View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 pm



Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle! 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 632
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle, baby. You're going to die!
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 0600; It is light.
Temp: 68 degrees, F but warming up.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: Old Chicago is rife with ley lines, but Fort Resilience is one of the few areas with none within a mile of the base.
Location: Fort Resilience: Barracks, and headed to Meeting Room 15 by 0630
GM Notes: All Bennies Reset

It's been a hell of a first month, but the LT didn't lie - he got everyone at least basically trained with demolitions and basic combat engineer work. A few go above and beyond that.
    (Add this to your sheet with your edges)
    Basic Demolition Education Course: This character can set pre-programmed demo charges with a Common Knowledge Roll as long as someone with Knowledge (Demolitions) Sets the charges up and tells the character where to place it (successful roll on Knowledge (Demolitions)).
    Code:
    [b]Basic Demolition Education Course[/b]: This character can set pre-programmed demo charges with a Common Knowledge Roll as long as someone with Knowledge (Demolitions) Sets the charges up and tells the character where to place it (successful roll on Knowledge (Demolitions)).
But today is the day when you break your cherry! Today is your first long range combat patrol. You have no idea what's coming, but it's unlike anything you've experienced to date. You're at the very least anxious, but also excited.

"Drop your cocks and grab your socks. Time to rise and shine Bear two!" Dansk's voice echoes in the hall as she leaves the shower. "We muster in 30, be ready!"

Of course some were up already, but those who were dawdling or enjoying just a few more minutes of rest knew that time had come.


Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice: 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Why do they always say that? Solene thinks to herself, rolling her eyes after Dansk leaves. They know I don't have a cock, does that mean I can go back to bed? I bet Golden Age women didn't have to put up with this male dominated, military culture bullshit when they served. Looking across the room she toys with the idea of tormenting her awkward roommate a little more but decides against, once was a joke, a pattern of mocking is bullying. Something Bouchard abhors.

Regardless of her internal musings, early rising is no problem. Long shifts in the mines followed by boot camp meant getting up early was hard wired into her by now. Going through her routine she double checks her personal gear for the long term patrol before heading to the muster point. Before leaving the room she habitually makes up her bunk and takes down all the stuff she used to torment Kilnger the day before. When ready she looks at him, "Let's roll. And, if I get hurt out there, make sure and give me the good stuff for the pain."

_________________
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:06 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 26
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice: 1d6 = 2 (2)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)


Joe was awake when the wakeup call came, so it was only a matter of seconds before he was out of bed and getting ready. Wondered when we would be called up. Once clothed, Joe takes the time to maintain his bunk and clean up from the night before. Joe then heads out of the communal room he shared with Draper into the communal room shared by the four squads that lived in the barracks. Joe looks to the next person to come out. "So any Idea what we're up to?" Joe asks, the curiosity in his voice apparent.

_________________
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 18
Notice 1d8 = 8 (8)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)
Ace: 1d8 = 8 (8)
2nd Ace: 1d8 = 2 (2)


High Command wrote:
"Drop your cocks and grab your socks. Time to rise and shine Bear two!" Dansk's voice echoes in the hall as she leaves the shower. "We muster in 30, be ready!"


When the bellow came, Raleigh Ray had already been up for five minutes, awoken earlier by his watch's alarm. When his roomy Wright awoke, he gave him a cordial, "Good morning, beautiful!"

Taking advantage of his five-minute head-start, Raleigh Ray was among the first to hit the shower. Just a 60-second rinse-off since he made it a practice to get in a good cleaning before bed, along with his evening shit. A splash of water to get the night's odoriferous accumulations off and dampen his hair to prepare it for an amazing display of styling. He spent longer in front of the mirror shaving and working his hair into an immaculate coif than anything else.

After putting on his uniform, making sure he had all the essentials (fresh can of dip packs, comb, fancy watch, dog tags, wallet; check, check, check, check, and check), he made his way to the common area to wait for the others who hadn't already beat him to the punch.

Joe Marshal wrote:
Joe looks to the next person to come out. "So any Idea what we're up to?" Joe asks, the curiosity in his voice apparent.


"Jus' another day in Paradise, livin' the dream!" Raleigh Ray replied with a bit of sarcasm. After he sat down, he tapped the home button his watch and brought up a holographic calendar in the air above it. He fingered it in taps and swiping motions to bring up more information about the agenda he knew about for the day. "Let's see.... Nope, nothin' scheduled that I see. Guess we get to be surprised." He taped the home button again and the floating hologram vanished.

He contemplated popping in a dip pack, but he didn't like to do that before breakfast. Today's flavor was mint.

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Bennies: 3/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:54 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Notice - 3
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Jasper sat in the smoking lounge finishing up a cigarette while staring longingly at the flame dancing from the top of his lighter. Checking the time, he sighs softly as he flips the top back up and extinguishing the flame before stubbing out his butt in the provided receptacle. Walking back up stairs Jasper sees two of his squad already out in the common area looking ready to go.
"Morning," Jasper says in greetings. "The schedule hasn't been posted yet. Anyone know whats the plan for today yet?" He waits for the reply, before asking another question in an off hand way. "Any ideas on how you would get two extra mattresses? Is that something that would have to be requisitioned or did anyone see a room with extras in it?" A small smirk plays across Jasper's face as he thinks about earlier this morning when he woke up. -Damn, near tripped over the one that was lying on the ground in my room, and the one against the wall was a nice touch. I bet Sam is gonna love that when he wakes up...-

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 21/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/3


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:07 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Notice 13
Skill: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Joe wakes to see Lucius as he is most mornings, propped up in bed with his headphones and exomon display on. He's been more than happy to share what he's looking at with anyone who asks over the course of the last month. Books and vids detailing strategic tactics for every command size, documentaries and news footage of any political personality he can find, general news about the Chi-Town and the CS as a whole.

He stays engrossed in his studies, a melodic metal band barely audible outside his headphones, until the call comes. Standing and stowing his PDA and glasses he walks to the head in his boxers, he'd showered the night before but he took the time use the head, then a quick shave. He nods to Marshall, Colton, and Maddocs as he walks past the communal room to get a cup of coffee, his headphones still blaring he misses anything said unless they make a deliberate effort to be noticed.

Coffee secured he returns to his room and finally ditches his headphones. Pulling his clothes from the drawers he forces it closed, even with the abundance of storage space his PX trip at the start of the month had stocked it well. He dresses quickly and heads out, grabbing a fresh pack of Bossman cigars and his lighter on the way out he joins the others in the communal room.

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Corporal Lucius Draper
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7/5); Strain: 2/6
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
C-30 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
-- Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3


Last edited by Lucius Draper on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 am
Posts: 29
Reply with quote
Notice 29(31)
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace Die 1d8 = 8 (8)
Ace Ace Die 1d8 = 8 (8)
WTF Ace Die 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 1 (1)
PSIScent Related Bonus (If applicable): +2
Notice: 29(31)


Hunter was up and at em like a 'good dogboy' should be. He'd been particularly motivated to give it his best in the past while due to the fact he'd actually been treated really well compared to most of his past. The fact that he seemed to get along well with his squad mates only furthered his desire to help them however he could. The first thing he did was check and make sure all his kit was in order and in it's proper place. This was just something that had been drilled into him, and something he'd learned was really important. Making sure everything was where it should be, was replaced when used, and was properly stowed meant he knew where it was when he needed it in a pinch. Not only that but it made it so much easier to carry if it was all properly distributed. His only gripe, like that the vast majority of dogboys had, was the helmet.

Sure it was awesome they gave him one of the 'good' suits, but the helmets were somewhat uncomfortable and really annoyed him in that they blocked out his ability to properly smell and see the world around him. As a result he went around without it on when ever he could get away with it, though he always made sure to have it proper secured, be it having it stuffed in a drop pouch or sitting at the very top of the gear stuffed into his pack.

_________________
Goodwill Hunting
Bennies: 3
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Charisma: 0; Pace: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 4; Strain: 0
Hindrances: Outsider, Vow, Weakness (leylines), Bloodthirsty, Distrust/Dislike D-Bees, Loyal.
Edges: Tracking Breed, Keen Sense of Smell, Natural Weapons, Psychich Sense, Alertness, Trademark Weapon, Sniper.


Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4 = 4 (4) Wild: 1d6 = 2 (2)


Alan gets up with roll call, gets dressed and cleans his room. He has gotten into the habit with Solene, almost making it a competition on who can get it done first. When she starts to take down some of the posters, he speaks up with the one over her bunk. "Keep that one up, she's pretty."

Quote:
"Let's roll. And, if I get hurt out there, make sure and give me the good stuff for the pain."


With a smile, "Two aspirin, got it." Alan leaves the room ready to go. It has been one hell of a month, time in the gym and class has been pretty rough.

Walking into the communal room, Alan naturally gravitates towards Casanova. "Do you staple that wig to your head or do you work at it?"

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 1


Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:32 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Notice 3
1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)


Logan wakes up almost 20 minutes prior to Dansk calling out for everyone to get ready to roll out dry heaving into his waste bucket that he started keeping next to the head of his bed. His sinuses have not gotten any less severe in the month that he's be in Old Chicago. Checking the top bunk, he finds Colton fast asleep, and from experience knows that his watch will wake him up five mintues prior to their normal wake up times. Logan grabs two packets of his Green Apple Drink Mix and adds them to Colton's bottle of conditioner and closes it up and shakes it to mix it in before placing it back in its proper place. He then takes Colton's open can of dip as well as one his pens, carefully removes the tube containing the ink, then carefully squeezes the ink into the individual packs of dip. Logan closes it back up and places it back where he found it.

He grabs his towel, body wash, shampoo, shaving cream, and razor and heads out to the hall to see if the showers are occupied. If it wasn't for sweating the way he does in his sleep, he could probably take a shower before going to bed at night and not need to worry about squeezing one in during the morning rush. Seeing as how Dansk is using the showers, Logan goes ahead and shaves and uses the facilities. He hears Dansk's calling out to Bear Two as he is coming out of the latrines and immediately takes a quick five minute shower. A huge benefit of short hair is that I can take much faster showers. Logan thinks to himself.

He finds Dansk to get permission to get into his locker (if required), then goes to his locker in the garage and dons his armor, checks his weapons, then checks his other gear, before going to the muster area. If there is anyone else to talk to, Logan will ask "Do you know what they have planned for us today?"

_________________
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 2

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Last edited by Logan Wright on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
{{Prior Notice Check Carried Over}}

Alan Klinger wrote:
Walking into the communal room, Alan naturally :roll: gravitates towards Casanova. "Do you staple that wig to your head or do you work at it?"


"My good doctor, all true art is a labor of love..." Raleigh Ray snarked with a sideways grin. "Some artists work in sculptures, others oil paintings...Me? Hair is my true medium."

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Bennies: 3/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 632
Reply with quote
Time: 0630
About 25 minutes after Dansk appears. No one has left the common room, aside to hit the smoking lounge, let alone gone to get into the armory before they have orders too. Most remember that time the dogboy from Bear One decided to go down and check E-clip charge before he got permission, and how he was on floor scrubbing detail for a month. To his credit, he seemed to be very good at cleaning with a toothbrush. She sends Draper and his counterpart ahead with a note (see below) and then gathers Bear Two on her. "We're headed to briefing room 15-1-13-Bravo. Move out." All of them were very familiar with the room. It was where their first dinner as a platoon had been, and where every subsequent platoon meeting was held.

As the group filters in, there is coffee and breakfast sandwiches on the table, along with yogurt and applesauce pouches. There are a few pint cartons of milk and orange juice, probably less than a dozen. As you all enter, either Dansk or the LT instructs you to "Eat while we're waiting and talking. Be done when I'm done talking." They both begin wolfing down a sandwich or two, plus a pouch of applesauce. Dansk, as usual, grabs one of the only chocolate milks on the table and downs it in one drink, looking quite satisfied. Everyone had learned that the day went better when the Sergeant had her chocolate milk. And there was always one apple juice, and it was the LT's. Colton had made that mistake one morning, and after complaining ended up on a field day of the entire armory, cleaning and polishing everything in it. To be fair, it needed it, but normally it was an all hands on deck job. No one made that mistake again. Bear One's corporal had tried to warn Colton, but had been just too late. Everyone else operated on first come first serve, though the corporals were the ones who got food when they had platoon meetings like this, and got their own needs met because of this.

The LT speaks to the assembled platoon. "Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of you, we have a combat patrol. I only just got the details, and you'll be getting your orders from your squad leader. We will be splitting on two separate objectives. Bear One will go with First Platoon on a long range combat patrol of an area downtown near the river. There are a few buildings near an automated strong point that we need to demo after the First clears it of squatters. Bear Two will go with Second and Third Platoons to do a Combat Patrol of an area north of downtown. You should be out of the hot zone, but honestly it's been a few months since anyone has been through there. The Second and Third will recon in force, and call for buildings to be dropped. Scouting elements of those platoons are already in position, so you should have some intel once you reach the Op Zone. We'll be travelling in convoy there on most patrolled routes, but we get squatters and combatants that will ambush us from time to time. If you become part of an ambush situation while in transit, lay down cover fire and push through. I'm authorizing an extra Mauler suit for each platoon. Colton, Jitters, you get the nod for each squad." Jitters was a kind of hard case who got rattled during one of their ops. Not scared, but nervous - he'd been Jitters ever since. He also drank about fifteen cups of coffee a day given a chance, and usually carried a canteen full of it in the field, in addition to his water. "Both power armors will man the door positions, and everyone else pile in the back. Once we're in the field, each group will get chopped a couple of skelebots for perimeter patrol." He glances to both controllers with a smile. "Yes boys, you'll get operational control, but only as directed by either squad leader and squad XO."

He looks around. "We don't have many details and no maps that will help us. You will have artillery support in the form of a platoon of UAR-1s operating in each Op Zone. There are also aerial drones that can be tasked for recon, but those are meant for the combat forces. We'll have more information once on site. Make no mistake, there is nothing routine or controlled about this op. We are jumping off in the deep end. Keep chatter to a minimum and stay off radios unless you have something important to say. It is 0640, I want all of you in the armory getting suited up. Buddy up. Two to help each power armor get suited up, then one buddy to help another get suited up in armor. Once you are armored and armed, I want those vehicle check lists done. Sergeant Dansk and I will be along in a few. Corporals, I want to be doors shut at 0700, so get it done."


Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 26
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice
1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Notice Total: 11
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Joe heads to the conference room as told, not being super talkative. When the commanders in the room tell Joe to eat, he quickly grabs a sandwich, a yogurt and a milk. Joe barely takes the time to unpackage the sandwich before eating it in three or four bites, he follows this up with drinking the small milk carton in one long pull. Joe Heads to the trash, and finishes the yogurt pouch before tossing the garbage in the can. Not to bad, beats meat surprise MRE. Joe grabs a cup of coffee before he takes a seat and waits for the commander to tell the group what they'll be doing.

Joe listens with interest when they are told what will be going on. Chance of combat, but definitely will get a chance to practice demolitions. So good deal either way. Joe thinks with a smile. Joe isn't surprised when they're told how little time they have to be ready.

Joe waits to be dismissed and joins the others in heading to the Armory. Joe is quick to help others get suited up, hoping they'll return the favor. When given the chance he goes and helps the Power Armor pilots get suited up. Once Joe is sure the others are ready, he hustles to get loaded into the APC.

_________________
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Notice 6
Notice: 1d8 = 6 (6)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Taking what could be her last opportunity for a shower, Bouchard arrives at breakfast slightly after the others. She grabs whatever food they left for her and wolfs it down quickly before the semi-formal briefing starts. She doesn't relish the idea of a long range patrol. Flaying over the ruins in a SAMAS they were just scenery, but on the ground they were a twisted jungle of mega-steel, alien flora, and threats. If the active threats from the Federation of Magic or rift activity didn't threaten you then passive threats like sink holes, falling debris, or unusual weather would. Old Chicago is a engineering platoon's nightmare. So much stuff to be moved, excavated, and blasted. It is a never ending tasks. On the plus side, at least they would never be bored.

Solene was glad for the extra Mauler. Not only would there be someone to share the load for lifting and tugging but you could never have too many missiles launchers in your squad. Bouchard still has a soft spot for the Mauler, while not as high profile as the SAMAS, it was strong, tough, and loaded for bear. She also felt a little nationalistic pride that it was built in Iron Heart. All the other states relied on Chi-Town for production capacity, but Iron Heart had managed its own industrial base prior to joining the Coalition. Just part of what made them the toughest state in the union.

When it is time to move Bouchard works with Colton to get him geared up in his Mauler first, then gets into her own. Then of course came the dreaded waiting. The Lieutenant made them rush to get here but Bouchard is certain they would be delayed in leaving. Hurry up and wait is an age old military protocol.

_________________
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Skill 1d6 = 4 (4)
Wild 1d6 = 1 (1)

Filing into the briefing with the others Lucius helps himself to a sandwich, yogurt, and orange juice. The Lt. made it clear there's a lack of intel at this point so there were no questions he could think of that might actually get an answer.

Moving to the armory he accepts help from Joe, and quickly returns the favor. While Joe helps Colton. Lucius continues to help others before moving on to assist Joe get Bouchard into the Mauler.

After everyone is armored he moves down the squad, doing a final check of each suit and making sure they have their full compliment of issues weapons. Finally, with all of Bear 2 set there's nothing left to do but wait.

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Corporal Lucius Draper
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7/5); Strain: 2/6
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
C-30 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
-- Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3


Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:48 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Notice 9
1d8 = 8 (8) Ace!
Notice Ace 1d8 = 1 (1)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)


Logan grabs a sandwich and a milk carton (unless they are all gone in which case he'll take an orange juice). Having realized a few days into his tour there that every meal that didn't come pre-packaged could be his last for a while, so Logan made sure to enjoy the sandwhich and fresh(ish) drink while waiting for the briefing to start and during it. If he feels like the briefing is going to end sooner than he expected, he wolf the rest of his food down and gulp the rest of his drink. When Colton walks in with his hair unchanged, Logan realized he had added the Green Apple Drink Mix to the wrong bottle of hair conditioner. Instead of putting it in the bottle that Colton was using now, he had accidentally put it in his back up botttle. But no worries becaue the way that Colton went through hair product, he'd be cracking into that modified bottle in no time. Keeping a close eye on what can of dip he was using, Logan worried that he had put the ink into a pack that Colton decided not to grab.

Before the briefing was over, Logan raised his hand and asked "Have the buildings been pre-selected or are the combat patrols gong to make the decision in the field as to which buildings are coming down? The reason I am asking is I would like to study any intel we have on the buildings on our way out, style of archetecture, type of materials the buildings are made out of, position of load bearing columns, proximity to other dangers such as old gas lines, toxic sites, etcetera. I'd like to try and plan as much of this out before we get on site if that is possible, which means that don't have to place more charges than we need to which means we can get in and out as quickly as possible.

After the briefing, Logan follows the rest of his unit to the garage when he noticed that the can of dip that Colton had on him today was not the same pack that he had put ink in. Once in the garage, he assisted Colton getting into his suit of power armor, double checking everything. Before going to the next person who needed his help, Logan put a hand on the power armor's shoulder and solemnly said to him "Colton, you watch your ass out there. Just because you're in that suit of power armor makes you harder to hurt, it also makes you a bigger threat and more likely to take enemy fire if it finds us today. Don't try to be big Billy Bad Ass and get yourself killed."

_________________
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 2

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 632
Reply with quote
The LT looks to Wright and nods. "We have no such luck, PFC Wright, but it'd be nice. Between faerie and elemental creatures rebuilding ruins, magic users doing the same, and our lack of concrete intel, that sort of information just isn't possible. That's why we've got the extra power armor and infantry support. Let them take the lead after your recon teams. On that note, we'll be bulking up the recon teams with at least one person from the squad. See your Squad leader for assignments."


Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
Alan enjoys the food on the table, knowing that this doesn't happen often. Sitting there listening to the briefing, enjoying his food and drink. Once the briefing is complete, Alan will hustle to the barracks. At the barracks It's time to suit up and secure the med station. Once all of that is completed, if anyone needs help suiting up Alan will provide any assistance he can. I just hope that if things goes south, we can get rescued. Once everything is secured and everyone is suited up Alan will radio in. "Medic, all equipment and medicine secured and accounted for." Alan will secure himself in assigned seat.

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 1


Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:26 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Notice - 5
Notice: 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Jasper hits the briefing room with the rest of the squad, grabs something to eat and drink and listens intently to the LT's words as he eats. -Guess no scouting detail this time seeing that other groups will already have that covered. I'm sure Hunter and me will get enough practice as time moves forward.-
Getting down to the armory, Jasper helps Hunter suit up first. "Should be a walk in the park with all that's moving out with us." Jasper says as he pats Hunter on the shoulder and gives the armor a little tug to make sure its secure. Moving onto getting himself suited up next, Jasper makes sure he is ready before moving onto help whoever else might need a hand first before lending a hand to those getting suited into power armor as well.
-Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.- His grandfather's voice seemed to float up and into his mind as he stood ready for the orders to move out.

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 21/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/3


Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 am
Posts: 29
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4 (4)
+2 for Psi/Smell based perception
Total: 4(6)


Hunter for his part keeps to himself during the briefing as usual. Honestly he's busy packing away what good food he can while he can. Who knew when he'd get to eat this well again? Besides all the humans made the decisions around here so he left them to it. What he does with equal intensity however is check over his gear when the time comes. Everything is 'just so' and in 'just the right place' according to his own feelings on the matter within reason. The only thing he doesn't secure right away is his helmet. That he prefers to leave off though if he gets the sense he might get in trouble for not wearing it he does. Otherwise the rest of the time he keeps it off, but very close at hand at all times. It didn't take an expert to notice that, like the vast majority of other dogboys, he really didn't like wearing the helmet, even if he knew why it was important to. Going to have to keep my eyes and ears sharp out there. So many places for enemy snipers to hide....

_________________
Goodwill Hunting
Bennies: 3
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Charisma: 0; Pace: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 4; Strain: 0
Hindrances: Outsider, Vow, Weakness (leylines), Bloodthirsty, Distrust/Dislike D-Bees, Loyal.
Edges: Tracking Breed, Keen Sense of Smell, Natural Weapons, Psychich Sense, Alertness, Trademark Weapon, Sniper.


Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls --- Notice 9
Notice 1d8 = 8 (8)
Wild Die 1d6 = 2 (2)
Ace! 1d8 = 1 (1)


The moment Draper walked into view, Raleigh Ray could feel the electricity in the air. Something real was about to go down! The training wheels were about to come off.

High Command wrote:
Dansk sends Draper and his counterpart ahead with a note (see below) and then gathers Bear Two on her. "We're headed to briefing room 15-1-13-Bravo. Move out."


"Forgot something! Be right there, boss!" Raleigh Ray said as he began to dash back to quarters. He could sense it. Today was going to different! Today called for something stronger than mere Mint. Today called for Bold Flavor dip packs!

As quick as he could, the man raced into his room and was grateful to see a tin of snus packs already pulled out, neetly waiting for him in plain view. "Ha! Lucky day!"

In a flash the tin went into a pocket, and the locked door slammed shut behind him. Off he ran to catch up with the others and get to the meeting on time.

Once there in the staff room, Colton saw the bevy of breakfast beverages and sandwiches on the table. He grabbed one yogurt, one breakfast sandwich, and nothing else. He knew from experience that touching the chocolate milk would be death, touching the milk would be treacherous, and touching the apple juice would only get him in more trouble cleaning more shit. Only undisputed coffee would pass his lips from then on in the mornings, and usually later in the morning at that!

He finished his edibles just in time for the mission briefing to begin.

High Command wrote:
The LT speaks to the assembled platoon. "... I'm authorizing an extra Mauler suit for each platoon. Colton, Jitters, you get the nod for each squad." ... "Once we're in the field, each group will get chopped a couple of skelebots for perimeter patrol." He glances to both controllers with a smile. "Yes boys, you'll get operational control, but only as directed by either squad leader and squad XO."


When the word Mauler was mentioned by the commanding officer, Colton peed himself just a tiny squirt out of excitement. When it was mentioned that he would be getting Skelebots too, then he had to adjust himself in his seat to prevent him from actually wetting his pants out of pure giddy delight and unrestrainable joy.

After he regained his composure, Raleigh Ray was relieved that he hadn't had his morning coffee yet, otherwise this would have been a complete puddle-level event.

Immediately after the briefing, Raleigh Ray went to the power armor bay to get suited up into his kind-of-shiny, somewhat used, only-slightly-smelly-on-the-inside, power armor. He then realized that smell was just a liberal use of disinfectant wipes; nothing he couldn't get used to.

As part of his preparations, Raleigh Ray duct taped a paper coffee cup to the inside chest of the power armor, almost neck high, and then popped in a Bold flavor dip pack. 'Perfect'! He thought to himself. 'Though this spit-cup would work better in a more-roomy Terror Trooper.'

Joe Marshal wrote:
When given the chance he goes and helps the Power Armor pilots get suited up.


Solène Bouchard wrote:
When it is time to move Bouchard works with Colton to get him geared up in his Mauler first, then gets into her own.


As Bouchard and Joe came over to help, Raleigh Ray was grateful for the unbidden helping hands. "Thank you." he said to them both, as they seated him, tightened his belts, adjusted his straps, and sealed the fighting infantry power armor up. "Let's get some! ... Some building knocked flat. Fuck it, this is still exciting! Hoo Ah!!"

With the Mauler locked tight, Raleigh Ray began to run his checklist, making sure all systems were running with nominal operating parameters. It was then Wright came over to help with the checklist.

Logan Wright wrote:
Once in the garage, he assisted Colton getting into his suit of power armor, double checking everything. Before going to the next person who needed his help, Logan put a hand on the power armor's shoulder and solemnly said to him "Colton, you watch your ass out there. Just because you're in that suit of power armor makes you harder to hurt, it also makes you a bigger threat and more likely to take enemy fire if it finds us today. Don't try to be big Billy Bad Ass and get yourself killed."


"Ya know, I had a dog named Boo-Boo Badass. Toughest dog there ever was... though he did have a completely incontinent colon. Kind of a double entendre thing goin' on with his name there... Anyhoo, don't you worry about me. I'll be walkin' around with my two Skelebot meat-shields! If a situation looks too dire, I'll, Kamikaze those two little metal doof-heads so fast, it'll make Mr. Demon's head spin... Well, spin even more than normal."

He then opened up his helmet and looked Wright square in the eye, his bottom lip getting a little bit of a quiver with emotion. "Now don't you die on me out there. You're a good man, despite the stick up your ass and all the weird noises you make. I can always trust you to have my back. ... I trust you, Wright." To save manly face, Raleigh Ray closed up the Mauler's helmet again and gave Wright a trembling thumbs up. "I tust you more than this Bold flavor dip today. ... What the fuck is up with this dog-ass flavor?"

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Bennies: 3/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Jasper Maddocs wrote:
"Should be a walk in the park with all that's moving out with us."

His helmet secured in place Lucius shakes the grinning skull. "No such thing as a walk in the park. The best efforts to pre sweep an area can fail against a committed enemy. That's not even factoring in magic or other garbage tricks the enemy uses. Be calm and confident, but never cocky. Never forget how serious an assignment can get every time we walk out of these walls."

Staying off the radio his voice is tinny and a little flat coming through the suit speakers. "No idea if there's time for it, but anyone have any last minute requests for gear?"

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Corporal Lucius Draper
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7/5); Strain: 2/6
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
C-30 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
-- Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3


Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 632
Reply with quote
Combat Patrol: Welcome to the jungle, baby. You're going to die!
Date: July 1, 109 P.A.
Time: 0745; It is light.
Temp: 71 degrees, F but warming up.
Weather: Clear
Ley Line info: The battle takes place on a ley line.
Location: The Ambush site; see map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing

The crew all loads up and is ready to roll by 0700. Both APCs, the jeep, and both hovercycles are backed out and the doors are coming down by then. From there they drive through base and to Bridgehead. The EPC hasn't gone a quarter of klick before the contents of spit cup (thankfully a small amount) has been dumped onto Colton. He decides to swallow the rest, for it's better than wearing it. He's also considering stripping it out by the time they reach their first destination. From there they join up with six Mark V APCs (3 platoons), their escort vehicles (4 hovercycles each), two four robot UAR-1 Enforcer platoons, and a platoon of 32 SAMAS. Dansk and the LT briefly dismount at this point to confer with the platoon commanders and XOs.

When Dansk gets back, she pulls the squad out of the APC and addresses Marshal. "Private First Class, I want you to hop into the back of that hover jeep and take command of that element. When we arrive I'll give you three your marching orders. There is a C-29 in the cabinets, grab it as a heavy weapon." She turns to Jasper and Hunter. "While in Transit, Hunter you're on the rail gun. When we reach the location, dismount, and Marshal you bring that C-29. SOP will be Hunter lead, Maddocs trail, with Marshall as your meaty center. You will recon the buildings first. I don't care what the infantry scouts say about the status of the buildings, we don't move until you clear it. If we run into an ambush situation, you guys will provide harassment and cover so the column may advance. You'll be supported by the SAMAS platoon."

She addresses the squad in full now. "The 118th Engineering Company is already on site with heavy road building equipment and will be assisting us with the heavy lifting and clearing, but they've taken casualties and artillery and demo clearing hasn't removed the danger. That's why we're going. If we find a monster hole, we'll hold the entrance and let the infantry do their job. If they locate a priority demo target, that's on us. A month ago this area was clear. Something moved in. Also, we're searching for bodies. Not all of the 118th's casualties have been recovered. I don't have any other information, this is all intel that platoon of SAMAS just obtained and brought back. There's a squad of SAMAS providing security for the 118th right now, but we're relieving them."

About that time a truck pulls up with a large heavy duty boxed utility trailer behind it. It pulls up behind their vehicle, and another pulls up behind Bear One's EPC. Dansk looks over, and directs Colton and Wright to hook it up. "We're hauling these to the site. It's command tents, mess gear, and barracks tents in case this turns into a multi-day op like we think it will. We get to set them up while the grunts start their sweep and clear."

Everyone loads back up after the trailers are attached, and they move out. It's 20 minutes later when they pull off the Old Chicago Highway onto the Waukegan Highway, and five minutes later when they pull off that only Kashbrook Road. The scouting elements have made it down the road, as have the UAR-1s when the lead Mark V is struck by a missile volley! Two wheels are blown to bits and something is wrong with the steering, which causes it to skid out of control and end up blocking most of the road. Its occupants spill out as two of the other APCs move through, followed by Bear 1. There's some radio traffic as three other Mark Vs pull up to stop. They they all hear Dansk over the squad radio net. "Alright Bear 2, time to punch the donuts. We've got attackers on both sides. Maulers dismount and pursue targets together. Armor elements from the infantry are doing the same. Marshal, take your crew and skirmish the enemy with the Maulers. Stay on the highway! Everyone else, grab a gun port and open fire. Take out any target you see. Draper, you shoot, I'll drive! Save the missiles for when you have excellent targeting."

Let's use the quick combat rules and knock this out quick.
Quick Combat Rules:
No cards are dealt in Quick Combat. Instead, the Game Master sets the scene, then each player chooses the primary skill he wants to use and how he plans to use it. The skill should generally be a combat ability such as Fighting, Shooting, Spellcasting, or the like, but anything is allowed that makes sense and fits the action described. Each player then rolls the chosen skill and adds or subtracts the following cumulative modifiers:
Force Make-up Modifiers: Neither side has a sufficient numerical or firepower superiority
Tactical situation: The Coalition forces are pinned down on the open terrain of a highway, and must defend an injured vehicle while it undergoes emergency repairs. All PC rolls are at -2.


Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 am
Posts: 29
Reply with quote
Hunter gave a firm nod in response to being told to man the Railgun at the back of the hovercraft. He actually rather liked that since it was even better than sticking your head out the window! Of course the downside was, for now he was keeping his helmet on. Uncomfortable as it was, he knew this time they were going in to what they had been told in advance was a really 'hot' area. That meant he expected trouble, though he still found it annoying. The helmet interfered with his ability to smell things for starters, and that had a significant impact on his ability to detect potential warning scents. Then again, at least while zooming around in the hovercraft, he wouldn't be able to smell much of use in time anyway, and he knew it was better to keep his head in one piece if something happened. Being in the cupola meant he was an exposed (and thus relatively easy) target, since not all of him would be covered by armoured glass and walls. He knew if he was going to ambush anyone on a convoy one of his primary targets would be anyone sticking their heads up out of hatches and the like. So he just assumed any enemy snipers would do the same.

The long trip without incident did have him let his guard down a little bit, but with the APC in the lead he had no time to spot the ambush before it hit. As soon as he hears the scream of the missiles though his attention was back up. He wasn't really sure what he'd heard though, he'd seen a little combat here and there but nothing serious of course. Not quite sure what to do he called out the rather obvious "Contact!" to the others in the jeep even as he eyed around for targets to open fire on. As soon as he did he swung the mounted heavy weapon around and opened fire without hesitation. He'd been given orders and he was all too happy to comply with them. The hum of the powerful electromagnets charging up as he started firing was quickly drowned out by the sharp 'crack crack crack' of the railgun rounds firing off as fast as he could find targets to shoot at.

The others in the Jeep could possibly even hear him letting out a sort of rather odd sound, his version of 'evil laughter' as he finally had live targets to kill. HAHAHAHAHAAAA! Your mine you bastards!

OOC Comments
Primary Skill:
Shooting: 1d10 = 4 (4)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Penalty: -2
Extra Effort (-1 Bennie) 1d6 = 4 (4)
Total: 9

Secondary Skill (If applicable)
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d8 = 8 (8) (NOTE: Ooops, made it D8. I'll re-roll)
Wild Die Re-roll (Proper die code this time!): 1d6 = 1 (1)
Penalty: -2
Total: 1

_________________
Goodwill Hunting
Bennies: 3
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Charisma: 0; Pace: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 4; Strain: 0
Hindrances: Outsider, Vow, Weakness (leylines), Bloodthirsty, Distrust/Dislike D-Bees, Loyal.
Edges: Tracking Breed, Keen Sense of Smell, Natural Weapons, Psychich Sense, Alertness, Trademark Weapon, Sniper.


Last edited by Hunter on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 26
Location: CS Fighting Joes
Reply with quote
Notice 5, Shooting 11
Notice: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 5 (5)
Shooting: 1d8-2 = -1 (1)
Wild Die: 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 2: 1d6 = 1 (1)


Joe is surprised when he's given command of the team in the Hovercar, and chuckles to himself when the sergeant gives him orders to use the C-29. "I'm not rated for that Ma'am." (Not strong enough to use it.) "I have grenades that will do pretty much the same thing though." Joe continues with. Either she'll laugh or she'll kill me. Joe thinks while keeping what could be considered a neutral stance.

As the team moves along, Joe speaks up. "Keep your heads on a swivel boys. Never know whats gonna pop up." Almost on queue, the group is ambushed. "Me and my big mouth." Joe makes a quick look around at the situation. Out in the open and surrounded, not good. We're heavily armed and armored though so we got that going for us. "Pull up towards the southern building." Joe says as he unslings his C-16 and switches the the clip to the 18.5mm grenade rounds. "Gonna get messy boys." Joe says as he fires a grenade round towards the roof of the ancient clinic. Best case I hit one, worst case I level the roof... so not to bad either way.

_________________
PFC Joe Marshal
Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness:14 (7); Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-16A Close Combat Pump Rifle
Ammo: 16/16
Bennies: 2


Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 am
Profile
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Posts: 74
Reply with quote
Notice 8
Notice 1d6 = 1 (1)
Wild 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 2 (2)

K Battle 12
K/Battle +2,-2 1d8 = 5 (5)
Wild +2,-2 1d6 = 3 (3)
Extra Effort 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace 1d6 = 1 (1)

-1 Bennies

Draper rides along in silence pouring over the available, though outdated, maps and the recon reports from the other elements of their force. He isn’t some mutant psi, so he couldn’t have said exactly when the attack was coming but when it hit a part of his mind took grim satisfaction in noting it was in a spot he’d flagged. When Dansk calls out her orders he snaps open his harness and grabs his rifle, ”Aye Sergeant.” He respond while grabbing control of the APC mounted lasers and strafing targets. With the sensor and targeting data streaming to his console the chaos begins fall into place in his mind, like pieces of a puzzle. He suddenly realizes the damaged MkV’s flank, and worse the repair crew were still partially exposed. He looks over the area, seeing a low wall and rubble pile blocking the path they'd need to drive. Switching the controls to missiles, he fires one into the base of the wall. The high explosive warhead detonates on impact, sending the debris into shredded chaff and blasting a section of the wall into dust. ”Sergeant! The wall at one o’clock. If that missile team repositions those guys are toast. Put us in between them, if we can’t flush them out we can at least take the shot.” Bringing the laser controls up again he begins to return fire, sending blasts at any targets and watching for any changes in the flow of the battle.

_________________
Corporal Lucius Draper
Corporal Lucius Draper
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7/5); Strain: 2/6
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
C-30 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (30/30*); (30/30) - 2 e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
-- Ammo: (60/60*); (60/60); (60/60) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Credits: 3,204
Bennies: 3


Last edited by Lucius Draper on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.



Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm
Posts: 30
Reply with quote
Notice 4
Notice: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Wild: 1d6 = 3 (3)


Take cover.

The first rule of infantry as far as Bouchard is concerned. While her Mailer affords her excellent armor protection it is still unwise to tempt fate, or an enemy sniper. Moving into plasma range and taking up a position behind some rubble she sites in on the targets.

The plasma weapon is an excellent choice for clearing out light to medium armoured threats. If whatever it is proves to have tough skin, then her rail gun or missiles will be needed.

”In position, call targets."

Shooting 11
Shooting 1d10 = 5 (5)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)
extra effort: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Ace: 1d6 = 2 (2)
total: 13-2 =11

-1 bennies

_________________
PFC Solène Bouchard
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 7; Strain: 0;
Weapon in hand: C-40R Rail Gun (2d8+4 (AP: 6, MD), 75/150/300, ROF: 4)
Ammo: 50/50
Bennies: 3
Toughness in Flight Suit: 8 / Toughness in Power Armor: 20 (10)/ Toughness in CA-4 Body Armor: 16 (7)


Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 38
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4-2 = 0 (2) wild: 1d6-2 = 0 (2)


Alan takes his rifle, and looks out his port hole. This is my time, people are hurt and they need me to save them. Alan takes shots at his targets hoping to be able to rescue those in need. "What is the status of the injured? Do they need immediate assistance?" Alan asks with a sense of hope, and anticipation of being useful.

OOC Comments
Shooting: 1d4-2 = 1 (3) Wild: 1d6-2 = -1 (1)


Alan is not able to see any enemy targets to shoot at, his sense of usefulness is diminishing once again. This sucks. No targets, don't know if i'm even needed.

_________________
Prvt. Alan Klinger
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 6;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 1


Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 pm
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Notice 3 or 5 for Vision based Notice checks
1d8-2 = 3 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 = 4 (4)


Common Knowledge 3
1d8-2 = 2 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5 (5)


On the drive there, Logan is making small talk with anyone in the APC with him. "Did you guys catch last night's Battle 'Borg BMX race? I thought for sure that Big Bad Billy West was gong to win, but when Laser Suit Larry managed to get his Vibro-Sword in the spokes of the Billy's front wheel, it was all over. And that Kick Flip to the head that Tough Tony Gunderson took knocked his cybernetic eye out of his head clear into the front row seats in the Iron Dome, Holy Cow!" Logan exclaims.

When the ambush starts, Logan calls out to Dansk "Can I get some focused fire on the structural supports that I target? Let's collapse the building from under the feet of the ambushers!

Knowledge Engineering 10
1d8-2 = 5 (7)
Wild Die 1d6 = 3 (3)

-1 Bennie Extra Effort 1d6 = 3 (3)
+2 for Elan = 5


Logan places eight shots dead onto the structural supports on two adjacent buildings, then watches as focused fire from several sources follows his shots, making quick work of the structural supports, causing the front of the building to collapse and crushing the ambushers that were on top of those buildings.

_________________
Pvt. Logan Wright
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:14(7); Strain: 1;
Weapon in hand: CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Ammo: 60/60
Bennies: 2

Alts: Bane, XO of the 13th SET, The Quiet Ones


Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:05 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Notice - 12
Notice: 1d8 = 8 (8)
Wild: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Ace: 1d8 = 4 (4)
Total = 12
Jasper nods in understanding of the orders as Dansk gives them, and takes up position in the drivers seat of the Jeep as the convoy moves out.

Jasper is driving the Jeep behind the APC when the excrement contacts the oscillating blades. -Jesus, are they fucking stupid attacking a convoy like this? They have to know it won't end well for them.- When Joe gives the order to move towards the southern building Jasper complies as he speaks, "Roger that." Keeping an eye on the Maulers and the wounded APC Jasper keeps the Jeep moving while psionicly stunning large groups of enemies when the opportunity shows itself, especially if they are carrying heavy weapons.

Drive - 6 -- Psi - 5
Drive: 1d4 = 2 (2)
Wild: 1d6 = 5 (5)
+1 Jeep Bonus
Total = 6

Psionic: 1d10 = 3 (3)
Wild: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6 = 1 (1)
-2
Total = 5

_________________
Private Jasper Maddocs
Anthem
Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness:12(5); Strain: 0; Power Points: 20/20
Power Point Regeneration: 1/Hour
Weapon in hand: -Noted by asterisk(*)
C-20 Laser Pistol - Ammo: 21/21 - 2 extra e-clips
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle - Ammo: 60/60 - 3 extra e-clips
Vibro-Knife
Fragmentation Grenade: 2/2
Bennies: 3/3


Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 45
Reply with quote
Skill Rolls -- Notice 11 -- Repair 21 -- Shooting 3
Notice: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6 (6)
Wild Ace: 1d6 = 5 (5)

Primary Action
Repair: 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 1 (1)
Ace: 1d8+2 = 10 (8)
2nd Ace: 1d8+2 = 3 (1)
Penalty: -2
Total: 21 (four raises!)

Secondary Action
Shooting: 1d8 = 3 (3)
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3 (3)
Extra Effort (-1 bennie): 1d6 = 1 (1)


As the ill-tempered malfunctioning spit cup had its contents dribble on his chin and down his chest, Raleigh Ray contemplated a possible better design for his next spit cup. Perhaps one with a sponge integrated into the bottom that can help absorb the fluids so they don't splash around.

Then all of a sudden, the shit hit the fan! The missiles ripped into the lead APC, and Raleigh Ray didn't need to have any special training to understand they were just now trapped in a kill box. As long as that damaged Mk V was out of commission and unable to steer its way off or down the road, they were stuck right there in the middle of Enemy Fire Central.

He heard his orders from Dansk loud and clear; that he was to get out with the other Mauler and lay down heavy fire on the enemy and stay on the highway. Though he was filled with jitters, butterflies, and a nervous colon that warned that shit like a police battering ram in a drug raid, he maned up, swallowed hard and went into combat.

While obeying orders to the best of his ability, Raleigh Ray made his way to the front of the Convoy where he could take a quick look at the broken steering mechanism clearly exposed thanks to the explosion that removed the front wheels. Of course there were others already working on the problem, but his mechanically honed eye got straight to the matter.

"It's the secondary suspension strut! It's pinching off that hydraulic actuator! Yank that shit out of there!" he productively pointed out, hoping to expediate the matter and get his ass out of this terrible place as fast as humanly possible.

Lacking his tools to help the crew further, which were still back in the EPC, Raleigh Ray found quick cover near Bouchard and followed her lead, blasting the enemy to the best of his ability. Whatever she did, he was right there with her every step of the way from then on.

_________________
PFC Raleigh Ray Colton
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness:15(6); Strain: 1;
Weapons: (* indicates which is presently In Hand)
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle; Ammo: 3/3
C-20 Laser Pistol; Ammo 2/2
Vibro Knife
Bennies: 3/4 (reset: July 20, 2017)
EP Ledger


Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 am
Posts: 632
Reply with quote
GM reply incoming - WIP


Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.