View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Remember New Alamo 2.1 

Date: September 9, 109 PA
Time: 0600
Weather: Normal for season (warm); light wind, Light rain
Ley Line: Very Large (three quarters mile wide, 2000 feet tall, 75 miles long), stretches 75 miles north of the fort (Whiting, IA)
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Daylight
  • Visibility: -1 from the rain

Round 0

Life settled into a routine at Fort Hope over the next few days. Reveille was blown at 6 am and breakfast served at 7. Alpha shift was on duty at 8 am, with patrols sent out into the area within a five mile radius of the fort. With the mercenaries the Trailblazers had brought, Lt. Winston was able to form three more squads, and so sent out a Legion and a mercenary patrol each day, with the second Legion and mercenary team held for defense of the base. The third mercenary team kept watch on the docks and the beach. The Legion tech squad started directing the laborers in construction of the new buildings and earthwork expansions.

Of course, the 101st SET wasn’t required to do any of this. They could pitch in where they were able. Vik helped draft up the plans for the workshop, garage, and generator, once it arrived from Castle Refuge.

Unfortunately, there was the issue of Nazo to contend with. Lt. Winston wasn’t happy with the murder of one of his legionnaires. But there was only her word to go by. A few inquiries discovered that Colonel Hunter had been acting a bit strange the last few days, the wear of the weather and poor conditions weighing him down. And there was the fact that they had no real way to contain a person of her abilities in these conditions. So Winston contented himself with Charlemagne’s vow to take responsibility for her, and she was put on strict probation and confinement to her tent. Thomas was able to smooth-talk and quell any discontent among the other Legionnaires.

The third day after the team’s arrival at the fort, one of the sentries spotted something in the distance to the north. It proved to be a Splugorth slaver barge, but it stayed at a distance, seeming content with observing the fort and not at all inclined to mix it up with an entrenched force.

The night before, a massive thunderstorm had blown through the area. Torrents of rain came down, and even a couple tents were blown over. It was worse in the camp outside the walls with nothing to protect them from the wind, with blown tents and the moat around the fort filling with water. There was even some flooding inside the fort.

The storm had mostly passed, and only a light rain fell now as reveille was blown, awaking everyone from the miserable night. Though the SET has no official duties to rouse to, they are soon interrupted in their tents by a legionnaire.

“Lieutenant Winston needs you in the command tent.”

Lt. Winston stood in the command tent staring at a map on the table when the Trailblazers arrived. Beside him stood a sopping wet young Legionnaire courier who was trying to warm himself with a cup of hot coffee. Winston was scowling and trying to light a damp cigar. When he spotted Ashley, he jammed the cigar under her nose.

“Make yourself useful,” Winston said gruffly. Apparently the bulldog boy had just as miserable a night as everyone else.

“I just received word of a situation that’s developing,” Winston said as his aide brought in another hot cup of coffee. Winston added a generous amount of brandy to it. “Seems there’s some big action building down south in Arkansas near Castle Refuge. Some nowhere town called Gloom. A two-bit would be world conqueror is amassing an army to attack the down and the Castle is sending the whole bloody Legion to meet it, calling in all their chits, they are. There was lots of timey-whimey bullsit that I didn’t understand, but it doesn’t matter.

“What matters is the Legion’s left its bare ass hanging out in a room full of horny hangdogs. Some holier-than-thou religious cult down in Pecos, in their eagerness to answer the Legion’s call, practically cleared out their town of New Alamo of anyone half decent in wielding a weapon or magic. Turns out they were a pretty damn important part of the monster ecosystem down there, keeping the vamps in line. Now we’ve got reports of increasing vampire activity in the area, and even of vampires moving south, under cover of darkness.

“So the Legion needs you. Not in Gloom. The 13th is taking care of that after they wipe those Black Company bastards off the face of this rifts-forsaken earth. Your job is to hie on down to New Alamo and make sure all those kiddies and old folks don’t become Scooby snacks for vampires.”

Winston indicated the map. “New Alamo’s coordinates are there. Map is pretty crude, but should get you there if you can navigate. We’ll expect you back once all the fighting in Gloom is done and the Magdalenas can get back to their rosaries and Hail Marys.

“You have any questions? Grab chow and kit out. You leave at 0800.” Lt. Winston glanced to Charlemagne to see if that was okay.

OOC Comments
You can kit out with things you think you might need from your Resources.

Combat Notes
Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Brianna
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Vik
Ashley

Enemies:

Maps

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7

GM Bennies: 7/7
Charlize Bennies: 2/2

Character Accounts: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig, Anarik Ebonlocke, Vivian Parker, Cassandra Maverick

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:46 am

“Make yourself useful,” Winston said gruffly.

Ashley's eyes narrowed. She reached up, took hold of the cigar, and yanked it out of Winston's grasp. She then twisted it in half and let the halves drop.

"There. You're not getting cancer now. You also won't be needing skin grafts on your hand, arm and face. It's good to be useful."

During the briefing her outlook doesn't seem to improve much.

By the end she's leaving without a word, looking more sullen than usual.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:45 am

"Eh, wot?" Vik says, letting the question hang for a good half a minute before being unable to control his own tongue.

He squints, the hangover in his brain pulsing like a tangible thing, fingers tap-tap-tapping on the butt of his holstered pistol.

"Just so's I'm crystal, here, what you mean to say is, you had them satanic constables blow their ruddy horns at 6 in the buggering morning, then summoned us lot here like a buncha the Queen's lapdogs, couple a three days after we scarper up here an' start building you loos that won't leak into your biscuits, so's you can tell us lot to turn around and Marsha-Marsha-Marsha-march right back the way we come, and then some, to go hoppity-hopping into the sandy wastes to hunt vampire-types what ain't threatening me or mine 'cause the rest of the Legion is off buggering some other blokes what I don't give two bitty shites about, neither? That about it, right?"

Vik turns and looks for Charlemagne.

"Oy, Charles-in-Charge. You got a preferred method for filleting this daft prick, or what say we let Ash just cook 'im in his poncy knickers?"

He turns again, his bewhiskered chin jutting out like a battering ram.

"In other words, Officer Wanker, I ain't travelin' nowhere 'less there's a first-class berth on a teleportin' train with compliment'ry mimosas."

Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Nazo sat with her wide brimmed at carefully positioned to hide most of her face say her cheeks and lips. Calmly she asked in a sing song voice, ” Lt. Winstson, what happened was regretable but not unforseeable. Your comments at the people of New Alamo seem to indicate you lack faith...” She pauses holding up a hand, ” I know you and your men have faith and purpose in the mission at hand, but what I am speaking of is a spiritual connection to the land and your inner self. I am sure there are those here that beleive that tending to your mental and spiritual health are less of a priority.” She waves her hand to the outside, ” The spirits that dwell in the land are restless and angry. Your men are but one step from insanity. I appologize for being blunt, but having someone come at you in the darkning rain gives me purpose to help you.”
She sighed and smiled gently, ” I beleive there were some rakes or old farming impliments. Find a patch of level ground 15 by 15 feet. Instruct your men to comb it thrice, and then with care look into their minds eye and draw what it holds in the the sand. Foolish some might think when there are shelters to be built. But I ask you what good is a shelter to dead men?”

Nazo pays little attention to the map but nods in agreement to go.

Active Powers:

Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Psynetic Crystal amplifier and augmenter
Psynetic Crystal Amplifier (Patron Item)
These strange devices were smuggled out of gargoyle infested Poland. Created by the mysterious Angel of Death, they are works of exquisite craftsmanship, performing far better than any other known psynetic devices on the market. Several prominent Cyber-Docs have investigated the devices and are stumped as to how the truly work.
Crystalline Nano-Amplifier:
    • † More ISP means more power to work with, and your character has it. She gains +10 ISP to his base.
Crystalline Augmenter:
    • † Enhanced Senses: +2 on Notice and to the use of Detect Arcana.
†: Modifier from being attached to head and worn.

Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton
Choice of armor, reduce str min and add +1 armor.

NG-EX10 “Gladius” Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
  • +8MDC(increased by 1 pt) Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing
  • Strength Minimum: N/A
  • Environmental Protection: Full
  • Weight: 80 lbs
  • Note: The suit also grants the wearer d12+2 Strength and +2 Pace. The armor, while powered, doesn’t have a Strength Minimum. A wearer suffers a −2 to Stealth checks and any tasks requiring subtle or delicate movement.
  • The armor, while powered, ignores the d6(decreased by one die type)Strength Minimum for physical actions but not arcane skill rolls.

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
32E5FCFD-07AB-4CA5-871A-490D0C48AFE2.jpeg
Celestial Blade:
A normal hilt of the most mundane makings until gripped by one who is spiritually in tune. In the hands of a mystic this weapon is a holy relic of unimaginable power. Its blade is made of pure holy light and the hilt is transformed into one of pure silver with a flourishing guard. Some say Isis herself was involved in its creation or perhaps a chang-ku in Japan. Other’s say it is an unlikely gift from a millennium tree. No matter its origion, demons, vampires, and other super natural evil must beware the weilder who comes at them with such a weapon.
    Base Item: Chain Longsword, str+2d8, AP 2 MD
    • Minor- Celestial Silver( must be a mystic to gain this trapping, and not broken your higher calling)
    • Minor- +1 fighting
    • Major- Quickness “Exalted Exuberance”( Jazz trapping +1 ppe for +2pace, and raise 1 die increase to agility)
    • Major- Warriors Gift(Heroic) “ Fate’s Fury” ( +2 ppe, On a success, you gain +1 Parry; On a Raise, INSTEAD of a boost to Parry, you gain +1 Die-type to Fighting)
    PPE: 10pts, powers use arcane skill or spirit players choice.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:14 am

Charlemagne nods at Lt. Winston. "If that is their order, then so be it. We have little for transit except our feet and our wings, for those of us so blessed. Mayhap we shall acquire transportation along the way."

He turns to Thomas. "My friend, secure rations for our journey down and back, though I am loathe to take so much of our stores from the fort." He then addresses Karsk. "Might Toad be willing to carry our supplies whilst we walk the road?"

He blinks absently at Vik. "Unfortunately, my friend, it appears our method of transport is the two feet you were blessed with. I shall take wing and lead. Slicing our superior officer into ribbons will only set us back additional, desperately needed manpower."

Turning to Nazo, he shakes his head. "I see your point, Nazo. However, while a brave man may like the feel of nature on his face, a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain. If the workers have spare time, they should be doing their best to erect reinforcements for the walls and shelter from the elements. Even the strongest spirit may wilt under the unrelenting weather. It is quite hot in the day. Being flooded at night will damage morale more than the lack of a garden." He smiles. "Besides, if a garden and good thoughts are what's needed, they can farm and pray as they do. That will both feed the fort and feed their spirits."

He bows to Lt. Winston. "We shall be off as quickly as possible. Until we return, please maintain the patrols and defense of the perimeter. I don't believe we will need to expand our reach until the communications tower is assembled." With that, he turns to exit.

Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Outside Nazo catches up with Charlemagne, ” Charlemagne, a moment. Do you know the foes that the Lt. Spoke of. I hesitate to ask him directly as he and his men and I have been at odds ever since... Well you know...”
After she asks the question she sings a short refrain marking her sadness.
”Red wrong song you did me wrong,
Left me here,
So much unfamiliar people with fear.
You did me wrong.
Where did you go,
Where do you flee,
Red Wrong song do you see me?”

She smiles and her cheeks blush a little waiting for the fearless leaders response.

Active Powers:

+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

These strange devices were smuggled out of gargoyle infested Poland. Created by the mysterious Angel of Death, they are works of exquisite craftsmanship, performing far better than any other known psynetic devices on the market. Several prominent Cyber-Docs have investigated the devices and are stumped as to how the truly work.
    • † More ISP means more power to work with, and your character has it. She gains +10 ISP to his base.
Crystalline Augmenter:

Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton

• Note: The suit also grants the wearer d12+2 Strength and +2 Pace. The armor, while powered, doesn’t have a Strength Minimum. A wearer suffers a −2 to Stealth checks and any tasks requiring subtle or delicate movement.
  • The armor, while powered, ignores the d6(decreased by one die type)Strength Minimum for physical actions but not arcane skill rolls.

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
Celestial Blade:
A normal hilt of the most mundane makings until gripped by one who is spiritually in tune. In the hands of a mystic this weapon is a holy relic of unimaginable power. Its blade is made of pure holy light and the hilt is transformed into one of pure silver with a flourishing guard. Some say Isis herself was involved in its creation or perhaps a chang-ku in Japan. Other’s say it is an unlikely gift from a millennium tree. No matter its origion, demons, vampires, and other super natural evil must beware the weilder who comes at them with such a weapon.
    • Minor- Celestial Silver( must be a mystic to gain this trapping, and not broken your higher calling)
    • Minor- +1 fighting
    • Major- Quickness “Exalted Exuberance”( Jazz trapping +1 ppe for +2pace, and raise 1 die increase to agility)
    • Major- Warriors Gift(Heroic) “ Fate’s Fury” ( +2 ppe, On a success, you gain +1 Parry; On a Raise, INSTEAD of a boost to Parry, you gain +1 Die-type to Fighting)

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Charlemagne nods. "I am familiar with these creatures. Vile evil. They thirst for the blood of the living, and can turn their victims into their thralls, or worse." He shudders a bit. "I urge caution in combat, and most assuredly strike with purpose when you strike them."

Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
    Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Charlemagne wrote:
Charlemagne nods. "I am familiar with these creatures. Vile evil. They thirst for the blood of the living, and can turn their victims into their thralls, or worse." He shudders a bit. "I urge caution in combat, and most assuredly strike with purpose when you strike them."

Nazo smiles revealing her eyeless face to him. ” I am sworn to rid this world of demons, these vampire’s sound like a start. Hopefully our paths will cross again Charlemagne, I will look for you if you can bare to look for me.”
Nazo adjusts her hat, shoukders her gear with ease including a food supply then heads in the rough direction of New Alamo.
Spirits guide me.

Active Powers:

+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Crystalline Augmenter:

Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
Celestial Blade:
    • Minor- +1 fighting

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:31 am

Notice
1d8 (8) ace 1d8 (3)
1d6 (3)

"Will take Karsk a long time to get there and only Toad do we have for transport. People will probably be back before we reach New Alamo."

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:54 am

Karsk wrote:
Notice
Original post: 1d8 (8) ace Original post: 1d8 (3)
Original post: 1d6 (3)

"Will take Karsk a long time to get there and only Toad do we have for transport. People will probably be back before we reach New Alamo."

Nazo pauses in her preparation to set off. Just how far is this New Alamo? What if by walking we do not reach it in time. To Karsk she says and inquires gently,” If speed is essential perhaps the legionaries have something that can transport us quickly. I have even heard of sorcery that can open large gates at leylines capable of taking a small group far distances. I can fly my self but only for short durations... Just how far is this New Alamo??”

Active Powers:

+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Crystalline Augmenter:

Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
Celestial Blade:
    • Minor- +1 fighting

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Thomas listens to Winston as he tells about all the trouble the Legion has been stirring up, and how they are screwing everyone over. ‘Wow, these guys are worse than my sister. They got people causing trouble all over the place.’

Deciding he needs to ask Thomas pipes up. “Sir, Vik, has a point and a very good one. Add to that that we are not vampire hunters. Vampires are big scary monsters that require special gear and skills. Nothing i own would even be noticed by a vampire as more than a tickle.

“Does your armory include anything like that we can use or at least some spell books with sunlight spells in them or something? Some TW circle of rain grenades, or globe of daylight spheres. Anything that would let us live past minute 1?”

Then when Charlemagne speaks up Thomas is floored by the idiocy of the group again. Unable to restrain himself from calling the guy out. Thomas begins thinking he chose the wrong faction to hide with. “Wait, do you guys take special classes in stupid before being put in command? How the hell are we going to do anything but be food for Vampires? Charles, you are supposed to be our leader and look out for us, and here you are just saying ‘okay let's all die together, but we need a car to get to the dying faster’.

“Vik here is the only one capable of fighting them in a meaningful way and unless you are going to give him the time it takes to fix all out gear, then other result will be all of us dead, because no matter how many light bulbs Vik makes vampires are badass.”

Taking a breath Thomas decides maybe he made a wrong decision. “Listen, if you want us to fight vampires then gear us up to fight vampires. Otherwise I have to say I will be resigning my position. This is insanity.” Mumbling under his breath to himself he says. “I wonder how hard it would be to get to England.”

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am

Nazo purses her lips at Tommy’s out burst. Pragmatic and well informed, at now I think I know why the spirits guided my hand to these round balls..
Nazo’s voice is calm and filled with inquiry, ”Tommy, you seem to know much about these vampire creatures. Can you elnlighten us to there strengths and weaknesses? Also how are we to arrive at our destination in a timely manner?”
She pulls out a bandolier with 12 grenades on it, ” I felt the hands of the spirits guide me to these weapons when I reached blindly into the recovered crate. Just as now the spirits tell me to offer them to you. I suspect these little spheres will be an answer to your greatest need.”. She gives them iver to Tommy with a smile on her lips.
12 UV grenades 5/10/20
Ultraviolet Grenade A state-of-the-art anti-vampire device, this one-use grenade contains a powerful UV light encased in a steel container. When thrown, side panels blow away and the powerful UV light fills a Medium Burst Template in a blinding flash. A vampire caught in the blast suffers 2d10 damage and has a chance of catching fire. Although not designed for use against mortals or other undead, the powerful light can blind targets. Non-vampiric targets within the template must make an Agility roll at –2 or be Shaken.

Active Powers:

+1 post rate
+1 interlude
-1 Communion

Crystalline Augmenter:

Gladdius MDC Exoskeleton

Celestial Blade
Attachment:
Celestial Blade:
    • Minor- +1 fighting

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:38 am

Vik does his best to keep his angry face on as first Nazz and then Charlie appear to buy into Winston's looney orders. He bobs his head furiously and juts out his chin as Tommy takes up the call to sanity ... but loses it when Nazo offers up her UV grenades.

"Oy, Tommy, mate, I think she's offering to give you your balls back," he says, failing to hide a snicker. "Great big blinking hangers they are, to drive off them as want to suck you to death."

Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 20/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 am

Rolls carried

Karsk concentrates and suddenly the water in a jug began flowing out of the jug into the air positioning itself right next to Thomas.

"Karsk can kill undead."

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Thomas listens to Nazo and decides he will say. “Thank you for the grenades, but I would be as likely to hit myself as an enemy.

"As to vampires. First of all vampires are all as fast, strong, and combat capable as juicers. They are virtually invulnerable to damage of any sort with the exception of wood, running water, sunlight and silver. But what makes them really scary is even the things that can injure them cannot kill them. No, instead they just regenerate. Wild vampires can be scary, but when you get to their lieutenants the secondary vampires they will often wear armor. So even the weapons you previously relied on, no longer work.”

Thomas looks unimpressed by the watery trick performed by Karsk. With a few subtle words he conjures his own bit of water to refill his glass. And a small globe of daylight forms floating over his shoulder. “Sure these things will grow useful versus and wild vampires we find. But they will prove useless if we come across a secondary or master vampire who will have access to armor.
“To really stand a chance we need the TW weapons designed for fighting vampires. Heck maybe a good wizard can smite our weapons or claws to be able to affect the creatures. But my skills tend to be more subtle and short of becoming a dragon and the favored target of every enemy on the battlefield I do not have a way to stand up to one.”

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Charlemagne smiles. "Oft, the sanity of those who obey orders are questioned when there appears no easy way at first. However, I have faith that, between now and then, we shall avail ourselves of means and methods by which to defeat our foes. If all else fails, I shall stand at the breach myself and hold off a horde of them, with such a capable force as the 101st behind me. Certainly you are aware that the cyber-knights are capable of slaying vampires."

He turns and faces Thomas directly. "If you wish to resign, I will accept, though I loathe to do so. You are valuable to this team and this assignment in particular. However, in doing so, know that you may be depriving us of exactly what we need to accomplish this mission. Regardless, the Legion has need of us, and that is the point of their need. If I must travel there myself, then I shall do so."

He turns back to face the rest of the group. "We must make all haste to load our provisions on Toad, with Karsk's permission, and be away. Those who muster at the gate at 0800 I shall assume are joining me on this journey. If you do not, I will assume you have resigned your commission with the Legion, and I bid you godspeed."

Current Status:
Adventure Cards:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness