View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:39 pm



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
 5. Creature(s?) From the Black Lagoon 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 266
Reply with quote
Conditions: It is 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the late afternoon. No ley line is near the Tyrannosaur nest.
Is a ley line nearby? 2d6 = 8 (5, 3) Nope.


The Aftermath:

The last Rex falls and an eerie silence falls with it, the swamp holding its breath. The apex predators are down (for the moment), and nature around you pauses as if considering its next action.

Before any of you can so much as ask the sword-wielding newcomer his name, you all feel something foul flit at the edges of your consciousness, giving you all the distinct impression of being watched… no, more than watched. Pursued.

The very air around you turns hostile, pressing down on you with the weight of a mountain (or two, in Tyraxas’ case), driving you to your knees. Images of inky tendrils flash across your vision, and you are all aware of something attempting to probe your minds.

Norona feels the dark force more acutely than the rest of you, and it pushes him down on all fours; were it not for the protection of his environmental spell, he would find the air around his head suddenly too thick to breathe.

His hands and knees sink into the earth, and he struggles to rise. Any who try to assist him will find that the pressure of the air around them increases with each step they take toward their fallen comrade as gravity itself works against them. Trees near him begin to splinter and break under the force of the unseen onslaught, and you are all beset by a feeling of dread and hopelessness.

Quietly, almost unnoticed, a tiny blue light rises from the muck. It is difficult to see, as a penlight might be in the mid-afternoon sun, but it twinkles ever so slightly a few inches from Norona’s face. Through his arms, which are now sunk to the elbows in the mud, and his legs, which are buried practically up to his thighs, a weak pulse of benevolent power reaches out to Norona. It is similar to how he feels when drawing on a ley line, except no PPE trickles from the pulse. Instead, Norona hears a voice in his head and knows instinctively the voice and the power beneath the earth are the same.

The voice whispers to him The Usurper comes. Run!

The little blue light flashes, and the swamp explodes in a cacophony of sound. Birds screeching, trees falling, and (distant) dinosaurs roaring fill your ears. The pressure of the air lessens, and you all find you can move again. The light hovers a moment more, and then speeds off into the trees, pausing at the edge of the nest and pulsing irritatedly. “Hurry up!”, it seems to say.

What Now?

The party has another choice to make: follow the little blue light, stay put, or take some other path.

Norona will need to make a Strength check to get himself unstuck; anyone who wants to help certainly may do so.

Conrad and Jameson did not specify a cost for the “Serious Business” Quick Combat modifier (the +2), so I’m applying 1 level of Fatigue to each of them; Alex, if you would prefer that be a Wound instead, please let me know.

Jareb and Norona each gain a Benny from playing up their Hindrances in their posts.

You will have a few days to post reactions here before we move the scene on. Don't stress overmuch if you can't post in that time period; I'll use the majority or consensus opinion on what the party wants to do in order to decide which potential story event comes next.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
By the celestials what was that! Its like the swamp is a living breathing thing, something foul is at work here trying to learn of us. It felt like my angelic wings were about to snap. Jareb eyes his companions and the blue light twinkling. He reaches out a hand to assist Norona, ” Here if I can be of service take my hand. Ty, Conrad, your strength is needed.”
Str to assist is a crit failure
Strength to assist 1d8 = 1 (1) wild 1d6 = 1 (1)
TD str on his TW armor: 1d6 = 2 (2)

To everyone he calls, ” Is everyone alright? For good or ill that blue light oft there winking at us warrants our attention. I suggest we follow it—“

Jareb sees the newcomer for the first time and quick draws from his backpack baby carrier his sword. The carrier hold a slumped baby in it, probably asleep. No wait, he did help us. Jareb sheathes it just as quickly into the carrier and nods at the newcomer. ” I am Jareb of the Tomorrow Legion. Thank you for helping us. Do you know what troubles the swamp so?”

Unexpectedly before any reply, Jareb the winged angelic vagabond quickly sinks into the mire that is holding Norona and disapears into it. ” Kuikku!” The soft muffled sounds of a baby wailing and gurgling come from where Jareb went under.

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences


Sun May 06, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 56
Reply with quote
Notice 6, Strength to free Norona 7, and Jareb (a ton)
Notice
1d4 = 4 (4)

Ace Notice with prior
1d4+4 = 6 (2)

WD Notice
1d6 = 1 (1)

Strength roll to pull Norona from the muck, with MAP
1d12+2 = 5 (3)

WD Strength
1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Strength to pull Jareb from the muck, with MAP
1d12+2 = 14 (12)

Ace Strength with prior
1d12+14 = 26 (12)

2nd Ace! Strength with prior
1d12+26 = 32 (6)

WD Strength
1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Tyraxas growls and roars under the amazing pressure, cursing the invading psyche. "Depart my mind. Tyraxas will NOT be probed!" He sighs in relief as the pressure and probing lifts.
"I have had my fill of invasions of my mind. If I find what did that to us, I will..." He stops short as Jareb sinks into the muck. "Jareb!"
The angel and his baby fall into a sinkhole in the swamp, vanishing beneath the muck. Tyraxas leaps to the spot and drives his arm down after the pair, gripping them securely, but with surprising gentleness. The force with which they are ripped from the swampy undertow, however, could wrench a planet from a star's gravity. Tyraxas wastes no time in drawing them back to the surface. "Jareb! Gift! You were almost lost to that pit! It is fortunate that I am the mightiest creature in this swamp, for the earth did not wish to relinquish its grip upon you." He sets them on the highest and driest spot in the clearing. "Wait there while I pull Norona from his similar, but far less dangerous predicament." True to his words, Tyraxas lifts Norona gently but firmly from his muddy entanglement. "There. I have saved all three of you. Now..." He turns to Toshiro, staring intently at the new arrival. "Who are you, and why did you help us?"
While staring at the fresh meat with the chainsword, a glint catches his eye, near where Jareb and Gift were pulled from the muck. "Hello...what is this?" Bending down to get a closer look, he notes the gleaming edge of a blade. He grasps the blade between his finger and thumb. "This is mine. I found it." He returns to staring at Toshiro.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 3 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Last edited by Tyraxas on Mon May 07, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun May 06, 2018 10:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice = 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace = 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild = 1d6 = 5 (5)
-2 for Fatigue = 8

Kuikku staggers to his feet shaking his head in an effort to clear the double vision. When the distinct sound of a chain sword starts up he looks around in confusion. He watches the new comer swing the great blade with a finesse that belies its size. As the last dino falls asleep Kuikku sits on one of the branches of a downed tree.

Before anyone has a chance to recover the darkness and weight hits the party. The branch Kuikku was sitting on breaks dropping him onto his back. As the weight increases he starts to wonder why Tyraxas is standing on his chest. Turning his head Kuikku notices the light just before it flashes and the weight lifts. Rolling up on his side he sees it pause and blink before moving further into the jungle.

Moving slowly Kuikku starts to his feet when Jareb suddenly vanishes into the ground. Rushing forward he is knocked to the side as Tyraxas reacts far more quickly. Struggling back to his feet, and seeing everyone is back at the surface, he turns towards the cyber warrior. ”Yea, what they said.”

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Mon May 07, 2018 6:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 16
Reply with quote
Mechanics
Notice 1d8+4 = 12 (8)
Wild 1d6+4 = 9 (5)


When the presence vanishes Toshiro grabs his chain sword and jumps to his feet in a single motion. He spins rapidly looking for a the source of the presence he felt attacking his mind. Those with keen perception will notice a wild glint in the cybermonk's eye, and that his breathing, though silent, is rapid and shallow.

After a moment or two he calms, and notices that the legionnaires around him are all looking expectantly at him. He blushes, sheathes his sword and bows deeply to the group. He searches the group for Kuikku and then approaches the cyber knight, bowing again while proffering his deployment orders.

He stands silently but non-threateningly while he reads orders.

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 1/4; Fatigue: 0/3;

Parry: 5
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
-1 for EE against Rexs
+1 for Raise against Rexs

Aventure Cards:
Extra Effort: Play this to add +1d6 to any trait roll, this roll may ace.
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force

Edit Signature


Last edited by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' on Tue May 08, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 07, 2018 5:59 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 131
Reply with quote
As he is drawn to the ground, Norona shudders at the looming presence of darkness. All his instincts say to stand and fight, yet, he cannot stand at all. As the power of the earth pulls him down, the woodsman focuses on the small blue light before him. He is suspicious at first, but the word usurper rings in his mind. He searching through his scholarly knowledge to try and recall references to a usurper, and this little blue light, in mystical lore.

Knowledge Arcana 31
K/Arcana 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Ace 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


As Tyraxas pulls him up, Norona cleans off the muck and brush for the second time that day. However, he is little concerned with his appearance as the seriousness of their situation weighs heavily on his mind. Looking toward the oncoming rush he drops any pretence of aloofness.

"RUN!"

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Mon May 07, 2018 7:09 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Jareb nods at Ty and checks Gift. Frack where is Mr. Wiggles!! Over the babies wailing Jareb calls to the mighty Dragon, ” Thank you my friend, I wish you the best in life. Lets move.” Jareb flaps his wings shedding some grime and flies after the blue light still shaking his head at the ill timed disapearencecof Mr. Wiggles.
Fracking swamps, I sense another apocalypse is near.
Vigor roll vs fatigue 1d8 = 2 (2) wild 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences


Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Watching the silent stranger walk towards him Kuikku prepares to respond to violence. When he is handed a piece of paper he blinks in surprise. Looking it over he grunts. ”His name is Toshiro, a 'cyber monk'. He was supposed to gate with us in Nashville but arrived late and was sent as close as Veritas could manage.” Looking up and around to his companions he continues, ”And apparantly he has not spoken in several years.” Glancing back to Toshiro he comments ”Don't worry. I am sure Deezy and Sierra will do enough talking for you.”

Turning to check on Norona Kuikku sees the fear in his eyes and hears it in his shout. ”Jareb, Tyr, Sierra, I want you three up in the air scouting our path and keeping an eye out. Follow that light as best you can. Conrad, Jameson, roll out. Deezy, Toshiro, you load up with Conrad. Norona, I want you with me in Jameson's truck so you can tell me what you know. EVERYONE, MOVE!”

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Tue May 08, 2018 5:51 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 231
Reply with quote
With some effort, Deezy yanked her armored feet up out of the muck and spattered some sludge around when she saluted. "Yes SIR!"

She scrambled over to Conrad's ATV and hoisted herself up over to man the turreted weapon. Even as she did, she started piecing together another device! A little something she suspected might be useful when magically-induced gravity fields were about!

Device making
Technowizardry to build a TK device. 1d10+2 = 6 (4) or 1d6+2 = 4 (2); Includes -2 for Seasoned power, +4 for Machine Maestro in noncombat situation.

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Tue May 08, 2018 9:14 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 310
Reply with quote
Notice
1d8 = 7 (7)
wild dice 1d6 = 4 (4)

The heat seems to affect Conrad and Jameson

Kuikku wrote:
Conrad, Jameson, roll out. Deezy, Toshiro, you load up with Conrad. Norona, I want you with me in Jameson's truck so you can tell me what you know. EVERYONE, MOVE!”


"Yes Sir" both say, clambering back inside their respective vehicles. Over the radio, Jameson calls Conrad.
"Does the commander know the difference between a truck and an APC?

"That implies a technical knowledge far exceeding our esteemed Cyber Knight or just a lack of knowledge as to the difference. We shall have to educate him chummer." Truck indeed he harumphed, having spent days fixin it whilst everyone else partied.

If Toshiro gets in, Conrad points to the co-pilot seat.

"Buckle up chatterbox, in this swamp, it will be a bumpy ride chummer."

He bangs on the roof of the ATV to get Deezy's attention.

"Deezy, we're moving out chummer, keep your head. They grow the lizards big around here."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Tue May 08, 2018 10:20 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 266
Reply with quote
GM Mini Update

Anyone who made their Notice roll can see unnatural shadows gathering from direction opposite the one in which the light is headed (i.e., the light is moving away from the shadows). The shadows are a ways off yet, but getting closer, and darkening the swamp as they go as if absorbing the light. They are not particularly big, but there sure are an awful lot of them.... more than you can easily count.

The Shadows Bite
Attachment:
Shadow Beast.jpg
Shadow Beast.jpg [ 36.89 KiB | Viewed 314 times ]


Keep Doing What You're Doing
You guys are doing great; I just wanted to drop in an update to let you know what is on the horizon so you can prep for the next GM post. I would familiarize yourselves with the chase rules; those of you not piloting will have the chance to assist by taking shots at some scary shadow monsters. If the team's flyers want to stay out of the vehicles, that is perfectly fine; you will just roll Agility for your Trait roll.

The chase will start after the next GM post, so don't start making chase posts yet; this was just a preview. The real deal is coming soon. :D

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Tue May 08, 2018 2:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 16
Reply with quote
Toshiro nods curtly then salutes while everyone say's "Yes sir"

He follows Conrad to the the Mountaineer and purses his lips as if whistling when he sees vehicle with its mini-missile launcher and mounted rail gun. He may not make the sound, but some habits die hard.

He hops into the ATV.

Conrad wrote:
"Buckle up chatterbox, in this swamp, it will be a bumpy ride chummer."


Toshiro tilts his head back in mimic of short bark like laugh. He reaches back for the harness without looking, expertly adjusts the co-pilot controls to his size, and primes the missile launcher. As a finishing touch he looks at Conrad, grins, and flips the switch to turn on the AC.

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 1/4; Fatigue: 0/3;

Parry: 5
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
-1 for EE against Rexs
+1 for Raise against Rexs

Aventure Cards:
Extra Effort: Play this to add +1d6 to any trait roll, this roll may ace.
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force

Edit Signature


Tue May 08, 2018 2:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 56
Reply with quote
Tyraxas nods at Kuikku and snaps into action, his wings pulling his bulk into the air with incredible speed. He circles a few times, ensuring the group is loading up as ordered, and then proceeds to speed off in the direction of the light. "The shadows pursue us as if alive!"

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 3 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Tue May 08, 2018 9:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


***

Sierra hauled herself out of the muck just in time to be nearly flattened by some heavy force of gravity! She grunted as she fought it, and then suddenly it released.

“What the hell was that! And who’s the new cutie?” She looked Toshiro up and down until Kuikko explained. “Welcome to the party. I’m Sierra.” She held out her muddy hand to him.

When orders were given, Sierra gave Kuikku a thumbs up. First, she burst into flame a bit, burning off the mud and muck, leaving her new techno-wizarded clothes perfectly clean. Then the flames coalesced on her shoulder blades into wings of fire and she launched into the air on a jet of heated air, flying in circles around the group before following Jareb and T-Rex.

Looking behind them, Sierra noted the shadows. “Oh, that does not look like fun!” she said. She ignited the fire around her, just in case. It looked like they were running, but she didn’t want to get ganked if those shadows caught up.

“What are those things?”

Survival 4 Success
Survival 1d4-2 = 2 (4)
Ace 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6-2 = 0 (2)


***

Conditions
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Card
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.


Everything Burns
1d10 = 9 (9)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 6 (5, 1) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 6
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Wed May 09, 2018 3:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice = 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild = 1d6 = 5 (5)
Minus Fatigue = 4

Pausing just long enough to be sure everyone is moving Kuikku notices the shadows moving towards them. Well, this cannot be good. I sure hope they are sensitive to fire.”Deezy, we may need a few more of your light bombs if you have them.”

Climbing into the Mark IX Kuikku waives to the gunner position. “Norona, I hope you can shoot and talk.” He then settles into the commander's seat and fastens the combat harness. Well, this should be interesting at least.

Status
Two levels of Fatigue
Cyber-Armor Active: Toughness 19(8)MDC
ISP: 6/10
Bennies: 1

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Wed May 09, 2018 7:11 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 266
Reply with quote
GM Mini Update for Sierra:

Sierra doesn't have a lot of experience in the wild, but she knows that whatever these shadow things are, they are not native to earth. She's sure of that much, if not anything else about them.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Wed May 09, 2018 8:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 16
Reply with quote
Looking out the window, Toshiro notices the Mark IX AEV having some starting issues that he recognizes as typical of having an inexperienced co-pilot.

He hops out of the ATV and quickly sloshes through the muck over to the AEV before they get the vehicle moving. He pounds the side of his fist on Kuikku's door. When it opens, he give the commander a crisp salute, then quickly points to himself, then to the co-pilot operator console, then raises his hands as if gripping a wheel and rocks them back and forth.

If he gets the ok, he hops into the AEV and takes the co-pilot position, strapping in and familiarizing himself with the controls.

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 1/4; Fatigue: 0/3;

Parry: 5
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
-1 for EE against Rexs
+1 for Raise against Rexs

Aventure Cards:
Extra Effort: Play this to add +1d6 to any trait roll, this roll may ace.
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force

Edit Signature


Wed May 09, 2018 2:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Kuikku looks at all the lights and buttons. While he is trying to decide how many are real and how many are a result of the concussion he realizes at least some of the pounding in his head is actually someone at the door. Looking out he sees Toshiro standing there. When he opens the door Toshiro starts waiving his hands around. It takes Kuikku a bit to understand what he is trying to convey but finally he just shakes his head. ”Yea, whatever. Good luck.” With that he climbs into the back and straps in.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Thu May 10, 2018 7:02 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 231
Reply with quote
"Light bombs? Huh!" Deezy shades her eyes as she looks back at the gathering gloom. "Well, it's pretty bright outside NOW so it doesn't seem like just solar flares would work, let's see..."

She starts plucking components from her vest and belt and going over them in rapid succession.

"...antisotropic filter...gamma arc inducer...no, just need one of those..."

The device began taking shape...a sort of vacuum cleaner hose connected to a bottle of lightning, with a set of vice grips. Deezy used those to clamp it to the bottom of the Omniblaster.

"Light bombs are GO!"

Moar device tinkersing
Technowizardry for Blast device (-2 for Seasoned, +2 for Maestro combat power) 1d10 = 5 (5) or 1d6 = 4 (4)

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Thu May 10, 2018 8:18 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 131
Reply with quote
Revving up his hovercycle, Norona declines to ride in Conrad's truck.

However, he does use the radio to update everyone on his observations as they flee.

"This swamp is alive. Teeming with life and magical energy it takes on its own life force. There are lands like it in my home as well, living in a sense that is difficult to truly comprehend. This life presents itself as protective spirits. Your world is full of similar stories: living forests, trees that come to life and move or shift to protect the land. This swmap has protective spirits too, but it is also under threat by something which seeks to upset the balance of nature in this swamp. No doubt it too is to blame for the strange ley line activity and other bizarre phenomenon being reported. Whatever it is, it is powerful, and dark. We will need to learn much more before we try to confront it."

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 266
Reply with quote
Conditions: It is late afternoon and approximately 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the swamp. No ley lines are nearby.

Ruh Roh!

The shadows are getting closer, and fast! They seem to be moving almost of one accord, flowing across the ground and even among the tree branches like water. You can make out what appear to be hundreds of pairs of eyes from within the dark mass, and every now and again an individual shadow will break off from the main body, shift into the general shape of a dinosaur, snake, bird, or other animal, and then be immediately re-absorbed by the whole. If it weren't so terrifying, it might be fascinating to watch.

As it is, you can feel the malice emanating from the darkness, and there is no mistaking its intentions.

Time To Go!

The party has situated itself for the chase and is ready to go! Jareb, Tyraxas and Sierra have taken to the sky at Kuikku's order, while Norona has hopped on his hovercycle in defiance of the same. Conrad is at home in the pilot's chair of his Mountaineer, with Deezy in the passenger area ready to fire away (with either the rail gun or something more unique of her own devising). The captured Coalition APC is driven by Jameson, the former CS soldier, and co-piloted by Toshiro in the commander's chair. Kuikku is strapped in for what promises to be a bumpy ride, and Norona's wolf is braced on the floor between the seats.

Chase Mechanics:

In an effort to simplify things and make them a little more intuitive for our format, this chase is going to work differently than the examples in SWD. As detailed more fully below, everyone will post a reply with with appropriate rolls (keep reading to see what those are). Then, based on those rolls (not Edges like Quick or Level Headed), I will deal initiative cards to each vehicle (gunners, passengers and co-pilots do not get separate initiative cards) and flyer, as well as to the bad guys. If your vehicle or flyer’s initiative card is higher than the bad guys’, you extend your lead on them. If the bad guys’ initiative card is higher than yours, they will gain ground on you. If they catch you they will attack, and they are mean.

This is how it will work:

    The Setup:
    The SET has gathered in their vehicles or, for those who can fly, taken to the skies. The bad guys are behind you and closing the gap. They start out 25” (50 yards) behind you.

    The Rolls:
    Conrad and Jameson will each include a Driving roll in their post. Though the swamp is difficult terrain, both ATVs have the All-Terrain feature, allowing them to ignore penalties for difficult terrain. If Toshiro would like to make a cooperative Driving roll he can do so, and every success and raise on his roll will add a +1 to Jameson’s roll.

    Norona will include a piloting roll in his post (at -0 because the hover cycle hovers above the terrain), while Jareb and Sierra will include Agility rolls.

    Tyraxas will include both an Agility roll and, if he wants to, a Strength roll as well. Here’s why: the other flyers are small enough that they can just follow the same trail as the APCs, staying above the ground (and therefore above the rough terrain) and clear of the trees. No muss, no fuss.

    Tyraxas is just too big for that to work for him, so his wings and tail will get constantly tangled in the trees, causing his Agility rolls to be made at -2. However, he is a dragon and mighty and so may use his awesome strength to just knock down the trees. Every success and raise on his Strength roll negates one point of penalties on his Agility roll.

    Everyone may make ranged attacks against your pursuers (assuming you have a way to make such an attack, either by spell or by weapon). Keep in mind that anyone who makes a Driving or Piloting roll as detailed above will incur a multi-action penalty to all of their rolls if they choose to also make a ranged attack (unless your character has an edge or some other way to negate said penalty, such as Combat Ace).

    As stated above, your pursuers start at 25 inches (50 yards) away from you, so use that range for any attacks you make in round one. Bad guys have Toughness 12(6), so use that to determine if you Incapacitate any of them.

    The Cards:

    Every flyer and vehicle will automatically get one initiative card to start with. For every success and raise on their Driving, Piloting or Agility roll, they will get one additional card.

    The bad guys will also get a card to start and an additional card for every success and raise on their Agility roll, just like the players. The difference is that for every one of the shadow creatures you manage to Incapacitate, the shadow legion will suffer a -1 to its roll.

    How to Win:

    The players win if either (i) all of the player characters get to 75” (150 yards) away from the bad guys, or (ii) the player characters survive for 5 rounds.

And that’s it! Remember to include any Wound or Fatigue penalties in your rolls if you are carrying any penalties from your battle with the Rexes. If you have any questions at all before we start, feel free to ask before posting. Otherwise, you are all free to post in any order. Have fun!

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Sat May 12, 2018 7:51 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Agility Roll 8, 2 cards plus the 1 everyone gets
Jareb agility Roll 1d8 = 5 (5) wild 1d6 = 4 (4) EF for extra effort with elan i got a baby to protect! 1d6+2 = 3 (1)

The shadow draws itself to us, a living creature of this horrible dark lagoon. The light! The Light! Gift wails as she spies Mr. Wiggles in the muck. Jareb dives down responding to her non verbal cues like a season pro. ” I got it Gift, hang on. Rgghhh.” Jareb ducks, rolls and spins in the air his molting wings seeming to allow him to defy the very laws of physics. He not only splits two shadowy tendrils but somehow calling his c-20 to his hand. He barrell rolls going inverted as he skims the muddy watter. ” Now Gift, Mr wiggles approaches!”. Gift is well secured via the harness Conrad installed, and when Jareb rights himself somehow the muddy Mr. Wiggles is back where he belongs.
Thats my girl. Jareb smiles proudly twists mid air swftly pulling his St. cathrine’s blade into his off hand, and opens fire with his cs made laser pistol with his other. Since he is at medium range he squeezes the trigger twice in rapid sucession.
Shooting hit, 9 damage ap2
Shooting medium range -2, double tap +1= 1d8-1 = 4 (5) wild 1d6-1 = 4 (5)
Damage 2d6+2 = 9 (2, 5)

Ack! A glancing blow! Jareb dives after the light ball trying to put a bit more distance between himself and the approaching darkness.

1 benny spent

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences


Sat May 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 16
Reply with quote
Driving 9, +2 to Jameson, Shooting 8, Damage 18 AP 4
Note: 1 Wound, but Nerves of Steel offsets it

Driving 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Shooting Twin Lasers (+1 Dual linked, +2 damage)
Shooting 1d8+1 = 8 (7)
Wild 1d6+1 = 5 (4)

Damage 2d10+2 = 15 (4, 9) + 1d6 = 3 (3)


Toshiro's hands fly across the controls of the APC as Jameson drives. He does everything he can to make the vehicle more responsive, from shifting the weight of the cargo to make the vehicle more balanced, to engaging the appropriate traction controls when they hit a particularly nasty bog. He even manages to engage the E-brake at just the right moment as Jameson pulls the ATV around a tight turn, causing the APC to drift through the muck and maintain a good amount of speed.

In a quiet moment (relatively speaking at least) Toshiro lines up the sights on the laser turrets mounted on the roof of the APC and fires a volley off and the swarm of shadows approaching from the rear. The burst of light blasts a hole in the middle of the sea of shadows. The shadows quickly flow into the gap, but their advance seems to slow somewhat while doing so.

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 1/4; Fatigue: 0/3;

Parry: 5
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
-1 for EE against Rexs
+1 for Raise against Rexs

Aventure Cards:
Extra Effort: Play this to add +1d6 to any trait roll, this roll may ace.
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force

Edit Signature


Sat May 12, 2018 10:02 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 231
Reply with quote
Bouncing crazily in the ATV's seat, Deezy glanced out the window behind them and saw the roiling mass of shadows thickening. Within that mass she saw shapes...constantly shifting, merging, splitting, but shapes nonetheless.

"Hey, Conrad! Try to drive smoother for a second!"

She unhooked the harness holding her into her chair and, with a grin, produced the device she'd built a few moments ago...a short, blunt cylinder with tapered ends, a little like a metal football. "Got more field testing to do."

The inventor poked the upper half of her body out through the Mountaineer's window. Braced with her legs against the chair and door, it was as stable a platform as she was going to get.

When Deezy manipulated a couple of knobs on the device, the 'metal football' began to expand. The tapered ends telescoped out, forward and backward, turning it into a long tube. One of the ends then split open like flower petals. Light spilled out the open end. She slung the tube over her shoulder, the open end facing the teeming, writhing darkness that was giving chase. Squinching one eye shut, she aimed at the heart of it.

"Oh sheez!" As an afterthought, Deezy lowered her goggles over her eyes, then called into the ATV's cockpit, "Hey, uh, don't look backwards for a second!"

It was a little tricky to aim the thing with the bulk of her goggles in the way. Deezy made a mental note to make the side of the tube indented a little so it would fit more comfortably. Or no! It could have a little scope that extended out from the side. Then the scope could be flush with the tube until needed and pop out when it was in firing configuration. That'd be way better!

"Firing, stage one," she said, and pressed the first trigger.

Out from the end of the tube popped a ball. A shiny ball. Its surface was multifaceted, with each facet being a highly polished mirror. It was about the size of a fist and soared on a curiously flat trajectory to a spot directly over the horde of shadows. Inky tendrils and claws reached up at it, but it was a little too high...and they were unwilling to slow their relentless advance to work harder to get it. A multitude of tiny points of light played over them, reflections from the mirrored surface of the ball, but it was no stronger than the daylight they already swam through.

Deezy giggled with delight to see the ball floating serenely along, keeping pace with the target designation. It was working. "Firing stage two," she announced. Then couldn't help but add, "This is going to be so cool if it doesn't boil our skins off."

She pressed the second trigger.

There was a deep hum, and from the same open end that the ball had come from now came an intense beam of white light. There was the thick smell of burning air, and frying insulation, and smoke began rising from seams in the device's casing. Somehow though, incredibly, the audio playback function still worked though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

The beam of light locked onto the ball, and struck it dead on. The array of crystalline surfaces shattered the light, and suddenly the entire swamp behind the ATV was full of death. Hundreds of scything rays of pure destruction swerved and rotated randomly around. Trees exploded in showers of sparks, water flared up in lines of steam and boiling bubbles...and that was just the devastation one could see at the fringes. The heart of the area burned like the flame at the tip of an arc welder, only much larger...nothing but a shifting mass of laser death.

Deezy, watching through the lenses of her goggles which had turned almost entirely opaque to shield her eyes, cackled wildly. There was a burst of sparks and sizzling electrical arcs from the back of the weapon, and the lightshow came to an end.

Behind the ATV, a massive section of the swamp had been turned into a baked desert. The water evaporated, the mud dried into a cracked pancake surface. Trees and shrubs didn't exist until the edges of that wide radius, and they were still smoldering fitfully. A good player could throw a football across that area, but it'd be a good throw.

The throng of shadows had been cored out. Though more were already boiling in from the edges, the entire area of the crazy laser death storm had been utterly cleansed of them. It would take time for them to make up that distance, and that was precious time gained to escape.

Deezy pulled herself back into the cab, into her seat, and dropped the now-defunct weapon onto the floor at her feet. Her red hair was all floofed from the headwind, and was a bit sooty as well. When she lowered her goggles, Conrad could see that the skin on her face was a little red all around, except for a white band where the goggles had been.

"I love my job," she said gleefully.

Rolls - 7 to hit LBT, 9 targets in blast, 16 damage
Shooting the Blast gadget 1d6+2 = 7 (5) or 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Affects 2d6 = 9 (6, 3) targets with LBT, doing 3d10 = 16 (5, 3, 8) mega-damage, with the Light Trapping.

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Last edited by Deezy Klatta on Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sat May 12, 2018 10:25 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 131
Reply with quote
Piloting 4, 1 additional card
Piloting 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)


Fleeing the shadows of malice, Norona hits the accelerator on his hovercycle. There is no doubt in his mind that this presence is truly of the darkness, a natural enemy to his people. Despite being able to drive above the terrain, the wilderness specialist still has to bob and weave through branches, fallen trees, and other low hanging debris. He can feel his hair brush against the rough bark. Another half inch would have been a decapitation instead of a haircut!

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Sun May 13, 2018 3:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Seeing how close the Darkness has gotten Kuikku wishes he could do something. Looking around the cargo area of the ATV he thinks If only I had a ranged weapon. Then his eyes fall on the former CS rifle he picked up. Wow, I may be worse off then I first thought. Using the various safety straps he moves to one of the combat ports and pokes the C-12 out. Flipping the selector to three-round-burst Kuikku tries to focus and pulls the trigger.

Shooting
-2 Fatigue, +2 3RB
Shooting = 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild = 1d6 = 5 (5)

Damage = 3d6+1 = 11 (5, 4, 1) AP2

The focused light pierces the darkness and at first appears to have no effect. Then Kuikku notices that it did not return to quite the same level of black. I hope that actually did some good and not just my eyes playing tricks on me.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sun May 13, 2018 6:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 56
Reply with quote
Chasing the dragon
Strength to blow through the trees
1d12+4 = 11 (7)

WD Strength
1d6+4 = 5 (1)

Agility - no negative due to Strength
1d6 = 3 (3)

WD Agility
1d6 = 1 (1)

Flame Bolt
1d6-4 = -2 (2)

WD Flame Bolt
1d6-4 = 2 (6)

Ace WD with prior
1d6+2 = 8 (6)

2nd Ace WD with prior
1d6+8 = 12 (4)

Flame Bolt damage with Raise
5d6 = 15 (4, 1, 2, 2, 6)

Ace one damage die with prior
1d6+15 = 18 (3)

Tyraxas quickly becomes frustrated with the foliage and interference. He quickly gives up trying to finesse his way through the swamp, instead opting to muscle his way through the trees, swatting and thundering through the mass of greenery. He roars in frustration and anger. "Mighty Tyraxas does not want to run! I would stand and fight, save for the warning of the light. But let this evil blackness feel my wrath and reconsider!" Rolling over onto his side as he flies, he sucks in a great quantity of air, then releases a concentrated bolt of flame. The bolt strikes the teeming mass of shadows. While the shadows don't retreat, they seem to react poorly to the introduction of dragon's fire into their ghastly blackness. "HA! A palatable blow! I have more of that to offer!"

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 3 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Last edited by Tyraxas on Mon May 14, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun May 13, 2018 1:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


***

“And it ain’t from around here, either,” Sierra added to Norona’s report. “It’s creepy as fuck!”

Sierra took off with the others. She watched Deezy’s little light show and laughed. “I love it!” she exclaimed, blazing and dancing in the air. “I can work with that.” Using the smoke and small fires created by Deezy, Sierra increased their power, sending flames erupting into the darkness, black smoke obscuring their vision.

Agility 4 +1 card
Agility 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

Fire Master 5 -1 to Darkness
+1 ISP for double range from Major Psionic, LBT
Psionics 1d12 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

Aura damage (if applicable) 6 Not enough
3d6 = 6 (1, 1, 4)

OOC Comments
I’m also going to spend my Adventure Card, Speedy Gonzales, for +2 Pace for this scene.

***

Conditions
Flight: Pace 14 (3 rd)
Pace: 8
Shroud: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Fiery Aura
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 13/20
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Card
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.


Everything Burns
1d10 = 7 (7)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 3 (2, 1) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 6
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 310
Reply with quote
Conrad

Conrad gunned the ATV’s engine, but found the wheels spinning in the swamp water, churning up muck and water behind them.
“Dammit,” Conrad swore, shifting gears and changing some of the settings on the AV, “hang on chummers, this is going to be bumpy.”

The ATV reversed and Conrad was then able to punch it forward, hurtling along at speed through the swamp.

OOC Comments
Driving 1d8+1 = 3 (2)
Wild dice 1d6+1 = 3 (2)
benny for extra effort
1d6 = 3 (3)



Meanwhile Jameson, with the help of her silent partner had a much easier time, effortlessly taking the APC through the swamp.

Jameson
OOC Comments
Driving 1d8+3 = 6 (3)
Wild dice 1d6+3 = 9 (6)
1d6+9 = 14 (5)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Wed May 16, 2018 4:45 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 266
Reply with quote
Conditions: It is late afternoon and approximately 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the Swamp. No ley line is nearby.

Initiative Results from Last Round:
  • Conrad: 5 of hearts, queen of hearts
  • Jameson: 2 of hearts, 3 of diamonds, 5 of clubs, queen of diamonds
  • Tyraxas: jack of hearts
  • Jareb: 8 of hearts, 9 of spades, jack of hearts, 7 of hearts
  • Norona: 8 of spades, 9 of diamonds
  • Sierra: 7 of clubs, jack of spades
  • Bad Guys: 6 of clubs


SET on the Run!

As the shadows writhe and surge toward you, the party leaps into immediate action!

Jareb performs an awe-inspiring aerial maneuver, diving to the ground and scooping up truly precious cargo before it can be lost (Mr. Wiggles) without at any point slowing his momentum.

Norona speeds in between trees, losing pursuers at every bob and weave, while mighty Tyraxas simply knocks the trees out of his way. Sierra burns brightly along, spinning and twisting through the air.

On the ground, Conrad's Mountaineer pushes through the muck of the swamp, while Jameson and Toshiro pilot the captured enemy APC with inspiring precision.

And all the while, the enemy is met with a bombardment of lasers, light, and fire, burning back the wave of onrushing shadows and creating valuable distance between you and your pursuers.

Though you can feel freedom is near, you are not out of the woods yet (figuratively or literally)!

Next Up:

Great job on your rolls! You all beat the bad guys' card (I had to roll for them at -12!), so you all gain ground. They are now 50" (100 yards) behind you, and you need to beat their initiative only one more time.

For Sierra: Playing your adventure card got you an additional initiative card for round one and will give you a +1 to your Agility rolls for the remainder of the scene.

You are all free to post in any order, as before. Have fun!

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Sun May 20, 2018 5:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 16
Reply with quote
Driving Success, +1 to Jameson,
Driving 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Shooting Damge 11 AP5 -1 to Bad Guys
Shooting 1d8 = 6 (6) (forgot +1 from dual linked, but didnt matter)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

Damage 2d10+2 = 11 (2, 7) AP5
Notice
Notice 5 (7 on sight) 1d8+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Toshiro watches the rest of the SET and its companions carefully, making mental notes along with the occasional short recording for viewing later. He is highly impressed by the aerial skills of the angel - though he is baffled by why the celestial being is carrying a baby. The raw strength of the Dragon is stupendous, as well as the raw firepower of the Burster, whose heat Toshiro can somehow feel through the window of the APC. He most impressed by Deezy and her engineering skill. Being able to build a arc welder of that size and power is absolutely ridiculous, let alone doing it on the run. Not only is she good at what she does, but she has such passion for it, which is far more important.

Toshiro continues to assist Jameson in driving the APC. At one point they hit a particularly deep bog and a thick green slime coats the front windshield. Seeing that the wipers aren't going to it clear any time soon, Toshiro flips the primary controls for the APC over to his side of the console. He closes his eyes and reaches out with his expanded detection and security array implant. He has to strain it to its limits in order to get the range to allow him drive, but manages to navigate the twists of and turns of the half formed road, dodging downed trees and deep potholes while the wipers do their work. When he senses that the slimes has been clear from the windshield enough to see through, he opens his eyes and flips the control back to Jameson.

Toshiro wipes the sweat trickling down his forhead before it gets in his eyes, and fires another laser burst at the mass of shadows. The Blast connects, leaving yet another gaping hole. Amazingly, they somehow continue surging forward, numbers seemingly endless, despite the massive amount of firepower the Set has thrown at them.

didnt really ace
Ace 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Ace 2 1d6+12 = 18 (6)

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 1/4; Fatigue: 0/3;

Parry: 5
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
-1 for EE against Rexs
+1 for Raise against Rexs

Aventure Cards:
Extra Effort: Play this to add +1d6 to any trait roll, this roll may ace.
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force

Edit Signature


Last edited by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' on Tue May 22, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.



Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
Notice 15
Notice 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Ace 1d6+12 = 15 (3)


***

Sierra weaved and dodged through the tall trees. She’d never really gotten to do this much, just a few practice courses during basic training. She was in the zone, seeing the path ahead clearly, anticipating the twists and turns and low branches that attempted to knock her from the sky. She gave into the adrenaline and gave a hoot of delight.

“C’mon, you motherfuckers!” Sierra yelled back at the mass of shadows as she twisted about, focusing on the trees again. They were damp and wet, so when she superheated them in the area of the shadows, the water rapidly expanded and boiled, causing them to explode in jagged wooden shrapnel that shredded everything in its path.

Agility 11 2 Success
Agility 1d6+1 = 7 (6)
Ace 1d6+7 = 11 (4)
Wild 1d6+1 = 5 (4)


Fire Mastery 6 Success
Psionics 1d12 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


***

Conditions
+1 to Agility speed rolls
Flight: Pace 14 (2 rd)
Pace: 8
Shroud: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Fiery Aura
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 13/20
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Card
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene. USED


Everything Burns
1d10 = 6 (6)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 7 (1, 6) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 6
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka


Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 131
Reply with quote
Piloting 15, 3 cards
Piloting 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


Gunning the engine, Norona tries to put even more distance between himself and the shadowy darkness. There would be a time to fight it, but only when they knew more. He knows his meagre weapons would be of little us. Instead he stays focused on the task ahead, his eyes darting quickly to skirt around obstacles, dive through trees, and skim low over the waters.

As he moves with grace and alacrity the woodman suddenly recalls their mission, cultists. He momentarily considers if they are some how linked to this malignant force. If so, then the 32nd would surely need much help form the Ascended.

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Tue May 22, 2018 10:33 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 266
Reply with quote
GM Mini Update:

As the party continues its escape, anyone who succeeds in their Notice roll will see that the shadows seem to be forming into something huge. At first, it looks just like the outline of a building: a skyscraper, maybe, from one of the megacities. Then the tower of shadow moves toward you, bending near the middle just like... a limb? It takes a massive step and you can feel the swamp shudder even from this distance, and an otherworldly roar sounds in your ears. The roar is strange, though, as if it were reaching you from miles away instead of the 100 yards or so between you and the shadows.

The shadows swirl around the massive limb, which reaches up above the canopy of the trees and is lost in the glare of the sun above. It doesn't have a truly distinctive form, other than its sheer size, and as you look at it, small streaks of shadow launch themselves from the main body and come flying towards you with incredible velocity.

More and more small streaks join the first, and they speed toward you in unwavering paths, blasting through trees and vegetation without slowing.

Whatever that is, it can't be good...

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 231
Reply with quote
Deezy Klatta clucked her tongue against the roof of her mouth and slammed the heel of her hand against her now-defunct weapon. The trigger assembly fell off, and she hurled it to the floor angrily. The looming pillar of shadow was too far to blast with the Omniblaster, and she didn't think a sweet AC system was going to help right now! What else did she have?!

Oh hey.

She hauled out the 'gravity gun' prototype she'd slapped together, anticipating a need to pluck someone out of neck-deep mud at some point. The device was kind of like the Slumber Slammer in that it would be power-hungry. But might it also be effective?

Deezy thought maybe yes.

There were two ways to get away from a skyscraper of malign darkness after all. One was ripping it up with explosions of pure light...the other was to GO FASTER.

She dipped down into the ATV again for a moment and shouted over the howl of engines, "Conrad! Get ready! We're gonna have a tailwind in a second here! Don't crash!"

Of all the things she'd said, even in the past ten minutes, that ranked pretty low on the 'comparative threat level.'

This, Deezy thought, would be a really interesting way to test whether or not telekinetic energy was subject to normal laws of action and reaction. Normally a force originating from an object couldn't add energy to the same object after all. You couldn't pull yourself into the air by grabbing your feet and yanking. Telekinesis followed different rules though. She was pretty sure.

Mostly sure.

The device lit up in her hands as Deezy manipulated its controls; a bright green-blue light shining between narrowly spaced metal plates, all contained within a high-tech enclosure, save for an open end. She aimed that end backwards, twisted some dials and such to target the effect, then clenched back on what looked like a bicycle's brake handle, built into the right-hand handle that jutted from the machine's side.

A tendril of turquoise light blasted out through the air, then looped back on itself to strike the ATV solidly on the back bumper. In the driver's seat, Conrad felt the vehicle lurch, and suddenly begin surging forward faster than the engine alone could explain!

(Using Exalted Telekinesis from a gadget to try to accelerate our pace and help escape!)
Rolls: 5
1d10+2 = 5 (3) TW skill, or 1d6+2 = 4 (2) wild.

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 56
Reply with quote
Must go faster. Must go faster!
Strength
1d12+4 = 13 (9)

WD Strength
1d6+4 = 6 (2)

Agility - penalties removed by success and raise on Strength roll
1d6 = 1 (1)

WD Agility
1d6 = 2 (2)

Fire breath (long range)
1d6-4 = -1 (3)

WD fire breath
1d6-4 = 2 (6)

Ace WD fire breath with prior
1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Fire breath damage
4d6 = 9 (3, 2, 3, 1)

Tyraxas continues pushing forward, swiping and barreling into trees to make room for his bulk. He curses the distance between his foe, wishing he could stand and fight...until the mass shifts into a massive silhouette, toppling towards them. He shouts to anyone who might be able to hear him. "We...should go faster."
As a vain attempt, he spits another blast of fire backwards at the beast. The strike lands, but to little effect. One little match did not light the sequoia. "This thing has ignored my fire. Advance!" He redoubles his efforts at muscling through the trees, a sense of dread beginning to overtake him. What devilry is this that it sneers at my mighty fire?!

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 3 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Last edited by Tyraxas on Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Agility 9, 2 successes
Agility 1d8 = 3 (3) wild 1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences


Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 266
Reply with quote
GM Mini Update

Swirling around the massive limb, countless other of the smaller shadows still rush toward the party, seeking to overtake you.

Anyone who already posted but would like to add a +2 to their attack for Matter of Size may do so. Going forward, if you’d like to target the mass of shadows, you may do so at +2.

Thanks!

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Wed May 23, 2018 3:14 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 310
Reply with quote
Conrad

Conrad could see the huge shadow behind them; whilst he was generally happy to conserve ammo, this was the sort of situation that required heavy firepower.

"Deezy, use the rail gun."

Driving 7
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 6 (4)
1d6+2 = 7 (5)



Jameson

She kept her eyes on the road as it were, trusting her teammates to deal with the problem behind them.

Driving 7
OOC Comments
1d6+2 = 3 (1)
1d6+2 = 7 (5)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Wed May 23, 2018 4:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice: 4
Shooting: 0 (forgot to put the -2 in the roll)

-2 fatigue
Notice = 1d8-2 = 0 (2)
Wild = 1d6-2 = 4 (6)

-2 Fatigue, -2 Unstable Platform, -2 Medium Range (negated with Laser Sight), +2 3RB
Shooting = 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild = 1d6 = 2 (2)

Kuikku looked back with hope until he saw 'his' lighter spot explode in a blinding flash. Oh, that may have been something from Deezy. It exploded like it was. Blinking his eyes in an effort to restore vision Kuikku sees the darkness growing. Dang, that flash really messed my vision up. It is not until the smaller parts start flying towards the group, and destroying the vegetation, that he realizes his eyes are working just fine.

”Guys, I really think we need to go faster if at all possible. Or else we need some way of stopping THAT from chasing us.” With that he takes aim at some of the 'shadow darts' and hopes for the best. Unfortunately the bouncing vehicle, and concussion, threw his aim off and the shots had no effect.

Status
Two levels of Fatigue
Cyber-Armor Active: Toughness 19(8)MDC
ISP: 6/10
Bennies: 1

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.