Aronan (Korindian Wanderer)

Post by Aronan »

Character Sheet
Player Name: John
Google Handle: venatus.vinco

Aronan
Race: Korindian
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 7 (2)

Skills:
  • Fighting d12
  • Swimming d6
  • Boating d4
  • Climbing d4
  • Healing d4
  • Knowledge (History) d6
  • Notice d6
  • Stealth d6
  • Survival d4
  • Throwing d6
  • Tracking d4

Hindrances
  • Heroic (Major): Always helps those in need
  • All Thumbs (Minor): –2 Repair; Roll of 1 causes malfunction
  • Poverty (Minor): Half starting funds, always gives money away.

Edges
  • Child of the Island: +2 tracking, survival, stealth, in wilderness areas.
  • Kor-In (Monkey): Leaping kicks and strikes add +1 reach in melee combat
  • Martial Artist: Never considered unarmed, +d4 to unarmed damage rolls
  • First Strike: Free Fighting attack on a single foe who moves adjacent
  • Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MaP when using a Trick in the same round as a Fighting attack.
Defining Interests
  • Lore: Legends of Kor (+2)
  • Hobby: Herbalism, Healing Plants (+2)
  • Culture: Etiquette (+1)
Racial Package
  • Enemy: Darkness & Flame
  • Island-born: Start with d6 Swimming
  • Lithe: Start with Agility d6
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim and Dark conditions
  • Nimble: +1 Parry
  • Outsider: -2 Charisma
  • The Lore of Kor: Does not use metal in any form, including money.
  • Trained from Birth: Martial Artist edge
  • Weakness: +2 from Blood steel and Black Iron
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Aronan (Korindian Wanderer)

Post by Aronan »

Background
While he has been travelling with these companions for some time, Aronan has been tight lipped about his deep seated reasons for leaving Korindia. Surely, the pursuit of knowledge was a key factor. Following in the footsteps of the great Kor, to travel the lands, see what is good in each person and in each race, and bring that goodness back to Korindia to better their society. A noble pursuit for sure, but not always enough to drive someone from a tropical island paradise. Sipping quietly on his stout Aronan shares the story of his arrival on the mainland.

“Truth be told, I am not one of the chosen of our people. I will never be first speaker of the council of elders or first master of Kor-In. There is little I have to give to my people, and what little I did have was taken away,” taking another long sip to collect his thoughts as much to quench his thirst the Korindian continues, “My home was along the coast. Set among the trees, looking over the white sands and blue waters of the northern shore. We did occasional trade with passing ships and, so, when another passed by we went out to meet them. Instead of traders we were met by slavers. They had metal weapons, nets, and even magic. We all fought well, in the ways of Kor-In, but many died or were taken. Including my own family - my father Aronan was killed. My mother and sister, Belissa and Dala, were taken. Our homes were burned during the fighting and we fled into the jungles until the Fists of Kor arrived. By that time the vagrants had beat a hasty retreat with many of our men and women in tow,” Aronan pauses again to look over the group he does not seems sad, but simply resigned. “Without a family or tradition to follow I was raised in the ways of Kor-In, studying the legends of Kor - although not very well. But, in my tenth year of study Kor came to me in a vision. He said that I did have something to give - my nothingness. Some are called to wander like he did, alone but for the betterment of all. To learn and then return. With nothing tying me to the island, I left for the metal and madness of the mainland.”

Stopping he raises his glass in a toast, “May I return to the shores of Korinda once more.”
Aronan

Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

Gear
  • Korindian Studded Armor: +2 armor, -2 coverage
  • Ironwood Staff: Str+d6; Reach 1"; Parry +1
  • Bracers: +1 Parry
Cloak of Sanctuary
Details
Knowing the rangers who spend so long on the road are often stuck between cities an without the comforts of home Queen Anabel solicited this special cloak.
This magical cloak looks to be made of sturdy wool, well hemmed and cut, the color varies from greys to greens by angle and lighting, but in all angles the royal crest of House Velthana can be seen repeatedly along the hems.

When the wearer pulls the cloak off and incants a brief cantrip the the cloak expands and shapes itself to whatever basic shape the wearer desires as a tent from as small as a 5’ circle to as large as a Medium Burst Template.

The owner can enter the tent and allows others to come and go, while inside the room is maintained at 21 degrees (70F), with low humidity. Any attempt to breach the tent by someone other than the person who said the incantation must penetrate a barrier as hard as stone with a toughness of 10 per 1”.

Once activated the cloak has enough power to remain in effect for up to Spirit x2 hours before collapsing in on itself. Once the cloak collapses it requires 12 hours to recharge enough essense to be used again.
Aronan

Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Child of the Island, Kor-In
  • Novice 1 Advance: +1 Agility
  • Novice 2 Advance: +1 Fighting, +1 K/History
  • Novice 3 Advance: First Strike
  • Novice 4 Advance: +1 Fighting
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: Tricky Fighter
  • Seasoned 2 Advance:
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
MARS Rogue Scholar (Upgrade For Fun)
Character Sheet
HJ: Experience & Wisdom [dice:sqmjpann]22052:0[/dice:sqmjpann]
HJ: Education [dice:sqmjpann]22052:1[/dice:sqmjpann]
HJ: Experience & Wisdom [dice:sqmjpann]22052:2[/dice:sqmjpann]

Rich: Body Armor [dice:sqmjpann]22052:6[/dice:sqmjpann]
Rich: Body Armor [dice:sqmjpann]22052:7[/dice:sqmjpann]
Rich (Reroll): Body Armor [dice:sqmjpann]22052:8[/dice:sqmjpann]
Rich (Reroll): Body Armor [dice:sqmjpann]22052:9[/dice:sqmjpann]

FG: [dice:sqmjpann]22052:3[/dice:sqmjpann]
FG: [dice:sqmjpann]22052:4[/dice:sqmjpann]
FG: [dice:sqmjpann]22052:5[/dice:sqmjpann]
Aronan

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Character Audit Link: Here
Export
Aaron
Race: Korindian
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d8, Swimming d6, Boating d4, Climbing d4, Healing d4, Knowledge (History) d4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Survival d4, Throwing d6, Tracking d4
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 8; Toughness: 7 (2)
Gear: Korindian studded (+2), ironwood staff (Str+d6; Reach 1"; Parry +1), Bracers (+1 Parry)
Hindrances: Heroic (M), Poverty (m), All Thumbs (m)
Edges: Child of the Island, Kor-In (Monkey), Martial Artist
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

This investigation intrigues Aronan. Learning these customs is exactly why he is here. It demonstrates Kor's wisdom in expecting people to speak the Ruth plainly.

"Our island is Kor's legacy," the elder began as he spoke to the assembled initiates. "We preserve his legacy by maintaining his edicts, avoiding the customs of the mainland and following the Way of Kor. Yet, while Kor established the island, he did also travel the known worlds. It was these travels that helped shape the Way of Kor. Thus, to be truly his devotees we cannot always be turned inward but also look outward to learn. To follow the way of Kor asks some of us to follow his way of wandering and learning."

The group of initiates sat silently listening to the speech. Being a wanderer was both an honor and an indictment. It meant you got to see the world, it also meant the elders felt you did not fit on the island. Aronan knew most certainly he way the latter. Thus, when the elder called him forward as a wanderer he only nodded knowingly.

"Aronan, follow in the footsteps of Kor and bring us enlightenment. May this staff help you to walk in his ways."

Giving a bow Aronan accepted the staff, "I shall bring wisdom to our island."

Returning to his place he examined the staff. Wood of the island, but blessed by the elders.
OOC Comments
+1 to Notice
Aronan

Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

Bennies (2nd Quarter 2018): 3/3
Golden Benny: 0
Aronan

Return to “Shaintair (Concluded)”