View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:01 am



Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Garnet Town Gambit 
Author Message
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 262
Reply with quote
Ulrich listens to the Mayor and nods

"Our wersatility und villingkness to coexist az a single peaceful group uf sentient beingz iz our strength fraulein Mayor. Ve haf no need for an allegiance to help zhose in need. Ve saw a boy in danger who spoke uf a town vith abductions. For me, zhat is more zhan enough uf a reason to help"

Ulrich turns and looks at the new comer and even shakes his hand when offered. "Another interested party fraulein Mayor? It seems your humble willage has all kinds uf groups vantingk to became your benefactor."

After the horned man finishes speaking Ulrich arches an eyebrow with a smirk and speaks. "Both Mr Awektek und specialist Egil are valued members uf zhe nameless und ve ALL haf gifts zhat can contribute to a balanced healthy society. I do not need mien role dictated by mein superior. Zhey trust in our honor und integrity to do vhat is right."

"I bid you good day."
Ulrich says as the horned man exits.

Looking over at the Mayor...

"Ve are here to help, not occupy Fraulein. I vould rather see your settlement become capable uf defending itself from things such as abductions und raiders. Zhe most intrusive zhingk I vould like to see is a trade agreement but I vould never try und force or strong arm anyvon."

"Vhat I do ask iz to assist into an official investigation uf zhe abductions. Iz zhis somezhingk you are villingk to allow?"


Ulrich hears Awktech's voice and keys his com "Rodger Mr Awktech. Let us know if you need anyzhingk mein friend."

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Last edited by Ulrich on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 262
Reply with quote
Ulrich leans in when Chevy speaks quietly next to him and nods. "If you vould excuse us Fraulein. Specialist Chevy vishes to confer vith me for a moment. If you haf any questions please ask specialist Zima. She iz a goot voman both in und out uf battle."

Ulrich will enter the Bop trough the side door and wait for Chevy to enter before closing it so they can speak in private. With a smile Ulrich's manner changes to a more relaxed one "Vhat are you vishingk to discuss Chevy?"

OOC Comments
Notice total 16 daaaaaaaaamn. Ulrich is counting seeing pretty much everything with his cybernetic array acting on full ping.
Skill 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Ace 1d8 = 6 (6)

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 191
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Chevy sits down in his seat and flips a few switches. A hiss indicates the Bop is sealed, and a low almost inaudible hum fills the cabin.

"Just want to make sure there're no Coalsack ears joining the party," he explains. Without preamble, he unloads his thoughts.

"Chief, I don't know how much you know about the Black Market, but I've... had plenty of dealings with them.

"This doesn't smell right. The Black Market usually offers the carrot before they unleash the stick. Having a bunch of Brodkil just show up and start harassing the village just isn't their style.

"Now it could be one of them thought using the Market's rep would make things easier. Maybe. Or someone is using them as a goad to push his schpiel." Chevy has no need to say the name to know who he's referring to.

"All I'm saying is, if we're gonna stay and help these folks, we gotta make sure of all the angles, y'know?"

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 7


Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 132
Reply with quote
AwkTek with the all clear from Uhlrich lands in the fields south of town. Lots of activity for a town so small, he thinks to himself.

He believes that everything he needs to be concerned with is East, West, and South. Stretching out his wings and whipping his tail behind him, AwkTek stretches with his head and neck stretched out. Seeing nothing obscuring his view, he takes his time watching each sector.

Notice 1d4-2 = 1 (3)
*
Notice Total [ 1 ]

Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3 (5)
*
Wild Notice Total [ 3 ]

_________________
AwkTech (Ark Tech)
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d12+4, Vigor d8

Charisma: 0; Pace: 6”; Flying Pace: 12”; Parry: 4 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 34 / 16 M.D.C. (½ Vigor+2 plus armor); Strain: 0; Bennies: 3

AwkTech - 6 XP | 6.00 PPW | 3 EP (End 1st Qtr)

  • Fear -- In his natural form, a Dragon Hatchling is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.
  • Claws/Bite -- (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage).
  • Tail Lash -- The dragon can sweep all opponents in his rear facing in a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. This is a Fighting attack which ignores size penalties, doing Str+d8 (Mega Damage)
  • Fire Breath -- Flame Wind Hatchlings can fire a bolt of flame at Range 12/24/48 and Damage 4d6 (Mega Damage), using their Shooting skill. Alternately, they can do 2d10, Mega Damage in a Cone Template starting from their mouths. Every target within the cone makes an Agility roll −2 to avoid the attack. Those who fail suffer 2d10 damage
  • Flaming Scales -- Flame Wind Hatchlings can immolate themselves, their very scales alight with terrible fire. The fire acts like a damage field, but it does 3d6, Mega Damage. Hatchlings can maintain such a field for a number of rounds equal to their Spirit, after which at least 10 minutes of rest are required before they can activate the effect again.


Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 262
Reply with quote
Chevy wrote:
Notice: Original post: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die: Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Chevy sits down in his seat and flips a few switches. A hiss indicates the Bop is sealed, and a low almost inaudible hum fills the cabin.

"Just want to make sure there're no Coalsack ears joining the party," he explains. Without preamble, he unloads his thoughts.

"Chief, I don't know how much you know about the Black Market, but I've... had plenty of dealings with them.

"This doesn't smell right. The Black Market usually offers the carrot before they unleash the stick. Having a bunch of Brodkil just show up and start harassing the village just isn't their style.

"Now it could be one of them thought using the Market's rep would make things easier. Maybe. Or someone is using them as a goad to push his schpiel." Chevy has no need to say the name to know who he's referring to.

"All I'm saying is, if we're gonna stay and help these folks, we gotta make sure of all the angles, y'know?"


Ulrich nods rubbing his chin. "Agreed. I haf had some dealingk vith zhem but not much. Zhis situation reaks uf trouble."

"Do you know uf anyvon from zhe market you might be able to ask if zhis iz an actual sanctioned incursion by zhem, a contact maybe? If not ve vill haf to do zhis zhe old fassioned vay"

OOC Comments
Notice
Skill 1d8+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 4 (2)

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 208
Reply with quote
Notice 9
Notice Die 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
+2 for Alertness


As Ulrich leaves with Chevy Adam offers the mayor his hand and if she takes it he shakes her hand and nods respectfully.

"As the commander says Madam Mayor the Legion is not interested in strong arming anyone into anything. Very much the opposite actually. While I'm sure the Legion would not turn down an offer of alliance from anyone that shared the ideals of Castle Refuge we are far more interested in ensuring that all people have the chance to determine their own destiny in peace. If you will excuse me I will go meet with your engineers and see what we can do to protect your town."

Nodding to the Mayor once more he takes his leaves and heads towards the town's water wheel.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 4 of 4

Alts: Spartacus, Hawdore

Stats
Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Alertness d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 191
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Ulrich wrote:
Ulrich nods rubbing his chin. "Agreed. I haf had some dealingk vith zhem but not much. Zhis situation reaks uf trouble."

"Do you know uf anyvon from zhe market you might be able to ask if zhis iz an actual sanctioned incursion by zhem, a contact maybe? If not ve vill haf to do zhis zhe old fassioned vay"



With his helmet off in the privacy of the Bop, Ulrich can see Chevy grimace in thought.

"This is nowhere near my usual travel routes, and it's not like I can send word to any of my known contacts and expect an answer in time to be any good. If there is a Black Market contact in town, though, they'll have a hidden sign I might be able to suss out by taking a walk around town."

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 7


Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 208
Reply with quote
Notice roll carries over...

OOC Comments
If you want me to roll anything for this just let me know and I'll add it here.

Meeting with the townspeople that have a background in construction and civil engineering at the Water Wheel Adam relays what information he has on defensive works.

"The strength of your defenses will depend a great deal on the tools we have to work with," Adam tells the assembled group. "Even a few pieces of heavy farming machinery will be of great benefit. Given your location next to the river I believe your best option is to combine a ditch with a low sloped wall around ten to fifteen feet high. How effective that wall will be against heavy weapons will depend greatly on the sort of building materials you have available."

On the ground Adam makes a rough sketch of the town and the adjacent river. "Given the location of the river it should be rudimentary work to dig a ditch all the way around the town's perimeter and even filled with water if desired giving you an actual moat. Not completely effective against power armor or robot armor such as what the commander or Zima pilots but it will give most bandits pause. You engineers will have to figure out the logistics but historically you want it to be about as deep as whatever you are trying to keep out. So I would think that would be between two and four meters I think."

Adam looks at the assembled townsfolk to see that they are still following him. "Back to the wall," he continues, "you can probably use a lot of the dirt from the ditch as part of your wall construction. Again dirt isn't going to be great against heavy weapons but it can stop a laser well enough. In any case from what I've read you can use it as the core of the wall and sheath it in whatever materials you might have. I know you want the wall to have a noticeable slope so it can better deflect some of the energy of whatever is being shot at it which in turn will make it harder to put a hole in."

"Then you will want to build some watchtowers to keep an eye on those in the fields and that can give a warning to get under cover if bandits show up. You'll want to figure out the best sight lines and some of the towers may have to be built outside the walls. Maybe some of them can be built to be portable so you can drag them to whichever field you are working on." Adam pauses then continues, "Now that I think on it the towers should probably be built first. I know you people are not going to want to leave the fields unattended any longer than you need to. It will take time to figure out the design and logistics for the wall anyway."

Looking around at the gathered workers once more Adam takes a deep breath, "I want to stress that I can't promise anything at this time but I want you to know I plan on asking the commander to officially request from Castle Refuge a shipment of whatever building materials and equipment you may need for this project. In fact I'll also request engineering support as well. There are a whole lot of Dwarves back there that just loves building stuff. This also assumes, of course, that your Mayor signs off on the request as well. I will make sure the Legion knows this would be a no strings attached offer. Having neighbors that can take care of themselves would be a great help to stabilizing this whole region and discourage those that might want to interfere in your affairs as well as ours."

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 4 of 4

Alts: Spartacus, Hawdore

Stats
Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Alertness d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:31 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 262
Reply with quote
Chevy wrote:
Notice: Original post: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild Die: Original post: 1d6 = 1 (1)


"Do you know uf anyvon from zhe market you might be able to ask if zhis iz an actual sanctioned incursion by zhem, a contact maybe? If not ve vill haf to do zhis zhe old fassioned vay"[/color][/b]


With his helmet off in the privacy of the Bop, Ulrich can see Chevy grimace in thought.

"This is nowhere near my usual travel routes, and it's not like I can send word to any of my known contacts and expect an answer in time to be any good. If there is a Black Market contact in town, though, they'll have a hidden sign I might be able to suss out by taking a walk around town."[/quote]

Ulrich nods "Zhank you Mr Chevy. Do vhat you can. If Zhere is a rep here in hiding i am not looking to out zhem, just see if they von, are zhe actual perpetrators uf zhe abdutions und two, if zhey care."

"If zhe organization's name iz beingk used like zhis, zhey might not like haffingk zhere reputation used in such a manner and might just to vant to see everyvon brought back home. In vhich case zhey might offer assistance. Even information vill help."

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 191
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)

Ulrich wrote:
Ulrich nods "Zhank you Mr Chevy. Do vhat you can. If Zhere is a rep here in hiding i am not looking to out zhem, just see if they von, are zhe actual perpetrators uf zhe abdutions und two, if zhey care."

"If zhe organization's name iz beingk used like zhis, zhey might not like haffingk zhere reputation used in such a manner and might just to vant to see everyvon brought back home. In vhich case zhey might offer assistance. Even information vill help."


Chevy nods. "On it, Chief."

He pauses. "What are we gonna do about those two yahoos? I don't trust them farther than I can reach with my rifle. There's a good chance one or the other's up to no good and these folk may get caught in the crossfire."

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 7


Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 262
Reply with quote
"Zhey are not to be treated as hostiles yet. Zhis is a delicate situation ve haf here und I do not vant a firefight in town so ve need to keep our relations vith either uf zhem to a minimum."

"Zhat beingk said if it is not zhe black market und is von uf zhem playing games for political gain zhen zhe uther vill use zhat to try und gain a foothold. I say ve support zhe town's independence as strongkly as ve can vhile ve make sure zhey haf zhe means to defend zhemselves "

"I vill make it obvious if und vhen either or both parties are hostile and to be treated as hot targets."


With that Ulrich gives Chevy a salute.

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Last edited by Ulrich on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 132
Reply with quote
AwkTek lays stretched out in the remnants of the summer fields where the crops have been harvested. There are an occassional stalk of corn left untouched and even from his spot he can see mice and the like quickly securing the kernals of corn for the harsher part of the winter to come.

AwkTek's earpiece is currently set for transmitting in and out and he notices that conversations from the Nameless have ceased. He gathers himself and uses the massive length of his body to elevate his head so he can observe the surrounding areas once more before relaxing once more. Short cat naps never hurt.

Notice 1d4-2 = 2 (4)
*Ace Notice 1d4 = 2 (2)
*
Notice Total [ 4 ]

Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 1 (3)
*
Wild Notice Total [ 1 ]

_________________
AwkTech (Ark Tech)
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d12+4, Vigor d8

Charisma: 0; Pace: 6”; Flying Pace: 12”; Parry: 4 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 34 / 16 M.D.C. (½ Vigor+2 plus armor); Strain: 0; Bennies: 3

AwkTech - 6 XP | 6.00 PPW | 3 EP (End 1st Qtr)

  • Fear -- In his natural form, a Dragon Hatchling is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.
  • Claws/Bite -- (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage).
  • Tail Lash -- The dragon can sweep all opponents in his rear facing in a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. This is a Fighting attack which ignores size penalties, doing Str+d8 (Mega Damage)
  • Fire Breath -- Flame Wind Hatchlings can fire a bolt of flame at Range 12/24/48 and Damage 4d6 (Mega Damage), using their Shooting skill. Alternately, they can do 2d10, Mega Damage in a Cone Template starting from their mouths. Every target within the cone makes an Agility roll −2 to avoid the attack. Those who fail suffer 2d10 damage
  • Flaming Scales -- Flame Wind Hatchlings can immolate themselves, their very scales alight with terrible fire. The fire acts like a damage field, but it does 3d6, Mega Damage. Hatchlings can maintain such a field for a number of rounds equal to their Spirit, after which at least 10 minutes of rest are required before they can activate the effect again.


Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am
Posts: 191
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 = 7 (7)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2 (2)

Ulrich wrote:
With that Ulrich gives Chevy a salute.


Chevy returns it with a pinched face. "Roger wilco, Chief."

_________________
Chevy
Pace: 8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 21; Strain: 0
Blitzkrieg Bop: Size 5, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 25 (14), Crew 1+5
Adventure Card(s): Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current “scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Bennies: 7


Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 104
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Outside Garnet Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 12:45p Date:??
  • Ley Line Activity: Ley Line is "close" (it is in play)
  • Weather: Sunny, 72 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Good

Image
Map Key

Symon gives Ulrich a charming smile as the team leader gives the Federation rep a lesson team building.

After acknowledging Ulrich's lesson and offer with an appreciative smile and slight bow, Mayor Lithari approaches Tanya. She places a thin hand on the Glitter Boy pilot's shoulder. "You are wise, and thank you. I am honored to have a brave Glitter Boy pilot here." It's not quite melodramatic, but clearly the mayor has the impression all Glitter Boy pilots are paragons of honor.

Before more conversations can continue between the Mayor and Ulrich, he is pulled to the side by the introspective Chey.

Adam seizes the opportunity to share his ideas with the Mayor. She gives him her blessing to try his hand at fortifying the town. He heads off towards the water wheel, the tall tower easy to spot across the town. As he approaches, about a block away from the wheel, he sees Symon hanging out in the doorway watching with a smile. The Mayor uses this opportunity to send Von off to alert the townspeople of the need for their help. He scampers off randomly bouncing from building to building, house to house.

The fields are a comfortable as Awktech settles in. There is a bit of smoldering in the grass around him, but the land is damp enough not to catch on fire. The steam is comforting. His view is clear to the town and by turning his head all the way around he can observe the small CS encampment. There is a small, cultivated forest in the way if he tries to see the road between town and camp. Perhaps because a bucolic environment like this is unusual to the you dragon, he can't tell what's out of place and what's not. Oh, there CS soldier to be sure, but they seem to be behaving themselves.

When Ulrich and Chevy hop down from Bop, the Mayor returns her attention to the team leader. She says, "I understand your goals here. You have proven you altruism by rescuing my son and asking nothing in return. All of the others offered help only at a cost. I am once in your debt already, I am going to beg you to let me add to that indebtedness. I believe you can help us to rid of our problem. Can you locate where the Black Market is holding my people an bring them back, safely." Her voice cracks, but she continues, mustering her strength. She has been denying help for so long now, that asking for it is a struggle. "We...I...will all be very grateful. I can't offer anything more than that."

When Adam gets to the Wheel, he sees Egil inside chatting with a local.

Fortificating
Adam: Knowledge: Archaeology (Dramatic Task)
Rounds:
[list=]
[*] KD
[*] 7D
[*] QC (Roll -2)
[*] 7S
[*] 9D
[/list]
Zima: Knowledge: Battle (just once)


What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 pm
Posts: 85
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice

Skill: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)

Knowledge (Battle)

Skill: 1d6 = 6 (6)

Ace! 1d6 = 2 (2) Total 8

Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)


The legacy of the Glitter Boy was a burden sometimes, it was true ... but Tanya's nature would have been to help in any event, whether she had come to Garnet Town at the bidding of the Tomorrow Legion, or on her own. Probably that was why the suit had been passed to her in the first place. Anticipating a positive reply from the Corporal, she gave a curt nod. "We will do all that we can. I would be surprised if there was not some unseen hand at work here. We will discover it, if we can, and do everything in our power to return your people home." As she finished her declaration, Tanya glanced back to Ulrich for confirmation--confident in the Corporal's agreement and support (it was their job description, after all), but in military style, giving her superior the last word--and veto, if necessary, though she doubted it would be.

_________________
Tatiana / Tanya / "Zima"

Human female, age 32

Glitter Boy Pilot, formerly Night Witch

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Charisma +4; Pace 4 (+d4); Parry 4; Toughness 5 (natural), 11 (6) (Huntsman armor), 29 (18) (GB armor)

Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (American) d6, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Knowledge (History) d8, Notice d6, Repair d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d10

Hindrances:
Lame, Loyal, Quirk (Cheerful)

Edges:
Attractive, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Power Armor Jock, Strong Willed

Glitter Boy
Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness, Pace 10 (+d10), Swim Pace 6
Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half damage from lasers, Life Support (self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease), Full Electronics Suite
Melee damage Str + d6 Mega Damage, not considered unarmed

Boom Gun
Range 250 / 500 / 1000, damage 4d12+6, RoF 1, Shots 1,000, AP 25, MBT, Mega-Damage


Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:18 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 262
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice
Skill 1d8+2 = 8 (6)
Wild 1d6+2 = 5 (3)


Ulrich's eye meet Zima a she nods at her as if togive her an affirmation that what she has said was the plan. He saw no need to keep trying to assert himself into every conversation that the Mayor had with Zima. Shoving rank in people's faces is not how a real CO leads in Ulrich's opinion. Also the Mayor seemed to think highly of glitterboys so it would seem Zima is there best PR rep in this settlement.

_________________
Image Image
My song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE I wish I had a tank. LOL!!!

Gepanzerter Skorpion Size 4

Bennies: 3

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=106


Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 pm
Posts: 132
Reply with quote
Having noticed quite a silence, AwkTek figures the silence is indication that he can speak and does so across the comms.

"Uhlrich, not sure what else i should be looking for out here. Is someone available to give me some pointers."

Notice 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
*
Notice Total [0]

Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
*
Wild Notice Total [2]

_________________
AwkTech (Ark Tech)
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling

Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d12+4, Vigor d8

Charisma: 0; Pace: 6”; Flying Pace: 12”; Parry: 4 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 34 / 16 M.D.C. (½ Vigor+2 plus armor); Strain: 0; Bennies: 3

AwkTech - 6 XP | 6.00 PPW | 3 EP (End 1st Qtr)

  • Fear -- In his natural form, a Dragon Hatchling is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.
  • Claws/Bite -- (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage).
  • Tail Lash -- The dragon can sweep all opponents in his rear facing in a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. This is a Fighting attack which ignores size penalties, doing Str+d8 (Mega Damage)
  • Fire Breath -- Flame Wind Hatchlings can fire a bolt of flame at Range 12/24/48 and Damage 4d6 (Mega Damage), using their Shooting skill. Alternately, they can do 2d10, Mega Damage in a Cone Template starting from their mouths. Every target within the cone makes an Agility roll −2 to avoid the attack. Those who fail suffer 2d10 damage
  • Flaming Scales -- Flame Wind Hatchlings can immolate themselves, their very scales alight with terrible fire. The fire acts like a damage field, but it does 3d6, Mega Damage. Hatchlings can maintain such a field for a number of rounds equal to their Spirit, after which at least 10 minutes of rest are required before they can activate the effect again.


Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Posts: 208
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 Alertness

First 5
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
+2 for Scholar
With no little amount of trepidation Adam and the town's craftsmen start work on the town's defenses. Using what heavy machinery they have available the ditch around the town begins to take shape. At more than three meters deep and six meters wide Adam is sure it will become an adequate deterrent to future raiders acting against the town itself. On Adam's recommendation they are using the inner edge of the planting fields as the guide for the outer edge of the ditch leaving some room inside the area where the wall would be build for future expansion.

Second 5
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Scholar
As work on the ditch continues another work crew begins construction the the bridge that will become the main access in and out of town. Yet another work party takes the spoilage from the ditch and begins work on the wall that will provide further cover. Adam hopes that in the future they will be able to convince Castle Refuge to "loan" building materials and proper engineering help to further improve the defenses. But for now he likes what he sees so far.

Third 4
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Scholar
-2 for Complications
Work continues apace and despite the fact that the plans were drawn up by a committee of amateurs led by an archeologist things were going amazingly well. That is until suddenly work in the ditch comes to a sudden halt! The workers have uncovered a massive boulder right in the middle of the projected path of the ditch! Nearly the size of Ulrich's Skorpion it appears to weigh on the order of several tons. Going around it seems impractical but fortunately this something that Adam has encountered before. Digging things up carefully was a common task in his old life and he was able to successfully describe the sort of block and tackle arrangement they needed to safely move the boulder inside the ditch perimeter where they could later break it up safely.

Fourth 5
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
+2 for Scholar
With the ditch nearly complete but for the last few meters on each side needed to connect it to the river work continues in earnest on the wall. With primarily rock and earth to work with Adam takes a page from the ancient Indians of the southwest and has the town go out and gather up as much straw and chaff as they can from the fields. Mixing this with water and the clay which comprises most of the earth that had been dug up earlier will allow the whole structure to dry into an adobe like substance.

Fifth 6
Knowledge Archeology Die 1d8 = 2 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Scholar
Construction is nearly complete and the town carpenters have completed the gate to guard the the gap in the wall where the bridge allows access into town. Adam would like to place charges to allow the bridge to be destroyed in case of an emergency but that would require the talents of a sapper and unfortunately there just isn't one to be found. In the meantime Zima is able to step in and help survey the best spots to place watchtowers around the perimeter and work crews begin construction on those as well. Compared to recent labors this is a fairly trivial task and the first tower quickly takes shape. Finally Ulrich is able to use his Skorpion's plasma guns to clear the last few meters of the ditch and allow the river in. Scuttling around to the other side the task is complete with a gout of mud and steam as he blasts away the plug on the other side of the town.

_________________
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Professor Adam Radecliffe (Rogue Scholar)
Bennies 4 of 4

Alts: Spartacus, Hawdore

Stats
Agility d8 | Smarts d10 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6
Pace 6 | Parry 5 | Toughness 12(5)

Frequently used skills
Alertness d8 + 2
Persuasion d8 + 2
Shooting d8

Edges
Scholar [Archaeology, History]: +2 to Knowledge(Archaeology) and Knowledge(History)
Investigator: +2 Investigation and Streetwise
Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts (@ Smarts die level); Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week
Charismatic: +2 to Charisma
Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Tests of Will
Brawny: +1 Toughness and load limit is 8 x STR
Brave: +2 to Fear tests
Elan: +2 when spending a Benny on a Trait roll (including soak rolls)
Alertness: +2 Notice
Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to –1

Hindrances
(Major) Curious: The mysteries of the world await
(Minor) Wanted [Coalition]: Possession of forbidden knowledge with intent to distribute
(Minor) Bad Eyes: The spirit is willing but the eyes can't see a damned thing


Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.