Adventure 2: The Research Facility

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:56 pm

Planning Phase
After boarding the sub, which fits Brute well enough although passing through the passageways sometimes requires turning sideways, the group make a short jaunt up the Hudson to the old West Point military installation. Once the oldest occupied military establishment in the United States it was targeted during the war and is still in the process of being rebuilt, more as a symbolic statement than a strategic decision. Of course, KENMARK has the contract to rebuild the place and also has a private security training centre located there. The training centre is a top of the art military training area with weapons ranges, research labs, barracks and other toys. The holographic Marks leaves the group in the care of facility's administrator Alice Harrison, an army veteran who manage to make it through the devastating war. Harrison is terse but professional giving the group access to what they need - and ordering her staff to give the group a wide berth.

The two hackers, Noah Kuttler and Lonnie Machin, really keep to themselves but lend a hand when it comes to digging up dirt on the facility. They prove super helpful in getting a sort of command post and mission planning room set-up for Delilah allowing her to coordinate the team's work. Meanwhile, Walker and Raith are able to use the nearby Constitution Island to test their powers in a wide open setting. Getting their two power sets to work together was easier than melding their two attitudes. In the facility, Marduk is able to work the system to acquire some other gear the might be useful for an infiltration. Weapons are no problem, the sub has a good array and the West Point Facility has even more from the mundane to the exotic.
Weapons and Gear
If it's in the book you can have it.
Adam West Bennys 5
Image
AWBs are group bennys for use on the mission. They represent foresight and success in planning. Anyone in the group can use them to:

Flashback
Players may spend an Adam West Benny to provide a brief narrative flashback that explains why a failure is actually a success. It usually involves a detail left out of the legwork narrative, such as “I bribed the head of security for the passcode”, “the guards are on our payroll”, or “I planted a worm in the corpse database weeks ago”. If the Game Master approves, he takes your Benny and applies it to the story. If he rejects the flashback, you keep your AWB Benny and earn two additional Bennies for the attempt.

Bag of Holding
Duplicate the Scrounger edge to gain a piece of equipment that you suddenly remembered you brought

Big Win
Add +4 to a Trait roll
The Research Facility
With their preparations in motion the group gears up into a private hovercraft and scoots through the air to the facility. The area below them is pretty dark until they reach the outskirts of Albany where the craft touches down at a KENMARK facility in a business park only a few blocks from the government research facility: having a biollion dollar multi-national corporation underwriting the operation sure makes moving around a hell of a lot easier. Kuttler and Machin get the group set-up in a building across the street from the research facility. It's time to act.

Facility Map
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 am

Delilah Notice 6 Success
Notice 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Summer Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
***

Delilah shook her head and gave a low whistle, looking around the small command center that had been set up for them. It reminded her of her days in ARES during the war. She hadn’t been in a command position then, however, and she was feeling a bit of the pressure.

Delilah turned back to the team. “How’s the progress on changing the markings on that hovercraft?” she asked. She wanted it painted up with Aegis markings so they could come in relatively close to the facility without arousing suspicion. It would provide a convenient escape, as well.

“Randy, Mitch, and I will put on the Aegis gear we captured. We will take Marduk and Brute inside as captured metas. Brute, you will play like you’re asleep,” she told the big man. “Marduk, you will be ‘inactivated’,” she said with finger quotes. “The story is that the rest of our team got taken out. We were lucky to get what we got. We will try and get as far into the facility as we can. When I give the word, Brute and Marduk, just lay waste to everything. Take out as many agents as you can. Randy and I will help. We will slowly make our way toward the holding facilities.”

Delilah looked at the others. “Walker, you’re second in command and in charge of the infil team. When the commotion starts, the rest of you teleport into the facility. Get as close to the holding cells as you can and get those prisoners out. Barring that, get to us, and we’ll do it the brute force way and fight our way down and out. Get the prisoners back to the hovercraft if you can. Otherwise have them scatter. They’re better on the run with a disorganized Aegis trying to track them. We can try and find them later.”

“What about me?” Summer asked, piping up.

Delilah took a breath. “You stay here and protect the command center,” she said. “We don’t want to lose comms or our overwatch.”

Summer frowned. “I’d be better at least in the hovercraft, guarding it.”

Delilah’s eye twitched. “We will have a pilot for that,” she said. She didn’t think any of them could pilot it. “And we’ll lock it up tight when we leave.”

Summer pouted, crossing her arms. “I can at least wear some of that Aegis armor and provide you help inside.”

“The armor isn’t a bad idea, but you will stay here.”
The Plan
I think this is the plan we discussed? Let me know and I can tweak it.
***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:07 am

Notice and Common Knowledge Rolls
Danger Sense Triggered on 6 or better
Notice 1d8 = 5: 5
Notice Wild Die 1d6 = 3: 3

Common Knowledge
Smarts 1d10 = 4: 4
Smarts Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2

Walker finds a few nice designer looking suits with built in technology making them niegh impervious to normal weapons and highly resistant to advanced weapons.

Combat Armor: Trapping Changed to Super Tech Faberics These suits include a full jumpsuit, helmet, load-bearing harness for a backpack or other gear, boots, and gloves.
The vest (5 lb, $300) and helmet (2 lb, $100) may also be worn separately. Combat armor adds +6 Armor and negates up to 4 points of AP from ballistic attacks (but not energy or melee). (12 lb, $800)
Walker listens as she lays out the framework of the plan. "Sounds solid, if combat or something big comes up Raith is more than capable of protecting us with his impressive combat skills. I would like to keep the objective on our end to do as little combat as possible and make as little noise as possible." Looking around he adds. "When it comes time for our exodus what will be the regroup plan? We will need to be together for our combined power to teleport us all out of there."
Then hearing Summer protest her desire to be closer to the action with all the subtly of youth he says. "If we need to leave the hover craft in location, or it is destroyed. You being stuck in there would cause grief.
"We need a central communications, if you cannot be relied on for a critical roll do we need to have one of us stay back, or see if we can find a new person for the roll?"
Hoping his words would help her understand the need for communications to be monitored and secured he adds. We will run with comms open, if you hear something like a gasp or someone becoming unresponsive we need that information. Those of us in the field will have to many distractions to notice one of us going quite or other little background noises."
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:25 am

Delilah Notice #
Notice 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Summer Notice #
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
***

Summer stiffened up a little at Walker’s words. “No, I can do it!” she assured him.

Delilah sighed. Why does she listen to him better than her own mother? she wondered. Of course, how often did she listen to her mother, especially when it came to her husband?

“Focus on getting the prisoners out,” Delilah told Walker. “If we have to, we can fight our way out if we don’t get to you first. If you think you have things handles, make sure to let us know. We can focus on appearing to be stymied by the defensive force and won’t push through. Then we can retreat back out the front of the facility to the hovercraft. Otherwise we will come to you.”

Delilah looked around at the others, as well. “Remember, no plan survives contact with the enemy, so we’re likely going to be improvising as soon as we hit. Control,” she nodded to Summer and the KENMARK employees, “can try and get into their security system to get video feeds to be our eyes, and hopefully unlock the holding cells.”

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:29 am

Gothm nods as he listens to the plan being put forward. He has taken a baton, a survival knife and a Kevlar vest with a 'steel pot' helmet from the supplies provided. He looks a bit absurd, but at least he's got some protection. "Also, keep in mind that if we are near the limit on your passenger load, Walker, I can dig my own way out, if needed."
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:03 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 10: 8 + 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Mitchell nods to Delilah.

“That sounds like it just might work.”

He adjusts the Aegis armor and makes sure the visor is pulled down on the helm to hide his ruined eyes. Like, Gothm he swaps out his short chainswords for a power baton that the agents carried. This was mainly to keep up appearances as he also stowed two non-descript energy swords in the armor’s utility belt.

If Brute and I can’t smash our way out, these things might be able to cut a way for us.

Acknowledging Walker and the importance of communication, “Summer, perhaps you also assist in developing and keeping a timetable. We should drill on this and stick to it as much as possible. That being said, no plan survives first contact with the enemy. It is imperative someone track that and be flexible enough to communicate any changes.”

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:02 am

Marduk considers, then inquires, "If Marduk Unit is being taken inside, apparently shut down, would this unit be better off with the interface tool equipped rather than the combat control unit? There would seem a distinct possibility that access to the system could be a useful function."

He is not certain he would be able to hack the system, but it is a possibility to be considered.
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 am

Notice 8 K-common 5
Notice: 1d8 = 5: 5
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6: 6
-ACE: 1d6 = 2: 2

K-common: 1d8 = 5: 5
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2: 2
Raith listens to everyone go through the plan, mostly without comment. It seems to be a good enough plan to get him to Sasha and that is what is important. He occasionally adjusts his new combat armor underneath his stealth suit, his muscles still getting used to the way the slightly bulkier plates rest on his shoulders. His only other booty from the warehouse sacking was...a sack. An apparently empty black nylon sack wrapped tightly around his belt.
Delilah wrote: “Walker, you’re second in command and in charge of the infil team."
Raith snorts softly but does not openly object.
Summer wrote:“What about me?” Summer asked, piping up.
Raith snorts loudly and rolls his eyes.
Old Man wrote:"Sounds solid, if combat or something big comes up Raith is more than capable of protecting us with his impressive combat skills..."
Hmm? Maybe there's hope for you yet, Old Man..
Old Man wrote:"..I would like to keep the objective on our end to do as little combat as possible and make as little noise as possible."
...and he ruins it. "Make no mistake, Old Man. I will do whatever needs to be done to fulfill my mission."
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:49 am

Delilah Notice 12 2 Raises
Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Summer Notice 2 Fail
Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
***

“Summer, perhaps you also assist in developing and keeping a timetable. We should drill on this and stick to it as much as possible,” Mitchell said.

Summer beamed. “I can do that!” she said. She wanted to help. It sucked not having powers!

Delilah bit her lip, but merely nodded. It would keep her out of danger, she hoped.

Delilah turned her attention to Marduk’s question. “The interface tool could be good. If it can get us into the system, that would be an advantage. You can still fight if needed, however, right?” she asked.

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:51 am

Marduk replies, "I can still fight without the combat control unit, it mainly provides defensive tactical analysis."

With it in place, he can dodge and avoid area attacks better, it does not help much with attacking.
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:47 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4: 2
“If we plan this right, we may take them by enough of a surprise and not need to fight. I still think we need to consider the prisoners capabilities and how we are going to get them out if they are incapacitated. How many are we talking? I obviously did not see the monitors but from what I could hear, there were quite a few.”

Mitchell picks up an Aegis rifle. He did not have much use for it, but he might as well complete the ensemble and look the part.

User avatar
Randy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Randy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 am

"Why aren't these Aegis bastards a little bigger? Don't these guys work out? If I was chasing supers as a normal guy I sure would. Hell I work out." the complaints continued as he squeezed into an Aegis uniform. "I don't know if I want to leave the ax. It does wonders to those Aegis guys." Randy holsters his desert eagle and grabs the standard rifle from the Aegis equipment.
"Look at me guys I am a muscle bound Aegis agent!"
The One and Only Randy Reslyon
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 8 ;
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Monologuer, Big Mouth, and Stubborn

Combat Edges of Note
Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
Quick Draw: May draw weapon as a free action

Power Summary
Regeneration: Natural Healing roll of Vigor +4 Every Round
Immune to Poison and Disease.
Fearless (2): Immune to Fear tests.
Deadly: +1d6 to all melee attacks

Gear of Note
Greataxe: Str+d10+d6, 15 Weight, AP 1, Parry –1, 2 hands
Desert Eagle (.50), 15/30/60, 2d8, ROF 1, 8 Weight, 7 shots, AP 2, Semi-Auto
Bullets (.50), x100

Bennies: 3

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Detention Center Ambush
Background Music

The distraction team begins to approach the research facility, it's a little weird that they arrive on foot rather than by standard a standard black AEGIS SUV, but for the most part the guards don't seem to notice - instead being distracted by Brute's mammoth figure and the show of getting him through the front door. When the team rolls up, the front door security descends on them quickly, "Who the hell are you? Why aren't you using the loading dock? You can't just bring bodies through the front door dammit!"

The situation gets tense fast as the security team comes out of their station behind the desk to give support to the front door team.

If the group wanted the attention of the guards, they certainly got it.

Back across the street the infil team can see the potential distractions enter the building, barely able to squeeze Brute's bulk through the revolving door. It was one of those things that might show up on the net and go viral like cat videos.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:42 am

Delilah Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Summer Notice 9 Raise
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
***

Summer moved over to help Randy into the Aegis armor. His muscled frame was a tight fit. Did the teen take the opportunity maybe run her hand over his muscled abs as she adjusted the chestplate?

“Maybe we could rig up something for your axe under the gurney you bring Brute and Marduk in on?” Summer suggested. “Like a magnet or something.”

“That could work,” Delilah mused, pulling her daughter away from Randy.

***

Delilah took several breaths as she approached the front doors of the Aegis facility, pushing Brute on a gurney. The front door guards didn’t seem to care much as they walked up and helped wedge Brute into the door.

Security was a much different issue. They seemed a mite...miffed.

"Who the hell are you? Why aren't you using the loading dock? You can't just bring bodies through the front door, dammit!"

“Hey!” Delilah snapped back at the guards. “If you want to lug this bastard all that way, be my guest. I’m not dragging him another step further, not after the god-damn night I just had!” she yelled right back, flashing the Aegis ID from her armor, quickly so he couldn’t get too good a look at it. “These guys and their friends wrecked us pretty good. Totaled our transport and fried our comms so we couldn’t call for pick up. They ran off, but we’re the last squad members standing.” She put a weary, beleaguered tone into her voice. “Fucking supers,” she muttered. “Just help us get him inside and processed. Some of us actually have to work for a living, not sit behind a desk and eat donuts and watch Netflix.”

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Mitchell listened to Delilah’s bluff and thought to himself, You know there is some truth to this. It wasn’t easy getting Randy into the armor or Brute through the door.

“Look, we are all tired and not looking forward to the paperwork this is going to involve. The big guy wrecked enough gear that we’ll be audited six ways from Sunday until we retire. This other one is leaking something and it stinks...I hope its oil…My helmet can’t even filter it out….Ugh, The sooner we get them contained, the happier I’ll be”
Last edited by Mitchell Maxwell on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:46 am

John is supposed to be a shut down robot. To aid the deception he has actually turned off power to his armor, which, given it weighs a lot, makes him unlikely to accidentally twitch or otherwise give the game away. He did open the air exchanger so he could breathe and hear and set the HUD to minimum visibility so he could see, though as designed it can not be see into.

He does not move, but mentally shakes his head at the scene outside the armor, of course they have a delivery entrance and should bring metas in using a van...well at least the excuse of the van being wrecked makes some sense. Hopefully the bluff gets them inside.
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:44 am

Gothm simply prepares himself for the task of burrowing into the facility when the signal is given; he waits beneath the command vehicle, so he has access to the earth as quickly as possible.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:52 am

Walker waits for the signal so they can walk into the facility. While his astral walk has always been his preferred mode of travel, the risk of switching to teleporting with so many people is still on his mind. And he was not looking forward to the exercise with so many others at potential risk.
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 am

Raith remains silent while he and the rest of the infiltration group wait for the proper time to teleport in. He occasionally cracks a knuckle or pops a crick in his neck to display his boredom to the others. At irregular intervals his hand can be seen straying to the sack around his waist, his fingers resting slightly on the nylon fabric as he stares intently across the street at the facility.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:34 am

Distraction

As the distraction team wheels their bait through the front doors, they run afoul of the facility security group. These hard nosed private contractors aren't buying what the team is selling. Instead, they err on the side of caution. They lead security agent looks to his team, then to our heroes, "Whatever the hell is going on we need to secure these supers. Until we can ascertain your identity you need to surrender your weapons and hang out in detainment. As a precaution of course." He speaks into his radio as the rest of the force nearby draw their guns slowly, "We need a containment team in the front lobby now, lockdown initiated."

Behind the group the main doors click loudly as they magnetically lock and a solid security barrier slides down across all the doors and windows.

From their observation post outside the teleport team sees high density barriers cover all the windows and doors of the facility.
Lobby Team
There are 6 armed security guards in the lobby, a supers containment team is en route shortly.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:58 pm

Marduk remains still, but starts powering up his systems so he can act if called upon to do so. It sounds like he may be required to.
OOC Comments
Not sure if any rolls are required here, so not making any just now.
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:08 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Mitchell begins to worry that this is going to go bad before it really gets started.

“I am not handing over anything until these two are contained. This one in the suit can melt your face off with whatever he shoots from his eyes and the other can crumble up an SUV like it was a piece of paper. You want to call in a containment team? Fine. But I am putting in my report that you unnecessarily transferred containment in the middle of the lobby and put the facility at risk. We just told you we had them under control and you still want to risk a transfer. I can’t believe this, but I guess this is the bureaucratic crap we pay big bucks for now a days. Escort us yourself if you want, or are you one of those that prefers to sit behind a desk instead of getting his hands dirty? You people make me sick.”
OOC Comments
Taunt 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild Die 1d6 = 1: 1

Well that definitely did not go as planned.

User avatar
Randy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Randy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:59 am

Randy just sits there smiling. His hand ready at a moments notice to unholster the sidearm and teach the fools how to shoot. Very calmly and a bit unlike Randy he says "I suggest we continue to take these dudes to processing. Wouldn't want them to rip up the precious lobby like they did our vehicle as we will totally lay that fault to you." He points to the man obviously in charge of the situation.
The One and Only Randy Reslyon
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 8 ;
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Monologuer, Big Mouth, and Stubborn

Combat Edges of Note
Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
Quick Draw: May draw weapon as a free action

Power Summary
Regeneration: Natural Healing roll of Vigor +4 Every Round
Immune to Poison and Disease.
Fearless (2): Immune to Fear tests.
Deadly: +1d6 to all melee attacks

Gear of Note
Greataxe: Str+d10+d6, 15 Weight, AP 1, Parry –1, 2 hands
Desert Eagle (.50), 15/30/60, 2d8, ROF 1, 8 Weight, 7 shots, AP 2, Semi-Auto
Bullets (.50), x100

Bennies: 3

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:29 am

Delilah Notice 5 Success
Notice 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Summer Notice 11 Raise
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5
***

Delilah clicked over to the private channel. “Well, we have their attention. Not as far inside as I’d like, but they’re getting antsy, and we have a supers takedown team on the way. Mitch, take their guns. Marduk, Randy, Brute, take them down. Infil team, get inside. Tech, get in their system, see if you can lockdown the interior, compartmentalize the base so they can’t move reinforcements around, but let any from the detention area out to clear the way for infil.”

To the security team, Delilah just shook her head. “You really want to do this here?” she asked. She stepped forward to hold out her rifle. When the female guard reached for it, Delilah let is slip from her fingers. “Oops, sorry.” Then she launched a punch at the woman’s face, her hand glowing with power.
Fighting 5
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 9
1d10 = 1: 1 + 2d6 = 8: 5, 3
***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:30 am

Notice 7, Burrow-Run 10"
Notice 1d4 = 4: 4
ACE 1d4+4 = 7: 3
Wild Notice 1d6 = 5: 5

Run Die 1d6 = 4: 4
10" of movement this round; not sure how far the van is from the tower.

When they get the signal, Gothm, located under the van, says over the radio, "Moving in now--will advise when I make it through the wall," and just rolls to the grass next to it and begins to pass through the Bones of the Mother, heading as swiftly as he can for the basement of the tower, where they believe their associates are likely being held.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:54 am

Fight
For those in the lobby: Please include a card draw, 1d54, re-rolling duplicates, with your post. Marduk and Brute start the round On Hold.

Security Guards 1d54 = 25: 25 = Queen of Spades.

Containment team is 1d4 = 2: 2 round away.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Randy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Randy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:04 am

OOC Comments
1d54 = 45: 45 = 5C
Monologuer: 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Wild: 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Randy pulls out a smoke and lights it up amidst the group fighting the security guards. He shakes his head smiling. “This is pretty pathetic. Do you seriously think backup will come in time? We outnumber you, we have powers, all you have is the hope you can last what 10 minutes for the super squad. We will mop the floor with you and be out of here in five.” He takes a drag his cigar. “Well good luck.”
The One and Only Randy Reslyon
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 8 ;
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Monologuer, Big Mouth, and Stubborn

Combat Edges of Note
Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
Quick Draw: May draw weapon as a free action

Power Summary
Regeneration: Natural Healing roll of Vigor +4 Every Round
Immune to Poison and Disease.
Fearless (2): Immune to Fear tests.
Deadly: +1d6 to all melee attacks

Gear of Note
Greataxe: Str+d10+d6, 15 Weight, AP 1, Parry –1, 2 hands
Desert Eagle (.50), 15/30/60, 2d8, ROF 1, 8 Weight, 7 shots, AP 2, Semi-Auto
Bullets (.50), x100

Bennies: 3

User avatar
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Brute » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:24 am

Notice 3
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Brute fails to sense any impending danger the immediate threat is obvious enough and Brute explodes up off the gurney with the signal from Dee and closes the distance with the first guards that he sees. "Bad men keep heroes prisoner!" he growls, "that make Brute mad!"
Rapid Melee Attack. Non-Lethal. | Attack #1: 8, Success, Damage 26 | Attack #2: 10, Raise, Damage 36 | Attack #3: 1, Failure)
Fighting 1d12-1 = 8: 9
Fighting 1d12-1 = 10: 11
Fighting 1d12-1 = 1: 2
Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2

Fighting Skill d12+3
Rapid Attack penalty -4

Damage Attack 1: 1d12+4 = 11: 7 + 4d6 = 13: 4, 1, 4, 4
Damage Attack 2: 1d12+4 = 5: 1 + 4d6 = 19: 3, 5, 5, 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2 + Damage Ace 1d6 = 6: 6 + Damage Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
With a snarl Brute backhands the first guard who goes pinwheeling over the the security desk and crash into the wall to lie in a heap. Still moving Brute's hand snakes out and grabs the next hapless guard by his equipment harness and with a motion snatches him off his feet and slams him to the ground. Rearing back Brute brings his massive fists down to hammer a third guard but the first two had slowed Brute just enough to give the man time to react and he scrambled away just as Brute's fists slammed into the ground.
Brute IS the brute squad
Brute
Bennies 0 of 3

Player: James
Brute

Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget

Agility d8 | Smarts d4 | Spirit d8 | Strength d12+4 | Vigor d10
Charisma: -2* | Pace: 6(12) | Parry: 9 | Toughness: 25(6**);


* from outsider hindrance
**Armor covers the torso location and does not protect against called shots to the legs, arms or head.

Frequently used skills
Notice d6
Fighting d12+3
Throwing d8
Intimidation d6

Edges
  • AB(Superpowers)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Str
  • Fast Healer - +2 to natural healing rolls


Powers and Abilities
  • Size 1 (Growth, Always On)
  • Danger Sense - Notice roll to detect hidden dangers, start ambushes on Hold with raise.
  • Awareness - Ignore obscurement/Gang Up modifiers.
  • Punch Attack - Str + 4d6 damage, Heavy Weapon, applies to all fighting attacks per round.
  • Regen - Make healing roll once per hour and treats all permanent injuries as temporary ones.


Hindrances
  • Clueless - (-2) to most Common Knowledge rolls
  • Heroic - Character always helps those in need
  • Quirk - Character has some minor but persistent foible. Brute refers to himself in the third person.
  • Outsider - (-2) Charisma, treated badly by those of dominant society

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:43 am

1d54 = 47: 47 - 9D
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Notice: 7
Notice 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Action Card: KC
1d54 = 38: 38
Mitchell realizes quickly there is no way out of the situation other than to fight their way through it. He hoped the armor the guards wore would keep them somewhat protected as he began telekinetically tossing them around the lobby careful to avoid Delilah, Brute, Randy, and Marduk with any of the flailing guards or debris.
TK Damage Field: 39 damage
Activate kinetic damage field as free action. Move so I can catch all the remaining guards in an MBT, excluding any allies. Damage 5d6 = 24: 6, 6, 1, 6, 5 non-lethal.

Damage Raise 3d6 = 15: 5, 5, 5
Mitchell then uses his actions to telekinetically remove the downed guards weapons.

"Where do you want these, Delilah."

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:30 am

Delilah Notice 11 Raise
Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Summer Notice 2 Fail
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
***

Delilah winced as Mitchell tossed the guards around, smashing them against walls and ceilings and each other. “Careful. We don’t want them dead,” she said. When he gathered up their weapons, she looked around and then looked up. “Put them in the ceiling, out of the way,” she said, indicating the drop ceiling tiles. “Let’s cover the entrances to the lobby and see if we can’t coordinate this lockdown in our favor.” She headed over toward the duty station, and hopefully access to the security system.

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:13 am

OOC Comments
Card Draw 1d54 = 11: 11
Marduk has only partial power, as being fully active would have been obvious. It will take a few seconds to be fully active, but he can move his arm using his human strength. He unlocks the reel and flicks his wrist, extending the plasma whip. He activates it, lighting the area with a fiery orange glow, and snakes the whip at one of the remaining guards.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3 Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d4 = 1: 1 Wild Fighting 1d6 = 4: 4
Plasma Whip Damage 5d6 = 19: 3, 1, 5, 6, 4
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:38 am

Well That Was Easy
The distraction team handles lobby security with ease. The mundane security guards never stood a chance, perhaps nobody ever suspected that a group of super powered beings would just walk through the front door. However, as easy as it was to dispatch the security team, there was a bigger threat on the way a special team armed with energy rifles, body armor, and inhibitor manacles is very close. They will no doubt be in position to assault the lobby within a few seconds.

The security station has cameras, some door controls, and other big-brother style security measures built into it. However, it requires a thumb print and password to activate and use. Good news is, there are also cameras down to the prison area where the alarm is forcing some of the security personnel to force all prisoners back into their cells. They would never expect anyone to show up without warning.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:33 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 = 2: 2
Wild Notice 1d6 = 6: 6
"Without warning" is, hopefully, precisely what describes Gothm's entrance through the wall of the sub-basement, coming in from the Northeast so as to arrive at the stairwell (instead inside one of the cells). He immediately looks around to get his bearings, at the same time the Mother reaches into her memory and sends a pair of prehistoric wolves to ward off any guards who might be present.

As the great beasts move in to incapacitate anyone threatening Gothm, he looks around.
Game Notes
Since his Mother's Body is currently set to the Bones, he gets +1 Toughness, making him 7 Toughness on legs/arms/head, and 11 (4) for the torso.

Dire Wolf Stats:
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d12, Vigor d10
Skills: Fighting d8, Notice d10, Stealth d4, Survival d4, Tracking d10
Charisma: -; Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 10 (1)
Edges: Weapon Focus (bite)
Special Abilities
• Armour +1: Thick pelt.
• Bite: Str+d6; Go for the Throat.
• Low Light Vision: No penalties for dim or dark lighting.
• Scent: Can navigate, track and detect creatures by scent (range 6", halved for upwind and doubled for downwind, doubled again for very strong scents). Only adjacent creatures can be pinpointed accurately, and attacks made using scent are made at -2.
• Fast Runner: Roll d8 when running instead of d6.
• Go for the Throat: Target least armoured location on a raise.
• Size +2: Nine feet long; Toughness +2.
Wolf Attacks, if necessary
Note that if they hit with a Raise (looks likely for Wolf 2), they automatically hit the least-armored location:

Wolf 1 1d8 = 7: 7
Damage: 1d12 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Total: 6 Damage
Wolf 2 1d8 = 8: 8
ACE Running Total 1d8+8 = 14: 6
Raise Damage: 1d12 = 7: 7 + 1d6 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 6: 6 + ACE Raise Damage 1d6 = 6: 6 + ACE Raise Damage 1d6 = 3: 3
Total: 24 Damage!


.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:58 am

"Alright, Old Man. I say we go now."

Raith stands close by so the Old Man can draw upon his teleport ability to enhance his sorcery. Then he sighs, "And I'll try not to kill anyone..unless they leave me no choice," he adds darkly.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:31 am

Notice 5 success, Common Knowledge 7 success, Spellcasting 12 success and 2 raise
If a penalty is applied to any of these rolls he will extra effort

Danger Sense Triggered on 6 or better
Notice 1d8 = 5: 5
Notice Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2


Common Knowledge
Smarts 1d10 = 7: 7
Smarts Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2

Spellcasting Roll d12+4, -4 for blind = 1d12
Spellcasting 1d12 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
Extra Effort 1d6+5 = 10: 5 Elan = +2

Use of healing only cinematic statement to allow grandson in the game
Working together with Mr. Raith Walker smiles. "Thank you. I appreciate your efforts Mr. Raith."
Teleporting into the cell area and arriving wit Gothm they quickly access the room. Walker is shocked and seems momentarily surprised. "We need to get this one out first." Teleporting into the cell he grabs his apparent doppelganger and teleports him next to Raith.
"Bradley, your alive? We are going to get you out of here." Walker knew the kid likely as not did not know him. He had spent a long time keeping track of family and to find a great, great, great, grandson he thought was dead not only alive but in a place he could help him was to much to believe.
Giving him a slight push of arcane energy to sharpen his senses he asks. "Are you well?" As he physically looks for signs of injury.
Snapping out of his shock he says to himself. "No time for emotions Hans... err Tony. Time to hep the others get out of these cells."
He then immediately gets to work on the plan, phasing, teleporting or tearing into the cells and pulling out the heroes 1 and two at a time.
Allocation
Spell points are allocated to Teleport for plan
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Bradley Collins » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:36 am

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d10 = 10: 10 Ace: 1d10+10 = 17: 7
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6

Smarts for Mind Reading if walker resists
Smarts: 1d12+2 = 5: 3 Should be 2 higher from Mentalist
Wild: 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Who is this old man? Is this the person that guard had mentioned?

Standing there slightly confused after being teleport out of his cell, Bradley begins rattling off questions and answers. "I am fine. I think. Who are you guys? Is the war over? Do you not know your own name? I am pretty sure these guys are here for war crimes. Maybe breaking them out isn't such a good idea." Instead of waiting for Walker's response he begins to look into Walker's mind to find out what he can.
Last edited by Bradley Collins on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 am

Feeling the intrusion in his mind from the power Walker cannot afford to lower his guard in the field of battle. But feeling the effect overcoming his defenses he tries to direct the boy to the important information.
He lets the boy find whatever information he needs, focusing on his attempts to keep track of his family and the boy and his failed efforts to rescue his great great granddaughter, the boys mother, from the scaled enemies of man. He focuses on the evils of the AGIS, and their lies. Hopefully the boy will allow them to rescue him. But tries to separate out the security information related to their support as if it never happened. Hopefully the boys skills are not enough to sense everything.
Resist Mind Reading 5 Failed by 2
Smarts versus Mind Reading
Smarts: 1d10 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Bradley Collins » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:57 am

OOC Comments
If there is a preferred color for telepathy I can change it.
After reading Walker's thoughts he realizes just how many things have begun to change in the world since the aliens original attack. He immediately reaches out to the people whom Walker deems friendly in his mind with his telepathy enabling the team to communicate leaving off the ax wielder whom Walker doesn't trust.
Oh my! I had never realized how far Aegis has come. This should help the team coordinate their efforts. Where do you need me?
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Gothm blinks as he gets contacted telepathically, but adapts. "if you can link in the young woman outside, her name is Summer, that would most likely help a great deal, young man. She's been coordinating us by radio, but going off-line means that even our... sponsor can't follow all of our actions--a situation I find more preferable. Call me Gothm. The wolves are with me."
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Bradley Collins » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Quickly adjusting to Gothm's suggestion, Bradley connects Summer as well to the communication.

Summer is it? This will be a better way to communicate with the team. The mysterious benefactor you guys have cannot listen in this way. Only minds that I connect. You will reach everyone on the team with but a thought.
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am

Delilah Notice 7 Success
Notice 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
***

“Okay, secure the guards out of sight,” Delilah told the others. She hiked one of the women up on her shoulder and carried her over to the security station. They were all alive. She used the woman’s thumb to access the security station, and then bound her with zip ties and a gag.

“Marduk, let’s get into the system,” Delilah said, glancing at the cameras, watching as guards put prisoners in cells, and then the arrival of Gothm and his wolves, Walker, and Wraith. “Good job,” she told the infiltration team. “Work quickly.”

Delilah snatched up the radio from the woman. “All clear. False alarm. We don’t need the super squad. Please disregard.”

Then there was another voice in her head, and Delilah blinked. She left hacking the computer to Marduk and the two techs back at Command while she went to the elevators. She listened at the door for the elevator that was running to determine which one the anti-super team might be ascending.

***

Summer had been daydreaming. She wasn’t stupid. She knew she’d been sidelined, that she didn’t really have an important job. She listened to the radio chatter, but her mother was really directing things. So her mind drifted off to last week when she’d gone shopping for this season’s bathing suit, getting ready for summer. She was trying to decide which bikini to get, the red one or the blue one. Both looked really, really good on her. The bigger question was which one would her mom not kill her for buying, and which one would Jimmy Delaney like?

::Summer is it? This will be a better way to communicate with the team. The mysterious benefactor you guys have cannot listen in this way. Only minds that I connect. You will reach everyone on the team with but a thought.::

Summer jumped and blinked. “What?” She looked around, getting odd looks from the two techs on the computers. She blushed. She knew of various powers from her mother, and old movies from before the war.

::Who is this?:: Summer thought, blushing. Had he seen her thoughts?

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Notice
Notice 1d8+2 = 6: 4
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Mitchell destroys the firing mechanism on the energy rifles and bends any melee weapons the guards may have had until they are unusable before stuffing them into the ceiling, making sure to replace the tile as best he can.

Using his mind to explore the room, he finally finds what he is looking for. He smiles inwardly as he telekinetically pulls the fire alarm.

"I always wanted to do that when I was in school."

As the alarms begin to blare, he merely shrugs at his companions.

"What? We are the distraction team, might as well 'distract'.

User avatar
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Brute » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Notice 10, Raise. Danger Sense Allows Brute to start combat on hold.
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
The fighting ends abruptly as the blind man tosses the guards that had escaped Brute's initial assault like leaves in the wind. Brute is not sure what to do next but suddenly he senses the approach or more guards and the danger beats at him like a flail. "Dee! More bad men are coming! Brute will stop the bad soljers holding the heroes in jail!" Moving towards the door the threat his hands ball once more into massive fists as his rage at the men that dared to hold the heroes that saved the world captive.

Rage that only increases when a strange voice sounds in his head. He shakes his head and growls, "Strange voice better get out of Brute's head or Brute will crush you. Brute not like hearing voices in Brute's head." Refocusing his attention on the doorway that leads to the impending danger he waits for it to arrive so that he can destroy it and protect his friends.
Brute IS the brute squad
Brute
Bennies 0 of 3

Player: James
Brute

Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget

Agility d8 | Smarts d4 | Spirit d8 | Strength d12+4 | Vigor d10
Charisma: -2* | Pace: 6(12) | Parry: 9 | Toughness: 25(6**);


* from outsider hindrance
**Armor covers the torso location and does not protect against called shots to the legs, arms or head.

Frequently used skills
Notice d6
Fighting d12+3
Throwing d8
Intimidation d6

Edges
  • AB(Superpowers)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Str
  • Fast Healer - +2 to natural healing rolls


Powers and Abilities
  • Size 1 (Growth, Always On)
  • Danger Sense - Notice roll to detect hidden dangers, start ambushes on Hold with raise.
  • Awareness - Ignore obscurement/Gang Up modifiers.
  • Punch Attack - Str + 4d6 damage, Heavy Weapon, applies to all fighting attacks per round.
  • Regen - Make healing roll once per hour and treats all permanent injuries as temporary ones.


Hindrances
  • Clueless - (-2) to most Common Knowledge rolls
  • Heroic - Character always helps those in need
  • Quirk - Character has some minor but persistent foible. Brute refers to himself in the third person.
  • Outsider - (-2) Charisma, treated badly by those of dominant society

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 am

Delilah Notice 7 Success
Notice 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Summer Notice 1 Crit fail
Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
***

“Thank you, Brute,” Delilah told the big man. “Keep calm. The voice in your head is a friend,” she tried to reassure him. “He’s helping us talk to the others.” She didn’t have time to try and explain telepathy to him.

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:55 am

Earlier:

Raith was on his nightly stroll around the ARES compound. He always walked along the very edge of the clearly marked perimeter, going as far as the Book's geas would let him in order to spite the standing orders from Warlord Peepants to not leave the compound unless on assignment. He was absorbed with the daunting task of getting his new symphonic box to actually play the music as intended but the buttons were irritatingly smaller than anything he was used to and the plethora of arcane menus and options was starting to vex him. Just play my music, damn you!

Later he chose to believe it was certainly his frustrated preoccupation with the device that allowed the vampire to get the drop on him.

Raith felt twin pinpricks of flame on his neck, under the back of his jaw, followed by a slow draining sensation throughout his entire being. "Ach! What the-?" His fighting instincts took over as he reached back and dislodged the fangs from his neck so he could 'port behind the attacker and launch a solid double punch to their back. A surprisingly high pitched gasp from the attacker as they flew to the ground stops him short. On the ground before him was not some alien assassin or jumped-up human supercommando, but a little wisp of a blonde haired, blue eyed girl about 17 years old. Even more astonishingly, she quickly recovered from a blow that would have liquefied a grown man's unarmored kidney and rose again to stand on her feet in a defensive crouch. She hissed at him, exposing her telltale fangs. Raith recalled the twin pinches in his neck and came to the obvious conclusion.

"Careful, girl. I don't know who you are but I know what you are. And you clearly do not know who you face," he said with a mocking grin and wagged his finger back-and-forth in the universal 'no-no' gesture just enough to guarantee she would ignore his warning and try her luck again. To his credit, when she did leap at him again, he gave her only a minor beating. Just enough to prove a point.

Once she finally realized it was hopeless to beat him, she gave up and suddenly became the curious young adult she appeared to be, demanding to know who and what he was, and how he was able to beat her so easily. It was then that Raith realized the vampire was in fact little older than she appeared to be. Freshly turned. She still thinks the transformation has made her unstoppable. Still intoxicated with the sudden transformation from a normal teen girl into a creature able to physically manhandle fully grown military men with ease and outrun world-class athletes. She doesn't yet see the price she paid. So young.

He ignored her questions. "You fight like a crippled sow. If you want to learn to fight like something other than a club-footed pig, meet me back here tomorrow night at 10pm. Sharp." He then blinked away to sit on a low-hanging branch behind her. "Better get going. Sun's coming up soon."

She swung around to face him after a furtive glance at the first signs of dawn along the western horizon. "Don't you have to get back, too? Doesn't the sun hurt you too?" she challenged.

He gave her a maddening grin and shrugged casually. "Nope." She growled at him and ran back to her quarters with preternatural speed.

But she showed up the following night, 10 sharp. That was the night she told him she often 'hunted' the mundane soldiers when they were out wandering alone. That was why she first attacked him the night before. She'd drain them just enough to put them to sleep and to supplement the meager blood rations ARES allowed her. They told her they kept her a little hungry because it would make her more focused when she was finally allowed to go on a mission. Raith suspected they did it to keep her weak.

The soldier/blood donor would wake up an hour later wondering what the hell happened but too embarrassed to tell anyone about it and not even notice the slim twin puncture marks on the back of their necks before they quickly healed over. Raith chuckled at the idea she thought he was food. She later told him his blood made her drowsy.

Over the following months they would meet most nights Raith wasn't on assignment. He would teach her how to fight without relying solely on her vampiric strength and reflexes and she would teach Raith how to quickly navigate those damnable electronic menu folders on his symphonic box so he could listen to his music. It was also Sasha who introduced him to the more modern, vigorous music of the current era, which he came to enjoy.

One day, he came back from a mission and she was gone. Raith just assumed Peepants finally deemed her worthy for action and had her transferred to her permanent unit to play her part in the war.


Now:
Notice 7 K-common 4
Notice: 1d8 = 7: 7
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2: 2

K-common: 1d8 = 2: 2
WILD dye: 1d6 = 4: 4
Raith ignores the telepathic intrusion from the Old Man's newly freed prisoner for now and makes his way from cell to cell until he finds the one containing Sasha. Looking through the door's small window he sees her, still cruelly bolted to the cold metal table in the manner shown on the screens back at the warehouse. He blinks into the cell to stand by her side. He looks into her yellowed, bloodshot eyes.

"Sasha, do recognize me?" he says calmly, hoping to see some spark of calm sanity in the sea of madness that are her eyes. There was none. Only a confused, feral terror. And hunger.

Raith draws a thumbnail across his palm and holds it over Sasha's mouth. She feeds on the tainted ichor that flows from the wound in an eager, mindless frenzy. After a full minute he pulls his hand away. Sasha's eyes become heavy lidded and some of the constant tension in her wracked body is visibly released.

"Sleep, child. It's time to go" he says....before bringing the hardened edge of his other hand down in a vicious slice that cleanly divorces her head from her neck. He rolls her head inside the black nylon sack and rips into her torso to add her still-beating heart for good measure. He wraps the nylon sack's slack around the cut in his off- hand and blinks back into the corridor to help the Old Man free the remaining prisoners.

He walks up to the first prisoner who Old Man freed and levels a dreadful gaze at him. "I will allow you to speak into my mind, but if you ever try anything else without my permission while you're in there I'll gut you where you stand."
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:50 am

Marduk ignores the distractions as he finishes powering up.

Marduk has a job to do...if he can manage it. That is using his interface unit to first get them through the lock, and after that to interface with the computer to do whatever he can to help both teams. He quietly wishes he was better at both abilities.

Step one, the door. Hopefully one of the guards has the right thumbprint for that...but the passcode is going to have to be hacked.

Step two is the computer system...that will probably take time as there is likely to be more than one thing to do...if he can get in.
OOC Comments
Lockpicking 1d8 = 8: 8 Wild Lockpicking 1d6 = 6: 6 Lockpicking Ace 1d8 = 1: 1 WL Ace 1d6 = 6: 6 WL Ace 2 1d6 = 6: 6 WL Ace 3 1d6 = 5: 5 Lockpicking = 23 (4 Raises)
Computers 1d6 = 3: 3 Wild Computer 1d6 = 3: 3 Computer = 3, failed this round
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:46 am

Upstairs
With the lobby security team easily under wraps, Delilah, Brute, Randy, Marduk, and Mitchell commandeer the Security Office (#2) on the map. Garnering a guard's thumbprint is no problem, Randy offers to grab one "to go" but Brute they manage to use an in tact officer instead. Inside the security room, Marduck hacks into the internal security system with alacrity. The whole network is off any external grid. No external power, no internet, no incoming or outgoing transmissions. The whole place is an island, completely self contained and cut-off from the world. Whatever is going on here, AEGIS is taking great pains to ensure there are no leaks. Of course, there's also the issue of the security system, he can see guards on the move on the main floor. They are an immediate concern as a group of them bursts from the armory (#15) in heavy riot gear and with anti-supers weapons. He cannot, however, see or access security on the lower levels. It must be on an independent system. Likely those on the top floor had no idea what was happening below.

They turn round the corner to see Brute, Mitch, Randy standing outside the door while Delilah and Marduck work operations inside. Rather than stand in the open they hug the wall and the leader calls out.

"Surrender now!"
Security Force
Marduk can see a team of a dozen highly armed security troops (energy rifles, body armor, nullification cuffs, etc.) lined in the corridor. Another six are trying to bypass the lock-out door into area #21.
AGEIS Rapid Response Agent
AEGIS Rapid Response Agent
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Skills: Driving d6, Fighting d10, Intimidation d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d6, Piloting d6, Shooting d10, Taunt d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 13 (6)
Hindrances: Loyal, Vow (Major - protect the Earth)
Edges: Brave, Connections (AEGIS), Marksman, Steady Hands
Gear: Combat armor (+6), pulse blaster rifle (Range 20/40/80, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 4, HW), rocket pack, nullifier shackles.
Downstairs
In the sub-basement everyone arrives without incident...well unless you count having your head invaded by an unfamiliar voice a non-incident. Bradley makes contact and starts coordinating their efforts. Despite the wolves, there do not appear to be any guards visible on this floor yet. Raith frees his friend, Sasha, while Walker pops out some of the others. They are in rough shape but grateful.

Unfortunately, the security features go into effect and the entire area begins to fill with noxious gas.
Gas!
Vigor roll vs. Knockout poison.
Knockout Poison: Knocked out for 2d6 hours with failure, or 2d6 minutes with success. With a raise the victim is only Fatigued
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:58 am

The gas filling the room was no surprise to Walker, he had prepared fo this and while he did get a little in him before he triggered his spell of shielding that sealed his body and prevented him from breathing the air around him. Once the spell was up he was comfortable.
“Now for the hard part, we will need a hole to the surface, and a fan to move the air out of here.”
Drilling a hole through the basement straight up to the ground level and summoning a giant fan Walker began pushing all the air out of the room. finally Walker draws on all his force of will and washes away the toxins from the bodies of everyone in the room

Vigor Roll 11, takes 1 fatigue
Walker's Vigor Roll
Vigor 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
  • Turns out Walker was expecting this and was prepared. (Trapping for Great Luck and Elan)
    Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 11: 4
OOC Comments
Use Matter Shaping to create a hole and circulate the air and use a benny for the power stunt
Use Super Sorcery and a benny to do mass healing
Then Use Matter Control to create barriers isolating the area (blocking off the air systems and new people from coming.
This would be 3 actions and require a minimum of 2 more bennies and potentially more as rolls will be tough.


Spellcasting for Does Not Breath -1 Fatigue & -4 MAP
Spellcasting 1d12 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny Extra Effort 1d6+5 = 8: 3

Spellcasting for Matter Shaping make a hole and blocking the inlet vents. -1 Fatigue & -4 MAP
Spellcasting 1d12 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+5 = 10: 5

Spellcasting for Healing Feat using a Benny +Elan -1 Fatigue & -4 MAP
Spellcasting 1d12+2 = 11: 9
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1

.
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:00 am

OOC Comments
Vigor 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Vigor 1d6 = 1: 1
Extra Effort Benny 1d6+5 = 6: 1

Wulp, that was a wasted benny.... :P

Success = 2d6 = 9: 5, 4 9 Minutes

.
Gothm takes a face-full of the gas, and passes out, snoring softly. His last conscious thought is to dismiss the two wolves, lest they suffer unnecessarily.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Bradley Collins » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:16 pm

OOC Comments
Vigor: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace(Rolling total): 1d6 = 6: 6 Second ace this time actually adding in previous rolls: 1d6+12 = 16: 4
Spending benny to perform power trick and mind over matter type scenario to make me immune to poison and block it out.
If he finds the person using gas he will drop telepathy to mind control them.
Bradley reaches out with his mind trying to find anyone whom might be handling the gas. He also lets the outside team know that the prison is releasing a gas and that Gothm has already succumbed.
Last edited by Bradley Collins on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 am

Delilah Notice 7 Success, Agents
Notice 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Summer Notice 7 Success
Notice 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
***

Delilah sighed as the anti-supers squad burst out of the armor. “Looks like the party is starting,” she said, pulling the helmet of her Aegis squad armor back on.

Delilah picked up her rifle and edged along the wall herself, toward the squad at the corner. “It doesn’t have to be like this!” she called. “No one needs to get hurt! You all have families you want to go home to in the morning,” she reminded. “Go back into the armory, let us have what we came for, and everyone stays safe. I can’t guarantee anything if you turn this violent.”
Persuasion -1 Crit fail
Persuasion 1d4-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Marduk states flatly, his voice modulator making him sound robotic and unemotional, "This unit has survived combat with alien armored main battle units in this array. The odds of your survival should this conflict escalate to violence are not in your favor."

Of course, the thing about tanks (and similar Alien units) is they tend to be slower and less maneuverable. They are easier for Marduk to beat than something small and maneuverable. Still, he can do some pretty impressive things if required...as can the others. These may be "anti super units", but in general those are intended to deal with a small number of supers. There are likely to be too many of us for them to handle...and hopefully they know that too.

Of course, Persuasion is not his strong suit...
OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d4 = 4: 4 Wild Persuade 1d6 = 5: 5 Persuasion Ace 1d4 = 1: 1 Persuasion 5 - success
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2 Wild Notice 1d6 = 4: 4 Notice 4 - success
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Brute » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:41 pm

First Action Punch Lead Guard, 12, Raise, Damage 25. Second Action Intimidate remaining Guards, 7 + situational bonus if applicable, Success.
Fighting 1d12 = 11: 11
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild Ace 1d6 = 5: 5

Intimidation 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

-1 bennie for Extra Effort for Intimidation 1d6 = 5: 5


+3 to Fighting roll
-2 to both rolls due to MAP

Damage Strength 1d12+4 = 6: 2 + Melee Attack 4d6 = 14: 3, 3, 6, 2 + Raise 1d6 = 3: 3 + Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
The appearance of the new security guards enrages Brute but he his momentarily confused as Dee attempts to reason with the guards with no apparent success. Brute does not understand, they were there to stop the bad men from hurting the heroes and locking them up! Brute only knows one why to deal with men who have guns and want to hurt Brute or his friends.

Brute snarls at the cowering security guards. "Brute not like you! You make Brute angry! Brute Crush!" Charging the lead guard he backhands him sending him pinwheeling into the opposite wall. "Brute say you should run, NOW!!! ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!"
Last edited by Brute on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Brute IS the brute squad
Brute
Bennies 0 of 3

Player: James
Brute

Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget

Agility d8 | Smarts d4 | Spirit d8 | Strength d12+4 | Vigor d10
Charisma: -2* | Pace: 6(12) | Parry: 9 | Toughness: 25(6**);


* from outsider hindrance
**Armor covers the torso location and does not protect against called shots to the legs, arms or head.

Frequently used skills
Notice d6
Fighting d12+3
Throwing d8
Intimidation d6

Edges
  • AB(Superpowers)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Str
  • Fast Healer - +2 to natural healing rolls


Powers and Abilities
  • Size 1 (Growth, Always On)
  • Danger Sense - Notice roll to detect hidden dangers, start ambushes on Hold with raise.
  • Awareness - Ignore obscurement/Gang Up modifiers.
  • Punch Attack - Str + 4d6 damage, Heavy Weapon, applies to all fighting attacks per round.
  • Regen - Make healing roll once per hour and treats all permanent injuries as temporary ones.


Hindrances
  • Clueless - (-2) to most Common Knowledge rolls
  • Heroic - Character always helps those in need
  • Quirk - Character has some minor but persistent foible. Brute refers to himself in the third person.
  • Outsider - (-2) Charisma, treated badly by those of dominant society

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Notice
Notice 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Mitchell sighs to himself as he sees the AEGIS response team,

“Why do they have to be energy weapons? I hate energy weapons. What happened to the good old days when guns threw a good ‘ol solid chunk of lead at you?”

Listening to Delilah and looking down at the lobby guards tossed about like children’s toys,

“I don’t think they believe you, Delilah. As I already found out, they are quite dedicated to their jobs. Must have a good benefits package”

Then Marduk speaks. Maybe it's the electronic modulation or maybe it's the mention of alien invaders, but something behind it gives Mitchell pause as he is about to toss the lead guard down the hallway. Instead he rises up off the ground and after a couple of telekinetic tugs pulls the lead agent’s rifle out of his hand spinning it around so the business end it pointing at his visored helmet.

Might as well try and not put heads through walls this time
Telekinetic Disarm
Telekinetic Action 1: Fighting 1d12-2 = 1: 3
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 1: 3 Fail
Telekinetic Action 2: Fighting 1d12-2 = 7: 9 Success
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3: 5
"Yes, do as Marduk, Killer of Tanks and Scourge of Alien Life says. You are dealing with powers you cannot begin to comprehend. Stand down or be destroyed."
Test of Wills
Normal Action: Intimidate 1d4+2 = 4: 2
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5 7 vs. Spirit

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:56 am

Notice 2 K-common 7
Notice: 1d8 = 2: 2
WILD dye: 1d6 = 2: 2

K-common: 1d8 = 4: 4
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6: 6
-ACE: 1d6 = 1: 1
As Raith moves to the next cell to free its prisoner, he hears gas start to issue from the vents. He turns to warn Gothm and Old Man but sees he is too late. Gothm is collapsed into a snoring heap with his wolves nowhere to be found and the Old Man... actually shrugs it off, to Raith's amazement, even if his face looks a bit more grey than usual. Tough old bastard.

Not waiting for the other two infil-team members to recover, Raith moves to the rest of the locked doors and destroys their locking mechanisms with focused Shattersoul strikes. Once everyone is freed he turns and announces in a loud voice, "It doesn't really matter much to me, as you can see, but if any of you have any way to deal with this sleeping gas or whatever it is before everyone else goes nighty-night it would really make our job a lot easier." He raises his eyebrows and gazes expectantly at the newly released super powered prisoners.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 am

Upstairs
Thigns don’t go really well for the security team as Delilah and Marduk attempt to disuade them from pressing the attack. If the message wasn’t clear Brute and Mitchell make it so. Rounding the corner Brute pulverizes the lead guard leaving him broken and beaten, perhaps even dead on the floor. The others quickly begin to fall back down the hall. For their trouble Mitchell relieves a number of them of their weapons with telekinesis. Unable to mount much of a resistance they raise their hands in surrender.

Meanwhile at the security station Marduk notices a door open indicator start to blink. Checking the cameras he can see the second security team re-entering the building via a fire exit near area 5. It looks like their intention was to flank the heroes, but now with their mates in a bind they are proceeding around the labs in order to come out behind Mitch and Brute.

Downstairs
When Raith rips the door off of one cell the anti-escape countermeasures kick in flooding the prison area with a powerful nerve agent. The gas works quickly, sending Gothm to the floor. Wraith, Bradley, and Walker keep their feet - for now. While Walker attempts to find a way to even the gas Bradley uses his mind over matter abilities to block the effects of the gas then search for an operator. He finds the mind of a security worker in the office on this floor, he also senses some unusual, alien and animalistic minds in the elevator.

While occupied with the gas the elevator dings open, come from a level below the prison - a level not on the map Marks has provided! Three heavily armed and armored figures exit the elevator and move through the prison to secure the escapees. Raith and Walker immediately recognize the armored suits and reptilian features - Sarpah foot soldiers! It appears the vanquished invaders are still present on the planet and working security in a government facility!
Sarpah Foot Soldiers, Alien Invaders!
Image
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Skills: Driving d6, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6, Notice d8, Piloting d6, Shooting d10
Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 25 (16)
Edges: Alertness, Brawny, Berserk
Hindrances: Bloodthirsty, Greedy, Distinctive Appearance
  • Advanced Armored Exoskeleton: +16 Armor
  • Deflector Shields: -2 to ranged attacks against
  • Particle Beam Rifle: 4d6, AP 4, HW, 12/24/48
  • Super Attributes: +1 Agility, Strength, Vigor (6)
  • Prehensile Tail: +1 action
  • Thick Skin: +2 toughness
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Marduk states, "Partial interface secured, security cameras in area accessed, second security team attempting flanking maneuver through fire exit in what is designated as 'Area 5'. Mitchell and Brute units are advised to prepare for assault."

Hopefully that sounded robotic enough. Now, can John secure better access to the rest of the computer system? He will have to trust his team members to do their job...which means he has to do his. They wanted the doors open, if that can be done remotely, and access to the records on who is here and what has been done to them...
OOC Comments
Computers 1d6 = 3: 3 Wild Computer 1d6 = 5: 5
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:55 am

Delilah Notice #
Notice 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Summer Notice #
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
***

Delilah looked up as Marduk broke through the comms to alert them of the other team coming through another door farther into the facility.

“Brute, Mitch, take care of them. I’ll secure the prisoners.”

Delilah looked at the surrendered security officers. She found some plastic zip cuffs and started to secure their hands and feet.

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:00 am

Notice 21 K-common 3
Notice: 1d8 = 8: 8
-ACE: 1d8 = 8: 8
-ACE2: 1d8 = 5: 5

WILD dye: 1d6 = 1: 1

K-common: 1d8 = 2: 2
WILD dye: 1d6 = 3: 3
When Raith sees the alien reptiles bound out of the elevator he yells to Old Man, "Look there! We've been betrayed by that insufferable merchant and his hollow-gram! I think I'll remove his spleen through his mouth the next time I see him." He teleports into the midst of the aliens and attacks as soon as he sees them, in an effort to keep them away from Old Man and Sleeping Gothm.

combat rolls
Raith will try to teleport adjacent to as many of them as possible and split his 2 attacks between 2 of them

Fighting R-Hand: 1d12+3 = 10: 7
WILD dye: 1d6+3 = 7: 4
1st attack: 10 success
  • Spectral Strike Damage R-hand (6AP, HW): 1d8 = 6: 6 + 3d6 = 15: 5, 5, 5 + 4
    WILD dye: 1d6 = 1: 1
    1st damage: (6AP, HW) 25
    ATK Raise bonus damage if needed: 1d6 = 2: 2 (not added - no raise)
Fighting L-(Off)Hand: 1d12+1 = 10: 9
-Extra Effort -1 benny: 1d6 = 4: 4
WILD dye: 1d6+1 = 4: 3
2nd attack: 14 raise
  • Spectral Strike Damage L-hand (6AP, HW): 1d8 = 3: 3 + 3d6 = 9: 2, 3, 4 + 4
    WILD dye: 1d6 = 3: 3
    2nd damage: (6AP, HW) 22
    ATK Raise bonus damage if needed: 1d6 = 5: 5 (added - raise)
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:31 am

Notice
Notice 1d8+2 = 6: 4
Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
Mitchell nods at Delilah.

”Well big guy, how do you want to handle this? Beat them up with as much collateral damage as possible?”

Mitchell then draws his power baton and sends it straight at the guards.
Actions
Action: Telekinetically draw baton

Extra Telekinetic Action 1: Attack Guard Fighting 1d12 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4 =4 Miss

Extra Telekinetic Action 2: Attack Another Guard Fighting 1d12 = 9: 9
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6 = 3: 3 =9 Hit

Damage: 1d12 = 4: 4+ 1d4 = 3: 3+ 1d6 = 5: 5+5 =17 Just enough for shaken and a raise
The first guard ducks the charged baton but the second one isn't so lucky with the back swing, catching it squarely in the faceplate and sending him sprawling.

"You're up big guy. I was hoping they would take the hint like the other ones, but evidently they are gluttons for punishment."

User avatar
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Bradley Collins » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:30 pm

OOC Comments
Smarts: 1d12+4 = 10: 6
Wild: 1d6+4 = 9: 5
If I gain control. Bradley will have them stay still and drop their weapons. If I do not get all three of them I would like to have the other two shoot the resistor. The operator he will have evacuate the gas and stop it.
Bradley almost fearful when he notices the aliens are here as well overcomes it and reaches out to the team.

Sorry I must drop our mental bond. There is an Alien threat down here and a sublevel. We also need to stop the gas as it is hampering us all.

After dropping the telepathy Bradley attempts control the operator and the three aliens whom just walked in the door.
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 am

Delilah Notice 11 Raise
Notice 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
***

“Wait, what?” Summer exclaimed as the voice spoke in her head again. “Aliens? What gas? Mo--Athena, did you copy that?”

“I copied, Overwatch,” Delilah confirmed over comms. “Gentlemen, sounds like trouble down below. Let’s wrap this up. We may be needed.”

***
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Gothm comes around, and sees the three aliens as Bradley attempts to subdue them. He stands back up, attempting to regain his dignity, and waits to see if the creatures are under control before launching an attack. Hearing some of the radio chatter, he demurs. "While I would not be surprised if our 'corporate sponsor' were aware of the fact that our government has made a deal with the aliens, he may very well have initiated this whole affair in order to reveal to us the truth of the situation. Manipulative and risky, but not necessarily a 'trap' as such."
OOC Comments
Going On Hold, will attempt to interrupt if the Sarpah actually move to attack.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Card draw: 1d54 = 20: 20 - 7S

Upstairs
Marduk is able to gain control of the computer systems and soon receives a call from the hackers waiting outside, ”We need you to create a link to the outside world so we can implant our worm. You’ll also need to find a way to patch into the downstairs network, that’s where the good stuff will be.” They also report that an Armoured Personnel Carrier rolls up to the front door and some agents in fancy looking power armour jump out and plant shape charges on the security door. (+1 success required, 6 total)

Meanwhile, Brute and Mitchell are easily able to keep the AEGIS agents at bay until things suddenly take a turn for the worse. Randy, who has been uncharacteristically quiet until now, finally speaks up, ”Sorry Delilah, I only take cash or ass and you weren’t putting out.”

Downstairs
As the aliens exit the elevator, Mr. Raith wastes no time in killing two of them. However, the proverbial cat is out of the bag as the elevator hisses open again and this time a half down aliens appear, armed to the teeth and ready for a fight. They secure the hallway outside the elevator and send it back down for more reinforcements! It might be time to start getting the hell out of dodge! To help keep things even the gas begins to flow even more heavily, making it hard to move the prisoners (+1 success required, 6 total)
Narrative Task
okay, we're going to try something new...kind of cooperative storytelling. I would like to do this next part as a combination of dramatic task, interlude, quick combat, and mass combat rules. It's designed to give you a role in creating a combined narrative related to an adventure. I am going to define a set of tasks that must be completed simultaneously. There is a lead skill and helpful other skills for each task. Decide who will do what, roll, narrate the results like an interlude. You can use a benny for power tricks to complete a task. Also, Collateral Damage and Agent rules still apply when using super powers to complete a task.

GM
  • Set the scene
  • Outline the tasks
  • Identify needed skills for each task
  • Set the Difficulty for each task
  • Identify Resource use

Players:
  • Identify Task Team: Different group for each task.
  • Roll d’em bones: Like quick combat, each success and raise counts as 1. Can’t use same trait in consecutive rounds.
  • Narrate an interlude-esque story describing the results
  • Manage resources

Rounds
  • 3 Rounds (PBP weeks)
  • Draw a card each round
    • Diamonds: Normal
    • Hearts: Major benefit, +2 to skill rolls (GM narrates an new benefit)
    • Clubs: Complication, -2 to skill rolls (GM narrates a complication)
    • Spades: Well shit! Adds +1 required success (GM narrates a reason)
  • Success on skill roll, +1 success per raise.
  • Tasks are done simultaneously (must split people among tasks not all 8 - or whatever - at once)

Benefits
  • Success: 1 XP
  • Success + 5: 2 XP
  • Success + 10: 2 XP, 1 EP
Upstairs
Your job is to hold down the fort while Marduk works with the hackers to implant a worm into the government systems. This has two important tasks that you have 3 rounds (weeks) to complete.

1) The Hack - Create a connection to the outside world to allow KENMARK hackers into the secure site. Also, create a link to the downstairs to access the real juicy data.
Skills: K/Computers, K/Electronics, K/Computers, Repair
Difficulty: -2
Successes Needed: 5

2) Randy! That double crossing SOB is working with the security forces to stop the hack. He’s hard to kill and deadly - supported by AEGIS agents with energy weapons. Hold them off, or kill them all, but either way each failure in this task adds +1 success required to the hack as agents mess something up.
Skills: Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, combat skills
Difficulty: Opposed! Roll vs. Randy’s Fighting or Shooting Skill (d12+4)
Price of Failure: Failures result in 1 wound and 1 required success to the hack.
Downstairs
Your job is to teleport the prisoners to safety while holding off the aliens coming up the elevator from the unknown sub-level. This job also has two tasks.

Teleport. Raith and Walker use their powers to move people to safety.
Skills: Teleport power
Difficulty: -2
Successes Needed: 5

Aliens! They just keep coming up the elevator.
Skills: Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, combat skills
Difficulty: -4
Price of Failure: Failures result in 1 wound and 1 required success to the teleport.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:42 am

Delilah Notice 7 Success
Notice 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Summer Notice 3 Fail
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
***

“Copy, support,” Delilah acknowledged Kenmark’s radio traffic. “Marduk, you got the computer?”

And then Randy spoke up, and Delilah spun around, seeing more agents outside.

“Damn it, Randy! What did you do?”

Delilah sized Randy up. She had seen him fight, and new his file, enough to know he was a better fighter than her. If she was going to do this, she would need to be tougher and smarter. Strength wasn’t going to beat him.

So Delilah shifted her nanites, toughening her body.

Delilah rushed at Randy, planting a hand on a small table in the lobby and lashing out at him with both feet.
Reminder
Randy should have a -2 on his Fighting roll for Delilah’s Uncanny Reflexes.
Fighting 10 opposed roll
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
“Mom! Be careful!” Summer yelled with concern over their comm link. “Randy, you bastard!” Summer looked around for something she could do, looking over to the energy rifle in the corner.

***
Actions
Shifting power to Super Vigor
Attacking Randy
Conditions
*5 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Vigor: +2 die type Vigor (d12), Toughness 14 (6)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:30 am

Marduk answers Delilah, "Affirmative, Computer interface increase to superuser mode in progress." Of course, he is not really as confident as he sounds, but that is what he was told he would need to do.

(Adam West benny flashback)
Marduk had spent some time during preparation with the allied hacking team, he had explained his thought about using his interface tool to hack the system and then added, "This unit is multi-function, not a machine specifically designed for interfacing with computers. Logic dictates a requirement for specialized programming. Further logic dictates that such programming not be done to central processing functions to prevent damage to the AI. A suite of programs designed to enhance the function of the interface unit would be suggested."

The KENMARK Hacking team has been willing to help, perhaps suspiciously willing, and had given him a set of tools with specific uses such as bypassing firewalls, hacking passwords, and decrypting files. He had tested those tools to learn how to use them, using an interface he had rigged up from parts recovered from those armors we had faced in the collapsing building scenario so the interface unit would not be interacting directly with his MARDUK armor. As far as he can tell there is no virus in the programs, but he is hardly the expert.

He had been told, "What you will want to do is get into Superuser Mode, this will put you in charge of the entire computer and then you can use all of its resources to aid your team as well as to download or alter files as you see fit."
(end of Flashback)

John starts utilizing the virtual hacking tools now resident in his Interface Unit to access the functions he needs...reaching superuser mode would be great but he is not sure he can manage it. He also uses his communications unit to establish a download link to the hacking team. Being a bit cautious he keeps the link open only one way so they get what he sends them. He has a voice line to the hacking team open, but does not want them having direct access to his suit (or the programs they designed).
OOC Comments
Knowledge: Engineering 1d8-2 = 2: 4 Wild KE 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Computers 1d6-2 = 1: 3 Wild C 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Repair 1d8-2 = 5: 7 Wild R 1d6-2 = 1: 3
For now am assuming that the hacking tools do not deal with the -2 on the rolls
Edit: the Hacking Tools add a +2, cancelling the difficulty, this give a Engineering roll of 5 (Success) and a Computers roll of 3 (Failure) and a Repair roll of 7 (Success) for 2 successes for the round.
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:00 am

Walker gets with Raith and starts gathering the prisoners. "We need to stick to the plan. The fact that Agis is working for the enemy is no surprise so lets stay on task now."
Walker starts forming the arcane symbols needed for the work out over the area. While not an easy task they had practiced this and there was no need to let themselves be overwhelmed now.
Downstairs Teleport Team - Spellcasting 15 = 3 Successes
Spellcasting d12+4 & -2 for Dramatic task
Spellcasting 1d12+2 = 10: 8
Wild Die Spellcasting 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Benny to Reroll Adds +2 For Elan
Spellcasting 1d12+4 = 5: 1
Wild Die Spellcasting 1d6+4 = 7: 3

2nd and last Benny to Reroll Adds +2 For Elan
Spellcasting 1d12+4 = 15: 11
Wild Die Spellcasting 1d6+4 = 9: 5

.
I had lots of bennies i need to spend this turn, so even if the first one worked I had to spend them rather than waste them.
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:07 am

OOC Comments
Dire Tiger Fighting 1d10-4 = 1: 5
Wild Die 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Extra Effort Benny 1d6+1 = 2: 1

Spending an Adam West Benny to turn this into a success.
Moments Ago

Gothm traversed the Bones of the Mother on his way from the van to the stronghold holding the other ARES agents. He liked to delve deep on such occasions--further from the pollutants of the surface, more attuned to the Mother herself. And besides, bursting up through the floor would make a wonderful psychological advantage for his opening att--what was this?

A wall. Not a foundation, he was certain of that. An actual wall, a good 10' below the sub-basement--this facility is larger, potentially much larger, than they first realized. Better to not burst in here--he would set off alarms and be alone at the same time. Focus on the mission at hand, then tell the others so the team--if it can be called such, yet--can investigate further as needed.

Redirecting his movement, he gets level with the building, preparing to burst through the wall just in time... and catching a faceful of gas even as he conjures and then dismisses the wolves. Only as he wakes up does he see the lights on the elevators.


***********

Whatever is in that basement is coming up here.... I suspect they will not be friendly. Sure, he was shocked when the Sarpah poured out of the elevator, but not so much that he couldn't drop one of the deadliest hunters from the Mother's past into the elevator as the doors closed to collect the next round of alien 'security'.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Bradley Collins » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:19 am

OOC Comments
Stat normally +2, +2 Psionics/Mentalist, -4 task difficulty
Smarts: 1d12 = 8: 8
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny for EE: 1d6 = 5: 5
13 total for +3 Success
Able to sense their minds as they get into the elevator, Bradley takes over a few of them and sends them down to scope out the lower facility and cause chaos with the tiger among any reinforcements. Those that do not succumb to his mind control are immediately shot by those who do. He also has them look for ways to shut down the gas permanently from the facility below.

"There are numerous Sarpah below. If we do not hurry this could go south. I will use their own people to help hold them off."
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5

User avatar
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Brute » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Notice 8, Raise. Fighting 11
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

-1 bennie for Extra Effort 1d6 = 5: 5

Fighting 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

-1 bennie for Extra Effort 1d6 = 2: 2

+3 to Fighting
Brute is not completely sure what Randy is talking about but Dee's anger and the flash of danger he feels towards Randy make up the difference. With a roar Brutes massive paw reaches for Randy's head intent on hurling Randy into the nearest wall. "Randy hurt Dee. Brute CRUSH Randy! Arrrrrrrgggggghhhh!"
Last edited by Brute on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Brute IS the brute squad
Brute
Bennies 0 of 3

Player: James
Brute

Alts: Tiberius, Hawdore, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget

Agility d8 | Smarts d4 | Spirit d8 | Strength d12+4 | Vigor d10
Charisma: -2* | Pace: 6(12) | Parry: 9 | Toughness: 25(6**);


* from outsider hindrance
**Armor covers the torso location and does not protect against called shots to the legs, arms or head.

Frequently used skills
Notice d6
Fighting d12+3
Throwing d8
Intimidation d6

Edges
  • AB(Superpowers)
  • Brawny - Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Str
  • Fast Healer - +2 to natural healing rolls


Powers and Abilities
  • Size 1 (Growth, Always On)
  • Danger Sense - Notice roll to detect hidden dangers, start ambushes on Hold with raise.
  • Awareness - Ignore obscurement/Gang Up modifiers.
  • Punch Attack - Str + 4d6 damage, Heavy Weapon, applies to all fighting attacks per round.
  • Regen - Make healing roll once per hour and treats all permanent injuries as temporary ones.


Hindrances
  • Clueless - (-2) to most Common Knowledge rolls
  • Heroic - Character always helps those in need
  • Quirk - Character has some minor but persistent foible. Brute refers to himself in the third person.
  • Outsider - (-2) Charisma, treated badly by those of dominant society

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Notice: 7
1d8+2 = 6: 4
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5

Dammit, we should have seen this coming!

"Brute, Randy is definitely a bad man now. We can't let Delilah go toe to toe with him by herself!

Sensing Delilah’s movement, Mitchell launches a volley of telekinetic blows at the traitorous Randy as well.
TK Wild Fighting: Adam West Success, 11, and 13
Attack 1: Fighting 1d12+2 = 9: 7 I am going to turn this into an auto success with an Adam West Benny
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Attack 2: Fighting 1d12+2 = 10: 8 Benny for Extra Effort: 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 3: 1

Attack 3: Fighting 1d12+2 = 13: 11
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Flashback!

As Mitchell stows the lobby guard's weapons into the ceiling, he gets a little concerned with Randy's willingness to permanently maim or kill one of the guards just to get access to the rest of the facility after they have already been thrown around and beat up enough.

I'll just cinch that big 'ol axe of his down a bit tighter. Make a little harder to draw and maybe it will be enough to delay some unnecessary carnage so cooler heads can prevail
OOC Comments
Intent is to make Randy waste an action drawing his axe as Mitchell telekinetically tied it down to make it harder to hack up the guards, but now that he is fighting us it works in our favor

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Notice 8 K-common 5
Notice: 1d8 = 6: 6
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6: 6
-ACE: 1d6 = 2: 2

K-common: 1d8 = 4: 4
WILD dye: 1d6 = 5: 5
Downstairs Teleport Team 21 = 5 successes
Smarts roll for teleport assist w/ -2 scene penalty: 1d8-2 = 6: 8
-ACE: 1d8 = 8: 8
-ACE2: 1d8 = 4: 4
-Extra Effort -1 benny: 1d6 = 3: 3
WILD dye: 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Old Man wrote:"We need to stick to the plan. The fact that Agis is working for the enemy is no surprise so lets stay on task now."
"What do you mean 'No surprise'? You will explain that to me further after we get out of here," Mr. Raith commands, his eyes narrowing in suspicion. He closes his eyes and concentrates as the old wizard begins to draw upon his power for the mass teleportation.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:03 am

Mr. Raith wrote:"What do you mean 'No surprise'? You will explain that to me further after we get out of here," Mr. Raith commands, his eyes narrowing in suspicion. He closes his eyes and concentrates as the old wizard begins to draw upon his power for the mass teleportation.
"I simply note that the Agis responses have been extreme and out of proportion to what is needed. My assumption was they were working for the Russians or the Chinese. But to find they are working for the skins is equal in context. After all evil men, do what they must and rarely discriminate on the source of their power and authority."
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Gothm reaches out through the link provided by Bradley. Once we and the prisoners are clear of this building, unless someone comes up with an excellent reason for it not to happen, I intend on bringing this entire facility down around their ears. Any objections?
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:27 am

Old Man wrote:"I simply note that the Agis responses have been extreme and out of proportion to what is needed. My assumption was they were working for the Russians or the Chinese. But to find they are working for the skins is equal in context. After all evil men, do what they must and rarely discriminate on the source of their power and authority."
Russians and Chinese? Mr. Raith hides his ignorance of the current global geopolitical makeup and says with disdain, "What madness. For all your marvelous scientific advancements you modern humans are still depressingly predictable."
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:36 am

Without pausing in his formation of the gate and maintenance of the power Walker begins lecturing in the fashion old men often do. "Life does not exist in a vacuum Mr Raith.
"Everything fights for dominance, from the tiniest microbes fighting for their ability to procreate at the cost of animal and human life, to a blade of grass being deprived of the sun it desires by a great oak.
"It is the nature of all living things to fight and rest resources and security from one another."
Taking a sad breath he adds. "Unfortunately when we see humans struggling to secure power we expect more wisdom and willingness to divide resources, but such a thing goes against the very nature that allowed us to live on this planet for thousands of years to begin with. No matter if you believe in evolution, seeders, or a creator the end result is we must all compete to secure the resources others would deny us. However in this case, the humans here have chosen the success of enemies over human kind itself."
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:25 am

Mr. Raith chuckles despite himself. "Oh yes. Yes, yes! Survival of strongest and all that. I'm quite familiar with concept, believe me. But still...wouldn't you agree there is a special place deep in the hells reserved for those who betray their own? No matter how strong the culture or herd or virus or whatever, everything is vulnerable to corruption from within and it should excised ruthlessly before it can spread."
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:11 pm

"Oh yes of course, I was born in late 19th century Germany and my experiences have done nothing but reinforce my beliefs in God. I believe these types will definitely find themselves in a hell of greater punishment. Their willingness to throw away the whole of the earth for a few moments of glory than most others. For they have willing forsaken all of mankind."
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Freemage
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Freemage » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Gothm chuffs. "Can you two discuss theology sometime when we are not about to be swarmed by hordes of alien beasts?"
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 5/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • Xavier 0/2 (TI 3; Int 1; PPE 29)
  • Synn 1/2
  • Lust 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: Incap
  • Wrath 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: Incap
  • Sloth 0/1 Burn: 1 Wounds: 1 IRS Used: 2
  • Pride: Dead
  • Avarice 0/1 Burn: 1 IRS Used: 1 Wounds: 2
  • Envy 0/1 Burn: 2 Wounds: Incap
  • Gluttony 0/1 Burn: 1 Wounds: Incap

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Randy Round 1: 1d12+4 = 10: 6 (Wild 1d6 = 5: 5)

Round 2 Card: 1d54 = 21: 21 8 of SPADES (Oh Shit! +1 Success Needed)
Round 2 Randy: 1d12+4 = 9: 5 (Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

Upstairs
Randy joining the AEGIS Agents steels their resolve a little as the sociopathic super hero leads his fair weather allies on the offensive. Fortunately for the group, Delilah kicks a table at him giving Brute and opening to pummel the loud mouthed loser while Mitchell keeps the agents at bay with some fancy telekinesis. Inside the control room, Marduck works furiously but isn’t able to make as much progress as he hoped. The good news is, his friends had things under control outside.

Or at least they did. An explosion rocks the front of the building as the external AEGIS team uses shaped charges to blast open the security door. The Armored Personnel carrier rakes the lobby with .50 caliber machine gun fire before a group of agents storm into the build catching the heroes between Randy’s team and the newcomers. Things just got a lot more harry!

Downstairs
Imitating a tiger trap, Gothm puts a terrible beast in the elevator, stalling the reinforcements from arrive for a few minutes. Meanwhile, Bradley seizes control of a few Sarpah's minds, setting them against their fellow alines. The confusion cause by the tiger and the blue-on-blue fire holds causes all sorts of confusion, keeping the aliens busy while Raith and Walker begin the esape. Unfortunately, while teleporting was easy, convincing the tortured heroes that they should leave rather than fight the Sarpah was harder!

Establishing a portal and getting a few more self-preserving prisoners out Walker and raith have a harder time convincing one or two of the supers to leave while there are still Sarpah to fight.
Narrative Task
My hope was you guys would narrate more of a story including the bad guys reactions, kind of like an interlude...can we try that this round?

Hacking: 2 of 6 successes
Teleporting: 8 of 6 Successes
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:03 pm

John is sweating inside his armor, though hopefully no one can tell that. He knows this will take too long as things are going, he needs something to quickly hurry his progress.

He can only think of one thing that might work...his thread assessor, it is a pattern recognition system...if he can use the hacking programs to make it analyze the opposing systems, it could tell him what he needs to do to finish this hack in time...treating the opposing systems as threats and analyzing away past.

John quickly works the connections between divergent systems, hoping that this actually works, rather than shorting out his armor.

(using my Macgyver edge to kit-bash a solution)
OOC Comments
Knowledge: Engineering 1d10 = 7: 7, Wild Engineering 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny spent on Extra Effort 1d6 = 2: 2 Engineering roll 9, 2 successes
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Delilah Notice 1 Crit fail
Notice 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Summer Notice 5
Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
***

Delilah ducked the explosion and dove for cover as the gunfire raked the building. “Damn it!” she cursed. “You guys got this? I’m going to help Marduk so we can get the hell out of here!”

Keeping low, Delilah charged back to the computer. “How’s it going?” she asked him. “How can I help?” It looked like he was having some success. She would see if she could speed things up.
K. Engineering 6 1 Success
-2 Difficulty
K. Engineering 1d4-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Benny to reroll
K. Engineering 1d4-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Spending an Adam West benny to add +4
***

“What do we do?” Summer asked the Kenmark hackers. “Can you...call them off or something? Call in a super sighting nearby they need to respond to!”

***
Actions
Conditions
*1 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Bennies: 3/3
*Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Vigor: +2 die type Vigor (d12), Toughness 14 (6)
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Marduk says to Delilah, "I need a more direct interface between disparate system, a secondary data line between my optical port and my digital interface unity would be helpful. The problem with emulating a human form is certain actions are physically difficult due to body mechanical limitations."

This is true...whether or not he is a robot, there are some things a humanoid form can not easily do. As he is trying to use the two units together, an extra direct interface would probably be helpful, and would be easier for someone else to attach than for him to do it himself
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Spirit 19, 4 Successes
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild Notice 1d6 = 2: 2

Spirit 1d8-4 = 0: 4
Wild Spirit 1d6-4 = 1: 5
Extra Effort Running Total Elan 1d6+3 = 9: 6
ACE Running Total 1d6+9 = 15: 6
ACE Running Total 1d6+15 = 19: 4
.
Gothm continues to send beasts into the elevator, but even as manifestations of the Mother's will, it's difficult for him to accept the idea of them being cannon fodder. Furthermore, the mood of the prisoners, demanding that the Sarpah be destroyed, is contagious. Finally, he calls out to the others, "Give me a moment; I shall cut them off in a more permanent fashion."

He backs against the wall, where he had burrowed in before, and maneuvers through the Mother's Bones to get to the level just below, once again breaching the basement. A new dire tiger is summoned, providing him with a few precious heartbeats of cover, and then, pausing only long enough to ensure there are no prisoners in this area, he calls upon the Mother's wrath, and over a scant few moments, the air in the area surrounding the elevator suddenly becomes a massive whirlwind, tossing even the mighty forms of the Sarpah aside like rag-dolls. The creatures, spotting his entrance, began to attack in earnest, but between the winds and the tiger, Gothm is able to flee again to safety, re-emerging in the sub-basement a brief bit later--just in time to reach out and almost gently touch one of the Sarpah remaining above.

The effect is immediate, as the creature's scales turn yellow and its eyes grow puffy. A few moments later, the ill reptiloid is quickly overcome by the invigorated heroes. "The creatures on the floor below us are occupied, now, with a windstorm I can maintain until we depart."

Beneath, the Sarpah curse and rail against the cyclonic winds, but are unable to push through directly. Shouting to be heard over the miniature tornado, the commander of their forces orders them to begin the somewhat less efficient process of using a different route. They'll get upstairs eventually, but most likely too late to prevent the last of the escapees from getting out.
OOC Comments
Spent one Benny on extra effort with lovely results. I'm assuming the failed Notice roll means he was too busy dealing with alien invaders to properly get a look around the level he poked his head in--if there weren't any cell doors, he didn't care for details.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Continuing to stabilize the gate Walker draws more on the power of Raith and himself merging the two as fluidly as possible, letting Raith direct the destination was hard. But he knew it was required.
Then seeing Gothm disappear into the ground Walker is a little off. "I hope he is find another avenue f attack and not abandoning us here.
"Someone round up those prisoners we are trying to free. We cannot fight the lizards here, it will only lead to our downfall. We need time to recuperate and heal up."

The binding of two locations through the void of the astral realm was easy when done on a small scale, but as a scale like this there were risk involved and Walker did not want to waste a whole lot of time on it. "Tell me one of you is recording this on one of those kid phones please. I doubt the public will believe our assertions that the skins have infiltrated the AGIS project and are running major parts of the government."
Then reaching out over the radio, he says. "We could use a little help down here, the ship is ready to move, but some unexpected lizards have shown up to board."
Spellcasting 13 = 3 Successes + Raith's contribution, we are at 11 of 6
Spellcasting d12+4, Scene Modifier -2 = d12+2
Spellcasting 1d12+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2

BENNY TO REROLL +2 more for Elan
Spellcasting 1d12+6 = 13: 7
Wild 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Notice: 12
1d8+2 = 8: 6 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Marduk will have that Firewall down. We’ve got to give him more time!

“Brute, take care of that traitor once and for all. He said he works for ass, please introduce his head to his own. I’ll take care of these agents.”


Mitchell then glides out into the open drawing the machine gun fire. His didn’t know if his kinetic resistance could stop a .50 caliber round, but the mission’s success depended on getting the worm into the system.

“Let’s see if you AEGIS agents are any better than Storm Troopers. Come and get me!”

The blind man could sense the agents furrow their brows and clench their jaws at the insult. He could hear the swiveling of the machine gun locking on to him. He could smell the cordite and the oil as hot lead cut through the air. He could feel the bucking of the barrel from the recoil and the casings as they were ejected.

And as the bullets speed towards him, Mitchell holds up his hand and stops them in mid air right before they cut through his body. All but three drop harmlessly to the ground. The three that remain suddenly reverse course and speed back at the agents.
Bullet Stopping
Mitchell has +4 Toughness and +4 rolls to resist kinetic effects and kinetic effects do half damage. I'm trapping this Neo Matrix bullet stopping style
Throwing: 11, 16, 6
Throwing 1d12 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 5: 5
Throwing 1d12 = 10: 10
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 4: 4
Throwing 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild Die 1d6 = 1: 1

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Notice=5
Notice: 1d8+2 = 5: 3
WILD dye: 1d6+2 = 4: 2

K-common: 1d8 = 7: 7
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6: 6
Gothm wrote:"Give me a moment; I shall cut them off in a more permanent fashion."
Old Man wrote:"..We need time to recuperate and heal up."
"Speak for yourself, Old Man. I've a mind to wipe out every alien in this facility. Gothm has this one right."
VV wrote:Establishing a portal and getting a few more self-preserving prisoners out Walker and raith have a harder time convincing one or two of the supers to leave while there are still Sarpah to fight.
Downstairs Team
-2 scene penalty
Fighting: 1d12+3 = 13: 10
WILD dye: 1d6+3 = 9: 6
-ACE: 1d6 = 5: 5
"We don't have time for this idiocy." Mr. Raith takes a step forward and suddenly reappears next to the recalcitrant ex-prisoners, putting them between himself and Old Man's portal. With two quick strikes to the back of their heads, Raith knocks the prisoners out cold. He eases the stunned escapees to the ground then snags them by their collars and drags them back toward Walker and the portal.

"You and...you." He motions to the two burliest prisoners still waiting to escape through Walker's portal. "Take these morons with you," he commands. "And if they're angry that I hit them when they wake up be sure to tell them I don't give a f--k."





Ignore
I rolled up a full combat round for some reason. This can be safely ignored.

Fighting R-Hand: 1d12+3 = 5: 2
WILD dye: 1d6+3 = 5: 2
1st attack:


Fighting L-(Off)Hand: 1d12+1 = 2: 1
WILD dye: 1d6+1 = 7: 6
-ACE: 1d6 = 5: 5
2nd attack:
  • Spectral Strike Damage R-hand (6AP, HW): 1d8 = 7: 7 + 3d6 = 13: 5, 5, 3 + 4
    WILD dye: 1d6 = 1: 1
    Main hand damage: 24(6AP, HW)
    ATK Raise bonus damage if needed: 1d6 = 6: 6
    -ACE: 1d6 = 3: 3
  • Spectral Strike Damage L-hand (6AP, HW): 1d8 = 3: 3 + 3d6 = 9: 4, 4, 1 + 4
    WILD dye: 1d6 = 1: 1
    Off hand damage: 16 (6AP, HW)
    ATK Raise bonus damage if needed: 1d6 = 6: 6
    -ACE: 1d6 = 5: 5
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Bradley Collins » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:37 am

OOC Comments
-2 Scene, +2 Mentalist
Smarts: 1d12+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Benny for EE: 1d6 = 3: 3
Total: 10
After seeing the tornado in the basement through his mind controlled Sarpah he releases them to their friends fire and the destruction of the basement whirlwind. Seeing some people resist going through the portal created by his grand father he begins controlling their minds and forcing them through the portal. Once through he alters their memory so they thought it was their own idea to leave through the portal. He continues to rinse and repeat with the process until all of the prisoners have been safely ported away.
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Round 3 Card: 1d54 = 9: 9 = 10D
Round 3 Randy: 1d12+4 = 6: 2 1d6+4 = 7: 3, Wildcard Benny 1d12+4 = 6: 2 1d6+4 = 7: 3

The upstairs heroes manage to keep Randy at bay while doubling down their efforts at the computer terminal. It looks as if they will make a breakthrough if they can just hold off AEGIS and the traitorous mercenary for a few moments longer. Not to be outdone Randy leads an all out assault on the computer control room, the mad man pulls out an axe and begins storming down the hallway with reckless abandon. A swarm of AEGIS agents follow behind him their energy blasters at the ready. It is a narrow hallway and overwhelming odds. Things are shaping up to be a hell of a fight. Fortunately the narrow hallway lets them focus on one enemy at a time, even if one of them is an axe wielding smart ass murder.

At the terminal, Marduk breaks through to the outside world, giving access to the KENMARK hackers to plant their worm. The task only requires holding out for a few moments while they download and upload what they need. It may be possible to speed things up a bit for them by helping out on the inside...of course it runs the risk of interfering with their work as well.
OOC Comments
You can roll to help with the hack and gain extra successes for the reward, but critical failures might pooch the whole thing. You'll also need a to write a compelling escape scene.

Reward:
Success: 1 XP
Success + 5: 2 XP
Success + 10: 2 XP, 1 EP
Down below the heroes are giving the Sarpah all they can handle! The single elevator gives the jail break team time to deal with the Sarpah in smaller numbers without getting overwhelmed. Help from the young man, Bradley, also gives the aliens fits as he is able to enter their minds and sow chaos and confusion in their ranks. After much fighting and cajoling, the last of the prisoners is teleported outside. All that remains is for the heroes to get themselves the hell out of there.
OOC Comments
You can roll some more successes toward the reward. Barring a critical failure you'll be out. Make an epic super hero exit!
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 am

Delilah Notice 4
Notice 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Summer Notice 3
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
***

“Okay. Let me see what I can do, Marduk,” Delilah said, looking about for a way to fulfill his request, pulling open some panels on the computer terminal.
K. Engineering 8 2 Successes!
Difficulty -2
Engineering 1d4-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Benny to reroll
Engineering 1d4-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Gah! Crit fail! Going to benny again.
Engineering 1d4-2 = 2: 4 - Ignore. Can't reroll Crit Fail. Taking my benny back.
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Ace 1d4+2 = 6: 4
Ace 1d4+6 = 8: 2
It took Delilah a while to find the right components, and she nearly borked it up completely, but finally she found what she needed.

“Damn it!” she exclaimed as something broke off. "Well, that doesn't work."

****

Summer thought back at Walker through the strange link, The transport is waiting where we left it. Get there. Sounds like Randy went dickwad on us and is working with Aegis. He’s trying to stop the team upstairs, but it sounds like they might have what we need.

***
Actions
Conditions
*1 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Bennies: 1/3
*Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:27 am

Gothm thinks at Bradley. You are obviously an accomplished telepath. Can you read deeper thoughts? I need to know if the men upstairs--particularly the so-called 'rank and file' are actually aware of the Sarpah presence here. It will make a difference in whether or not I allow the building to remain standing once we leave.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Bradley Collins
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Bradley Collins » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Looking into the minds of the upstairs individuals Bradley quickly finds that none of the upstairs individuals had a clue about aliens all they knew was that supers were kept prisoner.

Gothm, they have no clue. They only know about the supers. Some are even iffy about keeping them. It seems only the most hateful minds were aware of Aliens and most of them are downstairs. Perhaps dismantling the elevator shaft with a ton of plants will keep the aliens left below.

Right before walking through the teleport spell his grandfather was holding up gave Bradley an idea. Then he broadcast to as many mind as he could reach as fast as he could. He showed many images of what they had witnessed with the Aegis and Sarpah working hand in hand against supers.

These images are the plans of Aegis. This is how they mean to keep people safe by working with Aliens undoing the work the heroes did to remove them from our planet. Do not trust them. Not even they are aware of all of their evils.

After his message he stepped through the portal confident people would remember some of those images and the lengths Aegis will go.
Bradley Collins
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 ; 
Skills: Fighting d4, Throwing d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Knowledge: Alien Invaders d6, Streetwise d4, Persuasion d4
Edges: Mentalist, Luck, Great Luck, Attractive

Powers(55 Power Points)
[*]Mental Mastery: Switchable Mind Control, Mind Reading, and Telepathy
[*]Telekinesis: Strength 1d12+4, Heavy Weapon, Range 24
[*]Fast Telekinesis(2): Extra action, contingent on telekinesis
[*]Danger Sense (2): Notice to detect hidden Dangers, Start on Hold
[*]Uncanny Reflexes (4): -2 to being hit

Bennies: 4/5

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:35 am

“Damn it!” Delilah said, looking up from her work on the computer as she caught the images this telepath sent. “Did you see that, Randy? Agents? You’re helping them! The aliens we spilled so much blood to fight off our planet!”
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Notice
1d8+2 = 3: 1
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Mitchell faces Randy head on in the hallway, his featureless visor staring down the lunatic.

“Well traitor, how does it feel being stabbed, or should I say shot in the back.”

Reaching out with his mind, he takes control of the .50 cal and points right at Randy’s back.
Telekinetic control of machine gun: 4
Telekinesis opposed Spirit 1d10 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting: 6, 4, 3
Shooting Full Auto 1d4-2 = 0: 2
1d4-2 = 0: 2
1d4-2 = 1: 3
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Benny to re-roll with Elan to cancel out penalty
Shooting Full Auto 1d4 = 3: 3
1d4 = 4: 4
1d4 = 2: 2 1d4 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage: 20, 13 HW
2d10 = 15: 10, 5 1d10 = 5: 5
2d10 = 13: 8, 5
Bullets spray everywhere and luckily do not hit anyone but Randy.

Hopefully that will at least slow him down

Mitchell then rips a transport size hole (Telekinetic Strength able to lift 5 tons) in the side of the containment facility in case there was any issues with waiting on the valet to pull the car around.

User avatar
Marduk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Marduk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:39 am

John pretends not to hear the telepathic information. If he was a robot, he would not, therefore, it is best that the others think he DOES not. He will have to convince that telepath not to let on to the rest that he is just a guy in armor. It is better for everyone that some things be secrets, that way they can not be revealed.

He lets the hackers do their thing, but just standing around doing nothing is not really his way. He has this hacking suite and the interface, he should try to help. Hopefully he does not mess things up.
OOC Comments
Knowledge: Computers 1d8 = 1: 1 Wild Computer 1d6 = 6: 6 WC Ace 1d6 = 6: 6 WC Ace 2 1d6 = 1: 1=13 Two Raises
The Analysis Unit interface he put in finally finished booting up and hooks into the computer program, in seconds it finishes decrypting the passwords.

Marduk stats, "System access secured, downloading in progress."

That is both good and bad news, he has access, so he has a job to finish, but he can only download information so fast, which means waiting here while things finish transferring. He stands motionless as he tells the others, "Marduk unit speed capacity higher than other units present. Other units proceed with exit to clear path, Marduk unit will exit upon completion of data download."

John has his flight pack on, he will begin preflight boot-up and be ready. He sets a flight path into the controls and sets it to activate when the download finishes. He can not react as fast as the computer in his armor, it will get him out of here. It will be like a roller-coaster ride, he will only be able to hang on tight and watch as the suit follows the program.
In Effect:
Exoframe: Strength 1d8, Vigor 1d8, Toughness 10, Danger Sense
Kenmark Armor: Armor (3), Toughness (2), Resist Electricity, Ion, and Radiation (4), Frequency Absorption (1)
Computer Link: Interface (2), Code Breaker (1), Super Skills (2): {+1 Knowledge (Computers), +1 Lockpicking}
Running Servos: Speed(10) (240 MPH), Device(-1)
Plasma Whip: Attack - Melee 4d6 damage (8), HW (1), Reach (1)

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Walker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:43 am

Total Teleport Successes 12
Spellcasting d12+4, -4 Scene mod
Spellcasting 1d12 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
With the gate stabilized Walker starts using the power stored in it to reach out and grab some of the prisoners who look ready to run off and get themselves killed. Opening smaller gates long enough to snap them to where they are really needed and close.
The longer he works with the combined power of the more he grows to like the pulling feeling. He will have to look for more opportunities to team up with the others and the synergism of the powers is amazing. The sum of the two effects being so much more than either individually.
"Now this is something we should really practice more often. I do believe that this is a technique that if perfected would have made our previous efforts so much more effective."
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +5 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -4 Juicers are tough
    -1 Last benny of Quarter on healing team

User avatar
Gothm
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Gothm » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Gothm sighs heavily. "Then I shall do them the courtesy of not leveling this place. The reckoning will have to come later." With that, he waits for the last of the basement crew to go through the portal, before he himself passes back into the Bones of the Mother, leaving the scene of what is a greater crime than any he could have heretofore imagined. And make no mistake; that reckoning WILL come.
OOC Comments
Guardian of the Mother, Gaian Superhero
Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Cha: 0; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (7 if Burrow active)
Fighting d6; Intimidation d4; Notice d6; Taunt d4; Swim d6 (d10 if Aquatic); Survival d6; Climb d6; English d4;
Persuasion d4
Killer Instinct, Brawny, Elan
Stubborn/Minor Ruthless/Major Vow/Dependency: Unpolluted Soil
Immune to Disease
Bennies: 4/4

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Mr. Raith » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:02 am

Gothm wrote:"Then I shall do them the courtesy of not leveling this place. The reckoning will have to come later."
Mr. Raith cuts in ruthlessly, "Foolish. This is a war now and you are refusing to weaken our enemy by depriving them of this facility. Collateral damage will be unavoidable."

Under Mr. Raith's watchful eye none of the other recently freed prisoners even think about fouling up their escape plan with more vengeful heroics. As the final prisoner exits Raith walks up to the Old Man and his portal, all the while feeling the ethereal tug from the core of his being reaching out and helping the wizard keep the portal stable.

Before he walks into the portal himself he turns one last time and says to Gothm, "Do it!"
Downstairs Teleport Team 6 = 1 success
-2 scene penalty

Smarts: 1d8-2 = 1: 3
WILD dye: 1d6-2 = 4: 6
-ACE: 1d6 = 2: 2
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 2: The Research Facility

Post by Delilah Carter » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:37 am

Delilah Notice 7
Notice 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Summer Notice 11
Notice 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
***

Delilah nodded to Marduk as he said he had access. “Athena to Overwatch. As soon as you have those files, bug out. Everyone else, to the jet!”

“Understood, Athena,” came Summer’s voice over the comm. She turned to the two Kenmark computer nerds. “Hurry it up!” Summer gathered up her energy rifle and her bag, moving to cover the door as they made their exit from the building and toward the transport.

Delilah looked at Marduk. “Don’t be stupid. Don’t be a hero. You bug out, too,” she said.

Energy sparked beneath Delilah’s skin as she shifted her nanites to enhance her speed, and then she was gone, running out the hole in the wall created by Mind’s Eye and toward their waiting transport, knocking a few AEGIS soldiers aside with her shoulder as she went to keep them off balance and unable to shoot at the others.

***
Actions
Conditions
*1 Adam West Bennies: Flashback (turn a failure into a success); Bag of Holding (Scrounger Edge); Big Win (+4 to Trait roll)
*Bennies: 2/3
*Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
*Super Speed: 2 x Pace
Delilah Carter
Delilah Carter, Athena
Parry: 6, Toughness: 12 (6)
Glock Ammo: 17
Spare Ammo: 50
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards.
Bennies: 2/3
Edit Signature
All Characters: Jude Maverick, Ashlyn Alvarez, Kim Black, Angis Ironheart, Delilah Carter, Hope Monaghan, Sierra Mackenzie, Reiko Tanaka, Heather Todd, Sig

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”