View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:10 am



Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 7. I Wanna Go Where The Creepy Are 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 374
Reply with quote
Conditions: It averages between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside of the clearing, but in the mid-to-high 70s within it. While in the clearing, a ley line runs through the party's camp.

Mapping the Swamp: The SET takes a few days to explore the area around the clearing, and you get a good idea of the general makeup of the swamp. With a combination of fliers, vehicle scanners, and good old-fashioned scouting, you are able to produce fairly detailed maps of the area. On the third day, you discover a trail wide enough that it could have once passed for a road before it became overgrown.

Kuikku's team (Kuikku, Conrad and Toshiro) scouts the trail on day four, and finds signs that the it has been used by vehicles recently, with the tracks becoming clearer the farther from the clearing they got. As they stop to remove some debris blocking the road, Toshiro gets sidetracked scouting down a trail looking for a way around when he discovers a raptor nest, with brutal results. He returns to the group just as Conrad finishes hauling the last of the major debris out if the way, when the rumble of an ATV can be heard from up ahead.

A moment later, an oversized Big Boss ATV comes roaring around the bend and comes to a hasty stop no more than fifty feet away, its tires kicking up mud as it skids to a halt. A tense moment passes before you hear the driver curse, loudly, and then pop open the door.

A massive Grackle Tooth emerges from the vehicle, nonchalantly carrying a plasma ejector as if it weighed nothing. She’s wearing some of the most elaborate body armor you have ever seen; it is beautiful, but its plates are placed at odd angles and it seems to shift color subtly as the light hits it, forcing you to focus or risk your eyes sliding right past her. She is not wearing a helmet, and her eyes don’t stray from Kuikku as she stands in the road looking somehow poised for action and simultaneously unconcerned.

”I was starting to think they weren’t gonna send anyone else after Wright went back. Sorry, you’d know him as Sir Wright, wouldn’t you? Thought maybe Coake forgot about us down here in the muck when Peter didn’t come back. Folks around here have been real worried, and it’s been getting worse…” she trails off. ”You were sent out here to finish what Peter started, weren’t you? Wait, why wasn’t he sent back with you?”

After a lengthy (and initially confusing) conversation, you learn several things:

  • Her name is Ma’arlys and she is a local trapper and hunter.
  • There is a town about ten miles up the road.
  • Many of the locals are sick with an odd disease that leaves them with painful sores and at least two people have died. The cause of the disease is unknown.
  • Peter of Wright, a Cyber-Knight of some renown (according to Ma’arlys), had visited their town on his way through the swamp. He employed Ma’arlys as a guide, and the two of them discovered that a certain plant could help lessen the effects of the disease. She explains that the plant has been picked clean around the town, but can still be found farther out.
  • While investigating, Peter and she got into a scrape with a local tribe of eco-wizards and barbarians who were chanting over the corpses of several dead animals and at least one townsperson (almost like some weird cult). The fight was fierce, and the barbarians fell back to the wild. She and Peter tracked the tribe back to the Jungle Castle, but even Peter did not want to go there unless in force. Disturbed by what he had seen, Peter determined he would head north, report back to Lord Coake via one of his connections, and return with help. That was over a month ago.
  • She likes to call Conrad “little brother.”


Note: Feel free to role play this and ask any additional questions you may have in your posts.

——————————————-

After their conversation with Ma’arlys, Kuikku and his team head back to the clearing. Ma’arlys has told them to come find her in town, and left an address of where to ask after her. She has a load of the curative plant to return to the townsfolk, but hopes the team can do something more to help.

As they enter the clearing, the now-familiar protective energy washes over them. When it reaches Toshiro who is sitting in the back of the Mountaineer, there is an audible “pop!” and the pressure in the clearing seems to change. The air becomes more muggy and the temperature begins to rise to the level of the rest of the swamp, and the faint cries of dying raptor hatchlings can be heard echoing through the clearing.

What Next?!

A simple success with Knowledge (Arcana) will tell you that the protective spell around the clearing has fallen! Furthermore, Kuikku may make a common knowledge roll with no modifier to recognize the name of Sir Peter. Anyone else who has significant experience with cyber-knights in their backstory may make a roll at -2 (if you were involved in the war at Tolkeen, for example). Finally, anyone who has experience with the swamp in their backstory may make a Common Knowledge roll to know about the Jungle Castle at -2. Anyone with Knowledge History (or something similar) may make a roll with no modifier.

What will you do with your newfound knowledge?

Note that the party begins this next portion of the adventure with all Fatigue recovered and at full ISP/PPE.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 8/9


Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:39 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 61
Reply with quote
Quiet Contimplation while Gift plays in the clearing
Its not often I get a chance to let Gift roam and romp. This clearing is a boon to be certain. Who knows I might get a good nights sleep.
I don’t think so Jareb. You see I sent some baby raptors and their parental units to attack a few of your comrades.
You would not do such a thing. Not even a darkness such as yourself would be so cruel. Baby raptors, by the celetial pantheon!
Not only would I but I did Angel. You know how this place gets when the innocent are slaughtered. You will never get a good night in my swamp Angel. Seek your fortunes elsewhere!

Jareb falls off a rocky perch while watching gift catching Tosh and the others walk into the clearing. Jareb laments as the protective barrier colapses and the natural swamp reasurts itself. ” I had one hour of peace. One hour...” He walks over to the returned group. He shakes their hands unexpectedly while putting Gift back in her pack. ” Thank you all for giving me that time. I know forces in this swamp align themselves against us. At every turn the shadow deepens and darkness grows like a thick moss. Comfort will be all but impossible to find and yet we did, and it was a blessing while it lasted.”

Jareb stores his gear and affixes his weapons in accessible hosters and straps. He smiles again looking longingly at the clearing, ” I suspect you found something. Lets have it out and make our move.”

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/20
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good RP


Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 122
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice = 6
Common Knowledge = 2
History = 7

Notice = 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild = 1d6 = 5 (5)

Smarts = 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild = 1d6 = 1 (1)

History = 1d4 = 4 (4)
Ace = 1d4+4 = 7 (3)
Wild = 1d6 = 4 (4)

Kuikku helps Conrad move the last of the fallen tree out of the way. Wiping the sweat of his brow he looks around for Toshiro. Seeing everyone is close at hand Kuikku starts to tell them to load back up when the roar of a large engine calls attention to itself. Watching the Big Boss slide to a stop Kuikku quietly activates his Cyber-Armor and wishes his helmet was closer. When the female Grackle Tooth gets out he glances at Conrad to gauge his reaction.

Upon hearing the name 'Sir Peter Wright' Kuikku shakes his head. "I am afraid I have not heard of Sir Wright but we were sent by the Tomorrow Legion. What can we help you with?” After a bit of a discussion there is finally an understanding of the situation. ”Well, we were sent here to look into some sort of cult and it sounds like you have encountered them. Before we get to that though what else can you tell us about this disease and the plants that help? When we go collect the rest of our group we can look for more and bring it with us.”

After getting further details on the disease and plant Kuikku starts asking a few more questions. ”I have heard of Jungle Castle but can you fill in a bit more. Where is it from your village? How many inhabitants did you see there? Can you tell us more about the defenses?”

When he gets as many details as Ma'arlys is able to give he nods. ”Ok, we will go and get the rest of our group and try to get to your village as quickly as possible. Based on the time and where everyone is I think we should be able to get there by this evening but it may be tomorrow some time. When we get there we will offer what help we can before working on the Castle itself. Travel in safety until we meet again.”

Climbing into the Mountaineer Kuikku kicks on the radio. ”Everyone head back to the clearing. We have finally encountered someone who has some information on the situation. While you head back be on the look out for (insert plant description) because they are needing as much of this as we can find.” As his group heads back Kuikku continues on the radio filling the rest in on what they have learned.

When the Mountaineer enters the clearing Kuikku hears the pop but is unable to tie it any specific trigger. ”It looks like the clearing has also decided that it is time to move on. We need to pack up all our stuff and head towards the village. If we work quick enough we should be able to get there before night fall and can move towards the Castle tomorrow morning. Let's get to it people.”

OOC Comments
I am sure our group will be able to take care of the Castle, after all I am leading. I also figure being in the truck Kuikku would not necessarily link Toshiro with the fall of the barrier.

Status
ISP: 10/10
Bennies: 5

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC


Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:56 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 655
Reply with quote
Common knowledge 1d8-2 = 5 (7)
1d6-2 = 3 (5)

Knowledge history 1d8 = 1 (1)
1d6 = 3 (3)

_________________
GM bennies 6/8


Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:44 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 374
Reply with quote
GM Mini Update:

In answer to Kuikku's questions, Ma'arlys says:

1) "What it's proper name is, I don't know. We call it the athen plant, and it's a weed that looks like a cross between scrub grass and baby wildflowers. Here, lemme show you." She grabs a handful of the plant and holds it out for you to see (or for Toshiro to record).

For Those Who Make Their Rolls: About the Jungle Castle
The jungle castle is actually the ruins of a pre-Rifts theme park, complete with a looming medieval-style castle. It has long been a landmark of the swamps, but in recent years has been known to be inhabited by all sorts of monsters, carnivorous plants, and other undesirables.


2) "The Jungle castle is about 20 miles from town through some dense swamps. As for its defenses, I couldn't tell you. Once he realized where we were headed, Peter didn't want to even get near the outer lot. I can tell you it's home to all kinds of nasty creatures and that folks who go in don't often come out. If the eco-wizards and barbarians are holed up there, they've either got powerful friends or they're a heck of a lot more numerous than just the ones Sir Wright and I encountered. "

For Those Who Make Their Rolls: About Peter of Wright
Sir Peter is well-known among the Cyber-Knights and is a member of Lord Coake's inner circle. He's young for such a lofty position, and he is known as more of a warrior than a diplomat. He stayed out of the Tolkeen War at Lord Coake's request and seems to have ended up in the Dinosaur Swamp at some point.


Now that Kuikku's team has returned and told you what's going on, you may assume that your characters all know the contents of the conversation with Ma'arlys.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 8/9


Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:17 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 61
Reply with quote
Jareb had everything ready to go. Pistols check, Tesla bow secured. Pack sinched, Gift secure with Mr. Diggles, and the sword of St. Cathrine—. Did Kuikku say Ma’aryls?
Jareb scratches his neck trying to be inconspiceuos about his questioning to the team, ” Say, this Grackle-tooth you met, didn’t happen to have a set of unique and shall we say elaborate armor?”

Who almost became Gifts protector
A beautiful and bold angel named Serina held the baby girl just birthed named gift. She looked out into the streets of El Paso for here she was certain desitny would provide her with a worthy protector for the baby gift. Standing next to her was a flamwind dragon newly hatched her protector.

Serina nodded to the dragon who was clearly figiting as they waited near a magical animal stable. ” Grynn, stop nosing those bridles, some of them may wipe your memory and alter your form for days on end. I can feel the one we are desitined to meet is approaching.”

Sure enough moments later a female Grackletooth came walking up to the two. She seemed a bit confused but said, ” Rex over in the pit and bulls said you might have a job?”

Serina calmly nodded, ” Time is short so I will be direct. This...” She holds forth the baby girl, ” Needs a protector and I am in need of one who is noble and willing to be her adoptive parent.”

The grackletooth chuckled, ” So that is me?” Her question was less than increduleous and carried a hint of intrest.

The angel Serina nodded, ” Oh yes it is, and it is not without compensation.” She waved her hands and a set of beautiful and exquisit armor appeared next to the grackletooth. ” Know this, the baby is a True Atlantean removed decades from her time. There are those that will seek this child for unseemly power. Here in the future I hope she can remain hidden, but even so a worthy protector must always be by her side and care for her. The magics of time travel have stunted her growth to a level beyond the atlanteans.” Serina clutched her wrist where her braclet of time lay... ” Time is running short, what do you say?”

The Grackletooth looked at the armor in wonder, then the baby, angel and dragon. Her lips set in rugged dermination opened, ” I Ma’aryls do...” The rest of her words never got a chance to form as a drunken Angel and naked succubi, bowled into her and the others whilest riding a robo horse.

Somehow the drunk angel ended up with the baby Gift in hand. Serina recogonized the fallen 13th general of the celestial armies almost immediately with a scowl, ” Jareb, you scourge! Un hand that baby. She is a gift, and deserves a valiant protector like Ma’aryls.”

Jareb glanced down at the baby and it tugged on his nose. His face sobered quickly and he made a choice that would forever alter his life, ” Sounds good Serina, looks like you are out of time, but I will protect this Gift!” To the angels chargrin he tosses the baby in the air while she giggles all the way up and down. But as he said her time ran out and she disappeared.

The female Grackletooth was less than amused, ” Jareb was it? Give me that baby and we can forget this incident.”
She cocks her plasma rifle, not yet aiming it at him.

Jareb pulled his naked demonic ally in close for a smooch and then looked at the Grackletooth. ” Ma’aryls right? Thats what Serina called you ... I got this, the kid likes me.” Gift giggled and blew spit bubbles up at Jareb. Jareb laughed,” Plus if you want her you better sprout wings, lets go Lilith!” He and his succubi friend took to the sky on their magetic respective white feathered and black leather wings. The last thing Ma’aryls saw was the two tossing gift like a football while laughing flying through the air.

In case you were wondering what happened to the dragon? After the robo horse crashed into the gaggle of folks and the bridle stall, yup you guessed it the dragon ended up with a bridle on it that trapped it in the future as a docile psi-pony. Soon to be sold to the Halloways, and in a few years freed by a mystic named Ashlyn.

Jareb clearly looks a bit nervous. I was an ass back then, maybe she doesn’t even remember... No of course she will remember. Hopefully she does not shoot first and gives me a chance to show that I am a better individual. Nevertheless Jareb’s qualms aside he is ready to head to the village.

Kn History 1d8 = 7 (7) wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
Notice Roll: 1d8 = 2 (2) wild 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/20
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good RP


Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 63
Reply with quote
Notice 10
Notice 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 10 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)


Common Knowledge 11
Smarts 1d12 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6+6 = 11 (5)


***

The others rolled back into the clearing and Sierra waved to them from where she was sunbathing on the roof of one of the vehicles. She tilted her head as she thought she heard something like a pop sound, but couldn’t be sure over the sound of the vehicle.

“Cool. Finally something to do other than fly circles!” the redheaded burster said, grabbing up her new TW clothes and duster and getting dressed. “Is it just me, or is it actually getting a little warm and muggy here now?”

Sierra helped top off their water supply before climbing into the air conditioned vehicle with her gear. “So, Conrad, you gonna hit up that girl-grackle? Is she cute? I bet you could tap that! I mean, how many eligible grackle bachelors are there out here in the middle of nowhere? I bet she has an itch needs scratching.”

Sierra sipped at a bottle of tequila.

***

Conditions
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Parry: 5; Toughness: 7
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Card
  • Mechanical Malfunction: A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.


Everything Burns
1d10 = 5 (5)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 3 (2, 1) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
Tyraxas' eyes perk up as he hears the pop. "It would appear the protection of this place is no longer in effect. It seems an arbitrary time for such a spell to expire." He stands from his previous prone position. "It is time we are off. I shall follow above you all. Perhaps, for the purposes of tranquility, you might stop outside of the village before we arrive, and allow me to assume a less impressive form?" He stretches his wings and prepares to take flight.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:47 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 374
Reply with quote
Update for Sierra, Toshiro and anyone else with Danger Sense: When you do your notice roll for this post, please include the -2 modifier for Danger Sense and an Agility roll if you succeed on your Notice roll. You may use bennies on the rolls as normal. Do not worry about narrating the Danger Sense roll, as that will be for next scene. Thanks!

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 8/9


Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 29
Reply with quote
Notice 9 (11 on sight), Agility 10
Notice Roll
Notice 1d8 = 4 (4) (+2 from Cyber, -2 for Danger Sense)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace! 1d6+6 = 9 (3)

Agility 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace! 1d6+6 = 10 (4)


Toshiro grabs his new shotgun, and takes cover when the ATV approaches from down the road. When Ma'arlys appears carrying the plasma ejector, he releases the safety on the weapon. However, as it becomes clear that she is not going to attack, Toshiro steps out from behind cover, though he doesn't engage the safety or take his finger off the trigger until the strangers pack up and go.

Toshiro stays silent during the exchange, but he snaps a couple of photos and a short video of the restorative plant when Ma'arlys shows it to the legionnaires. He rubs his fingers along the subject matter port implanted on the left side of his head. Not for the first time he laments the loss of his chip stash, leaving him with only what he had in when Veritas dropped him in the jungle.

That medical database would have come in handy right about now...

Neither the 'Jungle Castle' nor 'Sir Wright' rings any bells with Toshiro. He had been to the Dinosaur Swamp only once on a caravan trip before the incident, but that had been such a failed undertaking that Toshiro's father had never done business in the area again.

Toshiro throws his shotgun into the back and climbs back into the Mountaineer. When they roll into the clearing, Toshiro hears the pop of the protective spell. Although the others probably hear it, he is likely the only one to recognize the sound of baby raptors. He immediately knows why the spell has failed.

He rolls his eyes as he hops out of the mountaineer.

Stupid spirit doesn't understand mercy when it sees it.

He makes no effort to explain what happened to the rest of the legion. After all, they had put so much effort into saving the T-rexes. He doubts they'd appreciate the story.

Toshiro first makes for the spring, and after inspecting it to make sure the water flowing from it is still pure despite the failure of the spell, he fills his canteen and whatever water stores the Legion has. He then helps to break camp, and spends an extra time before leaving search for the plant Ma'arlys showed to them.

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/3;

Parry: 6
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
+1 for 'excellent writing'
-1 For EE on Fear check

Aventure Cards:
Villianous verbosity: Play on an opposing wild card to cause them to lose their action talking about there master plan.
Renown: Play after some heroic event. Gain +1 charisma with people who have heard of you.

Edit Signature


Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 138
Reply with quote
Danger Sense 3 (fail)
Notice 1d8-2 = 0 (2)
Wild 1d6-2 = 0 (2)

Benny
1d8-2 = 3 (5)
Wild 1d6-2 = 0 (2)


Knowledge Arcana 6
K/Arcana
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)


Norona gasps as the protective magic from the clearing wanes. He knows one of their group, or some other factor, has removed the blessing and it saddens him deeply. While now is not the time to cast judgement upon his group, there would need to be a restitution at some point. For now, the cultists and the blight of shadows remains the focus. News of the blight affecting the town makes him think for a moment, and the mention of cultists cause his pointed ears to perk up even further, "No doubt this is connected to our mission. I will search for the aten plant as we head for the town."

Making his way along the ground, rather than in his hover cycle, Norona and Zoffa scout the areas for the plant in question. As they uncover some he takes a few minutes to examine it for any medicinal or magical properties.

Survival 7
Survival 1d8+2 = 7 (5)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:55 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 240
Reply with quote
Deezy listens to the story, fidgeting with some tools in her hands all the while until it's complete. Everyone starts gathering up their stuff and getting ready to go, so she follows suit.

"You know, it seems to me what we need is some really good intel-gathering!" she puts forward to the others. "I've been messing around with a sort of 'eye in the sky' type thing that could fit the bill! Just give me the word and I'll get it together and plug it in and we'll see what we can find out!"

(Clairvoyance gadget, anyone? :))

Notice 7
1d8 = 7 (7) or 1d6 = 1 (1)

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 63
Reply with quote
Common Knowledge 6
Smarts 1d12 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


***

Danger Sense 8
Held from previous roll.


Agility 6
Agility 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)
Benny for EE 1d6+5 = 6 (1)

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 am
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 325
Reply with quote
danger sense
1d8-2 = 5 (7)
1d6-2 = -1 (1)


Least Jameson’s mapping software is working he mused , Can’t go into a jungle without expecting to run into trees at times in places you don’t want em. As he cleared it away,
If nobody saw it fall, did it make a sound? He chuckled to himself

As they heard a noise up ahead, Conrad moved back to the Mountaineer, prepping the Rail Gun just in case of trouble
As the Big Boss ATV arrived, Conrad’s eyes bulged as he saw Ma’arlys get out wielding the Plasma Ejector. Of course, when she spoke he wasn't happy.

‘little brother indeed’ Conrad grumbled mentally

Jungle castle meant nothing to him, but he’d heard of Sir Peter Wright from some of the Knights he’d met during the war of Tolkeen. If their leader doesn’t recognise the name from his order, Conrad fills him in with the info he knew.

When they return, he heard the loud pop even inside the ATV; what the frak was that?
He left it to Kuikku to explain whom they had met and the circumstances whilst he checked over the ATV in case the pop was anything to do with the vehicle. He didn't think it was and no sensors had gone off, but always wisest to check.

Jareb wrote:
Jareb scratches his neck trying to be inconspiceuos about his questioning to the team, ” Say, this Grackle-tooth you met, didn’t happen to have a set of unique and shall we say elaborate armor?”


"yeah, that's her chummer." Conrad confirms to Jareb his worst fears with a smile on his face and complete obliviousness to the impact on Jareb.

Sierra Mackenzie wrote:
“Cool. Finally something to do other than fly circles!” the redheaded burster said, grabbing up her new TW clothes and duster and getting dressed. “Is it just me, or is it actually getting a little warm and muggy here now?”


“Funny you should say that chummer, thought I heard some raptor cries when we arrived. Maybe it was a temporary thing. Norona would know.” He looked around and when he spotted him …
“Hey Norona,” he called over to the elf, “any idea why it’s stopped being temperate in the clearing chummer?”

Sierra Mackenzie wrote:
Sierra helped top off their water supply before climbing into the air conditioned vehicle with her gear. “So, Conrad, you gonna hit up that girl-grackle? Is she cute? I bet you could tap that! I mean, how many eligible grackle bachelors are there out here in the middle of nowhere? I bet she has an itch needs scratching.”


“Heh,” Conrad chuckled, “trust you to go straight there.” He scratched his chin with his tail as he hoisted up the water filter into the ATV, then topped for a moment to think about it. "She's already been calling little brother, so not exactly an auspicious start on that front." Apart from Tyraxas, Conrad stood head and shoulders above anybody else in the team.


“Don’t forget anything chummers. Anything you do is gonna get claimed by the jungle as this seems to no longer be a safe place."

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 122
Reply with quote
Deezy Klatta wrote:
"You know, it seems to me what we need is some really good intel-gathering!" she puts forward to the others. "I've been messing around with a sort of 'eye in the sky' type thing that could fit the bill! Just give me the word and I'll get it together and plug it in and we'll see what we can find out!"

"That sounds like a great idea" Kuikku exclaims. "How far can you see? What are the odds the other guys will see your device? Can you pick up sound as well? We may need to try overhearing conversations. Will all of us be able to see the output or just you? Toshiro can record what we see for later review. How long will it last? If it works could you do it again? Maybe longer." Suddenly Kuikku becomes silent and thoughtful. "Wow, you really do rub off on people don't you?"

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC


Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 63
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


Common Knowledge 4
Smarts 1d12 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)


***

Sierra winced at Conrad. “Little brother? Ouch! That’s worse than the friend zone! But hey, maybe you can win her over. Just gotta try, right? I mean, when’s the last time you hit it with a girl-grackle and not your tail?”

Sierra grunted as she helped load another water canister into the back.

***

Conditions
Sierra Character Sheet
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Parry: 5; Toughness: 7
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Mechanical Malfunction: A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.


Everything Burns
1d10 = 2 (2)
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 6 (4, 2) rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.


Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.

_________________
Sierra Mackenzie
Sierra Mackenzie, Novice Human Burster
Parry: 5, Toughness: 7
ISP: 8/20
Combat Edges:
    Danger Sense: Get a Notice roll to avoid surprise
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Cards:
[*]Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig


Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am
Posts: 69
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice, at GM request
1d4 = 2 (2)

WD Notice
1d6 = 4 (4)

Tyraxas peers down at Conrad after Sierra's comment. "Hit it? Your tail would certainly serve as a fine weapon, but you need horns on your tail to be truly effective. See here!" With that, he finds a mostly open area of the clearing, then swings his tail about, the wind whistling over the spines and horns on his tail. "If a dragon's tail is a clap of thunder, mine brings lightning as well, to stab out of the thundercloud!" He beams with pride at the magnificence he drags behind him. "The rest of you will never know the satisfaction of throttling a deserving enemy with your tail, as Conrad and I do." He turns back to Conrad. "Do you suppose your kind are a descendant of dragons? You do have some features one might describe as 'draconic'. Perhaps, in the myriad of dimensions, dragons spawned your ancestors. Except maybe the legs..." He shrugs, then goes on about his business, helping load whatever needs carried into the vehicles.

_________________
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
    Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details


Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 122
Reply with quote
Sierra Mackenzie wrote:
“I mean, when’s the last time you hit it with a girl-grackle and not your tail?”

Kuikku stops what he is doing and looks over at Sierra. Then he looks at Conrad. With a shudder he goes back to policing the area for any trash.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC


Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:47 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 61
Reply with quote
Kuikku wrote:
Sierra Mackenzie wrote:
“I mean, when’s the last time you hit it with a girl-grackle and not your tail?”

Kuikku stops what he is doing and looks over at Sierra. Then he looks at Conrad. With a shudder he goes back to policing the area for any trash.


Jareb looks at Kuikku who is looking at Sierra who then looks at Conrad, he then covers Gifts ears and eyes. He nodds. I feel like I should say something in this disscussion but I really got nothing other than a bad feeling when we meet this Grackle Lady. I wonder if Deezy could make me a signature item with actual super powers... I suspect at some point she might, and perhaps if it was truely signature she could just accidentally make something as a one off.

” I am ready to move out when you are Kuikku, lets hope we do not encounter any angry raptors with boom guns. 32nd lets fly or roll out!”

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/20
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good RP


Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:15 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 325
Reply with quote
Deezy Klatta wrote:
"You know, it seems to me what we need is some really good intel-gathering!" she puts forward to the others. "I've been messing around with a sort of 'eye in the sky' type thing that could fit the bill! Just give me the word and I'll get it together and plug it in and we'll see what we can find out!"


“If you can, maybe link it up to the sensor programme Jameson set up,” Conrad suggested, the young former CS trooper waving as he spoke.
“Please, if you can, it will add to the data we have,” Jameson spoke a little shyly, “oh and also can be quickly disseminated between the vehicles.” She still felt uncomfortable around the squad; Deezy and Sierra she liked and felt most comfortable in their presence. The others were an increasing level of not human, though some of their foibles made her laugh.

It was Jareb made her most uncomfortable; considering what he resembled.


Sierra Mackenzie wrote:
“Little brother? Ouch! That’s worse than the friend zone! But hey, maybe you can win her over. Just gotta try, right? I mean, when’s the last time you hit it with a girl-grackle and not your tail?”


Jameson guffawed at Sierra’s comment

Conrad loomed over Sierra, blocking out the sun.
“What my tail and I get up to….!!!!” Conrad sounded angry, as he peered down on her. For a second, everything felt very tense until his tail reaches round and tickles Sierra behind her ear. When she turns to look at it, the tail cheekily waves at her and flits around to the other side, where it tickles her again.

“It’s not a sexual organ Sierra. Those are elsewhere on my person chummer.” Conrad’s demeanour completely changed as he gave her a toothy grin.
“Though just a word to the wise Chummers if you ever have to do any doctoring on me, those aren’t my knees caps.”


Tyraxas wrote:
Tyraxas peers down at Conrad after Sierra's comment. "Hit it? Your tail would certainly serve as a fine weapon, but you need horns on your tail to be truly effective. See here!" With that, he finds a mostly open area of the clearing, then swings his tail about, the wind whistling over the spines and horns on his tail. "If a dragon's tail is a clap of thunder, mine brings lightning as well, to stab out of the thundercloud!" He beams with pride at the magnificence he drags behind him. "The rest of you will never know the satisfaction of throttling a deserving enemy with your tail, as Conrad and I do." He turns back to Conrad. "Do you suppose your kind are a descendant of dragons? You do have some features one might describe as 'draconic'. Perhaps, in the myriad of dimensions, dragons spawned your ancestors. Except maybe the legs..." He shrugs, then goes on about his business, helping load whatever needs carried into the vehicles.



He looks up at the dragon and shrugged

"Don't know chummer. If we are, then anything magic and psionic related have been completed obliterated. You'll never see a Grack doing those chummer. Just aren't capable of it. That probably suggests otherwise."


Before they leave, Jameson stops in front of the APC, mumbles quietly to her herself with her eyes closed and then crosses herself before climbing inside.
Spot ambush
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild dice 1d6+2 = 7 (5)


Conrad washes the muck off the ATV as best he can, particularly around the crosses designed to prevent vampires from gaining access. Just because they had dealt with a nest and they were in a swamp didn’t mean they could take it for granted none of their kind were around. Always vigilant of them.
OOC Comments
Agility 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild dice 1d6 = 5 (5)

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:54 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 374
Reply with quote
Conditions

The temperature is around 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the late afternoon. The party leaves the ley line from the clearing behind, and no other line crosses their route between the clearing and town.

Move It On Out!

It takes a few hours, but the party gets camp packed up before the day is too far gone, leaving plenty of daylight to travel to town. You climb into your vehicles and head out as follows:
  • Conrad and Deezy in the Mountaineer, with Conrad driving
  • Toshiro, Jameson, Kuikku and Sierra in the Mark IX, with Toshiro driving
  • Norona ranging on his hover cycle
  • Tyraxas and Jareb flying


The going isn’t exactly easy, but it’s a lot better now that the trail has been properly scouted and (mostly) cleared of obstructions. The party finds a few more fallen trees and the like blocking the path here and there, but they are a simple matter to move with Tyraxas along to help.

Just a mile or two past the point where Kuikku’s team met Ma’arlys earlier in the morning, something about the feel of the swamp just… shifts. It’s almost imperceptible, but the animal sounds coming from the wild around you change in octave slightly, becoming more low and guttural, and the heat in the air increases and dries out just a touch.

Toshiro’s sensors pick up the change, and Sierra’s extraordinary ability to feel danger coming kicks in. Conrad, his eyes shifting between the Mountaineer’s sensors and the swamp around them, can also feel something is amiss.

Norona, usually so at one with the wilds around him, misses the signs; perhaps he is still distracted by the fall of the barrier back at camp, or perhaps he is too focused on his search for the lifesaving plant Ma’arlys mentioned, but he continues on heedless of the change, his mind fixed elsewhere.

For their parts, Tyraxas, Jareb, Deezy and Jameson are attentive to the swamp as they pass, looking out for more obvious signs of danger.


An Old “Friend”

As he wings above the trees, a familiar, husky voice enters Jareb’s mind. Oh, lover. It was clever of you to use the protector spirit to hide, but why come back to the swamp at all? We all know to look for you here.
For Jareb
You may make a Common Knowledge roll to recognize the speaker (Jareb has had a lot of former romantic entanglements, hence the need for a roll). Also, take a Benny for your Wanted (Major) Hindrance.


While no one else hears the voice, everyone else sees the air around them begin to bend the light in odd ways, like waves on the sea. The waves of light splash around for a brief moment and then drain away, presenting the party with an unchanged view of the swamp around them with one key difference: the way ahead is blocked by foes!

Nine fearsome, red-skinned hulking humanoids block the way, all of them carrying high-tech weapons and showing very obvious signs of cybernetic enhancement. One of their number is positively brimming with cybernetic enhancements, including extra arms, and four others wear jetpacks in addition to their other gear. The gathered creatures let out a series of roars and howls as they charge the party!
Survival or K/Arcana to Identify
As the tag suggests, you may roll Survival or K/Arcana with no modifier to identify these monsters; they are common enough to Rifts earth that the skills overlap.

Attachment:
Brodkil.jpg
Brodkil.jpg [ 44.19 KiB | Viewed 121 times ]


Intermixed with the red beasts are four smaller beings wearing impressive armor, with long blades on their forearms, tails that swish back and forth as they move, and odd-looking tentacles protruding from their backs. Where the larger beings are all spitting, howling rage, these four are a study in stoic silence, building up speed as they run.
K/Arcana at -2 to Identify
These guys are rarely seen outside of conflicts between hellspawn and do not often frequent Rifts earth. They can be identified with a K/Arcana roll at -2, but not with Survival (unless your character has a good reason in his backstory to know of such beings, as would be the case for Jareb if he would prefer to roll Survival at -2).

Attachment:
Siege Breaker Demon.jpg
Siege Breaker Demon.jpg [ 51.84 KiB | Viewed 121 times ]


And behind all of them, levitating in the air, is a wisp of a female with pink skin and a hooded cloak. She pulls her hood back, and it is plain to see that she is gorgeous. Upon looking at her face, every member of the party feels an unnatural pull toward her, a yearning to throw down arms and run to the embrace of this new, enchanting presence.
K/Arcana at -4 to Identify
She practically never comes to this plane of existence unless it’s for something important, so Survival will not apply. Anyone wishing to know about this being must make a K/Arcana roll at -4 (except for Jareb, who may make Common Knowledge with no modifier, as detailed above).

Attachment:
Temptress Demon.jpg
Temptress Demon.jpg [ 45.31 KiB | Viewed 121 times ]


To no one in particular, she says, ”Remember, the angel and the babe are mine; stay out of our way and you may have the others for whatever little game it is you are playing.”


Aaaaand, Action!

Okay, guys, this is it! Let’s go!

On Hold:
  • Bad Guys (Agility 5)
  • Conrad (Agility 5) Note: Jameson may act on Conrad’s turn for the sake of posting economy.
  • Sierra (Agility 6)
  • Toshiro (Agility 10)


Initiative:
  • Jareb: 10 of Clubs
  • Kuikku: 9 of Hearts
  • Norona: 9 of Diamonds
  • Deezy: 7 of Spades
  • Tyraxas: 6 of Clubs


The order of actions will be as follows: Toshiro, Sierra and Conrad will go first, in whatever order they choose. Please make your post within 3 days to keep the combat moving, or we can just say your character stays on hold.

Conrad and the bad guys tied on their Agility rolls, so technically their actions will happen simultaneously. We will handle this by having Conrad post before the bad guys and any damage Conrad causes the bad guys will be handled at the end of the GM post. Any damage the bad guys cause Conrad will need to be handled in a second post by Conrad after the GM post is over (to handle Soak rolls, etc., if necessary).

After Toshiro, Sierra and Conrad have posted (or more than 3 days have passed), I will do one post for all the baddies. After that, the remainder of the party may post in any order.

BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR POSTS!

Notice Rolls: I will never spam you with crit fails on Notice rolls in combat unless there is actually something I want someone to see, but please be sure to follow the house rule and include a Notice roll in your first post after any GM post. This is a big ol’ hint from the GM that there might be something worth Noticing in this scene.

Fear Check: The combined mass of brodkil (led by an extra-scary Brodkil leader) will cause everyone in the party to make a Fear check at -2. Because of his own fearsome nature, Tyraxas may make this check at no penalty. It pays to be a dragon! As a game management note, the bad guys will make their Fear check against Tyraxas at +2 to balance.

Lust Check: That’s right, a lust check. Everyone in the party who is attracted to females (up to you to decide if your character qualifies) must make a Smarts roll. Jareb must make this roll at a -2 for his Hindrance, and if he fails he adds +2 to his roll on the Lust Table (that’s a thing now; you’re welcome, world. You know what? Have another Benny, Jareb. Lots of Hindrances for you this scene.) Anyone not attracted to females still makes the roll, but they may do so at +2. This is a mystical effect, so Toshiro’s resistance to the arcane will modify his roll. If you fail, roll a d12 and consult the following table:
  • 1-4 Inspiring Beauty: The hero is inspired to new heights of greatness by the object of his passion. He adds +2 to all Trait and damage rolls on his next action.
  • 5-8 Shaken: The character is Shaken.
  • 9-12 Overwhelmed by Desire: The character immediately moves his full Pace plus running die towards the focus of his lust and is Shaken.
  • 12+ True Lust is Forever: Same effect as "Overwhelmed by Desire," except the character also gains a Minor Hindrance somehow associated with the source of his lust or the results of the encounter.

Once you have finished up those rolls, feel free to post as normal. Have fun, and good luck!

Some Bad Guy Stats for You
Some of the baddies' abilities you will figure out as you go, but here are a couple of the baseline stats that may be useful to you as you make your rolls:
  • Brodkil Boss (marked with a “B” on the map): Size +2, Parry 8 (from SFoNA)
  • Brodkil extras: Size +2, Parry 6 (from SFoNA)
  • Armored Demon Bosses (marked with “B’s” on the map): Size +1, Parry 7
  • Armored Demon extras: Size +1, Parry 6
  • Pink Temptress: Size +0, Parry 11, TN to hit with Ranged attacks 11

Attachment:
Wilderness Road Map_LI (3).jpg
Wilderness Road Map_LI (3).jpg [ 1.07 MiB | Viewed 121 times ]

Red circles are Brodkil, yellow circles are armored demons, pink circle is Jareb’s old fling. The Brodkil and armored demon bosses are marked with the letter “B” on the map. The flying Brodkil are marked with the letter "F."

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 8/9


Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 29
Reply with quote
Mechanics
Notice 12 (+2 cybernetics, Maybe +2 more on sight for eye)
Notice 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Ace! 1d8+10 = 12 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 6 (4)

Survival 9(+2 from HJ)
Survival 1d8+2 = 9 (7)
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)

Fear Check PASS (-2 situational)
Spirit 1d10-2 = 3 (5)
Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
-1 Bennie to EE (only need one more, so no roll)

Lust Check 11 (+4 Improv. Arcane Resistance)
Smarts 1d8+4 = 11 (7)
Wild 1d6+4 = 5 (1)

Shooting 5 (brodkill Leader - 1DT Chip, +1 for dual linked -2 for Unsteady Ground, +2 for Sensors, -2 for matter of size)
Shooting 1d8+1 = 5 (4) = extra -2 miss
Wild 1d6+1 = 3 (2)

Damage 2d10+2 = 10 (1, 7) AP5

Driving 19 to crash into the general brodkill populace (+2 for Ace, no MAP b/c Combat Ace, +1 for handing not included)
Driving 1d8+2 = 4 (2)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6)
Ace! 1d6+8 = 14 (6)
Ace again! 1d6+14 = 18 (4)

Hit 1d4 = 3 (3) targets
Things hit (1-2 Brodkil Extra, 3, Armored Leader, 4, Armored Extra)
3d4 = 8 (3, 1, 4)

Damage (Speed of 20") 4d6 = 17 (6, 3, 4, 4)
Ace! 1d6+17 = 20 (3)


Happy to be behind the drivers seat again, Toshiro takes the forward position as they travel through the swamp. As the hours of travel drag on, Toshiro keeps alert and focused. The years spent travelling as a soldier in the Tomorrow Legion had only sharpened the ability to maintain attention to detail that he had developed during his time leading caravan's for his father. He notices immediately when the feel of the swamp changes. He checks the various readings from his sensors, and spots the danger the instant before they Demon and company reveal themselves.

It's immediately apparent that the demonic newcomers are here for blood, and Toshiro responds accordingly. He pulls his seat harness away from his chest, letting it loudly snap back down on his armor, hoping everyone gets the message. He then floors the gas pedal and lines up some of the common Brodkil, hoping that they will cause less damage to the APC. As the vehicle closes the distance his hands fly expertly across the controls, and the laser turret swivels and fires a blast straight into the the ground in front of the Brodkill leader.

As he is making preparations to stop the vehicle, Toshiro's internal sensors give off yet another proximity alarm. Toshiro quickly tweaks the settings on his sensors to focus to the east, the source of the initial readings. He snarls silently andpounds a fist on the dashboard when he realizes what it is.

Damn this swamp! First it takes my chips and now this....

His hands fly across the console once again, and he brings up an image on one of the screens, zooming in a camera focused on the eastern portion of the woods. He then tries to get Jameson's attention and points her toward the screen.

Brodkill Boss isnt hit by a laser. A Seigebreaker, the Boss Seigebreaker, and a random extra brodkill take 20 AP11 damage

_________________
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/3;

Parry: 6
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
+1 for 'excellent writing'
-1 For EE on Fear check

Aventure Cards:
Villianous verbosity: Play on an opposing wild card to cause them to lose their action talking about there master plan.
Renown: Play after some heroic event. Gain +1 charisma with people who have heard of you.

Edit Signature


Last edited by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:29 am, edited 14 times in total.



Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am
Posts: 61
Reply with quote
Crit fail on knowing who she is! 6 on knowing who the other creatures are accounts for the -2
Who are you Common kn 1d8 = 1 (1) wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

What are those things kn arcana -2 1d8-2 = -1 (1) wild 1d6-2 = 4 (6) ace 1d6 = 2 (2)

I think you got the wrong Angel. Solarius and I had our time in the swamp long ago. Setting it ablaze with our passion. We never thought it would end... The sun shinning over head and its muck covering our forms. Even those two trees... See their notches and stunted branches. They still show signs of our lust long ago. It was paridise. But you... I cannot ever recall.
In the celestial plane Solaris face palms and sighs at Jareb’s startling lapse in memory in confusing the two women, ” Not in this swamp Jareb.”

_________________
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0 PPE:20/20
Combat edges:
    Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
    Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses: None
[/list]

Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good RP


Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:39 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am
Posts: 325
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Conrad
Notice 1d8 = 7 (7)
wild dice 1d6 = 4 (4)
Fear 1d8 = 3 (3)
wild dice 1d6 = 4 (4)
Lust 1d10 = 7 (7)
wild dice 1d6 = 1 (1)
Survival 1d4 = 4 (4) ace 1d4 = 2 (2)
Wild dice 1d6 = 3 (3)
Conrad served at Tolkeen - he saw a lot of demons and the like


Jameson
Notice 1d8 = 2 (2)
wild dice 1d6 = 5 (5)
Fear 1d8 = 6 (6)
wild dice 1d6 = 6 (6)
Jameson is not interested in women - sorry Sierra

Lust 1d8+2 = 7 (5)
wild dice 1d6 = 4 (4)
Survival 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Wild dice 1d6 = 5 (5)+2 =7



Conrad


“Oh frak demons,” Conrad exclaims, “get on the missile launcher Deezy. Don’t be shy about letting them have it." He halted the Mountaineer from the slow speed he was driving using his tail, as his clawed hands brought up the controls for the railgun, intent on shooting the armoured demons
“Oh you have got to be kidding me chummers.” He ramps up the railgun as Toshiro gunned the APC forward into the massed demons.

“Well, I can’t shoot them now can I,” he called over the radio as the rail gun rotated up several degrees and opened fire as the demons in the sky.

OOC Comments
tail minor action to stop vehicle, main action to spread the rail gun fire across three of the flying demons

Shooting 1d8+2 = 6 (4) ROF 3
1d8+2 = 7 (5)
1d8+2 = 5 (3)
Wild dice 1d6+2 = 8 (6) 1d6 = 6 (6) 1d6 = 2 (2)

Medium Rail Gun 3d10+4 = 12 (2, 4, 2) AP14
3d10+4 = 19 (3, 6, 6)
3d10+4 = 19 (8, 1, 6) raise damage 1d6 = 4 (4)


Jameson
“What are you doing you lunatic?” Jameson screams at Toshiro as they are taken along for the ride. She wanted to open up with the lasers on the APC at the nearest Brodkil, but Toshiro was hogging the controls.

“We really need to get some more missiles for this thing or some heavier firepower installed.” she shouted, envious of the rail gun as she heard it open fire as she grabbed her rifle ready for action.

OOC Comments
On hold in case something happens

_________________
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Bennies 2

Parry 5
Toughness 16(6)


Also Gargamel
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344


Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:16 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 374
Reply with quote
Mini GM Reply

Those armored demons look familiar....
For Those Who Make Their Knowledge Checks about the Armored Demons
These creatures are called "Siege Breakers," and they are elite warriors who wear the demonic equivalent of Triax T-31 Super Trooper armor. Siege Breakers specialize in closing with and taking down "hard targets" in close combat, and their tails allow them extra non-movement actions (similar to grackle tooths). Like all demons, holy weapons do +4 damage against them.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 8/9


Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm
Profile
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm
Posts: 138
Reply with quote
Notice 13, success?
Notice 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)


Fear 11, success
Spirit 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild 1d6-2 = 0 (2)


Lust 9, success
Smarts 1d12 = 9 (9)
Wild 1d6 = 2 (2)


Knowledge Arcana 9 (success with raise), 7 (success), 5 (success)
(Brodkil) 1d8+2 = 9 (7) Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

(Unknown 1) 1d8 = 7 (7) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3)

(Unknown 2) 1d8-2 = 4 (6) Wild 1d6-2 = 3 (5)


Survival 4, success
Survival 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild 1d6 = 4 (4)
Normally +2, cancelled by -2 modifier

_________________
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5


Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 374
Reply with quote
You see something off in the woods...
Anyone with a Notice of 8 or Higher
A pack of approximately a dozen velociraptors prowls the woods just due east of Norona, watching the party intently.

Anyone with a Notice of 12 or Higher
You see a thirteenth raptor, better hidden than the others, who appears to be wearing a necklace and bracelets of some sort. Odd... Survival at -2 to know what that might mean. If you already made a Survival check that qualifies, you already know what this is.

Anyone with a Notice of 12 or Higher AND a Successful Survival Roll at -2
You know the dino with the necklace and bracelets is almost certainly a Raptor King: a creature with human-like intelligence, powerful magic, and even psionics. Raptor Kings are known to control the raptor populations of any area they inhabit, and they are cunning foes for any who cross them.


That pink demon! Could it be?
Anyone with a Successful K/Arcana Roll at -4
The levitating pink demon is known as an Aspect (in this case, an Aspect of Lust), and aspects are psionic powerhouses that share many characteristics of mind melters. They tend to enjoy subtle influence over direct action, so something very special must have drawn this one out. Aspects are difficult to kill, as they regenerate extremely quickly and can only be harmed by holy or magical attacks (other attacks can only Shake them), though Cyber-Knights’ psi-blades have been known to affect them just fine. Holy weapons do +4 damage against Aspects.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 8/9


Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am
Posts: 122
Reply with quote
Rolls
Notice = 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild = 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace = 1d6+6 = 9 (3)

K (Arcana) = 1d4-2 = 1 (3)
Wild = 1d6-2 = 0 (2)

Kuikku is riding in the back of the Mark IX trying to keep an eye out for the plant that can help with the mysterious disease. Suddenly the vehicle slides to a halt and a whole crowed of demony things block the trail. Grinning with anticipation Kuikku starts to unbuckle his harness when the vehicle suddenly lurches forward. Shooting a look out the front he sees Toshiro trying to ram the monsters. Kuikku shrugs and holds on.

_________________
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 7
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC


Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:18 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
Posts: 374
Reply with quote
Important: Anyone in a Vehicle, Please Read!
Okay, a couple of things: (1) Everyone in either the Mountaineer or the APC needs to let me know if they are strapped in. If you are in the APC and strapped in and Toshiro manages to hit something with his ramming maneuver, you will take half the amount of damage dice you would take if you were not strapped in. HOWEVER, unstrapping from your restraints will take an action, causing you to incur a multi-action penalty should you want to get out of your seat and do something at any point. (2) John already rolled some damage caused by the APC, but I will roll for how much damage is caused to the APC and for how much is caused to the occupants of the APC in my GM post. Please let me know if you have questions.

_________________
Adventures in the Dinosaur Swamps

GM Bennies 8/9


Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:53 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 240
Reply with quote
Deezy nodded at Conrad and swiveled the seat she was buckled into around to the missile launcher's controls. In the process she got a good look at the troops coming at them, and she whistled.

"Wow, someone really has it in for us! Hey, Kookyku! That pink thing's for you! It's an actual Aspect! Kinda like a demon, only psychic and super badass! Melvin's travelogue said their cyberknight cut one up pretty good though!" She clears her throat. "Um! Before it killed most of their group!"

Rolls: Notice 5; ID Brodkil 13, ID Armor 6; ID Demon 8; Fear 8, Lust 8
Notice 1d8 = 2 (2) or 1d6 = 5 (5)

Arcana to ID Brodkil 1d10 = 10 (10) or 1d6 = 2 (2)
Ace 1d10 = 3 (3)
Arcana to ID Armored 1d10-2 = 6 (8) or 1d6-2 = 3 (5)
Arcana to ID Demon 1d10-4 = 6 (10) or 1d6-4 = -3 (1)
Ace 1d10 = 2 (2)

Fear Check 1d6-2 = 2 (4) or 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
Extra Effort (w Elan) 1d6+2 = 6 (4)
Lust 1d12+2 = 3 (1) or 1d6+2 = 8 (6)

_________________
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000


Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.