2.1 Legions of Adoring Fans (Interlude/RP)

Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: 2.1 Legions of Adoring Fans (Interlude/RP)

Post by Hexx »

@Probe, Hexx grins. "You overestimate the interest the cops have in teenagers. Sure, they'll quiz the Jackals. And I can almost guarantee that the Jackals are already being debriefed by their own managers, and being told what to say--hell, it's possible the cops are just going to ask Anubis to turn over results of the interviews they do." She tilts her head, considering. "Oh, and of course, there's the simple fact that this was an event open to the general public. Sure, we had VIP passes, but that was an entire section of the front row or two, not just us. And it's not like they were checking our IDs for that, even. In short, the cops don't necessarily know who 'that geeky kid in the front row' even is. Sure, if they come to the Academy, we might have to answer some questions--and in that case, go with Bubbles' line about video games and YouTube videos."

Then she looks @Winger, running through things in her head for a moment. "Ah, I misunderstood you, sorry. Crossed you talking about 'helping' with you wanting to ask about the trapped Guardians. That said, my point still stands--people who show up to crises in costumes, whipping around superpowers, are going to get looked at very heavily. And I'm not doing it until we've got something better than domino masks that would've barely worked in the 40s."

In the limo, Kat grins at Experanza. "Oh, just a terrorist bomb attack, totally foiled without going, ah, public. Oh, and I got a hat." Checking to make sure her windows are adequately tinted first, she pulls out her Anubis cap, doffing it at a jaunty angle, humming the tune to Prince's "Raspberry Beret". The smugness is almost palpable.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing
Winger

Post by Winger »

-nod and nonsarcastic thumbsup to hexx. points clarified, all good-

-in scooting passed esper snarking at her loot- "Not all mine. Only like som-most of it."

-requests trunk open and dumps as much as possible back there, then gets in the limo-

-moment she's out of public view, she scrambles to a seat and curls up in it hugging herself and burying her face in her knees, trembling now and then, working through slowly breathing, the first 'safe point' she's been where she didn't have to worry about her pendant keeping her safe. takes her a few moments to just ... center herself and squeeze. but finally and unclinch and flop into seat position and look at the rest.-

-ragdoll now, bedraggled pathetic voice-

"i couldn't even get a hole through the wall. i could barely open a door."

-gritting teeth sneering at herself. distinctly not delving into all the other concerns about the guardians and bomber(s) and heroism. she'll step up if there's a plan, but she'll also happily go home and just have a teen meltdown into her pillow-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet
Agility:d8
d4: Driving Piloting Stealth
d6: Athletics Fight
d12: Fight(ForceControl)

Smarts:d6
d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt
d6: Notice

Spirit:d6
d4: Intimidate Performance Persuasion

Strength:d6
Vigor:d6

Pace:6(d6)
Parry:6
Toughness:5(13w/FF)
Size:0
Build: Athletic

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp
Edges: Linguist(Spa/Fre/ASL) TeamPlayer AB+PPE

ForceControl(8)+ForceField+Heavy
SuperSkill(3)Fighting(ForceControl)
Flight(5)48"/120mph
Burrowing(1)(req:Forcefield)
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
In Effect: Team Player
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020
Time: 1:20 PM
Weather: Normal for season (cold); light wind; no precipitation
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

Esperanza listened calmly to the teenagers as they explained what happened. “It seems you all stayed calm and kept your heads,” she said. “That’s good. No one was injured or killed. When we get back to campus, maybe you can find out some more information on these terrorists,” she suggested.

Esper gave Kat a smile. “Nice hat. Goes with your jacket,” she commented.

Esperanza studied Shanice. “You okay?” she asked quietly, not to draw attention to her.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Winger

Post by Winger »

-head flopped back ragdoll looking up at the 'starry sky' leds of the limo ceiling-

"yeah, coach. i'm superfine."

-tina fey level thumbsup-
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet

d4: Academics CommonKnowledge Electronics Healing Research Science Survival Taunt

Hinderences: Maj:Caffeine, Min:Ruthless, Min:Loyal, Min:DeathWish, Min:DistinctApp

Flight(5)48"/120mph
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

"I still think the Nubie Guards had something to do with the setup."

When Esperanza gives Caelian a questioning look, he clariifes. "Anubis was running security. Very spotty work if they allowed someone to walk in there and plant bombs and hijack the networks and power grid."

"Likely some cleaning crew a day or two before, on the terrorist payroll through some third party Camaan Island bank out, were the bomb planting perps. May not be able to gather any real solid leads."

"Likely someone further up the chain of command was in on it and knew what was going on."

"The guards in the theatre were clueless and likely considered expendable. Poor way to run any organization. Devaluing your employees."

Seeing Shanice @Winger relax and let go, Caelian has half a mind to do the same but holds off as the limo is already riding low to the ground.

At Esperenza's comment to track down info on the terrorist, "Cyber stalking. I think that is @Probe and @Chance's department."

"But I am certain I could help."
Winger

Post by Winger »

-lulls head to the side-

@Highlander: "dude, you're eyeing the shocks again. i have your nimbus cloud. i'm okay now."

hometown for funeral: buddy workout montage, making a disk 3" off the ground for tonsoflove to sit/jump/springboard on. there's a tonal "thank you, bro" at the kind gesture of not wanting to bother her with that now since she's distraught, but seems she'd rather have that to focus on than THE INFINITE PIT OF DARKNESS THAT IS MY TEENAGE EXISTENCE RUINED XxXRAV3N666XxX NOTHINGNESS which seems to color her voice a bit more than her 'i'm fine' did.

(doesn't do it now, but can if they pile in and head home. most magnificient one-seater cushionboard the world has ever seen, in fact. and she'd be hiding under clothes and hair staying low, ready to drop his lead butt and smack her pendant back on if muggles somehow peek in for inspection.)
wild fc8 [dice:27w4duux]63020:1[/dice:27w4duux]
Shanice "Winger" Walker
Character Sheet

Flight(5)48"/120mph
Parry(1) Deflection(1)
Buffy Laskaris

Post by Buffy Laskaris »

And that's when Chance came up to the limo, looking a little breathless, and with her cellphone clutched tightly in her hand. It had taken a bit of doing to hang back towards the end of conga line out of the building, then sneak some photos of the bombs and the Anubis guards and the kids filing out...but Constance was pretty good at hiding her phone in her hand and looking inconspicuous.

She knocked on the window, then piled in when someone opened the door for her.

"Hey guys," she said. "Pretty wild, right? Anyone got a radio? Police band maybe? I wanna see if there's any word on what else was hit while we were playing Dodgebomb over here?"
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020
Time: 1:20 PM
Weather: Normal for season (cold); light wind; no precipitation
Scene Modifiers
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

Esperanza listened to Caelian’s explanation. “If Anubis was involved, what do they gain?” she asked. “They already have gotten the Guardians to purge their mutants. But it is a lead we can follow up,” she acknowledged. “There are more ways to track down information than just cyber stalking,” she said with a smile.

When Constance joined them, Esperanza pulled out a small police scanner and let them listen in. Much of it was ongoing chatter about the bomb incident at Guardian Tower. There were some local petty crime, but not much that seemed to be taking advantage of the police distraction.

“Let’s head home and see what we can find,” Esperanza said, knocking on the window for the driver to go.

Team:
Cailean Blythe/Highlander
Samuel Franklin/Probe
Katherine “Kat” Wilhelm/Hexx
Constance Abels/Chance
Shanice Walker/Winger

GM Bennies: 5/5
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Sam is questioned by the police, though the questioning is fairly cursory. He answers truthfully but tries to downplay any questions about his involvement in finding and disarming the bombs.
OOC Comments
Persuasion [dice:35n8n0km]63062:0[/dice:35n8n0km], Wild Persuade [dice:35n8n0km]63062:1[/dice:35n8n0km]
Fortunately, there are many more people to question than there are police available to do the questions. Minors tend to require special handling.

He is let go, though told to be ready to return if they have further questions. Probably they are saying the same to most of the people there.

He rejoins the others and says to Esperaza, "Fortunately the bombs were fairly basic, I was able to disarm three of them using the pocket multitool I carry with me for emergencies. Someone had to do it, and it was clear it was not going to be the guards."

At the question of cyber-stalking, he replies, "Programming is not my forte, hardware is."

At the suggestion that Anubis could be involved, he frowns, "I do not see the company as a whole being involved, but I could easily picture just one person who is involved in personnel arranging for making certain that no one assigned to the task had any ordnance disposal skills."

He is ready to leave...it is pretty certain that the rest of the day's events will be canceled.
In Effect:
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

Return to “Adventure Forum”