View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Out of Character Chat (2017.08.12 through 2017.09.31) 

Anything out of character or general conversation goes here. I will create a new one every quarter to make management and searching easier.

Please subscribe to this forum for updates to stay informed.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Character sheets cleaned up and removed unneeded post from character reviews.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:34 am

I want a Pistol for McVey's Signature weapon. As for what it does?

Bennies 4/4
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense (Notice Check -2 to perceive danger)
  • Quick (Re-draw cards under 5)
  • Ambidextrous (No off hand penalties.)
  • Two-Fisted (Make two attack rolls w/o multi-attack penalties.)

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:41 am

Baron McVey wrote:

How about as you are not a powered character and cannot use TW items.
We make it a very high quality pistol with excellent furniture, some nice accessories and a bag with some exchangeable accessories such as alternate barrel and a couple of scopes.

Do you want physical rounds or energy clips, also do you want revolver style or magazine style?

For actually making the firearm mechanically, another option would be it could be an ancient weapon that has been "enchanted" by the psychic imprint of hundreds of years of being used in war and killing.

The enchanted items rules allows 2 major and 2 minor, but they have the benefit of it can be used by your character.

So let me know once you have an idea in mind.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 am

How will mundane (i.e., non-magical) upgrades be handled in-game? I know every GM has his or her own preferences on this, so I thought it worth asking before we get going. For instance, if my character wanted to improve his non-TW rifle (say, by replacing the barrel with one of a higher quality, or something of the like) to get a bonus to his Shooting, how would that work? I know that a lot of potential upgrades are covered by the Hero's Journey tables, and that you can always take the Rich Edge to get a couple of rolls on those tables. If I wanted to boost his gear without spending an Advance, how would we do that mechanically? Would you just set prices for the upgrades and we could buy them just like we would buy anything else (assuming they are available in whatever part of the country the team happens to be in, of course)?

Toughness: 13(5)
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Strong-Willed, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Riding d6 + 2, Notice d8, Psionics d10, Survival d6, Intimidate d6 + 2
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +1 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis), Energy Resistance (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*)
Current Ongoing Powers: None
ISP: 30/30
Charisma: -2 (Half-elves treated as outsiders)
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: redraw 5 or below
Equipment of Note: Piecemeal CA-7 armor (possession is a “shoot-on-sight” crime with any Coalition troops), Shard Pistol (returns to his hand as a free action and lower Trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting), “Judgment Day” rifle with attached scope (stats of a Wilk’s 457 pulse rifle), TK Revolver, Colt Dragoon .44 Revolver with silver bullets
Robot Horse: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
  • Fighting d8, Notice d8 + 2, Survival d6
  • Pace 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
  • Parry 6
  • Toughness 20(10) MDC
  • All-Terrain: +2 to Riding checks
  • Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice, power armor sensor package)
  • Kick does Strength + d6 Mega Damage
  • Size +2
Adventure Card: Folk Hero - Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
Full Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1006&p=16620#p16620

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:04 am

Hardin wrote:
How will mundane (i.e., non-magical) upgrades be handled in-game? I know every GM has his or her own preferences on this, so I thought it worth asking before we get going. For instance, if my character wanted to improve his non-TW rifle (say, by replacing the barrel with one of a higher quality, or something of the like) to get a bonus to his Shooting, how would that work? I know that a lot of potential upgrades are covered by the Hero's Journey tables, and that you can always take the Rich Edge to get a couple of rolls on those tables. If I wanted to boost his gear without spending an Advance, how would we do that mechanically? Would you just set prices for the upgrades and we could buy them just like we would buy anything else (assuming they are available in whatever part of the country the team happens to be in, of course)?

Modifying a TW weapon by anyone other than a TW will destroy it. Quite simply there is some crazy magic going on that makes no sense what so ever.

I will have to run it my the other GM's first. But what I am thinking is for mundane or high quality modifications I can see those following a little common sense an adding the equivalent of up to two minor modifications. With the caveat that just like in real life the more tuned a weapon is the more sensitive it becomes to damage, jarring and the battle field, each modification would then be -1 to maintenance rolls and +1 to TD rolls to represent that mechanically.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 am

Seems reasonable. Thanks!

Toughness: 13(5)
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Strong-Willed, Nerves of Steel, Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Riding d6 + 2, Notice d8, Psionics d10, Survival d6, Intimidate d6 + 2
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +1 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis), Energy Resistance (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*)
Current Ongoing Powers: None
ISP: 30/30
Charisma: -2 (Half-elves treated as outsiders)
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Action Cards: redraw 5 or below
Equipment of Note: Piecemeal CA-7 armor (possession is a “shoot-on-sight” crime with any Coalition troops), Shard Pistol (returns to his hand as a free action and lower Trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting), “Judgment Day” rifle with attached scope (stats of a Wilk’s 457 pulse rifle), TK Revolver, Colt Dragoon .44 Revolver with silver bullets
Robot Horse: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
  • Fighting d8, Notice d8 + 2, Survival d6
  • Pace 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
  • Parry 6
  • Toughness 20(10) MDC
  • All-Terrain: +2 to Riding checks
  • Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice, power armor sensor package)
  • Kick does Strength + d6 Mega Damage
  • Size +2
Adventure Card: Folk Hero - Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
Full Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1006&p=16620#p16620

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:34 am

RFT wrote:
Baron McVey wrote:

How about as you are not a powered character and cannot use TW items.
We make it a very high quality pistol with excellent furniture, some nice accessories and a bag with some exchangeable accessories such as alternate barrel and a couple of scopes.

Do you want physical rounds or energy clips, also do you want revolver style or magazine style?

For actually making the firearm mechanically, another option would be it could be an ancient weapon that has been "enchanted" by the psychic imprint of hundreds of years of being used in war and killing.

The enchanted items rules allows 2 major and 2 minor, but they have the benefit of it can be used by your character.

So let me know once you have an idea in mind.

Let's go purely mechanical. Physical rounds in a magazine style.

Bennies 4/4
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense (Notice Check -2 to perceive danger)
  • Quick (Re-draw cards under 5)
  • Ambidextrous (No off hand penalties.)
  • Two-Fisted (Make two attack rolls w/o multi-attack penalties.)

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 am

I had left the identity of the Cyberknight in my background up to you RFT. So who are they and do they have any relationship with the CKs in our band?

I need to figure this out for the interlude I think.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:39 am

If he is willing to work with you I think it would be really cool if you and Sir William came up with a name for his Mentor.

If the two of you could thread your interludes together in a way that shows each of your own perspective to the events I will award an additional bennie for the awesomeness of it.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]