09 A Ship at Sea

Ndreare
Savage Siri

09 A Ship at Sea

Post by Ndreare »

A Ship at Sea
As the ship leaves the river port and begins its trip towards the delta the entire crew takes to action. When offered labor by any of the passengers the Captain is more willing to accept with the rather abrasive comment. “I don’t take lazy work, if your work, you work and if not, then get out of the way for those who do.”
The voyage down the river is an easy one and surprisingly fast, several times the ship has to use its anchors, to slow its decent in troubled areas, but the second lieutenant is a skill sorcerer with craft focused on spells for sailing.
The trip of over 100 miles takes less than 5 hours and by the time the sun reaches its zenith the Fair Treader is more than 40 miles from the coast.
Unfortunately such things are not always pleasant, as the toss of the small ship causes many of you to wish for solid land under your feet. Apparently dwarves are not the only ones who belong on land.
Seasickness!
Each of you must make a Vigor roll or suffer from seasickness and 1 Fatigue for 1d4 days as you acclimate. You may choose to fail this to gain a Benny.

Aranon does not experience seasickness and does not gain a benny.

Angis suffers a -4 to this roll.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 09 A Ship at Sea

Post by Angis Ironheart »

Notice 3
Notice = 2
Wild = 3

Angis lurched up in the darkness with a gasp and cry of fright. He snatched up his axe, swinging it about with a shout of anger. “Come at me, ye bluidy gnolls! I’ll fell ever’ last one o’ ye!” He fought some unseen battle in the past before he belched, and then lurched to the bucket, emptying out his stomach.

Angis shook his head, trying to clear the shadows of nightmare. “Wot the bluidy ‘ell?” Dwarves didn’t get sick from drink. Poison, perhaps? He tried to stand, but the ground lurched under his feet, and he fell into the wall. It was damp wood.

“Where the bluidy ‘ells am I?” He staggered toward what looked like steep stairs heading up, the ground swaying and rocking. Was he still poisoned?

Dragging himself up the ladder, Angis threw open a hatch and his beady mismatched eyes blinked against blinding sunlight.

He got sick again, down the ladder, clinging on for dear life.

Wiping the sick from his beard, Angis clambered up the stairs and onto the deck of a ship. His eyes widened as he turned, looking all around at absolute blue nothingness.

“ARRRGGGH! YOU MOTHER SHAGGIN’ SONS O’ ‘ORES! WOT DID YE DAE? WHERE ARE WE? WE’RE ALL GAEIN’ T’ DIE!”

His tirade of colorful dwarven curses ended as he fell to his knees and vomited once again. Scrambling on hands and knees, Angis reached the mainmast, clutching it for dear life, eyes squeezed shut as he prayed to the Ascended.

Actions
Move:
Action:
Conditions
Armor 4 vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
-1 Wound (Ignored, Improved Nerves of Steel)
-1 Fatigue
Bennies: 4/3 +1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
  • Spirit of the Ancestors: Play this card to gain +2 on Vigor rolls for the rest of the scene; if played by a Dwarf, your Vigor Dice goes up by one as well for the scene.
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

OOC Comments
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild[dice]1[/dice]
Despite his inexperience on the water, Tieronar finds that he likes being at sea.

"This is nice," he says to Danyar as the boat lurches under them, "It reminds me of travelling with the Caravan as a child. Being in the wagons during a storm was like this."

For the next several days, the Brinchie occupies his time helping out as he can.

"Ropework. Hauling. Cleaning. Making repairs," he says to the Captain, "That was my life for years. Everyone participates or nothing gets done. Where can I help?"
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Notice
Notice[dice]0[/dice]
Wild[dice]1[/dice]
Sea Legs
Sea Legs[dice]2[/dice]
Wild[dice]3[/dice]
Explosion
Explosion[dice]4[/dice]
"Yes, this is exciting. The rolling of the ship, the spray coming up over the bow. I'm glad you are enjoying it Tieronar however, please be careful with moving around, the ship could lurch at almost any time." Danyar smiles at the young Branchie. How it must feel to be so young and full of excitement. I envy how he must be feeling right now.

As the ship travels, Danyar will remain watchful of the surroundings and the crew as something doesn't feel right.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger »

Seasickness
Vigor Check - [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die - [dice]1[/dice]
Having travelled many times on watercraft of all shapes and sizes, Lysennia finds little difficulty adapting to the roll of the ship on the swell. Indeed most of her companions seem to have fairly good sea legs. Aronan, as befitted his heritage seemed most at home, but sadly Angis seemed to be the one suffering most severely. It would be better for everyone if the cantankerous dwarf were not constantly vomiting. If his mood did not improve soon then she feared they might never drag him aboard another ship again.

With that thought firmly lodged in her head Lysennia pops down to the cabin and starts sorting through the supplies provided by Asmirath. It should be relatively simple to make a herbal tisane which would calm his nausea, and hopefully subsequently improve his mood.

"A little of this. . . maybe some of that. . . oh, and I mustn't forget this. . .", she murmurs to herself as she adds the various ingredients to a pot of water. "Too much perhaps?", she ponders looking at the pot she has just grated a little ginger root into.
Healing Roll
Healing - [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die - [dice]3[/dice], Ace - [dice]4[/dice], +2 (Healer Edge), +2 Healing Kit, Total = 13
"No, perhaps not too much after all", she muses thinking of the dwarf's legendary constitution. Her brow furrows and she adds another quick grate of ginger and a few more peppermint leaves, which she first grinds to a powder.

"There that should do it. Hopefully if he's feeling better it will take his mind off quite how much he hates boats"
She tidies away her equipment neatly, and pouring the tisane into a small tankard, sets off in search of the least enthusiastic seafarer.
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 15
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

When Lyssenia found Angis, the dwarf had stolen some rope and tied himself securely to the mainmast, as far from the water as he could possibly get. He had a bucket clutched between his thighs nearly full with vomit and urine. The crew seemed to be giving the dwarf a wide berth, particularly since he snapped at them to bring him to land right now!

Angis glared up as Lysennia approached. “Wos this ye’re daein’, elf?” he asked. “Ye intend t’ throw me over an’ be rid o’ me?” He groaned and fought down another surge of seasickness. “I cannae even ‘ave a drink!” He stared forlornly at an untouched flask nearby.

Actions
Move:
Action:
Conditions
-1 Fatigue for [dice]2[/dice] days
Bennies: 6/3 +1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
  • Spirit of the Ancestors: Play this card to gain +2 on Vigor rolls for the rest of the scene; if played by a Dwarf, your Vigor Dice goes up by one as well for the scene.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote: Angis glared up as Lysennia approached. “Wos this ye’re daein’, elf?” he asked. “Ye intend t’ throw me over an’ be rid o’ me?” He groaned and fought down another surge of seasickness. “I cannae even ‘ave a drink!” He stared forlornly at an untouched flask nearby.
"So, have you done with all the wallowing in self-pity, or should I come back later?" she asks the wretched looking Dwarf. She immediately decides sympathy isn't the right tack to take with him.
"I have something here that should make you feel a good deal better, if you can stop taking your indisposition out on the crew. They're only trying to do their job, and you've terrorized half of them so badly that they won't come anywhere near you"
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Angis glared at the she-elf. “I’m on a boot!” he said. “Mere feet from dyin’ in a way nae guid dwarf shuild! A dwarf shuild settle in th’arms o’ Danrak th’Ascended! I cannae swim. I’ll sink faster’n tha’ anchor! I dunnae fear death in battle, but ‘tis nae honor in a drownin’.”

Complaint filed, Angis sank back sullenly. “Wot ‘ave ye got, elf?” he asked. He lurched for the bucket again, but for the moment it seemed he had nothing left to vomit up, and he sank back against the mainmast wearily once more. “Wot is this bluidy malady? I’ve ne’er felt this bad, even after drinkin’ an ogre under the table.”

Actions
Move:
Action:
Conditions
-1 Fatigue for 3 days
Adventure Card
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis glared at the she-elf. “I’m on a boot!” he said. “Mere feet from dyin’ in a way nae guid dwarf shuild! A dwarf shuild settle in th’arms o’ Danrak th’Ascended! I cannae swim. I’ll sink faster’n tha’ anchor! I dunnae fear death in battle, but ‘tis nae honor in a drownin’.”

Complaint filed, Angis sank back sullenly. “Wot ‘ave ye got, elf?” he asked. He lurched for the bucket again, but for the moment it seemed he had nothing left to vomit up, and he sank back against the mainmast wearily once more. “Wot is this bluidy malady? I’ve ne’er felt this bad, even after drinkin’ an ogre under the table.”

"Really Angis? You don't feel you're being a little melodramatic about this? Yes you're on a boat. No you're no closer to dying than at any other time in recent memory, and as for swimming, if you are really that worried about it, then I shouldn't do it if I were you", Lysennia dispassionately ticks off the Dwarf's complaints one after the other.

"Now, if you've quite finished, I need to to drink this, right now, no arguments", she says holding out the tankard containing the herbal infusion.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Notice 5
OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]
He let Lysennia deal with Angis as he helped out as best he could around the ship. Whilst he was not a career seaman, he was a quick study and able to provide an extra set of hands, even volunteering for duty in the crow’s nest.
With access around the ship, he tried to get a feel for what was onboard, listening to the crew and where he wasn’t supposed to go. He let Tieronar and Angis provide distractions.

Streetwise 4
OOC Comments
Lysennia is blatantly in charge of the party
Streetwise [dice]2[/dice]
Wild dice [dice]3[/dice]
Laura Reis
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Laura Reis »

Seasickness:
Vigor: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Laura walks around very excited to be on the boat. A little ways into the journey she becomes very unsure about her decision as she begins to become more pale than before.
Not feeling so well she runs to the side of the boat and empties her stomach over the railing.

"Oh my. How can something so beautiful make me feel so awful." She curls up on the ground next to the railing. Every so often leaning over just to vomit again.
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 2
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Angis took the tankard and eyed the concoction Lysennia handed to him. “Wot is it, elf? Ye tryin’ t’ poison me, too?”

But her stern look actually made him cower slightly. He muttered something in dwarvish about pushy she-elves, added a good dose of dwarven whiskey from his flask to the concoction, and downed it in one gulp.

“Danrak below, but tha’ was awful!” he gasped, shoving the tankard back at Lyssenia.

Actions
Move:
Action:
Conditions
-1 Fatigue for 3 days
Adventure Card
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote: Angis took the tankard and eyed the concoction Lysennia handed to him. “Wot is it, elf? Ye tryin’ t’ poison me, too?”

But her stern look actually made him cower slightly. He muttered something in dwarvish about pushy she-elves, added a good dose of dwarven whiskey from his flask to the concoction, and downed it in one gulp.

“Danrak below, but tha’ was awful!” he gasped, shoving the tankard back at Lyssenia.
Lysennia raises her eyebrows, at the dwarf's comment about 'pushy she-elves'. She wouldn't call herself fluent in Dwarvish, but she understands a good deal more than most realise.

"If it tasted good, you'd have me making it all the time for you. This way you'll only want it when you feel genuinely sick", replies Lysennia, watching approvingly as the Dwarf drinks the tisane. The fact that he added the whiskey first reassured her that he was not in fact suffering too badly, no matter what his protestations.

"That should settle your stomach until we make landfall. Do try and be a little less prickly in the meantime. I know you don't want to be here, but we need t make the best of a bad lot. I think Aronan is the only one feeling truly at home at the moment, but I don't doubt he would feel as uncomfortable as I were we to descend into the Dwarven Halls beneath the Black Mountains. Being unable to see the sky above you whenever you choose is unthinkable", she shakes her head at the thought.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis gave Lysennia a sad smile. “Och, elf, noo ye’re jus’ tryin’ t’ make me ‘omesick on top o’ it all. Ye obviously ain’t ne’er visited the great halls, then, wi’ their ceilings vaulted intae darkness even beyond a dwarf’s vision, an’ studded wi’ diamonds like the stars above.”
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis gave Lysennia a sad smile. “Och, elf, noo ye’re jus’ tryin’ t’ make me ‘omesick on top o’ it all. Ye obviously ain’t ne’er visited the great halls, then, wi’ their ceilings vaulted intae darkness even beyond a dwarf’s vision, an’ studded wi’ diamonds like the stars above.”
"Then perhaps one day I shall be the one to put aside my discomfort and you may show them to me".
Laura Reis wrote:Laura walks around very excited to be on the boat. A little ways into the journey she becomes very unsure about her decision as she begins to become more pale than before.
Not feeling so well she runs to the side of the boat and empties her stomach over the railing.
"Oh dear, it looks like I shall be needing some more of that", she says, taking the mug from Angis and retiring to brew some more of the seasickness draught.
Laura Reis wrote:"Oh my. How can something so beautiful make me feel so awful." She curls up on the ground next to the railing. Every so often leaning over just to vomit again.
Lysennia soon returns with more of the brew. Learning from her mistakes with the first batch she makes it more concentrated, requiring a smaller dose, and offsets the increased bitterness with a little honey.
"Here, drink this, I promise it'll help", she says to the wretched looking Laura.
Lysennia Moonsinger

Update Signature
Laura Reis
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Laura Reis »

Laura eagerly takes the concoction handed to her. "Thanks, I feel i could just die." Upon finishing the drink she fights the urge to vomit again and makes her way to a cot and lays down to rest what she can of the journey.
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis looked a bit sad and looked away from Lysennia. “Och, lass, I’m afraid I’m no’ able t’ gae back ‘ome,” he told her. “But I dae ‘ope ye c’n see the Grand ‘all sometime.” His eyes were a bit misty when he looked back.

Then the ship lurched, and he grabbed his bucket. But her concoction seemed to be working, since he didn’t vomit.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Krozog

Post by Krozog »

Seasick
Krozog is Seasick and I will take the extra benny
Days Seasick: [dice]2[/dice]

Vigor roll just to see how well he handles being seasick
Vigor: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Krozog spends the trip down the river in bed, moaning and being sick. Anyone passing near his room would likely hear him beseech Archanon, "Arr-Kah-Non, Krozog sick. Help Krozog!"'
Other likely comments:
"Krozog not like boat."
"Krozog want off boat!"
"Krozog always listen to Arr-kah-non, but not get on boat again."

As the Wild Treader nears the coast, Krozog recovers from his seasickness enough to leave his bed.

"Krozog hungry." Krozog thinks as he heads towards the deck. He approaches the Captain and asks, "Krozog hungry. Captain man have food?

Krozog greets anyone he passes who is not a member of the crew by saying, "Hello. Arr-kah-non send Krozog to boat. You Arr-kah-non's friend?"
OOC Comments
He literally says this verbatim the first time any PC speaks to him/passes him that he hasn't met yet.
Krozog, Paladin of Light
Krozog, Ogre Paladin
Pace: 7; Parry: 8(2)
Toughness: 10(0)
  • +2 vs Ranged
  • +2 vs Creatures of Darkness and Flame and their servants.
  • +1 vs damage causing arcane powers.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Bad Eyes: Ogres suffer a -2 on all Trait rolls dealing with anything more than 5” away.
    Battle Hardened: +2 to Soak rolls.
    Big Target: Attackers gain +1 to attack rolls made against Ogres.
    Champion: +2 to damage and +2 to Toughness vs Supernaturally Evil creatures.
    Magical Resistance: +1 Armor vs Damaging magic, +1 to resist opposed magic (friendly spells subtract this modifier)
    Reach: Ogres have Reach 1
    Size +2: Ogres are Size+2
    Thermal Vision: Ogres have the Infravision Monstrous Ability
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Essence: 5/10
Bennies: 0/3
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Angis, tied to the mainmast, started when the big ogre wandered around on deck. “Bluidy Ascended, ye’re a big one!” he exclaimed. He eyed the beast warily. Dwarves and goblinoids often didn’t get along, though as a mercenary he’d fought with his fair share. He never really liked it. Undisciplined lot, though good fighters.

Angis narrowed his eyes. Archanon? Was this ogre one of those bloody zealots from the Church?

Actions
Move:
Action:
Conditions
-1 Fatigue for 3 days
Bennies: 5/3 +1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Krozog

Post by Krozog »

Angis Ironheart wrote:
Angis, tied to the mainmast, started when the big ogre wandered around on deck. “Bluidy Ascended, ye’re a big one!” he exclaimed. He eyed the beast warily. Dwarves and goblinoids often didn’t get along, though as a mercenary he’d fought with his fair share. He never really liked it. Undisciplined lot, though good fighters.

Angis narrowed his eyes. Archanon? Was this ogre one of those bloody zealots from the Church?

Conditions
-1 Fatigue for 3 days
Bennies: 5/3 +1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Noticing the Dwarf
Notice: [dice]0[/dice] smell
Wild: [dice]1[/dice] smell
Edit: I forgot in this post I'm seasick, but I'm not in #10. Whoops :D. Luckily, Krozog still smells Angis.
Krozog stops and looks around confusedly when he hears the gruff voice. "What? Where that come from?" Krozog thinks in confusion as he looks about from his tall vantage point, "Krozog not see anyone."

Krozog inhales and nearly chokes on the horrid stench of sweat, vomit and urine (all laced with booze and also a faint, surprisingly pleasant herbal aroma) coming from the main mast. He looks over and sees a small but stocky short man tied up. "Oh, no! Little smelly man, who tied you up? Krozog help you!"

Krozog stomps over to the mast and squats down to get closer to the little smelly man's position and reaches toward's the ropes.
Krozog, Paladin of Light
Krozog, Ogre Paladin
  • +2 vs Ranged
  • Bad Eyes: Ogres suffer a -2 on all Trait rolls dealing with anything more than 5” away.
    Magical Resistance: +1 Armor vs Damaging magic, +1 to resist opposed magic (friendly spells subtract this modifier)
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Krozog wrote: Krozog inhales and nearly chokes on the horrid stench of sweat, vomit and urine (all laced with booze and also a faint, surprisingly pleasant herbal aroma) coming from the main mast. He looks over and sees a small but stocky short man tied up. "Oh, no! Little smelly man, who tied you up? Krozog help you!"
Krozog stomps over to the mast and squats down to get closer to the little smelly man's position and reaches toward's the ropes.
Danyar watches the Big guy with some mild amusement until, he reaches for the ropes holding Angis to the mast.

"Hey, Big Guy. I wouldn't untie those ropes. They are the only thing helping him feel safe and keeping the rest of the ship somewhat clean. Trust me, he is a traveling companion of mine and it is for the best for all of us to keep him tied up. Especially while we are away from shore and moving."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Bradon looked up from where he was working

"He tied himself to the mast. Only way he feels safe. I'd keep your distance if I was you. He does not travel well," he explains to the ogre, "it looks strange, but safest for everyone."
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis snatched up one of his axes as the big, dumb ogre lumbered over and threatened to release him from his bonds.

“I will cut ye if ye touch those ropes!” the surly dwarf warned, glaring at the ogre. “An’ I ain’t little! I’m stout!”
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Krozog

Post by Krozog »

Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis snatched up one of his axes as the big, dumb ogre lumbered over and threatened to release him from his bonds.

“I will cut ye if ye touch those ropes!” the surly dwarf warned, glaring at the ogre. “An’ I ain’t little! I’m stout!”
Krozog yelps - which sounds closer to a slightly high pitched roar - when the dwarf brandishes his axe and threatens him. Krozog falls backwards from his crouched position with a loud thud and quickly crab crawls away - terrified of Angis - and whimpers, "Krozog sorry! Not hurt Krozog, smelly, staah-out man! Krozog not untie rope. Promise!"
Danyar wrote:
Danyar watches the Big guy with some mild amusement until, he reaches for the ropes holding Angis to the mast.

"Hey, Big Guy. I wouldn't untie those ropes. They are the only thing helping him feel safe and keeping the rest of the ship somewhat clean. Trust me, he is a traveling companion of mine and it is for the best for all of us to keep him tied up. Especially while we are away from shore and moving."
Bradon wrote:Bradon looked up from where he was working

"He tied himself to the mast. Only way he feels safe. I'd keep your distance if I was you. He does not travel well," he explains to the ogre, "it looks strange, but safest for everyone."
Krozog, still scared, looks between the two humans confusedly and asks, "Smelly, staah-out man not hurt Krozog? Krozog sorry! Want to help!"
Krozog, Paladin of Light
Krozog, Ogre Paladin
  • +2 vs Ranged
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Angis gave Krozog a warning look, but lowered his axe, making no more threats as he settled down, grumpy and sick, against the mast. At least he wasn’t vomiting anymore, just tired. He took a long drink of dwarven whiskey from his flask and groaned, thumping his head back against the mast.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card

Return to “Adventure Forum”