View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 6. Land of the Lost SET 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 306
Reply with quote
Conditions: It is early evening. The clearing is a pleasant temperature (high 70s Fahrenheit) and a ley line runs through the middle of it. Like all lines in the Dinosaur Swamp, the ley line seems to be behaving oddly and is harder to draw on. As we are out of combat, you will not be required to roll in order to replenish any PPE stores, but if you choose to draw from the line please be sure to narrate something appropriate in your post.

Back to Reality: Each of your visions now completed, you find yourselves back in the swamp where you started. The light that guided you to this clearing has disappeared, but a sense of tranquility remains. You are surrounded by the sounds of the swamp at night, life sounding out in a cacophony of chirps, croaks, roars and howls (though that last one might just be Norona’s canine companion).

As night falls, you notice that the thick canopy overhead prevents you from seeing the stars, though the light from the ley line keeps the clearing from getting too dim.

Anyone who investigates the disturbed ground in the clearing will find a smuggler’s cache full of unique and useful items!
Patron Items and Other Things
Everyone who chose a patron item will find it inside the abandoned smuggler’s cache; please include narration of your character finding his or her item. If you chose an item that requires reloads, it comes with 2 full reloads (unless the ammunition is sold by the box, in which case it comes with a full box of ammo). This includes e-clips for any items that require them. In addition, you find three empty canteens, a pair of Infrared Distancing Binoculars (TLPG page 104), and a Dosimeter (TLPG page 104).

If you have another way that you would like for your character to encounter his or her patron item, please just let me know!


Options: It is up to you what you would like to do next. You have the option to camp out for the night (or nights, should you so decide) or to head back out into the swamp immediately.

Fatigue will end up being a concern in the swamp, so per my previous GM warnings, please make sure you are up to speed on the Fatigue rules in the core rules (heat, poison and disease especially, with bumps and bruises for those who don’t take time for things like getting dry feet and Vigor rolls for any who refuse to take some time outside of environmental body armor). Try to include regular narratives on how your character is dealing with the hazards of the swamp in your posts.

Water consumption is going to be especially important. Everyone who has a survival pack has at least one canteen, which holds one quart of water. Per SWD, anyone who drinks less than 4 quarts (so 4 canteens) of water in a day will need to make Vigor rolls to avoid Fatigue.

You have several weeks of food left in the APC, in addition to anything in your survival packs. Water runs out much faster than food, though. You have two big 10 - gallon (40 quart/canteen) drums (think those big Gatorade containers on the sidelines of every high school, college or pro game you’ve ever seen) in the APC. All of this means that you have enough water for about three days of travel at a time before needing to refill. Water is easy to find, but you will have to come up with a way to purify it for drinking if you don't want to risk disease. Be creative and you'll probably find success: this is meant to add a layer of fun to the adventure, not just an administrative task.

As a note, if Tyraxas decides to help himself to any of your food or water, you will run out quicker (especially if he does so in his dragon form).

Go forth, and have fun!

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:30 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 319
Reply with quote
Conrad helps look through the items; one of the suits was badly damaged and would never be able to be repairs, but with some modification, he could attach to one of the other suits to create a suit suitable for him to wear.

He chucks the dosimeter to Deezy
"Probably best to scan the area as a matter of habit. Don't want to get caught unaware that there is radiation present."

Knowledge History
OOC Comments
1d8 = 7 (7)
1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 1 (1)


"Water is the main concern here," Conrad talked to the others

"Let me set up something to filter and purify the water and if Norona or anybody else can do something to ensure that there aren't any bugs or the like in there. We need to drink, well presumably we all do. However, it does take time to do, so when we finish one of the canisters, we need to start the process of filling it again and not waiting until we run out."

OOC Comments
Survival 1d4 = 1 (1)
wild dice 1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 1 (1)
knowledge engineering 1d8+1 = 9 (8) ace 1d8 = 8 (8) ace 1d8 = 7 (7)
wild dice 1d6+1 = 4 (3)
Repair 1d10+2 = 7 (5)
wild dice 1d6+2 = 7 (5)


OOC Comments
Figure Knowledge Science for using the dosimeter, so Deezy I think is the only one who has that in the group


"Then we need to find somewhere to stay and work from. Are there any settlements nearby? Or do we need to hunt down some ruins chummers and fix them up."

Jameson looked over the APC and grimaced.
"I think you and Deez need to look over the APC. It is making grinding noises."

Conrad covered his eyes with his tail and shook his head.
"I only just fixed that."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 61
Reply with quote
Tyraxas looks around the clearing. "Can this not be made into an acceptable base of operations? It seems fairly secure." He follows Conrad over to the pile of gear unearthed during the search of the area. "Most of this looks like it won't be of use to me, so I shall let you all have it. Let it not be said that Tyraxas isn't generous with his friends."

He nods as Conrad begins planning water sources. "I need none of this to sustain myself. I am willing to help you however I might, though." He stands next to the APC, waiting for instructions from his friends. He picks idly at the blade he found earlier when retrieving Jareb and Gift from the muck. "This looks quite sharp. I have made an excellent acquisition."

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice = 1d8-2 = 3 (5)
Wild = 1d6-2 = 3 (5)

Looking around the clearing Kuikku nods. ”Your right Tyr, this may be a good place for a base of operations, at least for now. Why don't you get some height and see what is around the area. Don't go too far but see if there are any landmarks that we can use to narrow down where we are.”

Turning turning back to the APC Kuikku continues. ”Jameson, you help Deezy figure out what went wrong with the APC. You may not be able to help much mechanically but she is a real wiz working with vague descriptions. And if nothing else you can be inside while she is underneath.”

Looking towards the rest of the group Kuikku keeps handing out assignments. ”Conrad, if you have a way of keeping water from becoming a problem go for it. Take whatever parts you need but keep us mobile. Narona, Jareb; we may have a decent supply of food but being able to augment it from the area is always a good idea. See what sort of food sources have not been corrupted by that darkness and that won't throw things any more out of balance. Sierra, Toshiro; you two get a camp set up. Even if we are only here for the night after all that has happened, and the repairs we need to make, I don't expect to move again before morning. If anyone needs something let me know, I will be looking for something for this headache and trying not to throw up.”

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 61
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice
1d4 = 3 (3)

WD Notice
1d6 = 5 (5)

Detect Arcana
1d6 = 3 (3)

WD DA
1d6 = 6 (6)

Ace WD DA with prior
1d6+6 = 8 (2)

Unskilled Survival
1d4-2 = -1 (1)

WD Survival
1d6-2 = 1 (3)

Tyraxas nods. "It shall be done." With that, he exits the clearing, then beats his wings, hauling himself up into the air. He takes several wide circles, casting his eyes this way and that, and peering magically into the darkness to see what he can see.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:25 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
"That was a heckuva drive through the swamp!" Deezy chirps happily. "I bet the undercarriage got all banged up something fierce! C'mon Jameson, lets hammer this thing back together!"

She starts off running a few diagnostics on the onboard computer, then quickly switches off to Jameson running those and telling her what it says. The technowizard runs several laps around the APC, opening panels and hatches, before finally working her way underneath the chassis and bursting into somewhat muffled laughter.

"Well THERE'S yer problem!"

The only lull in the work is when the equipment cache is found and opened up. Deezy appears on the scene with all the preternatural speed and awareness of any child on Christmas Day, and gleefully claims a swank harness that FINALLY gives her enough pockets for all her STUFF!

She's also entranced by one of the old weapons in the cache, a sort of futuristic shotgun that, instead of shot, just shoots really BIG bullets.

But after that, no time to horse around! There's an APC to fix!

Rolls: Repair 14 (Mr Fixit 1/2 time)
Repair 1d10+6 = 14 (8) or 1d6+6 = 10 (4)

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:00 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 319
Reply with quote
“What about a watch rota?” Conrad considers Kuikku’s orders and spots a flaw, “Whatever that thing was could easily come back and at night, not the easiest thing to spot.”

He lifts up one of the barrels of water and brings it out of the APC, deciding he needed the space to work on the filter.

"In fact Chummers, what was that thing that was chasing us?”


Jameson grimaced as she saw the results of her failure to avoid the blast.

"Maybe we need to put some more armour on the APC. Conrad's ATV held up better under fire."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 22
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+4 = 10 (6)
Wild 1d6+4 = 7 (3)
Survival 1d8+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)


The vision fades and Toshiro finds himself standing in the glade, gun still raised and pointed at the glowing blue light. He finishes placing his finger on the trigger and is about to shoot, when he notices....something...is different about himself. Remembering the vision, he realizes that he feels like he did that day he went to see they Ley-line walking hermit, more....resilient, more...resistant to supernatural power.

He eyes the blue light suspiciously for another few seconds, but eventually lowers his gun and turns from the light.

Toshiro sits on a rock instead and starts taking apart his weapon methodically cleaning the barrel, trigger, and other components. He does this for a few minutes while the others weigh in on what they think the SET should do next. Lacking an interest in leadership , and knowing from experiences that communicating any complex thoughts without speaking will be difficult, Toshiro is happy to let the others work out the details of how to approach their assignment. Toshiro listens closely to the conversation though, in hopes of picking up details of the situation that he missed while wandering through the jungle.

Conrad wrote:
“What about a watch rota?” Conrad considers Kuikku’s orders and spots a flaw, “Whatever that thing was could easily come back and at night, not the easiest thing to spot.”


Toshiro sets his reassembled gun on a rock and walks over to the group. He taps on the Grackletooth's shoulder after he mentions a watch rotation. When he has the groups attention, he taps on his bionic eye and then spends a minute or so point out the movement of all of the wild animals moving around brush at the edge of glade. To drive home his point, he even points to and tracks the movement of a small lizard on the edge of glad behind and to the right of him....without turning to look at it. He then nods, sure the SET understand his message. He takes up position on the rock again, this time disassembling and cleaning some the external components of his cybernetic enhancements.

When the discussion breaks up, Toshiro grabs a spare piece of piping and uses his vibro-sword to cut a few taps from it. He then stakes a few trees that are close together and hooks them up with a flexible tube to run into his canteen. He may not be able to rig up something that can collect mass amounts of water, but he can at least keep his canteen filled without dipping into the SET's water supply.

Attachment:
Tree tap.jpg
Tree tap.jpg [ 947.09 KiB | Viewed 173 times ]


When the others find the buried treasure, Toshiro excitedly joins them in ransacking the cache. Unlike the others, he quickly tosses aside the armor, weapons and any other larger items found in cache instead taking his time to go through the smaller trinkets instead. To his dismay, there were no headhunters among the smugglers, and he finds no skill chips that he could use to replace the collection that was ruined when Veritas dropped him in the middle of a bog.

He then takes time to go through the other items he had discarded so quickly. He finds a shotgun similar to the one Deezy grabbed, and almosts tosses it aside until he notices that their is a rapid fire mechanism built in. Smiling at the thought of an automatic shotgun, Toshiro slings the shotgun around his back instead. He grabs a couple of boxes of slug ammo to go along with it, confident in his shooting ability to not need buckshot. The next interesting thing he comes across is a piece of fabric that is surprisingly light weight and resilient. He also notices a number of attachment points designed to distribute load evenly across the body, making it easier to carry more items without burdening the wearer.

Pleased to have found something that may be useful, Toshiro stands up and unwraps the the fabric trying to see how it is supposed to be worn. He sighs in dismay as he realizes what it is... a red buddhist style robe, meant to be draped and worn around the body, exposing one shoulder. Toshiro had never liked the nickname other used for him, and this would only encourage it all the more. But, being a practical man not all that concerned with the actions and thoughts of others, Toshiro dons the robe anyway.

Attachment:
BuddhistMonk.jpg
BuddhistMonk.jpg [ 634.47 KiB | Viewed 185 times ]


After a few hours and some heavy work setting up camp, Toshiro retrieves his canteen and takes a a few long swallows of the liquid he has collected. After a few minutes, Toshiro can tell that something doesn't feel right. He checks the canteen and the taps, realizing upon closer inspection that the trees he tapped were were covered in a brightly colored lichen. He weakly reaches up and pulls some of lichen down, magnifying it with his cybernetic eye.

Crap... Toshiro thinks, as his computer systems pull up a file on the lichen. "Highly irritating. Avoid contact with the skin, do not ingest" the database reads of in his head...

Over the next few hours, a bright red, and very itchy rash, breaks out all over Toshiros body.

OOC Comments
Playing this like a short term debilitating disease

Will last: 2d6 = 4 (3, 1) Days

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/3;

Parry: 5
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
-1 for EE against Rexs
+1 for Raise against Rexs
+1 Survival Crit Failure

Aventure Cards:
Extra Effort: Play this to add +1d6 to any trait roll, this roll may ace.
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force

Edit Signature


Last edited by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Reply with quote
Conrad wrote:
“What about a watch rota?” Conrad considers Kuikku’s orders and spots a flaw, “Whatever that thing was could easily come back and at night, not the easiest thing to spot.”

With a groan Kuikku sits up, the compress across his eyes falling to his lap. "Right, watches. Uhm..." He then watches Toshiro perform his spotting exercise. "Cool, Toshiro you are in charge of the watch. Assign who you think is best for each shift but make sure you get some rest as well." With that he lays back down and puts the compress back across his eyes. I think they put me in charge to see how fast I can get everyone killed. Or maybe just to kill me.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:09 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 49
Reply with quote
When was the last time I slept? Its different down here away from the celestial courts. No matter how many centuries pass by this frail body still hits me like a ton of bricks. Just look at my wings, only half feathers left... Its so hot and Gift is constantly squirming in this oppressive heat.
Jareb shakes the moisture out of his wings and more feathers flop to the ground. Gift’s screams of discomfort are silenced with a quick and professional diaper change. Jareb though seems to not even have the energy to call for a disposal flame burst and just lets the dirty diaper bomb plop onto the ground oozing all over.

A burst of light and Jareb’s eternal consort Solaris is by his side holding his head up. She smiles at him in adoration while she douses the diaper in flame.

Jareb nods and smiles weekly as she kisses him on the cheek, ” I know, hard days are ahead. A lack of food, water, shelter... The basic things these bodies need to survive... My dear I will try to remain ever possitive.” He wipes sweat off his brow and curiously remarks, ” Oh yes, we did do that here... Say do you suppose my bow is still there under the rocks?”



Like a flash Solaris disapears wordlessly as Jareb having found some measure of hope flaps over to a nearby rock pile in the clearing, he digs through it and eventually pulls out an ancient cloth mostly disintegrated. He slowly unwraps it and finds a harness and his ancient bow made of electricity and alien design.

He takes a sip of water and gives the rest of his special blue milk to Gift. We need to find supplies... When he hears Kuikku call out that he and Norrona scout fresh food and water sources his heart soars.
Jareb gores over to Norrona and smiles trying to beat the heat back. ” Well Norrona, got room for two on that rocket cycle?”

2 fatigue checks made, survival at 10 to find food and sources of water
Vigor vs the heat and lack of water: 1d8 = 6 (6) Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)
Vigor vs Baby duties: Seriously the swamp is no place for a baby!! 1d8 = 5 (5) Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)
Survival 1d4 = 3 (3) wild 1d6 = 4 (4) benny for EF 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/8
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
3/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good writing
-1 EF for quick combat
+1 Hindrences
-2 for chase agility rolls
-1 survival


Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:11 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 306
Reply with quote
Conditions: It is early evening and around 70 degrees Fahrenheit in the clearing (closer to 90 outside of it). A ley line runs through the center of the clearing, where a spring of pure water bubbles up.

Conrad wrote:
Knowledge History
OOC Comments
Original post: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Original post: 1d6 = 6 (6) ace Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Conrad is aware of stories about explorers in the swamps encountering safe areas like this one, and that they were once used as waypoints for smugglers and traders. He’s only ever heard of them in the deep swamps (modern day Georgia or Florida), though. They fell out of use by most (other than locals) because of the dangers of traveling through the swamp, and especially because some of them were located near the Time Holes.
Time Holes
Anyone who knows much about the Dinosaur Swamp has heard of the Time Holes: a collection of 5 permanent rifts fused together that fluctuate in volatility and are responsible for the reemergence of dinosaurs and other past critters on Rifts earth. Some have used the Time Holes to travel through time, either as tourists or with ends of their own.


Conrad wrote:
"Water is the main concern here," Conrad talked to the others

"Let me set up something to filter and purify the water and if Norona or anybody else can do something to ensure that there aren't any bugs or the like in there. We need to drink, well presumably we all do. However, it does take time to do, so when we finish one of the canisters, we need to start the process of filling it again and not waiting until we run out."

OOC Comments
Survival Original post: 1d4 = 1 (1)
wild dice Original post: 1d6 = 6 (6) ace Original post: 1d6 = 6 (6) ace Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)
knowledge engineering Original post: 1d8+1 = 9 (8) ace Original post: 1d8 = 8 (8) ace Original post: 1d8 = 7 (7)
wild dice Original post: 1d6+1 = 4 (3)
Repair Original post: 1d10+2 = 7 (5)
wild dice Original post: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)



With a little bit of effort and cleverness, Conrad is able to rig up a device to distill water, boiling out impurities and collecting the condensation as drinkable water. It tastes a bit flat, but its clean, and the device is portable enough to fit in either APC. Fuel to keep it running may end up becoming a problem in the long term, but fortunately the party has at least one member who has no trouble dialing up heat…

Tyraxas wrote:
Notice
Notice
Original post: 1d4 = 3 (3)

WD Notice
Original post: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Detect Arcana
Original post: 1d6 = 3 (3)

WD DA
Original post: 1d6 = 6 (6)

Ace WD DA with prior
Original post: 1d6+6 = 8 (2)

Unskilled Survival
Original post: 1d4-2 = -1 (1)

WD Survival
Original post: 1d6-2 = 1 (3)

Tyraxas nods. "It shall be done." With that, he exits the clearing, then beats his wings, hauling himself up into the air. He takes several wide circles, casting his eyes this way and that, and peering magically into the darkness to see what he can see.


Tyraxas sees that the swamp seems to extend for miles in all directions with no sign of a break. He does note the setting of the sun, confirming the instruments’ reading of the party’s direction of travel.

When he turns on his magical sight, Tyraxas sees the clearing stand out like a spotlight; it positively blazes with magic, stretching up above the trees in a dome shape that covers the entire area. Given what Norona has already told the group and his own intuition, Tyraxas knows that this is a spell of protection.

Outside of the barrier, he sees the aftermath of the party’s attack by that darkness creature. Though no magic is currently active, he can see that the land bears traces of unnatural shadow, almost like an infection on an otherwise healthy body.

Deezy Klatta wrote:
"That was a heckuva drive through the swamp!" Deezy chirps happily. "I bet the undercarriage got all banged up something fierce! C'mon Jameson, lets hammer this thing back together!"

She starts off running a few diagnostics on the onboard computer, then quickly switches off to Jameson running those and telling her what it says. The technowizard runs several laps around the APC, opening panels and hatches, before finally working her way underneath the chassis and bursting into somewhat muffled laughter.

"Well THERE'S yer problem!"

The only lull in the work is when the equipment cache is found and opened up. Deezy appears on the scene with all the preternatural speed and awareness of any child on Christmas Day, and gleefully claims a swank harness that FINALLY gives her enough pockets for all her STUFF!

She's also entranced by one of the old weapons in the cache, a sort of futuristic shotgun that, instead of shot, just shoots really BIG bullets.

But after that, no time to horse around! There's an APC to fix!

Rolls: Repair 14 (Mr Fixit 1/2 time)
Repair Original post: 1d10+6 = 14 (8) or Original post: 1d6+6 = 10 (4)


With a bit of elbow grease and a few spare parts found in the smuggler’s hidey-hole, Deezy gets the APC back in fighting shape in no time.

Toshiro 'Cybermonk' wrote:
When the discussion breaks up, Toshiro grabs a spare piece of piping and uses his vibro-sword to cut a few taps from it. He then stakes a few trees that are close together and hooks them up with a flexible tube to run into his canteen. He may not be able to rig up something that can collect mass amounts of water, but he can at least keep his canteen filled without dipping into the SET's water supply.

Attachment:
Tree tap.jpg


After a few hours and some heavy work setting up camp, Toshiro retrieves his canteen and takes a a few long swallows of the liquid he has collected. After a few minutes, Toshiro can tell that something doesn't feel right. He checks the canteen and the taps, realizing upon closer inspection that the trees he tapped were were covered in a brightly colored lichen. He weakly reaches up and pulls some of lichen down, magnifying it with his cybernetic eye.

Crap... Toshiro thinks, as his computer systems pull up a file on the lichen. "Highly irritating. Avoid contact with the skin, do not ingest" the database reads of in his head...

Over the next few hours, a bright red, and very itchy rash, breaks out all over Toshiros body.

OOC Comments
Playing this like a short term debilitating disease

Will last: Original post: 2d6 = 4 (3, 1) Days


Benny
Nice! Take a Benny for your description, per the house rules.


Jareb wrote:
Jareb shakes the moisture out of his wings and more feathers flop to the ground. Gift’s screams of discomfort are silenced with a quick and professional diaper change. Jareb though seems to not even have the energy to call for a disposal flame burst and just lets the dirty diaper bomb plop onto the ground oozing all over.

He takes a sip of water and gives the rest of his special blue milk to Gift. We need to find supplies... When he hears Kuikku call out that he and Norrona scout fresh food and water sources his heart soars.
Jareb gores over to Norrona and smiles trying to beat the heat back. ” Well Norrona, got room for two on that rocket cycle?”

2 fatigue checks made, survival at 10 to find food and sources of water
Vigor vs the heat and lack of water: Original post: 1d8 = 6 (6) Wild Original post: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Vigor vs Baby duties: Seriously the swamp is no place for a baby!! Original post: 1d8 = 5 (5) Wild Original post: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Survival Original post: 1d4 = 3 (3) wild Original post: 1d6 = 4 (4) benny for EF Original post: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Benny
Jareb gets Benny for using his Hindrance and for making the rolls without waiting for me to tell you to.


Jareb finds a veritable treasure trove of wild berries and edible plants, along with a few rabbits and a bird that he expertly dispatches. When all is said and done, he has collected enough food to feed most of the party (5 of them) for a day or so. It may not last long, but fresh food will certainly taste better than the prepackaged stuff on the APC!

Given his past in the swamp and his familiarity with the area from his scouting trip, Jareb recognizes the land as being part of an area called the “Central Highlands” in what used to be the American Empire state of Florida. The wetlands stretch on seemingly forever, but there are settlements here and there where the party may turn for aid.

What Next? It looks like the party will spend at least the night at the camp, reducing Fatigue modifiers accordingly. Given the information you have learned, it's up to you to decide how long to stay and what you'd like to do next.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 9/9


Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 133
Reply with quote
As everyone sets to their tasks Norona joins Jareb on the search for additional sustenance, although is unsure why a being with wings needs a ride on the hover cycle.

"You may ride with me if you wish, but keep your wings tucked in or you will be lifted from the seat."

Heading into the swamp, Norona sees it teeming with life and is able to identify a few plants and fruits, but it is Jareb who proves most effective. When the angelic being begins to show signs of wear from the heat Norona pauses. "I can also protect us from the environment if you wish."

Environmental Protection 4
Channelling 1d10 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)


Survival
Survival 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


After returning from their foraging expedition Norona helps by purifying water in everyone's canteens as well as any jugs that are empty. Although it is corrupt he tries to use power from the ley line to do the job. Empowered by the spirit of Illiana, who's spirit is pure water, Norona begins to bless gallons and gallons of water removing impurities and poisons of all kinds.

"Blessed are you, Illiana, who's pure waters sustain us. Grant that when we drink this water or make use of it, we will be refreshed inwardly by your spirit and continue to walk in the life given to us by the creators."

Elemental Manipulation 8
Channelling 1d10 = 8 (8)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

1 hour of had waving water purification available.

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


***

Sierra wiped the sweat from her forehead and pushed back her red hair. While she could handle the heat, the humidity was another thing. Her tank top clung to her curves with damp. At least it was cooler here in the clearing. She glanced down as a bug landed on her arm and immediately started to smoke. She was sucking in a lot of the heat from the swamp, despite having had her wings out for the flight from the shadow monster thing.

“Wait, me set up camp?” Sierra asked, staring at Kuikku. Well, she supposed that was what she was good for. She still questioned why she was sent to this team. She was a city rat. She knew the streets of Whykin. She’d never been out in nature before.

Sierra wasn’t impressed.

Sierra dragged out the gear and set it up around the fusion lantern they would use for light, heat, and power. She stood over a tent and stared at it. “How the hell does this go up?” She struggled with the tent for a while before giving a shriek of frustration and torching the damn thing!

Toshiro finally showed her how to set the tents up, and Sierra was a bit embarrassed by how easy it was after her little tantrum.

Sierra went to the spring and took a long drink. God damn, this tasted good! Cool and refreshing after tepid canteen water.

Sierra spotted something in the trees at the edge of the clearing. An old fallen tree, the interior of the trunk partially rotted out.

“Hmmm…” Sierra mused. She cupped fire in her hand and burned off the excess branches. Then she burned out the rotten hollow. The body of the trunk was solid enough. She spread some of the clay mud from the swamp on the interior and hardened it. Then she dragged the hollow log over to park it on the other side of the APC from the camp. Sierra got a few odd looks from Deezy and Jameson as they were working on repairing the vehicle.

Sierra grabbed one of the buckets of water and lugged it over, pouring it into hollow trunk. It took a couple trips, and Norona didn’t appear to happy to have to refill and purify the water she used.

Sierra grabbed her pack from the Mountaineer and dug around, pulling out soap and cloth and a bottle of tequila.

“I am taking a bath!” Sierra announced. “So unless you’re going to join me, don’t bother me!” And she started to peel off her clothes as she walked back around the APC and sank down into the makeshift tub of cool water with a sigh.

“Fucking amazing…”

***

Conditions
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Card
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene. USED


Everything Burns
1d10 = 2 (2)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 6 (2, 4) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice = 1d8-1 = 0 (1)
Wild = 1d6-1 = 3 (4)

The next morning Kuikku wakes with only a minor buzz in back of his head. Ok, either a mild concussion or maybe just a good wack on the head. Looking around the camp it looks like everyone is well rested and ready for the day's adventure. Putting on his armor he thinks about what they should do.

”Ok everyone. I guess we need to go out and see what we can find. I think our best bet is to head out about half a day in each cardinal direction then come back. We will keep this as a base camp until we find something interesting. Today I think we will head south.”

Looking up at the canopy Kuikku continues ” Our flyers can rotate out on scouting missions too keep an eye out but can return to the trucks as needed to refill their water. The rest of us will drive or ride looking under the canopy for anything.”

Bringing his gaze back down he finishes. ”Unless someone has a better suggestion this is our plan for the day.”

Status
One level of Fatigue
ISP: 10/10
Bennies: 1

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 22
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)

Tracking 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Toshiro finally decides to get up when he hears that the others are beginning to stir. He had barely slept the past night and had been lying awake since the sun first peaked over the horizon. Every time he managed to resist the urge to scratch long enough to fall asleep, he would inevitably roll over, setting his rash ablaze all over again as it rubbed against the rough woolen blankets.

OOC Comments
This is my narrative for the -1 fatigue Toshiro is suffering for 4 days due to his critical survival failure


Toshiro grabs his vibrosword and walks a distance into the jungle to relieve himself, staying as far way from the fresh spring as possible. Within seconds of stepping "outside" of the clearing, sweat begins to bead on his forehead and trickle down his face, a good reminder of what they will face each day as the venture into the jungle. Toshiro makes a point of stopping by the spring to drink as much as he can manage before filling his canteen to the brim.

He spends the rest of the early morning silently cooking breakfast for the group. Back when he used to do long caravan runs for his father's trading business, he had learned the art of taking leftovers from the previous night and recycling them in to a delicious morning meal. He spends the rest of morning sitting cross legged with his human eye closed reviewing footage from their confrontation with the rexes and then the shadow beast. The robe he took from the smugglers stash only further makes this habit of Toshiro's look like a monks meditation.

When they are ready to head out into the jungle, Toshiro takes the co-pilot position in the APC again. As they travel he keeps his sensors and eyes focused on the ground around him, looking for any sign of traffic outside of the local wildlife.

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/3;

Parry: 5
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
-1 for EE against Rexs
+1 for Raise against Rexs
+1 Survival Crit Failure

Aventure Cards:
Extra Effort: Play this to add +1d6 to any trait roll, this roll may ace.
Spill the beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force

Edit Signature


Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 61
Reply with quote
Tyraxas nods at Kuikku's instructions. "This is a good plan. For those of you who do not have the inexhaustible vigor of a dragon such as myself, we should at least mark this location as important. Spells of protection this strong are no mean feat, and such places are worth maintaining as a fallback point." He points at Toshiro. "That one barely stepped outside and began leaking sweat from his brow." He stretches his wings, preparing to depart. In Japanese, he acknowledges Kuikku's orders. "I shall be your eyes from above. Nothing shall avoid my gaze. If you had an appropriate container, I would be happy to carry great quantities of this spring water for you and your people." The dragon bows his head, slightly, towards Kuikku.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Reply with quote
Notice 13
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Ace 1d6+12 = 13 (1)


***

When Sierra finished her bath, she lay out in the dim sunlight to air dry before getting dressed, since she had no towel. She put on shorts and a tank top and went barefoot. The others had dug up some kind of smuggler’s stash, and Sierra went to look through the things, curious. Not that they would really do her any good. They would just burn up in her hands if she ever went full flame.

But there was one bundle that caught her eye. She frowned. Some kind of cloth, and a piece of paper with some kind of arcane sigil on it. Why hadn’t that rotted away in the damp already?

“Holy shit…” Sierra muttered, looking at the arcane mark. She recognized it from the vision she’d had when entering the clearing, the vision of her mother.

This mark had been tattooed on the back of the hand of the man she had fucked.

Sierra grabbed the bundle and shook it out. It turned out to be a long, scarlet red coat, a duster. It had many pockets inside, and seemed to be a bit padded in vital places, like armor. Very faint arcane sigils lined the seams. A short consult with Deezy told her that the runes protected the garment from even the hottest flames.

“How…?” Sierra muttered. She felt something solid shift in the coat and reached inside to pull out a sheathed dagger with a dragon hilt. It had similar fire runes along the blade. “This is kind of like the dagger Tyraxas found,” Sierra mused as she studied it. Both dagger and coat were immune to her fire, and there were even two slits in the back of the coat, as if someone had prepared it for her flaming wings.

“This is really fucking creepy,” Sierra muttered as she tried on the coat and hung the dagger at her hip. The coat would be a little warm in the jungle heat, but Sierra didn’t mind heat.

***

The next morning, Sierra helped fill all the water containers and burned any trash and diapers they left behind. She tugged on her new scarlet duster and popped the collar with a grin. She didn’t have a mirror, but she bet she looked pretty badass. She took a few swipes with her new dagger until the blade got a bit too close to Tyraxas, and he protested vociferously. Why was he so afraid of the knife?

As they readied to set off, Sierra moved to join Tyraxas in flying recon.

***

Conditions
Parry: 5; Toughness: 7
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Card
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene. USED


Everything Burns
1d10 = 9 (9)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 9 (3, 6) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 319
Reply with quote
notice 9
OOC Comments
1d8 = 4 (4)
1d6 = 6 (6) ace 1d6 = 3 (3)


Jameson goes around each vehicle in turn, checking their systems as she went.
Knowledge computers 6
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 6 (4)
Wild dice 1d6+2 = 3 (1)

She downloads what information is already contained

“I should be able to download your sensor logs each day. It’s one thing to scout, but by doing this, I should be able to create a map from the data. Unfortunately, I haven’t got anything I can give to our large … friend over there.” She indicates Tyraxanas, still uncomfortable in his presence. Most of them looked normal, but the dragon and to a lesser degree Conrad made her a bit uneasy being quite obviously not human.



“Everyone make sure you have plenty of water chummers.”
Conrad transferred the water filter back into the ATV.


“This place may be safe against whatever that shadow behemoth was, but I’d like some walls chummers. I doubt this place extends to preventing weapons fire from entering or even local residents from deciding to chomp on us.
Things keep up like this, we are going to need spare parts a lot sooner than I’d like."


He looked around at the group.

“What’s the plan? Are we splitting up to do mapping sweeps?

OOC Comments
Suggest perhaps three teams – ensures each team has a vehicle with sensors to record data, at least one person capable of injuring things that require mystical attacks, technical expertise not in one place
APC – jameson, Deezy, and Sierra
ATV – Conrad Toshiro and Kuikku
Flying – Tyraxanas and Norona, Jareb?

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
"Welp, the APC is back on track," Deezy said as she sauntered over to the others, all besmirched with grease and beaming with triumph. "We could use it to help scout, but it's not very subtle and we reeeeeeeally shouldn't try to drive it that fast around here. Sooner or later we'll run out of stuff I can bend into the right shape to keep fixing it."

"Hey, also! If Tyraxus can CARRY someone, then they can feed info back to your mapper too! Who wants to ride him I DO!"


She raised a hand wildly and waved it around.

OOC Comments
I actually like Conrad's plan better, but she has to try. :)

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 115
Reply with quote
Conrad wrote:
“What’s the plan? Are we splitting up to do mapping sweeps?

Kuikku nods. "I was thinking about splitting into two groups but if Jameson can get sensor data off of Norona's bike then three would work as well. We will need him to go below the canopy on occasion to get ground readings as well but I have no problem with three groups. Flyers head South, APC goes East, ATV goes West. Try to get back here before dark or at least shortly after. If we don't find anything interesting then we can look at defenses tomorrow."

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 18(8) MDC


Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 56
Reply with quote
“Who wants to ride him? I DO!" Deezy exclaimed with excitement.

Sierra spluttered and choked on her tequila-spiked coffee as she laughed and coughed.

“Oh, yes. I’d ride him,” the redhead said with a grin. “I didn’t know you felt that way about Tyraxas, Deezy,” she teased.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:45 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.