4 - Crossover / Reporting In

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

4 - Crossover / Reporting In

Post by Daniel »

Reporting In at Castle Refuge

Anyone can attend this briefing at the Legion. If any members of the BC attend they are given a watchful guard before and during the briefing.
  • Chief Elle Looks at those assembled listening to their story ( There are few others from Legion Command in the room as well, including Captain Pender, and his assistant Ms. Dee). She seems particularly interested in checking the facts as it were. But, anyone paying close attention would see her true motivations are trying to discover how it all went wrong and by what force was the legion's leadership led astray.

At the end of it Chief Elle gives out a meaningful hoot. " I am... Sorry for the the trouble the Legion has caused the Black Company. Your information, the data recovered off of the chip you found in the radio station, Sammy's testimony, and umm Lord Coake's word make it clear we acted in haste and with such fervor that does not speak to our noble ideals." she looks down at the floor for a moment, " The Legion would official like to extend a pardon to all members of the Black Company and in fact recognize them and the 13th as Hero's of esteemed honor. It sounds like you have some unfinished business in Gloom, it sounds dire indeed. We would give you the Hell Pillars recovered during the Night of Hell. But they... they..." Her eyes shrink and her brow furrows, clearly something is troubling her.

From the back of the large audience chamber, a regal man of noble and heroic bearing steps forth. Lord Coake himself!

With a commanding voice well worn he says, " Chief, you may excuse yourself. I will finish this debriefing with direct words... Us heroes do not have time to parse and read in-between the lines." The chief, rather shocked excuses herself and the air in the chamber only intensifies.

" You would all do well to know, the black company has my sponsorship. Had I been present this last month, this blundering bag of Prosek's balls would have been avoided. The a fore mentioned Pillars were stolen mid transport on their way to Lazlo. We do not have the means of containing or destroying such artifacts, and my friend Plato offered to give us a hand. We are not sure who exactly stole them, but we do have two teams on their trail. I would expect them to send word of their location shortly. It would seem the cause of Gloom and our own intrests are joined in this matter. We will send you the location of the Pillars as soon as we know, and you will get them back and use them to gather a force to stop Geist..." His words soften at the name of Geist. For a moment he seems uncomfortable, " You should know your foe is cunning as she is beautiful. She spent the war directing the forces of Tolkeen on the western front. A Brilliant commander, she had strategies, and counter strategies... But she took the war in a direction to the detriment of all. She was the first to contact the Demonix, she delved into necromancy, and pacts with Deevils too often and too quickly. I doubt her soul is intact let alone belongs to her..." His words trail off as if he is relieving some memory.

He looks at the two groups assembled, " I will be in the castle for a short while, if you have any further questions you may ask Captain Pender, or Ms. Dee. If it is pressing I will make myself available to you. But I can't stay for too long. A Call for Heroes has been issued in the vampire kingdoms. We have one group of legionnaires embroiled in that area. They have yet to check in for some time. I feel I must pay a visit to these lands and see what Doc Reid is up too."

Lord Coake turns to leave stops and gives one more thought. " Don't be too hard on Cheif Elle, this was not her or the legions finest hour. One word of warning, a large force of from the federation of magic has been reportedly moving into the Area. The Legion is on high alert preparing for an attack..." Lord Coake chuckles, " They will find themselves sorely outmatched. We might not be musical prodigies, but we can rock." He gives the 13th a wink, and before he exits gathers the members of the BC. It is not until he turns that it is evident he is favoring his right side.

Cantrell
At some point the bumbling idiot captain Pender Lumkiss finds you at the Castle. As always he is followed by the rather sharp Ms. Dee.
" Uhh, Cantrell.... He glances down at the data padd he is holding. It fumbles out of his hand. Curtly Ms. Dee interjects. " We wanted to inform you no sign of Lucretia or Sir Seth have been found. It would seem the investigation team is still working on putting together a clear picture of the massive battle just outside whykin, 50 miles to the east. Evidence within the destruction shows, there may have been at least a dragon in the area. At least two enforcers were brought down by damage consistent with psi-blades."
The captain after retrieving the fallen padd, smiles sheepishly, " We wanted you to know we are still looking for them."

If you just want to attend the briefing and then head back to gloom, no time is wasted.

Additional Detail for the Black Company ONLY
  • Looking at the lead members of the Black Company Lord Coake softly smiles and says: "I am pleased that even in Blackwell's departure you have kept the name. The Tomorrow Legion is full of heroes and lofty dreams. They are good dreams, dreams and goals worthy of pursuit. Blackwell and I formed the company to safe guard the Tomorrow Legion vs threats it could not fight being so hampered by its morals. I greatly apologize, and I know it can never undo the harm the Tomorrow Legion has done to you. I have never held any command in the Black, just an advisor. I have assigned Sammy to be the official Tomorrow Legion liaison to the Black. It is my advice you rebuild and prepare. It sounds like Alecto has a list of coordinates that lead to the other hidden bases that Blackwell and I set up during the Tolkeen Wars. You might try talking this Ailbhe into joining your army when this is all over, I have not met her, but a ... odd man I once met who once worked with the Future's Brigade told me about her. Oh, if you happen to run across a Sir Seth Merihk, tell him to find me. What you do with the company is up to you, but if I have need I hope you take my call." Lord Coake hands a small pouch to one of you and continues, "Restart funds call it. The key in this bag opens a door beneath the Castle. Just look for the least likely path and open the door. Steel your minds before you venture in, not all of what is there is yours, but some is for the Company's, use it well. It was taken from the remaining Brigade before it was ... ended. Cade knows. Trust him. Go. Don't lose that key."
Black Company to respond to Lord Coake or head to the door beneath the Castle post HERE.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: 4 - Crossover / Reporting In

Post by Gargamel »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]

When he got chance, Gargamel found the Sky Rider and checked in his quarters. There he found the other bag that had contained the demon egg;
Identical, even down to the broken stitch at the top.

Gargamel returned with Cantrell, Hans, Carlos and Marcus to Castle Refuge, determined to sort out this debacle as one of the few remaining members of the Black Company who’d had bounties placed on them. He ensured the Sky Rider returned with them; provided that he was not about to end up in jail, there were people he needed to contact to provide assistance against Geist.

Sitting unarmed in the meeting room, with armed guards keeping a close eye on Hans and he, he watched as Lord Coake burst in and exonerated them.
‘Well, that was simple’ he thought, still not happy with the Legion. Perhaps that relationship can be repaired, but that will take a while. Perhaps if people believe the BC were not as affiliated with the Legion, it might have some benefits down the road.

Gargamel accepted the apology non-chalantly, more concerned with another issue.

"When we were accused, we had recovered the items we had been sent to retrieve, but we also rescued a tribe of children. I want to check how they are doing?"
OOC Comments
the kids would also be able to add some testimony regarding the BC as well as the returned items
LARS wrote:Looking at the lead members of the Black Company Lord Coake softly smiles and says: "I am pleased that even in Blackwell's departure you have kept the name. The Tomorrow Legion is full of heroes and lofty dreams. They are good dreams, dreams and goals worthy of pursuit. Blackwell and I formed the company to safe guard the Tomorrow Legion vs threats it could not fight being so hampered by its morals. I greatly apologize, and I know it can never undo the harm the Tomorrow Legion has done to you. I have never held any command in the Black, just an advisor. I have assigned Sammy to be the official Tomorrow Legion liaison to the Black. It is my advice you rebuild and prepare. It sounds like Alecto has a list of coordinates that lead to the other hidden bases that Blackwell and I set up during the Tolkeen Wars. You might try talking this Ailbhe into joining your army when this is all over, I have not met her, but a ... odd man I once met who once worked with the Future's Brigade told me about her. Oh, if you happen to run across a Sir Seth Merihk, tell him to find me. What you do with the company is up to you, but if I have need I hope you take my call." Lord Coake hands a small pouch to one of you and continues, "Restart funds call it. The key in this bag opens a door beneath the Castle. Just look for the least likely path and open the door. Steel your minds before you venture in, not all of what is there is yours, but some is for the Company's, use it well. It was taken from the remaining Brigade before it was ... ended. Cade knows. Trust him. Go. Don't lose that key."
"Cade as in the new guy who just joined up? And what is the Future Brigade?" Gargamel thought that things had been hidden from them and this confirmed it. His arrival had been no coincidence and it didn't look like they were getting rid of the cat anytime soon.
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
sammy

Post by sammy »

Sammy gives his account of what happened. He finishes his peice but adds one more thought before sitting down.
" Thrudh deserves to more than astrick out on that hall of heroes we got on that court yard. The black company might not be legion, but he deserves to remembered somewhere permanently." For a moment Sammy sighs and scratches his nose, " That big Grackle deserves an ever loving cigar and big barrel of engine degreaser. He might have led us for just a short time, but damn he was a hero! Please treat his memory right."
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Expecting it would be just Sammy and herself making the journey to Castle Refuge, Cantrell is a bit surprised when others start to gather at the staging area. She's glad to see Libertas among them -- though it looks like his presence may not be entirely voluntary -- and triggers the beacon.

The shifter who arrives moments later appears happy to oblige the larger group, opening a portal and ushering travelers through in an orderly fashion. She smiles as Cantrell approaches, a twinkle in her eye giving the former CS operative pause.

"Hello, I'm Sgt. Cantrell. And you are ... ?" she says, extending a hand. The shifter laughs, returning the handshake.

"Oh, we've met before. I was at the Drie Marbles Left show ... in the soundbooth ..." she says, still grinning.

Ah, okay. The one that did the thing with the other thing while doing a handstand, Cantrell thinks, recognizing the lopsided grin and the streak of red in the shifter's blonde hair. "Seen any good shows since then?"

The shifter's laughter rings like a bell as the rift closes behind them. "Nothing like that show ..."

Back at Castle Refuge, Cantrell dumps her gear off at her quarters then seeks out her CO for a debrief. Careful to omit nothing of a military nature (while glossing over, just a little, some of the particulars of the DML festivities ...), she relays the teams exploits since their departure from Silver Bluff.

" ... odd as it may sound, the captives rescued from the cave identified themselves as 'cheerleaders' ... attempts to avoid civilian casualties during the Arcane Company assault were generally successful, though lethal force was required during confrontations with a number of employees ... regretfully, Sgt. Banethro was lost due to some sort of time distortion triggered by the pilot's death ..."

She also hands over the datastick with the intelligence clearing the Black Company.

"Personality aside, everything I have personally witnessed of the Black Company's actions is consistent with continued loyalty to the Legion's goals, if not all of its ideals, and the 13th is happy to continue coordinating with them in defense of Gloom and in preparation for an assault on Geist Prime's stronghold."

Duties fulfilled, Cantrell excuses herself and grabs a few hours shuteye -- the first in what seems like days -- before the briefing with Lord Coake. Afterward, she seeks out Captain Pender, who relays the disappointing news, or lack thereof, regarding Sir Seth and Lucretia.

"Well, do keep us apprised of any new developments, and know that the 13th stands ready to assist if we can help with recon or recovery," she says, addressing Pender but speaking mostly for the benefit of Ms. Dee. "Also, before you go, there was something I wanted to talk to you about. I have some concerns about the recent behavior of one of the members of the SET, and wanted to know if perhaps you might be able to help ..."
OOC Comments
PM incoming to Pender

Unaccustomed to so much talking, Cantrell wants nothing more than to head back to her quarters and sleep for a week. But she won't be sleeping in her own bed tonight, or tomorrow for that matter.

Double-checking the directions she obtained from the ever-so-helpful shifter, Cantrell makes her way to one of the lower floors of the castle, where tubes of cabling hang from the stone ceilings and sounds of hammers and pneumatic drills echo through the long hallways.

The door to the castle's cyber-clinic hisses open as she approaches.

"Sgt. Cantrell. I see we have you scheduled for, ah, two procedures. Cybernetic neuro-muscular conductivity enhancement and installation of an active skillwire system and chipjack. I see from your dossier you previously had installed a self-regenerating pod of nanites for active immunotherapy and emergency surgical repair. That should speed up recovery time significantly, and your existing subject matter expert ports will allow us to interface with some of your existing hardware, rather than starting from scratch. Now, if you'll just sign here and here ..."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus would like a meeting with Lord Coake, if possible, and if he doesn't lose time before going back to Gloom.
OOC Comments
He wants his three weeks there.
If Coake is not available, he will depart without seeing him, waiting for another chance.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Carlos Caravello »

Lord Frakking Coake, Carlos thinks to himself as they stand before the legendary man - and public enemy of the Coalition States, If I wasn't beyond recovery by now, consorting with this guy means I am totally out of the CS. The apology for the false blame doesn't mean much to Vello, he joined the Black Company anyway - even knowing the accusations against him. What the hell does that say about me?

Grunting he nods to the lord of the cyberknights, "I like the sound of being the necessary something in between bad and good. Like rye whiskey from Iron Heart. Picks you up but leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I'll take your mission, and your money."
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus has to spend a week at Castle Refuge, getting some Cybernetics installed. On the last day there, and before he departs for Gloom, he casually bumps into Lord Coake in the hallway. He stands at attention, salutes and greets him.
"Lord Coake, sir, a word if you don't mind, sir!"
When Lord Cake accedes to the impromptu meeting, he talks to him.
"Sir, Permission to speak freely, sir! As you know I come from the New German Republic, where the fraternization with DBees is not accepted, and an alliance with them is out of the question. In my time here I start to... realize... there are some advantages to form alliances with some DBees. But I want to know how did you decide to go that way. Wouldn't it be easier to keep the Tomorrow Legion a human only army? What are you going to do with those DBees if you take back the earth? Do you think they will accept their relocation off-planet in a peaceful manner when the time comes?"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Notice 2 Including Wounds otherwise 4
Notice at -2 due Wounds
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Result: 2
"I am not happy with how quickly the Tomorrow Legion that supposedly fights for Justice turned on us, even going so far as to give a Dead or Alive bounty on our heads for something we did not do. That very bounty made the rumors they spread all the more credulous. Even with you now telling your people we are innocent of the betrayal, there will be some people saying that where there is smoke, there is fire."

"Before the revealing of Lord Coake's sponsorship, I would have demanded payment for the loss of income, the reasons for which I could go on about. Instead, I want your assurances that in the future, the Tomorrow Legion will only issue live capture bounties until the evidence of a group's actions can be investigated. In addition, I want your assurances that you will do whatever you can to help the population at large to believe that we did not turn on the tomorrow Legion."

Hans will be shopping at the stores set up at the castle. He will be picking up a few kegs of GOOD Dwarven Ale and Spirits. In addition, he will be helping Humble buy the items he wants (At least Hans knows how much they are worth), and buying the parts to put together another still or two, and the ingredients to make a few batches. Hopefully at least some of this can be done on the Tomorrow Legion's credits due to the damage to the Black Company's reputation, and that it will go towards the reconstruction efforts.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hans Greuber wrote:
Notice 2 Including Wounds otherwise 4
Notice at -2 due Wounds
Notice: [dice]27887:0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]27887:1[/dice]
Result: 2
"I am not happy with how quickly the Tomorrow Legion that supposedly fights for Justice turned on us, even going so far as to give a Dead or Alive bounty on our heads for something we did not do. That very bounty made the rumors they spread all the more credulous. Even with you now telling your people we are innocent of the betrayal, there will be some people saying that where there is smoke, there is fire."

"Before the revealing of Lord Coake's sponsorship, I would have demanded payment for the loss of income, the reasons for which I could go on about. Instead, I want your assurances that in the future, the Tomorrow Legion will only issue live capture bounties until the evidence of a group's actions can be investigated. In addition, I want your assurances that you will do whatever you can to help the population at large to believe that we did not turn on the tomorrow Legion."

Hans will be shopping at the stores set up at the castle. He will be picking up a few kegs of GOOD Dwarven Ale and Spirits. In addition, he will be helping Humble buy the items he wants (At least Hans knows how much they are worth), and buying the parts to put together another still or two, and the ingredients to make a few batches. Hopefully at least some of this can be done on the Tomorrow Legion's credits due to the damage to the Black Company's reputation, and that it will go towards the reconstruction efforts.
Lord Coake comes face to face with Hans, you can tell his eyes are burning and he is bitting back his inner turmoil about this whole affair. " Hans, whether you make a demand or not has little value to add to what I just gave you." His sword ignites coming between them. " If you think for a moment that I would personally allow anyone to tarnish an organization bearing my dear friends name and filled with heroes... You... You..." For a moment he shudders and silences the sword. He wipes his eyes and looks at Hans directly, " I wish I had never met Victoria Geist, perhaps my dear friend would still be alive and you would have been spared this hardship. I can only recommend to the leadership they be more prudent in any bounties they issue... But dead is not in their idealistic interest. I think this whole affair has seen to the end of it." Just before he finishes, he leans in and whispers to Hans, " Hopefully it will do your heart some good to know the bodies silenced that would dare speak out against the Black Company can be counted on one hand and 5 toes."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

OOC Comments
Turning to leave Hans, Lord Coake calls back over his shoulder.

"You want to direct your anger at someone for how things went? If you need to hate, hate the CS. They are the ones who took over the radio station in secret and with Molly, a CS spy, and were able to pin blame on the BC. Molly and the CS set you up, set up the BC in order to take you out. They killed the rest of the BC in a battle in the Great Lakes Area as you know. They wanted you guys gone too. We can both be glad that you are alive. Between Molly being stopped and a traitor that was working here in the Castle, who I have removed, things should not be so bad again. Now, go take that key to beneath this Castle and get some more answers."

Coake leaves, sees Markus heading towards him and grumbles.

Markus: "Sir, Permission to speak freely, sir! As you know I come from the New German Republic, where the fraternization with DBees is not accepted, and an alliance with them is out of the question. In my time here I start to... realize... there are some advantages to form alliances with some DBees. But I want to know how did you decide to go that way. Wouldn't it be easier to keep the Tomorrow Legion a human only army? What are you going to do with those DBees if you take back the earth? Do you think they will accept their relocation off-planet in a peaceful manner when the time comes?"

Lord Coake walks and listens to Markus as they head down the hallway away from the Dwarf.

"Markus. In the war that is coming, humanity will not be enough. If I were to only allow Humans into the Fight for Survival of all Worlds, all Realities...we'd be toast. You keep asking me what .. what... what if Grasshoppers had Machine Guns Markus. The birds would be fudged, that's what. You are doing a great job with the Legion. You just need to know, every D-Bee you let live is one more that can fight for us. To save us all. To save the CS, save the NGR, save the Legion, we need every able body no matter where they are from."

Stopping in the hallway, Lord Coake looks at Markus.

"I am not from Earth. I am a dimensional being, a D-Bee. I hold no weapons in my hands. Will you kill me? Go on Markus. Kill me, I am not human.

Or do you think that just maybe its more important to let me live, and other D-Bee's too, to fight for you! Direct your hate at demons and deevils and creatures of chaos. Those are your enemies, not every D-Bee you see. If the members of your own SET have not shown you what heroes non humans can be, and how humane non humans can be, I have only fear for you. I must go Markus. I am both proud of you and the 13th and a little worried about your future. Until next time, I bid you safe journeys sir."

Lord Coake pulls out a red crystal and starts talking to the TW communicator: "Pick me up in the eastern wing Charlie Drake, I am ready to go."

Lars Comment
Once in boot camp I heard a 18 year old kid asked, "What if..." that's all he said before a drill instructor screamed at him, "What if! What if grasshoppers had machine guns?! The birds would be fucked!" I'll never forget that, was hilarious.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Gargamel wrote:"Cade as in the new guy who just joined up? And what is the Future Brigade?"
Cade, who was leaning back in his chair, bored, returned the flask to a pocket and looked at Gargamel.
"Hawtdamn. I forgot dis 'verse was not fully aware of the Brigade. I'll fill ya in on what I know as we go. Under the Castle sounds ominious. Fun."

Standing up Cade offers his hand to Gargamel, "Yes. Cade Williams. New guy."
OOC Comments
Will head off to here: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 440#p21616 and talk more with Gargamel.
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle

Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble was told to report in and so he came with the others. Following them through he found the tiny confines of Castle Refuge uncomfortable to move in and even rest in. While listening to the speech of all the people then hearing Hans challenge the knight Humble was surprised when the man denied any of the responsibility. It annoyed him, a man of honor does his work out front if you want someone killed you should be forthright about it. No denying it was you or hiding behind excuses. This was a General, a commander of commanders and if Humble was going to be listening to and following Hans he needed to know Hans was following the right people.
The woman had apologized and admitted her mistake, it was stealing from her honor for this Knight to blame the CS. Looking at the Knight as he prepared to walk away Humble said. “No.” Focusing his attention fully he finished. “She say sorry. That good, no blame others.” The conversation finished Humble waited to see if the man would punish him.
Once things where settled and he found he was still welcomed in the Company he followed Hans down to the basement. Wondering if they would have food when they got there, he was getting hungry.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Humble wrote:Humble was told to report in and so he came with the others. Following them through he found the tiny confines of Castle Refuge uncomfortable to move in and even rest in. While listening to the speech of all the people then hearing Hans challenge the knight Humble was surprised when the man denied any of the responsibility. It annoyed him, a man of honor does his work out front if you want someone killed you should be forthright about it. No denying it was you or hiding behind excuses. This was a General, a commander of commanders and if Humble was going to be listening to and following Hans he needed to know Hans was following the right people.
The woman had apologized and admitted her mistake, it was stealing from her honor for this Knight to blame the CS. Looking at the Knight as he prepared to walk away Humble said. “No.” Focusing his attention fully he finished. “She say sorry. That good, no blame others.” The conversation finished Humble waited to see if the man would punish him.
Once things where settled and he found he was still welcomed in the Company he followed Hans down to the basement. Wondering if they would have food when they got there, he was getting hungry.
Coake does come close to the big man he has pity in his eyes when he sees Humble, " If I were in your position Humble, I would be like Hans... Angry at the way the world treated me, desiring to be compensated. Cheif Elle's sorry is not good enough. I am to blame, those that set you up are to blame, those that believed the lie so easily are to blame... Damit! Blackwell, the black company, it was always meant to tread a fine line between hero and antihero... Do the job that others could not stomach. I can't punish you for feeling the way you do, you have every right. I hope though I can restore your good name... Enough so that when the Tomorrow Legion and or I have need of you, you will consider it a priority.... The Legion is coming into a perilous time, they will need the black company more now than ever before." He casts one last glance at Humble, " I am glad to see you are on our side this time, Humble."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Lord Coake wrote:"Markus. In the war that is coming, humanity will not be enough. If I were to only allow Humans into the Fight for Survival of all Worlds, all Realities...we'd be toast. You keep asking me what .. what... what if Grasshoppers had Machine Guns Markus. The birds would be fudged, that's what. You are doing a great job with the Legion. You just need to know, every D-Bee you let live is one more that can fight for us. To save us all. To save the CS, save the NGR, save the Legion, we need every able body no matter where they are from."
"I am more worried that every DBee we let live can fight AGAINST us..."
Lord Coake wrote:"I am not from Earth. I am a dimensional being, a D-Bee. I hold no weapons in my hands. Will you kill me? Go on Markus. Kill me, I am not human."
Markus, pale, seems very taken aback by Lord Coake's declaration.
"Not from Earth? But you are human! I would never ever attack or betray you. In fact, when we were attacked in Gloom, I had the strangest dream..."
If able, he will tell Lord Coake of the dream of them both attacking the Tomorrow Legion.
Lord Coake wrote:"Or do you think that just maybe its more important to let me live, and other D-Bee's too, to fight for you! Direct your hate at demons and deevils and creatures of chaos. Those are your enemies, not every D-Bee you see. If the members of your own SET have not shown you what heroes non humans can be, and how humane non humans can be, I have only fear for you. I must go Markus. I am both proud of you and the 13th and a little worried about your future. Until next time, I bid you safe journeys sir."
Markus stands at attention, salutes, and says his farewell.
"I'll try my best, sir! I won't let you down, sir!"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto, having come along on the assurance that the journey would be expedited both ways via a Shifter's magic, accompanies the others quietly. She simply observes the interplay of the others, measuring Lord Coake's words and the reactions they provoke. When the Black Company is offered a path apart, she follows it without comment. She feels Hans and Gargamel are, between them, adequately expressing the range of emotions felt by her company. Better that the message not be muddled, so long as she is satisfied with it.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Return to “Black Company and 13th Crossover Story”