Can we reopen House Rules already?

Tribe of One

Can we reopen House Rules already?

Post by Tribe of One »

If for no other reason than to fix the idiotic 2 Major/2 Minor mistake/editing error/whatever on Super Tech items?
GM Bennies: 7/7
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Can we reopen House Rules already?

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Tribe,

If you believe there is a mistake or typo, no problem. Perhaps just ask: "Could you please investigate the issue with SuperTech regarding whether or not it is 2/2 or 3/2 in terms of upgrades?"

Yes, I can. Please give me a few days to Wade back through it all.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

I was asking because last time we talked about fixing it, the discussion was shut down because 'House Rules is closed.'

More generally, though, I sincerely would like to see House Rules reopen. We created a lot of fun options here, and IMO the more formal discussion/approval process is preferable to the backdoor house rules creation folks have started to do in Community Projects in the interim.
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

The other option, if we want to leave Super-Tech on the shelf for now, would be to formally allow a maxed out Tinkerer item (2 Minor, 3 Major) as a Signature Item.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Tribe of One wrote:The other option, if we want to leave Super-Tech on the shelf for now, would be to formally allow a maxed out Tinkerer item (2 Minor, 3 Major) as a Signature Item.
I can get behind that for now.

VV
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Tribe of One wrote: More generally, though, I sincerely would like to see House Rules reopen. We created a lot of fun options here, and IMO the more formal discussion/approval process is preferable to the backdoor house rules creation folks have started to do in Community Projects in the interim.
Agreed regarding community projects.

VV
Signature
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

There is a difference. In community Projects, people are asking opinions on things no one else has to agree to. House Rules are binding across the site, or at least the Rifts games. That's why every GM should chime in and vote
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

High Command wrote:There is a difference. In community Projects, people are asking opinions on things no one else has to agree to. House Rules are binding across the site, or at least the Rifts games. That's why every GM should chime in and vote
Yeah, I understand the distinction, but I think when ideas are good (and balanced) then they should be allowed across the site. And there's nothing stopping House Rules items from being approved only for limited use.

Return to “Archived Discussions”