View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 The 99 - From Hope To Action 

The 99 - From Hope To Action
A recent contact in the field has been able to get us messages of several opportunities to help others in the field. Beacon will continue to send out his reports, but do to the diverse nature of those reports we will need a highly mobile team. A team capable of giving a Last Hope to those in the direst of needs.

Trouble Shooters Needed, Are You The One They Need?
Qualifiers: The following attributes are highly desired for service in the 99
To apply for this team you will need to show several strong traits.
  • A 99 needs to show a willingness to prioritize helping others above personal profit and comfort.
  • A 99 will be expected to spend long periods of time away from Castle Refuge with little support.
  • A 99 will be need to be able to solve problems in the field with little or no support from Castle Refuge.
  • A 99 will need to have the self-control to be reliable for their team mates, quickly responding to orders and adapting to complex situations.

Disqualifiers: The following attributes will disqualify an applicant from the selection process.
  • Applicants with a history of vengeful or bloodthirsty actions will not be acceptable.
  • Applicants with major physical disabilities preventing them from field operations will not be acceptable.
  • Applicants who have shown an inability to follow orders in stressful situations will not be acceptable.

Meta Information
The 99 will be a series of adventures based on the podcast generated by Sean Masters under the moniker of Beacon Titled “The Voice of Hope”. Each mission profile will be based on the podcast and players will be expected to listen to the initiating episode as each mission is triggered.

Currently I plan to start the first game early in September depending on player character availability.

You can listen to Seans amazing Podcast at http://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com/

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:03 pm

This post is so I can keep track of players who join.
  • Baron McVey = A Quickflex Wanderer and Gambler from a colorful
  • Billy Borg = A young innocent with no choice but to be a Combat Cyborg
  • Erin Sol = A Techno-Wizard, background to be developed
  • Hardin = A Psi-Slinger who receives messages from the Queen of Fairies, or does he?
  • Lawrence Charles = Psi-Nullifier, background to be developed
  • Nomed Dercas = A fresh Juicer who strives to be one of the heroes and do his part
  • Sephia = An Altaran unsure of her ability to fill the mantle of the Cyber-Knight Order
  • Sir William Mahan = A newly minted Cyber-Knight with dreams of matching Sir Thorpe

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Character Concept - A newly-minted Human Cyber Knight who dreams of matching the achievements of legends like Sir Thorpe, Grandmaster Cross, or The Shining One. As a newly raised knight, he did not fight on either side of the Tolkeen Wars, but some of his friends in training were D-Bees, so he has no great love of the Coalition. He sees the Tomorrow Legion as a path to glory and honor.

ISP: 20/20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:00 am

VorScott wrote:
Character Concept - A newly-minted Human Cyber Knight who dreams of matching the achievements of legends like Sir Thorpe, Grandmaster Cross, or The Shining One. As a newly raised knight, he did not fight on either side of the Tolkeen Wars, but some of his friends in training were D-Bees, so he has no great love of the Coalition. He sees the Tomorrow Legion as a path to glory and honor.

Sounds great.

This thread tells you how to make a character on the sight and the correct format. If you have any questions or need help let me know and I can set it up. One thing you will want to do is rename you account to match the character you are playing. So if your character will be named VorScott you are golden.

As little helping advice, one thing a lot of players miss (I did) is that when logged in to the desk top site there are a bunch of buttons that insert the commands such as bold, and dice that you will use. It makes everything easier.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 am

Also, if you use the google docs BBCode plug in, it will actually make most of that code for you. The only thing it doesn't really catch is indent. A list uses the [list] command with the bullets ([*]), but without the bullets, it works like indents. So that one thing you'll have to hand code, or you make it bullet points and pull them out of the final version (assuming you want indents instead of a bullet-ed list).

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 am

MOVED TO viewtopic.php?f=7&p=16233#p16233

By RFT

ISP: 20/20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:57 am

Cool, I moved him to his own thread he is now located here.

We will start running through and the sites GM's will look him over and help work with him.

Once he is all set, I will make sure he is formatted correctly.

Curios, where is the post for your heroes journey rolls?

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 am

The following Google Hangout was set up for this groups chat. For those who are joining please select this link. If you leave or resign it is easy to exit a hangout.

The 99s Hangout

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Ok, just wandered over here from the Pinnacle Savage Rifts forum, and I am intrigued. I'll go ahead and read the posts on character creation, etc., but I'd love to play a Psi-Slinger if you've got room in the party for another psychic. I've wanted to play one of those since I first read Palladium's New West book years ago and never had the chance.

That said, happy to play something else if that won't work.

Toughness: 13(5)
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Strong-Willed, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Riding d6 + 2, Notice d8, Psionics d10, Survival d6, Intimidate d6 + 2
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +1 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis), Energy Resistance (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*)
Current Ongoing Powers: None
ISP: 30/30
Charisma: -2 (Half-elves treated as outsiders)
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: redraw 5 or below
Equipment of Note: Piecemeal CA-7 armor (possession is a “shoot-on-sight” crime with any Coalition troops), Shard Pistol (returns to his hand as a free action and lower Trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting), “Judgment Day” rifle with attached scope (stats of a Wilk’s 457 pulse rifle), TK Revolver, Colt Dragoon .44 Revolver with silver bullets
Robot Horse: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
  • Fighting d8, Notice d8 + 2, Survival d6
  • Pace 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
  • Parry 6
  • Toughness 20(10) MDC
  • All-Terrain: +2 to Riding checks
  • Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice, power armor sensor package)
  • Kick does Strength + d6 Mega Damage
  • Size +2
Adventure Card: Folk Hero - Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
Full Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1006&p=16620#p16620

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Hardin wrote:
Ok, just wandered over here from the Pinnacle Savage Rifts forum, and I am intrigued. I'll go ahead and read the posts on character creation, etc., but I'd love to play a Psi-Slinger if you've got room in the party for another psychic. I've wanted to play one of those since I first read Palladium's New West book years ago and never had the chance.

Yes, we do. Welcome.

Glad to know those post are working. We have some site custom edges for making a psi-slinger or you can use the RAW.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Hardin wrote:

Check out this custom Iconic to see if it is something you would like to play.

Psi-Slinger

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Looks good to me! Thanks!

Notable Edges/Hindrances: Strong-Willed, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Riding d6 + 2, Notice d8, Psionics d10, Survival d6, Intimidate d6 + 2
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +1 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis), Energy Resistance (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*)
Equipment of Note: Piecemeal CA-7 armor (possession is a “shoot-on-sight” crime with any Coalition troops), Shard Pistol (returns to his hand as a free action and lower Trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting), “Judgment Day” rifle with attached scope (stats of a Wilk’s 457 pulse rifle), TK Revolver, Colt Dragoon .44 Revolver with silver bullets
  • Pace 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
  • Parry 6
  • Toughness 20(10) MDC
  • Size +2
Adventure Card: Folk Hero - Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
Full Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1006&p=16620#p16620

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Just to be 100% clear that I'm tracking, the Psi-Slinger is a MARS framework, starts at 20xp (or 25, if I'm reading the character creation rules correctly), and rolls on the MARS table and 3 Hero's Journey tables, right?

• Pace 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
  • Parry 6
  • Toughness 20(10) MDC
  • Size +2

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Yes you understand correctly

25 total starting character

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Hey there :)

Just found my way over from the Savage rifts G+ community. Very interested in getting deeper into the Savage Rifts world. I've listened to all of the Beacon of Hope podcasts and they are an amazing story hook idea that I was already trying to find a way to place into a campagain of my own creation.

I'd love to join this play by post, but I have to admit I've never played this way before. I registered on the forums and am in the process of putting together a Juicer that has been prompted to action listening to the broadcasts from Beacon and is ready to stand up against those seeking refuge from the fall of Tolkeen or the Savage frontier of Rifts Earth.

Parry: 7; Toughness: In Armor 14(6) or in vehicle 17(8); Pace: 16(d10); Burn: 10(d10)
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/2
Adventure Cards: Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).(46)
Bennies: 3/3

Skills
Shooting d10, Fighting d8, *Notice d6, Stealth d6, *Tracking d8, *Survival d8, Persuasion d6, Driving d4, Throwing d6, *Streetwise d8, *Forgery (Common Knowledge) d6+2

Active Effects
+2 on all ranged attacks
-2 to be hit as long as Nomed is aware of the attack**
+2 to Tracking, Stealth and Survival in the wilderness
Nomed requires only half the normal amount of sleep and has +2 to resist fatigue
-1 to all Smarts and Smarts-linked skill rolls(*) in non-combat/low stress situations
On the first round of combat Nomed does not receive the benefit from Uncanny Reflexes** or Quick**
+2 to Survival rolls related to land navigation
+1 to Survival checks where food gathering is concerned
+1 to Healing checks

Combat Edges
Split the Seconds: Grants an extra action each round.
Dirty Fighter: +2 with all Trick Manuvers
Quick: Whenever Nomed is dealt a 5 or less in combat he may discard and draw again until he gets a card higher than 5.**

Primary Weapon
JA-11 Energy Rifle
  • Range 30/60/120
  • Damage 3d6
  • RoF: 1
  • AP: 4
  • Shots: 60
  • Weight: 7
  • Notes: As an action, switch to fire an ion beam (use stats for NG-57) or have laser do Mega Damage (uses 10 ammo per shot and applies Snapfire penalty) Integrated scope offsets two points of Range and/or Darkness penalties. Advanced technology makes this weapon extra effective against armor, giving it +2 AP.)
    Ion Beam
    • Range: 12/24/48
    • Damage: 1-3d6+1
    • AP: 2
    • Notes: Ion weapons grant +2 Shooting due to the spread effect of the ion stream, but they lose one die of damage at Medium Range, and two dice at Long.
  • Long E-Clips: 2

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:27 am

Welcome Nomed,

The juicer is a classic!

If you need any help with character creation please don't hesitate to ask or jump on the community hangout if you use Google Hangouts.

VV

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 am

Nomed Dercas wrote:
Hey there :)

Just found my way over from the Savage rifts G+ community. Very interested in getting deeper into the Savage Rifts world. I've listened to all of the Beacon of Hope podcasts and they are an amazing story hook idea that I was already trying to find a way to place into a campagain of my own creation.

I'd love to join this play by post, but I have to admit I've never played this way before. I registered on the forums and am in the process of putting together a Juicer that has been prompted to action listening to the broadcasts from Beacon and is ready to stand up against those seeking refuge from the fall of Tolkeen or the Savage frontier of Rifts Earth.

Great and welcome aboard. A Juicer should fit well in the group. Go ahead and read the character creation post and get started.
Once you are ready for us to start reviewing your character let us know by posting ready for review.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:53 am

Hello, I am interested but new to Play by Post.

My character concept is a child who was accidentally and terribly wounded by some upstanding Hero in the battle against (Evil of choice).

The Hero, overcome with guilt, pays to have the characters brain put into a Combat Cyborg frame in order to save his life.

Sum up of concept

Borg with the brain of a 11 year old boy.

Let me know if this works with your group.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:15 am
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

I'd like in with this group. Baron McVey Professional Gambler and Gentleman Rogue.

Bennies 4/4
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense (Notice Check -2 to perceive danger)
  • Quick (Re-draw cards under 5)
  • Ambidextrous (No off hand penalties.)
  • Two-Fisted (Make two attack rolls w/o multi-attack penalties.)

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 am

A. BLEYS INGRAM wrote:
Hello, I am interested but new to Play by Post.

My character concept is a child who was accidentally and terribly wounded by some upstanding Hero in the battle against (Evil of choice).

The Hero, overcome with guilt, pays to have the characters brain put into a Combat Cyborg frame in order to save his life.

Sum up of concept

Borg with the brain of a 11 year old boy.

Let me know if this works with your group.

@Bleys,
Sounds very workable. Cyborgs can be fun for players and GM's.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 am

Baron McVey wrote:
I'd like in with this group. Baron McVey Professional Gambler and Gentleman Rogue.

Cool, I will start looking at him today or this weekend.

I have a full schedule today, so do not be surprised if it takes until tomorrow.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:26 am

I feel like I forgot someone. This is the current roster I recall. If you submitted and I did not include you. Please update me.
1: - Proposed Billy Borg = Combat Cyborg
2: - Proposed VorScott = Cyber-Knight
3: - Proposed Sephia Moonblade = Altara Cyber-Knight
4: - Proposed Lawrence Charles = Psi-Nullifier
5: - Proposed Juicer = Nomad
6: - Proposed Hardin = Psi-Slinger
7: - Proposed Baron McVey = Gambler
8: - Proposed Erin Sol = Techno-Wizard

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 pm

I will be using roll20 for significant combats in the background. I will past a copy of the map with all the relevant player visible tokens in any relevant post. If you would like you can simply include in a post the description of where you are going, such as from X to Y. Alternately you can chose to simply log in and move your icon yourself.
This was made by copying an existing campaign so I will not have to create a new deck or other little elements.
It is up to you if you would like to join or not. But when your characters are finalized I will make tokens for your characters.
https://app.roll20.net/join/2480773/Cdm2KA

For clarity, you do not ever have to access the site if you do not want to. It is only an option of convenience.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm

My Juicer, Nomed Dercas is all done and ready for review. Making characters is so awesome on this place. I'm already comin up with a ton more ideas for characters and might make some more just for the fun of it :-D

Parry: 7; Toughness: In Armor 14(6) or in vehicle 17(8); Pace: 16(d10); Burn: 10(d10)
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/2
Adventure Cards: Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).(46)
Bennies: 3/3

Skills
Shooting d10, Fighting d8, *Notice d6, Stealth d6, *Tracking d8, *Survival d8, Persuasion d6, Driving d4, Throwing d6, *Streetwise d8, *Forgery (Common Knowledge) d6+2

Active Effects
+2 on all ranged attacks
-2 to be hit as long as Nomed is aware of the attack**
+2 to Tracking, Stealth and Survival in the wilderness
Nomed requires only half the normal amount of sleep and has +2 to resist fatigue
-1 to all Smarts and Smarts-linked skill rolls(*) in non-combat/low stress situations
On the first round of combat Nomed does not receive the benefit from Uncanny Reflexes** or Quick**
+2 to Survival rolls related to land navigation
+1 to Survival checks where food gathering is concerned
+1 to Healing checks

Combat Edges
Split the Seconds: Grants an extra action each round.
Dirty Fighter: +2 with all Trick Manuvers
Quick: Whenever Nomed is dealt a 5 or less in combat he may discard and draw again until he gets a card higher than 5.**

Primary Weapon
JA-11 Energy Rifle
  • Range 30/60/120
  • Damage 3d6
  • AP: 4
  • Shots: 60
  • Weight: 7
  • Notes: As an action, switch to fire an ion beam (use stats for NG-57) or have laser do Mega Damage (uses 10 ammo per shot and applies Snapfire penalty) Integrated scope offsets two points of Range and/or Darkness penalties. Advanced technology makes this weapon extra effective against armor, giving it +2 AP.)
    Ion Beam
    • Range: 12/24/48
    • Damage: 1-3d6+1
    • AP: 2
    • Notes: Ion weapons grant +2 Shooting due to the spread effect of the ion stream, but they lose one die of damage at Medium Range, and two dice at Long.
  • Long E-Clips: 2

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 am

Great!

Yeah we love making characters too. You can go nuts in the "Supporting Cast" forum.

VV

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:36 am

Hey everyone I just found this place and it was exactly what I have been looking for. This would be my first time doing pbp. My idea is a Altaran Technowizard who comes off as a bit of a Juicer wannabe. She was freed from the Splugs by a former barge-mate that underwent the Juicer conversion. Erin became a Technowizard to learn as much as possible about life/tech/magic to return the favor and eventually cure her her Juicer sister (Sasha) , unfortunately when Erin found out about the Prometheus treatment at Newtown she convinced Sasha to undergo the process and then had to end Sasha's life with her own weapon when she returned as a Phoenix Juicer. Erin's guilt over this drives her to live her life partially to honor Sasha.

PPE: 15/15 Master of Magic
  • Quickness:
  • Dispel:
  • Warrior's Gift:
  • Speed:

Advnture Card
Dressed to Kill -Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Welcome,

Sounds like a great, and tragic, background. Please check out our character creation process and get started.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Or join our community hangout to bounce ideas off of other members.

Do you have a group in mind?

VV

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Erin Sol wrote:
Hey everyone I just found this place and it was exactly what I have been looking for. This would be my first time doing pbp. My idea is a Altaran Technowizard who comes off as a bit of a Juicer wannabe. She was freed from the Splugs by a former barge-mate that underwent the Juicer conversion. Erin became a Technowizard to learn as much as possible about life/tech/magic to return the favor and eventually cure her her Juicer sister (Sasha) , unfortunately when Erin found out about the Prometheus treatment at Newtown she convinced Sasha to undergo the process and then had to end Sasha's life with her own weapon when she returned as a Phoenix Juicer. Erin's guilt over this drives her to live her life partially to honor Sasha.

Sounds good. You will be the only Magic User in the group, and being able to repair gear is always a great thing.

The group also has a Juicer in it already, so perhaps there is potential for a friendship/empathy there.

Edit: Do you know how to make a character and roll dice on the site?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Moved this post and approved characters to Tomorrow Legion: The 99s

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]