Attachments
96 yards.png
96 yards.png (60.86 KiB) Viewed 40425 times
GM Universal Bennies: 2
Beowulf85
Game Master

Re: Out of Character Chatter

Post by Beowulf85 »

If anyone would care to double check my trigonometry, feel free.

Divide yards by 2 to see how much pace it takes to cover the distance.
Attachments
96 yards.png
96 yards.png (52.96 KiB) Viewed 40425 times
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

In other words:
Attachments
96 yards.png
96 yards.png (48.48 KiB) Viewed 40425 times
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Chevy wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote:Also worth noting, the Bop's optimal speed is 352 yards/round.
352 = 176 pace = 3.7 large hexes
That being said you probably can't drive at optimal speed unless on a well paved highway. Cut that speed in half on rough terrain, and much much slower again if you plan on going through the water.
Okay, I checked the SW Deluxe book and found this on Pg. 58:
Acc/Top Speed is the vehicle’s Acceleration and Top Speed in inches per round. The Top Speed of vehicles is set for battlefields (not the open highway, where they can usually double their speed). They’re adapted to work on the table-top, which means they’re not entirely realistic but work well for the game. Top Speed is typically half the vehicle’s operational speed for military vehicles, or one-quarter speed for civilian cars. Acceleration varies far more widely—use the examples from the Vehicle Table as a guide.
Seeing as how one game inch equals two yards, that gives the Bop an acceleration of 20 yards per round and a combat top speed of 100 yards per round. For sake of argument, let's say Chevy was cruising at about 40 yards/round, or using the scale on the map, 10 hexes/round. He can accelerate to 15 hexes/round this turn, or roughly the edge of one of the large hexes. That places the Brodkil firmly inside the missile launcher's Medium range (-2 to Shooting, offset by the Bop's Sensor Suite).

Math is hard. Let's shoot something.
It appears I stand corrected and the SWD already did some of the math for me, so you can do 176 pace per round off road and double that on road.

Tally ho!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

In somewhat-related news, I did a PDF search of the SW Deluxe and Savage Rifts books and failed to find any reference to mapping real-world measurements to Size.

Anyone have a source for that?
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 4
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Chevy wrote:In somewhat-related news, I did a PDF search of the SW Deluxe and Savage Rifts books and failed to find any reference to mapping real-world measurements to Size.

I was looking for one as well, I do not think that one exists. Size rating doesn't even seem to necessarily reflect physical measurements either, as AwkTech has a larger size than the Bop, but the Bop's physical measurements are actually bigger.

I'm pretty sure size rating is just for calculating bonuses to armor and bonuses/penalties to hit. I went back to RUE to find teh actual measurements of the Bop.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote:
Chevy wrote:In somewhat-related news, I did a PDF search of the SW Deluxe and Savage Rifts books and failed to find any reference to mapping real-world measurements to Size.

I was looking for one as well, I do not think that one exists. Size rating doesn't even seem to necessarily reflect physical measurements either, as AwkTech has a larger size than the Bop, but the Bop's physical measurements are actually bigger.

I'm pretty sure size rating is just for calculating bonuses to armor and bonuses/penalties to hit. I went back to RUE to find teh actual measurements of the Bop.
Care to share? :)
Chevy
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Beowulf85 wrote:
Chevy wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote:Also worth noting, the Bop's optimal speed is 352 yards/round.
352 = 176 pace = 3.7 large hexes
That being said you probably can't drive at optimal speed unless on a well paved highway. Cut that speed in half on rough terrain, and much much slower again if you plan on going through the water.
Okay, I checked the SW Deluxe book and found this on Pg. 58:
Acc/Top Speed is the vehicle’s Acceleration and Top Speed in inches per round. The Top Speed of vehicles is set for battlefields (not the open highway, where they can usually double their speed). They’re adapted to work on the table-top, which means they’re not entirely realistic but work well for the game. Top Speed is typically half the vehicle’s operational speed for military vehicles, or one-quarter speed for civilian cars. Acceleration varies far more widely—use the examples from the Vehicle Table as a guide.
Seeing as how one game inch equals two yards, that gives the Bop an acceleration of 20 yards per round and a combat top speed of 100 yards per round. For sake of argument, let's say Chevy was cruising at about 40 yards/round, or using the scale on the map, 10 hexes/round. He can accelerate to 15 hexes/round this turn, or roughly the edge of one of the large hexes. That places the Brodkil firmly inside the missile launcher's Medium range (-2 to Shooting, offset by the Bop's Sensor Suite).

Math is hard. Let's shoot something.
It appears I stand corrected and the SWD already did some of the math for me, so you can do 176 pace per round off road and double that on road.

Tally ho!
We both stand corrected as per TLPG P. 97
"All-Terrain: The driver suffers no penalties for difficult terrain, and each inch of difficult terrain counts as 1.5” instead of 2”"

Thus the speed listed (120 mph, 176 pace) is actually the Bop's highway speed. It's offroading speed is 2/3 of that (80 mph, 117 pace).

I think this supersedes the ruleing in SWD because the vehicle's speed is identical to the one listed in RUE, and RUE lists actual top speeds. The speed was ported over at a 1:1 ratio then they created a rule for converting speeds when offroading with ATVs.

Architect

Post by Architect »

Aaron,

See the first page of AwkTek's profile. Under Edges it is in small print. --> Clairvoyance, Mind Reading, Telepathy
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Beowulf85 wrote: Chevy - 4C

Chevy seems more in his element while on patrol than he did back at the castle. A twist in the current catches his eye and he spots a point where the Bop should be able to ford the river. It'll cut his speed down to 1/3 but should be much faster than going around, and may allow the Bop to get in the boy's path if he's able to make it to the river.
Could you note in the map where the ford is? It'll be helpful in deciding where to head the Bop to.
Chevy
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Thanks for mathing it out with visuals. I'm simple minded. Got it now.

If Chevy takes the bridge I may have to jump out. Try to get to kid (over time) or maybe the Brodkil Nasties. Swing two Pis Swords around over my head and see if I can sound crazier than a Crazie. Regardless at some point it'll be a race to see who can enter the fray first, young Spook or old knight ;)

Whats that? Zima beat us to it? but.......
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Seth Merikh wrote:Thanks for mathing it out with visuals. I'm simple minded. Got it now.

If Chevy takes the bridge I may have to jump out. Try to get to kid (over time) or maybe the Brodkil Nasties. Swing two Pis Swords around over my head and see if I can sound crazier than a Crazie. Regardless at some point it'll be a race to see who can enter the fray first, young Spook or old knight ;)

Hold on a bit longer. Based on Aaron's description, Chevy found a fordable point in the river. It's Slip 'n' Slide time! :D
Chevy
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

AwkTech wrote:Aaron,

See the first page of AwkTek's profile. Under Edges it is in small print. --> Clairvoyance, Mind Reading, Telepathy
My bad, I looked and somehow missed that. Either way, since I couldn't find a hard ruling feel free to roll 1d12 for the flying version of 'running'. If you want to do it retroactivey for the first turn then you can roll 2d12 this turn. If I recall correctly running dice don't explode though.
Seth Merikh wrote:Thanks for mathing it out with visuals. I'm simple minded. Got it now.

Lol, no worries. Stuff like that happens at the beginning of every fight, sadly we aren't all in person where I can just explain things as soon as they come up. Luckily we're not in person so I can take an hour to re learn high school trigonometry and figure out the actual distances. When I have the time I like doing the mathy things, obviously those calculations wouldn't be practical at a table though.

Yeah, this is totally set up like a long range battle. as I said though, I'm doing it by the book. Now you'll know how the adventure is run if you want to change anything in advance when you run it. I might suggest changing it so that 1 hex = 2 yards, that way the map is half the prescribed size, but still plenty big.
Chevy wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote: Chevy - 4C

Chevy seems more in his element while on patrol than he did back at the castle. A twist in the current catches his eye and he spots a point where the Bop should be able to ford the river. It'll cut his speed down to 1/3 but should be much faster than going around, and may allow the Bop to get in the boy's path if he's able to make it to the river.
Could you note in the map where the ford is? It'll be helpful in deciding where to head the Bop to.
You had multiple raises, so pick where you want the ford to be and mark it on the map in advance of you arriving there. Just keep in mind that the battle will progress so the usefullness of its location may change over time as well. Either way, you'll have another option for where to cross.

Also, big thanks to everyone for bringing the OOC discussions here. :)
Zima

Post by Zima »

Okay, so am I standing on top of the rocks? 'Cause if that's the only way I can get a clear shot, that's fine, but I was hoping to avoid it. :p
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Zima wrote:Okay, so am I standing on top of the rocks? 'Cause if that's the only way I can get a clear shot, that's fine, but I was hoping to avoid it. :p
Sorry, I thought that's what we discussed.
Going where you had originally pointed out would have given them heavy cover as there were many boulders in the way. Even so, your range should keep you safe from any attack I can see them making (unless I missed something on their sheets). I believe their weapons have a range of 100, and you're about 300 away.
Zima

Post by Zima »

Good point, I forgot how crazy the range on a boom gun is compared with almost anything else.

Alright, let's be big damn heroes! :D
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

I believe my hold action should carry over to this round, correct?
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Okay so sorry about not posting where I moved to. I was not aware I got a move while checking my sensors but it makes sense with the combat ace edge that I would.

Ulrich would jump the Gepanzerter Skorpion into the water north of the rocks leading across the river to flank for his next turns action.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Zima wrote:Good point, I forgot how crazy the range on a boom gun is compared with almost anything else.

Alright, let's be big damn heroes! :D
(As long as we are completely out of range of enemy fire)
Radecliffe wrote:I believe my hold action should carry over to this round, correct?
If you want to do it last thing round 1 after all the enemies moved then go ahead and do it now, just don't take 2 actions in 1 round. I don't think there is an official rule about holding actions in Savage Worlds, but it's something I incorporate in to most of my games as it adds a little strategy and advantage to having the initiative.
Ulrich wrote:Okay so sorry about not posting where I moved to. I was not aware I got a move while checking my sensors but it makes sense with the combat ace edge that I would.

Ulrich would jump the Gepanzerter Skorpion into the water north of the rocks leading across the river to flank for his next turns action.
As far as I know a move action is part of every turn, but I'm not well versed in vehicles. Please post a map showing where you jumped to.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Here you go. LOL I finally figured out how to add attachments.
Attachments
Garnet Town Gambit Combat 1 Round 2.png
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Ulrich wrote:Here you go. LOL I finally figured out how to add attachments.
Just eyeing that, it looks close to 200 yards (183 m, 600 ft), I think you can jump a max of 150 feet with your flight pack assist? That's 50 yards.
For reference:
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Beowulf85 wrote:
Radecliffe wrote:I believe my hold action should carry over to this round, correct?
If you want to do it last thing round 1 after all the enemies moved then go ahead and do it now, just don't take 2 actions in 1 round. I don't think there is an official rule about holding actions in Savage Worlds, but it's something I incorporate in to most of my games as it adds a little strategy and advantage to having the initiative.
Here's the entry from the core rules. Basically as long as I'm not shaken I can hold my turn until I want to take an action even if the hold goes to the next turn.
pp 72 Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorers Edition wrote:Hold
A hero may choose to wait and see what happens by taking a Hold action. He may then go later in the round if he chooses. A Held action lasts until it’s used. If a character has a Held card when a new round starts, he’s not dealt in.

If a character is Shaken while on Hold, he immediately loses his “Hold” status and any remaining actions for the round. If the victim soaks the attack and avoids the Shaken result, he remains on Hold.

►► Interrupting Actions: If a character on Hold wants to interrupt an action (including a rival who was also on Hold), he and the opponent make opposed Agility rolls. Whoever rolls highest goes first. In the rare case of a tie, the actions are simultaneous.
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Radecliffe wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote:
Here's the entry from the core rules. Basically as long as I'm not shaken I can hold my turn until I want to take an action even if the hold goes to the next turn.
pp 72 Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorers Edition wrote:Hold
A hero may choose to wait and see what happens by taking a Hold action. He may then go later in the round if he chooses. A Held action lasts until it’s used. If a character has a Held card when a new round starts, he’s not dealt in.

If a character is Shaken while on Hold, he immediately loses his “Hold” status and any remaining actions for the round. If the victim soaks the attack and avoids the Shaken result, he remains on Hold.

►► Interrupting Actions: If a character on Hold wants to interrupt an action (including a rival who was also on Hold), he and the opponent make opposed Agility rolls. Whoever rolls highest goes first. In the rare case of a tie, the actions are simultaneous.
Good find, do it by the book then. Either way it results in you only having one action per turn which is what I was more concerned about. So no card for this round, I'll edit my initial post.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:
Just eyeing that, it looks close to 200 yards (183 m, 600 ft), I think you can jump a max of 150 feet with your flight pack assist? That's 50 yards.
For reference:
oooooooooooooooh I thought the big hexes were 6 yards. LOL I didn't even see the tiney ones.

Here is fine then Yeah I just checked again. It's 150ft across.
Attachments
Garnet Town Gambit Combat 1 Round 2.png
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Ulrich wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote:
For reference:
oooooooooooooooh I thought the big hexes were 6 yards. LOL I didn't even see the tiney ones.

Here is fine then Yeah I just checked again. It's 150ft across.
You're still getting the scale a little confused.
As Ulrich can jump 50 yards, and one of the sides of the large hexagons is 48 yards, he can jump about this far. That ought to place you within range for a number of your longer range weapons. Between 200 and 400 yards, so long range, -4 to shooting). If you move again before attacking you might be medium range, not sure.
Attachments
Ulrich Movement.png
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Okay well in that case Ulich will take another move action to jump before firing and he will only fire two weapons so his shot is a medium range so he only suffers a -2 penalty.

His last missile system will not be fired so ignore it. Also since I was unaware of how far we were from the hostile I didn't add the -2 to the rolls. sorry.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Ulrich wrote:Okay well in that case Ulich will take another move action to jump before firing and he will only fire two weapons so his shot is a medium range so he only suffers a -2 penalty.

His last missile system will not be fired so ignore it. Also since I was unaware of how far we were from the hostile I didn't add the -2 to the rolls. sorry.
I'd appreciate it if you edit your posts accordingly (or make a note of it in the post if you can't edit a dice roll), otherwise I'll probably forget and make more mistakes. (Yay combat, lol)
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:
Ulrich wrote:Okay well in that case Ulich will take another move action to jump before firing and he will only fire two weapons so his shot is a medium range so he only suffers a -2 penalty.

I'd appreciate it if you edit your posts accordingly (or make a note of it in the post if you can't edit a dice roll), otherwise I'll probably forget and make more mistakes. (Yay combat, lol)
Already taken care of ^_^ I posted the map on the second post. Sorry about the extra rolls for the missiles. Since I am moving and am at medium range I decided that an extra -4 would be bad LOL. The extra rolls are pulled away into an "ignore this" list for you.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Ulrich wrote:
Beowulf85 wrote:

Already taken care of ^_^ I posted the map on the second post. Sorry about the extra rolls for the missiles. Since I am moving and am at medium range I decided that an extra -4 would be bad LOL. The extra rolls are pulled away into an "ignore this" list for you.
No worries, thanks for clearing it up. :)
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

FYI I am waiting to post IC until I see where the Bop ends up. If I am close enough to kid or Brodkil - Seth may jump out. (By close enough I mean to use Burrow). :)
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

@Zima Doesn't the Glitter Boy Armor have the same sensor suite as other power armor suits? I think you should be able to ignore 2 points of shooting penalties which would include range. I don't think it changes enough to get a raise but unless I'm missing something I don't think you need to spend a Bennie to get the hit. The first roll should be sufficient. My apologies if I'm messing this up but I'd hate to see you waste a Bennie. :) For an area effect attack cover acts as armor for the affected targets rather than a negative shooting penalty (assuming they have any cover, of course.) ;)
Radecliffe

Skills

Zima

Post by Zima »

Maybe I was trying to get a raise--you don't know!

You're right, though, after I double checked. But it's fine, I'll just keep it in mind for next round. I'm confident I can earn it back.
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

FYI all, I'm getting ready to move continents. Posts may be delayed. Got to get my PC and other stuff shipped from UK to Canada.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Cool. It's be awesome to have closer time zones ^_^
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Should be in about a month and a half. My stuff mostly shipped today, most of the rest is packed up or ready to be left behind. I'll be road tripping Europe seeing friends before I leave, then back in Canada late Juner or early July. Will try to get a post down tonight, because if I don't it'll be delayed until at least Sunday...

Sorry all, things are busy, so I might be a bit of a laggard. Oh, for the days when I was working full time and would work on posts in my free time, which was probably about two work days a week, lol.

*Edit* I'm about half way through the post but I'm wiped. I'll try to get it done this weekend. :)
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Sorry about delays all. I was away all weekend at a birthday and now I'm out with friends on a road trip. Not much time to work on the post prior ot that due to arranging shipping and packing up all my belongings. Will try to get one down this wee, Wednesday or Thursdayish. It doesn't help that there's a lot of consolidate for a combat post or I'd do something quickly, but combat posts take me about 1.5-2 hours. :/
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

GAGHNFLD... I've been doing rail guns wrong. The ROF is supposed to be how many large bursts are fired to represent the hundreds/thousands of shards fired. I don't believe I missed something so big.
Beowulf85
Game Master

Post by Beowulf85 »

Ulrich wrote:GAGHNFLD... I've been doing rail guns wrong. The ROF is supposed to be how many large bursts are fired to represent the hundreds/thousands of shards fired. I don't believe I missed something so big.
Good thing this is a learning game, right!?
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Beowulf85 wrote:
Ulrich wrote:GAGHNFLD... I've been doing rail guns wrong. The ROF is supposed to be how many large bursts are fired to represent the hundreds/thousands of shards fired. I don't believe I missed something so big.
Good thing this is a learning game, right!?

Lol yeah thank god. I makes rail guns all the more terrifying. They don't do as much damage as the boom gun but have have the ability to hit more targets.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Doing a quick check. Is everyone still with us? I know A-aron said he would have a hard time posting due to his traveling.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

>> Is anyone here?
>> There is a dark room to your North.
>> I enter the dark room to the North.
>> You are eaten by a Grue.

DAMMIT!! :lol:
Radecliffe

Skills

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Stupid Grue...
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Seth the Cyberknight is here. Yup. Maybe we should all roll down to the Pub and show our colors. I hear the 1st all assembling there.

While our GM is occupied- try to RP in Spider's Pub (The Outside Inn).

Or go gather at the new radio station and bug Damien. Let him know we'd love the hang out there and rock.
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Yeah I have been there with both my characters a good bit. The combat turns are taking a good deal of length in both my games so I am rping in the pub.
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

I hear you.

I'm Rping all over the place to pass time.

As Fell, Roath, Seth and others lol

I am trying to not have my characters talk to each other too much, ha!

- Lars
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Still here.

New to this site, so I'm not sure what the protocols are for RP'ing in "The Pub". Do you just jump in and start yakking, or do you arrange a meetup ahead of time?

Chevy's not much of a social butterfly, but he could be found drowning his sorrows in strong drink. :)
Chevy
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Chevy wrote:Still here.
New to this site, so I'm not sure what the protocols are for RP'ing in "The Pub". Do you just jump in and start yakking, or do you arrange a meetup ahead of time?
Chevy's not much of a social butterfly, but he could be found drowning his sorrows in strong drink. :)

Pub: Jump in and go nuts. Interact with Players from other SET teams. Just have fun with it. Drowning Sorrows is fine, likely some one will chat you up.
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

That's good to know. I am new to this site as well.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hey guys,

Beowulf85 has said he'll be back in July. Does the group need anything administratively/GM-wise until then?

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Just curious about how this affects our quarterly EP and XP. This is my only player account at the moment so it is also my primary source of EP at the moment to get another character slot.
Radecliffe

Skills

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Radcliffe,

Unfortunately, your post rate calculation will be affected by a long GM absence.

Given you are still posting and interacting in the Spider's Pub thread I might be inclined to count those. Afterall, it is allowing you to role play and meet posting requirements even in the absence of a GM.

A lot hinges on our GMs, which is why they have the opportunity earn a lot of EP, but one going away for a while can certainly mess a game up.

VV
Signature
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

It can totally kill a game. I more than likely not make good XP or EP for either of my characters and won't be able to activate my inactive character. The GM of the other group posts about every other weekend or so. This group was much more active.
Architect

Post by Architect »

This quarter is nearly done. I say we prepare ourselves for the third quarter.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hey guys,

I am looking into a temp GM to carry you until Beowulf85 returns. Should allow you to finish off this quarter and be in the groove to start the next.

VV
Signature
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Venatus Vinco wrote:Hey guys,

I am looking into a temp GM to carry you until Beowulf85 returns. Should allow you to finish off this quarter and be in the groove to start the next.

VV

That would be awesome. If it happens it's cool. If not it's nice to know you are trying.

Thanks.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hello,

Hobo Joe has agreed to step in. His group is still forming so it gives him a chance to GM in the meantime.

Joe plays Cory in the first SET and is a long time Palladium GM. He's still learning the Savage system but has a good handle on things. He hopes to have a post up on Monday.

VV
Signature
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Lucky me I've got good notes to go from!
Architect

Post by Architect »

The Nameless accept anybody even a substitute GM. Fairly knowledge players so suit up and lets bring it.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Good to have you with us Joe. We'll try not to forget about you. :P
Zima

Post by Zima »

I've been running games in Savage Worlds for several years now, so feel free to PM me if I can be of any assistance!
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Hindrances:

Edges:

Glitter Boy

Boom Gun
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Well gang. Post's up. Didn't see anything too challenging here, it was all pretty straightforward, except for the map scale as noted. Direct all complaints to Venatus Vinco, I can give you his home number if you are really angry! :D
Architect

Post by Architect »

Dragon is pissed and looking to flame someone. Send number so I can reach out and flame someone. 8D
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

So I will put up a gm post Monday, so two days to get posts in! Not that I'm pointing fingers or anything. (I'm passive aggressively counting on player guilt to motivate them to post for their character, such a good tactic.)
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

If you're talking about me, I was waiting for the Brodkils' move, since they had initiative on Chevy.

Or do you run things differently?

And for the record, I'm not very tolerant of passive-aggressive behavior.
Chevy
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Uh, Beowulf didn't post the enemies moves until the end of the turn either. Just sayin...
Radecliffe

Skills

hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Got it! I need you to tell me these things... This is my training wheels run... so I appreciate the help. I don't "do things differently" as much as I do them badly :D

The meanings of the words are starting to become clear. In my previous experience, everyone posted as soon as possible (i.e. before the scheduled gm post day) and then the gm was responsible for sorting it all out. One of the cardinal rules of PBP I have learned is to "never wait". So, I apologize I did not realize you were waiting on me.

So since I just read this comment tonight, I will try and incorporate it, but I suspect I may not hit a home run, so keep the comments coming.

And if I'm serious about a comment, I won't tag is as passive aggressive. I like to be funny. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But please if it is not clear what my meaning is, err on the side of reading it as a joke. Everyone has their own style, and you unfortunately got saddled with a temp gm who thinks he's a comedian.

If you need to curse my name here's some inspiration :lol:
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Oh man. It's fun having invisible guys shown only on my map and then to have Chevy draw his path of travel right smack dab through an invisible guy. Bad news for invisible guy!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Hobo Joe wrote:Oh man. It's fun having invisible guys shown only on my map and then to have Chevy draw his path of travel right smack dab through an invisible guy. Bad news for invisible guy!
Would you believe that was in my thoughts as I composed my move? :twisted:
Chevy
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Chevy wrote:
Hobo Joe wrote:Oh man. It's fun having invisible guys shown only on my map and then to have Chevy draw his path of travel right smack dab through an invisible guy. Bad news for invisible guy!

Too dang funny! Does that mean the Bop is covered with invisible lesser demon good? Lol!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Ulrich wrote:
Chevy wrote:

Too dang funny! Does that mean the Bop is covered with invisible lesser demon good? Lol!
If so, that s**t gets hosed off stat! Chevy's learned that lesson but good! :lol:
Chevy
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hey Guys,

Just got a PM from Beowulf85. He is still not settled from his move and asked to take another quarter off.

As mentioned, Hobo Joe is good to take you to the end of this adventure. If it doesn't quite last a quarter I can pinch hit for a while.

At that time we'll see if Beowulf is back or a different solution is needed.

VV
Signature
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Venatus Vinco wrote:Hey Guys,

Just got a PM from Beowulf85. He is still not settled from his move and asked to take another quarter off.

As mentioned, Hobo Joe is good to take you to the end of this adventure. If it doesn't quite last a quarter I can pinch hit for a while.

At that time we'll see if Beowulf is back or a different solution is needed.

VV
Whatever you need to do. It's all good. Real life takes priority over games and I hope Wolf is settling in well

I also hope everyone is having fun. I know I have been put in charge in character and
Do my best not to try and give orders and lord over the other players. No one likes having
That done and we get enough of that in real life. Lol.
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Post in progress - sorry for the delay, had a family medical emergency.
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Update tomorrow unless someone gives me a heads up to wait. I don't mind waiting, my goal is to kind of get you caught back up after getting hosed a little last quarter.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

No worries. We're basically waiting for the info dump from the kid at this point.
Chevy
Architect

Post by Architect »

Excuse the abscence. Forced move out of my family of eight and internet has been a hard fought issue for the last two weeks. Finally I can prove I am alive and kicking. Thanks for understanding.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Time based recharging - I include the time stamp at the top of each post so you can keep track of recharging things like PPE and ISP, when the time is right, update your total!
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Sorry gang, got a day behind, post will be up tonight (Tuesday).
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

I want to remind everyone to ALWAYS include a Notice roll with (almost) every post. This is most critical for the post immediately following a gm update, but they are also handy for intermediate ones if there's a scene change or something like that.

Go forth and Notice!
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
+1 Bennie for everyone for an awesome multi-post round of action!!!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Considering my luck with this damn dice roller so far, I am seriously apprehensive about rolling to find a Black Market contact in town.

Speaking of which, what would I be rolling? Notice? Streetwise? Tracking?
Chevy
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

If you are looking for a contact or information around town about Black Market dealings it would probably be Streetwise.
Radecliffe

Skills

hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Radecliffe wrote:If you are looking for a contact or information around town about Black Market dealings it would probably be Streetwise.
Chevy, what he^ said.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Looks like John Kramer aka "The Timberjack"-Melee/Survivalist is interested in joining the Nameless.

http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?t=947#p16337
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

Lars wrote:Looks like John Kramer aka "The Timberjack"-Melee/Survivalist is interested in joining the Nameless.

http://www.savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?t=947#p16337
Sounds like a good member to have. I'm game. ^_^ I don't think anyone else will have a problem.

Also in the pub posting thread there are several huge monsters attacking the outskirts of the castle and Ulrich has call for nameless support from anyone who is listening.

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 671#p17671

lets give these things what for!
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Bleh! Bleh! I've felt crappy all weekend and the most creative thing today was choosing between spaghetti or elbows (aka macaroni) for the lamest dinner ever. So... Yeah. No magical adventure tonight! I'll catch up over the next couple of days. Beware, you may see this message elsewhere.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Hobo Joe wrote:
Radecliffe wrote:
Notice 7
Notice Die [dice]18092:0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]18092:1[/dice]
+2 for Alertness
+2 for Sensors
Adam keys his own mic, "Seems like a good idea to me boss. And if Awktek were to fly casual like around the far side if there's anyone over there keeping an eye out they might get caught looking in the wrong direction."
Intentional or not, this made me laugh. +1 bennie!

I have no idea what you're talking about. Now let's recruit some Ewoks and go raid the shield generator. 8-)
Radecliffe

Skills

Kamen Writer
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kamen Writer »

Hello all. I’m Dan and I play John Kramer. Thanks for accepting me into the group. Now that I have all my permissions sorted out, I have a few of inquires before I actually start posting nerd stuff.

1) I see that you are quoting a dice roll when explaining what you are doing. Where should those rolls be originally posted?
2) I am not well-versed in forums and would like some guidelines on how to have a neat little character summary in my signature as well.
3) What else do you think I should know before posting?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to gaming with you.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

John Kramer wrote:Hello all. I’m Dan and I play John Kramer. Thanks for accepting me into the group. Now that I have all my permissions sorted out, I have a few of inquires before I actually start posting nerd stuff.

1) I see that you are quoting a dice roll when explaining what you are doing. Where should those rolls be originally posted?
2) I am not well-versed in forums and would like some guidelines on how to have a neat little character summary in my signature as well.
3) What else do you think I should know before posting?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to gaming with you.
I'm relatively new to this forum (but not to forum-based RP), but I'll try to answer as best I can:

1) The following thread explains the posting guidelines (can't find the one on how to do dice rolls): http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5

2) I f you want to customize your signature, click on the "User Control Panel" link on top, select the "Profile" tab, then select "Edit Signature" from the menu on the left. You can edit your signature just like any other post, including adding a link to your character creation thread (like I did in mine).

3) I think the link thread in 1 should answer most of your questions.

Glad to have you aboard! :)
Chevy
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Here's a template I made for my character signatures. Feel free to adapt it for your own use if you like. Chevy's already pointed out how to edit your profile signature.

Code: Select all

[size=85]Optional Quote[/size]

[url=Put URL to Character Sheet here]Character Name[/url]
[color=#80BF00][b]Bennies[/b] 3 of 3 [/color]

Player Name
Alts: [url=Put URL to Alt Character Name here]Alt Character Name[/url]

[ooc=Stats][size=90]Agility d4 | Smarts d4 | Spirit d4 | Strength d4 | Vigor d4
Pace 6 | Parry 0 | Toughness 0 

[u][b]Frequently used skills[/b][/u]
Skill d4

[u][b]Special Abilities[/b][/u]
[u]Ability Name: [/u] Ability Description if desired

[u][b]Edges[/b][/u]
[b]Edge Name[/b]: Edge Description if desired

[u][b]Hindrances[/b][/u]
[b](Major) Hindrance Name[/b]: Hindrance description if desired
[b](Minor) Hindrance Name[/b]  Hindrance description if desired
[b](Minor) Hindrance Name[/b]: Hindrance description if desired[/size][/ooc]
Radecliffe

Skills

Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Question on scale with the combat map. According to the map distance tool the BoP in its current location is about 370 in (ish) from the nearest group of Brodkil. Does that sound about right?
Radecliffe

Skills

Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

G'day all. Quick question! I'm considering pitching a character concept for this game if there's still an opening (it's a little hard to tell sometimes; different sources of info say different things), but I'm not sure who the GM is!

It's listed as being Hobo Joe on the Recruitment forum. But then I see Beowulf has started the in-game threads. And Venatus has done some of the OOC threads.

I'm unsure who to send my request to.

Who's in charge 'round these parts? :)
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Greetings! Beowulf was the original GM but he had to take a leave of absence due to moving trans-Atlantic. Not sure if or when he'll be back. Hobo Joe is the current GM so I'd direct inquiries to him. To the best of my knowledge we are currently at 7 characters so there should be a slot.
Radecliffe

Skills

Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Thankya kindly!
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder

TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage

TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 2000
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Game Master: Hobo Joe (Volunteered to take it over in Q3)
  • Zima – Glitter Boy Pilot:1 EP + 1 XP
  • AwkTech – Dragon: 1 EP + 1 XP
  • Ulrich – Robot Pilot: 3 EP +2 XP and a bonus benny for the quarter.
  • Chevy – Operator: 2 EP + 2 XP
  • Egil ‘The Edge’ Skallgrim - Psi Stalker Crazie: 1 EP + 1 XP
  • Professor Adam Radecliffe - Rogue Scholar: 2 EP + 2 XP
  • John Kramer - Techno Warrior: 1 EP (Just Joined)

You can add your XP now. I (Lars) added your EP to your Ledgers.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Whisper

Post by Whisper »

For the path you take will lead to certain DESTRUCTION!

Yay!
Architect

Post by Architect »

One potential problem that could arise from Egil talking to himself is that AwkTek could hear him. The dragon has both Clairvoyance and Mind Reading, which could be really scary with all the crazy Eqil is projecting.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Don't worry, there's a party in Egil's head and everybody is invited!
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
Architect

Post by Architect »

@ My Man, Hobo Joe: Garnet Town Fiasco, I realized you picked it up in progress. If it gets run again, may want to segment the adventure into sections instead of one great long on going thread. Think like "Arrival to Garnet Town", "Prisoners in the Cold Dark", and "A Mage Full of Himself".

Just my two credits worth.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

AwkTech wrote:@ My Man, Hobo Joe: Garnet Town Fiasco, I realized you picked it up in progress. If it gets run again, may want to segment the adventure into sections instead of one great long on going thread. Think like "Arrival to Garnet Town", "Prisoners in the Cold Dark", and "A Mage Full of Himself".

Just my two credits worth.
I second the motion.
Radecliffe

Skills

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: The Nameless”