Change o' Plans

Post Reply
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

You've been camped outside of Denver for a few days now, waiting for Sutter to return after he gets a feel for the local cattle market. Now Sutter finally returns to the encampment and gathers everyone who isn't busy with other chores.

"Turns out we got here a little late." Sutter states with a sigh. "Between herds comin’ down from the Wyoming Territory and Texas herds that
have already hit the market in Dodge, the price o’ beef is in the outhouse hereabouts. It’s only a snake’s belly above what them Bayou Vermilion varmints were offerin’, and this time, that’s across the board."

"Now, after cogitatin’ on it a piece, I figure that’s both good and bad. It’s bad in that I ain’t headin’ back to Texas a rich man—at least not right away. It’s good in that there’s another herd here in a bad spot that I was able to buy up for a little more than a song. On top of that, a feller sold me a Federal land grant in the Bighorn Basin up in Wyoming that’s a fair sight larger than my spread on the Brazos. I’m sick of dealing with those Bayou Vermilion hooligans, so I took him up on it."

"I plan to take both herds north and start a new ranch up in the territory. Any of you that wants to can ride with me. Those who don’t I understand. You’re welcome to any pay that’s owed you with no hard feelings on my part."


He looks round expectantly at each of you as he awaits your answer.

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Denver
Night
Round 0
Conditions:

Hope, back in her trail duds, her fancy duds packed carefully away in the bottom of her chest, sipped her coffee as she listened to Sutter as he laid out the situation. Denver was a might tempting place to get on with her life, but she would still need some sort of stake if she didn’t want to end up back in a brothel. Maybe she could earn enough to buy up a saloon. Or, hell, out in Wyoming Territory she could find herself some rich rancher for a husband. Maybe the local preacher would need a good wife.

“I’m in,” Hope said. “I could use the extra stake money, start a new life.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Archibald Ellsworth »

"I must admit that I'd intended to part ways at this juncture to strike west to visit the Maze before heading north to my posting in Canada." Stated Archibald, who paused and glanced in Abby's direction. "Though I'll also admit that plans change."

"On reflection, Wyoming is considerably closer to the Canadian border than the Maze." Archibald continued. "Which in turn would make it easier to conclude my business in the north."

"So once more into the breach as they say, to Wyoming we go."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by John Baxter »

John listens to Sutter's explanation quietly, considering his options. City life was not for him and he was looking forward to getting back out onto the trail. He blows a few notes on his harmonica before putting it back in his saddlebags.

"I'm in," John says, doffing his hat.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Sergio
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Deadlands

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Sergio »

Setting the coffee cup down next to the coffee maker resting over a dying fire pit, the gunman listens to Sutter and the others. Their camp site was more to his liking then Denver had been. Sergio was more attuned to life on the road than staying put.

“I’d welcome the travel. My gun is yours if you’ll have me. Reckon I’m ready to move on from Denver.”

Standing up Sergio smiles and starts to gather his things.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

"Alright then." Sutter nods in satisfaction before outlining his plan to follow the Overland Trail north out of Denver, cut the western corner of the Sioux Nations, and forge north through Winding River Canyon. He offers $45 a month to the cowboys to stay on with the Lazy S, though some take him up on the offer there is roughly half who decide to head back down to Texas. As the trail crew sorts itself out, Sutter pulls you to one side.

"You folk have done right by me and Abby from the get go. To tell the truth, this here deal has put a dent in my wallet. I’m gonna need to be hirin’ more hands as well. I’m willin’ to cut you in for a tenth ownership of my original herd, divided amongst yourselves, in lieu of payment, fer choosin' to stay on with us."

Sutter's offer is about 130 head of cattle, when sold in a favourable market each Longhorn might bring as much as $40. He's come to highly value your contribution and so it may be possible to bargain for a better deal with a Persuasion roll. Accepting Sutter's offer is entirely optional, though it is generous.

The new herd Sutter purchased totals around 2,000 head. This more than doubles the size of the original Lazy S herd. Combined with several of the
original members of the crew heading back home to Texas, this leaves the Lazy S shorthanded for the trip.

Of the original cowboys, only half a dozen choose to remain with the herd (including Luke Canton). He plans to bring that total up to 20 riders—including the posse—before the herd heads north, by putting out a call for experienced hands.

It’s not long before drifters begin to mosey into the main camp. Most of them are honest cowboys just looking for any work they can find, but a couple of the more experienced hands warn that some might be bandits or rustlers taking measure of the crew.

One particularly garrulous fellow shows up a few days later and seems especially dedicated to signing on with the Lazy S. He talks to everyone in the
camp and seems a friendly enough sort at first. The would-be cowpuncher gives his name as Jay Goodman and claims to have ridden on several drives, mostly on the Texas and Chisholm Trails.

Note to Players

Couple of Notice rolls are required here, one to spy bandits amongst the new hands and one if you engage Goodman in conversation.

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Persuasion on compensation CRITICAL FAIL
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Notice Bandits 3
Notice 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Notice Goodman 5
Notice 1d4!!: [5!!] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Denver
Night
Round 0
Conditions:

“Well, Mr. Sutter, that sounds like a pretty good offer,” Hope said, accepting a flask passed to her around the fire, “but it seems it relies on a good market, and that--” Hope took a swig and started coughing, completely losing her train of thought as the rotgut tore through her throat. “Oh, God! That stuff is awful!” Cough, cough.

As the new potential hires drifted in over the next few days, Hope was too busy. As a woman, despite her trail experience, she’d been relegated to helping Abbey and the quartermaster with restocking for the trip to Wyoming. Well, perhaps it was also because she was good at brokering a deal, but she did notice she got some strange looks -- and not a few leers -- from the new men as she worked. She even had to learn a few of them in the dark of night when whiskey and poor judgment thought they could take liberties.

When the man calling himself Goodman joined the encampment, Hope found him friendly and a bit of a chatterbox. She flashed him her usual smile, deftly deflecting questions about her past.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Sergio
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Deadlands

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Sergio »

Notice Bandits = 3
Bandits Notice 1d8!!: [3] = 3
WD Bandits 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Notice with Goodman = 4
1d8!!: [4] = 4
1d6!!: [4] = 4



Sergio thanks Mr. Sutter. The offer seems very generous to him. The gunman hasn’t been with the group as long as some of the others but is interested in staying with them. It’s a good gig.

Lounging by his tent Sergio watches the new faces. He doesn’t recognize any of them and looks out at the rocky mountains in the distance. Pulling out his pistols he sets about cleaning them.

As Goodman approaches the gunman, Sergio swiftly reassembles one gun, loads it and holsters it. Then returns his attention to the other gun.

“Awe-do-say good Sir, I was just talk’n to that dear Hope. A fine lass....”

Goodman proceeds to chat up Sergio.

Sergio thinks to himself: God this man is one long winded loquacious snake.

As the man went on and on Sergio notes his mention of the Chisholm Trail.

“Which terminus you figure had better whores Mr. Goodman? Been a while since I been to either. What was that whiskey they served down south? Was a good batch I reckon.”

**
The southern terminus was Red River Station, a trading post near the Red River, along the northern border of Texas. The Northern terminus was a trading post near Kansas City, Kansas. The whiskey thing I (Dan) just made up.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

Sergio wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:57 am
“Which terminus you figure had better whores Mr. Goodman? Been a while since I been to either. What was that whiskey they served down south? Was a good batch I reckon.”
"Oh up near Kansas City by far, particularly when we could get over to Dodge City." Answered Goodman. "After weeks on the trail it was like an oasis in the desert if you know what you mean."

"Whiskey? I can't say, been a while since I've been at Red River and last time I didn't so much get a look-in." Goodman admitted. "Speaking of Texas, thats where this drive came from right?"

"You folk must have a tale or two to tell?"

GM's Rolls
Persuasion 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Notice 1d10!!: [6] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

User avatar
Sergio
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Deadlands

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Sergio »




Standing up and placing his left pistol into the holster he says:

“I am Sergio O’Brian. A pleasure to meet you Mr. Goodman. I’ve been working with Sutter, the boss, for a while, as it’s good cash. Before that.... I tried my hand at less ... legal endeavors. Hopefully you won’t hold that against me. Life can be cruel. Survive or die, right?”

Sergio offers a hand to Goodman. Shaking with the seedy man Sergio continues:

“You seem the sort to know what’s the best way to profit. I hope you will remember my interest when things go ... a different way.”

Sergio senses the man seems like trouble and plays to the darker nature of the man, all the while doing so to best protect the group and Sutter.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by John Baxter »

John listens to Sutter's offer and does a quick calculation in his head

$5200 split between us if we get a good price. Now that is far in excess of what he will pay us. Enable me to set and do ... well something. Even at a poor market, that is more than we would earn on this job otherwise. He looks over at his saddlebags where the book Pettinger had given him was. maybe it would be time to start thinking of the future.

"I for one am happy to accept your generous offer Mr Sutter. I do have one request though please. If you are getting new riders, they can bring up the rear and I do what I do best, which is scout."

As the new arrivals make themselves known and try to sign up, John keeps to one side and eyes them up, playing his harmonica and passing along messages as to which ones he thinks are good and which ones were suspect in his eyes.

Bandits
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8: [4] = 4
wild dice 1d6: [1] = 1
As Goodman moves around the camp, introducing himself, John hears him before he sees him.

Goodman
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8: [7] = 7
wild dice 1d6: [4] = 4
He notices Sergio talking with him and wanders over to join them.

"This our latest arrival Sergio?" he asks before introducing himself, "John Baxter at your service. So tell me, what sort of role do you normally do on a drive?"
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

John Baxter wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 pm
"This our latest arrival Sergio?" he asks before introducing himself, "John Baxter at your service. So tell me, what sort of role do you normally do on a drive?"
"Goodman, Jay Goodman." Goodman replies. "Oh, swing or flank rider depending on what's needed. Still hard work either way keeping the herd together, but beats riding drag."

"Mostly ride the Chrisholm, but done the more western route like you've done couple of times. Got pestered by those army guys out Roswell way, seemed to have an axe to grind with anyone not in uniform. Far less hassle on the eastern routes."

For all his appearances, Goodman does seem to be honest and is able to accurately answer questions about the Chrisholm. However, John does note something about the man.

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Denver
Night
Round 0
Conditions:

“Grub’s up,” Hope said, easily slinging a couple tin plates across her arms as she approaches John Baxter, Sergio, and Goodman. “You be joinin’ us then, Mr. Goodman?” She handed the plates around. “I’ll be right back with the coffee.” A few of the men watched the sway of her hips in her dungarees as she passed.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Tashunka
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Tashunka »

Tashunka mills about with the other hands looking for work (ironic, that), until he spots @Sergio. Smiling broadly, he walks up to the gunslinger and claps him on the back. "Here I am, in the mountains of Colorado, and who do I run into but the Rattlesnake? You're a long ways from Arizona, Rattler. You a 'proper' cowboy, now? You certainly did not put your pistols up," Tashunka nods to the six-shooters on Sergio's gun belt, "so this cannot be your retirement plan."

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Archibald Ellsworth »

"Ruffians, the whole lot of them." Archibald bristles at the mention of the army fort at Roswell. "No respect for an officer."

"Alas Mr Sutter smoothed things over and we were able to continue on without further incident."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

"Yep, sure sounds like 'em boys down at Roswell." Goodman chuckles. "Might as well be bandits the way they act."
Hope Monaghan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:57 am
“You be joinin’ us then, Mr. Goodman?”

"'Fraid not mam, looks like you've got quite the crew already and I'd end up feeling like a yokel at some high society shindig." Answers Goodman. "Besides, rather hoping to hitch up with a crew heading back down to Texas."

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Denver
Night
Round 0
Conditions:

“Ah. Well, good luck to you, then, Mr. Goodman,” Hope said. “Least we can do is offer you some hot grub before you go. You’re welcome to help yourself.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Sergio
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Deadlands

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Sergio »

Tashunka wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:25 pm

“You're a long ways from Arizona, Rattler. You a 'proper' cowboy, now? You certainly did not put your pistols up,"
Tashunka nods to the six-shooters on Sergio's gun belt, "so this cannot be your retirement plan."

“Tas! @Tashunka Great Horse! Hey brother.”

Normally when Sergio meets a person his hands loiter close to his pistols. Even when meeting an old friend. However when the gunman sees Tashunka his hands reach out to shake the mans hand.

“Ha, yea, guess’n I’m playing at be’n a cowboy. Try’n ma hand at a legitimate occupation. It’s good to see you. It’s been years. A lot happened. Ended up setting the badge down and heading into old Mexico.”

Glancing sideways at the others Sergio says: “That’s a story for another day. Come. This is @Hope Monaghan and our ... reckon she’s in charge. Hope. This here is the kindest person you’ll ever meet. And damn can he ride.”

Happy to see an old friend Sergio introduces Tashunka to the others.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!

User avatar
Tashunka
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Tashunka »

Tashunka is not bashful. "The Rattler is right. I can ride. Perhaps not so well as he can shoot, but such are the travails of we mere mortals. How do you do, Miss Hope?"

Tashunka greets the rest of the party warmly.

@Hope Monaghan

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Archibald Ellsworth »

"Greetings my good man." Archibald greets @Tashunka and offers his hand. "How do you do?"

"Captain Archibald Ellsworth, late of Her Majesty's Royal Engineers." Said Archibald, introducing himself. "Usual for a person like myself to be travelling with a cattle drive, though at the time our respective travel plans coincided nicely and it's proven to be a happy accident."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Tashunka
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Tashunka »

Archibald Ellsworth wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:29 am
"Greetings my good man." Archibald greets @Tashunka and offers his hand. "How do you do?"

"Captain Archibald Ellsworth, late of Her Majesty's Royal Engineers." Said Archibald, introducing himself. "Usual for a person like myself to be travelling with a cattle drive, though at the time our respective travel plans coincided nicely and it's proven to be a happy accident."
Tashunka takes Archie's proffered hand and shakes it. "Her majesty, you said? Your accent is wrong for Canada. You're from across the ocean, then?"

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Archibald Ellsworth »

"Yes." Nodded Archibald. "I do indeed hail from dear old England."

"Though before I came to these shores I served for a time in Africa, against the Zulus if you're familiar with them though I was...waylaid and perhaps fortunate enough to avoid Isandlwana." Archibald continues, then pauses for a moment with a noticeably hard look on his face. "Though afterwards I was offered a posting up in Canada and decided to combine my journey there with a tour of the States en-route."
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Tashunka
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Tashunka »

Archibald Ellsworth wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:54 am
"Yes." Nodded Archibald. "I do indeed hail from dear old England."

"Though before I came to these shores I served for a time in Africa, against the Zulus if you're familiar with them though I was...waylaid and perhaps fortunate enough to avoid Isandlwana." Archibald continues, then pauses for a moment with a noticeably hard look on his face. "Though afterwards I was offered a posting up in Canada and decided to combine my journey there with a tour of the States en-route."
Tashunka nods and then says, "No, can't say I've heard of the Zulus. Good fighters, they were, huh? To keep you so occupied?"

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by John Baxter »

John's eyes follow Goodman from a distance before walking to Sutter.

"Mr Sutter, I am going to follow Goodman. I have a bad feeling about him. I'll catch up."

When he leaves, John follows Goodman discreetly to see where he goes.

Notice 1d8: [2] = 2
Wild card 1d6: [2] = 2
Stealth 1d8+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild card 1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Denver
Night
Round 0
Conditions:

Hope turned to greet the man Sergio introduced. “Hello, Mr. Tashunka,” she greeted. “Coffee?” she offered. “We got fresh grub, too, if you wanna tuck in. You signing up? I can show you over to the quartermaster if ya need any gear before we go.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Tashunka
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Tashunka »

Hope Monaghan wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:56 pm
Denver
Night
Round 0
Conditions:

Hope turned to greet the man Sergio introduced. “Hello, Mr. Tashunka,” she greeted. “Coffee?” she offered. “We got fresh grub, too, if you wanna tuck in. You signing up? I can show you over to the quartermaster if ya need any gear before we go.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
“Bless you, child. Coffee would be lovely. The Rattlesnake says you are in charge of the hands on this drive?”

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Denver
Night
Round 0
Conditions:

Hope poured a tin cup of coffee and handed it to Tashunka. “I don’t know about in charge, but I help out where I can,” she said. “I’m kinda the only religion they got on the trail, and bein’ a woman, they think I can’t handle myself much. So I’m just makin’ welcome while we’re in town.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

Goodman's Notice 12
Notice 1d10!!: [12!!] = 12
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Goodman heads over to his horse and starts making sure the saddle and accompanying bags are fastened and secure, though he spies that @John Baxter had followed him. Turning round, Goodman looks at Baxter and asks in a slightly irritated tone. "Can I help you friend?"

"Half-decent folk don't normally sneak up on a man unless they have ill intent..." Adds Goodman as his hand hovers by the Peacemaker on his belt, but otherwise makes no effort towards drawing it.

Note to John

You have the option of confronting Goodman or letting him ride off.

If you choose to confront him, you need an Intimidation roll or a Persuasion roll at -2 (though you could try to drag him before somebody else with a decent Intimidation but up to you how you do so).

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by John Baxter »

stormwell wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 am
Turning round, Goodman looks at Baxter and asks in a slightly irritated tone. "Can I help you friend?"

"Half-decent folk don't normally sneak up on a man unless they have ill intent..." Adds Goodman as his hand hovers by the Peacemaker on his belt, but otherwise makes no effort towards drawing it.
John eyes him up and down, hand also resting on his pistol, but making no effort to draw it.

"You are in our camp, uninvited and not actually here for work and not ever intending to be. Excuse me if I don't find that a little suspicious, so I am making sure you are leaving unless you have something you'd like to admit!"

Persuasion 1d6-2: [6]-2 = 4
Ace 1d6+4: [3]+4 = 7
wild dice 1d6-2: [5]-2 = 3
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

Goodman's Spirit 7
Spirit 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
"Alright, alright." Goodman says, stepping back and putting his hands up defensively. "Ya got me."

"I work for the stockyards in town, it's my job to check out the herds that arrive to ensure that it's not rustlers looking to make a quick buck." Explains Goodman. "Sorry for the subterfuge friend, but I had to make sure everything was above board."

Persuasion 17
Persuasion 1d8!!: [17!!] = 17
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Note to Players

@John Baxter can either accept Goodman's story or attempt a Notice roll vs a TN of 17.

Next GM post will see you back on the trial heading north.

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by John Baxter »

notice 1d8: [8] = 8
Ace 1d8+8: [4]+8 = 12
wild dice 1d6: [4] = 4

John muses over the new information
This could be legitimate, certainly sounds plausible

John waves Goodman away, letting him leave.

"Next time, another crew might have rounded you up and been fairly unpleasant to you. I suggest you change your approach in the future."
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

"Occupational hazard." Shrugs Goodman. "But I appreciate the tip friend."

"Though this is where I take my dues and depart." Goodman says, mouthing his horse and tipping the brim of his hat. "I wish you luck and easy trails friend."

Over the next week as the herd travels northwards from Denver, Goodman's blessing appears to ring true. The pace has been leisurely, there's been good grazing and plenty of water. All-in-all, things have been pretty trouble free and the herd has been easy to handle.

Note to Players

You've been on the trail for a water and it's been pretty plain sailing, though now I require you all to make a Notice roll.

User avatar
Tashunka
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Tashunka »

Notice 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [7]+[5] = 12


Tashunka rides along with his new companions, more at home in the saddle than he had been on his feet. He chats amiably with anyone willing to engage, and he needles @Sergio good naturedly when the opportunity presents itself, enjoying the opportunity to laugh about old stories with a friend.

All the while, he keeps his eyes open for any sign of trouble. The drive has gone well so far, but it is too much to hope for a long journey through the West to pass without incident.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Archibald Ellsworth »

Notice 6
Notice 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Archibald had found the past few days pleasant enough despite the work involved in keeping a herd of cattle together. The terrain was easy going and his horse has amendable enough, plus he fancied himself becoming bit of a seasoned hand. The evenings were even more pleasant, having been spent in Abby's company beside the fire watching the stars overhead.

He was beginning to feel that things would be trouble free....
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Notice 7; Hope has Danger Sense, if that's applicable
Notice 1d4!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Trail north of Denver
Afternoon
Round 0
Conditions:

Hope settled easily back into trail life. It was nicer now that they had new hands that could be relegated to the rear of the herd, allowing herself and the others to move up in the trail hierarchy. She still kept an eye on Abby, making sure none of the new blokes attempted to take liberties with the young woman.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by John Baxter »

Notice 1d8: [6] = 6
Wild Die 1d6: [1] = 1

John felt good to be in the saddle as they travel along the trail. Acting as trailblazer, he was out in front, feeling the ground beneath the hooves of his horse.

He kept a watch for trouble as well as suitable places to stop.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

As you ride along you notice one of the Longhorns stagger and then fall over, though there had been untoward about the herd. Given how easy going things had been, it's a little out of the ordinary. Approaching the fallen steer, you find the animal laying on it's side. Its abdomen is moving spastically in and out, almost fluttering as if it’s struggling for breath.

Note to Players

If you wish to examine the animal further, please do a Notice roll.

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Notice 6
Notice 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Trail north of Denver
Afternoon
Round 0
Conditions:

Hope pulled up and hopped off her horse, crouching down next to the stricken steer. “What happened?” she asked. She looked the animal over, as well as the ground around, in case of snakes or something.
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Tashunka
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Tashunka »

Tahunka stays in the saddle, and perhaps because of the distance from the downed animal he
Notice 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [2]+[3] = 5
special (other than that it fell down, of course).

"What do you see there, Miss @Hope Monaghan?"

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by John Baxter »

Out in front of the herd, John is oblivious to what is happening.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Archibald Ellsworth »

Notice 13
Notice 1d6!!+2: [11!!]+2 = 13
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Archibald would be the first to admit that he was no expert on cattle with his experience largely being limited to watching cattle droves go past in England and dealing with ox handlers in Africa. Even the long weeks spent on the drive had done little to real broaden his bovine based knowledge.

That said, even to him a seemingly perfectly healthy animal suddenly dropping dead for no apparent reason did strike him as a little...odd.

He debated in his mind whether to draw his sword as a precautionary measure.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

The bovine, despite the peculiar movement of it's abdomen, appears to be most likely dead. Its eyes have rolled back in its head. Its lips are pulled back from teeth and its tongue protrudes slightly from its mouth. Finally, its nostrils show no movement to indicate the steer is still breathing.

Archibald's keen eyes notice some lacerations round the animal's lips that have begun to heal and are at least a week old.

Things become even more puzzling, perhaps alarmingly so, when the sound of snorts and squeals go up throughout the herd as more of the cattle fall victim to a similar fate. All told, nearly a dozen suddenly drop, leaving the Lazy S hands scratching their heads...

User avatar
Tashunka
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Tashunka »

Tashunka whips his head around wildly.

”What on earth is this?” he asks aloud.

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Trail north of Denver
Afternoon
Round 0
Conditions:

Hope looked up at Tashunka. “I don’t know what’s wrong with him,” she admitted watching as the steer stopped breathing and finally expired. Then cries went up elsewhere around the herd as a dozen more cattle dropped for seemingly no reason.

“But something’s up,” Hope said, standing again. “Anyone notice anything strange the last time we stopped?” she asked. “Bad water or grass?”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Archibald Ellsworth
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Archibald Ellsworth »

"No, I haven't noticed anything untoward since we set out from Denver." Archibald answers. "Though if all the cattle afflicted are from the new herd, then they were afflicted before Sutter brought them."

"Either way, this doesn't bode well." He added, drawing his sword.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
John Baxter
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by John Baxter »

John continues on his way, oblivious to the situation back at the herd.
OOC Comments
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6"; Parry: 5 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 6 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor);

Lame

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=1969

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Trail north of Denver
Afternoon
Round 0
Conditions:

“Are these all from the new herd?” Hope asked, searching for the branding. “Do you think someone poisoned them?”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Last edited by Hope Monaghan on Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by stormwell »

Before Penelope could get her answers....something started bursting it's way out of the afflicted cattle. A gruesome scene unfolds as creatures looking like oversized ticks emerged covered in gore, having chewed their way out of the deed steers and cows bringing bits and pieces of the animals' entrails with them as they do.

There are yelps and cries of alarm from the hands with some of them reaching for their six-shooters...

Note to Players

First off I need everyone to do a Spirit roll or suffer a -1 penalty to all Traits rolls for the rest of the encounter due to nausea.

Quick Persuasion wouldn't go amiss to stop some of the cowboys from firing their guns in the middle of a herd of cattle already on the far side of nervous due to the smell of blood.

The critters, despite their Hammer House appearance, actually pose little threat as they've eaten their fill and not gonna be looking for another meal until long after the herd has moved on. Stomping on the little blighters is a valid tactic, but requires a Spirit roll at -2 as the blood sacs burst and spray their contents up a character's leg!

User avatar
Hope Monaghan
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Change o' Plans

Post by Hope Monaghan »

Spirit 5
Spirit 1d12!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Persuasion 9
Persuasion 1d10!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Trail north of Denver
Afternoon
Round 0
Conditions:

Hope reeled back as the giant bugs ate their way out of the dead cattle. She crossed herself and cursed. “Don’t start shooting!” she yelled at the hands. “You’ll stampede the herd!” The disgusting things didn’t look to be attacking any more cattle, or the hands, just lazily crawling off.

“Start moving the herd out of the area,” Hope said. “Keep an eye out for any that start showing the same symptoms and cut them out toward the rear. Keep the herd calm.”
Party loot
300 rounds of .45 Colt ammo
6 tomahawks
$36 (Confederate)
$1,250
$400 gold dust
1 bow
10 arrows
***
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Power Points: 15/15
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 47); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Empathy, Healing
Encumbrance: 112.75/140
Edges
  • Danger Sense: Notice +2 in a Surprise round. Notice –2 if no Notice roll allowed.
  • Guts: Free Spirit reroll vs Fear
  • Healer: +2 to all healing rolls (including magic).
  • Holy Warrior: Add +1 to the total of a final Soak roll for each Power Point spent, to a maximum of +4.
Character Tracker
Hope Monaghan Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Ammo: Shotgun (2/2; 18); Peacemaker (6/6; 50); Winchester (15/15; 50); Derringer (2/2; 50)
Bennies: WRWR
Adventure Card:
  • Payback: Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”