2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post Reply
User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020
Time: 2:30 PM
Weather: Normal for season (cold); light wind; no precipitation
Location: Guardian Tower/Chicago
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

A late lunch was laid out in the dining room, mostly cold items, though of course Tamar would prepare whatever they liked.

“This will be a good exercise in learning to use the headquarter’s facilities,” Esperanza told them. “Why don’t you see what you can find out about what happened today, beyond what you know from being there. Who was behind it?”
Interlude
Time to hunt down some information! Describe how your character helps track down information on what happened. You have some clues, including the symbol, the name Masked Hatter, maybe Anubis, maybe the police, or some trace code.

Roll a Skill. You may use the base modifiers for your roll, as well as request support rolls from faculty and staff to help you. Every success/raise will get you a piece of information.
***

Team:
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 5/5
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam is not much on a lot of things, but he knows parts...he took apart three bombs he has a fair clue what parts went into their construction. The detonators, the timers, the actual explosives, the housings, the wiring. Some things, like the detonators, will tend to have lot numbers on them that could make it possible to trace where they came from. Now they might have been filed off (or etched off with acid or some such), but his senses might have let him notice enough details to reconstruct the information.

Once he has that, he can try to research where the materials came from.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice:3pq8e48j]63063:0[/dice:3pq8e48j], Wild Notice [dice:3pq8e48j]63063:1[/dice:3pq8e48j]
Repair [dice:3pq8e48j]63063:2[/dice:3pq8e48j], Wild Repair [dice:3pq8e48j]63063:3[/dice:3pq8e48j]. WRAce [dice:3pq8e48j]63063:6[/dice:3pq8e48j]
Research [dice:3pq8e48j]63063:4[/dice:3pq8e48j], Wild Research [dice:3pq8e48j]63063:5[/dice:3pq8e48j] Research Ace [dice:3pq8e48j]63063:7[/dice:3pq8e48j]
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Highlander »

Upon getting back, the first thing Caelian does is seek out Black. Having to not use his powers and raw strength has him stressed a bit. When Caleb asks about the fighting style, Caelian says "Lights Out."

The sparring ring is pitch black and Caelian stays in his young form. They go in three round matches and touches for points, saving the hard physical contact for Caelian's big form. The matches go pretty even for the first few rounds. Caleb wins the first match and Caelian the second. The third goes pretty much neck and neck till both pull up in and agree for a draw. The matches go longer than Caelian had intended but the workout calms him down and allows him to at least think.

"Once I have completed the research into our current situation, I will come back for another series of matches."




Showered and dressed, Caelian in his kid form shows up in the brain center. From his pocket he pulls out a card. He hands the card to one of the support staff, a computer tech known as Carlos X.

"I am sure that the card will be reported missing and deactivated. Not certain how much time we have before the card is no longer valid."

"I think that the there were some personel shifts done at the Gaurdian Tower prior to the Event. Most likely a cleaning person or maintenance personel. Anubis has been running security there, at least for a little while."

Academics 3 _
[*] Academics (1d4) [dice:ony6v4z2]63064:0[/dice:ony6v4z2]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:ony6v4z2]63064:1[/dice:ony6v4z2]

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

Shanice is on the nopowers obstacle course, pushing it too hard. She's getting more crossfit ripped at this rate, tied back fro pigtails, sports bra and runner shorts, track sneakers, elbow/knee compressors, quite the sweaty chiseled perky SI-Teen body under the neon purples. And over her head are two or three or four purple dragonballs spinning and weaving and keeping pace to her determent on trickier obstacles.

When she's burned through all her anxiety and muscle fiber, the sweaty exhausted chest heaving mess drops in a lawnchair and hydrates and looks at one of the big base touchscreen tablets and pokes at it. Reads whatever notes and inner circle chats are discussing research.

In the brief moments of post-exertion clarity, she adds tired replies.

-----

@Highlander: "city hall got these dvd's. like $8. all the pipes water electric for the city and big city blueprints. big deal back home cuz water table stuff. some1 coulda checked under building"

-----

@Probe: "find the movie, bro. what movie show book did bombs like that. then you know the age and crew. dad always busted me cuz he knew my favorite books and stuff."

-----

@Chance: "were all those bombs low down? someone in a rush or afraid of heights?"

-----

Shanice#0121: Masked Hatter, gotta be Tuxedo Kamen or Alice & Wonderland. Can I get some leet crime research list of mask terrorists? Like copy cats of those old movies like V for Vendetta and Matrix?

-----

__________
rolls
academics [dice:iji098kn]63086:0[/dice:iji098kn]
wild academics [dice:iji098kn]63086:1[/dice:iji098kn]
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Hexx »

OOC Comments
Networking to gather info on Mask. Intimidation, Busting Heads.
Networking/Intimiation [dice:3fnj8mdz]63127:0[/dice:3fnj8mdz]
Wild Intimidation [dice:3fnj8mdz]63127:1[/dice:3fnj8mdz]
Raise: No long-term consequences for using Intimidation.

Kat shakes her head at everyone. "Sure, let's all just get involved with an international terrorist organization. I'm totally sure half a dozen teenagers will be able to succeed where Interpol and the CIA have failed miserably." She gives a brief snort. "In fact, you guys obviously got this. I'm gonna go to Graham Crackers." The downtown comic shop was one of her regular hangouts; she goes through the usual check-out process and heads out, in her street-clothes--not even wearing her Esper coat or the beret, but instead in her default Army surplus overcoat that's two sizes too big.

*********** LATER THAT EVENING ************

Caleb enters Prof. Helios' office and takes a seat, with a notebook in hand. He flips it open and starts to read. "Subject Hexx proceeded to her stated destination via the bus at approximately 10 AM. I followed her, suspecting her intentions to be otherwise. She entered the store shortly after they opened. About 20 minutes later, she departed the store. I checked, and confirmed that her communicator was still located inside the shop. My suspicion is that she stashed it someplace it would not be found by accident, most likely in the women's washroom. She then boarded a CTA train--Green Line, headed south. Naturally, I followed."

He looks up. "She knew exactly where she was going. I don't know if she's done this before, but if not, she did research to find a likely target neighborhood." He goes back to the notebook.

"Subject got off in the Hyde Park neighborhood. While this area is noted for the University of Chicago, much of the area surrounding the university is low-income, and a hotbed of gang activity and street crime. Subject proceeded to walk through the neighborhood, gravitating towards locations where disaffected youth hang out--streetcorners, back alley craps games, and so forth. She engaged multiple youths in conversation."

He breaks from the recitation and looks up again. "Her skill at blending in with street rats is genuinely impressive; they immediately took her to be one of their own. She avoided older teens and adults, for the most part, unless they were with younger kids as well, meaning she avoided some of the worst possible consequences of a young girl being out on her own. And, of course, it was daylight, when most serious predators are inactive. Still reckless to go without backup, of course."

And again, he resumes reading. "She engaged in a repetitive pattern. After engaging and being loosely accepted, she would participate in some minor illicit activity--gambling, shoplifting or smoking, for the most part, though at one point she bought a dime-bag; in later encounters, she sometimes shared a joint in order to break the ice." Brief glance up. "Almost a sure bet she's been hoarding her allowance, taking out small bits of cash every week from the account and stashing it someplace, just like she does that go-bag under her bed. That said, I'm ninety percent certain that she wasn't inhaling when she did the puff-puff pass; the joints were more about breaking the ice than actually using drugs. Hard to tell at a distance, though--her slight-of-hand skills are almost as accomplished as she is adept at pissing me off."

Flipping through the notebook, he summarizes a bit. "Once she was fully ingratiated, or at least as much as possible in such a short time, she would bring up the subject of the attack on Guardian Tower, and of Mask, itself. She usually introduced the topic in a positive, almost laudatory manner--'Man, you hear about how those Mask guys stuck it to the Spandex Set? Serious cajones.' Most of the time, the kids didn't know much. However, every once in awhile, one would react in a more furtive manner. In such cases, Subject would press for information. This often resulted in a hostile response, resulting in an exchange of insults, which often led to low-level scrapping. Subject invariably won these fights, partially because she's actually trained, and, of course, partially because her opponents suffered a considerable amount of misfortune any time they tried to lay a hand on her. Subject did not use her overt powers, instead sticking just to the passive ones."

"After softening up her targets with a little beat-down, she'd again interrogate them, extracting information about Mask's recruitment efforts in the area, usually under the guise of being interested in possibly contacting or even joining the group. She thus acquired several street-names, one real name, and the locations where these recruiters hang out. She then returned to the comic shop, just before closing, and came out. Naturally, subject was again carrying her communicator. She took the bus back to campus and checked in in time for dinner."

He snaps the book shut. "So, there you have it. She broke the rules, putting herself at considerable risk without back-up or protection. If something had happened to her, and I wasn't following her, we would have had to launch an investigation, ultimately risking exposure of our own operations. And since she succeeded, she's going to be utterly convinced that this was the proper course of action." He snorts and shakes his head. "You have to make the final call about consequences for all this, of course. From what we've seen of her, if she finds out her activities were monitored, she'll not only be more inclined to try harder to avoid detection, but she'll also grow even more paranoid about being monitored at all. I wouldn't be surprised if she started accusing us of hiding a tracking device in her body. As a side-note, I'd like to recommend we surreptitiously implant a tracking device in her body." He's clearly only half-joking, at most. "I will say that most of her 'contacts' were completely cowed, or outright impressed--she's not likely to be suffering any blowback from the junior street-thug set over this."

******************* IN THE DORMS ************************

Kat entered the dormroom after dinner. When her roommate asked about 'that scent', she made an excuse and went to take a shower--palming the joint kept her from serious exposure to the pot, but it couldn't keep the smoke out of her hair, unfortunately. Afterwards, she went back, and jotted down all the potential recruiters she'd IDed, as well as where to find them.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Chance »

Constance started out online, but quickly found her efforts hitting a brick wall. She was no hacker, no dark-web wizard. And this Mad Hatter knew those tricks far better than she did. What the hell could she do about that? Maybe the answer wasn't online. Maybe this was the time for some old-fashioned hitting the streets. She had a name, and she had a symbol...somewhere in the city there were clues about this, and she could cover a lot of ground.

She took her bike out to the library, locked it up and found a secluded spot to redshift in...or tried to. The first spot she saw had someone in it already. Some girl in a ballcap...and when that girl looked up, Chance was looking in a mirror.

"Hey," said the other her. "Need a hand?"

Chance narrowed her eyes a little. This whole 'other self' thing was still weird to her. She struggled with it, even if it was handy. "You already know what I'm looking for though, right?"

"Uhh...kind of. But it's not that easy. Like, things change. It's not all nailed down the way you think. I found stuff, but it might not be the same stuff. Or in the same place. But...I can give you some hints. Maybe narrow down the search." The other Constance waggled her eyebrows. "You in?"

With a moment to consider, Chance nodded. "Okay, lets go."

'Future Girl' flashed blue and vanished. A second later Chance redshifted and spotted her double, a block away, waving at her. She ran over to catch up, and invisible to the rest of the timestream, the two headed out...

"The the little symbol thingy shows up sometimes," explained her doppelganger. "It's like a calling card? So you'll see it by a door, and you know that place is related. An imprint on letterhead, or a little seal on the bottom of a matchbook. It means that someone in the network is nearby. They use those things to, like...verify each other. To each other."

Constance listened, nodding. She'd sort of assumed something like that already, but there were details there she hadn't thought of. Yet. Or something. "Hey," she said, "do you know about the, uh...temporal antibodies?"

Her future self glanced at her. "Yeah. That's...kind of the other reason I can't just show you exactly where to go. It still has to come from YOU, you know? We're from close enough that they have trouble telling the difference between us, but we still have to be a LITTLE bit careful." She laughed.

"Did we ever have to fight one?"

"Lets not get into them, okay? It kind of attracts their attention when you start changing what you were going to do because of them. They can feel it. Just stay focused. That symbol. It'll be hard to see, so keep your eyes open."

Rolls: Notice 21
Notice: [dice:2l8hd58x]63138:0[/dice:2l8hd58x] or [dice:2l8hd58x]63138:1[/dice:2l8hd58x]
Ace [dice:2l8hd58x]63138:2[/dice:2l8hd58x] Ace [dice:2l8hd58x]63138:3[/dice:2l8hd58x] Ace [dice:2l8hd58x]63138:4[/dice:2l8hd58x]

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

eventually shanice showers up and schleps to the game room. pokes around on a laptop while playing Get Smart episodes as an other-brain distraction, making a little notebook list of cool tools @Probe should totes keep. first is definitely custom sneaks with epic tools hidden in them. even anthony hopkins in r.e.d.2 had poison stuff in his shoeheels. and he's a million years old and still made it cool.

... mask mask mask mask ....

origin stories

wonder if this dude's got some kinda revenge story ... so he's either messed up in the face (that thought chains immediately shut down before she spirals on self image calculations) ... or big into hentai/kabuki ...

or he's got following in family footsteps (mentally looking over at caelian)

shanice goes back to her room and starts digging through all her con loot, the bios of all the super heroes ... makes the list of suspects, ... and almost goes to the library to dig stuff herself, but since Esper is practically demanding this as an extra credit project, she goes to the supercomputer room and asks for some labcoater to help her dig deep on Mask heroes a generation back and way deep into old times ... cuz sometimes heroes are recessive and all like "my grandfather carried this holy carrot and now i'm carrotman reborn or something."

will dig on the super computer as much as she can, if there are teasing hints but no solid answers, then it's time to go to the library .... and try really really really hard to not get distracted.

___________
rolls
research + supercomputer [dice:1he2s4om]63143:0[/dice:1he2s4om]
wild research + supercomputer [dice:1he2s4om]63143:1[/dice:1he2s4om]
Last edited by Winger on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020
Time: 2:40 PM
Weather: Normal for season (cold); light wind; no precipitation
Location: Guardian Tower/Chicago
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

Sam remembers some of the serial numbers on some of the parts on the bombs. It’s amazing what things imprint in your head in an intense situation. He manages to track down some of the parts. They seemed to have been purchased at a hardware store in a west side neighborhood of Chicago.

Caelian had managed to lift one of the Anubis security cards, but unfortunately it doesn’t reveal much useful information.

As Shanice poked around, she found some initial reporting about what happened at The Bunker. Something had blown up -- a bomb? -- and somehow ?!!? managed to take down much of the containment system. It was a big mess. Being so far out in Lake Michigan, it took awhile for the Guardians to get there, and many of the superpowered inmates had managed to escape. The Guardians were busy trying to track down the escapees.

Kat found the names of several recruiters. Most of her contacts didn’t actually know much about Mask, but they did recognize the symbol she showed, as the recruiters often had tattoos or small pins. Now in the supers world, Kat figured they might be communicators. Most of the recruiters in these neighborhoods seemed mostly to be looking for spotters or thugs, people to be local muscle and not likely to know much. But she did learn that they were supposed to report to Tres Reyes gang territory.

Constance seemed to hit the motherlode. Her alter ego managed to lead her around on a chase that ended up in her getting her hands on an FBI report. It wasn’t too detailed, but she definitely got the gist.

Mask started as a mercenary operation after World War 2 with factions on both sides of the developing Cold War .It had no problem recruiting operatives from the destroyed Axis powers. As an organization, it was more anarchic, making sure to keep both the NATO and Soviet blocs destabilized, both to prevent outright nuclear annihilation, but also to create space for an alternative. That alternative was Mask. Mask agents infiltrated key organizations in various countries, working for Mask’s agenda behind the scenes, becoming a key antagonist of the United Nations Peace Force, the Guardians, the Soviet Red Sickles, and the Chinese Red Dragons as they planned and executed their terrorist plots.
Leads
West side neighborhood hardware store. (Tres Reyes territory)
Bomber at the Bunker?
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

now shanice has a specific request for the secretsquirrels.

gets someone's attention, or gets to an iris console herself if possible.

"hey, the bomb went off at the bunker at "(time)" ... track all big and small craft in lake michigan from an hour before to like .. um ... two hours after ... like gimme all your underwater sonar stuff, too. ... drones and helicopters overhead maybe too? whatever you got. ... add header: bunker proximity, if they vanished that fast, they had friends and stuff ready."

actually has a notepad and pencil eventhough it's still kind of a weird thing she's forcing herself to use on her parent's orders eventhough it's so caveman. but most of this is going into phone camera pics for reference later, too.

and all that stuff on the mask. heeeeeeeeey, they infiltrated the guardians ... boom, disgruntled exemployee ... looks up the name(s) of guardians tied to mask movement. next research project will be going to the library and looking up those old articles for pictures and stuff.

... right after stalking @Volo to see if he wants to have lunch together or play a game in the game room.
________
rolls
academics/comknow/electronics/research/science for gather [dice:qoykvmtb]63182:0[/dice:qoykvmtb]
wild skill for gather [dice:qoykvmtb]63182:1[/dice:qoykvmtb]
wild skill ace [dice:qoykvmtb]63182:4[/dice:qoykvmtb]

notice things on the display [dice:qoykvmtb]63182:2[/dice:qoykvmtb]
wild notice [dice:qoykvmtb]63182:3[/dice:qoykvmtb]
wild notice ace [dice:qoykvmtb]63182:5[/dice:qoykvmtb]
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam will inform the others, "I managed to track down where the supplies to make the bomb were bought. Perhaps someone with a bit more computer savvy might be able to see who bought it if they paid with a credit card or check or an open account."

Sam would think, You can not trace cash that easy, if they are smart they paid with cash...but if they did...

He would say aloud, "If they used cash, perhaps there is someone there who would remember who bought the items."
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Hexx »

Kat frowns at Sam. "Okay, I don't have a proper outfit for a funeral, so I am going to speak up here. That shop? It's in the middle of Tres Reyes gang turf. Odds are, Mask has worked out a deal with the gang to provide protection and muscle. Even if they haven't, a bunch of gringos going in and asking questions about cash purchases is gonna draw the wrong sort of attention. Quick show of hands--how many of you are bulletproof? Like all the time, even when your back is turned and a gun barrel just barely peeks out of a passing car window?"
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam says in agreement, "Going in for questions would be after seeing if we can trace a payment method other than cash, and then should be done with all suitable caution and care."

He thinks about whether that group should include him, I am not bulletproof, but my enhanced senses may be needed. Well the question can wait until we know if it is needed.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

"Soy mucho menos gringo. Puedo bloquear balas. Puedo volarnos si empeora. ... If anyone goes in, I'm going, too. Back up evac whatev."
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Highlander »

Caelian raises his hand at Kat's inquiry. "It takes more than bullets, thankfully."

When the others look at him, "I may be pretty fly for a white guy, but gangs are not my thing."

He scans the information about the Mask. "Lots of deception and hidden agendas. I doubt the figure on the screen was even the head of this secret organization. Likely another puppet in a show."

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Hexx »

Winger wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:26 pm
"Soy mucho menos gringo. Puedo bloquear balas. Puedo volarnos si empeora. ... If anyone goes in, I'm going, too. Back up evac whatev."
Kat's about to reply to Sam when Shanice cuts in. Shanice gets the joy of seeing Kat go full speechless for a moment--a rare triumph. She should probably be proud.

Then Kat's brow furrows. "Honestly, if you can pass... you'd be front, not backup. If we're gonna be that crazy, that is. But you're the only one of us, I think, who could pass locally. You could bring one or two as friends from outside, maybe. You confident in your ability to act like you belong there?"
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by KahlessNestor »

OOC: Whenever you guys have a plan, let me know, or you can investigate more leads. You have some direction now.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam says, "So Shanice and one or two other playing the part of friends or bodyguards or boyfriends or whatever is appropriate?"

Sam thinks, Caelian might work as a bodyguard in his bigger form. While I would like to go along, I do not fit in very will...actually that is often my problem but especially in this kind of situation.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

to @Hexx: "if we got comms, you can feed me the street info."

-looks over at @Highlander-

"my crazy giant goduncle. just like our last trip. now i'm taking him to the three king ghetto cuz he's shopping around for some under the table sumthinsumthin. cash talks."

to @Probe: "drones, trackers, wires, holdout weapons, tank sized blackjack, swordcane if uncles gotta limp, be Q." smirk.

to group: "thoughts?"
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Hexx »

Kat thinks about the proposal and nods @Winger . "Well, you've got a couple options. First, going to the hardware store, like you said, with your 'goduncle' looking to pick up some hardware, because you heard this is the place to get that sort of thing. Ask for a local reference that'll confirm they can deliver the goods, and hopefully they drop the name of the guy who bought the stuff. Of course, if he gets his back up, you'll have to decide if you want to pressure him or not--if he's just a flunky, he might talk--but he'll almost certainly let everyone else know what's going on."

She thinks for a bit. "The other approach is a little more direct. I've got some names--street handles--for some of the guys who've been recruiting in the neighborhood; they don't use the name 'Mask', but they got the tattoo. Anyway, you could ask around the area, then say you and he are both looking for work--you as a lookout, Caelian as muscle. While neither job is gonna get you details on what's going on, if they hire you, you'll learn where they operate. That could open a door for other folks to check out the situation. If you go this route, I'd try...." She pulls out a notebook. ""...asking for El Pulpo. Fair warning--I think he got that name by being, uh, handsy with girls--it means 'the Octopus'" she adds to @Highlander, "--but he was the most common name I got for recruiters."[/b]

"What I don't suggest is trying both options at the same time, at least not with the same people. That's a good way to get someone suspicious. First rule of lying is KISS."

Then her baseline personality reasserts herself. "Oh, and one more thing--if the cops and the Guardians aren't completely inept, then there's likely to be some other folks poking around as well. In that case, it's a safe bet that their presence will get you killed, because it'll make the gangbangers that much more suspicious if multiple people are trying the same way in at the same time."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

-nod following along with the brainstorm, lounging back a bit more adultly thinking of her part-

"me lookout, him muscle? ... three kings got muscle everywhere ... what they don't have is big healthy white dudes that could walk right through a red hat church and probably get highfives and free beer ... they might want him to go undercover and do a deal. .. i'd just be the fresh meat interpreter"

-gets a harder look at the talk about the handsy guy, shifts a bit loosening her posture, trying to mull that over in the back of her mind starting now so the might be able to consciously deal with that notion then.-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam comments, "The trick these days is that so many places have metal detectors, you want something like a sword cane, you gotta make the blade out of impact plastic or ceramic. Any tricks or toys have got to make it past inspection. I could do something if I have the materials to hand. I am not a chemist though, just a mechanic. Anything I make has to be made from what I can get. I am also not an electrician. I could make a periscope, but not a video camera."

I can envision a number of things, but I am not a chemist. I can not make high test ceramic or impact plastic, I do not know how, he thinks
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Hexx »

Kat shakes her head @Winger . "Nah, not Three Kings. Mask is operating out of Three Kings' turf, and I'm assuming they've worked out a deal or we would've heard about gang fights before this, but they aren't one in the same. You're looking for the guys recruiting for Mask--and El Pulpo's the best name on that list. Those guys, I know, are looking for both lookouts and muscle, specifically."

She pauses. "Now, they do got other recruiters. I can give you a couple other names. El Pulpo's just the one that came up more often than anyone else."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

-nod to @Hexx-

-frown looking to @Probe. she swears it's clear he's a genius, but all she ever hears is him explaining that nothing is his field, and she's not really sure what his field actually is-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Chance »

"So...there's one other thing we could do," Constance said. "The info I found was from an FBI report someone made a copy of and left out in a club's backroom." She chuckles. "Someone who's probably in a lot of trouble right now."

"Anyway, two things we know from that? First, the FBI is onto them, and maybe we could work out some way to collaborate with them? Without giving ourselves away, I mean."

"Second, that club might be something we should take another look at. Might be a front."


After a second she amended herself. "Two. Two other things we can do."

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

"sweet."
-gets up and jogs over to grab a whiteboard stand and markers and drags it over and starts charting all these options out-

1 street
- three kings working for mask

2 club
- fbi eyes on

-leans over to call out to the computer- "hey, navi? computer, you awake? what kinda sleeper agents have we got in the fbi that can hook us up?"
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020
Time: 3:00 PM
Weather: Normal for season (cold); light wind; no precipitation
Location: Evanston/Helios Academy
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

The computer roused awake as Shanice made a request.

“Agent Null is stationed in the Chicago field office.”
Leads
West side neighborhood hardware store. (Tres Reyes territory)
Bomber at the Bunker?
***

Team:
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 5/5
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

"Oh .. Em .. Jee"

-excited waving to everyone pointing at new toy-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Chance »

"Alright then, lets go into teams. We have a few things to do, might as well do them all at once, right?" Constance said.

"A couple of us can get in touch with Null and meet up with him. Then a couple of us go to the hardware store, and another few of us can check out this bunker place. Who wants to go where?"

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Highlander »

"I would be most comfortable, if making my physical presence known, to go in looking for a parts supplier."

"Come to think of it, would my larger self, be a better salesman than my teenage self?"

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam considers, "I should likely check out the bunker, my remotes are pretty good at sneaking into places without being noticed."

He might stand out in the neighborhoods, but if he can get close and send in a remote, he can learn a lot.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Chance »

"Well, if by parts supplier you mean the store, that's in gang territory...so maybe go as your big self," Chance suggested. "They might not mess with you as much."

"Sam, you're good for the bunker then, and I'll see if I can get in touch with Null."

She looked at the other kids.

"Anyone else?"

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by KahlessNestor »

Let's get a plan put together. You have a few leads. Let me know what you're going to follow, and who is going where, so I know how many investigation threads to start.

LEADS
West side neighborhood hardware store. (Tres Reyes territory)
Warehouse (Tres Reyes territory)
Bomber at The Block - might be difficult to get on site permission, but could possibly try and find the report of what happened
Null - contact in the Chicago FBI field office
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

David walked onto the school ground as he had a duffle bag slung over his shoulder and then a small metal brief case hanging at his side. He was a bit taller than average, only barely making a full 6 feet, and build wise he wasn’t stocky but had well toned muscle mass. His face was sharp and angular, not quite handsome but he wouldn’t be chasing the girls off either. Although he wasn’t there for girls. He was finally going to be apart of something that would hopefully make the world a better place, and he would be there for that.

After his short zoning out he continued on into campus, not entirely sure of where he was going, eventually a fellow student decided to prob the new “meat” he went up to him and made some fake small talk before finally giving him directions that would take him to the wrong side of campus. He spent the next hour and a half or so wandering around campus, eventually he even ran back into the same student and only gave a pleasant wave and “good morning” as he reminded himself that it wasn’t worth it. Eventually all the walking even got to his peace maker and he had to semi activate his powers to keep going. He was slowly getting more and more frustrated and struggled to continue remaining optimistic. However, lucky for him that his old pal Gregory showed up just in time to give him a playful punch to the shoulder, and a good cheering up.

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam sees someone walk by the group house carrying a metal suitcase, and hears an odd high-pitched whine as he passes by.

Sam wonders, Now that is odd, a suitcase that heavy should be on rollers.

A bit later he sees the person, still with the suitcase, back outside and decides to go out and check on him.

He walks up and says, "Pardon me, you seem a bit lost. Can I help you?"
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

David looked at Sam who was now in front of him and nodded. “Yes, I’m new. I’ve been told I’m apart of the list, whatever that is, they didn’t quite explain.” He plopped his duffle bag down before he reached out to Sam “I’m David by the way.” After he was finally able to set his bag down he was able to slow his blood’s rate down a bit, but his hands were still a bit warm from it.

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam reach out and takes David's hand, "Sam here. There could be any number of lists, but since you seem a bit younger than your average student, it is likely the list of special student given early admissions. If so, this is the place you need to be. If you will come inside, we can confirm it with the house parents."

Sam notes the whine seems to have decreased slightly in volume, I wonder what is causing it? Something under his shirt I think.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

David gave Sam a firm hand shake back as he gladly followed him into the building. However he paused at the door before he looked back at the duffle bag he had nearly forgotten. He glanced around before he used magnetism to drag it by its buckles and too his feet. He picked it up and immediately wondered if it was actually wise to do that. He quickly through the wonder of hindsight realized it wasn’t.

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

OOC Comments
Perception [dice:2row00ob]65073:0[/dice:2row00ob], Wild Perception [dice:2row00ob]65073:1[/dice:2row00ob]
Sam noticed the bad moving but elects not to comment about it while we are outside, at least not directly. He does state, "I build mechanical devices. I need to work on learning electronic and computer stuff to make full-fledged robots. It would be interesting to learn how to make luggage that can follow you around without you needing to pull it."

He thinks, That probably is NOT what I saw happen, but people hear a logical explanation and they tend to believe it, rather than an unlikely truth.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

David suspected what Sam was hinting at but instead tried to dismiss it by simply saying “yeah, that would be interesting wouldn’t it?” One of the benefits of his peace maker was the rhythm of his heart wouldn’t change even when he was nervous. “I heard about one where they put a tracker in the persons wallet and the robot would follow it”

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

He certainly seems like one of us, though he could use a bit more caution in displaying his abilities, Thinks sam.

Sam replies, "Makes sense, though I suppose these days it might use recognition software, that has a chance of getting confused."

Sam escorts David to inside the building and hits the call button beside the door. This sounds an alarm through the building letting everyone know someone is present who might not know about us. If any of our advisors are present in the building, they should be on the way shortly.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Hexx »

A few moments after the two boys enter, a young woman for whom the English language clearly coined the word "sullen" slumps around a corner. She addresses Sam first. "Hey, Wet Dream, Spook said I wasn't being much help during the planning session, so he sent me up to fetch you and the new meat." She then turns to the new guy. "Hello, Meat, welcome to the freak show. Follow me."

She leads them down the hall to an unassuming bit of wall, pausing as a scanner reads her retina, and then leads them into an elevator. As soon as they're inside, she looks at David again. "Okay, Meat, here's the nickel version. You're a mutant freak, he's a mutant freak, I'm a mutant freak. We're all freaks down here, see. This is our secret base where we're training to be, like, junior Guardians or somesuch, only we won't actually be joining the Guardians because they're a bunch of gutless cowards who are too busy reading their public opinion poll numbers to actually stand up for mutant rights. So, we're basically complete vigilantes; our whole existence is probably breaking about a dozen different state and federal felony laws. Oh, and only those of us on the President's List, or whatever, are even aware of all of this--the rest of the student body are a bunch of norms with no clue, and if you fail to keep it that way, we'll probably all get dragged off by goose-stepping wannabe stormtroopers who work for Nexus. Someone else will explain who Nexus is. Anyway, you may have read the news about the bombing attempt at Guardian Tower by some group calling themselves Mask? Well, we're plotting how best to infiltrate and expose them, because apparently both the Guardians and the cops are even more incompetent than I always thought they were."

The elevator doors open, leading them into the underground facility. "So, here we are, my duty's now done." And with that, she starts off down the hallway towards the meeting room where the planning session is already underway.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

The girl was certainly frustrating to David, so much that Sam probably noticed. However he still tried to merely take it on the chin and smiled before responding. “I suppose it’s more meat head if you ask me” he smiled hoping the joke would make her at least a little friendlier, but he still didn’t know

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Hexx »

The obviously intentionally abrasive lass glances back at David, cocking an eyebrow speculatively. Finally, she speaks again. "I'll be the judge of that. M'name's Kat. Or Hexx, when we're in the field, I suppose. Full name's Katarina, but that's for my father and people who are confident they will hear me coming up on them with a knife while they sleep." Then she continues on into the briefing room. If he's reasonably perceptive, then he can figure that, if not exactly winning her over, he scored a point. How many points it takes to unlock "Civility" is, of course, something the rest of the group has yet to figure out.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Probe »

Sam responds, "Kat is right in her summation. We are all Mutants here, presumably like yourself, and Mutants are not #1 on anyone's hit parade unless it is one where we are GETTING hit. That means avoiding using powers any way that can be noticed, at least when anyone can tell who you are. We stopped the bombs at the Guardian's tower...mostly Me and Kat as it happened...and are investigating the ones behind it."

Hopefully David will take the point about using powers in public...
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

“I have to use my powers all the time to not-wait did you say bomb?” He raised an eye brow at Sam

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

David followed after her completely unsure of the reaction. “A nighttime knife fight? Don’t threaten me with a good time...” he paused before he finally had the time to think of that remark in hindsight “wait, not like that, I mean actually sparing. You look like you’re really fit and would be great to fight- although I don’t mean to be flirtatious when I say your fit, but I’m not saying your ugly either!...I’m just-... digging a deeper grave aren’t I?...” he then as a safety measure quickly tried to use his powers to sense any metals she had that could be used to stab him. “Please be sure to put David on the tome stone...”

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

and in the planning room is a purple camo skinned teen, loose black crop top tee a hair shorter than her black sports bra, ripped bare abs and limbs, black running shorts, black fitness shoes, nice tech watch, giant black fro exploding out the back of her black cap, leaning back on elbows on a counter, staring directly at 'meatboy' waiting to silently permanently judge him on his reaction to noticing her.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020
Time: 3:10 PM
Weather: Normal for season (cold); light wind; no precipitation
Location: Evanston/Helios Academy
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

A woman of average height, with red hair, green eyes, and a smattering of bronze freckles glittering across her nose and cheeks walked into the room and smiled brightly at David.

“Ah, there ya are. Ah see ya found yer way down heah,” she said in a noticeable Appalachian accent. “Welcome ta the Bunker. Ah’ll let Mr. Black know, so he can give ya the tour an’ set up yer security clearance. Fer now, why don’t Ah show ya to yer room so ya can drop off yer stuff. Then ya can come back heah an’ help out th’others.” She paused, then seemed to remember, “Oh! Ah’m Tamar Todd, yer house mother.” She offered David her hand. “Are ya hungry? Anyone?” She looked around the room. “Ah can whip up some snacks. Ya’ll’re workin’ so hard.”
Leads
West side neighborhood hardware store. (Tres Reyes territory)
Warehouse (Tres Reyes territory)
Bomber at The Block - might be difficult to get on site permission, but could possibly try and find the report of what happened
Null - contact in the Chicago FBI field office
***

Team:
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger
David Stevedores/Sir Real

GM Bennies: 6/6
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

David gladly shook Ms Tamar’s hand “thank you very much for the offer but it’s unnecessary. Although if you ever need help making snacks I’ll be glad too help.

Then David finally noticed Shanice and his eyes widen in surprise before he spoke “Woo!...that Afro is amazing.” He said seemingly earnest. “How do you get it like that? If there like a special comb or shampoo to help you out?”

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

-saw the eyes go wide, that she expected.-

-the save going for the fro, that left her speechless for a good moment.-

"humidity."

-dumbfounded tone could be taken a couple ways, but she looks back at the briefing, thoroughly confused whether to give him high marks for being smooth, or frame his picture for the dumbest white boy pickup line she's ever heard ... well at least in a week.-
Last edited by Winger on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Chance »

And then Constance was there, the bag of chips from the other room in her hand.

"Hey Shanice, hey...uh..." She tilted her head on seeing David. "You must be new."

She'd just appeared there, as if teleporting. There was no sound though, no puff of air announcing her. A cute blonde girl, a bit shorter than Shanice but with none of the other girl's fitness training. She had on a red and white sweater and a pair of jeans.

"I'm Constance," she said to David, holding out a hand. "People call me Chance sometimes." She looked at Shanice then and asked, "Are you heading to the FBI office with me, or...what?"

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

David seemed like he was actually thrown off more by the teleporting than he was by Shanice, but eventually he spoke. “I’m David-FBI?...oh I see, they lend you their title authorities?”

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Hexx »

Kat doesn't even stifle the snort that results from David's smooth moves with Shanice. When the discussion turns back to the planning stages, she does speak up, though. "I'd stand out in Reyes territory, but if Helios or Spook can hook us up with comms, I can be local and feed lines to anyone going in the hardware shop." She looks critically around the room. "Large in his adult form should be good, and Bubbles can pull off street. The rest of you...." She shakes her head. "I say Blondie and the new guy, at least, should be talking to the Feds; both of 'em have that Mom-and-apple-pie vibe, frankly. Wet Dream, you still gonna be peeking in the warehouse? Zoo-boy can probably provide you with some low-key backup by looking like a big ol' pit bull; if we can be given a van to work out of, I could be there, too."
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Winger
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Winger »

-looks to Constance, loosely finger points to Kat's outline.-

"Love to. But I get to hang out with mi gran tio loco."

-bites lip thinking-

"But hit me on comms if Null has stuff I /need/to know fast."
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Age: 14-15yo
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

“So...no more tests? I finally get to do some-wait what do you mean by mom and apple pie?” David took a moment to collect him self before he dismissed the comment completely “so are we going immediately? Or do I have time to actually unpack?” He held up his duffle bag

User avatar
Chance
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Pretty far from home!

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by Chance »

Chance glanced at the duffle, then shrugged. "Leave it here," she suggests. "I kinda wanna get going right away if I have take you along with me."

Then she gave a nod to Shanice. "I'll keep you informed. And you call for backup if you need it. I can get over there like...bam." She snapped her fingers.

"Hey, David? What's your power anyway?"

David “Sir Real”
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 am

Re: 2.2 Interlude: Tracking down the clues

Post by David “Sir Real” »

He drops the duffle on a chair before looking over to chance. He decided to show instead of tell and held up his briefcase before he warped the shape of it into a small shield in his hands. “Magnetism.”

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”