Welcome to Fort Wheaton

Not Will, the town.
Sal

Re: Welcome to Fort Wheaton

Post by Sal »

Salvatore Squeaks had found himself in Wheaton quite possibility due to his love of cheddar. Acquiring as much cheese was one of his life’s primary goals and helping folks out seemed to be one of the easiest ways to get paid. It did not always happen and that was fine. Life usually had a way of dumping a stinky tasty treat into his rat mouth as long as he was lending a helping clawed hand. So imagine his delight that some real life heroes landed in front of him and one even had the consideration to land her Power Armor right on top of him! What luck indeed.

Sal squeaked out in proper English that had been trained into him at a secret Coalition complex, ” Why, I do declare you have a mighty big foot there. Would you mind possibly if it warranted your further consideration removing it slightly...” He paused trying to suck in enough air against the wonderful feeling of being crushed by such a magnanimous foot. He whispered finishing, ” I am afraid the weight though glorious... Is... To much to bear...”

As a note Sal wore a patched slapdash and technowizard’d field mechanic suit of armor resembling something being held together with copper wiring and lots of prayer. Then rolled in a smattering of technowizard crystals. He had a dirty cloak that hid well with the shadows and a set of ruby band sun shades on top of his decidedly rat faced head.
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.
Kaja Earthblooded
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Kaja Earthblooded »

Notice 2, Streetwise 2
Notice: [dice:2qp1d1j3]53595:0[/dice:2qp1d1j3], [dice:2qp1d1j3]53595:1[/dice:2qp1d1j3]
Streetwise [dice:2qp1d1j3]53595:2[/dice:2qp1d1j3], [dice:2qp1d1j3]53595:3[/dice:2qp1d1j3] - to find out what he can.
"Oww, that didn't feel like it went well." Their abrupt and unceremonious arrival in Wheaton is a sure sign something went wrong. "Damn, I hope they got clear of those Xiticix."
pink skinned girl and Chaza, the blue skinned girl wrote:Each of you comes too laying in the arrival yard with a couple of young looking pink and blue skinned women trying to examine you. "Are you alright? You phased in, but there was a high pitched screaming, or squeaking sound and you looked like you were really messed up."
Suddenly the pink skinned girls face begins turning white. "Chaza, do you know who these are? These are those 99 people all over the news."
The blue skinned girl starts looking over your faces and pulls out her data pad. Pulling up some images of each of you from various security cameras around the city she looks amazed. "How did you get here? Where have you been, the kids, the juicer, they all said you were sucked into hell?"
L.C. blinks as he clears his head and rises. A glance at the tablet tells him volumes of what they actually achieved. "How long have we been gone? Umm, as for where we went, it wasn't some place I'm eager to return. We got out, we saved all we could, and that is what matters. I'm glad things have worked out. Have you seen our teammates?"

He looks over at Maggie. "Hey Mags, you're on a mutant rat....techno-wizard? That's strange. I didn't even know they could use magic. Cool." Some others might think he's a ratling from the Palladium World, but to L.C.'s C.S. educated mind, it's obvious he's a mutant rat.
Kaja the Earthblooded of House Ragan
Kaja Stonesinger Dwarf, Dilettante and Earthcaller Bard; Kaja's Journal
Parry: 6, Toughness: 7 (2)
Benny/Conviction/Wound/Fatigue/PP Tracking
Ludwig, Guard Boar
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Sal wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm
Sal squeaked out in proper English that had been trained into him at a secret Coalition complex, ” Why, I do declare you have a mighty big foot there. Would you mind possibly if it warranted your further consideration removing it slightly...” He paused trying to suck in enough air against the wonderful feeling of being crushed by such a magnanimous foot. He whispered finishing, ” I am afraid the weight though glorious... Is... To much to bear...”
L.C. wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:58 pm
He looks over at Maggie. "Hey Mags, you're on a mutant rat....techno-wizard? That's strange. I didn't even know they could use magic. Cool." Some others might think he's a ratling from the Palladium World, but to L.C.'s C.S. educated mind, it's obvious he's a mutant rat.

”Whoa! Sorry! Sorry!” Maggie moves off of the rodent wizard with an undignified hop that is, truth be told, kind of amusing to watch in a Glitter Boy. ”Are you okay?”

Zooming in on the tablet she lets out a low whistle. ”Looks like you guys are famous.”
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 Parry: 7; Toughness: 16(7)
Edges/Notes: Champion, Danger Sense, Field Intel, Martial Artist
Character Sheet: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=66499#p66499
Resource Tracker: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=71222#p71222

Steven
Pace: 12, 2d6 running, 85 mph when jackrabbit running; Parry: 7; Toughness: 19(7) MDC; Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Notes: Nimble, Quick, Weakness (Electricity)
Character Sheet: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=71222#p71222
Sal

Post by Sal »

Sal’s nose twitches slightly now that he could breathe. I don’t smell cheese on them... But one of them seems familiar. He eyes L.C. a bit more carefully than the others.
Sal’s first day
Mrrghhh... Whheermmm... Sal had been in a vat for sometime as the CS bio engineers had spliced diced and poured over his DNA. One of them had even cried, ”Excelsior!” When they had finished growing him. Today was his first day off life support.

A tall gentleman with no apparent CS markings, only a single lone star at the breast pocket of the black uniform, was in a room alone with Sal whom was tied to a chair. The man had a cattle prod in one hand. As Sal would learn an effective tool in shaping the hearts and minds of the Lonestar creations. He looked down at Sal struggling to speak for the first time.

The man grinned wide with a bright cheery smile, ” Well now. Try, Where am I...”

Sal had almost no idea what the man had asked him and struggled against the bindings that kept him strapped to the chair he was in. ”Whmmphh... Whmmpp— Argghh!“ A cattle prod to the side was what he had received for trying.

The man grinned loving the sheer agony he was putting this life form thru, ” My name is Wolfe, Major Wolfe. Try again please. Wh-ere, AM, I.”

Outside the small nondescript room at the lower end of the secret complex the sound of the cattle prod went off over and over and over...
He adjusts his poorly made TW’d suit of mechanics armor makes a long sweeping bow. Which might look funny because he probably barely made it to the knee of the PA. His voice betrayed the perfect english drilled into him by his former masters, ”It was my fault oh brave and valliant hero for having the gall to be underfoot at the time of your arrival. If it pleases you I would love very much so to meet your aquantiance. My name is Salvatore Squeaks, but in a crunch Sal will do.” He pauses twitching his nose wondering how much cheddar cheese he might be able to find with this group instead of working for the local cheese monger. Probably a bit more, and besides they might help people in need who have lots of cheese!

After a quick internal struggle which consisted of a bit a twitch of the nose he was firmly decided to see if he could help the adventuring group. He made a direct plea to the entire group but especially @Maggie and L.C. ” I am as you may have fathomed a techno wizard of limited ability. If you were in need of any services I can see if my meager abilities might be of use.”
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Leethe steps out from behind the others, a young looking girl with odd colored silver hair. She is wearing fancy looking sunglasses. "Greetings Sal, I am Leethe."
Status Tracker
Leethe

Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 12(5)
Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2
ISP: 38 / 40 ; Energy: 10/15 Item Energy: 20/20
Bennies: 1 / 3
Golden Bennies: 0
Log
Q4 2019
  • 10/1: Benny spent for reroll of Psionic skill
  • Benny reset
  • 11/26: Benny for Soak and Benny for Reroll
Edit Signature
Sal

Post by Sal »

Leethe wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:40 pm Leethe steps out from behind the others, a young looking girl with odd colored silver hair. She is wearing fancy looking sunglasses. "Greetings Sal, I am Leethe."
Sal’s eyes went wide seeing Leethe. Remember Sal, no longer in the CS... Remember. He even took a reflexive step back brefore remembering his manners, ”Ah... Pleasure to meet you Leethe. If you don’t mind me saying, and its ok if you do. Your hair and sun glasses don’t seem from around here. Not that I am particularly curious or anything and I of course can mind my business...” His voice trailed off as he realized he was staring and possibly alienating himself from some real heroes. He sighed muttering beneath his breath wishfully thinking, ”I need some cheddar.”
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Fritz Schumacher stepped out from a local shop holding a half pound of white cheddar cheese. Having missed the the 99th's arrival he was a bit taken back and turns to look at his surroundings. "Hey @Sal when did these guys show up?"

Walking up to the team, he looks closely at Sal, "You look like something large and heavy sat on you." Looking up and into the sun, Fritz realizes there is a Glitter Boy suit standing there all glistening and pretty.

"One minute you are hunting for cheese and the next its raining power armors and combat teams."

Kneeling down by Sal but away from @Leethe, Fritz hands Sal the block of cheese and actually produces a sizeable platter for it to rest on. While Sal eats, Fritz tries to straighten out the wrinkles in Sal's clothes.
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3
Sal

Post by Sal »

Fritz wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:53 pm Fritz Schumacher stepped out from a local shop holding a half pound of white cheddar cheese. Having missed the the 99th's arrival he was a bit taken back and turns to look at his surroundings. "Hey @Sal when did these guys show up?"

Walking up to the team, he looks closely at Sal, "You look like something large and heavy sat on you." Looking up and into the sun, Fritz realizes there is a Glitter Boy suit standing there all glistening and pretty.

"One minute you are hunting for cheese and the next its raining power armors and combat teams."

Kneeling down by Sal but away from @Leethe, Fritz hands Sal the block of cheese and actually produces a sizeable platter for it to rest on. While Sal eats, Fritz tries to straighten out the wrinkles in Sal's clothes.
Fritz not now... The heroes are watching. Sal scrunched his eyes while Fritz was fussing with him. Maybe it was because Fritz had a hand in making Sal or that the two escaped Lonestar together, but Fritz always seemed to be on hand with cheese and a bit of TLC. A bit of drool slipped out as the cheese scent hit his nose. Resigned to what amounted to barbaric grooming Sal munched on the offered cheddar and said with proper diction while eating around a big hunk, ” Fritz as I live and breathe thank you kindly good sir for the cheese. Mmmm... So tastly. The heroes arrived in a most spectacular fashion. A rift one second and all the heroes the next. It was amazing. The big Glitterboy was even so kind to let me break its fall.”
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

"Heroes? I must have missed something."

"I am sure @Sal will tell me about your heroics. Are they anything like those colored paper leaflets, you told me Mallory brought for you to learn to read. What were those names again?"

While still primping and straightening Sal's outfit, another right hand extends to anyone willing to shake it. "I am Doctor Fritz Schumacher. Formerly of the CS and recently self liberated with the help of Sal, here."

Another hand shoots out, this one his left with a thin piece of plastic that states Fritz's credentials as a medical doctor, a cyberneticists, and so forth. There are so many letters after his name that anyone could confuse the abbreviations for another language.

Turning his head finally to look at assembled heroes. There is a subtle red glint in his eyes and he says, "What are you heroes of?"
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Miles RAD Radoslav

Post by Miles RAD Radoslav »

Sir William turns first to Sal. "My apologies, good sir, for the manner of our arrival." Turning to Fritz, he adds, "We serve the Tomorrow Legion of Castle Refuge. 99th SET. My name is Sir William of the Cyber Knights."
Rad
Character Name: Miles "RAD" Radoslav
Parry:8/7, Toughness: 13/5
ISP:
10 /10
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 3
Sal

Post by Sal »

Sir William Mahan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:14 am Sir William turns first to Sal. "My apologies, good sir, for the manner of our arrival." Turning to Fritz, he adds, "We serve the Tomorrow Legion of Castle Refuge. 99th SET. My name is Sir William of the Cyber Knights."
Sal did his best letting Fritz pamper him like an old maid and finish off the hunk of cheddar cheese while watching the fantastic cyber knight speak to him. It was not easy to complete all three tasks at the same time but somehow he managed. Sal twitched his wiskard face and nodded to the knight, ” Sir William of the cyber knights, it is a special honor to make your acquaintance. Salvatore Squeaks at your service, and no apology necessary. I was only too happy to be squished.” Sal seems to take the cybernight in with a certain sense of ease having heard of cybernights and their general propensity for good and good works.

One of the blue glowing grenades on the bandolier fixed over Sal’s armor dropped admist all the fussing Fritz provided. Sal’s eyes went wide for a moment but he breathed a sigh of relief when nothing happened. He muttered picking it up, ” Would not be the first time one of these babies went off accidentally.” He scratched his chin with a mechanical cyber arm, ” Don’t want to loose another arm.”

As if forgetting that little thing happened he looked back up at the knight, ”I don’t suppose Sir William of the cyber knights, you might be heading somewhere full of people in need? Perhaps, Demons need slaying, vampires need staking, or a cheese monger needs pilfering of some sort?” Sal’s excited eyes betrayed his hope for the third option.
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Leethe nods her head at Fritz, "as I had told Sal, I go by the name Leethe. member of the 99th. Formerly of the...." She looks at the others for a second. "Guess I'm not really formerly of anyone. except maybe myself." She laughs at that then stops herself, "ahem, was caught in the moment."
Status Tracker
Leethe

Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Miles RAD Radoslav

”I don’t suppose Sir William of the cyber knights, you might be heading somewhere full of people in need? Perhaps, Demons need slaying, vampires need staking, or a cheese monger needs pilfering of some sort?” Sal’s excited eyes betrayed his hope for the third option.
"Indeed, Sir Sal, we have need of extra hands... er, paws. And my understanding is that the goat cheese from farms near the castle is some of the best in North America."
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Fritz, done fussing with Sal's armor, collects the platter, and stands up. The cyborg's extra arms disappear beneath his armor. Not your typical cyborg, Fritz Schumacher looks like any large human male doctor. His cybernetics are not noticeable to any degree.

" @Sal and I, have only been in Wheaton a short time. We are certainly looking at keeping ourselves busy."

Whispering to Sal, "You certain that there are no tracers on us. It would be just like the CS to try and 'reclaim' us."

"It is an honor to meet all of you." @Maggie @Leethe @Sir William Mahan @L.C.
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Sal wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:59 pm Sal did his best letting Fritz pamper him like an old maid and finish off the hunk of cheddar cheese while watching the fantastic cyber knight speak to him. It was not easy to complete all three tasks at the same time but somehow he managed. Sal twitched his wiskard face and nodded to the knight, ” Sir William of the cyber knights, it is a special honor to make your acquaintance. Salvatore Squeaks at your service, and no apology necessary. I was only too happy to be squished.” Sal seems to take the cybernight in with a certain sense of ease having heard of cybernights and their general propensity for good and good works.
Maggie sighs and mutters (forgetting her speakers are on), "I didn't mean to squish the rat. It's not like we knew we were going to be collapsing out of the rift right here."

Then, realizing she was still broadcasting, she says, "I mean, that is, yes, I imagine we'd be happy to have the services of a Techno-Wizard and a doc along. Right, Sergeant?" She puts an awkward little emphasis on that last word, as if still getting used to it.
@Fritz
@L.C.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie

Steven
Pace: 12, 2d6 running, 85 mph when jackrabbit running; Parry: 7; Toughness: 19(7) MDC; Strain: 0; Size: +1
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Leethe looks around at the town. "God, it feels like forever." She looks at @L.C. "What were we doing before that... distraction? Going to meet with some big shot here? Perhaps we should check in with that guy, now."
Status Tracker
Leethe

Log
Q4 2019
  • Benny reset
Edit Signature
Sal

Post by Sal »

Tracers
Sal was strapped to a chair in a room with a single overhead light. The floor was concrete, it had a drain in the center that had a faint ring of red around it.A silver rolling cart holding a shiny chrome tray was next to the rattling. The tray held a numatic syringe cape of injecting something into the skin.

Sal was just wearing shorts. His hairy chest was burned with scars from pervious attempts at resisting the chair.
Yeah he and the chair were well aquatinted by now so much so he no longer resisted being strapped to it. Resisting was too painful.

The door opened up. Two men entered. Saul recognized the face of major Wolfe as one but the other was unknown garbbed as if a medical surgeon complete with mask.

Major Wolfe nodded looking at a folder. Ofhandedly like he was discussing the weather he said, ” Seems your language skills are coming along.” Sal twitched nervously but did not answer. He knew to wait all too well. The major raised an eye and chuckled, ” Show me what you can do. You may speak.”

Saul twitched again avoiding eye contact. He spoke in a perfect diction with a decidedly Chi-town accent, ” I speak only if it so pleases you.”

Major Wolfe clapped his folder in feigned applause. He nodded to the medical attendee. The major continued with a. Small measure of excitement in his voice, ”R113 it looks like you are coming along quite nice. I suspect your talents will be needed in the coming war. The doctor here will be making sure you perform well or die. The doctor grabbed Sal’s forearm and used the syringe to inject something into him. The major continued loving every moment of Sal’s discomfort, ” A bio implant. Capable of tracking your vitals and movement down to 2 meters. Also serves as a deadly neuro toxin if you flee while in the field.”

It was a quick injection and then the two left him still strapped to the chair. But he was not left alone for long. A big burley CS grunt with a square jaw and shoulda came in to beat on him. Sal tried not to scream but he did anyways, he always screamed eventually.
Sal looked at his cybernetic arm that had replaced his normal arm. Then whispered back to @Fritz ” No... No tracers on me I took care of it when I chopped my arm off.”

To everyone else he smiled and twitched his small rat tail happily, ” It was simply put My pleasure to as much as I could help ease the power armor through the rift. It was too my happy surprise my own fault that I got caught under foot. My sincerest apologies for any damages incurred. If you are looking for someone you must let me help to pay off the debt owed.” He paused getting a head of himself and twitched his whiskers, ” Who, by description or name might you be looking for?”
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Sal wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:10 pm Sal looked at his cybernetic arm that had replaced his normal arm. Then whispered back to @Fritz ” No... No tracers on me I took care of it when I chopped my arm off.”
Fritz grumbled. While he admired the work he had done on @Sal, it still was a painful reminder that he had also cut the little guys arm of because of the Coalition's tracers they placed in all the special projects. Sal's arm was the smallest piece of work he had done to date. Hopefully the new arm was not bothering him too much.

Fritz absent-mindingly scratched at his shoulder under his armor, forgetting that part of his body had been cybernetically replaced.
Sal wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:10 pm To everyone else he smiled and twitched his small rat tail happily, ” It was simply put My pleasure to as much as I could help ease the power armor through the rift. It was too my happy surprise my own fault that I got caught under foot. My sincerest apologies for any damages incurred. If you are looking for someone you must let me help to pay off the debt owed.” He paused getting a head of himself and twitched his whiskers, ” Who, by description or name might you be looking for?”
"Excellent idea, Sal. We have been here for a couple of weeks, maybe we can help you locate this person or persons of interest."
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Kaja Earthblooded
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

L.C. nods and takes the card, having a fair estimate of what it meant - he'd seen the like among the RCSG types he'd had to work with - egghead. "Formerly of the C.S.? Why'd you leave, if you don't mind me asking?"

However he answers, L.C. nods. "I left myself, so I get it. Formerly with 312th Commandos, Psi-Kappa Company. Left after a small disagreement regarding war crimes on civilian populations involving small amounts of thermo-nuclear ordinance." The sarcasm is slathered on with a spatula, but he continues. "Now I'm with the Tomorrow Legion, and we're making a difference. The 'hero' bit was us doing what it took to root out a collection of demons and scumbags that had taken up residence at the local orphanage. I'm just glad anyone got out of that hellhole. And that's not a colloquialism, it became a pit straight to one of the hell dimensions. We just got back."
Maggie wrote:Then, realizing she was still broadcasting, she says, "I mean, that is, yes, I imagine we'd be happy to have the services of a Techno-Wizard and a doc along. Right, Sergeant?" She puts an awkward little emphasis on that last word, as if still getting used to it.
"I'm sure we could. We'll deal with formalities in a bit, but if you're willing, We'll take the help of some volunteers. Demons to kill and banish, and death cultists to stop."
Leethe wrote:Leethe looks around at the town. "God, it feels like forever." She looks at L.C. "What were we doing before that... distraction? Going to meet with some big shot here? Perhaps we should check in with that guy, now."
"Julian? Yeah. We were headed to talk to him about the vision that new mystic, Reuben, had before everything went to hell, literally." The vision comes to mind suddenly, as does Hardin and all those who were lost trying to get back from dealing with the orphanage.
The Vision
Suddenly you mind is filled with pictures, a series of images each difficult to understand and describe. You can feel the images are somehow clouded as if the mystic is using his energy to protect your mind from the price he pays. Their meaning clarion to you.
Two great armies battling on an field to large to view. One army an army lead by dragons and angels, but populated by many things, the other lead by a man you can only identify as hatred and greed populated by the bones of the dead hearts. But as you look on the vision there is a strange and subtle shadow that moves over it almost unseen, as if a small cloud moved across the sun. Filaments of shadow barely perceptible control the man of hatred and greed, its army of skeletons doing the bidding of the shadow as they destroy the dragons army.
Then the vision changes as the army of hate and greed wipes away the dragons army leaving nothing left. A new vision comes...
A place comes forth a place of protection, but from within many filaments of light and darkness come out. The filaments attacking the men of hate and greed, the filaments attacking the shadow, the filaments exploring the world. The shadow grows angry at the attacks from the place of protection, the men of hate and greed begin to hate the place of protection.
Time passes, as time does and the men of the place of protection filled inside with both light and dark find something, a thing dark and buried in a distant place. They keep it, wishing it for themselves, wishing it to be hidden from others they take it to the place of protection. The people of the place of protection look upon the thing that has be brought and try to destroy it, but they cannot, so they had it away and seek help.
The man of hate and greed is suddenly many men, but three more prominent than the others. as the filaments of shadow now swirling in a band around the hands of the men controlling the soulless army. From their ranks comes scores of men made of emptiness nodding they move to the place of protection. Buried beneath the walls, fall below is a place of protection guarded by the ley lines that cross it above. The empty men walk among the people of the place of protection. One with them, but apart.
Then the vision changes as time goes by, but then another vision comes, this one clearer still. The empty men walking amongst the people in the place of protection are anxious they move directed by hate and greed, directed by the hidden they act, each with calm moves and brings destruction. A destruction such that the place of protection is no more. I the place beneath something moves, something stirs, four unknowables come from the place beneath. They move, they learn, and they begin to play.
Sal wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:10 pm To everyone else he smiled and twitched his small rat tail happily, ”If you are looking for someone you must let me help to pay off the debt owed.” He paused getting a head of himself and twitched his whiskers, ” Who, by description or name might you be looking for?”
Fritz wrote:"Excellent idea, Sal. We have been here for a couple of weeks, maybe we can help you locate this person or persons of interest."
"Oh, we'll find them easily enough. We just have to go to Mac's and/or the Solo. I guess then we'll see if the APC is still parked where we left it. Sir William, why don't we all head to the APC, then can you go to Mac's and get our stuff? You and Leethe get things squared away and make sure we're ready to go. Doc, if you and Sal haven't been to Mac's you should. Its a treat. Get your stuff together and let's get you packed onto the APC. Maggie, you got something decent to wear? The Solo is dress to impress. I've got my Legion dress uniform. You can wear yours if you have it, or anything you'd like. If not, we can go get something for you I guess. You can park your Glitterboy at the APC too. We'll get Mac to check it over as well."

He waits for a break in the conversation before keying his radio to the 99's frequency, and then to those used by the Legion generally. "L.C. to Brison, come in. This is 99s Community Outreach Team Lead to all Tomorrow Legion personal, please respond." He looks to those around. He is obviously not meaning those around him.
Ludwig, Guard Boar
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Fritz looks at @L.C., "I was part of Lone Star's Cybernetics Research and Development. A safe job away from the fighting. I don't like killing and have done everything possible to preserve life. I wasn't always like this." (Very Human for being Cyborg.)

"Command and my direct superiors thought it would be good for me to get some field experience. They sent me out with a retrieval platoon. Some of their "lab specimens" had escaped."

"Where we found ourselves was in a bayou with an island and whole mess of Black Market El Occulta folks. Ugly fire fight. Lots of dead and wounded I was not able to get to. And that is all I remember of the night."

"Six months later, I awoke in Special Observations, on a respirator, a heart monitor, a blood cleaning machine, and half a dozen other medical devices and instruments. The damn CS had kept me alive while trying to do my job of piecing people back together."

"To further the surgical insertion of a shapened medical instrument between my T3 and T4 vertebrae, they had given me full combat cyborg upgrades. Guess they figured it would help me lose my pacifist tendencies."

"It was not too long after that, that I met up with Mallory Malone, one of my departments empathic interns. She had connections outside of Lone Star and I paid a hefty sum to get myself and several others out."

Fritz scrutinizes the area behind where the 99th had ported or rifted in. Assessing landmarks and the time of day, Fritz comes to the conclusion, "A lot of people must be familiar with this particular rift. I am quite certain that it was the same one @Sal and I ported in on."

Pulling L.C. off to the side abit.

Hushed Conversation _
"I appreciate you letting Sal and myself come along with you."

Nodding Sal's direction, "Does the cyber arm look okay for him?"

From under his armor, in one of his thigh compartments, Fritz extracts an oblong plastic container with some wires, blinking lights, and fairly cold without even touching. "The tracker/tracer the CS implanted in Sal was as big as his forearm. I have removed the tracker/tracer. Planted it on a rhino-buffalo bull heading west for Arzno."

Holding up the plastic container, "Should I offer his original arm back or just dispose of this?"
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

L.C. wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:52 pm "Maggie, you got something decent to wear? The Solo is dress to impress. I've got my Legion dress uniform. You can wear yours if you have it, or anything you'd like. If not, we can go get something for you I guess. You can park your Glitterboy at the APC too. We'll get Mac to check it over as well."
Maggie gives L.C. a look. "I've been in the field for weeks, and most of my personal effects were eaten by bugs. Really big bugs. So, no, I got nothing. You need me there? If there's somewhere I can get a shower, I'm sure I can find something to wear."

Scrounger to Find Appropriate Clothing: Success
Streetwise [dice:1e9vksyt]53928:0[/dice:1e9vksyt] (If folks know she's a Psi-Ghost for some reason, -2 Charisma. If folks know she's piloting a Glitter Boy, +2 Charisma. I left both out.)
Wild [dice:1e9vksyt]53928:1[/dice:1e9vksyt]
Maggie and Steven
Maggie

Steven
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

L.C. wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:52 pm
However he answers, L.C. nods. "I left myself, so I get it. Formerly with 312th Commandos, Psi-Kappa Company. Left after a small disagreement regarding war crimes on civilian populations involving small amounts of thermo-nuclear ordinance." The sarcasm is slathered on with a spatula, but he continues. "Now I'm with the Tomorrow Legion, and we're making a difference. The 'hero' bit was us doing what it took to root out a collection of demons and scumbags that had taken up residence at the local orphanage. I'm just glad anyone got out of that hellhole. And that's not a colloquialism, it became a pit straight to one of the hell dimensions. We just got back."
”A small nuke?! Oh, well, I guess as long as it was a small nuke, everything is fine.” She points at L.C., ”I told you those people were crazy, two-names. I told you.”

She’s clearly a bit agitated, but once she gets it together she says, ”But I’m glad you got out, too. That goes for all of you,” she pops the armor and steps out, nodding toward @Fritz and @Sal.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie

Steven
Kaja Earthblooded
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Maggie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:59 pm”A small nuke?! Oh, well, I guess as long as it was a small nuke, everything is fine.” She points at L.C., ”I told you those people were crazy, two-names. I told you.” She’s clearly a bit agitated, but once she gets it together she says, ”But I’m glad you got out, too. That goes for all of you,” she pops the armor and steps out, nodding toward Fritz and Sal.
L.C. nods understandingly. "Hey, I was young and we were doing good work until we weren't. Honestly we tend to go after the same kinds of guys in the Legion. Asshole mages who want to hurt others, psychotic psychics who want to violate others, and heartless mercs who'd rather crap in someone's face than help them. Difference is we tend to know that we're doing good work in the Legion, not serving some power hungry politician's career or some PR bit for bring more communities under C.S. control. Big thing that's changed is we don't discriminate on which kids and civilians we're saving, unlike the C.S. I like that part."

When @Fritz goes on about his own backstory, L.C. nods, taking it in, but not really digesting it. It's not that he isn't listening - he is and is even memorizing it. But he's not thinking too deeply on it yet.

L.C. allows himself to be led to the side. He is a bit disturbed about the arm and shrugs. "Ask him?" is about all he can offer in terms of suggestions. "Me, I'd get rid of it. Kinda creepy. But whatever you two decide. But if you do decide to destroy it, burn it completely. Use a plasma torch. No sense leaving something behind a scent tracker can use."

When the two return to the others is when he begins handing out orders.
Maggie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:02 pm"I've been in the field for weeks, and most of my personal effects were eaten by bugs. Really big bugs. So, no, I got nothing. You need me there? If there's somewhere I can get a shower, I'm sure I can find something to wear."
L.C. gives her an apologetic shrug. "Yeah, we can get you some place to shower and I'm sure we can find you some clothes. There's a few tailors in town and some place we can find off the rack stuff that's decent. We'll get you a dress uniform once we're done at Castle Refuge, if you still want one. If not, I'm sure one of the tailors here in town would love to make you one or maybe something nice. Tell you what, I'll get it as a welcome back present." He grins a bit. He was liking the idea of having one of his little sisters around. "Oh, let's go park the Glitter Boy at the APC."

"Alright, Sir William, work out a watch schedule. I want two people at the APC at all times, but I also want us to get rooms at the Ladders. Everyone needs a shower and a soft bed for a bit. Work in our new folks. Leethe, help him out. I want you to get some practice at it. If we end up splitting up into three teams for any reason, I'll be tapping you as a fire team leader, so you might as well learn what XOs do." And in doing so he'd also laid out in no uncertain terms what the chain of command was: himself, Sir William, and then Leethe.
Ludwig, Guard Boar
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

L.C. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:17 pm He grins a bit. He was liking the idea of having one of his little sisters around. "Oh, let's go park the Glitter Boy at the APC."

"Alright, Sir William, work out a watch schedule. I want two people at the APC at all times, but I also want us to get rooms at the Ladders. Everyone needs a shower and a soft bed for a bit. Work in our new folks. Leethe, help him out. I want you to get some practice at it. If we end up splitting up into three teams for any reason, I'll be tapping you as a fire team leader, so you might as well learn what XOs do." And in doing so he'd also laid out in no uncertain terms what the chain of command was: himself, Sir William, and then Leethe.
Arriving at the old parking spot the APC is nowhere to be seen. Asking around you hear from other that Brison has been using it to bring in refugees from the wilds during the last 8 days. With the loss of the rest of the team and no way to get to refuge it was the only way he could help. When you arrive at Ladders they offer to store the Glitter Boy in the private garage free of charge. Allowing you to continue on in your immediate mission.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Fritz has no aspiration of being a leader of men. He does care for those he is around but has no desire to be the one everyone runs to when the crap starts falling from the sky and such. He gladly leaves L.C. to organize his command.

He stores the removed limb and reminds himself to talk to @Sal about it.

Finding a suitable place to get changed and the necessary clothes, Fritz doctors the shirt and jacket to allow for easy extension and retraction of his "other arms". He joins the rest of the team and makes himself as indistinguisable as possible.
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

To @L.C., Maggie says, "Hey, I won't turn down a gift."

From there, she makes her way to Ladders, storing her Glitter Boy in the offered garage, but telling Steven, "Keep the car in low power mode, in case you need to come get me. And keep your audio and video feeds going, just in case, but don't be obvious about it. No need to announce you're here to anyone who doesn't need to know."

She's able to work her way through a quick store or two (don't look at her like that; she's a Psi-Ghost. You get what you get.) and gets herself properly attired for a visit to a swanky establishment.

Not exactly the kind of battle dress I've become accustomed to, she thinks.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie

Steven
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As the heroes prepare themselves for the ride the decision to take a Rifts is almost obvious, even without their ride, the team will be able to get where needed much faster without the mobile command station. However, what was not expected was the call from Julian saying he solicited a couple of other line walkers to help him, you will be able to take the new ride after all.

The plan laid out sounds simple. Sal will create some devices that allow the team to go through imperceptible to potential threats and allowing solid positions to be obtained. Then after waiting a few seconds Maggie, Steven, Cpl Brison, and L.C. come through ready and expecting an ambush. The rest of the team will come through in the New Ride ready for action and manning the weapons systems.

Overall it is a simple plan that will allow crossing into potentially hostile territory blind, while minimizing casualties. The ritual takes nearly an hour to complete, finishing perfectly at noon, as Julian and his friends work on it the visual distortions in the field as the rift finally opens and all that can be sensed coming from the opening. It blazes with a purple and green light making it impossible to see through to the other side. Once the rift is open, they send you the signal to go through.

Sal, Sir William and Fritz move, each activating their devices before proceeding, as there is a hesitation for the count of 10 before the power armored team members go through taking up positions Maggie to the left, allowing Brison and L.C. to take the right. Finally Leethe drives the APC through the rift, the resistance from crushing trees on the other side is expected as the vehicle rolls through.

INSTRUCTIONS
If you came here before I emails it out, then please be Patient with me, I am back from my 2 week vacation, which I extended into 3 weeks, But I need to let the rounds play out in the post I will add under the normal thread.
When I post the other thread I will send out a PM to the group and post this in Hangout.

This will take a little time for me.

Sal and Fritz and Sir William, if I could please get you to just post a activation roll for the invisibility superior device Sal made and Notice roll for the other side it would help me out a lot.
@Sal @Pender Lumkiss @Fritz @Sgt 86Delta @Sir William Mahan
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Sal

Post by Sal »

Three invisibility devices with 20 PPE each. Fritz has one and Sir William has one... He made an other one for someone to take as well.
Sal twitched and pulled out a few tools he barrowed from the garage. He banged and flanked a glass bottle fixing a few glowing green crystals to it. After a heart beat he poured some psi cola into each bottle (3 in total). Finally he took out some white cheese, orderless and slightly creamy. Carefully he dropped a bit of cheese into each bottle and plugged them with a rubber stopper.

He smiled and passed a bottle to @Sir William Mahan, @Fritz. He also holds out one more bottle of liquid for another to take. ”Drink this if you may and you should turn invisible... If you are able to, And have the arcane inclination I would harness those green crystals to amp up the flavor making you ghost out.”

Sal for his part lowered his goggles and wrapped his dirty cloak tightly around his body. The goggles’ lens turned green and then the rat man disappeared!

He chuckled well concealed, ” Ok... If we are all ready, Let’s go save the day.”
Incase Fritz cannot activate it on his own, greater invisibility 14, 10 ppts left
Sal while still invisible reached out taking the bottle he had just given to Fritz. The rat man scampered up the Cyber docs leg, chest and arm until restin gnon his shoulder. He put the bottle in his friends mouth and wished!
Greater invisibility.[dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:7[/dice:1gpd7k2r]
Greater invisibility on Sir William, 11... 10 ppts left to maintain
Sal half sighed ticking the seconds of greater invisibility by and twitched looking at sir william. The knight had been such a friend, every since they just met two hours ago. He knew Dame and everything! Invisible, Sal shrugged and helped the knight along by dumping a bag of catalysts into the mixture held in the knight’s hand. One isotonic cheddar lick should do the trick! Unseen the mixture erupted on the knight!
Greater invisibility: [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:8[/dice:1gpd7k2r]
Leethe and L.C. Invisibility 10, no PPE left
Last bottle... Sal shrugged and shook the bottle with a small amount of vigor letting it erupt over @Leethe and L.C. There we go... Three bottles made, three bottles used, although William and Fritz have about half a minute of invis time.

” Were we planning on setting our watches?”

Greater Invisibility: [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:9[/dice:1gpd7k2r]
True Invisibility, exalted dark-sight, notice 13, 3 invisible gagets with 20PPE made
True invisibility [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:0[/dice:1gpd7k2r] wild [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:1[/dice:1gpd7k2r]

Greater Dark sight [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:2[/dice:1gpd7k2r] wild [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:3[/dice:1gpd7k2r]

14PPE spent! +2 stealth and +2 notice

Notice ignores obscurment and sees invisible [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:4[/dice:1gpd7k2r] ace [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:6[/dice:1gpd7k2r]wild [dice:1gpd7k2r]55600:5[/dice:1gpd7k2r]
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Fritz nods to @Sal and quafs the elixir without a second to think. Bestto act and not think. Besides I trusst Sal, right?

Spirit to Activate
[*] Spirit (1d8) [dice:atbbjont]55601:0[/dice:atbbjont]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:atbbjont]55601:1[/dice:atbbjont]
"Hey Sal, how do we know if this is working?"

The mutant mouse climbs up on Fritz and goes through pressure points with a small nobby "stick". The activator responds to the elixir in Fritz's system.
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Miles RAD Radoslav

Sir William looks at the elixir and gravely says, "My thanks, friend Sal", then quaffs it.
Notice and Spirit
Spirit [dice:cabqgrd5]55618:0[/dice:cabqgrd5] Wild [dice:cabqgrd5]55618:1[/dice:cabqgrd5]
Notice [dice:cabqgrd5]55618:2[/dice:cabqgrd5] Wild [dice:cabqgrd5]55618:3[/dice:cabqgrd5]
Rad
ISP:
10 /10

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Fritz does his best to be stealthy. His android frame should make it easier than the full conversion borgs, but all that remains to be seen.

Notice _
[*] Notice (1d10) [dice:302xwkd6]55627:0[/dice:302xwkd6]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:302xwkd6]55627:1[/dice:302xwkd6]
He walks cautiously through the obscured portal and begins trying to get adjusted as soon as he crosses the threshhold.
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel