No Man’s Land

Jeff Milton

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 pm

"Maybe both. Send rider to try and get a posse, while the rest of the trail them and look for opportunity" Jeff suggests

Archibald Ellsworth

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:45 am

"I'm inclined to agree with Mr Milton." Agreed Archibald. "Send our best rider and fastest horse, though perchance a town larger and better than Dog Leg."

"Do not fret Abigail, we'll do everything in our power to save your uncle and the others." Archibald said, turning to Abby and giving her a smile. "This I vow to you and stake my honour upon."

"Best not to tally, there is no time like the present."
Main Account: stormwell

Hope Monaghan

Post by Hope Monaghan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:03 am

Dog’s Leg/Sheriff’s office
Afternoon
Round 0

Hope looked grimly at the remaining cowhands and Abigail. “Should be easy to track,” she said. “Big herd. They’ll be just as spread out and vulnerable as we were,” she noted, “wrangling all those cattle. By all means, get the posse. Is there a larger town around not under Gault’s thumb? But we might be able to pick them off if we’re careful,” she noted. “If we can get a bead on Gault himself, we could take him out.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: None
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice at –2 to detect surprise attacks/danger.
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Character Tracker
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

John Baxter

Post by John Baxter » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:22 pm

"Aye, I can find them," John concurred, "tracking a herd isn't difficult, but we do not have the numbers for a headlong attack." John blows a few notes on his harmonica as he thinks.

"Right now, our best bet is to sneak in, disable the guards, stampede their horses and steal the cattle back, whilst they cannot pursue."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

The_Marshall

Post by The_Marshall » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:14 am

Luke chimes in again "We are a couple days ride to the town of Expedition. The herd has about a day and a half on us anyway. I am pretty sure they will pass by there. I think the least we can do is try to gather reinforcements there. The thirty plus of them I reckon will be guarding that herd better than our number."

Hope Monaghan

Post by Hope Monaghan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 am

Outside Dog’s Leg
Afternoon
Round 0

“Thirty of them. That is a lot. Expedition may be our best bet then,” Hope said. “With just us, we can certainly get there ahead of the herd, maybe gather a posse, and cut them off. Anyone know the ground around Expedition? Someplace we could ambush them?”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
Character Tracker
Bennies: None
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice at –2 to detect surprise attacks/danger.
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Character Tracker
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

Archibald Ellsworth

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 pm

"I concur." Agreed Archibald. "From my experience with the Zulus in Africa, its always better to be able to at least match your foe in numbers."

"I suggest we all head for Expedition then with some of us riding on ahead, if anything to check whether its a safe refuge and to sort out urgent supplies if needed before the others arrive."
Main Account: stormwell

Return to “Adventure Forum”