12.6A The Emporium

Post Reply
User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

12.6A The Emporium

Post by RFT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 pm

A Once booming market the Emporium now has a dead feeling to it. With most of the shops closed, and those few that are open only having a trickle of business it is obvious by now the depression of the situation has set in on the people.

It is well known that the Five Families run this quarter of town, however looking around few if any signs can be seen of organized crime families. The streets are clean and maintained, the few people moving about do not look scared or on guard and even your own pretense with weapons in hand garner little or no reaction.

It is time to hit the streets and find out if any one can set you in the right direction to talk to any members of these Five Families as they are called so this Silverflower can be located.

OOC Comments
A Streetwise roll at +0 will be required to locate and identify members of the family.

Include an interesting story in your success or failure of navigating the near abandoned streets to earn a benny.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 4
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Soak fom Sam
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
  • +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
    +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am

Re: The Emporium

Post by Angis Ironheart » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:50 am

Streetwise -1
+1 Ranger
Streetwise 1d4-3 = -1: 2
Wild 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Eastport/The Emporium
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis glanced around as they entered the Emporium. “No’ much business gaein’ on ‘ere,” he noted. “Spread oot an’ see wot ye c’n find.”

Angis headed over to a stall selling leatherworks.”I’m lookin’ fer someone wot sells silverflower. Ye know where I c’n find some?”

“Not here, mate,” the seller said. “I sell leather.”

“I c’n see tha’, goodman. But I’m--”

“Try somewhere else.”

Angis sighed and stalked off. “Bluidy merchants.” He tried another stall that looked more promising, an herb seller. She was less than cooperative.

“Well, c’n ye point me t’ where th’owners o’ this market are located?”

The woman looked a bit frightened. “I...have to close up.”

Angis sighed. He hoped the others were having better luck.
Mission
  • Track down in Eastport the crime boss involved in the plot against the royals
  • Investigate the plague Ashen Blight in Eastport for foul play.
    • Gather up elements for the cure from throughout the city.
    • Try not to kill anyone.
    • Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
    • Here is a list of the materials needed and the most likely location:
      • Harbor - First, please see the harbormaster Jalenz Karrimayn who has a shipment of Silverwood bark ready for pickup.
      • Western Docks - Find Mistress Alice Saddler and acquire the Stardust Leaves that came into her possession through less-than-legal means. Alice is not one who normally works with the authorities willingly. This task may take a little effort, maybe put your best charmer on this.
      • Ranger Outpost - The Sergeant has a couple kegs of water blessed by the Priest of Light for you. The Rangers have already said they are happy to help us in our tasks.
      • White Crow Theater - The Mockery located at the theater has whispering willow bark and has been holding it for ransom. Your heroes must choose whether to pay the ransom, convince these people of the good of their mission, or go after the Mockery themselves.
      • The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element, you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However, try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
    • Note: If the resource die drops below d4, the group is out of money and must use other means.

[/list]

NPCs
  • Frank - our ranger boss
  • Lord Grey, Jerin Thorian (Eastport)
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card

User avatar
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: The Emporium

Post by Bradon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Streetwise 8
OOC Comments
1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 2: 2
1d6 = 4: 4
Whilst Angis went to speak to the traders, Bradon smiled.

You don't talk to people, you listen and watch to find out what you need.

Bradon melded into the crowd, walking through, pretending to browse, but keeping his ears open and his eyes scanning around him, picking up patterns; where people did and didn't go; whom did people make a special effort to speak to.

User avatar
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am

Re: The Emporium

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Streetwise Total 9
(+2 bonus to streetwise from charisma included below)
Streetwise: 1d4+2 = 6: 4, Ace: 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Lysennia wanders off from the rest of the group. Unlike most of the others she had legitimate business in the market. She skirted round most of the crafters and went looking for herbalists and the like. She found a stall run by a middle aged woman. Clearly she had been quite the beauty when she was younger. Though age and hard toil had sharpened her features, she still cut a striking figure.

"Good day mistress, I seek a few herbs and wild plants to aid me in the preparation of a balm to soothe a fractious child. Do you perchance have any chamomile I may purchase?"

"Sadly no my . . . lady", the woman replies, looking curiously at Lysennia, clearly taken aback by her fey appearance, "We've not had chamomile these past thee months, even without every apothecary being rushed off his feet, 'tis the wrong time of year for it".

"Perhaps you could suggest an alternative?", Lysennia prompted. "Something that you have, anything with a sedative effect should suffice".

"Valerian, might suit, though best be careful of the dosage if it is for a child"

"Yes, I believe you're right, Valerian may be just the thing". Lysennia smiles warmly before continuing. "Whilst I am here, I have a few other less common items from my healing supplies that I could do with replenishing"

For the next few minutes they two chat and discuss the benefits of various plants in medicinal tinctures and salves. Sometimes Lysennia was firm in what she wanted, at others she let the herbalist suggest alternatives and thanked her for the benefit of her knowledge and experience, delicately massaging her ego. Slowly she worked the conversation round to what she really wanted to ask about.

"Lastly some Silverflower. I know it's not commonly used, but I have a theory about the ground stamens. I've had some success using them to ease laboured breathing, but I'm out of them, just as another likely patient comes along I could test them on. I've tried a couple of other places, but they seem in unusually short supply".
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature

User avatar
Tieronar
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: The Emporium

Post by Tieronar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:07 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 EXPLODE! 1d6 = 5: 5 TOTAL 11 (Raise)



Tieronar browses the Emporium, appearing to check out the sweets and looking at the fabrics and thread. While munching on a spiceroll, the Brinchie takes care to watch the crowd, interested in who is watching his companions.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

User avatar
Danyar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: The Emporium

Post by Danyar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:38 am

Notice
Notice 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Notice=7
Streetwise
Streetwise 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Exploded_Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Streetwise=7
After they enter the emporium, everyone seems to split up and search out their objective. Danyar moves off to a spot where he can observe the vast majority of the area and listen in on conversation of others. He finds a spot up against a building and takes position, watching the others and those that seem out of place or "suspicious".
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)

User avatar
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: The Emporium

Post by Sroxl » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:13 am

Notice 3, Intimidation 8
Notice: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

Intimidation: 1d6+4 = 7: 3 (+4 Frightening)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Sroxl searches for a vendor easily visible to the brinchie. He finds a young man selling some herbs, but mostly incense and religious trinkets. Thinking the lad an easy mark, the dregordian walks up to him.

"I ssee you ssell herbss," Sroxl hisses menacingly.

He leans in and sniffs the herbs, giving the young man a good view of the many scars crisscrossing Sroxl's scaly face. Then he frowns at the young man.

"No, thiss iss not what I sseek! Tell me, boy, who hass ssilverflower for ssale? My masster hass demanded that I acquire it at any cosst, you undersstand? Now be a good lad, and point me in the right direction. Otherwise, I do have other articless to procure for my masster," Sroxl says as he eyes the young man's hand intently.

Under his breath, but just loudly enough for the young man to catch some of what he says, Sroxl recites a list, "The hand of youth, an eye for herbalissm, male virility..."

OOC Comments
Trying to bump Tieronar's streetwise by making a big, easily spotted target for anyone monitoring the vendors. Hopefully, I should be in a good position for Tieronar to witness any reactions.
Sroxl, Dregordian Berserker
Sroxl, Dregordian Berserker
Charisma: -4; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 9(3)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Frightening: +Charisma as a positive modifier to Intimidation rolls.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: The Emporium

Post by RFT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:07 pm

The submissive tone and presence of the boy. "Travelers, I am Maxwell Jutzenkas.
"Are you looking for Silverflower blossoms, I believe I have what you need, we heard you may be coming this way. Please come, come with us and ask your friend to stop being so rude. I wish only to help. Father will see two of you and negotiate the Silverflower blossoms."
As he bows and begs your indulgence he adds. "But only two of you may enter Father's house, the dwarf and the lizard must not be among them, he gets nervous with so many strong men."

The vast stalls of low business merchants begins closing abruptly as questions starts circulating until eventually you see there are no civilians within eye sight the stalls blocking view of anything much more than a few dozen yards.

Down the aisles that are opened, the heroes can see a number of well-dressed men headed their way. The leader is a young man, barely out of adolescence, who moves in and introduces himself as Maxwell Jutzenka. His tones is self deprecating as he gives both his name and informs you that he has access to the flowers being asked about.

It is obvious to Bradon, Danyar, and Lysennia being skilled in the ways of the street that The Jutzenkas are the family that run the Emporium and while the young man appears to only have half a dozen men with him he likely has many more out of sight ready for action. As the words of his introduction conclude Maxwell includes an invitation to follow him to a close by warehouse where his father is willing to speak with two representatives from your group.

Tieranor
You notice about a score of men poised in positions of vantage on the few wooden buildings around. A slight smell of gut and fish oil also informs you they likely have bows or crossbows on them
Agnis
you do not know why people are acting so wierd. You have good silver on you and this is no way to treat a potential customer.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 4
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Soak fom Sam
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
  • +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
    +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am

Re: The Emporium

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Notice Roll (5)
Notice = 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild = 1d6+2 = 3: 1
"Maxwell is it?", Lysennia moves in closer to the young boy.

"Your 'father' extends his invitation to us? Or at least those of us who do not make him too nervous."

"One presumes a mere woman, one as small and slight as I, presents no threat to him. Though I feel some guarantee of safe conduct to and from the meeting may be in order. Should I be expected to enter the lions den without knowing how many hungry cubs he has in there with him? I am willing to make concessions, and to negotiate in good faith, but he should not think me a reckless fool."

"Now if you could give us a moment I need to converse with my companions."

She turns to her companions speaking softly. "I don't much care for the terms, but I'm of a mind to take Tier into the meeting if it is to be just the two of us. Should they disarm him, he seems best positioned to fight unarmed. Should matters turn sour we'll probably be needing extraction. So eyes and ears open everyone. Decide on the best route to break through to us. You'll know if we have a problem, it'll sound like a bunch of wild animals have got loose in there, right Tier?" she winked at the Brinchie.

"Any other thoughts or suggestions?"
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: The Emporium

Post by RFT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:48 am

Maxwell eases back enough to let your team communicate in apparent privacy.
OOC Comments
Mysterious 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6 Ace 1d6+12 = 16: 4
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 4
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Soak fom Sam
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
  • +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
    +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Tieronar
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: The Emporium

Post by Tieronar » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 pm

OOC Comments
What is Mysterious?

Stealth
1d6 = 5: 5
1d6 = 6: 6 EXPLOSION 1d6 = 2: 2 = 8


Notice
1d6 = 5: 5
1d6 = 6: 6 EXPLOSION 1d6 = 1: 1 = 7






Tier slides back into the shadows, nodding to Danyar.

Hoping that Sroxl and Angis will keep the attention of the watchers, the Brinchie moves to get the drop on a few of the crossbowmen. 1d4 = 1: 1 [dice]46234:7[/d
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

User avatar
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am

Re: The Emporium

Post by Angis Ironheart » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:53 am

Eastport/The Emporium
Afternoon
Round 0

“Bah!” Angis cursed out the latest merchant he tried to question. Bloody bastards didn’t know a good customer if he shat on their noses!

Angis eyed the well-dressed men approaching and scowled. “Ye think I’m lettin’ yon elven lass anywhere alone wi’ ye, boyo?” Angis said hotly.

But Lyssenia was willing. “Aye, lass. Ain’t naethin’ ‘twill keep me oot o’ tha’ ware’ouse when the signal comes,” he vowed, hand alighting on his axe at his belt.
Mission
  • Track down in Eastport the crime boss involved in the plot against the royals
  • Investigate the plague Ashen Blight in Eastport for foul play.
    • Gather up elements for the cure from throughout the city.
    • Try not to kill anyone.
    • Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
    • Here is a list of the materials needed and the most likely location:
      • Harbor - First, please see the harbormaster Jalenz Karrimayn who has a shipment of Silverwood bark ready for pickup.
      • Western Docks - Find Mistress Alice Saddler and acquire the Stardust Leaves that came into her possession through less-than-legal means. Alice is not one who normally works with the authorities willingly. This task may take a little effort, maybe put your best charmer on this.
      • Ranger Outpost - The Sergeant has a couple kegs of water blessed by the Priest of Light for you. The Rangers have already said they are happy to help us in our tasks.
      • White Crow Theater - The Mockery located at the theater has whispering willow bark and has been holding it for ransom. Your heroes must choose whether to pay the ransom, convince these people of the good of their mission, or go after the Mockery themselves.
      • The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element, you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However, try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
    • Note: If the resource die drops below d4, the group is out of money and must use other means.

[/list]

NPCs
  • Frank - our ranger boss
  • Lord Grey, Jerin Thorian (Eastport)
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card

User avatar
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: The Emporium

Post by Bradon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Notice
1d6 = 4: 4
1d6 = 4: 4

"We'll stay out here and keep out of trouble."

User avatar
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am

Re: The Emporium

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Tieronar wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 pm
Tier slides back into the shadows, nodding to Danyar.

Hoping that Sroxl and Angis will keep the attention of the watchers, the Brinchie moves to get the drop on a few of the crossbowmen.
Notice Roll
Notice = 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Wild = 1d6+2 = 8: 6, Ace = 1d6+8 = 12: 4
Lysennia looks up in time to see the Brinchie skulking off, clearly trying to gain some tactical advantage.

"Why is it never easy?", she complains to Bradon, sighing deeply.
"It seems Tier has gone off in search of other amusements. It would seem my escort is to be either you or Danyar then. Opinions?"
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature

User avatar
Danyar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: The Emporium

Post by Danyar » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:23 am

Lysennia Moonsinger wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Lysennia looks up in time to see the Brinchie skulking off, clearly trying to gain some tactical advantage.

"Why is it never easy?", she complains to Bradon, sighing deeply.
"It seems Tier has gone off in search of other amusements. It would seem my escort is to be either you or Danyar then. Opinions?"
"Tier probably sees something that makes him or this situation feel out of place.
So far his instincts haven't been wrong when it comes to danger."
. Danyar nods back at Tier as he heads out.

"As to who accompanies you inside well, I'm not the best at negotiations but, I will go with you and help as much as possible. Bradon unless you think you will be more useful then I will go keep an eye on our friend Tier."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: The Emporium

Post by RFT » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 am

As Lysennia and Danyar are escorted in by a couple of guards they are led through the building and through it to the upper level where management offices would be expected to be. As they enter they can see a series of runes written on the ground triggered by a Sorcerer to open a portal that leads them to another room somewhere. It is obvious you are no longer in the Emporium as the smell of city refuge is replaced by the smell of the sea and clean air.

The portal closing behind you leaves Danyar and Lysennia turning around to where a well dressed soft looking middle aged human sits in a desk, protected by what is obviously veteran guards. "Welcome Rangers, Please have a seat and we can begin to negotiate."

After the Rangers sit and are treated to a some refreshments the man says. "I am Mr. Jutzenkas and as I understand it you are looking for our supposed stock piles of silver flower. I think it is obvious if the Rangers are looking for it, then you are hoping it can be one of the tools to save the city. But what I am curious about is how much do you actually need and how many resources where surrendered to you for this purchase?"

As he talks the putting the situation and discussion in the context of the kindly face is hard. The man is obviously a influential crime boss, but he presents himself more like a kindly father than the expected intimidating presence.
OOC Comments
Lysennia can easily sense the magic in the room not only on the Sorcerer, but the four guards are also equipped with magical gear and the older man seems to have multiple pieces of arcane jewelry on him.

Time for you to negotiate for the silver flower, what approach do you take, how do you want to take this?







Outside the Emporium Tieranor is able to move into a position of advantage, confident he is still unobserved. Many of the guards watching over the team come out of hiding and relax, their weapons no longer trained on the heroes, so much as being held relaxed in their hands.

Max and one of the guards feeling bored as they wait says. "So, you guys are hoping to fix this problem or what? Father says there is no fixing it, because the problem is alchemy or something."

The guard nods agreeing. "Apparently even the nobles are being affected and they have sorcerers and everything. But I heard some druids thought they had an idea of how to fix it, but their magic was to weak to even help one person."
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 4
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Soak fom Sam
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
  • +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
    +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Tieronar
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: The Emporium

Post by Tieronar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:44 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5 Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Tier hides and watches, impatiently, not sure how long he should wait before going to rescue his friends.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

User avatar
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am

Re: The Emporium

Post by Angis Ironheart » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:25 am

Eastport/The Emporium
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis looked over at Max as he spoke. “Alchemy, eh?” the dwarf said. “Well, I dunnae ken much aboo’ tha’. I just dae wot I’m told. But ‘tis worth a try, innit? Else ye all jus’ moight as well measure yerselves f’r pine boxes. I ‘magine the Rangers go’ someone they think c’n mix up some cure. If it doesnae work, ye’re nae worse than ye are roight noo.”
Mission
  • Track down in Eastport the crime boss involved in the plot against the royals
  • Investigate the plague Ashen Blight in Eastport for foul play.
    • Gather up elements for the cure from throughout the city.
    • Try not to kill anyone.
    • Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
    • Here is a list of the materials needed and the most likely location:
      • Harbor - First, please see the harbormaster Jalenz Karrimayn who has a shipment of Silverwood bark ready for pickup.
      • Western Docks - Find Mistress Alice Saddler and acquire the Stardust Leaves that came into her possession through less-than-legal means. Alice is not one who normally works with the authorities willingly. This task may take a little effort, maybe put your best charmer on this.
      • Ranger Outpost - The Sergeant has a couple kegs of water blessed by the Priest of Light for you. The Rangers have already said they are happy to help us in our tasks.
      • White Crow Theater - The Mockery located at the theater has whispering willow bark and has been holding it for ransom. Your heroes must choose whether to pay the ransom, convince these people of the good of their mission, or go after the Mockery themselves.
      • The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element, you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However, try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
    • Note: If the resource die drops below d4, the group is out of money and must use other means.

[/list]

NPCs
  • Frank - our ranger boss
  • Lord Grey, Jerin Thorian (Eastport)
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card

User avatar
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: The Emporium

Post by Bradon » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:44 am

Notice
1d6 = 1: 1
1d6 = 3: 3
Danyar wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:23 am
"As to who accompanies you inside well, I'm not the best at negotiations but, I will go with you and help as much as possible. Bradon unless you think you will be more useful then I will go keep an eye on our friend Tier."
"No, you go in. I'll be the responsible one out here." he tells the ranger, trying to keep an eye out for Tieronar so that he doesn't cause trouble.
RFT wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 am
Max and one of the guards feeling bored as they wait says. "So, you guys are hoping to fix this problem or what? Father says there is no fixing it, because the problem is alchemy or something."

The guard nods agreeing. "Apparently even the nobles are being affected and they have sorcerers and everything. But I heard some druids thought they had an idea of how to fix it, but their magic was to weak to even help one person."
"Hmmm," Bradon strokes his chin as he thinks about something, "you wouldn't perchance know where the outbreak started would you or know whom we could talk to who might?"

OOC Comments
Just looking at the mission details in Angis post, just realised we were supposed to go to the harbour first :oops:

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: The Emporium

Post by RFT » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Tier moves and finds he is easily able to find a position of advantage over the soft and inattentive humans. It is as if they did not even have noses to smell or ears to hear.

Angis Ironheart wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:25 am
Angis looked over at Max as he spoke. “Alchemy, eh?” the dwarf said. “Well, I dunnae ken much aboo’ tha’. I just dae wot I’m told. But ‘tis worth a try, innit? Else ye all jus’ moight as well measure yerselves f’r pine boxes. I ‘magine the Rangers go’ someone they think c’n mix up some cure. If it doesnae work, ye’re nae worse than ye are roight noo.”
Max stare at the dwarf for a moment and then says. "I am sorry sir dwarf. I do not speak your people's dwarven tongue. It is close enough I think i may know some of what you said, but not enough. Would you be willing to speak in the human tongue?"
Bradon wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:44 am

"Hmmm," Bradon strokes his chin as he thinks about something, "you wouldn't perchance know where the outbreak started would you or know whom we could talk to who might?"
The guard thinks for a moment. "I cannot really say. I know Mr. Jutzenkas has been tracking it and was interested. But the first story I know of was from the Harbor. Maybe it came in on a boat or something?"

Max hearing the conversation speaks up. "Indeed, it was Tom Little, he was the first one to come down with it. Found out he was sick right after he dis-boarded the Peregrine he and most all of the crew. Except for that Grady fellow, but all the rest, and half of them are dead already."
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 4
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Soak fom Sam
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
  • +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
    +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Tieronar
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Tieronar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:43 pm

OOC Comments

notice 1d6 = 3: 3


wild 1d6 = 6: 6 'Sploshun! 1d6 = 3: 3 Total = 9.
Tieronar sits and watches the criminals, waiting to strike if they move to harm his friends.

Part of him hopes for this to be over with peacefully. The Brinchie in him wants to tear them apart for daring to threaten Bradon, Danyar, and the rest.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

User avatar
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Angis Ironheart » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 am

Eastport/The Emporium
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis stared at Max right back in disbelief. “Bah! Ye daft idjit!” He threw his hands ups. “Tha’ woz the King’s guid tongue! Clean oot yer ears, lad!”

The other guard mentioned the start of the plague, though, and Angis looked over at the man. “Is the Peregrine still ‘ere?” he asked. “An’ ‘oo’s this Grady lad?” If they tracked down the source, he wondered if that would help the Rangers at all. They did have to go to the harbor anywhere for one of their errands.
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card

User avatar
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Sroxl » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:54 pm

"Perhapss we sshould check on thiss vesssel and itss crew. If they were the firsst, and what Lyssenia disscovered iss true, it could be a very good idea to locate the firsst oness infected," Sroxl comments.

To the boy, he says, "Ssorry, boy, I wassn't intending to harm you. Unlesss reasson wass given, of coursse."

With that last remark, the dregordian turns and finds to find a good spot to keep an eye on things.
Sroxl, Dregordian Berserker
Sroxl, Dregordian Berserker
Charisma: -4; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 9(3)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Frightening: +Charisma as a positive modifier to Intimidation rolls.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Bradon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:56 pm

notice
1d6 = 1: 1
1d6 = 1: 1

Bradon hides a smirk behind his hand

"Actually Angis speaks a rare dialect of the guild tongue," he explains, trying not to laugh.

Hearing about where the ship came from, Bradon strokes his chin in contemplation.

"Then, we should go to the docks and find this ship. If it brought this plague, then it could provide answers."

He looks at where Lysennia and Danyar went.
"When they return, we will move out."

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by RFT » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 am

Tieronar wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:43 pm
Tieronar sits and watches the criminals, waiting to strike if they move to harm his friends.

Part of him hopes for this to be over with peacefully. The Brinchie in him wants to tear them apart for daring to threaten Bradon, Danyar, and the rest.
A small disappointment begins welling as the men themselves seem distracted more interested in talking about day to day things than being a threat. Tieronar can tell these men are more like soldiers than assassins. As they whisper jokes and even at one point you one of them pulling a prank on a comrade by using his blow tube to chewed up shoot balled paper, followed by giggling with his partner.

Suddenly they tense up as the door to the building opens as if something serious is potentially going to happen.
Angis Ironheart wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 am
Angis stared at Max right back in disbelief. “Bah! Ye daft idjit!” He threw his hands ups. “Tha’ woz the King’s guid tongue! Clean oot yer ears, lad!”
Bradon wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:56 pm
Bradon hides a smirk behind his hand

"Actually Angis speaks a rare dialect of the guild tongue," he explains, trying not to laugh.
Smirking as if he is in on some secret the others should know Max simply says. "Sure it is."

Angis Ironheart wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 am
The other guard mentioned the start of the plague, though, and Angis looked over at the man. “Is the Peregrine still ‘ere?” he asked. “An’ ‘oo’s this Grady lad?” If they tracked down the source, he wondered if that would help the Rangers at all. They did have to go to the harbor anywhere for one of their errands.
Grady is one of the two men, Hamid and Grady, you came here hunting.
Bradon wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:56 pm
Hearing about where the ship came from, Bradon strokes his chin in contemplation.

"Then, we should go to the docks and find this ship. If it brought this plague, then it could provide answers."

He looks at where Lysennia and Danyar went.
"When they return, we will move out."
Sroxl wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:54 pm
"Perhapss we sshould check on thiss vesssel and itss crew. If they were the firsst, and what Lyssenia disscovered iss true, it could be a very good idea to locate the firsst oness infected," Sroxl comments.
"Ah sure guys, I could show you where they were berthed if you want for a couple coins?

"I am pretty much done after this, we where told you would only be here for 20 minutes or so."

Sroxl wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:54 pm
To the boy, he says, "Ssorry, boy, I wassn't intending to harm you. Unlesss reasson wass given, of coursse."

With that last remark, the dregordian turns and finds to find a good spot to keep an eye on things.
"Wait, what? I was told there would be no trouble in the emporium today." turning back to the others as the reptile wonders off he says. "He is not going to cause trouble is he?"





Continued From Here


After what must have only been 15 minutes away Daynar and Lysennia come out from the building accompanied by a sorcerer. As the approach the group the sorcerer walks over to Maxwell Jutzenkas pulling him only a couple feet from the group he begins speaking with him. Somehow even though the sound of their conversation can be heard, it is as if speaking in another language all together. Their words being mixed and insane stories of other people doing strange things. Something about a merchant who traveled away and bought a new cart and some roses in exchange for old stones.

When they are done Maxwell lifts his hands in the air and flashes some signals. Immediately the men around the Emporium unknown to most of the group until now begin coming out their weapons sheathed they gather around Maxwell and listen as he tells them a similar story about a man buying bread that was sweet and tasty, but they were not allowed to eat the bread until the merchant hid the beans he bought them with. Whatever they are talking about it does not seem to be a rational way of communicating.

Overall when it is all said and done they wait for your team to communicate and organize yourselves.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 4
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Soak fom Sam
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
  • +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
    +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Tieronar
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Tieronar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:29 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4

Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Stealth 1d6 = 4: 4

Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Quietly, Tieronar slips from the shadows and approaches the soldiers from behind. Stepping behind the prankster with the blowgun, the Brinchie lets out a growling purr.

"Hrrrrm. Seems like this fracas is over," the feline says in a loud whisper, "Apparently, there will be no bloodshed today."

He pushes past them, walking towards his friends.

"We do not like to be ambushed. Do not do it again."
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

User avatar
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Bradon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Notice
1d6 = 5: 5
1d6 = 4: 4

Bradon gives Tieronar a look as he reappears.

"So we have some of the ingredients we need, an appointment with another group that we may well need to have a lot of extra muscle to deal with as they possibly intend on betraying us, but we also have a line on where this all started and from what you discovered Lys, actually dealing with the root cause may be the best option here." Bradon lays it all out for the group.

User avatar
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Sroxl » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 pm

"Sss sss sss," Sroxl lets out one of his disturbing, hissing laughs, "I am not sso ssure that getting to the ssource iss necesssarily the besst option with resspectss to ending thiss plague. However, if the hintss we have gleaned from the ssick child are true, we may very well be needed. If the firsst to ssuccumb were there, then it iss likely that they may already have turned into creaturess of darknesss."

The dregordian smiles and looks at his Kayakor, "If thiss has come to passs, then we may be able to ssave innocent livess thiss day by rooting thiss evil out. Perhapss Lyssenia or another healer could use their corpssess to study thiss ssickness while we gather the final ingredientss? With luck, it may improve the cure."
Sroxl, Dregordian Berserker
Sroxl, Dregordian Berserker
Charisma: -4; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 9(3)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Frightening: +Charisma as a positive modifier to Intimidation rolls.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Angis Ironheart » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:47 am

Eastport/The Emporium
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis straightened as the expected ambush emerged. He rested his hand on his axe, but none of them were pulling weapons. He listened as they talked nonsense.

“We get wot we need?” the dwarf asked. “Mebbe we pick up the silverwood bark from the ‘arbor an’ see if we cannae stop by this Peregrine while we’re there. Unless ‘tis time t’ meet wi’ our other friends back at the theatre.”
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card

User avatar
Danyar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Danyar » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Notice=11
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild_Exploded 1d6 = 5: 5
Danyar stepped out and walked up to the rest.

Well, we have a lead and some extra help. I say we proceed to gather the remaining ingredients first. Then we can go to the source of this pestilence and hopefully prevent this from happening again.

He then looks around for other ideas or to see what decision they vote on. He also looks closely at the individuals as they come out of their ambush spots and tries to see if any of them look familiar.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)

User avatar
Tieronar
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Tieronar » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Tieronar steps down to stand beside Danyar.

"Agreed," the Brinchie replies, "The sooner we are away from this cesspool of dishonorable criminals, the better it will be."
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by RFT » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:56 am

Walking back over to the team Maxwell looks at Lysennia and Daynar. "So the two of you figured out what you want to do? I was told you get an hour with us, so what is it going to be?"
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 4
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Soak fom Sam
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
  • +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
    +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:39 pm

"Danyar is right. We have secured what we came for, let us away and deal with the Mockery. With a little luck, and the assistance of our new friends we should be able to wrap this up by nightfall."

"And then perhaps we can start to look into what is really behind this plague, target than playing catch-up trying to find a cure", she thinks to herself.
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature

User avatar
Tieronar
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Tieronar » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:35 pm

"Let us go then," the Brinchie says, shaking his head. "There are children dying and all this metropolis of horrible people can do is squabble about their petty wants. I wish to be away from here."
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

User avatar
Tieronar
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by Tieronar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:39 am

Tieronar sighs and gathers his gear.

"You all seem to have this in hand. My skills would be better used elsewhere. Good luck with all of this. I'm heading back to the Rangers to see what other missions they have for us."

Then the Brinchie heads out to go north.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 12.6A The Emporium

Post by RFT » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 pm

As the Brinchie announces his frustration and moves on Maxwell wonders

Maxwell nods to Lysennia and the team. "Right then, lets go." With his words the men circled around form up ready to follow the heroes to the theater and handle some matters. With so many men it is encouraging to know that the likelihood of battle will be low.


Continued: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=2885&p=48085#p48085
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 4
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Soak fom Sam
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
  • +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
    +/-1 Joke Dealt, then used for Soak in same round
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”