View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm



Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ] 
 BC: PORTAL (Arcane Company, Dimensional Travel to AVAROK IV) 
Author Message
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Image

The Arcane Company Dimensional Portal.

Located adjacent to the AC HQ the portal is accessed regularly by AC Jumpers (some times called AC Drones). Jumpers are men and woman who work for AC as Security for Miners who mine several worlds. The gate is unlike most Rifts, it does not have a Acane scent to it. (Mechanical process to open gate, not magic). The Rosen-Mímir Bridge acts exactly like a Rift in regard to being able to portal to other worlds, but can only be operated by Rene.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:49 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
AVAROK IV ADVENTURE


EARLY MORNING


    In the early morning hours the new members of the Arcane Company Security Team aka. Jumpers (the Black Company Mercenaries, You the Player Characters) assemble before the large stone portal.

    Dark mist culminates around the fringes of the stone gateway. It feels like every moment that passes more fog and mist materializes around the portal.

    Several technician wearing white coats over body armor move about the portal working on switches and dials located under a removed stone along the base of the portal.

    After several minutes they place the stone back onto the ground covering any sign of technology and stand up telling Rip that the portal will be activated by Rene in 2 minutes. Rip nods and waves the members of the team over.

    "Okay Jumpers, here's the deal, you have each been given a cold weather hand held radio that is designed to work on Amarok IV, a heavy fur coat, a bag of rations and water and you have your personal gear, weapons and armor blah blah blah. Some details on where we are going..."

    Rip explains the following:

    Q: How plentiful are the Ley Lines, and are there any near the Gate location or the mine?
    A: No visible Ley Lines. In fact recovery of PPE is 1:3 adjusted to your Recovery Rate. In other words instead of 1 per hour it's 1 per three hours. Amarok IV is not a Mages preferred world. What it has is mine


    Q: Are those Ice Draogens more susceptible to heat and flame attacks?
    A: No one has fought one and said.


    Q: How far is it from the Gate to the mine entrance, how open is the terrain
    between them, and if it is far do we provide our own vehicle, or will one be provided for us?"
    A: Two mining sites on Amarok IV. Both too far to walk. The small base, and the big base. Small base is accessed via large trucks. You can hitch a ride. They are... massive trucks. The Large base is further away from gate. Accessed via Snow Train. You'll get a ride on it.


    "As far as which base to go to? Once through the gate we will ask the men there where Durham is. Durham is the one who sent the signal that the Jumpers (BAMF) were gone. We'll interview him and go from there. Right at the gate is a small house, check point.

    Expect 20 degree Fahrenheit weather and lots of snow in the areas we will be. Much of the planet gets well below -20 Fahrenheit. Let's avoid those areas.

    Oh. And. Heh Kasey. You asked... no other gates on the planet. But we'll be fine. There is a Gate Warden - he knows how to operate the gate on Amarok IV. The Crazy Gate is not magical in nature as a few of you are undoubtedly realizing. Rene and her Wardens are not keen on people trying to figure out the gate. So. Don't pry."


    As a pulsing blue and white light twists open in the gate the technicians rush away and a sonic swoosh blasts outwards. Wind blows harmlessly past you all and through the open portal you can see a bright cold landscape- Amarok IV.

    No changes in Mystic energy levels are detected by Gargamel or Hans. The strange gate is indeed an oddity.

    Rip, holding a remote control, activates a four legged crawling machine about the size of a forklift. It has a load of crates on its back. The crawler moves through the portal and Rip follows.

    On the other side Rip waves at you to follow.



AMAROK IV

    The cold air bites like a playful lover, invigorating to the skin with its brisk touch. However after a few minutes the frigid air starts to bite like a rabid animal as the sting of extreme cold settles into any exposed skin.

    As soon as you step through the portal from Gloom to the house by the gate it is immediately obvious that something is not right.

    Rip looking at the house with a worried look. The house front door broken off the frame and laying in the snow. A moaning sound coming from the inside of the house. Rip states, "Yeah that's not good."

    As the last of you steps through the gate it deactivates.

    A storm is brewing above as the sky darkens.

    A closer glance at the front door (pace 40 away, about 200 feet away, across a bridge and frozen river, we are not in combat so just make your way across if you like) shows red blood in the snow by the door and some by the garage. The garage is open and can be seen into once across the bridge... it's empty.

    Rip unfastens his energy rifle and holds it at the ready, pointed towards the open door: "Yes I hear the moaning. We are going to need cover from this approaching storm. Being outside will mean death. You think it's cold now."

    In the area: The house, which is off to the right of the gate. The gate. Two parked massive trucks as seen to the left of the gate. And a hell of a lot of snow coming down.

(Until you are acclimated to the cold you are all at -1 to all Rolls while outside because the temperature just dropped a bunch and because I'm mean. No Init needed yet. Soon. Declare actions. Thanks for waiting for me to finally post. Once actions are declared I'll toss up a map of the house. Need to make it still).

Image
https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/139407/assets/758339/0_FF_World_mining_1.png?1500145777

Edited portion above is in Orange. Also adding below Overview to House Map. If you go inside I'll remove roof as we go.

Image
https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/139407/assets/762788/IMG_6907.JPG?1501343983


_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:06 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Thrudh steps through. Reluctantly. VERY reluctantly. If he weren't fully sealed in environmentally protected armor, you can bet you'd find out if a grackle tooth can get goosebumps. He is grumbling constantly, something about "frackin' cold" and "wonder if I can light a cigar in here" until he buttons up quiet at the sight of the blood and wreckage on the other side of the gate.
"Piss on this whole place. Turn the gate back on. You can keep yer money." Realizing he's not getting out of this situation any time soon, he shivers...a lot...and prepares himself for what looks like a fight. Readying his CV-212 and flipping the safety, he assumes a firing stance and points his rifle at the door.
"I say we get in there and burn whatever ain't walls an' a roof."
Thrudh glances at the trucks, then advances towards the door, business end of the rifle pointed at the opening.
Notice
Notice with alertness, minus cold penalty because Lars is mean
1d6+1 = 7 (6)

Ace notice
1d6 (2)

Total: 9

Wild die notice
1d6+1 = 3 (2)

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Responce to Thrudh Notice Roll
Thrudh you notice that the moaning sound, even though it sounds like something dying a horrible death, it's just the wind rushing out the front door. Like possibly there is another door open elsewhere and wind is blowing through the house.

You see blood by the side of house, and by the garage. The blood is frozen a crimson red. The garage is totally empty. Standing near the broken off front door shows more frozen blood and you see the door looks like it was blasted off from the inside of the house.

Something pushed it outward from within the house. The door is in pretty fair condition still, other than the hinges and lock are broken.




ALSO NOTE: I EDITED ABOVE GM POST

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:18 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote



NPC POST - Rip

Rip moves across the bridge and takes up a defensive position near Thrudh. Keeping an eye on the front door.

"Before you ask, no. No I don't know what in the Hell is going on. Damn it."

Rifle pointed at the door you faintly hear the man cast a spell. One second Rip is standing by Thrudh, the next moment Rip is standing both by Thrudh and on the front porch. A split second later he is only standing by Thrudh.

"I don't see anything in the front walkway just inside the open door. However I have a gut feeling like someone or thing is in there."

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Notice 1d6 (5)
wild dice 1d6 (1)

Gargamel had arrived at the gate still appearing as a blonde non-descript man, most of his weapons and armour covered by the cold weather gear. However, for those of you who had fought alongside him, he was carrying a rifle, perhaps the first time you'd seen him do so. On a low magic world, he thought it sensible to bring more weapons that didn't rely on his PPE.

As they passed through the gate, he shivered.

"Nobody should have to deal with cold like this. Next time, find a more hospitable planet."

As those gathered realised something was afoot, Gargamel brought his rifle to bear, ready to shoot any threat.

"Let's get inside, I don't want to get caught in a snow storm."

OOC Comments
ppe 14
TW armour active
Farsight and Darksight

_________________
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82


Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Kasey is wearing the her Kitani exo-suit minus as always her helmet, with her biowizard blade slung across her back and her rifle in hand. Her breathe freezes even before it has a chance to exhale. Yeah that is cold... She shakily says with her teeth chattering, " Reminds of the time I had to find a yeti for the highlord... Something about wanting to taste its liver..." She survey's the frozen landscape.

Kasey responds to the scene at the house. Her cheeks are turning blue from the cold.
" O-kk-kkay, lets s-s-s-ecure the area, I-I-I'll get a b-b-b-irds eye view." I can barely make out anything in this snow fall... I am with Thrudh we need to get out of here. She touches the black sun tattoo on her face gingerly afraid she might break her face if too much pressure was applied and goes invisible, then activates her jet pack heading up into the air towards the house.

Notice any targets from her lofty position Total 6
+2 from Altertness, -2 from storm, -1 from cold
Notice: 1d8-1 = 6 (7)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 3 (4)

Black Sun invisibility Tattoo Total 9
Power 1d10-1 = 9 (10)
Wild 1d6-1 = 5 (6)


Piloting Jet pack to 20 inches off the ground above the tree next to D Total 8
+1 bonus ( Jet pack give a +2, -1 from cold)
Piloting 1d8+1 = 8 (7)
Wild 1d6+1 = 2 (1)

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:46 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Responding to Kasey Notice Roll
From above Kasey feels the wind bite, unbuffered by the house. Looking down she can tell the back door is also torn off its hinges and lays in the snow. No frozen crimson blood is by the back door but Kasey can detect the snow covered ground is shifting and swirling oddly by the back door. Something unseen (invisible?) slides through the snow into the house.


ALSO NOTE: I'm giving Hans and Alecto a chance to post their arrival. Then I'll put out INIT cards.... Because something happens....

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:00 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote


NPC POST - Rip

Rip nod's at Gargamel, "Yeah. Now it's starting to snow. And get darker. Let me send in a decoy first. Some foreboding feeling is pestering my senses."

Concentrating and shivering Rip shakes and groans and steps out of himself. Or duplicates. Splits into two beings. Suddenly there are two men standing in the snow. Whatever he just did there are now identical copies of Rip.

One (the original?) stays where he was, gun pointed at the house. The other one walks through the snow leaving foot prints and makes his way towards the front door like a swat team member.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
Although Alecto's Huntsman armor is not sealed, she shows no signs of shivering or other discomfort from the cold...though she does snap a visor over her eyes to keep snow from interfering as much with her vision. A moment of self-diagnostics confirms for her that for the moment her systems can operate without harm, but at lower temperatures...such as the storm being mentioned...the potential for fluids freezing or ice forming in key points could make things more dangerous.

She hefted her plasma rifle and focused her attention on the house. The extremely cold environment had one advantage. Anything warm, like a living body or recently-active machine, should stand out very clearly against it when conducting a thermal scan.

Which Alecto now did.

Total Notice: 12
OOC Comments
(Using IR vision to look for heat sources within house, as well as a conventional Notice check:) 1d8+2 = 7 (5) or 1d6 (6)

(I think the +2 from vision still applies to the wild dice and also Ace: 1d6 (4))

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:50 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 (6)
Ace: 1d6+6 = 12 (6)
Re-Ace: 1d6+12 = 17 (5)
Wild: 1d6 (6)
Ace: 1d6+6 = 11 (5)

Hans is nice and comfortable in his sealed armor Just like back in the mountains. This looks bad... better get prepared...

Hans will create a Boost/Reduce Gadget.
OOC Comments
TW: 1d12+2 = 12 (10)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 7 (5)
Result: 12. Success and 2 raises. 20 PPE Armor Gadget. PPE cost to follow.


Use it on himself, and activate his armor's Structural Integrity field
OOC Comments
Greater Boost Trait-Shooting
TW: 1d12+4 = 8 (4)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 8 (4)
Result: 8 - Success with Raise. +4 Dice to Shooting (d12)

TW: 1d12+4 = 7 (3)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 6 (2)
Extra Effort: 1d6 (2)
Result: 9 - Success plus Raise. +10 MDC Armor. Bennie and PPE cost to be deducted later, and added to armor later


Hans then draw Satisfaction (Tic's old P-40 Rifle).

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Notice Roll to get a better bead on the target and see that Rip himself is not walking into danger, Total 13
Notice 1d8-1 = 7 (8) Ace 1d8 (6)
Wild 1d6-1 = 3 (4)


Well isn't that interesting, Rip is doing something unexpected. It is still fraking cold Kasey clicks on her comm unit and chatters through frozen teeth, " B-B-Be advised S-S-some kind of invisible I-I-interloper has entered from the B-B-Back of the house." Kasey lines up her rifle to the back of the house, and double checks her attached grenade launcher. Ok good plasma looks tasty. Hmm I should have brought one of Thurdh's cigars up here.

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:38 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Response to Alecto Notice Roll
IR (Heat Sig)

Alecto uses her IR vision and immediately notices a long snake-like, otherwise unseeable, heat signature making its way from the back of the house towards the front door. Many twisting and wiggling tentacles wrap about it often exploring the area around it's winding and churning body.

It bunches up and condenses its body from a long, roughly 30 ft long essence into a rounder globe about the size of a large man, who has no corporal body and is merely a heat signature. The thing is at the end of the hallway, that one walks into when entering the front door.

Next post has more info. From Kasey's point of view/Notice Roll.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
Alecto's voice comes over the team's communicators.

"There is a thermal anomaly inside the building. It was originally approximately ten meters in length, with many thin tentacles along the length of its body. It is currently smaller, roughly a 2 meter diameter sphere hovering beyond the doorway. Nature of anomaly is unknown."

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:05 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice Roll (17) carried over.


Using the armor's loudspeaker, "Whoever is in the house, please come out and don't make any threatening move."

With that, Hans holds Satisfaction at a low ready, ready to shoot if they are threatened.

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:33 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Response to Hans Notice Roll
Hans sees a dead body at K4, frozen under the frozen water. It looks like a person in Full EBA and high tech weapons and gear. There is a crimson murk around the body.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:07 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Response to Gargamel using Greater Farsight
Using this power allows Gargamel to see the being, not as well as IR that Alecto's non human eyes are using, but well enough to see a ghost image of the "ghost".

So Gargamel can see: but at a -2 to hit with weapon or spell due to the difficult image. .

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:10 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Response to Kasey Notice Roll
Kasey uses radar (in a sense) to see....

She is unable to accurately pick up the movement of the being while it is inside the house. The roof of the house is interfering... some material the roof is made of. If / when the creature exits the house she will be able to track it with radar no negative modifiers.

At the moment Kasey has more, of a feeling, than actual "sight" of a being in the house.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:15 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 (5)
Wild: 1d6 (3)
Result: 5


"Looks like possible dead guard under the ice to my left of the bridge. Looks like casualty of combat. Keep your eyes open for possible trouble from that shapeshifter in the building. Possible salvage too."

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:22 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Thrudh snorts in disgust. "I'm 'bout ta booby a trap fer this joker if it don't come out an' show itself. C'mere, ya big ball a' ugly! Come out nice-like an' I won't drill a bunch a' holes in ya!"

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
COMBAT ROUND ONE


    The sky darkens more as storm clouds swirl angrily overhead. Snow is now falling at a greater rate. Visibility is reduced due to the wind and snow pelting down onto the scene. Rip hand signals his identical copy to move forward. Id-Rip makes his way towards the front door. Looking into the house with rifle raised he 'starts'. A last minute startled jerking movement. Simultaneously a shimmering cold blue light erupts out of the front hallway of the house and slashes through his body. Like a ghost made of light, the shimmering streaks through him. Instantly Id-Rip topples over landing sideways in the snow.

    On his side in the snow his body is convoluted in an odd angle of terror. His eyes are glazed over in a milky white substance that's frozen. His muscles are rigid and unmoving. If he isn't dead from the creature streaking through his armor and body then you'd be surprised.

    The streaking light is so fast it rips back towards the house like a toy on a spring, it shot outward through Id-Rip then backwards into the house with a speed that is near impossible to see. Like an ethereal bullet recalled to the gun after tearing a hole through its victim.

    The closeness of the cold light to Thrudh causes him to feel horridly cold, sparking a sense of dread in him (proximity to the creature, roll on Fear table Thrudh).
    The streaking coldness that tore through Id-Rip just barely touches Alecto's left arm. (GM note: Alecto Parry 9, I rolled to hit her, got a 11, since you are not flesh and blood I came up with the following chart). Roll on following chart Alecto (1d4):
    1- nothing.
    2- left arm is frozen in place for 1 hour, -1 to trait rolls that are physical
    3- left side (arm and leg) frozen for 3 rounds.
    4- head frozen, -4 all trait rolls as you think through a "haze" for 3 rounds

    The original Rip curses as his Id Self drops dead. The cold creature, colder than the world around it, is invisible (except to IR) when not moving. When it moves it shows up to the naked eye looking like a blue ghostlike thing of light. It's assault on the Id-Rip was visible (Joker for Init!) but now it has stopped in the opening of the doorway and is invisible again. Alecto for sure sees it there writhing in a twisted mass. Everyone else sees it disappear there, unless using greater see invisibility. An eerie grinding sound like jagged metals slashing across each other can be heard. Even though you can not see it, you can still feel it. You know where it is for this round. Next round it might move away, but this round, you know where it is. In other words, your eyes do not see it, but you feel its location, almost supernaturally, you do know where it is. Because it is emitting so much cold after moving a wave almost ripples off its invisible body. (After feeding joy joy ripple?) Point is, no penalty to hit it due to invisible. But see Bad Weather Notes!

Bad weather:
Note: if not in Full EBA -1 trait rolls due to stinging cold (does not apply to Alecto).
Note: snow pelting down and wind -1 visual rolls such as Shooting and Fighting etc (everyone but Kasey who has storm sense muddled up and is -2).



INITIATIVE CARDS

    The Entity | Joker: Strikes outward in a massive blast of light and dare I say, evil etheral mass, and engulfs Id-Rip. To hit: 12. & Damage 58 MD. Id-Rip is instantly frozen to death. As an extra he stood little chance anyway & 58 MD!

Next to go:

  1. Kasey | Ace of Hearts
  2. Gargamel | King of Diamonds
  3. Alecto | Queen of Spades
  4. Hans | Jack of Hearts
  5. Thrudh | 9 Hearts
  6. Rip | 9 Clubs


THE MAP
Note: the Id-Rip was / is at G8 on Map.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:48 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6-1 = 1 (2)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 3 (4)
Result: 3


"Time for some Satisfaction!"

OOC Comments
Hans will be shooting Satisfaction at the Cold Creature
Shooting: 1d12+1 = 3 (2)
Wild: 1d6+1 = 5 (4)
Result: 5 - Hit.
Damage: 3d8+5 = 17 (2, 8, 2)+Ace 1d8 (1)=18 AP6

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Gargamel decided to test how strong what they were facing. If need be, he'd chop it to pieces. It was definitely hostile though and needed blasting.

OOC Comments
shooting 1d8-1 = 6 (7)
3d6 (5, 6, 5) +2
ace 1d6 (3)
21 damage AP 2

_________________
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82


Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:58 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Thrudh curses at the speed of the thing. WHAT THE FRAZ?!
Resist Fear
Spirit w/ Brave
1d6+2 = 4 (2)

Wild die spirit
1d6+2 = 8 (6)

Ace wild die
1d6 (3)


Undaunted, Thrudh growls and bellows out. "You ain't takin' Thrudh down like that! Eat hot laser, ya freezin' freakin' futhermucker!"
He lets loose with the CV-212, emptying the magazine in 3 massive blasts. His tail reaches for the mag pouch to grab another e-clip.
Shooting
Shooting MD 3 round burst with targeting system, glitched, and -1 for wind and snow, net no bonus (+2 to hit for 3RB omitted, but does not result in raise for any shot)
Shot 1
1d8 (2)

Shot 2
1d8 (5)

Shot 3
1d8 (5)

Wild die
1d6 (4)

Damage, +2 for 3RB, MD
3d6+4 = 17 (5, 6, 2)

One ace damage
1d6 (4)

Damage total: 21, AP 2


Firing the burst and emptying his weapon, Thrudh's tail swaps in a new e-clip as he makes a controlled reverse move (to I-10) away from the beast. Thrudh shakes his head rapidly from one side to the other in a quick battlefield awareness scan.
Notice
Notice with Alertness, -1 for weather
1d6+1 = 4 (3)

Wild die notice
1d6+1 = 4 (3)

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
The freezing 'haze' that emerged from the house and killed the copy of Rip managed to slip past Alecto's guard and curl around her head...perhaps trying to kill her as well. Had she been flesh and blood, it might have worked. Even the brief exposure slicked her with ice, thoroughly fogging her vision. At the same time emergency systems had to kick in to preserve memory, processors, and other components from the suddenly FAR below recommended temperatures.

She recoiled, reacting too late to stop it, then slowly stood straight again and took aim with the plasma cannon. The thermal anomaly was black on grey...a seething cold spot in an already-frigid background. Even with her head iced, she could make it out, though between the diversion of power and the slick of ice, her accuracy would be impaired. No help for it though.

Freeze roll: 1d4 (4)
Shoot Fire Thing!: 1d10-2 = 2 (4) or 1d6-2 = 3 (5) wild.
Gonna benny: 1d10-2 = 2 (4) or 1d6-2 = 4 (6)
Ace: 1d6 (1)

Assuming the 5 hits:
3d10 (7, 1, 5), affects least-armored section if applicable. Megadamage.

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote


Holding for Alecto



Did Alecto's plasma blast affect the creature? Frak I can't see anything in this blizzard. Kasey zooms in about 60ft from the doorway where the creature is using her jet pack ( About 14 squares of movement). She aim with her rifle letting a plasma grenade go wild into the doorway.
" Time for diner big ugly." After the explosion goes off she zooms away to the river's edge.
Movement
16 inches away to E3 at 20" off the ground


Shooting a plasma grenade at -1 into space e11, Total to hit 4, Damage MD 23 pts, area effect attacks go against the lowest armor value, and bypass armor if their are any gaps.
+2 from armor, -1 from cold, -2 from blizzard
Shooting 1d8-1 = 4 (5)
Wild 1d6-1 = 1 (2)
Damage MD SBT: 3d10 (5, 10, 2) ACE 1d10 (6)

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:52 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
NPC POST - Rip

Dice
Notice 1d6 (3), wild 1d6 (6)
Shooting 1d8 (2), wild 1d6 (3), Ace (oopps, this is added to notice above) 1d6 (2)
Damage 3d8+2 = 19 (8, 8, 1)
Agility 1d6 (6), wild 1d6 (1), ace 1d6 (1)

Move to J8
While backing away from the house, nearly tripping in the deepening snow Rip fires a three round burst from the NE Rifle that spreads wide and high striking the house not the entity. Stumbling from the recoil he looks to be about to fall backwards but turns it into a controlled roll assisting him in backing up, he maintains a combat stance of training the rifle on the entity while making a tactical retreat.

Aloud he calls out to Thrudh, "Did you notice that!"

GM Commants
GM POST COMING ASAP, Thrudh hold on till I post as Lars before you say anything. Thanks.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:52 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
COMBAT ROUND TWO

    The sky darkens more as storm clouds swirl angrily overhead. Snow is now falling at a greater rate. Visibility is reduced due to the wind and snow pelting down onto the scene.

    Hans unloads satisfaction, firing the gun at the entity. The rounds course through it like a hot knife through butter and carry on into the house beyond. Gargamel fires at creature also, blasting away with laser fire. Thrudh pulses blasts and backs up. Alecto fires into the mass of entity also. Kasey lobs a plasma grenade down from above onto the entity. Rip fires a burst, striking wide missing. Other than Rip who obviously missed as he stumbles backwards, his burst striking the house and causing damage to it. The other cold members of the Black Company all hit their target, unfortunately all the phenomenal damage from bullets, lasers and plasma desecrates the house, passing through the entity. The house looks much worse after the barrage of damage intended for the entity and wrought upon the house. Pulsing and sparking the entity looks annoyed not hurt. Agitated not harmed it looks like it is preparing to move, or strike again.

    Distantly you hear a train whistle blowing.

    The House entry way looks pretty messed up now. (Friendly fire and from the Entity pulsing and causing damage).


Bad weather and other info:
Note: if not in Full EBA -2 trait rolls due to stinging cold (does not apply to Alecto, yet).
Note: snow pelting down and wind -2 visual rolls such as Shooting and Fighting etc (even Kasey who has storm sense muddled up and is -2).
Note: due to dumping of snow, difficult ground penalty, Pace halved on the ground. Basically 1 inch is 2 Pace to move across.

Note: Thurdh Noticed "something". PM sent already.
Note: Entity size is larger now so +2 to Hit on Fighting and Shooting rolls. It is Sparking as mentioned before so its location is known.


INITIATIVE CARDS Note my post was messed up and I lost the actual cards, but after looking at map I can type out the order....seen below. Shrug, nothing changed except I can't recall each card. Thankfully it was on map.


  1. Thrudh
  2. Hans
  3. Alecto
  4. Kasey
  5. Gargamel
  6. Rip
  7. Entity


THE MAP

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:12 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Thrudh shouts back at Rip. "See you stumble an' miss the invisible monster? Yeah I did! Try keepin' yer feet next time!" Then he stalls and glances around. I shoulda been dead. What the fraz...hey, wait a minute! He slings his rifle and runs to the barrels against the wall. "It don't like this stuff! Looks like metal shavings. Get behind me!" Scooping up handfuls of the shavings, he starts throwing out piles into the snow in front of the creature, attempting to create a line in the snow to keep it from crossing. He takes aim with a handful and throws it directly at the creature.
Throwing
Throwing a handful of iron shavings at the creature
1d4 (2)

Wild die throwing
1d6 (3)

Benny for extra effort
1d6 (6)

Ace extra effort
1d6 (3)

Total throwing = 12


He keeps one last scoop in his off hand, hoping it wards off the creature from striking him.

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Sarcasm for the win
Thrudh shouts back at Rip. "See you stumble an' miss the invisible monster? Yeah I did! Try keepin' yer feet next time!" <-----------------Okay you earn a bennie for that sarcasm Mister.
Thrudhs actions
Thrudh scoops up handfuls of the iron shavings, he starts throwing out piles into the snow in front of the creature, attempting to create a line in the snow to keep it from crossing. He takes aim with a handful and throws it directly at the creature and keeps one last scoop in his off hand, hoping it wards off the creature from striking him.
GM Responce to actions
The creature continues to pulse and does not a attack Thrudh, it does make a horrible eeking sound that makes one cringe (this times a million: https://soundcloud.com/wellcometrust/knife-bottle).The handful of cold iron shavings that hit the Entity seems to have hurt it.
NEWS TO YOU ALL
Okay the cats out of the bag.... only Cold iron can hurt the Entity. Parry 7 and Toughness 22, cold iron only AND its large so +2 to hit. Otherwise its immune to all attacks!!!!!!

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:20 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
"Ya don't like Iron, eh? Let me give ya something I used to play with as a kiddie! EAT THIS!!!!"

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6-2 = 2 (4)
Wild: 1d6-2 = 0 (2)
Result: 2

Knowledge: Arcana: 1d12+2 = 4 (2) - What is it?!?!?
Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)
Result: 4 - Success

Hans will be adding Greater Smite to Satisfaction and then shooting (Including -2 MaP)

TW (Greater Smite - Cold Iron): 1d12 (3)
Wild: 1d6 (1)
Extra Effort: 1d6 (1)
Result: 4 - Success. +5 MDC Cold Iron Damage

Shooting Satisfaction: 1d12-1 = 6 (7)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 3 (4)
Result: 6 - Hit.
Damage: 3d8+10 = 30 (6, 8, 6)
Ace: 1d8+30 = 37 (7) AP6... MDC... Cold Iron.


Satisfaction acts like an almost Railgun as a stream of Cold Iron pellets shoot out into the beast.

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:23 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Soak Roll vs Thrudh
Being hit by handful of Cold Iron caused Shaken on Entity, 1 WC bennie used to remove.
Soak Roll vs Hans
Hans has done a Shaken and 4 Wounds to the Entity by striking it with Cold Iron rounds!

Entity Soak Roll (Vigor d12) 1 WC bennie used.

1d12 (11)

End result is Hans did Shaken and two wounds to it.

Also both bennies used....

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Kasey from her lofty vantage shivers a bit more. Next time I am not leaving my helmet in my room! It is damn cold!
Kasey's voice comes chattering over the comms," D-D-did you guys s-s-say iron?"
I can hardly see anything in this storm, but there has to be some kind or iron out in this forsaken world.

Still invisible she makes a search around the house area looking for some thing nice and irony.

Fly around the house 10 inches up looking for iron total Notice 7, she ends her 30 movement at E22 10 inches off the ground
-2 from cold -2 from storm +2 from alertness
Notice Iron 1d8-2 = 4 (6) extra effort 1d6 (3)
Wild 1d6-2 = 0 (2)


Invisibility
Last round of invisibility, next turn she will have to drop it or maintain it.


As Kesy flies over G14 and G15 she spies what looks like two barrels of iron. Kasey calls over the comms shivering like a broken record, " H-h-ot D-D-am, T-T-here are some B-B-barrles j-j-ust to t-t-the sssouth east of tt-t-he beast, nnnnestled all nnnice and c-c-cozy to the hh-hhouse. TTT-TTThrudh I hh-hhear you are an explosives experttt, any ccc-ccchance you cccan improvise s-s-some iron bbbbbbbbarrel explosttt-ttions? I-I-I-I got some plasma genades if ttttttthat will do anyt-ttttthing.

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
Alecto ran to the nearest barrel and, letting the useless plasma rifle dangle by its shoulder strap, thrust both her hands into the metal shavings filling it. Grasping as many as she could, she then charged the seething mass of 'cold' and plunged her iron-laden hands into it...hoping that mere contact would be sufficient to disrupt it.

Attaaaaack at -4 1d12-2 = 9 (11) or 1d6-2 = 2 (4)wild.
Off hand attaaaaaack at -4 1d12-2 = 2 (4) or 1d6-2 = -1 (1)wild.

Benny on second: 1d12-2 = 4 (6) or 1d6-2 = 2 (4)wild.

(Oh right, it's large so that cancels out the -2...so the second roll is an 8, so it hits.)
Damage attack 1: 1d10 (2) plus 1d6 (5) for ace.
Damage attack 2: 1d10 (3)

...mmyep. FAR short of 22. Oh well. Had to try.

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:07 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
COMBAT ROUND TWO, AFTER ENTITY IS SLAIN


    Thrudh noticed the Cold Iron Shavings in the barrels. He, Hans and Alecto utilize this knowledge, that Cold Iron hurts the entity, in various ways. All effective in their own ways.

Just go with it
The Cold Iron bypasses Toughness, or lessens the Toughness, however you want to state it. I'll try not to be so confusing in the future if I make strange creatures up. When Thrudh tossed CI it did Shaken, so when Alecto touches it with CI 2 times thats two more shaken. Which might not kill it but due to shaken already = wounds.

    After Alecto punches the entity it screeches louder and explodes into a massive cloud of frozen chunks that rip outwards from its center mass. The house is obliterated by this explosion of mass. You all are within the blast radius. The damage is not physical. This cold creepy spirit damage requires you to roll a Spirit Check at -6. (Seriously, no other modifiers added).

    If you succeed the roll you somehow will away any mental trauma and the wave of Spirit Damage rolls across you throwing you physically away from the area by 60 feet. If you succeed the roll you feel sick to your stomach ( -2 all trait rolls for 2 days due to the feeling).

    If you fail the roll you are unconscious for a few minutes, dropping where you are. Also roll on below table.

    Alecto being not human, nor flesh and blood, is immune, after one, two punching the creature she sees it explode and turns around to see everyone else either doubled over in gut pain or unconscious. Wiping away frozen chunks of goop from her self she needs to decide what to do next.

    The weather is increasingly worsening. Alecto you determine that the temperature is rapidly dropping and likely over the next few minutes, say about 6 minutes, even you are going to be at a negative for rolls. If the others are not moved to warmth soon they will be suffering cold damage. Starting with those not wearing helmets!

    Far off, like 30 minutes away is a Snow Train, you can just barely see it. Its slow moving. You see that the house is mostly destroyed. You see the two vehicles parked across the way, by where you guys arrived near the portal.

    Alecto: How are you going to keep the others warm? Lets hope Alecto isn't a perv ;)

    Everyone else: roll the Spirit Check and on table below and post result.


Info
Soon, say 30 minutes away, answers are coming...

Gargamel I did not mean to cut you off, just needed to post results of Alecto's actions....

Remember the below is a temporary condition ....mostly.



Table of Spirit Damage or the "Soul Death Table from Exploding Entity" which sounds more dramatic.

Roll a d20

►► 1: Death. The character appears to be dead for all purposes. This will require some pretty darn powerful magic to fix. Detect Arcana will shed a little light on the situation....don't roll a 1! But if you do we will talk Player to GM :) There is fate worse than death and always trickster gods waiting to make deals with the dead.....heheheheh.

►► 2-6: MIND TRICK TABLE: You do not actually have this issue, but your Character thinks they do. This placebo (fake) Major Hindrance lasts for as many days as your Spirit Attribute. So you have a d8 Spirit, it lasts 8 days.
Roll a d6: (all are Major Hindrances)
  1. One Leg
  2. Blind (no bonus edge)
  3. Elderly
  4. Hard of Hearing
  5. One Arm
  6. One Eye

►► 6-9: Roll on the Crazie PSYCHE DEGRADATION table below: You do not actually have this issue, but your Character thinks they do. This placebo (fake) Major Hindrance lasts for as many days as your Spirit Attribute. So you have a d8 Spirit, it lasts 8 days.
Roll a d6:
  1. Bloodthirsty: “Bathing in the blood of my enemies” has the potential to become a disturbing reality for a Crazy with this Hindrance. Her friends may need to keep her on a tight leash in some cases. Re-roll if the character already has this Hindrance.
  2. Delusional (Major): This can be fun and wacky, but it can also lead to some very dire circumstances with tragic results. Crazies may suffer from more than one delusion.
  3. Mania (Major): A fairly full catalog of potential psychological or emotional issues can emanate from this result, which the Crazy may get multiple times over the course of her career. Mania is explained in the New Hindrances section (see page 66).
  4. Monologuer: Snappy patter or constant raving can sometimes take a Crazy’s mind completely over for a moment, stopping her from accomplishing anything else. Re-roll if the character already has this Hindrance. Monologuer is explained in the New Hindrances section (see page 66).
  5. Overconfident: A Crazy with this Hindrance makes adrenaline junkies look positively sedate. Re-roll if the character already has this Hindrance.
  6. Phobia (Major): Fearless in most circumstances, a Crazy can have one or more things that absolutely terrify her beyond any rational understanding.

►► 10-19: Mental Backlash: from the Entity's exploding death causes you to drop into a coma like state for 1d4 hours. He wakes up Exhausted. The hero is Exhausted with Mental Fatigue, and it takes 1d4 days of rest and medical care to get rid of each Fatigue level.

►► 20: What Happened?: Somehow, you just blink......fall over, black out and wake up right away. He is, however, forever changed in some significant way— his hair turns white and he has no memory of the last year; he has prophetic dreams once in a while; he sees (and talks to) things no one can see; etc. This is something for the player and the GM to work out.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
1d4/2 = 1 (2)

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:54 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote


NPC POST - Rip

Rip topples over from the blast of Spirit chunks splattering outward. He lays in the freezing snow in a coma for an hour. Only Alecto can save him now.

1d20 (13)

►► 10-19: Mental Backlash: from the Entity's exploding death causes you to drop into a coma like state for 1d4 hours. He wakes up Exhausted. The hero is Exhausted with Mental Fatigue, and it takes 1d4 days of rest and medical care to get rid of each Fatigue level.

Hours in coma 1d4 (1)

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:59 am
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Spent Patron Auto-Ace on Spirit Damage Roll (Spirit -6 (not -4))
Spirit: 1d4 (1)Additional -2
Wild: 1d6+2 = 3 (1)Additional -2
Re-roll: 1d6 (1)-2
Spirit Re-roll 1d4-4 = -3 (1)
Second Bennie for Re-roll: 1d4-4 = -3 (1)
Wild: 1d6 (5)
Result: 5 - Success. -2 to All Trait Rolls for 2 Days.

To Determine What it Was, and if anything from them are valuable
Knowledge - Arcana: 1d12 (7)
Wild: 1d6 (4)


"Uhhh...What was the number on that truck? If that is what one of those hits like when it dies, I am glad that I did not get hit by it when it was alive. S**t! We have to get the rest of them inside the vehicles and get one started up. I'll grab Thrudh (Assuming he does not make the roll), and get the bigger one started. You bring in the rest."

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Last edited by Hans Greuber on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:01 am, edited 7 times in total.



Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
1d8-6 = -4 (2)

1d20 (17)

Every fricking time

_________________
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82


Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
Alecto was aware only of a cataclysmic drop in temperature, which she was forced to compensate for by draining her power supply faster than usual. She'd need recharging sooner than usual, but it let her continue functioning long enough to deliver what appeared to be a deathblow to the monster.

She had no soul, no living matter. The psychic howls of hate, the invisible claws grasping at her...they found as much purchase as they might have in a stone. Not so the others. Oblivious to everything but the physical remains that coalesced out of thin air and crystallized over her, Alecto turned around at the cries of pain from her allies, rather befuddled.

The dwarf technomancer managed to stay conscious somehow, clinging by sheer stubbornness and unearthly luck to his sanity. His suggestions matched her own projections of favorable outcomes, given the circumstances.

She wiped remnants of the creature off of her hands and face, and with some haste began scooping up fallen members of the Black Company to take to the nearby truck, pile in the cabin, and warm when she started the machine up.

While she was at it, she checked the console of the truck to see if it had any kind of energy port or adapter she might plug into while they waited for the train to arrive.

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:06 am
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Miraculous Spirit Roll
1d6-6 = 0 (6)

Ace spirit
1d6 (1)

Benny for extra effort
1d6 (1)

Wild die
1d6-6 = -5 (1)


Not Miraculous Enough - d20 roll
1d20 (15)

Coma
1d4 (4)


Thrudh's heart leaps at the apparent death of the creature...but only for an instant. In the next moment, the world goes completely black. His mind wanders the far corners of sanity and reality, and he is left with the urge to light a cigar he cannot find using a lighter that has no spark. But he continues searching his subconscious mind for several hours, just to make sure. Somewhere, out of the deep dark, strange music begins to echo in his head. Subconscious Tune

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Spirit: 1d6 (4)
-6= -2
Failure Roll: 1d20 (1)

Kasey is riding high in the air trying point out the iron ore buckets. The wind is buffeting her but her biowizard jeckpack handles the storm like a pro. She cheers for Alecto's heroic one two fist combo. " H-Hell yeah A-Alecto!". Damn is it getting colder? Ok Kasey if Alecto doesn't take it out it is time for some action.... That's when the soul death hits her. A wave of mental and spiritual energy slams into her. Her last moment of consciousness and life are filled with the thought, Not this free Bird...
Kasey's jet pack sputters out of control and she swirls around like a rag doll. She finally plumets the 50 ft to the ground impaling on an inconvenient iron spike. Her body is contorted in a frozen death grip of her rifle, and her face is buried in the snow frozen and lifeless.

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote

AFTERMATH OF SPIRIT EXPLOSION
GM Post
Hans & Alecto alive and alert. Gargamel, Rip and Thrudh in a short term coma. Kasey frozen dead and taken inside truck out of decency. The six are all in the same truck.



Those unaffected by unconsciousness move everyone else into the two massive snow trucks; get the vehicles turned on using the simple on button to start the large engines. The heat dial on the dash is equally easy to figure out. The Players are kept warm inside the large trucks.

Another boon to being inside the rapidly warming up cab was there were a half dozen power plug ins on the dash. One of which definitely would allow Alecto to jack in and power up. (This plug will fully power Alecto in 30 minutes).

Around thirty minutes later, fully powered up Alecto and those awake see (NPC: Rip still in coma for 30 more minutes) the slow moving Snow Train arriving. Disembarking from the train are 4 mercenary looking guards. Heavy weapons and armor on them, they look over at the destroyed house, then at the rumbling trucks. Talking among themselves, pointing out at the trucks, they head towards the trucks.

As workers disembark from the train, they are bundled up in heavy snow clothing and they start placing crates by the portal. They work fast and after a few minutes will return to the safe warm interior of the train.

Weapons at a low ready, the guards trudge through heavy snow towards the trucks. Three are warrior types, the fourth is a mage warrior looking woman. Her black robes flutter in the strong wind and reveals her jet black armor on under. Unlike the other guards her weapon looks to be a staff, not rifle. By the time the four of them are near the trucks they are covered in frozen white snow. Stopping about 100 feet away from the trucks the woman looks at the trucks and does the universal "what the hell" with her arms and shoulders. She seems to be asking you, what’s up? Spreading out in a semi-circle facing the trucks they wait. The female plants her staff into the ground and lets go of it. She wipes her hand across her visor looking up at the crew area of the truck. "Blinking out of existence" she "teleports" to the top of the truck, adjacent to the door to the crew/driver area. She has left her staff behind. Tapping her knuckles against the door she waits for the door to open. The radio inside the truck crackles and you hear a female voice.

"What up mother bizzitches? I recognize Rip so I am assuming you are all Portal Jumpers working for Rene. Any deaths? You tangled with a Soul Viper I see. Nasty things. New and nasty. It seems the recent vein opened at site two has unleashed these things. Cold Iron. No idea why, but it slays them like hella yo."

Her voice is odd, but English, spoken through her helmet. Pulling out a large revolver she spins open the cylinder and pulls out a bullet.

"Cold Iron tipped. Works wonders yea. If you need medical attention its like best to get these trucks rolling to site one. We can get you help there. Trucks are faster than the snow train. By far. Oh, an' I'm Mags Mikkelsen, Amarok IV Gate Warden and Security Agent."

Returning the bullet to pistol she holsters the large hand gun.

Mags, dressed in full environmental armor and cloak turned white by snow, waits for you to respond.



NE 45
Mags gun (OOC info):

It's cool. Just sharing OOC.
Image

NE-45 "Heavy Magnum" Cartridge Revolver
Range: 10/20/40
Damage: 3d8
ROF: 1
AP: 4
Shots: 6
Weight: 7 lbs.
Cost: 19,000 for the gun, each round is 60 credits to buy, but ultra rare, rounds can be made using spent casings for 90-100 credits each.
Notes: Mega-Damage, bullet, Min Str: d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
As the team awaits the arrival of the train, Alecto calls up her recording...her memory...of the moments immediately after the destruction of the creature. Recharging by default placed her in a low-energy consumption state though that could be overridden. It wasn't exactly sleep, but it wasn't exactly not sleep either. In that state she had time to review recent experiences and conduct lengthier analyses than she might have had a chance for in the moment.

Cries from the others, matching the attributes she had learned to associate with pain. She'd turned to look at them, to assess any new threats...but there was no obvious source of their distress. Hans remained conscious, though clearly suffered some kind of impairment. He barked out an order, and while she noted he was not above her in the chain of command, it was more important to begin assisting the soldiers of the Black Company than it was to correct him.

And then Kasey fell. Alecto heard the rockets on her jetpack fail, but as she'd lost control she'd pitched forward. The last of her thrust had jetted her away. Alecto broke into a sprint to try to intercept, but simply wasn't fast enough. On reaching her she'd called Hans over for help...her programming did not carry techniques to save lives, only to take them. In the end it didn't matter. Kasey had died nearly immediately after her heart was pierced. Even Hans could do nothing to change that.


On review, Alecto flagged several moments for further study. The first being the moment she saw the others falling unconscious. Kasey being in the air had not sorted to the top of her adjusted priority table. Instead she had attempted to determine the cause of the phenomenon for several fruitless, critical seconds. Would she have been able to save Kasey though? She had no ability to fly, nor was she any faster than a normal human on her feet.

Modeling the moment according to the parameters in her memory strongly implied the improbability of a successful intervention even in the most favorable of circumstances. Even so, she would see about adjusting the emergency priority sorting algorithms. Accounting for immediate personal danger of protected targets should take priority over determining cause of danger. It might not have saved Kasey, but it could very well save someone else.

Proximity.

Alecto opened her eyes and disconnected from the truck's power coupling as the men and woman from the train approached. When accosted over the radio, she isolated and matched the frequency and replied:

"I am Alecto, with the Black Company. We are working with Rene. There has been one death, and all but two of our company are incapacitated: cause unknown. They show no sign of injury. Please send directions to 'site one,' and we will seek medical assistance there."

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 (1)
Wild: 1d6 (3)


"A Soul Viper, eh? 'Satisfaction' here gave it a rough day. Any special bounty for bagging one?", giving Satisfaction a pat, "But as my teammate said, we lost a member, after it was killed to the "Soul Death", and the other three all passed out to it. We want to bring her back to a camp to send her off with proper honours for a warrior. I also saw a body frozen in the river over there. Is it one of yours?"

"Alecto, I'd like to apologize for being abrupt. I was worried the truck would not start immediately and that Thrudh in particular would suffer from the exposure to the cold. I thought I would be the better one to coax it to life if needed."

"Name is Hans, by the way. We are sent by Rene to help with security here. So there are Soul Vipers and Ice Draogens around here. Anything else to keep a look out for in particular? If so, tell me on the drive to Site One. Best to get a professional to look at these three. Grackles like my buddy here aren't the best with the cold, so better get the Docs to look him over well in case we did not warm him up fast enough. What is the main thing you guys mine here? I grew up around mines and I have learned a couple things that may help out."

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
He watched as his blast passed through the creature. Great he thought, they only constructed this out of weak materials. Remind me to complain to the management. He slung his rifle on his back and pulled out his swords. Time to get up close and perso… Alecto what are you doing? He thought as the android plunged her hands into the creature. The resultant wave of psychic energy struck at him overwhelming him.

Every fricking time he thought as consciousness abandoned him.

_________________
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82


Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:46 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Mags looks at Alecto, her face hidden by a helmet, she tilts it some, like one who is curious. Mags listens to Alecto's comments and starts to raise her hand in a gesture then stops as Hans pips up. Lowering her hand she listens to the Dwarf.

Mags translator, via her helmet, states:

"I see. Well, we are both ... all employed by Rene. Like I say yo I know Rip. So ... Since you have teammates in medical crisis yo I guess my team an I best split and I show you the way to med bay. Push the red button twice on the console there. We'll be wan'n to go go to site one, not two."

Touching the console shows a picture of a mining base.

"That's site two, Soul vipers galore there, push it again."

The next picture to pop up on the screen is of site one.

"That iz teh place yo. Closest and with med bay ... and yo know not got Soul Vipers all over it eh."

Mags brushes snow off her visor and says, "I best tell teh Sec boys down below waz up yo and that way they can protect teh convoy eh and I ... can like show ya ta site one eh."

Nodding she disappears off the truck and is back down by her staff below. Apparently giving directions to the Security below she slowly trudges through the snow back up to the truck, up the stairs and to the door where she spoke to you all before.

"Ya opening up or ... wa?"

Mags waits for you to open the door.

If Alecto and Hans are alright with it Mags will offer to drive the truck to site one. She suggests they hurry because she has little knowledge of how the come like friends are going to fair, the Soul Vipers are new to her.

Powering up the truck Mags will turn it around and drive it towards site one.

OOC Comments
RP freely Alecto / Hans with Mags on the drive. I will have a post up soon of the arrival at site one. I broke my long post down into chunks that are smaller....this is chunk one.

In Truck:

Hans
Alecto
Mags

Thrudh, Rip, Gargamel = coma state still
Dead Kasey = dead body

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
"Come on in. I will be wanting to talk to the Doctors at Site One and see if there may be a way for me to protect us from the psychic death screams from those Soul Vipers. Lets get the guy out of the frozen river before we go, if it can be done quickly. Either he is one of yours, a previous guard, or an intruder. Any of those reasons is enough to get him out... if not now then when we are done at Site One."

OOC Comments
To figure out if he can use a Gadget of some sort with the proper trapping to protect from the Psychic Death Scream
Knowledge: Arcana - 1d12 (1)
Wild: 1d6 (2)
Result: 2 - Fail (Unless the conversation takes place 2+ days after the battle, then a 4 for a base success)

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
Alecto scoots out of the operator's seat to let Mags take the control. She finds a spot behind the seat to squeeze in.

"I disagree with Hans. We don't know what kind of danger our squad is in. Seeking immediate medical assistance is the only way to mitigate that risk. Also, conditions outside are too dangerous to attempt recovering the frozen body. We can return after the storm passes with cutting equipment and personnel with relevant skills."

She then added as an afterthought, "If such equipment and personnel are available."

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote

The Drive to Site One


    The massive snow truck rattles along plowing through tall mounds of snow. The front wipers on the large front vehicle windows swish back and forth rapidly due to the ever falling heavy wet snow. Outside passes by at a good speed, for the amount of snow outside and the tough terrain the truck is likely at 60 to 70 mph. Outside looks cold. Damned cold. In the passenger area of the snow truck Mags has the temperature set at about 72 degrees Fahrenheit.

    Cresting a hill the snow truck suddenly slows down. After hours of boredom everyone looks out the front window. A large circular building can be seen in the distance.

    ”There she is. Site One.”

    Mags looks back at you and smiles, looking at each of you in turn checking on you. Dead Kasey lies on an emergency bed on one wall. Gargamel, Rip, Hans, Alecto and Thrudh are all awake now. In various states of unpleasantly, but. Not dead. With the temperature down to bearable Mags removed her helmet. She is human like. Not human, but very close, her eyes are just off a little, the bridge of her nose jagged and rough. She does still continue to use her magic translator when talking to you.

    ”Almost there. ”

    Turning to look back forward again, Mags drives down the hill towards the base. Making her way across a large frozen lake and then more tough ground covered by snow she finally pulls the snow truck, a massive vehicle, which looks dwarfed next to the support leg that it just stopped adjacent to, right up next to one of the twelve support legs of the base.

    Mags moves to the door of the truck. She waits for everyone to put their helmets back on, dress in the furs they have, gloves on excreta. After everyone is bundled up tight she opens the door. Fidget snow and howling wind screams into the cab.

    Stepping out onto the walk area on the truck Mags pushes a button. A doorway in the support leg opens and a walkway extends over to the truck. Mags points, ”Go.” After making sure everyone including dead Kasey makes it into the support leg Mags follows.

    The support leg has an elevator built into it. More button mashing and you all rise up in the elevator.

    At the top the elevator doors open up. Six armed guards in heavy, dark grey, full EBA armor with blasters meet you. They look fierce, but their guns are pointed down, not at you. Mags directs them to escort you all to Sick Bay.

    ”Take some time. Let the Doctor check you out. Make sure you are okay. Don’t freak out or anything, he is a good fellow. He used to work in a transdimensional market on a world called Earth, city of Atlantis. He’s a brilliant Cyber Doc. Some people think Kittani are just monkeys, but they are not. They kinda look like a gorilla but they are smart! Doc H’tall will take care of ya. I’m sorry about your friend, Kasey? Kasey. After you are checked out, I’ll meet you in the mess hall, food will help you too.”

    Mags removed her heavy cloak and armor while talking. She is a very tall humanlike woman, built for war and fighting obviously, and her long black hair had woven blades in it. A warrior woman. Turning she walks away from you off to the right.

    The guards point left.


(((Time Lapse)))

    The next week is spent recuperating and feeling better. Doc H’tall, the Kitanni Field Medic is a blessed surgeon, medic and as it turns out chess player. Games to pass the time are his prescription, will help with keeping the mind health too he says.

    H’tall gives you some personal history. He grew up in Atlantis. He was a Tech Officer who worked on machines all day and night. Dimensional Raiders struck the garage he worked in and stole several vehicles. He was in one. Climbing out of the vehicle he found himself in a D-Raider base. He proved himself a worthy member of their group and raided with them. Years later he was hired by Rene to work here on Amarock IV. He always wanted to work on living beings instead of machines so he learned to be a medical surgeon.

    Mags spends meals with you all. In the mess hall. She seems open and friendly, especially since you all work for Rene. Mags is a slave race of warrior woman to the Sploogies, she hates they. At some point she fell in with a bunch of D-Raiders, not the same batch as H’tall. Mags studied magic and war all her life, working here on Amarok IV is a cheese assignment to her. The cold does not bother her. Much.

    Mags tells you that the other base, Site Two, had a massive explosion go off while digging. It had to be sabotage. The explosion shut down operations. In addition it opened a large vein previously unburied. The Soul Vipers were released, hundreds of them. This happened about two months ago now. The majority of Site Two was killed by the spirit creatures; it was actually H’tall who devised the knowledge of how to kill the beasts. Apparently he has had previous encounters with spirit beings. Mags explains again that only Cold Iron can kill the beasts, thus her NE-45 with CE bullets.

    Mags knows that last time new Portal Jumpers arrived, several were new guys. Maybe the guys you are looking for. Rip tells her that you are all looking for the BAMF guys, he and Mags are – acquaintances, worked together before. Both D-Raiders at heart they get along well. Mags tells you that when the spirit creatures came they, the pervious group of Portal Jumpers, chased one into a ravine. At lunch one day Mags plays a recorded Radio Message for you:

    ”Base! This is PJ Six, we have the creature cornered. We are going to finish it off then…what! Fuc…it’s Volt! Da..” The transmission ends.

    Mags says she and other Security personnel went to help them of course but all she found was torn up, cut up, bloody parts of the men … the BAMF men.

    Mags will ask you if Volt, means something to you all? Telling her that he is a undead juicer will make her frown and shake her head.


(((Time Lapse)))

    Games with H’tall, conversations with Mags, resting, staying warm, and eating helps you all recover. Several days after listening to the radio broadcast about Volt, Mags comes to visit you guys in med bay, not something she has done before.

    She looks unhappy.

    ”Sometime during the night someone stole the snow truck. It wasn’t any of my crew here at Site One. An’ I’m not say’n it was you all. We need that truck to safely get back to the Gate. The other thing is I can see it on my computer; I can track its location. It’s about two miles due north of here. A note was left too. Plain as day, tossed in the elevator for us to find.”


    Mags holds up the note. It reads:

    I saw them, send them to me or I will not return your big truck and you will all be stuck in the base. Help won’t come because if they don’t face me, for killing my friend in the SAMAS and messing with Geist’s plans for the cannon, then I will just destroy the Gate. You will all be stuck here then. – Sgt. Volt 2nd SET

    Mags hands Thrudh the letter. She offers to send four Security men with you if you wish. She, you all, need that truck back. She also hands over a small electronic notepad which can take notes and be used to track the truck’s location.

    Turning Mags calls over her shoulder that if you swing by the armory before you go her agent there will issue you all a NE-45 like hers. She does not have much else in the way of weapons to offer. She will say at least the weather is pretty mild right now, and hopes it stays that way because you have two options of travel as far as she sees, walk or cross country skies.

    After you are issued a NE-45 Naruni pistol Mags can see you out via the exit/elevator. You can ask her anything else you might wish then before you leave to get the truck back. Four Security guys will meet you in the elevator. (Stats to follow)


(((Time Lapse)))

    After Mags leaves you with the letter, news of the stolen truck and an offer to go get a gun from the armory, she leaves you in Sick Bay, just the four of you; Doc H’tall is out at the mess hall right now.

    Silence falls across the med bay. Each in their own thoughts, suddenly:

    As you stand there, Gargemal, Thrudh, Hans and Alecto you hear a pounding noise coming from the adjacent room that is connected to the room you are in. Looking over at the door that is being pounded on you see that it’s the freezer. It locks on this side and the door is opened by a button on this side. You recall that this is the room that a few dead bodies, including dead Kasey were left in. The dead freezer.

    The pounding continues…

    What do you do?




NE 45
Naruni Pistol stats:

FULL STATS HERE: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=306&start=600#p16808

Image

NE-45 "Heavy Magnum" Cartridge Revolver
Range: 10/20/40
Damage: 3d8
ROF: 1
AP: 4
Shots: 6
Rounds total: 6 in gun plus 30
Weight: 7 lbs.
Cost: 19,000 for the gun, each round is 60 credits to buy, but ultra rare, rounds can be made using spent casings for 90-100 credits each.
Notes: Mega-Damage, CI bullets, Min Str: d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver
GM Notes
Starting out here in med bay looking at the dead freezer door. You all have recovered completely. Full PP and Health. No issues at all from the Spirit Damage anymore. Remember PP Recovery is at 1/3 the normal amount on Amarok IV.

Kasey died.....Will get Jon back in the game asap! I'll send you a message asap Jon.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:56 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Thrudh reacts poorly to discovering Kasey dead. Poor girl ain't even got started with us an' went the way a' the Tic. Didn't even get ta break out my special Koo-ban cigar ta try.
"Rotten cold, rotten nasty bugs killed the poor girl. Scrag." He can't even muster the strength on the conscious portion of his truck ride to find a cigar. He just lays there, uncharacteristically dejected. "Another name fer us ta clear."

--- TIME LAPSE ---

Thrudh convalesces like a professional, although his stash of cigars wasn't prepared for a lengthy stay. His consumption cuts down to one a day, his meager attempt at rationing. "Gotta make 'em last." he replies to anyone who asks about his slowed appetite. He drags shallower, savors longer, and stretches them as far as they'll go. In the middle of a chess game versus the Kittani doctor, he finally breaks down.
"Doc...I...uh...y'ain't got cigars on this fersaken ice cube, do ya? I'm down ta my last one. I ain't gonna make it if I can't refill."

Doc states, "My good lad. I understand ya need. I'm afraid there is little tobacco on this world."

At the discovery of the radio transmission, Thrudh's head meets his hand. "These 2nd SET bastitches are everywhere. I wanna choke the dead outta every last one a' 'em."

--- TIME LAPSE ---

Thrudh eats his fill at every meal, and every so often, if you're sneaky, you catch him exercising, but never in public. He's caught once doing pushups. His excuse? "Naw, I...uh, I fell. Tripped over my own tail. Don't know what got inta me. Thing wrapped right around m'leg. Mind a' its own, I tell ya."

Doc just raises an eyebrow, "Mmmmm."

--- LAST LAPSE ---

As Mags walks into the med bay and shares her revelation, Thrudh snorts. "Well, that 'bout does it. I had enough a' this iceberg. I ain't stayin' 'round ta freeze my tail off. Dead here or dead there ain't any better, 'cause it's still dead. Let's give this nasty dead runt what he's beggin' fer. But I'll be tail clipped if I'm stayin' on this icicle fer the rest a' m'life. Y'all got any cold iron bits in yer armory layin' 'round? I've got plans fer them spirit bugs."
Thrudh sets about gathering his gear for this trip through the snow...then the pounding stars. Thrudh almost jumps out of his skin. "Scrag! The hell is that?!"

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Gargamel spent his time recovering his strength and becoming part of the guard rota. He was asleep when the truck was stolen unfortunately. Typical it was the 2nd SET. Time for a reckoning with those scum.

While on patrols with the base guards Gargamel learns their names and faces, they are a good lot, mercenaries for sure, but good blokes. Mags offered to let four go with the Black Company to fight Volt, any of they would be good to have along.

Final lapse

He looked at the door where the pounding was coming from.

_________________
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82


Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Spending Hans's "Revelations" Adventure Card


"Doc, when you have some time, I have an idea that just might work to help protect people from the Psychic Death Screams. It won't be perfect, but it may blunt some of the trauma."

Hans spends the next week working on converting and upgrading Satisfaction and a Cold Iron Grenade. After he finishes those, he works at making a Psychic Trauma Destructive Harmonic Neutralizer (A protective Device from the Psychic Death Scream) for everyone that he can, but with the members of the Black Company getting priority.

"Mags, if you want the design plans or a few more of these devices to help protect your people from the death screams of those Soul Vipers, we can talk. Undead Juicers... I wonder if he is a Murder Wraith. Those are a type of Undead Juicer, and man are they nasty. Good thing I have a Photonic Weapon Inducer ready."

Both Doc H'tall and Mags are interested in the design, Mags for combat reasons, Doc is a mechanic turned medic after all.

The next few days Hans spends working with Thrudh on making some Improvised Cold Iron Explosives as well as Cold Iron pieces that can be add to people's armor as a Soul Viper deterrent and a few more Psychic Trauma Destructive Harmonic Neutralizers for Mags and her people. Once they get the letter from Volt, Hans starts muttering under his breath.

"Now remember, everyone, Thrudh and I can reload those cartridges. Remember to pick up and keep the used ones. I will be picking up mine ASAP. Mags, consider these H-2 Psychic Trauma Destructive Harmonic Neutralizers as payment for all four of those guns and the ammo."

Mags nods and leaves, saying via her translator, "Collect the cartridges sure, for reloads but don't get so busy picking them up you are not paying attention to the fight you are in at the time. Good luck."

Once Hans hears the pounding happening from inside the Meat Locker, Hans draws Satisfaction, backs up from and aims at the door. Note the H-1 Dwarven Technosmith Armor has been worn and charged ever since he recovered all of his PPE.

"Bloody Necromancers. I hate bloody Necromancers. What is the plan. Should I phase out and look inside, or does someone else have a better idea?"

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
Alecto glances at Hans, looks around at the rest of the Company...all of them ready to act...and draws her vibrosword. She goes up to the door waits for a second so everyone can process what she's about to do...

...and opens it.


Frigid cold air spills out of the now open door, chilling the med bay room you are in.

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:42 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Thrudh tightens his grip on his CV-212, his tail wrapped around the new revolver. "Bring it, ya ugly so an' so!"

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
COMBAT ROUND 1

Image

After Alecto opens the door, super cold air waifs out of the "dead freezer" chilling the med bay the four of you are in.

Initiative

Something in the Freezer * 1d54 = (25) King of Hearts

Thrudh (Quick Edge) 1d54 = (11) Queen of Spades
Alecto 1d54 = (21) Nine of Hearts
Hans 1d54 = (46) Eight of Diamonds
Gargamel (Quick Edge) 1d54 = (33) Eight of Clubs

Based on the following card numbering
1 2S
2 3S
3 4S
4 5S
5 6S
6 7S
7 8S
8 9S
9 10S
10 JS
11 QS
12 KS
13 AS
14 2H
15 3H
16 4H
17 5H
18 6H
19 7H
20 8H
21 9H
22 10H
23 JH
24 QH
25 KH
26 AH
27 2C
28 3C
29 4C
30 5C
31 6C
32 7C
33 8C
34 9C
35 10C
36 JC
37 QC
38 KC
39 AC
40 2D
41 3D
42 4D
43 5D
44 6D
45 7D
46 8D
47 9D
48 10D
49 JD
50 QD
51 KD
52 AD
53 Red Joker
54 Black Joker

*
GM Note
The Something in the Freezer Post coming....

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Kasey comes tumbling out of the meat locker. She is shivering from the cold and half naked. Her skin is frozen white, like the driven snow. She has one arm wrapped around her chest trying to keep her warm. Only one arm because where her other one is no longer there. Only a scarred stump remains. A black Coker adorns and draps over her neck. Somehow it writhes in rhythmic time with her heart beat.

Her teeth chattering she looks up at Alecto with woozy unfocused eyes, " That white Victorian fracker took my arm, and beat me within an inch of my life. Don't touch the choker... Don't kill me... I. Must kill him." . Kasey's head slumps against Alecto's leg and she passes out.

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:19 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Thrudh jumps back and nearly unloads on Kasey's not-corpse. At the top of his lungs, he yells "WHAT THE ACTUAL RAW JIGGY BLAZING RIFTED HELL?!" Blinking rapidly, then shaking himself free of the confusion, he runs to a bed and finds as much bedding and insulation as he can, and then rushes to Kasey, wrapping her in all of it. "What the absolute scrag is goin' on?! Thought they said yewer dead! Doc! DOC! DAHK!"

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Kasey's eyes flutter open at Thrud's care. She reaches up plucking the ever present cigar from his mouth with her only arm left. She takes a long drag on it.
Content she says, " Fraks sake, they do not have these on the other side. I saw in color for the first time...". She blows out a billow of smoke and breathes deep. " But dammit if this cigar don't beat all."
Despite getting all warm and cozy her normal skin pallor does not return and she remains pale white.
She tilts her head listening quietly " While I was getting beaten by a deal making white Victorian fracker, did you guys find out what the score is out here? Anyone needing heroics?" . Kasey laughs and hands the cigar back to Thrudh, " Thanks Thrudh... Where is Hans and did he sell all my gear?". Kasey chuckles again, and then stops, " If my gear is still arround any way Hans ole buddy, you can install a fracking heater?"

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Rolls carried

Gargamel stood ready, pistol and sword out as they opened the fridge to reveal ... Kasey. WTF he thought. You were definitely dead.

OOC Comments
knowledge arcane 1d6 (5)


"What do you mean White Victorian fracker?" Gargamel asked suspiciously. And how would you be able to tell them being blind and all His weapons stayed ready just in case he didn't like the answers. People don't just come back from the dead on their own. Well generally they didn't.

_________________
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82


Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
Alecto backed away a little to give Kasey space to emerge. She lowered her sword, but did not put it away.

Watching Kasey closely, she said, "There is a significantly higher probability that this is not Kasey as we knew her than that she is."

"I know of several possible ways a dead body can return to a simulation of life, and can even act as it did while alive. I infer indirectly that there are additional methods for this to happen that I do not know of. However, beyond anecdotal evidence from unreliable sources, I have no information suggesting that someone can fully return to life once all activity in the brain and body ceases."

"I therefore advise caution. Something could be attempting to exploit wishful thinking on our parts."

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Kasey gives Alecto a wry smile, " Wishful thinking heh?". Not bad Alecto, I knew I liked you.
Kasey quickly draws her self close to Gargamel or at least as close as he would allow without killing her.
"There is no doubt about it, I was dead. But I did not go to some fru-fru land of rainbows and chocolate...
. Kasey's voice drops to a low whisper. " No... nothing but horror awaits after this life. A path that leads to a house, and in this house a white fracker gives a choice... Die or do him a favor." Kasey holds her stump uncomfortably " I went for the 3rd option, and tried to take him out... But he just ripped my arm off. I knew then I had to come back and find the person he wanted me to kill, his twisted favor." Kasey steps back and bites her lip in fierce determination, " So yes I screamed his name, and begged that fracker to restore my life, but not to take the other, but so that I could gather my strength and possible allies. Return back to his realm and kill the Victorian Albino Volic." Kasey touches her black choker and it pulsates with the rhythm of her heart. She smiles at Alecto, " How is that for new data?"

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
The android tilts her head slightly, then says, "It fits the criteria for 'anecdotal evidence from an unreliable source.' But the name Volic is something we can follow up on."

"Who is your target?"

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:31 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
OOC Comments
Knowledge (Arcana) for information on the "Victorian Albino Volic"
Knowledge: 1d12-4 = -3 (1)
Wild: 1d6-4 = 1 (5)


I don't know anything about this "Victorian Albino Volic", but that collar is made of Blood Steel. Blood Steel means Blood Magic. Blood Magic is usually done by POWERFUL Demons. Blood magic could easily put someone back on their feet as living. What have you gotten yourself into, Kasey? Don't ANYONE touch the collar. If you do, it will kill both you AND Kasey. I MIGHT get lucky and be able to remove the collar and not kill the two of us, but I wouldn't put it past the sort that uses Blood Magic to put a Tattler on it that would alert them of its removal. As for her seeing the guy's colour, it was her spirit and not her body. Her body was in the freezer. The damage to her Spirit carried over to her body because of the Blood Magic. We keep an eye on her for any unusual symptoms of her experience... including Possession. Sorry, Kasey. Knowing the little I do about Blood Magic, I can't fully trust it... and by extension you."

"As for your helmet, with some time and credits for parts, I can convert it into a Techno-Wizard suit of armor. It would have lots of additional features too if I spend more time and money on it. It would still be environmental and protect you even without the helmet. Unfortunately, we don't have the parts here. Best I could do here is take a spare helmet I saw earlier in their armory and modify it so it will seal with your armor. Just a field expedient repair. It won't look pretty, but it would do the job."

"One more thing... when we kill Volt, BURN his corpse. If "Victorian Albino Volic" raised Kasey, he might do the same to Volt. The easiest way to make this harder if not impossible would be to burn his corpse. Burn it to ashes. Then BURN it some more. Eventually, it would just be easier for Volt to just choose a different person to raise. I would rather not have to kill and re-kill him again and again."

"Remember, the Psychic Trauma Destructive Harmonic Neutralizers won't fully protect you from the Psychic Death Screams, but they are better than what we had coming in."


OOC Comments
Psychic Trauma Destructive Harmonic Neutralizers
  • Upgrade to Armor.
  • Gives a +4 to Saves vs. Spirit Damage (Makes the Psychic Death Scream of a Soul Vipers a -2 instead of -6)

With that, Hans goes to the Armory and grabs the NE-45 and ammunition he was promised. He gives it a quick lookover to make sure it was stored away properly and can be depended upon.

"When you are ready, we can go. If another storm starts up, I can make something to give us some time to find shelter. Unless they have another vehicle Thrudh and I can look at to see if we can make it serviceable, looks like we are walking. Depending on the conditions, the 2 mile walk up there could take us up to half a day or so. Be prepared."

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Can't trust me? Didn't I just ask for help dealing with Volic?
Kasey looks up at Hans a bit shocked," Can't trust me? If I took the attitude of not trusting based on what I don't know I would not be here on this fraking rock, nor joined the black company. Sometimes you just have to have faith. She gets her gear ready and suited up.
" Look I get it. Coming back is frightening. How do you think I feel? Someone named Volt needs to be taken down? Lets do it. Forget the helmet Hans, I'll deal with the cold."

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 234
Reply with quote
"Hans. Would touching the collar harm me? If not, I could remove it from her as a contingency, should she prove to be other than she seems."

Alecto doesn't reply to the assertion that faith is required. She has no answer to give on that matter.

_________________
Bennies: 3/4 Red Bennies: 0
Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.

Toughness: 20 (8 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)


Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Kasey shakes her head, " I do not know who the target is... It is someone I have never met. But more importantly it is someone who is against Volic.". Kasey clutches th choker reflexively with her arm, " Even if you can take this off, don't. I can use it to get back to the fracker. Who knows why it is on me, but I know I can use it when the moment is right to take the fight to his Albino ass."

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:51 pm
Profile
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Posts: 244
Reply with quote
"Kasey, I trust you. I just don't trust Blood Magic and Demons. Until I or someone else can REALLY study that collar, we won't know if Volic may be able to override your control of your own body. As for the helmet, it would be just a temporary fix until I can do my thing and allow you to be protected while wearing no helmet whatsoever. Alecto, It may or may not harm you, but removing it would KILL Kasey. Leave the collar alone."

_________________
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 30 / 30
Active Powers:
None
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 2/6
Created Gadgets:
  • Quantum Resonance Translocator (Teleport) - 20 PPE
  • Biological Integrity Re-Integrator (Healing) - 15 PPE
  • Photonic Weapon Inducer (Smite - Light (Sunlight)) - 15 PPE
  • Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait) - 16 PPE

Adventure Cards
  • Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
  • Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
  • Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
  • 4 PPE per Hour to Charge
  • Strength d12+2

Weapon: "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
  • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
  • Shots: 40/40
  • RoF: 1
  • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
  • +2 to Shooting

Bennies: 0

Toughness: 19 (11) / 12 (5); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=380


Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:01 pm
Profile
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am
Posts: 195
Reply with quote
Thrudh blinks as Kasey grabs the cigar from his mouth. "Well, scrag. That was my last cigar. Eh, you keep it. You been dead awhile. I imagine ya need it more'n I do."
As Hans starts talking about blood magic and the collar, Thrudh backs off a bit. "Hey, yer not after us or somethin', right, Kasey? Can't nothin' be easy? One time? Scrag. Well, I guess if y'are, we're gonna find out sooner'r later. Might as well get it done. Aright, Black Company. Let's teach ol' Volt a little somethin' 'bout how we operate." Thrudh stands up, helps Kasey up, and proceeds to gear up.
"Let's get home."

_________________
Thrudh Zebrem character sheet
Thrudh
Bennies: 0 (+2 from jokers, +1 from end of adventure, -2 for 2 extra effort attacks, -1 soak, -1 extra effort attack, -1 soak, -1 reroll damage, +1 from Lars, +1 rip on Rip, -1 extra effort throwing, -1 failed extra effort spirit roll)
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
    Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
      Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
      Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: CV-212 VLF Laser Rifle
    Range 30/60/120
    Damage: 3d6+2 (MD with 10 shot usage) AP 2
    ROF 3, shots 30
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
    Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
    Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Adventure card: Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round. IN EFFECT
Mountaineer Mk. 2
    Light Railgun
      Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
    Mini Missile Launcher
      Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
    Medium Laser
      Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1


Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote
Image

A view of Site 1 before the Snow Truck went missing.

More soon. Thanks.

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Posts: 101
Reply with quote
Rolls carried...

Gargamel did not lower his weapons as Kasey came just outside of his sword reach.

"So you died and agreed to come back to become an assassin?" Gargamel's face was full of scorn. "Didn't take much to revert to type Alteran."

_________________
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82


Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm
Posts: 43
Reply with quote
Corrigon wrote:
Rolls carried

Gargamel did not lower his weapons as Kasey came just outside of his sword reach.

"So you died and agreed to come back to become an assassin?" Gargamel's face was full of scorn."Didn't take much to revert to type Alteran."


Kasey's lips purse. Her voice is filled with rage " Are you even listening to me Gargamel? ". Kasey draws her neck right up to his blade giving him the opertunity to cut her head off. " I bet you would have taken the easy road and fracking died. Coming back to find this person Volic fears, and then taking the fight to him... That is not going to be a cake walk.". Kasey rests her neck right on the blade drawing blood, " You think I am like them? Fraking cut my head off. What are you waiting for go to work!". Kasey puts her hand on Gargamel's in a fit of emotional rage urgrging him to cut her head off. " I am nothing like those slaves!". She pushes hard against the blade and if no resistance is met, cuts her head off.

_________________
Parry:8, Toughness: 17(10), Pace:6, Cha:, 2/-2 Danger Sense
ISP: 15/20
  • Active powers
Combat Edges:
  • Improved First strike
  • Martial Arts
Skills
  • Notice: d8+2
  • Stealth d8
Note: She does not normally wear a helmet

Bennies
4 bennies


Adventure Card
Deadly Blow


Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:01 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Black Company
Reply with quote


    As Kasey and Gargamel exchange heated words. The Battle Mage holds his sword out towards the risen Alteran Warrior Woman. She pushes her neck hard against the blade, attempting to cut her own head off if Gargamel continues to hold his sword out.

    Seven more people walk into the room as this occurs.

    The tall Kittani Doc curses, "Splynncryths wet panties! An undead Alteran Warrior!"

    Rip wanders in also and drops the food tray he is holding, as it clatters to the floor he pulls his rifle around fumbling with the strap to get it battle ready.

    Five well armed and armored Mercenary Guards, that are stationed here at Site One, arrive with Rip and Doc. The five are known by Gargamel, who has spent a good amount of time with the men, on patrol. Garmamel sees Sgt. Hurtt, team leader, and the man nods:

    "Mags told us the undead were here on Amarok IV! Shidding Hell Gargamel, there's one right here in med bay! Kill her we got you covered!"

    The five Guards raise sword and hand gun and step into the room quickly, pushing past Rip and Doc, and take up positions around the room to cover Gargamel.

    Hurtt says, "Do it man before she kills you!"

    As Gargamel holds the sword out, ready to fight Kasey, the risen woman pushes her own neck into the blade...


Its Gargamel's turn, does he let her cut her neck off? Help her? Or what? Gargamel has Initiative!

Mercs
AMAROK IV MERCS

Character Names: Saxon / Watson / Heller / Hurtt / Vasquez

Sgt. Hurtt is squad leader of the Mercs. These 5 mercs are your to run. You the Players get to "play" them for this up coming "mission" to get the Snow Truck back. I do not care how you split them up, 1 each or all 5 run by one Player. Once outside on teh mission they are yours. For this fight? With Kasey they are with Gargamel!

Rank: Seasoned Experience: NPC
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: M.A.R.S. Mercenary Soldier NPCs

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+1d6); Parry: 7
Carry 64 lbs; Toughness: 6; IN ARMOR 15 (9); Strain: 0

Skills:

  • Driving d8
  • Fighting d8
  • Intimidation d6 +2
  • Knowledge (Battle) d4
  • Knowledge (Computers) d8 (+2 vs. electronic security)
  • Notice d6
  • Persuasion d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8
  • Streetwise d4
  • Survival d8
  • Taunt d6+2

Hindrances
  • Code of Honor (Major) :
    Always honor the contract. Never betray your employer while in his employ, even if offered more by the opposition, unless he lies to you or betrays you. Follow the rules of engagement. If the situation changes a lot, you may return the payment along with an explanation and an apology. If a contractor does not fulfill its part of the contract, revenge is not only permissible, but encouraged.
  • Loyal (Minor) : Friends are good to have and keep around if you can, and of course always finish a job.
  • Cautious (Minor) : What´s the plan? We do have a plan? So, this is the plan then, because I don’t enjoy walking into something without a plan.

Edges
  • Contacts AC Company
  • Dirty Fighter +2 Bonus on Trick Maneuvers.
  • Dodge (MARS Combat Edge) : Unless they are the victim of a surprise attack and taken completely unaware, attackers must subtract 1 from their Shooting or Throwing rolls when targeting them. Characters who attempt to evade area effect attacks may add +1 to their Agility roll as well (when allowed).
  • Improved Dodge (MARS Combat Edge): As Dodge Edge, but attackers subtract 2, +2 to evade area of effect attacks.
  • Brawny: +1 Toughness. Load limit is 8 x Str.
  • Strong Willed : +2 Intimidation and Taunt, +2 to resist Test of Will

Gear

NG-S2 Survival Pack
  • Weight: 30

NE-45 "Heavy Magnum" Cartridge Revolver
Range: 10/20/40
Damage: 3d8
ROF: 1
AP: 4
Shots: 6
Rounds total: 6 in gun plus 30
Weight: 7 lbs.
Cost: 19,000 for the gun, each round is 60 credits to buy, but ultra rare, rounds can be made using spent casings for 90-100 credits each.
Notes: Mega-Damage, bullet, Min Str: d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver

NE-L5

  • Range: 25/50/100
  • Damage: 3d6+2
  • RoF: 1
  • AP. 2
  • Shots: 20
  • Vibro Knife Bayonet
  • Weight: 14

NE-33
  • Range: 15/30/60
  • Damage: 2d4+1
  • RoF: 1
  • AP. 2
  • Shots: 20
  • Weight: 4

Vibro Knife Bayonet
  • Damage: d8+d6
  • AP: 4
  • Parry +1
  • Reach 1
  • 2 Hands
  • Mega Damage
  • Weight: 2

NEUW-3C Urban Warrior Tactical Armor
  • +9 Armor.
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • 5 mile range communications
  • Light sensitive visors. Reduce illumination penalties by 2, and +2 to resist blinding attacks.
  • Extra high-density plating
  • Targeting enhancements +2 on all ranged attacks
  • Micro exoskeleton enhancements +1 Pace
  • Woodland Camouflage +2 to Stealth check in woodland settings.
  • Weight: 11

_________________
Lars - The Black Company
GM bennies Q3: 8/8

My Accounts


Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.