Super Tech differ from techno-wizard devices in that they do not require and arcane background to use or activate. Instead they use extremely advanced or alien technology to produce similar results. This makes Super Tech items extremely powerful and they should be considered rare (ie signature items or powerful rewards for role play). All Super Tech items suffer from technical difficulties and are always -2 to Repair rolls to reflect their ultra advanced nature.
Choose a non magical item that has the appropriate effect (i.e. a vibro-sword for a mega-damage melee weapon or stealth suit from the Sci-Fi Companion) and soup the item up with the following guidelines.
Type of Item: Weapon, Armor, Object, etc.
Super Tech: To set them apart from TW, tech items have less upgrade “slots” available to them. Major and Minor qualities are the same as those found under Techno-Wizard Creation rules in the Tomorrow Legion Player’s Guide. The level of augmentation should also be an indicator of rarity. As a general rule bonuses from enhancements should never exceed +3 in any one trait.
- Novice: One Minor Augmentation
Seasoned: Two Minor Augmentations
Veteran: One Major Augmentation, Two Minor Augmentations
Heroic: Two Major Augmentations, Two Minor Augmentations
Legendary: Four Major Augmentations, Two Minor Augmentations
Drawbacks: Supertech items are by their nature advance, alien, klunky, or otherwise od. All Supertech items are either -4 to be repaired, or -2 to be repaired and the item must have a quirk.
Powers: All supertech powers work off of some kind of battery, e-clip, reactor etc. When activating powers 1 shot = 1 power point. Melee weapons that do not have “shots” will need to add internal power supply augmentations. Items connected to “effectively unlimited” power supplies like a nuclear reactor are only possible for vehicles and require using a major upgrade slot to make the connection. Powers will need to be linked to an activation skill (for weapons this isn't necessarily Fighting or Shooting).
Super Sniper Laser Rifle
- Base Item: Wilk’s 447
- Range: 40/80/160
- Damage: 3d6 (ROF: 1, AP: 2)
- Shots: 20
- Weight: 5
- Super Scope (Marksman Edge, Major)
- Superior Balance (2 Minor, +2 shooting)
- Ranged Data System (farsight power, Major, costs 3 “shots” to activate for 3 rounds, use Knowledge Electronics to activate)
- High Power Mode (smite power, Major, costs 3 “shots” to activate for 3 rounds, use Knowledge Electronics to activate)
Kittani Plasma Sword
Base Item: Vibro-Sword (Str+d10, AP 4, Mega Damage)
- Plasma Blade (Minor, add a Trapping (Fire). Armor Piercing: Fire and heat bypass cracks in armor. A damaging power gains AP 2)
- Internal Power Supply (Minor, adds 5 shots, recharges at 1 shot per 30 minutes when connected to a power supply)
- Plasma Blast (Major, add bolt power (Fire). 1 shot per missile. Use Shooting skill to activate.)