View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:10 am



Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ] 
 Journey to Hope 1.2: Slavers on the River 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1700
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers: None yet
Round 0

***

The trip upriver started out wet. Luckily there were plenty of tarps to go around to make ad hoc tents, and even collect the rainwater. But soon a breeze came up, scudding the clouds and rain away, and it actually felt a bit nice to bask in the sun and dry out.

There was little of interest as they traveled. Squinting against the sun off the water, they occasionally made out small settlements along the river, mostly on the east bank Coalition side. But the boat didn’t stop to trade. An occasional large shadow floated by in the river below them, but nothing molested the travelers. Up on the roof of the towboat, one of the crew lazes beside the light ion cannon, keeping a desultory watch on the banks and the river.

Nine hours into the journey, as cookstoves are getting hauled out to prepare supper, a line of smoke appears, rising up ahead from the east bank of the river behind a line of cottonwood trees. A bright ley line crossed the river running east to west up ahead. Captain Norris came out on the deck and shielded his eyes as he peered up ahead. He started giving quiet orders to his crew before hopping across to the first barge to consult with Charlemagne.

“Seems there might be some trouble up ahead,” William Norris said. “I’m gonna edge us to the other side of the river an’ try an’ slip on past,” he explained. “There are some small boats if you folk want to check it out.” He indicated the overturned lifeboats on the front edges of the barges.

Up above, the top gunner was perking up. The mercenaries on the rear barge were also forming up, grabbing their weapons. Even Toad snorted as he smelled the smoke on the air.

Getting to shore
The barges have small boats they can use to get the party to shore, but it will take tying up at the beach to be able to offload Toad or the Mountaineer, which can’t be done without being noticed. Contacts, mercenaries, and the crew can remain with the barge to protect it, as the captain plans to hopefully slip past without being noticed. If you want to do otherwise, let me know.


Combat Notes
Initiative:

Ashley
Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes after first round)
Karsk and Toad (Quick)
Vik
Leonard (Quick)
Charlemagne
Thomas

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)

Enemies:


Map


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Fri May 25, 2018 3:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 5
OOC Comments
1d8 (5)
1d6 (3)


Karsk sniffed the air and could smell the smoke drifting over from the distance.

"Karsk happy to check it out." he says, collecting his vibrospear


KahlessNestor wrote:
Even Toad snorted as he smelled the smoke on the air.


"Calm Toad, no need for you yet." Karsk reassured the Rhino Buffalo.


Fri May 25, 2018 4:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Thomas looks at the situation and thinks maybe everyone is being haste-full. "I would hate to see someone get injured. Don't you think we should protect the boat? Maybe there is a way around that wont involve risking these poor children and civilians?"
Offering up his own services selflessly he says. "I could scry out the situation so we know what is going on. If it is really important or if people are in danger then we will have the information we need."

Then concentrating Thomas sends forth his mind through his staff, looking at the battle scene and searching for what intelligence he can share with the others.

EX Detect Arcana 5 Success, Clairvoyance 5 success w/all 5 senses
Exalted Detect Arcana (4 PPE) Activated first and used through Clairvoyance
Spell Casting 1d8+1 = 4 (3)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 5 (4)


Clairvoyance (Sight, Sounds, Smells, Arcane = 6 PPE)
Spell Casting 1d8+1 = 2 (1)
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 5 (4)


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 30/20 (Assumed 40 from ley lines - 10 used here as people are getting ready)
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    Elemental Mastery

Bennies 3
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting


Fri May 25, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Thomas
Thomas focused his mystic senses and cast them out toward the ley line and smoke, over the trees. He was almost blinded by the magical brilliance of the ley line. The acrid smoke assaults his nose. He hears screams as his vision dives through the smoke. A small human village on the bank of the river appears. Fields of corn stretch to the east, and a pasture sits on the south side of the village, which is shielded from the river by the cottonwood trees.

A few of the houses are burning, creating the smoke. In the center of the village sits a large, floating barge. On it sat a fat, tentacled monstrosity with a grinning maw full of sharp teeth, laughing and tormenting villagers as they ran past in an attempt to get to safety.

Throughout the village, several gorgeous armored women with visors over their eyes moved through the village, grabbing villagers, shooting them with stun weapons, dragging them south to the pasture where one of the women stood guard over seemingly passive villagers.


Fear
Thomas needs to make a Fear check.


Exalted Detect
You can see telepathy, darksight, and farsight.
It is a Splugorth slaver. He has 40 PPE

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Sat May 26, 2018 12:04 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Karsk wrote:
Notice 5
OOC Comments


Karsk sniffed the air and could smell the smoke drifting over from the distance.

"Karsk happy to check it out." he says, collecting his vibrospear


KahlessNestor wrote:
Even Toad snorted as he smelled the smoke on the air.


"Calm Toad, no need for you yet." Karsk reassured the Rhino Buffalo.


Mr. Marvin leans over the bardge looking out at the murky waters. He is emptying a sack into the water and then wipes his mouth. He smiles jovial at Lenny, ”So Lenny, how are you at boating? I hate to have to swim on a full stomach if you know what I mean.”

Mr. Marvin nods at the resident canibal then lowers a boat into the river as quietly as possible. Before hoping on the boat his sniffs the air to get a sense of anything that might be lurking nearby. Either way he hops on and either boats it himself or lets an other.
” Lets do this Splashman, remember the river near Tolkeen? Didn’t you just splash us accross? Regardless, no snacking.”
Notice 9 with detect arcana as smell, danger sense 7, stealth 7
Notice 1d6 (3) wild 1d6 (1)-2 for danger sense, detect arcana with smell. Benny EF 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Stealth 1d8 (7) wild 1d6 (3)

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude
-1 EF attack Altaran


Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Fear Check
Spirit 1d6 (5)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Surveying the scene Thomas is shocked by what he sees and a little bit frightened as well, But he finds himself to tempted not to continue looking around. When he is done with his trance he comes out of it, his face white as he looks to the others.

After explaining to them everything he saw he says. “It is pretty bad up there. A Slaver and a half dozen altaren are rounding up a village. I think it is likely too late to save any of the villagers they have taken as slaves.” His face looking dejected from the defeat he adds. “But perhaps we can at least be on guard for if they return, we could prevent this from happening to others.”

Thinking to himself this is really a prime situation. The slave barges rarely waste time looting as their primary commodity is the people, there could be a lot of valuable stuff the team could use once the slavers clear out. But these goody two-shoes would likely scoffs at the good fortune.


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 16/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    Elemental Mastery

Bennies 3
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting


Sat May 26, 2018 1:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Thomas wrote:
Fear Check
Spirit Original post: 1d6 (5)
Wild Original post: 1d6 (5)


Surveying the scene Thomas is shocked by what he sees and a little bit frightened as well, But he finds himself to tempted not to continue looking around. When he is done with his trance he comes out of it, his face white as he looks to the others.

After explaining to them everything he saw he says. “It is pretty bad up there. A Slaver and a half dozen altaren are rounding up a village. I think it is likely too late to save any of the villagers they have taken as slaves.” His face looking dejected from the defeat he adds. “But perhaps we can at least be on guard for if they return, we could prevent this from happening to others.”

Thinking to himself this is really a prime situation. The slave barges rarely waste time looting as their primary commodity is the people, there could be a lot of valuable stuff the team could use once the slavers clear out. But these goody two-shoes would likely scoffs at the good fortune.


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 16/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    Elemental Mastery

Bennies 3
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting

((Rolls Carried Over))
Mr. Marvin looks at Tommy as he is getting into the boat. He smiles like he is looking at his next meal, ” I am going over to help those people. Slavers you say, that sounds bad. If I or you were in that situation, I would be hoping beyond hope that there were some goddamn heroes near by. Stay on the boat or come with us I do not care, but if you do not back up those who are going in to save those poor folks. You better hope I do not come back.”

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude
-1 EF attack Altaran


Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
A little put off and defensive Thomas says. "Well of course I will come and help. I was only pointing out that it may be too late. No need to be offended Mr Marvin."
Climbing into the boat Thomas can be heard mumbling something, those who listen may hear accusations of insanity and not all sharing the desire for suicide of a juicer. But the words are soft enough that they are still indecipherable.

OOC Comments
For the battle, we can have Thomas come in under True Invisible and try to Slumber the warrior women?
It is impossible to surprise the Slaver, so that will be a desperate battle.

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d8 (4)
Knowledge Wild 1d6 (3)


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 16/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    Elemental Mastery

Bennies 3
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting


Sat May 26, 2018 3:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Ashley frowns confusedly. "Splugorth? Is that some kind of demon?"

She runs her hands through her hair.

"All right. We can't just let them steal people. What's the plan?"


Sun May 27, 2018 8:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Thinking there is no reason to leave the lady in the dark Thomas answers. "The Slugorth are gods who take over planets. But this is just one of its Slaver's. They are like bio-wizard super borgs who are always accompanied by slave girls that fight like juicers.
"Still dangerous, but I am sure Charlemagne and Mr. Marvin will be able to defeat it. Maybe I can get a couple few of them close enough together to put them to sleep and we can redeem them. I hear there is a decent repentance rate among the women."


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 16/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    One With Elements (recast every hour or so for out of combat coolness, not used in combat)
    Prepared for battle

Bennies 3
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting


Sun May 27, 2018 9:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice - Lyn-Srial vision ignores dim & dark penalties
1d8 (5)

WD Notice
1d6 (6)

Ace WD Notice with prior
1d6+6 = 11 (5)

Charlemagne enjoys the peacefulness of the trip, until it is interrupted by smoke. He waits patiently as Thomas relays his report. Shaking his head, he confirms what most would expect from him. "We shall not leave the innocents to slavers of any kind, be they Moors or Splugorth." He looks over the faces of his friends. He turns to Norris. "Captain, my people and I will be going ashore. I leave the watercraft to you, sir. We shall be returning, victorious in our noble defense of the defenseless, forthwith. If you would, hold the barges with our mercenary cohort near the village. I may signal for reinforcements, and we have them in quantity. We will not be taking our beast or our motorized transport at this time."

He turns back to the 101st. With Marvin already in the boat, he smiles. "To the boats, friends. Let us join our compatriot Mr. Marvin in his exuberance to do combat with the forces of evil. I will take to the air, as I am able, and will lead you into battle once more. I shall call orders and formations as the scene unfolds, but clustering together is rarely a good idea when artillery is in play. Spread out as you are able. Stay within sight of each other, and seek the flanks. Leave no foe alive at your back." With that, he activates his cyber-armor and beats his wings, pulling himself into the air and towards the village.

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Sun May 27, 2018 8:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Notice 7
1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Leo sequestered himself off in his own little nook of the barge, watching the tress listlessly meander by as the days drearily passed. Not being very fond of the tight quarters, Leo made it a habit to slip away in the evenings to rest by his lonesome in the mountaineer -- this routine continued, essentially unmolested, until the rather unorthodox column of smoke was brought to his attention by all of the ensuing commotions on the barge.

Looking hectic, Leo tries his best to discern some passable information from his allies -- although he very visibly doesn't keep up with the rapidly unfolding events, merely replying to Thomas's initial suggestion with a confused "Uh. . .", as Marvin is already lowering a boat into the river. Catching his full attention, Leo scampers over to join Marvin, eyeing the boat tepidly, "I should be able to get it to shore, at the very least. . ."

It's been awhile since I've even seen schematics for an aquatic vehicle, let alone pilot one -- it looks simple enough. . .

Giving his attire a quick once-over, Leo hops in the boat with a surprising deftness as Thomas imparts his grim information, again, even through Leo's trim coat, he looks pale at the mention of slavers. Surprised, and somewhat heartened by Marvin's blunt candor, Leo finds himself affirming the need to act quickly, "Slavers. . . that sounds horrendous, let's, uh, get a move on before we're too late!"
Somewhat endeared by Ashely's ensuing question, Leo is relieved he's not the only one that's never heard of a Sploogorth. Although that brief respite is short-lived after Thomas's description, if Leo was pale before, he now looked almost faint!

Well, this is exactly what Schparkle-butt's are called to do!

Swallowing his hesitation, and steeling what mettle he has, Leo attempts to get the boat moving -- albeit his nose turned towards the pillar of smoke, an anxious curiosity nipping at the back of his mind. Although Charlemagne seemed unphased by the notion of encountering these slavers, Leo wishes he could muster the same cocksure attitude -- although a formidable weapon, his Side-arm seemed suddenly less capable.

Unnecessary
Untrained 1d4-1 = 1 (2)
Wild 1d6-1 = 2 (3)
Extra Effort 1d6 (1)


We have to save those people. . .

_________________
Leo IV

Bennies: 5/3

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 20/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Last edited by Leonard IV on Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 28, 2018 12:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 7
OOC Comments
1d8 (6)
wild dice 1d6 (6) ace 1d6 (1)


Karsk cocked his new shotgun

"Don't bother with an engine, Karsk can make it move with his mind."

OOC Comments
Using energy control water on his telekinesis to provide propulsion 10 ISP for exalted telekinesis
How long does it take?


Mon May 28, 2018 8:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Posts: 17
Reply with quote
Eager to show her abilities, Brianna grabs her weapons and heads into the boat right behind Marvin. "Let us see what these slavers are all about." In the boat she readies her dual great chain swords. Eagerly she waits for the boat to come close enough to shore so that she can jump out and make her way to the front lines.


Mon May 28, 2018 11:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Ashley gets on the barge as well, eying Brianna's swords with some trepidation.

"Right, okay, but what's the plan?"


Mon May 28, 2018 11:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
rolls carried

"Who has the biggest gun?" Karsk shrugged, "Shoot lots of heavy weapons at the slaver, rest of us attack the warrior women, free the slaves, eat."


Mon May 28, 2018 11:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
"That's...not really a plan," Ash sighs. "But if it's what we've got, okay. I don't know what the rest of you use, but I have a feeling I have one of the bigger guns. I'll focus on the big demon thing...try to keep it busy as long as I can."


Mon May 28, 2018 12:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Thomas looks aghast. "Wait, so our plan for defeating one of the biggest deadliest supernatural horrors on the continent, supported by an elite squad of assassins is to shot it?
"Are you insane..."
Then thinking about what he already knows his eyes get a little big. "What the heck am I talking about. Of course you are insane. We need a real plan, something other than run in and hope the crazy assassin women don't kill us."
Turning his head towards Charlemagne he asks. "Charlemagne, do you have a real plan. Please tell me we have a real plan?"


Mon May 28, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
(Rolls held)

Leo double-takes at Karsk's mention of using telekenesis to move the boats, he understood the meaning, it just seemed so nonchalant.

Has. . . has he always been psychic? I guess it makes sense, but water control?! Is, is he moving the boat by means of localized pressure variations in the water. . . I suppose if he could create a pocket of negative pressure towards the bow and positive pressure near the stern, you could theoretically siphon the boat. . .

Clearly distracted by a spurious tangent of thought, Leo just sort of nods to Karsk, "Uhm, well, by all means then. I'm sure it would be much quieter than even a dampened engine. . ." Scratching his chin in scholarly thought, Leo suddenly remembers how tenuous the current situation actually was in face of Ashley and Thomas's concerns.

Leaping into action without forethought is what nearly cost him his life to the Federation of Magic. . . "Well, I can't offer much in terms of strategy, but I could focus on gathering survivors -- if we could subdue the attache, maybe the large, um, supernatural monstrosity could be easier to focus on. . . You're a magician, right Thomas? Is there some means by which you could incapacitate the warrior women?"

Still looking perturbed, Leo subconsciously checks to make certain the curious sword he found back in that shanty town was on his person -- he was competent with a sidearm, but something about the surety of precisely tempered alloy was relieving. Even if it seemed impractical.

_________________
Leo IV

Bennies: 5/3

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 20/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Mon May 28, 2018 3:37 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
A plan... Why does it always come down to a plan?

Mr. Marvin looked at the ratag squad. ” Charlie, I have a suggestion or two. Step 1 get ashore, step 2 fan out in pairs. Charlie and I go in full of melee madness. Ash and tommy burn the monster down and if he has some kind of protective screen time your attack with Charles and myself, Tommy you got the magic juice so get those warrior women to go asleep. Bree and Vik do what you do best, support them and watch our backs. Lay down the thunder but do not wake the women. Lenny, you are in charge of the hostages, don’t get killed. Splashman, just eat everything and everyone that is not us or the hostages. Sounds like you are also our new captain.”
He flashes a friendly smile, ” So how does that sound for a plan?”

Mr marvin finishes getting his load bearing rig situated and pulls a new gleaming blade out of the water.

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude
-1 EF attack Altaran


Mon May 28, 2018 3:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 46
Reply with quote
"Slugs? Oh randy were-bears, hold on a tick," Vik says, before running off toward the Mountaineer.

He returns, having missed most of the ensuing conversation, with his TK machine-gun, a massive weapon, just barely man-portable, with a housing that looks vaguely like an old Vickers machine gun.

"Oy, this shooter'll put some holes in the big Slaver, and them blind beauties, too, tho I hate to shoot a good-looking woman 'less she's coming at me with a blade or mini-missiles or somefin'. I can whip up a little something to super-charge the shots, too, so's getting the shield on that barge down'll be lickety-lollipop, as if we was a buncha teeny-gals out raving on Molly. If Mr. Vik and Father Vickers don't put enough holes in the Slug, having that shield down'll make it easier for everyone to get in and grab a slice."

Creating Smite gadget
Techno-Wizardry + Machine Maestro (out of combat) 1d10+4 = 5 (1)
Wild 1d6+4 = 8 (4)
Since a 1 doesn't appear to have an effect outside of activating a device, looks like that's a success with a raise, so the Smite device has 15 PPE.

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.


Mon May 28, 2018 8:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 1

***

Marvin and Leo Detect Arcana
Darksight, Farsight, Telepathy


Thomas
Elemental Mastery? Is that a spell or edge? I can’t seem to find it in the books, or on your character sheet. What is it?


Karsk and Energy Control + Exalted TK
We’ll say it will only take 3 rounds to get to shore. So you can drop the TK or keep it in maintenance mode as combat starts.


Captain William Norris nodded to Charlemagne. “We’ll pull up under the ley line. Hopefully it will help mask us,” he said. He was clearly nervous, and the man stationed on the top gun was alert and ready, the mercenaries on the rear barge, as well.

The boat was essentially a large rubber inflatable reminiscent of those fast craft used to insert special forces teams. It had a quiet electric engine, but that proves unnecessary, as Karsk controls the water to push them along completely silent.

A small beach lay along the bank in a slight bend of the river. The village could be seen through a screen of cottonwood trees. It wasn’t engulfed in flames, but there were several fires that was starting to spread. Small tufts of cotton floated from the trees with the smoke, getting into fur and hair and open mouths.

Several humans sat or knelt placidly in a nearby pasture, looked over by an alert Altaran warrior woman in light armor with forearm blasters and some kind of long rod sparking energy at the tip. She wasn’t looking at you, but you know from Altarans at Castle Refuge that she didn’t need to be in order to see you. Four other Altarans could be seen moving about the village through the smoke, chasing and capturing fleeing villagers. One Altaran stood on the skiff in the center of the village, in front of the blubbery, tentacled splugorth slaver, who laughed and cackled at the antics of the fleeing humans, safely behind a shimmering energy barrier.

The splugorth wrapped a tentacle around the Altaran woman. She tensed, but made no move to resist as he gave her cheek a long, slow lick with his slobbering tongue, knocking her visor off. She caught it deftly and moved away to the edge of the skiff, as if to keep alert rather than get away from the monster. She shook out her long blonde hair before replacing her visor.

None of the Altarans nor the splugorth seem to notice your presence yet.

Fear check
Everyone except Thomas needs to make a fear check as they see the Splugorth.


Vik
You recognize a familiar face. The Altaran Warrior Woman on the skiff is your old partner and lover Charlize that you had to leave behind after a job on Atlantis!


Combat Notes
Please check the list of conditions above.

Trailblazers have surprise. PLAYERS ARE ON HOLD. But the enemies have Danger Sense (already rolled). Roll Agility. If you beat a 7 you go before Charlie. If you beat a 5, you go before the Slaver.

Initiative:

Ashley HOLD
Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes after first round) HOLD
Karsk (Quick) HOLD
Vik HOLD
Leonard (Quick) HOLD
Charlemagne HOLD
Thomas HOLD
Brianna HOLD
Charlize WC HOLD Agility 7
Splugorth Slaver HOLD Agility 5
AWW x 5 KD

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Tue May 29, 2018 3:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
On the boat as they made their way over, Ash concentrated. Though pyrokinesis was definitely her specialty, she was a powerful telekinetic as well. It made sense, she figured. It was all about movement, in the end. If she could move atoms and molecules to increase temperature, why not move whole objects around too? With her new armored suit she didn't think she'd need her flaming aura as much, which was nice. She didn't want to melt a hole in the boat after all.

She stepped off onto shore, crested a shallow rise, and stopped in her tracks. The scene was worse than she could ever have imagined. All those people. And there in the center of it...

Ashley hadn't seen a lot of 'demons' before. She'd never gone to war for the Coalition, and when she'd been on her own before joining the Legion she'd tried to keep out of trouble as much as she could while learning to use and control her powers. Most of the scraps she'd gotten into were with bandits and gangs.

The creature on that hovering platform was something so repulsive, so elementally wrong, that for a moment all she could do was stare in horror. But then, like clouds parting, a crack in the horror opened up and the light behind it came pouring through. The light was anger. Not petty, vindictive anger borne of frustration and helplessness, but something else entirely. A kind of righteous fury.

Ash started advancing up the road a little, gathering extra power from the environment as she went. Tapping ley lines always seemed ghoulish to her before. They were made of DEAD people, after all. Now though it felt right. The souls of countless people, killed by monsters, would now strike out at a monster. It was as if Ashley had become an instrument of vengeance for something much greater than herself. There was no need to hold back here, no compunction, no hesitation.

Flame rose around her, and shifted color as she drew on the ancient power in the air. From yellow-white the corona turned to a shivery blue; the color of a young star burning with fresh fuel. Where she walked the stones of the road glowed in the shape of footprints.

"Get. Off. My. WORLD!"

Ashley balled her fists and punched the air, and with each motion a blast of blue-white plasma rocketed from her hand and shrieked down the open avenue straight at the Splugorth barge and its denizen! One of the Altarans hurled herself out of its way, but she was not Ash's target.

The first blast struck some kind of force field surrounding the minion of the Splugorth...and with a flash and the sound of thunder, it tore through it as if it wasn't there, striking the monster high on the shoulder and searing through the potent bio-wizardries that protected it! The creature reeled and spun around...just in time to take yet another searing blast on its chest. The thick layer of goo sizzled and evaporated, protecting it from the worst of the onslaught, but it still left a scar there. It had enough time to shield its head with its arms before another blast impacted there, scalding it badly but saving its own life.

"Leave us alone," Ash said, breathing hard from the exertion. "Just leave us alone."

(Move up the road to the spot between the two tree tiles, attacks for 32 MD, 24 MD, 21 MD; all attacks at AP8, shakes and 2 wounds on Slaver unless it soaks)

Rolls: Armor 7, Fear 6, Agility 8, 11 ISP and 2 bennies spent
Pre-fight Mega-Armor roll: 1d12 (1) or 1d6 (2), 5 ISP spent; Toughness is 18 (11) MD
Benny for EE on Armor (elan) 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Disregard this roll; should be a reroll, per GM in Hangouts
Benny for reroll 1d12+2 = 6 (4) or 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Fear Check (spirit) 1d10 (6) or 1d6 (3)
Agility check: 1d6 (5) or 1d6 (2)
Benny Ability for EE 1d6+2 = 3 (1)

Light 'em up! Fire bolts (RoF 3, 2 ISP each attack to gain +8 AP, -1 visibiltiy, +2 size modifier)
1d12+1 = 4 (3) or 1d6+1 = 2 (1) for 6d6 (6, 1, 5, 6, 2, 2) damage, 32 MD AP 8
Two aces: 2d6 (5, 5)
1d12+1 = 8 (7) or 1d6+1 = 6 (5) for 6d6 (3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 4) damage, 24 MD AP 8
Raise 1d6 (4)
1d12+1 = 9 (8) or 1d6+1 = 3 (2) for 6d6 (1, 1, 3, 3, 5, 5) damage, 21 MD AP 8
Raise 1d6 (3)


Last edited by Ashley Logan on Tue May 29, 2018 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.



Tue May 29, 2018 5:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
As they approach the shore Thomas says. “I will see if there is anything I can do to help. But this kind of combat has always been more my brothers forte.” Then attempting to activate his cloak he suddenly finds it making a his sounds as sparks fly from the cloak. Unable to accept it could be his own failing Thomas is annoyed. "That rat sold me a lemon." He says as the cloak apparently becomes useless.

True Invisibility, critical failure need a technical difficulties roll
Activating True Invisibility prior to combat.
Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 2 (1)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
-10 PPE

Technical Difficulty 1d6 (6)
    Severe Failure: T he device or gear applies a −4 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus (such as with Armor) is reduced by 4.
Wow, that sucked
Agility for interrupt 3 and Spirit to unshake from failure 4
Agility 1d6 (2)
Wild 1d6 (3)

Spirit to unshake
Spirit 1d6 (4)
Wild 1d6 (4)
As they move ashore Thomas separates himself from the group so as not to be trapped inside a blast or other reckless attack. Moving to south east along the tree line he sees the flying barge with its dread master commanding the slaves and prepares to concentrate, but the creature is too fast and disappears from his sight!


Voided by loosing Interrupt
Suddenly altaren warrior women begin coming from all around attacking the slaver as he realizes those that are here to defend him are actually the killing him. Then moving back behind the safety of the trees Thomas maintains his illusionary grasp on the Slavers mind.

Deadly Illusion 10 to activate. Rolled 11 to inflict 1 wound from the women attacking him, Maintaining Full cover from trees
Deadly illusion
Activation roll
Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 7 (6)
Wild 1d6+1 = 6 (5)
Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 10 (3)
-6 PPE

Attack Roll
Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 5 (4)
Wild 1d6+1 = 7 (6) Ace 1d6+7 = 11 (4)

Where's Tommy
Right about here.
Attachment:
Where's tommy.jpg
Where's tommy.jpg [ 106.45 KiB | Viewed 1687 times ]

Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 0/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    One With Elements (recast every hour or so for out of combat coolness, not used in combat)
    Prepared for battle

Bennies 2
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting
    -1 Extra Effort to activate Deadly Illusion on Slaver


Tue May 29, 2018 7:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 46
Reply with quote
Agility 9 to interrupt
Agility 1d6 (1)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace! 1d6+6 = 9 (3)


Spirit 5 vs Fear
EDIT: Forgot to roll Fear earlier
Spirit 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (5) = Success


Super-Charging Father Vickers and Spraying Some Lead
Used View-Master of Mastery to cast Greater Boost Trait (Shooting) on self on the boat ride over (so 2 rounds before maintenance)
Techno-Wizardry 1d10+2 = 7 (5) = Success with Auto-Raise, +4d to Shooting, 5 PPE used
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Round 1 Actions
Activate Energizer E-Clip to cast Greater Smite with a nonlethal/telekinetic knockout trapping on the TK Machinegun, with a -2 MAP
Techno-Wizardry 1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (2)
Shiiiiiiit. Using Benny for Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 6 (4) = Success, +4 to damage, 4 PPE used from device, 1 Benny used

Move 5 hexes north, so I have a clear line of sight to the barge, then full autofire with TK Machinegun at Charlize; Shooting is boosted to 1d12+2, +2 from armor, -2 MAP, -2 recoil; EDIT: I forgot the -1 for smoke/flames, but it doesn't change the results.
Shot 1 1d12 (2) = Miss, innocent bystander = 1 or 2, the Altaran halfway in between, 3 or 4, the slaver 1d4 (2)
Shot 2 1d12 (3) = Miss
Shot 3 1d12 (10) = Hit with a Raise
Shot 4 1d12 (6) = Hit
Wild 1d6 (3) = Miss

Damage is 2d8+4, +4 Greater Smite, +2 HJ table ability, AP 7 (2 +5 from HJ table).
Damage Shot 1 (Altaran) 2d8+10 = 14 (1, 3) = 14 nonlethal Damage, AP 7 vs. the intervening Altaran
Damage Shot 3 (Charlize, shield up, raise) 2d8+10 = 16 (4, 2)+ 1d6 (1) = 17 nonlethal damage, AP 7, drops shield
Damage Shot 4 (Charlize, shield down) 2d8+10 = 17 (1, 6) = 17 nonlethal damage, AP 7 vs. Charlize, which should be enough for Shaken + 2 Wounds


Vik jumps off the boat like one of them fellas looking for Matt Damon in France during the WW-Deuce, sticking the landing and sloshing onto the bank as fire and smoke billow ahead. All cinematic-like, the haze parts for a moment and a ray of fading sunshine illuminates the Splugorth Slaver in the center of the village -- and the achingly blank face of the pneumatic blonde standing next to it.

"Charleeeeeeee!" Vik's cry echoes as the smoke swirls again. Dashing to the north, he looks for a clear view and finds it. Thinking quickly -- and strangely clearly, considering the general lack of drugs in his system -- he slams the Energizing E-Clip onto Father Vickers, supercharging the deadly contraption with a burst of less-than-lethal telekinetic force.

"Oy babe, don't duck," he whispers, as the machine gun opens up with a full-throated roar, cutting down -- in a nice way -- another of the Altaran Warrior Women standing between him and the Slaver. (14 damage, AP 7, nonlethal, should be enough for a Wound.)

Another shot misses, but the third bursts through the magical dome covering the slaver's barge and the fourth smacks Charlize, lovely Charlize, smack in the chest, knocking her backward and hopefully out of the line of fire of the rest of Vik's less-lovestruck-and-guilt-filled comrades. (17 damage from the third shot should drop the field, fourth shot does 17 damage, AP 7 nonlethal to Charlize, which should be enough for 2 Wounds.)

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.


Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Posts: 17
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Agility to interrupt: 1d8 (1)
Wild: 1d6 (2)
I do not think it matters for the one I am targeting but just in case.

Fear: 1d8 (4)
Wild: 1d6 (6)
6 is Win.

Moving to location in the Photo. I think along blue line is no difficult terrain. Running 1d10 (8)

Frenzied attack rolls:
Swing 1
Fighting: 1d12+4 = 7 (3)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 9 (5)
Damage for Hit: 3d10 (6, 2, 7) = 15 Damage AP2 Because of MAP = Miss

Swing 2
Fighting: 1d12+4 = 12 (8)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 7 (3)
Damage for Hit with Raise: 3d10 (8, 4, 10) + 1d6 (5) + Ace: 1d10 (8)= 35 Damage AP2 Because of MAP 30 Damage AP2

Swing 3
Fighting: 1d12+4 = 14 (10)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 8 (4)
Damage for Hit with Raise: 3d10 (2, 7, 1) + 1d6 (6) + Ace: 1d6 (3)= 19 Damage AP2 No Change due to MAP


These people seem so out of touch. Have any of them seen combat. At least the juicer and the psychic seem to have gusto.

Brianna moves out quickly towards the first Alteran she can get to. She quickly makes her frenzied attacks cutting deep through the armor with practiced precision. Challenging the slavers she shouts. "Why don't you worthless DBs try to make a slave out of me?!"


Attachments:
Moving.PNG
Moving.PNG [ 515.44 KiB | Viewed 1721 times ]
Tue May 29, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Spirit vs fear - success, Agility to interrupt - failure
Spirit
1d10 (2)

WD Spirit
1d6 (4)

Agility to interrupt
1d4 (1)

WD Agility
1d6 (2)

Psionics: Boost Trait (Fighting)
1d8 (8)

Ace Boost with prior -- success with raise, +2 die types Fighting (d12+2) and +2 pace, 3 ISP spent
1d8+8 = 15 (7)

WD Psionics: Boost Trait
1d6 (3)

Psionics: Deflection
1d8 (2)

WD Psionics: Deflection
1d6 (6)

Ace Deflection with prior -- activated with raise, -4 to hit
1d6+6 = 11 (5)

Activating cyber-armor, +2 Toughness
NOT activating psi-swords until after the fight begins; twin psi-swords will be activated with 2 ISP for Mega Damage

Charlemagne prepares himself for battle, activating his cyber armor, causing his form to shift and blur, and focusing his energy on delivering brutal, effective strikes.

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Last edited by Charlemagne on Wed May 30, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.



Tue May 29, 2018 5:04 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Attachment:
330286B8-7766-4E36-B054-6957DE847352.jpeg
330286B8-7766-4E36-B054-6957DE847352.jpeg [ 145.12 KiB | Viewed 1710 times ]

fear 6, agility 15
Fear check, go dice roll 1d8 (6) wild 1d6 (5)
Agility, go dice roll! 1d10 (10) ace 1d10 (6)wild 1d6 (5)
Did Mr. Marvin even make it a shore? Fighting attack one 9 hit 40 MD AP2 damage, fighting attack two 14 hit 30 MD AP2 damage
Wild attack one, 1d8+2 = 5 (3) wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4) EF Benny 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Split the seconds wild attack 1d8+2 = 4 (2) Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)Ace 1d6 (6)
Damage Wild attack 1: 40MD AP2 1d12+6 = 16 (10) plus 2d10+2 = 17 (5, 10) ace 1d10 (7)
Damage Wild attack 2: 1d12+6 = 15 (9) 2d10+2 = 11 (2, 7) ace 1d6 (4)

Its warm, like a still summer night. No precipitation, a thing of yesterday. A leyline glowing like a blue mistress of death to the north. Hello lover its a perfect night for wild wet work... I worry about Lenny though... Just close your eyes my friend it will be over soon.
Its hard sometimes to keep track of enemies and allies in the think of battle. Mr. Marvin is really no different. Did he get off the boat and trudge through the sand, or did he just pop up next to an Altaran corralling civilians. An interview with Dodge Butterfield propietor of hut 215 would later reveal this...
The future interview with Dodge Butterfield
” Oh gish Mr. Marvin, yeah he popped out of the grass itself like a jimmy cricket and quartered that atlantis b—-(Censored for children)” Dodge pauses slightly worried, ” I mean da juicers are quick... But that quick... After it was over we couldn’t even find the body, just a couple ole wristy blasters, and an amulate... I swear... Honest to gish, his sword whispered something: “fatality”...” Dodge wipes his brow anxiously, ” Never seen anything like it, and Mr. Marvin he was super nice to us and everthing. Giving us the single shhh finger and promising we would be safe shortly. Say, Mr. Marvin isn’t going to hear about this right? I mean in my eyes he is a gish darn hero, saved us and everything... Why last week we had him over for diner for bone in roasted chicken. I just get the feeling deepish down he is a private fellow.”
Action
Moved next to Altarn near the civilians at the bottom, attacked twice. Damage and rolls above.

Note about Altaran first strike: His parry is a 7 as he moves adjacent, and then after his attacks goes down to 5 due to wild attack.


Attachments:
6758C452-D903-4624-AE35-08443365D6A9.jpeg
6758C452-D903-4624-AE35-08443365D6A9.jpeg [ 19.88 KiB | Viewed 1703 times ]

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude
-1 EF attack Altaran
Tue May 29, 2018 7:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 1.2

***

Marvin was like a ghost as he moved across the pasture. However, the Altaran warrior woman was quick to recover from her surprise, slashing at him with one of the vibro-knives in her hands. But Marvin leaned way back, the buzzing blade passing a hair’s breadth over his nose. Then he popped up and launched his own attack. His first blow sliced off her head, sending it spinning blood into the air. The second came across her midsection, cutting through her waist, her torso sliding from her body in a bloody mess.

Ooo! Slice and dice! That is one fine filet, Mr. Marvin, his sword’s AI voice purred in Marvin’s head.

***

Vik moved to the opening in the treeline provided by the road. He squinted through the haze of smoke and aimed his machine gun, spitting bullets of telekinetic force through the village at his ex-lover and partner. The spray of bullets also caught another Altaran in the path, catching the warrior woman’s shoulder and spinning her around. The bullets peppered the energy shield, and it flickered and collapsed, and then the spray struck Charlize in the chest, sending her reeling. She fell to one knee on the barge, catching herself with her hand, looking dazed and surprised.

“Vik…” the beautiful blonde whispered.

***

Ashley stepped forward in a flaming fury. Her firebolts lashed out over Charlize at the slaver, now unprotected by his shield thanks to Father Vikkers. The creature screamed and smoked as it flailed its tentacles.

Then it glared at Ashley with a wide, malevolent grin. Though it smoked, it appeared completely unharmed.

“You will make a most excellent slave, my magnificent beauty!” the splugorth’s slimy voice slithered into Ashlyn’s ears. “Perhaps I will sit you here beside my pride and joy!” He layed a clawed hand on Charlize’s should, stroking her blonde hair..

Note
Pausing here, as Karsk and Lenny still have the opportunity to interrupt before Charlize and the Spluggorth go. I will resolve Thomas after that. Brianna, you may want to redo your action. The Altaran you attacked is currently unconscious. You may, of course, keep your action and we’ll call it a coup de grace. But I wanted to give you the opportunity, since you haven’t technically gone yet. But Charlize and the Spluggorth will go before you.[OOC]

***

[ooc=Pasture AWW First Strike 2 Fail]Fighting 1d10 (2)

Charlie Soak 2 Fail
Vigor 1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (2)

Splugorth Soak Ashley’s first firebolt 21 soaks all 4 wounds
Vigor 1d12 (12)
Ace 1d12+12 = 21 (9)
Wild 1d6 (4)

Splugorth Soak Ashley’s second firebolt 10 soaks both wounds
Vigor 1d12 (5)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 10 (4)

Splugorth Soak Ashley’s third firebolt 4 soaked the wound
Vigor 1d12 (4)
Wild 1d6 (4)


Combat Notes
Please check the list of conditions above.

Initiative:

*Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes after first round) Agi 15
*Vik Agi 9 (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r)
*Ashley Agi 8 (Armor 2r)
Charlize WC Agility 7 (2nlw, sh)
Splugorth Slaver Agility 5 (shield down until his turn)
Thomas Agi 3
Charlemagne Agi 2
Brianna Agi 2
Karsk (Quick) HOLD
Leonard (Quick) HOLD
AWW x 4 KD
  • SW AWW - unconscious

Civilians (no card)

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/8
Splugorth Bennies: 0/2
Charlize Bennies: 1/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Maintaining Exalted TK 24/35 ISP Effective strength 1d12+2
OOC Comments
1d10 (5) original cast
1d6 (3)


Fear 17
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 10 (8) 1d8 (7)
1d6+2 = 7 (5)


Agility 14
OOC Comments
1d8 (8) 1d8 (6)
1d6 (6) 1d6 (5)



Karsk reaches out with his mind, not scared in the slightest of the Slaver, and tries to rip him out of the barge now the shield was down.
Telekinesis 9 vs spirit to resist
OOC Comments
1d10 (5)
1d6 (3)
benny for EE 1d6 (4)


Wed May 30, 2018 2:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Fear/Agi Check
Fear 1d8-2 = 3 (5)
Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
EE 1d6 (2)
Total 5

Agility 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8 (6)
Wild 1d6 (1)
Total: 14/13 (Forgot to Include -1 from Armor penalty)

Contengenciy Movement
Leo will move 1" (Difficult Terrain, so costs 2") into the brush directly northeast of his current location. If, however, Leo cannot make a TK melee attack against the Slaver with his Altess Eviscerator, he will instead move 5" directly north, between Ashely and Vik. He will also drop prone if he can still maintain sight on the Slaver.
On the approach, Leo swallows his reservations regarding the manifestation of his awesome psionic potential -not that he particularly hid them well anyways- feely channeling his preternatural manipulation of gravitational forces.

If this creature is half as bad as Thomas made out, I'll need every ounce of strength I have -- no matter the stigma . . .

Although his allies seemed ambivalent one way or another, Leo was still wary of brandishing his psionics, especially in the presence of newfound compatriots. Taking a breath, Leo closes his eyes as the faintest outline of power shines brilliantly around his form, his ears swaying gently against the forces of terrestrial gravity. Opening his eyes, they now glow with a radiant, otherworldly energy that has completely consumed any remnant of his frosted-blue irises.

Prepatory Psionics
Psionics 1d12 (8) (Forgot to Include -1 from Armor penalty)
Wild 1d6 (1)
The hair-raising admixture of anxious nausea and psionic invigoration, courtesy of the ambient energy emanating from the ley line, was tatting Leo's innards as Karsk effortlessly guided the watercraft to shore. As they disembarked, the dreadful visage of the Slaver's hideous mucosity nearly crippled Leo's gentle resolve. Steeling himself, Leo recalled the solemn duty that was his birthright, shirking the sanity rending implications of the Slaver's manufacture to the recesses of his consciousness. He could cower later.

Emboldened by the swiftness of his allies leaping into the foray, Leo, momentarily reassured by Marvin's proximity towards the civilians, wields the obtuse blade strapped to his back with the telekinetic forces emanating from his being. Bracing himself as the force projectiles rippled across the surface of a magical barrier, Leo sends his blade careening across the field to engage the Slaver as the protective layer flickers into nothingness.

Action
TK Melee Attack with Altess Eviscerator: Action held until after Vik drops the barrier [-1 Visibility, +2 Size] (Forgot to Include -1 from Armor penalty)
Psionics 1d12+1 = 2 (1)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2 (1)

_________________
Leo IV

Bennies: 5/3

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 20/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Thu May 31, 2018 5:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.
Round 1.3

***

Karsk reached out with his mind in an attempt to yank the splugorth from his barge. But the slimy monstrosity didn’t move. He just laughed at the Simvan’s pathetic attempts!

Splugorth Spirit to resist TK 25
Spirit 1d8 (6)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Ace 1d6+12 = 18 (6)
Ace 1d6+18 = 24 (6)
Ace 1d6+24 = 25 (1)


***

Leo moved up to get line of sight on the splugorth and dropped prone between Ashley and Vic. His sword sailed out toward the slaver.

Then Leo felt like something...snapped in his brain. His mind gave a long howl of burning pain. The Eviscerator slammed into the side of the barge.

Ow! You idiot! the sword snapped at Leo.

Ashley, Charlemagne, Vic, Leo, Brianna, and Karsk
You all need to make a Spirit roll vs TN 4. Failure leaves you Shaken.
Note: I know there’s a bit of disagreement on if you can brain burn a TK Fighting roll. I have submitted the situation to the GM Cabal here on the site, and to Clint, but I didn’t want to hold things up while we awaited a ruling, since I am going on vacation next week. So I went with my gut ruling. If I am wrong, everyone will get a benny and we will know for the future.


Technical Difficulties on the Altess Eviscerator 5 Serious Problem: The sword applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used until repaired.
1d6 (5)


***

“Kill them! Kill them!” the Splugorth shouted, pointing with his staff. “Start with that burster!”

Charlize shook off the effects of Vic’s assault and hauled herself up. She leapt down off of the barge and raced through the fleeing villagers to near her unconscious sister before she opened up with her forearm blasters on Ashley. Then she ducked behind one of the houses.

Charlize recover from Shaken 6
Combat Reflexes +2, Command (from slaver) +1, -2 Wounds
Spirit 1d8+1 = 6 (5)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2 (1)


EDIT: I feel Charlize would know that plasma is useless against Ashley as a burster, so changing this to the mental incapacitator. But she only gets the first shot then. Ashley needs to make a Vigor roll or be shaken. It's technically MBT, so I will say it just caught her in the edge and no one else. But if Vik, Leo, Charlemagne, and Brianna want a benny, they can say they got caught in the effect as well and roll Vigor to avoid shaken.

Two forearm blasters 4, 6 both hit
Two-fisted, Ambidextrous
Shooting 1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (4)
Shooting 1d10 (6)
Wild 1d6 (4)


Damage 16, 18 Shaken
2d10+2 = 16 (7, 7)
2d10+2 = 18 (6, 10)


***

The splugorth grinned wickedly and twirled his staff around as his shield shimmered back into existence. And then the splugorth and barge disappeared.

True Invisibility 5
-2 MAP
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = -1 (1)
Wild 1d6-2 = 1 (3)
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = 1 (3)
Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = 5 (7)
Wild 1d6-2 = 1 (3)


Greater Obscure 3 Fail
-2 MAP
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = 2 (4)
Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 3 (1)


***

Brianna rushed forward and executed the unconscious Altaran.

***

Thomas, Charlemagne
Since the situation has changed with the splugorth going invisible, I want to give Thomas the opportunity to redo his action (I moved him, but we can move him back), since he doesn’t have anyone to target with his illusion. Charlemagne did his self-buffs but can take his action now. Then I will finish the round with the Altaran’s turn.


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes after first round) Agi 15
*Vik Agi 9 (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r)
*Ashley Agi 8 (Armor 2r)
*Karsk (Quick) Agi 14 (exalted TK)
*Leonard (Quick) Agi 13 (TK)
*Charlize WC Agility 7 (2nlw)
*Splugorth Slaver Agility 5 (True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26)
Thomas Agi 3
Charlemagne Agi 2
*Brianna Agi 2
AWW x 4 KD
  • SW AWW - unconscious

Civilians (no card)

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 4/8
Splugorth Bennies: 0/2
Charlize Bennies: 1/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Ashley grunts as Leo's psionic scream washes over her, but she stays focused. Her time being 'trained' in Psi-Bat helps, in a terrible kind of way, as she is no stranger to psychics in distress.

The Splugorth weapon then hits, and she gasps and puts her hands to her head as her brain and nervous system light up with artificially induced pain! With a grimace, she forces herself to ignore her own senses.

"You're gonna hafta do better than that," the burster growls.

Rolls: Spirit 9, Vigor 5
Spirit to resist brain burn: 1d10 (9) or 1d6 (3)

Vigor to resist incapacitator weapon: 1d6 (5) or 1d6 (1)


Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 46
Reply with quote
Spirit 5, Vigor 4
Spirit vs. psychic scream 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (5) = Success

Taking a Benny and resisting the mental incapacitator
Vigor 1d6 (4) = Success
Wild 1d6 (4)


Vik grimaces as Leo lets out his psychic scream.

"Oy, Hairy, you chauncey git. Your brain squeals like a little girl. Makin' me hungover, wif'out even buying me a drink," he says, shaking his head to clear the cobwebs.

Seconds later, his chest tightens up as Charlize bombards the area with some sort of slaver weapon.

"Gods damn it, Charlie, watch where you're pointing! I'm tryna 'pologize here, and you're spraying me wif that Sploogie knockout gun. Just stand still and let me shoot you! It ain't gonna hurt much and I'll explain everything after!" Vik hollers as he readies Father Vickers for another volley.

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.


Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 13 or 5 to spot the barge
OOC Comments
1d8 (7)
1d6 (6) ace 1d6 (5)
benny for extra effort 1d6 (2)


Spirit 20
OOC Comments
1d8 (8) ace 1d8 (8) 1d8 (4)
1d6 (6) 1d6 (6) 1d6 (1)


Karsk shrugs off the effects of Leo's brainburn like they were nothing. He cast his eyes around, looking around for the slaver barge, spotting the shrunken depression just below

"Karsk sees it." he reaches out with his mind to ensnare a few creatures to surround the barge, but the creatures were not having any of it.

Psionics - Beast friend 2
1d10-1 = 1 (2)
1d6-1 = 2 (3)

"The creatures are too scared to go anywhere near it, but Karsk sees it is over there," he points to where he spotted it


Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Spirit and Vigor
Spirit to resist Brainburn
1d10 (7)

WD Spirit
1d6 (6)

Vigor to resist Incapacitator
1d6 (2)

WD Vigor
1d6 (5)

Charlemagne prepares to launch himself towards the slaver's barge after seeing the bombardment of burster-fire yield no effect. He barks orders to the group. "Focus your efforts on the slaver! Mount a char-!" His words stick in his throat as Leonard's psychic scream washes over him. He shakes off the feeling, only to be caught in the incapacitator's blast. He lets out a growl, then continues on his path. "Your foul darts will not avail you against the will of the cyber-knight! Face justice, vermin!" He speeds himself in the direction of the barge...until it vanishes. "Fan out and converge upon that location. Invisible though it may be, it cannot escape us if it is surrounded. I have the left flank!"
As announced, he breaks wide left, speeding towards the Altaran at the northwest of the village. As he flies, his twin psi-swords spring forth from his hands, the blades more focused in order to damage even the heaviest armors.
Fighting
Activating twin psi-swords, 2 ISP for MD
Fighting 1
1d12+2 = 14 (12)

WD Fighting 1
1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Damage with raise - Fighting 1
2d6 (2, 2) (Strength and 1d6 raise)
3d10 (9, 8, 5) (3x Spirit)
Total damage: 26 AP 4: 5 wounds

Fighting 2
1d12+2 = 13 (11)

WD Fighting 2
1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Damage with raise - Fighting 2
2d6 (3, 4) (Strength and 1d6 raise)
3d10 (2, 6, 7) (3x Spirit)
Total damage: 22 AP 4: 3 wounds

Improved Frenzy - Miss
1d12+2 = 6 (4)

WD Frenzy
1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Notice
1d8 (1)

WD Notice
1d6 (2)

Charlemagne swoops down on his prey, twin blades slicing through the smoke and carnage. Two of the three blows catch the warrior woman flush, driving her to the ground in a heap. He looks around for signs of more enemies, or innocents he can protect. "Fight on, my faithful friends! Ashley, are you engaged, or are you able to address the burning homes? Let us save both the people and their habitation, if we may!"

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:51 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
The mid night howl of a dog in pain... last time I went that I woke up in the back of a Mk. V troop hauler. They are probably still picking up the bones and grisle... I hope they are treating you alright Lenny.
Mr. Marvin welcomes the shadow like an old friend he motions for the captured townsfolk to get low hopefully less of a target. It would be just my luck if all these nice folks were under the influence of the disappeared Slaver... I’ve done worse for far less.

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude
-1 EF attack Altaran


Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Seeing the Barge go invisible worries Thomas a lot. Thinking to himself that he knew he should have stayed out of this crap he was not a warrior or battle mage. He was a politician. His job is to talk to people so they know they are happy with what they get, not to chase morons around battlefields.
He then slowly crawls staying in hiding about 18' east of his current location looking for the Splugorth Slaver.

Exalted Detect Arcana 5 success, Exalted Farsight 9 raise, Notice 5 to spot Splugorth, ignores -2 is penalties and ignores True Invisability
Adding a -2 MAP For EX Farsight and EX Detect Arcana
Was originally Deadly Illusion now roll is being used for Activate Ex Detect Arcana
Ex Detect Arcana (add -2 MAP)
Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 7 (6)
Wild Original post: 1d6+1 = 6 (5)
Extra Effort not needed for Detect Arcana, took benny back

Farsight Roll (add -2 MAP)
Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 5 (4)
Wild Original post: 1d6+1 = 7 (6) Ace Original post: 1d6+7 = 11 (4)

Notice to see slaver no penalty for True Invisibility
Notice 1d8 (5)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
    One With Elements (recast every hour or so for out of combat coolness, not used in combat)
    Exalted Detect Arcana
    Exalted Farsight w/Raise

Bennies 4
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting
    +0 Extra Effort to activate Deadly Illusion on Slaver (canceled as failed roll actions changed)
    Edit: +1 GM Birthday.


Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Posts: 17
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Brainburn
Spirit: 1d8 (7)
Wild: 1d6 (3)
In the blast for a benny.
Spirit: 1d8 (7)
Wild: 1d6 (2)


Running up to finish the Altaran she is paused by the blast. Screaming she surges forward ignoring the pain of it. As the Altaran falls she cleaves the head from the downed warrior. Not so much as pausing to think about the death she continues on. I wonder why they do not go for the jugular when making their strikes. Only a fool would leave demon behind you alive lest it get back up and strike you down. I have lost too many companions that foolishly thought incapacitating them is job enough.


Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Psychic Scream Save
Spirit 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (4)


Leo hardly notices the spite associated with the piercing psychic feedback, unleashed after the woeful deluge of energies emanating from the ley line, combined with the hideous stress of the situation, created a surging impedance that overcame his usual tolerances.

A trickle of sanguine dripped from his nose as Leo regained his senses, only to be met with a wave of raw neural agony.

Incapacitator Save
Vigor 1d6 (1)
Wild 1d6 (4)


Despite the absurd levels of unpleasantness jolting through his nervous system, Leo maintains his grasp on consciousness by the skin of his teeth as he muscles through the worst of the Atlantean tech. On the verge of hyperventilating, Leo clenches his jaws, the rapid exhalations forcing their way through his closed lips as several anguished tears fall from the corners of his eyes.

_________________
Leo IV

Bennies: 5/3

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 20/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)


Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 1.4

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him.

***

Charlemagne diverted to one of the Altarans and cut her down easily.

Thomas crept further along the treeline, activating his magic so he could locate the invisible slaver.

The two Altaran slavers on the east end of the village moved toward the interlopers. One raised her twin blasters and fired at Charlemagne.

Shooting -1, 10 1 hit with raise
Deflection -4, Cyberkinetics -2
Shooting 1d10-6 = -1 (5)
Shooting 1d10-6 = 3 (9)
Benny for EE 1d6+3 = 9 (6)
Ace 1d6+9 = 10 (1)


Damage 8 MD No damage
2d10+2 = 7 (1, 4) + 1d6 (1)


One of the hits splattered against Charlemagne’s armor, but failed to penetrate.

The other Altaran took aim at Marvin, who was near the captured civilians.

Shooting 7, 0 1 hit
Uncanny Reflexes -2
Shooting 1d10-2 = 3 (5)
Shooting 1d10-2 = 0 (2)
Benny for EE 1d6+3 = 7 (4)


Damage 12 Plasma ignores armor, so that is 1 Wound
2d10+2 = 11 (3, 6) + 1d6 (1)


The hot plasma splattered against the psi-stalker, finding the chinks in his armor and burning into his flesh.

The civilians around Marvin began to stir, glassy-eyed.

***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes after first round) Agi 15
*Vik Agi 9 (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r)
*Ashley Agi 8 (Armor 2r)
*Karsk (Quick) Agi 14 (exalted TK)
*Leonard (Quick) Agi 13 (TK)
*Charlize WC Agility 7 (2nlw)
*Splugorth Slaver Agility 5 (True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26)
*Thomas Agi 3
*Charlemagne Agi 2 Deflection -4, cyberkinetic -2
*Brianna Agi 2
*AWW x 2 KD
*Civilians (no card)

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 2/8
Splugorth Bennies: 0/2
Charlize Bennies: 1/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 2

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him.

***

OOC Comments
GM got 2 Jokers this round. Two more Bennies for Charlie and the Slaver!


The Altarans continued through the crowd toward Charlemagne and Marvin, firing their forearm blasters once more.

Shooting vs Charlemagne 2, -3
Deflection -4, Cyberkinetics -2, -1 visibility, +2 Joker
Shooting 1d10-7 = 0 (7)
Shooting 1d10-7 = -5 (2)


Shooting vs Marvin 4, 2
Uncanny Reflexes -2, -1 visibility, +2 Joker
Shooting 1d10-3 = 2 (5)
Shooting 1d10-3 = 0 (3)


Damage vs Marvin 25 MD, ignores non-FEP armor; 4 Wounds
+2 Joker
2d10+4 = 23 (10, 9)
Ace 1d10+23 = 25 (2)


The shots missed Charlemagne, but Marvin took a bad hit that boiled around his armor.

***

The civilians around Marvin suddenly surged up, obeying the telepathic commands of their new master. They had no weapons, but they swarmed over the psi-stalker.

Grappling 9, 9, 6, 10, 6, 11 Marvin needs to make 6 opposed Fighting rolls
-2 Uncanny Reflexes, Gang up +4, +2 Joker
Fighting 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Ace 1d4+6 = 7 (1)
Fighting 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Ace 1d4+6 = 7 (1)
Fighting 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Fighting 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Ace 1d4+6 = 8 (2)
Fighting 1d4+2 = 4 (2)
Fighting 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Ace 1d4+6 = 9 (3)


***

“I’m sorry, Vik,” Charlize said. “I tried to fight, to resist. I’m still trying...” The wounded Altaran darted around the house she hid behind and charged at Brianna, vibro-knives glinting with the nearby firelight.

Fighting vs Brianna 6, 15, 6; 1 hit with raise
-2 Wounds, Improved Frenzy
Fighting 1d10-2 = 2 (4)
Wild 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Ace 1d6+4 = 6 (2)
Fighting 1d10-2 = 8 (10)
Ace 1d10+8 = 15 (7)
Wild 1d6-2 = 3 (5)
Fighting 1d10-2 = 6 (8)
Wild 1d6-2 = 3 (5)


Damage vs Briana 26 AP 4, MD; 2 Wounds
Fervor, Raise
1d12+2 = 9 (7) + 2d6 (6, 1)
Ace 1d6+16 = 22 (6)
Ace 1d6+22 = 26 (4)


Summary
  • Marvin needs to soak 4 Wounds.
  • Marvin needs to make 6 Fighting rolls to avoid being grappled.
  • Brianna needs to soak 2 Wounds.
  • Charlemagne, Thomas, Brianna, Leonard, Karsk, and Marvin are up!


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*AWW x 2 (Quick) Joker
*Civilians Joker
*Charlize WC (Quick, 2nlw) AS
Charlemagne (GBT Fighting, Deflection -4 3r, cyberkinetic -2) AD
Thomas (exalted detect arcana, exalted farsight) QH
Brianna QC
Leonard (Quick, TK, prone) JD
Karsk (Quick, exalted TK 2r) 10S
Marvin (Level headed; Quick and -2 Uncanny Reflexes) 8H 9D
Splugorth Slaver WC (Improved Level Headed, True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26) 9C 5H 8D
Vik (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r) 3C
Ashley (Armor 2r) 2D

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Civilians: Parry:4; Toughness: 5

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 2/8
Splugorth Bennies: 2/2
Charlize Bennies: 3/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:13 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Benny Soak +2 with Elan 1d8+2 = 3 (1) wild [dice]1
Say it ain’t so
Blaze forth coming

Mr. Marvin just grins as the flames wash over him. ” Is that all you got? Splash make her pay!” His skin burns and singes until he is covered with a nice thick char. I am dead either way, no way Splash is going to eat this bbq.

He laughs when the bodies of the townsfolk pile up on him. I wonder if Vik is going to make some quip about a sport know one ever plays. At the bottom of the scrum Mr. Marvin sends his modified juicer rig into overdrive. Here comes something you have never seen! AHHHHH. There is a brief howl and a small pop. Then a wave of energy erupts hitting the dog pile. Time to make my exit. You’ll have to eat me latter Splashman. Tommy, I’ll snack on you later... 606A Diamond Hotel Dweomer... Until then. If anyone were to look underneath the scrum he is just gone. All that remains is a pile of ash.
Karsk
A small note: Wish you well Splashman. Don’t eat too many stalkers.

_________________
Mr. Marvin at a glance
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8(d12), Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (usually a 2); Pace: 20, d12 running die; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 14(6) ; Strain: 0

Relevant Combat edges:
Elan: +2 when spending a benny
Level headed: cards for initiative draw
Danger sense( psycho juicer harness)
+4 melee damage( psych juicer harness)
-2 to be hit( after 1st round)
Quick( after 1st round): redraw 5 or better


Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 For RP
+1 for interlude
-1 EF attack Altaran


Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 2.1

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him.

***

As Marvin’s psychic juicer rig overloads, the civilians piling on him jerk and spasm. From the backs of their necks, writhing worms wriggle and fall with tiny wails of pain, shriveling and smoking as the psychic backlash fries them.

The civilians pause and look around in confusion, muttering with fear as they watch their burning village and fleeing fellow townspeople. They turned to join them in their flight into the fields.

Summary
  • Civilians are now all free of the Splugorth mind control.
  • Brianna needs to soak 2 Wounds.
  • Charlemagne, Thomas, Brianna, Leonard, and Karsk are up!


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*AWW x 2 (Quick) Joker
*Charlize WC (Quick, 2nlw) AS
Charlemagne (GBT Fighting, Deflection -4 3r, cyberkinetic -2) AD
Thomas (exalted detect arcana, exalted farsight) QH
Brianna QC
Leonard (Quick, TK, prone) JD
Karsk (Quick, exalted TK 2r) 10S
Splugorth Slaver WC (Improved Level Headed, True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26) 9C 5H 8D
Vik (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r) 3C
Ashley (Armor 2r) 2D

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Civilians: Parry:4; Toughness: 5

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 2/8
Splugorth Bennies: 2/2
Charlize Bennies: 3/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Noticed Slaver, Slaver Must resists Slumber at -4, Slaver Must resist Mind Control of 6
Notice d8, Exalted Detect Arcana brings invisibility to +0, raise on Exalted Farsight doubles range of powers, armor ignores two points of illumination penalty.
Notice 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (3)
Extra Effort, because failure here would let us die 1d6+3 = 8 (5)


Spellcasting 1d8+1, -2 MAP
GREATER SLUMBER (-4 PPE)
Spell Casting 1d8-1 = 3 (4)
Wild 1d6-1 = 3 (4)
Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 5 (2)

MIND CONTROL (Just in case) -6 PPE
Spell Casting 1d8-1 = 2 (3)
Wild 1d6-1 = 4 (5)
Benny to reroll
    Spellcasting 1d8-1 = 4 (5)
    Wild 1d6-1 = 2 (3)
    Benny to reroll
      Spellcasting 1d8-1 = 5 (6)
      Wild 1d6-1 = 4 (5)

.


Cursing his luck Thomas knows this is terrible. That thing will kill everyone here if something does not happen and these noble fools will keep dying for no reason.
Reaching out with his power he sends a volley of mental assaults at the Splugorth Slaver, first trying to force it to fall asleep then failing that trying to ensure it falls under his control. Hoping that at least one of them will get through the creatures defenses.
His voice like a smooth embrace comes out, and then begins echoing in the slavers min. 'You need to gather intelligence, go fully on defense and do not attack or harm anyone. Hope they forget you.'

Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 6/10 (casts greater slumber)
Amulet PPE: 4/10 (casts mind control)

Active Effects
    One With Elements (recast every hour or so for out of combat coolness, not used in combat)
    Exalted Detect Arcana
    Exalted Farsight w/Raise

Bennies 0
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting
    +0 Extra Effort to activate Deadly Illusion on Slaver (canceled as failed roll actions changed)
    Edit: +1 GM Birthday.
    -1 Extra Effort on Notice to see slug
    -1 Extra Effort on Greater Slumber
    -1 Reroll Mind Control
    -1 Reroll Mind Control


Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Charlemagne's actions
Notice
1d8 (3)

WD Notice
1d6 (4)

Move to northern AWW - Fighting 1
1d12+2 = 8 (6)

Damage
3d10 (3, 10, 3)
1d6 (6)
Ace Spirit Damage - d10 with total prior
1d10+22 = 30 (8)
Ace Str Damage
1d6 (6)
2nd Ace Str damage with prior
1d6+36 = 40 (4)

WD Fighting
1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Fighting 2
1d12+2 = 3 (1)

WD Fighting 2
1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Improved Frenzy
1d12+2 = 5 (3)

WD IF
1d6+2 = 3 (1)

Charlemagne doesn't slow his flight as he wallops the first Altaran in a fly-by strike. Taking a quick glance, he banks right, finding another target and swooping in. Over the radio, he calls out orders. "Ashley, that monster is invisible, but still takes up space. I fear that the buildings must pay the price if the villagers are to be saved. Can you force the fires to expel more smoke? If we can at least get an outline of our foe, we can concentrate our attacks on him!" He punctuates his order with two feints, confusing the Altaran's guard. The final strike lands impeccably, driving the warrior woman to the earth with devastating force. "For the Holy Ro...Tomorrow Legion!"

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 2.2

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him.

***

As Charlemagne swooped at the first Altaran Warrior Woman, she slashed at him with one of her vibro-knives.

AWWN First Strike 19; Raise
Deflection -4, Cyber-kinetic -2
Fighting 1d10 (10)
Ace 1d10+10 = 20 (10)
Ace 1d10+14 = 19 (5)


Damage (Raise) 14 AP 4 MD; Shaken - Charlemagne, you need to spend a Benny to unshake if you want to kill her and continue your attacks.
Fervor +1
1d12+1 = 5 (4) + 2d6 (4, 4)


Her blade slammed into Charlemagne’s chest plate, winding him.

Conditional upon Charlemagne spending a Benny to unshake:

Charlemagne brutally cut the Altaran down. Then the Lyn-Srial knight flew to the next Altaran. She, too, struck out at him.

AWWS First Strike -4
Deflection -4, Cyber-kinetic -2
Fighting 1d10-6 = -4 (2)


But her blade failed to find purchase. She ducked his psi-blade and fell back defensively to regain her balance.

Charlemagne
You got a 6 and 5 on your second and third attacks. That doesn’t beat her 8 parry


***

Thomas, hidden among the trees, reached out with his magic to the Splugorth.

Resist Greater Slumber 6; beats the spell
Spirit 1d8-4 = -2 (2)
Wild 1d6-4 = 0 (4)
Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d8-4 = 2 (6)
Wild 1d6-4 = 2 (6)
Ace 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Resist Mind Control 15; beats the spell
Spirit 1d8 (4)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Ace 1d6+12 = 15 (3)


Thomas saw the Splugorth start drifting off, but then the monstrosity roused itself with a slobbering shake of its head that sent spittle flying in all directions as numerous fleeing villagers around the invisible barge collapsed in sleep.

Thomas heard a wicked chuckle in his mind.

Summary
  • Charlemagne needs to spend a benny to unsoak or amend his turn.
  • Brianna needs to soak 2 Wounds.
  • Brianna, Leonard, and Karsk are up!


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*AWW x 2 (Quick) Joker
*Charlize WC (Quick, 2nlw) AS
*Charlemagne (GBT Fighting, Deflection -4 2r, cyberkinetic -2) AD
*Thomas (exalted detect arcana, exalted/raise farsight) QH
Brianna QC
Leonard (Quick, TK, prone) JD
Karsk (Quick, exalted TK 2r) 10S
Splugorth Slaver WC (Improved Level Headed, True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26) 9C 5H 8D
Vik (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r) 3C
Ashley (Armor 2r) 2D

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Civilians: Parry:4; Toughness: 5

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 2/8
Splugorth Bennies: 1/2
Charlize Bennies: 3/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Notice 1d8 (8)
wild dice 1d6 (1)

"LUNCH!!!!!!" Karsk screams as he sees his friend collapse to the floor. Caught up in the moment, his only thought was to kill

"Karsk kill you" he screams summoning his psychic energies to pick up the largest piece of burning debris he could and hurled it at her.

Psionics 11 damage 21 or 25 MD (no AP)
OOC Comments
1d12+2 str so large tree size

1d10 (6)
wild dice 1d6 (6) ace 1d6 (5)
damage 2d12+5 = 21 (6, 10) if raise 1d6 (4)


Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Posts: 17
Reply with quote
First Strike
Fighting: 1d12+4 = 13 (9)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 9 (5)
Damage: 3d10 (10, 7, 8)
Ace: 1d10 (7)
Raise: 1d6 (4)
Total: 36 Damage AP2 I believe that is 4 wounds to the attacker.


Deftly Brianna waits as the Altaran rushes around the corner and as she raises her arm to strike Brianna sweeps one of her greatswords practically stepping through the woman at the last moment.


Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
-1 visibility due to smoke and flames
Trees provide Medium cover -2
Houses provide near total cover -6
Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.
Round 2.3

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him.

***

Charlize Soak 9; Soaks 2 Wounds and goes down with 4 Wounds
Vigor 1d10 (3)
Wild 1d6 (3)
Benny to reroll
Vigor 1d10 (6)
Wild 1d6 (5)
Benny to reroll
Vigor 1d10 (9)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Charlize Incapacitation 3 Fails; Injury and Bleeding out
Vigor 1d10-4 = 3 (7)
Wild 1d6-4 = -3 (1)


Injury 6, 5; Guts Busted: Strength reduced a die type (minimum d4).
2d6 (1, 5)
Guts 1d6 (5)


As Charlize rushed in to attack Brianna, the cyborg slammed her blade into the Altaran's stomach. Charlize gasped, blood trickling from her full lips. “Vik…” she breathed out as she slumped from the sword to the ground.

***

Furious and raging, Karsk ran out from the cover of the trees. His might mind ripped the burning roof off of one of the homes and slammed it down atop the Altaran woman that had killed Marvin.

***

Summary
  • Karsk, I had to move you to get you line of sight in order to allow you to hit the Altaran, otherwise you had house and tree penalties. Let me know if where I moved you is okay.
  • Brianna does not need to soak wounds and may take her turn normally.
  • Brianna and Leonard are up!


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*AWW x 2 (Quick) Joker
*Charlize WC (Quick, 2nlw/2 lethal wounds, incap, Str -1 die type, bleeding out) AS
*Charlemagne (GBT Fighting, Deflection -4 2r, cyberkinetic -2) AD
*Thomas (exalted detect arcana, exalted/raise farsight) QH
*Karsk (Quick, exalted TK 2r) 10S
Brianna QC
Leonard (Quick, TK, prone) JD
Splugorth Slaver WC (Improved Level Headed, True Invisibility 3r, PPE: 26) 9C 5H 8D
Vik (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r) 3C
Ashley (Armor 2r) 2D

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Civilians: Parry:4; Toughness: 5

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 2/8
Splugorth Bennies: 1/2
Charlize Bennies: 0/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Ashley winced as the strange warrior women were struck down within seconds, but she couldn't rest on that yet. And Marvin! What the hell had happened there? Karsk seemed to think... She shook her head. Why had he rushed in like that...

The big one, the true monster, it was still out there somewhere.

"Where did the creature go?!" she called to the others. "Did anyone see it?!"

(OOC - Not taking an action, I know it's not my turn, just taking a moment for RP :))


Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
With a panic sound in his voice that can clearly be heard over the radio Thomas says. "He's right over there where all the people are falling asleep what do you think I'm doing!"

(OOC - Not taking an action, I know it's not my turn, just taking a moment for RP)


Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Charlemagne scans the battlefield for some sign of the Splugorth's presence. Over the chaos of battle, he shouts over the radio. "We must stoke the fires to force our foe from hiding. Let the houses burn! Let the flames rage! Look for evidence of the beast passing through the smoke!"

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Posts: 17
Reply with quote
Hearing the woman call out Vik's name, Brianna questions for a moment opening her up. Unsure exactly where the slavers are at Brianna makes her way to the cover of the trees near the waterline dragging the unconscious and bleeding Alteran. "Vik, you know these Alterans? Only calling your name did I pull her from near the fire. She tries anything and I will not hesitate to finish what I started!"


Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 2.4

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him.

***

Thomas
The splugorth moved to 2 hexes in front of Ashley where the word Road begins.


Brianna pulled the downed Charlize away from the burning village and back toward the rest of the party. As she finished speaking, a gout of flame suddenly erupted from nowhere, engulfing Ashley, Brianna, and Vik!

Flame Blast (Greater Burst) 17; Raise
-2 MAP, after consulting, I'm removing the Drop.
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = 0 (2)
Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Benny to Reroll
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = 8 (10)
Ace 1d10+8 = 17 (9)
Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
Brianna and Vik must make Agility rolls to get out of the way. Ashley is immune.


Damage 14 MD
After consulting, I'm removing the Drop
3d12+4 = 14 (1, 4, 5)
Raise 1d6 (4)


Thomas can see the Splugorth following up the blast of flame with another spell, and then he and Karsk are overwhelmed by a sense of dread.

Greater Fear 17 Raises
-2 MAP
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = 7 (9)
Wild 1d10-2 = 0 (2)
Benny for EE 1d6+7 = 13 (6)
Ace 1d6+13 = 17 (4)
Thomas and Karsk must make a Fear check at -4.


***

Summary
*Vik, Ashley, and Brianna can make Agility checks to avoid the flames (Ashley is immune). If fail, take 14 damage.
*Thomas and Karsk must make Fear checks at -4. If you fail, roll on the Fear table.
*Vik and Ashley are up to finish the round!


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*AWW x 2 (Quick) Joker
*Charlize WC (Quick, 2nlw/2 lethal wounds, incap, Str -1 die type, bleeding out) AS
*Charlemagne (GBT Fighting, Deflection -4 2r, cyberkinetic -2) AD
*Thomas (exalted detect arcana, exalted/raise farsight) QH
*Karsk (Quick, exalted TK 2r) 10S
*Brianna QC
*Splugorth Slaver WC (Improved Level Headed, True Invisibility 2r, PPE: 18) 9C 5H 8D
Vik (GBTr Shooting 2r, Greater Smite 3r) 3C
Ashley (Armor 2r) 2D

Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Civilians: Parry: 4; Toughness: 5

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 1/8
Splugorth Bennies: 0/2
Charlize Bennies: 0/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Panicked
Spirit 1d6 (4)
Spirit Wild 1d6 (1)

Fright Table 1d20 (12): Panicked: The character immediately moves his full Pace plus running die away from the danger and is Shaken.

Run 1d6+6 = 12 (6)

As the magic sinks into him Thomas's eyes go wide with terror and without thinking he abandons his cover and takes off running down the river as far as he can from the horrible creature. The sudden turn is accompanied with a high pitched sound raising in pitch until it is so high and shrill as if to break glass comes out from the wood. "Aieeeee!" These fools, he told them not to mess with it, and now they were all going to die in the middle of nowhere for no reason.


Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 6/10 (casts greater slumber)
Amulet PPE: 4/10 (casts mind control)

Active Effects
    One With Elements (recast every hour or so for out of combat coolness, not used in combat)
    Exalted Detect Arcana
    Exalted Farsight w/Raise

Bennies 0
    3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting
    +0 Extra Effort to activate Deadly Illusion on Slaver (canceled as failed roll actions changed)
    Edit: +1 GM Birthday.
    -1 Extra Effort on Notice to see slug
    -1 Extra Effort on Greater Slumber
    -1 Reroll Mind Control
    -1 Reroll Mind Control


Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Sono otoko wa daredesu ka?
Trapped under a stun net of extraoridary design the woman with a wide brimmed wicker hat obscuring most of her pleasent looking face sits motionless crosslegged in deep concentration appearing half asleep. Her black armor is reminicient of the Triax T-11 but with a more oriental flair and angular adaptations which all add up to more freedom and a bit more armor. The Net crackles trying to drain her will and shove her violently into a deep slumber. So far she has thus resisted its corruptable intent.

Her soft voice hums barely heard over the screams, and burning of homes.
” Day break dawn has come at last.
When are we going to end up?
Mountains, valleys the scourge of the past.
Hold to courage my little duck.
Day break dawn finishes when we are done.”


Benny to be caught in the fear effect
Spirit with brave 1d6-2 = 0 (2) wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1) EF with Elan 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

The electric net which currently ensnares her crackles and dances on her armor. The sense of dread washes over her with little discomfort. On the ground next to her within arms reach is a seeming broken hilt of a longsword: ordinary, unremarkable, and missing the blade. She pulls her hat close to her face. How can she see with that hat blocking her vision, unless...

Still sitting calmly she calls to the panicked one (Thomas). ” Steel yourself my would be rescuer, the battle is not yet over. I am Nazo and I have been waiting for you, for all of you. Kōdō no jikan!”

_________________
Combat Info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Active Powers:

Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Psynetic Crystal amplifier and augmenter
Psynetic Crystal Amplifier (Patron Item)
Image
These strange devices were smuggled out of gargoyle infested Poland. Created by the mysterious Angel of Death, they are works of exquisite craftsmanship, performing far better than any other known psynetic devices on the market. Several prominent Cyber-Docs have investigated the devices and are stumped as to how the truly work.
Crystalline Nano-Amplifier:
    • † More ISP means more power to work with, and your character has it. She gains +10 ISP to his base.
Crystalline Augmenter:
    • † Enhanced Senses: +2 on Notice and to the use of Detect Arcana.
†: Modifier from being attached to head and worn.


Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton
Choice of armor, reduce str min and add +1 armor.

NG-EX10 “Gladius” Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
  • +8MDC(increased by 1 pt) Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing
  • Strength Minimum: N/A
  • Environmental Protection: Full
  • Weight: 80 lbs
  • Note: The suit also grants the wearer d12+2 Strength and +2 Pace. The armor, while powered, doesn’t have a Strength Minimum. A wearer suffers a −2 to Stealth checks and any tasks requiring subtle or delicate movement.
  • The armor, while powered, ignores the d6(decreased by one die type)Strength Minimum for physical actions but not arcane skill rolls.

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
32E5FCFD-07AB-4CA5-871A-490D0C48AFE2.jpeg
Celestial Blade:
A normal hilt of the most mundane makings until gripped by one who is spiritually in tune. In the hands of a mystic this weapon is a holy relic of unimaginable power. Its blade is made of pure holy light and the hilt is transformed into one of pure silver with a flourishing guard. Some say Isis herself was involved in its creation or perhaps a chang-ku in Japan. Other’s say it is an unlikely gift from a millennium tree. No matter its origion, demons, vampires, and other super natural evil must beware the weilder who comes at them with such a weapon.
    Base Item: Chain Longsword, str+2d8, AP 2 MD
    • Minor- Celestial Silver( must be a mystic to gain this trapping, and not broken your higher calling)
    • Minor- +1 fighting
    • Major- Quickness “Exalted Exuberance”( Jazz trapping +1 ppe for +2pace, and raise 1 die increase to agility)
    • Major- Warriors Gift(Heroic) “ Fate’s Fury” ( +2 ppe, On a success, you gain +1 Parry; On a Raise, INSTEAD of a boost to Parry, you gain +1 Die-type to Fighting)
    PPE: 10pts, powers use arcane skill or spirit players choice.


Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 46
Reply with quote
Rolls
EDIT: I belatedly realized I didn't roll Agility to avoid the flames -- I'll just take the hit, which doesn't do enough damage to do anything.

INTENT: First, activate Hype-Me-UP Hypo for Exalted Quickness (-2 MAP) then use previously created Healing gizmo on Charlize (no MAP, -3 penalty for her wounds). Second round of Quickness, create Detect Arcana gizmo, use it (no MAP due to Ex. Quickness), Notice roll at no penalty, then shoot the hell out of the Slaver with the Vickers (adding a -2 MAP to all rolls)

Activating exalted quickness, 1d10 +2 Machine Maestro, -2 MAP
Techno-Wizardry 1d10 (7) = Success. 9 PPE used. Adrenal Overload trapping gives +1 Parry. When power expires, Vigor check or suffer fatigue that cannot be removed for 1d6 hours.
Wild 1d6 (5)

Activating healing gizmo on Charlize, 1d10 +2 Machine Maestro, -3 for her Wounds
Techno-Wizardry 1d10-1 = 0 (1)
Wild 1d6-1 = 0 (1)
Fuck that noise. Spending 5 EP and a Benny to reroll the crit fail.

Techno-Wizardry 1d10-1 = 0 (1)
Wild 1d6-1 = 0 (1)

Oh, seriously, what the fuck. Card draw for Malfunction: 1d54 (42) = Diamond, so it's busted. Was basically out of PPE anyway.

Second round of Ex. Quickness, create Detect Arcana gizmo, +2 MM, -2 MAP
Techno-Wizardry 1d10 (3)
Wild 1d6 (1)
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 6 (3) = Success, gizmo created with 10 PPE.

Activating Exalted Detect Arcana, +2 MM, -2 MAP
Techno-Wizardy 1d10 (2)
Wild 1d6 (2)
Spending 1 EP for a Benny for Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Son of bitch. Failure. Nothing I can do about it. What I get for not taking Elan.

Notice to try to spot the Slaver anyway, at -8:
Notice 1d6-8 = -4 (4)
Wild 1d6-8 = -4 (4) = Fail

So, full-auto Firing Blind against the Slaver. Shooting is boosted to 1d12+2, +2 from armor, +2 for slaver's size, +2 MM, -2 autofire, -2 MAP, -4 firing blind = 1d12
Shooting 1 1d12 (6) = Hit
Shooting 2 1d12 (5) = Hit
Shooting 3 1d12 (5) = Hit
Shooting 4 1d12 (12) = Ace! 1d12+12 = 13 (1) = Hit with a raise
Wild 1d6 (3)

EDIT: Due to ruling on Invisibility, penalty to hit would be -8, not -4. Shot #4 is still a hit with a raise, the others miss.
Damage: 2d8+4, +2 damage and +5 AP (HJ rolls) and +4 damage from Smite, with a raise
2d8+10 = 23 (7, 6)+ 1d6 (4) = 27 damage, AP 7 vs. the Slaver


"The fuck are you doing, you gods-damned wanking robot minge-wafer!?! That's my fucking girlfriend you just sliced! Why'n'tha bloody rotting hell do you think I was shooting at her?"

The string of barely comprehensible swearing continues unabated as Brianna drags over the bleeding body of Charlize, Vik's long-lost and possibly grudge-holding ex-girlfriend.

For a long moment, he contemplates unleashing a burst from the Vickers into Brianna's traitorous sex-bot frame, but concern for the hemorrhaging hottie cradled in her arms trumps his desire for revenge.

"Put her there for lump's sake -- Careful! her fucking guts are splurking out ... oh, ruddy woodpecker shits, that's disgusting. Sorry, Charles, you're beautiful, but wonders of red-rivets, that's not the sort of look to engender a stiff widget ..."

Vik's mouth keeps running even as his hands busy themselves at his tool-belt. First, he grabs his Hype-Me-Up Hypo and jabs it into his own arse-cheek, giving himself a full dose of Blitzkrieg Bop. His eyes cross briefly as a smile washes over his face.

"That's the tickety-ticker. Balls-waffle!" he says, pulling out his Pneumatic Needler of Necessary Nursing and jabbing it into Charlize's still form.

The needle breaks.

"What the swine-wally fuck!?!" Vik bellows, frantic. Grabbing Brianna by her armored collar, he draws her close:

"You find someone to fucking fix her, right fucking now, or I'm using your skull as a shovel when I dig her grave," he growls, tears streaming from his face as he jumps up and moves past her, shouldering the Vickers as he pulls more bits and bobs from his belt.

In seconds, he's fashioned a set of lenses that strap on over his helmet, meant to activate arcane sight and allow him to see the chickenshit invisible Slave-barge. But the wiring's off, or Vik is too distracted, and the charge fizzles.

"Bloody-ruddy-wanking-rat-arsed-gob-shite!" he screams. "You gods-damned-sluggy-whore-rotters! A pox on you, you fucking tosser!"

Frustrated beyond all measure, he sprays blindly into the void where the Slaver's spells originated, the staccato cough of the Vickers drowning out his sobs.

Miraculously, one of Vik's Firing Blind shots hits, for 27 damage, AP 7 -- enough to drop the Slaver's shield, without Shaking it. Because Vik was Firing Blind, the Slaver gets to make a Stealth roll, at an additional -2 penalty, to negate the hit.

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.


Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 2.5

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him. Since he attacked this round, everyone else has the opportunity to find and target him. Make a Notice -8. If successful, you may attack him at -8.

***

Stealth 1; hit, so shield goes down
-2 Firing Blind ROF 3
Stealth 1d4-4 = -1 (3)
Wild 1d6-4 = 1 (5)


Thomas
The splugorth moved to 2 hexes in front of Ashley where the word Road begins.


***

Summary
*Ashley, and Brianna can make Agility checks to avoid the flames (Ashley is immune). If fail, take 14 damage.
*Karsk must make Fear checks at -4. If you fail, roll on the Fear table.
*Ashley is up to finish the round!


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

*Charlize WC (Quick, 3 wounds, incap, Str -1 die type, bleeding out) AS
*Charlemagne (GBT Fighting, Deflection -4 2r, cyberkinetic -2) AD
*Thomas (exalted detect arcana, exalted/raise farsight) QH
*Karsk (Quick, exalted TK 2r) 10S
*Brianna QC
*Splugorth Slaver WC (Improved Level Headed, True Invisibility 2r, PPE: 18, Shield Down) 9C 5H 8D
*Nazo (Quick) No card this round
*Vik (GBTr Shooting 1r, Greater Smite 2r, Exalted Quickness 3r) 3C
Ashley (Armor 2r) 2D


Enemies:
Splugorth Slaver: Parry: 6; Toughness: 23 (+16 MDC shield=39)
Charlize: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Altaran Warrior Women: Parry: 8; Toughness: 14 (7)
Civilians: Parry: 4; Toughness: 5

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map
Image


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 1/8
Splugorth Bennies: 0/2
Charlize Bennies: 0/2

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Ashley didn't know exactly where the thing was, but there was no mistaking that it was close. The flames cascaded out of thin air, and she felt a breeze of concern for the others near her...but she stood placidly in the inferno herself. Her own fire was far hotter. And while she'd thrown it in contained little bolts before, she was by no means limited to such.

"You call THAT fire?!"

She poured effort into her power. Steam whistled from the cracked earth at her feet as the heat soaked down to water underground. The air around her rippled and roiled. Ash extended her hands, thumbs together and fingers swept forward in front of her.

Blue-white fire erupted in a wide cone with enough force that she had to brace her feet to keep it from pushing her backwards. The heat and sudden pressure she was focusing made a weird, high pitched shrieking noise overlaid over the roar and crackle of it. And over THAT was Ashley herself, screaming in fury!

The flame got hotter as she exhausted herself, putting every last scrap of strength into it, until it was almost too bright to look at...and then suddenly it was gone, leaving faint green afterimages on the retinas. Ash was there, breathing hard, glaring defiantly ahead as the smoke and glare faded.

Rolls - 9 ISP, 1 benny spent
3 Flame Blasts, using the Cone effect for +1 ISP each, and +8 AP for 2 ISP each. Spent 9 ISP, which I think exhausts me after the Armor power from before. She'll spend an ISP to maintain Armor as well.

Psionics 1d12 (12) or 1d6 (4) for 6d6 (2, 6, 1, 1, 1, 5) 17 to hit for 17 AP 8
Ace psionics 1d12 (5) and raise damage 1d6 (3)

Psionics 1d12 (6) or 1d6 (4) for 6d6 (5, 1, 3, 6, 3, 6) 16 to hit for 30 AP 8
2 ace damage 2d6 (2, 4)
Extra Effort on Psionics 1d6 (6) Ace! Also has Elan! 1d6 (2)

Psionics 1d12 (10) or 1d6 (2) for 6d6 (5, 1, 1, 3, 5, 6) 10 to hit for 39 AP 8
Raise damage 1d6 (6) Ace damage 1d6 (3)
Ace the raise 1d6 (6) Another ace!! 1d6 (3)


Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Posts: 17
Reply with quote
Agility
Agility: 1d8 (7)
Wild: 1d6 (4)


Dropping Charles unceremoniously to the ground. "Does anyone have a damn translator for this guy?" as she points at Vik. "He makes no sense."

She glares right back at Vik while he makes his threat. "You could always turn her leftovers into sex robot. I hear you've been praying I am one. Maybe at least then she would have sense not to work with a slug."

At that moment she dodges the wave of fire she saw out the corner of her eye ducking and rolling. After standing she looks to Vik "Perhaps we kill this bastard before we join this thing."


Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1705
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
  • -1 visibility due to smoke and flames
  • Trees provide Medium cover -2
  • Houses provide near total cover -6
  • Fleeing civilians within the village area (houses, green ground) cause Difficult Ground
  • Area effects: Civilians in the village area will be caught by AOEs. SBT: 1d4; MBT/Cone: 1d6; LBT: 1d8
  • Fires will spread in a 1d6 random direction and cause 2d10 fire damage if you are caught in it, bypassing any non-FEP armor.

Round 3.0

NOTE: Detect Arcana -4 or Exalted Detect Arcana are needed to see the Slaver now since he has True Invisibility. Currently only Thomas can see him. Since he attacked this round, everyone else has the opportunity to find and target him. Make a Notice -8. If successful, you may attack him at -8.

***

Avoid Flame Burst 1 13 Fail; Shaken
Agility 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8+8 = 13 (5)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Last Benny to unshake.

Avoid Flame Burst 2 1 Crit fail
Agility 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Avoid Flame Burst 3 11 Success
-2 Wounds (Nerves of Steel)
Agility 1d8 (8)
Ace 1d8+8 = 13 (5)
Wild 1d6 (2)


Ashley saw the brief outline of the splugorth’s body in the flames as he threw up his arms with a cry, but the first blast only shook him a bit, but he recovered quickly.

Then a voice sounded inin her head. Oh, frack! and there was a sound like a repulsor engine stuck in the wrong gear as the second blast of flame washed over and outlined the monstrosity. It looked like he was struggling with the controls of his slave barge.

This flame cooked him good. His skin blackened and he shrieked in agony, at least until Ashley’s third blast cooked him completely.

End Combat
Ashley put 3 wounds on the spluggorth, and he technically, with Nerves of Steel, just evaded her third blast to survive. But with that Crit Fail on the second blast, and the end of the quarter, I’m just going to call it here. For the crit fail I was just going to make it easier to detect through his True Invisibility for a round, and you would probably have raked him over the coals. Good job everyone!


***

Summary


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlize WC (Quick, 3 wounds, incap, Str -1 die type, bleeding out)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Brianna
Nazo (Quick)
Vik
Ashley


Enemies:

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Charlize Bleeding Out
-3 Wounds
Vigor 1d10-3 = 6 (9)
Wild 1d6-3 = 2 (5)

Success! So you have 1 minute to save her before she has to roll again.

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1706
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
Round 0

Time for Interludes!
The village is still burning, Charlize is still bleeding out. If you decide how to help the village, or interact with the townsfolk, write how you do so. Include an interlude as you and your team catch your breath and heal up. Then take +1 XP and either a Benny or another Adventure Card.
Standard Interlude rules. Roll 1d4:
  • 1: Clubs - Tragedy: Describe a tale of tragedy or misfortune from your hero’s past, featuring one of his Hindrances if possible. If the teller has a dark secret of some kind, hint strongly at it, drop clues, or otherwise give the rest of the group a glimpse into your hero’s dark side during your narrative.
  • 2. Spades - Victory: Tell the group about a great victory or personal triumph in your adventurer’s past. How did it affect him afterward? Was there a reward?
  • 3. Hearts - Love: Speak fondly of the character’s greatest love—lost, found, or waiting on him back home. What is her name? Where does she live? Why is the traveler not with her now?
  • 4. Diamonds - Desire: Tell a tale about something your hero wants (or already has). It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.


Smoke fills the air, and flames illuminate the fading light of sunset as houses and fields burn. With the cessation of combat, the citizens of the village approach cautiously. Some help Nazo from her net, while others eye the clearly non-human members of the party warily, afraid to approach.

***

Summary


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlize WC (Quick, 3 wounds, incap, Str -1 die type, bleeding out)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Brianna
Nazo (Quick)
Vik
Ashley


Enemies:

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Destruction.

Psionic plasma ripped through what was left of the Splugorth minion's defenses, vaporizing orichalcum hull, protective slime and alien flesh alike. Sending the hovering barge crashing down to the ground with a slagged-out hole cored through it.

Ashley burned hotter still. Jubilant in this moment of vindication. This monster was gone but there were so many others. The world was full of monsters. She could burn them all.

The urge to keep going...to spread over the grass and trees, over the hills and plains...to consume until there wasn't anything left to consume...raged in her. Like any addiction, it battered at the weakest part of her mind and yammered she could protect everyone, everything, if she just burned all the monsters. All of them everywhere.

And really, who wasn't a monster these days?

She opened her eyes and saw the fear on the faces of the villagers they'd saved. Their expressions were like rusty knives.

There was at least one monster who wouldn't burn.

The flames leaping up around her, FROM her, died back down. Her feet dropped back onto the scorched earth below her. With something like resignation, something like pity, she stuffed the howling desire to keep getting hotter until the world itself burned back into the pit in the back of her mind. She'd need it again soon, but not now.

With a deep breath, and without speaking a word, Ashley moved forward into the town, giving the citizens the wide berth she felt they would want. Where her eyes fell on flaming fields and buildings, the fires went out. The smoke cleared. She couldn't undo the damage already done, but in the end all fires belonged to her.

It was only a few minutes before she caught up with the rest of the team, quiet and subdued.

(Interlude content 1d4 (3))


Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Interlude 1d4 (4)

Karsk said nothing as he turned and walked back towards the river, ignoring everyone. He disappears into the trees and for a moment there is quiet, until suddenly a stream of water appeared above the trees as Karsk walked back out, following him across to the fields and sprayed across the flames to extinguish them.


OOC Comments
Maintains exalted telekinesis with energy control water


Interlude
WIP
Involves a BBQ and where is Marvin's corpse?


Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Interlude time 1d4 (1)
A world scorched is a world drowned.
Red Wrong song don’t you do me wrong,
Lovers lane cry in pain,
A world without enough shame.
Where is Red Wrong gone in this new found land?
Gone in dark when the master became stark.
Red Wrong song you do me wrong.
Let me lie in muck and mud,
Hear the drums stick their thud.
A world in ash, water gone,
Red Wrong you and me are done.

Red Wrong
A japanese demon of immense power that she and her master were unable to defeat.
Attachment:
C78A4DD2-F32F-401F-B441-B23863AFF3BE.jpeg
C78A4DD2-F32F-401F-B441-B23863AFF3BE.jpeg [ 64.44 KiB | Viewed 860 times ]

Nazo stood upon being released and wiped the soot from her armor and slid the mud from her bladeless sword hilt. For all her efforts to remain concious she had been acutely aware of much of what had transpired. Her archaic hat still hid her face from view much like a normal helmet would. A glint of force fields running down off the edge of the wide hat to armored connector points would indicate the mechanically inclined her armor and hat were specially designed and perhaps even modled after a oriental version lf the Triax exoskeletal armor to provide the same benifits.

One word will do to those who freed me. ” Arigatōgozaimashita“ Her legs sprung forth and carried her gently from tree to tree, hut to hut, until she finally landed in a elegent crouch near Vik and his ex. I am unable to see his face but the pain in his voice is unmistakable. I was put here for a reason, same as he and my sister he loves. She placed her empty hilt on her belt and approached Vik with her palms open. Gently she tried to convey her sincere desire to help. One word will do, and I must hurry and place my trust that his emotions will not betray his judgement.

She said trying not to get killed while she drew upon her inner strength, ” Tasukete.“ Then her hands were on the bleeding woman desperate to place her into a meditative trance meant to recover her bodily injures as much as her inner or psychic strength.
2 wound healed flr Vik’s Ex, and Nazo is shaken
Psionic for Heal Power “Meditative Trance, 3 ISP +4 ISP for +2, -3 flr injuries. 1d8-1 = 0 (1)wild 1d6-1 = 2 (3) benny for EF with Elan 1d6+2 = 4 (2) +2 extra for the doubling of the leyline and major psionics

More than a success I would say. Still some minor injuries. So what is——
The stranger that had healed Vik’s ex more or less fell to the ground gripping her head so that her oriental hat turned askew revealing the sightless eyes of an Altara.
She has a distinctivly eastern accent. ” Nazo... Her breath is haggerd and she reaffixes her hat to cover her face. ”Nazo... Name.”

_________________
Combat Info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Active Powers:

Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Psynetic Crystal amplifier and augmenter
Psynetic Crystal Amplifier (Patron Item)
Image
These strange devices were smuggled out of gargoyle infested Poland. Created by the mysterious Angel of Death, they are works of exquisite craftsmanship, performing far better than any other known psynetic devices on the market. Several prominent Cyber-Docs have investigated the devices and are stumped as to how the truly work.
Crystalline Nano-Amplifier:
    • † More ISP means more power to work with, and your character has it. She gains +10 ISP to his base.
Crystalline Augmenter:
    • † Enhanced Senses: +2 on Notice and to the use of Detect Arcana.
†: Modifier from being attached to head and worn.


Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton
Choice of armor, reduce str min and add +1 armor.

NG-EX10 “Gladius” Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
  • +8MDC(increased by 1 pt) Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing
  • Strength Minimum: N/A
  • Environmental Protection: Full
  • Weight: 80 lbs
  • Note: The suit also grants the wearer d12+2 Strength and +2 Pace. The armor, while powered, doesn’t have a Strength Minimum. A wearer suffers a −2 to Stealth checks and any tasks requiring subtle or delicate movement.
  • The armor, while powered, ignores the d6(decreased by one die type)Strength Minimum for physical actions but not arcane skill rolls.

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
32E5FCFD-07AB-4CA5-871A-490D0C48AFE2.jpeg
Celestial Blade:
A normal hilt of the most mundane makings until gripped by one who is spiritually in tune. In the hands of a mystic this weapon is a holy relic of unimaginable power. Its blade is made of pure holy light and the hilt is transformed into one of pure silver with a flourishing guard. Some say Isis herself was involved in its creation or perhaps a chang-ku in Japan. Other’s say it is an unlikely gift from a millennium tree. No matter its origion, demons, vampires, and other super natural evil must beware the weilder who comes at them with such a weapon.
    Base Item: Chain Longsword, str+2d8, AP 2 MD
    • Minor- Celestial Silver( must be a mystic to gain this trapping, and not broken your higher calling)
    • Minor- +1 fighting
    • Major- Quickness “Exalted Exuberance”( Jazz trapping +1 ppe for +2pace, and raise 1 die increase to agility)
    • Major- Warriors Gift(Heroic) “ Fate’s Fury” ( +2 ppe, On a success, you gain +1 Parry; On a Raise, INSTEAD of a boost to Parry, you gain +1 Die-type to Fighting)
    PPE: 10pts, powers use arcane skill or spirit players choice.


Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Charlemagne lets out an exhausted sigh. Such is war, that leaves a wake of carnage besides. At least the cause is noble.

He thinks back on some of the disasters he has prevented, and those he could not. Villages in tatters, not unlike this one. Innocents slaughtered or enslaved. Grateful townsfolk liberated from harsh overlords. It seems he's seen more than his share.

Lord Coake's cause is just. I simply don't know if it is possible. Can the light drown out the darkness of this world?

He looks on as a child, singed and soot-covered, but otherwise unharmed, screams for its mother. He moves towards the little girl. "Young lady, perhaps I can assist you?" The child pauses its screaming while beholding the cyber-knight. She sniffles, then offers a simple "mommy...?" Charlemagne bends down and scoops the girl up in his arms. "Here. Let us get a different vantage point, and see if we cannot locate your mother." With that, he takes flight, carrying the girl aloft. The village is not large, but the desolation of fire obscures much of what can be seen. Before too terribly long, however, the girl screams excitedly. "Mommy!"
Turning gentle circles, Charlemagne eventually alights next to a hysterical woman, surrounded by other survivors who are attempting to console her. Charlemagne cradles the child in his arms, still. "Madam, I believe I may have found something you misplaced." The woman cries out in jubilation as mother and daughter are reunited. Charlemagne watches as the people crowd around her, and these survivors share an embrace. Backing slowly away, Charlemagne chooses not to interject himself into a joyful reunion. Oft, even noble deeds such as these, though minimal effort was expended, go unnoticed. Such is the burden of nobility and honor. We must do that which is thankless so that these, our charges, can live their lives free of the burden of tyranny and oppression.
Before he can turn away, the little girl, wrapped tightly in her mother's embrace, twists her head to catch another glimpse of the golden sky knight. She smiles.

Charlemagne bows, smiles, and takes flight to return to his compatriots.
It is my purpose to do all in my power to deliver the weakest from the clutches of the oppressor. Though the task appears to be futile, I will carry the light of hope into the wider world. Sowing seeds of goodness and mercy cannot but yield a harvest of that which was planted. The merest seeds can blossom into something wonderful, if we are true to our task, and remain vigilant, and nurture those seeds.

Interlude
Taking the benny and +1 XP

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 46
Reply with quote
1d4 (2) = Victory

"Oy, hoover that one you knobby blighter!" Vik shouts, pumping his fist as the Slaver fries in the fiery barge like an octopus tossed on the grill.

He turns back toward Charlize in time to see the new bird in the samurai hat strolling up, hands out as she spouts some anime tosh.

"I don't know fuckways from Friday what High Street dross you're talking, so I'll assume it's some kinda hadouken-shoryuken version of "please-sir-let-me-heal-your-girlfriend". In which case you may, while I slap a new pack of skeet-skeet in the ol' Vickers here in case of which it ain't and I have to swiss-cheese you into sashimi like ol' Marvin used to drool over, only Marvin's dead and the fellow on the Mt. Dewback is probably snicker-snacking him right up into filets about now and you know the rest except you don't 'cause you're new but you ain't gonna get a chance to get old otherwise so just don't fuck it up."

Abandoning bravado, he drops to his knees and looks on with anxious concern as Nazo lays hands on Charlize. Moments later, when Charlize's wounds visibly close and Nazo passes out, Vik grabs the newcomer and lays her gently on the ground, straightening her helmet. "Mums the word from me, Nightingale-san, and next time we pass a regular ol' divey-hole, I'm buying the first bucket of piss-water lager and a couple of rounds of the high-end toilet whiskey. You're a right red-wickered mate, you are."

He then turns his attention to Charlize, who has yet to regain consciousness.

"Oh, Charlie-Charlie-Charles. Look at you, loads better now wif'out that nasty C-section old robo-tramp tried ta give you. Now we just gotta see what them Sluggos did to ya to make you try to put a hole in dear old Vik."

Fishing for Symbiotes
Techo-Wizardry to cast Greater Boost Trait-Healing 1d10+4 = 5 (1)
Wild 1d6+4 = 9 (5) = Success with a raise, +4d Healing

Boo. Spending a Benny to reroll: TW 1d10+4 = 10 (6) = Ace 1d6+10 = 16 (6) = Ace 1d6+16 = 19 (3)
Wild 1d6+4 = 7 (3)

Healing with First Aid Kit to find and remove any symbiotes in Charlize 1d10+1 = 10 (9) = Success with a raise.
Wild 1d6+1 = 7 (6) Just noticed this aced, too 1d6+7 = 9 (2)

Pulling out his View-Master of Mastery, Vik skims through a few slides, temporarily improving his bed-side manner.

"Oh my prepubescent marbles, I feel like Doogie Howser. Call me Dr. Horrible," he says, then fishes out his first aid kit and starts probing around Charlize's neck, ears and back, then shines a flashlight up her nostrils and into her throat.

"Now then, where'd they stash that symbio-whatsit. Like looking for them vegan worms, eh Charlie? Vedic-worms? What were they called? The ones what we sold to the prancy bastards on that station that smelled like pickles. Those were some right wally gits to wrangle, wif nothing but orichalcum hooks on shiver-wire. You and me was fighting that one for an hour, it seemed like, after it ate Effy. I think we snagged his boot offa the first cast and had to reset the hook."

Vik continues prattling on as he pulls some curved, needle-nose pliers from his tool kit and wipes them down with an alcohol swab. Soon, the pliers disappear down Charlize's throat as he probes around like a mad dentist.

"Had to be careful with them video-vader-worms, 'cause of that thing they did like erupting with melty-acid-spooge when you stuck 'em wrong. Lost my best pair of trainers the first time that happened. Then you got the idea of using them little doggo-rats as bait, so's they'd swallow the hooks easier. After that, it was just reeling them in, real careful ... like ... so you got ... the whole ... blighting ... thing!"

"Viola, as they say among the Frenchies," he says, holding a wriggling bio-wizard symbiote on the end of his pliers. Carefully, he lays it on the ground, then squashes it messily under his boot. "Oughta take care of the psycho-ex-girlfriend drama, leastways the homicidal end of the behavior what ain't directly linked to things I may or may not have allegedly failed to do, as a paramour, before girl-Charlie and me went scarpering our separate ways. And no offense, Boss-man Charlie, for the Frenchie thing. You're right un-tosser-ish for being named after a frog."

Taking a Benny for the Interlude.

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.


Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1707
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
Round 0

Charlize stirred as magically her wounds were healed and the bio-slug was removed. She turned her gaze to Vik, and it was rather unnerving. Where her beautiful blue eyes had been was the blank skin and eyeless gaze of an Altaran warrior woman, just like the mystic that had healed her and now knelt beside her and Vik.

“Vik...you came back for me…” Charlie said with a smile.

And then she slapped him. “And that’s for leaving me behind in the first place!” she scolded. But then she grabbed his unkempt hair and pulled him down for a searing kiss.

As the reunion went on, some villagers came toward the party carrying Marvin’s still form.

***

Summary


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlize WC (Quick)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Brianna
Nazo (Quick)
Vik
Ashley


Enemies:

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 46
Reply with quote
KahlessNestor wrote:
Charlize stirred as magically her wounds were healed and the bio-slug was removed. She turned her gaze to Vik, and it was rather unnerving. Where her beautiful blue eyes had been was the blank skin and eyeless gaze of an Altaran warrior woman, just like the mystic that had healed her and now knelt beside her and Vik.

“Vik...you came back for me…” Charlie said with a smile.

And then she slapped him. “And that’s for leaving me behind in the first place!” she scolded. But then she grabbed his unkempt hair and pulled him down for a searing kiss.


"Yeah love, course I did, I <oof> Whaddya gotta do that for? I didn't mean to leave you, it was a miscalculator-in' of timin' what's all, I never <mmmph> that is <mmmph> yeah, all right, s'long as you're sure you ain't got no more parasites ..."

Vik whips out a TW device and erects an opaque screen that stands tall around the reunited couple, blocking the ensuing debauchery from view but doing little to muffle the sounds of prolonged and acrobatic ... doctoring.

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.


Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Charlemagne simply blinks as Vik spews his normal verbal mishmash. At being "right un-tosser-ish" he simply...nods, blankly, and continues his incredulous blinking. The blank look melts into a smile as Charlize apparently holds...well, not too many harsh feelings for Vik. His smile quickly turns to shock as Vik and Charlize resume their prior associations behind a visual screen. "Yes, well, hrm...very well. Let us adjourn and see to..." He looks around the faces of the gathered. "Where is Mr. Marvin?!"

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Recovering himself and returning to the group Thomas's pride prevents him from mentioning the fear spell that overwhelmed. Thinking it is something better to let rest unless someone else brings it up.

Walking over to look at the citizens he will see if he can be of any help to them. Offering what limited help he can as he tells them of the Legion and our mission. Even going so far as offering to help direct their clean up efforts.

While normally very confident, Thomas avoids using too many words while working with the other Legion members, knowing how judgmental warriors can be about such things.

Persuasion 16 to keep up the reputation of the legion
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 12 (6)
Wild Die 1d6+6 = 12 (6) Ace 1d6+12 = 16 (4)
.


Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Starcrossed Lovers, a tale well told in the far east. Master Kittito was well versed in Tanabata...” Nazo whispered”Aikō-ka.” Then leaped over the barrier slightly blushing. She found herself landing gently near a burnt out home recently cooled by a grieving Simvan. So very sorry for your loss. One word to him to bolster his spirits. ”Gomen'nasai.”

Nazo, as she leaped from one burnt hut to the next she survey’s the death her sisters had wrought. She kept her hat close to the face obscurimg her ancestry as she landed admist a group of surviors. They were huddled arround an elderly grandma who was dying from burns and smoke inhalation. Her family.

A young boy grabbed Nazo’s hand he had seen what she did for Vik’s special friend. The boy’s voice was weak and small, ” You have to save her miss, you have to save Grandma.” The rest of her family now gathered joined in the boy’s plea. Nazo bent low and placed one hand over the woman’s forehead and the other over her heart. She was already too far gone. She was past my skill, and perhaps only a shinto priest could save her now. Her breath was ragged and shallow struggling against the inevitable.

The boy squeezed Nazo’s shoulder and looked at her with desperate blue eyes. I released my inner strength so that my words would be understood by all toungues. Nazo’s voice was calmn and soothing with a hint of sadness, ” Have you ever heard of the killing feilds of Kyoto?” A few shook there heads no, the rest looked at me with what I could only imagine bonker eyes. It was an odd question to ask as I laid the woman to rest before those that loved her. But I had to shock them into accepting the final tragedy.

With her psychic power of the tounges at work she continues softly with rapture, ”These fields were once the pride of Japan. Jasmine fields as far as the eye could see. The smell visceral and soothing. Monks, holy men, politicians, farmers, city workers would come from miles around just to catch a glimpse of the wonderment. It was said that while the feilds were tended to by so few, they belonged to all.” Nazo paused and ran both hands accross the woman’s face. She let her psychic energy flow into the dying woman. It is almost time elder one...

” Many who lived in Japan remembered the fields with fondness. Every town, and hamlet had their favored legend of these great fields made of jasmine. Every town remembered it differently but together they never let it be forgotton. However, now, they are an endless warzone... A rolling wasteland where Japanese samurai do battle against those that attacked you this evening. Fields set ablaze as far as the eye can see. Those that remember or tell the stories can be counted on one hand. It is a shame to have lost something so richly beautiful and loved.” The eldery woman gaspped one last breath whispering Thank you. Her body vanished from sight, and her clothes crumbled where her body used to lie. Far too many faces shocked, I should have better prepared them... The folks huddled around the now vanished grandma step back from Nazo in apprehension.

She nodded in acceptance. I am sorry I did not ready you for the transition. Before her tongues wore off she said with no small amount of finality, ” It is only a tragedy if you forget the stories that contain her memory.”
Take the benny

_________________
Combat Info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Active Powers:

Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Psynetic Crystal amplifier and augmenter
Psynetic Crystal Amplifier (Patron Item)
Image
These strange devices were smuggled out of gargoyle infested Poland. Created by the mysterious Angel of Death, they are works of exquisite craftsmanship, performing far better than any other known psynetic devices on the market. Several prominent Cyber-Docs have investigated the devices and are stumped as to how the truly work.
Crystalline Nano-Amplifier:
    • † More ISP means more power to work with, and your character has it. She gains +10 ISP to his base.
Crystalline Augmenter:
    • † Enhanced Senses: +2 on Notice and to the use of Detect Arcana.
†: Modifier from being attached to head and worn.


Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton
Choice of armor, reduce str min and add +1 armor.

NG-EX10 “Gladius” Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
  • +8MDC(increased by 1 pt) Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing
  • Strength Minimum: N/A
  • Environmental Protection: Full
  • Weight: 80 lbs
  • Note: The suit also grants the wearer d12+2 Strength and +2 Pace. The armor, while powered, doesn’t have a Strength Minimum. A wearer suffers a −2 to Stealth checks and any tasks requiring subtle or delicate movement.
  • The armor, while powered, ignores the d6(decreased by one die type)Strength Minimum for physical actions but not arcane skill rolls.

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
32E5FCFD-07AB-4CA5-871A-490D0C48AFE2.jpeg
Celestial Blade:
A normal hilt of the most mundane makings until gripped by one who is spiritually in tune. In the hands of a mystic this weapon is a holy relic of unimaginable power. Its blade is made of pure holy light and the hilt is transformed into one of pure silver with a flourishing guard. Some say Isis herself was involved in its creation or perhaps a chang-ku in Japan. Other’s say it is an unlikely gift from a millennium tree. No matter its origion, demons, vampires, and other super natural evil must beware the weilder who comes at them with such a weapon.
    Base Item: Chain Longsword, str+2d8, AP 2 MD
    • Minor- Celestial Silver( must be a mystic to gain this trapping, and not broken your higher calling)
    • Minor- +1 fighting
    • Major- Quickness “Exalted Exuberance”( Jazz trapping +1 ppe for +2pace, and raise 1 die increase to agility)
    • Major- Warriors Gift(Heroic) “ Fate’s Fury” ( +2 ppe, On a success, you gain +1 Parry; On a Raise, INSTEAD of a boost to Parry, you gain +1 Die-type to Fighting)
    PPE: 10pts, powers use arcane skill or spirit players choice.


Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
The prideful one returns to the pack and is less gregarious than he may normally be... He is holding back. Perhaps it is time for me to say hello.
Nazo leap from burnt building to the next, delicatly balancing on impractical beams as she went. She landed next to Thomas softly with out much fanfare. Her wide brimmed dark hat covered much of her face except that of a slight smile. The inner strength within her allowed for communication which would otherwise be impossible.

Softly she spoke to him, not exactly looking directly at him but more off to the side as if she was not exactly sure where his eyes were. ” I am Nazo, no last name. Just Nazo, I have only recently come to this land after being seperated by my master. However, it is not coincidence our paths have crossed in this moment. I have heard you tell others in this villiage you are with a Legion of Tomorrow.” She places her hands on her hips, ” My time here at the village, my capture, and your timely arrival were all foretold by the spirits that roam these lands. Will you let me travel with your group, it is my belief that I must.” She draws her bladeless hilt and from it forms a shaft of light made out of a celestial silver force. ” I am well skilled in many things, such as swordsmanship and channeling my Chi. In my home land of Japan I am know as a Demon Queller.”

_________________
Combat Info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Active Powers:

Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Psynetic Crystal amplifier and augmenter
Psynetic Crystal Amplifier (Patron Item)
Image
These strange devices were smuggled out of gargoyle infested Poland. Created by the mysterious Angel of Death, they are works of exquisite craftsmanship, performing far better than any other known psynetic devices on the market. Several prominent Cyber-Docs have investigated the devices and are stumped as to how the truly work.
Crystalline Nano-Amplifier:
    • † More ISP means more power to work with, and your character has it. She gains +10 ISP to his base.
Crystalline Augmenter:
    • † Enhanced Senses: +2 on Notice and to the use of Detect Arcana.
†: Modifier from being attached to head and worn.


Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton
Choice of armor, reduce str min and add +1 armor.

NG-EX10 “Gladius” Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
  • +8MDC(increased by 1 pt) Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing
  • Strength Minimum: N/A
  • Environmental Protection: Full
  • Weight: 80 lbs
  • Note: The suit also grants the wearer d12+2 Strength and +2 Pace. The armor, while powered, doesn’t have a Strength Minimum. A wearer suffers a −2 to Stealth checks and any tasks requiring subtle or delicate movement.
  • The armor, while powered, ignores the d6(decreased by one die type)Strength Minimum for physical actions but not arcane skill rolls.

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
32E5FCFD-07AB-4CA5-871A-490D0C48AFE2.jpeg
Celestial Blade:
A normal hilt of the most mundane makings until gripped by one who is spiritually in tune. In the hands of a mystic this weapon is a holy relic of unimaginable power. Its blade is made of pure holy light and the hilt is transformed into one of pure silver with a flourishing guard. Some say Isis herself was involved in its creation or perhaps a chang-ku in Japan. Other’s say it is an unlikely gift from a millennium tree. No matter its origion, demons, vampires, and other super natural evil must beware the weilder who comes at them with such a weapon.
    Base Item: Chain Longsword, str+2d8, AP 2 MD
    • Minor- Celestial Silver( must be a mystic to gain this trapping, and not broken your higher calling)
    • Minor- +1 fighting
    • Major- Quickness “Exalted Exuberance”( Jazz trapping +1 ppe for +2pace, and raise 1 die increase to agility)
    • Major- Warriors Gift(Heroic) “ Fate’s Fury” ( +2 ppe, On a success, you gain +1 Parry; On a Raise, INSTEAD of a boost to Parry, you gain +1 Die-type to Fighting)
    PPE: 10pts, powers use arcane skill or spirit players choice.


Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Posts: 140
Reply with quote
Date: September 3, 109 PA
Time: 1807
Weather: Normal for season (warm); no wind, no precipitation
Location: Dalery, CS Missouri (Mound City, MO)
Ley Line: Medium (quarter mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long, east to west)
Scene modifiers:
Round 0

OOC Comments
If you didn’t get your interlude written, feel free to continue here. Just moving us forward. Feel free to continue RPing in this thread, as you have some hours to travel yet.


The fires die down thanks to Ashley and Karsk. Mr. Marvin’s body is turned over to the team by the villagers. They are grateful, but they are clearly wary of such a gathering of D-Bees. They have no wish for you to stay longer than you need.

When it is clear, Captain Norris edges the towboat and barges up to the bank. Leonard makes his apologies, but he has decided he has no stomach for this and wishes to head back to Baldur’s Ferry. He drives his Mountaineer off the barge and disappears south as he follows the river. Guadalupe shakes her head as she watches Leonard drive away.

Bill Sandyman and his family are saddened by the death of their friend Marvin.

As the sun his heading toward the horizon, the party settles itself onto the barge with the newest member of their team, and Charlize, remarkably, somehow, alive...and Altaran.

***

Summary


***

Combat Notes
Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlize WC (Quick)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Brianna
Nazo (Quick)
Vik
Ashley


Enemies:

Allies and Extras:
Bill Sandyman (WC) and family (5 Extras, Civilian stats)
Daniel Cazier (WC)
Zacra Daeli (WC)
Liz Urzenski (WC)
William Norris (WC)
Guadalupe Hidalgo (WC)
10 Barge Crew (Bandit stats, Extras)
30 Mercenaries (Soldier stats, Extras)
60 Laborers (Civilian stats, Extras)


Map


***

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

_________________
Fort Hope GM Info

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick


Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Jumping near out of his skin Thomas looks at whoever snuck up beside him. “Well then, welcome Nazo. Perhaps you should talk to Charlamagne he is the leader of the Legion combat members.” Then examining the strangers with his arcane sight thomas nods, seeing he has enough power to be helpful. “Glad, you were able to be helped, but i do not know what the rules are for picking up new allies.”

***************

Pulling himself together Thomas moves to the Ley Line and draws up as much power as he can. He did not like the way things turned out here. Worst part of all they lost on of their own, for no real gain.

These people, this town, all of this will just be devoured by the next monster to come along while they are gone. And these Legion people keep wanting to jump at the little stuff instead of thinking on the big picture. The idea of New Hope works great, but not if everyone dies on the way fighting some random monster.

And now the townsfolk are sending them on their way without so much as a warning not to let the door hit us on the way out. Smiling and nodding Thomas thanks them before going, knowing how important it is to maintain the image the Legion is paying him to maintain. “Thank you. We know this had to have been a traumatic moment and if you need any more help please let those of us at New Hope know.

“I only wish there was something we could do to help you rebuild faster.”

As the team packs up to leave Thomas maintains his normal smiling external demeanor as much as possible. But even then the fatigue from the adrenaline rush he felt as the fear spell hit him, leaves him tired and looking at the negative side of everything.

Well at least Vik will be getting the good tonight. That makes up for something.


Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Charlemagne bows to the new arrival. "Nazo, you say? You are welcome to join us on this voyage, if you do not wish to remain here. I, for one, am not opposed to taking you on, as it appears you do have some gifts. And it appears..." He looks at the downcast faces of his allies. "...Mr. Marvin will not be joining us for the task ahead." He crosses himself, bows his head, and pauses for a silent moment.
The moment passes, and he looks again at his comrades. "Mr. Marvin died defending the weak and saving the helpless. He will live on in our hearts." He turns back to Nazo. "We will assess your abilities and submit formal documentation of your commission with the Legion, should you wish it to be so."
Charlemagne looks towards the river and flags down Captain Norris. He turns back to the townsfolk. "We are glad to have been of assistance. Though the task of rebuilding will be no easy labor, I have faith that you will do so. Should you ever need assistance, the Tomorrow Legion's outpost at Fort Hope will be happy to offer whatever aid we can. Godspeed to you all." With that, he boards the barge and looks out over the bow of the boat, scanning the horizon for trouble or trial.

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Charlemagne wrote:
Charlemagne bows to the new arrival. "Nazo, you say? You are welcome to join us on this voyage, if you do not wish to remain here. I, for one, am not opposed to taking you on, as it appears you do have some gifts. And it appears..." He looks at the downcast faces of his allies. "...Mr. Marvin will not be joining us for the task ahead." He crosses himself, bows his head, and pauses for a silent moment.
The moment passes, and he looks again at his comrades. "Mr. Marvin died defending the weak and saving the helpless. He will live on in our hearts." He turns back to Nazo. "We will assess your abilities and submit formal documentation of your commission with the Legion, should you wish it to be so."
Charlemagne looks towards the river and flags down Captain Norris. He turns back to the townsfolk. "We are glad to have been of assistance. Though the task of rebuilding will be no easy labor, I have faith that you will do so. Should you ever need assistance, the Tomorrow Legion's outpost at Fort Hope will be happy to offer whatever aid we can. Godspeed to you all." With that, he boards the barge and looks out over the bow of the boat, scanning the horizon for trouble or trial.


Nazo smiled sadly, a slight demure grin. She was obviously using some kind of psionic ability to respond to charlemagne in his native tongue. ” Nazo yes, as I was telling Thomas that is my name. I am alone in this land far from my home. Lost from my master, but lost from his teachings and the guidance the spirits of these lands provide.” She lightly bound to him as if she walked on the clouds themselves. Her face was mostly hidden beneath her large rimmed hat, but her lips were pursed with agnst, ” I can sense the mistrust these villagers have, but I wonder if the townsfolk will ask for aid too late. Does not the Legion of Tomorrow have the means and will to help them now? Perhaps some kind words would go a long way in mollifying their fears?”
She paused and lifted a young girl out of the muck, ” Either way I am with you Charlemagne.”

_________________
Combat Info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Active Powers:

Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Psynetic Crystal amplifier and augmenter
Psynetic Crystal Amplifier (Patron Item)
Image
These strange devices were smuggled out of gargoyle infested Poland. Created by the mysterious Angel of Death, they are works of exquisite craftsmanship, performing far better than any other known psynetic devices on the market. Several prominent Cyber-Docs have investigated the devices and are stumped as to how the truly work.
Crystalline Nano-Amplifier:
    • † More ISP means more power to work with, and your character has it. She gains +10 ISP to his base.
Crystalline Augmenter:
    • † Enhanced Senses: +2 on Notice and to the use of Detect Arcana.
†: Modifier from being attached to head and worn.


Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton
Choice of armor, reduce str min and add +1 armor.

NG-EX10 “Gladius” Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
  • +8MDC(increased by 1 pt) Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing
  • Strength Minimum: N/A
  • Environmental Protection: Full
  • Weight: 80 lbs
  • Note: The suit also grants the wearer d12+2 Strength and +2 Pace. The armor, while powered, doesn’t have a Strength Minimum. A wearer suffers a −2 to Stealth checks and any tasks requiring subtle or delicate movement.
  • The armor, while powered, ignores the d6(decreased by one die type)Strength Minimum for physical actions but not arcane skill rolls.

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
32E5FCFD-07AB-4CA5-871A-490D0C48AFE2.jpeg
Celestial Blade:
A normal hilt of the most mundane makings until gripped by one who is spiritually in tune. In the hands of a mystic this weapon is a holy relic of unimaginable power. Its blade is made of pure holy light and the hilt is transformed into one of pure silver with a flourishing guard. Some say Isis herself was involved in its creation or perhaps a chang-ku in Japan. Other’s say it is an unlikely gift from a millennium tree. No matter its origion, demons, vampires, and other super natural evil must beware the weilder who comes at them with such a weapon.
    Base Item: Chain Longsword, str+2d8, AP 2 MD
    • Minor- Celestial Silver( must be a mystic to gain this trapping, and not broken your higher calling)
    • Minor- +1 fighting
    • Major- Quickness “Exalted Exuberance”( Jazz trapping +1 ppe for +2pace, and raise 1 die increase to agility)
    • Major- Warriors Gift(Heroic) “ Fate’s Fury” ( +2 ppe, On a success, you gain +1 Parry; On a Raise, INSTEAD of a boost to Parry, you gain +1 Die-type to Fighting)
    PPE: 10pts, powers use arcane skill or spirit players choice.


Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Posts: 48
Reply with quote
Charlemagne shakes his head at Nazo. He lowers his voice, and addresses her. "No, it is quite plain that they wish us to move on. There is wisdom in knowing when you are offering aid, and when you are forcing others to take it. Staying longer than we are welcome will only harm our standing here." He motions for the rest of the crew to board. "We shall send a less interesting face than mine, when the opportunity allows, to treat with this village again. One such as Thomas may be welcome when the fires have cooled and the rebuilding has begun." He smiles, and offers a hand to Nazo to help her on to the barge.

_________________
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature


Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Nodding at Nazo's words and listening as Charlemagne responds Thomas confirms. "The Tomorrow Legion has a policy of self determination. We do not force ourselves, even our aid, on anyone who does not wish it. These people have chosen to stand alone, and the Legion will respect that." Then mumbling to himself so low that only those with the most exceptional of sense could hear. "Though they in fact chose to die at the hands of the very next monster and waste the life of another who fought for them when they do."


Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Posts: 46
Reply with quote
"Leastwise they're standing in one spot, 'stead of scarpering off when the nasty neepers come prowling, eh there, Tommy?" Vik says, un-subtly digging an elbow into Thomas's ribs. "You're right spry when the shite starts flitter-flattering round the field. But least you're still here, holding down the bench, 'stead of going all wally-AWOL like poor Hairy. Reckon ol' Sparkebutt got his walnuts chopped when he a was a pup, so's his curls would come in so flash. Sad to see him go, tho, 'specially as he's takin' our ride and put us to tramping in trainers like a buncha pikey blighters."

_________________
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.


Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Vik wrote:
"Leastwise they're standing in one spot, 'stead of scarpering off when the nasty neepers come prowling, eh there, Tommy?" Vik says, un-subtly digging an elbow into Thomas's ribs. "You're right spry when the shite starts flitter-flattering round the field. But least you're still here, holding down the bench, 'stead of going all wally-AWOL like poor Hairy. Reckon ol' Sparkebutt got his walnuts chopped when he a was a pup, so's his curls would come in so flash. Sad to see him go, tho, 'specially as he's takin' our ride and put us to tramping in trainers like a buncha pikey blighters."

Looking offended and feeling defensive Thomas lashes out. "You have no idea of the magic being slung between that demon and myself. While he did win the duel, I assure you I weakened him in ways you simply could not learn about from the bottom of a bottle."


Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
"And leave Leo alone," Ashley adds, coming up to Vik and Thomas. "He wasn't a warrior. He...he wasn't like us. He'll find somewhere that fits him. It's probably better this way."

For a moment she looked pensively out at the town. In another world, maybe just a Rift away, she'd have been in Deadboy armor, and probably welcomed as a hero here.

But of course, then she'd have had to burn Charlesmagne and Thomas, at the very least, down along with those demons. She'd never have even known they were decent people.

Leo wasn't the only one looking for a place that fit him. "Lets get out of here."


Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.