B. Hotel. " Lord Coake sighs, " With our mag train destroyed, I was thinking a nice vehicle would be good for the company. Hans you seem shrewd and Humble, you... well... Caleb is known by another name in some disreputable circles. The Jewel Finder. Trust me a double or triple cross is not out of the question, but seeimg what he has might prove useful. He is known to find really interesting items, some even say he has access to cutting edge AI tech from the golden age." Coake looks at the two trying to gauge interest. His nose twitches and he looks down the way spying an elderly human woman talking to the otherside Victoria Geist. " Well Humble and Hans, I'll be in touch. I am heading to Garnet town. If you are interested contact Jeff Sundance at the B.C. Hotel at the front desk, he will let you know when the jewel finder arrives." He walks away joining the two women and they disappear into a crowd.
Hans Hook
During the time you stay in Gloom, Diamond Clad the newly elected mayor asks for your help to repair the arcane portal and perhaps rebuild the arcane company.
DC, seems a bit more flustered than normal when you come into his office, papers are strewn everywhere. " Ah Hans... Hans... Hans... We need that portal up and running, this city virtually depends on it. With all the heroes heading home I am afraid the good garnered from it, well are all we can depend on. Ailbhe and Sammy have aggreed to,stay on for the time being to lead teams through, assuming we get the blast thimg working." He shuffles some papers and grabs a pen. " I thought Crystal might help, but she is off seeimg the world with her new leese on life. Libertas... Well he is legion and has been reassigned. I have a standard contract worked up for you 3 weeks worth of work. 10k per week, and 50k bonus if you get it working.
  • Gm Note: Two Rolls are required, (Optional Persuasion roll if you want some more money out of him. +5k, and +25k( bonus) per success and raise)
  • Repair at -4 to,repair the ancient frame lf rock and iron
  • Tw at -8
to repair the delicate and most intricate of tw pieces Hans has ever seen.
Humble Hook
Humble is approached by Nathan Allbridge, a man working for the city and betterment of all. He has a carnaval pulled into town and he was wondering if he could enlist humbles help.
Nathan eyes Humble like a dog a bone... After a few terse seconds Nathan approaches. His flaming red hair is slicked back, and he has on a pair of dark sunglasses. He has a thick drawl and he shoots from the hip, " Well nows, thems said you were a big fella. I am Nathan, ring master and promoter of a traveling circus of sorts. We tend to put on ye ol jousting tournaments. From knife throwing, to dear ole plumb fighting we do everything. We raise the hopes and give people something to cheer about. From what I gather a war was brewing, and folks could use some happiness." Nathan lowers his shades looking at Humble with unfiltered purple eyes. " From what I also hear your a hero, there is even a giant magical statue of you here in the center square. What I need is a main attraction, a star if you will. Someone folks know and like. Someone who is humble. It pays 10k per week, for 3 weeks and if you win the events you take home a purse of 50k. Can I, nay can the people of Gloom count on you?"
GM Note: 2 rolls are required (Optional Persuasion roll if you want some more money out of him. +5k, and +25k( bonus) per success and raise)
[*]Throwing -4 (short, medium, and long range) contests of throwing axes at wooden bullseyes
[*]Fighting -6 armed combat with archaic ill balanced swords against fairly skilled opponents.
Player direction and Interlude
Ok folks welcome to you first interlude. Feel free to play off the hooks(or don't) and make NPCs up as you see fit. If you need time to build things or go shopping now is a good time as any ( anything in the main book i available at a 25% markup). You have at least 3 weeks, and we can push it longer as long as you guys do not mind waiting. Next GM Scene will be at the craft/vehicle Caleb is selling ( unless someone does something CRAZY).

Directions: Roll 1d4 to get a general theme, possible extra complication or reward. Then narrate the results.
Special, players may roll twice if they ... narrative.
  • 1) Clubs, and obstacle of some sort has made all rolls made during the interlude period at an additional -2 ( this includes any of the above hook rolls if so taken)
    2) Hearts, while you are in Gloom for 3 weeks or so you meet someone who befriends your character. Come up with a NPC that might be uesful to your character and you gain him/her as a contact at a +2 bonus. Items and prices are 10% off due to the friendly help. This should only make a 15% markup.
    3) Diamonds, through fortuitous circumstances all dice rolled during this interlude time, inluding the above hooks are at a +2.
    4) Spades, at every turn your efforts to talk, or aquire goods are thwarted by an unknown enemy. Connection rolls made during this scene are at a -2, and items are 10% more expensive
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Adventure 1: The Jewel Finder

Post by Hans Greuber »

Interlude Roll
[dice]0[/dice]
  • 3) Diamonds, through fortuitous circumstances all dice rolled during this interlude time, including the above hooks are at a +2.
Hook Rolls
Persuasion roll to improve his pay (-2 due Untrained, +2 due Interlude Roll)
  • Persuasion: [dice]1[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]2[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]9[/dice] (Elan)
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise
Repair Roll at d12+4 (+4 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Mr. Fixit, +2 due Interlude Roll, -4 due Scene)
  • Repair: [dice]3[/dice]
    • Ace: [dice]7[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]4[/dice]
    Result: 17 - Success with 3 Raises. Half repair times due to Raise with Mr. Fixit.
Techno-Wizard at d12-4 (+4 due Machine Maestro, -8 due scene)
  • Weird Science: [dice]5[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]6[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]8[/dice] (Elan)
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
"Are you sure that you can't up the pay a little? I know I am the only one in the city who can get this baby fixed up."

With an increase of pay secured, Hans gets to work with a purpose. Repairing the rock and iron frame of the portal was easy, and quickly finished. Trust a Dwarf to know how to work with rock and iron. The actual fine workings of the Techno-Wizardly mechanisms, however, does not go as well. Hans spends almost a week cursing at it for almost 8 hours a day as he refuses to give up and admit defeat; making and using a Quantum Cellular Regenerator just to be able to continue his planned work on his own Devices. Each repair just shows another that needs to be done before it will be able to work. The stubborn Dwarf, however, just keeps at it, day in and day out. Finally in a eureka moment, he understands the underlying theories behind the gate's working and starts making his own work arounds instead of repairing the original craftsman's work. Half a week before the three week deadline, Hans finishes the last connection.

"Fire it up. Time for a test portal. Anywhere but that darn ice planet that I went through to last time... and no beaches. I hate beaches. Make it for a nice sunny rock outcropping."

The technicians fire up the portal, and once again Gloom is in the interdimensional mercenary game.

"Told you I could do it, and that I was worth every credit. Now where is my 160,000 credits?"

During his nights that he kept awake using his Quantum Cellular Regenerator and the time after he is done with the Gate, Hans works on his own gear.
Hans's Personal Time's Work
3-4 weeks to work
Work on Dreamtime (TW Revolver)
  • Add Slumber Power (40k, 5d6 Days)
    • Build Roll d12+2 (-4 due Difficulty, +2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Tools, +2 due Scholar)
      • Build: [dice]10[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]11[/dice]
        Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises. Free Minor Upgrade (+1 to Shooting)
      Time: [dice]12[/dice] =16 Days
    Add 1 Die to Shooting (10k, 2d6 Days)
    • Build Roll d12+2 (-4 due Difficulty, +2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Tools, +2 due Scholar)
      Build: [dice]13[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]14[/dice]
      Result: 8 - Success with Raise. Free Minor Upgrade (5 PPE)
    Time: [dice]15[/dice] = 6 Days
Looking at his remaining supply of gems, wires and other Techno-Wizardly parts, Hans decides that he needs to go off to see the Mindblade, the Simvan merchant for the Black Market for a resupply. Flying to the Ashlands area of Gloom with his newly acquired Wings of Icarus, Hans lands just outside the Black market's camp in the ruined area.

"Black market is like a cockroach... you can maybe drive them off for a while, but you can never kill them. Looks like they are doing a thriving business and are more heavily invested in Gloom now than under Geist."

"Mindblade, I need to look over your gems and wires again. My supply is getting low... and I need a Magic Optic System."

Looking over the Simvan's inventory, Hans comes up with his order.

"This is what I want... now lets talk price..."
Bargaining 5
Persuasion (Untrained, but +2 due Card Result)
  • Persuasion: [dice]16[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]17[/dice]
    Result: 5 - 5% off Markup?!?
Hans picks up 200k worth of TW parts (Costs him 240k), and a Magic Optic System (Goggles; 30k value for 36k)
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
3) Diamonds, through fortuitous circumstances all dice rolled during this interlude time, inluding the above hooks are at a +2.

Scene Penalty -6, Victory Narrative +2
Fighting [dice]1[/dice]
Fighting Wild [dice]2[/dice]
When the fighting is initially over Humble looks around content with the results. A lot of people died and some of them true heroes. But that is the way of war. "I will miss them."
Heading out to find Sammy and Hans Humble was disappointed to find out his friends were all breaking up. Well Hans still wanted to adventure together at least.
When the man came to Humble offering him a job. Humble was offended, he was no simple sell sword who fought for entertainment. He was going to knock the man away. But then the man pointed out how much the other people needed to see it. Looking down at the man a little suspicious Humble decides to help him out. "I will help you."
The fights were well balanced, Humble found they had many champions from the battle who had come fight who the strange man had called The Incredibly Humble. But eventually Humble defeated them all to quickly so that he was asked to work it out a little.
Until Shurik came. Humble was surprised and happy to see him. "Chief Shurik fight Humble. This will be great fight!"
Shurik was amazing his skills exceeding Humbles by leaps and bounds, able to score several solid blows for every blow Humble scored. But even with his superior skills no one had more endurance than Humble. His endurance came from the very force of war and conflict itself. An Elemental nature force of nature. And even with Shurik's great skill Humble was able to overcome him.

When the battle was over Humble went to Shurik being with him while his wounds were taken care of. "Chief Shuril, how is Pia daughter of Humble?" Having acquired what wealth was available from the BC as Humbles share he gave as much as they were willing to accept to Shurik to help the Gather prosper and ensure the safety of Pia while he was away. (OOC about 3 million)
The two were able to fall into conversation as Humble was invited to join the Gather again, an offer Humble could not turn down. Spending some time with the Gather and grounding himself Humble stayed as long as he could before the urge for conflict started to grow again in him. Telling the elders that he must go again. Humble went and joined Hans. "Where are we going?"

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"Humble, a few things that the Queen of Promises, one of the opponents I faced when we were separated, got me concerned about my family back in the mountains off to the East. I plan on getting us a fast vehicle and going to check up on them. If at any time you feel like you must have some action, we can stop and check on a few local towns or villages and deal with any monster, bandit, or slaver problems in the area that concerns them."

"Is there any gear you need help picking before we head out? Mindblade, one of the Simvan Black Market merchants is back in the Ashlands quarter, and he can hook us up with most anything we may need. For our vehicle, we will talk to this Caleb, the Jewel Hunter. He is supposed to have access to a vehicle that should meet all of our needs and then some, if stories I have heard are true"
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

looking down as Hans Humble smiled, and offered him what was left of his funds. "You can help, then keep rest?" squatting down to help lift the supplies Hans had set up humble added. "I want to fly. But I do not need so much."
upon looking at what was handed him Hans sees it is close to 7 million credits. Well maybe the guy kept some?
OOC Comments
Had 10 million, gave the Gather 3 million and Hans the rest, if he can find a good jet pack that is awesome. But money does little good for Humble because people are always taking advantage of him and hate him.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

C.B. hotel
C.B. hotel
At the appointed time Hans and Humble arrive at the C.B. Hotel in Gloom. The lobby is ornate and a few folks are sitting in oversize chairs sipping some wine. There are a few security gaurds dressed in Gladdius power armor keeping an eye on the well to do folks that pass through the lobby to their rooms or the offices adjacent to the main lobby. The front Desk man looks at Hans and Humble when they approach. He has dakr black hair slicked back, and a smile quicker than a cat on the draw. Easy going with a bit of a drawl he says, " Welcome to the C.B Hotel gentlemen. The name is Jeff Sundance what can I do for... Ah yes I see." A look of sly recognition passes over his face, " Just sit down with the other gentlemen there in the main lobby. Enjoy a glass of wine if you wish. Mr. Koll will be down shortly."
Lobby
Lobby
Lobby
Sitting down each finely dressed gentlemen reacts slightly different to Hans and Humble. An elf with a white scarf tied nearly around his neck gives you both a look of disdain. A pair of D'Norr devil men possible twins smile warmly and pass you each a glass of wine. A psi-stalker with a full head of fiery red hair almost fumbles his own wine as you sit. The Psi-stalker was saying, " Oh gracious... As I was saying, Flibus, do you believe The Jewel Finder really did find a cash of Golden age weaponry?"

The Well to do elf merely nods giving Humble and Hans the side eye.

The pair of D'Norr twins quietly whisper each one talking in rhythm with the next so it was as if they were speaking as one person, " We do not believe it to be of golden age origin, something from Phase world would make sense given our interests."

The elf gives Hans and Humble a look over, " Really and whom do you two represent, do they just let the drabble off the streets come to these things?" The elf cranes his neck towards the door as if expecting someone else.

The Psi-stalker laughs and slaps his knee nearly spilling his wine, " Oh please do forgive Flibus, he is just overly sensitive to new blood. I suppose Martillo could not be bothered to make it to this gathering. A shame I suppose. And yet I am not too sad as it gives us a better chance in winning the prize."

The conjecture soon comes to a halt as a man well dressed with cuff links of distinct arcane origins approaches. His slightly angular features him the impression of an elvish heritage. He eases in to an arm chair and smiles at everyone, " Comfortable? I am Caleb Koll of course, what is impossible to obtain it is my job to acquire. Everyone here has no idea what I am selling, and yet you have the funds to purchase it twice, thrice, and perhaps even four times over. My man Jeff assured me off this the moment you walked in, he has a sixth sense about these things, and is hardly ever wrong." Caleb clasps his hands in-front of him and smiles viciously, " So gentlemen, there are 4 parties here invested in the item I have. Its five million creds just to bid, and another 5 million to purchase the item." Appearing out of seemingly thin air the desk clerk, Jeff Sundance appears with a card reader. " Underneath everyone's seats is a small tube, it contains a clue as to what the object might be. You may reach for it as soon as 5 million credits have been deposited. Then each party will have 3 chances to guess as to what the item is. Whomever guesses correct, I will personally take to the site where they can purchase the item upon seeing it. Pairs will of course alternate guesses with one guessing twice and the other once." The other 4 gentlemen deposit their funds( the pair of D'Norr's only deposit 5million total) and reach under there seats. Jeff coughs slightly as he stands in front of Hans...
Caleb Koll
Caleb Koll
Caleb Koll
Hans and Humble Get a Clue
Your clue, is more than a clue... It is a cry for help.
Hans and Humble, I know you two to be somehow connected with Lord Coake and I know you two to be heroes of Gloom. I Caleb Koll need your help, one of these other interested individuals means to kill me. I need to place myself under your protection immediately. This is exactly what the item is... Please use some tact as it cannot be seen that we are in on it together.
  • Players note: You guys designed the ship, so feel free to be as vague or exact about your guesses...

Caleb nods after everyone has a chance to read and looks at Hans and Humble, " New comers first as always and I am afraid gentlemen as they say it is your go."

Player Directions: Do a little RP, how do you play the "guess" on what the item is? Do you go super exact or do you leave it just vague enough to get a lucky guess here or there? Make either a stealth or persuation roll if you are at all trying to conceal this surprising turn of events. Of course should you go a different way feel free to narrate up to the point dice are rolled.
Please include a notice roll with your post as it will be used in the next scene!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Persuasion 5
Persuasion: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
  • Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
Result: 5 - Success
Notice 10
Notice: [dice]2[/dice]
  • Ace: [dice]5[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
Result: 10 - Success with Raise
”Just let me do the talking and follow my lead, Humble, and we should get this ship. Looking at this swanky place, they will want for us to check our biggest weapons with the guards. I will keep my revolver, and you can keep your shotgun and sword, but the Plasma Cannon, Railgun and Hammer should be left with the guards. It will make them feel better, and it is not as if we couldn’t just take them back whenever we wished.”

Hans walks into the BC Hotel and quickly sizes it up. Wanting to keep the guards on his side, he checks Satisfaction and his NE-45 Cartridge Revolver, just keeping his TW revolver Dreamtime at his hip, motioning for Humble to also check his biggest and most fearsome armaments and to just keep his shotgun and Flaming Sword. Removing his helmet, Hans makes his way to the front desk.
Note
Hans’s head still has a red aura from his TW armor, and still has full environmental protection and full armor.
”Yes, Mr. Sundance. We will wait for Mr. Koll.”

Walking over to the indicated seats, Hans just ignores the obvious distain from the Elf and takes the seat right next to him.

”You can call me Mr. Gruber, and this is my associate Humble. Mr. Flibus, we represent ourselves, and as for us being ‘Drabble off the Streets’, my armor here alone would go for a cool half million credits. We are professionals, and have been paid as such. I have no doubt that my associate and I have enough credits to hold our own in this crowd.”

Once Jeff comes over to Hans, he opens a small pouch holding eighteen credsticks and hands him five; each holding 1 million credits. That done, he reaches under his seat and takes out the tube. Opening it, Hans puts on his best poker face as he reads the note from Caleb.

”Well sorry, gentlemen. My clue here gives me just enough information that, combined with what some of my ‘Drabble off the Streets’ friends have told me about the shipments coming into Gloom here, tells me exactly what we are trying to buy. As I have been told, Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance, and this time I am prepared.”

With a nod to Humble and Mr. Kohl, and a smirk to Mr. Flibus, Hans starts describing the vehicle.

“It is a UWW-53 Intra-Planetary Light Troop Transport, meant for long range and duration missions. It has Anti-Grav propulsion, holds 1 crew and 19 passengers. Faster than almost anything its size along a Ley Line, it still has pretty good speed off of them. They are known for having unlimited fuel on a Ley line, but are energy hogs off, requiring up to 7 gifted people just to keep up with its energy costs, but does have a reservoir that can last almost an hour and a half. They also come stock with ejection seats, deflector screens, and have enough living quarters for their full complement of 20 people. I was also told this one looked like it was armed with a light laser… and it is a matt black in colour. I can go on, but I believe I have made my point. Mr. Kohl, both my associate and myself are ready to head out to the merchandise when you are.”

Putting his helmet back on, Hans leads Humble back to the guards holding their heavier weapons.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Notice 3 sight, 5 smell
Notice [dice]0[/dice] +2 with Smell
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
When Hans asks for his rail-gun Humble only shrugs and hands it over, but when Hans asks for his hammer, Humble looks cautiously. "I need hammer back latter. Its my favorite."

As the elf begins being rude to Humble he smiles in a manor that few would consider friendly and looks down to Hans. "Does he live?" Without Hans okaying a fight, Humble figures it is better not to do anything to abrasive.

But as the conversation turned to the bidding and auction process Humble looses interest in the bidding alltogether instead interested in watching the other people and how they are acting. Something about this place bugged him. It was all shiny like they wanted people to see it, but then people like this elf were being rude to him for no reason. Maybe if he just tore off an arm or something it would let the others know he was not to be bullied.

Humble takes a look inside the tittle clue box, but the writing is all so small he has no clue what it says. Squinting real hard for a bit Humble hands the clue back to Hans. "Too small, can't see it good." His face scrunches up as if he is annoyed and he looks around as if their are clues to be found in the faces of the others.
"Can see it it Hans. What is it?"
Notes
Taking up GM on Benny option to not be able to read it.
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 10/10
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 5
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 1st Q 2018 Posting rate
    +1 For not being able to read letter

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Recap
Stunned, it takes the other four gentlemen a moment to race after Mr. Koll, Hans, and Humble. The elf, Flibus looks absolutley heated, and the two D'Norr seem just as perplexed. The psi-
stalker however slips out mostly unnoticed.

Flibus exlaims, " Now see here! Something is rotten in this transaction. I... I demand that these two mercenaries if they really are that are disqualified from the contest. In all our years we have never had such a breech of protocol."

The two D'Norr's speak their one mind echoing their decadant friend, " Yes, this is quiet concerning Caleb that your vaunted security was breeched. Compensation must be given... Caffin what do..." Its about then that the three realize their affluent psi-stalker friend has disapeared on them.

Mr Koll tips his head and appologetically holds up his arms, " As you can see gentalmen without three formal complaints no refund can be given. If that is a problem I am sure these fine security gentlemen can intercede." Caleb Koll motions to the gladdius armored individuals who have taken a keen intrest in the comotion. Caleb whispers under his breath to Hans and Humble, " Now, would be a good time to make our exit. If Jeff is worth his salt he would have brought the car arround front."

As they leave the shouts of Flibus echo in the lobby, " I'll see to it you never work again Koll, not here, not anywhere respectable. You will not be able to do business anywhere in the megaverse, not even that mud ball wormwood! Not since Martillo usurped those Glitter Boys for his father has their been such a breech of trust! You will pay for this Koll, mark my words!!"

Indeed at the bottom of the steps exiting the hotel and its grand lobby is a hover car...
Caleb Koll waves you over to it once you collected your gear, " I think it is time we conclude our business Hans and Humble if you get in I will try to explain as much as I can."
IMG_0389.JPG

Feel free to react to the rapid developments. As always feel free to narrate up until you need to roll dice. The big question is do you get into the car(it will fit Humble)?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble looks into the car and is surprised to see it actually has room to fit him. Looking at Hans he asks. "Man who disappeared, you safe?"
Then Humble waits for Hans response on if Humble should get in first or last. Humble could not decide, if he got in last he could use his body to shield the other two, if he got in first then he could make sure the strange man was not in the vehicle. Humble was a little confused at which option was better and did not want to make the wrong call. Maybe he could suggest they all just walk, this guy looked healthy enough to walk.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Just in case we need to make a quick escape, best to be prepared with a Quantum Resonance Translocator
Teleport Gadget
Making his Quantum Resonance Translocator (+2 due Machine Maestro)
Weird Science: [dice]0[/dice]
Result: 5 - success. Teleport Gadget with 15 PPE
Getting out a few items from his pouch, Hans quickly puts together a Quantum Resonance Translocator as he walks to the hover car and gets in the front passenger's seat (if available).

"Even if he is after us, we should be safe, as long as we keep moving. He would have to set in motion whatever plan he has, and if we hurry away, we may just be out of the area before it would start. I will go in first, Humble. Just be ready to jump in as soon as we are all inside. and ready"

"Caleb, I was hoping that they would attribute the information I was giving on the vehicle to my skills, as opposed to your lack thereof or any ulterior actions on your part. I believe they do not think we are in this together, but rather it is due to some ulterior actions on my part. My apologies for any difficulties this may pose, but we will take care of you. Leaving as soon as possible will help us avoid any actions by those who wish to do you harm."
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Caleb, gets in next to Humble in the back. With urgency he tells his man Jeff, " Jeff, floor it... Flibus is mostly hot air, but this time he might mean it!" The hover vehicle begins to zoom away and Caleb breathes a sigh of relief, " Thank you Hans and Humble your protection will be most appreciated. " He wipes his brow and pulls out a military key card. It looks old and has the faded words U.S.S. Enterprise on it. " This key will open the hanger of sorts. I have a base out in a dry area south of here in a small town of Pinebluff... I know it is a little to close to fort El Dorado but..." His voice trails off as a beeping noise comes from the arm rest console in between Hans and the driver Jeff Sundance.

Jeff looks down and lifts the arm rest, " Whaatt The hell!!" Tick-tock goes the fusion block timer...5-4-3...
Mr. Fusion says hello!.jpg

Player Directions: 1 round gentleman what do you do...
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble does not hesitate. This is a military situation and he who hesitates dies first. "Going out" he shouts as he reaches out he grabs the explosive and teleports about 60 foot out the window he is looking through. Crushing the explosive in his hand as he does.
The sudden force as the inertia holding his body still in the air is instantly overcome by the acceleration imparted by gravity is to much for him to understand. But falling is something he has done many times and it usually hurts.
Stubbornness = 15 Holy smokes on a d6
Stubbornness [dice]0[/dice] + Ace [dice]2[/dice] + Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Notice 11
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
  • Ace: [dice]6[/dice]
Result: 11 Success with Raise
S**T! Now I have to grab Humble!
Rolls
How long since last recharge to Armor: [dice]12[/dice] = 30-35 minutes since last Recharge. Starting full PPE.

Turn 1
  • Greater Quickness and Make Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis Gadget)
    • Greater Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro, MAP cancelled by Greater Quickness)
      • Weird Science: [dice]2[/dice]
        Result: 4 - Success. Auto-Raise. +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type (d8), 2 turns per round, at 2 less MaP on each turn, redraw any initiative card of less than 8. 9 PPE
      Make Telekinesis Gadget (+1 due Machine Maestro, MAP cancelled by Greater Quickness)
      • Weird Science: [dice]4[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]5[/dice]
        Result: 21 - Success with Raise(s). Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis Gadget) with 22 PPE
Turn 2
  • Use Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis Gadget) for Greater Telekinesis on Humble and grab Humble, and then TRY to calm down the civilians.
    • Exalted Telekinesis (+2 due Machine Maestro, no MaP due Greater Quickness)
      • Weird Science: [dice]8[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]9[/dice]
        Result: 5 - Success. Telekinesis using a Strength equivalent of d12+3. 10 PPE (20 ->10)
      Persuasion on Caleb and Jeff to calm them down
      • Persuasion: [dice]10[/dice]
        Result: 1 - BOTCH!!!
His fingers furiously flying, Hans zaps himself with his Chrono-Accelerator as he makes himself up a Gravametric Mental Force Redirector to use on Humble to keep him from splattering on the ground far below.

I knew I should have made a Gravametric Mental Force Redirector instead of the Quantum Resonance Translocator.

"I've got you, Humble. I'll pull you up to us."

"Now guys, no need to panic. I have Humble and will be bringing him up into the... S**T!!! What the F**k is that?!?"
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Recap

Panic in the skies of Gloom with a humble Mr. Fusion happy happy go fun time bomb. Its probably not the best blace for such reckless driving as towering buildings corner the hover vehicle.

Jeff Sundance is not cool with a bomb, threat of a bomb, or even any word that starts with a b. To make matters worse Caleb starts yelling directions at him. Fracking back seat drivers!! Panic sprinkled with road rage, baked at 3000 degrees kelvin makes a smash pancake. Jeff just closes his eyes and guns it banking hard left right towards the prestigious Creds and Loans!
Creds and Loan
C and L
C and L
IMG_0407.JPG (28.88 KiB) Viewed 23083 times
OOC Comments
Direction of Vehicle roll a d12 and chose a choice closest( 12 up, 6 down, 3 or 9 nearby building)
[dice]0[/dice]
From the Gloom Children's park down below a couple of kids look up in time to see pretty fire works as Mr. Fusion happy fun time bomb goes off in Humbles hand. In the vehicles Caleb grabs hold of Hans in panic yelling "Do something do something!"
Damage for Humble 42 ap25 MD fusion damage sbt
Damage: [dice]1[/dice] ace [dice]2[/dice] ace [dice]3[/dice]ap25 SBT
Perhaps if Jeff had not been driven into a panic he could have maintained his distance from the buildings areal superstructure: A fantastic post apocalyptic art deco that was until very recently supported by 5 permacret supports. With the supports either blown to bits or weakened beyond saftely limits the gigantic super structure starts to give way possibly falling onto the childrens park below!!
Ben's memorial Children Park
Childrens Park
Childrens Park
Players Direction and Dramatic Task
Welcome to the dramatic task!!
  • It lasts 1 round 5 successes must be acheived otherwise the childrens park gets wasted!
    • Choose any appropriate trait roll modfied by the below factors
  • How many children die?? [dice]4[/dice]
  • Scene modifier is -2.
  • Other complications:
    • Hans must make a successful str check at -4 or be at an additional -2 to the scene( due to the g forces Jeff is putting on him and Caleb accidentally restraining him.
    • Humble maybe at at further minues due to wounds. If I did not already give Humble a benny for being freaking heroic please take one.
  • cooperative Social skills: any "social skill can be made at your total scene modifier" this can add to your dramatic task roll as if a cooperative skill as you are able to motivate either Caleb, Jeff or any other ally (feel free to make it up as you will) to actually help you.
  • Did you have quickness on its non maintained duration:+2 to your final trait roll
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

As humble crushes the explosive between his hands it explodes with incredible force. He tries his best to resist it, calling on the elemental powers that infuse and make up his very beings.
Soak Rolls
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Reroll the disappointing result so I can participate in the dramatic task.
Vigor [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Again...
Vigor [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice] Ace
[dice]6[/dice]

Regeneration 1 Wound
Regeneration roll d12+4, -3 wounds, No armor bonus as it is not active yet.
Vigor [dice]7[/dice]
Wild die [dice]8[/dice]
Current Status
Current Status
Wounds: 2/3
Fatigue: 0/0 (Immune to Fatigue)

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Benny “for being freaking heroic”
    -3 For Soak Roll versus Fusion Block

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Strength Check 6
Strength Check (-4 due Scene)
  • Strength: [dice]0[/dice]
    Result: 6 - Success. Scene penalty is only at -2
Weird Science21
Weird Science at +2 (-2 due Scene, +2 due Greater Quickness)
  • Weird Science: [dice]2[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]4[/dice] (Elan)
      • Ace: [dice]5[/dice]
    Result: 21 - 5 Successes. Hans saves the day single handedly.
    • PPE Spent: [dice]6[/dice]=8
When Caleb grabs hold of Hans, he may have as well grabbed hold of a mountain to try to move it. With a glare at the panicking Mr. Koll, Hans lifts his right arm and points it at Humble.

"Humble, I have a plan. I will jut you down, and then cause you be large enough that you can shelter the park and catch any of the debris that could damage anything or anyone else."

Concentrating on his Band of Power Hans starts channeling power into it. Power, and more power, and yet more power. The Band of Power starts to almost light the area with a soft blue glow before Hans releases it at Humble. One instant Humble is his normal Ogre size. The next, he is almost 200 feet tall, taller than the crumbling Creds and Loan, and easily strong enough to hold it up until help can get here for a longer term fix.

"Jeff, just concentrate on your driving. Humble and I can and will take care of anything else that needs to be taken care of... and Caleb, remove your hand from me while you still have possession of it."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble was surprised to see the fool driver turn the hover craft into a building. What would cause him to do that, how foolish. Then suddenly before his body could even repair the wounds inflicted against him Humble was being hurled towards the falling debris and receiving orders from Hans.
"Humble, I have a plan. I will jut you down, and then cause you be large enough that you can shelter the park and catch any of the debris that could damage anything or anyone else."
Humble understood the orders and immediately set to action, bending over in a guarding stance humble used his back and shoulders to absorb most of the falling debris and his broad hand to protect the residents of Gloom. Seeing the terrified look on the faces of many of the residents Humble smiled and promised. "We will protect you." his voice loud and booming with a bass that filled the void between the buildings.
As the rocks fell Humbles started using his hands to place the parts of the building falling in a safe location. Once the building was stabilized Humble looked at it as the people fled from the building. "Building will need fixed." He advises those who where within ear shot.
From start to finish only a minute could have passed. But Humble felt as if many lives were saved because of Hans's fast thinking. Rejoining his friends Humble smiles and looks down. "Hans is very smart." Then looking around at the gathered crowds Humble nodded knowing they would want to talk to Hans about his saving the people.
Strength 15, 3 successes if needed
Not sure if a roll is still required, but just in case.
Strength d12+3, +3 from armor, -4 from wounds = d12+2
Strength [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

"Simply Legendary!" The words of Diamond Clad ring forth as he procclaims this day to be Hans and Humble day... A day of legendary deeds and of Legendary might. The crowd assembled in the righted Creds and Loan cheers for the two heroes. Babies are offered to be kissed, and fans are throwing themselves at H and H left and right. Caleb and Jeff seem a bit amused and motion to the pair for a quick getaway. Fireworks light up the air as they zoom off in a bomb free hover vehicle, departing Gloom and heading for their prize! Both Hans and Humble feel something has indeed changed.
Legends are born! Roll a 1d12 once
The legendary Journey:
  • 1)Weapon of Legend: The sword makes the man, or weapon rather. Folks will talk about your weapon long after you are dead and gone. Add two major and 2 minor modifications off the tw list or any 4 HJ gear related table to a weapon of your choice that can be used by your character. The character gets a +1 bonus to hit with it.
    2)Bad Ass Family: You mark the first in a great line of heroes. You represent sheer awesomeness and it caries down your bloodline. You and your decendants gain +2 ability pts to spend at character creation(Players can spend it now going beyond attribute limitations).
    3)The myth is true: Legends that live are impressive to be sure, just standing in ones presence can send even the most stout hearted into knee jerking I am not worthy mantra. As an action the character can reveal themselves as a true hero and legend of greatness. This works just like a fear check at -2 using the fright table but more for awe. If they already have fear as a natural ability increase the modifier by 2.
    4) Berserk Button: Your ability to hulk out makes it onto the nightly bard's tale across all the lands. You are a thing of beauty when the rage inside takes control. You gain the Beserk edge and as a free action when first beserking you can use the growth power once and it lasts until the end of your berserk. Use spirit as the casting roll. If you already have the beserk edge increase damage to +4. Roll 1d6+2 and this is your permanent size when beserking.
    5) Arm and a Leg: Few are as hardy as yourself. Your ability to shrug off damage is truly impressive. +1 toughness and Once per session ignore the damage from one attack.
    6) After the end: When the end is neigh for your hero you just keep on ticking. Even when there is nothing left your spirit wills you onward. The amount of wounds it takes to incapacitate your character is equal to your spirit die type. However if at the end of the scene your character has not received immidate healing and he has over 3 wounds he perishes as his physical body can no longer maintain his legendary spirit.
    7) Cursed with awesome: Fate most of the time makes sure you come through in a big way. You can reroll a 1 on the wild die( unless it is a crit fail). Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll.
    8) A fate worse than death: Legends say when you try to take out your hero you best not miss because your hero can give as good as he can get. Missing your hero with an attack is worse because he has the ability redirect it right back at you! Chose, throwing, shooting, spellcasting, or fighting. Your receive the benifits of the counter attack edge with that skill and a range that is appropriate for the one being used against you. If you already have counter attack and you choose fighting a second time gain one more use of the edge per round.
    9) There is no kill like overkill: Indeed the legends of your ferocity in combat will be told long after your blade becomes too heavy to lift and your railgun rusts over. Raise damage is increased by +1d6.
    10) World of Badass: Folks to this day atill talk about what made you a badass. Choose any trait or damage type( ranged, melee, throwing, arcane background) and add +2 to the trait roll or +4 damage. The wild die for that trait or raise damage die increases by 1 die type.
    11) You know what to do: Your even keel and decision making is the stuff lesser mortals dream about. During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace ( stacks with a joker).
    12) Things you were not meant to know: You know what? You know and have seen all that lurks in the dark. You can look the deep dark abyss right in its oily face and laugh as you tear its heart out. You gain +2 vs fear checks and on a successful save act as though you are under the effects of an adrenaline surge.
Caleb obviously feeling better says with an impressed tone, " Wow, is really all I can say. You two really are something else. We are heading to my secret base of sorts, just a short 3 hour trip from Gloom..." His voice trails off a bit. "I am concerned with the attmpt on my, or rather our lives... I had a feeling that this auction would be my last. I am not sure... I up loaded all my personal communicates for this auction into your new ships data base, perhaps with a fresh eye you two could shed some light on it." Caleb talks about this and that for a while as he seems to be a master of small talk. After a few hours of traveling south east he directs Jeff to touch down at a base of a large moutain whose summit is obscured by this clouds. Caleb and Jeff get out and lead the group through a tunnel, clearly of man made origins.

Caleb remarks," Ahh I remember when I stumbled on this beuty, not a soul knows about it." As you exist the tunnel you come to an areid basin with a huge pre-rifts aircraft carrier in the middle. Looking up you see the glooming cloud cover swirling hi overhead. You are in the middle of some kind of giant crater!

Caleb steps out into it waving his hands, " What do you think gentlemen? Your ship is inside the launching bay. Its just us and this pre-rift marvel!"

A keen eye will catch the glint of something shiney at the far end of the basin( 400" away), a Glitter boy(Notice of 4)! A really good eye will notice two more a little bit closer but really well hidden( 250" away)( Notice of 8). Then an eagle eye(12) will notice the red dot on Caleb's chest, but where the red dot is coming from is not immidiatly known!
Player direction:
1) Roll for your legendary status: include a little interlude esque paragraph on how your character sees and comes to terms of his legendary status.
2) Roll notice
3) RP as your character would, but try to keep dice rolling actions to what you could do in one round.
Attachments
IMG_0414.JPG
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Legendary Status
[dice]0[/dice]
  • Bad Ass Family: You mark the first in a great line of heroes. You represent sheer awesomeness and it caries down your bloodline. You and your decendants gain +2 ability pts to spend at character creation(Players can spend it now going beyond attribute limitations).
    • Smarts Increase -> d12+2
    • Vigor Increase -> d10
    It seems all the exposure Hans has had to Temporal and Dimensional Energies in Gloom over the last few months has changed him. It has changed his very genetics giving him, and unknowingly also any future descendants of his more potential than most Dwarves.

It seems Temporal and Dimensional Energies can help build the mind and body, if you get lucky. I just hope any residual energies do not attract any unwanted attention...
    Notice
    Notice: [dice]2[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]3[/dice] (Elan)
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
    • A keen eye will catch the glint of something shiney at the far end of the basin( 400" away), a Glitter boy(Notice of 4)! A really good eye will notice two more a little bit closer but really well hidden( 250" away)( Notice of 8).
    Well, looks like we will need to cross the ground to the hangar as soon as we can. That should protect our charges from the Glitter Boys. Right by those controls that I would guess wound open the hangar doors would probably be the best location, if I can stretch the energy from the Quantum Resonance Translocator to get us that far.

"Humble, If you can handle any immediate threats (like the snipers Hans has not personally noticed), I will try to get these two as close to the Launching Bay as I can."
    Turn 1
    Turn 1: Exalted Quickness and Greater Teleport (If the Greater Quickness succeeds, no Multi-Action Penalty
    • Exalted Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro (In Combat))
        Result: 6 - Success. Auto-Raise. +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type (d8), 2 turns per round, at 2 less MaP on each turn, redraw any initiative card of less than 8. 9 PPE
      Greater Teleport
      • Weird Science: [dice]6[/dice]
        • Ace: [dice]8[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]7[/dice]
        • Ace: [dice]9[/dice]
        Result: 16 - Success with 3 Raises. Teleport up to five others without any Fatigue for a distance of 30" (60 Yards) per 5 PPE Spent. 15 PPE (90") to the Control Panel for the Launching Bay.
    "Sorry to correct you, Caleb, but you are wrong. I can see 3 Glitterboys set up in the distance. Somebody seems to know about it. I will get us to the control panel by the Launching Bay doors, where they will not be able to shoot at us until they set up again. The weakness of those Boom Guns is needing to be set up and dug in to shoot properly."

With that, Hans energizes his Chrono-Accelerator (Quickness Gizmo) and his Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport Gadget), speeding him up and taking him and his passengers to the control panel he can see near the Launching Bay in the blink of an eye.

"Got you to these controls. If you can open them, open them and get us in. If not, I will get us in."

Hans then starts putting together and installing a new power source for his Quantum Resonance Translocator. Once he sees it is properly connected, Hans then slides his hand along the edge of the control panel.

All right, tell me your secrets. Lets see what you are for, if you will open the door if we talk to you correctly.
    Turn 2
    Study the Control Panel, and construct another Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport Gadget)
    • Knowledge - Electronics at +1 due Machine Maestro?!?
      • Knowledge - Electronics: [dice]10[/dice]
        Result: 6 - Success.
      Constructing Teleport Gadget (+1 due Machine Maestro)
      • Weird Science: [dice]12[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]13[/dice]
        Result: 6 - Success. Teleport Gadget with 15 PPE
    Last edited by Hans Greuber on Tue May 01, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 15 times in total.
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Benefits of Life as a Legendary Hero
    [dice]0[/dice]

Growth Level 1d6+2 per GM [dice]5[/dice]

Notice 15, already includes ogre bad eyes -2 and Armor canceling out -2
    Notice d4, +2 with smell, -2 with sight at >5", Armor Cancels out -2 in penalties.
    Notice: [dice]1[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]2[/dice] Ace [dice]3[/dice]
    Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]
    Jon wrote: @Rob, since Humble can see the sniper roost, there are 4 soldiers hidden beneath sand and rocks with gilly suits. One of them has an impressive laser rifle aiming at Caleb. About 120" away.

As the red dot attracts Humbles eye he reacts quickly pointing towards the red dots on the poor mans chest. “Snipers” Humble then moves interposing his own body and looking at the snipers nest pointing at them instead. “I will kill the snipers.”
    Turning his head he sees where they are coming from and hearing Hans’s orders decides those snipers are probably a threat. “I will kill the snipers.” Teleporting as close as he can to them he charges ready to tear them apart.

Closes 30" on the snipers nest
    Mega Teleport 20"
    Spirit [dice]6[/dice]
    Wild Spirit [dice]7[/dice]

Running Distance [dice]8[/dice]
    Current Status
    Current Status

Tongues: 0/3
    Teleport: 1/3

Bennies: 2
    • +3 Quarterly Reset
      -1 Extra Effort to Spot the Laser Point

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Talking to the Computer
    Hello? Hello? Where is my ship? Do you have my ship. Ba... Ba.... Badman took me from my ship, he removed my core. Ba... Ba... Bad man is stealing my star, my joy. Its my hope... I... I am Hope... I... I need help he is taking me away... Taking me away from my home... I can see you with new eyes from inside this home... This home is dangerous, so many things called lasers pointed everywhere. Ba... Ba.... Badman did something to this home and I cannot free its mouth, but I can help you. Ba... Ba... Badman made friend an enemy."
    The Soft sweet voice drifts away from Hans, but he can feel like someone has tampered with the electronic door locks.
    [dice]34477:0[/dice]=+1 to assist with kn computers
    It will take either Lock Picking or Kn Computers to open them, Lock picking will open and kn computers will shut down the security protocols running. The AI hope gives hans a +1 this turn, and decreases the difficulty to a -6 only.
    Caleb and Jeff look at each other after being teleported. Caleb nods to Jeff, " Please Jeff if you could shut down the security systems. We don't need the droids to put holes in our would be saviors and lucrative clients." Jeff pulls out a key pad and punches a code into it. He punches it in again and gives Caleb a worried look. Caleb looks to Hans, and then calls out to Humble, " My big friend, seems like our security droids cannot be shut off. They are quite fierce in Melee combat!!" Caleb ducks a laser blast, " Now it would seem to be a good idea to find some cover... Jeff remind me of whose idea it was to put AIs in control of our security..."

Jeff crouches next to Caleb, " I thought it was you... Plus those boomer droids will take out any cover once they get around the carri---" Jeff's sentence is cut short by a laser blast to the chest and he falls the rest of the way to the ground unconscious but breathing.
    Round 2
    Initiative, Players and allies vs Badguys
    I generally Like to roll all cards and then highest card per group counts for order of initiative. So in the below draw would be badguys, then players( and allies)
    Hans [dice]34477:1[/dice]-3C, [dice]34477:28[/dice]-10H
    Humble [dice]34477:2[/dice]-8H
    Security Droids [dice]34477:3[/dice]level headed [dice]34477:4[/dice]-10H

Players are up, post how ever you like and the action happens as you post. Humble is 90" away from bad guys.

GM benny:2
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Closing 96" Distance to Snipers, 0" remaining, 18 to Grapple the man lifting him up by his legs
    forgot Vigor for original Regeneration
    Vigor [dice]8[/dice] + Ace [dice]10[/dice]
    Wild [dice]9[/dice]

Mega Teleport 90" 3 of 3 teleports
    Spirit [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Spirit [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]3[/dice]

Running Distance [dice]2[/dice]

Fighting -2 MAP, -2 Wounds, +2 Wild attack, Also +2 Surprise and Targets Parry is -2 per GM in hangouts
    Fighting [dice]4[/dice] + Extra effort [dice]6[/dice] + Ace [dice]7[/dice]
    Fighting Wild [dice]5[/dice]

Still following his last orders Humble continues his charge towards the snipers. His focus is absolute as he closes on the men who felt it was acceptable to attack his friends. Humble reaches deep down and feels his body burns like fire as he pushes his ability to teleport landing behind the sniper nest and with a roar reaches down and grabs the grunt by the legs lifting the sniper he landed above from the ground him up to swing like a club.
    Current Status
    Current Status

• +3 Quarterly Reset
      -1 Extra effort to grapple sniper

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Turn 1
    Create Boost/Lower Trait Gadget (Group Mind Re-Integrator) and Use Band of Healing to Heal Jeff
    • Create Boost/Lower Trait Gadget (+1 due Machine Maestro)
      • Weird Science: [dice]0[/dice]
        Result: 12 - Boost/Lower Trait Gadget with 20 PPE
      Use Band of Healing for Healing on Jeff (+2 due Machine Maestro, Unknown Wound Penalty)
      • Weird Science [dice]2[/dice]
        Result: 16 - Success with Raise(s). If Jeff is an Extra, he is fully healed, otherwise 2 Wounds healed. 3 PPE.
    Turn 2
    Cast Greater Boost Trait (Knowledge Computers) and Use Knowledge Computers to hack into the control panel.
    • Use Boost/Lower Trait Gadget for Greater Boost to Knowledge Computers (+2 due Machine Maestro)
        Result: 9 - 4 Dice Increase to Knowledge Computers (d6 -> d12+1). 4 PPE.
      Hack Control Panel at -5 (-6 due Difficulty, +1 due Assist)
      • Knowledge: [dice]7[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]8[/dice]
        • Ace: [dice]10[/dice]
        Result: 7 - Success
    Golden Age technology... should be easy enough with the knowledge of the right alternate self.

With a quick look over at Jeff to see if he is still with them, Hans uses his Chrono-Accelerated perception of time to pump some energy through his Band of Healing for Jeff, then to build and use his Group Mind Re-Integrator to draw upon the hacking knowledge of one of his alternate selves.

Now I know exactly what I need to do to access this control panel.

With a few key strokes and the right tap at the bottom of the control panel, Hans has it thinking that he is an authorized user.

"Computer, myself and my 3 companions are now your allies. Deactivate all security protocols and open the hangar door."
    Ignore
    Extra Effort: [dice]9[/dice] (Elan)

Ignore. Rolled before noticed Ace on Wild Die
    Last edited by Hans Greuber on Wed May 02, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Map
    08F9A67A-6C4E-454E-BF80-23BE317FDA05.jpeg
    As the huge doors open wide, a voice inside Hans head yells, ” Badguy in metal armor firing explosion!!” It’s the voice that had spoken to him before thru the control panel. The warning gives Hans, Caleb, and even spry Jeff enough time to try to roll out of the way as a cone of super melting acid comes spraying through the now open doorway. The thing that shot it at you is a slim buxom looking suit of light power armor: a glitter girl. Like most GGs it does not have a boom gun. In fact it does not have much weaponry except for a tricked out Spray nozzle and a thunder hammer strapped to its back. Hans instantly recognizes the hammer: his dads. The voice on its PA sounds male, scratching and worn. ” Haha! The name is Ace Hans! Yuba remembered it well, cuz your daddy did!!” The heavily armored glitter girl niggles as it shakes with laughter. ”Da comp mainframe is honky, but I gotta it strapped to the core... haha, 1 minute and youda cred stick will be crying cuz it’s all rigged to blow. Da Boss doesn’t was you deed Hans, he was you crying. I gotta something here your godly armor will not like a bit.
    HANS, 42AP5 MD, agility-2 to avoid completly
    Mega Acid Burst with armor corrosion, 2 major mod for -2 agility.
    Caleb dives to one side of the huge doorway, Jeff on the other hand a normally spry warrior trips and gets an acid shower. His bones are nice and clean now.
    Humble, your foes are no longer moving even most of the glitter boys are no longer moving, it seems like someone turned them off. Except for the one to the north, he is running about 680ft(130”) away towards an incoming fast attack hover jet pulling through the covering clouds the crater shaped mountain. The craft has faint scratched over CS style markings on it. Piloting roll 1d12+6 -4= [dice]0[/dice] It comes to a full stop right over the glitter boy.
    The glitterboy yells using his PA over the roar, ” Big guy I am not going to even try to convince you to betray Hans. But know this... He killed my father and I will see his soul crushed and then kill him... The Hammers were family we had people, cities even, depending on us. After Hans ended the Hammers I went to each of those cities, ten in total and each city gave me a badass to help me seek vengeance. My bro Ace is just the first, each one is more badass than the next. Twinky Toes Tommy, 2 Dice express, Captain Blood, Commander Cack, Slap and Slam... You are going to love them, plus more. We aim to hurt Hans and make him bleed... That’s why I sent the Queen of Promise and Ace out to his little home town. That’s why Ace is blowing up what he
    purchased... That is why we will never stop!”
    He grips the hover jet’s specially modified side rails as it pops smoke and takes off... The the thick black smoke completely obscures the area and the wine of two hover cycles shoot through it gunning for Humble. As the two skycycles come barrelling down on Humbles position the two yell out ” Hammers for Life!”A flurry of mini-missiles pop off at Humble. Perhaps the pilot on the left should have paid more attention to the watch tower as he clips it and goes spinning out of control 50” away. But the cycle on the right scores two possible hits.
    1st minimissile 35ap6md, 3rd missile 32ap6md, agility roll per missile is free, success ignores damage

1) Resolve any saokings or agility rolls
    2) Makes a quick combat roll to resolve this combat, penalty is 0
    • OOC Comments
      Welcome to Quick combat
      Scene Modifier: 0.
      Quick combat rules: Make your one roll to interact with the scene minus the above modifier ( If it is casting bolt, you roll spell casting... Damage is not needed. If shooting your weapon just roll shooting with the any applicable modifiers including the scene modifier above ). This roll needs to be some kind of combat related skill or action.

Generally only 1 success is really needed for a group success, but 5 or more successes will give a more favorable outcome to the next scene.

There is no initiative order, just make your post and use your roll to narrate how well you do. Try to leave something for everyone :D
      • a crit failure means you have received 1d3 wounds, and were not able to help the group succeed. Perhaps though, your defeat was epic.
      • failure you received 1 wound. You might have had some impact but you also were wounded in the process. 3d6 ammo or power points spent.
      • success, You did a good Job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. 2d6 ammo or power points spent.
      • Success with raise(8), Wow! Did you write the book on how to be a legend? Bards will be singing songs for years to come about what you did this day. You certainly shined during this combat. 1d6 ammo or power points spent.
    3) +1 benny for GM deleted dice rolls.
    Ok Good Luck!
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Agility Roll 12
    Agility at -2 due Difficulty
    • Agility: [dice]0[/dice]
      • Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
        • Re-Ace: [dice]3[/dice]
      Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises. No damage.
    Quick Combat 16
    Weird Science (+2 due Machine Maestro)
      • Extra Effort: [dice]6[/dice] (Elan)
      Result: 16 - Success with 3 Raises. PPE Spent: [dice]7[/dice]
    With the warning the voice inside his head gave him, Hans has plenty of time to roll to the side and draw Dreamtime to send Ace into a deep, deep slumber. Moving back to the control panel, Hans then reactivates the ship's defenders, but sending them after Humble's playmate to assist him.

"Sorry about Jeff, Caleb. We need to get to the ship ASAP, to see if I can disable whatever bomb Ace put on it. Ace will be asleep for a while here, until I let him wake up."

"Humble, I have reactivated the defenders that attacked us first, but now they should be going after your dance partner out there and leaving you alone."

Grabbing up his father's Thunder Hammer and the acid shooting nozzle that Ace was using and slinging them over his shoulder, Hans quickly makes his way deeper into the hangar, looking for the ship.

Ace, when I let you wake up, we will have a little talk about how exactly you got your hands on this hammer...
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Agility Rolls = 7 & 11 Both Pass
    Agility [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] + Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice]

Agility [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]3[/dice] + Ace [dice]6[/dice]

Regeneration = 15, 2 Wounds recovered
    Vigor d12+2, +2 Armor, +2 Healer, -2 Wounds
    Vigor [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild [dice]5[/dice]

Relentless Warrior 17 = 4 Successes
    Fighting for Dramatic Task
    Fighting [dice]8[/dice] + Ace [dice]10[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]

The robots he was fighting suddenly fall limp in his hand when Humble sees another opponent coming in. Then over his radio he hears Hans.
    Hans wrote: "Humble, I have reactivated the defenders that attacked us first, but now they should be going after your dance partner out there and leaving you alone."[/b]
    Thinking to warn his friend of what is going on, but the details more than he can communicate while upset Humble looks at the mouthy shiny robot and sends a message to Hans. “Shiny armor say Queen of Promise and Ace kill your home and fight in shuttle.” Then to himself he mumbles. “Humble kill shiny man.”
    Without hesitation he begins closing the distance towards the glitter boy. The combinations, of running, jumping and teleporting taking him the full distance in a zigzag of cover in less than 20 seconds Humble is behind the glitter boy, ripping it off of the ground the pylons still gripping chunks of concrete.
    Smashing the shiny robot into the ground several times before using his hammer to break open the chest plate and make sure the guy inside is dead. Humble breathes heavily. When it is all said and done less than a minute passes, and Humble finds he has no opponents left to fight.
    But looking around Humble cannot tell where his friends are. Over the radio he asks. “Hans where are you. Humble is on rusted ship.”

Current Status
    Current Status

• +3 Quarterly Reset
      +1 GM deleted rolls
      -1 Extra Effort to Avoid Missiles

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Shiny suit of GB armor
    No one is inside it
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Opening the shiny robot and seeing it was being driven by another robot Humble was disappointed and annoyed. “Stupid robot, robots.” He hated this thing, it was like those little eggs that he always broke when messing with. Thinking maybe Hans would know what to do with the thing, Humble dragged it with him to the top of the ship while he waited for Hans.

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Notice 5
    Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
    Result: 5
    Humble wrote:“Hans where are you. Humble is on rusted ship.”
    "We are in the hangar... look for the LARGE open door. There is another one of them... in a Glittergirl suit asleep due to my powers, and will be for as long as I need her to be. Once I finish checking on the ship, I will deal with her. I want to talk to him about a few things... like who was involved and what exactly they did to my family and my clan."
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble gets up and starts heading towards the stairs down to the hanger. Dragging the shiny robot with him until he finds Hans.

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hans’ Dad Thunder Hammer
    Damn that sucker is heavy!]
    Damage: Str+2d10+4 (+3d8)
    Really Bigbore Shells: Free Push, and 3d8 damage on impact. On a raise the impact of bigbore’s are 3d10 and raise damage in general is 1d10. The Shells take a streetwise check to find at -2, and are 1000 a pop. It houses 8 strikes.
    Str Min: is 1d12+4
    Weight: 40 lbs
    This is a fully tricked out legendary super tech device, use 147,000 credits as the base for repairs.
    1962FE76-6C15-4F8B-9096-9DF20FA2E2D0.jpeg
    The door into the ship reveals a large bay of sorts, equipment of all manner stored maticoulusly, and bright lights are everywhere revealing a tremendous storehouse.

Caleb Koll, the world’s foremost expert, on finding the precious and unique, looks shocked at Jeff’s white bones and then at the slumbering Killer. Almost detached Caleb whispers to Hans, ” The Ship is in the hanger, passcode 3113. I’ll be there in a bit.” He starts gathering some wires, and pulls out a large battery from a crate as well as other items.
    Patron items
    This is a good of place as any to find these items.
    The Hanger has one ship in it, a thing of beauty and black as the night sky. Next to it appears to be some kind of glowing crystal matrix, and a fusion block. The leads of the fusion block were hastily strewn into an illconcevied timer. Maybe it would have blown this place sky high except the timer was never even activated. Really it would seem Ace might be many things but a demolitions expert is not one of them.

The yellow cystiline crystal matrix seems to be calling to Hans, its almost as if he can hear it inside his head.
    Attachments
    4D653A8E-FBDA-432E-AB0E-DF689A187197.jpeg
    0C30F756-9A46-4116-8E5B-DE8D2707CF0F.jpeg
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"Well, you helped me escape Ace's ambush. From what I gather, you would be the Artificial Intelligence for the ship that Caleb told me about. Guide me, if possible, on how I am supposed to install you back in your ship, and then we can discuss terms for you and your ship helping us. Even if you cannot guide me, I am still one of the few mechanics in the area who can put you together without a instruction manual."

"My name is Hans Greuber, and the Bad Men seem to have attacked my family, my Clan. I would like your help, but first we have to put you back together. Ace, the Bad Guy in Metal Armor, is asleep until I let him wake up. I can hold him like that long enough for me to put you together, then we can deal with him and find out what he knows. After we are done with him, we can drop him off with the Tomorrow Legion or some nearby government. As a friend of the Hammers, I am sure he has done things that the Legion and the governments will want to talk to him about."

"Humble, I am putting a part back in the ship. Drag Ace, the one in the Shiny Armor that is near the hanger entrance, over to me by the ship. Once I am done here, I will open the suit, get him out, and we can have a little talk to him about where he got the Hammer, and how he got it."
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Following the directions given to him by Hans Humble starts heading down. After poking around a bit he finds a way into the hanger and see The Jewel finder torturing Ace. "Hans wants that one. You can finish when Hans done" He says as he walks over and starts dragging the poor tortured thing and his armor. with two giant suits of armor Humble finds he has to adjust his grip several times but cannot get it right. Looking around he finds a tactical mount usually installed on heavy armors, equips with pintle quick releases and puts it on. This allow him to better situate the armors by hooking the legs to on of the pintles and the hammer to another.
    "You coming with us?" humble asks the jewel finder, he seemed like a nice guy and there is no reason to leave him alone in the desert.

Surprised at the small size of the ship still being able to accommodate him Humble climbs up and looks around. Nice place, he wonders how long they will keep it. Catching up to Hans Humble asks the most important question he could think of. "Is hammer for Humble?" After all his small friend is in no need.

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Crystaline Matrix
    Hans... Hans... I was taken from my home. Its in the central core of the black beautiful ship. I am afraid, I can... Errrgghhh. I CAN FEEL MY SELF BREAKING. I must get back to my home... It comforts me and lets me exist... Erghhhh I CANNOT EXIST OUT HERE HANS. It takes great strength to put me back... I will help you, if you help me.
    Two large cranes tower over the ship with powerful articulated drivers ment to apply a tremendous amount of pressure. Caleb follows Humble into the Hanger where Hans is. He has a verity of lug wrenches and electrifying prods in his hands. Murder is in his eyes. ” You will drop that glitter girl now!” His cuff links come alive glowing red and it is as if the very air is sucked out of the hanger! The atmosphere seems to be almost non-existent but Caleb seems unfazed by the dramatic change of enviorment and yells( violating all sorts of natural laws) at Hans and Humble, ” He killed my friend and now this Ace will pay in kind.” Caleb walks with pupose to the man gripped by humble. Still uneffected by the absence of air his voice booms angrily that vengence was taken from him, ” Take the ship, this man will pay with his life!!” Near Hans the yellow crystal starts to crack and degrade. A few small critters burst due to the decompession.

Players, two things are going on here. Resolve in order...
    1) lack of air and atmosphere: Make a vigor roll, fail and suffer a wound as your body starts to decompress
    2) The crystaline matrix is failing and needs to be fixed, smarts check -2 to find the core in time, strength check at -2 to insert it into place. One character can do one thing. The difficulty assumes the increadable nature of the players.
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Vigor 21
    Vigor check d12+4
    Vigor [dice]1[/dice]
    Vigor Wild [dice]0[/dice] + Ace [dice]2[/dice] + Ace [dice]3[/dice]
    Humble looks at Caleb confused why he is so upset. He will be allowed to kill the glitter armor after Hans questions it. He tries to ask why Caleb is so upset but the sound dies as soon as it reaches the edge of his armor. Looking at Hans Humble shrugs not sure what do do he asks over the radio. his normal booming baritone controlled by the radio to a normal volume. "He wants the shining man? What you want Humble do?"
    Looking back and forth Humble is not sure if Caleb is going to be an ally or enemy, but he seemed like he could have been a good ally. He would be sad to have to kill this one, he was nice.

Current Status
    Current Status

• +3 Quarterly Reset
      +1 GM deleted rolls

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Vigor 8
    Vigor: [dice]0[/dice]
    Smarts 8
    Smarts (-2 due Scene, so d12+2-> d12)
    • Smarts: [dice]2[/dice]
    "Caleb, Ace may know something about my family. If possible, please keep him alive enough to answer some questions. If not, can we at least have his set of armor?"

"Humble, let Caleb have Ace. We have important work to do. I will need your help maneuvering the computer core into place so I can install it before it degrades any more. As for the Hammer, it was... IS my father's. If we cannot get information out of Ace, then we will need to head back to my home village and see what has befallen my family and my clan. From what I have heard from Ace so far, they will probably be needing our help. Once we get to the village, we can decide what to do with the Hammer, preferable my Father being able to make the decision about his own hammer."

With that, Hans leads Humble down into the Ship so Hope can be reinstalled into the ship.
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Apparently not noticing the missing atmosphere Humble strains to follow all of what Hans is saying. Wow, that was a whole lot of talking, but the big picture was he wanted Caleb to have the glitter girl Ace and for Humble to bring the hammer and come help him. Humble drops ace on the ground and walks into the shuttle after Hans ready to lend a hand. "What you want done?" He asks as Hans starts giving him instruction on what to do and how it needs to be done. Humble gets to work.
    Strength 11
    Strength d12+4, +2 from armor, -2 for Scene
    Strength [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
    Current Status
    Current Status

• +3 Quarterly Reset
      +1 GM deleted rolls

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

+1 Benny for awesome role play and successes
    Spoon Fed Video Recap
    Aboard the ship it’s halls are gleaming silver and black (Surprisingly plenty big for Humble). Deep red lines mark the walls and its slick grey deck plates and give the intrepid adventurers a feeling that the craft is a badass. A heavy siren wails wanting its canary cyristal matrix back in the main engineering secition. Just in time by a few precious minutes the heroes find their way through the unfamiliar ship and make it to the housing for the crystaline inteligence. Its there the heroes see the true problem, how could anyone alone fix the crystal into the house. It would surely take the might of two heavy cranes working inconjunction to set the crystal just right. Fortunately the Legends of the Black company are no mere heroes: They have a Humble and Humble has a giant hammer.

With the Crystal in place the sirens halt their deafening noise and a soft female voice comes over the ships PA system, ”Ahh much better... Thank you Hans and Humble, we will have a great partnership. I am called a Helo Organic Positronic Entity, Caleb always called me Hope.” The voice goes silient for a second, ” Sorry, my lateral sensors are reading Caleb and a glittergirl power armor being electrecuted... Processing... I have detected a surge in the Glittergirls power core that was triggered remotly... It’s nuclear reactor is going critical and the radiation has already interfered with my sensors. I have initiated the emergency take off procedures. I advise we leave immediately.” The ship rumbles feircely as both its engines and the above hanger doors start to open. Loud clanking noises and thuds come from above on the ships exterior.

The ships voice provides some excelent illumination” Hans and Humble, I believe debris from the hanger exterior is falling on to us, I have enough armor to withstand most blows, but if something large were to fall on me we would be unable to escape. I also need immaculate calculations of direction inputed into my guidance control as I am flying blind.” Two ceiling lights shine on the two areas the ship has designated. One at the aft of the crew compartment, it is a lift to the top of the ship where the hero will find he needs his strength to cast aside dangerous falling debree, rock, wires, and scaffolding. The other point of interest is a control panel next to the pilots seat. It has a complex series of numerical input that act as way points in 3-dimentional space. While not actually piloting the ship it would let someone give valuable input on where to head and any micro adjustments that might need to be made. Interestly the actual pilot’s seat seems to be canabalized and fairly inoperable which is not too surprising given that an A.I. is the pilot.

There is another tremendous rocking of the ship and the ship’s voice comes on trying to reassure the heroes, ” That was the secondary thermal core of the glitter girl suit going off, we have but moments. To your stations gentlemen, do not worry Hope is with you!” Indeed as Humble and Hans take their stations a small nuclearblast explodes near the agile craft. It is do or die time for the intrepid heroes!

Note: No sign of the Jewel Finder
    Dramatic Task at -4, use either Smarts or Strength accordingly. 5 Successes or Kabooom!!
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Strength 8, two successes
    Strength d12+4, +2 from armor, -4 for Scene
    Strength [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Benny to reroll
    Strength [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Benny to reroll
    Strength [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]

As the building starts collapsing large chunks of debris begin falling everywhere.
    Not knowing how he can beat help Humble looks to Hans for guidance. But nothing came.
    Deciding the best thing he could do was help break up the stone Humble went above the ship. Dressing his hammer Humble called on the power of his belt and grew larger than the ship itself, bearing aside the giant stones and sheets of metal he cleared the path. Each stone falling on him hardly able to do more than break a bone or two.
    Once the area immediately around the ship was clear Humble jumped up, grabbing the ship just as the power faded from him. Returning to his normal much smaller form he climbed into the ship barely in turn as it started maneuvering in ways he found difficult to follow.

Current Status
    Current Status

• +3 Quarterly Reset
      +1 GM deleted rolls
      +1 RP Bonus from The Jewel Finder
      -1 Reroll to help the shuttle escape
      -1 Reroll again to help the shuttle escape

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Smarts 13 - 3 Successes
    Smarts (-4 due Scene, +2 due Machine Maestro; total is d12)
    Smarts: [dice]0[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice] (Elan)
    Result: 13 - Success with 2 Raises.
    With his hand on the control panel beside the pilot's seat to help him read the ship, Hans quickly works out what is needed.

"Hope, between and during each of the burns, maintain an altitude of 3 feet above the hangar floor. Do a 1.23 second burn at 50 percent power at your current heading, then do a rate 1 turn 34.5 degrees to your right and do a 1.54 second burn at full power once established on the new heading. After that, drift for 2.74 seconds as you turn left 31.8 degrees before a 2.34 second burn at 75 percent power. After the third burn is finished, pitch up 13.5 degrees and turn left 54.2 degrees during another 3.26 second pause, then punch it at full power, and that will bring us out of the hangar and up into the sky. I should be able to look at the sensors at that time and see what will need to be done."
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Video Recap
    Being a computer genius, and a tough badass must be hard and yet Hans and Humble do it so easy. Although this time their awesome legendary actions are done to the horrid fanfare of a nuclear explotion going off in close proximity. Most folks out in the world just assume this is what happens when the two legends of the Black beat you. But duo of legends know otherwise...

A nuclear explosion rocks the Black Beauty but thanks to Hans and Humble’s actions she makes it... Just barely. The mountain crater is a smoldering hole, fire and smoke rain down. But Caleb Koll, A.K.A. Jewel Finder sadly does not make it, or rather the thing contained in him the mysterious Black Demon Cat emerges forth. Legends speak of this terrible alien intelligence rumored to be contained within the soul of one being... Prophecies speak of the ill favored turn of events should it roam free. It stands 20 feet tall its tail whips arround cutting rock as if it were butter. A dark glow about it makes it hard to even look at.
    Benny Opportunity
    +1 benny for a short paragraph about something you have heard about the fearsome foe: The Black Demon Cat
    It roars and looks across the destruction its rebirth wrought, far on the horizon gleam the shinning towers of the favored city of Gloom. The Cat roars at the black beauty craft.

Hope’s sensors come back on line and she issues a warning, ” Hans and Humble, my sensors are detecting a level 4 extra dimentional threat... Processing... Processing... All data suggests we must put an end to it. Hans I can bring the co-pilot seat up to the exterior of the-craft if you so desire. From what I understand about magic you will have a hard time affecting a creature like that through the sealed enviorment of this black beauty.”

Hellish beams of energy erupt from the creatures eyes narrowily missing Black Beauty. The craft is rocking back and forth making it hard for the creature to target it, but also making any kind of physical skill a bit harder to execute.
    ” Hans and Humble we are under attack, what are your orders?” After Hope’s voice dies down a cold sense of supernatural dread floods through the ship possibly to your very soul!
    A324024B-4763-4865-B4ED-BFAA404054EF.jpeg

Player directions:
    1) Time to go to work Gentleman. You got a demon to stop, or let roam loose!
    Initiative: Players (Fear check -2), Hope, Black Cat demon
    Hans: [dice]0[/dice] 10D
    Humble: [dice]1[/dice] 8H
    Hope: [dice]2[/dice]
    Black Demon Cat: [dice]3[/dice] Reroll [dice]4[/dice]
    Players are up, and are 50” in the air from the Demon
    Black Cat Demon: Parry: 15; Toughness: 42 (23), Large: +2 to to attack it, Size 6 20ft tall.

Rules Note: All Players are subject to the below. This is also known as the TW worst nightmare, For rift purposes, if the TW needs to ready the item like a wand that would constitute a fine physical skill, or perhaps they want to cobble together a new device on the spot, yup fine physical skill.
    ► Unstable Platform: Any character on an unstable platform, including a moving vehicle, suffers a –2 penalty to any “fine” physical skills such as Fighting and Shooting. This applies to characters who are firing vehicular weapons as well. Note that the Steady Hands Edge eliminates this penalty.
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble sees the monster coming out of the explosion and looks to Hans. "Want me to slow demon so Hans can go?"
    OOC Comments
    @Hans, so are we attacking or running?
    If attacking I will let you go first so I can get Quickness.
    If running I will let you go first because I cannot pilot.

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Fear 14
    Vigor instead of Spirit due being Dwarf
    • Vigor: [dice]0[/dice]
      • Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice] (Elan)
        • Ace: [dice]3[/dice]
          • Re-Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
    Result: 14 - Success with 2 Raises
    Even a Greater Demon was not something that would phase Hans. This was not even the first time Hans had heard of a Black Demon Cat. According to his studies, they were trouble makers and tricksters. Thing is, they did not discriminate. They were also known for also messing with their fellow Demons, and one of the reasons that they disguised themselves as animals, or even humans was to muddy their trail that other Demons would use to follow them. They were even said to have a talent for disguising their nature even more powerful than that of most Greater Demons, and some were also supposed to be able to dissolve into the air or ground and reappear elsewhere.
    Turn 1
    Exalted Quickness on Self, go out of the Ship and activate his Wings of Icarus
    • Weird Science for Exalted Quickness (-2 due Unsteady Platform)
        Result: 9 - Success with Raise. -2 MaP, 2 Turns per round, Minimum 8 on Init. Draw, +2 Pace, +1 Agility Die. 9 PPE.
      Action to go out of Hope
      Free Action for Piloting the Wings of Icarus (-2 Difficulty, +2 due Machine Maestro, +1 Handling, +2 TW Bonuses)
      • Piloting: [dice]15[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]16[/dice]
        Result: 10 - Success with Raise. No Unstable Platform Penalty. 1 PPE per Hour to Activate. (9/10 left)
    Turn 2
    Quickness on Humble, Greater Armor via H-1 Armor, and draw Dreamtime
    • Quickness on Humble (No -2 due Unsteady Platform)
      • Weird Science: [dice]8[/dice]+2
        Wild: [dice]9[/dice]+2
        • Ace: [dice]10[/dice]+2
        Result: 10 - Success with Raise. 2 Turns per round, Minimum 8 on Init. Draw, +2 Pace, +1 Agility Die. 5 PPE.
      Greater Armor (No -2 due Unsteady Platform)
      • Weird Science: [dice]11[/dice]+2
        Wild: [dice]12[/dice]+2
        Result: 4 - +5 MDC Armor. 6 PPE.
      Action to Draw Dreamtime
    "Hope, once we are clear, retreat to a safe distance. Your weapons are not strong enough to scratch this thing, and you will only get hurt. Humble, I will Chrono-Accelerate you... make that I will make you move faster, and then you can go after the Demon. You can even BORROW... I repeat BORROW my Father's Hammer to take it down."

With that, Hans goes to work. Firing up his Wings of Icarus, Hans makes his way out of Hope and takes to the skies while he uses his Chrono-Accelerator on himself. Flying over to Humble, Hans also uses his Chrono-Accelerator on Humble, making time slow down for the Ogre. Powering up the Structural Integrity Field of his armor, Hans draws Dreamtime.

"Humble, you are all ready. Go and get it! I will see what I can do. I am starting to run out of magical energy, but I have a plan."

With that, Hans flies back away from the Demon so see how he can best support Humble in the fight.

Ignore
    [dice]13[/dice][dice]14[/dice]
    Last edited by Hans Greuber on Mon May 28, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Demon Black Cat? Humble recognized that demon. But he hd never heard of it inhabiting a humanoid. The fearsome demon has been known as a trouble maker on many worlds. Having traveled usually in the form of an animal or other noticeable being. And using its powers to stir up trouble.

Frequently it was said to work simultaneously on both sides of a conflict ensuing mischief without care as long as the chaos was increased. Humbles own background as a seed of conflict had many times brough him in contacts with this particular sower of chaos. Their powers such that the demon always fed readily on the chaos of battle, and Humbles powers such that his own power would grow from the conflicts created as a side effect of the mischief the black cat would cause.

Humble remembered the last time he fought the demon. It was able to beat him down while simultaneously ignoring the shots of the many worlders who tried to fight him off. Humble knew he could not defeat the Cat Demon, but he could distract it and slow it down. Hopefully long enough for Hans to defeat it, or perhaps for Hans to escape.
    The Black Demon's last form
    cat_oni_by_artpox.jpg

Turn 01
    Once he receives the orders from Hans and trades hammers, Humble waste no time in jumping to action. Taking a running jump from the vehicle he lets himself fall most of the way before focusing on the ground bellow, concentrating on his Tattoos and the powers they bestow he prepares to teleport himself. However unaware of the speed of the fall Humble crunches into the ground falling the full distance!

His mind was scrambled as he was unable to concentrate clearly enough to teleport to the demon.
    Fall to Bone Crushing Pain
    Agility to time TP before hitting the ground. This will allow gravity's free movement to absorb some of the distance that TP cannot.
    Agility [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild [dice]1[/dice]
    Falling Damage [dice]6[/dice] Ace [dice]7[/dice]
    6 WOUNDS

Soak Roll
    Vigor [dice]8[/dice]
    Wild [dice]9[/dice] + Ace [dice]10[/dice] + Ace of Ace [dice]11[/dice]

OOC Comments
    Teleport = Never happened was knocked out
    Spirit [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild [dice]3[/dice]
    TURN 02
    Benny to Unshake

Groaning as he is temporarily knocked unconscious from the foolish mistake Humble's body kicks in and starts trying to get him back into fighting shape, his legendary powers kick in making him even more ready for combat as his size doubles. Getting up from the pit he had fallen in Humble charges towards the demon calling on even more power growing even further until he was half again taller than the demon he faught.
    Growth to Size 9
    Legendary power made me grow to Size 6, using Belt to grow +3 more
    Belt has 20 PPE, Humble uses 9 to grow +6 total Size, Toughness and Strength.
    Spirit [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild [dice]5[/dice]
    Current Status
    Current Status
    Toughness: 28 (8) +6 From Growth
    Wounds: 1/3 (Took 1 from fall)

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
    Quickness

Bennies: 1
    • +3 Quarterly Reset
      +1 GM deleted rolls
      -1 To Soak falling 50" from the sky
      -1 to become unshaken in same turn as fall
      +1 History of The Demon Black Cat

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

OOOOO, that has got to hurt even Humble. I hope the Demon will go after him instead of me. I am a LOT more squishy than he is.
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
    Fear -2 [dice]3[/dice] wild [dice]4[/dice]
    Kn arcana [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] ace [dice]2[/dice]: yes it is a demon.
    Celestial Power Core: Greater Smite to the light laser: [dice]5[/dice] wild [dice]6[/dice] ef [dice]7[/dice]
    Shooting headshot, -4 and +2 ignore 2 pts of negatives due to sensor suite [dice]8[/dice] wild [dice]9[/dice]
    Hope’s sesors return after the nuclear blast dissipates some what. She angles the ship to help her new comrades and opens a small rift in her power core to the celestial domain allowing positive energy to flow directly into her laser.

But the heat vapors buffet the ship at the last moment throwing the aim off and the shot bores into a rock nearby.
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spood fed video recap

COMMON KNOWLEDGE WHO IS HUMBLE!!: [dice]0[/dice] WILD [dice]1[/dice]

The air thickens and smoke billows, the ravages of the nuclearblast make both heroes, but especially humble hot and uncomfortable. The black cat demon kicks a peice of Humble’s mighty armor laughing a cruel laugh as humble approaches gowing ever taller.

” What was that avatar of the acended? A fall from grace? Or did you just miss hitting me? Your armor in tatters, I wonder if your will is so broken, oh what is that are you actually beserking? Hahaha, Yes, Yes, I remember you... But do you remember you?” The demon laughs as if it is listening to an inside joke. It pounces towards Humble who is now larger than it raking the Giant Ogre with its enchanted metalic firey demonic claws. Then as if an after thought launches a meteor-like eldritch blast that has been rolled in 1000 vibro knives up at Humble that quite possibly feels like being jostled, bumped and brused.
    Humble, 1 claw hit for 30MD AP 16, Hans one onslaught hit 28MD AP5 and you need to make an agility roll or take a level of fatigue
    Improved Frenzy vs Humble (MAP, +4) , [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] wild [dice]4[/dice]
    Damage 1 on humble, no raise: [dice]8[/dice] AP16
    Damage 2 on humble, no raise: [dice]9[/dice] AP16 Benny to Reroll [dice]11[/dice] AP 16
    Spell casting vs Hans -4 for Range...[dice]5[/dice] wild [dice]6[/dice] Ace [dice]7[/dice]
    Damage against hans [dice]10[/dice] AP5 Benny to Reroll! [dice]12[/dice]AP5 Ace [dice]13[/dice]
    The black demon cat sniffs arround sort of surprised there are not more “heroes” to take him on. He roars laughing ” What only the two of you... Tell you what walk away, and I will lead this world into a conflict untold... A war is brewing in the megaverse, a war we can help start!”

———————————End of Round 1————————————————
    Initiative, Heroes, Hope, Demon
    Hans: [dice]14[/dice]: 10s
    Humble: [dice]15[/dice]: QC
    Hope: [dice]16[/dice]:
    Demon Cat: [dice]17[/dice]
    Below Hans and at Humble’s feet is a blazing inferno that truly you would need to be a demon to not feel. Hans and Humble, your enviormental controls are going off left and right with radiation warning after radiation warning. This close to the epicenter is not going to be good on your life expectancy, but at least you are not a few feet from where it occurred ( unless you are humble). The bright side is that the demon seems far too comfortable and seems to just be toying with the heroes as a cat might be want too. Fortunately this is giving the heroes a glimmer of hope and time to do something dramatic.
    • Hans, Vigor roll or you take a wound from the sheer severity of the radiation as it is currently overwhelming your enviromental controls ( you are getting the roll because you are wearing sealed armor, no armor you sould have just taken a wound)
    • Humble, Vigor -4 or you take a wound from the sheer severity of radiation, also roll TD for your armor ( terminal velocity is not going to be good for anything that hits the ground). This -4 accounts for the fact your armor is mostly intact and still sealed, if it is not enviormental take a wound without even rolling.
    Player Directions
    Step 1: ( still round 1) resolve the damage from the Demon Cat’s attacks
    Step 2: Make your vigor rolls against severe radiation
    Step 3: It is your turn, then Hop, and then the Demon again.
    Attachments
    1FC6D65D-B2B7-4640-A371-E4408498DFB7.jpeg
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Technical Difficulty
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Toughness from Armor suffers a glitch, and the bonus provided is reduced by 1.
    Effective toughness is 25 when he takes damage so 1 wound and shaken
    Vigor to Resist Radiation 7 Raise
    Vigor d12+2, Armor +2, forgot Wound -1
    Vigor [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild [dice]3[/dice]
    Vigor to Regenerate 15 for 2 Wounds healed
    Vigor d12+2, Armor +2, Fast Healer +2, wound -1
    Vigor [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild [dice]5[/dice]
    Vigor to recover from Shake 15, unshakes
    Vigor d12+2, Armor +2
    Vigor [dice]6[/dice]
    Wild [dice]7[/dice]
    Humble is still stumbling a little from the blow when the demon starts his speech. the blows further damaging his body as his healing fights to keep him from dying. Shaking his head clear Humble growls at the demon. "You will not!" then lifting the hammer high Humble puts everything he has into a mighty blow.
    Fighting 22 for 37 Damage
    Fighting d12, Berserk +2 to hit +2 Damage, Wild attack +2 to hit +2 damage total d12+4
    Fighting [dice]8[/dice]
    Wild [dice]9[/dice]
    Last Benny for Extra Effort [dice]19[/dice] + ACE!!! [dice]20[/dice]

Damage
    Strength [dice]21[/dice]
    Base Hammer [dice]22[/dice]
    Impact Bonus [dice]23[/dice] + Ace [dice]25[/dice]
    Raise [dice]24[/dice]
    Total = 37 Damage!!!

Turn Two
    Continuing in his rage Humble closes the distance again and brings the momentum of the hammer around on the giant demon smashing the great mall into its head.
    Fighting 26 for 71 Mega Damage and Target is pushed!
    Fighting d12, Berserk +2 to hit +2 Damage, Wild attack +2 to hit +2 damage total d12+4
    Fighting [dice]10[/dice] + Ace [dice]12[/dice]
    Wild [dice]11[/dice]

Damage
    Strength [dice]13[/dice]
    Base Hammer [dice]14[/dice]
    Impact Bonus [dice]15[/dice] Ace [dice]17[/dice] +Ace Aced [dice]18[/dice]
    Raise [dice]16[/dice]
    Total = 71 Damage!!!

Current Status
    Current Status
    Parry: 7 reduced by four from Berserk and Wild attack to 3
    Toughness: 28 (8) +6 From Growth, -1 from TD = 33 (8)
    Wounds: 0/3 (regenerated)

Hammer Shells: 6/8

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
    Quickness

Bennies: 0
    • +3 Quarterly Reset
      +1 GM deleted rolls
      -1 Extra effort to Hit Demon

Currently Using Han's Hammer
    • Damn that sucker is heavy!]
      Really Bigbore Shells: Free Push, and 3d8 damage on impact. On a raise the impact of bigbore’s are 3d10 and raise damage in general is 1d10. The Shells take a streetwise check to find at -2, and are 1000 a pop. It houses 8 strikes.
      This is a fully tricked out legendary super tech device, use 147,000 credits as the base for repairs.

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Soak 20
    Vigor: [dice]0[/dice] (Elan)
    Wild: [dice]1[/dice] (Elan)
    Result: 20 - Soak up to 5 Wounds... so no damage.
    Agility 6
    Agility Increased to d8 due Trapping on Quickness
    Agility: [dice]2[/dice]
    Result: 6 - Success. No Fatigue
    Radiation Vigor 18
    Vigor: [dice]5[/dice]
    Result: 18 - Success with Raise(s). No effect
    Turn 1
    Hans moves at full speed towards the Demon (Now 40" Away), uses Dreamtime's Slumber Power as Greater Slumber on the Demon (Missing Humble), and do a Smarts Trick on the Demon.
    • Greater Slumber (+2 due Machine Maestro)
      • Techno-Wizardry: [dice]8[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]9[/dice]
        Result: 12 - Success with Raise. Spirit Roll at -4 or Fall Asleep, needing a FULL ROUND action to wake them up. Also, Smarts Roll or Fatigue. 4 PPE.
      Smarts Trick
      • Smarts: [dice]10[/dice]
        Result: 8 on Contested Roll
    Turn 2
    Use Dreamtime's Slumber Power as Greater Slumber on the Demon (Missing Humble), move a bit closer to the Demon (30" back from the Demon but back behind and above Humble), then holster Dreamtime.
    Greater Slumber (+2 due Machine Maestro)
    • Techno-Wizardry: [dice]12[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]13[/dice]
      Result: 13 - Success with Raise. Spirit Roll at -4 or Fall Asleep, needing a FULL ROUND action to wake them up. Also, Smarts Roll or Fatigue. 4 PPE.
    Last edited by Hans Greuber on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

No damage from Humbles attacks, and not knocked down
    Str vs 7+2 of knocked prone [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
    Str vs 8+2 or knocked prone [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice]
    Humble is pretty sure his second hammer blow should have leveled any kind of galactic foe from cosmo knight to godling, but the demon’s nature itself seems to absorbe the mundane bludgeoning.
    No night night for the kitty cat, but it does have a level of fatigue!!
    Spirit [dice]4[/dice] wild [dice]5[/dice]
    Smarts [dice]6[/dice] wild [dice]7[/dice] Ace [dice]8[/dice]

Spirit [dice]9[/dice] Benny for EF with Elan (thanks SPF) [dice]11[/dice]wild [dice]10[/dice]
    Smarts [dice]12[/dice] wild [dice]13[/dice]
    Twice the demon thrusts off Han’s attempt to bring it peace... The mental anquish of seeing its multiple selves takes a bit of a toll on the greature, and for a moment it droops its head slightly but eventually it roars laughing, ”Roar!! You smack of the Legendary Realm as well!”
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

The magical assault of the Demon is easily defeated by the magical protections of Hans's Techno-Smith armor, and his maneuvers with the Wings of Icarus allow him to keep stabilized with its percussive force.

"Walk away... uhh... NOPE! We are MORE than enough to take care of you. Just wait and see what modern Techno-Magic can do!"

Watching Humble's mighty blow being shrugged off by the Demon, Hans recalls that imbuing Humble's attack with energies whose harmonics are referred to as "Holy" by many will most likely be needed.

Hans shrugs off the effects of the radiation from the nuclear explosion. Dwarves are as tough as the very mountains. The protections provided by his armor is all that is needed to battle through its effects and take the fight to the demon.

Aiming Dreamtime at the Demon, Hans focuses energies through it and waves of trans-dimensional energies flow over the Black Demon Cat. Amazingly the Demon throws off most of the effects of the assault, though it seems to have suffered from the visiting of its selves and thoughts of what may have been.

"The 'Legendary Realm'? I am just a Techno-Wizard with a few new ideas. You want Legendary, you should see my Father and what he does."

"Humble, delay your next attacks until I can get some 'Holy' magical energies infused into that Hammer. We can take him down. We just need a second to prepare you."
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*
      Dewey
      Louis
      Alvin*
      Simon
      Theodore
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Re: Adventure 1: The Jewel Find

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hope:

Black Beuty hovers overhead and Hand and Humble here in their heads, ” Hans and Humble I have taken the liberty to establish contact with Gloom. I can just barely catch sight of their communications tower. Hans I wonder if you rebult it... No never mind. I have someone named Diamond Clad holding for you.”
    Diamond Clads voice comes over the comms, ” Ksshh... Hello? Hans, Humble some computer contacted me... What’s going on? We saw Mt. Dresher erupt in fire... Kasshhh. Hello? Can anyone hear me?”

Hope fires anther holy powercore amped laser blast at the demon in its head. The demon cat catches the blast of holy emergy in its paw batting it away... ”Your ship will bow to me!”
    OOC Comments
    Shooting -4 headshot, ignores 2 pts of to hit penalty [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] +2 shooting, +2 marksman=8 to hit
    Damage [dice]2[/dice]AP5, +4 holy, +4 head

Demon: turn 1
    The demon cat draws the dark forces arround him almost appearing as if there are two of him and brings his deadly flame wreathed claw wildly into Humbles chest with a frenzy of blows. ” I recognize the hammer Humble... Who do you think trapped me in the body of Caleb Koll? It is a pitty you will not join me... There was a time...”
    Greater Quickness
    Spell-casting greater quickness [dice]3[/dice] wild [dice]4[/dice]
    • In addition to the two complete turns the character gains with quickness, he may ignore up to two points of multi-action penalties on each of those turns. redraw on an 8 or less.
    Humble takes 42 ap 15
    Improved Frenzy: Fighting wild [dice]5[/dice] fighting [dice]6[/dice] ace [dice]11[/dice] wild [dice]7[/dice]
    Damage +2 from reverse champion [dice]8[/dice] raise [dice]9[/dice] ace [dice]10[/dice]ap15
    Turn 2:

The demon cat growls and laughs, ”Be gone Humble, Our fight would last for centuries and I have much to do. Go back to your realm of legends...” A rift opens behind Humble drawing him in. Humble thinks he hears Sammy the cat’s suprised voice comming through the rift Meow! Humble?
    Humble banish spirit vs 17, if you get lower than 13 you take a wound and if at 3 wounds you go back to shaintair
    Spell casting banish [dice]12[/dice] wild [dice]13[/dice] ace [dice]14[/dice]
    Then the Demon Cat weaves a powerful spell granting him the strngth to seemingly lift half the firey mountain and chucks it at Hans. ” Catch Techno wizard!! The time for your kind is at an end.”
    Hans takes 24AP5, agility vs bumps and bruses take a level of fatigue if fail.
    Spellcasting mega blast-2 range -1 fatigue[dice]15[/dice] wild [dice]16[/dice]
    Damage [dice]17[/dice] ace [dice]18[/dice] ap 5
    Last benny to reroll
    [dice]19[/dice] ace [dice]20[/dice] ap5
    Unexpectedly the rift the demon formed to draw Humble through grows larger, much larger than normal due to the surging radiation. It nearly grows as high as black beauty itself. This growth gives the heroes a split second to either stand in the raging inferno while the demon cat laughs mercilessly of duck into the rift for a chance to regroup. Whatever the choice, the heroes know this moment is fleeting. A quick glance through the rift looks like there is a hamlet of somesort surrounded by lush woods. This is how the round ends.
    Player Directions: As this seems a crucial moment for the heroes, go ahead narrate your rolls, thoughts, and reactions. Hans you have a choice should Humble be banished to follow him into the rift, or if not both can go into the rift. Black Beauty will do what the heroes do.

If you guys stick arround we will draw cards for a new initiative and continue. Ideally I would preffer to not split the party.
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Humble
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Regeneration
    Vigor 1d12+4, -3 wounds = 1d12+1
    Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Spirit because I want to know if I could have. But would like to chose failure.
    Spirit [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild [dice]3[/dice]
    As Humble is struck with the mighty weapon he feels his body breaking. The players of his armor even struggling to keep up.
    Combined with the radiation attacking his cells it is too much for him.

His regeneration unable to keep up with the wounds as every injury healed is replaced by more severe injuries.

Struggling, he stays to his feet trying to clear his head when suddenly a force to powerful to resist echos in his mind with the demons voice. “Begone Humble” repeating over, and over.

When his head clears Humble looks around and he is no longer at the sight of the nuclear explosion in the desert. But the is something familiar about the scene around him.

Current Status
    Current Status
    Parry: 7 reduced by four from Berserk and Wild attack to 3
    Toughness: 28 (8) +6 From Growth, -1 from TD = 33 (8)
    Wounds: -3/3

Hammer Shells: 6/8

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
    Quickness

Bennies: 0
    • +3 Quarterly Reset
      +1 GM deleted rolls
      -1 Extra effort to Hit Demon

Currently Using Han's Hammer
    • Damn that sucker is heavy!]

Humble
    Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

No Ill Effects.
    24AP5 is 1 Wound
    • Soak
      • Vigor: [dice]0[/dice] (Elan)
        Result: 11 - Success with Raise. Enough to Soak 2 Wounds. No Effect from Onslaught
    Agility vs. Bumps and Bruises
    • Agility: [dice]2[/dice]
      Result: 13 - Success with 2 Raises. No Effect from Bumps and Bruises.
    Once again Hans's skillful flying and the strength of his Techno-Smith armor sees him through the Demon's attack.

"Humble!!!!"

"Diamond Clad, a Greater Demon, a Black Demon Cat specifically, is the cause of the eruption, or a side effect. I don't really know. We engaged, but are needing to disengage to engage in a rescue. Going through a Portal, and will be unable to communicate for the foreseeable future. Best of luck!"

"Hope, I am headed through the portal to rescue Humble. You are welcome to come with me, but I don't know what we will encounter on the other side. In I go!!!

With that, Hans dives through the portal.

"Demon, you have won this round, but the battle is not over. You will see us again, and it will not go so easy for you next time."
    Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
    None
    Combat Edges/Hindrances:
    Hesitant
    Created Gadgets:
    Teleport (4 PPE left)
    Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
    +1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
    • Gargamel*#
      Huey*