Super Spy IF

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Super Spy IF

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Iconic Framework Super Spy
  • License to Kill
    • Super Spy always enjoys a certain level of preternatural capabilities, but she also has moments where she can completely unleash her potential by going just ape shit on her quarry. Throwing caution to the wind and shoving rational thought to the back of her mind, a Super spy sees red gaining the effects of being Berserk (as per the Edge). This can be done at will, as an action. While she in this heightened combat state, the Super Spy is Fearless (see Monstrous Abilities in Savage Worlds), making her immune to Fear and Intimidation. While in this state, she cannot use her psionic abilities, nor anything requiring concentration.
  • What Have I Become
    • A Super Spy comes finishes License to Kill with a standard Smarts roll for Berserk. Then she's critically hampered by one or more psychological Hindrances. The game effect is a −2 to all Trait rolls for the duration of Getting It Together. From a roleplaying perspective, this could be wracking guilt, crippling depression, irrational fear, rampaging delusions, or any number of other effects which fit the character's various Hindrances and other issues. The duration of the penalty is based on the results of the Smarts roll made to come out of the License to Kill state in the first place:
      • Raise: She only spends 1d6 minutes Getting It Together.
      • Success: She spends 1d6 × 10 minutes in the Getting It Together state.
      • Failure: She spends 1d6 hours Getting It Together.
      • Critical Failure: She spends the next 24 hours Getting It Together.
      A Super Spy may not employ License to Kill while in the What Have I Become state.
  • Thought You Were Dead: After a good night sleep and a sensual massage this super spy is ready for more despite the poinding he has taken. Make a natural healing roll once every 24 hours.
  • Heroic Build: Super Spies gain +2 die types to Agility, Strength, and Vigor. These traits have no maximum.
  • Unstoppable: Super Spy’s double their base Pace.
  • Sherlock Scan: Super Spies gain +2 to Notice and Tracking rolls. They also ignore two points of Range penalties.
  • The S in super,
    • ab psionics and d6 in psionics
      • Spell list for any AB is the following :armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior's gift.
    • Combat Pragmatist: Super Spies begin with the Quick Edge.
    • Made of iron: Super Spies require only half the normal amount of sleep, and gain +4 on all checks to resist Fatigue.
    • Double Entendre: Super Spies have uncanny way of make everything have a double meaning, granting them a −2 to be hit as long as they are aware of the attack.
    • Complications:
      • Perpetual Frowner: Super Spies have a scowl even when they try to smile.
      • Only 1 S in super: No magic allowed.
      • Nerveous Wreck: Super Spies live in a constant state of heightened adrenaline and awareness desperately trying to out adventure some kind of deep seeded trama. Perhaps something from their childhood or their past. During particular slow periods, the Game Master may call for a Spirit roll. Failure means the Super Spy gains −2 Charisma as she becomes irritable and impatient. She also suffers a −1 to all Trait rolls from the distraction of her frenzied mind, until some kind of high alert status or action kicks in.
      • Bryonic Hero: Super Spies suffer from severe emotional problems often brought on from a dark troubled past, revenge served too cold, morality of the job, and or lost loved ones. From the start (and for no added benefit), the character gains a psychological or emotional Hindrance determined by rolling on the Psyche Degradation Table. Representing the constant degradation of the Super Spies psychological state, the character gains an additional Hindrance from the table each time she achieves a new Rank.
        • 1 Bloodthirsty: “Bathing in the blood of my enemies” has the potential to become a disturbing reality for a Super Spy with this Hindrance. Her friends may need to keep her on a tight leash in some cases. Re-roll if the character already has this Hindrance.
        • 2 Delusional (Major): This can be fun and wacky, but it can also lead to some very dire circumstances with tragic results. Super Spies may suffer from more than one delusion.
        • 3 Mania (Major): A fairly full catalog of potential psychological or emotional issues can emanate from this result, which the Super Spy may get multiple times over the course of her career. Mania is explained in the New Hindrances section (see page 66).
        • 4 Monologuer: Snappy patter or constant raving can sometimes take a Super Spy’s mind completely over for a moment, stopping her from accomplishing anything else. Re-roll if the character already has this Hindrance. Monologuer is explained in the New Hindrances section (see page 66).
        • 5 Overconfident: A Super Spy with this Hindrance makes adrenaline junkies look positively sedate. Re-roll if the character already has this Hindrance.
        • 6 Phobia (Major): Fearless in most circumstances, a Super Spy can have one or more things that absolutely terrify her beyond any rational understanding.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Super Spy IF

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

This is one of my favorite OCCs. I am looking for some help reviewing the S in Super, and the complication aspect of it: Only 1 S in super.
Attachments
FA68AB9E-15A2-423E-BCE5-7DD262D5280C.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Jon.

I love the super spy colour you put into the re-trapped Crazy.

As for translating the occ, I always thought a super spy was a shady skill character with an edge: cybernetics, psionics, magic, etc. So in some ways it sounds to me more like a MARS PCO with the appropriate selections of AB or cybernetics.

Is this a better translation?

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Venatus Vinco wrote:Jon.

I love the super spy colour you put into the re-trapped Crazy.

As for translating the occ, I always thought a super spy was a shady skill character with an edge: cybernetics, psionics, magic, etc. So in some ways it sounds to me more like a MARS PCO with the appropriate selections of AB or cybernetics.

Is this a better translation?

VV
Of course you can do it THAT way. I was just looking for some feedback on the S is super portion to see if it made sense and was balanced.

I just really liked some of the aspects of the crazy, the going beserk in a flash has such a visceral moment to it that it reminds of James Bond... Only to realize later what you had done. The attribute boosts are pretty awesome as well. I thought that playing with the 2 edges worth of arcane background and skill might be a fun way to allow for the other options seen in the OCC.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

For the Super-Spy OCC, VV is right, it's basically MARS with an AB being part of the Package.

But what you have is a decent super-soldier (ala Heroes Unlimited). Think Wolverine without the claws. Or Batman with an actual rage and regeneration feature (which btw even in this I'd call "Bring the Pain" not berserk button; What have I become is good though)
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The S in Super is cool.

From my experience running supers SPC powers might run away from you fast and overbalance the IF. Hard to say for sure though.

If you're going for James Bond "Berserk Button" might be "License to Kill".

VV
Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

High Command wrote:For the Super-Spy OCC, VV is right, it's basically MARS with an AB being part of the Package.

But what you have is a decent super-soldier (ala Heroes Unlimited). Think Wolverine without the claws. Or Batman with an actual rage and regeneration feature (which btw even in this I'd call "Bring the Pain" not berserk button; What have I become is good though)
I would hope it is a decent super soldier because it is the crazy IF. I made the name change. Any thoughts on the S in Super options?

I made a super spy as a MARS and it was not very exciting. I enjoyed doing the one here.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Nice VV went with License to Kill!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Venatus Vinco wrote:The S in Super is cool.

From my experience running supers SPC powers might run away from you fast and overbalance the IF. Hard to say for sure though.

If you're going for James Bond "Berserk Button" might be "License to Kill".

VV
Yeah I was not 100% about the supers option. I tossed it in just because the OCC has it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Maybe just make AB Super Powers (Core) one of the options with two powers or a d8 skill or something.

VV
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

S in Super also makes sure you don't end up with a Grackletooth super spy by locking in either ABs or Cybernetics.

VV
Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Venatus Vinco wrote:S in Super also makes sure you don't end up with a Grackletooth super spy by locking in either ABs or Cybernetics.

VV
True but I do not have a problem with it because they cannot be anything other than what they are.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Venatus Vinco wrote:Maybe just make AB Super Powers (Core) one of the options with two powers or a d8 skill or something.

VV
Yeah I can do that too, AB superpowers and a d6 in the skill.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Archive”