View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:25 pm



Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mission 4: The Old Ways 
Author Message
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 194
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 8 (6) Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


Skill Rolls
To ID zombies: Mysticism Wild 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 1 (1) total 7
To search for magic: Detect Arcana 1d10 = 10 (10) Wild 1d6 = 3 (3) Ace 1d10 = 2 (2) total 12


Cory gives the crowd a nod, "We're totally on this, don't worry."

The mystery of these creatures is intriguing. She has to figure this out. She closes her eyes and sees if she can identify this type of zombie not zombie. But when the option to take a subterranean ride with Merl arises, such studios activities go straight out the door.

"Totally, let's go!" Cory says grabbing on to Merl's wing, she blindly follows the juvenile dragon without a second thought. Well, the second thought is, This is totally sweet!

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 12/20 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 752
Reply with quote
Down Under
As the zombies go up in smoke the team quickly leaps into action to figure out what the heck just happened. Scanning the area, particularly the rooftops for any sign of another faction, Lail sees nothing unusual - except of course for the gaggle of crows that seem to be omnipresent in this town.

The only one to acknowledge the crowd is Cory, who gives them a pithy reassurance before grabbing hold of Merlaggon’s wings. Barely even taking the time to look at the two men he sheltered, Merlaggon bolts for the construction site. Most of the rest of the team follow the rambunctious dragon in the Q-Mobile or on foot. As he moves down the street, Timothy scans for invisible foes or unusual readings. Nothing sticks out at him.

Fortunately, Gale loves a good audience and begins to reassure them talking about how he was happy to save them, and they have nothing to fear because he is on the case.

At the site, Merlaggon begins his flaming burrow deep into the ground with Corey in tow. There are no caverns, caves, or tunnels beneath the site. Just rock and dirt. There are many layers of rock and soil, as that which was levelled by the cataclysm was covered by years of build up during the dark ages. There is the definitely sense of magic down below the dark age layer, and even deeper, to perhaps hundreds of years before the Golden Age. Something buried deep in the ground that has an ancient and deep enchantment. To Corey it feels very much like holy ground.

After their deep dive the pair emerge. Meanwhile, the whole town is awake and beginning to gather. The Sherif and deputies are none to please about the use of heavy arms and explosives inside the city. Walcott is aghast, likely seeing any potential trade deal go down the toilet. The chief and Mukuroo are also approaching, although looks as much quizzical as angry.

It’s Walcott who speaks first, “Sergeant Fell, what the hell is going on?”


Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:47 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 194
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 9 (7) Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


Cory tries to reach Fell before he goes off and ad libs. "Fell, look, like, this totally felt like holy ground. I don't know, like exactly, that means, this stuff isn't like precise, you know. Just a feeling, I mean, that's pretty much good as fact from, like, mystic, you know, right? Anyway, like thought it might be good for you to like, know. Or whatever." Then she stomps off a ways off and is torn between telling Mukuroo what she's found, since that seems like the most honest thing to do. But also feels like the worst thing to do, like throwing match on gasoline. She turns and apprehensively watches Fell's response. And the rest of the SET, who knows what any of them will do.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 12/20 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote


State: Lost it, completely



Wicked Lail
Attachment:
Wicked Queen Lail.jpg
Wicked Queen Lail.jpg [ 32.26 KiB | Viewed 249 times ]

The Crows will die tonight, or I will die trying to kill them all. From her vantage point Lail opens fire at the crows trying to down as many as possible. None will live tonight while I draw breath! She hits her comms, her voice is cold and callous " I'll take care of these murdering flapping bastards. You guys deal with the pathetic humans that dare call this place home." You cannot hide from me pretty little thing, your doom is near. She rapidly leaps off the building tucking into a nice roll going after the murder of crows.
She wanders the town shooting and slashing any crows she can find, and then she cocks her head " where are you coming from? Where is your roost?
She pauses taking care to scout the birds locations. She begins to whisper in a voice filled with hatred,

"Come, buy my bags full of crumbs;
Come feed the little birds,
Show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do
The young ones are hungry
The nests are so bare
All it takes is tuppence from you"


Rolls
Tracking 7: 1d8+2 = 4 (2) Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Notice 9: 1d8+2 = 9 (7) Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)
Shooting 11: 1d10+2 = 11 (9) Wild 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Fighting 5: 1d8+2 = 5 (3) Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
ISP spent: 1 pt to activate her BF blade for 3 rounds

_________________
Parry: 6, Toughness: 13(7), ISP: 23/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: Father's Eyes " Smite +8 rifle damage courage and righteousness"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8

Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie


Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:12 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 274
Reply with quote
    Fell raises a finger up and is about to speak totally ad lib. He holds on a second as Cory says: "Fell, look, like, this totally felt like holy ground. I don't know, like exactly, what that means, this stuff isn't like precise, you know. Just a feeling, I mean, that's pretty much good as fact from, like, mystic, you know, right? Anyway, like thought it might be good for you to like, know. Or whatever."

    Fell processes Cory's statement, pulls all the "likes" out and ponders a moment on her words.

    Fell raises an eyebrow, again about to speak, then Lail goes on her shooting rampage verse the local crows.

    Lail radios:"I'll take care of these murdering flapping bastards. You guys deal with the pathetic humans that dare call this place home." At least that was via radio and no one should have heard that but the 1st. By all the Gods!

    A grimace comes across the Juicer's face. Crap.

    Fell thinks rapidly, the bad guys are targeting the workers...Cory says they come from below...this is holy ground...there is magic under the ground here....hmmm...Mukuroo seems to think the baddies are - what...vengeful spirits...so it comes down to the dig is on holy site and that pissed off some creatures.

    Doing his best to ignore Lail, Fell steps up to Mukuroo and loudly says, "Listen here. The Dig Site is located on Holy Ground! The Evil creatures that have been attacking are angered because of this! The construction site must be filled back in and if a new one is to be built it must be in a non Holy place and .. yeah, like...that."

    Damn it!! I sound like, like Cory. Gah.

    Fell says, "We can help jump start the dig, Merl is a fast digger. But I suggest the Elders here, not me Cory, I saw you raise an eye brow, The Elders from Here and the NG reps talk and decide on a new spot to dig."


    "Now. If you will excuse me."

    Steeling his nerves the Juicer turns and follows Lail.

    Across the Radio: "Um, Lail? Stop?"

_________________
Fell
Quick Stats:
Sgt. Severin Fell - Legion Juicer - 1st S.E.T.
Pace 16 -- Parry 9 -- Toughness, Modified Juicer Plate 19 (8) Note Juicer Reflexes make others -2 to hit them -- Burn 7 (5 used) -- Bennies left:
1
Split the Seconds - extra action/attack to the character each round. No multi-action penalty.
Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for a new & higher card for Initiative.
First Strike - May attack one foe who moves adjacent.
Elan - Add +2 to rolls, including Soak rolls & Extra Effort rolls, when using Bennie.
Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector Range: 24/48/96, Damage: 3d10 MD - Plasma tends to ignite targets (usually 1 in 6 chance), doing 1d10 continuous damage until it’s doused.
Great ChainSaw Str (d10) + 2d10 AP 2. Spending Burn gives the Juicer a d10 Burn Die to add to any Trait or damage roll.

GM Black Company: Lars -- Account #1: Fell (Juicer)
Image

My Accounts


Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:40 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 88
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Sinder makes sure the two civilians are safe and then heads toward Fell he greets the elders and the chief first then nods to Mukwooru. He listens to Fell and Cory. When he gets a chance he speaks up, “Elders can you tell us anything about this place? And suggest a possible Idea about a building and location?”

"I am surprise they didn't do this first, unless NG knew there was something down below?" "Mukwooru do you have a suggestion, one that will support building a spot here?"

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d4, Smarts d8 Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 3

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
Plastic Man +4+4


Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 203
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)


With no results from is scanning, Timothy hates that there is nothing to shoot at. Lail becomes a public nuisance with her desire to kill crows.
Quote:
" I'll take care of these murdering flapping bastards. You guys deal with the pathetic humans that dare call this place home."
Timothy contemplates on her actions. Okay, so she doesn't like birds. Who really does anyways, and she's willing to achieve her mission at all costs. She would make an outstanding Soldier if she wasn't so bat shit crazy. Unfortunately, she is potentially risking the mission and my mission isn't to disrupt, but to observe and report. With a deep sigh TImothy starts to walk over to Lail. "Lail, Stand down. That is an order. You are risking the success of this mission and I will not allow it. You have 10 seconds to comply." I hate crazies.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Mini-Rail Gun
Damage: 2d8+4
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 1


Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote


State: Getting it Together



Lail's ramage through the town gunning and slicing every crow she can find is cut short by Fell and Timothy's call on the radio.
SD_Wicked Queen in Command, Man of metal and toxic blood approach rapidly. Out of concern? Nay they bring more targets!

She quickly reacts to their chase, stopping on a dime and with her rifle in one hand opens fire above their heads shooting a line of crows that would have surely been a threat to Timothy and Fell. But she misses one that may have flown off leaving a small token on Timothy's shiny head. Cooley she looks around with her red blazing eyes.
" The filthy villagers wish this to stop, then all crows must met with death." Her eyes flutter for a moment and her face his her's diminutive and unnasuming. The eyes of her father seem to be looking back at the two men.
" Its ok... L-Last night I had this reoccurring night terror... Nothing I had experienced since..."

Getting it Together
Smarts roll ( Off the Handle)
1d8 = 2 (2)
1d6 hours she sees demons all around her= -1 to all trait rolls ( Sublime chaos)
1d6 = 2 (2)
2 hours


A woman and her two kids come out of a building to see what the commotion is about. Lail takes her Fury Blade to the woman's throat with such speed and fury even Fell might be surprised.
She screams at the women, " You will never take me back you demonic bastards! When I do return I will kill all of you." Lail shakes her head and releases the woman with only a slight nick... Softly she says, " No I am free... I am not there anymore... I am sorry. Lail drops the blade on the ground, and walks away. As she passes Fell and Timothy she looks at them with tears in her eyes, " What did they do to me? You cannot trust me with blade, Qoat gave it to me... I- I am not my father, I do not deserve such a weapon." She walks to the throng of folks where the zombies were, keeping her head on a swivel wary of a demon attack.

_________________
Parry: 6, Toughness: 13(7), ISP: 23/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: Father's Eyes " Smite +8 rifle damage courage and righteousness"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8

Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie


Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 203
Reply with quote
When Lail grabs the woman, Timothy tenses up and ready his rail gun. Not the right weapon, but it's in my hand right now. Timothy is ready to pull the trigger and targets on Lails head in single shot mode. "Target Lail head. Single shot mode engaged. Ready to take the shot." The time that Lail takes the hostage is tense. Timothy is stopped, steady and ready to shoot on a dime. The mini-rail gun is raised up to his shoulder, his head on the butt of the weapon looking down the sights of the weapon. This arms are expertly placed on the weapon to provide the most stability and control of the weapon, the mechanical arms engaged that if someone wanted to imagine Timothy with skin, he would have bulging muscles and sweat glistening on his arms from the strain of holding it up.

Lail releases the woman from her hold and drops her weapons, Timothy maintains his target on her until she walks up to him. Timothy will lower his rail gun and look at her when she speaks. As she walks towards the group, Timothy will engage the radio. "Q, secure Lail and put her in the Q mobile for her safety and everyone else." Timothy walks to the woman to ensure she is okay. This is why I hate crazy people.

If the woman allows Timothy to approach her, he will kneel to make himself more approachable. Timothy will look at the wound, "Good news is it's just a scratch, You might want to see our medic to make sure it doesn't get infected. If they have a problem with it, tell them to talk to me. Timothy Hernandez, 2nd in command of the 1st SET. I'll set them straight, and i'm sorry this happened." Timothy will stand up and retrieve the sword for storage.

"Sword is secured. injury is minimal, directed victim to team medic." Timothy will walk back towards the Q mobile to secure the sword. Once at the Q mobile and the sword is secured, Timothy will ensure that Lail is secured safely. "Lail, we will need to talk about this. Until then, stay here." Timothy will approach Fell and listen the discussion in-progress.

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Mini-Rail Gun
Damage: 2d8+4
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 1


Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:34 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 192
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
For noticing anything in the pile while he is pushing the dirt back.
Notice: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6+6 = 7 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)


"Start filling in the old construction site, I can help with that."

With that, Merlaggon goes to the biggest pile of removed earth and starts pushing it back into the construction site.

Playing in the dirt can be so FUN sometimes. Last time I did something like this is when I clawed my way out of my burial chamber a few months ago and met both you guys and the Stinky People. The Stinky People were not nice. Sayeen and Cory were very nice. I miss Sayeen. He was a very nice person."

A single tear rolls its way down Merlaggon's cheek as he remembers Sayeen.

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber

Bennies: 1
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 / 20
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 34 (16) MDC; Size +6
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:46 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 110
Reply with quote
Qoat watching the sensors from the Q-Mobile, looks up when he hear's the XO's orders over the radio.

Timothy Hernandez wrote:
Lail releases the woman from her hold and drops her weapons, Timothy maintains his target on her until she walks up to him. Timothy will lower his rail gun and look at her when she speaks. As she walks towards the group, Timothy will engage the radio. "Q, secure Lail and put her in the Q mobile for her safety and everyone else." Timothy walks to the woman to ensure she is okay. This is why I hate crazy people.


"On my way," Qoat says. Someone needs to look in her mind to see what's going on in there, but after the last time, I don't think it should be me, Qoat thinks.

He spots the pair and hops out of his seat jumping down the ground and jogs over to Lail and Timothy. He takes the blade. I had hoped she would do good with this. Qoat shakes his head as he levers it over his shoulder. "Come on Lail, fighting's over. Let's get a cool beverage."

In the Q-Mobile, he sits her down on one of the benches in the back and grabs a couple cans of carbonated juices. Holding out the cans, the Quick-Flex asks "What do you want? I've got lemonade and apple juice."

Once she's distracted with the drink, he takes the blade back outside and up the front and slides it back in the concealed contained under the pilot's seat before hoping back in.

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 3
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3
Total: 3

Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat

ISP: 20
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 752
Reply with quote
The Crazy Train (Lail, Tim, Qooat, Gale)
Fearless and furious, Lail manages to cut a large number of crows before they get wise and fly well out of range of her blade. On the ground, sliced in two, they look like normal birds. As the feathery, bloodied, bodies pile up the area begins to look like some sort of satanic ritual gone bad. When some bystanders come by to see what the problem is Lail turns on them and the 1st SET goes into action to contain her.

Timothy manages to disarm Lail and Qooat rolls up with his ATV. They whisk her into the back but the screaming woman has already attracted attention. The local deputy that Tim met the previous day walks up to the back of the ATV.

“Listen, I know you guys stopped a couple of murders just now. But you’re people can’t be harming our citizens. She’s going to have to come down to the station and face the elders.”

As the deputy is talking Gale swoops in to assist the woman, talking to her with his normal bluster. Whatever he is saying seems to calm her down quite a bit.

Holy Ground! (Fell, Cory, Sinder, Merl)
When Fell passes on the information that the construction site sits on Holy Ground, Mukuroo is surprised. “We have many holy sites passed down from our grandmothers and grandfatherrs, but I have not heard of one out here.”

Quanah, the chief sighs, “If this is indeed the resting place of our ancestors, then the outpost cannot be built here.” The chief is interrupted by a blustering Northern Gun representative but holds up his hand to silence the man, “If we must renegotiate with your elders, so be it. For now, we must put the spirits at ease.”

Merlaggon jumps on Cory’s suggestion to fill the site back in, even offering to help. However, Mukuroo seems uncertain. “Vengeful spirits are not always easily appeased. A ritual may be needed, or worse.” He purses his lips for a moment, “There is one grandmother who may know more, but she is not well. We should ask her in the morning.”

Nodding, the chief looks to the 1st SET “You have caused quite a commotion but also found out something important. For now, these two issues balance one another out. Go to your residence and rest. Tomorrow we will figure out what to do.”

What Next
Okay TL:DR version:

  1. Lail is going to spend the night in jail unless Tim/Qooat intervene. You’ll have to decide what to do there.


  1. Mukuroo knows someone who might know something and will gather clues in the morning.


  1. You are being sent home to rest. Those who need sleep make a fear check at -2. If you fail write a post describing your worst nightmare and suffer one level of fatigue. If the same thing happened last night, you take another level of fatigue.


Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Lail sips the beverage Qaot offered her. " Thank you Qaot, this is soothing.". Lail seems troubled and speaks softly to him, " I almost killed a woman tonight, in front of her children. I did not see her, instead it was a huge bulbous red demon thing in her place.". The 16 year old diminutive elf looks at him with doe shaped tearful eyes, " Did you know I am 46? 30 or so years of my life were spent away from my papa in the hands of true tormentors." She brushes back her hair reveling her 13 MOM implants. " They did this to me so I could survive their torture." She takes another sip and lets out a heavy sigh, " Actions speak louder than any words... Sayeen would have said that yes?"
Lail strips off her gear removing her armor and weapons, down to just her undergarments. Her back and midriff show signs of a multitude of scars healed over decade by decade. " Take care of this gear for me, it's all I have, oh I think Timothy has your blade... I just am not my father." She kisses Qaot on the cheek and steps out into the night without anything save a small amount of clothing.

She nods to Fell and Timothy, " Its best this way. I need to be the soldier our Timothy is. When I return, Timothy I ask you to train me to be hard. To much pain dwells in my breast, I believe you can help me carve it out."

Lail laughs as she sees Merlaggon playing in the dirt, " Stay free Dragon, follow your heart.". Just before she heads to jail she hugs Corey and whispers" Take care of them Moon."

Lail heads to jail and sleeps.
OOC Comments
Wild 1d6-3 = 3 (6)
spirit 1d8-3 = 4 (7)

_________________
Parry: 6, Toughness: 13(7), ISP: 23/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: Father's Eyes " Smite +8 rifle damage courage and righteousness"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8

Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie


Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:42 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 192
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
For Nightmares...
Spirit: 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Wild: 1d6-2 = 1 (3)
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 4 (4)
Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises.


"What a WONDERFUL dream. I was flying, and came across a Rhino-Buffalo. If was DELICIOUS!!!! So have they come up with the new proposed dig site yet? Cory and I can go for another trip down to see if there is anything to worry about down below the new site. Speaking of Cory, have you figured out how we are supposed to calm down these Mad Spirits? This sort of thing seems to be what you know."

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber

Bennies: 1
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 / 20
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 34 (16) MDC; Size +6
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 194
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 6 (4) Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)


OOC Comments
Fear: Spirit 1d8-2 = 3 (5) Wild 1d6-2 = -1 (1) Plays Adventure Card: Karma Thief! Uses Bennie for Extra Effort: Dice 1d6 = 3 (3) = Total 6
Determining holy nature of pit: Survival(?) 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 6 (6) Double Ace 1d6 = 6 (6) Triple Ace 1d6 = 2 (2) Wild 1d6 = 6 (6) Ace 1d6 = 3 (3) = Total 20!
Healing (if needed): Psionics 1d8 = 3 (3) Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


As usual, Cory is a bit aloof to the situation, more precisely she acts as if she doesn't care. But she does. She is freaked out by Lail's behavior. The young woman (in appearance at least) needing containment and subsequently being jailed is incredibly distressing to Cory. Mukuroo's hints that something more may be required to ameliorate the spirits is troubling as well. She is, as is becoming the case more and more often, comforted by Merlaggon's unflagging optimism. That he's nearly indestructible is comforting too.

"Mukuroo, I can call on Moon to aid in healing, if that would help this elder woman you speak off," Cory offers. (She tried very hard to speak properly, seeing that this was a time for respect not normally given to many people.)

She seeks out Fell, believe it or not. When she finds him, she tries to look stern and dismissive at the same time, but says, "Like, okay, so I don't think we should like leave this place unguarded, you know, like the whole night. I mean, like I could watch it for a while, but I kinda, like, I don't know, like it would be good to rest, I maybe used a bunch of magic. Like not all of it, for sure. But still. I mean, whatever."

As soon as she gets any sort of answer she darts away in a swirl of robes. Cory hangs out with Merl, or maybe even Mukuroo discussing what the construction site could be since it's not one of their known holy sites. She is intrigued by their magic tradition and would enjoy discussing it, if Mukuroo or someone else is willing. She still doesn't really like the guy, but she pretends to not like everyone, so it really doesn't matter.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 12/20 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:35 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Posts: 110
Reply with quote
Lail Gabbersleaf wrote:
Lail sips the beverage Qaot offered her. " Thank you Qaot, this is soothing.". Lail seems troubled and speaks softly to him, " I almost killed a woman tonight, in front of her children. I did not see her, instead it was a huge bulbous red demon thing in her place.". The 16 year old diminutive elf looks at him with doe shaped tearful eyes, " Did you know I am 46? 30 or so years of my life were spent away from my papa in the hands of true tormentors." She brushes back her hair reveling her 13 MOM implants. " They did this to me so I could survive their torture." She takes another sip and lets out a heavy sigh, " Actions speak louder than any words... Sayeen would have said that yes?"
Lail strips off her gear removing her armor and weapons, down to just her undergarments. Her back and midriff show signs of a multitude of scars healed over decade by decade. " Take care of this gear for me, it's all I have, oh I think Timothy has your blade... I just am not my father." She kisses Qaot on the cheek and steps out into the night without anything save a small amount of clothing.


Qoat looks at the MOM implants, She got them to ensure torture, by Qoz's nimble fingers! "Lail, torture alone can drive people crazy, but those implants guarantee it. I think it would help us to know how those implants have affected you mentally. Are you able to tell us? Can you tell the difference between reality and fantasy?"

He watches her strip down, not embarrassed simply because, no human can be as sexy as a Quick-Flex, but as he sees her going out into the night, he says, "Stop Lail." He gets a coat and hands it to her. "It may get cold." I'll be parked outside waiting for you.

Qoat moves the Q-mobile to the town's pokey, and then settles in to get some sleep.

Qoat attempts to get comfortable up in the driver's seat his feet stretched over to the seat next to his. His mind takes a while to settle down before he drifts off.

Another Nightmare wrote:
Qoat get's the call from his squad's leader. "Qoat, get your ass up here. Thompson's SAMAS has taken a hit and has gone down a click away in a small ravine. You and Fredericks are going out there to get him. fix the SAMAS if you can and get him combat effective."

"Yes Sir," Qoat says. I am no front line combatant. This guy is going to get me killed, Qoat frowns and curses as he picks up his tool kit. He finds Fredericks on a hovercycle floating a few inches above the ground and gets on the back.

They race across the battlefield, zig-zagging to avoid enemy fire. Literal fire as a pair of fire elementals rain destruction down. They make it to the ravine. Looking down they see Thompson, his helmet off, the right wing slagged. Qoat hops off and slides down the embankment with his tool kit. He sets to work examining the damage.

A rumble occurs. It gets louder, then a being of rock separates from the cliff face. "An earth elemental!" Thompson screams. Qoat spins and fires the short range laser on his arm, but it just creates a shower of sparks. The elemental reaches down into the ground and pulls. As it does the ravine closes on the two of them.

Qoat scrambles to climb, but slides back down, the sun light quickly disappears as the rock encloses him. He tries to move, and his arms and legs move feebly under the pressure of the rock. His armor protects him from being crushed, but....

He's been buried, unable to move....alive. No, no, NO!!!!!! Qoat screams wordlessly in his own mind.


Qoat awakes and finds himself wedged under the front seats of the Q-mobile, he's shaking and sweating in his armor. It takes him a minute to twist his body around to find the slide bar to push the seats back far enough to get out. He sits back in his seat, exhausted, taking no comfort in seeing dawn's rosy fingers.


OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 3
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3
Total: 3

Fear Check
Spirit: 1d8-2 = 2
Wild Die: 1d6-2 = 1
Total: 2

Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.

_________________
Qoat

ISP: 20
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle


Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 274
Reply with quote
Fell eyes one of the "taller" building in the proximity. Seeing Cory approach he nods as she speaks:

"Like, okay, so I don't think we should like leave this place unguarded, you know, like the whole night. I mean, like I could watch it for a while, but I kinda, like, I don't know, like it would be good to rest, I maybe used a bunch of magic. Like not all of it, for sure. But still. I mean, whatever."

"Oh yes good point my lady. I was just eyeing a place to roost. I have no time for rest. I will be up there tonight keeping guard over all that is below. Death is calling and he wants me to close my eyes, this gives me a chance to keep them open tonight with purpose. Please go tell Tim to escort Lail to jail. Be careful, rest well."

Watching her darts away in a swirl of robes Fell grins and cranks up the dial on his bio comp. With annoyance he wipes away blood from his nose.

_________________
Fell
Quick Stats:
Sgt. Severin Fell - Legion Juicer - 1st S.E.T.
Pace 16 -- Parry 9 -- Toughness, Modified Juicer Plate 19 (8) Note Juicer Reflexes make others -2 to hit them -- Burn 7 (5 used) -- Bennies left:
1
Split the Seconds - extra action/attack to the character each round. No multi-action penalty.
Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for a new & higher card for Initiative.
First Strike - May attack one foe who moves adjacent.
Elan - Add +2 to rolls, including Soak rolls & Extra Effort rolls, when using Bennie.
Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector Range: 24/48/96, Damage: 3d10 MD - Plasma tends to ignite targets (usually 1 in 6 chance), doing 1d10 continuous damage until it’s doused.
Great ChainSaw Str (d10) + 2d10 AP 2. Spending Burn gives the Juicer a d10 Burn Die to add to any Trait or damage roll.

GM Black Company: Lars -- Account #1: Fell (Juicer)
Image

My Accounts


Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Posts: 88
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Quote:
Doing his best to ignore Lail, Fell steps up to Mukuroo and loudly says, "Listen here. The Dig Site is located on Holy Ground! The Evil creatures that have been attacking are angered because of this! The construction site must be filled back in and if a new one is to be built it must be in a non Holy place and .. yeah, like...that."

, "We can help jump start the dig, Merl is a fast digger. But I suggest the Elders here, not me Cory, I saw you raise an eye brow, The Elders from Here and the NG reps talk and decide on a new spot to dig."


Sinder listens he is worried about Lail, “She is not all there something is definitely wrong. I has to be those implants and her ordeal about being captured by demons.”
( Passed the last Fear check )
After everything is over Sinder departs for his room. He is tired, he gets out of the armor and takes a shower, who knows how long they might have this as a luxury. He finally waits a bit, the adrenalin needs to get out of his system before he can get a good night’s sleep. It takes a little over an hour before the rush wears off.

OOC Comments
Fear Check
Spirit 1d10-2 = 0 (2) Total:
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
ace dice
1d6-2 = 3 (5)
Total:9
Made it


Sinder has the same dream, but this time things seem to be working better there was no zombie invasion and the flames didn't hurt the people.

_________________
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:30/30
Active Psi Power:

Agility d4, Smarts d8 Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Charisma: 0, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5
Bennies: 3

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
Plastic Man +4+4


Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 203
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 5 (3) Wild: 1d6+2 = 4 (2)


Timothy listens to the Deputy, standing there with his arms crossed. With a deep breath, he looks at the Q mobile. "I understand completely. Please just give us a minute or two, I need to speak with the Sargent." Timothy calls Fell over the radio. "Fell, please come to the Q-Mobile. We need to talk right now." Once Fell comes to the Q mobile, Timothy will speak in low tones and brings fell out of earshot of the Deputy. "The Deputy wants to take Lail in for the assault. It might be the best place for the time being. If she doesn't sleep well again, who knows what will happen? You and the rest of the team need rest, I'll escort her and make sure everything is fine." If fell does not object, Timothy will approach the deputy. "Let me escort her, and stay the night with her. If anything happens, I can respond quickly." If the Deputy has no issues with Timothy's request, he'll proceed to Lail.

"Lail, the deputy is here to take you. I'll walk and stay with you tonight."

Quote:
She nods to Fell and Timothy, " Its best this way. I need to be the soldier our Timothy is. When I return, Timothy I ask you to train me to be hard. To much pain dwells in my breast, I believe you can help me carve it out."


"Discipline is the first lesson. It is a lesson you will learn tonight." Timothy will allow brief good nights. "Your going not going to be there forever, lets go." Timothy will escort Lail with the Deputy to the jail. Once in the jail and Lail is secured, Timothy will pull up a chair and sit near the bars. Once settled in Timothy will look into the cell. "I can't begin to understand what you were thinking. I know you miss your father, there is no set time for your grief, but you can not take that grief on other people. You can't carve the pain out. That is what makes you human, err elf. You need to fight whatever demons are tormenting you. If they where right here right now, they would be easy for us to help you. We could kill it, we could hold it down as you destroy it. We don't have the time or the places to train you correctly. When we return to the Castle, if you still want to be trained like a soldier, Fell and I will talk to leadership to ensure you go through the training and do it right."

_________________
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Mini-Rail Gun
Damage: 2d8+4
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 1


Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:50 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Posts: 274
Reply with quote
Timothy calls Fell over the radio. "Fell, please come to the Q-Mobile. We need to talk right now." Once Fell comes to the Q mobile, Timothy will speak in low tones and brings Fell out of earshot of the Deputy.

Nodding at Timothy Fell says, "You are doing a damned fine job as Second. I like your tenacity. I wholeheartedly approve of you spending the night with Lail, thank you Tim. I will be staying awake tonight, perched up there...." Fell points at a tall building. "....I will keep an eye open for trouble. I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight."

Pulling a cloth out of his pocket the Juicer wipes a few fresh drops of blood from his nose and grumbles.

"Carry on Sergent Hernandez. Your conduct and care for this team is commendable."

Abruptly turning away from the Cyborg, Fell moves quickly off towards the building he plans to perch up on. He wipes more blood away as he half sprints off.

Did I just say something odd? Spend the night with...?

_________________
Fell
Quick Stats:
Sgt. Severin Fell - Legion Juicer - 1st S.E.T.
Pace 16 -- Parry 9 -- Toughness, Modified Juicer Plate 19 (8) Note Juicer Reflexes make others -2 to hit them -- Burn 7 (5 used) -- Bennies left:
1
Split the Seconds - extra action/attack to the character each round. No multi-action penalty.
Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for a new & higher card for Initiative.
First Strike - May attack one foe who moves adjacent.
Elan - Add +2 to rolls, including Soak rolls & Extra Effort rolls, when using Bennie.
Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector Range: 24/48/96, Damage: 3d10 MD - Plasma tends to ignite targets (usually 1 in 6 chance), doing 1d10 continuous damage until it’s doused.
Great ChainSaw Str (d10) + 2d10 AP 2. Spending Burn gives the Juicer a d10 Burn Die to add to any Trait or damage roll.

GM Black Company: Lars -- Account #1: Fell (Juicer)
Image

My Accounts


Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Timothy Hernandez wrote:

"Discipline is the first lesson. It is a lesson you will learn tonight." Timothy will allow brief good nights. "Your going not going to be there forever, lets go." Timothy will escort Lail with the Deputy to the jail. Once in the jail and Lail is secured, Timothy will pull up a chair and sit near the bars. Once settled in Timothy will look into the cell. "I can't begin to understand what you were thinking. I know you miss your father, there is no set time for your grief, but you can not take that grief on other people. You can't carve the pain out. That is what makes you human, err elf. You need to fight whatever demons are tormenting you. If they where right here right now, they would be easy for us to help you. We could kill it, we could hold it down as you destroy it. We don't have the time or the places to train you correctly. When we return to the Castle, if you still want to be trained like a soldier, Fell and I will talk to leadership to ensure you go through the training and do it right."


Lail sits across from Timothy with the bars between them. She listens with rapped attention to what the Moral Compass of the 1st is telling her. Such compassion! She shivers slightly realizing she is hardly wearing anything. She grabs the blanket on the cot she is sitting on and wraps it around her. She wipes her elven eyes and reaches through the bars taking Timothy's hand if allowed. Softly she responds, " I barely remember my father... All I have are fleeting images." She smiles kindly, " My mind is filled with songs, countless... I must have watched old videos over and over... It is when I sing I remember him the most." She turns and sits with her back against the bars, her long hair flowing in between the bars. " Do you know how to braid hair? My father used to braid mine when I was little... I think I used to find it calming." Lail makes a motion with her fingers explaining the braiding motions to Timothy. She laughs a bit," Just don't tie my hair to the bars."
After a couple of moments letting she continues while huddling on the floor, " Sinder's father Mr. Baron he never gave up on me... He said my papa didn't either-"
She careens her neck looking up at Timothy with a bit of anger she says, " You said we could kill my demons. I know the cave, where the rift to their domain lies... Sinder's father would know the leyline to get us to the cave. If you are serious, promise me after this Silver run, we go after those bastards... We make Mr. Baron take us to the leyline where he found me. I know where that cave is! We can open the rift and carve those demons out!"
She turns back around closing her eyes, " You promise. I promise to be a soldier... But you have to train me." In a few moments, exhausted, Lail soon is fast asleep.

_________________
Parry: 6, Toughness: 13(7), ISP: 23/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: Father's Eyes " Smite +8 rifle damage courage and righteousness"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8

Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie


Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:25 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 194
Reply with quote
[Rolls carried...]

Before heading to sleep, Cory stops by to check in Lail. She has no idea what to say or do for the crazy elf person. It feels like the right thing to do to just check in, at the least.

Timothy is the first thing Cory sees in the jail. His bulk posted right next to the bars is intimidating. Quietly approaching, she tries not to disturb or startle Lail. The last thing Cory wants is to send Lail off into another fit.

"Lail, like, uh, I hope you're like doing better now," Cory says. But she thinks, crap, that was so lame. She places one of her hands on the bars and tries to smile at the other woman. "Like, I'm not going far, so, you know, Tim can probably get me if you like need anything, right."

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 12/20 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 192
Reply with quote
The next morning before people went to the jail to get Timothy, and hopefully Lail too, from the Jail...

"Cory, why did Lail threaten that lady with that magical sword, and why was she so set on attacking those ravens? Sayeen also acted a bit unusually... with Sinder also start acting weird too? Do I dig in the dirt again today? After yesterday, I think it would be boring to do it again."

_________________
Merlaggon
Alternate Character: Hans Greuber

Bennies: 1
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 / 20
Active Psionic Powers:
Active Magic Powers:

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 34 (16) MDC; Size +6
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
Enemy - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”"
Lucky Break - "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69


Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Cory Tetrascroll wrote:
[Rolls carried...]

Before heading to sleep, Cory stops by to check in Lail. She has no idea what to say or do for the crazy elf person. It feels like the right thing to do to just check in, at the least.

Timothy is the first thing Cory sees in the jail. His bulk posted right next to the bars is intimidating. Quietly approaching, she tries not to disturb or startle Lail. The last thing Cory wants is to send Lail off into another fit.

"Lail, like, uh, I hope you're like doing better now," Cory says. But she thinks, crap, that was so lame. She places one of her hands on the bars and tries to smile at the other woman. "Like, I'm not going far, so, you know, Tim can probably get me if you like need anything, right."


" Hey Moon." Lail's eyes flutter open looking up at Corey. " You look just like my older sister. Did Papa every tell you that?". Lail brethes deeply lying on the floor of jail cell wrapped in a blanket. " I am not sure I will ever be ok. But, I think Timothy is going to help me carve out my demons. Would you come with us Moon?"

_________________
Parry: 6, Toughness: 13(7), ISP: 23/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: Father's Eyes " Smite +8 rifle damage courage and righteousness"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8

Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie


Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 194
Reply with quote
[Rolls carried over...]

Corey had friends, sure, she had relatives, but, surprise, she wasn't really all that close. So when Lail gets a little mushy, Corey freezes, completely at a loss.

Telepathy
Psionics: Telepathy 1d8 = 5 (5) Wild 1d6 = 5 (5)


Unsure how to speak in front of confusing 'borg, she speaks to Lail mind to mind, "Lail...Right...Like your Papa didn't talk to.. I mean about you much. Tim...well...time sees only the Sun, you must be sure to find your own Moon too. I talk to both. If you have wounds after carving, I can help heal.

_________________


Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 12/20 | ISP: 20/20 | Bennies: 0
    Image
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 4; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Custom CK Armor: +6 Armor, +1 Toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Neural Mace: d4+d4 + Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"


Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm
Posts: 752
Reply with quote
Overnight Vigil
After a flurry of information exchange, people begin to go their separate ways. Mukuroo genuinely thanks Cory for her offer of intercession, but shakes his head “Nothing much can help grandmother. Unless you can turn back time.”

At the prison, the team visits with Lail. SInder, Cory, and Merlaggon pay their respects before heading to sleep. Timothy sits with Lail while Qoat keeps watch outside, sleeping in his ATV. At the construction site Fell keeps an eye out for the return of the dead. But all remains quiet

Morning Sunshine
The next morning the group assembles again, the chief has managed to get Lail out on a day pass until the council can rule over her case. Mukuroo meets them and gives a little backstory while they walk toward a very old section of Fort Comanche. “Long before the Golden Age, my people and the founders of the American Empire were often at war. The Spirits took many of our people out of time, to protect them from being wiped out. When they returned, the American Empire had crumbled and we learned to live on our ol land - but with new rules.” He points to some of the older structures, wooden clapboard buildings and huts made of skins, “Much of this came back when the spirits released our people from time. Grandmother is one of the last from that generation. As the generations davance many people forget. But when we forget the old ways we lose a piece of ourselves.”

History
Those with Knowledge History may be able to piece together that he is speaking about the 1700s and 1800s when colonists often were in conflict with natives.


Arriving and an old house the group enters, an elderly woman is being attended to by a young nurse. Although the old gal seems to have a lot of energy as she refuses whatever it is the nurse is offering her. When the group enters the old woman, half deaf, shouts at Mukuroo, “Spirit Talker, who are all these outsiders you brought to me? You know I don’t trust them!”

Speaking softly and respectfully the young shaman explains their findings to the old woman. She breathes in slowly, then appears to fall asleep for a moment before coming back to alertness, “You have not uncovered a burial ground, but a prison.” Speaking softly she gives a little history lesson, “In the wars before the wars, during the times of my grandmothers, shamans would unleash terrible magics to fight their rivals. They would bind the darkest warriors to their earth, so they would not die but relentlessly pursue their enemies. Haunting their sleep and stalking them at night. You could run, but eventually fear and exhaustion would kill you even if the ghost warrior did not.” She takes a moment to look at the group, “It appears they are now set on you.”

Grandmother groans heavily as she rises from her chair and rifles through some belongings, producing a small pouch ted off with a leather thong, “ Killing the warriors only offers a temporary reprieve.” She holds up her little pouch, “This is a medicine bag. One like it binds each of the ghost warriors to this earth. To truly be rid of them you must find the medicine bag that binds them here and burn it.”


Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:45 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.