By The Fire

Ndreare
Savage Siri

By The Fire

Post by Ndreare »

As you travel and adventure the end of most days finds you relaxing and eating together around a fire. Be it the hearth of a home or inn, or the flames of your camp hidden from the eyes of others. This is the place where you share your tales and enjoy those bonding moments with each other.

This is an Open RP area, no die rolls here. Just RP as you interact with each other and occasionally a stranger. This post is designed to allow you to get your post counts in when the game slows for combat or waiting for other players to post.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Danyar

Re: By The Fire

Post by Danyar »

Danyar sits down and relaxes a bit. He pours himself a little bit of wine and raises his glass in toast to his friends.

"Well everyone, I think we handled this situation quite well. We have learned our strengths and weaknesses and how we need to work together. I feel we make a very good team, I would like for you all to continue working for the Rangers."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Bradon sharpened his new sabre, scraping the whetstone along the blade.

"That is certainly my intention. We did a good thing here and hopefully soon, they will be able to have a child and stabilise their reign. Last thing anybody needs is a war for control."
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

"I'm glad to hear you say that. Between the two of us, I don't think there isn't anywhere we couldn't infiltrate and root out the evil that exists."
Danyar takes another sip of wine and stretches out his legs.

"I don't get to drink much, it muddies up your senses. In this day and age there seems to be much to keep you on your toes however, for the first time in a long time I feel safe among my friends."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tieronar sits down, stretching to work out the stiffness in his joints before unlacing and removing his boots. The Brinchie extends his long legs and curls his furry toes, listening to each one crack and pop.

Finished, Tier unwraps his scarf and begins the ritual (now familiar to the others) of rubbing the fabric between his thumbs and forefingers, moving from pattern to pattern.

"So, I intend to stay with the Rangers and help stop more of whatever plots are afoot. Am I the only one who thinks that the Necromancer may have had allies?"
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger »

Lysennia lay peacefully on the cot in her room, to all intents and purposes sleeping peacefully. The court physician had declared there was little wrong with her body which would not heal with time and rest, yet she had not yet awoken. Wherever her mind drifted however, her face had a calm serenity, one which her companions noted was new and unusual when they looked in on her.

Days, weeks, months, time seemed to have no meaning here, the sun rose and she awoke, it set in the evening and she slept. The days merged into one as she lay in the garden and marvelled at the nature all around her.

She remembered arriving. No, that wasn't quite true. She remembered waking up here in the garden. . .
The trees freshly in blossom, the little brook feeding the pool in the centre of the clearing, the birds in the trees, the animals, barely glimpsed further back in the forest, the place was brimming with life, in a way she had never experienced before. The grass was greener, the scents of the apple and cherry blossom were stronger, the sound of the water falling into the pool was pure and clear. It was like she had been deaf and blind to the beauty around her all of her life.

She pushed herself up on to her elbows then rolled on to her stomach. The pain, the dull throbbing left from Gemin's sorcery, it was gone. She started to push herself to her feet and then stopped. Padding slowly toward her out of the trees was a great grey wolf. Truly he was a magnificent specimen, quite the largest she had ever seen, though she was not of the greatest stature, his shoulder would have been level with her waist had she been standing beside him to compare. She stood up slowly, freeing her hands in case she needed to defend herself, though she was in no doubt that given how close the wolf was, should he leap for her, she would be unlikely to get even off a single spell in defence.

"So scared little one?", the voice came almost directly into her brain, she looked around sharply, but saw nobody else.
"That was you?", she asked, somewhat incredulously, realising she was asking questions of a wolf.
"Indeed, one wonders why you should find that so incredible? Surely as one of Her chosen, you are used to hearing the voices of the spirits, they certainly recognise you"
"Spirits? Whose chosen? My senses are attuned the the ebb and flow of the aether, skills hard learned, not the gift of someone else". "Why am I so angry? Why am I arguing with a wolf?"

"Our lady Landra, guardian of life, strengthener of all that is pure and natural. You carry her mark, the spirits see and hear you as kin. They seek to know you better, yet you wall them out with your science and logic. I have been sent to try to reason with you, to show you there is another way, a new path you may choose to follow. Everything in this world has a place. I am Wolf. My place is to patrol the forest, keep it free of vermin, be they animal, or persons. I protect and foster the life of the land, by fulfilling my appointed place. You too have a place in this pattern, or at least you are supposed to. Something happened, something in your past that turned you away from that path. The anger and rage grew inside you, and you sought power to avenge your family. You grasped the winds or sorcery and turned them to destructive ends."

Lysennis sat down on the ground again. "How could a wolf know about my parents, about their deaths?"

"I am here to offer you a choice. A chance to repair the hole in the pattern of life created when you turned away from that path, your true path. You may stay, as you are, no doubt growing in strength in your arts, though the path to power has led many into corruption."

"Like Gemin", she thought to herself.

"Yes, even as he.", agreed the wolf. "The alternative is that you choose a new path, spend some time here. We have as long as it takes. Here you may unlearn the ways you have followed these many years, instead learning to live in harmony with life, to strengthen and reinforce it, and to let it bolster your strength when you need it to. You are touched by Landra, you have the power to voice the will of the spirits, the word of Life itself."

Lysennia heard a noise over by the pool. Stealing a quick glance she noticed a watery figure at the edge of the pool, "A nymph!" She felt a brief touch of the nymphs mind, a hint of encouragement, a longing. Then the moment was lost as a freak breeze ruffled her hair. She moved to straighten it and as she did felt the presence of the air apirit which had touched her, she fumbled briefly for the correct terminology. "A zephy, I am a zephyr", came a mischievous voice in her head.

Suddenly her head was filled with voices, hundreds of voices, different and distinct, but all reaching out to her. Some were saying hello, some were asking questions, some were trying to make other chit-chat. It all became a bit overwhelming, and Lysennia felt herself losing her grip and again the blackness overtook her.

She awoke to find the wolf licking her face. His tongue was warm and rough, but with each stroke she somehow felt stronger.

"I have asked them to leave you be, until you have decided which path you will take. Do you wish to return as you are now, or are you willing to be made over into a tool more fit for your place in Landra's purpose?"

"What about my family, what about the darkness, the flame? Who will stand up and be counted if not I?" she asked, desperate not to let go of the thing that had driven her all these years.

"Have no fear little one. The creatures of flame and darkness have no part in Landra's vision. They are an abberation, a taint, to be stamped out wherever they are found. All followers of the path of Life hold to that."

"Then yes. I accept Landra's blessing in its entirety. I wish to learn the ways of life, to speak for the spirits, to defend the world from fire and darkness so long as there is breath in my body", each word spoken felt right, felt true, felt like they were meant to be.

"Very well Lysennia Moonsinger, I accept your pledge, to be a true sustainer of Life, and oppose flame and darkness wherever you may find it. I take away your connection to the aether, that you may learn a new way, strengthened and fortified by the spirits of Life"

Lysennia shivered at that pronouncement. Without her magic what could she do? She reflexively reached out to the aether to draw it protectively around her, only to find she could not only no longer draw it to her, but that she could only dimly sense its presence.

"Be calm little one, soon you will learn to feel the power of life flow through you, and that will feel a thousand times better than the thin aether you are used to. . ."
It had been months Lysennia decided. She and the wolf, and other spirits who visited the clearing from time to time had watched the seasons turn, spring into summer then on into autumn. Strangely throughout that whole time, Lysennia could not recall feeling hungry, or thirsty, nor did she recall feeling hot or cold at any time.

The wolf padded out of the forest, as was his wont. "Are you ready Lysennia? It is time to go"
"So soon?", she asked scooping up a small faerry that had accompanied the wolf and tickling her.
"Yes, you have learned all that you may here for now. There is much afoot in the world that you need to see".
"How long have I been here? What has happened to my friends? The king and queen?"
"Do not worry, time spent here passes not as in your realm. You will awake feeling refreshed by Landra's blessing, and but a short time will have passed."
"Will I ever see you again?", her eyes welled up at the thought of never seeing the great wolf again.
"Who can say little sister? The ways of Landra are not ours to know. Perhaps one day, when your need is great, I shall be there. Now little one it is time to return. . .

Lysennia felt herself slump down, the glade becoming faded and blurred as darkness overtook her.l

Lysennia wakes with a start, her head snapping round taking in the unfamiliar room. In her hand she feels something warm and hard. Opening her fingers she finds an uncut violet blue gemstone. Whilst rough at the moment, it looked to be of excellent clarity. "Take this with my blessing" a womans voice briefly in her head.

Climbing out of bed she reaches for a robe which someone had helpfully left out for her. Suddenly she felt unaccountably hungry. No doubt someone here would have some food. Always assuming the dwarf had not eaten it all. Smiling at the thought of seeing her friends after so long, she opens the door and heads in search of them.

OOC Comments
Details on the uncut Violet-Blue Tanzanite gemstone of good clarity. The Tanzanite symbolises life, and is believed by some to have healing properties.
She will get this cut into a pendant for a necklace during downtime. Essentially creating a necklace which fortifies her frail body (Toughness +1)
Last edited by Lysennia Moonsinger on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

"Allies you say. Hmm, that is a strong possibility. I also wonder if another outside force could have been behind this. There are forces in the north that would thrive on Chaos in the south. This could lead to a very long campaign to thwart their plans. I eagerly look forward to it."

And Danyar starts a second glass of wine feeling the need to,celebrate his new companions.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Lyss, please take a benny for first Q next week, the two post combined are great and I know how much effort can go into them. Both in one day is amazing.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lysennia moves from room to room looking for the others. Eventually she comes across the innkeeper who directs her to a small private dining room at the rear of the inn.

"Do you think perhaps you could send us through some food? A little bread, cheese, maybe some stew if you have any. If I know my companions they will be well into their ale by now, but food will not cross their minds"

"Certainly young miss. If I might suggest, there is an excellent ham hanging in the larder. Would you and your companions perhaps care for a few slices?", replied the barkeep.

Yes, that would be excellent. I must confess I feel ravenous, and compared to the appetites of some of the others. . .", she left the comment hanging.

"As you say miss, Alys will be along directly with the food, and should you have need of more she will be happy to fetch it for you".

As she turned away she caught sight of a nasty looking cut on the innkeepers hand. The wound had stopped bleeding, but looked angry and painful. The wound seemed likely to get infected if left untreated.

"Master innkeeper, one moment", Lysennia takes hold of his hand, it seems massive between hers. "May you go forth in health, happiness and in the love of life", she murmurs, and a small warm glow suffuses their hands. As it fades, Lysennia can see that the wound is gone, the innkeepers hand unmarked.

"Mistress. . . I did not know" stammered the innkeeper. "I would never have asked. . . or presumed to be worthy of such a thing. . ."

"Be calm master innkeeper. The gifts of life are for all, not the rich, the powerful, those who deem themselves important. I gift my services where I deem it necessary, following no conscience but my own. This wound might have festered, caused you much pain, maybe even cost you your hand. Compared to that the gift I have given you is little enough. All I ask is this if at some point in the future you are able to aid another in need, that you do so. Life breeds life, feeds life, grows with life. Let your actions be part of the that pattern"

She turns and walks to the dining room leaving him staring at her back as she walks away. Silently her heart exults. She did that, she felt the power of life flow through her and willed his injuries to heal, and they had. It was a feeling unlike any other she had ever experienced, and she found herself moved to tears.
"No that would never do, to walk in there like some weak and feeble woman. She did not need their pity, she was strong, she was suffused with the power of life, and reinforced by the spirits around her." She grips the gemstone in her hand more tightly and wills the tears to stop, dabbing them away with the sleeve of her robe.

Then her face a picture of serenity, except for a slight redness around the eyes, she opens the door and steps into the room.

"Gentlemen", she steps in closes the door behind her. "I trust there is a little wine left, I think perhaps I would care for a glass this evening."
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart »

Angis stared up at the ceiling, listening to the slight snoring beside him. Well, it was too early to sleep anyway. He looked to his gear stacked on the chair and sat up, the sheets falling away from his naked body. He found Vesia’s handkerchief and opened it gently, staring at the lock of red hair carefully folded inside. He inhaled, still smelling the scent of her perfume.

“What’s that?” The person on the bed behind him stirred, sitting up. “A little trinket from some she-dwarf?” The bed shifted behind him, and Angis barely glanced back at the human woman with the dirty blonde hair as the sheets fell away from her ample bosom.

“Bah! I’ll nae sully ‘er by talkin’ t’ the likes o’ ye aboot ‘er,” Angis snorted, quickly slipping the handkerchief back into his bag and getting up.

“You were singing a different tune an hour ago, love.” She laughed.

“Oot!” Angis yelled. He dug out his purse and tossed a scattering of coin on the sheets.

The pay-pleasure quickly scrambled to gather them up.

“I SAID GET OOT!” Angis yelled. He grabbed up his dagger menacingly. The woman yelped and grabbed her dress, scampering nakedly out of the room.

Angis sheathed his dagger with a curse. He touched his muscled belly, fingers coming away with a bit of blood. His wound had opened up again. Shadows and Flame!

Angis wound a bandage and tugged on his clothes, gathering up his gear and heading back to the private dining room they had gotten.

Angis ran into the slight figure of Lysennia as he grumbled through the door, head down, intent on drinking copious amounts of ale and a hearty meal to regain his strength.

“Elf!” Angis exclaimed, his burly arms going around her to keep her from falling after he nearly bowled her over. “Ye’re alive!”
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote: Angis ran into the slight figure of Lysennia as he grumbled through the door, head down, intent on drinking copious amounts of ale and a hearty meal to regain his strength.

“Elf!” Angis exclaimed, his burly arms going around her to keep her from falling after he nearly bowled her over. “Ye’re alive!”
Lysennia is almost flung to the floor as the burly dwarf breezed into the room. Only his quick reactions preventing her from ending up a dishevelled heap on the ground.

"Indeed, Angis. It seem the Ascended do not choose this for my time of passing. Now if you would be so kind as to unhand me. . .", she wriggles in his grip trying to regain her feet. This was not the dignified entrance she had been hoping for.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Lysennia Moonsinger wrote:Then her face a picture of serenity, except for a slight redness around the eyes, she opens the door and steps into the room.

"Gentlemen", she steps in closes the door behind her. "I trust there is a little wine left, I think perhaps I would care for a glass this evening."
Bradon nods as Lysennia entered the room, looking up from sharpening his sabre and stifles a little laugh at Anglis' reaction.

Glad to see you up and about. his voice sounded relieved as he slides a bottle of wine over to her. Not the best stuff in the house, but decent enough. Make its way onto a Minor Lord's table, but not one for Royalty.

Everyone was alive, more or less intact and they had succeeded. He for one was glad of it.

As for the Necromancer, to pull off something like this required support. Mayhap he managed to keep the conspiracy small, but it would not shock me that there was somebody pulling his strings like a puppeteer.
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

Settled in with the other, Aronan is pleased to see Lysienna has made a recovered. She had taken the brunt of Gemin’s spell magic, but also proven to be invaluable in stopping the wizard as well. Without her their venture may have failed. In fact, each person in the group contributed in their own way to the success of their task. The Way of Kor speaks about the interconnectedness of all people and things but it is often considered esoterically, on the level of high thinking and magical theory. But, Kor is clear this connectedness applies on the level of the practical as well. This group is, in some ways, a reflection of Kor’s dream: humans, fae, dwarves, brinchie all working together according to the strengths to thwart the forces of darkness and flame.

Warming himself by the fire and lost in his own thoughts Aronan finally speaks up, “We have done well friends. I am glad for your company and for this fire. In the jungles of the south isle it is warm, even at night. Yet here, I find I am always cold. It is the same way in our capital, Han’Dakor, built high into the cliffs of the mountains. It is cold, and a breeze always blows. Yet, the magics of the elders turn the breezes into melodic music that calms souls. Even the Dregodian find peace there.” Aronan pauses, as if recalling a forgotten memory, “It is a contrast from where I trained as a wanderer. Kor’Davine - the only city open to outsiders. That city is noise and bustle, but not calming magic. Humans, traders, Korindians, fae, all walk the streets and do business. There is even metal inside the city walls. For an island born like myself it is an education. Part of my training was to spend days and nights in the streets interacting with others. Yet, in that city I see something of our company. A blend of many to make a unique whole, certainly not always peaceful” he glances and Angis, “perhaps more a cacophony.”

Quickly, his smile turns into a pensive look, “It was also in Kor’Davine that I had my first brush with the forces of darkness. Smugglers and slavers from the Malakar Dominion had entered the city under the pretense of traders. They were capturing Korindians for the slave market, some gladiatorial arenas favour us for our fighting styles. I ran afoul of them one evening while wandering my friend, Koradin, was with me. They had sharp swords and dark magic - the first I had encountered it - we fought them but not before they made off with Koradin. The authorities were too late and the ship slipped off into the night, no doubt with my friend aboard. It is a wrong I have not been able to right. However, our venture here has lifted a small veil of darkness and gives me some measure of comfort that we can make a difference. Each of us as part of a greater whole.”
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis harrumphed and settled Lysennia on her feet again. “O’ course. Sorry, elf. But ye shuild watch where ye’re gaein’! Fool woman, gettin’ between a dwarf an’ ‘is ale.” He huffed past Lysennia to the table, grabbing the pitcher and a mug.

Aronan went off about something. Angis just smiled and nodded and sank down into a seat. He speared a sausage on his dagger and began to munch and drink.

“If some’un else was pullin’ Dantrenious’ strings, then they c’n pay us t’ find oot. Though with our stellar performance in findin’ the bluidy guy, I’d no’ be tae eager t’ risk me coin,” Angis said with a chuckle. They had damn near lost every lead they had stumbled across. “We go’ lucky. But as me daft gran’da used t’ say, sometimes lucky beats laborious.” Dwarves didn’t much believe in luck. Hard work is what was needed. But Angis had been out in the world long enough to know better. Sometimes.

“If the Malakar got yer friend, Arodan, than I’m sorry f’r ye.” The dwarf’s gaze grew dark and distant at the mention of the Malakar, and he tossed his sausage down on his plate and poured himself more ale.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Mention of the Malakar sent Angis into a black mood, and his thoughts returned to the past.

“Angis! Angis Ironheart, get in here!”

Angis rubbed the bridge of his nose with his fingers, trying to push back the piercing headache this female’s voice stabbed into his brain every time she spoke. If she wasn’t his brother’s fiancee, he might have just throttled her.

Angis nudged his pony over to the carriage and leaned toward the window as the curtain was pushed aside. Vesia was a beauty, by any definition. Red-gold hair framed emerald eyes set in an alabaster face, a cute, pert nose speckled with a light smattering of freckles. She was full bodied like a good dwarven woman should be, but not overweight. A true vision for any dwarf.

Until she spoke. Vesia was an only child of a wealthy family, and used to getting her own way. And while Angis was also from such a family, he was the younger son, and ugly, to boot, with eyes of two different colors, a craggy face, and a large scar over one eye.

“Are we there yet?” Vesia demanded petulantly.

Angis sighed. “Nae, me sister,” he replied. Since the bridal contract was signed, they were essentially family. All that was required were the formalities now, a wedding and an heir. “We’re ‘alfway through Malakar. Long way t’ gae yet.”

Vesia sighed. “I’m bored.”

Angis rolled his eyes. Vesia was young, barely a full woman. “I’m sorry, me sister. But I need t’ keep alert. Malakar ain’t a safe place t’ travel.” Not for the first time, Angis was cursing himself for not taking a boat. But he hated being on the water. He would fight off a Maelstrom army before he braved a storm at sea. And it was more expensive, with all the girl’s luggage. But he should have considered how important it was to get Vesia home safely. Still, if they road hard, Malakar wasn’t a long journey to cross.

Just then a crossbow quarrel sprouted from the throat of the driver up on top of the carriage. The dwarf gurgled and fell into the dust of the road. Angis sat up straight in his saddle, looking around to see the hilltop crested with armed men. Maelstrom banners fluttered in the breeze.

“Shadow and Flame!” Angis cursed. “Fly!” he yelled to the rest of the caravan. He leapt onto the carriage to take the driver’s place, but just then a spell hit him, sending him tumbling, dazed, to the dirt.

Angis roused himself. How long had he been out? The caravan was surrounded by laughing men, the dwarves all dead around him. The Maelstrom were looting now. A heavily armed captain with a sword dragged Vesia out of the coach by her hair.

“Such a pretty thing, for a dwarf,” the captain sneered, looking up at a tall, regal man on a warhorse. He wore black robes with arcane sigils stitched in silver. He was handsome and arrogant, with black hair going silver at the temples, though he was still on the younger side, for a human. “Don’t you think, Malik?”

“I think I will leave you to your petty amusements,” Malik said. “Make camp here for the night. We cross the border tomorrow.” Malik turned his horse, and the captain and his men laughed and dragged Vesia to the ground.

Angis rolled to his feet with a roar, grabbing up his axe. His first swing decapitated the Maelstrom captain. The follow through embedded deep into another soldier. By the time Malik on his horse spun around to see the commotion, Angis was the only one alive standing over Vesia.

“You should be dead, dwarf!” Malik said in surprise.

Angis grinned ferally, gripping his axe. “Takes a lot more’n yer wee spells t’ keep me doon, mage!” he said, spitting into the dirt.

Malik harrumphed. “Kill him,” he ordered the rest of the three score troops.

Angis gave a roar of defiance and set his shield, standing protectively with Vesia gripping his leg in fear, her dress torn, bosom heaving.

Angis was lost in a red haze. He swung axe and blocked with shield as man after man charged at them. He ignored wounds, moving and guarding the young dwarf he was charged to protect and deliver to his brother.

When the slaughter ended, Angis stood in a ring of bodies. He dripped blood, and the blood dribbled onto Vesia. His breath heaved in and out as he glared through the red mask of carnage at the mage.

Malik sent another spell. Angis stepped forward, intercepting it on his shield to protect Vesia, staggering, but not downed.

“What are you?” Malik said in startlement.

“Your death, human,” Angis growled, staggering forward toward him.

Malik’s horse danced a bit, and then the man tossed off another spell and yanked the reins, spurring his horse at a fast gallop away from the slaughter.

Angis staggered and fell to his knees, using his axe for support to keep from face planting into the bloody dirt.

“Angis!” Vesia rushed to him, putting her arms around him. Her dress was in tatters, her rich, satin delicates exposed and ruined, face bloody from second hand gore as she gripped his beard and stared into Angis’ mismatched eyes.

“You saved me!”

“Aye. ‘Tis me duty,” Angis said.

And then the spoiled, rich, beautiful child was kissing him. Angis felt strength returning as his powerful arms dropped axe and shield to encircle her waist, pull her hard against his armor, fumbling fingers tearing away the last of her tattered dress as she tugged at the fastenings of his armor, falling back into the bloody dirt of the road to express their ardor for life, and each other.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Bradon listened to Aronan and Angis speak.

"But who benefits from this? It could be the North, maybe the Prelacy trying to expand its influence."

His thoughts went back to an earlier life from mentioning the Prelacy he was born in.

"A few years ago, I was nothing but a guard and probably a troublesome one for my superiors." he took off his hat and put it in on the table, looking thoughtful.

"Then, I was assigned to my Lord's son Kiyon on his protection detail. Why you ask would I get such a plum detail? The problem was that Kiyon had a tendency to go missing and end up who knows where. The Gods know what they thought he was up to, probably getting some filly pregnant. So I was assigned to keep up with him as they thought I had the best chance." Bradon laughed slightly

It did not stop him giving his minders a slip, but this time, I was ready for him, following him, even when he thought he had lost us entirely. Eventually, I found him in the poor quarter and initially in the company of a woman. However, following him led me to a hidden basement, which contained several fae in hiding. What he was actually doing was helping them escape. They hadn't realise that one of the people involved had actually betrayed them to the lunatics in charge, but with a little assistance from me and stabbing a couple of guards, we managed to escape.

From that moment on, we were involved in the underground together. He showed me how nobles worked and when he became lord, I was technically his aide, but in fact organised things where he couldn't."
He looked sad and suddenly stabbed his sabre into the table, leaving it swaying.

"The reason I bring this up is because the Prelacy are ready to export their lunacy elsewhere. Maybe this isn't them, but at some point it will be."
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis harrumphed and settled Lysennia on her feet again. “O’ course. Sorry, elf. But ye shuild watch where ye’re gaein’! Fool woman, gettin’ between a dwarf an’ ‘is ale.” He huffed past Lysennia to the table, grabbing the pitcher and a mug.
Where a sharp retort might normally have resulted from Angis suggesting she was at fault some how for his nearly bowling her over, Lysennia's good mood prevented her from scolding the Dwarf. He had seemed genuinely happy to see that she was recovered, and that too warmed her heart.

Aronan went off about something. Angis just smiled and nodded and sank down into a seat. He speared a sausage on his dagger and began to munch and drink.
Angis Ironheart wrote:“If some’un else was pullin’ Dantrenious’ strings, then they c’n pay us t’ find oot. Though with our stellar performance in findin’ the bluidy guy, I’d no’ be tae eager t’ risk me coin,” Angis said with a chuckle. They had damn near lost every lead they had stumbled across. “We go’ lucky. But as me daft gran’da used t’ say, sometimes lucky beats laborious.” Dwarves didn’t much believe in luck. Hard work is what was needed. But Angis had been out in the world long enough to know better. Sometimes.
Lysenia sips her wine, the flavour having a slightly acrid tang, a little too much tanin for her taste normally, but for now it allowed her to sit here and feel a part of the group. "I'm not so sure it was luck Angis. I would venture that we held on to one lead in Gemin, but another, such as the alchemist might have served just as well. We followed the trail and the trail led us to the conspirators. My only regret is that we didn't get to question Dantrenious himself. It seems likely we shall never know if this was the action of an isolated man, eager for power, or perhaps part of a wider conspiracy."
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Aronan wrote:“It was also in Kor’Davine that I had my first brush with the forces of darkness. Smugglers and slavers from the Malakar Dominion had entered the city under the pretense of traders. They were capturing Korindians for the slave market, some gladiatorial arenas favour us for our fighting styles. I ran afoul of them one evening while wandering my friend, Koradin, was with me. They had sharp swords and dark magic - the first I had encountered it - we fought them but not before they made off with Koradin. The authorities were too late and the ship slipped off into the night, no doubt with my friend aboard. It is a wrong I have not been able to right. However, our venture here has lifted a small veil of darkness and gives me some measure of comfort that we can make a difference. Each of us as part of a greater whole.”
Lysennia regarded Aronan in a new light. Previously she had thought him aloof and almost uncaring of their company, yet here she saw a little more of the man than the wanderer.
Angis Ironheart wrote:“If the Malakar got yer friend, Aronan, than I’m sorry f’r ye.” The dwarf’s gaze grew dark and distant at the mention of the Malakar, and he tossed his sausage down on his plate and poured himself more ale.
"Do you think he may still be alive? From what I hear the Malakar are not gentle toward those they enslave."
"Are we all who work for the Rangers broken in some way? Have we lost someone or something we treasure? Is that how we all come to be here, searching for validation in a world that has treated us ill?", she muses.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

The small boy, his frame lithe to the point of seeming emaciated stood down in the field. In his right hand, a crudely made toy sword, crafted from a couple of deadfalls lashed together to form a crosspiece. In his left, a pan-lid, the mate of the crude pot perched jauntily on his head like a helmet. Slowly he circled his opponent, looking for a critical opportunity to strike. His opponent, a sack filled with straw and hung from a limb on the tree, moved lazily back and forth, taunting him, urging him to take his best shot
Suddenly the boy feinted low with his sword before sweeping diagonally upwards. It was a strike likely to open a lesser opponent from hip to chest, but the bag took the blow in its stride rotating slightly this way then that. The boy then started to rain blows furiously on the sack, shoving it back with his "shield" as it swung toward him. Eventually the boy collapsed to the ground exhausted, his chest heaving as he struggled to catch his breath.

A short distance away, the boys sister sat on a log staring at a small green apple on the ground in front of her, beside her was a man in the grey livery of the rangers.

"Your brother certainly seems to have the heart of a warrior, no matter what he lacks in stature. When the time comes do you think he will choose to follow the path of arms?", the man scratched a healed by angry looking scar down his left cheek.

"I had hoped that he might not. That he might find peace in this place and be able to put aside the anger inside him", the young woman frowned, her ethereal features clouded for a moment.
The apple on the ground rose up about a foot, and remained there, apparently suspended on an invisible thread as Lysennia exerted her will upon it.

"It would seem he does not share your vision. Like as not he'll sign up with the guard soon enough, and then who knows maybe the rangers. . ."

There was a crackle of violet energy and the apple exploded. Lysennia's face now a picture of fury.

"My brother will not be joining the rangers, if I have any say in it he will not be joining the guards either. He is all I have left of my family, I will not see him put at risk. The burden of avenging our parents falls to me, as the eldest, and I shall see that burden discharged in full so that he never has to".

"Kerudirin, come. It is time we were getting back", she calls out to the boy.

"Awwwww Lyss, do we have to? I was just about to fight the minotaur again. I'll get him this time. You'll see, just watch me"

"No Kerudirin, not now, it's time to go. I'm sure someone else will carry on fighting the monsters while you sleep", she says as she makes her way over to him.

The grim faced ranger watched her go, not liking the feelings of apprehension he had regarding the fates of the two youngsters. . .
Last edited by Lysennia Moonsinger on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"So what next for us? Do we have news of any other tasks suited to rangers as skilled. . .", she steals a glance at Angis smiling, ". . .or as lucky as we are?", she takes another sip of her wine. A little better this time, she must be getting used to the acidity.

There is a brief knock and the door opens. A serving girl walks in. She's pretty in an unassuming way, dressed in clothing that has clearly been much repaired. She bears a heavy tray laden with bread, meat and cheese.

"You must be Alys?" says Lysennia. "Come in and set that down on the table please", she looks pointedly at Bradon and gestures in the direction of the sabre still sticking up from the middle of the table.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis sat up straighter at the sight of the tray of food Alys brought. He raised an eyebrow at Lysennia though.

“Thank’ee, lass,” Angis told Alys, then turned to Lysennia. “Elf, ye’ll get the lass in trouble,” he warned. “An’ I’m fairly certain she ain’t nae play-pretty ye c’n get f’r some coin, if tha’ wot ye’re lookin’ f’r after yer convalescence. If tha’s wot ye want, I c’n ask aroon’ f’r ye.”

He did give Alys’ pert rear an appreciative whack, though, causing the young girl to blush, then tossed her a coin for her trouble before he loaded his plate to heaping. He’d worked up a good appetite.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis sat up straighter at the sight of the tray of food Alys brought. He raised an eyebrow at Lysennia though.

“Thank’ee, lass,” Angis told Alys, then turned to Lysennia. “Elf, ye’ll get the lass in trouble,” he warned. “An’ I’m fairly certain she ain’t nae play-pretty ye c’n get f’r some coin, if tha’ wot ye’re lookin’ f’r after yer convalescence. If tha’s wot ye want, I c’n ask aroon’ f’r ye.”

He did give Alys’ pert rear an appreciative whack, though, causing the young girl to blush, then tossed her a coin for her trouble before he loaded his plate to heaping. He’d worked up a good appetite.
Lysennia looks confused at Angis's comments. "Why would I be getting her in trouble? I merely asked her to set the food down on the table. At least once Bradon had removed that sabre. We'll be lucky not to get charged for damage to the table."
"And what did you mean by a play pretty? I'm not quite sure what . . .", suddenly Lysennia joins the dots in her head and understands the insinuation. She blushes and stammers. "N.n.n.no, that won't be necessary master Dwarf", she replies trying to regain her composure. "Though should I have need of a pretty young man in future, I shall know whom to seek out for advice."

Lysennia flashes the Dwarf a quick smile, arching an eyebrow, then turns to the tray of food and begins stacking a plate.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Danyar was just sitting in the corner observing his companions and listening to their stories and banter.

Maybe I have finally found my own permanent Ranger detachment. A group that I will finally fit in with and excel in my abilities.

"I feel we are something special. I have not seen a detachment compliment each others strengths and weaknesses like we have. Ever since my request to remain after my 1 year obligatory service, I have not been in a set detachment. I finally made Ranger first class last year and finally, I feel as though I fit into a troop. It seems as if for the first couple years, the Rangers try and put you with opposites of your skill set to see how you react and if you work well under certain circumstances. This is my first assignment where everyone seems to be of the same mindset that it is a team effort not just a single hero.

Aronan, it seems we a little in common. I too had a run in with Slavers well actually, these were Pirates who were capturing slaves. I ran across them just inside the Oakwood Forest between Enor and Aradar. A group of 5 pirates was guarding a group of 15 very young girls, they were waiting on a boat to come pick them up. As I approached them, I heard what plans they had for the young girls. When I was a child I would get sick sometimes but, what I heard made me feel worse. I climbed a nice sturdy tree about 20 yards away and let loose with my bow and I dropped 3 of them before they knew what had hit them. I lost total surprise when one of my arrows clipped a branch and went wide. The other 2 were able to dart out of my line of fire and escape before I could get down from the tree and get them. By the time I had freed the girls, gotten them to safety and returned home, word of my deeds had spread. It was maybe a month later I found out that the ship belonged to the Pirate Captain Kody 'The Dog' Mabbott. I also learned he had put a price on my head. My father decided it might be a good idea for me to join the Rangers for a year to learn to take care of myself except, I decided to remain with them. I fully believe in their mission of helping those in need and maintaining peace."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Bradon smiles and pulls the sabre out of the table, sheathing it.

"My apologies," he smiles at the server and takes the tray from her and places it on the table, before taking out a coin to tip her.

"There is no damage there that wasn't there before."
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Trying to ignore the urgings of her rumbling stomach, Lysennia sat on an unoccupied stool and started to slowly eat, rather than gorge on the bread and cheese. Daintily she took nibbles from the bread, slowly eating all of the crust, leaving the soft fluffy inner part until last. The cheese was yellow with a thin rind and a light nutty flavour, it reminded her of some from a small village not far from where her parents house had been. As she ate, she relaxed and listened to Danyar talking.
Danyar wrote:". . .I fully believe in their mission of helping those in need and maintaining peace."
"All well and good Danyar, but does that extend to those from elsewhere? How far afield should our services be offered? Should we assist those in lands far removed from here, or are our services best employed more locally?", the question was valid, and Lysennia was keen to hear what Danyar's opinion was. Where did the rangers stand on conflicts across the land?

"Should the Kal-a-Nar Empire move once again on its southern neighbours would the Rangers answer the call for aid?"
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Lysennia Moonsinger wrote: "All well and good Danyar, but does that extend to those from elsewhere? How far afield should our services be offered? Should we assist those in lands far removed from here, or are our services best employed more locally?", the question was valid, and Lysennia was keen to hear what Danyar's opinion was. Where did the rangers stand on conflicts across the land?

"Should the Kal-a-Nar Empire move once again on its southern neighbours would the Rangers answer the call for aid?"
"How far should we go? That is hard to answer. Our primary responsibility is to the signatories of the Kythos Charter. The Rangers wouldn't be what we are today without the support guaranteed within that charter. Acting as what can be roughly described as a regional Constabulary, our authority doesn't really extend any farther. Now, exceptions do come up, such as the reason we are here. Some will ask for our help, as we maintain a neutral attitude when it comes to politics. So roughly, I would say, we would go far and wide to help if we are needed but, as I said, our primary responsibility is to the members of the Charter.

Now, as for the Kal-A-Nar Empire. The Rangers are not a military force but, if the southern kingdoms went to war against an invasion I believe 1 of several things would happen. First, the Rangers may temporarily disband and all members return to their native lands to fight under their flag. Second, the Rangers may call all members in and form an army to fight alongside the southern kingdoms. This army being neutral, we could easily cross borders and support kingdoms facing a big push from the north. Third and most likely the least probable is, we would remain as we are and maintain peace behind the lines. Stop those of the criminal element from prospering while most able bodied men are away fighting."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Danyar wrote:Now, as for the Kal-A-Nar Empire. The Rangers are not a military force but, if the southern kingdoms went to war against an invasion I believe 1 of several things would happen. First, the Rangers may temporarily disband and all members return to their native lands to fight under their flag. Second, the Rangers may call all members in and form an army to fight alongside the southern kingdoms. This army being neutral, we could easily cross borders and support kingdoms facing a big push from the north. Third and most likely the least probable is, we would remain as we are and maintain peace behind the lines. Stop those of the criminal element from prospering while most able bodied men are away fighting."
"Interesting. I would have thought we would be employed much as we are now. Acting in small groups we should be able to move around fairly freely on the edge of a war zone. People with our skills would probably be better employed in a reconnaissance role, or in carrying important messages between disparate factions. As you say, our reputation for neutrality should allow us free movement across the lands of allied armies mobilizing to meet such a threat".

Lysennia stood and moved closer to the fire. Suddenly the idea of war coming had sent a chill of premonition through her, one she hoped was wrong.

"I suppose a trip to a marketplace might be in order in the next couple of days. There are a few things I could do with acquiring before we are called upon to venture out once more."
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Lysennia Moonsinger wrote: "Interesting. I would have thought we would be employed much as we are now. Acting in small groups we should be able to move around fairly freely on the edge of a war zone. People with our skills would probably be better employed in a reconnaissance role, or in carrying important messages between disparate factions. As you say, our reputation for neutrality should allow us free movement across the lands of allied armies mobilizing to meet such a threat".
"Yes, that could be another possibility. Personally, I think the Rangers should either be disbanded or remain as we are in the event of a war. Use of our organization in any military manner I believe would take away from our reputation as a neutral peacekeeping organization. That is my personal belief. My other suggestions are more of my professional opinions. Also, I would really prefer no war come at all. No one really wins when it comes to war. The suffering, destruction, rebuilding, starvation, disease all come from war and we all feel the effects."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

As discussion tourns to the role of the Rangers in mainland politics Aronan perks up his ears and listens. He knows little of such things but has a desire to learn more. It was Kor's knowledge of how may different peoples handled their conflicts and society that formed his basis for the Way of Kor. It stands to reason that that must continue, despite the protestation of some that we must be eternally locked in the "way" as it was written, with no recognition that its first principle was one of learn from many.

"Forgive my islander ignorance...but if the rangers are neutral peacekeepers. Who monitors the rangers?"
Aronan

Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Aronan wrote:"Forgive my islander ignorance...but if the rangers are neutral peacekeepers. Who monitors the rangers?"
"In a way everyone. Our First Mission is the protection of Innocents against those that would cause them harm, deprive them of that which is lawfully theirs, or infringe upon their natural rights as Living Beings. We abide by the Laws and Policies of all Charter Sovereignties. We will respect the laws of all lands, save where those laws directly and egregiously violate our First Mission.

So basically, if we violate any laws of any country, they can arrest us or file a complaint with the Lord Commander. We have a strict code we follow so besides others watching us, we also monitor ourselves. If we find a Ranger abusing their power or committing a crime we turn them in or report them as soon as possible."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis grinned at Lysennia as she blushed. “Aye, I’ll keep a lookoot f’r any delicate young male elves f’r yeh,” he told her. “Unless an ugly ol’ dwarf turns yer fancy.” He waggled bushy black eyebrows at her.

As talk turned to war, Angis wondered just how much these youngsters knew of such things. Danyar talked a lot. But war had been Angis’ business for several years now since he left his home. Or at least fighting for pay had.

The dwarf stabbed another sausage with his knife and took a big bite, quaffing it with a large drink of ale.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Danyar wrote:So basically, if we violate any laws of any country, they can arrest us or file a complaint with the Lord Commander. We have a strict code we follow so besides others watching us, we also monitor ourselves. If we find a Ranger abusing their power or committing a crime we turn them in or report them as soon as possible."
"Danyar is right Aronan. No man who is cruel, or tainted by darkness may wear the grey. The selection process weeds out the unsuitable candidates. Reasons are found why they are nor promoted to full ranger status, and alternative posts are found, ones where the moral ambiguity in the character will not be laid bare. That way they soon not feel aggrieved when they ate invited to leave. It is said there are a thousand ways to fall short of becoming a ranger, but also that there is no shame in having tried and failed. "

"Then should any ranger fail to meet the standards we set ourselves, they are tried, and usually stripped of their commission before any sentence from a regional court is passed."
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis grinned at Lysennia as she blushed. “Aye, I’ll keep a lookoot f’r any delicate young male elves f’r yeh,” he told her. “Unless an ugly ol’ dwarf turns yer fancy.” He waggled bushy black eyebrows at her.
"Master Ironheart, you have me at a disadvantage. Whilst it is as obvious as night and day when an Eldakar is fair of face, I find myself ill-equipped to judge whether one particular dwarf is uglier than another. I shall have to bow to your greater wisdom and expertise in such matters. As to age, my people tend not to view such things from so narrow a perspective. "
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis chuckled. “Well, I s’pose ye cuild always gae wi’ one o’ the strappin’ young human lads -- or lassies, if tha’s yuir thing,” he said as the pretty waitress returned with more drinks, and a handsome, well-muscled stable hand carried in more wood for the fire. “I’m afraid a dwarf likes a wee bit more stuff t’ ‘old on t’ in a lass than a she-elf provides. Nae offense, lass.”
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote:“I’m afraid a dwarf likes a wee bit more stuff t’ ‘old on t’ in a lass than a she-elf provides. Nae offense, lass.”
"None taken. Each of us has our own tastes, and I'll not be changing just to attract the attention of some man", Lysennia responded gaily. It had been years since she had felt so at ease and so light of heart.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis smiled at the elf sadly. “Och, ye jus’ ain’t found the roight man t’ make ye want t’ change.”

Angis fell back into his cups, growing his usual silent and sullen self again as remembrances claimed him once more.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tieronar sits up, stretching his arms to crack his knuckles.

"I make no secret of disliking the undead. They scare the pants off me. Because I encountered them when I was younger..."

(more to come after work)
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Tieronar wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:40 am Tieronar sits up, stretching his arms to crack his knuckles.

"I make no secret of disliking the undead. They scare the pants off me. Because I encountered them when I was younger..."
"I must confess to some ignorance regarding the creatures of the darkness. Their fiery counterparts have ever been more my concern young Tieronar. Please, tell us what you know of them, and perhaps you too will find some degree of comfort in the telling."
She nods encouragingly to the Brinchie as she sips her wine, it's redness leaving a dark stain on her lips.

"It seems here everyones guard is down a little. Maybe we aren't so different from each other, not deep down."
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

Aronan leans in closely to the tales of fire and darkness. On the island, these things were only whispered about, but it is known the even Kor himself battled them as he travelled the lands.

"I too am interested in these creatures. When we fled the mainland, part of it was in response to the spread of darkness."
Aronan

Return to “Adventure Forum”