No Man’s Land

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 pm

"Maybe both. Send rider to try and get a posse, while the rest of the trail them and look for opportunity" Jeff suggests

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:45 am

"I'm inclined to agree with Mr Milton." Agreed Archibald. "Send our best rider and fastest horse, though perchance a town larger and better than Dog Leg."

"Do not fret Abigail, we'll do everything in our power to save your uncle and the others." Archibald said, turning to Abby and giving her a smile. "This I vow to you and stake my honour upon."

"Best not to tally, there is no time like the present."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:03 am

Dog’s Leg/Sheriff’s office
Afternoon
Round 0

Hope looked grimly at the remaining cowhands and Abigail. “Should be easy to track,” she said. “Big herd. They’ll be just as spread out and vulnerable as we were,” she noted, “wrangling all those cattle. By all means, get the posse. Is there a larger town around not under Gault’s thumb? But we might be able to pick them off if we’re careful,” she noted. “If we can get a bead on Gault himself, we could take him out.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: None
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice at –2 to detect surprise attacks/danger.
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:22 pm

"Aye, I can find them," John concurred, "tracking a herd isn't difficult, but we do not have the numbers for a headlong attack." John blows a few notes on his harmonica as he thinks.

"Right now, our best bet is to sneak in, disable the guards, stampede their horses and steal the cattle back, whilst they cannot pursue."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:14 am

Luke chimes in again "We are a couple days ride to the town of Expedition. The herd has about a day and a half on us anyway. I am pretty sure they will pass by there. I think the least we can do is try to gather reinforcements there. The thirty plus of them I reckon will be guarding that herd better than our number."

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 am

Outside Dog’s Leg
Afternoon
Round 0

“Thirty of them. That is a lot. Expedition may be our best bet then,” Hope said. “With just us, we can certainly get there ahead of the herd, maybe gather a posse, and cut them off. Anyone know the ground around Expedition? Someplace we could ambush them?”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: None
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice at –2 to detect surprise attacks/danger.
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 pm

"I concur." Agreed Archibald. "From my experience with the Zulus in Africa, its always better to be able to at least match your foe in numbers."

"I suggest we all head for Expedition then with some of us riding on ahead, if anything to check whether its a safe refuge and to sort out urgent supplies if needed before the others arrive."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:34 pm

John wheels his horse around.

"I'll take point," John insists, checking the ammo load on his pistol.

"Sooner we leave, sooner we can get the herd back."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Two days later, the crew rides into the town of Exposition (Fear Level 3). Exposition is built at the end of a rail spur and also has a telegraph office. As the cowboys enter town, the citizens look on nervously. A small boy darts into a saloon near the train station. Moments later, a large band of armed men and women emerge with the business end of their firearms pointed in the posse’s general direction.
A cold-eyed woman at the front of the group shouts,
"That’s far enough, Gault! Drop your weapons and get your hands up!"

What do you do?

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:34 am

"I say, steady on chaps....and ladies." Archibald calls out, making no move to dismount from his horse or raise his hands. "Some of our fellows have been captured by brigands and we've come seeking aid."

"There is no need for violence, we're all civilised people here aren't we?" Continued Archibald. "Who is in charge here?"
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:15 am

Exposition
Afternoon
Round 0

Devil Eyes snorted, and Hope rested her hand on his neck to calm him. She kept her hands well away from her guns as she looked at the party of people that were pointing guns at them.

“Easy,” Hope said. “We aren’t with Gault. He’s the reason we’re here. He and about thirty of his men stole our herd. We aim to get it back, but we need some help. We thought we might be able to round out our posse with folks from here. Seems he’s got you all riled up. If you ain’t friends of his, maybe you’ll consider being friends of ours and finally getting one up on this polecat.”
Persuasion 8
Persuasion 1d10+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: None
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice at –2 to detect surprise attacks/danger.
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:49 pm

notice 1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 6: 6

John stayed back, keeping an eye on the crowd in case any of them tried anything.

Let the others talk.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:22 pm

None of the men made much move. Hope was more than persuasive and a bit charming in talking down the group of people. After realizing you are not Gault, or in league with him, they seemed to be put a bit at ease.

The leader of the enforcers, a battle-hardened veteran introduces herself as Constance Merit. She tells the posse that when the locals saw a large number of armed men riding into town, they just assumed the remnants of your crew were Gault and his gang. When it becomes clear the trail hands have had a recent run-in with the raider John notices her ears perk up as she begins to speak "I am under strict orders to protect this here railhead in Exposition, whether from bandits, raiders, or other rail gangs. However, I'm also keenly aware that cleaning up the Gault gang would help the railroad. I have a good-sized contingent of enforcers both in town and patrolling the spur, so I figures I can spare a few to get the border raiders out of my hair. Lucky for you I can send some support. I cannot send them for free, however I can send 20 enforcers with you to take down Gault’s gang, all for the low price of 50 head of cattle."

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:47 am

Exposition
Afternoon
Round 0

“We thank you for your offer of help,” Hope told Constance. “It is much appreciated. Though fifty head is a might steep, isn’t it?” she asked. “Getting rid of a feared raider? Perhaps we can come to a more equitable payment,” she said, offering to negotiate.
Persuasion 8
Persuasion 1d10+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: None
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice at –2 to detect surprise attacks/danger.
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:24 am

"Captain Archibald Ellsworth, late of Her Majesty's Royal Engineers." Archibald replied, doffing his pith helmet. "At your service."

"Any help you can spare would be most appreciated in this matter, I'm shall we can come to an agreement on price." He continued. "Though pray tell, what rail company do you represent?"
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Jeff Milton
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Jeff Milton » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:31 am

Jeff keeps quiet, not making any sudden moves. The others seem to have things in line. He spares a glance for their welcoming party, then takes a look at the buildings around town.
OOC Comments
Notice
1d6 = 1: 1
1d6 = 2: 2

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by John Baxter » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:25 pm

Notice
1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 5: 5

Upon hearing the reference to a rail line, John perks up a little bit and looks around for a sign of which company and if he recognises any of the guards, for good or ill.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
The_Marshall
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by The_Marshall » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:30 pm

Looking around John notice's signs of the Black River. Also of note is a wanted poster of $1000 for Gault. Hope manages to talk Constance down to 10 head of cattle for the enforcers. Gathering up the enforcers takes up most of the afternoon. Allowing everyone to get acquainted and rest up for the morning.

In the morning finding Gault’s gang isn’t particularly difficult. After all, a few thousand cows do tend to leave a trail! The wide swath of hoof prints and cow pies leads about a day’s ride east of where the raiders attacked the drive. The raiders corralled the cattle in a box canyon, blocking one end with a simple rope fence. Gault and his men set up camp near the entrance to the canyon. There is a guard atop each bluff near the canyon mouth. Even a cursory look at the outlaw camp reveals the posse and their new allies are badly outnumbered by the border raiders. There are dozens of outlaws milling about the camp, all armed to the teeth.
OOC Comments
Cursory scouting reveals that the men captured are still alive. They currently look to be unarmed and on the opposite side of the camp. The cattle are inside the rope corral. I need you guys to tell me how you and the group of enforcers would like to approach the situation. Once we have that determined we can address the battle to come. Please let me know if you have any questions in the handouts.
Image

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Hope Monaghan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:26 am

Exposition
Afternoon
Round 0

Hope studied the rough map of the outlaw camp someone sketched out in dirt. “We should maybe try and take out those two guards first,” she said. “So they don’t alert the camp, or start sniping us from up there. Anyone think they can do it quietly?”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: None
Powers:
  • Novice (-2): Aim, Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Elemental Manipulation, Environmental Protection, Healing, Holy Warrior, Inspiration, Light, Protection, Sanctify, Smite, Speak Language, Stun, Succor, Windstorm
  • Seasoned (-4): Barrier, Dispel, Gambler, Quickness
  • Veteran (-6): Exorcism, Greater Healing
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice at –2 to detect surprise attacks/danger.
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Archibald Ellsworth » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 pm

"I'd agree eliminating the two guards keeping watch." Stated Archibald. "Though it wouldn't hurt evening the odds somewhat."

"I suggest waiting until nightfall, the cover of darkness would aid us and perhaps even their guard would be down. Probably best sticking to blade work, or perhaps other methods that are quiet." Archibald said, forming a plan in his head. "The element of surprise will be our greatest ally here, if all goes well and God willing we'll be in amongst them before they even realise that they are under attack."
Main Account: stormwell

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”