View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:13 am



Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ] 
 Missing! Mission Briefing/Travelogue 
Author Message
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
Mission Briefing:

The Jokers are called into the Briefing Room, as usual. Ossana is already there, waiting for you all. "Okay, I know you've been resting for less than a week, but we've got a situation that's come up. As you all know, we're trying to forge alliances with various independent entities in the area. Well, a goodwill opportunity has arisen."

She taps a button on her pad, and the lights go out, leaving only the glowing ember of her stogie butt glowing for a moment. "Montcrief! It's broken again!" The corporal sighs, and there's the sound of him moving over to her. Tap, tap, tap, and the lights come on, while the screens now show a map with a route highlighted, as Wilde picks up the briefing.

"This is Hochatown, Oklahoma, on the shore of Broken Arrow Lake. It's what's known as a banditburg--they have something of a watchacallit, symbiotic relationship with a bandit gang in the area. A bit like Little Pocahontas has with that scumbag Hellfire and his Hellions, but the Wildlings are less nasty than that crew. They also aren't really as unified--it's more like a confederation of a bunch of smaller gangs that operate semi-independently in the area--they only all show up if there's some threat to their turf rights from another gang or an overly aggressive patrol out of CS Lone Star. Townsfolk and bandits alike have a higher-than-usual percentage of Dogboys and other Lone Star escapees, so they keep a fairly firm policy of non-cooperation with the C-S troops."

Montcrief taps the pad again, and now the screen shows a shot of a human woman with a cyber-eye and a tin star badge, while Sergeant Wilde continues. "This is Antigone Montrose. She is the sheriff of Hochatown. Normally, her days are spent breaking up bar fights and reminding the sub-gangs that duels take place outside of town. But now she's got a bit more than she can handle. According to her, there's something weird happening--about a dozen people have gone missing over the last half year. Now, some of them may have just pulled up and moved out--it's Pecos, and that happens. But she insists that these are townies going missing, not travelers or bandits, and that's unusual. Some of the bandits have told her that a few of their members have gone AWOL as well."

She shake her head. "It's possible that this is just one of them, um, statistical anomalies, but even if that's the case, it's got the locals riled up. The locals are starting to say the gangs're getting nasty; the sub-gangs all point at each other, or say it's gotta be the townies... You can see how that could go south real fast. Now, normally, that wouldn't be our problem. But..."

She chews her lip, mulling over the next bit. "Certain individuals in Pecos have requested that the Legion intervene as an outside, impartial party. The sheriff's signed off on this, which makes things easier--and also tells you how bad it might get. If you can get to the bottom of this--even if it's just proving that the people left of their own accord, or whatever--then we will make a good impression on someone that the higher ups are looking to impress."

She dismisses the political intrigues with a wave of her hand. "In any case, something dark may be going on down there, so it's up to you all to dig it out, drag it into the light, and if necessary, hold the magnifying glass up to burn it to a crisp. Your new battlebikes are ready and down in the motor pool, along with your usual supplies. We've got a transport going south with supplies that will get you most of the way there by tomorrow night--Sasha at full march should be able to get from the drop-off point to the town in about 3 days. Any questions, ask Montcrief. My flask's running dry."

With that, she heads out, and as he so often has, Montcrief hangs around to answer any questions you may have.

OOC Comments
Okay, you can ask questions here or in Hangouts; the latter is preferred for OOC questions, but IC ones can be either place.

Oh, anyone with Gifted/Jack of All Trades/Knowledge: Politics can make a roll at -2, if you like.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Chok'lat sniffs at the air. He almost gets to ask a question before Wilde is out the door. Even with all that new cyber-ware, he's not fast enough. Montcrief is left with the job. "Chok'lat can drag almost anything, but Light only show up the one time. Then the other time, but only Chok'lat saw that one. Who we dragging? Maybe Chok'lat needs to beat up gangs? Maybe they got it coming? Won't beat up anyone that don't have it coming, though." He puzzles a little more. "Chok'lat's still bringing guns and swords even if it's just talking."

_________________
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Bennies: 4 (+1 interlude)
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 12, 9 without shield
Toughness: 19 (6), +6 vs ranged
Weapon in Hand:
NG-L5 Laser Rifle: Range 25/50/100; Damage: 3d6; AP 1; ROF: 1; Shots: 20; Weight: 14 lbs; Notes: min Str d6, Semi Auto
Shield of Faith
Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day: The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Cutting in Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature


Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:48 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
Echo thinks for a moment then raises her hand. Once she is called on she asks. "Do we have any other intelligence assets in the town we can call on?
"As an authority figure the mayor will have a lot of information deliberately hidden from her out of habit, even if it is not necessary."


Gifted 11-2=9 (Raise)
Gifted 1d4 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 (6) + Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Henry waits patiently for the other's questions to be answered. When there is a pause in the conversation he asks "What's the ley line situation like there? Has there been any increase in supernatural occurrences?"

_________________
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.


Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:55 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
Montcrief chuckles at Chok'lat. "It is a figure of speech. To drag something into the light is to uncover secrets. As for fighting the gangs, only if they are behind the disappearances."

He shakes his head at Echo. "Sadly, not at this time--they don't even have a mayor, as such. There's a council that picks the sheriff, who makes most of the policy decisions."

Echo's Insight
If the gangs aren't asking for help, and the sheriff is simply willingly accepting the suggestion that the Legion assist the investigation, and there's no mayor or other authority IN the town, then the request for Legion assistance must have come from outside Hochatown. And there's precisely one authority figure in Texas that might try to act in such a manner. You realize your investigation has been requested by "Emperor" Lassar of the Pecos Empire. No wonder the briefing played it close to the vest....

If contacts like this are already occurring, that means that there's some high-level diplomacy going on--the sort that could give the Legion a much-needed ally to the south. Pecos may be little more than a loose confederation of bandit warlords, but they are clearly the moral and ethical superiors to both the True Federation and the Coalition--and they have numbers that the other power-players in the Magic Zone lack.

Of course, screwing up this mission could easily lead to a breakdown in whatever overtures have been made to get to this point, and give the Legion's diplomatic corps a black eye. So, no pressure.


As Echo mulls the hints over in her head, Montcrief shakes his head at Henry. "There's no unusual supernatural activity, no. There is a Ley Line not too far away, but it doesn't pass over the town, nor even much of the land nearby--it runs over the lake, instead."

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Remaining quiet, Herra simply takes in the briefing. There is little she can contribute to the conversation at this moment as the boss appears to be keeping the situation vague on purpose. The idea of driving the motorcycles, or even being a passenger in one of the side cars, makes her screw up her face a little. Unfortunately, she had no others means of travel aside from walking.

"Our first contact must be the sheriff then. Only she can tell us more about the disappearances or lead us to those who were close to the lost. If no bodies have been found then a predator is unlikely - unless it consumes them in their entirety. It may also suit us to ask if there have been consistent intervals between disappearances. All these things may help us establish a pattern...but none of them can be done from here. Let us make preparations to depart."

_________________
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature


Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Chok'lat pipes up immediately. "Yeah! She's right. Good idea. See if...uh, consider...constant...uh...pattern of interv..." He stammers terribly, trying to mimic several words that went over his head. He finally gives up. "Let's do what she said. Let's go."

_________________
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Bennies: 4 (+1 interlude)
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 12, 9 without shield
Toughness: 19 (6), +6 vs ranged
Weapon in Hand:
NG-L5 Laser Rifle: Range 25/50/100; Damage: 3d6; AP 1; ROF: 1; Shots: 20; Weight: 14 lbs; Notes: min Str d6, Semi Auto
Shield of Faith
Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day: The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Cutting in Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature


Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Calyx groaned a bit and let out a long sigh. As much as he liked helping people and doing his job, he had been hoping for more free time. There were things he would like to get done - and it felt like they had been on the road and away from the Castle for a really long time with that trip to Dinosaur Hellswamp. He immediately quashed memories of the few good times he'd had there and listened to the briefing - if he was going to go on a mission, the least he could do would be pay attention to what he was supposed to be doing.

He grinned ever so slightly at the word Oklahoma but refrained from singing. The grin dropped in to a frown - 'banditburg'? That was a thing, and it had a name?? Wow. He guessed some people took protection from where they could find it, but still...seemed like it was asking for trouble.

He glanced at Growler at the mention of Dogboys. He liked Dogboys well enough, Kutter and Growler both seemed like stand-up people. And any Dogboys leaving the Coalition's ranks was a good thing - unless they deserted for being psychotic murderers or something he supposed. Or cannibals - or man-eating (since if they were eating humans it wouldn't be cannibalism strictly spea--). He cut that off and focused.

He made some notes. Antigone Montrose - Sheriff. People going missing - leaving or taken? Pecos. Powder keg. Pause. He looked up with an incredulous frown. "...battlebikes?" He raised an eyebrow and shook his head. He'd find out when they got to the motor pool he supposed.

He smirked at Chok'lat, but then over-enthusiastically saluted at Herra. "As you command, boss!" He grinned widely and got up slowly. "We got enough information t'start with at least til we get there."

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Just looking over the bikes and Sasha and some fine tuning.
Repair: 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Wile 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6+8 = 11 (3)

SnackHappy listens to the briefing intently. He takes a bit of notes although not much was given. "I agree with Herra best we make haste and head that way. Wouldn't want the Sheriff missing when we show up."

Once the group finishes asking questions he makes his way to the motor pool and does his final inspection of Sasha and quickly inspects the new battlebikes after which he gives everyone an overview of their capabilities.

_________________
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver
Skills: Notice d8, Repair d8 +2, Knowledge(Electronics) d6, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium RailGun (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 3d10+4, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Mini-Missile Launchers (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 5d6, RoF 1, AP 6, 12 Shots, Mega Damage, SBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Ammo:
    59 mini-missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower

Credits: 7,790

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Peace, Spill the Beans, Renown
Bennies: 2/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:36 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Random Encounter: 1d20 (8) WILDFIRE!



The first leg of the trip is as easy as described; the bikes and Sasha are all loaded onto the transport, and you spend several pleasant hours watching the landscape roll by outside as the convoy makes its way through the hills. Once you reach your designated spot, the convoy stops and unloads you all; a quick check confirms that all your equipment made it intact. SnackHappy's once-over on the battle bikes makes it clear they're ready for this road-test.

As you travel, it's clear that fall is setting in--brilliant orange, red and yellow leaves make it look like the forest is ablaze, especially as the sun sets on the first night. Whoever is on watch at midnight notices that clouds roll in, obscuring the night sky, and a cool breeze, but no rain, at least.

Of course, maybe it would've been better if there HAD been rain. Just before dawn, there's a series of lightning strikes, and the illusory blaze is replaced with a real one! Fox, going high in the sky, sees that large sections of the terrain has lit up, and the high winds are spreading the flames, fast.

What's needed
So, here's the deal:

First, someone needs to roll Survival. Others with the Skill can aid the roll, getting up to the usual max of +4 to the primary.

Second, if you succeed at the roll (really, it's kind of a given with this group, but snake eyes do happen), you have a choice to make:
1: Go around. This will basically add an extra day to your travel time, with the possibility of another random encounter. I'm sure there will be no downsides to arriving at the town a day later. Why would you even think such a thing? (It's possible I'm lying out my ass, here. Or I could be being totally honest. Who knows?)
2: Go through. This will entail several Driving/Piloting rolls to get through the flames relatively unscathed--I'll get to that process once you guys make the call. Folks with no FEP will also be making Vigor rolls from heat/smoke inhalation.

If you DO fail the Survival roll, the choice is made for you: You go through.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Survival - 1 raise, +2 to cooperative roll
Survival
1d4 (3)

WD Survival
1d6 (6)

Ace WD Survival with prior
1d6+6 = 8 (2)

Chok'lat passes the time with conversation and off-color jokes that would only be funny to a demon. He takes his turns on watch, occasionally glancing at his sleeping comrades. Chok'lat's glad they didn't decide to snuff him. Maybe Chok'lat can get out of going to the pit when he dies if he sticks with these people.

His morning musings are interrupted by the sight of a wildfire in the exact direction they're heading. "Hey, that ain't good." He looks at SnackHappy. "Which way we goin', boss?" He shrugs. "Fire probably wouldn't bother Chok'lat. But you people burn worse than Chok'lat does." He looks around. "Bet we can get around if we need to. Maybe Chok'lat can help find a way?"

_________________
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Bennies: 4 (+1 interlude)
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 12, 9 without shield
Toughness: 19 (6), +6 vs ranged
Weapon in Hand:
NG-L5 Laser Rifle: Range 25/50/100; Damage: 3d6; AP 1; ROF: 1; Shots: 20; Weight: 14 lbs; Notes: min Str d6, Semi Auto
Shield of Faith
Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day: The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Cutting in Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature


Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:53 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Survival 5 + cooperative rolls
Survival 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Unfamiliar territory, made even more difficult to traverse by flames, leaves Herra at a bit of a loss for figuring the bext way around the blaze, begrudgingly she acknowledges Chok'lat's contributions "Going around may be possible, but will delay is at least a day and cost us more disappearances. I do not wish to pass through the blaze, but am willing to forgo my safety to increase our chances of helping others."

_________________
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature


Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:00 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 77
Reply with quote
Cooperative Roll
Survival at +2 (Woodsman)
    Survival: 1d8+2 = 3 (1)
    Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
    Result: 6 - +1 to Cooperative Roll

_________________
Growler
Main Character: Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber
Charisma: -2 (-4/-6); Pace: 8 [10] (d10) ; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19 (8)
ISP: 4 / 10

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
  • -1 due Extra Effort on Missing! Day 1

OOC Comments
Skills
  • Notice: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 for Traps)
  • Survival: 1d8 (+2 With Woodsman)
  • Tracking: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 in Wilderness)
  • Stealth 1d10 (+2 in Wilderness or Urban)
  • Fighting: 1d12
  • Shooting: 1d12
  • Knowledge (Arcana): 1d4
  • Psionics: 1d8
  • Intimidation: 1d6
  • Taunt: 1d6

Abilities
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 ISP/5 Minutes)
  • Slow Regeneration (Natural Healing Roll Each Day)
  • +4 vs. Fear, Mind Control, and Magic
  • +2 for Fighting, Shooting, and Throwing rolls, but only to offset Called Shot penalties

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature


Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:50 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
Notice 11, ignores all concealment, Survival +0 (3 fail)
Echo Notice Roll: 1d12+1 = 11 (10)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 5 (4)

Survival Assist for Chok'lat
Survival 1d4 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (3)


Echo starts looking at the results. "A blaze like that can be a real risk. I can fly around it or skirt it, but once inside the area affected the thermals will spin and flip anything that flies. I could use my magic to reduce the effects of the flames for those closest to me. I think we should risk the drive through, with preparation and our armor most of us should be fine, for those without then I can use my magic to aid a little bit."
Thinking a bit Echo says. "There are vehicles with the strength to go through such thermals, but I do not think the strength of my wings would be able to handle it."

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:43 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Henry waits in the driver's seat patiently. He peels off his driving gloves and neatly sets them in his lap. "Well, which way do you want me to go?" He smiles politely.

_________________
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.


Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:51 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
Stage 1: Stampede!
The blazing inferno lies ahead, a rapidly growing wall of flames and smoke. Ahead of the flames, birds and animals flee, a surging horde of small critters desperately trying to get away from the fire. Then larger animals--deer, wolves, and so forth. Then the big, lumbering beasts--rhino-buffaloes and fury beetles. Though they aren't attacking, the bigger creatures also aren't paying much attention to objects that might be in their way.

Fox is flying low, taking the point position and trying to relay intel back to SnackHappy in order to allow the Grackletooth time to adjust course. Behind Sasha, the two Battlebikes to either side; Echo driving with Chok'lat behind him, and Growler in the sidecar; Henry is driving with Calyx in the rear position and Herra to the side. Echo and Calyx keep their respective auras up, so as to shield their vehicles from stampeding critters and flaming debris, while Herra gives Henry clairvoyant insight into potential hazards in the road.

OOC Comments
Stage 1 of 4! Some of the later Stages will have little bits of extra stuff happening, but this one is pretty straightforward.

Special rolls:
Herra rolls Psionics; every success/raise gives a +1 to Henry's Driving roll.
Fox rolls Notice; every success/raise gives +1 to SnackHappy's Piloting roll.

As noted: If you have no FEP, you must make a Vigor roll vs. Fire/heat and smoke inhalation (Chok'lat gets a pass on this).

Then, the drivers and pilots must make the appropriate Skill checks to evade the animals and falling debris as you plunge into the flames. The damage from this is MD, so it can damage the vehicles or mechanized units.

.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:51 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
Notice 5, ignores all concealment, Driving 4
Echo Notice Roll: 1d12+1 = 3 (2)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 5 (4)

Echo driving
Driving 1d4 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (4)

.

Once everyone is ready Echo reaches allows her mind to splinter reaching out with a portion of herself and protecting her passengers from the heat. As they take off hearing the instructions over the radio from what Fox is seeing helps the drivers a lot.
When suddenly a dear pops out in front of them Echo slows and turns a bit watching as the things flees from the consuming fire. But as she turns her head back to the road she nearly slams into a wolf, swerving she is startled to see hundreds of animals suddenly flowing across the road, swerving to not to let them get run over and trying to stabilize Echo is amazed by the site. The renewing of a land can be so terrifying of a process to witness she is simply amazed by it.

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice (add +2 if Optics package adjusts)
1d4+2 = 6 (4)

Ace Notice with prior
1d4+6 = 9 (3)

WD Notice
1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Chok'lat grins. "This is a good plan. We go be big heroes now!" He readies the Shield of Faith, as if it would protect him from all of the flame and carnage. As Echo begins the trip through the inferno, Chok'lat gets excited. "Hey, this gonna work out okay. Go go go!" The image of a 4 armed cybernetically enhanced demon encouraging the driver and pumping his fists in the air like he's on a roller coaster would be comical, if the situation weren't so dangerous.

_________________
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Bennies: 4 (+1 interlude)
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 12, 9 without shield
Toughness: 19 (6), +6 vs ranged
Weapon in Hand:
NG-L5 Laser Rifle: Range 25/50/100; Damage: 3d6; AP 1; ROF: 1; Shots: 20; Weight: 14 lbs; Notes: min Str d6, Semi Auto
Shield of Faith
Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day: The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Cutting in Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature


Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:05 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Driving 9
Ace 1d4 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (3)
1d4 (4)

Henry slides his driving gloves on, and carefully inspects the controls. He pulls his helmet on his head and straps it tightly. "Here we go!"
He smoothly puts the bike into gear and takes off like he's been driving this thing his whole life.

_________________
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.


Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:20 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 am
Posts: 118
Reply with quote
Fox leads off from the Joker's staging area, entering the raging flames maybe 5 feet from the ground. The heat is intense even inside the SAMAS and Fox finds himself checking and double checking SAMAS's systems to make sure she is handling well the heat and impressive thermals.

Gathering Information
    Notice 8
  • Notice 1d8 (6) (+2 gathering details)
  • Wild Notice 1d6 (4)
    Investigation 11
  • Investigation 1d8 (4) (+2 gathering details)
  • Wild Investigation 1d6 (6)
  • Aced Wild 1d6 (3)
    Common Knowledge 3
  • K/Common 1d8 (3)


+2 to Piloting for SnackHappy and Sasha.

Fox radios Snack and Sasha, "Snack, there appears to be a natural break and cover. Something I like a game trail that crosses our path. Hold for maybe 15 or 20 seconds, to let the big creatures pass us before we continue on."

In the few months he had been with the Legion and the Jokers, Fox realized he had traveled more than the four or so years among the CS He had been in the frigid North, the swampy Southeast, and then again back to near the Lone Star CS command, where he had last deployed with the CS. The SAMAS he flew now, looked very little like the one he had piloted out of the frozen wasteland. His current squad were much better than the CS units he had deployed with previously. Nice to have a little security and stability.

Fox continues to guide SAMAS utilizing the the thrusters and lifts primarily in his legs/boots. Occassionaly Fox vents the thrusters in an effort to push open the clearing enough to see further ahead.

Piloting
  • Ace: +2 to Piloting PAs, May spend Bennies to Soak.
  • Power Armor Jock: Negate -2 to Agility and all skill rolls while wearing PA.
    Piloting 7
  • Piloting 1d10+2 = 7 (5)
  • Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5 (3)

_________________
PFC "Fox" Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
Human/Clone, MARS Powered Armor Soldier, CS SAMAS Pilot
Rank: Veteran Specialist 2nd Class
Payscale: 495/wk
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Strain: 6/8

Hindrances: Clueless, Cautious, Loyal

Notice d8 (+2 conditional), Common Knowledge d8 (+2 conditional), Intimidation d4, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
    Command
  • Command: Allies: +1 Spirit to recover from Shaken.
  • Tactician: Wild Card, Draw Bonus Action Cards for Teammates use.
  • Natural Leader: Share Bennies with Troops under his command.
    SAMAS/Pilot
  • Power Armor Jock: Negate -2 to Agility and all skill rolls while wearing PA.
  • Ace: +2 to Piloting PAs, May spend Bennies to Soak.
  • Combat Ace: Ignore MAP for Piloting and Shooting in same round.
  • Rock and Roll!: No Move during Round, May ignore penalty for firing Full Auto.

Bennies: 5/5

    Adventure Cards: Q3-2018
  • (33) - Extra Effort - Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (35) - Sieze the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • (16) - Turncoat - Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc..

| 2017Q4 | 5 XP (30) - Seasoned 3 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q1 | 5 XP (35) - Seasoned 4 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q2 | 7 XP (42) - Veteran 1 | 3 EP (?) | |


SAMAS
    SAMAS
  • Strength d12+5 *
    • SAMAS Fortune and Glory: Strong and Powerful
    • * Str die Increase
    • Brawny: ** +1 Toughness, Carry 8 times Str.
  • Size: 2, Pace: 10 (1d8), Flight: 25, Climb 2, Parry: 6, Toughness: 10+10 MDC **

    Weapons
    • Light Rail Gun (right forearm, handheld)
    • 100/200/400, 2d10+4 Mega Damage, RoF 3, AP 10, Shots 45
    • Rocket Launcher (right shoulder, mounted)
    • 100/200/400, RoF 1, AP 6, Shots 2, 5d6 Mega Damage, SBT, Snapfire.
    • 2 spare missiles in camp
    • WI - GL20, Automatic Grenade Launcher (left forearm, mounted)
    • 60/120/240, Variable Damage, RoF 3, AP 2, Shots 40
    • AP ( ); FRAG ( ); HE ( ); PLASMA ( )
    • TX-22 Precision


Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Calyx sat behind Henry, and was glad that they had NOT turned him around to face the rear before taking off. While it might have been a bit better for his heart, he couldn't imagine hearing everything coming towards them, but not being able to see them without twisting around in his seat. He ignited his electrical aura to cover as much of the vehicle as he could. It wasn't going to specifically help him out, per se, but he thought it might at least possibly partially help the bike and some of his teammates.

So many animals and monstrous creatures running, smartly, away from the fire. But the SET! Oh, no! They were heading - bravely? stupidly? both? - straight TOWARDS it all, and having to dodge all the creatures running away right at them. He fired off several lightning blasts to try and...well, 'direct oncoming traffic', as it were, to go around them. "I think I've seen this vid once....Spoiler alert! It didn't go well for some of the intrepid heroes!" He let out a laugh.

Notice
Notice die 1d6 (1), Wild die 1d6 (2).

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Calirvoyance 6, +1 to driving
1d10 (6)
Wild 1d6 (3)


"We rise through the blaze, shrouded in the mantle of justice. We will prevail."

While her body is in the side car, protected from the element by the enchantments on her armor, Herra's mind is scouring ahead of the bike, looking for obvious hazards and potential safe routes. She cannot sustain her psionic presence for long but is able to give short glimpses ahead when smoke or stampede makes it hard to tell which way to go.

"I have seen as far as I can, it may change at a moments notice but should give us some insight to the road ahead."

_________________
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature


Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:50 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
"Chok'lat, sometimes we must endure. We go through if for no other reason than to keep others safe. If time were not an issue we might go around. Fox your eyes are invaluable. Thank you for the direction. Hows about some tunes while we navigate this inferno?"

Starting up the music Sasha charges forward following the directions given by Fox's aerial recon. Taking care to knock aside any debris and clearing the way for those following.


Piloting =Success and 2 Raises
Piloting: 1d10+4 = 13 (9)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 10 (6) Ace: 1d6 (1)

_________________
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver
Skills: Notice d8, Repair d8 +2, Knowledge(Electronics) d6, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium RailGun (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 3d10+4, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Mini-Missile Launchers (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 5d6, RoF 1, AP 6, 12 Shots, Mega Damage, SBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Ammo:
    59 mini-missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower

Credits: 7,790

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Peace, Spill the Beans, Renown
Bennies: 2/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:57 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
Stage 2: Gully Gauntlet


You deftly evade the stampeding animals and then plunge into the wall of flame and smoke. Inside the blaze proper, the heat is extremely intense. You sometimes have to bear east or west in your southward run just to take advantage of the terrain. Then the terrain itself becomes part of the problem.

Ahead of you, the landscape becomes broken and craggy, forcing you to make a choice. You can either attempt to zig-zag along the various gullies, while continuing to move at speed, or stick more or less to a straight route through the region, which would force you to jump over the narrow points, Dukes of Hazzard style (with Fox providing Sasha with frequent assists). The good news is that, as the gullies are below the flames, running along them would make breathing easier for those without protection, and shield you from the ambient heat (though not necessarily from falling tree-branches).

OOC Comments
Okay, two choices:

1: Go down into the gullies: this means a lot fast movement in tight quarters, giving a -2 to Driving/Piloting rolls, but also means folks with no FEP get to completely bypass the Vigor rolls against Fatigue this stage.
2: Jumping the gaps: The Battlebikes can manage this by burning out their current Nitro charges over the half-hour, with no additional penalty. Getting Sasha over them is a bit trickier--instead of providing Notice oversight, Fox spends his time grabbing Sasha and going full-thrust to extend the Gunwolf's leaps. All rolls made the same as last time, otherwise.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:20 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
1d4 (3)
1d6 (5)
Will benny for EE if needed

Noticing that there isn't fire in the Gullies, Henry, confident with his previous skill driving the bike, steers towards them. "Buckle Up! he yells excitedly. As he dips into the gulley he thinks holy hell these are some tight turns and nearly smashes into a wall but Calyx points it out a moment before he does so. Woopsie doodle, I almost killed us all. That would have been embarassing! Henry nods "Don't worry, I saw it.

_________________
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.


Last edited by Henry_Price on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Chok'lat watches Henry gun the engine of his battlebike. He becomes even more excited as Echo begins to follow him into the gullies. "GO GO! We can make it! HAHAHAHA!" The brodkil is as excited as a kid at Christmas. His laughter, though menacing, actually has a hint of true joy to it. "Most fun Chok'lat's had since killing the CS skeletons!"

_________________
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Bennies: 4 (+1 interlude)
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 12, 9 without shield
Toughness: 19 (6), +6 vs ranged
Weapon in Hand:
NG-L5 Laser Rifle: Range 25/50/100; Damage: 3d6; AP 1; ROF: 1; Shots: 20; Weight: 14 lbs; Notes: min Str d6, Semi Auto
Shield of Faith
Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day: The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Cutting in Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature


Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:33 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
Driving 5 success
Driving 1d4-2 = -1 (1)
Wild Driving 1d6-2 = 4 (6) Ace 1d6+4 = 5 (1)


Echo continues driving into the gullies. Feeling a little worried, while she knew how to drive it was a skill she had never really mastered and with every twist and turn she was concerned one of her friends could be injured. To make matters worse the visuals in these gullies was terrible, she was often unable to even see what was going on only 20 yards in front of her and she hated not being able to perceive the world around her. over the radio she says to her passengers. "Keep your eyes open, i could use some help if something pops out in front of us."

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:58 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Calyx didn't mind fire. He wasn't a pyro and wasn't a huge fan of fire, but he wasn't scared of it per se. He wasn't immune like the Bursters were, but it was less of a danger to him than to some. Smoke, however, was dangerous to all with out sufficient protection! The Deadboy armor he had gotten (and re-painted and re-purposed sort of - which is mind he called Shockboy Armor) served that purpose very well. He patted Henry on the shoulder at one point. "We need t'requisition ya some good armor when we get back t'the Castle. Can't believe they let you out dressed like that!" He let out a laugh and was teasing....for the most part.

One the one hand? If he wanted to be part of an organization that handed everyone the same uniform, armor and weaponry - he'd join the Coalition, nofuckingthankyouverymuch! But on the other hand....HE himself (and now Henry) had been sent out in to the field on a most-very-probably dangerous mission not fully armed and armored. It was a concern.

When they headed down in to the gullies, Calyx smiled inside of his helmet. "Heh. This should be fun." Over the coms he called out in reply to Fox and the others, "Yup! But everyone stay sharp anyway, right? Never know what might be down here runnin' from the fire an' smoke like us!"

Notice 5
Notice die 1d6 (3), Wild die 1d6 (5).

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Clairvoyance 5, +1 to Driving
Psionics 1d10 (5)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Shimmering slightly in the sidecar, Herra lets her mind leave her body as she surveys the gullies ahead. The passage would be easier, and better for the health of those without protection from the raging fires. As she moves her astral form through the path ahead she also takes a moment to observe the utter destruction cause by the fire. She is fascinated by how it will destroy but also make room for new growth, new life. The purifying nature of the fire makes her think about her own trials: enslavement, escape, the legion, the Moon Hunters. Perhaps now she was living in the time after the fire, her early life had been a blaze burning but not - perhaps - new life was beginning to bloom.

Setting back into her physical body her eyes fluttering open and she reports to Echo, "I believe the gullies are clear."

_________________
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature


Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice - add +2 if visual readouts help
1d4+2 = 3 (1)

WD Notice
1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Responding to Echo's request for assistance, Chok'lat calms down...a little. He scans the horizon and sides intently, ensuring nothing is going to upset his fun ride with his friend Echo. "Chok'lat's lookin' out. You got nothin' to be afraid of. Except all that fire."

_________________
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Bennies: 4 (+1 interlude)
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 12, 9 without shield
Toughness: 19 (6), +6 vs ranged
Weapon in Hand:
NG-L5 Laser Rifle: Range 25/50/100; Damage: 3d6; AP 1; ROF: 1; Shots: 20; Weight: 14 lbs; Notes: min Str d6, Semi Auto
Shield of Faith
Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day: The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Cutting in Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature


Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:11 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
Glad not to be alone in this tense situation Echo nods and says. "Thanks Chok'lat, I will try and keep us as safe from the fire as possible, if you can help keep a look out for other troubles." Then throttling as hard as the bike will go she takes another jump over a fallen log not yet fully engulfed in flames. The gullies twist and turn a lot, but with them they have been able to avoid most of the damaging fire and she was grateful for that. But the anxiety of not being able to see at a distance was a little frustrating and three sets of eyes on it give her some comfort.

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:44 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 am
Posts: 118
Reply with quote
Fox scouts ahead until an obstacle presents itself which needs him to play the Living Jet Pack for Sasha. Grateful that the jumps are shorter than the fall from the icy shelf in Canada ot the Frozen North.

"Hey Happy, if this is to become a regular thing, the whole jet packing across the country. Maybe I could make some recommendations."

"Maybe install some hand holds in the back here." Fox thumps hard on a few location on Sasha's back.

"Or maybe we could go with some mag-lock anchor points for SAMAS's hands and feet."

With his ideas delivered, Fox and SAMAS, pick up Sasha and Happy and fly them across a deep fissure which has opened up before the squad.

_________________
PFC "Fox" Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
Human/Clone, MARS Powered Armor Soldier, CS SAMAS Pilot
Rank: Veteran Specialist 2nd Class
Payscale: 495/wk
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Strain: 6/8

Hindrances: Clueless, Cautious, Loyal

Notice d8 (+2 conditional), Common Knowledge d8 (+2 conditional), Intimidation d4, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
    Command
  • Command: Allies: +1 Spirit to recover from Shaken.
  • Tactician: Wild Card, Draw Bonus Action Cards for Teammates use.
  • Natural Leader: Share Bennies with Troops under his command.
    SAMAS/Pilot
  • Power Armor Jock: Negate -2 to Agility and all skill rolls while wearing PA.
  • Ace: +2 to Piloting PAs, May spend Bennies to Soak.
  • Combat Ace: Ignore MAP for Piloting and Shooting in same round.
  • Rock and Roll!: No Move during Round, May ignore penalty for firing Full Auto.

Bennies: 5/5

    Adventure Cards: Q3-2018
  • (33) - Extra Effort - Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (35) - Sieze the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • (16) - Turncoat - Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc..

| 2017Q4 | 5 XP (30) - Seasoned 3 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q1 | 5 XP (35) - Seasoned 4 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q2 | 7 XP (42) - Veteran 1 | 3 EP (?) | |


SAMAS
    SAMAS
  • Strength d12+5 *
    • SAMAS Fortune and Glory: Strong and Powerful
    • * Str die Increase
    • Brawny: ** +1 Toughness, Carry 8 times Str.
  • Size: 2, Pace: 10 (1d8), Flight: 25, Climb 2, Parry: 6, Toughness: 10+10 MDC **

    Weapons
    • Light Rail Gun (right forearm, handheld)
    • 100/200/400, 2d10+4 Mega Damage, RoF 3, AP 10, Shots 45
    • Rocket Launcher (right shoulder, mounted)
    • 100/200/400, RoF 1, AP 6, Shots 2, 5d6 Mega Damage, SBT, Snapfire.
    • 2 spare missiles in camp
    • WI - GL20, Automatic Grenade Launcher (left forearm, mounted)
    • 60/120/240, Variable Damage, RoF 3, AP 2, Shots 40
    • AP ( ); FRAG ( ); HE ( ); PLASMA ( )
    • TX-22 Precision


Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:46 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Piloting: 1d10+2 = 3 (1)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

The track changes over the loudspeaker as they prep to jump.

"Handholds sound so much less exciting! I think I need some rocket boots or something for Sasha." Hearing Fox grab hold he makes for the edge of the gullies at a nice run and jumps. Just landing on the other side ready to face whatever comes next.


_________________
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver
Skills: Notice d8, Repair d8 +2, Knowledge(Electronics) d6, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium RailGun (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 3d10+4, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Mini-Missile Launchers (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 5d6, RoF 1, AP 6, 12 Shots, Mega Damage, SBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Ammo:
    59 mini-missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower

Credits: 7,790

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Peace, Spill the Beans, Renown
Bennies: 2/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:16 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
Stage 3: Hot Time in the Ghost Town Tonight! (Quick Combat--8 successes needed, total)

Coming out of the broken terrain, you come to a fairly wide flatland. This isn't necessarily an improvement--while the trees are fewer, the brushfire is actually more intense, and harder to avoid. But the spotters locate a comparatively clear area; an abandoned town, where much of the brush has been cleared and there's even some stretches of pavement. Some buildings are on fire, but but they are much more easily avoided.

It's only when you get into the town that you realize the truth--the burning buildings have drawn a host of fire elementals to the area, and they are... playful. So while the drivers have an easier time navigating the inferno in this area, there's the danger of being overwhelmed by mischievous living flames!

OOC Comments
Alright, first off, the Piloting/Driving rolls AND the Vigor rolls for this Stage are at +2, because it's a lot easier to evade the blazes, and the breathing's a bit easier. Other than that, they're made as they were in the first phase.

However, the dancing fire elementals also need to be fended off. This is an amended Quick Combat, similar to the one in the Hive, but briefer. You need a total of 8 successes across the group to escape unscathed; for every success you come up short, I'll roll a random person to take a Wound (if I get SnackHappy, it'll be a wound on Sasha, instead, but the battle-bikes are safe). Soaking will be permitted after wounds (if any) are determined.

To fend off the fire-spirits, everyone who wants can roll a Combat or Arcane skill (Echo can use Spirit since that IS her Arcane Skill), at -4 for a scene penalty (-2 for sheer numbers, -2 for the fact that these guys are essentially regenerating due to the amount of fire available for them to draw upon). Since your drivers don't have Combat Ace, if Henry and Echo want to help out with the combat, both their Driving and Combat rolls will suffer an additional -2 MAP. Ditto for anyone trying to help a Driver or Pilot (so if Herra is using Clairvoyance to direct Henry, as well as laying down psionic attacks of some flavor, she suffers the -2 MAP; likewise Fox using Notice to help Snackhappy).

There's no Resource usage here--after this and the next phase, we're doing a full reset, anyway.

So, your post for this phase should include:
Vigor +2 roll if you have no FEP/Demonic resistance
Driving/Piloting +2 Roll if you are operating a vehicle, at -2 MAP if you are also going to aid the Quick Combat
Quick Combat roll at -4 (and possible MAP) if you are participating in that.

If your net QC roll gets a Raise, describe how awesome you are, and you get an extra Benny at the start of the next session.

Remember, don't bother rolling damage in QC--it's an overall abstraction of multiple actions as you drive through an abandoned town engulfed in flames, not a single attack.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:36 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Quick Combat 8 total
Quick Combat -4
My modifiers: +2 from helmet, +2 with CP-40, +2 for 3RB.
Shooting die 1d6 (4), Wild die 1d6 (2).
Extra Effort 1d6 (2).

Notice, if needed, 4
Notice die 1d6 (4), Wild die 1d6 (1).

Frying Elementals seems like an oxymoron so we'll call it herding firecats, Calyx thought to himself. Who'd ever have thought he'd see fire elementals...let alone PLAYFUL ones!!! He shook his head. Life had definitely gotten much stranger since he'd joined the Tomorrow Legion! Firing Lightning Bolts or Lasers at fire elementals both seemed not that great of ideas - but for not wanting to truly harm or kill anything, the lasers were probably a slightly better idea.

He pulled out his heavily modified, TW-converted and (most important of all) re-painted CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle. He began firing off bursts at the elementals that veered too close. He even managed to get one of them to stumble back into another one and knock them both away from the battlebike. He let out a almost-maniacal-sounding laugh and kept firing - he wasn't aiming to hurt the creatures, just trying to make them think twice before 'playing' with them. While fire wasn't a major concern for himself, it was for the bikes and everyone else.

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Last edited by Calyx on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:57 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Psionics 12, success with 2 raises
Psionics 1d10 (9)
Wild 1d6 (2)
Major Psionics (4 ISP) +2

Extra Effort (Benny from Henry): 1d6 (3) +2 from Elan


Fire, it doesn't take a precog to figure out what might slow down these chaotic spirits. Powering up her new rifle Herra can feel its telekinetic potential. It was all the same part of the mind that controlled elements, fire, water, electricity. Some psychics hyper Developed one area, but mind meters could master any when needed. With her mind she focuses the telekinetic power to be more specific - water.

Each time an elemental comes close to the group Herra takes careful aim and fires a massive hydrokinetic burst. The "water bombs" burst open against the fire dousing them and making the shrink down. The old ghost town takes on an eerie appearance as steam rolls down the streets like fog, retracting the firelight into strange shadows and dancing lights.

Maintaining the TK firehouse take concentration and presence. This means Herra gives up her roll as navigator in exchange for becoming a human tidal wave. Pumping psychic power into the rifle is mentally exhausting but pays dividend as the bike pass through the town relatively unscathed.

_________________
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature


Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Combat! 4 successes
Shooting at -4 for scene
1d12+1 = 12 (11)

Benny to EE QC with prior and Elan
1d6+14 = 19 (5)

WD Shooting
1d6+1 = 3 (2)

Chok'lat's eyes perk up. "We got targets! HAHAHA!" He stows the Shield of Faith, preferring to light off with two rifles. Amidst the smoke and flames, though they're not as close as before, the demon truly hits a stride. Nothing approaches Echo's battlebike. Anything that looks at it wrong gets blasted backwards, although...is he not shooting to kill? The demon must've taken a cue from Calyx. The laser and shotgun blasts are at neighboring objects, the ground at the feet of the elementals, or a close enough 'shot across the bow' that the creatures take notice. Chok'lat even has great effect on Henry's bike as well, nipping several fire elementals enough to drive them away. "You don't scare Chok'lat! Chok'lat takes baths in hotter fires than you! Now leave Chok'lat's friends alone!"

_________________
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Bennies: 4 (+1 interlude)
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 12, 9 without shield
Toughness: 19 (6), +6 vs ranged
Weapon in Hand:
NG-L5 Laser Rifle: Range 25/50/100; Damage: 3d6; AP 1; ROF: 1; Shots: 20; Weight: 14 lbs; Notes: min Str d6, Semi Auto
Shield of Faith
Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day: The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Cutting in Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature


Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
LA Shot:8, RA Shot:6, C Shot:15, Pilot:11
Left Arm Shooting: 1d12-1 = 8 (9)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 1 (2)

Right Arm Shooting: 1d12-1 = 6 (7)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 1 (2)

Chest Shooting: 1d12-2 = 4 (6)
Wild: 1d6-2 = 4 (6) Ace: 1d6 (6) Ace: 1d6 (3)

Piloting: 1d10 (6)
Wild: 1d6 (6) Ace: 1d6 (5)


Landing on the other side of the jump Jacob lines up shots with his railguns and unleashes salvos into the elementals. Not slowing his speed he continues on as if the elementals had never been there. Again the track changes.


_________________
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver
Skills: Notice d8, Repair d8 +2, Knowledge(Electronics) d6, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium RailGun (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 3d10+4, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Mini-Missile Launchers (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 5d6, RoF 1, AP 6, 12 Shots, Mega Damage, SBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Ammo:
    59 mini-missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower

Credits: 7,790

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Peace, Spill the Beans, Renown
Bennies: 2/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:19 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Henry winces at the flickering flames and dancing and darting elements. Seeing the hard work his team is putting toward pushing them back brings a smile to his face.
Drive, 16
Drive 1d4 (3) +2
Wild 1d6 (6) +2
Explode 1d6 (6)
Explode 1d6 (2)
Vigor 1d6 (6) +6
Explode 1d6 (5)
Wild 1d6 (5) +6


Seeing his teammates wail on the elementals makes Henry more daring. He zips and zooms into the fray, even chasing a few elementals to allow those on his bike a better shot. He drives as if the bike is attached to him.
"Woohoo!" he shouts with glee.

_________________
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.


Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:36 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 am
Posts: 118
Reply with quote
As Fox detached himself and SAMAS from Sasha, the HUD dispaly began registering the elementals. The Legion doesn't mess around. They get involved in everything.

"So now we are firefighters. Hazardous duty pay and a certificate from Wilde. That is all I need."

I've Been Everywhere, Man

Watching the squad engage the living flames, Fox determines a different course of action. With space wide enough, he determines to give the squad enough room to maneuver around the City of Flame. Fox begins flying in a circle around the baseof the flames and excellerating the fires through forcing more air. A fire whirl is the name that comes to mind.

Intently focused on piloting, he allows SAMAS to register when the squad takes shots at the elementals and correct their course to avoid getting shot at. Opening up the intakes and putting the throttles and other controls into max power, Fox starts large circles and slowly begins tightening them.

Piloting SAMAS
    Piloting 17, success, 3 raises
  • Piloting 1d10 (4) (+2 Piloting PAs, -2 for Scene, Cancel -2 for Power Armor Jock)
  • Wild 1d6 (1)
    Adventure Card: Extra Effort
  • EE-Card 1d6 (2)
    Benny for Extra Effort (Benny 2/4)
  • EE-Dice 1d6 (6)
  • Aced EE-Dice 1d6 (3)

_________________
PFC "Fox" Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
Human/Clone, MARS Powered Armor Soldier, CS SAMAS Pilot
Rank: Veteran Specialist 2nd Class
Payscale: 495/wk
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Strain: 6/8

Hindrances: Clueless, Cautious, Loyal

Notice d8 (+2 conditional), Common Knowledge d8 (+2 conditional), Intimidation d4, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
    Command
  • Command: Allies: +1 Spirit to recover from Shaken.
  • Tactician: Wild Card, Draw Bonus Action Cards for Teammates use.
  • Natural Leader: Share Bennies with Troops under his command.
    SAMAS/Pilot
  • Power Armor Jock: Negate -2 to Agility and all skill rolls while wearing PA.
  • Ace: +2 to Piloting PAs, May spend Bennies to Soak.
  • Combat Ace: Ignore MAP for Piloting and Shooting in same round.
  • Rock and Roll!: No Move during Round, May ignore penalty for firing Full Auto.

Bennies: 5/5

    Adventure Cards: Q3-2018
  • (33) - Extra Effort - Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (35) - Sieze the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • (16) - Turncoat - Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc..

| 2017Q4 | 5 XP (30) - Seasoned 3 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q1 | 5 XP (35) - Seasoned 4 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q2 | 7 XP (42) - Veteran 1 | 3 EP (?) | |


SAMAS
    SAMAS
  • Strength d12+5 *
    • SAMAS Fortune and Glory: Strong and Powerful
    • * Str die Increase
    • Brawny: ** +1 Toughness, Carry 8 times Str.
  • Size: 2, Pace: 10 (1d8), Flight: 25, Climb 2, Parry: 6, Toughness: 10+10 MDC **

    Weapons
    • Light Rail Gun (right forearm, handheld)
    • 100/200/400, 2d10+4 Mega Damage, RoF 3, AP 10, Shots 45
    • Rocket Launcher (right shoulder, mounted)
    • 100/200/400, RoF 1, AP 6, Shots 2, 5d6 Mega Damage, SBT, Snapfire.
    • 2 spare missiles in camp
    • WI - GL20, Automatic Grenade Launcher (left forearm, mounted)
    • 60/120/240, Variable Damage, RoF 3, AP 2, Shots 40
    • AP ( ); FRAG ( ); HE ( ); PLASMA ( )
    • TX-22 Precision


Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:31 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Calyx saw something out of the corner of his eye and turned to look. His eyes then widened as he watched Chok'late, and then Snack Happy and Sasha, just going to town on the elementals. Like, not even missing a beat in their movements forward but that rail gun was chattering death (or maybe just dispersal - he wasn't entirely sure how elementals worked really). His mouth dropped open a bit and then he recovered himself and spoke over the team comlink, "Nice shootin', Choclate!" He let out a chuckle but then made a small noise. "Daaaaaaaamn, Happy! No mercy for firecats, huh?"

OOC Comments
Impressive roll, good sirs!

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:02 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
Notice 16, ignores all concealment, Water Jets 5, Driving 8
Echo Notice Roll: 1d12+1 = 12 (11)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 2 (1)
Extra Effort 1d6+12 = 16 (4)

Water Manipulation (No MAP based on nature)
Spirit 1d10+2 = 6 (4)
Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Extra Effort 1d6+4 = 5 (1)


Driving (No MAP based on nature)
Driving 1d4+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Extra Effort 1d6+5 = 8 (3)


Riding through the city Echo finds she has to constantly turn and maneuver as the fiery elementals begin trying to play with them. Not wanting to hurt the elementals she decides to instead warn them away in the elemental tongue as she sends forth a whips of water lashing the ground and creates barriers discouraging them away.

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:36 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
Stage 4: Rowdy 'n' Rambunctious

As the group clears the town (now largely depleted of the fire sprites, which will no doubt ensure that they cannot keep the blaze going longer than it should), they pass into wide brush-plains. This close to the back-side of the fire, you realize, the flames are more thinned out, easier to avoid, though there are still some dangerous spots.

As you move between the clusters of burning brush, evading the occasional ignited tumbleweed, Fox and SnackHappy both detect, over their sensors... music. Very raucous, guitar-heavy music. And given how far they are from the source, the music has got to be LOUD. Fox veers to investigate, and discovers a van. It's old, and yet not as old as it should be, given that it doesn't even look like it's made of properly MDC materials. It was probably black at one point, but the sides and top have so much graffiti and other art painted on them that it's possible the black was actually added later. On the top of the van, the most visible piece of art is a giant "3" on a frenetic background.

The van is immobile. The occupants--you can see several of them jumping in and out of the back of the van, looking around, trying to figure out what they need to do. Sometimes they crawl up on top of the van. One of them spots Fox overhead, and gives a holler. Immediately, they scramble about, until four of them, all male humans (well, at least, human-ish; their hair is unusual and somewhat wild) dressed in crudely cut rough clothing, emerge and take up defensive positions around the van. They are wielding... well, one could arguably call them 'weapons'. They'd hurt if you were in a bar fight and not in armor, at least. But a long piece of metal or a wooden shaft with barbed wire wrapped around it wouldn't so much as scratch the paint on Fox's SAMAS.

Fox sees one other occupant, watching him from the large side-door of the vehicle. She's a human female, dressed much like her companions, but unarmed. Weirdly, despite being surrounded by flames and hopelessly outgunned, she doesn't look afraid, as such--her expression is more of a mix of consternation, curiosity and exaltation.

Make a Notice roll, check here for additional info
Success: The tires have melted, leaving the big metal box stranded in the smoke and flames. He's pretty sure that with the light construction of the vehicle, Sasha could heft it with little worry.
Raise: There are no tracks to show how the van got where it is in the first place.

Note: This is the GM being very silly as we make the twixt-session transition.

The fire and smoke has thinned out for the most part, but if any of the ground vehicles wants to get to the van specifically, it's a Piloting roll to do so safely. Otherwise, no rolls are needed for this phase.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:22 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 am
Posts: 118
Reply with quote
Gathering Information
    Notice 6, success, NO raise
  • Notice 1d8 (4) (+2 gathering details)
  • Wild Notice 1d6 (4)


Fox relays the video back to Sasha and Happy. "We have contact. 4 males and 1 female."

"They are near a grounded 4 wheeled vehicle."

"At least that is what i can tell from this angle."

"Returning to squad."

Fox gives no visible cues or signs to the stranded five and flies back to the Jokers, who are moving out of the flame.

OOC Comments
First thoughts was Mystery Inc and Daphne is having issues.


Misc Rolls
    Investigation xx
  • Investigation 1d8 (1) (+2 gathering details)
  • Wild Investigation 1d6 (2)
    Common Knowledge xx
  • K/Common 1d8 (8)

_________________
PFC "Fox" Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
Human/Clone, MARS Powered Armor Soldier, CS SAMAS Pilot
Rank: Veteran Specialist 2nd Class
Payscale: 495/wk
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Strain: 6/8

Hindrances: Clueless, Cautious, Loyal

Notice d8 (+2 conditional), Common Knowledge d8 (+2 conditional), Intimidation d4, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
    Command
  • Command: Allies: +1 Spirit to recover from Shaken.
  • Tactician: Wild Card, Draw Bonus Action Cards for Teammates use.
  • Natural Leader: Share Bennies with Troops under his command.
    SAMAS/Pilot
  • Power Armor Jock: Negate -2 to Agility and all skill rolls while wearing PA.
  • Ace: +2 to Piloting PAs, May spend Bennies to Soak.
  • Combat Ace: Ignore MAP for Piloting and Shooting in same round.
  • Rock and Roll!: No Move during Round, May ignore penalty for firing Full Auto.

Bennies: 5/5

    Adventure Cards: Q3-2018
  • (33) - Extra Effort - Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (35) - Sieze the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • (16) - Turncoat - Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc..

| 2017Q4 | 5 XP (30) - Seasoned 3 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q1 | 5 XP (35) - Seasoned 4 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q2 | 7 XP (42) - Veteran 1 | 3 EP (?) | |


SAMAS
    SAMAS
  • Strength d12+5 *
    • SAMAS Fortune and Glory: Strong and Powerful
    • * Str die Increase
    • Brawny: ** +1 Toughness, Carry 8 times Str.
  • Size: 2, Pace: 10 (1d8), Flight: 25, Climb 2, Parry: 6, Toughness: 10+10 MDC **

    Weapons
    • Light Rail Gun (right forearm, handheld)
    • 100/200/400, 2d10+4 Mega Damage, RoF 3, AP 10, Shots 45
    • Rocket Launcher (right shoulder, mounted)
    • 100/200/400, RoF 1, AP 6, Shots 2, 5d6 Mega Damage, SBT, Snapfire.
    • 2 spare missiles in camp
    • WI - GL20, Automatic Grenade Launcher (left forearm, mounted)
    • 60/120/240, Variable Damage, RoF 3, AP 2, Shots 40
    • AP ( ); FRAG ( ); HE ( ); PLASMA ( )
    • TX-22 Precision


Last edited by PFC Fox Simmons on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:58 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Notice 11
Notice 1d6 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6)
Ace 1d6 (5)


Hearing the report of a group stranded in the flames, Herra steels herself for a rescue. Perhaps this is why the spirits brought them along the more difficult path, "We must render assistance, surely they will burn otherwise."

She taps her driver on the shoulder and points in the direction of the van, "Let's go.”

_________________
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature


Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:21 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Notice 6
Notice 1d4 (4)
Explode 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (1)


Henry nods at Herra's words "Sure thing"
Drive 5
Drive 1d4 (3)
Wild 1d6 (5)


Henry eases the bike toward the van, carefully avoided ng any hot spots he pulls up next to it.

_________________
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.


Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:35 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Notice 10
Notice die 1d6 (6), Ace 1d6 (3), Wild die 1d6 (6), Ace 1d6 (4)

Calyx settled back in to his seat as they got past and away from the playful fire elementals. He thought that maybe they were past the worst of it. Whether that was true or not, there was still more to see, however. He pulled out his binoculars as he sort of spied something in the distance. He pulled them and peered through them in, eyes narrowing a bit. He frowned as he saw the same thing that was mentioned - no tracks. Sure, it was possible that the tracks were burned away - no, actually, unless they had been driving through thick grass or something that got burned away, it wasn't really an option.

He nodded at Herra's words over the coms and replied in kind. "Of course we go - however...we should take some care. Could be a trap."

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:59 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
Notice: 5
Notice: 1d8+2 = 3 (1)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Running out in front of his companions SnackHappy makes his way to the Van and lifts it. "Perhaps you should stand down lest you be crushed by our might!"


OOC Comments
The first one who takes a shot at any of us, I intend to crush them immediately and without warning with the Van.

_________________
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver
Skills: Notice d8, Repair d8 +2, Knowledge(Electronics) d6, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium RailGun (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 3d10+4, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Mini-Missile Launchers (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 5d6, RoF 1, AP 6, 12 Shots, Mega Damage, SBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Ammo:
    59 mini-missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower

Credits: 7,790

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Peace, Spill the Beans, Renown
Bennies: 2/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:32 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
When Snackhappy first comes trundling up, two of the men charge forward, slamming their makeshift weapons into Sasha's legs. This has, if anything, even less effect than one might expect--the wood and wire just bounces off, but the long metal pole with a weight at the end (stamped, for some reason, with the number 3) just bends at the middle. At this, the woman shouts at them, "Hey! What did we say about not trying to start a fight until we were sure they need an asskicking?" The men nod, muttering a "Sorry, boss" and walk dejectedly back to the van. As SnackHappy bends over to lift it up, the woman grins at him and nods. "Thanks! If you can get us to the next town, that'd be awesome!"

The men all jump in the side-door as Sasha starts to lift, the first two pulling in the others as the van raises up. As expected, Sasha has no trouble hauling the vehicle, which clearly is not well-suited to combat.

OOC Comments
Refresh Bennies and your Adventure Cards NOW. I'll be posting final EP/XP tallies tomorrow.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:41 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
Notice 6, ignores all concealment
Echo Notice Roll: 1d12+1 = 6 (5)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 4 (3)


Echo stays back a bit concerned there may be more trouble than appears. Looking around for signs of an ambush or other threats. Not seeing anything obvious she ride over to their location. "Hello all, we are with The Tomorrow Legion. I am Echo, this is..."

After introducing the team Echo asks the question she is most curious about. "How did you guys get stuck here with completely disabled vehicle?"

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:16 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Calyx frowned slightly and then started laughing after the two men try to futilely attack Sasha. He was too far back to be heard when he spoke quietly by those in the van to which he took full advantage. "I mean...if you didn't want the weapons, there are easier ways t'get rid of 'em!" Then he heard what the woman said from SnackHappy - or he just continued to improvise what he thought was being said. "We need a ride in your...El Truck-o...to the next...El Town-o."

He snorted as he watched them scramble around and back in to the vehicle. "Oh, hey, don't forget your weapon pieces!" He let out a chuckle. "Like a reverse Mandarin fire drill. Wait...no, that's not right. What were they called again? Silly Pre-Cataclysm people." He shook his head and gave up.

He was, however, actually interested in what they had to say in response to Echo, so he shut up and waited.

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:57 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
As you clear the last of the brushfire, you end up traipsing through the flatlands with Sasha carrying the van, which continues to pump out music like the world's largest boombox. The Rowdy Three (as the four men are apparently collectively called) take turns standing on top of the van as it's being carried, moving in a way that could theoretically be considered a dance. The woman--who introduces herself as Amanda--sems to be in charge of them, to the extent that one can be in charge of a group of erratic, arguably deranged lunatics.

To Echo's question, she grins. "Oh, well, you know, we had to take a left, because we were trying to put some distance between us and the surviving boxknights--those guys just do not give up, even with the evil wizard dead, I tell you--and all of a sudden those idiots from Blackwing are pouring out of the allyway to the right, all guns and black helmets and whatnot. And there was a Corgi in the middle of the road ahead. And, well, taking a left is almost always a bad idea, but sometimes you're stuck with it, and that's how we got here." Ah, so that's how you end up as the leader of a group of lunatics--you become one yourself. (Also, anyone with mystic senses can tell that this young woman has both PPE and ISP, and seems to be regenerating both at a remarkable rate.)

Eventually, you do come to a small settlement that appears to have a mechanic. Amanda thanks you all for the lift, and gives SnackHappy a kiss on the cheek, whispering something in his ear as she does so. Leaving the van with the befuddled mechanic, you continue on your way to Hochatown, still another day and a half of travel away.

The Whisper
She distinctly tells SnackHappy to "Sin is bad for you."


Fortunately, there's no further excitement along the road. Coming over a ridge, you see the town--a mix of Golden Age MDC construction, ramshackle impromptu post-Crisis buildings and then a few newer buildings that seem to be of a more modern design. There's a large, placid lake (over which you can see a pair of Ley Lines, though the Nexus is about a mile or so way from any of the shores, and neither line passes over any part of the town). A string of docks along the shore--which seem, in some cases, to be made from the tops of otherwise submerged buildings--serve as berths for fishing boats. You can see other boats of various sizes on the water.

The town has a bit of sprawl to it--farmsteads on the southern edge spread out more than is usual for settlements out this way, indicating a safer-than-average wilderness in the immediate region. There doesn't seem to be any of the sorts of large-scale industrial farming you'd find in CS territory in Iowa, though--just smaller farms that probably are just a bit above sustenance level in terms of how much food they produce--the town itself is probably a net importer of food.

The town's layout is erratic, to say the least--while there's a couple wide thoroughfares, much of the town seems to be built in tight clusters of buildings with narrow alleyways between them. As you approach, you see a fair number of bikers and horse-riders sporting gear with a simple symbol painted on the sides--a large, rough circle with a "W" that touches the edges of the circle at all the points. The riders are clearly watching you all as you approach, but don't make actual hostile moves. You'd say half of them are mutated animals of some sort--mostly dogboys, of course, but you also see bear-men, battlecats and even a few rats riding and walking around town.

The toughs seem to interact with the townsfolk very little, if there's not something they specifically want--instead, they go about their business (which appears to mostly be drinking and partying in the mid-afternoon, along with small brawls between gang members) and the townsfolk do their own thing, which is far more typical of a settlement. The gangers don't mix with the town, they just sort of move through it without causing a lot of damage or disturbance, like globules of oil being stirred in a bucket of water.

As you get into the town proper, the woman whose image you were shown comes walking up, with a cautious smile. "You're the, ah, outside investigators I was told to expect?" Her voice has a faint drawl to it, casual and easygoing. You note she's wearing an armored overcoat and a laser pistol, with a vibroknife in her boot; there's a sheriff's badge visible on her shirt, under the coat. "Come on over to my office. You can park over by Aggie's saloon." She points to one of the many drinking establishments, which seems to have fewer bikers clustered around it than the others. "Aggie's got rooms set up for you folks, too, once we've talked."

She lets you park as advised, before motioning for you all to follow her to the small jail/sheriff's office building.

Attachment:
Sheriff.jpg
Sheriff.jpg [ 87.92 KiB | Viewed 569 times ]


OOC Comments
On a Notice Success, you'll also spot some more exotic mutated animals here, both in the gangs and in the townsfolk, including a couple snake-men in gang colors and one shopkeeper who seems to be of armadillo extraction.

On a Notice Raise, you also realize that maybe 10-20 percent of the bandits are sporting either Juicer Rigs or MOM implants.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am
Posts: 77
Reply with quote
Notice 18
Notice at +2 due Scent
Notice: 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
    Ace: 1d6+8 = 14 (6)
      Re-Ace: 1d6+14 = 18 (4)
Result: 18 - Success with 3 Raises.


"Pack Leader Snackhappy, about one in 7 bandits are either a Juicer or a Crazy. There are also some REALLY exotic mutant animals here. Just from the chances of them all moving here, I would think there must be a laboratory nearby. I will keep my nose to the air and see what else I can sniff out."

_________________
Growler
Main Character: Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber
Charisma: -2 (-4/-6); Pace: 8 [10] (d10) ; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19 (8)
ISP: 4 / 10

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
  • -1 due Extra Effort on Missing! Day 1

OOC Comments
Skills
  • Notice: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 for Traps)
  • Survival: 1d8 (+2 With Woodsman)
  • Tracking: 1d8 (+2 with Scent; +2 in Wilderness)
  • Stealth 1d10 (+2 in Wilderness or Urban)
  • Fighting: 1d12
  • Shooting: 1d12
  • Knowledge (Arcana): 1d4
  • Psionics: 1d8
  • Intimidation: 1d6
  • Taunt: 1d6

Abilities
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 ISP/5 Minutes)
  • Slow Regeneration (Natural Healing Roll Each Day)
  • +4 vs. Fear, Mind Control, and Magic
  • +2 for Fighting, Shooting, and Throwing rolls, but only to offset Called Shot penalties

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature


Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:33 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
Echo nods as the lady explains how she became the leader of the group. "They have such amazing grace. You are fortunate to have such friends."





Notice 11, ignores all concealment
Echo Notice Roll: 1d12+1 = 11 (10)
Notice Wild Die: 1d6+1 = 2 (1)


Under her armor Echo changes to her favorite human form, an attractive Latin woman she had seen in many pre-rifts vids, then she takes off her helmet and sits down to allow for some face to face conversation. Looking over at the place mentioned with the rooms Echo stays quite waiting for details or until begin or Snackhappy gives direction for conversation. She had a couple questions and did not know if the Sheriff was going to be able to answer them.

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:57 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Calyx thought the place looked interesting, if a bit odd and ramshackle. He'd never seen roofs of submerged buildings used as docks before! He looked around carefully and with a keen eye towards the bikers as they come in to town. He climbed out of the battlebike and gave a bit of a stretch, looking around one more time, noting all the unusual amounts and varieties of mutant animals as well as 'enhanced' persons.

He nodded and smiled at the woman who came up to them. "Yes ma'am, we are indeed. I'm Calyx, pleased t'meetcha an' much obliged." He couldn't seem to help it - her drawl was bringing out a bit of drawl in his own speech patterns. "Snack Happy there tends t'technically be the leader, but we don't tend t'stand on ceremony too much."

Notice 11
Notice die 1d6 (6), Ace 1d6 (5), Wild die 1d6 (2).

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:34 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 125
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice 1d6 (5)
Wild 1d6 (2)


With little choice Herra follows the Sheriff to her office, eager to start the investigation. As they walk, the mind melter notices the high propensity of mutant animals and nods in ascent to Growler's observation of a nearby lab. "If such a facility exists it could also be related to disappearances for experiments." She goes quiet for a moment as she recalls those who were selected for bio-wizardy transmutation, thrown into vats and emerging with many disfigurements of the mind and body. Hopefully, that was not the case here. "If so, then we must act. Even more so if it is a Coalition facility. However, let us consider the facts first."

_________________
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature


Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice 1d4 (2) +2 from alertness
Wild 1d6 (5) +2 from alertness

Henry looks around, a bit surprised at the sheer number of D-Bees. He expertly parks the battle bike next to the saloon then falls in with the group going into the sheriff's office. He pulls off his helmet and takes in a breath of fresh smoke-free air, mentally making a note to explore the ley lines when he gets a chance.

_________________
signature
Legion Rank: Specialist 2nd Class: 330/wk
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left: 0
Race: Yaahl
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d8 (advance from Hinderances), Smarts d8 (1 bonus die from race), Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace:6 (Flying 8); Parry:4 ; Toughness:5 ; Strain: 0
Base P.P.E. 20 (5 from Power Points Edge) Base I.S.P. 20 (Bonus 10 from F&G roll)

Skills:
Mysticism d10 (IF)
Fighting d4
Notice d4
Streetwise d4
Lockpicking d6
Psionics d8 (IF)
Intimidation d4
Stealth d8
Driving d4
Climbing d6

Alertness (IF) Not much gets by your hero. He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.
Danger Sense (IF) Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs. If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).
Rapid Recharge (IF, PPE Only) Requirements: Seasoned, Spirit d6+, Arcane Background This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.
Thief (Hinderances)
Power Points P.P.E. (Advancement)

Powers:
Magic:
Bolt- Soul Blast trapping
Soul Blast
Boost/Lower Trait (Autoraise due to F&G roll) BOOST/LOWER TRAIT– GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT Deflection DEFLECTION–GREATER DEFLECTION Smite SMITE–GREATER SMITE
Psionics:
Clairvoyance Dispel Quickness

The Yaahl can shape shift with an action into the form of a raven (use the following stat-block):
Physical Attributes: Agility d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d12+4, Stealth d8
Pace: —; Parry: 5; Toughness: 2
Treasure: None
Special Abilities:
Clever Bird: Ravens and other corvids are among the
smartest of birds. Among their abilities in this regard is
vocal mimicry. Shapeshifted Yaahl can speak well enough
to be understood, and may even make use of PPE-based
Arcane Backgrounds at -2 to the roll. Psionics are
not hindered at all.
• Scavengers: If holding to Raven form for at least half
of their waking hours, the Yaahl makes Survival rolls at +2.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Flying: Flying Pace 8”.
• Size –2: Corvids can measure up to 2’ in
height, though most are closer to 1.
• Small: Attackers suffer a –2 penalty to
attack rolls because of the beast’s size.


Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice
1d4+2 = 3 (1)

WD Notice
1d6+2 = 5 (3)

Chok'lat dismounts when parked, stretching his legs and making an obnoxious noise about it. "Was a long ride. Chok'lat's tired of being stuck in that thing. Maybe we go do something fun now? Fun, like, being good. Not like beating prisoners. Chok'lat don't do that no more." He glances around at the assortment of anthropomorphic animals wandering around. "There's lots of things ain't human here. How do snakes make arms and legs?"

_________________
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Bennies: 4 (+1 interlude)
Current Status:
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 12, 9 without shield
Toughness: 19 (6), +6 vs ranged
Weapon in Hand:
NG-L5 Laser Rifle: Range 25/50/100; Damage: 3d6; AP 1; ROF: 1; Shots: 20; Weight: 14 lbs; Notes: min Str d6, Semi Auto
Shield of Faith
Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day: The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Cutting in Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature


Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:24 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 (4)
Wild: 1d6 (5)
+2 if in Sasha when doing it.

"The name's Jacob. Crew calls me SnackHappy on my not eating so much." He chuckles and pats his large gut.

Patting growler on the shoulder. He motions for him to stay outside as a lookout. Never too sure of what they are walking into.

As they get inside and sit down after pleasantries he nods to Echo allowing her to take charge of the conversation as it has never been his strong suit and he finds it best to let his men shine where they shine.

_________________
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver
Skills: Notice d8, Repair d8 +2, Knowledge(Electronics) d6, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium RailGun (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 3d10+4, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Mini-Missile Launchers (chest) | (Range 100/200/400, Damage 5d6, RoF 1, AP 6, 12 Shots, Mega Damage, SBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Ammo:
    59 mini-missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower

Credits: 7,790

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Peace, Spill the Beans, Renown
Bennies: 2/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 am
Posts: 118
Reply with quote
Fox is the other one of the Joker's that does not go inside. Fox and SAMAS are instead perched atop of Sasha's right shoulder.

With the thrusters revved down and the glide wings folded in, SAMAS looks like another of Sasha's heavy weapon systems, albeight a very large one.

Fox throttles down power to 15% and throws on the diagnostics and scanners through SAMAS's HUD. Opening up the controls, Fox begins systems checks of all the engines, fuel lines and moving parts. Next he goes through cleaning and functionality checks of all the weapon systems and external gear. Flying through a wild fire is cause for concern on all equipment.

Repair 4
Fox will climb out of SAMAS and inspect the exterior of Sasha.
Cleaning the exterior and the weapons systems as best he can, in the time he has.
  • Repair 1d6 (4)
  • Wild 1d6 (1)

_________________
PFC "Fox" Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
Human/Clone, MARS Powered Armor Soldier, CS SAMAS Pilot
Rank: Veteran Specialist 2nd Class
Payscale: 495/wk
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Strain: 6/8

Hindrances: Clueless, Cautious, Loyal

Notice d8 (+2 conditional), Common Knowledge d8 (+2 conditional), Intimidation d4, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
    Command
  • Command: Allies: +1 Spirit to recover from Shaken.
  • Tactician: Wild Card, Draw Bonus Action Cards for Teammates use.
  • Natural Leader: Share Bennies with Troops under his command.
    SAMAS/Pilot
  • Power Armor Jock: Negate -2 to Agility and all skill rolls while wearing PA.
  • Ace: +2 to Piloting PAs, May spend Bennies to Soak.
  • Combat Ace: Ignore MAP for Piloting and Shooting in same round.
  • Rock and Roll!: No Move during Round, May ignore penalty for firing Full Auto.

Bennies: 5/5

    Adventure Cards: Q3-2018
  • (33) - Extra Effort - Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (35) - Sieze the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • (16) - Turncoat - Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc..

| 2017Q4 | 5 XP (30) - Seasoned 3 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q1 | 5 XP (35) - Seasoned 4 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q2 | 7 XP (42) - Veteran 1 | 3 EP (?) | |


SAMAS
    SAMAS
  • Strength d12+5 *
    • SAMAS Fortune and Glory: Strong and Powerful
    • * Str die Increase
    • Brawny: ** +1 Toughness, Carry 8 times Str.
  • Size: 2, Pace: 10 (1d8), Flight: 25, Climb 2, Parry: 6, Toughness: 10+10 MDC **

    Weapons
    • Light Rail Gun (right forearm, handheld)
    • 100/200/400, 2d10+4 Mega Damage, RoF 3, AP 10, Shots 45
    • Rocket Launcher (right shoulder, mounted)
    • 100/200/400, RoF 1, AP 6, Shots 2, 5d6 Mega Damage, SBT, Snapfire.
    • 2 spare missiles in camp
    • WI - GL20, Automatic Grenade Launcher (left forearm, mounted)
    • 60/120/240, Variable Damage, RoF 3, AP 2, Shots 40
    • AP ( ); FRAG ( ); HE ( ); PLASMA ( )
    • TX-22 Precision


Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:03 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
Sheriff Montrose motions for all of you who go inside to grab seats where you can--Snackhappy will need to sit on a long bench along the wall that would normally accommodate three or four people; everyone else has a wide selection of hard wooden chairs.

She pulls out a small tablet and passes it over to Echo, who has been indicated as the primary speaker. "Here's the details, but let me give you the overview. Over the last six months, we've had about a dozen disappearances. Now, one or two wouldn't raise an eyebrow--people move on sometimes. But some of these folks were well-settled here, with no reason to leave. What's worse, the pace is increasing--we've had four disappear this month."

She looks out the window. "I've been Sheriff here for five years. During that time, I've had to pull my pistol 4 times, and only had to shoot it once. I know it might seem strange to outsiders, but we have a good thing going with the Wildlings. They keep the area clear of hostiles, and are smart enough to not shit where they eat. Now, I'm not painting them all rose-colored. They're bandits, and I'm sure they pluck a fair bit of what they spend here from folks traveling through their turf. But they're civilized, as far as bandits go--they actually have deals worked out with some of the bigger merchants, who make sure to come through town itself. Long as they do that, and pay the gang off, they get safe passage. It's crude, but honestly, it ain't all that much different than taxation, 'cept they don't make a lot of rules on everyone else."

A pause. "My job's mostly keeping the peace. If one of 'em starts acting up in town, I usually tip off their band's leader, and remind them how good it is to have a safe place to fall back to. The leader cuffs the troublemaker, and everything stays quiet. But this... This is putting folks on edge. The bands all swear they ain't had anything to do with it, and I gotta say, that seems more than likely the truth--like I said, they know this is a good deal for them. If it was a dead body left in a ditch, I might think someone got a little too drunk or their implants acted up. But this... just taking 'em, quietly? Don't make no sense at all. I got a feelin' in my gut'; somethin' sour's going down."

"I'm getting desperate, here. We've been having more fights, particularly between the more paranoid townsfolk and the more bull-headed bandits. No one's died, yet, but it's only a matter of time--and when that happens, this whole thing could turn into a powderkeg. The townsfolk have numbers, but the gangers... well, you've seen 'em. Better armed, better at fighting, and most of the band leaders are Juicers or Crazies. Even if the townsfolk won, we'd have more dead left here than alive, and whoever won would probably be bait for the Coalition in the aftermath."

She grimaces. "You may've noticed all the animal-folk here. About 10-15 years ago, there was a massive break from Lone Star. One large group of them--all kindsa breeds--stuck together, and made their way here. There was a small human settlement, built on the ruins of a Golden Age town that used to be here; the two groups joined up for mutual defense. The Wildlings were a smaller gang, then, but they had a lot of dogboys, what they call 'Freeborns'; when they found this town, full of animal-folk, they were intrigued, and decided to stay and party instead of just trashing the joint. The relationship kinda just grew from there. Sometimes, one of the kids from town--especially the animal folk--decides he wants to join a band. Sometimes an older ganger decides he's had enough of the life and settles here. Blurred the lines a little bit, made it easier to keep the peace. and the gangs are just strong enough to be more trouble than it'd be worth for the Cee-Ess to try and clear us all out, without being so strong that they pose a threat. It tips too far in either direction, though, and they'll come down on us all."

She massages her temples; you get the impression she hasn't slept much lately. "I'll be happy to answer any questions y'all got, if I can. And like I said, you can stay in the rooms over Aggie's saloon, use that as your base of operations. If you find out what's going on, if there's time, feel free to come get me and I'll help you out. If you gotta act, well, do what you need to. If these people are being held someplace, then rescue 'em; if they're dead, then give 'em justice, and make the rest of the town safe. Even if it gets sticky, once things are settled I should be able to get folks back on an even keel."

Looking over the information on the tablet, you get a list of names, family information, residences, some quick biographical notes, and so on, for each of the missing people, including details on when they were reported missing and initial investigations Sheriff Montrose made. There's no real discernable pattern, beyond a relative certainty that the disappearances happen when people are alone--there don't seem to be any dual vanishings, for instance. A married victim might have disappeared while out on an errand, and so forth.

OOC Comments
Okay, so, traditionally, a mystery like this would have me drop clues for you all to put together. Either I'd do it sloppy and you'd guess right away and shortcut everything and making for a boring game with no tension, OR I'd make it too obscure and you'd hie off after one red herring after another, and I'd have to try to railroad you back to the right solution without letting on that that's what I'm doing. In my experience as a GM, in maybe five percent of the cases do you get the right balance between mystery and brilliant deduction to actually play out properly.

Screw that noise.

Instead, we're doing this as a Dramatic Task, with a couple modifications.

The Lead Skill is Investigation, at -10 (pick your jaws up, there's more coming). The obvious choice for this is Fox (who has a d8 with Investigator). He gets to play Sherlock, sitting in the rooms at Angie's, and assembling all the clues. At the end of each Day, he makes an Investigation roll, logging successes. Once he gets to 5 successes/raises, you know what's going on.

What Clues, you as? Well, that's where the rest of you come in. Each Day, we will follow this process:

1: I flip cards for everyone.
2: If you get a Club, your character has a complication that comes into play. This may hinder or prevent you from participating in later steps (i've got a bit of a chart for determining the complication depending on the card drawn). If you get a Joker, your roll (below) is at +2 and everyone gets a Benny.
3: Each supporting character gets to describe their approach to investigating in a short post. Arcane and Fighting are both acceptable choices (the bar brawl to ingratiate yourself with the local bandits is a time-honored cinematic approach to things), but Shooting is probably a bit much. If you know what you want to do, but aren't sure about the Skill to roll, feel free to ask me for guidance.
4: You end that by making a roll at -2, applying any 'always on' bonuses, based on the Skill selected in Step 3. Each success/raise you get adds 1 to Fox's roll for that Day. Any individual can add as much as +4 to the roll (with a three-raise success), and there is no cap to the total group bonus to Fox's roll.
5: Fox makes his Investigation roll.
6: I give some hints as to where the investigation is leading you based on the number of accumulated successes.
We move on to the next Day.

Things are coming to a head, however. You've got five Days; at the end of that time, if you haven't cracked the case, Bad Things Happen.

Three special abilities in the party get some additional rules:
Fox can make an initial K: Battle roll for Tactician at the start of everything. Doing this gets him the usual bonus cards, which can then be swapped for people's flips during the investigation (presumably to evade possible complications). These are the only bonus cards you get, though--Quick, Level-Headed and Improved Level-Headed don't apply.
Henry gets a Benny. This is because he's not an idiot, and immediately uses his Mystic ability to cast Divination or Communion to try to cut to the heart of the matter, and quickly realizes that whatever is going on, it's being screened somehow. The Benny is in exchange for me not calling for a roll--I can pretty much guarantee you that unless you got multiple Aces, you'd fail anyway, and honestly, the story will suck if we just go with the one-shot kill to the mystery. You can still use the Divination ability on smaller aspects of the investigation, as your support role--"Where was Mary-May Beth-Ann Smythe when she was abducted?" is an example--it doesn't crack the case, but would give the trackers a location to work off of, and so on.
If you have I Know A Guy, you may use that (with the normal Streetwise roll) to gain an automatic Success on the Investigation Total, as a key bit of intel is dropped to you by the Guy You Know. This takes the place of your character's support roll for that Day.

A final note: The above all assumes that you're mostly going off on your own through the town, doing your own thing, and checking in via radio and at pre-arranged times. People who are clustered together may assist each other in complications, but because you're not casting as wide a net, each additional person in a particular cluster adds -1 to everyone's Support Roll in that cluster. (So if, say, Henry and Calyx stick together, they would both make their support rolls at -3 total, but if either of them gets a Club, they would have more options for dealing with it.)

What you should do now:

Any questions for me should be popped off in Hangouts or in the OOC discussion area. Any questions for the Sheriff, or preliminary actions taken as you settle in, should be posted in this thread (Sheriff questions can also be asked in Hangouts, if you need a faster answer). Fox should make his Tactician roll and post it here, as well. Once that's up, I'll put up the Day One thread, with card-draws.
.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:42 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:53 am
Posts: 118
Reply with quote
With the details relayed and the mystery afoot, Fox relocates SAMAS to the top of Aggie's. Powering the SAMAS down to 20 percent and leaving the sensor array and HUD actively relaying to personal mini computer.

Fox setups up a table and clears the walls from a room with windows facing out into town. Posting up a rough sketch map of town, he marks off last known locations of the missing. Reviewing the files on his personal computer, Fox addresses the Jokers, "Well we need more information. Use what ever skills you have and radio back to me any details."

K/Battle 24
  • K/Battle 1d8 (4)
  • Wild 1d6 (6)
  • Ace Wild 1d6 (6)
  • Ace Ace 1d6 (2)
    Benny for Extra Effort
  • EE 1d6 (1)
    Adventure Card for Extra Effort
  • EE 1d6 (6)
  • Ace EE 1d6 (3)


Fox sits at the table with all the intel on hand, "I hate desk jobs."

_________________
PFC "Fox" Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
PFC Fox Simmons
Human/Clone, MARS Powered Armor Soldier, CS SAMAS Pilot
Rank: Veteran Specialist 2nd Class
Payscale: 495/wk
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 with claws); Toughness: 23 (6); Strain: 6/8

Hindrances: Clueless, Cautious, Loyal

Notice d8 (+2 conditional), Common Knowledge d8 (+2 conditional), Intimidation d4, Persuasion d4-2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
    Command
  • Command: Allies: +1 Spirit to recover from Shaken.
  • Tactician: Wild Card, Draw Bonus Action Cards for Teammates use.
  • Natural Leader: Share Bennies with Troops under his command.
    SAMAS/Pilot
  • Power Armor Jock: Negate -2 to Agility and all skill rolls while wearing PA.
  • Ace: +2 to Piloting PAs, May spend Bennies to Soak.
  • Combat Ace: Ignore MAP for Piloting and Shooting in same round.
  • Rock and Roll!: No Move during Round, May ignore penalty for firing Full Auto.

Bennies: 5/5

    Adventure Cards: Q3-2018
  • (33) - Extra Effort - Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • (35) - Sieze the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • (16) - Turncoat - Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc..

| 2017Q4 | 5 XP (30) - Seasoned 3 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q1 | 5 XP (35) - Seasoned 4 | 3 EP (1) | |
| 2018Q2 | 7 XP (42) - Veteran 1 | 3 EP (?) | |


SAMAS
    SAMAS
  • Strength d12+5 *
    • SAMAS Fortune and Glory: Strong and Powerful
    • * Str die Increase
    • Brawny: ** +1 Toughness, Carry 8 times Str.
  • Size: 2, Pace: 10 (1d8), Flight: 25, Climb 2, Parry: 6, Toughness: 10+10 MDC **

    Weapons
    • Light Rail Gun (right forearm, handheld)
    • 100/200/400, 2d10+4 Mega Damage, RoF 3, AP 10, Shots 45
    • Rocket Launcher (right shoulder, mounted)
    • 100/200/400, RoF 1, AP 6, Shots 2, 5d6 Mega Damage, SBT, Snapfire.
    • 2 spare missiles in camp
    • WI - GL20, Automatic Grenade Launcher (left forearm, mounted)
    • 60/120/240, Variable Damage, RoF 3, AP 2, Shots 40
    • AP ( ); FRAG ( ); HE ( ); PLASMA ( )
    • TX-22 Precision


Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:16 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 81
Reply with quote
Calyx found a seat and sat down, not really caring about placement or anything. He listened to the Sheriff speak and the his eyebrows shot up and his eyes widened. "FOUR in a month? Wow. That's a lot! No wonder tensions are high." He shook his head. "I'm sorry! I hope we can find everyone an' bring 'em back home safe for you."

He glanced at Echo and the Sheriff, "So no discernible pattern, alone when it happened....is there a map o'town on that pad? Maybe we can see if there's any possible triangulation point." He wasn't really a mystery-solving sort of guy and wasn't sure what he could add, but he would certainly try to help.

_________________
Calyx Calder
Character Summary
Human Zapper

Active effects:
Wounds::

Parry: 6 (7 w/ vambraces); Toughness: 16(9)
Weapon in hand: Vibro-Blade Vambraces or Kolytik

Edges: AB Psionics, Danger Sense, Luck, Major Psionics, Quick, Rapid Recharge, Rich

Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Telekinesis
ISP: 27/30

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 3

Adventure Card:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers


Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
She nods. "There is. It ain't heavily labeled, just the homes of the missing folks, but it should be enough to help you get around." On the map, the dozen marked homes are all spread out across town--there isn't an immediately relevant pattern, at the least.

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:35 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm
Posts: 159
Reply with quote
"We will do what we can to help. I know this must be frustrating to ensure, and no one wants to see their town under threat." Echo listens to the details that are available and asks some of the standard questions she would expect should be asked. trying to start the work early before heading out.

"With such flowing population have you noticed anyone that really stands out such as people that do not fit the bandit type normally attracted to this town?"

"Who are the known last people to see the missing people so we may see if we can identify information from them?"

"I know we need to be subtle in our investigation. But is there anyone else in the know or raising any kind of interest? Both people we should avoid as trouble makers and people who are also concerned would be good to know."

_________________
Character Summary
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d10+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Skills: Fighting d6, Healing d4+4, Intimidation d4, Notice d12+1, Persuasion d6+6, Shooting d4, Stealth d12+2, Streetwise d6+6, Survival d4, & Tracking d6+2. All others d4.
Spells & Powers: Metamorphosis Superior, Matter Shaping, and Energy Shaping at will.

Resource Tracking


GM Quick Reference


Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:55 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am
Posts: 1256
Reply with quote
Echo wrote:
"We will do what we can to help. I know this must be frustrating to ensure, and no one wants to see their town under threat." Echo listens to the details that are available and asks some of the standard questions she would expect should be asked. trying to start the work early before heading out.

"With such flowing population have you noticed anyone that really stands out such as people that do not fit the bandit type normally attracted to this town?"


"Not really. I mean, we've had new arrivals and normal, non-disappearing departures, of course. But no one's standing out."


Quote:
"Who are the known last people to see the missing people so we may see if we can identify information from them?"


"That much should be in the file for each of them, if I was able to figure it out. Hannity McGree, for instance, was last seen by about 30 people, as he staggered out of the Rampant Stallion, which was pretty typical for him. Got a few people who saw him in the street after that, but none of 'em were particularly clear on the timing, and I think he was in a Nip-haze." (If asked, she'll explain that the Rampant Stallion serves a fermented tea, just called 'Nip' by the locals, made from catnip that's very popular with most of the cat-breeds in town.)

Quote:
"I know we need to be subtle in our investigation. But is there anyone else in the know or raising any kind of interest? Both people we should avoid as trouble makers and people who are also concerned would be good to know."
[/quote]

"Well, most of 'em got kin or cronies or both in town, so yeah, lots of folks are trying to find out where their maw or brother or drinking buddy disappeared to. Wouldn't surprise me if some of 'em were less than pleased with my own lack of success, and were tryin' ta find out what happened themselves. But if they are, they ain't been telling me about it. But I can tell you this--ain't not one of the dog-boys been able to snuff out a trail more'n twenty yards long."

_________________
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 7/7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 2/2 (TI 1; PPE 10)
  • Synn 2/2
  • Lust 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Wrath 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Sloth 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 1/1 Burn: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: 2
  • Gluttony 1/1 Burn: 2





Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:25 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.