View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:24 pm



Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ] 
 How Does It Start? 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 107
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
24 hours outside Hobo Town
  • Location: Southern Missouri
  • Population: a few hundred
  • Date & Time: 0520 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: Light clouds, light, gusty winds, 72 degrees F.
  • Visibility: Dawn

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

SHANE CARRIED NO GUN George, Mercy, Bronze
The dust and the miles don't do much to cheer anyone up. The 4th COT is still vividly aware of the damage they can do to a town. Something rings hollow at this moment about an outreach mission. Moving on was the best decision possible, with the hope that the fallout from "Hobo Town" doesn't spread too far and wide. The prairie isn't that exciting really, which might explain why the sting of the "event" is still so fresh.

The 4th are breaking camp - aka loading up the the Behemoth. Big Al's small army is buzzing around in the predawn hours. The eerie blue of the ley lines is fading as the sky brightens. The pinks, yellows and blues breaking over the horizon play across the Glitter Boy, making the venerable power armor look even more heroic. It is a reminder, maybe encouragement, for everyone.

Maps in this area are sparse, as is usual, but the scouts from Castle Refuge have tagged a few locations with populations that might be open to their message. The real trick, well, one of several tricks required in 110 PA, is to avoid the Coalition forces in the the northern Texas area. The route roughly follows some of the Golden Age roadways, it shouldn't be a long mission.

According to the map, the next stop, generously called Meredith Town, is a little over 100 miles west along the prairie road. It's situated on the edge of a lake and has a been a small supplier of flint to some of the traditionalists in the area, despite being a mix of cultures, dbees, and just about everyone else. The Behemoth carries a cargo bay full of medical supplies and basic tech items like e-clips, communication gear, and other trade supplies.

The town isn't necessarily expecting the COT though.

THE BULL PROVED TOO MUCH FOR US Khar-loez
Even an ostrasaurus wants to take a break every now and then. Khar-loez is standing next to his dinosaur surveying the area. He's been sidetracked from his journey north, avoiding some Coalition forces, so he's too far west of his destination. He's not dumb by any means. He may be a rustic of some sort, but he knows how to count. And fifteen black-armored soldiers and five flying power armor suits taking an unhealthy interest in him, is probably too much for him to handle alone. The question is, the small caravan breaking camp about a mile away, will they help?

The horizon is starting to lighten.

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:11 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Notice: 1d8 (+2 from alertness, -2 from nearby technology)

It has been a long trip from the swamp. Still, he has reached near his goal, but is not really sure how to go about finding the kin of his former partner. He has considered going into a human settlement to ask, but it would take the right kind of settlement, one that accepts Simvan with power. It might also help to come in human company, but he knows better than to approach those wearing the black skeletal armor, they tend to shoot his kind on sight.

Khar-loez considers the caravan below, and how best to approach them. It can be difficult, humans and most other D-Bees distrust Simvan. They do not understand how eating a fallen foe is honoring them, how it means that the spirit of the foe has been deemed a worthy source of some spiritual strength, be it physical strength, cunning, or toughness. As much as it sometimes bothers him, he has sworn off eating intelligent creatures unless they have accepted that spiritual truth.

Then there is his manner of dress, while it is not all that different from other Simvan, his clothing of bone reinforced dinosaur hide, his raptor claw dagger, and his being armed with a sling do set him apart from those Simvan who have taken to using weapons captured from city dwellers.

Well first, leave his Ostrasaurus here, close enough to come when he calls, but far enough not to seem threatening. Leave his weapons behind except the dagger and sling, they is small enough not to seem overtly threatening. Leave most of his gear strapped to the Ostrasaurus, keep on his armor though, if these prove a threat he will need it. Also keep his bracer of Armor and the Necklace of skill and the Speaking Headband, to anyone without magic knowledge those will seem nothing but savage ornaments. The healing bandages and the wooden leg remain behind with his tool kit, his survival pack, and his other goods.

He will approach on the open, though he might be able to sneak up to them, that would not be considered friendly. He will have his weapons on his belt and his hands open, held out palm up. He will walk forward slowly and will hail them in English, "One comes who is not a foe, speech is desired, exchange of service is offered." OK, so he is not very good in English without the Speaking Headband, but he has not energized that yet.


Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Big Al
Notice: 1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Ace Notice: 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice: 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Modifiers are for the Behemoth's sensors, so do not apply to small-scale things like tracking.

Notice Total: 8


Big Al whistles and waves George over as they are making the final preparations to get underway. Al points to the sensors, and George nods, getting on the radio to the rest of the crew.

"Okay, Murder Hobos, we've got a lone figure approaching from downhill; there's a larger heat signature up high, but it's hanging back. Looks like a reasonably friendly approach; let's respond in kind. Big Al and the Hospitallers will stay on the Behemoth, but everyone else should turn out; I'll take point, you guys cover me."

With that, Gorgeous George heads down to the ground level, and steps outside. He moves slowly, of course, with the club foot, but sees no reason for Aeschylus at this point--though he begins to reconsider when he sees the Simvan step past the treeline. Their appetites are well known, of course.

Ah, well, if worse comes to worse, I suppose we end up earning our nickname again. And maybe it won't come to that, even. And then the Simvan calls out his broken English greeting of peace, and the Grackletooth breaks into a huge, toothy grin.

"Not-foes are always welcome, traveler. I am Gorgeous George, we're with the Tomorrow Legion, 4th Community Outreach Team." The nickname, of course, is an internal reminder, best not to use that as the introduction. "How are you called, and what sort of exchange did you have in mind?"

OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 12 (6)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 9 (3)

No mechanical effect since it's between two PCs, just a basic, "How well does George convey friendliness and peaceful intent?" thing.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice other hostiles or an ambush: 1d8 (1)
Wild: 1d6 (1)
Glitch: 1d6 (5) -2 to notice rolls using suits systems.
Firing without being staked: Flung 2d6 (1, 5)

Persuasion, Just saying high: 1d4 (4) Ace 1d4 (1)
Wild: 1d6 (6) Ace 1d6 (6), Ace 1d6 (2)
Untrained:-2
GB cha bonus which could be a negative in this matter: +2
Does it really matter that those two rolls aced?

GM said to roll the ace, 12-14 depending on modifiers for persuasion, not bad!

Start Scene: Out of the GB Suit
End Scene: in GB suit, Chasing after GG

Jessica Bronze stands next to her GB suit looking out at the shimmering Laylines and the sun slowly rising. She has not said much since the "Event" and she is holding a letter from her father in her hand. Alshley, Divon, Turge, Qill, Micael, Avery, Aele, Vastal. Sargent Sheen, Diplomat Saraway, the twins Peeter and Petri Rominov. She shakes her head trying to clear it. Why Would Gorgeous George want to even keep me around. She runs her hands through her hair, and then looks down at the letter one last time.
She turns to the suit her voice cracking slightly, " He is so proud of me, and he shouldn't be." She pats the suit and then lets the wind take the letter to wherever it might go. Sorry Dad...

Gorgeous George's orders break her reprieve. Still looking at the Glitter Boy suit Jessica clicks her comm, " Alright Mercy, looks like we got to get going, play time is over." Jessica climbs in as Mercy exits. To a keen observer her legs actually pass through the suit without climbing in. Bronze starts up the suit hitting the bio-metric controls and shutting the hatch. She grabs the giant silvered chain sword strapped to the suits leg in her off hand, and runs toward Gorgeous George.
Alshley, Divon, Turge, Qill, Micael, Avery, Aele, Vastal. Sargent Sheen, Diplomat Saraway, the twins Peeter and Petri Rominov. I can never forget them. What the! Did GG call us Murder Hobos? She smiles and chuckles a little bit. Thanks Gorgeous you know how to lighten the mood.

"Shiny Hobo at your six Gorgeous George". Bronze moves about 20 feet behind Gorgeous George carefully scanning the horizon for other folks, people, creatures, and unfriendlies. From behind Gorgeous George Bronze pipes through her Speakers: " REGIONALLY APPROPRIATE GREETINGS- OH NOT GOOD, EVERYONE DOWN, GET AWAY!!!."
What, why are the fire controls turning on. Just like last time, some kind of sensor ghost.
The Glitterboy stumbles as it trips into a divot. Jessica reaches out instinctively for support but the only thing worth grabbing is her boom gun, and grab it she does, firing it into the air. Like thunder erupting it goes boom! " Yieeeeeee!!" Her stabilizing rockets toss her end over end into a dusty heap.

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Last edited by Jessica Bronze on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote
Dice
Notice d4+2 (-2 hearing) 1d4 (2) = (2 Fail for hearing GG but 4 Success for hearing Jessica)
Not wearing any armor right now: Pace: 12; Parry: 8; Toughness: 7 ((Reflexes, others are -2 to hit the Crazie))
Current outfit

Dressed in her black leather skin tight outfit and with just her old world pistol on her, the Crazie has left her armor piled up inside her APC. Mark, her APC, holds her stuff well, he's a good vehicle. Right now she is playing around inside Jessica's Glitter Boy Power Armor. What else does one do at 0520 on a Tuesday morning?

Mercy tilts her head, ears closer to Jessica and watches her speak, unconsciously reading the Pilots lips. Being hard of hearing lends to her lip reading even if she is unaware she is doing it.

As Jessica says time to go, Mercy reluctantly exits the beautiful Glitter Boy Armor. One day Mercy wants one for herself. Then she can be as awesome as Jessica. Mercy grins as Jessica seemingly floats into the suit of armor. So cool.

Following the power armor as it runs towards the boss man Grackle Tooth, Gorgeous George, Mercy grabs up her old world M411 rifle which was resting against Mercy's Mark V APC and sprints after Jessica. The old rifle, its pretty bullets and large scope is Mercy's favorite weapon to wield. With just a thought and a little mental prompting the rifle can be enhanced with silver or fire or holy rounds that will do damage even to a Glitter Boy. More than once a stupid Merc has laughed at her for bringing the old rifle to a modern fight, just to be whimpering moments later. Distracted and not really paying attention Mercy is caught off guard when Jessica has her incident.

Totally missing what the GB Pilot screamed just prior to her accidental discharge of the boom gun, Mercy hardly even notices the resounding boom. Half deaf and mind wondering the impact of the Glitter Boy slamming into Mercy is what brings her back to the moment. As the GB slams down into the dirt, and the dust settles, Mercy, her right arm the only thing visible under the power armor taps on the side of the Glitter Boy and a faint muffled, "Moof. Gef off meh." Is heard. Waiting for Jessica to stand back up and get off her, Mercy uses her once a day natural healing to fix her cracked shoulder. Unfazed by the injury she is more concerned about her hair and if Jessica is alright.

"Youf o key Jess? I sof'n yo landif" Mercy mumbles from under the prone power armor.

Once Jessica does stand up Mercy will ask her if she is alright and brush dirt and debris off the glitter boy suit. After ensuring Jess is OK, Mercy will stand by her with her M411 at a low ready, prepared to fight, and with her best smile on. After all, Simvan are the second cutest D-Bee's out there!

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (6)
Wild Ace 1d6 (2)

Notice 8 = Raise!


When Jess hollers, he whips his head around, and curses, diving forward in an effort to both get a bit more distance, and, if there's need, hopefully shield their guest. After the boom, he shudders and looks back, for a moment afraid that Mercy is simply gone, but then seeing her waving from underneath the Glitterboy, he relaxes a bit. Girl's damn near indestructible. She's got Jess, for now at least. I better salvage this if I can....

He dusts himself off, then nods to the Simvan, hands up in a placating gesture. "Apologies. It was an accident. Please, how can we help you?"

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Mercy wrote:

"Youf o key Jess? I sof'n yo landif" Mercy mumbles from under the prone power armor.

Once Jessica does stand up Mercy will ask her if she is alright and brush dirt and debris off the glitter boy suit. After ensuring Jess is OK, Mercy will stand by her with her M411 at a low ready, prepared to fight, and with her best smile on. After all, Simvan are the second cutest D-Bee's out there!


Comms, check! Weapons, Check! No breaches... Reboot the targeting and sensor systems... Yeah sensors are fried... Is there something moving under me? Mercy!

After a few moments the Glitterboy rolls off of Mercy. Jessica Bronze, yells out her voice nearly on the verge of hysteria, " ARE YOU OK GEORGE? MERCY? BIG AL? I CAN BARELY SEE ANYTHING."
Oh no, what if I hit something! The letter she had let fly in cruel irony flutters onto the front of the GlitterBoy, Jess you are my Hero- Dad it reads.

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:39 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
While as an eco-wizard, Khar-loez hesitates to approach large machines like the ATV. He is vaguely familiar with the Glitter boy, but he is pretty sure they are not supposed to be knocking themselves around and landing on their own allies like that. Fortunately the ally seems to have survived intact. He does not really need the Grackle Tooth to explain that the event was an accident...once his ears stop ringing enough to understand what was said.

He spends a small amount of PPE and activated his headband. It makes communications much clearer.

Speaking in his own language, he will be understood by any creature in range. The band is carved from the resonating chamber of a dinosaur with a loud voice and set with the skulls of several different birds that can be be taught to speak like parrots, ravens, and minahs. To those who understand symbolism, it is clearly meant for communications.

Of course, when magic channels into it, it does glow and the bird skulls seem to be covered with a minor illusion of life. It makes it plain that this is magic and can be impressive.

Khar-loez says, much more clearly once the magic is active, "I am Khar-loez, I have recently returned from the Dinosaur Swamp, where I learned the skills of the crafting shaman outsiders call the Eco-Wizard. I have much shil at living in the wilderness and can craft magic devices that function for those with magic or mental powers that can channel their energies into what I build. I am here looking to fulfil the last request of an old friend who was a Juicer and died some time ago. I had to finish my training before I could come to seek out those relatives, but I really do not know how to go about it."

When he speaks through the band, his voice is more resonant, his meanings clear. He is more impressive, the magic assures it.


Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Over his comm, he speaks briefly, calmly, his voice as soothing as can be--and it can be pretty soothing. "Jess, Mercy looks like she's okay, just gently and steadily get to your feet. If she's injured at all, take her inside to Big Al, and he'll see to any bumps and bruises. Copy?" Then George looks back at the Simvan.

"We might be able to help you with that, then. We are traveling through the region on good-will tour assignment, and we may be able to help you locate your friend's family as we go.' And while we're traveling, maybe I can assess this guy for Legion recruitment. Making magical gear's a useful talent--not for me, of course, but still, commander's gotta look at the Big Picture...

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Climbing 1d4 (3)
Wild Climbing 1d6 (4)

"Hold still." Mercy grabs onto the Glitter Boy armor's side, twists a foot into a makeshift foothold and quickly climbs up the armor. Almost falling her arms flailing about she manages to regain her hold on the armor and makes it further up Jessica's armor. Grabbing the paper plastered to Jessica's faceplate the Crazie jumps back down to the ground. About to toss the letter Mercy recognizes it as something Jess was looking at earlier.

"Here go. Yours."

A massive smile on her face the Crazie holds the letter out for Jessica to claim.

"Follow me. I'll keep you covered."

With actual precision Mercy keeps her rifle at a combat low ready stance, and escorts the walking tank towards Big Al and the meds. Somehow she also has a comical look to her, maybe just a little too serious looking.

Half way back she stops, snaps her fingers and grabs a magazine of ammo, rams it home into the rifle and carries on. Now with a loaded gun.

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Carlos wrote:

Khar-loez says, much more clearly once the magic is active, "I am Khar-loez, I have recently returned from the Dinosaur Swamp, where I learned the skills of the crafting shaman outsiders call the Eco-Wizard. I have much shil at living in the wilderness and can craft magic devices that function for those with magic or mental powers that can channel their energies into what I build. I am here looking to fulfil the last request of an old friend who was a Juicer and died some time ago. I had to finish my training before I could come to seek out those relatives, but I really do not know how to go about it."
When he speaks through the band, his voice is more resonant, his meanings clear. He is more impressive, the magic assures it.


Start Scene and End scene: Inside GB



Get it together. One foot then the next, just like in training. Is that dad's letter!
Jessica grabs the letter angrily and tosses it into the wind with abandon.

More than annoyed she chimes in on the comms, " I think Mercy is ok. Damn sorry Gorgeous George, at least I did not murder anyone this time... I hope."

She sighs through the load speaker. " SWEET MERCY, I AM 30ft BEHIND YOU." Jessica Bronze waves at Khar-Loez. Did this guy say Dino-swap?
" MY FATHER BRONZE TRAVELED TO THE DINO SWAMP, BROUGHT BACK A T-REX BLADDER. YOU SHOULD NOT BE OUT BY YOURSELF."
Nice. Did you even say hello to the guy?

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote
Mercy hides a frown with a silly smirk when Jessica tosses the letter. After loading her rifle she actually skips along with Jessica until they are back towards her APC. Breaking into a run for her Dear Mark the Crazie halts, about faces with crisp professionalism and looks at Jessica.

"Dino bladder? Eww."

Looking about to ask more she shakes her head and raises a hand, "Nope. Don't want to know."

Running in the open side door of Mark the APC Mercy pokes around a bit then returns outside with a can o'burbs beans and a wooden spoon.

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-Loez replies, "The help would be appreciated. I will discuss what I am carrying to deliver another time."

It is a book, a diary, but as Khar-loez is illiterate he is unable to read the information printed on the wrapping that would tell to whom and where it is supposed to go. Wrapping, because in the swamp it needed protection to keep the pages dry, thus it is wrapped in plastic and heat sealed.

The Glitter Boy comments about her father bringing home a dinosaur bladder and Khar-loez comments, "Dinosaur Bladders are little use magically, but once cleaned and preserved make very good water skins. You could use one to create a water sprayer to use against vampires though...or to use to help fight fires. What spells a body part can hold depend upon the nature of the part. A bladder holds and sprays water."

You could use one to hold a spell to create water...but by the nature of the bladder the water should be WASTE water, and thus undrinkable.


Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
"no worries Jess, no harm no foul. That said..."

He nods at Khar-Loez. "I am thinking we want to get moving. That boom could draw unwanted attention to our location. Would you like to ride inside Tiny?". He points to the Behemoth. Please don't ask to ride with Mercy.... You ain't ready for that....

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:43 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-loez shudders faintly, "I would prefer to ride my own steed if possible. I know it will not be as fast, but I make a much better scout where I can feel the land."

He really would not like riding inside, he would feel like someone had blinded him.


Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
George nods, and opens the comm again as he speaks to . "Fair enough; Mercy likes to ride her 'steed', too. Hell, I've even been known to take out Aeschylus from time to time when we're on the road. But for now, I'll drive Tiny. Khar-Loez, you get your mount down here; Jess, I'll send Big Al down to the dock to see if he can isolate the problem with your sensors. Let's get moving, folks."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:31 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-loez whistles and the Ostrasaurus obediently trots down and butts the Simban lightly in the chest like any friendly and well tamed animal. Khar-loez checks that his other supplies are all there and waits until the others are ready before climbing up. He wishes he could shut down the headband and reactivate it later to save the magic he expended for when it is needed, but it does not work that way. Magic has its own rules, and they are not always like unto those of technology.


Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (4)
Wild Notice 1d6 (3)


To George's credit, he barely even blinks as the pseudo-dinosaur comes trotting out for scritches, and nods to the Simvan before heading into the Behemoth. He heads up to the command chair, while sending Big Al down to the bay to look at Jess' sensors; one of the Hospitallers takes the second chair in the cockpit as the machine rumbles to life. Murder Hobos, roll out....

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote
Mercy hears GG give the "let's go" across the radio.

Rapidly finishing her cold can of beans, for personal fuel, she grins at the prospect of further action.

Lets find us some.

Dashing outside the APC she drops the now empty can of beans into the hands of an unsuspecting passerby and gives him a pink small bag as well. One of her many pre-made gift bags. She loves picking out little gifties for them. A pretty rock. A hair tie. An old world trinket of some kind such as a well preserved soda pop bottle. A credit stick with cash. Maybe a drawing she made depending on crayon availability. Her art is rare, after all Crayons are like gold.

Running back to her Mark she climbs the ladder and hops in. Making her way through the cargo area to pilot area she sits down in the driver seat and straps herself in.

Over the radio she asks, "Jess? You walking? Got a ride with Al? Or want me to pick you up. I always have room for Glitters in my cargo area. If' you want hon."

Flipping the on toggle to "on" Mercy mentally prepares for the arguments to start with Mark.

Every time with him, I swear he is the most obnoxious vehicle!

As the nuclear engine hums softly and Mark, the Mk2 Mountaineer, turns on, Mercy hears him say:

"All systems at near optimal. Beware, a Door is a Jar."

"No its not!"

"Warning GPS is offline."

"Some day please .... please by Prosek's icy balls, tell me what GPS is!"

"SatNav unable to located position. Position unknown."

"Relax Mark, we are where we are."

"Mark Two a Go"

"Yup, Mercy a Go too, lets go together! Vvvvrrrrrmmmmmm!"

Mercy turns the steering wheel and guns the APC towards the others. As she does drive she hears the gust of wind from above. Flipping another toggle the top hatch closes.

"Why is it Mark, you can say all these things but you never remind me a Door is Open. I always forget to close the top hatch."

Mercy gets into formation with the rest of the COT for traveling.

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Gorgeous George wrote:
George nods, and opens the comm again as he speaks to . "Fair enough; Mercy likes to ride her 'steed', too. Hell, I've even been known to take out Aeschylus from time to time when we're on the road. But for now, I'll drive Tiny. Khar-Loez, you get your mount down here; Jess, I'll send Big Al down to the dock to see if he can isolate the problem with your sensors. Let's get moving, folks."


If you have never seen a Glitter Boy hang their head, you've now seen it. Jessica Bronze stows the silvered sword, and holsters the boom gun on her shoulder as she heads back to the dock. I am not going to make it am I?
"HEY AL, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY SENSOR SUITE. I THINK IT IS GOING TO EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR THIS TIME. ONCE WE GET TO A GOOD STOPPING POINT IF YOU COULD TAKE A LOOK I WOULD APPRECIATE IT."
Jessica Bronze steps up into the dock after securing the suit in the bay she opens the hatch stepping out of the suit. She sits down on a nearby crate looking up at the suite. I used to love watching my father walk around defending Silver Bluff in that suit. She frowns, Now it just reminds me of all those people I killed. Jessica mutters reciting the names of the people she blew away, "Alshley, Divon, Turge, Qill, Micael, Avery, Aele, Vastal. Sargent Sheen, Diplomat Saraway, the twins Peeter and Petri Rominov"
She fights backs the tears hitting her comms. Her voice is strained with emotion, " Gorgeous George, this is Jessica... The suit is secure in the bay...I understand if you want me out. I'll request a transfer as soon as we get back to base. I could have killed you, all of you... Stupid careless mistake, maybe the Legion could use me as a earth mover. I am done." Her voice hits a fevered pitch, " I killed so many, Alshley, Divon, Turge, Qill, Micael, Avery, Aele, Vastal all innocent kids... Did you hear what their parents called me... us? And Sargent Sheen, Diplomat Saraway, the twins Peeter and Petri Rominov... The rest of our team... I... I... My father wrote to me that I was his... His hero-" Sobs fill the rest of the comm channel, and then it goes dead. When Al comes down, Jessica runs to him giving him a hug, and cries into his shoulder.

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
George blinks, and is a tad focused on moving the Behemoth, but he does take a moment to speak into the channel. "Jess, hun, short form: If I want your resignation, I'll tell you. Until then, you do your job. That said, take a few with Big Al; he's good at this sorta thing, I think."

And indeed, Big Al almost instinctively takes her into a solid embrace, letting her get the sobs out. He holds onto her until she exhausts her supply of tears, then takes her up to one of the smaller rooms inside the mobile base. Inside is a large, low-walled rectangle, filled with white sand and a few large stones at different places; patterned lines have been raked into the sand. He takes a tool--it looks like a rake, but with no teeth--just a flat board at the end of a stick. He uses it to smooth the sand flat. Then he picks up an actual rake, and holds it out to her, motioning to the sand-garden.

Since George isn't around, he apparently isn't completely mute. "Find your pattern. You will know when it is right."

Image

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 107
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Nothern Texas
  • Population: none
  • Date & Time: 0950 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, light, gusty winds, 87 degrees F. 20% humidity
  • Visibility: Good, strong morning light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

INCIDENT OF THE TUMBLEWEED George, Mercy, Bronze, Carlos

Having a mobile base with fully equipped medical bays and repair facilities, not to mention a cavernous vehicle bay is a boon to any long range Legion group. It also has a nearly inexhaustible nuclear energy supply. Crew quarter for everyone - nice and secure and weather tight. Heck, they even have a legit crew to run the thing so the Legionaires can focus on their business. Unfortunately it's slow. It's immensely heavy. It's the limiting factor in the 4th COT's speed. Even the newest member outstrips the ponderous robot, the ostrasaurus can jog along side the Behemoth for hours. The Mountaineer and the Glitter Boy also range at will about the literal Behemoth.

The rugged terrain composed rolling hills criss-crossed by deep folds in the land, tough thickets of alien trees, dry waterways, and rocky outcroppings makes direct, straight line travel challenging for both the Behemoth and the Mountaineer, the ostrasaurus and Glitter Boy making easy work of most obstacles. A semblance of the old American Empire's great road network can still be vague deciphered amongst the more natural landscape. When not collapsed and broken - creating an even more challenging navigational hazard - these rough highways provide an area where both the Mountaineer and Behemoth can approach something close to top speed. But never more than a mile or so before these pathways are lost to the wreckage of time and a centuries old apocalypse. It's slow going despite the massive power and technology available.

It's still morning, but it's already getting hot, and any residual moisture from the night is quickly evaporating. The gusts of wind kick up dust clouds from bare hilltops and swirling dust devils across the sun baked flats. The scrubby brush conceals some of the treacherous features while the larger alien thickets provide a sense of scale to the vast environment. From the hight of the Behemoth's cockpit it seems like the horizon is infinitely far away as viewed over the tops of the low trees. The sky is a bright azure blue, all remnants of the sunrise's blend of colors lost.

The dry air plays tricks with the ambient noises as the attenuation of the sound is distorted by pockets of colder air off the ground hitting the dryer, hotter atmospheric air. The sounds are minimal at best anyway. There are no megafauna within miles. The faint rumble, felt more than heard, of some distant roaring dinosaur - or worse - punctuates the crackling of the scrub branches as they knock together in the gusty breeze.

Mercy is doing donuts in a sandy pit about a half mile north of the Behemoth. Carlos is just to the south investigating a dry creek, the ostrasaurus nosing around in the rocks, looking for and finding, water.

Jessica took an hour or two out with the Glitter Boy, reliving in her mind the mishap earlier in the day. Despite the ridiculousness of the situation, there was a certain panache to the debacle. Anyone watching would be less likely to think her incompetent than they would be impressed by the way she handled the recover. Maybe not Mercy, but at least Al's crew were surprised she didn't cause more mayhem. Jessica is riding along with George and his crew in the Behemoth, talking over the repairs potentially needed on the Glitter Boy. They come to the determination that an Operator or other technical genius is required to troubleshoot it, and then repair it. It is truly a ghost in the machine as far as they can determine.

It's during this conversation that the Behemoth experiences a sudden lurch - more severe and violent than the normal swaying motion. The giant mech tips almost to 45 degrees as one massive foot collapses the ground beneath its incredible point load. The Behemoth suffers what can best be described as a twisted ankle, when it lifts the foot out of the hole and puts weight on it again, the ankle joint crumples. It can still walk, but slowly and every step is accompanied by the tortured squeal of wrenching metal.

They are approximately 90 miles from the target town. As it if on cue, a pair of tumbleweeds blow across the road in front of the disabled mech.

Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 0950 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, light, gusty winds, 87 degrees F. 20% humidity
  • Visibility: Good, strong morning light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

THE NEWCOMERS Hawdore
Jail really isn't that bad. It's roomy enough from Hawdore's inhuman frame. And through the window he can see his hover bike. It's parked in the yard next to a scrawny horse and a decrepit Wastelander motorcycle. The motorcycle is interesting, it looks like it's been heavily modified, though the purpose of the modifications are not readily apparent. The yard is fenced, rough wood panels rise to about eight feet with a four foot cinderblock base (aka cmu - and probably mega-crete too - to those in the know). For a town of this size to have an impound yard does seem a little strange. Still, so far, jail isn't really that bad. Craning his long neck, Hawdore can just make out the steel cage that seems to be a weapons locker. Hanging like a puppet Hawdore's exoskeleton takes up a good third of the weapons locker. In the remaining space are several generic knockoff laser rifles and pistols, along with his impact hammer and ion pistol. There is no sign of the rail gun.

That's probably okay, Hawdore isn't actually imprisoned. The uptight looking man in a crisp uniform somehow free of dust sits at the desk opposite the town's sheriff. Two black and white armored soldiers flank the CS officer. Their conversation with the sheriff is strained. The whine of the SAMAS circling low over the town reminds Hawdore that sometime's it's safer in jail than out.

The officer is informing the sheriff that the Coalition will be patrolling this area from now on, since this area has always been the territory of the Coalition State of Lone Star. He applauds the sheriff on already taking undesirable elements into custody. It would have been most unfortunate, he reminds the sheriff, if he had been required to use force.

The sheriff was none to happy when he saw them approach. Hawdore was not the only thing or person quickly shuffled out of sight.

Peeking out the front window - also made possible by a long neck - Hawdore can see the officer's patrol car sitting on the dirt street, with at least one more Dead Boy standing guard.

As the conversation stretches on, the nuance of it starts to take shape in Hawdore's mind. It sure sounds more like blackmail than politics.

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
George:
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (5)


George looks over the damaged 'ankle' grimly. After several minutes, he looks to the others, whom he has called back to discuss the situation.

"Okay, here's the deal, folks. I think our best bet is for the rest of us to press on towards Meredith. Big Al and the crew can continue to nurse the Behemoth towards town, but slowly and carefully, so as to not actually cause any further damage. When we get to town, we'll try to locate an operator; if there's one willing to do a house call, we'll bring 'em back to wherever Tiny's reached by then. If they can't leave town, well, then, we can at least prep them for Tiny's arrival. And if there's no Operators there, well, we'll burn that bridge when we come to it."

He looks them over. "Jess, do you think you can continue to work the Gltterboy, or should we just leave it here until we can get it repaired? You can always ride shotgun with Mercy."

He gives a smile at Khar-Loez. "Funny thing is, this'll probably work out better for you--without the Behemoth, we'll move to reach the next town a lot faster, maybe get info on where to take your box."

He gives the group a once-over. "Can anyone think of anything I missed? If not, let's get ready to roll." Gotta admit, I'm looking forward to getting on my hawg again...

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:10 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-loez is not particularly looking forward to going into town, but unless he can find the materials to build a Swamp Tank or the like, he has no better way to transport anyone than the stinking machines (at least, to his ecologically sensitive perceptions they stink...a vile effluvium that makes perception difficult).

The Simvan says, "Go in first look more nice than with big war machine. Prepare them, look for skillman to fix."

Not great English, as his Communications Band's magic has faded, but it should get the point across.

At least, in these parts, it is likely to be a SMALL town, it will bother him much less than a city would.


Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote
Mercy grins and thinks, a town to play in, please let them have a good restaurant. Ice cream! Crayons! Both!! As she zooms past Jessica in Glitters, the Crazie tears a wide circle through the dirt and rock to wildly spin the APC back around towards Jess.

As the dust settles Mark states: Air and Tire pressure alert.

Mercy frowns. "Shhhhh"

Across the radio Mercy calls: "Offering rides! Jess either hop in the rear cargo or climb up top."

Once Jess is on top the APC Mercy hears: Warning. Possible collision. Possible impact to roof. Warning...

Mercy rolls her eyes and cracks open another can of beans while stearing Mark with one foot and accelerating with the other foot. Hands busy with can and spoon.

OOC Comments
Driving 1d6 (3) / Wild 1d6 (4) Success .. barely;)

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Star Scene out of GB
End Scene in GB

When Tiny lurches Jess instinctively goes intangible or at least tries to as a way to protect her self from a crash as Tiny twists an ankle. She phases through the vehicle looking at Al with a mixture of shock and horror as she goes careening through the vehicle landing softly on the dirt. What just happened?!!!! She runs back to the doc excited and filled with some amount of trepidation. " Al! Did you see that? I went right through Tiny! We were all like ahhh, were going to die, and voom I just passed right through the walls and out its armored side."
Super Power Intangibility 16
Intangibility 1d4 (2)
Wild 1d6 (6), Ace 1d6 (6), Ace 1d6 (4)


When George calls about the city Jessica responds in a giddy voice, " You bet George, I'll be suited up in no time flat." Jessica gives Al a hug, " Best pep talk ever Al!" and rushes into her suit booting up the systems. Yeah that sensor ghost is live in here, it thinks Al is a spider skull walker. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
As she leaves the doc she turns to Al and address him over the PA,"SIT TIGHT AL, WE'LL FIND SOMEONE TO FIX TINY. IF YOU WANT TO SEND OVER A LIST OF PARTS YOU THINK WE WILL NEED WE CAN TRY AND BARTER FOR THEM."

When Mercy offers a ride Jessica Bronze makes her way over to Mark. On the way there she waves at their newest companion. Nice, old school mount! She gives Khar-loez a thumbs up, "NICE LOOKING MOUNT, WHAT IS IT?"
Waiting for the answer she climbs up onto Mark's topside and lies flat on it, griping the sizes with her powerful hands.
Wanting share some awesome news with a friend Jessica hits her comms " Mercy you will never believe what happened. When Tiny took a stumble I passed right through the walls and outside landing on the dirt!"

Jessica Bronze keeps her head focused on the horizon keep a watchful eye out for bandits and the like.
Looking for Bandits
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild 1d6 (3)
-2 TD
+2 sensor suite

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Notice 10
Notice Die 1d8 (5)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace 1d6 (4)


Hawdore paced the cell and tried to keep the worry from his face. Not that anyone around here would be skilled in reading the facial expression or body language of a Trimadore nor would the fact that I am worried be any great revelation to anyone given the situation. Turning and pacing back and forth a few more times Hawdore shakes his head and takes a deep breath to center himself. I hope I did not make a mistake trusting this sheriff. He seemed sincere in his desire to help me and my odds are better than if I had been caught in the open alone. That scenario would have surely resulted in my death or worse.

Lowering himself to the floor he closes his eyes and continues to breathe deeply and slowly he feels his mind calm and his focus sharpen. It's not like I am actually trapped here precisely. If necessary there are at least three buildings that I have scouted and are within jump range. But I will NOT leave without my possessions if I can possibly help it. Those items are the product of years of toil and more importantly the last links I have to my fallen friends.

Hawdore sighed and once again wished that he had mastered the art of mind reading by this point for he would dearly love to peer into that buffoon CS officer's mind. But he could not so he would not and that was that. Stop wishing for what you do not have and use that which you do! Hawdore told himself sternly. Turning his attention to his surroundings he focuses on the conversation between the officer and the sheriff with the hope of hearing or seeing something that might help him.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 13/20
Active Powers: None

Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Spartacus

Stats
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • Edge (Racial): Mr. Fix It
  • Edge (MARS): AB (Psionics)
  • Edge (MARS): Major Psionic
  • Edge (F&G) Brave
  • Edge (F&G): Quick
  • Edge (HJ): Investigator
  • Edge (HJ): Healer
  • Edge: McGyver
  • Edge: Rock and Roll!

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • Hindrance (Minor): Loyal
  • Hindrance (Minor): Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Big Al was, for possibly the first time since she's met him, genuinely stunned by Jess' new ability--but her obvious delight in it makes him grin broadly at her, smiling warmly as he sends her back down to get suited up.

George takes a moment to get a run-down on what just happened; this is important, after all. He has her see if she can remember how it felt and do it again; then he has her try doing it from inside the Glitterboy before they go. Once the tests are done, he gives her a BIG hug. "I allus knew you were special, Kiddo."

Chuckling at Mercy's maneuvers, he does give her a reminder that she should at least give Jess a heads-up before making any hard turns.

Once on the road, George has the riders go in an inverted-V formation--he and the Simvan on the forward points, with Mercy and the Glittergal in the rear.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (1)
Wild Notice 1d6 (4)

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote
Dice Rolls
Driving (fail but recovered by Wild Die) 1d6 (1)
Driving Wild Die (recovered from near death experience) 1d6 (6)
Ace roll on Wild Die 1d6 (2)
End results, Driving at a 8, thank you Wild Die.


Quote:
Wanting share some awesome news with a friend, Jessica hits her comms "Mercy you will never believe what happened. When Tiny took a stumble I passed right through the walls and outside landing on the dirt!"

Mercy perks an eyebrow up and drops her can of beans onto the accelerator. Lightly kicking it and wedging it into place to keep Mark rolling. She then grabs a solid piece of wood, one picked for instances like this, and wedges the oddly shaped wood between the driver chair and the steering wheel, effectively locking the wheels in a straight forward motion.

Standing next to the driver seat as Mark rolls along Mercy grins: "Auto pilot."

About to dash off to talk to Jessica, the can of beans rolls out from under the accelerator and hits Mercy's foot. Exasperated she quickly bends over at the waist and hits the wooden stick (auto pilot) with her head, "Oww", knocking it out of position and causing Mark to wildly veer to its right. As the APC is about to lurch right, Mercy instinctively grabs the steering wheel just barley in time before the whole vehicle gets a chance to hard turn and likely roll over. Adrenaline rushing she takes a deep breath and thanks her fast hand for saving them from a unfun situation. (Seriously, she holds her hand up in front of her face, says thank you and kisses it). Wedging the stick back into place and re-kicking the can under the accelerator Mercy assesses the job a moment before her mind wanders back to what she was about to do before the near death roll over. That was close. Jess!

Running top speed to the top hatch of Mark, she leaves the APC to drive without a driver, what could go wrong? Roll over? Death? Hit something? Nah, that can is wedged good now. Besides Mark does that thing where he yells all frantically, Emergency! Front impact detected, auto brakes engaged! Marks a good guy...kinda a worry wort though.

Climbing up the ladder Mercy pops open the top hatch.

A Door is a Jar.

"Stop Mark, watch where you are driving and let me be, we will play later."

Quickly pulling her long red hair back and taking a hair band off her wrist Mercy puts her hear into a pony tail.

Jessica sees the top hatch open, a few feet in front of Glitters head, and the red haired smiling crazie pokes up, facing Jessica.

"You are awesome Jessica! That's so cool! I want to see you do the trick some time, okay, please?"

Holding out her hand for a high five the crazie girl beams happily. Hearing George's radio command for a inverted V formation Mercy frowns, "I guess we are in the rear. I suppose I should go drive." Said while the APC zooms along at breakneck speeds. "Well, you can tell me all about it more later!"

Dropping back into the vehicle and closing the hatch Mercy makes her way quickly to the driver seat, removes the 'auto pilot' gear and drops into the seat. Slowing and turning, the crazie takes up the position ordered by GG.

Relaxing back into her seat she removes the pony tail holder and slides it back on her wrist, picks up the brush she has next to her seat and combs her long thick hair as she drives. Gotta look my best and keep my fingers crossed for Ice Cream or Crayons in this town.

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:43 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-loez keeps alert, and is glad to take a place near the front of the group. His senses are bothered y being so close to the technology of the others, but it is better with less of that. Leaving the Behemoth behind is good for HIM at least.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (3), Wild 1d4 (2)


He answers a question someone asked him, "She is Ostrasaurus. Simvan like Ostrasaurus, swift obedient steed."

The problem with organic mounts tends to be they are slower and have less endurance than mechanical ones. However, they are able to pick their own routes and go past obstacles most vehicles can not without being slowed. Still, 90 miles is a long way for running, his steed may be tired when they arrive...and will certainly be hungry.


Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 107
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1445 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

BLOOD ON THE LAND George, Mercy, Bronze, Carlos
Tiny is visible for almost a long time as a blot the gently undulating surface, before it is finally obscured by the landscape. The landscape hasn't changed at all, despite hours of travel. As they head off, the sky is still clear and the wind is light. Visibility is good as well, the rough outline of the ancient road clear enough for miles.

Only an hour out, the simvan and his ostrasaurus are the first to notice, but the quality of the air is different. There's a change in humidity, a sudden rise. Carlos would not describe it as such, but the air starts to feel electrified.

When the wind came rushing in, feeling as if a giant turbine had just been turned on, the rest of the 4th took notice as well. But quickly all the focus was on the clouds. The clouds boiled over horizon at alarming speed, to those unaccustomed to this environment it might seem supernatural, but it is in fact quite natural and one of the most dangerous phenomena out here. It was only a handful of minutes from first sighting the clouds and then they were overhead, releasing an unbelievable quantity of rain. The dust turns to mud. Rivers form and become torrents. The wind blows foliage around recklessly. Thunder seems to shake the earth, each terrible boom a shock, despite the preceding flashes of lightning. When they flash it's more like a bomb than an electrical discharge, light seemingly crashing through the clouds. Fingers of electricity seem to reach up from the ground as often as from the clouds. Enough cloudflashes light up the sky that it seems as if the lightning is nearly continuous.

It seems to last an interminable amount of time, and very little progress is made. Remarkable, it's Mercy that leads them successfully through the storm, keeping them on track. Carlos is soaking wet and spattered with mud and leaves, but he probably doesn't mind in the slightest. He may be upset that he lost his way in the storm and the mechanized vehicle did not, or maybe he's just happy enough that the storm is gone not to care. George didn't lose his way, but Mercy certainly picked the safest and easiest path through the treacherous terrain.

Still wrapped up in the storm, visibility isn't great, but as the 4th makes its way slowly down the road, after about an hour, they see a caravan of wooden vehicles ahead. Even before getting close, it's clear the vehicles are trashed. There are about fifteen blue deebees no one recognizes working to get their broken vehicles back on the road. They shy away and huddle behind the band approaches (maybe they recognize Murder Hobos?) but seem to take only defensive positions. If they have weapons, they are not visible.

---

The storm lasts four hours. It is gone as fast as it came on. The ground starts to dry up. Small and large animals take advantage of the rare surface water. The sky, lightens, but remains overcast, is now deceptively peaceful and the life teaming around the water is equally deceptive. There is still plenty of daylight to reach Meredith Town.

Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1445 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

THE HANGING POSSE Hawdore
It's not long, maybe a half hour, before the Coalition officer is done with his veiled threats to the Sheriff. They turn to leave, Hawdor hears the whine of their vehicles as their turbines spool up. They are well maintained and the engine noise has only minor irregularities, there are always some, no machine is ever tuned to absolute perfection. Hawdore can do better than the CS techs, of course, but these are competently maintained. It follows than, that these are likely real CS soldiers even if their aims in this town seemed more on the illicit side.

He sees them blast by the window as they head out. He notices the dark clouds on the horizon rapidly closing it. The Sheriff walks over to the cell and starts to unlock the door with a simple, big, iron skeleton key. "I'm sorry to have to have done that Mr. Hawdore. I hope you understand I just wanted them Deadboys outta here fast as I could. Let me buy you breakfast at Annie's." But by the time that quick conversation is over, the storm has hit the town. Instantly the semi-paved street is a river. A few of the town's building lose pieces of roofing. The Sheriff's office is solidly built and provides plenty of protection from the storm. Annie's can wait. The Sheriff shrugs his narrow shoulders, "Know how to play poker there, Mr. Hawdore?"

The storm ends after about four hours and vanishes almost as fast, leaving behind a bright ceiling of clouds. About five minutes after that, just as the Sheriff and Hawdore are heading to Annie's, the CS vehicles seem to be returning!

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (1)

Persuasion 1d8+6 = 13 (7)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 8 (2)


Gorgeous George gives a quick call over the radio when they see the storm clouds, warning the folks back at the basecamp to expect weather trouble in a little bit, then does his best to help the group stay focused during the storm.

Once it's died down and they come to the group of disabled vehicles, he stops a good distance away, and gives a hearty wave, calling out. "Hello, travelers! One of our vehicles had a breakdown, too, and we were traveling into Meredith to get an operator to come back and help repair it. If there's two of them available, we'll just drop one off here with you; otherwise, we'll pause here long enough for him to get your wagons moving again, then go on to take care of our problem. Alternately, we could bring several of you along in the ATV. Also, if any of you are injured, I'm a trained medic and would be happy to provide assistance."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Notice 3
Notice Die 1d8 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 (2)


Hobo Joe wrote:
"I'm sorry to have to have done that Mr. Hawdore. I hope you understand I just wanted them Deadboys outta here fast as I could. Let me buy you breakfast at Annie's."


Hawdore shakes the sheriff's hand and smiles ruefully, "I can't say that I enjoyed the experience, Sheriff but I can hardly complain given you probably saved my life. I doubt I would have fared so well if those soldiers had caught me alone out in the open so you have my profound gratitude. Breakfast sounds delightful, thank you."

Hobo Joe wrote:
But by the time that quick conversation is over, the storm has hit the town. Instantly the semi-paved street is a river. A few of the town's building lose pieces of roofing. The Sheriff's office is solidly built and provides plenty of protection from the storm. Annie's can wait. The Sheriff shrugs his narrow shoulders, "Know how to play poker there, Mr. Hawdore?"


"Well, I have heard of the game of course but I can't say I've ever played. I do enjoy learning new things, however, is it a difficult game? If you don't mind playing with a novice I would be happy to let you teach me." Perhaps letting him win a few hundred credits off of me would be a subtle way to show my appreciation for his help. Looking around the room Hawdore does not see any Trimadore sized chairs. "Perhaps if we brought a table into one of the cells I could sit on the bunk?"

Hobo Joe wrote:
The storm ends after about four hours and vanishes almost as fast, leaving behind a bright ceiling of clouds. About five minutes after that, just as the Sheriff and Hawdore are heading to Annie's, the CS vehicles seem to be returning!


Oblivious to the approach of danger Hawdore says, "I have to say Sheriff with all this talk of Annie's I'm looking forward to the experience. Though I suppose lunch is in order now, wouldn't you say?"

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 13/20
Active Powers: None

Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Spartacus

Stats
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • Edge (Racial): Mr. Fix It
  • Edge (MARS): AB (Psionics)
  • Edge (MARS): Major Psionic
  • Edge (F&G) Brave
  • Edge (F&G): Quick
  • Edge (HJ): Investigator
  • Edge (HJ): Healer
  • Edge: McGyver
  • Edge: Rock and Roll!

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • Hindrance (Minor): Loyal
  • Hindrance (Minor): Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:25 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-loez places PPE into his Communications band and says to the D-Bees, "Do you require assistance?"

At least, with this magic, it does not matter what their native language ism for the next two hours he can understand them and they him. Hopefully talking with them will allow trouble to be avoided.

He is, unfortunately, not skilled in normal repairs, but he might have some materials that can be used by one of them to fix things, if they have the skill. His trade goods might just be useful in this situation. He i not sure what they need though.


Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote

Mercy

Quote:
It seems to last an interminable amount of time, and very little progress is made. Remarkable, it's Mercy that leads them successfully through the storm, keeping them on track. Carlos is soaking wet and spattered with mud and leaves, but he probably doesn't mind in the slightest. He may be upset that he lost his way in the storm and the mechanized vehicle did not, or maybe he's just happy enough that the storm is gone not to care. George didn't lose his way, but Mercy certainly picked the safest and easiest path through the treacherous terrain.

    Mercy flicks a bead of sweat off her forehead and smiles. Her head and neck have been fluid and nodding for hours as she listened to both the weather outside and a up beat jazz song set on repeat at max volume. Picking the best path through the storm was part skill and a lot, good vehicle.

    Patting the steering wheel of the ATV affectionately Mercy says in a hushed voice: "Well done Mark."

    Rolling her head in circles to relax the tension out of her muscles Mercy leans back in her seat and steers with her bare feet as she stretches her arms. Interlacing her fingers behind her head she arches her back and drives on.

    Mercy stops Mark with a bit of a jolt when GG broadcasts his offer of aid to the blue D-Bee's. Throwing Mark into Park and pulling on her high leather boots, she races up to the top hatch and pops it open looking at all the blue skinned D-Bee's outside.

    In a excited voice she squeals, "Oh my GOD Becky! They are so cute!."

    Holding up both of her hands high over her head Mercy yells, "Presents for all!" A dozen pink gift bags held high in both hands swing back and forth as she climbs to the top of Mark and smiles down at the blue skins.

    Seeing some children she bounces up and down, "Oh I am going to need more crayons!"

    No armor, only her chest holstered pistol on, the Crazie dives off the front of the tall APC named Mark head first, in a beautiful arcing last minute roll she lands feet first and skips forward with a giant smile on her face holding out the gift bags towards the blue skins.

    "Hi, I have gifts for you!"


Agility Roll 8
Agility Roll for Flip 1d8 (3), wild die flip 1d6 (6), Ace 1d6 (2)
Notice Roll 5
Notice Roll 1d4+2 = 6 (4), wild 1d6 (5)
Persuasion Roll 4
Being Friendly 1d6 (3), wild die 1d6 (4)


_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Currently In GB armor

During the storm Jessica Bronze does little but hang on to Mark. Lightning zapping and thwacking her armor like a bug zapper!
Can this be good for my beleaguered Sensors?

After the storm Jessica Bronze hangs on while Mark stops. Ok meet and greet, watch the teams backs while they talk. Jessica pushes off and surveys the horizon. Brushing sand and mud off her glittering armor. Where did that storm come from? That was a ton of rain.

She hits the comms " I'll stand back while you all talk to these guys. Someone needs to watch your backs.

Action
Look for trouble and hang back 30"
Notice 1d8 (6)
Wild 1d6 (5)

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:55 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (1)
Wild Card 1d6 (1)
Persuasion 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
Persuasion Wild Card 1d6 (3)
Note that I put in my penalties in the rolls, but canceled them out with the bonuses.


Khar-loez keeps his eyes open, we are strangers to these blue people and there is no telling what kind of reaction we will get. Cultures can vary wildly, it is generally best to initiate contact with one r two people at a time. Here we have several people of distinct types doing a variety of actions. Granted the actions are all intended to be friendly, but the confusion caused may cause problems.


Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 107
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1455 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

BREED OF VIOLENCE George, Mercy, Bronze, Carlos
George's appeal is met with an unusual reaction. They're are conflicting replies, both equally passionate. One group is shouting back, and it's the most gentle version of a shout, telling the 4th COT to go away, get far away from here. The other faction is crying out for help, both medical aid and with their transportation.

As one of the first to reach the blue deebs, Carlos is relieved to find that they have few technological items, though enough to show they aren't wholly against it. Their carts and wagons were either horse drawn or hand pulled. He can not see any weapons or armor in the group. They cower from him at first, but when he attempts to communicate, he is met with the same reaction as George, but with a few more "go away" votes. Carlos is busy trying to study these beings (maybe wondering what htey taste like?) and does just about the worst thing possible for a Simvan: he falls off the Ostrasaurus by leaning too far out to stare.
OOC Comments
[Ouch! Crit Fail on the Notice! No damage, just un-mounted and embarrassed.]


At Mercy's approach they blue dbees become very agitated, but start of realized the Hobo's are in desperate need of victims and there is nothing they can do to save themselves. Her talk about gifts is confusing, what is she talking about? They are frightened. But not frightened for their lives, but this woman is intense and they don't know how to deal with it. She's, in fact, crazy.

Jessica makes a sound tactical decision to take an overwatch position and keep an eye out for danger. And danger it is. Crawling out from behind a large mound of rocks about 600 yards away, are a whole bunch of big ugly things. Big ugly indeed. And lots of them. That would be lots because there are fourteen brodkil now looking around for what was probably their intended prey before the storm hit. Through her powerful optics she can see the leader bossing the others around as they gather themselves to attack the broken caravan of blue dbees. Only after she reaches the dbees does Mercy notice the sub-demons.

Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1455 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

TAX COLLECTOR Hawdore
The Sheriff chuckles, a low rumbly sound, "My friend, it's always time for breakfast at Annie's!" He smiles, it's not often new people pass through here, so fresh conversation is priceless. "Ah, ain't no way we'd put you back it that cell! We'll just borrow the piano bench for a while, that should work."

Unfortunately, the Sheriff is busy talking to Hawdore and doesn't notice the approach of the CS vehicles. They come roaring into town just as the Trimadore and human start to cross the dirt street. The craft land in a semi-circle in front of the them. There's the CS command car, the officer and a dead boy climb out the doors. On either side are two SAMAS (old style), rail guns trained on Hawdore, mostly.

"Ah, Sheriff, I hope you have a good reason for that thing to be out of its cage. I thought we had an understanding. I guess if you don't want trouble put him away. And then, there's are agreement that covers these situations."


What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Notice 21
Notice Die 1d8 (3)
Wild Die 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace Ace 1d6 (6)
Wild Die Ace Ace Ace 1d6 (3)

OK, where the &*&%$# was this roll the last time???



Hawdore slowly raises his hands and places them behind his head. Well isn't this a fine mess. I hope the sheriff can talk us out of this because I don't think these people care to hear anything I have to say.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 13/20
Active Powers: None

Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Spartacus

Stats
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • Edge (Racial): Mr. Fix It
  • Edge (MARS): AB (Psionics)
  • Edge (MARS): Major Psionic
  • Edge (F&G) Brave
  • Edge (F&G): Quick
  • Edge (HJ): Investigator
  • Edge (HJ): Healer
  • Edge: McGyver
  • Edge: Rock and Roll!

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • Hindrance (Minor): Loyal
  • Hindrance (Minor): Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote

Mercy

Rolls and Such
Rolls: Psionics/Speed 1d10 (6) ((Wild die: 1d6 (1) ))
Turn 1 = Use Speed Power (Success) Speed Pace 36 to get back to MARK

Split the Seconds Edge for Second Turn

Turn 2 = Drive MARK between the Brodkil and the Blue Skins, to be a wall, or barrier, buffer between them, then its time to drive straight at the Brodkil.
Holding up both of her hands high over her head Mercy yells, "Presents for all!" A dozen pink gift bags held high in both hands swing back and forth Mercy smiles at the blue skins.

Mercy sees the demons. Well damn. Brodkil. Didn't I just run some of them over the other day with Mark. Hmm that might have been a few months ago. Guess they found me.

Setting down the gift bags Mercy concentrates on mind over matter, time to shine!

Bolting back to Mark with inhuman speed Mercy closes the distance and climbs into Mark as fast as she can, chanting the words, "I know I can, I know I can." Over and over.

Dropping into the driver seat Mercy shoots the APC forward at an angle, her plan is to place Mark between the blues and reds.

Just hold on you red devils, you found me but I have a you now!

"Mark! Stand by for Smite! We are going to provide cover for the cute blues and then ram those punk demons! Don't worry Mark I will provide you the fortitude to do extra ramming power!"

Mercy is serious. She is steering with her hands, not feet, a sign that: its on! Gripping the steering wheel with both hands, her right foot slammed down on the accelerator, her left foot is thumping in rapid up and down movements with blinding speed.

As the vehicle races along, tires squealing and wind racing, the side hatch door still open, Mark states: "A Door is a Jar. Please utilize safety restraints at this speed. Warning, data logs indicate the max posted speed for this location is 35 miles per hour."

Mercy screams, "I am immortal Mark, I don't need a seat belt! Charge!!"

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Currently in GB armor.
Ahh big red skins out about 600 yards. Almost as big as Bronze here. Jessica Bronze looks to the left and looks to right. Dad said cover is always good. If she sees some kind of cover like a small rock out cropping she heads to it. With a good dose of teripidation she hits the comms, " Large red bulbous D-Bees coming out towards us, 600 yards away. They look hostile, I am diggin in. GG call it."
is Mercy even wearing a comm unit? What about that new guy. Did he fall off his mount?. Her breathing quickens, as she sees Mercy dart into Mark and zoom off putting her self between the reds and blues. ok do not hit Mercy... Do not hit Mercy.
Jessica Bronze digs in ready to launch her boom gun, and if she can manage to draw her silvered greatsword she does so.

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (1)



Gorgeous gawps as the Simvan falls off his mount; he fights to hold back laughing, that might be a death-insult to a warrior culture. Then he blinks as Mercy suddenly tosses her gift-bags aside and pulls a Speedy Gonzales back to Mark. He's just about to ask if her implants are kicking in, when Jess comes over the radio. Hearing the message, Gorgeous George snarls in frustration. Brodkil? Startin' ta think I pissed in some luck-god's oatmeal the last time through the afterlife. Into his comm he gives the order. "Copy that, GlitterGal. You get the shot, you take the shot. Hit as many as you can." As an act of kindness, he does not add the usual caveat about "as long as there's no bystanders in the way." She's a good kid, knows her job.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:55 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-Loez picks himself up and is dusting himself off when he realizes trouble is approaching. He is pretty sure the red creatures are unfriendly, they move like predators hunting prey. He orders his Ostrasaurus, "Sic 'em boy." Just as well he is on the ground, he can pick at these things with his sling while his steed moves into melee.

OOC Comments
Ostrasaurus Fighting 1d8 (8)ace 1d8 (2)=10
Ostrasaurus Damage 1d12+3 = 7 (4)


Khar-Loez sends magic power to his bow and to his armor bracelet, even as he set an arrow to his string and takes aim. He fires an arrow at the nearest foe and prepares to attack again. He hopes the Glitter Boy is far enough away, he really does not want to be hit by the boom if it is not...
OOC Comments
Shooting 1d4 (4)ace 1d4 (3)=7
Shooting Wild 1d6 (4)

Damage 2d6+2 = 9 (2, 5)


Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Gorgeous George wrote:
OOC Comments
Notice Original post: 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice Original post: 1d6 (1)



Gorgeous gawps as the Simvan falls off his mount; he fights to hold back laughing, that might be a death-insult to a warrior culture. Then he blinks as Mercy suddenly tosses her gift-bags aside and pulls a Speedy Gonzales back to Mark. He's just about to ask if her implants are kicking in, when Jess comes over the radio. Hearing the message, Gorgeous George snarls in frustration. Brodkil? Startin' ta think I pissed in some luck-god's oatmeal the last time through the afterlife. Into his comm he gives the order. "Copy that, GlitterGal. You get the shot, you take the shot. Hit as many as you can." As an act of kindness, he does not add the usual caveat about "as long as there's no bystanders in the way." She's a good kid, knows her job.


Ok I need to just be careful. Just breathe like they taught you. She aims her boom gun ready to fire into the center mass of the Brodkill.
" Understood GG, aiming right now... Firing!" Jessica Bronze lets out a breathe and fires. BOOM!

Firing Boom gun into the center mass of the Brodkill approaching results in 12 to hit Damage AP 25 MBT 25pts
Assuming she is not moving, as she cannot fire and move in the same round.
Shooting ( +2 from marksman): 1d6+2 = 5 (3)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace 1d6 (4)
Damage Ap25, MBT: 4d12+6 = 23 (5, 9, 1, 2)
Raise: 1d6 (2)

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
After giving Jess the go-ahead, George pulls the bike closer closer to the D-Bees and waves them frantically forward, hoping to end up between them and whoever survives Jess' shot. "Move, people! Danger coming over the hill!"He then stops the bike, unholsters the Wilk's, and waits for a demon to come into view.

OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 12 (6)
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 9 (3)

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 107
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1456 Round 1 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Combat Data
  • Round 1 is over, Round 2 is now!
  • Brodkil are 500"/yds from Jess and Mercy, 550"/yds from Ostrasaurus, 600"/yds from Carlos
  • There are four brodkil visible


DESERT JUSTICE George, Mercy, Bronze, Carlos
Carlos and Mercy take action! The Simvan eco-wizard activates his magical bow and takes aim at the approaching enemy force. He refrains from shooting though, they sub-demons are still almost a third of a mile away. His beast charges off towards prey, excited and energized by the hunt. The ostrasoaurs kicks up little clouds of dust as it tears across the desert, seemingly in its element. Carlos too, feels the energy of the land, the remains of human civilization only barely felt disrupting nature's flow. But the Brodkil are still too far.

Similarly, Mercy's donuts of defense are mighty, and kick up some dust that probably obscures the blue dbees. They sensibly scramble down into a shallow gully, the same one their carts are stuck in. Taking cover was not part of Mercy's plan, so across the desert she goes, just behind the ostrasaurus. She rapidly outpaces the dino, but it proceeds unperturbed by Mark speeding by. Mercy is still very far away.

But Jess is equally very far away, and not even really at extreme range.

BOOM!! Thankfully all her teammates are far enough away not to suffer from the sonic boom. The brodklill are not nearly far enough away to be safe. Everyone - Jess, George, Carlos, Mercy - can see the explosion at the center of the Boom Guns impact. It's harder to see for the others, but Jess can clearly see the bits and pieces of what looks like two or three brodkil fly through the air. In the jumble though, she loses track of all of them, as some just seem to vanish. She knows she didn't kill 10, but she can only see four of them running towards the 4th COT's position.

It doesn't take magnification or enhanced optics for George to recognize what's going on. After Boom Gun hit, the brodkil went invisible. He can't see them exactly at this distance, but there are enough puffs of dust here and there to give away their locations to a degree. The visible four are clustered even tighter together. Not the brightest sub-demons from Hades.


Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1459 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

THE FRIENDSHIP Hawdore
Things are kind of looking grim for Hawdore. He's not anywhere remotely human looking, and these CS guys seem to be taking a hardline. At least, that's the first appearance. They are all fidgety. The officer is a rock, but the soldiers flanking him seem like they are ready to scoot. Even the SAMAS seems impatient. Instead of a comprehensive scouting or defensive flight pattern it is just hovering above the dirt main street. It's gun isn't even pointed at Hawdore.

"Well, sir, I was just taking this fella to eat. Figured he could take to Spike about what he can eat. Ain't trying to kill the fella or nothin'," the sheriff says, but he seems to realize just how poor his word choice was just after it left his mouth.

Seizing on the verbal slip, the CS officer follows up quickly, "Why not?" he says with a sneer. Touching the comm at his collar he orders crisply, "Corporal, prepare to fire." Hawdore has no way of knowing which one is the corporal in question, but he is keenly aware that no one moves. Solving the question of the corporal's identity, the officer shoots a glance full of lasers at the SAMAS. The power armor raises its railgun, reluctantly almost, towards Hawdore.

"Wait, wait, of course, ya'll just wait a second, alright? I'll get what you want," the sheriff says scrambling between Hawdore and the cannon. The officer's sneer returns, and with a condescending wave shoos the sheriff off. With a pained and deeply concerned look the sheriff grips Hawdore's arm and says, "I'll just be a minute, hold tight."

The sheriff dashes off towards his office. Leaving Hawdore facing down a CS squad all by his lonesome.

---

No one ever looks up. And even more rarely do people look up to a church tower who's bell hasn't rung in a hundred years. Despite it being the brightest part of the day, Simba couldn't help but be roused by the commotion. It started with the whine of the black and white metal things. Then there was this confrontation on the street below.

He didn't really have official Tomorrow Legion sanction or authority, but he had picked up enough to know that one of the teams needed help. It wasn't hard to figure out the direction they were headed. But they aren't here. So a day or two of rest can only do him good. Now he's witnessing this interesting exchange.

And a couple things definitely caught his attention. The congenial way the human authority figure interacted with the stranger creature was not the usual situation Simba had observed. It was a hopeful sign that this might still be a beneficial realm, if he ever got home to share. It was even more surprising when he saw the human place himself between the strange creature and the metal man's weapon.

But why did the human just run inside? Has he abandoned the other creature all of a sudden?

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
Simba preferred to operate at night, much like the rest of his race, However the natives do not. Since this is not his world, he will have to adjust. Seeing the metallic men bring concern. These metallic men are known to kill anything that is not like them. Those metallic men are everywhere. These tomorrow Legion appear to be beings of action. If i'm going to join them, I need to do what they would do.

OOC Comments
Free Action: sense for ley line close by. (within 10 miles) PPC: 5 Spellcasting: Cast Greater Armor 1d8 (8) Ace: 1d8-4 = 4 (8) Ace #2: 1d8 (1)Wild: 1d6 (2) Correction: no multi action on this action.Total: 17 Armor: 10MDC


The fur on Simba thickens to cover his most vulnerable parts of his body. The magic in this world makes his fur exceptionally hard. Master Bruce at least reinforced making sure I was protected from attacks due to my weakness. Simba is confidant that he is protected from most attacks, He's about prepared as he can be at this point. Swooping down onto the CS troops, Simba casts a large shadow hoping to intimidate his opponents.

OOC Comments
Intimidate: 1d8-4 = 1 (5) Wild: 1d6-4 = -1 (3) Correction: multi-action is -2. new total: 3 and 1


Gently gliding, Simba ends up providing temporary relive from the sun to the team. Once Simba is in position to take advantage of their proximity to each other, Simba lets out a noise much worse the fingernails on a chalkboard.

OOC Comments
Greater Burst PPE: 4 Spellcasting: 1d8-4 = 1 (5) Wild: 1d6-4 = 2 (6) Ace: 1d6 (4)Total: 6
Damage: 3d12 (5, 1, 9) Total: 15 AP:5

Total PPE spent: 9/30 Toughness: 3 (Armor: 10 MD)
Simba is on the ground, in a position to take full advantage of the cone template and keep the other person safe. Took 3 actions to apply -4 multi-action penalty for normal actions. Correction: used 2 actions rather then 3 actions. New totals are 3 and 8. Raise damage: 1d6 (6) Ace: 1d6 (1) New damage total: 22 AP: 5

_________________
[url=Simba]http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942[/url]
Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Last edited by Simba on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Notice 7
Notice 1d4 (2)
Wild Notice 1d6 (6)
Wild Ace 1d6 (1)


George blinks as too many Brodkil disappear for his liking. He gets on the comms again. "Mercy, be careful! You've got invisible bogeys out there. Try to spot 'em in the dust--don't look fer the boat, look fer the wake. Jess, great shot; if you can get another one off, hit the tight cluster of visible ones before they get any closer--maybe some of the ones that we can't see are dumb enough to hang close enough to get caught, as well, and even if not it'll clear out the rest of 'em."

Then he pulls the bike to the far side of the blue D-bee's gully, broadside so as to leave a nice, large target, and leveling his Wilk's in the general direction of the oncoming demons. Hopefully, the dumb sumbitches will shoot at me and reveal their positions, 'stead of just diving past to get the civvies.... Armor should take most of their shit.

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Notice
Notice rolls carried over


Once again Hawdore fought to keep the dismay from his face as his newfound friend a protector left him alone to face the hostile Coalition Forces. Just stay calm Hawdore this isn't anything you can't handle. He thinks to himself with a mental grimace then once more fights to keep an impassive expression on his face as he sees the shadow across the ground and risks a glance skyward to see a strange bat like creature flying overhead!

What is THAT?!? Whatever it is by it's looks it isn't going to be friendly to the Coalition so perhaps enemy of my enemy if my friend. Either that or I'm desperate enough to grasp at any straw that comes to hand.

Watching the flying creature land out of the corner of his eye Hawdore winces from the incredible noise that suddenly emanates from it and dives for the ground as the wave of sound crashes into the Coalition troopers and glances back at the jail. I really hope this newcomer knows what it's doing things are going to get messy fast I think. Speaking of which, where is the sheriff?

Keeping his head down Hawdore mentally prepares to teleport back inside the jail at the first sign of any Coalition soldier becoming trigger happy in his direction.

OOC Comments
Holding action if applicable. Will attempt a teleport into the jail the moment it looks like anyone will be shooting in his direction.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 13/20
Active Powers: None

Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Spartacus

Stats
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • Edge (Racial): Mr. Fix It
  • Edge (MARS): AB (Psionics)
  • Edge (MARS): Major Psionic
  • Edge (F&G) Brave
  • Edge (F&G): Quick
  • Edge (HJ): Investigator
  • Edge (HJ): Healer
  • Edge: McGyver
  • Edge: Rock and Roll!

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • Hindrance (Minor): Loyal
  • Hindrance (Minor): Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:32 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
One problem with magic, and primitive weaponry, is that they have a rather lower range than technological weapons. Khar-loez is going to have to close the distance to have any effect on the battle. However...he needs something first. We have invisible enemies, SOMEONE needs a way to find them. He is pretty sure he is the only one here who can do that. He pus up his weapon and pulls out his tools. He takes a mone and cuts a disc out of it with a chisel, then does it again and bores a slit into the discs...he is making something similar to an eskimo snow glare device, but when he enchants it with his power it will let him see the invisible...

(this will take at least the whole round)

OOC Comments
Techno-Wizardry 1d10 (4)
Wild Card 1d6 (5)


Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote


OOC Comments
: Brodkil are 500"/yds from Mercy.

Hope the following is all good, Speed power and Split the Seconds Edge so.. put on armor fast.



Mercy hears, kinda, GG say something about look out for boogies. Boogers? What did he say? Invincible boogers. Horror spreads across Mercy's face. What! Disgusting! Maybe she misheard him? To be fair she was occupied yelling a lot at Mark. Sometimes Mark did the strangest things. Aloud she says to Mark, "Oh helllno!" Snapping her fingers, one, two, three times as she slams on the brakes to Mark she continues, "We will do Smite-y Ram next time! I'm putting on my armor if there is boogers out there. Gah, can you imagine? Demon boogers!"

Not a lot of things will get her in armor but demon boogers is a definite yup.

As Mark is still skidding to a stop Mercy puts Mark into park and wobbly stands up then tumbles half on purpose to her right, and back towards the rear cargo area. As the vehicle stops she moves, still with blinding speed from earlier (Pace 36) and Splits the Seconds of time rapidly strapping on her body armor.

On the down side the heavy peacemaker armor isn't quite as sexy as her black leather. On the plus side, no boogers on her leather.

Lifting up her golden age rifle she feels Mark completely come to a stop and she makes her way to the side hatch door which she left open previously. Absently wishing Mark would stop saying stupid things about a jar, Mercy wishes he would remind her to close the hatch. But, it's open and as fate would have it Mark skidded to a stop, veering left some, so the open hatch faces towards the advancing Brodkil.

Standing in the raised open doorway she waits for the Brodkil to get closer. Last minute snapping on armor if neeeed.

Taking deep breaths she prepares to will Smite onto the M411 rifle. No gift bags for these Mopes, they're getting holy hot lead! Especially if they are flinging boogers!

Notice 8
: Notice Roll, 1d4+2 = 3 (1), wild 1d6 (6), Ace 1d6 (2)

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Gorgeous George wrote:
George blinks as too many Brodkil disappear for his liking. He gets on the comms again. "Mercy, be careful! You've got invisible bogeys out there. Try to spot 'em in the dust--don't look fer the boat, look fer the wake. Jess, great shot; if you can get another one off, hit the tight cluster of visible ones before they get any closer--maybe some of the ones that we can't see are dumb enough to hang close enough to get caught, as well, and even if not it'll clear out the rest of 'em."


Thanks GG, that means a lot. Jessica Bronze aims the boom gun at the cluster of 4 visible ones. She lets out a breathe. "Ok, another shot going off, get clear of me, if you are nearby." Ok, breathe... You got this just like the trainer at Castle Refuge said, Aim small, miss small. Jessica Bronze breathes and fires at the visible brodkill trying to hit as many as possible.

Shooting Brodkill with Boom gun, 10 to hit, damage 46 ap 25 MBT
( medium range, armor cancels out 2 pts of shooting penalties, +2 from marksman)
Shooting 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Wild 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace 1d6 (2)

Damage 4d12+6 = 41 (11, 7, 10, 7)
Raise 1d6 (5)

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 107
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1456 Round 2 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Combat Data
  • Round 2 is over, Round 3 is now!
  • Carlos JOKER +1 Bennie to everyone PC, +2 to all PC trait rolls
    • Brodkil (invisible) JOKER +1 Bennie to everyone NPC, +2 to all NPC trait rolls
      Mercy KH
      Brodklil (bionics) 10D
      Brodkil Leader (WC) 10S
      George 8S
      Bronze 8D
  • Brodkil are 450"/yds from Jess and Mercy, 520"/yds from Ostrasaurus, 600"/yds from Carlos
  • There are four brodkil visible


THE MOUNTAIN GIRL George, Mercy, Bronze, Carlos
George pulls to a stop and surveys the area, hoping to see approaching invisible sub-demons. He knows they are out there but can't spot any, not right now.

Meanwhile Carlos gets down to work crafting stuff out of skin and bones, literally. And in a few seconds he's got a pair of crafty goggles!

Mercy of course doesn't do anything simple. She zips around in her big truck. She gets dressed in party clothes. What she does with the rifle is private.

She does however, despite whatever other insane or otherwise inappropriate acts she is involved in, manage to spot four of the invisible brodkil running headlong towards the Hobos. Oh, well, two of them are running away.

And...
BOOM!!!! There are no visible brodkil left. A Glitter Boy is not an enemy you want to attack from a long way off. But brodkil aren't know for their brains. Some of their brains are now decorating the desert.


Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1459 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Image
Scene 1
Scene 2

THE THUNDERHEAD SWINDLE Hawdore, Simba
OOC Comments
    Simba -
    Samas AC
    Sheriff 6S
    Hawdore 5S
    CS Officer* 3C - Shaken, 1 Wound
    CS Grunts (2) 2S - 1 Down
Damage: Simba: 1 wound


Man-bat hits the ground. Surprises everyone. Immolates a Deadboy. And then things get a little cray cray as the kids say. The SAMAS is the first to react after Simba's dramatic entrance. He shoots at Simba, who's not a terribly hard to miss. And the Sam doesn't. He hits Simba right in the chest. The mystic armor absorbs most of the rail gun bursts, but not all of it. In other words, it MOTHER FRACKIN HURTS LIKE A BIATCH!!!

The Sheriff draws a pistol in his right hand and tosses keys to Hawdore, "Get your gear!"

The officer, seems to hesitate for just a second, but responds like a veteran and quick draws his laser pistol and does a quick double shot at Simba, but the energy blasts can't penetrate the the man-bat's magical defenses. The remaining grunt follows his leader's example and shoots with his much heavier laser rife, but it doesn't have the punch of the rail gun, and Simba escapes unharmed again.

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
- 1 Bennie Soak: 1d6 (2) Wild: 1d6 (2)
Notice: 1d6 (6) (+2 for vision) Ace: 1d6 (6)Wild: 1d6 (4) (+2 for vision)
Shaken roll: vigor: 1d6 (2) WIld: 1d6 (6)


Simba grabs his chest from the rail gun shot. The pain. I should have focused on that loud weapon in the back. If I can draw these metal men out of town, then they will be safe. Simba takes flight and flies straight, trying to draw the CS squad out of town. On the way out, Simba will take a shot at the SAMAS. This combat is taking a lot out of me. I don't know how much more I can do.

OOC Comments
Spellcasting: 1d8 (4)-1 Wild: 1d6 (5)-1 total: 4
Medium Burst Template Damage: 3d10 (7, 7, 3) Total: 17 AP:5
PPE used: 17/30
bennies left: 3/4

_________________
[url=Simba]http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942[/url]
Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice 1d4-4 = 0 (4)
Notice Ace 1d4 (4)
Notice Ace 1d4 (1)
Wild 1d6-4 = -1 (3)

So Notice 9, -4 for Invisibility, means a 5--success spotting a Brodkil's position, at least?

Shooting, unfortunately, ALSO suffers the -4 from Invisibility, even if you know which square to target.... He'll double-tap to try to compensate (+1 hit/damage). His targeting system eats another two points of the penalty, so net is -1, before Range.

Shooting 1d6-1 = 2 (3)
Wild Shooting 1d6-1 = 1 (2)

Failure. Still, it might spook the Brodkill if even the Grackletooth can see 'em....


The Grackletooth blinks, as he spots a faint disturbance in the air--swirling dust moving in strange ways. Gotta make this shot count....
He levels the Wilk's and fires two quick shots in rapid succession. Unfortunately, they strike the dirt near the invisible fiend's feet. Ah, well, it's the thought that counts, right?

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote
A fierce look crosses Mercy's face. Enhanced vision watches the location where Jessica blasted with Glitters. Growling, the 6'1" tall, thin, red head grips the handle of the Pre Rifle rifle tightly in her right hand. The barrel pointed down and out of the hatch door. Slowly she raises her left hand and points out into the distance imagining where the other Invisible Brodkill might be. Clinching her teeth tight and groaning with fury Mercy wills four invisible bolts of destructive power to arc across the space between her fingers and the settling dust from the boom gun and GG's shots. Four Mega explosions ripple across the earth. Boom, boom, boom, boom!

A hrump later Mercy sneers with pride. She likes having mind powers of extreme willpower and mind over matter as a by product of her new found immortality. Mercy grins out at the four big explosions she caused and sticks her tongue out. Grimacing at banging her tongue on the inside of her helmet she returns it to her mouth. "Oulch."

Turning back and stepping into Mark, she flips the switch and closes the hatch uncharacteristically. Setting her rifle down she shakes off the effects of the Speed power and sits down cross legged on the floor.

"Mark. I need you to metamorphosis into a Glitters. We just need a big gun. You know. So we can play too."

Rolls
I'm sure I will miss all four times, and it's 10 PP potentially wasted. But Mercy insisted.

Onslaught • Power Points: 2– 8 or 4 (Spend 1 ISP to double the Range to 36/72/144, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10, to 180/360/720). Cast four bolts at 3d6 MD each.

Spend 10 PP to do so.

Psionics 1d10 (6)
Damages from random placed Bolts!
3d6 (4, 1, 4)
3d6 (4, 5, 6)
3d6 (6, 5, 6)
3d6 (2, 1, 3)

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Notice 5
Notice Die 1d8 (4)
Wild Die 1d6 (5)

Telekinesis 12
Auto Ace #1 from here
Ace Roll 1d10 (4)
Taking 2 Actions MAP -2
10 + 4 - 2 = 12
Load Limit is 400
Target can oppose with Strength
If target fails take 4d6+4 = 15 (2, 2, 4, 3) falling damage. That's MD damage not that it should matter for him.
I'm not sure of the range but spending 2 ISP to make the range Smarts x 10 for the duration just in case.

Hawdore focuses on the CS officer and with a mental grunt HEAVES him 40 feet straight up into the air and lets him go. He grimaces has the officer hits the ground with a sickening thud but has no time for remorse right now. Time enough for guilt if I survive this.
Teleport 9
Auto Ace #2 from here
Ace Roll 1d10 (1)
Taking 2 Actions MAP -2
10 + 1 - 2= 9
Note: I don't see the jail on the map so I don't know how far it is. If I can't see the jail then I'll need to make a Smarts roll at -2 to do this. Otherwise I just need to know for ISP expenditure. Teleporting the sheriff results in one level of fatigue.

Focusing once more Hawdore glances back to the jail then clutching the keys he slaps his hand on the sheriff and teleports them as far into the jail as he can see. Shaking his head briefly to clear it of the sudden dizziness from teleporting another with him he cuts off the sheriff's protestations with a gesture.

"I do not know who that creature is but we cannot help him lying in the street riddled full of holes. I see my armor in the locker there but where is my gun?" Hawdore speaks has he rushes across the room to open the locker and retrieve his gear hoping that the brave fool that came to his assistance lives long enough to allow him to return the favor. Holding his arms out from his sides his armor floats from the locker and begins to assemble itself on his body with has much haste has he can muster.

"Perhaps you should stay here Sheriff. The CS may not hold you responsible if things go badly."

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 13/20
Active Powers: None

Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Spartacus

Stats
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • Edge (Racial): Mr. Fix It
  • Edge (MARS): AB (Psionics)
  • Edge (MARS): Major Psionic
  • Edge (F&G) Brave
  • Edge (F&G): Quick
  • Edge (HJ): Investigator
  • Edge (HJ): Healer
  • Edge: McGyver
  • Edge: Rock and Roll!

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • Hindrance (Minor): Loyal
  • Hindrance (Minor): Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Jessica is in the GB



Notice 6
Notice 1d8 (3)
Wild 1d6 (3)
1 Bennie for Extra Effort: 1d6 (3)


Ok lets check the screens and see if there are any invisible... Oh yeah, ok Bronze lets aim small miss small. Those targets had better not be GG and Mercy! Oh man Kar-Loz duck! Jessica Bronze adjust slightly holding her ground, aiming for a high concentration of invisible Brodkill. Won't they just eventually stop coming?
Jessica flicks on her comms, " Hey folks I am firing again. Just a thought here, any way we can reason with these big red uglies? Are they intelligent?"
At the last minute Jessica aims just in front of the forward most Brodkill, and hits the trigger emphasizing her point with a loud Boom! She cranks her loud speaker up to maximum out put. " PLEASE STOP ALL FORWARD MOVEMENT OR YOU WILL BE OBLITERATED!"

Action, stop being a murder hobo and persuade these frakers to stop, I eventually got a 7 on my persuation roll, not sure if GB get their plus 2 bonus or if there are any circumstantial bonuses to getting them to stop advancing.
Not really doing anything except putting in everything Jessica has in asking them to stop and using her Boom gun to help her ask.
Persuasion 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6 (3)
Bennie to reroll
Persuasion 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)

Not sure if being a GB gets her the +2 in this case, but it would be a 4... Frak it I am tired of being a murder hobo... I killed all those kids and more than half out team goddamn it! 1 more benny please get me a 6.
Persuasion 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Wild 1d6-2 = 2 (4)

Goddamn it, I got 1 more and my last benny...
Persuasion 1d6-2 = -1 (1)
Wild 1d6-2 = 4 (6) Ace 1d6 (3)

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-loez was never given a radio, and probably prefers it that way. Carrying around a piece of technology would be like having a wasp crawl inside your ear to him...a constant annoyance that could easily get worse.

He puts on his device and can see the Broadkil clearly (if nothing else is in the way). He waits for one to come into his range and attacks with his weapon.

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 (7)
Notice WC 1d6 (5)

Shooting 1d4 (3)
Shooting WC 1d6 (1)


Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
George replies to Jess. "Far as I've heard, Brodkil are intelligent in the sense that if enough of 'em die, the rest might run away. But they are actual demons. Even Big Al's willing to kill 'em, and you know what he's like."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 107
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1459 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
COMBAT IS OVER

THUNDER MAN George, Mercy, Bronze, Carlos, Gummy
As if obeying George's words, or at least following his description, the remaining brodkil turn and flee. Of the fourteen that crawled out from beneath a rock, there are now six running hell bent (and that could be literal, since, they are sub-demons after all) away from the scene. They abandon their invisibility after a while, so it's easy to track them as they keep running away. George's marginally aimed shots don't in anyway come near the fleeing brodkil, but the shots do seem to speed the monsters' retreat by a perceptible amount. Mercy's only slightly better aimed shots have a more impressive result on the brodkil moral. Several of the throw up their arms and duck a little before returning to a full out run. And last but not least, Mercy's friend Glitters shouts a warning at the fleeing monsters. They may not be able to spell obliterated, but when a Glitter Boy tells you to stop, and two-thirds of your horde have just been obliterated, turning and running is a very smart choice for the remaining brodkil.

Carlos and his mount (though at the moment, dismounted) were closing in on the brodkil on foot. Something only a true hunter like a simvan would do. Having finished his contraption, Carlos had a very good view of the invisible creatures. He could tell far more concretely than all the others that all of the brodkil and turned tail and run. There was one still alive laying on the dirt though, it hadn't released its invisibility yet. Remarkable, considering it has no legs.

------

The first "BOOM" didn't wake her up. But it knocked her out of deep sleep.

BOOOM! - "Wait, what?"
zzzzzt! - "Maybe I'll close my eyes, just to rest..."
Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam! - "Damn! What the hell?"
PLEASE STOP ALL FORWARD MOVEMENT OR YOU WILL BE OBLITERATED! - "What the F! Wha? Huh?"

Gummy wakes up very confused. Nearby loud noises have cause her aching head to pound. It hurts like a four-day sake bender with the oyabun footing the bill. The first "boom" is still resonating in her head. Closing her eyes actually hurts. Having the open hurts. The light is so bright. And it's hot. Squinting, raising first one hadn and then the other to shield her eyes, Gummy starts to perceive her surroundings.

And they make no sense.

She is sitting up on the wreck of a wooden cart. All around her are ten, twelve, maybe fifteen blue dbees. Most people would not recognize them. The blue skinned, elf-like race is new to Earth, and seems to have come en masse from their homeworld. They call themselves the faelerin. But non of that is why Gummy knows anything. The Black Market has been quietly, but aggressively, kidnapping and detaining these dbees whenever possible. And they are nasty rumors about what happens to them. Some wild conspiracy theories, ranging from demon controlled shifters to murder wraith masterminds to Coalition wizards. Crazy stuff.

None of that explains why she is her though. Why is she here? And who made all that noise. These blue skinned elf wannabees are practically naked.

Comforting, at least, ラッキーコイン is firmly set in its scabbard on her left hip, reassuringly tugging at her belt when she moves on the cart. A quick look and she is confident her gear is all still intact. The blue dbees don't seem to have robbed her in her sleep. But did they kidnap her?

What the hell is going on?

OOC Comments
Gummy starts with 2 Fatigue levels. Anyone know a doctor?


Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1459 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Image

BLIND HUNCH Hawdore, Simba, Ferrax
OOC Comments
    Hawdore AH
    CS Officer* QH - Shaken, 2 Wounds
    Simba 10C
    Ferrax 7S
    Sheriff 5D
    Samas 4D - Down
    CS Grunts (2) 4C - 1 Down
Damage:


Ferax is blind, and to compensate, he has been engineered to have his other senses significantly improved. And that stereotypically includes hearing, which is unfortunate in this case. The loudest, most horrendously awful, painful, ear shattering screech he's ever heard knocks him off the stool from the lunch counter. It makes a Boom GUn sound like a pin drop. In his attempt to stay upright, he sends his sandwich - barely touched - sailing across the room. The owner/host/waiter/bus boy grimaces, whether from the broken china or the noise doesn't matter. The image through the glass window is obscured by a large hand panted sign - all Ferrax knows however, is that a lot is going on outside. Gunfire. And more of the horrible sound! Staggering to the door, the Aberrant Shifter is able to use his radar sense to comprehend the situation. A humanoid bat thing is flying around, it's responsible for the horrible noise, naturally. There is a hover car vehicle of some sort. There is a SAMAS - or was the bat thing just screamed at it, and now it's crashed. One soldier type in body armor stands on his side of the hover car, and he thinks he detects the broken body of another one on the other side. Another armored trooper, his armor is different than the others, it's adorned with spikes and more ornamentation, is somehow launched in to the air and comes crashing down to the ground with a thud. Maybe Ferrax can hear bones breaking. Up the street, to his right, Ferrax senses two other people. One seems to be human as far as he can tell, complete with cowboy hat. The other is very tall and while humanoid, is not anyway humanish. Tall, long neck, heavy body. He and the cowboy seem active, but it's hard to say what they're doing, because then they're just gone.

-----

What are they doing? Well, for starts, Hawdore is tossing the CS officer around like a rag doll. When the officer finally hits the ground, there is a thud and darkly comical puff of dust. The victim gets back up and tries to shoot back - at someone. But in his broken state, he doesn't even hit the broad side of the barn. His shot goes at about a 80 degree angle up into the sky. A laser blast, thankfully, does not fall back to earth when it loses energy.

A blink later and Hawdore and the sheriff are in the jail. Wide eyed, the sheriff doesn't answer with words, but points to a series of drawers below the locker. They all unlock with the same key. Finally the sheriff gets a word out, "Thanks."

Launching into the air on his broad wings, Simba terrorizing the skull faced power armor just starting evasive maneuvers. Not evasive enough though, the massive blast of sound blows through the armor and pops the eardrums of the pilot. Disoriented, deaf, with blood coming out of his ears, the pilot loses control and crashes into the cigar store, setting it on fire.

The remaining grunt, the only CS soldier not critically injured, does the only thing he's trained to do in this kind of situation: he shoots the dbee. But he misses Simba by a mile. He is moving towards the boardwalk, maybe for cover.

What are you doing?
Bennies: +1 to Simba, +1 to Bronze, +1 to Mercy, +1 Gummy, +1 Carlos

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Notice
1d4+2 = 6 (4)
Wild 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Rattling herself awake, Gummy isn't half sure what to make of the current scene. . . at least until she was able to process a bit more information. Whatever caused the horrendous cacophony that jarred her awake was at the foremost of her lengthy list of concerns.

Her artificial gaze darts rapidly about before fixating on one of the many blue creatures sitting in a proximity far closer than she would prefer.

Aliens, the only thing worse than foreigners. . .

Wearing a plastic smile, she grins like a porcelain doll before introducing herself -- a gesture of conditioned politeness to be sure, passively her grip tightens around her gilded sword. A nasty habit perhaps, but an incredibly subtle one nonetheless.

"Arigato, mysterious blue. . . people!" A thick accent coats her best attempts at civility, or the closest thing she can muster given the circumstances. If fortune happened to be in an amicable mood today, she might just be able to figure out what exactly in the sweet name of illicit profit was going on!

Her eyes dart again at the thought of that deafening noise, attempting to discern even the slightest peculiarity in her surroundings. When suitably content she isn't going to be vaporized, Gummy tries her best to stoke up a conversation with the 'locals', or slaves, whatever they happen to be.

"Do you speak American? Perhaps we are hostages, yes? Is there no chance for an extravagant tea party? Oh, I'm kidding of course! Would you be so kind as to tell me what that horrible sound was?"

Persuasion
1d10+6 = 8 (2)
Wild 1d6+6 = 9 (3)
After the adrenaline of being boomed awake wears off, Gummy realizes how very, very tired she is. That was certainly irritating, but she still had her valuables at least. . . although there was still the matter of seething hatred she was repressing. Whoever did this was about to be two digits short on their spakin' hand!


Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 3 (1) Wild: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6 (1) total: 9


As Simba is flying past the Samas, when he sees his sound blast hit he smiles. Alright, it hit and it looks like it was very effective. That will probably be something I need to keep an eye out, these natives look to be vulnerable to the sounds. Simba hovers over the battle and as he watches the Samas fly in an erratic pattern concern washes over his face. Opps. I hope that wasn't an important building. I will have to find a way to repay the damage. Why did it catch on fire? That can't be good. Simba is concerned for the safety of the people, but knows there are more machine men that need to be taken care of first. Taking a quick glance on the situation everything has gone much better then he could have hoped for. The main problem is burning in a building, one machine man is on the ground, one machine man is cowering if fear, and one machine man look very injured and is not able to shoot straight. Lets see if we can take care of two birds with one blast. Simba will swoop down and pick up the grunt hiding in fear and fly straight up to a high that he knows the person would have difficulty in surving the fall. Once at the desired altitude, he'll let go above the injured one.

OOC Comments
Fighting: (unless there is a better skill) 1d4-2 = 2 (4) Ace: 1d4 (3)Wild: 1d4-2 = 0 (2)
Spend 1 Benny Extra Effort: 1d6 (1) Total: 6
Damage: 1d4 (1)+ 1d6 (5)

_________________
[url=Simba]http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942[/url]
Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 (3)
Wild Notice 1d6 (4)


George chuckles into his comm. "Good job, everyone. If we can confirm that the demons are all fleeing and not trying to come back around invisibly, we can call this a victory and see about getting that mech--" He cuts off as he hears a strange, feminine voice coming from in the ditch with the wrecked carts that doesn't seem to fit with what he heard the D-Bees uttering a moment before.

Turning, he looks down and sees the cybered girl with the pink hair chatting about tea. I don't see any o' Mercy's type of implants, but.... waitaminute.

"Gummy, that you? I remember you from the 'Burbs, Little Lady. What brings you out here on a broken caravan?"

The GrackleTooth in the field medic armor looms over the trench the wagons had crashed in, grinning widely as he lifts his visor.

OOC Comments
Up to you if you remember him as well as he remembers you. Not that many Grackletooth Cyberdocs, though, so he might stand out in her mind. He was known then as the guy that anyone could go to get patched up. Oh, and hangover cures; he was good at hangover cures.....

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote

Mercy hears GG talking over the radio and thinks.

I like GG. Such a cute D-Bee. Like ol' Grak, back at the Legion. Cute. Huh?

Realizing she didn't actually listen to what GG was saying since her mind wandered, Mercy does pick up on the sudden stop of words.

Sum ting up?

Racing to the driver seat Mercy peels out with Mark leaving a cloud of dust and flying sand behind.

Mark states: "Please utilize safety restraints at this speed. Warning, data logs indicate the max posted speed for this location is 35 miles per hour."

With reckless abandon, and driving with her foot as she pushes buttons on both sides of the driver seat randomly trying to shut up Mark, Mercy pulls up by Gummy and GG.

Popping open the top hatch she pokes up with her .50 Desert Eagle in her hand.

Mark states: "A Door is a Jar."

"Shut up Mark!"

Looking down she spies Gummy.

Screeching loudly Mercy excitedly drops back into the APC.

Crash, boom bang!

Distantly one can hear her yelling.

"Mark! Oh my God Mark where did I leave the gift bags. We have a new comer! I must get a gift bag and take it out to her, where did I put them!"

More screaming and laughter makes it way out of the APC.

Rummaging about she will finally head outside and bashfully hold out a small gift bag to Gummy.

Gift Bag
One 8 1/2 x 11 page with crayon drawing on it of a picture of all the 4th standing next to what looks like Gummy. 5-6th grade art. By Mercy.
One rock painted red with googilie eyes glued to it.
One half of a sandwich PB&J.
One crayon (pink).
One half dead flower.

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:06 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am
Posts: 31
Reply with quote
Khar-loez could chase down the Brodkil, but really he is not that much of a fighter. He calls back his steed and lopes towards the blue D-bees, where his speech band should become useful. He keeps his "snow goggles" on though, in case the Brodkil try to return...and he points out to his allies, "There is a hurt invisible demon over there, you might want to capture it for questioning."

Khar-loez turns to the blue aliens, "Hopefully that takes care of your immediate problems. I am Khar-loez, did you require assistance?"

Everyone should understand him perfectly...for most of the next two hours.


Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Suit Up 4 turns
1d6 (4) turns


Notice 3
Notice Die 1d8 (2)
Wild Die 1d6 (3)

As soon as Hawdore has his armor sealed and powered up he will grab is rail gun from the indicated drawer and make his way back out onto the street.

_________________
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.

Hawdore
Bennies 4/4
ISP 13/20
Active Powers: None

Alts: Professor Adam Radecliffe, Spartacus

Stats
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • Edge (Racial): Mr. Fix It
  • Edge (MARS): AB (Psionics)
  • Edge (MARS): Major Psionic
  • Edge (F&G) Brave
  • Edge (F&G): Quick
  • Edge (HJ): Investigator
  • Edge (HJ): Healer
  • Edge: McGyver
  • Edge: Rock and Roll!

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • Hindrance (Minor): Loyal
  • Hindrance (Minor): Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.


Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
George nods in thanks to Khar-Loez. "Jess, we got an invisible breather out there, sounds like it's too hurt to go anyplace. Since you can spt them on your radar, go ahead and go out and see if you can find out what they are doing in the area. Ain't gotta play nice with demons."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Ok at least the bloodshed has stopped. Demons or not, I am no murderer.

Jessica retracts her laser spikes. She holsters her boom gun on her shoulder, but draws her silvered Chain sword. Seems like a long walk out there, but I might as well get going.
" Rodger that GG, heading out. Jessica Bronze checks her radar for where this injured brodkill is located. Common and work dammit, where is this guy? Has to be near the rocks they came from right? Maybe I'll see it when I get close to those rocks.
Notice
Notice 1d8 (2)
Wild 1d6 (3)


Jessica Bronze heads out to the rocks that Brodkill had come out of looking for the invisible one, but not actually heading right to it.

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Posts: 107
Reply with quote
Local Conditions wrote:
Dangerous Territory
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1500 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
COMBAT IS OVER

IT'S A SMALL WORLD George, Mercy, Bronze, Carlos, Gummy
The blue people seem quite friendly, but none of them speak civilized languages, or even Amerian. The prattle off in some semi-melodic tonal language that makes absolutely zero sense. But they help her off the cart, hand her a battered canteen of water and offer some sad looking berries and a slab of what might be cactus - the spines are the clue there. Whether responding to her question or just excited about something, several of them point over the rim of the small ravine. One climbs up high enough to see over, and with a grin, a universal language, throws up both hands like "Yay! We did it!". From Gummy's perspective they haven't done anything but sit in a ravine, so it's hard to guess what is actually being celebrated.

Hearing the voice, George approaches the ravine's edge. Sure enough, it is the one and only Gummy down there. The blue people seem to be fond of her. They help her down off the broken cart, give her food and water. Several of them also seem to be celebrating the brodkils' defeat. Apparently the blue people recognize George as part of the anti-brodkil team and aren't scared of him at all. However, George has absolutely no clue what these crazy people are saying.

Again. It's probably best to leave whatever Mercy is doing unsaid. Hopefully she's presentable when presenting the gift bag.

"Thank you and your people so much," one of the blue people replies. "Our people have not been here very long and we have been tormented since we first set foot. We thought we were escaping a great evil, but did we rush headlong into even greater danger?" He is not afraid of Carlos and puts a hand on each shoulder (if allowed). Then he gestures to the group of blue people, "We are called faelerin, I am *Larry*. We are trying to find a home far from the people they call "Coalition" and the "Federation". We were told that we need to head "west". We have no valuables for this place. Any help you can provide would be gratefully accepted."

Jess lopes across the desert after the sub-demons. She has a good look and the injured guy. He's bleeding pretty bad. The black blood is pooling in the dirt from multiple holes in his body. The stump of a cybernetic arm waggles ineffectually as it tries to push itself up.

Of the other brodkil though, she has lost site. She arrives at their rock. Beneath it is a cramped dugout cave. It is dirty, as in filthy. Rags litter the space. Meat of some kind is on camp stove. It all looks quickly set up.

Coast seems to be clear.

Local Conditions wrote:
CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1500 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 78 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Flat, even light

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Image

A SINGING PILGRIM Hawdore, Simba, Ferrax
COMBAT IS OVER

Simba notices that the leader of the machine people is still kind of twitching, even attempting to stand up. He's not dead, but he is certainly not going anywhere on his own. He goes higher then he needs to, he doesn't have terminal fall heights of CS soldier table memorized after all. The quality CS body armor keeps the grunt from going splat, but he does go crunch as he crashes into the leader. It is a noise that says bad bad news to anyone who can hear it. It is the last noise either of the CS soldiers will ever make.

A very strange smell starts to waft up from the burning building. It's sweetish, but there are a multitude of other flavors blended into the smoke.

By the time Hawdor is outside and ready to rock and roll (politely of course) there is no one moving. He sees the bat creature up in the air. He sees the shop across the way burning. Several other citizens have reached the street and are shouting and pointing and running around like headless chickens. The sheriff is next to Hawdor, a long rifle in his hands, but he gapes at the fire, whatever comment he was about to say lost, replaced by, "Help! We gotta get help!" He motions to Hawdore, "Git the buckets from jail, and whatever else you can find, there's a well 'cross the street!" He speeds off down the street trying to rein in the chaos.

Frozen in place by the destruction virtually at his feet, Ferrax just listens to chaos outside the door.

What are you doing?

_________________
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe














Nameless:
    Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 6/6

Murder Hobos:


Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 8 (6) Ace: 1d6 (4)Wild: 1d6+2 = 6 (4) Total 7


A piece of Simba is satisfied his plan worked. The new smell is rather enticing, however Simba is pretty sure that the fire is not supposed to happen and is regretting not being able to control the fight better. That's not good. I need to help put out the fire. I better be quick, I don't have a lot of time to heal either. Simba will land out of the way of the fire fighting efforts to heal himself.

OOC Comments
Healing: [dice]2-2[/dice] Wild: 1d6 (6) Ace: 1d6-2 = 2 (4)Total: 8


As Simba concentrates on healing, a soft musical medley is heard. The Rail gun round works its way out of the wound surrounded by a gentle purple glow. Once the rail gun round is fully out and the wound seals itself, Simba will join in the fire fighting efforts of the mess he caused.

Once the fire is put out, Simba stand by and see what happens next. Ready to take off if need be, or provide any further assistance.

OOC Comments
PPE used: 23/30

_________________
[url=Simba]http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=942[/url]
Bennies: 3


OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise


Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
As the others report in, Gorgeous George considers their options. "Okay, folks. Any chance we can rig up one--or even two--of these wagons behind Mark, take these good folks on towards town? I don't want to leave them out here in the wilderness with Brodkil running around."

Hrm... In fact... He gets on the radio to the Behemoth; they probably should be in range, still, especially if Big Al was able to get Tiny moving slowly forward at all. "Big Al, or whoever he's got on comms:Keep yer eyes out fer Brodkil. There's a pack of 'em running around out here. Jess did for most of 'em, but some probably got away."

_________________
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 4/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit


Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 28
Reply with quote



    After shyly presenting Gummy a gift bag, Mercy rushes over to George.

    "We kicked butt! Jess did I mean! Mark was too slow. I need to paint him faster....glittery or something...."

    Lost in thought Mercy looks blankly at GG until he mentions hooking up the wagons.

    "Huh? Oh! Yes. Mark can pull anything! I'll go get him rigged up and ready."

    Mercy rushes around to the rear of Mark and makes preparations.

    "Your turn to shine Mark."

OOC Comments
PP down to 14
Greater Boost Repair Skills
Rolls: Psionics 1d10 (5)
Wild 1d6 (4)

Repair Skill

1d6 (6) Ace 1d6 (1)
Wild: 1d6 (1)
Freemage: "Psst... just a notion--if it requires a quick Repair roll to hook the wagons up to Mark, Mercy can get Repair by using Exalted Boost Trait to go from nil to d6, or d10 on a Raise."

_________________
Mercy
Mercy
18 (9) -2 to be hit (reflexes)
ISP: 18/20
Active Powers: Greater Speed Pace 36
Bennies 4
AC: Riled Up - "Play after your hero sustains at least one wound. Her attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene."
Image

My Accounts
Image


Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 am
Posts: 25
Reply with quote
Notice ambushes and others nearby 1d8 (6)
Wild 1d6 (1)
Inside the Suit



Out by the rocks Jess gazes back at the throng of folka: blue skins and the COT4th. Are they hitching the vehicles to Mark? Hard to tell but a nice idea. Inside the Glitter Boy suit Jessica releases the controls to take a look at a letter she got at the last stop. It is in a sealed envelope keyed to her biometrics and bares the mark of the black market. She opens it carefully. This better not be about those blue D-bees! She breathes a sigh of relief after giving the letter a brief scan, and then tucks it back in her jacket.
Jessica checks her scanners and walks over to the bleeding Brodkill with her Silvered giant vibro sword in hand. She nudges it with her foot. She lowers the volume on the PA so just the Brodkill can hear her.
" Alshley, Divon, Turge, Qill, Micael, Avery, Aele, Vastal. Sargent Sheen, Diplomat Saraway, the twins Peeter and Petri Rominov. Those I've killed, and they did not deserve it. I am not sure you guys deserved it either. GG seems to think so. Tell me what you are doing out here in the wastes in between here and there. Tell me what you were doing going after the blue skins and I'll see you get medical attention, but for sake, don't tell me it what just chance... Make something up if you have too. If you don't I'll let time kill you. I am not a murder hobo, but the ticking clock is." She draws the sword at the Brodkill's throat. " You are neither someone I love or respect, you best talk".

_________________
Pace:6/10, Parry:8, Toughness: 29(18), Big and Shiny: Opponents are +2 to hit
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: 2 Cards per initiative draw
  • First Strike: Melee attack against one foe who has moved adjacient
  • Martial Arts: always armed
    Skills:
  • Stealth: d6
  • Notice: d8

Gillter Boy Iconic Framework
  • Glitter Boy.
    • +18 MDC, +6 toughness, 10 pace(d10 run die), d12+4 str, d12+4+d6+2(brawler) MD punch, swim 6, ½ damage from laser
    • Boom Gun: 4d12+6, 250/500/1000, MD, MBT, RoF:1, shots 1000/1000
    • +2 notice, can offset two points of shooting penalties

Bennies
0/3
+1 Jokers wild
-1 notice check
-3 for a success on a persuasion roll against brodkill


Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.