10 A Black Ship Spotted

Laura Reis
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: 10 A Black Ship Spotted

Post by Laura Reis »

Laura looks around in shock as she determines the boat is made of magic.
"Umm...guys. This ship isn't going to last. I would suggest we point this think at the closest bit of land before it goes. Unless Lyss has anyway to keep us afloat?"

Seeing the changes in the lich also makes her stomach a bit uneasy. How do they process all of this. Most of these guys don't even seem that phased. I do not know if I have the fortitude to even pretend all is well.
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Rolls carried

"Well let's make a decision and get out of here. This ship is only going to get worse and nobody will want to let us dock."
Krozog

Post by Krozog »

Angis Ironheart wrote: Angis sighed and rolled his eyes at the sobbing ogre. He walked over and put a hand on the behemoth’s large shoulder.

“Nae real ‘arm done, lad,” he told Krozog. “Nae use t’ shed tears o’er it. Dae better next time. Noo up an’ ‘elp us gae through this storage. Found some nice loot.”
Hearing Angis's kind words, Krozog stops wailing and blows his nose on his unsoiled shirt sleeve. Smiling he looks at Angis and says, "Thank you! You Ayn-gus? Krozog hear others call you dorf and Ayn-gus. Krozog was scared of Ayn-gus, but you are nice dorf! Krozog do better next time."

Krozog gets up, still sniffling a little bit, and avoids looking at directly at Lysennia. He follows the dwarf to look for the loot within the bowels of the ship.
Angis Ironheart wrote: Angis found some kind of good luck talisman that he slipped over his neck. “I’ve no’ found any food ‘r water yet. We may need t’ be on the lookout f’r land soon t’ resupply. We cuild prob’ly boil some seawater f’r drinkin’ if we make a fire. An’ we shuild think aboot cleansin’ this ship, if ‘tis possible, o’ the evil taint.”
As the unlikely duo poke through the the hold and sift through storage areas, Krozog helps Angis find various useful items and puts the best to the side for easy retrieval.

Krozog sees Angis put a necklace on and shouts excitably, "Look Ayn-gus! Krozog find shiny necklace too! Hahaha, Krozog and Ayngus have friendship necklaces!"

Finished with rumaging about, Krozog returns to the deck to see if he can help with anything else.
Krozog, Paladin of Light
Krozog, Ogre Paladin
Pace: 7; Parry: 8(2)
Toughness: 10(0)
  • +2 vs Ranged
  • +2 vs Creatures of Darkness and Flame and their servants.
  • +1 vs damage causing arcane powers.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Bad Eyes: Ogres suffer a -2 on all Trait rolls dealing with anything more than 5” away.
    Battle Hardened: +2 to Soak rolls.
    Big Target: Attackers gain +1 to attack rolls made against Ogres.
    Champion: +2 to damage and +2 to Toughness vs Supernaturally Evil creatures.
    Magical Resistance: +1 Armor vs Damaging magic, +1 to resist opposed magic (friendly spells subtract this modifier)
    Reach: Ogres have Reach 1
    Size +2: Ogres are Size+2
    Thermal Vision: Ogres have the Infravision Monstrous Ability
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Essence: 5/10
Bennies: 0/3
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

With little to do but make best time for the nearest port Aronan busies himself with helping the crew while the others search the hold for anything that might redeem this venture. For himself, he has little need of material goods but each of these sailors depending on plying the seas for their livelihood and, no doubt, their Captain had sacrificed much to have his own ship. While it was better to be alive than eternally damned to the service of undeath dying of starvation wasn't much better.

When an opportune moment strikes, Aronan takes his concerns to the rest of the group. "I fear we have cost this crew a great deal. Is there anything of value we can give to them for compensation? Or, perhaps we should send word to the King and Queen that we are in the debt of this Captain and his sailors."
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tieronar nervously paces the deck, watching the dark seas around the deteriorating ship.

"So, I'll ask the same question. How far is it to land?"

The Brinchie starts looking around at what parts of the ship are actually real.

"Can we begin to make a raft? Or something to keep us afloat? By my Grandmother's beard, we need to think of a way to get out of this!"

Tier marches downstairs to look at the hold before coming back up again.

"I can't just stand here and do nothing!"

Tier begins gathering up whatever crates and wood he can find.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Tier is able to find hundreds of neatly packed crates in the hold that can easily be dumped of their skeletal contents, and the glass removed to allow using the wood.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

After clearing the forward hold area of these retched skeleton boxes, I pause to catch my breath. My companions should come down to help or, maybe I should just go recruit some help to clear the holds. I hope there are crates of supplies aft, nothing up front except those death crates.

After walking down the hall I notice Tieronar looking at another large stash of crates.

"Oh good Tieronar, I have thrown dozens of those overboard already. With two of us working at it, I'm sure we can finish tossing these overboard before they awake and attack us. I don't want us to get caught off guard with a surprise attack from within this ship, especially since our other vessel has sunk."
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart »

Notice 8
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]

Angis yanked his foot out of the rotten deck and looked at Krozog, shaking his head. “Sure. Friendship necklaces,” he muttered.

Rejoining the others on deck, Angis said, “I agree. Let’s get off this Ascended-damned ocean an’ on some guid, solid land!”

Actions
Conditions
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee 12 (3)/Ranged 14 (5)
Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Unstable Platform -2 (ranged)
-1 Fatigue for 3 days (Day 2)
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 2/3)
Shield Essence: 2/4
Bennies: 6/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
  • Spirit of the Ancestors: Play this card to gain +2 on Vigor rolls for the rest of the scene; if played by a Dwarf, your Vigor Dice goes up by one as well for the scene.
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

rolls carried

Bradon sees what they are doing and curses. Fools he thought, as he continued to sail the ship.

"Stop throwing those off the ship," Bradon shouts at them, "especially as we are not too far from where the Liche was. All you doing is giving him back the ability to rebuild his crew . Either we get a lot further away or we bury them on land. "
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Bradon wrote:rolls carried

Bradon sees what they are doing and curses. Fools he thought, as he continued to sail the ship.

"Stop throwing those off the ship," Bradon shouts at them, "especially as we are not too far from where the Liche was. All you doing is giving him back the ability to rebuild his crew . Either we get a lot further away or we bury them on land. "

"Are you sure they aren't already under his control? He turned himself into a sea monster and could at this very moment be under our ship summoning them to attack. My thought is with them off the ship, we stand a chance then if they were on the ship and trying to sink it. Burying them on land would just make it possible for them to be dug up.

I'm not an expert on these matters for sure but, I think finding skeletons at the bottom of the sea would be harder than finding them in graves.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

Ignored about compensating the sailors, Aronan joins in the argument about the skeletal remains. Of course he has nothing to contribute but at least tries to broker peace, "Bury at sea or on land. Is there anyway to be sure, this is our last chance to gain landfall. It would be wise to make a good judgement."

Moving to the side of the ship he peers overboard for any sign of the lich-turned-karaken.

Our journey has not begun well. May the spirit of Kor be with us.
Notice
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Aronan

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tier begins carrying the boxes to the deck.

"Do we...umm...smash the skulls first or something? This is the only good wood we have...."
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

"I guess we save the wood. Open up the crates, smash the bones and toss them overboard. The good wood we will make some sort of a craft out of and hope for the best."

I sure hope they know what they are talking about. I know nothing about the rising dead and hopefully, will never have to deal with them again.

As I work to open the crates and dispose of the skeletons, I ponder the dead.

I have never faced them before and never really heard about them. Maybe as we travel, I cna pick the minds of those who have knowledge on this subject and the next town we get to, buy a book about them. I have a feeling this won't be the last time we face these roving dead creatures and for some reason, I feel there may be a variety fo them, not jsut skeletons. That Dwarf. What did someone say...a Lich? What exactly is a lich? Obviously someone with great power but, what else can they do and how do we dispose of them? There is so much that needs to be found out.

I continue to work until all crates are opened and all skeletons are disposed of.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As soon as you touch the crate intending to open it, the crate springs open along with the four crates nearest it.
The skeletons within spring out ready for battle and attack the nearest living beings.
It takes the adventurers less than a minute to put the skeletons down, somehow without harm. But you realize to continue opening them would bring great risk.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Krozog

Post by Krozog »

Notice
Notice: [dice]0[/dice] (Possible modifiers: +2 for smell, -2 if further than 5")
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Krozog returns to the deck with Angis where he sees several individuals retrieving boxes of skeletons from inside the ship. He decides to help get them, and is about to go get a couple boxes himself when several skeletons jump out of their boxes!

Krozog runs over to the nearest one and literally rips its head off, throws it to the ground, and uses his massive size and weight to crush the skull. He yells, "Nooo! Skeletons bad. Krozog not want you to open boxes."

With that, Krozog turns about looking for some source of wood which is still sturdy, yet also not corrupted by the foul magics of Darkness.
Krozog, Paladin of Light
Krozog, Ogre Paladin
  • +2 vs Ranged
  • Bad Eyes: Ogres suffer a -2 on all Trait rolls dealing with anything more than 5” away.
    Magical Resistance: +1 Armor vs Damaging magic, +1 to resist opposed magic (friendly spells subtract this modifier)
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 11
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Angis finished hacking at the skeletons that had escaped and kicked the remains over the rail. “Well, that decides that,” the dwarf grunted. “They’re still active. We cannae bring ‘em t’ shore. Let the lich search the damn ocean f’r ‘is precious bones, I say. Keep ‘im busy an’ off o’ us.” He hefted the next crate overboard.

“Cap’n, ‘ow far ‘til we reach land an’ get off this cursed thing?” He looked over the rail at the ocean and backed up quickly, paling.

Actions
Conditions
Bennies: 4/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
  • Ceynara’s Blade: Play during combat with the forces of Flame. The character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage, until the end of the combat.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As the crew and the heroes begin taking inventory they find that things are not well at all. While there is enough weapons and armor for a score of men, there is nothing truly useful.

After the crew and the the Captain look iver the ship the answers to your questions are dire. “Th' shore be only a day away. But we shall nah make it. This ship be lootin' on water 'n will be sink in half that time.” Then he commands the men to raise a white flag hoping for help, but the only white cloth to be found is so heavily stained with blood he does not think it will work.

Looking around the deck at the heroe he asks. “Do any o' ye 'ave ideas” Then before he is even finished speaking the words Ship Hoe can be heard yelled from above. A ship has spotted this ship, but it appears they are preparing as if to attack.

Player Instructions: What would you like to do? The Captain and the crew are under your command, the ship approaching is a Southern military Frigate for patrolling the waters and keeping it safe.

Include a post where you name at least one crew member on the ship that saves you as they take you to Dock. Then take a benny.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

OOC Comments
Notice
[dice]1d6/Dice]
[Dice]1d6[/dice]

What do we notice about the approcahing ship?

WHY do we think its coming to attack?
Tieronar looks at the approaching ship.

"Well, look at it this way. If it's not another undead boat, we should a chance at getting to shore alive."

He turns to the rest of the companions and crew.

"I think if they are planning on attacking us, we should prepare to simply board and overtake them."

The Brinchie gathers up some ropes and begins tying on whatever hooks he can find.
+ 1 Golden Benny
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan »

As the frigate nears Aronan is relieved that they spot the white flag and move to intercept but not attack. No doubt the crew would be wary but the tale the group told, and the fact none of them were undead, made them believable enough. On board, the wanderer is pleased to see a fellow Korindian among the crew. While he could just be another wanderer he could also be an outcast or criminal, however, Aronan cared little. A small taste of home was welcome, even if it proved to be bitter-sweet. Approaching the Korindian Aronan can see he is weather beaten from a long service at sea, exotic tattoos cover his skin, and to Aronan's surprise a knife scabbard sticks from the man's belt. Perhaps he no longer follows the way of Kor.

Spotting Aronan's curiosity the man moves with ferocious quickness, drawing his knife and bringing it close to Aronan's face. With equal speed Aronan steps away from the blow but not before noticing the blade is made of sharpened bone. Smiling he realizes this was the rough and tumble way to show a commitment to Kor, even out here in the unsavory world of the sea.

"Well met," Aronan says with a nod.

"May your footsteps follow the way of Kor," replies the sailors in a customary manner. "My name is Libor. What news of the island?"

Aronan shakes his head, "I have been wandering these many months and have little news from home. And you?"

Shaking his head, Libor also looks downcast, "I've have been at seas longer than your years I think. No ships go to Korindia to trade, because our kind don't accept coin!"

Aronan gives a chuckle at the response and nods, "Well then two wanderers such as ourselves must share news of other places then." Sitting down with Libor, Aronan tells him - leaving out some details of their adventures so far while Libor regales him with tales of the seas and exotic ports of call.
Aronan

Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 7
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 2
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“Oh, bluidy ‘ell,” Angis mutters as the ship looks like it’s about to attack. He quickly grasps at his belt and undoes his lower armor, then yanks off his breeches.

“Lassies, ye moight want t’ look away,” Angis warned Laura and Lysennia. Then he yanked off his undershorts. Swinging free in the breeze, Angis tossed the undergarment to one of the sailors. “Run tha’ up yer pole f’r yer white flag,” he instructed. “Wot? Ye ain’t ne’er seen a dwarf dangle? Bah!”

The trick seemed to work, as the other ship stood down. Angis retrieved his undershorts and pulled on his pants and lower armor again as the Southern warship pulled along beside them. Pale and shaking, he managed to clamber over the small stretch of water between them.

“Well, this is an unusual sight,” said a female sailor who helped Angis over the rail, grabbing his belt and heaving his bulk. “A dwarf at sea? And an ugly one at that!”

“Bah!” Angis said, straightening his armor indignantly. “Ye ain’t a sight f’r sore eyes, either, lassie! Ye’re tae tall an’ skinny, though I’ll admit yeh got the proper flotation devices.”

The dark-haired human woman grinned. In fact, she was quite attractive for a human, lithe and buxom, with raven hair and blue eyes and a ready smile.

“I see ye noticed!” she said with a laugh. “Rexi Ravenswood,” she introduced herself, offering her hand, strong and calloused from ship work.

“Ye got ale?” Angis asked.

“Even better,” Rexi said, hooking her thumbs in the belt that held the cutlass at her side. “Rum!”

Angis considered. “It’ll dae.”

Actions
Conditions
Bennies: 4/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
  • Ceynara’s Blade: Play during combat with the forces of Flame. The character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage, until the end of the combat.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

notice
Notice[dice]0[/dice]
Wild[dice]1[/dice]
Upon hearing the words of an approaching ship, I head to the side facing the oncoming ship. With not much cover available, I kneel behind the wall and place a dozen arrows against it, ready for me to grab and fire as they approach. Just as I place my last arrow, I look over and see Angis starting to strip. "Angis, with or without armor your going to sink, now get dressed"

I watch him remove all clothing waist down then hand the nastiest looking shorts (have to remember, he was tied to the mast for a couple days) to a crew member to raise as a white (and that's pushing it) flag. "Nice idea Angis, couple more days and that would have been a brown flag"

Still, with the flag of truce flying, I ready to unleash a hail of arrows at the oncoming ship. As the ship gets closer, I notice the sailors starting to stand down. Our Captain shouts across and tells the story of our predicament and they agree to let us aboard. I gather up my arrows, un-sling my bow and jump across to the other ship. As I land however, I bump one of the other sailors.

"My apologies, not use to jumping from ship to ship" The Sailor turns towards me and has a look of irritation about him for a minute. He notices my clothing and his annoyance eases a little.

"I see your a Ranger. I fully understand your lack of shipboard abilities then I guess I can let it pass. My name is Trylon, I'm from the city of Aradar" As he mentions where he is from, my eyes light up a bit and I feel much more confident of our situation now. "My name is Danyar and Aradar, really? I'm from Enor, this is quite a meeting. Have you been home to our lands recently?

The conversation continues on for several hours as the two individuals catch up on news of their lands and get to know one another. By the time the ship docks on land, they will have become good friends.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

As tensions lessen, Tieronar casts a glance towards Angis and his state of undress.

"Trust me, Angis, nobody here is frightened or bothered by your manhood. Though I must admit that your netherbeard is quite impressive."

The Brinchie grins, relieved that there might be an end to this seafaring nightmare.
+ 1 Golden Benny
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]

"Another ship,” Bradon’s face looked hopeful and delighted. He remembers that he is wearing a white shirt under his armour

“Take the wheel,” he shouts to the captain, who rushes over as Bradon begins to pulls off his armour before seeing Angis has done the same and is waving his underwear around. So glad I am up here away from the smell.

As the ship approached

WIP
Krozog

Post by Krozog »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 (+2 Smell, -2 to see if further than 5")
Wild: 1d6+2
Krozog sees Angis removing his undergarments and covers his eyes yelling, "Anigs! Priests say good boys keep clothes on!"

It works though, and the new ship stands down and moves in closer while Angis retrieves his underpants. Krozog walks to the rail to watch the ship move over. Once the ships are beside one another, Krozog helps move things from one ship to the other. Then he abandon's ship, too.

During the initial confusion of taking on and settling so many new passengers mid-voyage, Krozog spots something unexpected. There is a man aboard wearing the cloth of Arcchanon! Krozog immediately claps his hands and shouts, "Arr-kah-non provides!"

Krozog runs over to the man and grabs his hand and shakes it and says, "Krozog paladin of Arr-kah-non! Krozog and friends in trouble, but Krozog know Arr-kah-non send help!"

The old man is clearly intimidated by the huge ogre, but he manages a weak smile and says, "A paladin of the light? How extraordinary. Of course you are, son. My name is priest Walmund, and I have been asked to return to the church in Archanayan. Perhaps my return was more purposeful than I believed?"

Krozog shrugs and says, "Krozog not know Priest Walmund, but Arr-kah-non send you to help. Thank you!"

Priest Walmund sighs and looks at the newcomers with an annoyed look on his face. He walks off saying, "Maybe you should go play paladin with your friends, Krozog. I have many duties to attend."

Krozog watches him go with a pained expression on his face thinking, "Priest Walmund mean. He makes Krozog remember that not all priests nice. Krozog knows many mean priests in Archanayan."
Krozog, Paladin of Light
Krozog, Ogre Paladin
  • +2 vs Ranged
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Laura Reis
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Laura Reis »

Nervous about all the commotion Laura looks around and is helped to the new boat by a young man.

"Thanks so kindly."

"The name is Kipp. Just a simple deckhand. This is my first journey. Looks to be yours as well."

"Is it that obvious?"

They continued some idle chatter until Laura was able to pry herself away where she found a cot to rest. Worn out from excitement her eyes closed shortly after laying down.
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

“Bah!” Angis snorts at Tieronar. “Manhood? This be a proper dwarf’ood! An’ thank’ee f’r noticin’. I like t’ keep me beards nice an’ proper.”
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tieronar laughs, pats Angus on the shoulder, and walks towards the side of the ship.

"Good grooming is key," he says, shaking his head. "you should look into braiding it or attaching war beads."

('Dwarfhood not manhood,' the Brinchie thinks to himself, 'so shorter, hairier, and covered with more dirt?')
+ 1 Golden Benny

Return to “Adventure Forum”