11 Centerport – A Day’s Journey Lost

Ndreare
Savage Siri

11 Centerport – A Day’s Journey Lost

Post by Ndreare »

With the necromancers ship left to burn the Captain of the New ship introduces himself and begins the journey towards Eastport…

As the ship comes close to the city a tension arises. There are ships blockading the Eastpost Each flying skull and crossbones, with stripes of white and red under them. The ships then pull close enough and after a series of flags running up and down as they communicate in semaphore the Captain reports to the crew.

“It would seem Eastport in under Quarantine. They have some sort of plague running through the city. We have been advised any ship going within 2 miles of the city will not be allowed to leave until the issue is handled.”

With those words spoken the Captain returns to his rooms leaving no time for questions. The ship is redirected to Centerport where you are dropped on shore and wished luck. To have lost a full 2 days lead on the villain is compounded by landing tired and exhausted having only covered two thirds of the distance of the journey. The crew of the Wild Treader and your heroes spend some time liquidating what little was left as those remaining go to think of what their options are from here.

With that your heroes are left to explore the city and find it is a generally bustling and content place. Those in Centerport not having any sign of the dullness you would expect in a city only 15 miles from a plague quarantined port.

As the players start exploring the Rangers in the group notice the local ranger station and decide to swing by to check in. Some small formalities later and the local Commodore is happy to see you. The wiry looking old man looks like he has been run through one thing or another a time or too, but he is obviously well beyond his field days.

The old man introduces himself as Howard but then he tells you some solemn news explaining some of the questions the team likely has already. “All my men are busy in the field, and I need your help in Eastport. They are quarantined right now with some strange disease afflicting the population. We have found a way to keep people from being infected, but there may or may not be a cure.” Looking around to gage the fear or concerns in the eyes of the heroes he continues. “The city needs healthy people and this is ‘our’ sort of mission. The spread is so localized I suspect foul play and would like you to investigate.

“I will arrange a wagon to get you there to investigate. I am really grateful you guys were able to come.” Then he starts to look over the gathered heroes and frowns. “I take it, I am being blessed by the loss of my sense of smell now. But you people need bathes and resupplied.

“Go ahead and clean up, take care of yourselves and I will replace your ranger packs. Then I will get you some letter of introduction to The Lord Grey Jerin Thorian.” Then he leads you to the barracks which are empty of all but a young squire so you can take care of what is needed before finally adding. “If you want to fill out a report then there is paper and desks in the office building. I can forward it to Frank your Station Commander for you.”

Before sending you off he has each of you drink a potion that will make the heroes immune to disease for several days.

Player Instructions:
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: 11 Centerport – A Day’s Journey Lost

Post by Aronan »

A Night in Centreport

Thankful to be back on land, Aronan carries mixed emotions into his evening. Their mission has been delayed, but now they have a chance to help some others along the way. Disease is very scary especially when you live on an island. Korindian society has many important rules for the prevention of disease. One of them is ritual cleanliness. Grateful for the opportunity to get clean, Aronan seeks out a body of water to bath in. Steeping to the harbour the smell of waste from ships and fouled cargo turns him off immediately, this was not the pristine beaches of the island. He would need something else.

After many awkward inquiries the wanderer finds his way to a bathhouse.

Money for water?

The concept puzzles Aronan deeply. How could their be a charge for something that flows so freely from the spirits. Inside, he is even more in shock. Large metal and wooden tubs filled with hot water. The idea of it repulses him. Fortunately, his lack of any proper coin repulses the proprietor. Sent on his way, the foul smelling ranger wanders listlessly through the city until he arrives at the town square where a glorious stone fountain of the Illianna, spirit of the sea, spews forth fresh smelling water. Finally finding an appropriate place, Aronan removes his travelling clothes and wades into the fountain. The cold, fresh, water feels fantastic on his travel weary skin. Lacking in the proper herbs and oils for a true ritual he does the best he can to clean off the filth of the past few days. Slowly, he comes to the realization there are many eyes upon him.

He gives a cheery wave and continues bathing, until some members of the local constabulary shows up.

"Had a few too many there friend?" The constable inquires.

Looking up from washing his long braided hair Aronan frowns, "A few too many adventures yes. Saving the king and queen, battles with a black ship, and then being marooned here."

The constable nods, somewhat bemused, "Okay hero boy. Out of the fountain."

Obliging the law, Aronan steps out, still without clothes.

Shaking his head the constable tosses the Korindian his clothes, "Get dressed and come with us."

Following instructions Aronan follows the constables to the local jail where he is promptly locked up in a small room with a bed and bars. "You can stay here for the night until you sober up."

Suddenly realizing what is happening the islander looks aghast at the metal bars, "Surely you cannot think I have done anything wrong. Contact the local ranger station, they will vouch for my credibility."

After a long sleepless night, Aronan is greeted in the morning by a fellow ranger - sporting an amused smile - "You're not the first ranger to spend the night here," he says jovially. Embarrassed Aronan simply sighs and follows the ranger to their wagon. The sooner they put Centreport behind them the better.
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart »

Notice 15
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Angis gratefully took the pack to replace his lost gear. He was a bit nonplussed about having to track down the source of a plague in Eastport.

“Me axe ain’t guid at cuttin’ up plague,” the dwarf muttered.

Once they were cut loose for the evening, Angis found himself a good bathhouse for a dunk. He didn’t bathe often, but he wanted to get the crust and tang of saltwater out of his beard. At least from now on they’d be in a right proper wagon and not on that bucking puke factory, waiting to drown.

Smelling like lilacs, the freshly cleaned and braided dwarf headed out to the marketplace. He was fresh flush from settling up with that demon ship, so might as well try and gear up. If they were going into the plague, a healing kit might be good to have.
Streetwise 6; 1 Success
+1 Ranger
Streetwise [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
Healing kit -1
+1 Streetwise, -4 Value, -2 Availability
Resource [dice]9[/dice]
Wild [dice]10[/dice]
Unfortunately, he couldn’t find any healing kits within a reasonable price. He cursed a few merchants for their money grubbing ways and stormed out. Maybe he could try an alchemist for some healing salve.
Healing Salve 0
+1 Streetwise, -4 value, +0 Availability
Resource [dice]11[/dice]
Wild [dice]12[/dice]
Everyone in this bloody town wanted an arm and a leg! After a few rude gestures, Angis decided to find a an armorer and maybe get some partial plate and chain.
Partial Plate and Chain Armor 4
+1 Streetwise, -2 Value, -2 Availability
Resource [dice]13[/dice]
Ace [dice]15[/dice]
Wild [dice]14[/dice]
Cost 10
+1 Streetwise, -2 Value
Resource [dice]16[/dice]
Wild [dice]17[/dice]
Ace [dice]18[/dice]
Spending Golden Benny to add +4 to the roll to get the Raise and not lose a Resource die.
Angis was able to trade in his full chain armor for the partial plate and chain, getting a good deal. He decided to head to a general adventurer’s store.
Grappling hook 2
+1 Streetwise, -2 Value, -2 Availability
Resource [dice]19[/dice]
Wild [dice]20[/dice]
Pry bar 3
+1 Streetwise, 0 Value, -2 Availability
Resource [dice]21[/dice]
Wild [dice]22[/dice]
Tent 9
+1 Streetwise, 0 Value, -2 Availability
Resource [dice]23[/dice]
Wild [dice]24[/dice]
Ace [dice]25[/dice]
Cost 4; 1 die loss
+1 Streetwise, 0 Value
Resource [dice]26[/dice]
Wild [dice]27[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]28[/dice]
Unfortunately, that left him nearly broke, so he headed off to find ale and a bed in a cheap lady house for the night.
OOC Comments
+1 XP for the interlude gets me to 25 and an Advance!
Actions
Conditions
Potion: Immune to disease for several days
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Ceynara’s Blade: Play during combat with the forces of Flame. The character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage, until the end of the combat.

Mission
  • Track down in Eastport the crime boss involved in the plot against the royals
  • Investigate the plague in Eastport for foul play.

NPCs
  • Frank - our ranger boss
  • Lord Grey Jerin Thorian (Eastport)
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Bradon took the time to bathe; having been a courtier, he hated to stink. Flipping a coin to the attendent, he took a long time for a bath. Funny, he could swear Aronan had been right behind him.

As he exited the baths, he saw that there had been a commotion over by the fountain. Asking around, somebody had been bathing in the fountain and their description matched his companion's description. He headed back to the Ranger station who dispatched somebody to arrange his release.

With much of his Ranger gear and his bow at the bottom of the sea or technically in the tentacles of Liche, he claimed what he could from the station, forgoing a bow this time as honestly he wasn't much good with it.
OOC Comments
taking a Ranger pack
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger »

Report completed, sealed and deposited with Howard at the Ranger station, Lysennia takes her leave of the others and heads out of the city. Much had happened in the last few days and she needed some peace and quiet, some place to process everything.

Once clear of the city, she closes her eyes and slowly turns on the spot, reaching out trying to find 'the right place'.

"There", she thinks to herself stopping and facing toward a hill to the east of the city. She could just make out a small copse of trees, and what she took for a stream heading down toward the sea.
Setting off at a brisk walk she soon found herself climbing the slope and entering the trees. Immediately she felt more at ease, more relaxed. The spirits were here and welcoming her into their domain. She stopped by a large beech tree and setting down her staff sat resting against it. She closed her eyes and extended her senses outward.
The trees here were not so old as to have strong spirits, but there were a few fae here and there. She opened her eyes and there were two fae stood before her, their elfin features a finer almost caricature of her own, gossamer wings folded behind them they offered her a small garland of wild flowers. Solemnly she took it, and set it in her hair, as a circlet. Then as it was impolite not to offer a gift in return she reached into a pouch at her belt and offered the fae each a small honeycake she had picked up in the market that afternoon. They seemed delighted with the gift and skipped off into the trees leaving her alone with he thoughts.

She closed her eyes once more and pictured the glade. The place where her world had changed forever. She pictured the glade, and the wise grey wolf. He had taught her to accept what is, not what was, or what might be, not even what she might wish it to be, just what is.

"How is it with you little sister", suddenly she heard his voice in her head and her eyes snapped open. He was there in front of her eyes, and yet he also was not. He was shadowy, and translucent, like a ghost.

"No I am not here, yet I sensed you had questions little one", she felt the warmth in his words and immediately realised how much she missed the great grey wolf.

"We encountered the vilest darkness I have ever seen on our journey here. Many men died, I almost died", she paused. "I was scared I was going to die. The world seems a dangerous and scary place", She felt somehow shamed by her admission of fear in the face of the necromancer.

"Yet you did not die. You came through it and all was well. Perhaps it was the time of those who died. Their time on the wheel of life was at an end. You however still have far to travel, and many things to do. It is not yet your time. Nor do I feel it soon will be".
"However the night is passing and there is much I would show you, things which may prove useful on your journey. Stand, take up your staff and mark out a a circle around you on the ground".
"Now, imagine your body is merely a vessel of Landra's choosing, to carry your spirit as it carries out her purpose in the world. Surely the form of that vessel is irrelevant, unless there is an advantage to be gained by it being different. Imagine the vessel holding your spirit changing, to be more suitable for Landra's purpose. Imagine the senses and soft feathered wings of an owl. On a night such as this such a vessel would allow you to see more clearly, hear more acutely, cover the ground more swiftly on the wing. . ."

In shock Lysennia realised that the world now seemed bigger. No she was smaller. The world was brighter, sharper, more focussed. She could clearly see the branches of the trees now where there had just been shadows before. She hopped forward, yes hopped, looking down she saw taloned feet and her feathered body. With an exultant cry, she took a couple more hops and launched herself into the air. Her wings bit on the air and lifted her with ease. She was flying. . .

"Be well little sister, learn to use this latest gift. It will serve you well in the future I think. . .", the wolfs voice tailed off as he faded away leaving Lysennia swooping and banking between the trees.
Last edited by Lysennia Moonsinger on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature
Krozog

Post by Krozog »

Krozog enters the ranger station with the others and listens to his speech. Then he introduces himself, "Hello. Krozog sent here by Church of the Light! Krozog late. Little light boy tell Krozog where to go, and Krozog get on a boat! Krozog not like boat. Krozog met new friends on boat - Angus and Krozog have friendship necklaces now! The Lich attacked Krozog's boat, and he sunk it. But its ok, because we stole his boat! Then a new boat saved Krozog and his friends. Now we're here. Krozog, paladin of the Light reporting for duty!"
Last edited by Krozog on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Krozog, Paladin of Light
Krozog, Ogre Paladin
Pace: 7; Parry: 8(2)
Toughness: 10(0)
  • +2 vs Ranged
  • +2 vs Creatures of Darkness and Flame and their servants.
  • +1 vs damage causing arcane powers.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Bad Eyes: Ogres suffer a -2 on all Trait rolls dealing with anything more than 5” away.
    Battle Hardened: +2 to Soak rolls.
    Big Target: Attackers gain +1 to attack rolls made against Ogres.
    Champion: +2 to damage and +2 to Toughness vs Supernaturally Evil creatures.
    Magical Resistance: +1 Armor vs Damaging magic, +1 to resist opposed magic (friendly spells subtract this modifier)
    Reach: Ogres have Reach 1
    Size +2: Ogres are Size+2
    Thermal Vision: Ogres have the Infravision Monstrous Ability
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Essence: 5/10
Bennies: 0/3
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl »

Please change to Sroxl.

Sroxl stands outside the door, listening quietly to the stories of the rangers and their allies. His interest is piqued by their reports and he thinks, "Thiss iss what I left Dregordia for. Grandfather did not patrol quiet woods. He took battle to evil! He carved hiss legacy into hisstory by strength of armss. He did not ssit idly waiting for evil to sstrike!"

The dregordian slammed the door open and walked in, declaring, "I am Ssroxssl, sson of Cranhocl, whosse ssire wass the paladin Vasshk of the honorable housse of Druknaxssl. I have come to thesse landss to battle evil and make the name Ssroxssl known ass the next great sscion of housse Druknaxssl."

"I tire of thesse sscalelesss ssoft-sskinss looking at me with fear in their eyess ass I patrol their harmlesss landss. I will join thesse men and women, Howard. They are worthy companionss who sseek evil and defeat it. Had I been with them insstead of here, I have no doubt that thiss Lich would have been slain," Sroxl states.

Sroxl bows to the assembled rangers and their allies. He knocks the butt of his kayakor against the floor and says, "I am a warrior by heart and trade. I do not sseek to calm my inner beasst ass my people do. I let it loosse and let it desstroy my enemiess. If you would have me, I would follow you into thiss city to rid it of disseasse. In return, I ask only that you provide me with the opportunity to tesst my abilitiess against worthy foes."

The entire time he talks, Krozog eyes the kayakor and its blade of White Silver intently. He approaches it and touches the blade with his finger and says, "Krozog like Sroxl! Sroxl has one of Arr-kah-non's weapons! Krozog knows Vashk too - the priests told Krozog stories of a strong lizardman who followed the Light. Krozog liked those stories. Krozog wanted to be strong like Vashk even though Krozog ogre like Vashk was lizardman."

Sroxl quickly draws his kayakor back when Krozog reaches for it, deeply offended that someone would dare touch his ancestral weapon. However, he is placated by the ogre's story and the obvious infirmity of his mind. He says, "Yess. Vasshk wass a mighty warrior who brought honor to the housse of Druknaxssl. I am pleassed that hiss name iss remembered in thesse landss."
Sroxl, Dregordian Berserker
Charisma: -4; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 9(3)
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Frightening: +Charisma as a positive modifier to Intimidation rolls.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tieronar leans over to Danyar.

"Did he just say know ass?" he whispers.

The Brinchie stands up. Giving the reptile a polite half-bow, Tier approaches Ssroxssl.

"Well, that was quite an entrance. And quite an offer. My caravan met a few of your folk and I have to say, I understand they don;t just give out a....Kayak Oar? I know I didn't get that right. I know they don;t just give them out to anyone. So, any Dregordian who has mastery of that blade...a man willing to stand against the forces of Darkness and Flame...I think it would be grand to have you at our side."

He steps closer, looking at the unique polearm.

"That really is quite an amazing tool you have. So, the big questions we need to know are...can you swim, because we had had not one, but two ships sink under our feet in less than a day. And,"

The feline motions to table and the wine there.

"DO you prefer a goblet or a mug?"
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl »

Tieronar wrote: The Brinchie stands up. Giving the reptile a polite half-bow, Tier approaches Ssroxssl.

"Well, that was quite an entrance. And quite an offer. My caravan met a few of your folk and I have to say, I understand they don;t just give out a....Kayak Oar? I know I didn't get that right. I know they don;t just give them out to anyone. So, any Dregordian who has mastery of that blade...a man willing to stand against the forces of Darkness and Flame...I think it would be grand to have you at our side."

He steps closer, looking at the unique polearm.

"That really is quite an amazing tool you have. So, the big questions we need to know are...can you swim, because we had had not one, but two ships sink under our feet in less than a day. And,"

The feline motions to table and the wine there.

"DO you prefer a goblet or a mug?"
Sroxl smiles at the Brinchie and says, "You are correct; the kayakor iss not the common dregordian'ss weapon. Warriorss train exsstenssively to masster the kayakor. I am not yet a masster mysself, but one day I sshall be. Thiss wass my grandssire Vashhk'ss kayakor, and It iss indeed an amazing weapon. Very few dregordianss can ssay their family ownss a kayakor forged with white ssteel. I will perform great deedss with thiss kayakor ass my grandssire before me did."

"Ass to your quesstion about sswimming, all dregordianss sswim well. Ssome can sswim for dayss and travel by ssea fasster than by foot. I, however, do not love the ssea as ssome of my people do, but I am a sstrong sswimmer by sscalelesss sstandardss," Sroxl pauses to frown at the wine before continuing, "However, you sshould know that dregodian customss regarding wine and spiritss demand moderation if not absstinence for fear of unleasshing the inner beasst while drunk."

Then the dregordian smiles, showing off his sharply toothed mouth. Sroxl laughs heartily and says, "But, I do not fear the beasst. I prefer whichever cup iss larger!"
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tieronar laughs, showing off his own sharp teeth.

"I like you, Ssroxyl. And I think you will have no problem honoring your grandsire's legacy."

He flips the tail of his scarf out, to show the detail.

"This was passed down to me from many generations. It protects the wearer. And it feels good, Here, feel how soft it is."

The Brinchie holds out the wrap so that the Dregordian can feel the weave.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl »

Sroxl nods and feels Tieronar's scarf. Then he smiles and says, "Indeed, it iss fine craftssmansship. It iss good that you have ssuch an heirloom. The itemss our anssesstorss leave uss are powerful even if they are not sspecial beyond the memoriess they carry. I like you too, Brinchie. It would be my honor to do battle by your sside when the time comess."

The dregordian releases the fabric and motions to his own kayakor. Then he says, "Our ancesstorss learned much before uss, and they left their ekssperienssess for uss to learn from if we choosse to do sso. Many do not know thiss, but my grandssire Vasshk did not leassh hiss inner beasst. He wass eventually able to temper it with the Light of Archanon, transsforming his beasst into a powerful righteouss fury which served him well,"

Sroxl shrugs and says, "Knowing that my grandssire too walked a path ssimilar to mine hass become a pillar of sstrength for me, but hiss path iss not mine. I sseek only to fight with my own sstrength and that of my beasst."
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Return to “Adventure Forum”