Adventure 1: The Call

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:31 pm

When It Rains...
Things continue to go badly for the agents, but smashingly for the AEGIS propaganda machine as Brute, Delilah and especially Randy mow through the blockade. Brute manages to knock one agent backward the length of a football field sending him crashing into the gate of the marine terminal with an unceremonious thud. Delilah gives one more than he bargained for with a good swift kick. Randy, however, puts fear into - beyond the fear experienced from the spiders crawling all over their bodies. Fear of death. Like a gruesome spectre the man with the axe cuts down two agents, spilling their guts onto the cracked roadway. By the time Walker appears to scare them off, they are more than ready to run. Breaking contact in the most unorderly fashion they head south toward the overgrown park, with hope of finding cover in the trees.

On the roof Mister Raith punches one agent, killing him instantly. The others are trapped on the giant rooftop with their helicopter to rescue them. Afraid they make a defensive stance but try to hold back Raith rather than tangling with him.

Behind the fight scene Marduk struggles to pull the group of vagrants to safety...unfortunately his webbing snaps! The entangled humans cannot even run away from the building about to collapse on their heads - which looks like it could happen any second! The falling building teerters and totters leaning heavily to the west. Marduk’s engineering skills tell him that the building will fall and hit the next one, that will hit the next one, and the next one in a cascading wave of destruction.

With only a few seconds until the building finally topples, the entangled civilians look to be done for. Even the agents trapped on the rooftop are now potential victims as they are in the line of falling buildings with nowhere to run. Looking back, Gothm, Randy, Delilah, and Walker see that getting to the civilians will take some time, the entire way is block with helicopter wreckage, barriers, and debris from the falling building.

To top it all off, each hero feels a single raindrop plop on their heads. There is a storming coming. It seems to old adage is true - when it rains, it pours.
SITREP
Image

Complications
  • Impending Doom Clock 1 (Original Building Falling): 1 rounds
  • Impending Doom Clock 2 (Surrounding Buildings falling like dominoes): 3 rounds
  • Tragedy Strikes: The vagrants are caught up in Marduk’s webbing and can’t run from the falling building which will hit them next round
  • Traffic Jam: Debris from the crash helicopters, falling buildings, and various wreckages have made getting around hard. The whole area is now difficult terrain.
  • Storm Clock (next round it will start raining adding -2 to all vision and movement checks): 1 rounds...on the plus side it will slow down agency reinforcements for a few rounds...unless Gothm ends it early...removing penalties but allowing the area to flood with agents.
Relative Positions
  • Randy, Delilah, and Brute are in the middle of the retreat agents. 2 rounds of movement away from the trapped vagrants
  • Walker and Mitchell are in the air where indicated and can get to the vagrants in one round if they fly
  • Gothm is in between the two sets of agents...2 rounds of movement from the bystanders (1 if he burrows under the difficult ground)
  • Marduk is within in easy distance of the vagrants
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Probe » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Marduk sees that things are worse than previously supposed, and he sees only one way to stop it. He evaporates the webs holding the people and runs into the building. He can not keep the building from falling...but possibly he can change the direction it falls. If he slams into the support pillars on the SOUTH side of the building so they collapse first, the building might fall that direction. His speed has a good chance of making it work...if he survives the impact may be a different question. He will run past each support pillar at full speed, shooting a web in front of him and pulling on each web as he passes ro try to pull out the supports on the south side and change the angle of the fall.
OOC Comments
I am unable to figure this correctly, but it may work. Trying to use the Macgyver edge to change the effect of the building falling. Spend a bennie as appropriate.
Engineering 1d8-2 = 1: 3 Wild Engineering 1d6-2 = 3: 5=3
Repair 1d8-2 = 5: 7 Wild Repair 1d6-2 = -1: 1=5
Strength 1d8-2 = 0: 2 Wild Strength 1d6-2 = 2: 4=2
Webcaster 1d12 = 11: 11 Wild Webcaster 1d6-2 = 0: 2=11
Last edited by Probe on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Hexx » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:06 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Notice 1d6 = 4: 4

Earthquake to open a deep trench, right under the side of the building that Marduk was targeting. It'll hit about 10" worth of the west wall of the collapsing building (assuming top of the map is the north). That leaves Marduk with about a 2" gap between himself and the corner. Should be enough to drop that bad boy a little more straight-down rather than tip-over.

And spending a bennie for the group effort to bring the building down safely.

Gothm sees that Marduk has the right idea.... I think I can help with that....

He moves quickly to the southwest corner of the building, and gestures with a hand, and the earth beneath the building, along the side where Marduk was trying to collapse the pillars, opens into a crevasse with a massive shudder.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Walker » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Seeing his effort to protect the civilians are being undone at every turn Walker starts mumbling to himself what would appears as incoherent words to any one listening. Flying adjacent to the building just near the top and gesturing with his fingers and his strange mumbling pick up tempo he finishes by waving his hands as he summons a giant swooping slide from the roof to the ground made of the force of his will. In a much louder and more forceful voice than normally expected from a 100 year old man he says. "Maxwell, if you could maintain a barrier between the buildings and try to direct the force up it could keep this from destroying everything in the neighborhood. I think between Marduck, Gothm and yourself the other buildings will be safe"
Spellcasting 15 to save people from the building, Benny tossed for the save on the innocents per GM in hangouts
No improvised spells this time
Using Matter Control to get the people off the roof, scooping them and sliding them to the ground away from the danger zone.
Spellcasting 1d12+4 = 13: 9 Adding 2 from Elan, makes total a 15
Wild 1d6+4 = 5: 1

I have a lot of Bennies and they reset soon so 13 is not good enough...
Spellcasting 1d12+6 = 13: 7
Wild 1d6+6 = 8: 2

I have a lot of Bennies and they reset soon so 13 is not good enough...
Spellcasting 1d12+6 = 8: 2
Wild 1d6+6 = 11: 5

Third Benny, saving the last one just in case I am able to post next week
Spellcasting 1d12+6 = 8: 2
Wild 1d6+6 = 12: 6 Ace Die 1d6+12 = 13: 1


Since the GM wants it, I will go ahead and toss that last Benny on the table. (Edit of my signature Tuesday)
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Currently Memorized: Phasing on Astral Form and Teleport.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Mr. Raith » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:13 am

notice 7 stealth 7
Notice: 1d8 = 7: 7
WILD dye: 1d6 = 1: 1

Stealth+2: 1d10+2 = 7: 5
WILD dye+2: 1d6 = 5: 5
GM wrote:On the roof Mister Raith punches one agent, killing him instantly. The others are trapped on the giant rooftop with their helicopter to rescue them. Afraid they make a defensive stance but try to hold back Raith rather than tangling with him.
taunt 5
Taunt: 1d8 = 5: 5
WILD dye: 1d6 = 5: 5
Raith raises his arms out to his sides with his palms in the air, dripping blood, as he stares down the AEGIS agents backing up close to the roof's edge. "Whats the matter? I thought you wanted to dance?" he shouts at them with a grotesquely quizzical grin on his face.

An instant later Raith is behind them, caught in the Blind Man's telekinetic field. "Consider their noses bloodied," he says to Maxwell the Blind Man with satisfaction. Raith then reaches over and uses a now spotless hand to pat Mitchell's shoulder. "Anyway, I believe you were offering me a ride somewhere?"
summary
Taunted the agents then ported back behind them into Max's tk field. Raith will let Max take him wherever he wants to go
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Delilah Carter » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:18 am

Delilah Notice 10 Raise
Notice 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Delilah Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Summer Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
***

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Marine Terminal

Delilah watched the Aegis agents scattering, withdrawing to the south. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and looked up as a drop of rain fell on her nose. The storm was rolling in.

Then she heard a rumble and turned to see the building crumpling, and the enmeshed vagrants from earlier. She gasped in horror, trying to see if she could get to them through the tangle of debris littering the area to save them in time. But it didn’t look likely.

Others of the former ARES agents seemed to have the problem handled, though. She could make out what they intended, getting the building to fall another direction. There was little she could do to help from here.

Delilah turned to Brute and Randy. “Get the gate open, Brute. Randy, keep an eye out for those Aegis agents in case they come back with reinforcements. I’m going to get my daughter.”

Delilah turned and saw Summer waving out from the hole in the street and give a thumbs up. She sighed and smiled that her daughter was okay. She picked her way through the debris, and Summer pulled herself up out of the hole to make her way toward her mother, eying the falling building.

***
Conditions
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:37 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+1 = 7: 6
Wild Die 1d6+1 = 5: 4

Action: Mitchell picks up Wraith and moves him to the ground 24” in the direction of the collapsing building so he can help with the homeless people that are tripped.

Extra telekinetic action 1: Move to the collapsing building and push it in the direction of Gothm’s Trench with a strength of 1d12+5. Spend Benny to assist in group task.

Extra telekinetic action 2: If any pieces of the building start to break off, push them back into place like the Dutch boy sticking his thumb in the dam.

Maintain concentration on the barrier and move it to protect the group from falling debris (-1 to all other actions)
Mitchell obliges Wraith and moves him down to where he can be of assistance.

”Roger Walker, I will do what I can to keep this building going in the direction it needs to go. Mr. Wraith, I believe Marduk may need your help. At the very least, make sure he gets out of this in one piece.”


Mitchell then throws all of his mental might into the side of the building assisting Marduk and Gothm. As pieces break off, he tries to hold them in place or toss them away. His smashed vehicle wall moves to block the smaller pieces of concrete and glass falling down amongst his companions and homeless innocents.

User avatar
Randy
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Randy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 am

Randy nods to Delilah's instructions. Knowing he also cannot do much to help versus a collapsing building he stands guard in case any Aegis agents decide they can take him.

"That's right boys! Run! If you so much as turn around I will put you down!" The threat was more or less idle, they would need to make considerably more effort than looking over their shoulders. He turned to smile at the others and their display of power as they tried to keep the building from destroying those around it. A little bit of Randy wished he could be so showy.
The One and Only Randy Reslyon
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 8 ;
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Monologuer, Big Mouth, and Stubborn

Combat Edges of Note
Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
Quick Draw: May draw weapon as a free action

Power Summary
Regeneration: Natural Healing roll of Vigor +4 Every Round
Immune to Poison and Disease.
Fearless (2): Immune to Fear tests.
Deadly: +1d6 to all melee attacks

Gear of Note
Greataxe: Str+d10+d6, 15 Weight, AP 1, Parry –1, 2 hands
Desert Eagle (.50), 15/30/60, 2d8, ROF 1, 8 Weight, 7 shots, AP 2, Semi-Auto
Bullets (.50), x100

Bennies: 3

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:59 am

Saving on a Rainy Day
As the storm intensifies, Marduk and Gothm make a herculean effort to reverse the direction of the falling building. Using strength and the power of the earth to try and make it topple away from nearby structures and the stranded bystanders. Nearby Walker and Mitchell lend support with their abilities - while Raith hangs onto Mitchell watching the spectacle with morbid fascination. As the building shifts, large chucks of debris fall down around the heroes, some of it narrowly missing the bystanders - who shriek in terror as they remain helplessly caught inside Marduk's webbing. The winds pick up creating a terrible counter force to the efforts of the team. Pushing on the bottom makes a weird battle with nature at the top, as momentum try to keep the top half falling as the heroes push against the bottom. Yet, due to sheer intensity of effort they manage to redirect the path of collapse just enough. It's no scene from a super hero comic as the building crashes into the street and dust and debris fly everywhere. The sound of the building hitting the street adds to the building crescendo of thunder from the rising storm while flashes of lightning give the scene a weird strobe light effect. Despite the dark weather and destructive scene, except for some minor scrapes and scratches, everyone is okay!

Near the gate of the marine terminal Randy, Delilah, and Brute shoo away the rest of the agents - who need little help vacating the scene as the weather turns ugly. Getting soaked in rain the three heroes turn their attention to the gate of the marine terminal. With little effort, Brute "opens" the gate - if by open one means tears it from its hinges and tosses it aside. No alarms sound but the PA system barks to life with a strange message.

"Welcome. Please come in out of the storm."

One cue, lights go on in one of the terminal buildings. And street lights turn on to illuminate a single path to the terminal building.
OOC Comments
The terminal building is a large dockside warehouse. It's the only building with lights on and there are no signs of people or life anywhere.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Probe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Probe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:59 am

The webbing, which started dissolving when Marduk dismissed it, fell back to dust while he was in the building, letting the people flee. Fortunately, by that time they could see where the building was falling and fled out of the path of destruction not into it.

Marduk was buried in the rubble, though his armor was able to handle the damage and keep him able to breathe until the other dug him out.

Marduk thanks them, "I am uncertain if I could have gotten myself out before the government forces return, being captured by them would have been awkward."

He follows the other into the terminal, checking his suit for damage as he goes. He would have liked to try to get some spare parts from that knockoff armor, but it seems that is not meant to be.
In Effect:
Wounds: 0
Bennies: 3

Heightened Senses: +2 Perception, Night Vision
Uncanny Reflexes

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Hexx » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:58 am

The storm's arrival causes Gothm to look up and smile. The water washes the spiders off of the agents, and the agents off of the ARES heroes--there is balance in that.

Gothm assists in Marduk's retrieval by burrowing through to find him; while he cannot carry the armored man out, he is at least able to pinpoint him for the others to save time.

And then, finally, yes--into the terminal building. 'Terminal', in English--final, fatal. Well, let us hope not.

As they step inside, he comments to the others. "I will allow the storm to run its course--that should buy us some time, and if they opt to bring in heavier armaments, I will be more capable of direct engagement if necessary. Hopefully our new host will not be long in explaining themselves."

He looks around the building in amiable curiosity, as he pulls out an onion from his pocket, and bites into it.
Notice 5
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Delilah Carter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:28 am

Delilah Notice 7 Success
Notice 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Delilah Common Knowledge 11 Raise
Smarts 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Summer Notice 23 3 Raises
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5
Summer Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
***

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Marine Terminal

Delilah retrieved Summer, lifting her easily over the rubble as the rain started to pour down, once again soaking the shirts of the two attractive women, their clothes and hair clinging to them as they ducked inside the terminal. What she wouldn’t give for her old uniform. As form-fitting as it was, at least it was waterproof.

Delilah shot Randy a glare for a moment as she pushed her dark hair back and looked around, alert for danger.

“Stay close,” she told Summer. “Someone obviously knows we’re here.”

***
Conditions
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Walker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:09 pm

Concentrating on his wards Walker reinforces his defenses and looks around cautiously. "This must be the abode of the man who led us into the ambush. I suggest everyone remain vigilant as I am sure he will make excuses to justify his effort to lead us here."
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 1: 1
Notice Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Currently Memorized: Phasing on Astral Form and Teleport.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1

User avatar
Mitchell Maxwell
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Mitchell Maxwell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 9: 7
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8: 6 + 1d6 = 3: 3
Total: 11

Free action: End Damage Field
Mitchell does what he can to help Marduk out of the rubble, once he is free he will glide along and clear a path, tossing debris out of the way for those on foot, letting Raith down to walk on his own. He lifts a piece of concrete that is relatively flat to try to provide some cover from the rain, but the scattered heroes make it difficult to keep everyone from getting soaked to the bone. Upon arrival to the terminal entrance, he does his best to put the gate back on the hinges, but makes sure that it can be ‘removed’ with minimal effort should the heroes decide to make a hasty exit back the way we came.

“Not sure what we are getting ourselves into but as it seems this is the way forward for now. I agree that we should remain vigilant and keep an eye on quick exits if need be. There isn’t much Brute or I can’t break through, but whoever is leading us down here probably knows that. ”

User avatar
Randy
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Randy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:42 am

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 2: 2
Total: 8
Resting the axe on his shoulder Randy smiles. "What's the matter D? You act like I was going to make some comment about you ladies always getting all wet. I mean I think its a good look." Randy strides into the building eager to see what happens next. Once inside he makes a cone with his hands and shouts "Lucy I'm home!"
The One and Only Randy Reslyon
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 10; Toughness: 8 ;
Skills: Fighting d12+4, Shooting d12+4, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Lockpicking d6, Driving d4, Streetwise d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Monologuer, Big Mouth, and Stubborn

Combat Edges of Note
Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
Quick Draw: May draw weapon as a free action

Power Summary
Regeneration: Natural Healing roll of Vigor +4 Every Round
Immune to Poison and Disease.
Fearless (2): Immune to Fear tests.
Deadly: +1d6 to all melee attacks

Gear of Note
Greataxe: Str+d10+d6, 15 Weight, AP 1, Parry –1, 2 hands
Desert Eagle (.50), 15/30/60, 2d8, ROF 1, 8 Weight, 7 shots, AP 2, Semi-Auto
Bullets (.50), x100

Bennies: 3

User avatar
Walker
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Walker » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:32 am

Looking at the young rebel Walker says. "Please, not all of us are immortal there is no reason to endanger the girls or the rest of us with inane behavior. While you will heal, young Summer will not be given the chance.
"Let's try at being a tiny bit less overt."

Then mumbling to himself he adds. "I miss the days when I had so much of the energy and confidence of youth, lucky man will be able to maintain for eternity."
Walker
Walker: Full Character
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Cha: +0; Pace: 5; Parry: 2; Toughness: 12 (6)
Skills: Healing d4, Knowledge (Arcane) d10, Knowledge (Science) d6, Knowledge (the Aegis Authority) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Spellcasting d12+4, and Streetwise d6.
Combat Edges: Danger Sense, Elan & Improved Level Headed
Powers of Note: Astral Constructs, Bracers of Deflection, Levitation, Teleport and Astral Form (affected by magic)

Currently Memorized: Phasing on Astral Form and Teleport.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Delilah Carter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:33 am

Delilah Notice 9 Raise Agents
Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Delilah Common Knowledge 1 Critical Fail
Smarts 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Summer Common Knowledge 10 Raise
Smarts 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
***

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Marine Terminal

Delilah glared at Randy. “I am going to shoot him in the head again,” she muttered.

Summer put a hand on Walker’s arm. “Don’t worry about me,” she said. “Mom and dad have trained me to defend myself. I might not have powers, but I’m not helpless.” She looked back toward the door. “Should I go retrieve one of those Aegis weapons, Mom?” she asked.

“That will just make you a target, Summer,” Delilah said.

“It means I could help better,” Summer said stubbornly. “Maybe I could get some of their body armor too.”

Delilah paused. Body armor might not be a bad idea.

***
Conditions
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

User avatar
Hexx
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Hexx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 am

Gothm looks over at Delilah. "I fear your daughter is a target simply by being with us. Armor would definitely be advisable. And yes, she should be armed." He looks to Summer. "See if they have combat knives or batons--either is possible armament. And IF your mother has trained you how to shoot, then grab a gun as well." He looks back to Delilah. "I understand your concerns, but if you want her to be 'safe', send her to live with her father. If you want her to be with you, do not force her to be a sheep among wolves."

He tilts his head at that. "That does give me an idea." He tilts back his head and howls... and a moment later, a pair of very large wolves--easily taller than Summer's waist--come up to either side of Summer. "Protect her. If someone moves to attack her, take them down." He looks at the rest of the group. "I advise not rushing directly at Miss Summer or saying something that causes her to slap you--the wolves might take that as a sign that you are a threat."

The two beasts fall into step to either side of Summer as the young woman decides whether or not to loot the bodies for gear.
OOC Comments
Two Dire Wolves (ie, the prehistoric model)--at Size 0, they use up a total of two of Gothm's 5 'slots' for Animal Control. No roll needed.

Dire Wolf
Dire wolves are very large and feral wolves
often used by orcs as attack dogs. They
may also be found roaming in packs in the
deepest, darkest woods.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d6,
Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Intimidation d8, Notice d6
Pace: 10; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
Special Abilities
• Bite: Str+d6.
• Go for the Throat: Wolves instinctively go for an
opponent’s soft spots. With a raise on its attack roll, it
hits the target’s most weakly armored location.
• Fleet-Footed: Dire wolves roll d10s instead of d6s when
running.
Katarina "Kat" Wilhelm, aka Hexx
Rising Star
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: Toughness: 5
Skills: Athletics d4 (Throwing d10); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 nefarious activities)
Notice d6; Persuasion d4 (-1, or +1 when Networking streets); Stealth d4; Taunt d6 (d12+2)
Academics d6; Intimidate d4 (+2 when Networking streets); Gambling d6; Thievery d6
Perform d4
Hindrances: Overconfident (Major); Suspicious (Major): Others Support her at -2; Mean (Minor): -1 Persuasion; Vengeful (Minor): Get payback, always; violence usually not required
Edges: SPC SuperPowers; Streetwise: +2 Intimidation/Persuasion Networking with shady characters, Common Know rolls for criminal activities
Humiliate: Free Reroll on Taunt Tests
Strong-Willed: +2 on Smarts/Spirit Opposed Resistance Rolls
Bennies: 3/3
Powers:
Jinx: Foes Mishap on 1 or 2
Negation: RTA, Roll Opposed Spirit, Succ/Raise = -1 DT targeted Trait
Malfunction: 12", Spirit (0/-2/-4/-6)
Gifted: Never Unskilled
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 to be hit, Agility to evade AoE
Danger Sense: Notice to start combat on Hold when ambushed
Fearless
Super-Skills: Taunt, Athletics/Throwing

User avatar
Delilah Carter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Delilah Carter » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:39 am

Delilah Notice #
Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Delilah Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Summer Notice 4 Success
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Summer Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
***

Late Evening
Reclamation Zone/Marine Terminal

“Thank you, Gothm,” Delilah said. “We weren’t supposed to be in this situation. We were lying low.” She dropped her voice. “I wasn’t sure what her father would do to her to find me,” she admitted. “She helped me escape him.”

Delilah looked back to Summer. “See what you can find,” she told her daughter. “But be quick, and keep alert.” Just in case, she handed Summer the Glock she carried. “You know how to use it.”

Summer nodded. Both of her parents felt it necessary she learn to defend herself. Her mother especially, once they were on the run. She did a quick safety check of the Glock, as she was trained, and slid it into her waistband, next to the stun gun in her pocket.

“Be right back,” Summer promised.

The teen dashed out into the storm again to the nearest downed Aegis agents to search for what she could use. She grinned at her two new lupine companions, giving each a hug around their large, scruffy necks.

“Fangnir and Ragnir,” she named them, indicating each one.


***
Conditions
*Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
*Super Strength: +2 die type Strength (d10)
Character Tracker
Delilah Carter Character Sheet
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6, negates 4 ballistic AP)
Super Strength: +2 die types Strength= d10
Uncanny Reflexes: -2 on incoming attacks
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 points of Wound modifiers
Level Headed: Best of two initiative cards
Blinding Reflexes: Can make an Agility roll to move out of AoE effects
Regeneration: Roll natural healing every round, halve time recovering from Fatigue, all injuries are temporary
Gifted: Ignore -2 penalty when making unskilled rolls
Eagle Eyes: Halve range penalties
Infra/Low-Light Vision: Ignore illumination penalties
Pulse Blaster Rifle: 22 shots
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

User avatar
Mr. Raith
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Mr. Raith » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:32 am

notice 8 stealth 11
Notice: 1d8 = 6: 6
WILD dye: 1d6 = 6: 6
-ACE: 1d6 = 2: 2

Stealth+2: 1d10+2 = 10: 8
WILD dye+2: 1d6+2 = 8: 6
-ACE: 1d6 = 3: 3
Old Man wrote:"Please, not all of us are immortal ..."
"Speak for yourself," Raith says with a sneer.

As they move in the direction of the lighted 'path' provided by the street lights Mr. Raith sticks to lurking on the edge of the pools of light, fully expecting another ambush. He blinks from one inky pool of shadows to the next, senses primed for more combat.
Last edited by Mr. Raith on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Raith
Mr. Raith
Dead Soul
Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Charisma: -2 (another -2 CHA in close contact re: undead); Pace: 6(d6 running), 12 teleport; Parry: 9 ; Toughness: 18(6) Armor also negates 4AP from ballistic attacks
(Spectral Strike melee attack: d8+3d6+4, 6AP, HW, Mult. Attacks :: Shattersoul melee attack (1/round): weapon(optional, +1d6+4 dmg if unarmed)+d8+2d6, Focus, +1Reach)
===>Ruthless, Arrogant, Mean, All Thumbs
===>Fighting d12 +3, Stealth d10 (+2 w/stealth suit), Notice d8 +2, Taunt d8
===>Immune to Fear, called shots, poison, disease and 1 wound level, +2 to recover from being Shaken, doesn’t breathe
===>Danger Sense: gets a Notice roll at –2 just before a sneak attack or event occurs
===>Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
===>Deflection: -2 for enemies to hit w/ ranged
===>Two Fisted: Attack with each hand, no MAP
===>Awareness: Ignores any and all obscurement penalties like darkness, fog, invisibility, etc
===>Always considered armed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Steel
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: Adventure 1: The Call

Post by Steel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:57 am

Notice 9
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Brute calms down as the agents flee and the rain starts to fall. After removing the obstacle of the gates at Delilah's request Brute follows the rest has they accept the strange invitation into the lit warehouse. Brute feels no threat coming from the building so he is content to follow along with the others to keep and eye on Dee and Summer. Brute also keeps an eye on Randy and the strange man Raith. Their tendency to indiscriminate slaughter troubles the big man in ways he does not fully understand.

His eyes light up, however, as he notices the wolves that Gothm has tasked with protecting Summer. "Doggies!" he exclaims with a grin.
Steel
Bennies 3 of 3

Player: James
Steel

Agility d10 | Smarts d8 | Spirit d6 | Strength d12+2 | Vigor d12 |Pace: 10 | Parry: 7 | Toughness: 24(9) | Strain: 5 | Size: 2

Frequently used skills
Notice d6 (+2 for sight/sound)
Shooting d8+2 (negates 2 points of penalties)
Fighting d8+2
Intimidation d6

Hindrances
Heroic - Always a sucker for a sob story from someone in need.
Loyal - Win, Lose or Draw we finish this thing together.
Stubborn - Nobody changes my mind but me and sometimes not even then.


Post Reply

Return to “Archive”