Fall from Glory (Interludes)

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Fall from Glory (Interludes)

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Fall from Glory
Going from super to squalor is a hard fall. After a short lived party following the war, the AEGIS Authority has been hot on your heels for months. By circumstances, you’ve banded together as a little group for mutual protection. Some can go into the city with little chance of being discovered, just by avoiding cameras and their facial recognition protocols. Others, are stuck in “the zone” . The Zone, officially called the reclamation zone, is a heaping ruin in the boroughs of the once great city of New York that was devastated by the war. It is slowly being rebuilt by government work crews but for now it contains old buildings, collapsed tunnels, and even some decently furnished abandoned apartments - if you don’t mind no electricity, no running water, and lots of rats.
Interlude
Okay, give a short interlude for how your hero ended up in a hiding hole with the rest. Could be an action scene, a history sequence, journal entry or what ever. This is you explaining to each other how the group came together. If you need direction, try drawing a card using the Interlude rules in SW.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Randy

Re: Fall from Glory (Interludes)

Post by Randy »

“You shot me! You really shot me!? With a desert eagle no less? What kind of security guard are you? Normally you guys keep people from coming in. You don’t keep them from leaving? What is your malfunction kid? You know I was just going to stroll out of here and not bother you?”
The security guard fresh out of school and stuck in a dead end detail stammers as the naked man he just shot is still walking towards him. Watching the man's bullet hole disappear before his eyes. “But...uh..I..”

“The name’s Randy, kid.” Just then Randy punches the kid in the jaw and lets him crumple to the floor. “Kid is lucky he isn’t with thoise Ares jerkoffs.” Randy begins to pick up the kids gun and begins checking the tags on his clothes. “Kid they are not going to believe your story tomorrow. Glad you're not a shrimp. These will fit nicely.” After putting the clothes on Randy pulls the keys out of the pockets and a wallet. Randy pulls the money out of the wallet and drops the rest on the kid’s chest. Then Randy heads to the parking lot and begins pressing the button on the keyfob to find the car. Not totally interested in screwing over the kid he does a quick search of the car for anything useful finding a great axe and a newly purchased box of dog treats. Randy takes both. “I guess dog treats is better than nothing and I am pretty hungry and I don’t think a kid who shoots on site deserves this axe I’ll take it to.” Going to the front seat Randy tosses the keys in and locks the door. Then he walks away.

After some soul searching on his walk Randy spots someone very familiar to him walking into a small building with another very good looking female. Hurriedly he follows them as he tries to get a bit closer to get a better look. He glances in a couple windows and it does appear to be Delilah, his doctor from the war. Then he walks to the door and begins knocking to which she answers nervously with the chain still in place. “Hey Delilah, remember me? And whose the lovely lady with you? Care if I crash here? My last pad had metal beds.”
The One and Only Randy Reslyon
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 8 ;
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Monologuer, Big Mouth, and Stubborn

Combat Edges of Note
Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
Quick Draw: May draw weapon as a free action

Power Summary
Regeneration: Natural Healing roll of Vigor +4 Every Round
Immune to Poison and Disease.
Fearless (2): Immune to Fear tests.
Deadly: +1d6 to all melee attacks

Gear of Note
Greataxe: Str+d10+d6, 15 Weight, AP 1, Parry –1, 2 hands
Desert Eagle (.50), 15/30/60, 2d8, ROF 1, 8 Weight, 7 shots, AP 2, Semi-Auto
Bullets (.50), x100

Bennies: 3
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm emerges from the dirt in Slope Park under his usual tree. He's still laughing. Oh, I wish I could've seen their faces.... All those corporate fat-cats and their government lackeys, patting one another on the back over the 'great job' they're doing in the Reclamation Zone--sure, if you don't count all the waste they've been dumping into the Bay. Fools. I didn't sign up to save the Mother only for them to poison Her instead. Well, I hope they enjoyed my party crashers....

Even if he couldn't see their faces, of course, he'd been close enough to the gala to hear the first screams as the roach swarms started falling down out of the ceiling tiles. That would have to be good enough. Hm... they'll probably be looking for the culprit, of course. I'll go crash at the big guy's place tonight--better to have him nearby if they actually figure out where I'm at.

As he gets near the abandoned apartment building, Gothm calls out. "Hey, Brute! Mind if I camp with you tonight? I think it looks like rain!" Of course, it always looks like rain when I need it to....
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (d8/d12+1), Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 2: Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6) + Super-Attribute Spirit III
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Attribute: Spirit
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

John is not like the others, he never trusted the Government...of course, as a wanted man, he had reason to keep his identity a secret. He never took off his armor around the others, many questioned if MARDUK was a man in an armor suit, or a Robot. He kept the mystery intact, avoiding even the doctor...even when he was hurt (which happened more often than he admitted).

Instead, he relied on his friends, the members of his gang and their allies. He repaired the suit himself when it was damaged (at least that was pretty rare) and only showed up in the armor when needed.

The thing about his gang contacts is they tell him when things are amiss in the area...mind that is often because they want him to solve them. And solve problems he often does...not always with the armor. He has gotten pretty good at finding solutions without violence or using the armor...and in using the armor in ways that do not show it off

The Reclamation Zone is a place where many of the down and out try to make some kind of living, and Tres Reyes is there to sell them things they need or want. Most of those things are cheap (possibly because some are stolen) and, unlike some others, they are willing to take payment in other things than cash.

He knows Brute is there, indeed his friends have been helping keep his presence hidden from the government so they can trade food to him for assistance with their own reclamation projects. This was partly on John's Advice.

Now it seems someone else is visiting Brute, so MARDUK is there to see who. He has his stealth unit, his sensor unit, his speed unit, and his webcaster...in general he is prepared for trouble, but not for heavy combat as he attempts to see what is going on.
OOC Comments
Forgot my rolls:
Notice [dice]0[/dice] Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice] WN ace [dice]6[/dice]=10
Stealth [dice]2[/dice] Wild Stealth [dice]3[/dice] Stealth Ace [dice]7[/dice]=11
Streetwise [dice]4[/dice], Wild Streetwise [dice]5[/dice]=4
Last edited by Probe on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 1

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 8 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“You okay, mom?” Summer asked as they walked down the darkened street. This close to the reclamation zone, the streetlights hadn’t been repaired.

Delilah rubbed her lower back with a wry smile. “Yes,” she said. “Just a little low on juice and the nanites are in sleep mode to conserve energy until the sun is up. And I haven’t waited tables since I was your age.”

Delilah and Summer were both dressed in pink and white waitress uniforms and sensible white shoes as they walked home from their jobs at Nighthawks, a local diner themed after the famous painting by Edward Hopper. The pay wasn’t great, but the owner was willing to pay cash under the table with no questions, and the tips were great for a couple of beautiful waitresses.

Summer was already counting hers out, as best she could in the moonlit night.

“Put that away!” Delilah scolded. “Do you want someone to see and mug you?”

“Psh!” Summer laughed. “As if you would let that happen. Besides, I’m getting pretty good myself.”

Delilah frowned. Summer was progressing well in her training. With the chaos in the city after the alien invasion, Delilah wanted her daughter to be able to defend herself, and Summer had had some self defense training thanks to her parents working in the military.

Summer put her tips away and flipped open her phone to check for texts. “God, this phone can barely do anything!” Summer said with disgust, closing it again. “Think I can buy a new one with my tip money?”

Delilah shook her head. “To dangerous,” she told her daughter. “The government can track it.”

Summer kicked a can down the street. “I hate this.”

Delilah sighed sadly. “I know, hon. I’m sorry.”

“Maybe I should go back to Dad.”

That caused Delilah to wince. She always did feel guilty, dragging her teenage daughter into this life on the run. “I’m...not sure what your father would do,” Delilah finally said.

“He’d forgive me. He loves me. Right?”

Delilah bit her lip. “He...loves you, yes. But...his duty has always come first,” she reminded Summer. “You saw how angry he was when you set me free. I don’t want to think what would happen if he interrogated you to find me.”

Summer hung her head, brushing dark brown hair from her blue eyes.

They walked in silence until they came to the old three story brownstone and descended the steps. Delilah pulled out the key. The building was close to the edge of the reclamation zone, and so there were only a couple tenants. The absentee landlord let them squat there for monthly cash rent while he collected checks from the government. At least it had electricity, water, and heat.

Delilah flipped on the light and tossed her bag down on a chair, dropping the keys in the dish by the door.

Summer was already heading toward the bathroom, reaching up to pull out her ponytail. “I’m going to wash the fry oil off me,” the teen said sullenly.

“Don’t forget, homework before bed. I might head out to see...Brute tonight.” Delilah winced. She’d almost called him by his name, the name of the man he had been.

“Cool! Can I come? I haven’t seen Brute all week!”

Delilah frowned. “The zone is dangerous, Summer.”

“You’ll be with me.”

“I… Not before your homework is done.”

“Cool!” Summer smiled happily. “I got some things for him.”

Delilah sighed and let down her own dark hair. She eyed the car battery sitting on a stack of cinder blocks. Through a hole in the drywall, she had hooked it up to the power to charge. She disconnected the leads from the power supply and then licked her fingers, sticking them onto the battery leads. She grunted as the jolt zapped through her, clutching on and draining the battery. With a sigh, she sank against the wall a moment before reconnecting the battery to recharge again. She hoped she wasn’t getting to addicted to that, but it felt great to have power.

Delilah held out her hands. She knew she couldn’t see the nanites that gave her super abilities, and she only imagined hearing them communicating or feeling them moving in her body. But occasionally, on a bright, sunny day, her skin would get vague glowing lines under the surface where the photosensitive machines came up to charge.

The knock on the door startled her. Who could that be? Who knew she even lived here? Had they come for her and her daughter? But Aegis didn’t knock.

Delilah went to her purse and pulled out the Glock .9mm she carried. Given her superpowers, she didn’t really need it, but it was less flashy. She threw open the door, registered who was there, and then emptied the clip into his head.

Summer rushed out of the bathroom in a towel. “Mom!” she exclaimed, watching her mother open the door and seeing a man’s bleeding, faceless head.

“Get me a towel for the blood,” Delilah said, no nonsense. “He won’t be out long.”

Summer rushed back into the bathroom and returned with a towel. Delilah wrapped it around the man’s head to keep him from bleeding all over the apartment. She would need to bleach the stoop tonight. With a surge of strength from her nanites, the petite woman lifted the larger male bodily over her shoulder and kicked the door closed, carrying him to the kitchen.

“Lock the door, get your stun gun, and get dressed,” Delilah ordered her daughter. She dumped the limp body onto a chair and went to a closet, pulling out a bunch of chains and duct tape.

Summer disappeared into her room. By the time she emerged in a pair of shorts and a tank top, holding her stun gun, Delilah had duct taped the man to the chair and then secured him with the chains and a hefty padlock. She handed her gun to her daughter.

“Stand there, well away from him. If he moves, shoot him again. I’m going to change.”

Delilah disappeared into her bedroom. She frowned. She was going to have to get blood out of her work uniform, or buy a new one. That was going to cost money.

Delilah quickly changed into shorts and a tight tank top herself, returning to the living room and taking the gun from Summer.

“Watch at the window. No one should have cared about gunshots in this neighborhood, but let’s be safe.”

By the time Delilah unwrapped the bloody towel, the man’s face had reconstructed itself. When he came to consciousness again, Delilah was sitting opposite him, dangling the Glock nonchalantly between her long, lovely legs, dark eyes staring at him hard.

“What the hell are you doing here, Randy, and how the hell did you find me? Is Aegis on the way? I saw on the news. You were captured and killed.”

Delilah got up and went to a drawer, pulling out a kitchen knife. “This is going to hurt, but I have to know if they put a tracer in you.”

Summer was looking pale. “Mom…”

Delilah sighed. “I’m sorry, Summer. Go do your homework.”
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Adventure Cards:
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

==V-Day + ?==

~Call me Desdenova, eternal light~
~These gravely digs of mine~
~Will surely prove a sight~

Raith is walking down the street fiddling with the tiny technological marvel in his hands, bobbing his head in time with the music. It was just about the only thing he kept after absconding from the ARES base with the book. The device pumps out loud music of a vigorous, modern style Raith has come to fancy in his time awake in this strange future humanity had created for itself. Raith was forced, grudgingly, to admit to himself that such things were impressive feats of the science of modern mortals.

Entire symphonies in the palm of my hand. Remarkable.

A distant rumbling to his rear finally broke his bemusement with the small gadget. He pulls the buds from his ears and turns to see a familiar sight. An ARES task force moving into action.

Oh Peepants, you're such an ungrateful wretch. To think I let you keep one of your testicles even after you tried to subdue me again in your office despite my warning. Perhaps I'll have to rectify that situation...

But, to Raith's surprise, the ARES force ignores him and rolls by at a furious pace. He watches it go by with a frown.

Well that's just insulting.

Out of little more than idle curiosity, he waits until the rearmost vehicle passes him and then winks out of existence only to reappear hanging low onto the back of the speeding ARES vehicle, safely out of sight.

A short time later the convoy shudders to a halt. Raith blinks and is suddenly on top of a nearby building, looking down into the street to see what fearsome foe ARES was sent to deal with. What he sees is an old man with a staff. Raith leans against a nearby air conditioning duct and watches the scene play out with open amusement.

This shouldn't take long. Raith is under no delusions that the man with the staff is as helpless as he appears. His experience during the war had brought him into contact with many beings, both human and otherwise, that wield immense power. It is one of the reasons Raith is so fascinated with this future world. But this was a full ARES task force.

Surely this man is one such being, otherwise why send an ARES force?

As the man in the street begins to realize the ARES force does not have good intentions, he swings the staff in a broad arc in front of him. In a flash of arcane pyrotechnics a large dragon appears and immediately begins to wreak havoc on the ARES soldiers. While the ARES force is preoccupied with the strange dragon, the old man suddenly sinks into the street like it is water.

Oh, well done! Well done indeed.

His curiosity piqued, Raith eyes a large storm drain across the street and decides to take a chance. He disappears from his rooftop perch and reconstitutes in the drain and is rewarded with a sewer pipe leading off in the general direction where the strange old man dropped into the street. He follows the man at a distance, using his natural teleportation power and stealth skills to stay undetected. After what seems like miles, the old man emerges into a wider area of the sewers, free from filth and clearly set up as a makeshift living space. For over an hour he just waits in the darkness, observing the motley group assembled there as they listen to the old man recount his encounter in the streets above.

So. ARES has been turned against the ones they made to help them win their war, have they? A dark scowl spreads over Raith's face as he contemplates the ramifications of this sudden news. Treacherous bastards. Looks like I was right to take care of that damnable book when I did.

After a time, he grows bored of sulking in the dark and blinks into existence into the midst of the group with a wicked grin on his face.

"Boo!"
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Randy

Post by Randy »

“Well ladies, if you wanted to tie me up all you had to do was ask?” he says as he looks and winks at Delilah. She stabs the kitchen knife a little harder as she looks for a tracer.

“Well long story short, I woke up in a morgue not too far from here. Then I saw you lovely ladies. When I noticed it was you I figured I would stop in and say hi.” He looks down at her trying to cut into his skin for the tracer and shakes his head.

“I am pretty sure my body would eject a tracer not like they would waste their time. I was dead or that's what they thought.” as he speaks he wiggles around kind of testing the bonds a little for wiggle room and to see how tightly she wanted him wrapped up.

Looking Summer up and down he continues talking. “So working a diner with your friend here? That seems like quite the fall for special ops doctor. Your friend is cute. Hey friend we have not been properly introduced. My name is Randy. What’s yours?”

Randy shakes his head a second as a realization comes to mind, "Wait a second, did she say mom? How fast did this kid grow up? I mean I heard they grow up fast but it hasn't been that long. She must be eating her Wheaties. So MOM, whatever happened to dad? Was he that Ares prick that hung around and helped start this mess?"
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

ooc note: Odd, I was not notified of the last few posts on this thread either. Wonder what is wrong with my notifications? Posting this to see if it corrects things.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“You don’t know the program like I do, Randy,” Delilah said. “There are ways to embed the trackers that even your regenerative powers won’t eject. After all, we didn’t want to lose our assets during the war. Someone obviously didn’t read your file closely enough if they didn’t take precautions for you to stay dead.”

When Randy started making comments about her daughter, Delilah scowled. She stabbed him in a nerve cluster to ensure maximum pain. “Don’t talk to her. Don’t even look at her,” she snapped. “Who her father is isn’t any of your concern!” Guilt flooded Delilah as she twisted the knife in Randy’s nerve cluster.

“Mom!” Summer yelled. “Mom, you’re scaring me!”

Delilah took a breath, regaining focus. She yanked the bloody knife out of Randy’s leg and tossed it into the sink before going over and hugging Summer tightly, careful not to get blood on her.

“I’m sorry, hon,” she murmured into her daughter’s hair. How could she explain that she was scared, too. Terrified that Horatio would find them, would take her daughter from her. What would he do if he found out the truth? Delilah didn’t care what Horatio would do to her, as long as Summer was safe.

Sniffing and wiping her nose on her arm, Delilah blinked away the tears that threatened and went to the sink to wash up. “I didn’t find a tracer,” she said. “Doesn’t mean there isn’t one. We have to assume this place is compromised.”

“I don’t want to move again!” Summer complained. She recovered a key and went over, undoing the chains around Randy.

“Summer, I didn’t say to release him!”

Summer looked up at her mother. “This is just what dad was doing to you,” she said. “I know you remember. He wanted to know where you helped the other ARES escape to.”

Delilah looked away, ashamed. Summer was right. She wandered over and turned on the television, turned on the news. There was the latest report on the Aegis Initiative against the so-called superpowered terrorists. There was a report about a massive attack of a cockroach swarm on a government and business leaders’ gala celebrating the rebuilding of the city.

Delilah shook her head. “Marius, you idiot,” she muttered. “That’s just going to antagonize them more.”

She watched another report before turning away. By this time, Summer had cut Randy free of the duct tape, as well.

“They got the Crimson Protector,” Delilah said dully. She filled a glass of water and handed it to Randy. “You need to replenish your fluids. I’ll...try and find you clean clothes,” she said with a sigh. “Summer, geometry.”

Summer sighed. “Aren’t you going to introduce us?” she asked.

“No.”

Summer rolled her eyes. “Nice to meet you, Randy,” she said. “Mother doesn’t like to talk about work. I’m Summer.” She held out a delicate hand to him and flashed him an attractive smile. She was quite the young looker, and if she had been in high school like a proper girl her age, she would have had a bevy of available boyfriends -- or girlfriends, if that was her thing. Probably a cheerleader. Maybe prom queen someday. Alas, she would never have a normal life again.
Character Tracker
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Adventure Cards:
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Walker »

The old man at the counter looked at the the kid checking him out. “You know buying milk should really be easier than this.”
The young man looked up confused. “I’m sorry sir, you mean the change?” Looking at his hand as he was counting he double checked he was handing the right amount over.
“Oh no. Not the change. Those men who are about to show up and shoot holes in this building. Would you do me a favor and duck behind that safe. I don’t want you to get hurt, but those government types can be real dunces.” After seeing the boy look at him confused the old man points out the window with his expensive looking cane. “Men with guns are going to start shooting as soon as I walk out, please duck down. It can be very hard to detain them without any of them being hurt and I don’t want one of them to get you.” Then somehow the boy could not explain he saw a shimmering come from the old man and he realized what was going to happen.
Seeing the boy finally get the point and duck behind the safety of the safe Ric… Tony, he had to think of himself as Tony now, headed out.

“Sir, a report says there is an man just appeared out of nowhere and walked into a bodega on 283rd and Cleveland. Close to the Zone.” The report from LeCren was spoken swiftly as he was already putting on his armor and readying his gear.
Captain Hegland was a little bored so this was a nice break. “Excellent, mobilize and I think I will come with you this time.” Teleporters where always interesting grabs. The standard combination of tranquilizers and tracking devices got to them down quickly, but trying to find your way into some of the rat holes they can jump into is always an interesting exercise. Unless they where some of the rare ones that could jump miles. Then they would get out of range f the trackers and that just pissed him off.
Within minutes the full team was on the way and finishing suiting up in rout. He could see the adrenaline pumping, you never know on these random call ins if you are going to gets an easy class A or ones of those Class E ready to destroy a city block. Of course it was a hard job, but the crap these monsters do to society needs to stop.
Swinging into place they saw the old man walk out. “Holy shit I think that’s Walker, hes a class C!” a private blurted out at the same time Hegland thought it in his head.
Without wasting time Hegland started giving orders. Three times he had fought this asshole and no way was he going to fail to get him again. “Get that staff from his hand and he is powerless. When that dragon shows up, aim for its head!”. Suddenly just as he predicted a circle of pink energy opened in the air and the dragon came flying out at full speed tearing up the vehicles. He sees him men shooting at Walker, four of the braver men charging on foot with electro prods hoping to stun him to the ground and incapacitate him. But before they can get close enough he turns away from then and slides into the ground. Cussing Hegland is pissed, somehow him men avoided getting hurt by that damn creature, but the havoc it inflicted on the vehicles will take weeks to repair and bust his budget.

Sliding into the ground and leaving the dragon with the clear instructions to only destroy the vehicles and not hurt the men Tony was tired. “Why to they always have to chase us like that. I know, I know I should have just left before they arrived, or maybe I should just finish some of them before they hurt some innocents with their fanaticism.” The old man continued to talk to him self as he walked through the sewer. Normally he would prefer teleporting, but with Raith back there following him and curious perhaps he can have a new ally.
Arriving to the hangout he immediately set ot making breakfast for the members who arrived already. As he is setting up the table no-one notices the extra place he o that the table expanded two full foot to make room for another, until suddenly a man dressed like a ninja with desiccated eyes pops out of nowhere with a “Boo!”.
Without much flare, Ric… Tony hands a cup of coffee to the undead ninja and says. “I don’t think you need to eat or drink, but just in case I made you a plate have some tea. Everyone will feel more comfortable if you are holding something even if not eating.
"After all, we are in the same boat and I think maybe you should be allied with us.”
Walker (Rob T)
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Currently Memorized: Phasing on Astral Form and Teleport.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Brute shambled through the inky darkness of the abandoned tunnel navigating it with an ease that would have astounded the person he used to be but for brute it was the most natural thing in the world. He spent a lot of time in the tunnels when he needed to travel outside his squat in the reclamation zone. Bitter experience had taught Brute that if he wandered around above ground too much, especially during the daytime the bad men would find him and try to hurt him. Brute tensed in anger and sadness as memories took him back to the time when his friends, the people who took care of him when he wasn't fighting the bad spacemen, turned on him and tried to kill him. Enraged and confused he smashed his way out o the containment facility and eventually made his way here through chance as much as anything else.

As quickly as the thoughts and feelings arrived they were gone again into the swirling fog that was Brute's mind and he continued making his way through the tunnels, eventually arriving at his "back door" also known as the hole he had knocked in the wall between the tunnel and the apartment building basement where he now lived. Briefly he wondered if any of his friends were going to come see him today. Since his arrival in the city he had met several others whom he had known back when they all fought the bad spacemen.

There was Plant Man who gave him food from time to time and Tin Man would stop by and ask Brute to do favors for friends of his. As long as Brute did not sense danger from them he was happy to help out since it gave him something to do. Then there was Dee and Summer who would come and talk to him from time to time. Brute knew Dee wasn't really her name but for some reason he didn't quite understand he would always just call her Dee. Brute liked Dee and Summer best of all though he was not sure exactly why. Maybe it was because sometimes Dee and Summer would bring Brute pie. Yes, that was it. They would bring pie for Brute and keep Brute company.

Brute's thoughts, such as they were, were interrupted by a loud knock at his front door, an actual door this time. Not sensing any danger from whoever was on the other side a big grin lights up his face as he hears the voice through the door. Jerking the door open, but not too hard after the last time, and greets his friend, "Plant Man! Brute happy to see you!"

Then remembering something that Summer had taught him he stands aside, waves his arm and says enthusiastically, "Please come into Brute's house! Do you want something to eat? Brute sorry but Brute ate all the pie. Brute would be happy for Plant Ma- sorry, Brute forgot, happy for Goth-em to stay as long as Goth-em want."
Randy

Post by Randy »

Randy takes Summer’s hand. Should I kiss it. Naw better keep Dee in good spirits. He shakes it lightly before letting go. “Nice to meet you kid” he whispers to her.

As Delilah returns to the room with some old clothes he begins changing unbothered by anyone's presence in the room. “Thanks Dee. The security uniform was a bit small. I was with crimson when they got him. I don't think they realized who I was. They got me good though. We really need to band together with a group of us and bring the fight to them. Anyone still operating and fighting back? Maybe we could round them up.”

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mr. Raith »

notice 5
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]
Walker wrote:“I don’t think you need to eat or drink, but just in case I made you a plate have some tea. Everyone will feel more comfortable if you are holding something even if not eating. After all, we are in the same boat and I think maybe you should be allied with us.”
Ah. So that explains the extra place he set at the table. Well done again, old man.

Raith accepts the tea wordlessly, doing his best to hide his disappointment at the nonchalant response to his sudden arrival. He takes a sip of the tea and immediately recoils in disgust. "Ugh. That's horrible. I may be dead but I have certain standards." He shoves the teacup back at the mage as he walks by to inspect the food. A long finger shoots out and spears a small chunk of meat, somehow without making contact with the plate, which Raith then holds up to his eyes and inspects as if it were a dead rat. A disappointed sigh follows, then he speaks again. "This might be passable." He grins wickedly at the group and pats his stone-like abdomen. "In more ways than one, eh?" He drops the mystery meat into his mouth and chews it obnoxiously loud longer than is necessary before he swallows it and says, "Well, it was food. I'll give you that."
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 12 2 Raises
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Delilah, Summer, Randy
Late Evening
Delilah’s Apartment

Summer smiled back at Randy. Then she beamed as he peeled off his shirt, revealing his hard, muscled abs, and started on his belt.

Oh, damn, he’s hot! Summer thought.

“Summer! Room! Delilah snapped. She glared at Randy and shoved her daughter toward her bedroom.

“Mo-om!”

Delilah turned to Randy once she had closed the door. “Do you have no standards?” she asked him. “That was practically a crime.” Of course, their very existence was a crime.

She brushed past him to the kitchen again and hauled out the cleaning supplies. “Fighting back is only going to make them come at us harder, Randy,” Delilah said as she cleaned up his blood from the kitchen floor. “The best thing we can do is lie low, give them no reason to be afraid of us.” She took a breath. “But yes, I do know a couple others. Marius keeps riling them up. I was going to go see James…” Delilah trailed off and took a breath, closing her eyes and resting her head on the end of the mop handle as she composed herself. It was still difficult to speak of him.

“I was going to go see Brute tonight,” she said after recovering herself, hoping Randy didn’t notice the little slip of emotion. She glanced over at the pecan pie she had made for him. He had always loved pecan pie. “So just how long, exactly, are you planning on crashing on my couch, Randy?” Delilah asked, squeezing out the bloody mop and heading for the door so she could clean up the front stoop.
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Marius smiled with genuine warmth at Brute's greeting. "Someone has been teaching you the courtly arts, my friend. In accepting your invitation, I should warn you, some of the men in black are probably out looking for me tonight. On the upside, however, I have brought food!" He holds up a large sack. "Potatoes--white and sweet--spinach and kale, tomatoes and mushrooms. Apples for desert."

He sets about making the food for the two of them, as they chat about current happenings in the RZ.
Rising Star
Skills: Athletics d6 (Throwing d12); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d8; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Powers:
Switch 1: Negation: RTA (Throwing), Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Switch 3: Attack, Ranged III, 12/24/48, 3d10 Damage, 1 Round Delay, Always Innocent Bystanders
Fearless
Randy

Post by Randy »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild:[dice]1[/dice]
Delilah, Summer, Randy
Late Evening
Delilah’s Apartment

Randy shrugs at the accusation clearly unperturbed. However, seeing emotion other than anger on Delilah’s face made Randy smile. “Brute hunh, you and the big lug hit it off? That must be quite the story. It has been a while since I have seen any of the group. Mind if I tag a long to see your boyfriend, err Brute? Afterwards I will leave if you so insist. I don't want to mess up this thing you got with your kid.” In the middle of the conversation Randy grabs the mop from her despite her reluctance and helps finish cleaning up the stoop and the rest of the blood.

Combat Edges of Note

Power Summary

Gear of Note
Bullets (.50), x100

Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

With Gothm's greeting Brute goes still for a moment and closes his eyes in a rare moment of concentration. After a few moments he opens his eyes again and grins at Gothm, "no bad men around right now Goth-em. If the bad men come around Brute will know, Brute always know." Just then another sensation, this time a rumbling in his belly reminds Brute of the mention of food. "Did Goth-em say he brought food? Goth-em always have good food for Brute. Brute loves potatoes and apples too. Brute's favorite kind of apple is apple pie. Mmmmm."

Leading Gothm to the brownstone's kitchen Brute points proudly to the stove. "Tin Man fixed stove for Brute but Brute not really know how to cook. Brute has water too," pointing to several relatively clean pails of water sitting on the counter. As Gothm prepares the food and tells Brute about what goes on above ground while Brute relates his explorations of the abandoned tunnels underneath.

Speaking enthusiastically, Brute relates a recent discovery. "Brute found big rock was so heavy even Brute could not carry very far but Brute was smart and pushed rock back to house to use to close Brute's back door in case Brute have to hide from the bad men!"
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

Even moving from cover to cover and only running when there is probably no one looking...at the speed he can move with the Running Unit equipped it does not take long to get close to Brute's place. The stealth system generally works fine at low speeds, a human walk or less, but at high speed it can blur a little, so caution is advised when moving at speed.

Reaching the area he keys up the HUD and observes who is with Brute. He recognizes Marius from the war, though they do not move in the same circles much since. He wishes there was a sound amplification unit as well as a visual unit, but if there was on it is not in the parts he could grab when he was exiting the institute.

He idly considers breaking back in to see if there are more units still in storage there, but knows he is unlikely to ever do so...well not unless he somehow lost several of the units he has. He could imagine breaking in to replace the lost units, but otherwise it is not worth the risk.

He stays well back, hidden and watching, trying to decide whether to drop in and greet Marius.
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 12 2 Raises
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Delilah, Summer, Randy
Late Evening
Delilah’s Apartment

Delilah frowned at Randy’s words. “No, there is nothing between Brute and me,” she said. Not anymore. Not for a long time. “He just need someone to look after him. He gets lonely. And no one needs a full Aegis cap’n’kill squad swarming over the area because Brute wandered out looking for a friend.”

Letting Randy clean the stoop, Delilah returned inside. “You can come with. And you can stay. For a while. But you’ll find your own place,” she told him. “Plenty of damaged and empty buildings inside the zone. If you want water and power, there are some places you can squat just outside the zone.”

Delilah started to pack up the pie and some other food. Then she disappeared into her room and changed, coming out again wearing tight jeans and a pretty blue blouse. There was a hint of the black bodysuit underarmour from her ARES days beneath the street clothes.

“Summer, is your geometry done?” Delilah called.

“Yes, Mom!” Summer said. She came out dressed in more suitable street clothes as well, jeans, boots, and a tank top and blouse. She gave Randy a smile as he returned with the bloody mop. “Sorry my mom overreacted,” she told him, slipping some ear buds into her ear.

“Summer, what have I said about paying attention in the zone?”

The teenager sighed and pulled out the earbuds. “But I managed to get the new Steampunk Zombies album!”

“You can listen to it tomorrow. We have to go. It’s a school night,” she reminded as she handed Summer and Randy packages to carry.
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

Gothm smiles at Brute's tales--the big lug is clearly managing fairly well, despite his unfortunate... limitations. If we ever do have to flee the Zone, he's the one I want to make sure gets out safely. Whatever ARES did to his head, it did no damage to his heart. He nods when the water is pointed out. "Excellent. While I'm chopping the mushrooms, put any empty pails you have on the roof; I can call up a rainstorm while we eat, fill up your supply, and help you get them back down after the storm passes."

Of course, he doesn't consider the possibility that someone might be spying on them from outside, or that others might be coming to visit who would thus get caught in the brief deluge. Pity, that....
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 1 Critical Fail
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Delilah, Summer, Randy
Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Approaching Brute’s apartment

Delilah, Summer, and Randy picked their way through the dark streets in the reclamation zone. There was no electricity or streetlights, and they carried none. No sense in drawing the attention of the predators that lurked in the ruins, and Delilah wasn’t thinking about the animal kind. Besides, her nanites gave her enhanced vision, so she saw in the dark as well as she did in the light, though Summer had a more difficult time of things. The only trouble they ran into was a trio of Tres Reyes gang members, but they seemed more interested in getting to where they were going than starting something, though they did make whistles and catcalls at the pretty females.

Three blocks from Brute’s abandoned parking building, though, the clouds darkened and gathered over the moon. Delilah looked up and frowned. “That was too quick to be natural,” she muttered. “That’s going to draw attention.”

And then the skies opened up, dumping buckets of rain on them. Summer gave a little shriek as she, Delilah, and Randy were soaked to the bone. Delilah’s blouse clung to her curves, her dark hair lank in her face. Summer had it worse, though, as she didn’t have the supersuit on underneath, and her t-shirt was white, clinging and becoming nearly transparent with the light blue bra underneath.

“Let’s hurry, and hope I don’t kill someone before the night is out,” Delilah growled, tugging her daughter along, trusting Randy to follow. They ducked into the building and made for the stairs to the basement.

Delilah paused outside Brute’s door and knocked. She and Summer stood there looking like drowned rats, Summer crossing her arms over her now inappropriately revealing t-shirt.

At least the pie was okay.
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Mitchell Maxwell »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Mitchell realizes he is late to the party. Acting the part of a blind man made slow going through the streets. Luckily it also gave him a decent cover as most agents pitied a cripple. Still, it paid to be extra cautious, so he walked around the block a few times making sure there were no tails to be had.

tap, tap, tap,

As Mitchell scratched his nose, he realized he let go of his cane and kept it moving in front of him with only his mind. He quickly grabbed it and hoped no one noticed.

I have to be careful of that. Stupid habit. Well, I might as well call on the rest of the gang, as there is no sense wandering around out here anymore

He had been hesitant in joining with this group, but things were getting more and more dangerous and having some friends with 'abilities' did have its perks. Still, leaving the other homeless and downtrodden to fend for themselves stung. Mitchell kept telling himself that it was for the greater good. It was wasn't it? But that's what started all of this in the first place with the ARES protocol too....
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Probe »

To Marduk, the rain was an annoyance. Not that John got wet, his armor is water tight, it is that his form is outlined by the falling rain. Invisibility (or fiber optic camouflage) may fool the eye, but it can not fool falling water.

John rapidly moves to cover and spins around quickly to remove the water...then staggers to a good spot to sit and recover his balance. The suit may have super speed but the body inside it is human. Spinning like that gets the water off fine, but it leaves John dizzy. It helps to remind himself that he is not as super as he sometimes tries to appear as Marduk.

The rain is hard to see through, but he has better luck doing so using Infrared. He sees three other people join Brute, and observes another circling the area slowly.

Right now, it is better to play free safety, stay NEAR the others but not WITH the others...be ready to help them if something happens. What they do not know, they can not reveal.
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice], Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
In Effect:

Uncanny Reflexes
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

At the knock, Marius looks at Brute. "Are we expecting more company? I can't imagine the Aegis MiBs' would bother knocking..." Still, to be safe, he sets down his cooking utensils and alters his abilities slightly, drawing upon the Mother's Bones to be more formidible, if only a little.
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Brute
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Brute »

Brute frowns and closes his eyes as he concentrates briefly. "Brute not know but it not the bad men." Eyes popping open, he grins and says, "I know! Brute will answer door and see! Be right back!" With that he turns and lumbers to the front door, opening it carefully. "Dee! Summer! Brute is happy to see you! Plant Ma-- uh, Brute mean Goth-em is here making dinner." Pronouncing with deliberate care he continues, "please, won't you come in?"

Seeing Randy, Brute frowns, "Brute don't know new guy but he look fa-mil-i-ar. Does Dee know new guy? Does Brute know new guy?" Brute's scrunches up in confusion for a moment before finally noticing that that his guests are all wet. Becoming slightly concerned and more importantly, distracts Brute from the new guy situation. "Uh oh, everybody got all wet. Brute has some towels. Be right back!" Carefully climbing the staircase to the second floor Brute rummages though his supply of scavenged supplies picking out several serviceable (and mostly clean) towels before heading back downstairs and distributing them to his bedraggled guests.
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Brute’s apartment

“Brute!” Summer said enthusiastically, jumping up and embracing the massive man in a hug.

Delilah smiled. James had always called her Dee. She hated the nickname, but for some reason not from him.

“Hello, Brute,” she said, having to remind herself that he was no long James, the man she had loved. She watched Summer’s greeting of Brute with bittersweetness.

“This is Randy,” Delilah explained. “He was with the program, as well. He recently had a run in with Aegis and showed up at my door needing a place to lie low.”

Delilah closed the door behind them as Brute went upstairs. “Thank you,” she said when he returned with towels for them. She took hers and dried her dark hair. “Gothm is here?” She frowned. “Is he responsible for that squall outside? A bit conspicuous.”
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hexx »

The not-as-old-as-he-looks man calls out from the kitchen. "I am here, and yes, as our host needed more fresh water, I did ask the Mother to provide, which She has. Do try to remember that not all of us are able to live in those upscale areas with functioning plumbing." It is, of course, distinctly possible that Summer recognizes that voice, though she's never heard it when spoken inside, which can change the acoustics a bit. "How many more should I be making plates for? We have a variety of potatoes, and salad fixings in abundance."
Rising Star
Perform d4; Fighting d4
Powers:
Fearless
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 6 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Brute’s apartment

“I would hardly call where I live upscale,” Delilah sniffed. Of course, it was better than living in the destruction of the Reclamation Zone, but not much, and she was only a few blocks away from the Zone border.

“Hey,” Summer said to the old man, giving him a wave and a knowing smile.

Delilah looked at her daughter, raising an eyebrow. “You know Gothm?” she asked.

“Um…” Summer said, avoiding eye contact and shuffling her feet. “Where are those towels?” She moved away quickly.
Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Marius shrugs at the question. "She and I have met a few times, yes. However, I never told her who I am, and she was evasive enough about herself that I never connected her to you--though side-by-side, the familial resemblance is more apparent." He continues cutting potatoes for the pot. "She is quite clever. You should be proud."
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Delilah Carter »

Notice 7 Success Agent
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 8 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Sewers

Delilah glared at her daughter, who looked sheepish. “And just what have you two been doing together?” she demanded. “And when?”

Summer shrugged, drying off. “When you were working extra shifts.”

“You’re supposed to be doing homework!”

“I got it done early!”

“And training?”

“I was! I went out running and ran into him.”

“Alone?!” Delilah looked appalled.

“Mom, I can take care of myself! You and dad taught me!” Summer reminded. “Gothm was just teaching me outdoors stuff. Tracking, navigating, finding food and shelter. I thought it would come in handy!”

Delilah sighed and pressed her fingers to her temples. Was she getting a migraine? Her nanites would take care of that soon enough. “We’ll talk about this later, young lady.” Best not to argue in front of everyone.

Character Tracker
Adventure Cards:

Return to “Archive”