3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Locked
Lars
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed
Contact:

3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Lars »


Aftermath
  • Helping Gloom / Healing / Gathering Allies

    The lobby of the hotel turns out to have a massive dining hall located adjacent to it. The following day, during a well cooked meal of shwarma Diamond Cald, Ailbhe, Crystal, and Ben approach. Diamond Clad shakes every hand of those present and the four bow in great reverence to the Heroes of Gloom. A crowd that had gathered outside and those inside eating in the establishment cheers and hollers for the heroes of the hour.

    Diamond Clad adjusts his shirt and rubs his hands. "I must thank you again, once for saving us and once for helping those in need. We have formulated a plan of sorts." He sits down grabbing a glass of water, "These Temporal rifts Rip created brought us a boon. Zeija recovered a bracelet off the wrist of Giest, and we have an alternate Geist it would seem. Apparently a few here are from other realities and we will have to think on that more, but for now... Should we procure an alternate portal, since the AC one was destroyed in the blast, and get the ring from Scara's study, and have this alternate Geist activate the bracelet, sword thing... we might stand a chance at stopping the bad Giest. If we had an army we might be able to bring more than just a gaggle of heroes to bear against Geist and her horde of thousands of CEALs. The good Sammy spoke with me of a set of ... Hell Pillars and Ailbhe confirms it, they can be used, we hope, to replace the AC portal. Fortuitous that they exist!"

    Diamond Cald claps his hands together with the authority of one who has dealt with upstart techno wizard wanna bees for much of his life, "Lets us find the location of these Hell Pillars and recover them, hopefully the Tomorrow Legion still has them, use them to bring Ailbhe's army to aid us. While at the same time we must assault Scara's tower find a way to destroy whatever army she has created within her walls and recover the ring and if possible break the power that entraps my daughter's soul." Diamond Clad's eyes draw back to the two groups, "Do what you can and you must, help our city further if you so desire, prepare if need be and heal your wounds. Ben has set up a triage area south of here. Gather allies and information if you so have the will and means." He grips his daughter's hand tight, but the two hands seem to more meld than grip. "In three weeks time, we reconvene upon this very spot and you will tell us, the new Council of Gloom, what you choose, who goes where, will you work as two teams, mix up teams by skills, or stay with those you are familiar with, the choice is yours heroes. I, we trust you. Thank the Black Company and thank the Legion! We will go, not just for Gloom... But we go to save those we love, and the world itself from Giest!"
What does this mean for our Heroes?
  1. Post in each of the 4 following Threads as you like:
  2. Main Crossover Thread. Carry on with any RP you want to do here.
  3. Dream Time (Bennie Opportunity). Most of you have done this already.
  4. Reporting In at Castle Refuge. (Can be done by anyone, BC suggest you go).
  5. This Topic/Thread, Aftermath: Helping Gloom / Healing / Gathering Allies.
Helping Gloom
You can further help the beleaguered city during the three weeks of down time. Make a Smarts ( a good idea), agility ( skillful helping), or strength ( Heavy lifting) roll. All three rolls at -2, Provide narration, and decide on who your helping. Make up a person who can be your contact and give a description of who they are and what profession or craft they do.
  • This manner of helping will tie you up for 1 week per roll, max number of rolls are 3.
  • Each success adds to the rebuilding effort, if 15 successes are achieved the city is rebuilt in the 3 week period ( Note, it is not required for the city to be rebuilt, but the more it is rebuilt the better the city and players will be off.)
Healing
Sadly the triage center is a rather poor ramshackle facility. It is cold, damp and just in general a gloomy place, and despite Ben's best attempts it pales in comparison to the Gloom hospital which was destroyed. The hotel might have been used, but many people are now living it. The good thing is, Ben has a great stock of equipment and he himself is a skilled healer. Staying in the triage center for the week will give a player a +1 to their natural healing rolls. However, anyone staying a week will notice something is amiss, several people each week fall ill and a players timely notice check can be enough to save their lives and warn Ben of an additional complication!!
  • Healing in Gloom takes 1 week of time per natural healing roll ( assuming you do not have a faster method), max natural healing rolls is 3 ( assumes your time spent in the the triage center)
  • Each week spent helping out or in the triage center a player can make a notice roll. Each success and raise saves Gloomers life as they fall ill to a mysterious disease and the timely notice roll alters Ben so he can save their life. 5 people per week, 15 total successes needed to save them all.
    • Make your notice and describe the scene and who you save, you probably make a friend or contact for life.
  • Players have the option to instead head to Castle refuge for the debrief and spend time healing there instead. Each week spent in the castle they get a +4 to their natural healing rolls. max number of rolls are 3 ( obviously if you make a natural healing roll faster use those time tables)
  • Players can forego any healing assistance and just hangout in the wild of the city recuperating on their own, -4 to natural healing rolls per week spent out alone and roll a 1d4 each week. :mrgreen:
Gathering Allies
Diamond's Clad's words ring true with you. With three weeks before you are due to report back in Gloom, this is a perfect chance to seek out friends, and allies made along your travels and beseech them to come to your aid. Give a little narration and persuasion or intimidation roll, each contact takes one week to contact ( so max contacts 1 player can contact would be 3). Geist(13) will have a number of tokens, players will have a number of tokens(2, but easily up to 7 or more)... This is an opportunity for players to add tokens to their side.
  • The below allies just require a success and provide 1 token. But a successful persuasion roll must be made or they will not come. Special, players who roll for these can drop 2 bennies to have their persuation roll count as if they are an ally being gathered ( see below)
    • BC- Sky Pirates +1 Token
    • BC-JAL +1 Token
    • 13th the town of Silver Bluff ( Led by Bronze and Dweomer defense force)+1 Token
    • 13th Dreis Marbles Left Fan Club +1 Token
    • Citizens of Gloom- +1 Token
  • You also have the option to use your connections or the I know a guy edge...
    • Connections: Step 1 Make a streetwise check to get in contact (TN 4). Step 2 make a Persuasion Roll. Consult the table below.
      • Failure: Contacts could not devote any forces, or aid to your cause.
      • Success(4): A token force is deployed to assist you and basic aid is rendered. +1 Token for Mass Battles
      • Raise(8): A Large portion of your contacts forces is provided to aid you in your desperate hour. Or good aid is provided. +2 Token for Mass Battle
      • 2 raises (12): Most of your allies forces are sent to aid you in your glorious cause. Awesome Aid is provided. +3 Tokens for Mass Battles
      • 4 Raises (20): Your ally is with you, shoulder to shoulder, back to back. In for a penny in for a pound. They have emptied their entire force to aid you in your worthy cause giving you an army, and have provided you with 2 allied extras. +6 tokens for the Mass Battle
    • I know a Guy: You can use this sessions edge to gain contacts with a group of your choice.
      • Choose your group and follow the above rules for Contacts.
Note: each persuasion roll requires a weeks worth of time.
Players have several things they can do during the three weeks (3 weeks in game = Try to be done by January 6 or 7th please). We have just listed some of the suggested things. If there is something else you want to do, just PM your respective GM. Basically the long and short of it, is you can do 1 thing per each week of "Downtime".

As far as the Black Company is concerned, once you all report in to the Beneath the Castle Post/Thread, I will have the next GM post up, dealing with that. We are "back to normal" until we reunite with the 13th to take on Giest.

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: Beneath Castle Refuge

Post by Hans Greuber »

9 Rebuilding Successes
Week 1
  • Natural Healing at Castle Refuge (+4 due Castle Refuge, -2 due Wound Penalty)
    • Vigor: [dice]0[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
      Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice] +2 (Elan)
      Result: 13 - Success with Raise(s). 2 Wounds Healed.
Week 2
  • Making 2 Succor Gadgets and Help Re-Build the Defences
    • Succor Gadget #1
      Weird Science: [dice]3[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]4[/dice]
      Result: 7 - Success. Will give user a +4 during the 2nd or 3rd weeks, for use with fixing the City of Gloom, bonus assigned before rolling
    • Succor Gadget #2
      Weird Science: [dice]5[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]6[/dice]
      Ace: [dice]7[/dice]
      Re-Ace: [dice]8[/dice]
      Result: 16 - Success with Raise(s). Will give user a +4 during the 2nd or 3rd weeks, for use with fixing the City of Gloom, bonus assigned before rolling
    • Help Re-Build the city of Gloom's Defences (+4 due Succor Gadget, -2 due Difficulty)
      Smarts: [dice]9[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]10[/dice]
      Extra Effort: [dice]11[/dice] +2 (Elan)
      Result: 14 - Success with 2 Raises.
Week 3
  • Help Re-Build the Defences (+4 due Succor Gadget, -2 due Difficulty)
    Smarts: [dice]12[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]13[/dice]
    Extra Effort: [dice]14[/dice] (Elan)
    Ace: [dice]15[/dice]
    Re-Ace: [dice]16[/dice]
    Result: 26 - Success with 5 Raises.
After trying his Bands of Healing on his wounds from all the energies that flowed through him with the detonation of the Annihilation missiles, Hans realizes that it will take more than just magic to heal him from the deep burns he received.

Joining the group going to Castle Refuge, Hans has it in mind to charge them for the damages to the Black Company's reputation. Just the rumors of what they were supposed to have done will scare off those clients they would most want to have, as well as lower the rate any clients would pay them.

"Humble, when you get back to Gloom, clear up all of the fallen pieces of debris. Once I get back there in a week, we can work with the structures and parts of structures that are still standing to make them as defensible as possible. Maybe even make some of the defences underground..."

Once they had their meetings, Hans spent the week before going back to Gloom in the modern and fully intact medical facilities at the castle where some pretty Dwarven nurses helped him back to health.

After catching a ride back to Gloom after healing, Hans got to work. In order to make up for the lost week, Hans decided to make himself a couple of Quantum Cellular Regenerators so that he could do with just a night of sleep a week. For the next 2 weeks, Hans worked sunup to sundown to sunup to sundown for a week straight before actually going for a night's sleep; relying on magic to keep him fully functioning. He spent all the time directing Humble and the other workers in how to best repair and rebuild the defences. He even set up some properly ventilated evacuation chambers deep underground in case there were any other mass barrage of the city and underground passages between defensive positions.

"Alright, Ben, I have an offer for you. I just brought back a few casks of fine Dwarven Spirits and Ale from the castle, as well as the makings for a still to start supplying... lesser quality spirits in a week or two. Half of the casks, are for you to serve as you wish. The other half will be only available to people who have these chits I will be giving out. Most will be given out as rewards for those that are helping Humble and I rebuild the city and its defences. Rewards for the most work done, rewards for when we all have an especially productive day, and a reward when I am especially pleased with the quality of the work done. If you don't drink, I am sure somebody else will be willing to trade for your chits. Interested, Ben? If so, lets tell the citizens that may be interested in working with me what they can earn if they work especially well. This will help them get back to their normal lives too, as well as help against Geist, and any future attackers that may come this way."

Modern equipment, Humble's great strength and endurance, and Dwarven knowhow can produce what some would consider almost miracles when it comes to the reconstruction. Hans didn't just stand and watch, however, he also got his hands just as dirty as anyone else in the reconstruction efforts. At the deadline given, you couldn't really tell that the defences and the city had been decimated as opposed to having been originally chosen to be built as they now had been. They were as good as ever.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
Jitters
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Jitters »

Healing Rolls
1 Wound

Modifiers: Wound -1, Hotel Triage Area +1, net gain +0

Week One, Day One:
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

2 Wounds

Modifiers: Wound -2, Hotel Triage Area +1, net gain -1

Week One, Day Two:
Vigor [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

1 Wound

Modifiers: Wound -1, Hotel Triage Area +1, net gain +0

Week One, Day Three:
Vigor [dice]4[/dice] Ace!
Vigor Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Even though the Crazy isn't gravely wounded, he still decides to return to Castle Refuge with the others as his wounds mend so that he can make an equipment request as well. As Jitters M.O.M. implants start to kick in to repair the damage, one implant fries itself out as they try to deal with the Annihilation damage, while the next day the implants made no progress in healing the damage. Finally on the third day, the implants were able to repair the damage done not only by the spell, but also the implant when it fried itself out, as well as repair that implant too withh nanites. While he's on the mend, he attends the debrief with the rest of the 13th so that he can answer any questions as needed, then takes a small lunch (needs to eat at least 2500 calories in one sitting), then finally to talk with the quarter master to requisition a broadband multispectrum Electromagnetic Frequency Scrambler, as well as 16 repeaters.

Once he returns, he goes to talk to Jude about performing recon on Scara's Tower prior to the assaulting the it. Once he gets Jude to sign off on his mission, Jitters goes to talk to Ben and Diamond Clad to figure out what area Scara's Tower is most likely in. He chuckles when he sees a dark stain appear on his slacks at the mention of her name, but Diamond has reason to think that it's to the west.

Finding out that information, Jitters goes out looking for the bike he was riding to Gloom and finds that it somehow survived (presumably because all of the dead CEAL's that was heaped on the bike took the brunt of the blast), although it did take a few tries to get it to start and it sounded rougher than before, but they weren't called Wastelanders for nothing. He also checked the WI-GL20 Grenade Launcher he had to leave on the bike, ensuring it was still in working order. Once he was all situated, he rode out west until he got about ten miles out from area where Diamond suspected Scara's tower could have been. Jitters was surprised at how easy to find the tower, but getting there was going to difficult for one person, let alone an army. So he decided to look for an alternate route into the tower.

While doing so, he decided he to thin out the patrols in area, ambushing them and using guerilla warfare tactics, while simultaneously testing out his new armor. He honed his timing and senses to a fine point, bringing down CEAL's by the platoon. After almost a week, Jitters stumbled across a back way into the tower. Well, technically it could lead anywhere, but Jitters was absolutely certain that it lead to tower, given that it was protected by at least two platoons of CEAL's and a beast he had spied in front of Scara's Tower. Jitters started to prepare the area, using a vibro-spade to dig pits and vehicle trenches so that any vehicle driving over one gets stuck because the wheels go into shallow trenches. He brought in the broadband multispectrum Electromagnetic Frequency Scrambler, as well as theh 16 signal repeaters, to allow him to block and intercept radio transmissions between the patrols and their base. He also sets up an area near the tree line for his WI-GL20 Grenade Launcher to be used in the upcoming battle, if it was needed. Finally, for the Gate Guardian specifically, he dug a 30' diameter, 30' deep hole off of the main path so that no one would stumble in by accident, then cut a couple of trees near the bottom so that when the cuts were finished, they would fall and either land on anyone or anything in its path and push it in the hole, he then placed some transplanted shrubbery at the bottom to disguise the cuts.

Before leaving, He makes sure to take notes of any garage/motor pool areas, air fields, gaurd towers, and barracks, outposts, radio towers, and anything else of interest.
Fighting 16
[dice]7[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]8[/dice]
-2 Scene modifier (my skill die is normally 1d12+2)
-1
Benny Extra Effort [dice]9[/dice]

Total 16
Attachments
Realmwalker3.png
A lava pit that flows directly into hell.jpg
Demonic Tower.jpg
Last edited by Jitters on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:15 am, edited 9 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Humble »

With the battle over Humble knew there would be a lot of work needing done. Unfortunately he has never been very skill when it came to the complex things most people did. But he was great at following orders and could work for days without getting tired.
Looking for the guidance of how he would be most helpful Humble went looking for Hans. “I need Armor make stronger and faster. Hans help Shop?” The trip and directions took very little time for Hans to help Humble find a TW shop capable of providing what Humble needed, but the the shop was a mess and in disarray. Hearing the shopkeeper's complaints Humble offered to help clean up and do what he could spending the first day working around the clock to get things organized to a good starting point. Once he was done Humble left promising he and Han’s would return later to finish the payment and receive his much needed new armor.
With that out of the way Humble had a lot of down time for working between visits to Castle Refuge and other tasks needing done. So he set about finding Sammy or Hans. Once he did Humble was able to get instructions on how to help the city clean up efforts and working side by side with Hans they were able to set things right in a way beyond the belief of the citizens of Gloom.
Hans looking up at Humble instantly had ideas of how he could help. With devastation like this there was tons of building no longer safe and tons of rubble and stuff needing cleared. Having someone with the strength of a small forklift but the dexterity of a human would be invaluable for quickly loading and moving that debris and rubble. Within no time work was found for him and Humble jumped in full bore. Working endlessly only taking time to stop when needed for food and getting new directions he fell into the labor losing track of time as he did what was needed.
Helps Rebuild Gloom for 8 Successes
Week 1: Helping Gloom Clean Up and Rebuild 14-2 = 12 for 3 successes
  • Strength [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Week 2: Helping Gloom Clean Up and Rebuild 19-2 = 17 for 4 Successes
  • Strength [dice]3[/dice]
    Wild [dice]4[/dice] Ace [dice]5[/dice] Ace Aced [dice]6[/dice]
Week 3: Helping Gloom Clean Up and Rebuild 9-2 = 7 for 1 success
  • Strength [dice]7[/dice]
    Wild [dice]8[/dice]
    Benny to reroll
    • Strength [dice]9[/dice]
      Wild [dice]10[/dice]
.
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:59 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Samson Malach »

Castle Refuge Healing
Natural healing, 1 wound, with Castle bonus - net +3
[dice]0[/dice]

Ace Healing with prior
[dice]2[/dice]

2nd Ace Healing
[dice]3[/dice]

WD healing
[dice]1[/dice]
A quick trip to Castle Refuge with the rest of the Black Company goes well for Samson. His wounds heal rather quickly, and he's as right as rain in no time. Taking the opportunity while there, he sends messages to certain individuals with which he has a relationship.
Connections Contact 1
Streetwise, contact 1
[dice]4[/dice]

WD Streetwise, contact 1
[dice]5[/dice]

Ace WD with prior
[dice]6[/dice]

2nd Ace WD
[dice]7[/dice]

Persuasion, contact 1 with Powerful Presence and Charisma - spending benny to use Spirit
[dice]8[/dice]

Benny for extra effort with prior result and Elan
[dice]10[/dice]

WD Persuasion, contact 1
[dice]9[/dice]
Samson arranges, during his time away from Gloom and at Castle Refuge, to dispatch a request for an emergency meeting of Glitter Boy Pilots Union Local TK-421. The union boss, a guy named Frank Hauffa, reluctantly agrees. Samson manages to commandeer a spare hovercycle from the Legion motor pool and arrives at the arranged meeting hall in a small village 20 miles from the castle. Hauffa impatiently calls the meeting to order. "It's about time, Malach. You got some nerve pulling us all here. What's this about?"
Samson stands up in front of the assembled board and attending members, each and every one of them, a glitter boy pilot. "Friends, I come here, hat in hand -" One of the rowdier pilots shouts at him, "YOU GOT NO HAT!" The rest of the pilots laugh. Samson grins. "Yeah, I left my hat in Lazlo. Cut me some slack. Listen. I know the storied history of the glitter boys. They were all that kept this planet and mankind from becoming slaves to demons, or worse, extinct. They still fight for something good, but it's all scattered. A little thing here. A warlord there. A grateful town of 300 people. The little things add up, I know. But really, it doesn't suit the glitter boy. Most of what's being done now can be done by a Flying Titan with a brand new pilot." A voice from the crowd shouts out. "You bite your tongue!"
Samson holds up his hand. "You know what I mean. Look. There's something big coming. 'Days of old' type stuff. I'm not here to waste your time. I'm here to ask the glitter boys to stand in the gap again. I know you all heard of Gloom. Word travels. Near the whole town wiped out. We're working on rebuilding, but it's gonna be for nothing if we can't stop the one who started it in the first place. She's a world beater. Half-undead juicers. Dead allies rising to fight against you as soon as they fall. And magic. Hateful magic. Nasty, terrible stuff.
The glitter boys need to show the world what they're made of again. YOU GUYS need to show the world what you're made of."
A couple of the cockier pilots protest. "We know what we're made of. Let this witch come. We got a little present for her."
Samson shakes his head. "No, guys. That's not it. You don't get it. If she's not stopped where she stands right now, then a dozen of you banded together won't be able to even slow her down. No. She needs to be stopped with a show like you've never seen. You need to show the world what you're made of, or else you won't have a world to protect. Her kind of wrath incinerates planets. Nothing left.
The glitter boys need to march to war. Glory like the old days, but not glory for glory's sake. Glory that comes from a real contest for the life of this earth. Call in the other unions. Let the earth shake with the sound of boom gun volleys putting down pure evil. For humanity. For d-bees. For all of us. For life."

The room remains silent. Hauffa stands up. "Get outta here, Malach. Take a powder."
Samson glances around, looking each pilot in the eyes. He lets out a short sigh. "Frankie. You know where to find me."

Several days later, as he's marveling at the magnificence of Castle Refuge, a kid runs up to him. "Message, mister." He hands off a hand-written note and runs off.

The glitter boys will stand in the gap one more time. See you in Gloom, Malach.

A smile spreads across Samson's face.
Connections Contact 2
Streetwise, contact 2
[dice]11[/dice]

WD Streetwise
[dice]12[/dice]

Ace WD
[dice]13[/dice]

Persuasion, benny to use Spirit in place of skill
[dice]14[/dice]

WD Persuasion
[dice]15[/dice]

Ace WD with prior
[dice]16[/dice]

Benny for Extra effort with prior and Elan
[dice]17[/dice]

Ace Extra Effort with prior
[dice]18[/dice]
Samson is enjoying his time at the castle. Pretty girls of a variety of races, good food in the mess hall. Sight better than CS prison food. Cruel and unusual, that stuff. Plus, it looks like the Legion is showing some bit of remorse for the false accusations, not that Samson bore the brunt of that unpleasantness. He's experiencing the hospitality of a remorseful host. He's also spending his time wisely, sending out messages and communiques to anyone that will listen. He finally gets a hit on one he'd been hoping to reach. Valmordo, the leader of the Federation of Magic resistance / anti-Dunscon front has arranged a meeting. Taking some liberties with another hovercycle, Samson makes his way east towards the Mississippi ley line. Almost a day's ride gets him to the rendezvous point. The sight before him is frightening. An army of the Federation of Magic is working their way westward. Samson hides his hovercycle far enough away so as not to be even a curiosity. Then he hears a noise behind him. He turns, pistol drawn. Valmordo, a stately elven gentleman clad in clearly altered combat mage armor, raises his hands. "You asked me here, Malach. Are you intending to kill me for the courtesy of granting you an audience?"
Samson lowers the pistol. "Sorry, friend. I still don't have eyes in the back of my head. Not like I could have hit you anyway. Good to see you." Valmordo nods. "So...what is this, V? It looks like the City of Brass is marching to war! Could you people have worse timing?"
Valmordo smiles. "The City of Brass believes they are. Most of these people are mine. I believe Dunscon is under the impression he intends to attack Castle Refuge. The madman has no idea that we've infiltrated so deeply. I received your messages. I know of the danger of Geist in Gloom. Honestly, this has been a concern of mine for some time. The necromancer, in particular, is an affront to what we stand for."
Samson blinks. "You set this up." Valmordo nods, and smiles. "We have not forgotten your assistance with the cause. Your situation is dire, and you'll have need of plenty of allies. We will answer that call. Not just for you, but for those who wish to remain free and alive. This threat must be stopped. The Federation Resistance forces will simply march past the castle on our way to Gloom. I suspect Lord Coake will be pleasantly surprised that he doesn't have to defend against all of us. I doubt the castle would have withstood us."
Samson grins. "The world owes you one, Val. Thank you." The elf bows to Samson. "May the four winds guide you and keep you safe, Samson Malach. You will always have a friend in the City of Brass."
Last edited by Samson Malach on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samson Malach
Samson Malach character sheet
Bennies: 3 (+2 interlude & dream, +1 post rate, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, +2 assist Vello, -1 EE Scara's Tower, -1 soak Scara's Tower, +1 saving the complications, -1 Spirit for Stealth, -2 Stealth rerolls, +1 murder wraith music, +1 portal / Scara's tower scene, -1 Scara's tower EE notice for loot, +1 for joker, -1 EE Fighting murder wrait, -1 reroll damage, +1 EP spent, -1 EE Mind Control, +1 stairway, -1 EE crossing bridge, +1 Fate's End post, +1 Black Burger, +1 final battle scene, +1 megaversal legion pic, -1 EE smarts, -1 EE shooting, +1 final round)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
ISP: 40 / 40
Parry: 6
Toughness: 29 (18) (Iron Mage Glitter Boy armor)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Quick, Brave, Elan, Telemechanics, Ambidextrous
Weapon in hand: Ringil
Weapon in holster: Iceblast Shotgun
Adventure Cards:
  • Flesh Wound: Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene".
    Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
    Arcane Inspiration: ***PLAYED***When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action, or use a power he doesn't have.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Week 1 Healing at Castle Refuge
Natural Healing roll: -3 for wounds, +4 for facilities
Vigor [dice]0[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]2[/dice] ACE [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Vigor [dice]1[/dice]

Raise = 2 Wounds back. If he could get three on one roll, I'd spend the bennie. Ah, well, it's still rather nice.

Libertas arrives at Castle Refuge less than happy about the situation, and is immediately put under high-level medical restrictions. The staff is particularly vexed by the unnatural energies coursing through his body, preventing any sort of magical healing from helping restore the ugly injuries. As such, he's on ordered bed-rest, which means the medical staff has to deal with verbal sniping from the Techno-Wizard as he grumbles about the time being lost.

And then, as if by sheer force of will, he actually does improve, markedly--after a single week's stay, he's almost entirely restored to health, though there's still a niggling weakness in his joints.

Possibly his greatest regret, of course, is that he wasn't at the briefing proper to make clear his own estimation of Elle of Owl's much-vaunted 'Mystic Awareness'. Still, he has the sense to know when the moment has passed, and so doesn't bother to seek her out now.

Week 2 Healing Success, Investigation Double-Raise
Techno-Wizardry: Midnight Oil Lamp (to cast succor): +2 Edges, +2 Machine Maestro, -1 Wound, net +3
Build Roll: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Build: [dice]5[/dice]
Raise: Built Succor Gadget with 18 PPE. Trapping on Succor effect: Used prior to making a Vigor roll to resist Fatigue (from sleep-deprivation only), it eliminates the actual roll (and therefore the odds of a critical Failure).

Multi-Action:
Healing: -2 for MAP, -1 for Wound, +4 for facilities: Net Vigor +1
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]

Investigation into the Necromancer: -4 for Situation/MAP, +4 from using Midnight Oil Lamp to double investigation time
Investigation [dice]9[/dice]
Wild Investigation [dice]8[/dice]
Extra Effort Running Total [dice]10[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]11[/dice]
.
Having (mostly) recovered, and turned his wit to annoying his doctors, Lib gains permission to go down and spend much of his days in the library. Of course, as a man on a mission, that's hardly going to be enough. Using one of the Cloaks he recently acquired, he also sneaks out each night, passing down into the library's more restricted areas, and turning on his newly created Midnight Oil Lamp--Quantum Cellular Regenerator, my red-headed starfish--we were making these things back in the workshops of Stormspire as children.--to remain awake through the wee hours.

He starts, of course, with the writings of Erin Tarn. Sure, she may never have met Scara personally (though, frankly, it wouldn't be shocking to learn she had), but there's usually references of any power-player, buried somewhere in the writings. And those can lead to other names, associates and enemies alike, many of whom, themselves, have written things down.

Eyes burning with anticipation as he cracks open yet another copy of some warlock's diary, he smiles, murmuring in the dark room. "I will unriddle you, and I will unmake your workings."
Week 3, Fetch the Stick
So, the first part of the following is the transcript of a Hangouts convo run between Lib and Max. After that, Max rolls Tracking to aid Lib's Streetwise to try and track down Roland.

Scene Mod: -2. Max's Co-operative bonus: +4. Lib, using the Headband, gets +1 Streetwise rolls and +1 Charisma boost. Net total: +4

Streetwise [dice]12[/dice]
Wild Streetwise [dice]13[/dice]
Extra Effort Benny [dice]14[/dice]
Still pre-dawn in Gloom when Libertas shows up, apparently hale and hearty (at least, as hale and hearty as the consumate tech-nerd ever gets), knocking on Max's door.

Max rouses himself from what ends up being just another short nap and opens the door, finding Libertas standing there, apparently no worse for the wear from the missile shower a few weeks back. "Lib. You're up late...early? You're up at a ridiculous hour. What's up, besides you?"

Lib nods. "I just got back from Castle Refuge--I've been doing some research on that damned--" there's an infinitesimal pause "--witch, Scara, and I found out something. You remember that jackass Roland that Rene insisted we bring back from the dead? He was part of Scara's group, and he was the last one seen with this staff she had--nasty, dark, evil magic thing. Kind of a twisted, evil version of this one." He motions with the very new staff he's carrying, a techno-wizardry marvel that pulses with dark, sinister energy that tickles Max's nose in unpleasant ways. And the one they're going after is the EVIL version? "So, I want you to help me ask around, and even if he's gone, we might get lucky and pick up his trail, figure out where he's been."

Max shakes his head vigorously, obviously having just smelled something terrible. "Fleas and ticks, man, point that thing somewhere else! It reeks!" He snorts a few times to clear the scent from his nose. "Ugh. Yeah, I remember that guy. Guess pumping our blood into him wasn't our best plan."

He shrugs. "Sure. I think I've made a few friends around town. I'll shake some trees, see what we can get to fall. Can't have gotten far, right?"

He squints a little bit at Libertas. "Uh...what's with the new stick, anyway? I don't know techno-wizardry from kitty litter, but that doesn't look like your handiwork. Or is this a new phase for you?"

Lib takes a quick sniff of the staff, but then shrugs and nods. "I'll come with, see if I can give you a little support. I'm not known locally, but I'm a street kid, and streets are all the same in the end, you know?" He blinks at the question. "Oh, no, man--I made this at the end of the battle. It's how I got all those kids from the orphanage inside. Yeah, it's some cutting-edge work--really, unique in its own right, and frankly, probably impossible to recreate, even for me. But don't worry, it's perfectly safe." He nods, eagerly. "How soon can you be ready? I'll go down, get us some food to take on the road." Okay, he's REALLY wanting to get on the road--he just offered to buy breakfast!

He nods at the workmanship. "Well, it's got a funny scent to it, but you know what you're doing. Just...I don't know. Be careful with it, or something?" Max's eyes perk up a little, and his tail wags. "Food? Yeah, I can do food. Give me five minutes to suit up. Front lobby in 6?"

"See you there!" He heads down to make the purchases.
He also leaves a note under the door to Cantrell's room.

"Boss: I'm back, hale and hearty. Tell Jude I'm sorry about what I said about his grandmother. He did good ordering me to go with you, maybe give him a peck on the cheek. He'll be over the moon. Max and I are going to be trying to locate some uber-weapon that Scara wants, before she has a chance to get ahold of it. Don't worry, we'll call in for backup if trouble arises, and report in if we manage to snag it. Oh, someone from Castle Refuge might be calling you, wanting to talk about patients who sneak out of the infirmary, or about going into the library after hours. They might also mention something about toppled bookshelves and such. Don't worry, all the books were fine.
==Libertas
PS: I know we're all hugs and kisses with the Black Company, but you probably want to keep this bit under your helmet for right now. They're allies, but they're still mercenaries, and uber-weapons sell for a good price on the black market, y'know?"

And so the two of them head into Gloom, Max's ultra-keen sense of smell picking up Roland's two-week-old trail surprisingly well, at least at first. Then they move through the streets, asking questions and trying their best to locate Roland--or at least, figure out where he might've stashed Scara's Staff. For the next week, the two of them visit what seems like every building still standing in the city's outer ring, trying to track down the elusive AC Board Member....
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

User avatar
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 am
Location: Chicago suburbs

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Jude Maverick »

WEEK 1
Healing 7 Success
-1 Wound, +1 medical treatment
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Notice 14 2 Raises
-1 Wound
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Jude took his own advice to Libertas and stopped by the triage center. He wasn’t happy to be told he needed bedrest to fully deal with the strange wound. He was supposed to be leading the 13th and helping construction efforts while Cantrell was gone.

Jude gathered what he could to work on and spent the week working from bed. At least he lucked out and got placed next to two of the cheerleaders that had been rescued with the local Gloom basketball team. He struck up a flirtatious conversation with the beautify Hispanic and Asian cheerleaders.

On the second day, Jude was studying one of the reports he’d been given when he glanced over at Maria where she slept. Her breathing became labored, and a small, glittering cloud seemed to come out every time she exhaled.

“Oh, that can’t be good,” Jude murmured. He slipped out of bed and went over to the beautiful Hispanic woman, putting a hand on her shoulder. It was hot to touch.

“Maria, are you okay?” He gave her a little shake, and she rolled onto her back, her eyes opening slightly. Jude saw a swirl of colors in her glassy stare.

“Ben!” Jude yelled for the squid healer. He got out of the way as they treated Maria, managing a little prayer for her recovery.

A couple days later, Jude noticed colorful swatches of skin on Dani Kim’s body, the other cheerleader. She coughed, too, hacking up a colorful bit of mucus, the tips of her dark hair changing blue.

Jude called Ben over again. He was happy to know that he had saved the lives of the two cheerleaders.

***

WEEK 2
Smarts 8 Raise
-2 scene modifier
Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]8[/dice]
Once free of the hospital, Jude spent the next week getting his various projects under way. One of the biggest was to ensure Gloom had a safe source of drinking water. Much of the local water was contaminated by the Annihilation energy, but Jude had a few ideas about that. He found Alexandra Bright among the survivors. She was a techno-wizard formerly employed by the Arcane Company. Jude remembered how the Silver Bluff water supply system had been rigged up. He didn’t understand the details, but did the high concept. Alexandra filled in the holes. She was brilliant, sexy, and the two hit it off. Jude had to keep from getting lost in her blue eyes or her reaching out to caress her black hair. He wasn’t always successful, and more than one study break was taken in the back seat of the 13th’s Mountaineer.

But they got a system rigged up to filter the water through an arcane charged crystal filter that would remove the Annihilation spell energy. The managed to rig up some cisterns to hold the purified water and a pumping system so residents could draw it.

***

WEEK 3
OOC Comments
Using I Know a Guy Edge.
Streetwise 17 3 Raises
+2 Renown
Streetwise [dice]9[/dice]
Wild [dice]10[/dice]
Persuasion 33 7 Raises
+2 Renown
Persuasion [dice]11[/dice]
Ace [dice]13[/dice]
Wild [dice]12[/dice]
Jude continued with other projects during the week when someone told them they had travelers arriving in town. Jude wandered out to watch the Mountaineer drive into town and three people get out. The driver was young, a wet behind the ears cyber-knight. The second was a much older cyber-knight, who looked half asleep or drunk as he stumbled out of the passenger side. From the back stepped a tall, leggy, gorgeous HIspanic woman.

“Well, I’ll be damned…” Jude muttered. “Sister Penelope Mendoza? Is that you?” Jude asked, stepping forward. “And Sir Pedro? God, you get uglier each time I see you, old man!”

The old cyber-knight chuckled, straightening his back.

“And I don’t know your young padawan,” Jude said, glancing at the young man.

“This is my nephew, Augustin,” the woman said. Though she wore medium cyber-knight armor, she didn’t wear the insignia of the cyber-knights, but rather that of the Magdalenas, an order of mystics that took in young, orphaned girls with talent and trained them to be holy warriors for the church. “Augustin is Pedro’s squire.”

“Augustin is a twit!” Pedro grunted. “God damn got us lost!”

Augustin flushed. Jude couldn’t tell if it was shame or anger.

“Damn, Pedro. You have a squire? They haven’t put you out to pasture yet?”

Pedro spat something black and viscous. “Tried it. Didn’t take. Too orn’ry.”

Jude laughed. “That I would believe.”

“Good to see you again, Jude,” Penelope said, coming up and giving him a long, lingering kiss.

Jude grinned as they came up for air. “You too, Penny.”

And then she slapped him.

“I deserved that,” Jude said with a wry smile.

Sister Penelope grinned.

“So what brings you to what remains of Gloom?” Jude asked. “Come on up to the hotel. I’ll scrounge up a drink. Afraid the bar kind of got busted up.”

Pedro glared at Jude. “You tease a man with tequila, an’ then sayin’ there’s no tequila?”

Jude swallowed. “Um...I might be able to find some…”

Pedro grinned. “Don’t worry, amigo. I got plenty.” He reached into the Mountaineer and pulled out a case of tequila.

“He’s been drinking the whole way,” Augustin said in a scared whisper.

Jude led them into the dining hall and scrounged up some glasses. Pedro poured tequila generously.

“So what happened here, Jude?” Penelope asked.

Jude sighed. “Bitch named Geist, the mayor, decided to magically nuke the place. Not sure why. We saved a lot, but not enough. Now we’re gearing up to go after her and this Scara woman, a necromancer.” Jude gave them a brief rundown of what they knew.

“Do you think New Alamo could lend a hand?” Jude asked.

Penny worried her lip and looked at the cyber-knights. Pedro was half passed out. Augustin looked eager.

“I do not know, Jude,” Penelope admitted. “Vampire activity has increased around New Alamo. New Del Rio was nearly wiped off the map. A call for heroes is out, and we return to help keep our home safe.”

“I understand,” Jude said with a nod. “Just...let me give you a tour of the place and tell you more. Maybe you can help out with the sick and dying.”

Jude tossed back his tequila. They left Pedro to sleep it off, and Jude showed Sister Penelope and Squire Augustine around the destroyed city, telling them about how they have helped in rebuilding efforts, and how a mysterious sickness was plaguing the victims of the Annihilation spell. Sister Penelope’s full lips pursed thinly, the crease between her eyebrows deepening the more she heard. She crossed herself and said prayers over people as they went, offering healing to help Ben out in the triage tent.

Finally they returned to the hotel to retrieve Pedro and walked back to the Mountaineer.

“I will present your case to the council, Jude. We will tell them of the dire threat this Geist and Scara present and see what aid we can offer.”

“Gracias, mi amiga,”Jude said, giving Penny a hug. “We can use all the help we can get.”

As the cyber-knights got into the truck, Penny paused getting in herself. “Your son is doing well, by the way, Jude,” she said.

Jude froze, blinking, staring at the mystic. “My...son?”

Penelope grinned. “Gotcha, Maverick!” She laughed.

Jude deflated, then joined her in laughing. “You holy bitch.”

Penny smirked. “Perhaps that will teach you to stay out of the novice house and corrupting the young ladies.”

“Perhaps,” Jude said with a wink. “As I recall, I didn’t hear you complaining too much.”

Penelope had the grace to blush. “Touche.” She kissed him again. “I hope to see you soon, Jude.”

Jude watched the Mountaineer bound off, back to New Alamo, and hoped help would come. Some cyber-knights and mystics would be a great help against a necromancer and undead minions.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

User avatar
sammy
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by sammy »

The breifing

Sammy perched in the corner listening to the Legion breifing, when and if it was his turn to speak on the behalf of the BC he gave an accounting of his first moments on the cold planet of Amrok IV and his eventual meeting of the BC. He took the cheif through the massive battle with the hammers and the fight vs Geist and her deaths head transport.
Sammy's voice is tired by the end and full of emotion dredging up his former team the 2nd.
" Look, Cheif, long and short of it is, if you want to still hang the BC you better start with me first. Because I will be the first to stop anyone from coming after them. I reckon, some one out their is doing a bang up frame job on the black company... But the way I see it, on that hall of heroes you have on the wall out in the court yeard for folks that have done their part you best chisel in the members of the second, followed by the members of the black company and the 13th... If Thrudh is just some astrick, nameless and forgotton I will tear this place apart!" Sammy's fury lights up a few candels and oil lamps in the room making it that much brighter. Sammy nods at the members of the BC and the 13th.
Week 1 roll, cyberknight contacts, persuation 16
contacts(cyberknights) streetwise=6(just barely, I aint no maverick) [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice], benny for ef [dice]2[/dice]
Contacts (cyberknights, success on streetwise)=16(success and 4 raises!) Persuation [dice]3[/dice] wild [dice]4[/dice] benny for extra effort [dice]5[/dice] ace [dice]6[/dice]
Later in the evening Lord Coake is up on the top castle balcony looking out accross the landscape. He smiles and turns to look at the cat Sammy approaching from the battlement. " Whats on your mind Sammy? More pyrotechnics?"

Sammy grins at Lord Coake, the leader of cyberknights, " I thought you said, if it was pressing you would be available... You are very hard to track down."

Coake shakes his regal head and leans over the balcony resting and refocusing his gaze eastward. " I must remain a constant vigil Sammy, dark clouds surround us now. The federation marches towards us... However, your conflict with Geist makes me think Geist's old allies in the federation march to her aid and not on the castle itself." Lord Coake sighs, " The call for heroes has been issued from the vampire kingdoms. I suspect Doc Reid has some kind of task that needs to be accomplished. I sent one of my own, Spartacus into those lands, but he has not reported back." Coake cracks a smile and chuckles, " I spoke to Sir Pedro this morning, he and one of the Magdelanas of New Alamo are staying in the castle discussing what if any aid they should send forth for this call of heroes. Sister Penelope was very interested in knowing where Jude Maverick was. I suspect should they venture to gloom they may instead by persuaded to empty the entire force of mystics and psyberknights, plus all the footsoldiers and holy warriors they can muster. Almost 6000 troops they could lend... They could leave the vampire kingdosm in a precarious position should Jude's silver toungue reach the sister's ears."

Sammy listens intently to the venerated cyber knight say his peace. Sammy squares him up and hops up onto the balcony railing next to him. Easy going Sammy starts in, " What about the other knights, the ones who fell from grace? Will put out word to all of them far and wide to make haste to Gloom. There arms are sorely needed if we have a prayer to save the city and stop Geist. She is a world beater."

Lord Coake shakes his head no. " They will not come, they did not listen to me prior to the war of Tolkeen, they will not listen to me now. They sided with deevils, necromancers, demonix and lost too much of what made them gold in that war."

Sammy's eyes light up with fire, and he howls at Lord Coake, " You forced them into a position they could not defend. Not taking sides or rather taking no side is hogwash. What would have happened if the venerated Lord Coake was leading the forces of Tolkeen? Would the pact with devils and demons have been made? You and I both know the real reason you did not take a side..." Sammy's voice grows hushed just a whisper. " Duriel... In Carlesbad, after Vello beat you in chess and everyone else retired for the night. You played one more game... I was up in the rafters unlooked for but I saw enough of that game to know... To know why you did not take a side."

Lord Coake laughs a full belly laugh, "I always expected you knew given your rather curt attitude towards me." Lord Coake sighs, " What would you have me do Sammy?"

Sammy eyes him and gives a lopsided grin, " Send word to every Justicar, lawdog, half drunk, fallen knight and tell them they are those that follow them are needed once again. Invite them back into the order if you have too. It is time to swollow that pride and make good for what you caused. Tell them to make ready and head to Gloom with due haste, the fate of this workd rests on their action."

Lord Coake nodds swiftly, " Done Sammy, perhaps 3000 knights will head your call and bring those they can, or perhaps none will come..."

Sammy bounds away and Lord Coake calls after him with parting words, " I will be unable to... Take a side. I can send the word forth but you will have to rally them."
Sammy shakes his head. Fraking Duriel and chess. That is why I don't play with extra dimensional beings!
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat

User avatar
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Maximilian »

Week 1
Spending the week with young Alex in triage, Notice roll to save lives
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

Extra Effort notice with Elan and prior result

[dice]2[/dice]
Max takes most of the first week and spends it in Triage, helping Alex recover from his wounds. They spend the day talking, and Max does whatever he can to ease the boy's pain. "So, listen. I'm so well trained...here, watch this." He hands Alex a piece of beef jerky. "I won't do this trick for just anybody. And don't tell anyone I did this trick, besides the dozens of people who can see me right now, okay? Alright. Now...put that beef jerky on my nose. Riiight...there. Good. Now, I will leave this piece of jerky right here until you tell me to get it, and then I'll snatch it without using my hands." The kid chuckles a little bit, and waits. "Right. Just say when." Alex just continues to grin at Max. "Alex, any time. Just say 'get it' and I'll scarf it down right now." Alex begins laughing harder and harder, but says nothing. Max starts tapping his feet. "Kid, you get the trick, right? You're supposed to tell me to get it. What are you waiting for?!" At this point, the boy is almost hysterical, pointing and laughing. "Right. I get it. I look like a fool sitting here with jerky on my nose." Alex nods and laughs, his spirits much brighter for the humor. He finally musters an out-of-breath "get it!" at which point Max swiftly moves his snout to one side, then back, biting down on the jerky and impressing any onlookers. "Yeah, that's right. I'll be here all week, folks."

The day passes mostly the same way, with Max telling jokes, funny stories, and playing some rousing games of fetch with the bedridden citizens. Towards the evening, as lights out approaches, Max catches a different scent. Something different than just open wounds and soaked gauze.
Something arcane.
A human male in his early 30s begins a hacking cough that, Max notices, belches out this strange arcane smell. Looking closer, a cloud of glittering purple and green dust sprays into the air with each cough. The man then stops breathing entirely. "Doc? Doc! Ben! BEN! Hey! That guy there! He's coughing up something magic. Check him!" Ben rushes to his side and administers...some kind of medicine Max isn't familiar with, but the man's breathing resumes, and sounds much clearer than it did before. The squid, satisfied that the man was saved nods to Max. "That's Eldon Slayback. He's an engineer and grease monkey. Kept most of the AC's non-magical machines moving, before the Annihilation. That was some catch there. You saved his life. I had him marked as stable and recovering. He will, now."
The man turns his head towards Max. He tries to say something, but the voice doesn't leave his lips. The look in his eyes make reading his lips easy, though. Thank you he mouths. Max nods and smiles.
Ben walks back towards the other side of the triage area. Max, on a lark, decides to stroll through the beds, checking to see if any others have taken on the same affliction. Sure enough, a woman, burned on one half of her body, begins convulsing silently. Max watches for a moment as the burn wound actually begins to spread, despite being bandaged and actively tended to. "HEY BEN! This woman's burn is opening up! Hurry!" With the slap, slap of Ben's multiple feet scampering across the floor, he arrives and begins administering more of his abnormal medicine. "Congratulations. You're hired. You just saved her life too. Liana Markez was in acquisitions at the AC. I don't know how you're finding this stuff, but stick around. These people need you."
Max shrugs. "I don't know. I just follow my nose. Gotta keep my buddy over there entertained. I'm the reason he almost died." Ben shakes his head. "That would be Viggo, not you. You don't know where that kid would end up if he wasn't running with you. His being in here just saved two lives, because you were here. Relax. It's a dangerous world."
Max pauses a moment, then nods. "I guess you're right. Thanks."

Satisfied with his good deed, Max bids Alex a good night and heads out to visit Nadine and lock her down for the evening. Taking note that the rebuilding efforts seem to be going at an impressive pace under the coordination and magic of the Black Company's dwarf and ogre combo, he decides to keep Nadine buttoned up. He takes his sleeping bag and sets up in a corner of the triage area where he can watch for signs of this arcane after-effect of the Annihilation spell.
Week 2
Notice to watch the triage area
[dice]3[/dice]

Benny for extra effort with Elan and prior result
[dice]5[/dice]

Ace extra effort with prior
[dice]6[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]4[/dice]
Max spends the entirety of the next week in the triage unit, only eating when Alex makes him. He saves several people who take immediate and unexpected turns for the worse, each with a variety of strange symptoms, but all seemingly related to the Annihilation effects. Ben's feet slapping against the floor is a commonplace sound as Max smells the strange illnesses almost before they manifest. Each time, Ben offers thanks and identifies the patient by name. Human, d-bee, none are safe from the sickness, and no pattern seems to emerge.

"That is Arvegil Lindir. An elf magician of more than meager skill. He shouldn't even be in here in the first place, but the Annihilation doesn't seem to understand that elves of his kind are immune to sickness. It almost claimed him, except for you."

"Grug Spinethrasher. Don't know if you've run into many orcs, but this guy is the chief of an orcish tribe. They've been selling their services as mercenaries, mostly for brute force where it was needed. There was plenty of work for them around here." The orc speaks in broken English. "Grug lives to fight. You saved Grug. Grug and tribe remember."

Max paces around almost out-of-body, taking in deep breaths through the nose, trying to catch a hint of the now-familiar scent. He gets another hit and rushes to the side of a dog boy. He calls out for Ben, then stops short.

"Punch me in the face and call me Fido. Rex Gurnhund." Ben works quickly, addressing the deep hacking cough and sinister-colored mucus spewing into the air. Before too much longer, the schnauzer dog boy's eyes open, and the look of recognition takes hold. He whispers from hoarse lungs. "Maximilian, you flea-bitten son of a bitch. Just my luck you'd be standing over me with a hand in saving my life. Wasn't enough you had to steal Nadine from me. Now you rub it in my face? Why not give me fleas too, whelp?"

Max grits his teeth, and his hackles rise. "Ben, maybe we let the Annihilation take its course with this one? I think he's rabid. Better put him down." Ben raises whatever serves for an eyebrow, shakes his head, and moves on. "I didn't steal her, you cur. You're insufferable to be around. Also, I'm so, SO good looking. You...you're shaggy."
Rex's voice gives out as he curses back at Max, only managing to push out a hoarse squeak. "Oh, what's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of your lung collapsing. Shut your face and go to sleep. Or chase a cat into traffic. I don't care which."

Max turns to leave, but Rex grabs him by the arm. "We're working together." Max wheels around. "We who?" Rex grins. "You know damn well."
Max shouts at the feeble dog boy. "Where is she?!" Rex releases Max's arm and lies back into his bed. "Everywhere. She's probably watching you right now. She's high and mighty. Don't know why she would even bother with you anymore. She always did have a soft spot for the runt."
Max growls. "Good to see you, too, Rex. I'll just be over there if you decide to accidentally choke to death on your own ego." He turns to walk away.
Rex coughs a bit, and manages to force out a last, wheezing sentence, before Max walks away. "She might help."

Max doesn't break stride, continuing his rounds. In the back of his mind, though, the thought of seeing Nadine perked up his spirits. His tail didn't stop wagging for the rest of the day...or even the week.
Week 3
Tracking with scent bonus +2, scene modifier -2, net zero bonus
[dice]7[/dice]

WD Tracking
[dice]8[/dice]

Ace WD tracking with prior
[dice]9[/dice]

2nd Ace WD tracking with prior
[dice]10[/dice]

Benny for extra effort with prior and Elan
[dice]11[/dice]
Max spends his third week running around with Libertas, sniffing the streets around the still-standing portions of Gloom, hoping to find a magic stick that smells even worse than the one Libertas is carrying. I know I'm the king of fetch and all, but this is one stick I wouldn't mind not finding. Lib's stick smells like death and moldy cheese.
Last edited by Maximilian on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:19 am, edited 10 times in total.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger

User avatar
Cantrell
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell spends the better part of the first week at Castle Refuge, debriefing and recovering from the installation of a couple of cybernetic systems. The wired reflexes leave her feeling buzzed, like the amphetamines the Coalition used to hand out during extended combat engagements, but the cyber-doc said that should eventually wear off. The wired skill port and the "Master Sharpshooter" chip she has slotted is even stranger -- she finds her eyes unconsciously focusing on weak points, vital organs, armor joints and other targets of opportunity.

Always looking for the killshot, she thinks, as she gathers her gear to return to Gloom.

Along with her personal gear, she's got a dozen crates of rifles and spare e-clips. Nothing fancy, but enough for what she plans next.
Actions and Rolls
Week 1: Visiting Castle Refuge, getting purchased cybernetics installed (Cyber-Wired Reflexes and Wired Skill Port). No recovery rolls needed due to automatic wound healing from Nano-Repair System.
Week 2: Recruiting locals into Gloom Defense Force
Persuasion [dice]0[/dice]+2-2 =
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]+2-2 =
Ace! [dice]4[/dice]
Total Persuasion = 9, Success with a Raise
Week 3: Training recruits to shoot
Shooting [dice]2[/dice]+4+2+2-2 =
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]+4+2+2-2 =
Ace! [dice]5[/dice]
Total Shooting = 13, Success with 2 Raises

Week 2: Persuasion Success and a Raise to recruit Citizens of Gloom
Her first week back in Gloom, almost seven days after the Annihilation spell cut the heart out of the city, Cantrell finds herself in a makeshift soup kitchen, handing out sandwiches to those left homeless or otherwise in need by the recent destruction. Next to her is a stack of Drei Marbles Left apparel -- t-shirts, hoodies and leather jackets -- hastily modified with patches that read "Gloom Defense Force."

"I'm really no good at this shit," she mutters to the beetle-faced D-bee standing next to her.

"Ah, hearts and minds, Cantrell, hearts and minds!" Vrib says, mandibles waving in the air excitedly. Vrib, most often called Vrib the Glib (by himself, anyway) was one of the D-bees known as Fingertooths. Until the recent unpleasantness, he'd been a huckster working the street outside the Lotus Lounge, hawking prophylactics and "enhancement" pills. Cantrell found him in the Pinnacle's lobby, trying to sell real estate parcels in the devastated area.

"Have you heard folks! The members of Drei Marbles Left have personally endorsed the reconstruction of Gloom and promised to launch their next reunion tour right here at the Pinnacle! But we gotta get the place back in shape, tip-top, and keep it safe 'til then. That's where you come in! Old, young, even if you got more fingers than brain cells, Gloom needs you! We're putting together a group of citizens to help defend our fair city, and Drei Marbles Left fans go to the front of the line! We've even adopted the Drei Marbles Left logo into our patch! Word is, the band's gonna name their next album Gloom Defense Force! Discounts are almost certainly, likely, and potentially forthcoming!"

Cantrell stands back, smiling awkwardly in her armor, as the little alien makes his pitch. After an hour, she's convinced Vrib must be using psionics to draw locals into line to sign up. After two hours they're out of shirts and have to issue IOUs for more. By the end of the day, she's got enough volunteers for a dozen platoons ... if she can train them to kill the enemy, and not each other.

Week 3: Shooting Success and a Two Raises to train the Gloom Defense Force into an elite fighting force (worth 2 tokens?)

"Hastings! Put the rifle down and go take Collins to the triage center. Double-time! And next time remember what I said about checking the charge on the rifle before you start to disassemble!"

Cantrell wipes the sweat off her brow with a ragged DML bandanna. It has been a long couple of days, but she's finally reached a point that 90 percent of the Gloom Defense Force can hit a target eight times out of 10 at 100 yards, while making at least rudimentary use of cover and evasive tactics. The friendly fire incident was the first since Day 2, and almost everyone who'd signed up had kept coming back.

Which might have something to do with Vrib referring to me as 'The Siren of the Soundbooth' every chance he gets, she thinks.

However they'd pulled it off, she was feeling more optimistic about the men and women lined up on the training field.

It's their city, their future. At least they'll be able to defend it with guns in their hands.

"Alright, listen up! We're gonna work on firing targeted bursts using the three-round burst setting on your rifles. Make sure you've got a fresh e-clip, and get to your firing positions. The key here is controlled -- remember what Vic sings in 'Mutter, Mutter, Kreis des Todes': "If you're gonna shoot the bastard ..."

"SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD!"
Nadya Cantrell
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note: Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.), Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out), Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table), Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting), Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes), Dodge (-2 to be hit at range), Elan (+2 on rerolls), Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout), Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative), Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)[/list]

PPE: 15/15
Current Effects:

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cheif Jackshot Marshall seems to be the best shot of them all. He has two daughters that had their lives saved by Jude Maverick. You get the feeling, the troops like him, and without Jude's timely intervention on pointing out a mysterious malady to Sergeon Ben, he and perhaps even a significant portion of the defense force would have left.
Cantrell
adds 2 tokens
Jude
Adds to Judes Character sheet connections(Jackshot Marshall Gloom defense force captian) one time use and it is gone.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Maximilian »

Bizarro Alex, Week 2
Roll to determine activity for week 2
[dice]0[/dice]
Bizarro Alex spends the entirety of his 2nd week tracking down new armament for the hover-cycle. He arranges the purchase and mounting of the Pile Driver, a dual-linked railgun with a silver selector and a Heart Full of Vengeance.
"Groovy."
Bizarro Alex, Week 3
Roll for activity, week 3
[dice]1[/dice]

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger

User avatar
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Location: The Black Company

Re: posts for games

Post by Gargamel »

WIP

Week 2 Faerie - connections
OOC Comments
Streetwise [dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]

Persuasion [dice]2[/dice]
wild dice [dice]3[/dice]

Extra effort [dice]9[/dice]
Week 2
After meeting Load Coake, discovering about the Future Brigade and healing from his injury

He told Hans that he was returning home and would return within a couple of weeks for the battle with Geist.
This was strictly true as he intended to return to both places that he had called home, but it was not for sentimental reasons

His family had moved on a few years ago
Part of a tour of Lazlo for the works of Shakespeare. Five Phlebus to play every role.

Spending the night in the inn and catching up with people

the next day, he entered the nearby woods and found the faerie mound situated

"Little brothers, I have returned and beseech an audience," he spoke in Faerie

“Stop that, your accent is as terrible as always," a gruff voice spoke from the trees, "what trouble have you gotten yourself into this time oh white hat slayer?"


Stupid big person, your dream

"I was here then
We are about to go to war

"The Faerie do not fight wars like you big people," the gruff faerie

"then do what you do best in these situations. Make them want to leave and go away; steal, sabotage, annoy them, prevent them from doing what they want to do.


-2 tokens from Geist's forces due to sabotage and harassment from the faerie

week 3 Dweomer - connections
OOC Comments
Streetwise [dice]4[/dice]
wild dice [dice]5[/dice]

Persuasion [dice]6[/dice]
wild dice [dice]7[/dice]

Extra effort [dice]8[/dice]
Week 3
"Lord ?, it is an honour to return to this hallowed city"

The Lord of Magic regarded him quizzically; when Gargamel had returned requesting an audience
“I did not believe that Blackwell would release you from service so quickly!”

“Blackwell was killed by Coalition forces."

Lord ? snorted at this, either at Gargamel’s understanding or at Blackwell’s fall.
“Is it your intent to re-join the ranks of your fellow Battle Magi to defend this fair city?”

"As heartened as I am by your offer as my departure to the Black Company was not my choice, I come beseeching a different boon,” Gargamel’s tone was diplomatic, "The City of Gloom is in ruins, suffering at the hands of its Leader Geist. We have a chance to remove their evil from power."

"Dweomer does not involve itself in the affairs of others. This is one of the reasons you were sent to the Black Company with your intent to draw us into conflict with the City of Brass."

“We both know that is not entirely true; as I assisted the Intel division on more than one occasion." Gargamel did however note the comment that his militancy was not the only reason he'd been sent away.

"Dweomer would not fight alone, even provide the majority of forces. Your involvement would be overshadowed by the other forces there, but those who need to know would know that Dweomer aided them in their time of need.
It would provide an additional ally when time comes to deal with the City of Brass or the Coalition should they turn their eye upon the Magic Zone. It would provide some experience for some of our .. your troops without direct fallout on the City of Dweomer.

"Very well, this shall be a volunteer mission only, but I believe you know the people who are likely to join you in this endeavour. Supplies can be made available

+2 tokens – Dweomer defense force
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

3rd week for Libertas and Max, plus a little BA
The duo has a bit of difficulty finding the previous owner. They run into Slayback, a good friend of Max's who swears up and down Roland was last seen with the Lady Viggo!
" Max, buddy... I have seen that staff and the guy you are looking for, not good I am afraid. After all you did for me, saving my life and everything... That shark woman, Vigella was her name? She must have gone out for good or ill during those final moments before those big bombs blasted everyone. I think she was trying to help get Roland the two grandmas he was helping to safety... Roland he did not make it, he was a coward, but to go out like that... I am a bit foggy my self, but I think that shark lady almost dissapeared like she never was, then in the next moment she was behind the force field staff in hand..."

So the game is afoot as it were... Where is the Shark Lady and that staff. Your tireless efforts are not without merit. The morning of the briefing (end of the third week) the two, Libertas and Max hit the streets looking, talking, and smelling Again Max's ally Slayback, the mechanic with the arcane company comes in handy. He tips you off to a heated discussion down in the center of their once presitne facility. There after a bid of digging and smelling you do finally find her and BA having an argument of sorts near the ruins of the arcane portal ( which are being reconstructed).
Bizzaro Alex seems pretty steemed about something, " What do you mean loose ends? She loved me and gave me my hearts desire!"
The Shark lady sighs, " Such weaponry, is not normally found in this area. You need to be careful with the gifts you accept. The rail guns, seem to be a make from off world."
BA throws his hands up gesturing to his nearby bike, " Right! Look at her, those guns make the bike lady... She called them 3 ought six dual linked railguns. I tested them out two days ago and the old junker I fired at was not even a scrap heap."
As you approach the lady shark nods in your direction, and continues her conversation with Alex, " You are a child, she asked for nothing in return?"
BA shakes his head no, " Nope, not a thing, said I reminded her of something she loved... She even gave me a sweet trick for Nadine... Just installed it this morning why Max was out with Libertas. He Max, Goggles!!" BA sees Max and Libertas and gives them a couple of regionally appropriate greetings. The lady Shark taps her staff... The staff!! She sighs again clearly exasperated with BA, " Well... Just be careful, few things are given freely... Take this staff for instance, would it do you well to know it can be used for great good or terrible evil? Should I cast aside the very thing that keeps my existence perpetuated?" She eyes Libertas carefully and then sort of addresses the three of them as she backs away from them.

" For example, I have seen this moment several times in my dreams. What happens next is of uncertainty. All I know is that one of you desperately craves this staff. One timeline Libertas, stabs me in my back grabbing this staff and covering the word in darkness. Another timeline Nadine rips my arms off, but since I do not see Nadine... I assume this is not it. A third, while I am talking Alex shoots me in the head with his laser pistol." She glances at Alex who is just looking at her with his mouth half agape. She continues, " So not this one either... The fourth..." As if on cue she looks up into the gloomy sky and a rift opens. Three beams of light encircle, Max, BA, and Lady Viggo ( and her staff). A fourth beam hits Alex's bike. Several other rifts open in the sky throughout the city sending down beams of light. The three folks and bike near Libertas start to de-materialize, and that is when Libertas realizes he is seeing a transporter effect, and has a brief moment to jump into the beam of light going gods no where with them.
Libertas please PM me if you are going to jump into the transporter beam.
Any players please note, this happens at the end of all your action, the morning you are suppose to gather for a final briefing... There is nothing you can do to stop this, and in fact some of you will also have similar experience, once we get to the next scene.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Markus Berger
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Markus Berger »

OOC Comments
Weird idea, let me know if it is possible. He uses his I know a guy Edge to contact the Coalition.
After a week at Castle Refuge, Markus departs the Tomorrow's Legion home base, but don't' go to Gloom directly. He moves quietly into... Coalition Territory.
Streetwise Check (TN 4): 5
OOC Comments
Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
He gets in touch with Coalition officers, explains the situation at Gloom, and ask them to help. Just "getting out of the way" is good. To provide a defense on the rearguard or flanks is better. And to send troops into the area, to "soften" any enemy activity while leaving the Tomorrow Legion or Gloom alone would be the best. The Tomorrow Legion and the Coalition can be allies. They just need to choose to.
Persuasion Check: 5
OOC Comments
Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Benny to Reroll, +2 Elan.
Roll: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]5[/dice]
OOC Comments
If you don't mind, I will change this for the infirmary, seeing that he will be more useful there.
Finally, after 2 weeks, he gets back to Gloom, and helps the rebuilding effort, using the strength of his Triax armor to do the heavy lifting in the repairs/improvements of the town's orphanage. Miss Peregrine, the headmistress, a pretty middle age woman, organizes the work. He spends his free time playing with the orphans. Humans mostly. But even the DBee orphans, a little.
Strength Check (with armor): 5 (forgot the scene -2)
Roll: [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]7[/dice]
Finally, after 2 weeks he gets back to Gloom, expecting to aid in the reconstruction of the town. But it seems the DBees in the Black Company had finished the rebuilding efforts already, so, wanting to help in some capacity, he goes to the infirmary to try and help as much as he is able, not having any medical training himself.
Notice Check: 11 (Success and raise)
OOC Comments
Roll (+2 seeing based): [dice]8[/dice]
Wild Check: [dice]9[/dice]
He cleans, helps moving patients and equipment, and tries to avoid Ben to the best of his abilities. But one day he realizes, after moving a pretty middle age woman, that she has strange eruptions in her skin, and a close up of his cybernetic optic systems confirms she has a strange sickness. He doesn't like it but looks for Ben to tell him of the sickness Miss Peregrine, the woman, and a small boy that shared a room with her have.
OOC Comments
Yes, Miss Peregrine can become a love interest for him. It would be weird if she turns out to be a very human looking DBee, don't you think? ;)

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection

User avatar
Dan Sykes (Roll20)
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Roll 20 Character Dan (Lars)

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Dan Sykes (Roll20) »


Three Weeks in Gloom
  • Zieja is dead. Ash, swept up by little robot cleaners in the Hotel Lobby. Her gear, now worn and in the possession of her alternate dimensional self.

    Of course, the attractive woman answering to the name Zieja, or Z, looks identical to the Z that once lived in this reality. Zieja, from another dimension, is easily mistaken as the other Z. The only difference between the two Z's is possibly the scar on other-Z's left eye. A scar that somehow just makes her even sexier. If the members of the 13th SET or BC Mercs hadn't seen her make her way out of the DHT missing her left arm, and now able to see her with both arms, one might forget that she wasn't the original deal from here. Time and Space are sore from the last few days. Pushed, prodded, and twisted, the dimensional fabric between realities is tired.

    Zieja spends the majority of her time locked in a room, rumors suggest, protecting a woman looking exactly like Giest. Rumor also suggests that the woman known as Giest, being safe guarded by Z, is from an alternative dimension. Seeing how, the original Giest, here in Gloom, is a hated warmongering vile bitch that every citizen on Rifts Earth wants to kill, protecting the other dimensional Giest is a good idea, since the other-Giest is not a twisted sick fuck, but in fact, a hero!

    Z keeps tabs on the woman, other-Giest, and discusses what they should do about returning to their own dimensions. Zieja is absolutely stunned how different this reality is from the one the two ladies are from. Other-Giest suggests that possibly Zieja should stay here in this reality, to work towards the mission of the Future Brigade here in this reality. Other-Giest seems to think that having some allies in this reality (the 13th or the entire Tomorrow Legion) will be important in the future. Other-Giest states that she thinks she will be safe here with Ben (the Hotel Manager) who seems to have a pretty firm knowledge of whats going on, both with Gloom, the Legion and the many dimensions including the ones with the Future Brigade. Until suck a time as Other-Giest can devise her return to her world/universe, she will except Ben's help and assistance in staying safe. Other-Giest suggests Z work with the 13th SET here in this reality, and be ready to heed the call of the FB when the time comes.

    Over the three some odd weeks in Gloom, Zieja spends time tagging along with other members of the 13th as they do stuff. She spends time guarding Other-Giest. AND Zieja spends time recruiting a few ladies, who she calls the Valkeries, to protect Other-Giest when she, Z, is not with her. Using funds provided by Ben, Zieja hires 6 Mercenaries to be Other-Giest's body guards. The six body guards consist of, Stacy (Titan Juicer), Lacy (Ley Line Walker), Janet (Merc Soldier), Karen (Juicer), Alexa (Cyborg), and Sadie (Undead Slayer). With Other-Giest protected, Z is able to move about Gloom more and explore and learn about this reality.

    Zieja does not go to the Castle for reporting in, Later after the 13th that do go return, Z lets Cantrell know, "When the time comes to attack Scara, let me know. I'm with you. I'm with the 13th!" Pointing to the patch on her uniform, which reads, "13th SET", Zieja says, "I want to be a member of the 13th. Things back home were not the best for me. Everyone I love there is dead. I have nothing to return to there. I do want Giest to be taken care of, so she can go back. I have her protected now. She said I was free to stay here if I want. I want. I am with you as long as you'll let me. After looking through your Zieja's stuff, I suspect we are more alike than even imaginable. It does feel odd being in a new reality, but not too strange. A fresh start maybe. I was only recently a member of Giests army and the Future Brigade. A few months. Before that I escaped the CS. I was a Commando for them. But, I couldn't abide the CS hostilities. Went looking for something better. Think I finally found that. Thanks."
Note
Note: Zieja is not rolling to help in the Assist Gloom or anything. Her time is spent with Giest. You will do fine without me I am sure. -Z/Lars
Roll20 Game: Lt. Dan Sykes, Sea Titan Mind Melter
(Dan/Lars)

GM: Lars - Game Master of the Coalition States Disavowed

1. Damien - Momano Headhunter 1st SET (Far From Home)

2. Killian Starr - Shifter (Phase World: Remorseless)

3. Clay - Fighter (Forgotten Realms, Savage Realms)

4. Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legendary: Death Seekers)

5. Ash - Burster (24 COT)

6. Jackal - AI Construct (No Group yet)


Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Email/HO: Danjal73@gmail.com

User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Icosa »

Alecto sets about organizing the Black Company immediately, establishing ranks and roles commensurate to each person's skills, and solidifying a chain of command. She does accompany the team to Castle Refuge, with the understanding that transport there and back would be virtually instant. She delegates the reconstruction efforts to Hans, while she herself makes contacts with some old allies...

Week 1 - Alecto makes contact with the Sky Pirates to present her case for alliance against Giest. She brings with her all the information on the CEALs she has available, to help drive home the point that Giest's supersoldiers will become impossible to overcome if they're allowed to continue building in number. The time to strike is now, when she's on the back foot.

Persuasion 10: [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]

Week 2 - She then travels to the JAL with a similar message; Giest is destabilizing the whole area, and may become uncontainable if she is permitted to continue expanding in power and influence. Alecto has prepared some good simulations projecting the spread of Giest's territory if not stopped, showing to what extent the JAL can expect their own operations to be affected. She then includes footage taken from around Gloom, of citizens living under the oppression of undeath, to let them know what they can expect should this come to pass.

Persuasion 19: [dice]2[/dice] or [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]

Week 3 - With some time for the reconstruction to have proceeded, Alecto addresses the citizens of Gloom to rally them and convince those who are able to fight to become willing to fight. Freedom has never been closer, she reminds them, but it can all slip away if Giest is given a chance to regroup. One last push. One more hill.

Persuasion 7: [dice]4[/dice] or [dice]5[/dice]
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Carlos Caravello »

Healing & Reporting
After reporting in to Lord Coake, Carlos takes the time to visit the Legion Infirmary. He's never been to the Tomorrow Legion Headquarters before and finds it a little underwhelming compared to the massive CS military bases he spent of most his career serving on. This is really still a rinky dink outfit, he thinks to himself and suddenly realizing how precarious their position was. One major army or demon hoard and this troop of do gooders would be dust. Ah well, at least they believe in something.

At the medical centre Carlos shows off his wounds from the Annihilation spell grateful for the help. In the Coalition research division he would be considered contaminated by magic, likely quarantined, and tested rigorously. From that moment on a note would be on his file saying he was tainted by magic. Here they used magic to heal you. Weird.

The staff seems courteous, if a little nervous. Still better treatment than they'd get in a CS hospital. One of the attendants offers to heal his plasma burn but Carlos passes, Wouldn't want to make that guy in the 13th jealous of my good looks.

Chuckling he prepared for the procedure.
Healing
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Super secret [dice]2[/dice]
After it's all done Carlos looks to soothe the awkwardness.

"This place got a bar?"

Gloom
While he can help with repairs, Carlos spends most of his time in Gloom preparing all the disparate military forces to fight together. He tries to set up meetings with all the commanders and get some understanding of their capabilities and fighting styles. He offers tips to those interested, cataloged their assets, sets up common radio frequencies, and a loose order of battle.

He has squared off against mercenaries before, they were usually better equipped and better fighters than your average grunt, but they lacked discipline and strategy. Vello's tries his best to instill those qualities into this makeshift outfit.
Smarts
[dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice]
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4

User avatar
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Carlos Caravello »

[dice]0[/dice]

Back before the Golden Age they wrote a book called How to Win Friends and Influence People. Carlos never read it, but he's pretty sure showing up in the bag and pissing everyone off should be a chapter. Meeting, upon meeting, upon meeting, upon meeting had got tiring. So before each one Carlos would take a little nip from his newly filled flask - stopping to refill it around noon. Pirates, brigands, assholes, Vello rages to himself after a particularly annoying meeting with the Sky Pirates. No one was listening to him and it was making his mood more foul by the minute. We're all going to die.

Choosing a liquid lunch rather than food he prepares for his afternoon meeting with the citizens council of Gloom. They would bring forward locals to help in the fight, if Carlos was convinced they could shoot straight. Armed citizens might be more help than good. By the time he gets to the meeting he can barely stand, so he sits - in the council woman's chair. She coughs uncomfortably as he patently refuses to move. She starts talking about the citizens army capabilities, "Blah blah blah," Carlos interrupts loudly, then passes out in the chair.

When he wakes up the room is dark and empty and his head is pounding. "I wish they made cybernetics that fought hangovers," he says to the empty room. Except, he suddenly realizes the room is not empty, someone is lurking in the shadows. Still inebriated, he fumbles to pull his sidearm, "Who's there!" He shouts into the darkness. The figure moves from the darkness at ridiculous speed - or maybe Carlos was just too drunk to respond quickly - bringing a knife to Vello's throat.

"We've been looking for you, Sergeant," the man says quietly. Squinting through his bleary eyes Vellos makes out the face the figure and the crest of some podunk town that Carlos burn to the ground embalzoned on his shirt - The survivors. Shit, they found me. Trying to play it cool, Vello gets out a few coherent words, "So you found me. Kill me or shut the hell up." The survivor laughs, "Oh I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to burn this city to the ground and make you watch - just like I had to watch my town burn...Then I'm going to kill you."

With his head clearing, Carlos gets a little more brazen "You'll have to get in line for that job. There's already somebody trying to bring this place down."

"Oh I know," the man chuckles "I've already made arrangements with Ms. Geist. And after the battle you're all mine."

The threat makes Carlos laugh out loud, "And what do you have the makes you think Giest will keep that deal?"

"I've hired a large mercenary company to join her army." the man replies with glee as Vello's face pales.

Steeling himself Carlos stands up, pushing the man back suddenly try to wrest the knife away. Unfortunately, the salty mercenary is too drunk to be effective. The man side steps Vello and sticks out his leg, causing Carlos to tumble onto the floor in a heap. Standing over him the man presses the knife against Vello's throat.

"On second thought, maybe I will kill you now."
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4

User avatar
Cantrell
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Cantrell »

Zieja wrote:"When the time comes to attack Scara, let me know. I'm with you. I'm with the 13th!" Pointing to the patch on her uniform, which reads, "13th SET", Zieja says, "I want to be a member of the 13th. Things back home were not the best for me. Everyone I love there is dead. I have nothing to return to there. I do want Giest to be taken care of, so she can go back. I have her protected now. She said I was free to stay here if I want. I want. I am with you as long as you'll let me. After looking through your Zieja's stuff, I suspect we are more alike than even imaginable. It does feel odd being in a new reality, but not too strange. A fresh start maybe. I was only recently a member of Giests army and the Future Brigade. A few months. Before that I escaped the CS. I was a Commando for them. But, I couldn't abide the CS hostilities. Went looking for something better. Think I finally found that. Thanks."
Cantrell listens as Other Zieja declares her desire to throw in with the 13th. Her earnestness reminds Cantrell of the old Z, when she got to talking about Drei Marbles Left, or hunting down her old tormentors in the Coalition.

"I don't think this reality was always so kind to our Z, so don't go expecting roses and golden fields of sunshine," Cantrell says. "But if you're looking for a place to call home, maybe we can provide that. Z was an important part of our team. Saved our lives and we saved hers. Your knowledge of this other future is a valuable weapon. Use it to watch our backs and we'll watch yours.

Cantrell extends a hand, welcoming Z into the 13th.

"And it probably goes without saying, but watch yourself around Maverick. He could talk his way into a statue's pants. And after seeing the first Z slip away, he may see you as Fate giving him another chance."
Nadya Cantrell
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note: Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.), Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out), Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table), Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting), Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes), Dodge (-2 to be hit at range), Elan (+2 on rerolls), Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout), Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative), Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)[/list]

PPE: 15/15
Current Effects:

User avatar
Dan Sykes (Roll20)
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Roll 20 Character Dan (Lars)

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Dan Sykes (Roll20) »


Cantrell wrote:Cantrell extends a hand, welcoming Z into the 13th.

"And it probably goes without saying, but watch yourself around Maverick. He could talk his way into a statue's pants. And after seeing the first Z slip away, he may see you as Fate giving him another chance."
  • Z smiles, "I noticed. I recognize the look in his eyes. I don't know about your, original Z, but boys are not my flavor. Mr. Jude is out of luck with me. Thanks Sarge."

    Thinking a moment Zieja continues: "I'll help where and how I can. I was genetically created by the CS to kill, was assigned to work for a General Frederickson of the CS and spent time fighting the Future Brigade. The CS and its views didn't sit well with me, and the General I worked for was a monster, figuratively. So I left the CS, joined the Brigade in fighting for freedom and safety of all, human and otherwise. I do not expect roses but do think I'll like it here. Things might not be perfect here, but its better than Hell on Earth where I came from. Just let me know where to strike. I'm ready."

    Saluting Cantrell, Z smiles.
Roll20 Game: Lt. Dan Sykes, Sea Titan Mind Melter
(Dan/Lars)

GM: Lars - Game Master of the Coalition States Disavowed

1. Damien - Momano Headhunter 1st SET (Far From Home)

2. Killian Starr - Shifter (Phase World: Remorseless)

3. Clay - Fighter (Forgotten Realms, Savage Realms)

4. Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legendary: Death Seekers)

5. Ash - Burster (24 COT)

6. Jackal - AI Construct (No Group yet)


Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Email/HO: Danjal73@gmail.com

User avatar
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:59 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Samson Malach »

Fear
Fear with HJ bonus
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Fear
[dice]1[/dice]
The man starts to press the knife into Vello's neck. Before the blade can reach anything vital, he blanches and flails violently, throwing himself backwards. The knife clatters to the floor along with the killer. The man awkwardly clambers to his feet and runs screaming from the room in an absolute panic, as if every demon in hell was chasing him.
Vello lies there, heart pounding, utterly confused about the killer's sudden - and vigorous - change of heart.

"Uh, hey there, boss. You're a boss, right? Still trying to suss out the new order now that Blackwell's...uh, dead. And I'm...I'm really sorry about Colonel Thrudh. Never mind. Anyway...you okay? I don't know that guy, but it seemed like he was interested in some conference room whittling, and he had you confused for a stick. Maybe that's a new kind of training regimen or psychotherapy you're trying out, but I thought maybe I'd let you think it over first. I can probably call the guy back, if you want. Never mind. I was just looking for a bathroom. And a drink. Not necessarily in that order. Although the bathroom was more pressing, I know I'm going to be thirsty afterwards. But those things aren't related. Well, they're kind of related. I'm going to need to use the bathroom after I get the drink...never mind. Gracious. Sorry. You thirsty? I'm overdue for a real drink. They got any hooch left in this town?" Samson walks over and tries to help Vello up to his feet.

"Why'd he run? You'd probably run too if the guy you're trying to kill suddenly has the face of your mother in law with a few extra horns and fangs added." Samson grins. "Up you go. What did that guy say about mercenaries? Is he hiring us?"
Samson Malach
Samson Malach character sheet
Bennies: 3 (+2 interlude & dream, +1 post rate, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, +2 assist Vello, -1 EE Scara's Tower, -1 soak Scara's Tower, +1 saving the complications, -1 Spirit for Stealth, -2 Stealth rerolls, +1 murder wraith music, +1 portal / Scara's tower scene, -1 Scara's tower EE notice for loot, +1 for joker, -1 EE Fighting murder wrait, -1 reroll damage, +1 EP spent, -1 EE Mind Control, +1 stairway, -1 EE crossing bridge, +1 Fate's End post, +1 Black Burger, +1 final battle scene, +1 megaversal legion pic, -1 EE smarts, -1 EE shooting, +1 final round)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
ISP: 40 / 40
Parry: 6
Toughness: 29 (18) (Iron Mage Glitter Boy armor)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Quick, Brave, Elan, Telemechanics, Ambidextrous
Weapon in hand: Ringil
Weapon in holster: Iceblast Shotgun
Adventure Cards:
  • Flesh Wound: Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene".
    Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
    Arcane Inspiration: ***PLAYED***When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action, or use a power he doesn't have.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Carlos Caravello »

Samson Malach wrote:"Why'd he run? You'd probably run too if the guy you're trying to kill suddenly has the face of your mother in law with a few extra horns and fangs added." Samson grins. "Up you go. What did that guy say about mercenaries? Is he hiring us?"
Carlos accepts the helping hand, both relieved and disappointed at being rescued. Seeing it was someone from the Black Company gave him a pang of guilt, He might die because of me. Sighing, Vello puts on a brave face, "Thanks for the mental picture. Another good reason not to get married." Steadying himself for second he sheepishly tries to explain what just happened, "Not hiring us. Can't afford it. Instead he got some low rent mercs and threw in with Giest. Better to find out about those extra forces now than when the fighting starts."
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4

User avatar
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:59 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Samson Malach »

Samson scratches his head. "So...I guess I should've just clipped that guy, then?" He dusts Vello's back off. "Well, at least they're cheap mercs. Shouldn't be too much trouble for us, right? How many guys can they really muster up so quick?"
If it's as many as I was able to call in after just a couple weeks, that may be a problem.
Samson Malach
Samson Malach character sheet
Bennies: 3 (+2 interlude & dream, +1 post rate, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, +2 assist Vello, -1 EE Scara's Tower, -1 soak Scara's Tower, +1 saving the complications, -1 Spirit for Stealth, -2 Stealth rerolls, +1 murder wraith music, +1 portal / Scara's tower scene, -1 Scara's tower EE notice for loot, +1 for joker, -1 EE Fighting murder wrait, -1 reroll damage, +1 EP spent, -1 EE Mind Control, +1 stairway, -1 EE crossing bridge, +1 Fate's End post, +1 Black Burger, +1 final battle scene, +1 megaversal legion pic, -1 EE smarts, -1 EE shooting, +1 final round)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
ISP: 40 / 40
Parry: 6
Toughness: 29 (18) (Iron Mage Glitter Boy armor)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Quick, Brave, Elan, Telemechanics, Ambidextrous
Weapon in hand: Ringil
Weapon in holster: Iceblast Shotgun
Adventure Cards:
  • Flesh Wound: Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene".
    Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
    Arcane Inspiration: ***PLAYED***When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action, or use a power he doesn't have.
Edit Signature

Lars
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed
Contact:

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Lars »


The morning harkens, still sleeping or perhaps on a 5 minute work break, you find yourself alone or at least next to someone who is also unconscious. This is the day! The location of the hell pillars should be revealed and the scouts have returned from locating Scara's fortress, the city is looking better than it has ever been. It has been crafted into a true drawven built utopia. Gleaming battlements, stout walls, streets paved with gold!! Even a towering stone golem resembling Humble marks the very spot where much of the heavy lifting took place. A series of underground tunnels form a modern marvel capable of transporting you from the outer edge of the city and to the city center in a matter of seconds (1d6 rounds). Word has spread throughout the America's and allies are on their way! Yes today is the morning that destiny has claimed. Just got to wake up or finish your break, toss off your cat nap, and head over to Shwarma Peetes for a breakfast cake! If only it were true for all of you, something fishy is a foot, people have gone missing, others come down with an illness unknown... Those listed below, have another plot taken, there presence at the morning meeting never was, for they have been kidnapped into the stars above!!
13th and missing Libertas
Some of the 13th might have been awoken by the frantic call of Libertas on their comms---" Boss..." No amount of trying gets the man back on the radio.
OOC Comments
GM roll:
note: rolls done in g chat after establishing order
caravello (1)
Jude(2)
Alecto(3)
Cantrell(4)-Gone, See List below, you are no longer in Gloom.
Samson(5)
Jitters(6)- Gone, See List below, you are no longer in Gloom.
Hans(7)
Libertas (8)- Gone, See List below, you are no longer in Gloom.
Humble(9)- Gone, See List below, you are no longer in Gloom.
Markus(10)
Gargamel(11)-
Cade(12)
Max(13)- Gone, See List below, you are no longer in Gloom.
Sammy unrolled for- Gone, See List below, you are no longer in Gloom.
Z not rolled for.
Diamond Clad looks at those assembled in the morning. Clad calls them over for a impromptu meeting. Caravello, Jude, Alecto, Markus, Samson, Hans, Zeija, and Cade. Clad's eyes furrow as he sees how many of the heroes have returned from their much deserved time off, and how many are suddenly gone. He glances at Cade, the Black Company's Time Warrior, assembled in the room with a tad bit more than apprehension. "I have asked Cade to be Ben and my body guard for a few weeks until everyone regroups. I understand he is a Black Company man now, the BC will be paid for his services. I suspect a Assassination Attempt on Ben or myself from Giest. I am paying Cade to protect us. Once we are ready to move on Giest I am sure he will be back with the BC."

He sighs with a heavy heart, "I regret the Tomorrow Legion has been unable to find out where the Hell Pillars have gone too. I have had assurances from their high command they are making every effort to find the pillars. A Cyber Knight named Sir Baden is searching still... It would deal Giest a significant blow if we were able to surprise her with the allies that are gathering. You have done a great job rebuilding this city and we must press on." Clad nods at Hans and Jude, and then he glances at his daughter standing next to the un natural CEAL Tesse. Try as he might he is unable to smile. " We must proceed with what we know. Blast Jitters has been... I had the opportune time to speak with Jitters who has done the lion share of scouting the nearby area for Scara's portal. Fortunately, Jitters was able to give me a detail accounting of what you may encounter there. There is a guardian and the portal seems to be a doorway into another world itself... a realm with ghosts and shadow. It seems to lack the sun itself! The full details are in this report." Diamond Clad slides a report forward.
Diamond Clads face grows even more sour and continues with some hesitation, " You may have noticed several comrades missing... Nadine is gone... Cade tells me, earlier today, just prior to the first gloom light several rifts opened and a great flurry of teleportation beams sprung forth abducting several of the heroes of Gloom. For what purpose we do not know... We can only assume Geist has made a preemptive strike. We need that ring now so more than ever!" With a heavy heart Diamond Clad rests on the impromptu dais unable to continue for the moment.
His daughter Crystal Clad weakly goes and stands with him. She looks translucent as if the light behind her is illuminating her entire being.

Ben the squid man, the surgeon speaks forth, " We implore those that remain to assault Scara's tower and recover the ring she keeps in her Library. As the forces you have called here arrive we will do our best to make sure they work together and not against each other. We tried to have a meeting with all the leaders but it ended poorly to say the least... We will have many more I am sure... After you recover the ring, we will either need to speed up our efforts to get the arcane portal rebuilt or perhaps by then the Tomorrow Legion will have discovered where their hell pillars have been taken... By the gods let us prey it was not phase world."
The "leaders" of gloom stay in the room for a while to answer any questions. Jackshot Marshall, captain of Gloom's defense force, tips his brimmed hat at Jude. A greasy mechanic named Slayback sits in the corner working on peice of machinery.

Diamond Clad and Crystal Clad come to talk more privately with the remaining group. Crystal seems to be barely able to walk and almost ghost like. Diamond speaks with a hushed tone, " Look, this is not part of the job we are sending you on, but I fear Crystal cannot last for much longer. Everything within my being tells me their is something inside Scara's Castle probably in her library that can return Crystal's soul intact. Take the jar, but be careful it has been cracked once and cannot withstand another..." Diamond Clad hands the jar over and looks at the CEAL Tess, with a fair amount of disgust, who seems to be patiently waiting to deliver the "Heroes" to her master. " She is key somehow, or another that has undergone the same process. Will you be able to trade her life for Crystals I wonder?" He seems unsure if even he could make such a trade.
Tesse
The mystic of the 2nd SET turned into a servant of Geist and Scara
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG (69.19 KiB) Viewed 4314 times
Jitters Feild report
A well thought out and compiled report detailing where the portal is, the gate guardian, and astute conjecture's of the other side.
A Note from Libertas
This note is hand delivered by Herr Klaus to Markus. Very smartly the small little fairy kobold salutes him and hands him a scrap of paper. With a thick German accent he reports with perfect enunciation, " Sir! Upon searching for Libertas, I discovered this scrap of paper on the ground. To my eyes it is a curiosity, but perhaps it has relevance on your current mission," He aptly hands the paper with hastily written notes to Markus.
  • 1: Likely weakness to/fear of sunlight--which appears to not exist in whatever dimension she's been operating out of.
    2: She's developing necro-tech capable of reanimating the dead, CEALs seem to have been an early version, but she is probably still upgrading.
    3: Scara and Ben are from an interstellar federation of warlocks, who crash-landed outside of Gloom nearly two decades ago. Her uber-weapon was stolen at that time.
Prepare
These players can use this area to prepare or ask questions. When you are done preparing head to scara's tower post.
Caravello, Jude, Alecto, Markus, Samson, Hans, Zeija. Not on this list you best head over to the vanished post.
A letter to Lord Coake





  • Lord Coake
    Image
  • “It will arrive out of chaos to create even greater chaos. The danger will appear within the next 20 years and will grow quickly to threaten the entire world.”

    – An excerpt from An Edict of Planetary Distress, issued in 101 P.A., from Plato of the Lazlo Council of Learning.


Shared with the Players just prior to them returning to Gloom, from Castle Refuge.
  • A report to Lord Coake, Leader of the Cyber Knights.
    Date sent unknown, but presumed to be several days to a week before the Spring Equinox, 110 P.A.


    Lord Coake,

    Thanks to the valiant efforts of my fallen knights, the Tundra Rangers, and the magic users in our group, we have the pre-Rifts city of Calgary within visual range. This is a sight I will never forget. The city is alive with demonic creatures. Many, Many thousands can be seen on the ground, with hundreds more flying in the skies above. We have witness countless slaves laboring away, digging these massive pits. At first we did not know what they could be used for until we discovered one on the outskirts of the city. Dozens of creatures were crawling up out of the excavation, which seems to be a direct passage to Hell! Its like Carlsbad all over! The Mystic in the group has sensed that the ley lines crossing Calgary have been somehow corrupted and he says they reek of supernatural evil. It is his belief that these pits are indeed portals to the planes of Hell. Much like what happened in the Outskirts. If this is true then this may be the last you hear from me. We have discovered that a massive pit is being dug within the city; by our estimate it is roughly four miles (6.4 km) in diameter. A pit that large could unleash hundreds of thousands of infernals an hour. Our Shifter thinks that the ritual to complete this pit will take place on the spring equinox – only days away. We will try and do all that we can to stop the pit from being completed or at the very least buy you more time to warn others. Your plan to use the pillars from the Castle attack last month might just work, however, I fear what could happen if the Pillars get into demon hands. It is a dangerous plan you are asking the 13th and Black to do. My contacts in Lazlo think the stolen Pillars are either on Phase World or at Sea. I fear I know not what Sea. I have a Knight, Sir Baden looking into it. He will dispatch you news as he finds it. We remain in Calgary to harass the demons and try to stop them from completing the massive portal.

    Yours Faithfully,
    Sir Miles Drake
    The Order of Oathbreaker Knights & Newly Reunited Cyber Knights of Lord Coake
Lord Coake states that it seems Sir Drake or his party have been able to slow down the construction of the Calgary Pit, but not stop it as of yet. It appears that seven pits are being constructed across the Americas, according to Seers. This is a battle for the future, if we win against Giest. If she is not stopped, there may be no future.
Ok folks looks like the teams are splitting up for a bit. Find your name on the list and click the link to go to your new "zone". Any preperation or questions or rp should be made here. Then head to scaras tower for some quick combat.


PENDER
Scara's Tower (Click the link)
  1. Zieja
  2. Caravello
  3. Jude
  4. Alecto
  5. Markus
  6. Hans
  7. Samson

LARS
The Vanished (Click the link)
  1. Gargamel
  2. Cantrell
  3. Jitters
  4. Libertas
  5. Humble
  6. Max and BA
  7. Sammy
GM Note
Note: Firehawk is missing too (character is on hold and not being played at moment).
Note: Cade is in Gloom (has been assigned a short solo mission from Diamond Clad - on protection detail for Clad and Ben)
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes!
Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

3 Unused Character Accounts: Killian, Ashley & Dred

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Hans Greuber »

At the start of the week of healing at Castle Refuge, Hans goes to the local Techno-Wizard.

"I want to buy a set of tools. Ones that have been modified to improve their utility in Repair and converting and upgrading Techno-Wizard devices."
Tool Kit
Base Item: Tool Kit (Base 2000 credits)
  • Base: 2000 Credits (All TW work given a 100% markup due to being Conversions and Minor Upgrades)
    Conversion: 200x2=400 Credits
    2x +1 to Repair 2x(5000x2)=20000 Credits
    2x +1 to Repair Rolls 2x(5000x2)=20000 Credits
    Total Cost: 42400 Credits
*****************************************************************************************************

Now that the combat is finished, Hans realizes that when he goes to face Scara, some of the people on the mission will probably need the help of a Photonic Weapon Inducer to actually hurt her minions
OOC Comments
Making Smite (Sunlight Trapping) Gadget
Weird Science: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Result: 11 - Success with Raise. Smite (Light - Sunlight Trapping, 20 PPE)
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
Dan Sykes (Roll20)
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Roll 20 Character Dan (Lars)

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Dan Sykes (Roll20) »


After the meeting with Clad, Z, the former CS Commando, from an alternate dimension, heads to the room that was occupied by Zieja. Ben, the Hotel Manager, pointed her in the direction of the room, giving her a new key card to access the room. As she made her way down to the room she wondered what she would find, in the room of the alternate her. Stopping at the door she lifted the key card and looked at it. Strange how odd it felt, entering Zieja's room. Taking a deep breath Zieja slid the card across the lock. The door clicked and opened. Pushing it open with the toe of her boot Zieja instinctively pulled her pistol out before entering the room.

Following the hand gun into the room she swept it about searching the room. Satisfied that no one was here she looked at the guitar case laying on the bed. Huh, its been years...

Returning the pistol to holster, Z ran her fingers along the black case. There appeared to be nothing else of Zieja's in the room. Just this case. Flipping it open she looked at the black bass guitar with a pink Z on it.
Z Guitar
Image
Lifting the guitar up, Z flung the strap across her shoulder and eyed the instrument. I miss living in a world where there is time to enjoy things...

Lifting her back pack off her shoulder she sets it down and pulls her portable computer out. Setting it up on the desk she plugs in a mic and checks the bass guitar. Thrumming a few cords she smiles and set the guitar down. Yeah, been a while. Flipping open the PC and booting it up she lays a few more components down and hooks them up.

Zieja from here played guitar....cool, I'm more of a computer composer.

Zieja proceeds to belt out some tunes by herself using the computer and key board, towards the end she adds in some guitar sounds using the bass guitar from other Z.

All of this is of course heard by Alecto of the Black Company as Alecto has bugged the guitar case of Zieja. After about 5 minutes and 58 seconds Zieja packs up her gear and can be heard by Alecto saying, "Raiding Scara is likely going to be our last mission....I hope the Vanished are okay." Sighing, Z leaves the guitar and PC in the room and grabs her sniper rifle heading out to fight the fight.

Alternate Dimension Zieja making music.
Roll20 Game: Lt. Dan Sykes, Sea Titan Mind Melter
(Dan/Lars)

GM: Lars - Game Master of the Coalition States Disavowed

1. Damien - Momano Headhunter 1st SET (Far From Home)

2. Killian Starr - Shifter (Phase World: Remorseless)

3. Clay - Fighter (Forgotten Realms, Savage Realms)

4. Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legendary: Death Seekers)

5. Ash - Burster (24 COT)

6. Jackal - AI Construct (No Group yet)


Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Email/HO: Danjal73@gmail.com

User avatar
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 am
Location: Chicago suburbs

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
***

Jude jolted awake, trying to remember whose bed he was in. He glanced to either side of him. Oh, right. Maria and Dani Marshall, the cheerleader twins and daughters of Jackshot Marshall, captain of the Gloom Defense Force. Whatever had awakened him hadn’t awakened them.

“Boss…” That was Libertas, on the comm.

Jude tried to clear the sleep from his head. Cantrell was around. She would get it. He waited. Nothing. Jude reached for the comm and slipped from the bed, going into the hall. “Libertas, it’s Jude. What’s up? Sarge might be asleep.”

Nothing.

“Lib? Goggles? Hello?”

Jude frowned. He went down the hall to Libertas’ room and knocked, but there was no answer. Yawning, Jude looked out the window. Dawn. Might as well get up and get ready for the morning meeting. There better be coffee.

After a shower and a shave, and getting coffee from the hotel cafeteria, Jude went to the conference room. He gave Crystal a kiss. Well, as well as could, anyway, given her state. “You should be in bed, resting,” he told her.

And then Jude froze. “Tesse?” he said in shock at seeing the former Second SET mystic, and now CEAL, who had disappeared in the aftermath of the Annihilation spell. “Where have you been?” He’d seen...something black and ghosty, some kind of witchling, touch her forehead, and when he had awoken, she was gone. “And you got your arm back. I’m so sorry.”

None of the news was good. Assassination attempts on Diamond and Ben. Hell pillars still missing. Allied reinforcements not getting along. And half of the teams missing!

“As, shit. Does that mean I’m in charge again?” Jude asked, blinking. No, thankfully Alecto was still here!

Jude nodded to Jackshot, giving a nervous smile. After all, he’d just spent last night with the man’s twin daughters.

Jude accepted the soul jar with great care. “I will protect it with my life,” Jude promised, looking over to Crystal.

Then he followed Diamond’s gaze to Tesse.

"She is key somehow, or another that has undergone the same process. Will you be able to trade her life for Crystal’s, I wonder?" Diamond asked.

Jude swallowed and looked back at Diamond. “Do we know that’s what it will take?” he asked with a frown. “And shouldn’t that be up to her?” Jude looked between the two women.

***
Conditions
Mission Objectives
1. Get ring from Scara’s Tower
2. Fix the soul jar and free Crystal’s soul (something in Scara’s library)
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hans Greuber wrote:At the start of the week of healing at Castle Refuge, Hans goes to the local Techno-Wizard.

"I want to buy a set of tools. Ones that have been modified to improve their utility in Repair and converting and upgrading Techno-Wizard devices."
Tool Kit
Base Item: Tool Kit (Base 2000 credits)
  • Base: 2000 Credits (All TW work given a 100% markup due to being Conversions and Minor Upgrades)
    Conversion: 200x2=400 Credits
    2x +1 to Repair 2x(5000x2)=20000 Credits
    2x +1 to Repair Rolls 2x(5000x2)=20000 Credits
    Total Cost: 42400 Credits
*****************************************************************************************************

Now that the combat is finished, Hans realizes that when he goes to face Scara, some of the people on the mission will probably need the help of a Photonic Weapon Inducer to actually hurt her minions
OOC Comments
Making Smite (Sunlight Trapping) Gadget
Weird Science: [dice]28502:0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]28502:1[/dice]
Ace: [dice]28502:2[/dice]
Result: 11 - Success with Raise. Smite (Light - Sunlight Trapping, 20 PPE)
The TW, an Altara named Sarlit "looks" at Hans while she figits trying to located the item. " Hmm, it should be around here somewhere... Hey you seem small for a Human." She heads into the back " Looking", and Hans hears some clanging and banging... " No not this one... Where is the one Chaz used to use?" She comes back with two... One looks brand spaking new, and the other looks well worn and a bit dusty.
She smiles, " Oh, I am Starlit and an Altara escaped from Atlantis. I am well versed in techno-wizardry and although bio-wizardry is my speciality." She nods to some jars with parasites. " So this one we just made, and this other one... Used to belong to a TW named Chaz... He was possibly the worst technowizard, but he is over seas and left this little repair box behind. I believe it to be magical in some way, It seems to have enough parts to allow an extra gaget to be created in a pinch... However, how do you say it, is also Splugorth's Bitch."
Hans
Only one kit will leave the shop.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Zieja wrote:
After the meeting with Clad, Z, the former CS Commando, from an alternate dimension, heads to the room that was occupied by Zieja. Ben, the Hotel Manager, pointed her in the direction of the room, giving her a new key card to access the room. As she made her way down to the room she wondered what she would find, in the room of the alternate her. Stopping at the door she lifted the key card and looked at it. Strange how odd it felt, entering Zieja's room. Taking a deep breath Zieja slid the card across the lock. The door clicked and opened. Pushing it open with the toe of her boot Zieja instinctively pulled her pistol out before entering the room.

Following the hand gun into the room she swept it about searching the room. Satisfied that no one was here she looked at the guitar case laying on the bed. Huh, its been years...

Returning the pistol to holster, Z ran her fingers along the black case. There appeared to be nothing else of Zieja's in the room. Just this case. Flipping it open she looked at the black bass guitar with a pink Z on it.
Z Guitar
Image
Lifting the guitar up, Z flung the strap across her shoulder and eyed the instrument. I miss living in a world where there is time to enjoy things...

Lifting her back pack off her shoulder she sets it down and pulls her portable computer out. Setting it up on the desk she plugs in a mic and checks the bass guitar. Thrumming a few cords she smiles and set the guitar down. Yeah, been a while. Flipping open the PC and booting it up she lays a few more components down and hooks them up.

Zieja from here played guitar....cool, I'm more of a computer composer.

Zieja proceeds to belt out some tunes by herself using the computer and key board, towards the end she adds in some guitar sounds using the bass guitar from other Z.

All of this is of course heard by Alecto of the Black Company as Alecto has bugged the guitar case of Zieja. After about 5 minutes and 58 seconds Zieja packs up her gear and can be heard by Alecto saying, "Raiding Scara is likely going to be our last mission....I hope the Vanished are okay." Sighing, Z leaves the guitar and PC in the room and grabs her sniper rifle heading out to fight the fight.

Alternate Dimension Zieja making music.
Victoria Geist leans against the door way watching and listening to DZ. " That was lovely my girl, just breath taking. I sometimes forget the beauty that lies beneath even the most vicious killing machine." Geist pulls out a cahir and sits down next to DZ, she places her hands onto Z's. " It seems you may find a place in this side. I spoke to Coake after he and Markus ensured our escape... These Hell pillars are but just the beginning, the beginning to the end if we do not succeed." Victoria Geist pulls back DZ's hair, " I know it is not easy being here... Especially since..." For a second Victoria Geist wipes her face brushing an errant tear aside. " We may have lost the battle for our world, but motions have been put into place that threaten all worlds... If we are to have any hope we must stop them on this side and prepare to bring the fight to our side." Victoria Geist gives DZ a hug and then walks away but before she leaves she says over her shoulder, " That was really very beautiful my girl...Remember, no one can know..."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Hans Greuber »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Hans Greuber wrote:At the start of the week of healing at Castle Refuge, Hans goes to the local Techno-Wizard.

"I want to buy a set of tools. Ones that have been modified to improve their utility in Repair and converting and upgrading Techno-Wizard devices."
Tool Kit
Base Item: Tool Kit (Base 2000 credits)
  • Base: 2000 Credits (All TW work given a 100% markup due to being Conversions and Minor Upgrades)
    Conversion: 200x2=400 Credits
    2x +1 to Repair 2x(5000x2)=20000 Credits
    2x +1 to Repair Rolls 2x(5000x2)=20000 Credits
    Total Cost: 42400 Credits
The TW, an Altara named Sarlit "looks" at Hans while she figits trying to located the item. " Hmm, it should be around here somewhere... Hey you seem small for a Human." She heads into the back " Looking", and Hans hears some clanging and banging... " No not this one... Where is the one Chaz used to use?" She comes back with two... One looks brand spaking new, and the other looks well worn and a bit dusty.
She smiles, " Oh, I am Starlit and an Altara escaped from Atlantis. I am well versed in techno-wizardry and although bio-wizardry is my speciality." She nods to some jars with parasites. " So this one we just made, and this other one... Used to belong to a TW named Chaz... He was possibly the worst technowizard, but he is over seas and left this little repair box behind. I believe it to be magical in some way, It seems to have enough parts to allow an extra gadget to be created in a pinch... However, how do you say it, is also Splugorth's Bitch."
"Well, I am Hans Greuber, and I am anything but the worst technowizard around. It would be nice to get the juice to make another Gadget, but it sounds too good to be true. If you would let me buy BOTH, you have a deal. I would then be able to study the magical one a bit before using it. If you will only sell me one, it will then be the standard new one. I don't use unknown magical items until I have had time to study it well... especially if it is also 'Splugorth's Bitch'."
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jude Maverick wrote:
Jude jolted awake, trying to remember whose bed he was in. He glanced to either side of him. Oh, right. Maria and Dani Marshall, the cheerleader twins and daughters of Jackshot Marshall, captain of the Gloom Defense Force. Whatever had awakened him hadn’t awakened them.

“Boss…” That was Libertas, on the comm.

Jude tried to clear the sleep from his head. Cantrell was around. She would get it. He waited. Nothing. Jude reached for the comm and slipped from the bed, going into the hall. “Libertas, it’s Jude. What’s up? Sarge might be asleep.”

Nothing.

“Lib? Goggles? Hello?”

Jude frowned. He went down the hall to Libertas’ room and knocked, but there was no answer. Yawning, Jude looked out the window. Dawn. Might as well get up and get ready for the morning meeting. There better be coffee.

After a shower and a shave, and getting coffee from the hotel cafeteria, Jude went to the conference room. He gave Crystal a kiss. Well, as well as could, anyway, given her state. “You should be in bed, resting,” he told her.

And then Jude froze. “Tesse?” he said in shock at seeing the former Second SET mystic, and now CEAL, who had disappeared in the aftermath of the Annihilation spell. “Where have you been?” He’d seen...something black and ghosty, some kind of witchling, touch her forehead, and when he had awoken, she was gone. “And you got your arm back. I’m so sorry.”

None of the news was good. Assassination attempts on Diamond and Ben. Hell pillars still missing. Allied reinforcements not getting along. And half of the teams missing!

“As, shit. Does that mean I’m in charge again?” Jude asked, blinking. No, thankfully Alecto was still here!

Jude nodded to Jackshot, giving a nervous smile. After all, he’d just spent last night with the man’s twin daughters.

Jude accepted the soul jar with great care. “I will protect it with my life,” Jude promised, looking over to Crystal.

Then he followed Diamond’s gaze to Tesse.

"She is key somehow, or another that has undergone the same process. Will you be able to trade her life for Crystal’s, I wonder?" Diamond asked.

Jude swallowed and looked back at Diamond. “Do we know that’s what it will take?” he asked with a frown. “And shouldn’t that be up to her?” Jude looked between the two women.

***
Conditions
Mission Objectives
1. Get ring from Scara’s Tower
2. Fix the soul jar and free Crystal’s soul (something in Scara’s library)
Jude
No sign of Libertas
Tesse seems rather pleased and if her undead face could smile she is doing it. " Where did I go? Back to Scara of course. I was fulfilling my mission to bring you and your friends to her. When the servants of scara picked the battlefeild clean of new recruits I of course was awoken too... I returned to tell her of the events I witnessed, she must know what you are capable of so she can prepare her arcane mixture's to your exact specifications." Tesse gives Jude a hug, " She was very excited to learn about you guys and I feel you will all be well received when you arrive... She even had this new arm installed, much better than my old arm... Jude do you remember what you said to me on our last night together? It will finally come true!"
Hans
only one kit leaves the shop.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 am
Location: Chicago suburbs

Re: 3 - Crossover / Aftermath

Post by Jude Maverick »

Jude nodded, returning Tesse’s hug. She was a bit cold, and had an odd smell.

“I do,” he replied. “I told you if you would give me the chance, I would give you a night you wouldn’t forget,” he said with a smile. “I didn’t think you’d fall for the line,” he admitted. “The battanage was worth the multiple rejections. The chase.”

He really hoped he could change Tesse’s mind, to save her.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come back to the Castle with us?” he offered her. “I’m sure someone there could help you, once all this is over.”
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

Locked

Return to “Black Company and 13th Crossover Story”