Journey to Hope 1.2: Slavers on the River

KahlessNestor

Journey to Hope 1.2: Slavers on the River

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1700
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers: None yet
Round 0

The trip upriver started out wet. Luckily there were plenty of tarps to go around to make ad hoc tents, and even collect the rainwater. But soon a breeze came up, scudding the clouds and rain away, and it actually felt a bit nice to bask in the sun and dry out.

There was little of interest as they traveled. Squinting against the sun off the water, they occasionally made out small settlements along the river, mostly on the east bank Coalition side. But the boat didn’t stop to trade. An occasional large shadow floated by in the river below them, but nothing molested the travelers. Up on the roof of the towboat, one of the crew lazes beside the light ion cannon, keeping a desultory watch on the banks and the river.

Nine hours into the journey, as cookstoves are getting hauled out to prepare supper, a line of smoke appears, rising up ahead from the east bank of the river behind a line of cottonwood trees. A bright ley line crossed the river running east to west up ahead. Captain Norris came out on the deck and shielded his eyes as he peered up ahead. He started giving quiet orders to his crew before hopping across to the first barge to consult with Charlemagne.

“Seems there might be some trouble up ahead,” William Norris said. “I’m gonna edge us to the other side of the river an’ try an’ slip on past,” he explained. “There are some small boats if you folk want to check it out.” He indicated the overturned lifeboats on the front edges of the barges.

Up above, the top gunner was perking up. The mercenaries on the rear barge were also forming up, grabbing their weapons. Even Toad snorted as he smelled the smoke on the air.
Getting to shore
The barges have small boats they can use to get the party to shore, but it will take tying up at the beach to be able to offload Toad or the Mountaineer, which can’t be done without being noticed. Contacts, mercenaries, and the crew can remain with the barge to protect it, as the captain plans to hopefully slip past without being noticed. If you want to do otherwise, let me know.
Combat Notes
Initiative:

Ashley
Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes after first round)
Karsk and Toad (Quick)
Vik
Leonard (Quick)
Charlemagne
Thomas

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)

Enemies:
Map
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Karsk

Re: Journey to Hope 1.2: Slavers on the River

Post by Karsk »

Notice 5
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Karsk sniffed the air and could smell the smoke drifting over from the distance.

"Karsk happy to check it out." he says, collecting his vibrospear

KahlessNestor wrote:Even Toad snorted as he smelled the smoke on the air.
"Calm Toad, no need for you yet." Karsk reassured the Rhino Buffalo.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thomas looks at the situation and thinks maybe everyone is being haste-full. "I would hate to see someone get injured. Don't you think we should protect the boat? Maybe there is a way around that wont involve risking these poor children and civilians?"
Offering up his own services selflessly he says. "I could scry out the situation so we know what is going on. If it is really important or if people are in danger then we will have the information we need."

Then concentrating Thomas sends forth his mind through his staff, looking at the battle scene and searching for what intelligence he can share with the others.
EX Detect Arcana 5 Success, Clairvoyance 5 success w/all 5 senses
Exalted Detect Arcana (4 PPE) Activated first and used through Clairvoyance
Spell Casting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Clairvoyance (Sight, Sounds, Smells, Arcane = 6 PPE)
Spell Casting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 30/20 (Assumed 40 from ley lines - 10 used here as people are getting ready)
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
Bennies 3
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Thomas
Thomas focused his mystic senses and cast them out toward the ley line and smoke, over the trees. He was almost blinded by the magical brilliance of the ley line. The acrid smoke assaults his nose. He hears screams as his vision dives through the smoke. A small human village on the bank of the river appears. Fields of corn stretch to the east, and a pasture sits on the south side of the village, which is shielded from the river by the cottonwood trees.

A few of the houses are burning, creating the smoke. In the center of the village sits a large, floating barge. On it sat a fat, tentacled monstrosity with a grinning maw full of sharp teeth, laughing and tormenting villagers as they ran past in an attempt to get to safety.

Throughout the village, several gorgeous armored women with visors over their eyes moved through the village, grabbing villagers, shooting them with stun weapons, dragging them south to the pasture where one of the women stood guard over seemingly passive villagers.
Fear
Thomas needs to make a Fear check.
Exalted Detect
You can see telepathy, darksight, and farsight.
It is a Splugorth slaver. He has 40 PPE
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Karsk wrote:Notice 5
OOC Comments
[dice]36205:0[/dice]
[dice]36205:1[/dice]
Karsk sniffed the air and could smell the smoke drifting over from the distance.

"Karsk happy to check it out." he says, collecting his vibrospear

KahlessNestor wrote:Even Toad snorted as he smelled the smoke on the air.
"Calm Toad, no need for you yet." Karsk reassured the Rhino Buffalo.
Mr. Marvin leans over the bardge looking out at the murky waters. He is emptying a sack into the water and then wipes his mouth. He smiles jovial at Lenny, ”So Lenny, how are you at boating? I hate to have to swim on a full stomach if you know what I mean.”

Mr. Marvin nods at the resident canibal then lowers a boat into the river as quietly as possible. Before hoping on the boat his sniffs the air to get a sense of anything that might be lurking nearby. Either way he hops on and either boats it himself or lets an other.
” Lets do this Splashman, remember the river near Tolkeen? Didn’t you just splash us accross? Regardless, no snacking.”
Notice 9 with detect arcana as smell, danger sense 7, stealth 7
Notice [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]-2 for danger sense, detect arcana with smell. Benny EF [dice]4[/dice]
Stealth [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]
Bennies
Bennies: 2/3
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Fear Check
Spirit [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Surveying the scene Thomas is shocked by what he sees and a little bit frightened as well, But he finds himself to tempted not to continue looking around. When he is done with his trance he comes out of it, his face white as he looks to the others.

After explaining to them everything he saw he says. “It is pretty bad up there. A Slaver and a half dozen altaren are rounding up a village. I think it is likely too late to save any of the villagers they have taken as slaves.” His face looking dejected from the defeat he adds. “But perhaps we can at least be on guard for if they return, we could prevent this from happening to others.”

Thinking to himself this is really a prime situation. The slave barges rarely waste time looting as their primary commodity is the people, there could be a lot of valuable stuff the team could use once the slavers clear out. But these goody two-shoes would likely scoffs at the good fortune.

Condition
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Personal PPE: 16/20

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
Bennies 3
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Special Abilities:
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Thomas wrote:
Fear Check
Spirit [dice]36276:0[/dice]
Wild [dice]36276:1[/dice]
Surveying the scene Thomas is shocked by what he sees and a little bit frightened as well, But he finds himself to tempted not to continue looking around. When he is done with his trance he comes out of it, his face white as he looks to the others.

After explaining to them everything he saw he says. “It is pretty bad up there. A Slaver and a half dozen altaren are rounding up a village. I think it is likely too late to save any of the villagers they have taken as slaves.” His face looking dejected from the defeat he adds. “But perhaps we can at least be on guard for if they return, we could prevent this from happening to others.”

Thinking to himself this is really a prime situation. The slave barges rarely waste time looting as their primary commodity is the people, there could be a lot of valuable stuff the team could use once the slavers clear out. But these goody two-shoes would likely scoffs at the good fortune.

Condition
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
Bennies 3
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
((Rolls Carried Over))
Mr. Marvin looks at Tommy as he is getting into the boat. He smiles like he is looking at his next meal, ” I am going over to help those people. Slavers you say, that sounds bad. If I or you were in that situation, I would be hoping beyond hope that there were some goddamn heroes near by. Stay on the boat or come with us I do not care, but if you do not back up those who are going in to save those poor folks. You better hope I do not come back.”
Bennies
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

A little put off and defensive Thomas says. "Well of course I will come and help. I was only pointing out that it may be too late. No need to be offended Mr Marvin."
Climbing into the boat Thomas can be heard mumbling something, those who listen may hear accusations of insanity and not all sharing the desire for suicide of a juicer. But the words are soft enough that they are still indecipherable.
OOC Comments
For the battle, we can have Thomas come in under True Invisible and try to Slumber the warrior women?
It is impossible to surprise the Slaver, so that will be a desperate battle.

Knowledge (Arcana) [dice]0[/dice]
Knowledge Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Condition
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
Bennies 3
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley frowns confusedly. "Splugorth? Is that some kind of demon?"

She runs her hands through her hair.

"All right. We can't just let them steal people. What's the plan?"
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thinking there is no reason to leave the lady in the dark Thomas answers. "The Slugorth are gods who take over planets. But this is just one of its Slaver's. They are like bio-wizard super borgs who are always accompanied by slave girls that fight like juicers.
"Still dangerous, but I am sure Charlemagne and Mr. Marvin will be able to defeat it. Maybe I can get a couple few of them close enough together to put them to sleep and we can redeem them. I hear there is a decent repentance rate among the women."

Condition
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Active Effects
  • One With Elements (recast every hour or so for out of combat coolness, not used in combat)
    Prepared for battle
Bennies 3
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Notice
Notice - Lyn-Srial vision ignores dim & dark penalties
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

Ace WD Notice with prior
[dice]2[/dice]
Charlemagne enjoys the peacefulness of the trip, until it is interrupted by smoke. He waits patiently as Thomas relays his report. Shaking his head, he confirms what most would expect from him. "We shall not leave the innocents to slavers of any kind, be they Moors or Splugorth." He looks over the faces of his friends. He turns to Norris. "Captain, my people and I will be going ashore. I leave the watercraft to you, sir. We shall be returning, victorious in our noble defense of the defenseless, forthwith. If you would, hold the barges with our mercenary cohort near the village. I may signal for reinforcements, and we have them in quantity. We will not be taking our beast or our motorized transport at this time."

He turns back to the 101st. With Marvin already in the boat, he smiles. "To the boats, friends. Let us join our compatriot Mr. Marvin in his exuberance to do combat with the forces of evil. I will take to the air, as I am able, and will lead you into battle once more. I shall call orders and formations as the scene unfolds, but clustering together is rarely a good idea when artillery is in play. Spread out as you are able. Stay within sight of each other, and seek the flanks. Leave no foe alive at your back." With that, he activates his cyber-armor and beats his wings, pulling himself into the air and towards the village.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Leonard IV

Post by Leonard IV »

Notice 7
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild[dice]1[/dice]
Leo sequestered himself off in his own little nook of the barge, watching the tress listlessly meander by as the days drearily passed. Not being very fond of the tight quarters, Leo made it a habit to slip away in the evenings to rest by his lonesome in the mountaineer -- this routine continued, essentially unmolested, until the rather unorthodox column of smoke was brought to his attention by all of the ensuing commotions on the barge.

Looking hectic, Leo tries his best to discern some passable information from his allies -- although he very visibly doesn't keep up with the rapidly unfolding events, merely replying to Thomas's initial suggestion with a confused "Uh. . .", as Marvin is already lowering a boat into the river. Catching his full attention, Leo scampers over to join Marvin, eyeing the boat tepidly, "I should be able to get it to shore, at the very least. . ."

It's been awhile since I've even seen schematics for an aquatic vehicle, let alone pilot one -- it looks simple enough. . .

Giving his attire a quick once-over, Leo hops in the boat with a surprising deftness as Thomas imparts his grim information, again, even through Leo's trim coat, he looks pale at the mention of slavers. Surprised, and somewhat heartened by Marvin's blunt candor, Leo finds himself affirming the need to act quickly, "Slavers. . . that sounds horrendous, let's, uh, get a move on before we're too late!"
Somewhat endeared by Ashely's ensuing question, Leo is relieved he's not the only one that's never heard of a Sploogorth. Although that brief respite is short-lived after Thomas's description, if Leo was pale before, he now looked almost faint!

Well, this is exactly what Schparkle-butt's are called to do!

Swallowing his hesitation, and steeling what mettle he has, Leo attempts to get the boat moving -- albeit his nose turned towards the pillar of smoke, an anxious curiosity nipping at the back of his mind. Although Charlemagne seemed unphased by the notion of encountering these slavers, Leo wishes he could muster the same cocksure attitude -- although a formidable weapon, his Side-arm seemed suddenly less capable.
Unnecessary
Untrained [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]
We have to save those people. . .
Last edited by Leonard IV on Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leo IV

Bennies: 5/3

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 20/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Notice 7
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice] ace [dice]2[/dice]
Karsk cocked his new shotgun

"Don't bother with an engine, Karsk can make it move with his mind."
OOC Comments
Using energy control water on his telekinesis to provide propulsion 10 ISP for exalted telekinesis
How long does it take?
Brianna

Post by Brianna »

Eager to show her abilities, Brianna grabs her weapons and heads into the boat right behind Marvin. "Let us see what these slavers are all about." In the boat she readies her dual great chain swords. Eagerly she waits for the boat to come close enough to shore so that she can jump out and make her way to the front lines.
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley gets on the barge as well, eying Brianna's swords with some trepidation.

"Right, okay, but what's the plan?"
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

rolls carried

"Who has the biggest gun?" Karsk shrugged, "Shoot lots of heavy weapons at the slaver, rest of us attack the warrior women, free the slaves, eat."
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

"That's...not really a plan," Ash sighs. "But if it's what we've got, okay. I don't know what the rest of you use, but I have a feeling I have one of the bigger guns. I'll focus on the big demon thing...try to keep it busy as long as I can."
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thomas looks aghast. "Wait, so our plan for defeating one of the biggest deadliest supernatural horrors on the continent, supported by an elite squad of assassins is to shot it?
"Are you insane..."
Then thinking about what he already knows his eyes get a little big. "What the heck am I talking about. Of course you are insane. We need a real plan, something other than run in and hope the crazy assassin women don't kill us."
Turning his head towards Charlemagne he asks. "Charlemagne, do you have a real plan. Please tell me we have a real plan?"
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Leonard IV

Post by Leonard IV »

(Rolls held)

Leo double-takes at Karsk's mention of using telekenesis to move the boats, he understood the meaning, it just seemed so nonchalant.

Has. . . has he always been psychic? I guess it makes sense, but water control?! Is, is he moving the boat by means of localized pressure variations in the water. . . I suppose if he could create a pocket of negative pressure towards the bow and positive pressure near the stern, you could theoretically siphon the boat. . .

Clearly distracted by a spurious tangent of thought, Leo just sort of nods to Karsk, "Uhm, well, by all means then. I'm sure it would be much quieter than even a dampened engine. . ." Scratching his chin in scholarly thought, Leo suddenly remembers how tenuous the current situation actually was in face of Ashley and Thomas's concerns.

Leaping into action without forethought is what nearly cost him his life to the Federation of Magic. . . "Well, I can't offer much in terms of strategy, but I could focus on gathering survivors -- if we could subdue the attache, maybe the large, um, supernatural monstrosity could be easier to focus on. . . You're a magician, right Thomas? Is there some means by which you could incapacitate the warrior women?"

Still looking perturbed, Leo subconsciously checks to make certain the curious sword he found back in that shanty town was on his person -- he was competent with a sidearm, but something about the surety of precisely tempered alloy was relieving. Even if it seemed impractical.
Leo IV

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

A plan... Why does it always come down to a plan?

Mr. Marvin looked at the ratag squad. ” Charlie, I have a suggestion or two. Step 1 get ashore, step 2 fan out in pairs. Charlie and I go in full of melee madness. Ash and tommy burn the monster down and if he has some kind of protective screen time your attack with Charles and myself, Tommy you got the magic juice so get those warrior women to go asleep. Bree and Vik do what you do best, support them and watch our backs. Lay down the thunder but do not wake the women. Lenny, you are in charge of the hostages, don’t get killed. Splashman, just eat everything and everyone that is not us or the hostages. Sounds like you are also our new captain.”
He flashes a friendly smile, ” So how does that sound for a plan?”

Mr marvin finishes getting his load bearing rig situated and pulls a new gleaming blade out of the water.
Bennies
Vik

Post by Vik »

"Slugs? Oh randy were-bears, hold on a tick," Vik says, before running off toward the Mountaineer.

He returns, having missed most of the ensuing conversation, with his TK machine-gun, a massive weapon, just barely man-portable, with a housing that looks vaguely like an old Vickers machine gun.

"Oy, this shooter'll put some holes in the big Slaver, and them blind beauties, too, tho I hate to shoot a good-looking woman 'less she's coming at me with a blade or mini-missiles or somefin'. I can whip up a little something to super-charge the shots, too, so's getting the shield on that barge down'll be lickety-lollipop, as if we was a buncha teeny-gals out raving on Molly. If Mr. Vik and Father Vickers don't put enough holes in the Slug, having that shield down'll make it easier for everyone to get in and grab a slice."
Creating Smite gadget
Techno-Wizardry + Machine Maestro (out of combat) [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Since a 1 doesn't appear to have an effect outside of activating a device, looks like that's a success with a raise, so the Smite device has 15 PPE.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 5/20
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 1705
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.
Round 1

Marvin and Leo Detect Arcana
Darksight, Farsight, Telepathy
Thomas
Elemental Mastery? Is that a spell or edge? I can’t seem to find it in the books, or on your character sheet. What is it?
Karsk and Energy Control + Exalted TK
We’ll say it will only take 3 rounds to get to shore. So you can drop the TK or keep it in maintenance mode as combat starts.
Captain William Norris nodded to Charlemagne. “We’ll pull up under the ley line. Hopefully it will help mask us,” he said. He was clearly nervous, and the man stationed on the top gun was alert and ready, the mercenaries on the rear barge, as well.

The boat was essentially a large rubber inflatable reminiscent of those fast craft used to insert special forces teams. It had a quiet electric engine, but that proves unnecessary, as Karsk controls the water to push them along completely silent.

A small beach lay along the bank in a slight bend of the river. The village could be seen through a screen of cottonwood trees. It wasn’t engulfed in flames, but there were several fires that was starting to spread. Small tufts of cotton floated from the trees with the smoke, getting into fur and hair and open mouths.

Several humans sat or knelt placidly in a nearby pasture, looked over by an alert Altaran warrior woman in light armor with forearm blasters and some kind of long rod sparking energy at the tip. She wasn’t looking at you, but you know from Altarans at Castle Refuge that she didn’t need to be in order to see you. Four other Altarans could be seen moving about the village through the smoke, chasing and capturing fleeing villagers. One Altaran stood on the skiff in the center of the village, in front of the blubbery, tentacled splugorth slaver, who laughed and cackled at the antics of the fleeing humans, safely behind a shimmering energy barrier.

The splugorth wrapped a tentacle around the Altaran woman. She tensed, but made no move to resist as he gave her cheek a long, slow lick with his slobbering tongue, knocking her visor off. She caught it deftly and moved away to the edge of the skiff, as if to keep alert rather than get away from the monster. She shook out her long blonde hair before replacing her visor.

None of the Altarans nor the splugorth seem to notice your presence yet.
Fear check
Everyone except Thomas needs to make a fear check as they see the Splugorth.
Vik
You recognize a familiar face. The Altaran Warrior Woman on the skiff is your old partner and lover Charlize that you had to leave behind after a job on Atlantis!
Combat Notes
Please check the list of conditions above.

Trailblazers have surprise. PLAYERS ARE ON HOLD. But the enemies have Danger Sense (already rolled). Roll Agility. If you beat a 7 you go before Charlie. If you beat a 5, you go before the Slaver.

Initiative:

Ashley HOLD
Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes after first round) HOLD
Karsk (Quick) HOLD
Vik HOLD
Leonard (Quick) HOLD
Charlemagne HOLD
Thomas HOLD
Brianna HOLD
Charlize WC HOLD Agility 7
Splugorth Slaver HOLD Agility 5
AWW x 5 KD

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)

Allies and Extras:
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
Map
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

On the boat as they made their way over, Ash concentrated. Though pyrokinesis was definitely her specialty, she was a powerful telekinetic as well. It made sense, she figured. It was all about movement, in the end. If she could move atoms and molecules to increase temperature, why not move whole objects around too? With her new armored suit she didn't think she'd need her flaming aura as much, which was nice. She didn't want to melt a hole in the boat after all.

She stepped off onto shore, crested a shallow rise, and stopped in her tracks. The scene was worse than she could ever have imagined. All those people. And there in the center of it...

Ashley hadn't seen a lot of 'demons' before. She'd never gone to war for the Coalition, and when she'd been on her own before joining the Legion she'd tried to keep out of trouble as much as she could while learning to use and control her powers. Most of the scraps she'd gotten into were with bandits and gangs.

The creature on that hovering platform was something so repulsive, so elementally wrong, that for a moment all she could do was stare in horror. But then, like clouds parting, a crack in the horror opened up and the light behind it came pouring through. The light was anger. Not petty, vindictive anger borne of frustration and helplessness, but something else entirely. A kind of righteous fury.

Ash started advancing up the road a little, gathering extra power from the environment as she went. Tapping ley lines always seemed ghoulish to her before. They were made of DEAD people, after all. Now though it felt right. The souls of countless people, killed by monsters, would now strike out at a monster. It was as if Ashley had become an instrument of vengeance for something much greater than herself. There was no need to hold back here, no compunction, no hesitation.

Flame rose around her, and shifted color as she drew on the ancient power in the air. From yellow-white the corona turned to a shivery blue; the color of a young star burning with fresh fuel. Where she walked the stones of the road glowed in the shape of footprints.

"Get. Off. My. WORLD!"

Ashley balled her fists and punched the air, and with each motion a blast of blue-white plasma rocketed from her hand and shrieked down the open avenue straight at the Splugorth barge and its denizen! One of the Altarans hurled herself out of its way, but she was not Ash's target.

The first blast struck some kind of force field surrounding the minion of the Splugorth...and with a flash and the sound of thunder, it tore through it as if it wasn't there, striking the monster high on the shoulder and searing through the potent bio-wizardries that protected it! The creature reeled and spun around...just in time to take yet another searing blast on its chest. The thick layer of goo sizzled and evaporated, protecting it from the worst of the onslaught, but it still left a scar there. It had enough time to shield its head with its arms before another blast impacted there, scalding it badly but saving its own life.

"Leave us alone," Ash said, breathing hard from the exertion. "Just leave us alone."

(Move up the road to the spot between the two tree tiles, attacks for 32 MD, 24 MD, 21 MD; all attacks at AP8, shakes and 2 wounds on Slaver unless it soaks)
Rolls: Armor 7, Fear 6, Agility 8, 11 ISP and 2 bennies spent
Pre-fight Mega-Armor roll: [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice], 5 ISP spent; Toughness is 18 (11) MD
Benny for EE on Armor (elan) [dice]15[/dice] Disregard this roll; should be a reroll, per GM in Hangouts
Benny for reroll [dice]20[/dice] or [dice]21[/dice]
Fear Check (spirit) [dice]2[/dice] or [dice]3[/dice]
Agility check: [dice]4[/dice] or [dice]5[/dice]
Benny Ability for EE [dice]19[/dice]

Light 'em up! Fire bolts (RoF 3, 2 ISP each attack to gain +8 AP, -1 visibiltiy, +2 size modifier)
[dice]6[/dice] or [dice]7[/dice] for [dice]8[/dice] damage, 32 MD AP 8
Two aces: [dice]16[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice] or [dice]10[/dice] for [dice]11[/dice] damage, 24 MD AP 8
Raise [dice]17[/dice]
[dice]12[/dice] or [dice]13[/dice] for [dice]14[/dice] damage, 21 MD AP 8
Raise [dice]18[/dice]
Last edited by Ashley Logan on Tue May 29, 2018 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

As they approach the shore Thomas says. “I will see if there is anything I can do to help. But this kind of combat has always been more my brothers forte.” Then attempting to activate his cloak he suddenly finds it making a his sounds as sparks fly from the cloak. Unable to accept it could be his own failing Thomas is annoyed. "That rat sold me a lemon." He says as the cloak apparently becomes useless.
True Invisibility, critical failure need a technical difficulties roll
Activating True Invisibility prior to combat.
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
-10 PPE

Technical Difficulty [dice]12[/dice]
  • Severe Failure: T he device or gear applies a −4 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus (such as with Armor) is reduced by 4.
Wow, that sucked
Agility for interrupt 3 and Spirit to unshake from failure 4
Agility [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Spirit to unshake
Spirit [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
As they move ashore Thomas separates himself from the group so as not to be trapped inside a blast or other reckless attack. Moving to south east along the tree line he sees the flying barge with its dread master commanding the slaves and prepares to concentrate, but the creature is too fast and disappears from his sight!

Voided by loosing Interrupt
Suddenly altaren warrior women begin coming from all around attacking the slaver as he realizes those that are here to defend him are actually the killing him. Then moving back behind the safety of the trees Thomas maintains his illusionary grasp on the Slavers mind.

Deadly Illusion 10 to activate. Rolled 11 to inflict 1 wound from the women attacking him, Maintaining Full cover from trees
Deadly illusion
Activation roll
Spellcasting [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]10[/dice]
-6 PPE

Attack Roll
Spellcasting [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice] Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Where's Tommy
Right about here.
Where's tommy.jpg
Condition
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Personal PPE: 0/20

Active Effects
  • One With Elements (recast every hour or so for out of combat coolness, not used in combat)
    Prepared for battle
Bennies 2
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    -1 Extra Effort to activate Deadly Illusion on Slaver
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Vik

Post by Vik »

Agility 9 to interrupt
Agility [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace! [dice]2[/dice]
Spirit 5 vs Fear
EDIT: Forgot to roll Fear earlier
Spirit [dice]18[/dice]
Wild [dice]19[/dice] = Success
Super-Charging Father Vickers and Spraying Some Lead
Used View-Master of Mastery to cast Greater Boost Trait (Shooting) on self on the boat ride over (so 2 rounds before maintenance)
Techno-Wizardry [dice]3[/dice] = Success with Auto-Raise, +4d to Shooting, 5 PPE used
Wild [dice]4[/dice]
Round 1 Actions
Activate Energizer E-Clip to cast Greater Smite with a nonlethal/telekinetic knockout trapping on the TK Machinegun, with a -2 MAP
Techno-Wizardry [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Shiiiiiiit. Using Benny for Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice] = Success, +4 to damage, 4 PPE used from device, 1 Benny used

Move 5 hexes north, so I have a clear line of sight to the barge, then full autofire with TK Machinegun at Charlize; Shooting is boosted to 1d12+2, +2 from armor, -2 MAP, -2 recoil; EDIT: I forgot the -1 for smoke/flames, but it doesn't change the results.
Shot 1[dice]8[/dice] = Miss, innocent bystander = 1 or 2, the Altaran halfway in between, 3 or 4, the slaver [dice]13[/dice]
Shot 2[dice]9[/dice] = Miss
Shot 3[dice]10[/dice] = Hit with a Raise
Shot 4[dice]11[/dice] = Hit
Wild [dice]12[/dice] = Miss

Damage is 2d8+4, +4 Greater Smite, +2 HJ table ability, AP 7 (2 +5 from HJ table).
Damage Shot 1 (Altaran) [dice]14[/dice] = 14 nonlethal Damage, AP 7 vs. the intervening Altaran
Damage Shot 3 (Charlize, shield up, raise) [dice]15[/dice]+[dice]16[/dice] = 17 nonlethal damage, AP 7, drops shield
Damage Shot 4 (Charlize, shield down) [dice]17[/dice] = 17 nonlethal damage, AP 7 vs. Charlize, which should be enough for Shaken + 2 Wounds
Vik jumps off the boat like one of them fellas looking for Matt Damon in France during the WW-Deuce, sticking the landing and sloshing onto the bank as fire and smoke billow ahead. All cinematic-like, the haze parts for a moment and a ray of fading sunshine illuminates the Splugorth Slaver in the center of the village -- and the achingly blank face of the pneumatic blonde standing next to it.

"Charleeeeeeee!" Vik's cry echoes as the smoke swirls again. Dashing to the north, he looks for a clear view and finds it. Thinking quickly -- and strangely clearly, considering the general lack of drugs in his system -- he slams the Energizing E-Clip onto Father Vickers, supercharging the deadly contraption with a burst of less-than-lethal telekinetic force.

"Oy babe, don't duck," he whispers, as the machine gun opens up with a full-throated roar, cutting down -- in a nice way -- another of the Altaran Warrior Women standing between him and the Slaver. (14 damage, AP 7, nonlethal, should be enough for a Wound.)

Another shot misses, but the third bursts through the magical dome covering the slaver's barge and the fourth smacks Charlize, lovely Charlize, smack in the chest, knocking her backward and hopefully out of the line of fire of the rest of Vik's less-lovestruck-and-guilt-filled comrades. (17 damage from the third shot should drop the field, fourth shot does 17 damage, AP 7 nonlethal to Charlize, which should be enough for 2 Wounds.)
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Brianna

Post by Brianna »

OOC Comments
Agility to interrupt: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
I do not think it matters for the one I am targeting but just in case.

Fear: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
6 is Win.

Moving to location in the Photo. I think along blue line is no difficult terrain. Running [dice]17[/dice]

Frenzied attack rolls:
Swing 1
Fighting: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild: [dice]5[/dice]
Damage for Hit: [dice]10[/dice] = 15 Damage AP2 Because of MAP = Miss

Swing 2
Fighting: [dice]6[/dice]
Wild: [dice]7[/dice]
Damage for Hit with Raise: [dice]11[/dice] + [dice]12[/dice] + Ace: [dice]15[/dice]= 35 Damage AP2 Because of MAP 30 Damage AP2

Swing 3
Fighting: [dice]8[/dice]
Wild: [dice]9[/dice]
Damage for Hit with Raise: [dice]13[/dice] + [dice]14[/dice] + Ace: [dice]16[/dice]= 19 Damage AP2 No Change due to MAP
These people seem so out of touch. Have any of them seen combat. At least the juicer and the psychic seem to have gusto.

Brianna moves out quickly towards the first Alteran she can get to. She quickly makes her frenzied attacks cutting deep through the armor with practiced precision. Challenging the slavers she shouts. "Why don't you worthless DBs try to make a slave out of me?!"
Attachments
Moving.PNG
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Spirit vs fear - success, Agility to interrupt - failure
Spirit
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Spirit
[dice]1[/dice]

Agility to interrupt
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Agility
[dice]3[/dice]

Psionics: Boost Trait (Fighting)
[dice]4[/dice]

Ace Boost with prior -- success with raise, +2 die types Fighting (d12+2) and +2 pace, 3 ISP spent
[dice]8[/dice]

WD Psionics: Boost Trait
[dice]5[/dice]

Psionics: Deflection
[dice]6[/dice]

WD Psionics: Deflection
[dice]7[/dice]

Ace Deflection with prior -- activated with raise, -4 to hit
[dice]9[/dice]

Activating cyber-armor, +2 Toughness
NOT activating psi-swords until after the fight begins; twin psi-swords will be activated with 2 ISP for Mega Damage
Charlemagne prepares himself for battle, activating his cyber armor, causing his form to shift and blur, and focusing his energy on delivering brutal, effective strikes.
Last edited by Charlemagne on Wed May 30, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Current Status:
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

330286B8-7766-4E36-B054-6957DE847352.jpeg
fear 6, agility 15
Fear check, go dice roll [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]
Agility, go dice roll! [dice]0[/dice] ace [dice]4[/dice]wild [dice]1[/dice]
Did Mr. Marvin even make it a shore? Fighting attack one 9 hit 40 MD AP2 damage, fighting attack two 14 hit 30 MD AP2 damage
Wild attack one, [dice]5[/dice] wild [dice]6[/dice] EF Benny [dice]10[/dice]
Split the seconds wild attack [dice]7[/dice] Wild [dice]8[/dice]Ace [dice]9[/dice]
Damage Wild attack 1: 40MD AP2[dice]11[/dice] plus [dice]12[/dice] ace [dice]13[/dice]
Damage Wild attack 2: [dice]14[/dice] [dice]15[/dice] ace [dice]16[/dice]
Its warm, like a still summer night. No precipitation, a thing of yesterday. A leyline glowing like a blue mistress of death to the north. Hello lover its a perfect night for wild wet work... I worry about Lenny though... Just close your eyes my friend it will be over soon.
Its hard sometimes to keep track of enemies and allies in the think of battle. Mr. Marvin is really no different. Did he get off the boat and trudge through the sand, or did he just pop up next to an Altaran corralling civilians. An interview with Dodge Butterfield propietor of hut 215 would later reveal this...
The future interview with Dodge Butterfield
” Oh gish Mr. Marvin, yeah he popped out of the grass itself like a jimmy cricket and quartered that atlantis b—-(Censored for children)” Dodge pauses slightly worried, ” I mean da juicers are quick... But that quick... After it was over we couldn’t even find the body, just a couple ole wristy blasters, and an amulate... I swear... Honest to gish, his sword whispered something: “fatality”...” Dodge wipes his brow anxiously, ” Never seen anything like it, and Mr. Marvin he was super nice to us and everthing. Giving us the single shhh finger and promising we would be safe shortly. Say, Mr. Marvin isn’t going to hear about this right? I mean in my eyes he is a gish darn hero, saved us and everything... Why last week we had him over for diner for bone in roasted chicken. I just get the feeling deepish down he is a private fellow.”
Action
Moved next to Altarn near the civilians at the bottom, attacked twice. Damage and rolls above.
Note about Altaran first strike: His parry is a 7 as he moves adjacent, and then after his attacks goes down to 5 due to wild attack.
Attachments
6758C452-D903-4624-AE35-08443365D6A9.jpeg
Bennies
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Scene modifiers:
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.
Round 1.2

Marvin was like a ghost as he moved across the pasture. However, the Altaran warrior woman was quick to recover from her surprise, slashing at him with one of the vibro-knives in her hands. But Marvin leaned way back, the buzzing blade passing a hair’s breadth over his nose. Then he popped up and launched his own attack. His first blow sliced off her head, sending it spinning blood into the air. The second came across her midsection, cutting through her waist, her torso sliding from her body in a bloody mess.

Ooo! Slice and dice! That is one fine filet, Mr. Marvin, his sword’s AI voice purred in Marvin’s head.

Vik moved to the opening in the treeline provided by the road. He squinted through the haze of smoke and aimed his machine gun, spitting bullets of telekinetic force through the village at his ex-lover and partner. The spray of bullets also caught another Altaran in the path, catching the warrior woman’s shoulder and spinning her around. The bullets peppered the energy shield, and it flickered and collapsed, and then the spray struck Charlize in the chest, sending her reeling. She fell to one knee on the barge, catching herself with her hand, looking dazed and surprised.

“Vik…” the beautiful blonde whispered.

Ashley stepped forward in a flaming fury. Her firebolts lashed out over Charlize at the slaver, now unprotected by his shield thanks to Father Vikkers. The creature screamed and smoked as it flailed its tentacles.

Then it glared at Ashley with a wide, malevolent grin. Though it smoked, it appeared completely unharmed.

“You will make a most excellent slave, my magnificent beauty!” the splugorth’s slimy voice slithered into Ashlyn’s ears. “Perhaps I will sit you here beside my pride and joy!” He layed a clawed hand on Charlize’s should, stroking her blonde hair..
Note
Pausing here, as Karsk and Lenny still have the opportunity to interrupt before Charlize and the Spluggorth go. I will resolve Thomas after that. Brianna, you may want to redo your action. The Altaran you attacked is currently unconscious. You may, of course, keep your action and we’ll call it a coup de grace. But I wanted to give you the opportunity, since you haven’t technically gone yet. But Charlize and the Spluggorth will go before you.
OOC Comments

Pasture AWW First Strike 2 Fail
Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
Charlie Soak 2 Fail
Vigor [dice]1[/dice]
Wild [dice]2[/dice]
Splugorth Soak Ashley’s first firebolt 21 soaks all 4 wounds
Vigor [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice]
Splugorth Soak Ashley’s second firebolt 10 soaks both wounds
Vigor [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Splugorth Soak Ashley’s third firebolt 4 soaked the wound
Vigor [dice]9[/dice]
Wild [dice]10[/dice]
Combat Notes
Please check the list of conditions above.

Initiative:

*Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes after first round) Agi 15
*Vik Agi 9 (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r)
*Ashley Agi 8 (Armor 2r)
Charlize WC Agility 7 (2nlw, sh)
Splugorth Slaver Agility 5 (shield down until his turn)
Thomas Agi 3
Charlemagne Agi 2
Brianna Agi 2
Karsk (Quick) HOLD
Leonard (Quick) HOLD
AWW x 4 KD
  • SW AWW - unconscious
Civilians (no card)

Enemies:

Allies and Extras:
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
Map
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/8
Splugorth Bennies: 0/2
Charlize Bennies: 1/2
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Maintaining Exalted TK 24/35 ISP Effective strength 1d12+2
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice] original cast
[dice]1[/dice]
Fear 17
OOC Comments
[dice]2[/dice] [dice]6[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
Agility 14
OOC Comments
[dice]4[/dice] [dice]7[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice] [dice]8[/dice]

Karsk reaches out with his mind, not scared in the slightest of the Slaver, and tries to rip him out of the barge now the shield was down.
Telekinesis 9 vs spirit to resist
OOC Comments
[dice]9[/dice]
[dice]10[/dice]
benny for EE [dice]11[/dice]
Leonard IV

Post by Leonard IV »

Fear/Agi Check
Fear [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
EE [dice]4[/dice]
Total 5

Agility [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total: 14/13 (Forgot to Include -1 from Armor penalty)
Contengenciy Movement
Leo will move 1" (Difficult Terrain, so costs 2") into the brush directly northeast of his current location. If, however, Leo cannot make a TK melee attack against the Slaver with his Altess Eviscerator, he will instead move 5" directly north, between Ashely and Vik. He will also drop prone if he can still maintain sight on the Slaver.
On the approach, Leo swallows his reservations regarding the manifestation of his awesome psionic potential -not that he particularly hid them well anyways- feely channeling his preternatural manipulation of gravitational forces.

If this creature is half as bad as Thomas made out, I'll need every ounce of strength I have -- no matter the stigma . . .

Although his allies seemed ambivalent one way or another, Leo was still wary of brandishing his psionics, especially in the presence of newfound compatriots. Taking a breath, Leo closes his eyes as the faintest outline of power shines brilliantly around his form, his ears swaying gently against the forces of terrestrial gravity. Opening his eyes, they now glow with a radiant, otherworldly energy that has completely consumed any remnant of his frosted-blue irises.
Prepatory Psionics
Psionics [dice]6[/dice] (Forgot to Include -1 from Armor penalty)
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
The hair-raising admixture of anxious nausea and psionic invigoration, courtesy of the ambient energy emanating from the ley line, was tatting Leo's innards as Karsk effortlessly guided the watercraft to shore. As they disembarked, the dreadful visage of the Slaver's hideous mucosity nearly crippled Leo's gentle resolve. Steeling himself, Leo recalled the solemn duty that was his birthright, shirking the sanity rending implications of the Slaver's manufacture to the recesses of his consciousness. He could cower later.

Emboldened by the swiftness of his allies leaping into the foray, Leo, momentarily reassured by Marvin's proximity towards the civilians, wields the obtuse blade strapped to his back with the telekinetic forces emanating from his being. Bracing himself as the force projectiles rippled across the surface of a magical barrier, Leo sends his blade careening across the field to engage the Slaver as the protective layer flickers into nothingness.
Action
TK Melee Attack with Altess Eviscerator: Action held until after Vik drops the barrier [-1 Visibility, +2 Size] (Forgot to Include -1 from Armor penalty)
Psionics [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Leo IV

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Scene modifiers:
Round 1.3

Karsk reached out with his mind in an attempt to yank the splugorth from his barge. But the slimy monstrosity didn’t move. He just laughed at the Simvan’s pathetic attempts!
Splugorth Spirit to resist TK 25
Spirit [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]

Leo moved up to get line of sight on the splugorth and dropped prone between Ashley and Vic. His sword sailed out toward the slaver.

Then Leo felt like something...snapped in his brain. His mind gave a long howl of burning pain. The Eviscerator slammed into the side of the barge.

Ow! You idiot! the sword snapped at Leo.
Ashley, Charlemagne, Vic, Leo, Brianna, and Karsk
You all need to make a Spirit roll vs TN 4. Failure leaves you Shaken.
Note: I know there’s a bit of disagreement on if you can brain burn a TK Fighting roll. I have submitted the situation to the GM Cabal here on the site, and to Clint, but I didn’t want to hold things up while we awaited a ruling, since I am going on vacation next week. So I went with my gut ruling. If I am wrong, everyone will get a benny and we will know for the future.
Technical Difficulties on the Altess Eviscerator 5 Serious Problem: The sword applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used until repaired.
[dice]6[/dice]

“Kill them! Kill them!” the Splugorth shouted, pointing with his staff. “Start with that burster!”

Charlize shook off the effects of Vic’s assault and hauled herself up. She leapt down off of the barge and raced through the fleeing villagers to near her unconscious sister before she opened up with her forearm blasters on Ashley. Then she ducked behind one of the houses.
Charlize recover from Shaken 6
Combat Reflexes +2, Command (from slaver) +1, -2 Wounds
Spirit [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]8[/dice]
EDIT: I feel Charlize would know that plasma is useless against Ashley as a burster, so changing this to the mental incapacitator. But she only gets the first shot then. Ashley needs to make a Vigor roll or be shaken. It's technically MBT, so I will say it just caught her in the edge and no one else. But if Vik, Leo, Charlemagne, and Brianna want a benny, they can say they got caught in the effect as well and roll Vigor to avoid shaken.
Two forearm blasters 4, 6 both hit
Two-fisted, Ambidextrous
Shooting [dice]9[/dice]
Wild [dice]10[/dice]
Shooting [dice]11[/dice]
Wild [dice]12[/dice]
Damage 16, 18 Shaken
[dice]13[/dice]
[dice]14[/dice]

The splugorth grinned wickedly and twirled his staff around as his shield shimmered back into existence. And then the splugorth and barge disappeared.
True Invisibility 5
-2 MAP
Spellcasting [dice]15[/dice]
Wild [dice]16[/dice]
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting [dice]19[/dice]
Wild [dice]20[/dice]
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting [dice]22[/dice]
Wild [dice]23[/dice]
Greater Obscure 3 Fail
-2 MAP
Spellcasting [dice]17[/dice]
Wild [dice]18[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]21[/dice]

Brianna rushed forward and executed the unconscious Altaran.

Thomas, Charlemagne
Since the situation has changed with the splugorth going invisible, I want to give Thomas the opportunity to redo his action (I moved him, but we can move him back), since he doesn’t have anyone to target with his illusion. Charlemagne did his self-buffs but can take his action now. Then I will finish the round with the Altaran’s turn.
Combat Notes
Initiative:

*Ashley Agi 8 (Armor 2r)
*Karsk (Quick) Agi 14 (exalted TK)
*Leonard (Quick) Agi 13 (TK)
*Charlize WC Agility 7 (2nlw)
*Splugorth Slaver Agility 5 (True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26)
Thomas Agi 3
Charlemagne Agi 2
*Brianna Agi 2
AWW x 4 KD
  • SW AWW - unconscious
Civilians (no card)

Enemies:

Allies and Extras:
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
Map
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 4/8
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley grunts as Leo's psionic scream washes over her, but she stays focused. Her time being 'trained' in Psi-Bat helps, in a terrible kind of way, as she is no stranger to psychics in distress.

The Splugorth weapon then hits, and she gasps and puts her hands to her head as her brain and nervous system light up with artificially induced pain! With a grimace, she forces herself to ignore her own senses.

"You're gonna hafta do better than that," the burster growls.
Rolls: Spirit 9, Vigor 5
Spirit to resist brain burn: [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]

Vigor to resist incapacitator weapon: [dice]2[/dice] or [dice]3[/dice]
Vik

Post by Vik »

Spirit 5, Vigor 4
Spirit vs. psychic scream [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice] = Success

Taking a Benny and resisting the mental incapacitator
Vigor [dice]2[/dice] = Success
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Vik grimaces as Leo lets out his psychic scream.

"Oy, Hairy, you chauncey git. Your brain squeals like a little girl. Makin' me hungover, wif'out even buying me a drink," he says, shaking his head to clear the cobwebs.

Seconds later, his chest tightens up as Charlize bombards the area with some sort of slaver weapon.

"Gods damn it, Charlie, watch where you're pointing! I'm tryna 'pologize here, and you're spraying me wif that Sploogie knockout gun. Just stand still and let me shoot you! It ain't gonna hurt much and I'll explain everything after!" Vik hollers as he readies Father Vickers for another volley.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Notice 13 or 5 to spot the barge
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice] ace [dice]4[/dice]
benny for extra effort [dice]11[/dice]
Spirit 20
OOC Comments
[dice]2[/dice] ace [dice]5[/dice] [dice]7[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice] [dice]6[/dice] [dice]8[/dice]
Karsk shrugs off the effects of Leo's brainburn like they were nothing. He cast his eyes around, looking around for the slaver barge, spotting the shrunken depression just below

"Karsk sees it." he reaches out with his mind to ensnare a few creatures to surround the barge, but the creatures were not having any of it.

Psionics - Beast friend 2
[dice]9[/dice]
[dice]10[/dice]

"The creatures are too scared to go anywhere near it, but Karsk sees it is over there," he points to where he spotted it
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Spirit and Vigor
Spirit to resist Brainburn
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Spirit
[dice]1[/dice]

Vigor to resist Incapacitator
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Vigor
[dice]3[/dice]
Charlemagne prepares to launch himself towards the slaver's barge after seeing the bombardment of burster-fire yield no effect. He barks orders to the group. "Focus your efforts on the slaver! Mount a char-!" His words stick in his throat as Leonard's psychic scream washes over him. He shakes off the feeling, only to be caught in the incapacitator's blast. He lets out a growl, then continues on his path. "Your foul darts will not avail you against the will of the cyber-knight! Face justice, vermin!" He speeds himself in the direction of the barge...until it vanishes. "Fan out and converge upon that location. Invisible though it may be, it cannot escape us if it is surrounded. I have the left flank!"
As announced, he breaks wide left, speeding towards the Altaran at the northwest of the village. As he flies, his twin psi-swords spring forth from his hands, the blades more focused in order to damage even the heaviest armors.
Fighting
Activating twin psi-swords, 2 ISP for MD
Fighting 1
[dice]4[/dice]

WD Fighting 1
[dice]5[/dice]

Damage with raise - Fighting 1
[dice]10[/dice] (Strength and 1d6 raise)
[dice]11[/dice] (3x Spirit)
Total damage: 26 AP 4: 5 wounds

Fighting 2
[dice]6[/dice]

WD Fighting 2
[dice]7[/dice]

Damage with raise - Fighting 2
[dice]12[/dice] (Strength and 1d6 raise)
[dice]13[/dice] (3x Spirit)
Total damage: 22 AP 4: 3 wounds

Improved Frenzy - Miss
[dice]8[/dice]

WD Frenzy
[dice]9[/dice]

Notice
[dice]14[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]15[/dice]
Charlemagne swoops down on his prey, twin blades slicing through the smoke and carnage. Two of the three blows catch the warrior woman flush, driving her to the ground in a heap. He looks around for signs of more enemies, or innocents he can protect. "Fight on, my faithful friends! Ashley, are you engaged, or are you able to address the burning homes? Let us save both the people and their habitation, if we may!"
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Current Status:
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

The mid night howl of a dog in pain... last time I went that I woke up in the back of a Mk. V troop hauler. They are probably still picking up the bones and grisle... I hope they are treating you alright Lenny.
Mr. Marvin welcomes the shadow like an old friend he motions for the captured townsfolk to get low hopefully less of a target. It would be just my luck if all these nice folks were under the influence of the disappeared Slaver... I’ve done worse for far less.
Bennies
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Seeing the Barge go invisible worries Thomas a lot. Thinking to himself that he knew he should have stayed out of this crap he was not a warrior or battle mage. He was a politician. His job is to talk to people so they know they are happy with what they get, not to chase morons around battlefields.
He then slowly crawls staying in hiding about 18' east of his current location looking for the Splugorth Slaver.
Exalted Detect Arcana 5 success, Exalted Farsight 9 raise, Notice 5 to spot Splugorth, ignores -2 is penalties and ignores True Invisability
Adding a -2 MAP For EX Farsight and EX Detect Arcana
Was originally Deadly Illusion now roll is being used for Activate Ex Detect Arcana
Ex Detect Arcana (add -2 MAP)
Spellcasting [dice]36461:4[/dice]
Wild [dice]36461:5[/dice]
Extra Effort not needed for Detect Arcana, took benny back

Farsight Roll (add -2 MAP)
Spellcasting [dice]36461:6[/dice]
Wild [dice]36461:7[/dice] Ace [dice]36461:11[/dice]

Notice to see slaver no penalty for True Invisibility
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Condition
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Personal PPE: 4/20

Active Effects
    Exalted Detect Arcana
    Exalted Farsight w/Raise
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +0 Extra Effort to activate Deadly Illusion on Slaver (canceled as failed roll actions changed)
    Edit: +1 GM Birthday.
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Brianna

Post by Brianna »

OOC Comments
Brainburn
Spirit: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
In the blast for a benny.
Spirit: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
Running up to finish the Altaran she is paused by the blast. Screaming she surges forward ignoring the pain of it. As the Altaran falls she cleaves the head from the downed warrior. Not so much as pausing to think about the death she continues on. I wonder why they do not go for the jugular when making their strikes. Only a fool would leave demon behind you alive lest it get back up and strike you down. I have lost too many companions that foolishly thought incapacitating them is job enough.
Leonard IV

Post by Leonard IV »

Psychic Scream Save
Spirit [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Leo hardly notices the spite associated with the piercing psychic feedback, unleashed after the woeful deluge of energies emanating from the ley line, combined with the hideous stress of the situation, created a surging impedance that overcame his usual tolerances.

A trickle of sanguine dripped from his nose as Leo regained his senses, only to be met with a wave of raw neural agony.
Incapacitator Save
Vigor [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Despite the absurd levels of unpleasantness jolting through his nervous system, Leo maintains his grasp on consciousness by the skin of his teeth as he muscles through the worst of the Atlantean tech. On the verge of hyperventilating, Leo clenches his jaws, the rapid exhalations forcing their way through his closed lips as several anguished tears fall from the corners of his eyes.
Leo IV

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Scene modifiers:
Round 1.4

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him.

Charlemagne diverted to one of the Altarans and cut her down easily.

Thomas crept further along the treeline, activating his magic so he could locate the invisible slaver.

The two Altaran slavers on the east end of the village moved toward the interlopers. One raised her twin blasters and fired at Charlemagne.
Shooting -1, 10 1 hit with raise
Deflection -4, Cyberkinetics -2
Shooting [dice]0[/dice]
Shooting [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for EE [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Damage 8 MD No damage
[dice]4[/dice] + [dice]5[/dice]
One of the hits splattered against Charlemagne’s armor, but failed to penetrate.

The other Altaran took aim at Marvin, who was near the captured civilians.
Shooting 7, 0 1 hit
Uncanny Reflexes -2
Shooting [dice]6[/dice]
Shooting [dice]7[/dice]
Benny for EE [dice]8[/dice]
Damage 12 Plasma ignores armor, so that is 1 Wound
[dice]9[/dice] + [dice]10[/dice]
The hot plasma splattered against the psi-stalker, finding the chinks in his armor and burning into his flesh.

The civilians around Marvin began to stir, glassy-eyed.

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*Ashley Agi 8 (Armor 2r)
*Karsk (Quick) Agi 14 (exalted TK)
*Leonard (Quick) Agi 13 (TK)
*Charlize WC Agility 7 (2nlw)
*Splugorth Slaver Agility 5 (True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26)
*Thomas Agi 3
*Charlemagne Agi 2 Deflection -4, cyberkinetic -2
*Brianna Agi 2
*AWW x 2 KD
*Civilians (no card)

Enemies:

Allies and Extras:
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
Map
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 2/8
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Scene modifiers:
Round 2

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him.

OOC Comments
GM got 2 Jokers this round. Two more Bennies for Charlie and the Slaver!
The Altarans continued through the crowd toward Charlemagne and Marvin, firing their forearm blasters once more.
Shooting vs Charlemagne 2, -3
Deflection -4, Cyberkinetics -2, -1 visibility, +2 Joker
Shooting [dice]0[/dice]
Shooting [dice]1[/dice]
Shooting vs Marvin 4, 2
Uncanny Reflexes -2, -1 visibility, +2 Joker
Shooting [dice]2[/dice]
Shooting [dice]3[/dice]
Damage vs Marvin 25 MD, ignores non-FEP armor; 4 Wounds
+2 Joker
[dice]26[/dice]
Ace [dice]27[/dice]
The shots missed Charlemagne, but Marvin took a bad hit that boiled around his armor.

The civilians around Marvin suddenly surged up, obeying the telepathic commands of their new master. They had no weapons, but they swarmed over the psi-stalker.
Grappling 9, 9, 6, 10, 6, 11 Marvin needs to make 6 opposed Fighting rolls
-2 Uncanny Reflexes, Gang up +4, +2 Joker
Fighting [dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Fighting [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Fighting [dice]6[/dice]
Fighting [dice]7[/dice]
Ace [dice]12[/dice]
Fighting [dice]8[/dice]
Fighting [dice]9[/dice]
Ace [dice]13[/dice]

“I’m sorry, Vik,” Charlize said. “I tried to fight, to resist. I’m still trying...” The wounded Altaran darted around the house she hid behind and charged at Brianna, vibro-knives glinting with the nearby firelight.
Fighting vs Brianna 6, 15, 6; 1 hit with raise
-2 Wounds, Improved Frenzy
Fighting [dice]14[/dice]
Wild [dice]15[/dice]
Ace [dice]20[/dice]
Fighting [dice]16[/dice]
Ace [dice]21[/dice]
Wild [dice]17[/dice]
Fighting [dice]18[/dice]
Wild [dice]19[/dice]
Damage vs Briana 26 AP 4, MD; 2 Wounds
Fervor, Raise
[dice]22[/dice] + [dice]23[/dice]
Ace [dice]24[/dice]
Ace [dice]25[/dice]
Summary
  • Marvin needs to soak 4 Wounds.
  • Marvin needs to make 6 Fighting rolls to avoid being grappled.
  • Brianna needs to soak 2 Wounds.
  • Charlemagne, Thomas, Brianna, Leonard, Karsk, and Marvin are up!
Combat Notes
Initiative:

*AWW x 2 (Quick) Joker
*Civilians Joker
*Charlize WC (Quick, 2nlw) AS
Charlemagne (GBT Fighting, Deflection -4 3r, cyberkinetic -2) AD
Thomas (exalted detect arcana, exalted farsight) QH
Brianna QC
Leonard (Quick, TK, prone) JD
Karsk (Quick, exalted TK 2r) 10S
Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes) 8H 9D
Splugorth Slaver WC (Improved Level Headed, True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26) 9C 5H 8D
Vik (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r) 3C
Ashley (Armor 2r) 2D

Enemies:
Civilians: Parry:4; Toughness: 5

Allies and Extras:
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
Map
GM Notes
Splugorth Bennies: 2/2
Charlize Bennies: 3/2
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Marvin
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Marvin »

Benny Soak +2 with Elan [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1
Say it ain’t so
Blaze forth coming
Mr. Marvin just grins as the flames wash over him. ” Is that all you got? Splash make her pay!” His skin burns and singes until he is covered with a nice thick char. I am dead either way, no way Splash is going to eat this bbq.

He laughs when the bodies of the townsfolk pile up on him. I wonder if Vik is going to make some quip about a sport know one ever plays. At the bottom of the scrum Mr. Marvin sends his modified juicer rig into overdrive. Here comes something you have never seen! AHHHHH. There is a brief howl and a small pop. Then a wave of energy erupts hitting the dog pile. Time to make my exit. You’ll have to eat me latter Splashman. Tommy, I’ll snack on you later... 606A Diamond Hotel Dweomer... Until then. If anyone were to look underneath the scrum he is just gone. All that remains is a pile of ash.
Karsk
A small note: Wish you well Splashman. Don’t eat too many stalkers.
Bennies
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Scene modifiers:
Round 2.1

As Marvin’s psychic juicer rig overloads, the civilians piling on him jerk and spasm. From the backs of their necks, writhing worms wriggle and fall with tiny wails of pain, shriveling and smoking as the psychic backlash fries them.

The civilians pause and look around in confusion, muttering with fear as they watch their burning village and fleeing fellow townspeople. They turned to join them in their flight into the fields.
Summary
  • Civilians are now all free of the Splugorth mind control.
  • Brianna needs to soak 2 Wounds.
  • Charlemagne, Thomas, Brianna, Leonard, and Karsk are up!
Combat Notes
Initiative:

*AWW x 2 (Quick) Joker
*Charlize WC (Quick, 2nlw) AS
Charlemagne (GBT Fighting, Deflection -4 3r, cyberkinetic -2) AD
Thomas (exalted detect arcana, exalted farsight) QH
Brianna QC
Leonard (Quick, TK, prone) JD
Karsk (Quick, exalted TK 2r) 10S
Splugorth Slaver WC (Improved Level Headed, True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26) 9C 5H 8D
Vik (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r) 3C
Ashley (Armor 2r) 2D

Enemies:
Civilians: Parry:4; Toughness: 5

Allies and Extras:
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
Map
GM Notes
Splugorth Bennies: 2/2
Charlize Bennies: 3/2
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Noticed Slaver, Slaver Must resists Slumber at -4, Slaver Must resist Mind Control of 6
Notice d8, Exalted Detect Arcana brings invisibility to +0, raise on Exalted Farsight doubles range of powers, armor ignores two points of illumination penalty.
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort, because failure here would let us die [dice]6[/dice]

Spellcasting 1d8+1, -2 MAP
GREATER SLUMBER (-4 PPE)
Spell Casting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice]

MIND CONTROL (Just in case) -6 PPE
Spell Casting [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Benny to reroll
  • Spellcasting [dice]8[/dice]
    Wild [dice]9[/dice]
    Benny to reroll
    • Spellcasting [dice]10[/dice]
      Wild [dice]11[/dice]
Cursing his luck Thomas knows this is terrible. That thing will kill everyone here if something does not happen and these noble fools will keep dying for no reason.
Reaching out with his power he sends a volley of mental assaults at the Splugorth Slaver, first trying to force it to fall asleep then failing that trying to ensure it falls under his control. Hoping that at least one of them will get through the creatures defenses.
His voice like a smooth embrace comes out, and then begins echoing in the slavers min. 'You need to gather intelligence, go fully on defense and do not attack or harm anyone. Hope they forget you.'
Condition
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 6/10 (casts greater slumber)
Amulet PPE: 4/10 (casts mind control)

Active Effects
    Exalted Detect Arcana
    Exalted Farsight w/Raise
Bennies 0
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +0 Extra Effort to activate Deadly Illusion on Slaver (canceled as failed roll actions changed)
    Edit: +1 GM Birthday.
    -1 Extra Effort on Notice to see slug
    -1 Extra Effort on Greater Slumber
    -1 Reroll Mind Control
    -1 Reroll Mind Control
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Charlemagne's actions
Notice
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

Move to northern AWW - Fighting 1
[dice]2[/dice]

Damage
[dice]8[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]
Ace Spirit Damage - d10 with total prior
[dice]10[/dice]
Ace Str Damage
[dice]11[/dice]
2nd Ace Str damage with prior
[dice]12[/dice]

WD Fighting
[dice]3[/dice]

Fighting 2
[dice]4[/dice]

WD Fighting 2
[dice]5[/dice]

Improved Frenzy
[dice]6[/dice]

WD IF
[dice]7[/dice]
Charlemagne doesn't slow his flight as he wallops the first Altaran in a fly-by strike. Taking a quick glance, he banks right, finding another target and swooping in. Over the radio, he calls out orders. "Ashley, that monster is invisible, but still takes up space. I fear that the buildings must pay the price if the villagers are to be saved. Can you force the fires to expel more smoke? If we can at least get an outline of our foe, we can concentrate our attacks on him!" He punctuates his order with two feints, confusing the Altaran's guard. The final strike lands impeccably, driving the warrior woman to the earth with devastating force. "For the Holy Ro...Tomorrow Legion!"
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Current Status:
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness