View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:10 am



Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ] 
 Adventure 3: The New Plan 
Author Message
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1398
Reply with quote
A New Plan
With the shocking revelation of a continued Sarpah presence on earth - and at least some level of collusion with earth’s government - the team prepares themselves for action. For many this will be their first battle against a real enemy since war time, and for the young members, this will be their first fight at all. Tension runs high and morale somewhat low as the team searches for a way forward. Fortunately, the world of KENMARK is a fantastic place. Excellent facilities, equipment, and toys to keep a despondent hero happy. With newly minted uniforms, specialized equipment, and the knowledge of alien dominance the group steels itself for action.

A news announcement further catalyzes their resolve.

After the brazen assault on an AEGIS Facility in Upstate New York the World Government has decided to coordinate all law enforcement and intelligence gathering operations under the shield of AEGIS. This will end the multinational alphabet soup of agencies, both foreign and domestic, that prevent the timely sharing of information and resources to combat the growing domestic terrorist threat posed by rouge ARES project members.

In one fell swoop AEGIS has become the controlling organization for all national law enforcement and intelligence aparati. Their reach will extend to every street corner in every city and town across the globe. They will has have unfettered access to satellite imagery and special weapons and tactics.

As the news coverage continues Marks shakes his head, “I don’t have to tell you guys that this is bad. With AEGIS getting their fingers in every pie your movements - and those like you - are going to be extremely difficult. I suspect coordinated purges will follow. Even if we go public with what you found, the public sentiment is so low the message won’t get through.” Shrugging and looking at Mr. Raith he smiles, “We’re going to need to win the PR battle as much as the ground war. GOod thing you guys got good costumes, we can build a brand from that.”

Looking at Summer and Bradley he smiles, “You two are going to be the centre of our social media department. We’re going to have to set-up blogs, leak info to conspiracy nuts, political blogs, all that kind of jazz. And while we’re doing that, the big damn heroes are going to have to do things that cause people to ask questions. Save cats from trees, expose alien presence, and basically try to change the mood. It won’t be easy we’re working against the world government, but, hell I got billions of dollars let’s spend ‘em”

Putting up a list of post war American law enforcement and intelligence agencies Marks suggests a first move, “These guys ain’t going to be happy about a take over. If we can sow some seeds of doubt we can really slow down AEGIS power creep. I got some contacts at the CIA and FBI, we’ll get them some imaging from the hack upstate but we need to back it up with a grand gesture. Taking a Sarpah alive. Let’s ID a Continuum Consulting building and try to find ourselves a lizard man.”

Options
  1. Another AEGIS building in New York State
  2. A secret facility in China
  3. An unmarked airbase in Mexico

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:45 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Gothm considers their options, as Marks lays them out. "I would advise against the New York facility. Too close to home. AEGIS may be global, now, but that just means that many more layers they have to coordinate--and since we know that not all of them are in on the real story, they will have compartmentalized information, for all their talk of breaking down communication barriers. Striking elsewhere in the world will make it harder for them to pin us down."

He continues, after a moment. "These other two facilities--are they rural, urban, small town? AEGIS will likely have reinforcements they can draw on from any major city. Likewise, as of this moment we probably need to assume that military bases represent a potential complication. So rural locales away from military outposts are our best bet--do either of these fit that profile better?"

_________________
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease

Bennies: 4/4


Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
John has been working through his contacts, trying to persuade people it is in their own best interest to expose the aliens conspiring with the upper levels of AEGIS. He is not the best persuader around, he is mostly a mechanic with a fancy suit...

OOC Comments
Streetwise 1d6 (1), WS 1d6 (2) Spending bennie for extra effort 1d6 (6), EE Ace 1d6 (6), EEA2 1d6 (3) Streetwise = 15; 2 raises
Persuasion 1d4 (4), WP 1d6 (4), Persuasion Ace 1d4 (4), PA2 1d4 (1) = Persuade 9; 1 raise


After Nearly giving up on finding someone who could help and might listen, he mentioned it in passing to someone who put him on the right track. He still is not sure who he was talking to, but he is sure they were pretty high up in the organization and interested in what he had to say. They told him they would get back to him with what they found out.

_________________
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Layered Armor: Armor (5), Heavy (4)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Aerial Mobility Unit: Flight (10){120 MPH}, Climb (1){+2}
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)


Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
"Cool! Summer we get to work together. What's social media?"

Not waiting for an answer he reads her mind immediately after asking the question, still not quite accustomed to boundaries while using his power.

"Oh ok, so there like places on the internet we can reach out to people and friends. That's pretty cool. We could do a cool photo shoot of everyone in the cool costumes you made. Maybe spark some interest. While we save kittens and babies and such we can video tape and record it. From what I can tell people like cat videos."

As the conversation changes to where to go he listens to peoples thoughts and discussions on which one to go with ultimately joining in on Summer's decision verbally just seconds before she says it out loud while pretending it was unintentional.

_________________
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5


Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am
Posts: 68
Reply with quote
Walker watching the uncomfortable interactions of teenagers has fond memories of his own experiences. Then observing Bradley responding to unspoken words he begins to worry a bit. Whispering into Bradley's mind he says. It is considered an abomination to read the minds of your friends and those around you without permission Bradley. And especially where romantic interest are concerned is frequently considered a violation akin to looking up their skirt, and unwanted groping.

_________________
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Benny and Resource Tracking


Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:19 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice:23
1d8 (8) + 1d8 (8) + 1d8 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 (3)
That should have been a damage roll!


Mitchell grimaces as he listens to the newscast. Marks is right, this isn’t as simple as finding the bad guy and escorting him, sometimes a bit worse for wear, to justice. It also wasn’t like the war where the enemy was clear...at least in the beginning until those with powers became outlaws. They needed to be a step ahead of AEGIS at the very least.

“Gothm has a point. I vote for China. We need to make AEGIS think we are bigger than we are. Make them second guess what we have at our disposal. Going for China, and doing it quickly, might put them on their heels. Mr. Marks is committed to helping us with his resources, let's take advantage of it while we can. Who knows when the World Government might make it even harder to move about. The quicker we do this, the more chaos and confusion we can cause with our enemies.”

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1528

Bennies: 2


Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Delilah Notice 6
Notice 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Summer Notice 10
Notice 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 10 (4)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Summer beamed and being included in Marks’ plans. “I can totally handle your social media!” she said.

Delilah frowned, but at least that might keep Summer safe. She hoped.

Summer face palmed, though, when Bradley didn’t know what social media was. “We totally have to catch you up!” she said. “Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Imgur, Tinder--”

“What?” Delilah was suddenly paying attention. “You’re on Tinder!”

Summer blinked and looked at her mom. “No! Ew!” she said.

"Oh, okay, so they’re, like, places on the internet we can reach out to people and friends. That's pretty cool. We could do a cool photo shoot of everyone in the cool costumes you made. Maybe spark some interest. While we save kittens and babies and such, we can video tape and record it. From what I can tell, people like cat videos."

“Exactly!” Summer told Bradley.

As the teens discussed social media, Delilah considered Gothm and MItchell’s suggestions. “New York is too close to our last target,” she agreed. “If that airbase in Mexico isn’t military, it’s a good target. Probably cartel owned. A secret facility in China is iffy. Might have more security than we like. I vote Mexico. We won’t be pissing off a nuclear capable nation if we mess up, and can disappear quickly across the border if we need to.”

***

Actions


Conditions
*Bennies: 3/3
*Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Speed: 2 x Pace

_________________
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
    Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:39 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1398
Reply with quote
Mexico
After brief deliberation it is agreed that group will head to Mexico. After the war Mexico lost almost all of its government apparatus. Fortunately, the areas outside of major government and military centers were left largely in tact. In the power vacuum various groups took the place of local governments to keep people fed and safe. In some areas this was drug cartels but in many places it was the church that stepped into leadership. Their network of non-government hospitals, schools, and buildings along with the loyalty of the local populace gave them a lot of advantages. While there is a major world government city being reclaimed near Mexico City, the hinterland it a patchwork of cartel territory and parroquia - church administered territories. The "air base" is actually an older, rusted out, airstrip with a few metal hangars inside one of the cartel zones. The approaches are wide open with only an old fashioned chain link fence surrounding the perimeter. Security does not appear to be a priority. Whatever interest Continuum Consult or the Sarpah have in this facility is hard to figure out.

Image

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am
Posts: 68
Reply with quote
Walker starts reviewing the satellite images and condition of the area. His focus trying to find safe places near by they could teleport to or from without it being right in the middle of the facility.
Then looking around he asks. "Do any of you have military experience? When I was in the AEGIS I was generally used as a resource and did not do a whole lot of the tactical planning."


Notice 4 and Knowledge (Battle) 5
Danger Sense Triggered on 6 or better
Notice 1d8 (2)
Notice Wild Die 1d6 (4)

Knowledge (Battle)
Smarts 1d4 (2)
Smarts Wild Die 1d6 (4) Ace 1d4+4 = 5 (1)

_________________
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Benny and Resource Tracking


Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:33 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Delilah Notice 13
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6+8 = 13 (5)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6+8 = 12 (4)


Summer Notice 2
Notice 1d6 (1)
Wild 1d6 (2)


***

“This does seem a strange location to house a secret alien facility,” Delilah had to agree with Walker. She sat at the computer, trying to dig up more on Consortium’s interest in the facility, or anything more on the facility itself. She studied the airfield schematics and satellite images.

Investigation 11
Investigation 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)
Wild 1d6 (1)


K. Engineering 3
K. Engineering 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Summer looked over Walker’s shoulder at the satellite images.

***

Actions


Conditions
*Bennies: 3/3
*Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Speed: 2 x Pace

_________________
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
    Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:53 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
It is possible John's contacts might know something about Mexico. If the Cartels own thie area, he might be able to find out something about that. If they do NOT own the area...well he might be able to learn a bit of why. Either way, he might be able to find something useful.

OOC Comments
If I can keep my last rolls and use them, it will probably be better than whatever I will rol here, but adding a roll anyway.
Streetwise 1d6 (4) Wild Streetwise 1d6 (2)
Persuasion 1d4 (3) Wild Persuasion 1d6 (4)

_________________
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Layered Armor: Armor (5), Heavy (4)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Aerial Mobility Unit: Flight (10){120 MPH}, Climb (1){+2}
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)


Last edited by Marduk on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:02 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
In Walker's head Bradley responds. What's wrong with reading minds if they don't know? I mean it helps me a lot. I can react faster and be ready for things when people try to trick you. You know a lot of people try to manipulate others and it is totally not cool. Sometimes its just on the surface. Most people don't even tell others what they truly think. A lot of the times after conversation people have horrible thoughts about others but are all like, Have a Nice day! Really they are just thinking that you are a tool or an idiot. A lot of people think they are better than everyone else. Take that Marks guy for instance. He thinks he is smarter than everyone here. I think he is also a bit envious of our powers. But he means well and says the right thing on the outside so everyone is cool. Either way reading minds is totally cool.

Beaming at some of the tech and cool gadgets they get to play with Bradley looks around. "These are totally cool. Do we get to do some cool airlift drop off type stuff? That would be awesome! I can always pose as a new kid looking for a job near there as like a janitor or something."

_________________
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5


Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice
1d8+2 = 4 (2)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7 (5)



Mitchell listens to the description of the airfield from his companions. He had to agree, it did not sound like something that would be used as an alien base. Unless...

“Perhaps we are underestimating the abilities of AEGIS and the extent of their influence. Remember that the aliens came from some place below the containment facility. While on the surface, this airfield may not be much, do any of you remember fighting down here in Mexico during the war. It could very well be that there is something beneath it that was planned and built while we were all fighting up herein the cities.”

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1528

Bennies: 2


Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:10 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1398
Reply with quote
Viva Mexico
Prepping for the mission Marduk is able to learn that the airfield is in an area controlled by the Lopez cartel, they deal in all sorts of drugs mainly dealing to people holed up in he reclamation zones. Although they do have a presence in the rebuilt cities in the US and Mexico. While they can be violent they generally keep the peace in their territory. Javier Lopez himself is a vet of the wars and has a lot of ties to the Mexican branch of the world military. In her research, Delilah, discovers some old DEA records on the airfield noting it was used for drug smuggling operations and was suspected of having hidden storage areas for drugs that were shielding against US pre-war satellites. Surveying the air field from a tactical perspective, Walker notes its biggest defense mechanism is all the open ground surrounding it. Approaching the chain-link perimeter without being seen would be difficult as there is almost no cover for miles in every direction.

Without much of a plan the group lifts off for Mexico. Marks is able to arrange a private hover jet that can make the trip relatively undetected. While air and space radar were a priority after the war there were still lots of gaps, especially outside the United States and Europe.

Wasting Away in Margaritaville
It is sweltering hot in the hotel bar with only a ceiling fan for relief. Earth is nothing, if not diverse in its weather variation. And the humans lived in all climate ranges. However, it isn't the weather that brings Lily Coleman to a small cartel-run town in Mexico, it's her ship. These drug lords found where she had stashed it while she was laying low and now they had it in a hangar at a run down air field nearby. Of course, the ship itself isn't much good, having taken a lot of damage on arrival but it contains her mission log and database of Sarpah intelligence to share with earth. Getting it back was important to her mission here.

A waitress comes by with a pitcher of water and offers some to Lily.

"Aqua?"

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Pretty far from home!
Reply with quote
Water? the translator whispered through the bones of Lily's skull. Context: Do you want some water? 'Si' means yes. 'No' means no. For courtesy, 'gracias' means please.

Lily gave the waitress a grateful smile and pushed her glass over towards her. "Si, gracias," she said, pushing away the thought of asking the translator how to ask for ice. Either she had ice and would pour some in with the water, or she didn't and asking wouldn't help.

Water gurgled into her glass, and a couple of chunks of ice plunked in as well, and the waitress moved on. Lily took a sip, swirling the water around a little to help the coolness circulate around.

As she sipped, she glanced around the hotel bar and pushed a filmy curtain back from the window by her table so she could see out through the layer of dust and grit on it. Mexico had a lot of dust and grit, she'd found. A lot of that, and not much topsoil or vegetation. On Dalaraan, this sort of terrain would probably be earmarked for solar projects, or testing dangerous tech. Or just left alone. But humans lived everywhere. They had to. There were so many of them!

And now they had her ship. Well, her escape pod...or what was left of it. Lily could remember those first moments after her landing. The escape pod had been damaged, and the landing had been hard. Smoke, alarms going off, she'd been dazed when she pushed the hatch open and pulled herself out. That's when she'd realized the pod's beacon was on. The Sarpah would be able to find it!

Lily sighed and shook her head. She'd panicked. No matter how you might try to paint the drakha blue by pointing out all the mitigating factors, the fact remained. She'd grabbed the survival kit and flown away, expecting an interceptor to find it at any second. After the Speaker had taken such care to leave the data with her, she'd left it behind.

Now she could put it right though. The pod's flight log might also have information about other pods, and a copy of the Star Stone's log up to the moment of ejection. It could have clues about the fate of the ship's other personnel. Hope was a cruel thing after so long, but Lily still held on. If she could hide this long, others could too...and they might not have their holocoms.

She had to get it back.

Unfortunately, it was all in the hands of this 'cartel' now. And also unfortunately, the pod's beacon had either broken, run out of power, or been deactivated by the humans...so she couldn't just follow the signal. A little footwork had gotten her this far, but now it was looking like she'd have to enter a site heavily guarded by hostile humans and hunt door to door among the hangars until she found her pod. Then she'd either have to find some way to power it long enough to dump the data to her holocom, or physically remove the storage components and get the data later.

Ugh. If only she'd gone for covert operative training. But then again, that wouldn't have qualified her for this mission so...

All right. What was working for her? For one, Lily found she could blend in pretty well with the natives this far south. Her natural skin tone was pretty close to the light brown color they had. With her hair gathered up under a cap of baseball...fairly common garb here...the shimmering violet highlights didn't show much, so it just looked black. Furthermore, the specialized 'anti-super' squads didn't seem to have jurisdiction here...though Lily assumed the ruling cartels had something similar just to ensure they weren't threatened. Still, if she could find the pod quickly, there was at least a chance she would only be facing primitive projectile weapons rather than the energy weapons humans had reverse-engineered from Sarpah tech. That was the ideal. Get in, find it fast, and get out before the anti-super squads could react.

And against? Well, Lily had started to get more familiar with North American culture...she could even follow conversational English without the translator most of the time. All that was on its head now. There were some touchstones...Mexico and America had shared culture for some time...but a great deal was different. Her translator only stored context as it related to languages. Everything else she was on her own for.

If only she had a guide. Or a convenient distraction. But as long as she was wishing, why not wish for a fleet overhead? Or a war-trained ratheros at her side?

The water was gone. Lily drummed her fingers on the tabletop lightly as she thought, and planned. It would be tonight, come what may.


Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:16 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Marduk informs the others, "It appears, from what my research has been able to ascertain, that a group of drug dealers called the Lopez Cartel has control of the area surrounding the Airport. They undoubtedly use the airport as a shipment point for their product. I have not been able to learn the degree to which the cartel cooperates with Aegis. The leader of the cartel, one Julian Lopez, is apparently an invasion veteran. The Cartel is apparently a stabilizing influence in the region, as violence is bad for business."

He adds, "In Stealth mode I have some chance of reaching the airfield without being noticed if the defenses are as they appear. Others of you have means to do so as well. It seems likely, however, that there is some further degree of defense not yet obvious."

Using big words and emotionless phrases helps him maintain his cover, but the facts are as stated, and he does not trust the apparent lack of defenses on the place.

_________________
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Layered Armor: Armor (5), Heavy (4)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Aerial Mobility Unit: Flight (10){120 MPH}, Climb (1){+2}
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)


Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:52 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Gothm frowns at Marduk's report. "Lopez must be at least in an armistice with Aegis' ruling cabal, and likely is providing them some service in exchange for a free hand within his territory. If this is correct, then any subterranean facility here may be part of that. We should be prepared for anything, including a new round of augmented individuals." He looks to Delilah. "I've heard that at least some of the various super-soldier serums that were used to enhance many of the ARES subjects were derived from one or more controlled substances, yes?"

_________________
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease

Bennies: 4/4


Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:22 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am
Posts: 42
Reply with quote
Notice:17
1d8+2 = 6 (4)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8 (6)+ 1d6 (6)+ 1d6 (3)



Mitchell spins his cane lazily in the air telekinetically.

“Finding anything out about what’s going on under that place is going to be difficult. Perhaps if we appeal to their financial interests and look to do a drug deal. Might get us on the inside long enough to see what’s what.

“They have to have low level dealers on the streets that distribute product as well. Might be worth sitting and listening a bit enjoying a few cervezas.”

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1528

Bennies: 2


Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:19 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Delilah Notice 6
Notice 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


***

Delilah surveyed the site and listened to the others talk. She had finally put her foot down and refused to let Summer come with them. It was too dangerous, and out of the country. She didn’t belong on missions. Of course, she was going to have to deal with a pissed off teenager when she got home.

"I've heard that at least some of the various super-soldier serums that were used to enhance many of the ARES subjects were derived from one or more controlled substances, yes?" Gothm said.

“Yes,” Delilah allowed. “Amphetamines and steroids mostly. Some hallucinogens, like PCP.”

She surveyed the situation again. “Gothm could probably back you up, Marduk,” she said. “He could go in underground. Perhaps Walker could go invisible, or turn us invisible?” she mused, looking at the mage.

***

Actions


Conditions
*Bennies: 3/3
*Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Speed: 2 x Pace

_________________
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
    Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:06 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am
Posts: 68
Reply with quote
Walker thinks for a minute. "If their powers come from chemical enhancement I may be able to work out a spell that will neutralize their powers by removing the toxins unnatural to human nature." Then leaning back a bit he says. "But first I think we should allow me to astral project down there and see what I can find out. please watch over my body as with my awareness divided I can be vulnerable."

A few incantations and waving his stick in the air, then Walker appears to go blank of expression.
Astral Projection
Simplified Astral Projection using powers from book as they do not have a real Clairvoyance power.
1 Duplication (Major Limitation becomes unaware of environment -2)
3 Invisible 2 (-4 to perceive and attack, must have reason to perceive character. Contingent on Intangibility)
6 Teleport (transverse)

_________________
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Benny and Resource Tracking


Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:35 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1398
Reply with quote
Astral Recon
While the others discuss potential dangers, Walker uses his mystic powers to attempt to scout the airfield unseen. As he drifts over the compound the ground level is exactly what you expect, old hangars with old planes that are good for flying low and under the radar. No doubt they were key to a trafficking operation before the war, now they could likely fly into unsettled areas without drawing military attention.

One hangar stands out for its newness, investigating it doesn't reveal much, but there is an obvious cargo elevator in the floor. Walker's astral form is able to penetrate down into the lower level revealing a large hangar area with a small spacecraft up on hoists. Men and women in lab coats scurry about running tests and connecting wires, while a dozen armed men stand guard at various places throughout the hangar bay. At one end there is a raise glassed in area that looks like a control room or lab.

At the Bar
While Lily plots a course of action a man with a very large entourage enters the bar. Many people look afraid, a few leave, and others get up from their tables to give the man and his followers space to sit down. Whoever, this guy is he's pretty important. The waitress immediately brings him something to drink and they exchange a few words in Spanish. Lily can catch that the man's name is Señor Lopez.

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:31 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
John waits, the hardest thing about claiming to be a machine is the pretense of mechanical patience. He is glad he can turn down the servo response so his fidgeting does not show and can spend time working with his optical interface HUD to keep busy. Perhaps, when Walker returns, we might have enough information to act.

OOC Comments
Computers 1d8 (4) Wild Computer 1d6 (4)

_________________
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Layered Armor: Armor (5), Heavy (4)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Aerial Mobility Unit: Flight (10){120 MPH}, Climb (1){+2}
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)


Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Pretty far from home!
Reply with quote
Lily watches the goings-on over there with the sort of distant interest that any unusual sight merits...but when she hears the name, she sits upright and focuses on it. Lopez wasn't an uncommon name here, but...

Wasn't that the name of the cartel with the airfield? She was pretty sure it was! Could just be a coincidence, but that would explain a few things. The entourage. The reaction of the cantina.

Maybe if she got a little closer, they'd say something. Drop a clue or something.

She stood up and moved over to the bar, closer to Lopez' table. Taking a seat on one of the stools, she made a bit of a show of looking over the bottles and liquors stacked up behind the counter. Probably shouldn't actually be drinking that stuff without running it through the food processor first, but Lily had verified that at least beer didn't ferment into something that would disagree with her.

Meanwhile, she kept her ears peeled to the conversation behind her, hoping for some indication about where the ship might be...


Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:39 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Common Knowledge 4
Smarts 1d10 (3)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Delilah settled down next to Walker. “You don’t need to go in alone,” she told the old man. “I worked up a little something at Kenmark.”

Delilah held up her arm and watched as something burrowed out from under her skin. It was nothing more than a little needle pinch, and her nanites closed up the hole immediately. A small, mosquito-sized drone made of her nanites crawled over her hand.

“Now I can see in there, too,” Delilah said as the drone flew off toward the airfield. She closed her eyes and used the real time uplink from the receiver the nanites had built at the base of her skull.

Aegis Hunter Implant
Forgot I could do this now! Patron item. Basically can go anywhere a tiny insect can and relay the feed back to her, or record for later. I will let Walker report on what he found and see if I can get more, maybe somewhere else on the compound?[/OCC]

***

[OOC=Actions]


Conditions
*Bennies: 3/3
*Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
*Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
*Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
*Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
*Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
*Super Speed: 2 x Pace
Adventure Cards:

_________________
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
    Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:23 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Waiting for Walker and Delilah to get done with their recon, Bradley wonders around a bit impatiently. Not sure how to be effective he tries his hand at some more social media posting. He starts looking up some stuff he has heard people only think about. After a little bit he realizes it is better he doesn't look this stuff up in public places.
"Damn it! I cannot unsee that stuff!" Bradley logs off and closes the computer down.

_________________
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5


Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:40 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am
Posts: 68
Reply with quote
Walker starts feeling around, it is possible that there is more information here than he found. Scanning he looks and starts taking head counts, looking for security cameras and evaluating the rest of the facility.

When he returns he looks around the group and begins telling them what he discovered. “Let’s gather around and discuss the layout of the base and defences I observed...”

He then elaborates the details of what he observed.

_________________
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Benny and Resource Tracking


Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:06 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Gothm considers. "A spaceship? They're studying it? That seems... strange. After all, if AEGIS is working with the Sarpah, they would already have access to that technology, unless they're pulling a double-cross--certainly not out of character for them. Did the ship look like a fighter, a drop shuttle? They used so many strange craft during the war..."

_________________
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease

Bennies: 4/4


Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:36 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am
Posts: 68
Reply with quote
Walker describes the attributes of the vehicle in as much detail as possible. It’s length, width, visible weapons and if he knows of them the coloquial model name used by the citizens of earth when fighting them.

_________________
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Benny and Resource Tracking


Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Marduk listens to the description of the Space Ship and says, "It is not a design in my database, logically the reason to study a spacecraft would be it it is an unknown design. Possibly it is not a Seraph craft. It is not impossible that our fight with the Seraph attracted some of the other races they have fought, if any such survive."

Really, he just want to meet some friendly aliens, that would be cool.

_________________
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Layered Armor: Armor (5), Heavy (4)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Aerial Mobility Unit: Flight (10){120 MPH}, Climb (1){+2}
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)


Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:34 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1398
Reply with quote
In the Bar
Lily watches as the drug lord and his entourage converse in hushed tones. Suddenly, a number of black SUVs pull up out front and the cartel members stands and go outside. Through the grimy windows she can see Lopez talking to a man in a black suit, black tie, and dark gunglasses. The windows of the SUV are tinted but some are rolled down to reveal more black clad men as well as people wearing tactical vests and carrying automatic weapons.

After a short exchange or words, Lopez and his men jump into their jeeps and dune buggys - leading the SUV convoy toward the airbase.

Recon
While the team sits hidden behind a hill in their hover vehicle exchanging intelligence, the computer beeps. A large convoy of vehicles is approaching the airbase. It looks like a rag tag bunch of desert vehicles being followed by a column of black SUVs.

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Pretty far from home!
Reply with quote
Well now, that's interesting.

These new men weren't cartel...they looked more like mercenaries to Lily. Or maybe black-ops style operatives. Which begged a question.

If you ran a drug cartel, and you had money and firepower but no real research or science divisions, what would you do if you found something that could be incredibly valuable, but required a lot of very delicate scientific research and engineering to make use of?

Sell it, right? To guys in black SUVs.

Lily wasn't fond of the idea of flying over an airbase in broad daylight, but maybe she could keep up with these vehicles following at a distance...then just watch to see what hangar they went into. Then it would just be a question of getting into the hangar without making too much ruckus.

As the convoy drove off, she put some money on the bar...too much really, for what she'd had...and left the bar. She quickly stepped to the side of the window, looked around to make sure the coast was clear, and jumped straight up into the air. Her biokinetic field flared and snapped, grappling with local gravitation and twisting it around her. Lily 'fell' into the sky a good hundred feet before she tilted forward and followed the convoy.

She could manage a good thirty miles per hour or so...hopefully fast enough to keep them in sight at this altitude on the somewhat bad-quality roads leading to the airfield.


Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Notice 25
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6+8 = 13 (5)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6+8 = 14 (6)
Ace 1d6+14 = 20 (6)
Ace 1d6+20 = 25 (5)


Common Knowledge 4
Smarts 1d10 (1)
Wild 1d6 (4)


***

Delilah got a good layout of the grounds, patching her nano-drone into a tablet so the others could observe and map it. But when she found the hidden elevator to a subterranean level, she lost the feed to the drone underground. As programmed, the drone ceased its patrol and returned to her, crawling its way back under her skin. That was going to take some getting used to.

Walker returned from his astral walkabout not long after and walked them through what he had found in the sublevel beneath the hanger.

“That doesn’t sound like any type of Sarpah ship ARES logged during the war,” Delilah noted. She glanced to Marduk. “If it is another alien, we can’t assume it will be friendly to humans,” she reminded. “We thought the Sarpah were at first, until they blew up the UN.”

An alert beeped, and Delilah went to the sensor panel. “We have incoming. A convoy of local desert buggies. And those black SUVs just scream government.”

Delilah started turning back to the others, but stopped when she caught another blip on their sensors. She turned back and refocused, then frowned.

“And we have another visitor. This one in flight. It’s low enough to be under radar, but so are we, so we caught it. And she’s not flying in a craft or power armor. She’s manipulating gravity. I think we have another ARES on scene!” she said. “I’m not recognizing the power profile.”

Delilah paused and released her drone again. “Sending it to get a closer look. Then I want it spying on those MIBs.”

OOC Comments
The drone will do a fly by to get a visual on Lily, and then it will go to follow the MIBs, overhear what they’re saying. It will return if they go underground.


***

Actions


Conditions
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Super Speed: 2 x Pace
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
  • Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

_________________
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
    Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Gothm perks up at the mention of the vehicle convoy. "Does it look like one group is chasing the other, or just following? If the cartel is allied with Aegis, they could be making a deal for the ship; if the government agents are opposing them, we might be able to make an ally by intervening."

_________________
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease

Bennies: 4/4


Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
“It doesn’t look like a chase,” Delilah said. “I don’t know about the other flyer yet.”

_________________
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
    Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:49 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1398
Reply with quote
Convoy
Lily follows the convoy in the air at an inconspicuous distance while the other heroes quietly observe. The rag tag cartel vehicles and the black SUVs roll up to the hangar where the ship is being stored. As the occupants exit John can spot Lopez, the leader of the cartel, surrounded by a bunch of mooks. From her drones Delilah can make out every detail of both delegations but her mind freezes on only one, her ex-husband Major Horatio Carter is in the delegation! He has always been a lead government researcher so his interest in this non-Sarpah ship makes sense, but doesn't lessen the shock.

Suddenly both delegations scramble and duck for cover as an air raid siren goes off. It becomes immediately apparent what set-off the alarm as three very well used twin anti-aircraft guns come rolling out of the hangars they scoot to the end of one of the run ways and set down tracking a bead on Lily! Fortunately, the antique pieces take a while to set-up, giving Lily a chance to act first (range to target 100).

Image

Cards
Lily 1d54 (52) = QC

35mm Mobile AAA Guns (2) 1d54 (23) = 10S
Toughness 15 (4)
Dual Linked 35mm Auto Cannons (75/150/300, HW, Damage: 4d8+2, ROF: 3, +1 to hit)


Team
Hover jet is 200" and up high to avoid detection. Closing to within 150" will possibly land you on whatever sensor picked up Lily.

KENMARK-2000 Team TransportHovercraft
This fast, light, and manoeuvrable transport carries up to eight heroes with 3000 cubic feet for cargo. It uses harvested alien technology to move quickly, stop on a dime, and hover in place. Extremely nimble, but not designed for combat.
Acc/TS: 50/140; Toughness: 24(15), Crew: 1+7
Notes: Anti-grav, Climb 2.
Weapons: None

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Pretty far from home!
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d6 (4) or 1d6 (4)

The appearance of the old cannons was a sobering sight for Lily. A biokinetic field could do a lot of things, but the odds were strong those things could shoot her down if they hit her enough. The design of them seemed to indicate they were meant to be fired while stationary or close to it. In fact...was it just her, or did they not have full 180 degree vertical traverse?

Of course, anti-aircraft specialization. They must have picked up a flying object.

Could she fly under the field of fire?

It was definitely better than trying to dodge automatic fire in midair with nothing to hide behind!

Lily dove down to hug the ground, not much higher up than a person's head would be when standing, and hurtled straight at those two AA guns as fast as she could! It'd take time to cross the field, but she needed to be able to maneuver without worrying if she was straying into their field of fire!

(Action, move down until near ground, and then spend rest of movement heading for guns. Can start shooting when within 48" of targets. Force field is up, and is a heavy defense if the convoy tries to shoot at her.)


Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:32 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Marduk picks out his array and quickly dons it: stealth system, flight pack, ranged blasters, and combat control unit. As soon as everything is in place, he flies off, keeping low and using his flight pack in hush mode (which slows it down, but makes it harder to detect).

He does not know who the flyer out there is, but wants to be on hand to help if needed, preferably without anyone knowing he is there before he does.

OOC Comments
Stealth 1d6 (5) Wild Stealth 1d6 (6) WS Ace 1d6 (2) Stealth 8 (1 raise)
Notice 1d8 (6) Wild Notice 1d6 (5) Notice 6 (Success, no raises)
Not sure what effect my current systems array will have on these rolls

_________________
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Layered Armor: Armor (5), Heavy (4)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Aerial Mobility Unit: Flight (10){120 MPH}, Climb (1){+2}
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)


Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:22 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Spirit 10 to call a storm up; 2 rounds until it arrives
+4 Die-types from Walker--Spirit d10 becomes Spirit d12+3, -4 for being in a desert.
Spirit 1d12-1 = 10 (11)
Wild Spirit 1d6-1 = 0 (1)
Raise!
Time: 1d6 (2) Turns to storm


Gothm frowns as the anti-aircraft guns make an appearance. He quickly confers with Walker, who says something to him in an elder language, while laying a hand upon Gothm's forehead. Then Gothm turns and steps outside briefly, looking up to the sky. Mother... blind them with your tears.

And the arid winds begin to blow fast and cool, and overhead, impossibly fast, the sky begins filling with swirling clouds, and the air gains a scent of ozone. Thank you, Mother.

And with that, he goes in. "The rains will cover our approach, and hopefully help the flyer evade their attacks. Shall we drop in on them, now?"

_________________
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease

Bennies: 4/4


Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:13 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am
Posts: 68
Reply with quote
Notice and Common Knowledge Rolls
Danger Sense Triggered on 6 or better
Notice 1d8 (4)
Notice Wild Die 1d6 (5)

Common Knowledge
Smarts 1d10 (7)
Smarts Wild Die 1d6 (1)


Gothm mentions his plan to summon a storm so Walker thinks for a moment. "I have a spell that should be able to help you. Not something I do often because of the power it binds up. But i think it may help.

"If you do not mind I can strengthen you connection to The Mother and it with that strengthened connection I believe it will be easier for you to communicate with her."


After receiving Gothm's approval Walker concentrates getting the spell right and then touching Gothm he generates a more powerful, yet transitory version of connection he has with the spiritual realm. "This will not work the same as my connection, for we are different beings. But hopefully it will aid you."

OOC Comments
Spellcasting 1d12+2 = 6 (4)
Wild die 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

+4 Die types to Gothm's Spirit

_________________
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Benny and Resource Tracking


Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:26 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Notice 12
Notice 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace 1d6+8 = 12 (4)
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)


Common Knowledge 13
Smarts 1d10 (10)
Ace 1d10+10 = 13 (3)
Wild 1d6 (3)


***

Delilah gasped as her drones picked up her husband on their cameras. “Horatio!” she exclaimed. She looked back at the others, who were either looking at her funny, or focused on something else.

It seemed the flying creature had been detected on radar by the base. Anti-aircraft guns were setting up, and she was now flying in low.

And Marduk and Gothm were jumping out of the hoverjet.

“Damn. Can you get us around behind those guns and closer?” Delilah asked the pilot. She didn’t want Horatio getting caught in the crossfire, no matter what had happened between them.

Delilah went searching through the lockers. “We need to get some...jump packs or something so those of us who can’t fly can get down there.”

***

Actions


Conditions
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Super Speed: 2 x Pace
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
  • Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

_________________
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
    Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:31 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 1398
Reply with quote
Big Guns
Lily hits the deck just as the guns open fire, filling the air with flak. Fortunately, she gets below their angle of fire before they can do any real damage. Unfortunately, everyone in the area knows where she is at the moment. The men-in-black scramble for cover, the important looking dude runs into the hangar while the toughs run to the SUVs and pull out energy pulse rifles. Lopez heads into the hangar with Horatio Carter and his men spread out under cover too, armed with automatic weapons.

Deliliah gives the pilot some instructions and he sweeps around in a large loop to get behind the anti-aircraft guns, giving him a clear approach...although there is a lot of potential ground fire from automatic weapons and energy rifles. While the pilot positions, Marduk drops free and comes from another angle to create a multi-vector assault. Meanwhile, Walker blesses Gothm with an ancient incantation and the eco-warrior calls forth a storm in the desert.

The sky grows dark as big storm clouds sweep in on the horizon, threatening an imminent downpour.

SITREP
All bad guys are on hold and under cover (-2)
Men In Black Are armed with energy rifles
Cartel thugs have automatic weapons
Both groups only have a Toughness of 5
The Anti-Aircraft guns have to turn toward targets, taking an action.
Heroes go first

_________________
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!


Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:01 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm
Posts: 62
Reply with quote
Spirit 18 for Whirlwind
Whirlwind 1d12+3 = 5 (2)
Wild Spirit 1d6+3 = 9 (6)
Ace Running Total 1d6+9 = 15 (6)
ART 1d6+15 = 18 (3)

Setting the LBT to catch both AA gunner teams, if possible. Anyone caught in them must roll Strength -2 or be tossed 1d10" in a random direction, and suffer 2d6 damage and be Shaken and Prone.


Confident that the storm is now going to build up, Gothm turns his attention more directly to the Anti-Aircraft Guns. Mother, blow them a kiss. He sits, concentrating, as a massive tornado forms around the guns, and their operators. The winds attempt to rip the gunners from their seats, tossing them away like chaff.

"How's that line go? He who sows the wind, reaps the whirlwind?"

_________________
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease

Bennies: 4/4


Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:18 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
"If close enough I can try to control one of the drivers and maybe a gunner of their vehicle. I can make them either shoot each other or have a small accident. Let me know what you want from me guys."

Eager to get to the ground Bradley paces about the aircraft.

_________________
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5


Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:41 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am
Posts: 68
Reply with quote
Walker continues to maintain his spell on Gothm, while waiting for a more opportune time. Looking out the window he tries to see if he could have line of sight of the weapons. Once he spots them through the window, he moves away and makes sure his wards are active. "Make sure you all have your defenses ready everyone."

_________________
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Benny and Resource Tracking


Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:36 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
The good thing, thinks Marduk, about these anti aircraft guns is they are basically immobile. Hitting them should be no real problem. Doing something effective, well THAT might be a better trick.

Marduk flies in low and aims his fire for a weak point in the loading and firing mechanism. Ideally, what will happen is the mechanism is damaged and the shell explodes inside the breach, destroying the gun and damaging some of the bad guys in the process.

OOC Comments
Shooting 1d4 (3), Wild shooting 1d6 (6) WS Ace 1d6 (5) Shooting 11 = 1 raise
Knowledge: Engineering 1d8 (8)Wild Engineering 1d6 (4) KE Ace 1d8 (6) Engineering 14 = 2 raises
Repair 1d8 (2) Wild Repair 1d6 (6) WR 1d6 (2) Repair 8 = 1 raise

_________________
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Layered Armor: Armor (5), Heavy (4)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Aerial Mobility Unit: Flight (10){120 MPH}, Climb (1){+2}
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)


Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:24 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Common Knowledge 8
Smarts 1d10 (1)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 8 (2)


***

Delilah tapped her comm to answer Bradley. “The soldiers are fair game. Take them out. Lethal force authorized. The government shouldn’t be in bed with the cartels. Do not kill Lopez or Carter.”

With the soldiers ready for them and ensconced in cover, this was going to hurt. Delilah shifted her nanites to reinforce her body. She held a pulse rifle like the Aegis agents carried. It was better than her own blasts.

“I will try and draw their attention,” Delilah said, “and cover you.”

When the hatch opened, Delilah dashed down the ramp, racing for cover, firing at the cartel soldiers. They were more dangerous to her, as she could possibly absorb the energy from the agents’ rifles.

Shooting 4
-2 cover
Shooting 1d8-2 = 3 (5)
Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 4 (1)


Damage 8 AP 4 HW - Should down 1 cartel soldier
3d6 (5, 1, 2)


***

Actions


Character Tracker
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 15 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Vigor: +2 die types Vigor = d12
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 23 shots
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
  • Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

_________________
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
    Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Pretty far from home!
Reply with quote
The concrete and scrub brush whickered past Lily as she soared terrifyingly close to the ground. There was a dim violet light playing over a circular area under her, where her biokinetic field was interacting with the surface there. Nothing that would interfere with its protective qualities, it was actually rather pretty. A pity there was no time to appreciate it.

Knowing that they couldn't fire on her this low meant there was an argument to be made in leaving them alone. Were they the biggest threat?

Even so, Lily wanted them gone. Her ability to fly was her trump card. Despite this being an airfield, these guys didn't seem to have air support. If things got hairy, she could easily escape by flying away. Unless these guns were still working, in which case they'd shoot her out of the sky. Destroying them was her exit strategy, without which one should never be.

As she closed into range, Lily extended a hand out in front of her to help focus her power. It was a little far...keeping the field energy coherent enough to do damage got harder the farther you tried to do it at...but she'd managed shots at this range before. Just took a little luck...

There was a hissing, buzzing noise, kind of a skrizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaa, and a line of light stretched out from Lily's hand towards the nearest AA gun. While it resembled a laser beam superficially, it moved more slowly. The light was created by the molecules of atmosphere being ripped apart, Lily knew. Utilizing the kinetic field in this way created powerful shear forces at microscopic scales, tearing matter 'limb from limb' and releasing energy in the process. A true master could tear gaping holes through any kind of matter, no matter how well 'armored' it might be against more conventional attacks.

Lily wasn't there yet, but she wasn't bad.

Rolls
Shooting (at -2 due to range) 1d8-2 = -1 (1) or 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
Benny to reroll! 1d8-2 = 6 (8) or 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
Ace 1d8 (1)
Damage is 4d10 (9, 6, 2, 5) Heavy. Total: 22, no AP


Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.