Prelude: Black Company

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Prelude: Black Company

Post by Daniel »

BC Post

• The core seven members of the Black Company have decided to return to the Pinnacle Hotel, leaving the rest of their allies and prisoner/recruits in the Warehouse under Sgt. Hurtt's watchful eye. Col. Thrudh explains that he wants to take some time and discuss the options, the plans and future of the BC with Humble, Alecto, Sammy, Hans, Gargamel and Carlos. Afterwards you can get a nights rest in a real bed, after a well earned victory.

The seven members of SOG 8 arrive in the massive spaceship turned into a hotel. As you enter the main doors into the lobby you hear the ear splitting whine of a radio communicator. Standing in the lobby yelling into the radio is, Techno Wizard extraordinaire Diamond Clad, he's even more famous then Hans and is known in most TW circles as the designer and builder of extra dimensional vaults. Next to the worried looking famous TW is his TW pale faced daughter.

Ben sees you and a smile forms on his face, he greets you all when you come into the Lobby with a Dries Marbles Left Concert T-Shirt for each of you, even a couple Super sized ones for Humble and Thrudh. He still has the play back of the concert playing on one of his his computer screens, Scooby Doo on the other monitor. It looks like the squid-man was working on assembling some sort of contraption on his desk, which he now ignores as he makes his way around from his desk in order to hand out shirts to the Black Company Mercs.

"Hey guys welcome back... I picked the shirts up from the Radio Station, just before everything went ballistic!" He frantically wiggles some of his tentacles, clearly agitated by something.

Squids looks up realizing he lost in thought.

As soon as Ben pauses for a moment, Diamond Clad walks over to the squid man, in a hurry and a bit overbearing he forcefully says to Ben:

"I require some of these components, my daughter has no time to spare. The jar was cracked in the scuffle with the Hammers, I must contact Bane and Libertas if there is any hope." Before Squids can say yeah or no, Diamond Clad looks at the array of materials on Ben's desk, the man then reaches over and swipes a bit of this, and a little of that. He places the components, and a few other TW "do dads" and crystals on the coffee table in the lounge across from squid-mans desk. Diamond Clad and Crystal work on getting some kind of radio working, but they are clearly having issues trying to reach someone named Bane and Libertas. It would seem Crystal's soul jar is cracked and they need some blood of one of the CEALs to possibly undo the magic that has trapped her soul and is slowly now killing her.

His daughter, now does seem a bit more pale than usual, helps him arrange the components just so. Diamond Clad hooks what looks like a radio into a e-clip and fires it up. Looking interested from across the room Ben stays quiet.

"Bane, Libertas do you read me? Are they receiving, is this thing on Crystal? Blast, move the transmigration rod to the left, No your other left..."

Crystal looks at him with a bit of indignation. Her father smiles a fatherly smile at her and half jokingly says, "Yes if Libertas was here he would have finished by now. No not an insult, a fact -- What is that? Some kind of temporal Interference?"

The radio arcs and sparks, but after some coaxing the father and daughter Techno Wizards get the radio jugging along again.

"Libertas, come in Libertas. Bane are you there? I have secured information regarding undoing the magic that binds Crystal's soul... But in doing so, I am afraid the jar was cracked, there is not much time. We need one of those CEAL peace keepers Giest employs. I have reason to believe these cyberneticly enhance arcane life forms are made with death magic of the same kind that trapped Crystals Soul... Fluid in their bodies may be key to undoing the spell...Blast where is all that Temporal energy coming from?... No, No are they receiving our transmission?"

Again the radio arcs and sparks, and to someone of keen observation it seems to wink out of existence for just the briefest of moments. But persistence pays off as the two TWs get the radio working one last time.

"Please meet us at the Pinnacle Hotel and hurry! We are with the members of the Black Company"

Unexpectedly, Time and Space seem to bend, the center of the lobby pulls inwards then ripples out as a Lady D-Bee Sharkwoman, along with a young kid who seems to have taken a railgun round to his leg, both appear in the lobby. The kid is barely conscious and seems to be bleeding out, fast.
  • Diamond Clad frantically screams into the radio, whom he is talking to unknown to you: "What is that? A wear-shark lady... she's a Fraking Lady Viggo!!? Who's side is she on? Oh grief, that kid is bleeding all over the place!!"

The Lady Shark looks around, taking in the surroundings, she speaks to Ben in a melodic voice that seems to rise and fall like an ocean tide, "Ben'itxxz, I have need of your services. This child has been caught up in a fight between my counterparts and a well trained and armed group of heroes. The child is brave, he bested Viggo Prime and obtained a data chip proving the innocence of a group of some dastardly mercenaries. Help me, Ben'itxxz. You're my only hope. I know you swore the last time, was your last, your powers age you unfairly. But... but it is either you or Scara... And I so desperately do not want to bring the kid to her. She would just force the CEAL process onto him. He deserves to live Ben!"

As everyone in the room prepares to act, Ben'itxxz acts, ol'Squids is faster than one might have thought, Juicer fast, granted who would have thought he was once a combat medic, once working on a far off dimension, a place called Center on Phase World. Well, no one because he didn't tell you. Ben flips a first aid kit up onto the desk and is half way across the room to the injured kid before anyone can bat an eye. By far the fastest anyone has seen Squids move. A look of concern on the squid-mans face says it all, he is a medic. Whatever the D-Bee woman meant by his magic will age him, Ben acts regardless. As fast as he is though, its not fast enough: The Shark Lady's eyes grow wide and give off an eerie blue sheen, anyone with the ability to detect magic feels some kind of magic rip her and the poor child away from the hotel, through time and space to an unknown destination. A faint female chuckling rings in the air as both the kid and shark-woman disappear.

Ben in his gruff gravely rough voice squeaks, "No! She took them. Had to be Scara, that bitch Necromancer beast."
  • As if the lobby is not crowded already, the doors of the hotel burst open and several Elves, Dnorr, Grackletooths, and a few other D-bees come rushing in, twelve in total. The Grackletooth, Known as Mic, looks at his friend Sammy (because everyone who is someone knows Sammy), "I am not sure what is going on down at the radio station, but the crowd down there has started singing Dreis Marbles Left's top hits, while they round up every D-Bee Gloom has... I did not see it, but rumor is someone shot an Elf. People are panicked, there's much violence. We need a place to lie low." Looking at Ben with pleading eyes Mic sees the Squid-man nod yes, waving them in.

Off to the side in the lobby everyone hears the TW known as Diamond Clad and his daughter Crystal Clad muttering something about a temporal energy build up, there voices are raising in pitch as they become more excited.
  • Again the air pops and the shark lady and young kid (Alex) seemed to be pulled from space and time winking back into existence, only to ripple and fade, then tear out of in-existence and stand before you all, solid and here, in the lobby. Ben cheers!

When the shark-woman and kid popped back into the lobby they are accompanied by a third person, a beautiful blond woman, Alecto immediately is able to recognize her as a member of the 13th: Cantrell (Cantrell will describe her arrival and her actions upon arrival in her post below).
  • Ben puts the Dries Marble Left T-shirts that he had been holding in his 6th tentacle on the counter and waves the D-bees in, as he reaches over to start medical aid on the kid Alex. A oddly altered via magics, IRMMS is set on the kid and Ben says to the newcomer D-Bee's: "That is horrible indeed. Last I heard, a Titan Robot went crazy, some kid was piloting it while a bald man rode on its shoulder. Damned news article interrupted my cartoons! Blam, blam, explosions everywhere, people rushing all about. A bunch of buildings near the radio station got demolished too. Giest sent her goons, and Viggo the Fin along with an industrial drill to stop it...or so the news said. She owns the news though, they always paint her in a good light even though we all know Giest is a evil witch. How a government can control the media sickens me so much. We are constantly lied to by those who claim to protect us, who just want power and don't really care about us."

As an explosion erupts in the roadway adjacent the hotel, Ben quickly takes a peak out the front door. All oh his tentacles simultaneously drop in shock and he squeals in terror: "Geist is coming for us all!!!"
GM Directions AND List of Player Characters in the Lobby
Kn arcana would reveal it is some kind of teleport spell <-- the arrival of Cantrell and shark lady and kid.

This BC area is an RP area, and your action should be posted in the crossover thread .

Should initiative be needed we will use the below order:

Talk/Fight/Whatever.....RP. Does not matter what over you post in, but for any combat actions that happen Cantrell has it, is fastest, first etc... Remember RP here if you like, then head over to the crossover thread to post your action.

1. Cantrell
  2. Carlos
  3. Humble
  4. Alecto
  5. Sammy
  6. Hans
  7. Gargamel
  8. Thrudh
  9. Ben
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Cantrell

Re: Prelude: Black Company

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell does not hurl
Vigor vs. distortion [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort+Elan [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]2[/dice]
Cantrell's vision swam as the she-shark cut some sort of short-cut through space and time, then bit down to avoid puking as the streets outside gave way to the inside of the Pinnacle hotel. She caught sight of Diamond and Crystal Clad, cobbling together some sort of technowizard device, and the squid-faced manager, Ben, rushing over with a concerned look on his face ... then her gaze swept down to the lobby, where all seven Black Company traitors were assembled, looking up.

Without hesitation, the plasma ejector she'd been aiming at Lady Viggo's head swings around to target the group. As her targeting array tries to keep up, she's already prioritizing shots, deciding which one to take out first -- probably the nasty, murderous dwarf -- and gauging how many she can take down before they get to her.

Three, maybe four if I can get the big lizard to fall on the cat, she thinks.

Then Alex groans, and Crystal gasps, leaning against her father. D-bees and other innocents rush in from the street. And there had been that message Alex was trying to broadcast ...

Not enough time to think this all through ...

"Tell you what, Black Company. I know who you are, and I think you know who I am, but what do you say we put a little pause on shooting at each other until we make sure all the innocent people are taken care of? I'd like to keep this boy from bleeding out, and there are a bunch of people out in the street I'd like to keep alive, too. So if this Gheist bitch is shooting at all of us, I see no reason not to shoot back directly, and sort who the rest of the bad guys are later. Deal?"

Assuming no active opposition, she makes sure Ben gets to Alex, then runs up the stairs to the roof to find an elevated firing position. She thinks she sees that dwarf heading that way, too, and wants to keep an eye on him. Just because she wasn't gonna shoot him now didn't mean she trusts him ...
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
sammy

Post by sammy »

Sammy reflexively quick draws sunshine popping off 3 rapid shots at the unexpected arrivals. "Meow, I hate temporal magic. Damnit do we really have to wait? I hate waiting." Sammy smiles a lopsided playful grin. " We might not have time for pleasantries but I am Sammy, last of the Tomorrow Legions 2nd Set and unofficial Tomorrow Legion Liason officer to the black company..." Sammy stops short finally truly noticing the other two unexpected arrivals particularly the female shark lady.
Sammy hisses " Vigela you freaking no good two faced rotten.." Sammy gets close to the shark lady putting sunshine to her temple. " I hope you survive because after we beat Giest and get the 13th off our backs one or another, I am circling back with a bullet just for your tasty face. After what you did at Charlesbad my only regret is that I won't be able to smoke you more than once." Sammy holsters his TW pistol and quickly uses a telekinetic cat claw to gingerly lift Alex onto the counter so Ben can better work on him.
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Jude and Tesse tumble into the Pinnacle Hotel after Ben the Octo-man and a bunch of other D-Bees looking to flee the pogrom outside. Jude thinks he sees a flash of familiar blonde hair and pert, fine posterior running up the stairs. Was that Cantrell?

“Crystal!” Jude yells, tugging Tesse, the CEAL, along behind him. “Crystal Clad! Where--?” Jude catches sight of the familiar, beautiful platinum blonde and rushes over to the pale young woman, catching her as she slumps a little, holding her tightly.

He looked over to Diamond. “I got you one of the CEALs. This is Tesse.” He gestured to the former Second SET member. “She’s TL,” Jude said, giving Tesse a look. He was trusting her. “Do what you need.”

Jude’s next priority was Alex. He looked around, spotting Ben treating the boy’s leg. Okay, so that was taken care of.

And then his gaze fell on the beautiful brunette from the video screen at the radio station. The Black Company!

“Everybody get down!” Jude yelled as he swung his rifle up. Oh, shit. LIke, the whole BC was here! With just him. And a bunch of innocent bystanders in an enclosed space! Oh, he was so fucked!

Jude projected confidence, though, the magical glaive protruding like a bayonet from the end of his JA-9.

“Now if you’ll all be so kind as to put your weapons down, we can get around to securing you somewhere safe until we can get you back to Castle Refuge for trial. Unless you want to do this the easy way.”

Of course, being Jude, he had to flash Alecto a handsome smile.

Conditions:
  • Toughness: 13 (6) (Old armor)
  • Has the data chip
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh begins a light conversation amongst his comrades, idle chatter. Then Ben presents them all with DML shirts. Holding his own up, he quips. "Huh. Didn't know they made shirts this big." Glancing at the 4 person tent that is Humble's shirt, he chuckles. "Well, now I done seen 'bout everything. Bet it fits ya just right, big guy."

Thrudh's eyes narrow as Diamond and Crystal Clad begin their transmission. "Hey, did that old coot just tell the 13th where we were? Hey, old man! Pipe down!" He doesn't have time to protest much further, as the shark lady and a bleeding child blink in and out of existence in front of them. "What the scrag is goin' on here..."

More d-bees pour into the hotel, the shark lady and child are back with company. Company who immediately begins pointing guns in their direction. Before he can muster his shoulder cannon, the woman starts running her yap. Thrudh pauses to listen. "Well, as much as I'd love ta throw down right here and sic' my boy Sammy on ya, sounds like y'ain't wrong, an' we gotta slightly bigger problem ta work out. So why don't ya point that thing somewhere else an' we'll all point our guns in the same direction, startin' right 'bout now?"

Before any other answers were given, some pretty boy comes in dragging a woman CEAL. "CEAL! Scrag it now! Get down, stupid! That thing's a killer!" Thrudh finishes his move for the shoulder cannon, and a revolver peeks out from behind him, pointed at the same creature. The new guy doesn't seem concerned that his date is an undead cyborg, though, and his boast earns a hearty belly chuckle. "That's a pretty little gun ya got there, fella, but y'ain't got the firepower ta handle all of us. Yer buddy here already saw reason an' decided ta fight the dictator woman in the death's head 'stead a' us good guys. How's about you do a little turn on yer catwalk, there, and get ta fightin' the real bad guys, 'fore ol' Thrudh ruins what's left a' yer face?" The grackle grins at the sheer moxie of this guy flashing his smile at Alecto. Kinda like this ugly kid. More guts'n brains, looks like. Probably a talker though. Gotta keep him outta Humble's ears. Might make the big guy's head blow up.
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 6 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 11 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Jude’s eyes narrowed at the big Grackletooth as he threatened Tesse. God, what do they feed those guys? And that ogre! I am so fucked…

He maintained his poker face, though.

“This isn’t some CEAL. This is Tesse. One of the Second SET you assholes put in the ground!” Jude said vehemently. “And a special friend of mine. So you’ll watch your tone around her, Godzilla. A week ago I took down a mystic knight, a master vampire, and a shadow dragon, and I put a laser through my girlfriend’s head. So I’m not really in the mood You guys aren’t worth the litter that cat takes a piss in.”

Oh please let that damp feeling down my leg just be perspiration and not me pissing myself...

Conditions:
  • Has the data chip
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh blinks for a moment at the sheer bravado. Then bursts into laughter that reverberates through the lobby. "Well, scrag, kid, I heard a' lovin' 'em an' leavin' 'em, but drillin' yer own lady in the head when yer done? That's some next level commitment avoidance, chump. Yer livin' dead girlfriend here the one ya greased, or did ya plug a different lady?" He drags slightly on the cigar still resting in his toothy grin. "An' fer all yer concern 'bout the 2nd SET, maybe ya oughta get them beady little eyes checked, bite size. This here's Sammy, last LIVIN' member a' the 2nd, an' a runnin' member a' the Black. Maybe ya oughta get a handle on who yer chasin' 'fore ya pick yer last fight on this here earth."

Thrudh looks at Cantrell. "This one a' yers? Awful mouthy fer a pipsqueak with a pop gun. He better be careful, or I might get ta like him. Might even show him what a real fight looks like 'stead a' lettin' him play with vampires an' other easy targets."
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Laser Torch
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
    +2 Repair checks
  • Range 50/100/200
    ROF 1, shots 20
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Jude’s finger twitched on the trigger of his rifle. If it had been any more sensitive, he might have drilled a hole in the grackletooth’s face.

“Brittany was, unfortunately, in the CS Sixth Mobile and shooting at me at the time. That didn’t make it any easier, Iguana Lad. And I never had the pleasure of dating Tesse. If there’s anything I can do to reverse what was done to her, I’ll do it. So the kitty cat turned on his own, just like you did. He can come along and answer to the Tomorrow Council as well.”

Damn it! There were just too many civilians in here to risk a fire fight! It was almost as bad as the panicking crowd inside the Arcane Brotherhood headquarters. Jude didn’t want to risk killing another kid. And Tesse and Crystal were right there, as well.

“Much as I’d like to put some holes in you, Jurassic Joker, there’s way too many women and children around. But if you try a damn thing, I will put you down.” Jude lowered his rifle.

Conditions:
  • Has the data chip
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

Notice 16
OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
“There is always some frakker trying to iceskate uphill” Gargamel gave a Jude a look as if to say ‘really, you're pulling this stunt now’. As Jude lowered his weapon, he kept position with his weapons, ready to eviscerate Jude if he tried anything more.

“Heh, just been owned by Thrudh, but its always amazing how somebody can always twist the narrative to suit their version of the truth rather than actually find out what happened." he remarked out loud, "lets deal with Geist then we can ante up."
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble looks at the shirt and tries to get it on over his armor without tearing. Whoever this guy is he must have known Humble does not take off his armor often. Suddenly stuff starts happening so fats he has no clue what is going on until a woman pops in a points a gun at him and his friends. This is a situation Humble knows how to handle and with a snap he draws his hammer and begins to charge. But suddenly she offers a truce and Thrudh accepts.
Calming himself humble turns around only to see a tiny little man walk in with another zombie and pull on gun on him and his friends again. Reaching out and seizing the little man so he can smash hid head off Humble is again confused as this second person who threatened them is offered a truce by Thrudh.
Dropping him Humble starts to get a annoyed at how fast everything is changing and not knowing what he should be doing to contribute. Looking at Thrudh he asks. "What Humble do?" Knowing that with everyone so excited there has to be some opponents Humble can destroy. He just did not want to break the wrong ones.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh's laughter nearly shakes the room. "Kid, yer just lucky the big guy here is in such a good mood. I had ta beg him ta be nice. His mood changes..." Thrudh whistles. "...an' even yer pup's Titan don't stand a chance. He may not even know ya got squished underneath him 'fore he rips that robot apart. But points fer bravery. Scrag it, I think I might like ta be the one ya try followin' through on yer threats with." He takes a slow drag on his cigar.

"But not just yet. Business first. Fun later. Gotta save the town from the real bad guys."

Patting Humble on the shoulder, he asks nicely. "Big guy, let's leave this one alone fer now. There's some a' those livin' dead borgs outside. Maybe ya go warm up on them 'fore we start the diplomacy in here?" He winks at Jude with a toothy grin.
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Laser Torch
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
    +2 Repair checks
  • Range 50/100/200
    ROF 1, shots 20
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

"Nadya Cantrell, 13th SET of the Tomorrow Legion," Alecto acknowledges coolly. "Our goals in Gloom are not dissimilar, at least as far as protection of the people. The Black Company does not wish to fight the Legion. You have been misled. We are not guilty of what you believe we are."

She glances at Thrudh disapprovingly. This wasn't the time or situation to be wasting on social dominance displays.

"I suggest we focus on the task at hand. We must keep the hotel safe from Giest's forces, and escort civilians inside."

At Jude's smile, Alecto gives him a curt nod to return his nonverbal acknowledgement.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
sammy

Post by sammy »

Sammy just before stepping away from the lady Shark sees Jude Mavericks pretty face come waltzing into the hotel. Sammy's fur pricks up and he gives a mournful howl for all those that lost their lives in Charlesbad. Well I'll be! Jude Maverick. The Charmer of Charlesbad. The only one with enough moxie to get the legion, coalition, Feds, and some kind of robotic amazon warrior women in one place. What did Coake call him? A man of extreme talent. What a load of shit. He nearly killed all of us, and got Dark Man Skully, White Snake, Virtuoso, Mort Myers Lennon, Red, Surly Baby, Wisker Wiskey Bravo, Gauf Loekon captured by that two bit no good CS commander Dingis. Well Jude, I cut Dingis' head off, how about I do that to your pretty head when this is over. Who was that chick that almost took him out? Zedra, Zealija... Z something, she never saw him, but I almost wish I let her dig him a grave. I wonder if her arm ever healed. Seemly lost in thought Sammy shakes his head and Nods at Jude, but to look into those feline eyes you would see a specter riding a pale horse.
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 9 Raise
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“We know the truth, and we know our orders,” Jude told Gargamel. “You’re lucky I’m even giving you the option to come in peacefully. I’ve got a 007 order, but I’d rather not use it. The paperwork is horrible, and this armor is new. I’d rather not have to clean blood and grey matter off it.”

And then Jude is snatched off the ground by the big ogre. Oh shit! Before he can respond, the behemoth puts him down again.

Jude glanced over at the strange cat with glowing eyes. Okay, why did that just feel like someone walked over his grave? “Long time, no see, Samuel T. Cat.” He nodded to the last surviving Second SET member. It was a long time since Carlsbad. Not that Jude remembered much. He’d taken a nasty knock to the head after some woman with a sniper rifle nearly took it off.

Jude turned to look to the ogre. “You want to know what to do? There’s a bunch of CEALs outside shooting up innocent people. Go pound a few into paste.” He paused. “Just not her.” He indicated Tesse.

Conditions:
*Toughness: 13 (6) (Old armor)
*Has the data chip
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

OOC Comments
Nicely played, actions and conversations in this thread move over to the Joint Thread and carry on there. Updates, there, from GM incoming.

Return to “Black Company and 13th Crossover Story”