Scara's Tower: Part 2 the other side

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Scara's Tower: Part 2 the other side

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

+1 benny for making it thus far and for of course your guys most excellent rp :lol:

15 minutes have elapsed

A notice roll is not required for this scene. It is optional and will fall under the rules for notice below.

Stealth, guile, a little luck, and skill found the assult team avoiding a rampaging horde of murder wraiths and a well attuned gate gaurdian. Beaten and battered, but with most carrying extra loot the assult team heads down the cavern and rocky face through a red hot portal and into a domain black as the night sky without any stars. It takes a minute or so to adjust and realign the modern sensors to the morass of utter dark that greets you. Sadly Jitters was not kidding when he speculated that the sun does not shine in this domain.

The team finds themselves on a wide plato that backs up against a small cliff. For right now you are unnoticed and have several precious seconds to regroup and rest.

Two paths of sort seem to be immidately accessable. One path to the left seems to wind itself down the barren hillside into a valley. The torch light in the valley can be barely made out, but the sounds of guggled cries, unnatural groans would indicate it is the undead army the mystic knights had mentioned. Something about them being Uruki from a world known as middle earth. From the sounds of the army, and that is what it would appear to be it could change the tide of battle if it were to join Geist's forces.

The second path would seem to lead to the right and along a great stretch of barren plains. The only thing on this path worthy of note are large razor like black monolithic hooks jutting up out of the ground. It would lead to the base of a dark tower with a gloomy green energy swirling about it. Clearly that would be Scara's tower.

The portal itself seems to be a complex series of runes and carved stones placed upon a ring of solid platnium. Given time, it seems feasible that a well accomplished student of the arcane arts might be able to figure out how it works and even how to disable it. On the plato is an amazing amount of what could only be described as junk, wonders, hidden death, and luck untouched. Any intrepid adventure with enough spunk could certainly poke arround and find something unexpected. The murky darkness makes trying to sift through the cornicopia that is strewn accross the plato somewhat difficult to descern certain doom from wonderous wonder.

There is a third path high above you, you can just make out the sillouette of a precarious bridge path that stretches from the cliff face up and behind you running the length of the barren plains seemingly defying gravity to the tower itself. It is hard to make out, and looks awefully narrow, a fall from it would leave you most likely hurt, possibly dead, and definately wide out in the open. While on this bridge you would be hard pressed to dodge any area effects and if the enemy saw you up their there would be little retreat from any force they send out to meet you. The good thing is that the top bridge like path does connect with nearly the top of scara's tower. It would presumably put you close to Scara's library, and the ring you were sent to recover.

Notice, not required for this scene
Notice is not required for this scene and any and all notice rolls will be assumed to fall under the below guidelines!
Any player wanting to find something hidden can make a notice roll at -2, or -4 if lacking a modern armor (Night vision negates the scene penalty). Fail loose a benny as luck is not with you. Crit fail, roll 1d4 wounds as the worse happens. Success consult the table below:
Roll 1d4 on each success and raise, keep the "best" result:
  • 1) Some more than fortune is with you. A parasitic wonder crawls up in you enhancing your already incredible abilities. Increase any attribute by 1 die type.
    2) Fortune smiles like an attractive lady from across the way blowing you a kiss and then mistakes you for Jude Maverick, receive +2 benny
    3) Wow, you just found an epic weapon! Player can choose any normal weapon and add 4pts of AP to it plus an additional 2 pts of damage. This can even be a current weapon, as bits of bio wizardry glum onto it making it more deadly.
    4) Not your day by far, welcome to Paralysis. The effect will wear off at some point in the next scene, it will give players an additional -2 to their rolls and yours as they now have to account for your dead weight. Note this is cumulative...

Either path is devoid of cover and opportunities for immediate concealment, you would have to be a master thief to approach unnoticed. In the distance the heavy clomps of a robotic footfall remind the assault team that roaming patrols may be approaching from above the plato the team is on.

The allies that have come with the group seem split on which path to take...
Tesse the mystic CEAL lovingly grunts, " My master iswell informed of your coming, Over the last two weeks I have given her a full report on your abilities. You should have seen her laugh with great glee. Take the path on the right and we will be unmolested."

The weakened Crystal Claw leaning against Jude and Vello for support weakly whispers, " The path to the left... If there is a large army there we must gather information and find a way if possible to stop them here. The fate of Gloom depends on us making sure that army does not make it to Geist... We may encounter heavy resistance but... For my friends, for my father we must go."

The well presented and sharply dressed Herr Klaus adjusts his uniform. He nods and stands at attention, " The path through the sky bridge is the one a hero would take. Full of danger, and not everyone will make it... But she would never know we were coming. I would surmise if we pulled it off resistance would be slim." Th short farie like kobold looks down at the barren landscape and his unprotected feet.
Epic Loot Grab
+3 bennies and a battlefury blade or equivlent (legendary item) to the first player to post giving away your position
Pitch Darkness of this realm
Targets aren't visible at all in pitch blackness, but if a character knows roughly where a victim is (he can hear him, target is in a confined space, a glint of light shines off his blade, etc.), he may be attacked at –4.
  • low light vision does not help
  • modern rift armors reduce the penalty to -2
  • night vision ignores the illumination penalty
Take a breather and a moment to rest. Talk about which path you want to take. Heal up if you are able. Short on bennies toss in a short story of a lost love that for some reason stirrs your heart in this forsaken place... +1 benny for such a story. MOST IMPORTANTLY SOMEONE MUST DECLARE WHICH PATH WILL BE TAKEN BY THE END OF THE WEEK.
Attachments
IMG_0233.JPG
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Scara's Tower: Part 2 the other side

Post by Carlos Caravello »

"Okay, let's get our selves together." He casts a glance over at the pretty boy, I'll bet his fan club wouldn't want to see that. Nodding in his direction, Carlos asks Hans to lend a hand, "Hans - Jude looks like hell. The sound of women everywhere weeping at the sight of him will definitely give us away. See if one of your gizmos can hook him up." Surveying the rest of the group the old merc looks for s situation report, "Everyone else in tact?"

Donning his new anti-grav pack Vello does a quick systems check to make sure it will work in this new world - travelling dimensions means your gear doesn't always work like it should. Then he starts assessing their options. None of the paths were optimal and each brought risks of their own. The mission was the ring, so although gaining intelligence was important it was a secondary objective. The goal here should be to avoid detection. When Klaus mentions the bridge Carlos looks up and grunts, "That way is too risky, moving over the plains we can set the pace and move under cover. It may be longer but it may also be safer." With green lights on his system check, Vello smiles Well if we do take the bridge at least thins thing will keep me from falling to my doom.

With his instruments adjusted to the perpetual darkness, Vello takes a minute to try and get the lay of the land and look for anything that may be of use in their endeavours.
Notice 8
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]

[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]
Searching is made difficult by the presence of alien overgrowth. Drawing his vibro sword Vello hacks at it to make a better view plane. He is surprised when his sword bites hard into it, rather than slicing the material easily. Pulling his sword back he looks a little closer, the growth appears to be some sort of carbon based silicate that is both super rigid and likable at the same time. Looking at his sword he also sees the stuff is stuck on there and beginning to bond with the metal blade...Hmm, seems like this stuff grows on metal rather than soil. Super weird. Unable to clean it off, Vello makes a note to monitor the effect on his sword.
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4
Blackfish
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Blackfish »

No Wounds (had 1), Hans Mass Healed. (thank you).
Notice
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice], Ace [dice]2[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]

A parasitic wonder crawls up in you enhancing your already incredible abilities. Increase any attribute by 1 die type. Creepy and alright... Vigor Increased.
Z twitches and brushes some bugs off her arm, hoping she got them all off her, she lifts the CP-50 and looks around at the land through the TY10 Scope.

Zieja stays close to Alecto and Jude, and follows orders on the direction to go.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Mass Healing
Weird Science (+4 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Difficulty)
  • Weird Science: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
    Result: 13 - Success with Raise(s). Targets heal 2 Wounds (All Friendly targets within 16"). Cost 10 PPE
Other Healing
Healing on Jude - Weird Science (+4 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Difficulty)
  • Weird Science: [dice]8[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]9[/dice]
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise. Jude Heals 2 Wounds. Cost 3 PPE
Healing on Samson - Weird Science (+4 due Machine Maestro, -1 due Difficulty)
  • Weird Science: [dice]10[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]11[/dice]
    Result: 11 - Success with Raise. Samson Heals 2 Wounds. Cost 3 PPE
Notice
Notice (No Modifier due Armor's Nightvision Mode)
Notice: [dice]2[/dice]
Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort: [dice]5[/dice]+2 (Elan)
Result: 10 - Success with Raise
  • Best of 2 Rolls:
    • [dice]6[/dice]
    • [dice]7[/dice]
      • Fortune smiles like an attractive lady from accross the way blowing you a kiss and then mistakes you for Jude Maverick, receive +2 benny
Once everyone is safely through the portal, Hans draws upon the power of his Mithril Band of Healing and sends out green energy that heals those nearby of their wounds, then touches those still wounded with his glowing hand. Looking around, Hans hopes that none of the residents of this plane have noticed the light from near the portal. Looking quickly around, Hans takes an assessment of the surroundings.

"Alecto, I hope nobody nearby noticed the light. Either we leave immediately, my preference being to be the path to the Right, or we wait a bit for me to study this portal before we go. Also, repairs to you should take 5 to 10 minutes to complete, but there are some others here that should be able to help with those repairs."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Notice
Notice; modern armor reduces penalty to -2
[dice]0[/dice]

Benny for extra effort with prior and Elan
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]

Roll for result, best of 2 rolls
[dice]3[/dice] -- increase stat by 1 die type - Spirit to d12+1
[dice]4[/dice]
Samson happily receives the healing from Hans' slick trick. "Oooh, hey, that's...that's better. Thanks, boss! I'm good as new!" Indeed, Samson's wounds seal up tight, and he looks limber and ready to go.

He looks around, taking stock of the choices laid out in front of them. "I know I'm not upper eschelon management or anything...but if the goal is a shiny in the tower, seems like that bridge is likely to take us right to it, yeah? Hardest road might be the easiest. But I'm not in charge. Handsome Dan over here -" he head-nods towards Jude "- doesn't look exactly like he's got the grasp of the whole 'covert ops' end of things, know what I'm sayin'? Not personal, guy. Just...you know. We're pretty lucky the lava beetle thing didn't get wind of your little slip'n'fall. Glad you're still with us though. Don't need you turning in to murder wraith meat. That's a bad way to go. I know a guy who...never mind."
He shrugs. "Alecto, Vello, Hans, near as I know, you're in charge. I'm following you. Just for what it's worth, I'm game for the high road, know what I'm sayin'?"
Samson Malach
Samson Malach character sheet
Bennies: 3 (+2 interlude & dream, +1 post rate, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, +2 assist Vello, -1 EE Scara's Tower, -1 soak Scara's Tower, +1 saving the complications, -1 Spirit for Stealth, -2 Stealth rerolls, +1 murder wraith music, +1 portal / Scara's tower scene, -1 Scara's tower EE notice for loot, +1 for joker, -1 EE Fighting murder wrait, -1 reroll damage, +1 EP spent, -1 EE Mind Control, +1 stairway, -1 EE crossing bridge, +1 Fate's End post, +1 Black Burger, +1 final battle scene, +1 megaversal legion pic, -1 EE smarts, -1 EE shooting, +1 final round)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
ISP: 40 / 40
Parry: 6
Toughness: 29 (18) (Iron Mage Glitter Boy armor)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Quick, Brave, Elan, Telemechanics, Ambidextrous
Weapon in hand: Ringil
Weapon in holster: Iceblast Shotgun
Adventure Cards:
  • Flesh Wound: Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene".
    Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
    Arcane Inspiration: ***PLAYED***When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action, or use a power he doesn't have.
Edit Signature
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 6
-2 scene modifier
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]5[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Jude groaned quietly as the dwarf healed him. Oh, that felt better!

“Thanks,” Jude said, poking around his injuries. Well, everything seemed to be in its place. “And I take back anything I ever said about dwarf junk.” He flashed Hans a smile, though he didn’t know if the dwarf could see it given it was pitch freaking black here! If it wasn’t for his armor, Jude wouldn’t be able to see anything.

“Handsome Dan over here," Samson head-nodded towards Jude, "doesn't look exactly like he's got the grasp of the whole 'covert ops' end of things, know what I'm sayin'? Not personal, guy. Just...you know. We're pretty lucky the lava beetle thing didn't get wind of your little slip'n'fall. Glad you're still with us though. Don't need you turning in to murder wraith meat. That's a bad way to go. I know a guy who...never mind."

Jude glared at the Black Company mercenary. “I never claimed to be some kind of soldier,” he said. “Whatever. Fuck off.” Jude walked off, going to examine the three paths they could take. He wished Cantrell were here. What had he done to get separated off from his team? The one member here, Zieja, he barely knew, because she wasn’t his Z. He glanced over at her and Markus.

Crystal, Klaus, and Tesse began spouting off their suggestions for which way to go. Jude glanced up at the bridge to the top of the tower.

“Much as I really don’t like the idea of more climbing, I do agree with the bridge route,” he said. “Sorry, Crystal, but I want to save you, and our mission is the ring. If we can do something about that army -- close the portal or something -- we will.”

Jude noticed the detritus around them, and some of the others pawing through it. He moved around, shifting things with his foot, bending over to peer down in it.

“What’s thi--” Jude started to say, picking up something. Strange energy erupted from the device, enveloping his body. Jude stiffened, and then fell over, unmoving, seemingly uninjured, but breathing.

Conditions
Paralyzed
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Mission Objectives
1. Get ring from Scara’s Tower
2. Fix the soul jar and free Crystal’s soul (something in Scara’s library)
Found 4 Paralysis. Of. Fucking. Course.
[dice]6[/dice]
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Knowledge Arcana 10
Knowledge(Arcana) at +2 due Scholar for studying the Portal, plus possible +4 due Machine Maestro
Knowledge: [dice]0[/dice]
  • Bennie Reroll: [dice]2[/dice]+2 (Elan)
    Wild: [dice]3[/dice]+2 (Elan)
Result: 10 - Success with Raise?
Looking briefly at Jude, Hans realizes that the human commanding the Tomorrow Legion half of their team is again in trouble.

"Looks like Jude needs some help... again. Someone else should get him, because I am going to study this portal as much as time will permit. Knowing how to lock, shutdown, or change the destination could all be useful., and I won't know what all would even be possible with it until I study it."

Starting to really study the gate, Hans reaches out to touch the portal to perhaps interface with it and really find out about it.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Turning from his observation of the local flora, Vello looks down ag the paralyzed Jude and shakes his head, "The legion's best and brightest right there."

Chuckling he bends down and examines the man for a second to make sure he's not injured - poking him with an armored finger to see if he moves, "Dude's out of it. Not sure if he can hear us or not. Anyone got a medical scanner?"

If no one answers Carlos simply hefts Jude over his shoulder. "Always said having good guys around was just dead weight."
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Samson shakes his head at Jude. "Come on, guy. You're in the wrong place to go poking around strange things. I knew this one guy one time, he was in a Stormspire sewer. Bent down to pick up...never mind. You got him, Vello?"
Samson reaches over and gives Jude enough of a smack on the face to try to wake him up. As he does so, a parasite that had made its way onto Jude's face latches instead onto Malach's hand. Unbeknownst to him, the parasite works its way up his arm, finding a small cut on Samson's shoulder. A few moments later, Samson...feels better. "I don't know about you guys, but, uh...I don't know. I'm feeling pretty good. I've got a really positive feeling about this; like it's all gonna work out, even though we have to lug around Handsome Dan here."
Samson Malach
Bennies: 3 (+2 interlude & dream, +1 post rate, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, -1 Spirit for Persuasion, -1 EE Persuasion, +2 assist Vello, -1 EE Scara's Tower, -1 soak Scara's Tower, +1 saving the complications, -1 Spirit for Stealth, -2 Stealth rerolls, +1 murder wraith music, +1 portal / Scara's tower scene, -1 Scara's tower EE notice for loot, +1 for joker, -1 EE Fighting murder wrait, -1 reroll damage, +1 EP spent, -1 EE Mind Control, +1 stairway, -1 EE crossing bridge, +1 Fate's End post, +1 Black Burger, +1 final battle scene, +1 megaversal legion pic, -1 EE smarts, -1 EE shooting, +1 final round)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Quick, Brave, Elan, Telemechanics, Ambidextrous
Adventure Cards:
  • Flesh Wound: Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene".
    Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement)
    Arcane Inspiration: ***PLAYED***When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action, or use a power he doesn't have.
Edit Signature
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus, unharmed, is happy the magiks they used to cure the group doesn't affect him. He is not comfortable with using those forbidden rituals. He misses, again, the NGR, and the use of trusting science to heal, without recurring to evil rituals.
And talking about Triax science, he smiles under his armor helmet when he realizes whatever evil dimension he is now, is unable to cause him a problem with darkness. He is able to see just fine and proceeds to examine the place they are now...
Notice: 12 (Sucess and 2 raises)
OOC Comments
Roll (+2 Sight based): [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Benny to extra effort: [dice]2[/dice]
3 "found" rolls: [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice]
2) Fortune smiles like an attractive lady from across the way blowing you a kiss and then mistakes you for Jude Maverick, receive +2 benny
3) Wow, you just found an epic weapon! Player can choose any normal weapon and add 4pts of AP to it plus an additional 2 pts of damage. This can even be a current weapon, as bits of bio wizardry glum onto it making it more deadly.
Will go for the "3" option.
They are not the first ones from their earth to come to this world, as he finds a very North American weapon hidden in the dark. It is big, heavy and crude. But obviously packs a punch. Markus can learn to love it. He stash it, grabs his Grenade Launcher, and points towards the army below.
"You know, I feel lucky. We rain some good plasma grenades on them, kill a lot of those dirty DBees, and then, when they realize what is happening, we escape by the bridge. It is small, so the army won't be able to catch up with us."
He angles the grenade launcher for maximum effect and prepares to fire.
"Let's show these dirty beasts what we humans are made of!"
OOC Comments
If you want to stop him, you can. If not, you might as well join the fun.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Samson does a double-take at the German's cavalier attitude. He whispers as loudly as is still remotely a whisper. "Holy hairy hellfire, guy! What are you trying to do here?! We're carrying the carcass of your dead weight armed-like-a-soldier-but-isn't-a-soldier pretty boy, which knocks us down two unless we drop him on his coconut right where we stand. Hairy Tapdancing Krishna, man! Don't you people know anything about covert ops? Black bag? Commander Alecto, what kind of amateur hour Mickey Mouse operatives did we get stuck with here?! Are we letting him pop off right now?!"
He backs away from Markus, hoping to be spared from whatever return-trajectory artillery might be pointed at him if he actually pulls the trigger.
Samson Malach
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The smartly dressed German Kobold swiftly moves from attention to action. He whispers in a german accent, " We need to asses our situation Markus. Let us not be rambunctious." The fairy Kobold takes his magical hammer and knocks Markus' weapon with it. The grenade assembly falls out. Herr Klaus grimaces at the fallen weaponry as he clearly wished he has not done that. The hammer seems to be less special now. " If it is your desire to take down the army as Crystal implores, then use this murky night to your advantage and scout their positions so we can be sure we have the advantage."

Hans, when you touch the portal the control mechanism comes to life, as if a black organic techno serpent. It slithers to and fro in a circle as lomg as you make contact. It has a control rod that, now that it is an organic, moves along its spine directing the portal to different places marked specifically in glowing purple glyphs. The language is very foreign, and each glyph is written in a different language. Although on of the glyphs seems some form of elvish.
Hans
It seems the device is fairly user friendly, and to disable it all your have to do is dystroy the serpant in its bio form and or the control rod. The easiest way to dystroy or disable it would be while it is active meaning someone would need to be left behind. In your head you hear, Feed me your energy and I shall reopen the portal. Use the rod to spin the wheel, choose your desination. Over and over this is repeated.
OOC Comments
the launcher can be repaired with a repair roll of -2
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 5 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

"Looks like Jude needs some help... again. Someone else should get him, because I am going to study this portal as much as time will permit. Knowing how to lock, shutdown, or change the destination could all be useful., and I won't know what all would even be possible with it until I study it," Hans said.

Jude stared straight ahead. All he could see was the dim light of the torches from below. Thanks, you smelly dwarf, he thought to himself

Carlos’ face loomed into Jude’s vision.

"The legion's best and brightest right there," Vello said.

Yeah, and you need to shave there, mutton chops.

"Dude's out of it. Not sure if he can hear us or not. Anyone got a medical scanner?" Carlos poked him in the face with his armored finger.

If I were a mind melter, I’d make you cluck like a chicken, you piece of shit!

"Always said having good guys around was just dead weight."

If you think I’m good, introduce me to your sister, Jude grumbled inwardly.

"Come on, guy. You're in the wrong place to go poking around strange things. I knew this one guy one time, he was in a Stormspire sewer. Bent down to pick up...never mind. You got him, Vello?"

That was the Samson guy from the BC, right?

Yep. And he slapped Jude in the face.

I hope the Uruk-Hai gnaw your face, Jude groused.

And then, out of Jude’s sight, Markus goes off. Jude groaned inwardly. Don’t make this worse, you German d-bag!

"Holy hairy hellfire, guy! What are you trying to do here?! We're carrying the carcass of your dead weight armed-like-a-soldier-but-isn't-a-soldier pretty boy, which knocks us down two unless we drop him on his coconut right where we stand. Hairy Tapdancing Krishna, man! Don't you people know anything about covert ops? Black bag? Commander Alecto, what kind of amateur hour Mickey Mouse operatives did we get stuck with here?! Are we letting him pop off right now?!"

Jude wished he was deaf as well as paralyzed. The man was right. He had no business in a situation like this. Cantrell should be here, leading this mission. Who was he kidding? Nicole was the soldier. Jude was supposed to be pushing paper and schmoozing the upper echelons of Coalition society.

I want to go home.

Conditions
Paralyzed
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

You hear the cursing in Euro as Markus picks up the pieces from his grenade launcher, and tries to fix it.
"Was zum Teufel hast du dir dreckig gemacht, DBee? Wir werden später darüber reden! Und halte dich von nun an von meinen Waffen fern, sonst wirst du sie ganz nah sehen!"
OOC Comments
"What the hell did you do you dirty DBee? We will have a talk about this later! And keep away from my weapons from now on, or you will see them real close!"
As he is repairing it, he won't attack... for now.
Repair: 5 (Success)
OOC Comments
Roll (+4 Cybernetics -2 Scene): [dice]0[/dice]
OOC Comments
Any chance of him "bonding" with Herr Klaus is off the table now.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Samson shakes his head at Markus. "I don't speak phlegm, but I'm pretty sure your buddy there just saved all of our necks. Yours included. Relax, Hair Tough Guy. I'm sure the pea shooter will be just fine." "Hair" was clearly intended to be a very Americanized "herr."
"Judas priest. Can we get a move on? This place wigs me all the way out."
Samson Malach
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Samson Malach wrote:Samson shakes his head at Markus. "I don't speak phlegm, but I'm pretty sure your buddy there just saved all of our necks. Yours included. Relax, Hair Tough Guy. I'm sure the pea shooter will be just fine." "Hair" was clearly intended to be a very Americanized "herr."
"Haven't seen the day a DBee saves my neck. And if he wanted me to wait, he had only to ask. Sabotage... I'll square off with the small DBee once we are back to safety."
Markus keeps working on his "pea shooter".

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Markus Berger wrote:
Samson Malach wrote:Samson shakes his head at Markus. "I don't speak phlegm, but I'm pretty sure your buddy there just saved all of our necks. Yours included. Relax, Hair Tough Guy. I'm sure the pea shooter will be just fine." "Hair" was clearly intended to be a very Americanized "herr."
"Haven't seen the day a DBee saves my neck. And if he wanted me to wait, he had only to ask. Sabotage... I'll square off with the small DBee once we are back to safety."
Markus keeps working on his "pea shooter".
Herr Klaus, stands at attention well postured to receive the discipline Markus will deal out, " Markus, I needed to act quickly, perhaps too quickly. I have stepped over the line. If you wish me to end slam this hammer on the ground and my punishment will be swift." He snaps too handing his hammer over to Markus... " Or I can help you put the launcher back together. I am well adept in repairing weapons and armor." His hammer is at Markus' mercy.
OOC Comments
Accepting Herr Klaus' help adds +2 to repair.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Herr Klaus, stands at attention well postured to receive the discipline Markus will deal out, " Markus, I needed to act quickly, perhaps too quickly. I have stepped over the line. If you wish me to end slam this hammer on the ground and my punishment will be swift." He snaps too handing his hammer over to Markus... " Or I can help you put the launcher back together. I am well adept in repairing weapons and armor." His hammer is at Markus' mercy.
Markus refuses to get the hammer and doesn't even look at the DBee. He keeps working on his Grenade Launcher.
"I have no intention to grab your cursed hammer. No thank you. I don't know what evil magiks it has inside. When we are back into safety you and me will have a talk about..." - he signals the weapon - "... this. But until then keep away from me and my stuff."
OOC Comments
Playing his hindrance, he distrusts DBees. Herr Klaus more than many, right now.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

"Enough."

Alecto looked back at the others.

"Markus. Klaus. Samson. Carlos. We are squadmates. Our lives are in one another's hands. Save your personal disputes for later."

She returned her gaze to the tower.

"Hans. How long will it take you to disable this portal? If it doesn't work, the army will not be able to instantly move away from here. We can take the tower, and use it as a fortification to engage them, reducing the advantage of their numbers."

The android went to Jude and examined him for a moment, then added, "While he works, a field medical examination of Jude is needed, to assess how he can be returned to normal."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice #
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge #
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Jude stared back at Alecto as she leaned over him. You can examine me any time, love, he thought, trying to smile.

Damn.

At least he was still breathing. He gave what sounded like a frustrated sigh.

Okay, G.I. Android, now with Battle Damage!!!, isn’t quite as hot. That red, glowing eye thing is kind of freaky, actually.

He couldn’t close his eyes, but he tried to visualize her again in that dress, on the balcony in Gloom again.

Hey, anybody have some eye drops? Kind of drying out here...

Conditions
Paralyzed
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Alecto wrote:"Enough."
Alecto looked back at the others.
"Markus. Klaus. Samson. Carlos. We are squadmates. Our lives are in one another's hands. Save your personal disputes for later."
"Sir yes sir! I will save them for later..."
He says the last part looking at Herr Klaus.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Samson nods to Alecto. "Yes, commander. I have no gripes, but will happily reserve forming gripes until after we are out of this shaggy mess." He pauses a moment. "Commander, respectfully, attacking these things blind, even if we find a fortified position, sounds like a very bad idea. Maybe I'm mistaken, but that sounds like a really large number of tangoes for our little handful of heavy hitters and one vegetable to take. I respectfully request or recommend reconnoiter to get at least a basic accounting. Hundred? Fair. Let's dance. Thousand? Bad idea, no matter where we are. All I'm slinging is Handsome Dan's rifle here, and my tiny little pea-shooter once that's cashed out. Hardly enough for a world-changing offensive."
He straightens up. "Commander."
Samson Malach
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus looks at Alecto, but doesn't volunteer to scout ahead.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"Hard to tell, Alecto. It can take 2 hours, it can take 12 hours. I won't be fully able to tell until I get to work on it. I will be integrating a Gadget of my own, one that anyone able to use a Techno-Wizard Device will be able to trigger, though I will be able to do some last minute adjustments to get the most out of it. The plan would be to set up a time delay Burst that SHOULD be able to take out the gate. It won't be 100 percent able to destroy it, since I haven't encountered anything quite like this gate before. I COULD make a lock for the gate, but that would take a week or two to complete. Also, it will take me max fifteen minutes to fix repair your combat damage, if you would like me to take care of it. Also, I am getting low on Gadgets I can make, I can make one for Remote Viewing, a Spectrum Quantum Resonance Viewer, that can allow a Psychic or a Magic Wielder to safely scout the Orcs."

"So what will it be, Boss?"
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Patrol comes closer
Crunch, Crunch, Crunch... The sounds of something like a couple of PAs are approaching the rise that is above the plato you are on. It sounds like it is getting closer and closer. It is hard to judge exactly when it will arrive at the edge of the rise if it does at all... But those whom are tactically oriented feel if it is a patrol they will at least look down and possibly see you...Time grows short on the plato.
Samson
you know their are at least three distinct PA footfalls, size of GB.
Markus
You know what Samson knows, plus there at least 13 softer humanoid footfalls coming from the rise above you.
Herr Klaus gathers his hammer and puts his backpack on.
Herr slowly approaches Markus clearly not wanting to upset him further. He hands Markus a letter, " This is a letter for my son. He is young and living in the castle. My wife died during a gargoyle attack why we Klaus' defended a village of countrymen. I am sorry my being offends you. If you could see a way to give him this letter and this necklace I... I doubt I will make it back... He needs to know about his father... Will you give these items to him and tell him about me, I would only trust this to a fellow German."

He glances up at the high third path and the connecting cliff face.
" It sounds like something is approaching from above us... What is that 60ft up?" He goes to Hans and nods at his assessment of how to disable the gate. " If you make something that can blow up some of the gate I will make sure it destroys it completely." He hold up a hand... " Lord Coake told me Stargazer herself said I was meant to come on this journey and she also said she could not see a path back for me."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Samson goes silent. Herr Klaus finishes his speech, but is cut short. Samson pushes out an urgent whisper. "Shh! We've got company. I count three suits of power armor. Gotta be. Big footfalls. Come on. No time for farewells. We gotta go! Which way are we going? Hooks or bridge? No time to scout now! Valley is suicide for all we know!"
Samson Malach
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7 Success
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Don’t you talk like that, Klaus, Jude thought. You’re a member of the 13th now. We’ve lost way too many already. Lucretia, Kessel, Firebird, Zieja. I’m not going to lose anyone else. Not while I can help it.

Jude paused.

Who am I kidding? Look at me. I can’t even move. I can’t help anyone.

He listened to the approaching sounds of power armor above them. Well, at least Klaus heard it and warned them.

Conditions
Paralyzed
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto frowned slightly. The situation was extremely frustrating. She preferred having a plan, having resources, having everything worked out in advance. Samson had a point that more intel was needed, but taking the tower was necessary. Leaving the orcs free to go wasn't acceptable. Striking Geist meant very little if that army sacked the city while they attacked.

But of course, if they failed to gain the ring, there'd be no attack and Geist would be free to operate with impunity.

And there was no time to carefully plot out the variables. Leaving the portal in operation wasn't optimal, but they had no means to destroy it in time now. Engaging the orcs without any kind of advantage was too uncertain.

That left the Tower.

"Hooks," she said. "We move now. Keep your heads down as best you can, avoid notice as long as we can. I'll try to scout a clear path."

With that Alecto shouldered her gear and made ready to hoof it for the tower.
OOC Comments

Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus grabs Herr Klaus letter, and store it in his backpack, nodding, without saying a work. And his cyclops armor mask don't let out anything, either.
"There are another 30 humanoids with those 3 power armors. Try to keep quiet, everyone."
He grabs Jude, tosses him over his shoulder, and gives him a couple friendly pats on his behind.
"You watch the rearguard now, pretty boy."
He moves behind Alecto, as quietly as his armor allows.
Stealth: 5
OOC Comments
Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Blackfish
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Blackfish »

• Speaking softly, directly adjacent Alecto, Zieja says: "I am right here next to you, you hot metal mess. I will stay on your right and just slightly behind you providing you cover. Ready when you are. That is unless you would rather I took point?"

Zieja has her CP-50 rifle out at a low ready and is using Greater Invisibility as needed to stay stealthy.
Accounts

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

It all goes sideways, 200 ft(40") from the tower
1 hour has passed
Lighting: Pitch Darkness: -4 to hit
Map, just use your imagination a bit
Crude Map.png
Crude Map.png (8.07 KiB) Viewed 26891 times
[/color]

To the Tower

The journey off the plato and down to the Tower's base is murky and precarious. The jutting hooks themselves are as sharp as any vibro weapon and the ground itself literately gives way, crumbling unexpectedly when moving quickly. From the plato and rise you have vacated you can make out two glittering power armors with boom guns watching your movements. The are like silent statues just watching... Alecto is able to navigate the assault team past a couple murder wraith patrols finally reaching the last of the hooks before an open area that leads to the tower's base without incident...

The so called hooks end about 200ft from the Tower's base. Anyone with night vision can or with a keen eye can make out several CEAL individuals milling around the base of the tower getting behind and in ATV's( 4ATV's in total, a series of arcane sigils activate on all the vehicles) a barely perceptible chrome glint would indicate a large rail gun or laser in a turret on each ATV. One thing everyone can see despite the murk is a towering glitter boy with arcane runes all over it. The GB has two large swords on his back and what looks like a shriek cannon instead of the normal boom gun. The 200 feet between the Assault team(hook cover) and ATVs is a veritable no man land. A desolate waste devoid of rock and cover.
ATVs
Mobile Bunker ATV.jpg
kn Arcana
This is an obscenely rare GB that is converted only by several legendary TW... Some say it takes someone who can put their mind into the machine to pilot it.
Before the assault team can make a move forward Tesse grips her arm as if it seemingly is no longer under her control. The once beautiful mystic now turned into a cybernetically altered arcane horror's eyes are glowing with a necrotic green glow.
She gasps clearly fighting something, " No... You promised... No!" Her fingers are out stretched pointing at the assault team. Anyone who has seen a mystic's raw fury soul blast in action can tell something bad is coming your way!! A terrible white glow emanates from them, but then her hand trembles and closes with great effort and she falls to the ground shaking... A black ichor oozes from her ears and nostrils. Crying she says weakly, " She has seen through my eyes. and I through hers. She has promised... She has broken it... I thought she would convince you to under go this beautiful life willingly, but she is committed to killing you." Tesse shudders at the thought of Scara's betrayal and falls flat on the ground unable to move, but with her head turned to the group she gurgles. " I will resist her commands as much as possible... But I will not be able to hold out indefinitely. The 4th son of Morgoth commands those guarding the tower. He is a master of magic and incredibly skilled. I... I have seen him turn what looks like a resounding defeat or failure into a timely triumph. He wields the mage breaker, and beside him is always the Queen of Promise, resplendent in her armor and a literal terror with double bladed dancing swords. She is a master of misdirection and teleportation. I have seen powerful spells bounce off her as if minute droplets of water..." Tesse's eyes close with fervent strength, she shakes and quakes fighting something within...

From across the other side a loud gravely voice booms across the distance." You will go no further. I am Merlock the 4th son of Morgoth... You will throw down you weapons and then move out from behind the dragon claws into the killing field and well... Prepared to join these fellow CEALs." A loud cry in support resounds from the barricades both giving the commanders words support and unintentionally revealing their numbers( 6 CEALs at each barricade).
The clamor of the CEALs almost drowns out the secondary orders the commander issues, "Charlie, when they approach use that device you have and scan their minds and see if they have any hidden subterfuge."
Merlock the mystic knight
Merlock the 4th son of Morgoth.jpg
The large ominous doors of Scara's tower shimmer behind the ATVs and an eerie green flash erupts from the top of the tower. From across the desolate dark waste a horn's clarion call issues forth... Perhaps the orc army has been called forth.
Tower Doors
Scara's Tower front entrance.jpg
Crystal bends down next to Tesse trying to see if there is something she can do for the struggling conflicted woman.
Shakily Crystal states the obvious, " She is resisting what could only be called the call of her master... But for how long can she last?"

Jude the paralytic effect wears off you right about now and their is time enough for you to recoup your gear.

Herr Klaus oddly walks about 30 feet away and ducks behind a razor hook and accidentally cuts the strap off his backpack as he settles against the sharp rock. He curses in German and works to repair his gear. The German Kobold distracted grimaces at the distant horn, " They call for reinforcements! Like Alecto said, we must take this fortress and prepare!" He softly calls to Markus, " Markus, I know you do not trust me..." Whatever he was going to say is cut off as a sharp blade sunders the "hook" he was hiding behind biting deep into his neck. Blood spews forth and the Kobold falls to the ground clutching his neck. Ack!! The snarl and spittle of a Murder Wraith reveals itself... Death is in your midst!!
Murder Wraith
Murder Wraith.jpg

Areas of Action: The below is meant to give you range to targets and their relevant stats.
ATV 1, 40" the one smack dab in front of the entrance to the tower
6 CEALS 13(4), parry:7, -2 to be hit from range, wielding railguns and vibroswords, medium cover -2 to hit at range
Light Vehicular laser Not moving toughness 23(12)
4th Son of Morgoth, Merlock 25(17) MDC, parry 10 (d12+2 and block), -2 to hit, Wild Card, medium cover -2 to hit at range
Queen of Promise WC, Toughness: 30(18), Parry: 8 (d12), -4 to hit with magic and +4 to resist magic.
Where is Charlie WC?
ATV 2, 40" Left side of the entrance
  • 6 CEALS 13(4), parry:7, -2 to be hit from range, wielding railguns and vibroswords medium cover -2 to hit at range
  • ATV with Light Vehicular Rail Not moving toughness 23(12)
  • Where is Charlie?
ATV 3, 40" Far Left side of the entrance
  • 6 CEALS 13(4), parry:7, -2 to be hit from range, wielding railguns and vibroswords medium cover -2 to hit at range
  • Light Vehicular laser Not moving toughness 23(12)
  • Where is Charlie?
ATV 4, 40" Right side of the entrance
  • Light Vehicular Rail Not moving toughness 23(12)
  • Where is Charlie?

No Mans Land, No cover and running requires an agility roll or you "twist your ankle and fall prone shaken". It spans the distance from the hooks to the ATVs and is about 40".
Hooks, give Medium cover -2 to hit at range, players are close enough to each other where one person could move and be able to touch most, a large area attack could hit everyone
Player Characters
Tesse-on the ground fighting internally
Crystal-kneeling next to Tesse
Hooks 6" away
Herr Klaus-on the grounds bleeding
Murder Wraith 19(6), parry 8 but -2 to hit in combat vibro sword
Area Effect Attacks in Theater of the mind
Since I am only giving a rough outline of where folks are in relation to other folks, Just make the following smart rolls to effect all creatures in the area. Fail on the roll just means you get a random number of targets...
  • Large= Smarts failure 1d6+2
  • Medium= Smarts-2 failure 1d6
    Small and or touch=Smarts-4 failure 1d6-2 minimum 1

GM Directions and Final Thoughts.
Ok Folks, Since it is a lot of badguys on the battle field we are going to just do hi-card initiative.

Players go first on a red joker!!! Everyone gets a benny, +2 to their trait roll and damage. Good luck! Players just post their action and it happens in order of post.

Don't forget the pitch darkness lighting penalties!! -4 to hit unless you have night vision or darksight ( success reduces it to -2, raise eliminates the penalty)! Modern armors automatically reduce the penalty by 2.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Knowledge Arcana
Knowledge: [dice]0[/dice]+2(Joker)
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]+2(Joker)
Result: 15 - Success with 2 Raises.
Turn 1
Greater Armor from his Armor and uses Greater Quickness on himself, an make a Slumber Gadget (with Temporal Thought Trapping)
Greater Armor (+2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Joker, -2 due MaP)
  • Weird Science: [dice]2[/dice]
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
    • +10 MDC Armor, -6 PPE
Greater Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Joker, -2 due MaP)
  • Weird Science: [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]5[/dice]
    Result: 5 - Success. Auto-Raise.
    • 2 Turns per Round. -2 to MaP, +1 Agility Die, +2 Pace, minimum 8 on Initiative. -9 PPE
Create Slumber Gadget (with Temporal Thought Trapping) (+2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Joker, -2 due MaP)
  • Weird Science: [dice]6[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]7[/dice]
    Result: 12 - Success with Raise.
    • Slumber Gadget (with Temporal Thought Trapping). 20 PPE.
Turn 2
Greater Quickness on Alecto, Smarts Trick on the Murder Wraith, and Greater Slumber on ATV 1
Greater Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Joker, -2 due MaP)
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
    • 2 Turns per Round. -2 to MaP, +1 Agility Die, +2 Pace, minimum 8 on Initiative. -9 PPE
Smarts Trick (+2 due Joker, -2 due MaP)
  • Smarts: [dice]10[/dice]
    Result: 9 on Opposed Roll. Raise against the Murder Wraith.
    • Shaken, and -2 to Parry.
Greater Slumber (+2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Joker, -2 due MaP)
    • Agility Check for Interrupt (+2 due Joker, Agility at d8 due Greater Quickness's Jazz Trapping)
      Agility: [dice]18[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]19[/dice]
      • Extra Effort: [dice]20[/dice]+2 (Elan)
      Result: 12 On Opposed Roll
  • Weird Science: [dice]12[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]13[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]21[/dice]+2 (Elan)
      • Ace: [dice]22[/dice]
    Result: 19 - Success with Raise. -5 PPE
    • MBT on Van 1. Affects Smarts+2 targets
      • Smarts: [dice]14[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]15[/dice]
        • Reroll
          Smarts: [dice]16[/dice]
          Wild: [dice]17[/dice]
        Result: 13 - Up to 13 targets at the location can be affected.
        • Spirit Roll at -4 or Fall Asleep. CEAL get a +2 on their save. It takes a full round to wake a sleeping target.
        • Smarts roll or level of Fatigue
Looking down towards the base of the Tower, Hans realizes he has to pull out all the stops and get himself and the members of the Black Company to work at their best... the Tomorrow Legion guys have not impressed him much yet, especially that Marcus guy. As he gets his Chrono-Accelerator powered up, he also pushes energy into his Techno-Smith Armor for its Structural Integrity Field. Drawing the energy of the Chrono-Accelerator into himself, Hans then puts together a Sub-Quantum Self Transitioner while.
Still moving at a blur from the Chrono-Accelerator, Hans then focus its energies upon Alecto and slows down time for her too. Taking a few steps forward until he is just in range of the Mystic Knight, he focuses the Sub-Quantum Self Transitioner upon the Mystic Knight, but the Knight's and his followers anti-magical protections only allow him to send three CEAL's on a journey through their alternate selves. Thankfully, though, the Mystic Knight was distracted by his attempts to counter Hans's efforts that he look like it took enough of a toll on him that it will take a few seconds to recover. Looking over at the Murder Knight nearby, Hans points his gauntleted hand at the undead Juicer, making it stumble a bit to get away from an anticipated energy blast, before going back into cover in the Hooks, but a but further away from the other Team members so as to avoid any grenades or similar attacks hitting him unless he was its sole target.

Hopefully someone can take care of that thing before it starts cutting into us.

"Keep an eye for where that TW Glitter Boy may teleport to. The problem with most Glitter Boys is their mobility, but Teleporting may overcome that handicap."
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The following events occur at ATV 1
Hans Smarts trick, Murder Wraith Shaken and -2 parry
smarts on murder wraith [dice]0[/dice]
Merlock spends a benny to activate Mage breakers counterspell ability
needs to interupt to try to dispel and fails][dice]1[/dice] wild [dice]2[/dice] EF [dice]3[/dice]
Dispel [dice]4[/dice] wild [dice]5[/dice]
Greater slumber at ATV 1, 2 CEALs outside and 1 CEAL inside fall asleep
Ceals vs greater slumber, 2 outside fall asleep, 1 inside falls asleep, they do not suffer from fatigue
3 Outside vehicle
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]
3. Inside ATV
[dice]9[/dice]
[dice]10[/dice]
[dice]11[/dice]

Merlock [dice]12[/dice] wild [dice]13[/dice]
Smarts [dice]14[/dice] wild [dice]15[/dice]

Queen of Promise [dice]16[/dice] wild [dice]17[/dice] she get a +4 to resist magic from her abilities.
Smarts [dice]18[/dice] wild [dice]19[/dice]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 9 Raise
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 18 3 Raises
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
K Arcana 9 Raise
K Arcana[dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Jude groaned as he finally felt tingling return to his body. Painful tingling! His whole body felt on fire.

“Son of a bitch!”Jude groaned as he rolled off Markus’ shoulder, landing next to Tesse and Crystal on the ground.

He reached over, putting a hand on Tesse’s shoulder.

“Stay strong, Tesse. We’re nearly there. We’ll save you,” he promised her. “Crystal, get her clear behind one of those pylons,” he told her.

Jude picked himself up and got his gear, glaring at Samson for taking his gun, even though the guy would probably be better with it than he would.

That was when the horns sounded. “And it begins,” Jude said darkly.

Suddenly Klaus gave a cry and Jude turned to the little kobold. “No!” he cried out.

“Back off, you rotting piece of garbage!” Jude yelled at the Murder Wraith, brandishing the magical glaive at the end of his rifle. “I swear to God, I will summon a flock of seagulls to peck and tear and your corpse until you beg for mercy!” Jude stood over Klaus to protect him from the murder wraith, stabbing with his glaive to keep it back.

EDIT: Forgot.this, because I was in a hurry. I am going to play the card MECHANICAL MALFUNCTION the Queen's Glitterboy. Preferably take out whatever allows the mi d/machine interface for piloting, or maybe the shriek cannon? Someone who knows more about it can chime in on how to best disable a GB.
Move
Move 6” to Klaus and the Murder Wraith (I’m going to get killed…)
Intimidation 10 opposed roll
+2 Joker, -2 MAP
Intimidation [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Fighting 6 just hits, Possibly +2 from Intimidate
+2 Joker, -2 MAP, -2 lighting vs Parry 6 (Hans’ successful Smarts trick), Wild Attack +2 (-2 Parry)
Fighting [dice]10[/dice]
Wild [dice]11[/dice]
Benny Extra Effort Elan [dice]12[/dice]
Damage 10 AP 4 MD
Joker +2
[dice]13[/dice]+[dice]14[/dice]+2
Conditions
-2 Illumination penalty
+2 Joker, Traits and damage
Parry 4 (wild attack)
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Murder Wraith laughs at Jude, "Fracking pretty boy... I bet your flesh tastes good!!" The magic glaive connects but the Murder Wraith's armor and natural toughness absorb the blow. The wraith cackles even more at the human's attempts. His errie death eyes look at Jude with a haunting of something familiar. Could it be that Jude knows the poor juicer that was turned into this abomination?
OOC Comments
Jude hits with the successful intimidate but the magic glaive does not deal enough damage.
Jude's notice
Something is not right about Herr Klaus' form, despite the intense darkness you can make out or rather notice the lack of staining his blood is doing on the ground as it is spluttering over it. Combined with your worldly knowledge of everything, magic might be a foot.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Oh man.

The array of ATVs, Murder Wraiths, Glitter Boys, and just general badness gives Carlos the willies. Of course, in his mind there's only one way to warm up the chill that goes down your spine when you're afraid: plasma.

After Hans puts one group to sleep, Vello remains in cover, and rocks his plasma ejector across the remaining ATVs hoping to get their heads down before they can open fire.

"Don't bunch up. That glitterboy can rip us to shreds even without any magical hoodoo. Let's isolate her and take her down."
Shooting 26/9/40 MD, ignores armor if not fully environvmental
ROF: 3
Shooting: [dice]0[/dice]
Shooting: [dice]1[/dice] (Any innocent bystanders?)
Shooting: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]

Shooting 1: [dice]5[/dice] Raise: [dice]8[/dice] Ace (Raise): [dice]10[/dice] = 26 + 2 = 28
Shooting 2: [dice]6[/dice] = 9 + 2 = 11
Shooting 3: [dice]7[/dice] Ace: [dice]9[/dice] Raise [dice]11[/dice] Ace (Raise) [dice]12[/dice] = 40 + 2 = 42

Modifiers:
  • Illumination Penalty: -4
    Auto-Fire: -2
    Range (Medium): -1
    Rock & Roll: +2
    Armor Offset: +2
    Joker: +2
    Armor: Embedded Targeting System: +2
Total: +1
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Bennies 4/4
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Vello, ATV 4 goes Kaboom let us know what it looks like, 3 CEALs inside die, 1 Ceal outside dies, 2 Ceals outside survive
Vello, ATV 4 Kaboom! Flame ball! like all the liquor you could want goes up in flames. 3 ceals dead for sure!

3 nearby, [dice]0[/dice]-2 for the tremendous blast! 1 gets roasted!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

The fall of Herr Klaus saddens Markus. He is surprised by his reaction. Even if a DBee, Klaus was the closest to a fellow German Markus have had in many months. Half a second. After that, he pushes the feeling out and concentrates on the problem at hand.
A grenade barrage? Use his sniper abilities against the bosses? Try and take over an ATV?
Markus sees Jude go alone against the Murder Wright, and imagining his charm alone won't win that combat, he decides to help his fellow human companion, which he has grown fond of this last few months. He won't leave him to die along against that magik abomination.
He kneels, takes aim, and let the full power of his Triax R44 Prototype Pistol unleash against the creature.
"Greetings from Germany, fiend!"
Shooting: 5 (Sucess, forgot the -4 for the called shot)
Damage: 9 (no extra damage, as it was not a rise)
OOC Comments
Roll (+2 Joker +2 Aim +1 Calibrated): [dice]0[/dice]
Damage (+2 Joker): [dice]2[/dice]
Extra damage on rise: [dice]3[/dice]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Fighting
Agility to ready Ringil - -2 MAP, +2 joker
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Agility
[dice]1[/dice]

Ace Agility with prior
[dice]2[/dice]

Fighting with great big sword: +1 roll (enchanted), +2 joker, +1 gang up with Jude, -2 MAP, -2 big sword, -2 juicer = -2
[dice]3[/dice]

Benny for extra effort with Elan and prior result, +2 for Hans' smarts trick
[dice]5[/dice]

Damage with Ringil
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]

Benny to reroll damage
[dice]8[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]

WD Fighting
[dice]4[/dice]
Samson curses under his breath. I might've been better off in that CS prison. He reacts to the execution of Herr Klaus by pulling the massive sword he picked up on the other side of the portal. He rushes the creature. "Hey, ugly, I need a test subject. Come here a second. Got something I wanna show you!" He manages to swing the massive, icy blade at the murder wraith. He even manages to connect! Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get everything he had into the slash, and the murder wraith remains unharmed. "Maybe this wasn't my best move. Any bright ideas?"
Samson Malach
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Markus' shot tears half the murder wraith's head off but it keeps on coming as if it did not even feel the blow. It snarls at Samson as the cold magic seems to only temporarily phase it. " I will eat your guts!!"
[dice]0[/dice]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Blackfish
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Blackfish »

Zieja (using her Mage Armor with night vision and invisible) rushes to the Murder Wraith and slashes her sword out at the fallen knight using psychically enhanced speed. Slamming her blade into it, she punches a grenade into its scull.
OOC Comments
Psi [dice]0[/dice]
wd [dice]1[/dice], ace [dice]2[/dice] = 7 for Greater Quickness

Fighting [dice]7[/dice] = 10 Hit
wd [dice]8[/dice]
-2 = 8 (darkness)

Fighting (Touch Attack +2) [dice]3[/dice] Bennie for EF [dice]6[/dice] = 10 Hit
wd [dice]4[/dice]
-2 = 8 (darkness)

Sword Damage: [dice]9[/dice] plus STR [dice]10[/dice] and AP 4, second bennie to re-roll damage: [dice]11[/dice], ace [dice]12[/dice] = 22 AP 4

Grenade Damage: [dice]5[/dice] = 14 AP 8

I am in the SBT and to avoid Shaken from blast using bennie to Soak:

Iron Jaw use Vigor (not Spirit) to Soak vs Shaken, Battle Hardened +2 to Soak Rolls = roll Vigor d12+2

[dice]13[/dice]
Accounts

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Agility
Agility to dodge grenade
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Agility
[dice]1[/dice]
Samson reacts quickly when the grenade is jammed into the murder wraith. He turns and leaps away from the blast just as it goes off. 'What the funk just happened?! Gutsy move!"
Samson Malach
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Notice [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice] +2 for vision

The endless dark erupted with the orange-white hell of plasma fire and grenades exploding as the Black Company and 13th SET set about the business of doing what they did best. It was lit up in eerie green from the passive light-amplification filter Alecto applied to her visual sensors, punctuated by occasional flares of real color when attacks went off.

Targeting priority stuttered momentarily as the murder wraith avoided the first few attacks, but the enemy Glitterboy took precedence. The wraith was extremely dangerous, but the artillery unit could easily destroy several of them at once if it was given a chance. She reached back to the new piece of hardware she'd bought from Northern Gun. It, plus the ammunition currently in its rotary drum magazine, was almost all of her latest payout.

The WI-GL20 was a beast of a weapon. She'd had to leave her plasma cannon and JA-11 laser rifle behind because there just wasn't room in her kit for both of them and the grenade launcher if she still wanted to cart the railgun around. It weighed 75lbs, much of which was the sheer number of grenades in it. Unlike it's little cousin the WI-GL4, which used a small propellant charge to launch its payload, the GL20 used a short-barreled electromagnetic coilgun to fire. It could launch a grenade shell almost as fast as you could pull the trigger.

Alecto pulled the trigger.

There was an electric hum, and then FUMP...FUMP...FUMP...FUMP as shell after shell went downrange, with enough speed to easily cross the distance between her and the enemy positions. Explosions blossomed over the glitterboy, sending spall and chunks of torn earth and maybe...if she was lucky...fragments of glitterboy all over the place amidst smoke and fire!

Damage: 25, 13, 36, 20, 27, 19; all AP 8, small burst template
Area targeting (Smarts-4): [dice]25[/dice] or [dice]26[/dice]
Fail [dice]27[/dice]
OOC Comments
Shooting 1d10, +2 for targeting cybernetics, +2 for Joker
Targeting glitterboy first. If it is disabled before all grenades are fired, then she targets the nearest APC for remaining blasts.

Quickness turn 1
[dice]2[/dice] for [dice]3[/dice] damage, AP8
Damage ace: [dice]16[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice] for [dice]5[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]17[/dice]
[dice]6[/dice] for [dice]7[/dice] damage, AP8
Damage aces: [dice]18[/dice], Raise [dice]19[/dice]
or [dice]8[/dice]

Quickness turn 2
[dice]9[/dice] for [dice]10[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]20[/dice]
[dice]11[/dice] for [dice]12[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]21[/dice]
Ace on raise [dice]24[/dice]
[dice]13[/dice] for [dice]14[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]22[/dice], Ace [dice]23[/dice]
or [dice]15[/dice]
Last edited by Icosa on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

samson and Jude
. Agility -2 or suffer 16 ap 8 grenade damage
Who is left Badguys
Queen of promise( took 1 wound, already had 1 wound, total 2), shake, no damage, 3 wounds soak [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] ace [dice]2[/dice] benny to unshake, no damage, shake, no damage.

What is left...
AtV 1, Ceal inside wakes folks up with his action.
Commander Merlock out of bennies and turn used in trying to deflect hans spell
Queen of promise, broken boom gun, 2 wounds, small amount of ppts...

Atv2 3 ceals in good go, 3 ceals outside using it for cover

Atv3 3 ceals inside good to go, 3 ceals outside using for cover

Atv4 exploded, everyone dead.

Murder wraith dead.
Jude needs to make agility roll or take 16 ap 6 md.

Charlie is out there...

Queen of Promise attacks Hans!
A loud distorted woman's voice full of pain and anguish issues forth across from the battle field. The Queen of Promise speaks calling forth some dark power. " Necron, take my blood and send me across the way. Take me to the dwarf!"
Necron's spell casting Greater Teleport[dice]3[/dice] ace [dice]4[/dice] 5 ppts used
The armor glows red for a moment, a deep crimson, then vanishes only to reappear next to the dwarf named Hans. Blood seems to be dripping from the techno wizard enhanced glitter boy armor. Two shinning swords come bearing down on Hans. Hans thinks she whispears, " I am going to reunite you and your sister Hans Gruber!"
Benny Oppertunity
Woa, now the name Queen's Promise rings a bell... What happened to your sister?? Take a benny for rolling with an unexpected plot twist!
Two giant swords glinting off her armors red glow come bearing down on Hans, and from what he can tell a black ichor seems to enter his very being as the swords come barrelling down! The ichor seems to pull his potential psychic energy away!!
The Right handed giant-sword seems to just bounce off Hans' armor but the left handed one, well that has real potential...
Right hand, Giant vibrosword, 7 to hit, 5 for the drain ppt, 17 AP4 MD, No damage to Hans
Sword #1 fighting -2 PA, +1 for enchanted sword [dice]5[/dice] wild [dice]6[/dice] drain power points activate as part of the attack using fighting (opposed fighting vs arcane rolls...)+2 for unarmed defender ( the drain constest is at a -2 for her since she does not have the tw ab)
  • Damage Str +1d12+1 Ap 4 [dice]9[/dice] plus [dice]10[/dice]
Left Hand, Giant Vibrosword, 10 to hit, 8 for the drain ppts, 41 AP4 MD, 4 wounds
Sword #2 fighting -2 PA, +1 for enchanted sword [dice]7[/dice] wild [dice]8[/dice] drain power points activate as part of the attack using fighting (opposed arcane rolls...)+2 for unarmed defender( the drain contest is at a -2 for her since she does not have the tw ab)
  • Damage Str +1d12+1+1d6 for the raise Ap 4 [dice]11[/dice] Ace [dice]14[/dice] plus [dice]12[/dice]plus [dice]13[/dice] ace [dice]15[/dice]
Enchanted items
Giant vibroswords, Drain power pts(4ppe activate with fighting)+1 fighting, (+5ppe )

ATV1: Ceal in the sensor seat, starts waking up the gunner

Jude, Samson, Markus, and Vello vs ceals light rail guns and a light vehicular rail gun...
ATV2: 3 CEALS race out into the no mans land ( a keen eye would reveal they have some kind of headset covering their eyes...) covering about half the distance in a blink of an eye. They open fire with their light rail guns on full auto hopping to get lucky hit against Jude, Samson, and Markus. The ceal in the ATV's gunner seat swivels around, a pair of night vision goggles adorn his head. He locks and loads ready for maximum devastation, looks like he has his expert pants on!
Markus 1 wound and shaken
Ceal 1 vs Markus, no cover
  • shooting [dice]16[/dice]
    • damage [dice]27[/dice] Ap 4
    shooting [dice]17[/dice]
    • damage [dice]28[/dice] Ap 4 GM benny to reroll the damage:[dice]32[/dice]
    shooting [dice]18[/dice]
Jude 2 wounds and shaken
Ceal 1 vs Jude
  • shooting [dice]19[/dice]
    shooting [dice]20[/dice]
    shooting [dice]21[/dice] ace [dice]25[/dice]
    • damage [dice]29[/dice] plus [dice]30[/dice] Ap 4
Samson shaken
Ceal 1 vs Samson
  • shooting [dice]22[/dice]
    shooting [dice]23[/dice]
    shooting [dice]24[/dice] ace [dice]26[/dice]
    • damage [dice]31[/dice] Ap 4
ATV2 light railgun vs Vello, 3 wounds and 5 wounds, and shaken
CEAL with light vehicular railgun vs Vello in cover...
-2 cover, -2 vehicle vs small target, AP is 10
shooting [dice]33[/dice] Ace [dice]36[/dice]
  • Damage: [dice]38[/dice] plus [dice]39[/dice]

shooting[dice]34[/dice]
shooting[dice]35[/dice]Ace [dice]37[/dice]
  • Damage: [dice]40[/dice] Ace[dice]42[/dice] plus [dice]41[/dice]

all shooting rolls are at-4 not -2

ATV3 ceals and laser vs Hans and Alecto.
3 ceals run out and try to hit Alecto and Hans with their light rail guns. The ceals like their counter parts have night vision goggles on their heads. The gunner on the ATV3 light vehicular laser takes a shot at Alecto! Railgun fire peppers around Hans and Alecto. Some of it even hits the large death suit of GB armor next to Hans. Then the vehicular laser operator open up some light on Alecto!
Hans and Alecto no hits
Ceal #1 vs Alecto
[dice]43[/dice]
[dice]44[/dice]
[dice]45[/dice]
Ceal#2 vs Hans
[dice]46[/dice]
[dice]47[/dice]
[dice]48[/dice]
Ceal#3 vs Alecto
[dice]49[/dice]

Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Alecto vs Light laser of the vehicular verity.
Alecto takes 3 wounds and shaken from Light vehicular laser
ATV 3 continued...CEAL#3
[dice]0[/dice]
  • Damage [dice]3[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Ceal in light vehicular laser gun swivels around and lines up his target Alecto! He too has night vision goggles and is wearing expert pants!
[dice]2[/dice] GM benny for extra effort [dice]4[/dice] Ace [dice]5[/dice]
  • Damage [dice]6[/dice] Ace [dice]10[/dice] ace [dice]11[/dice] plus [dice]7[/dice] AP5
CEAL#2 Damage vs Queen of promise
  • damage [dice]8[/dice]
  • damage [dice]9[/dice]

Charlie the mind melter vs Z, samson and markus...

Z feels her mind start to bleed. Blood pours from her ears, the immense pressure is too much. In her mind she hears a sick crawling voice caressing her, " Another one of Dr. Bradford's creations... Mmmm I can just feel it. I cannot wait to taste you." Samson's eyes suddenly get super big like an allergic reaction big, it becomes difficult to concentrate and he has a hard time seeing what is right in front of Will they pop out? Markus suddenly cannot feel his limbs as they go numb. A painful tingling sensation crawls through his spine. Will he drop to the ground unable to move?
No target is present ( -8 to notice to even find him).
OOC Comments
Greater teleport[dice]12[/dice] Wild [dice]13[/dice]
exalted detect arcana [dice]14[/dice] wild [dice]15[/dice]
Zejia took 4 wounds and shaken from onslaught
onslought, can see her with exalted detect vs Z 1d12 ( free action) 1 bolt [dice]20[/dice] wild [dice]21[/dice]
  • Damage [dice]24[/dice] ap 5 MD from HJ
gm benny to reroll Damage [dice]25[/dice] ace [dice]26[/dice] ap 5 MD from HJ
Samson needs to roll agility -2 or be shaken and -2 parry, roll a 1 and you go blind
blind Samson -2 MAP +2 extra isp [dice]16[/dice]wild [dice]17[/dice] ace [dice]22[/dice]
Markus needs to roll agility vs 9, or be fully entangled and escaping is at a -4!
greater entangle-2 MAP +2 extra isp Markus [dice]18[/dice] wild [dice]19[/dice] ace [dice]23[/dice]

The next round begins with a laugh. Jude and Samson get some unlooked for assistance

The command Merlock laughs accross the no man's land as his six Ceals dash forward, " You will join them shortly heroes!!" He gives no attention to the 3 grenaded Ceals lying dead on the ground near him. His laughter just adds to the din of rail gun fire. In the distance back where you might think the undead orc army was camped you can hear another faint horn being sounded.

Near the heroes Crystal fiddles with a few parts in her bag, she might be weak and only have a partial soul, but she is the daughter of diamond clad! She assembles it and hands the new made sprocket and gem studded pair of raybands out to anyone willing to take it. " If you have the inner or psychic strength within, these will let you see anyone hidden from sight."
The dead image of Kluas disappears as if it were never there, and Klaus appears next to Jude and Samson. Klaus spits in the direction of the Murder Wraith. " Vile creatures those undead juicers. I did not mean to wrry you. I had a feeling something was coming up on us. Lets see what we can do to get your weapons some extra oomph." He touches a weapon on Jude and Samson, the weapon glows as if daylight itself might be wielded with in it. He looks at Samson for a second, " Something is wrong with your eyes Samson."
Jude and Samson +8 to damage with a weapon of choice, and an extra chance to unshake if you need it.
[dice]27[/dice]
Action areas:
ATV1, 40" the one smack dab in front of the entrance to the tower
3 CEALS 13(4), parry:7, -2 to be hit from range, wielding railguns and vibroswords, medium cover -2 to hit at range
Light Vehicular laser
ATV not moving toughness: 23(12)
Ceals are all inside the vehicle 2 are awake 1 is asleep.
ATV 2, 40" Left side of the entrance
3 CEALS 13(4), parry:7, -2 to be hit from range, wielding railguns and vibroswords, medium cover -2 to hit at range
Light Vehicular rail gun
Ceals are all inside the vehicle.
ATV 3, 40" Far Left side of the entrance
Light Vehicular laser gun
Ceals are all inside the vehicle.
No Mans Land, 40" span between areas, 6 ceals are crossing it 20" away
No cover and running requires an agility roll or you "twist your ankle and fall prone shaken". It spans the distance from the hooks to the ATVs and is about 40".
---20" away are 6 CEALS 13(4), parry:7, -2 to be hit from range, wielding railguns and vibroswords
Hooks and Players, 40" from tower and ATVs
All players
Queen of Promise in her blood fueled GB is adjacent to Hans WC, Toughness: 30(18), Parry: 8(6 due to trick) (d12), -4 to hit with magic and +4 to resist magic
Samson, Markus, Z, and Herr Klaus are about 6" away from the main group.
Area Effect Attacks in Theater of the mind
Since I am only giving a rough outline of where folks are in relation to other folks, Just make the following smart rolls to effect all desired creatures in the area. Fail on the roll just means you get a random number of targets...
  • Large= Smarts failure 1d6+2
  • Medium= Smarts-2 failure 1d6
    Small and or touch=Smarts-4 failure 1d6-2 minimum 1
Players again got the high draw on a jack of diamonds. Please post first and the action happens in the order you post. Please read through the GM post and find your occ sections. Most of you have wounds to soak.
1) at the start of your post spend the benny and soak or unshake. Please let us know what it looks like.
2) make your action.
Attachments
Crude Map round 2.jpg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Queen of Promise attacks Hans!
A loud distorted woman's voice full of pain and anguish issues forth across from the battle field. The Queen of Promise speaks calling forth some dark power. " Necron, take my blood and send me across the way. Take me to the dwarf!"
Necron's spell casting Greater Teleport[dice]30386:3[/dice] ace [dice]30386:4[/dice] 5 ppts used
The armor glows red for a moment, a deep crimson, then vanishes only to reappear next to the dwarf named Hans. Blood seems to be dripping from the techno wizard enhanced glitter boy armor. Two shinning swords come bearing down on Hans. Hans thinks she whispears, " I am going to reunite you and your sister Hans Gruber!"
Benny Oppertunity
Woa, now the name Queen's Promise rings a bell... What happened to your sister?? Take a benny for rolling with an unexpected plot twist!
Two giant swords glinting off her armors red glow come bearing down on Hans, and from what he can tell a black ichor seems to enter his very being as the swords come barrelling down! The ichor seems to pull his potential psychic energy away!!
The Right handed giant-sword seems to just bounce off Hans' armor but the left handed one, well that has real potential...
Right hand, Giant vibrosword, 7 to hit, 5 for the drain ppt, 17 AP4 MD, No damage to Hans
Sword #1 fighting -2 PA, +1 for enchanted sword [dice]30386:5[/dice] wild [dice]30386:6[/dice] drain power points activate as part of the attack using fighting (opposed fighting vs arcane rolls...)+2 for unarmed defender ( the drain constest is at a -2 for her since she does not have the tw ab)
  • Damage Str +1d12+1 Ap 4 [dice]30386:9[/dice] plus [dice]30386:10[/dice]
Left Hand, Giant Vibrosword, 10 to hit, 8 for the drain ppts, 41 AP4 MD, 4 wounds
Sword #2 fighting -2 PA, +1 for enchanted sword [dice]30386:7[/dice] wild [dice]30386:8[/dice] drain power points activate as part of the attack using fighting (opposed arcane rolls...)+2 for unarmed defender( the drain contest is at a -2 for her since she does not have the tw ab)
  • Damage Str +1d12+1+1d6 for the raise Ap 4 [dice]30386:11[/dice] Ace [dice]30386:14[/dice] plus [dice]30386:12[/dice]plus [dice]30386:13[/dice] ace [dice]30386:15[/dice]
Enchanted items
Giant vibroswords, Drain power pts(4ppe activate with fighting)+1 fighting, (+5ppe )
Result of Attacks
Right Hand: Vs. Drain PPT
Weird Science: [dice]0[/dice]
Result: 8 - No PPE Lost
Left Hand: Buying and Playing the Not Today Adventure Card for use on the left handed attack. It is now a Botch.
  • Get a Clue
    • Play after another character's attack roll to make it automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
Hans is able to mentally push back the effects of the Black Ichor from the Queen of Promise's blades, startling her with the energy released from his efforts that she takes a step back and messes up her follow up swing with her other sword.

"My Sister?!? Little Greta?!? What have you done to her? What have you done to my family?!? If you harmed any of them, I will make you regret the day you were born. That I promise YOU!"
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Frak," Carlos curses as the heavy rail guns open up on the team's position. I told those idiots to take those out, man each one of those heavy slugs can kill us ten times over. The Glitter freak is just for show. Unfortunately, his tactical advice was ignored and the rail gun rounds ripped through his eager cover ploughing into the advanced ceramic plates of his borrowed armor suit. Staggering backwords as a high velocity burst of rounds collapse his chest plating, Vello feebly attempts to take cover. All he gets for his trouble is electromagnetically accelerated rounds in his backside.

Indicator lights start flashing across his armor hud, reporting integrity failure in multiple locations.

"no shit, he mutters as the alarms blare. He tries to stand, but topples back over his left arm flapping uncontrollably as his cyber-wired reflexes give out. His arm askew on the ground Carlos tries to get up, but just can't. Instead he stays on the ground, feeling the blood ooze out the rail gun holes in his armor. As a pool of blood begins to form on the ground underneath him the mercenary is certain he finally bought it. With his good arm he fumbles for his flask for one final drink before he blacks out. Unfortunately he can't reach it.

"Frak," he grunts as his vision fade to black. Somewhere he aware that those are pretty crappy last words.

The last words of Carlos Carvello would have to be uttered some other time, however, as the mystical might of Hans manages to lift Carlos from his death bed. His eyes flutter open and his limp arm begins to twitch, responding, albeit poorly, to his mental commands. With his good hand the mercenary finally reaches his flask and takes a drink. While by no means at a hundred percent, he isn't dead. Yet.

Staggering to his feet the wound mercenary limps toward any available cover.

"I said take out those ATVs!" He growls hoarsely to anyone who would listen.
Soak
Bennys Available 0/3

3 wounds
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Benny Vigor [dice]1[/dice] = Soak two wounds
Wild [dice]6[/dice]

5 wounds (-1 wound modifier)
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Benny [dice]3[/dice] = Soak 1 wound
[dice]8[/dice]
Benny [dice]4[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]

Total wounds: 5

Incapacitation: [dice]10[/dice] [dice]11[/dice]

Permanent Injury: [dice]12[/dice]
Guts [dice]13[/dice]
Broken: Agility reduced a die type (minimum d4)
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Bennies 4/4
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Notice 4
Notice: [dice]6[/dice]
Wild: [dice]7[/dice]
Result: 4
Turn 1
Mass Healing and Smarts Trick on the Queen of Promises, then move over to Alecto, away from the Queen
  • Mass Healing (-2 due Difficulty, +2 due Machine Maestro)
    • Weird Science: [dice]0[/dice]
      Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice] Elan
      Result: 11 - All Friendly Persons within 16" of Hans heal 2 Wounds, 10 PPE
    Smarts Trick
    Smarts: [dice]3[/dice]
    Ace: [dice]5[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]4[/dice]
    Result: 22 - Opposed roll. If succeed, +2 on next action on target. If Raise, Shaken and -2 to Parry.
Turn 2
Greater Smite on Alecto's Grenade Launcher, and Greater Slumber on an ATV 1 again
  • Greater Smite (+2 due Machine Maestro) - Acid Trapping (No additional game effect, but will mar the finish)
      Result: 8 - Success with Raise. +8 MD Damage. 4 PPE
    Greater Slumber (+2 due Machine Maestro)
    • Weird Science: [dice]10[/dice]
      Ace: [dice]12[/dice]
      Result: 21 - Success with Raise(s). 5 PPE
      • Smarts: [dice]13[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]14[/dice]
        Result: Up to 7 Targets in that area.
        • Spirit Roll at -4 or Fall Asleep. CEAL get a +2 on their save. It takes a full round to wake a sleeping target.
        • Smarts roll or level of Fatigue
One thing most people don't know about the Glitterboy chassis is their weakness to certain torqueing maneuvers... THERE! Now it will take her a few seconds to clear it up. Now I can get away from her and help Alecto rain down some Magically Enhanced Grenade Goodness on these guys.

Now that The Queen is occupied with her armor's problems, Hans walks over to Alecto to enhance her Grenade Launcher's ammunition with a Corrosive Entropic energy that will allow her to more easily hurt their attackers... and incidentally mar the finish of any Glitterboy Suit that it should happen to hit. Concentrating on his Mithril Band of Healing, Hans once again sends green healing energy out to all of his teammates.

"That should help you hurt them, Alecto. some Magical Enhanced Grenade Goodness for them all!"

Walking a few steps to get just within range of the Mystic Knight, Hans sends out more energy from his Sub-Quantum Self Transitioner before walking back to use the Hooks as cover (Medium Cover) while staying away from the Queen and anyone else so as not to provide a target for any Area of Effect attacks.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

The weapon on the APC was essentially an infantry support weapon mounted on a turret; a weapon designed to cut down enemy soldiers through their armor in swaths to stop their advances on vulnerable armored units beyond. It sluiced through the outer layer of Alecto's armor and encountered the layer of thermal ablative material directly beneath. The plastic-ceramic composite vaporized violently, ejecting out of the hole that was being punched in a thick dust that diffracted and diffused the incoming laser beam while simultaneously carrying a great deal of its energy away. Even so, it lanced through Alecto's body carving a thin line about six inches across her abdomen before the firing cycle ended.

If she'd been human, she'd be down. Maybe not immediately dead, but incapacitated. Instead her damage control systems took over, flooding the affected area with microscopic machines that went to work locking down the worst of the damage before it could lead to cascading faults in neighboring systems. Power was redistributed. Essential functions transferred to redundant backup systems.

Alecto hesitated for a second, then switched targets. Without missing a beat, despite having narrowly escaped being cut in half, she continued sending volleys of grenades out. This time at the APC vehicles and the soldiers standing around them!

Results
39 damage, 17 damage, 30 damage, 30 damage, 33 damage, 18 damage. All AP 8 (rolls are off because I forgot the Greater Smite Hans gave me)
Targeting [dice]31[/dice] or [dice]32[/dice]
Collateral [dice]33[/dice]
OOC Comments
Soak (1 benny): [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Reroll (another benny): [dice]2[/dice] or [dice]3[/dice]
Unshake: [dice]4[/dice] or [dice]5[/dice]

Notice: [dice]6[/dice] or [dice]7[/dice]

Shooting 1d10, +2 for targeting cybernetics; Wound penalty for 1 wound is ignored because Construct
Targeting laser APC first. If it is disabled before all grenades are fired, then she targets the other APC for remaining blasts.

Quickness turn 1
[dice]8[/dice] for [dice]9[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]22[/dice] and Ace [dice]23[/dice]

[dice]10[/dice] for [dice]11[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]24[/dice]

[dice]12[/dice] for [dice]13[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]25[/dice] and Ace [dice]26[/dice]

Wild: [dice]14[/dice]

Quickness turn 2
[dice]15[/dice] for [dice]16[/dice] damage, AP8
Using Wild dice for a 5
Ace [dice]27[/dice]

[dice]17[/dice] for [dice]18[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]28[/dice] and Ace [dice]29[/dice]

[dice]19[/dice] for [dice]20[/dice] damage, AP8
Raise [dice]30[/dice]

Wild: [dice]21[/dice]
Last edited by Icosa on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

One of the queen's giant enchanted draining swords goes flying from her hand... It goes flying, and nearly chops Tesses head off, nearly but a miss. It plunks deep into the ground blade first.
The Queen seethes at Hans a terrible haunting voice," Clever Hans, but now no one will be able to move that blade and plunge it into the mystics gut. She will not awaken, not ever! Scara will soon be back in control of her."
Trick and resolution of crit failure
1d4, 1 good, 4 bad 2-3 neutral from players perspective.
[dice]7[/dice]
smarts trick resist [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
Atv 1 vs slumber -4, Merlock succeed
Merlock resist slumber [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]gm benny to reroll [dice]5[/dice] wild [dice]6[/dice]
3 ceals inside atv
[dice]4[/dice]
Over Han's radio the crackling of Merlock's voice can be heard, " Did Carla introduce herself properly Hans? Oh yes, don't be surprised... She has been waiting, she enjoys pairs... Brother and sister that kind of thing. This will be the last time you try this trick on me. I will see you shortly." While he resisted, a soft thud would indicate the concious Ceals inside ATV 1 is back to one.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Self Preservation
Spirit to unshake
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Spirit
[dice]1[/dice]

Agility to avoid Blind
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Agility
[dice]3[/dice]

Failed, Shaken, -2 to Parry

Spirit to unshake
[dice]4[/dice]

WD Spirit
[dice]5[/dice]
Samson's dive out of the way of the grenade netted him some extra mobility when the railgun rounds start to fly. Unfortunately, it doesn't save him from the blinding effect. He's dazed for a moment, but Herr Klaus springs to the rescue and helps him to snap out of it. "Thanks, little guy! Whoooooaaaaa...what did you just do? That gives me an idea!"
Turning Tables
Spending "Arcane Inspiration" card to gain access to the Mind Control power (mega Puppet)
Psionics - Mind Control of Queen of Promise - spending 4 ISP for +2 to roll
[dice]6[/dice]

WD Psionics - Mind Control
[dice]7[/dice]

Spending EP for a Benny, spending benny Extra Effort with Elan
Psionics - Mind Control
[dice]8[/dice]
Samson glares at the Queen of Promise. "HEY! YOU! Stop swinging at the dwarf! You got it all twisted. Your 'friends' just shot at you as soon as you left their side. They hate your armor. Come out of there so they won't hate you, then go back to them."
Last edited by Samson Malach on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Samson Malach
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Blackfish
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Blackfish »

Zieja’s fate is unknown. She was moving Invisibility across ground ...

... for unknown reasons she doesn’t respond to anyone’s call if they do call.
Accounts

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The shreiking voice of the queen fills the air, " Hate me?? I... They love me, I steal futures and little but important promises! They love me! I picked up a tasty one from your Libertas... They love me!" For a second the seals on the suit break, will she come out??
Queen vs Samson... Queen wins.
Queens promise resist mind control. Spirit [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] gm benny reroll [dice]2[/dice] ace [dice]4[/dice]wild [dice]3[/dice]
" What! No get out of my head! What is your name! I will spill it next!" The seals reseal and she seems ready to cut samson down.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4 Success
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

"Fracking pretty boy. I bet your flesh tastes good!" the Murder Wraith chuckled.

“You’ll never know, because you’ll never get near it,”Jude quipped as he stabbed the thing with his glaive.

To little effect. Jude stared into the creature’s eyes. Did he know this...thing?

He had little time to worry about it, though, if he wanted to get Klaus clear. Something was odd about the little kobold, though. His blood wasn’t splattering over the stone like it should. But Klause was a magical D-Bee.

Markus fires at the Murder Wraith and Samson rushes up, hitting it with his sword, but failing to harm the undead monstrosity. Markus’ shot seemed to do better, but also not to faze the creature as it continued its approach.

And then suddenly a slash appears in the Murder Wraith and then a grenade. Jude stares at it for a moment.

“Oh, shit!” he exclaimed, grabbing Klaus to jump clear.
Agility to jump clear 4 Success
Agility [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Then three CEALs ran out at Jude, Samson, Markus and Velo spraying light rail guns at them. Jude grunted a slug slammed through his armor.
Benny to Soak 9 2 Wounds
Vigor [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Jude coughed a little blood, but grinned. “I’m okay. Through and through. Just a flesh wound.” He wiped the blood from his mouth, and then jumped when Klause suddenly disappeared and then reappeared, whole and healthy.

“Holy shit! Warn a guy next time!” He was glad the little kobold wasn’t dead, at least. Jude looked down at his glowing rifle. “Great! Thanks, Herr Klaus!” Jude said, like a boy on Christmas.

Since it looked like Samson had somehow pissed off the lady in the Glitterboy armor, Jude decided it might be best to put some distance between them. He ducked for cover behind one of the hooks and lifted his rifle, sighting down at the approaching CEALs, squeezing off a shot. Unfortunately the CEAL was too quick and dodged out of the way.
Shooting 2 Fail
+2 armor targeting system; -2 illumination; -2 hit from range
Shooting [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]8[/dice]
Conditions
Light cover
Greater Smite: +8 damage on rifle
-2 Illumination penalty
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Markus' shot tears half the murder wraith's head off but it keeps on coming as if it did not even feel the blow. It snarls at Samson as the cold magic seems to only temporarily phase it. " I will eat your guts!!"
[dice]30316:0[/dice]
Markus curses in German...
"I hate Magiks..."
Markus 1 wound and shaken
Soak: 5 (Success, no Wounds to him)
OOC Comments
Spends a benny to soak... Vigor Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Markus needs to roll agility vs 9, or be fully entangled and escaping is at a -4!
Agility: 7 (Entangled!!!)
OOC Comments
Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Benny to reroll, with Elan gets a +2:
Agility: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]5[/dice]
Markus gets entangled!!!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus, on his action, tries to escape.
Strenght check: 16
OOC Comments
Roll (+2 armor -4 scene): [dice]0[/dice]
Bennie to reroll (+2 Elan)
Strenght check: Roll (+2 armor +2 Elan -4 scene): [dice]2[/dice]
Ace!: [dice]4[/dice]
Ace again!: [dice]5[/dice]
Markus tries to escape, but the magiks bond are too much for him.
But then he remembers he is not alone. He has the technological might of Triax and the ingenuity of the people of the New German Republic helping him! He makes the power servos come to life, and breaks the force that had him pinned in place!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

GM post will be forth coming in a day or so.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Explosions rock the ATVs guarding the doors to the tower, leaving many of them smoking craters. The mystic commander cries out to his allies, " Ceals open fire on their positions. Destroy them!" Perhaps he would have said more but, from the sky bridge that hangs high above, a being expelling vast amounts of electricity comes crashing down into him. The mystic commander crumples to the ground and gurgles, " Gaoy lizz yaeza maen esaeu!" His hands reach out for this electric new comer releasing a mystic plague not seen since the formation of the rifts.
Dan's new character
Feel free to expound on this if you like, and for sure you do not escape the assault on your spirit by the queen of promise.
  • Bonus, you get to make a vigor roll vs the plague of death!
The Ceals that survived Alecto's bombardment stop running across the no mans land and at about 50 feet away prepare to target the assault team for another devastating volley. But they never get the chance.

Tesse, lying on the ground with her eyes tightly shut opens them. The green glow that had been in them before is gone. In fact if one looked close enough they would say her eyes are that of the woman before her dark transformation. Crystal kneeling next to her gasps. Tesse raises with certainty and looks at the Crystal. Gravely she says, " Crystal I need something that I can channel holy energy through that will let me banish the CEALs!"

Crystal hesitantly pulls out a pocket watch inscribed with an elegant C. She whispers to Crystal, " I cannot make that device, but my father gave me his pocket watch before we left... He said it could do something like that." Crystal hands it to Tesse.

Tesse whispers as she holds the watch aloft, " Maker of the world, binder of the mega verse, keeper of hope and dreams, I call upon your divine power to cleanse this plane of these unnatural beasts!"
With a great effort, the power of the mystic flowed throw the TW time piece and the approaching ceals froze as the arcane magic that was keeping them going was either suppressed or driven out. The mystic for a moment appears as she once was, radiantly beautiful, but then the light from her magic fades and she is back to her abysmally transformed self. She breathes hard as clearly that took a lot out of her. In the dark she flashes Jude a familiar smile which melts as the second blade of the Queen of promise rams through her gut. Blood gushes from her stomach. She cries reaching out for Jude, "Jude!"

The Queen of Promise, laughs a thick cruel haunting chortle. " Bitch, I knew you would fall back in love with that man! The way you talked about him... A fools promise, and now you dare turn on us! The word promise has been uttered by the dwarf and it will be consumed!" The Glitter Boy suit hisses as its seals decompress. A creature both radiantly beautiful and terrifying horrible emerges. There and not there it seems. Interestingly, a close look in the suit, if you can manage, reveals a woman of average beauty bloodied and eviscerated but still barely breathing in the suit. The specter of the suit sallies forth as if it has frozen time. From Hero to hero she goes caressing them gently with one hand while digging into their very sentience with the other. The specter known as the Queen of Promise, gives a soft kiss while drawing an essential essence from each hero: a singular promise and the memory that goes with it. She floats among the heroes and whispers seductively and terrifyingly, " Give me your promise, give me what belongs true to you, and I will ease your burden." I will destroy what you hold dear! Feed me and I will live forever!

This is an an assault on your spirit, each hero sees the Queen of Promise for what she really is, either a radiant beauty softly asking them to reveal what their will holds most dear. Or a haunting, and terrible countenance that can freeze your very heart and rip your precious promise with such force it can leave you for dead. However, to survive such an encounter with the depths of paranormal ferocity will leave you better prepared for anything that may cause your heart to freeze.
Benny opportunity
The queen will appear slightly different from hero to hero, to some who choose she will be beauty to others whom choose the more difficult road she will terrifying. Either way include a picture with your post of what your character sees and gain a Benny.
Directions for Players
Choose 1 of the below options and if so desired the optional complication that is included. Look, EP is a thing and I try really hard to craft interesting things for you guys to do. I of course want you guys to succeed, heck I even gave you an opportunity for a Benny to help you with your rolls. During combat I really don't have a problem with EP expenditure, but for these quick combat, dramatic scenes spendimg ep to virtually ensure success really cheapens them to the point of why bother. Ok well thanks for reading this little rant I suppose. EP spent to succeed in these dramatic scenes has been really weighing on my mind to the point I want to quit GMing on this site and I love savagerifts, my players, and SR.com! Probably why it is so frustrating to me. If you have any thoughts on the matter, maybe how to look at it differently or come to terms with it, feel free to PM me. On to the choices...
Option 1: The Seductive Whisper
  • You see and hear such a lovely Queen ask you for your deepest promise. She claims to wish to ease you over your burden. Make a Spirit roll at -2, fail and she takes your greatest promise and the memory that made it. During this struggle share what it is in your post and the story that made it important to your character.
    • Optional Complication: You can increase the difficulty of Option 1 by taking an additional -2 as you are truly tempted to have your burden eased. Include in your narrative of the promise a powerful reason for your character to want it erased. Succeed on your roll and gain the Eased your Burden reward (Gain an extra benny per session that can only be used to soak)
Option 2: The horrifying Ripping
  • You see and hear a terrifying Queen dig deep into your very essence and rip away your most sacred of promises. Encountering this being is truely a thing of horrific proportions. Any character must first make a fear test at -2 ( spirit -2) and then to resist her taking the promise and accompanying memory that made it you must make a Spirit roll at -4. Succeed and you find your spirit forever bolstered by 1 die type. During this struggle share what the promise is in your post and the story that made it important to your character.
    • Optional Complication: You can increase the difficulty of Option 2 by -2 ( to both the fear check and Spirit roll). The sheer force in which the Queen desperately claws at your promise takes you by surprise as you fight to keep control and best this evil creature. Succeed on your roll you not only gain the die type spirit increase but you learn something about yourself and what it means to be a hero. In your narrative explain how holding onto this promise allowed you to gain insight into yourself and further your heroic journey. You gain a pick of 1 HJ option from any 1 table.
Ok folks enemies have just about been defeated... Post your promises and your rolls against having them taken. If she gains three promises she will not be able to be defeated by any means you can currently muster... Samson congrats on the baby, once you clean the GB suit and take out the barely breathing body it is yours ( the boom gun needs to be repaired)...
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Benny Earned, Horrific
IMG_0247.JPG
Option 2 - The Horrific Ripping
NO Optional Complication
Fear Spirit at -2
  • Spirit: [dice]0[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]4[/dice] (Including Elan)
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise
Ripping Away the Promise (Spirit at -4)
  • Spirit: [dice]2[/dice]
    • Reroll
      • Spirit: [dice]5[/dice] +2 (Elan)
        Wild: [dice]6[/dice] +2 (Elan)
    Result: 4 - Success! Permanently gain a die increase to your Spirit (d10 now)
Looking at the horrific being that comes out of the suit of armor to try to rip the memories of the promise he made his family on the day that he left to join the hammers, that he would eventually retire from combat duty and set up a shop in the village, Hans spit in her spectral face.

"No way you will take my memories of the promise I made my kin, and especially to my baby sister. When the time is right to retire, I will go back. Now go back into whatever hole you crawled out of, or we will utterly destroy you like the Black Company does to all we face across the battlefield. Looks like your pretty suit of armor will also be taken, once I repair what we have done to it and your mess is all cleaned out. I believe Samson knows how to pilot those. We will take the suit of armor, your precious swords and whatever else we want that we don't blast beyond recognition, and just make the Black Company even more powerful... and after we are done with you, we will defeat your boss back in Gloom."
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

• Dressed in blackened camouflage light armor, reminiscent of light cyber-knight armor, the retired ISS Officer pauses at the gate. He reflected, Coake was right, this modified armor was nicer than the old style CS suit he used to wear. It had been nice of the leader of the Cyber Knights to give this armor to Flint. It almost made them even. Flint had arrived late to this realm, those he was sent to assist by Lord Coake were already here. Glancing about he grimaces, this felt much like being in the lowest and dirties levels of Chi Town hunting a creature, just ...bigger. It was both frightening and exciting to be in the in the dark realm, bringing the fight to the evils of the world, just now in their environment not in CS cities. Looking around he looks for high ground needing a vantage point to look for those he has been sent to assist.

Seeing the silhouette of a precarious bridge path that stretches from the cliff face up and behind, running the length of the barren plains, seemingly defying gravity to a tower itself the former Coalition Officer moves towards it. Arriving at the base of the bridge he sees that the bridge is awfully narrow, a fall from it would leave one most likely hurt, possibly dead, and definitely wide out in the open. The opposite would be true, he could see all that was below. Even if, while on this bridge it would be hard to dodge any area effects attacks or such, that just meant he needed to be stealthy. Feeling quite well, Flint moves, being on the hunt has him feeling even more confidant than usual.
    Notice 16
    [dice]2[/dice], [dice]1[/dice] -2
    [dice]3[/dice]
    [dice]0[/dice]: A parasitic wonder crawls up in you enhancing your already incredible abilities. Increase any attribute by 1 die type: removed this roll per Gm...no parasite in Flint - roll unneeded, does not apply.
    Stealth 5
    [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]
    After dispatching two undead creatures that were wandering across the top of the narrow bridge, on guard, Flint thought about what Lord Coake had told him. CEALs, Cybernetic Enhanced Arcane Lifeforms, there was no doubting the old Cyber Knight now. If these damned things went into mass production the Legion, Gloom, even the CS would all be in trouble. Both the love and the hate for the Coalition States encouraged Flint to work with Lord Coake, and thus with the Legion. Now after many months being employed by the Legion it was hard to not wish he had retired earlier and joined. Shaking his head Flint looks down at the melee below thinking of the best way to assist those locked in combat, who must be the 13th SET, and the Black, as described by Lord Coake. Seeing a prime target to open up on Flint directs three rapid bolts of crackling energy at what looks like one of the in charge bad guys.

The Mystic Commander cries out to his allies, "Ceals open fire on their positions. Destroy them!" Perhaps he would have said more but, from the sky bridge that hangs high above, Flint directs three rapid bolts of crackling energy and vast amounts of electricity down into him. The Mystic Commander crumples to the ground and gurgles, "Gaoy lizz yaeza maen esaeu!" As his hands reach out towards Flint, the former ISS Officer steels himself and moves to rapid fire more electric currents into the Commander. Frothing in sick twisted curls of vile greens and yellow a strange spell ripples outwards from the Commander washing across Flint, a mystic plague not seen since the formation of the rifts. Flint is thankful for full environmental armor, as the nasty moves across him. Seeing the Commander has dropped dead from the last barrage of bolts Flint turns to look at the other major issue he'd noticed before. The strange Glitter Boy suit and the Queen.
    Vigor 5 to resist Plague of Death
    [dice]6[/dice]
    [dice]7[/dice]
    The Glitter Boy suit hisses as its seals decompress. A creature both radiantly beautiful and terrifying horrible emerges. For a moment Flint thinks of Hera Kara, Elf D-Bee...from so long ago... Like a hazy dream Flint thinks, she is now somehow out of the armor (kill her man!) and now she is touching my unshaven face (I had a helmet on, where is it?) She can not be here, she is dead. The Specter known as the Queen of Promise, gives a soft kiss to Flints mouth while drawing an essential essence from him, a singular promise and the memory that goes with it. (Resist her!) The seductive, and terrifying whisper in his ear is as troubling as the soft lips on his, "Give me your promise ... Flint, give me what belongs true to you, and I will ease your burden." (A load of shit if I ever heard one, life is pain, my life and my pain, are mine!)
    Benny opportunity, and what the Queen looks like to Flint
    Soft skin and the taste of pleasure are not lost to his desires, the Queen looked so very much like the lost and forbidden love from that night long ago in the burbs bar...terrifyingly beautiful, wrong but right (not... real!).

Somehow this woman, this Queen looked just like the D-Bee Elf Flint had tracked down, fallen for, and eventually imprisoned. Painful memories. From a decade ago, but fresh and painful again. It was like Hera Kara was here again. This time he no longer worked for the CS, he could be with her!
    The Seductive Whisper
    You see and hear such a lovely Queen ask you for your deepest promise. She claims to wish to ease you over your burden.

Make a Spirit roll at -2, fail and she takes your greatest promise and the memory that made it.

During this struggle share what it is in your post and the story that made it important to your character.

Optional Complication: You can increase the difficulty of Option 1 by taking an additional -2 as you are truly tempted to have your burden eased. Include in your narrative of the promise a powerful reason for your character to want it erased.

Succeed on your roll and gain the Eased your Burden reward (Gain an extra benny per session that can only be used to soak)
    Saved with a bennie
    SAVE ROLL SPIRIT is d10, at a -4 for scene.
    [dice]8[/dice]
    wd [dice]9[/dice]

Bennie (the one earned from picture above).

[dice]10[/dice] made it
    [dice]11[/dice]
    Flint pushes the image of Hera from his mind (she is gone damn it!)

Physically pushing the Queen of Promises away from him Flint adds a little extra umph to the push with his mind and telekineticly thrusts her away from him. (I had no choice with Hera. I do with you!)
    Psi Bolts etc at Queen
    [dice]12[/dice]
    [dice]13[/dice]

These are unneeded in this QC but rolled to see how they might look..... flavor text: pushing Queen away from me.

Bolt (Rapid Greater Bolt) and Energy Control FIRE, MaP but still a success. (No ISP used for bolts so no AP)
    22 MD = Ground burns: [dice]14[/dice], ace [dice]18[/dice]
    25 MD = Bolt: [dice]15[/dice]
    17 MD = Bolt: [dice]16[/dice]
    36 MD = Bolt: [dice]17[/dice], ace [dice]19[/dice]
    A crackling fire ripples upwards from his feet engulfing Flint, powered by the CS Psi-Tek Experimental Implant in his head. Flames mix with crackling electrical energy that ripples out of his fingers as both fire and blue-white currents of energy cascade outwards to strike at the Queen! The ground around Flint burns from Mega Damage Fire as three rapid bolts of electric Mega Damage energy strike the Queen.

Removing his helmet Flint wipes sweat from his brow.
    Flint
    ImageImage
    "Don't listen to her lies Black Company, don't let this bitch Queen of Lies trick you 13th! Resist her! Kill her!"
Last edited by Jackal on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Promise Stealing 7 - Success
Spirit [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort from Picture Benny: [dice]2[/dice]
Queen: The Whisperer
queen.jpg
Huddled behind cover, bleeding and only alive thanks to mystical forces he can't comprehend, Vello tries to hold it together. Breathing heavily, his flask empty, he tries to will himself back into the battle by drawing on his bottomless reserves of guilt and remorse. Then, he hears a voice. A sweet, motherly voice. "Carlos, she sings sweetly, the burden is too much to bear. Give it to me so you may walk freely. Unsure where the voice is coming from, Caravello sees a ghostly image from his past a combination of religious apparition and his own mother. "Mama?" he breathes. He has not seen her since he left for the army so many years ago. He knew she was safe in Odessa. His enlistment had guaranteed her citizenship. Hopefully his desertion had not caused her harm. She seemed very real at the moment, "You carry so much guilt. So much responsibility. No one holds you to your promise. Give it to me and be unchained." Shaking his head, Carlos answers with a quivering voice, "I can't mama, if I let it go I will die from emptiness. It's what keeps me going."

Undaunted, the eerie figure asks again for him to release himself from his promise to make amends for his past deeds, "No one remains who remembers. You punish yourself needlessly now. Leave it behind you and go forward with your shoulders unyoked."

The offer is tempting, so much of his pain and identity has been wrapped up in that single event and his vow to do something about it. Carlos wants to give it to the woman before him. More than anything. Yet he cannot. The same guilt that drives him to make the promise, holds it inside of him. If it comes loose he comes undone. Steeling himself he stands to return to the fight.

"Sorry mama. The only way to get free of this promise is by seeing it through to the end."
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Bennies 4/4
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 19 3 Raises
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Jude picked himself up after being healed from the last assault of the enemy. He saw the CEALs stopping their rush to take aim, and then Tesse stood up. He blinked in surprise as she channeled holy energy. Jude stared as Tesse’s radiant beauty returned, and the CEALs crumpled. The light fades, and Tesse’s body returns to its marred self, but Jude is happy to see the returned light in her eyes that he knew so well. He returned her smile. “Good for you, Tesse,” he murmured.

And then a large blade plunged through Tesse’s body.

“NO!” Jude screamed, stumbling forward in the dark. He caught her falling body in his arms even as the seals on the glitterboy armor hissed and released.

“No! We were so close! Tesse, hold on!” Jude said, fumbling to get out the enchanted stone he had found. It could heal her! It had to!

And then the Queen of Promise emerged from the glitterboy. Jude shoved Crystal protectively behind him, still clutching Tesse. She was horrible, emaciated, with four long, spindly arms ending in bony hands and sharp talons emerging from her back, dripping blood.
OOC Comments
Fear 5 Success
-2 Scene, -2 Complication, +2 Brave
Spirit [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Use the benny I just gained to Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice]
Spirit -3 Fail
-4 difficulty, -2 complication
Spirit [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Jude gasped in fear, but fought past that. He had a sudden memory, the foolishness and gallantry of a youth.

Michelle lay against Jude’s chest as both caught their breath from the bout of lovemaking. Jude’s fingers traced patterns over the beautiful redhead’s naked back, feeling the soft press of her breasts against his stomach. It was late in the secluded bower in the imperial gardens, a sheltered place for a forbidden tryst.

“I love you, Michelle,” Jude murmured, staring down at her.

Michelle Beauregard smiled. “You are too young to know what love eez, mon chere,” she said with a light laugh.

Jude shook his head, an intensity in his eyes, cupping her face, staring into the green depths of hers. “No. I know this. I love you. I promise you this. I will never stop loving you.”

The wife of the Governor-General Alphonse Beauregard rose up, kissing him deeply. There was a sense of sorrow in the kiss, a fatalism to it, but soon Jude’s youthful passion pushed that aside, made her hope again that, despite her political marriage, perhaps she was meant to have love in her life once more.

“No! You can’t have that!” Jude sobbed, fighting back. But it was useless. The Queen’s claws ripped into his mind, his memory, stealing away the precious moment, leaving him slumping, exhausted, over Tesse.

Conditions
Light cover
Greater Smite: +8 damage on rifle
-2 Illumination penalty
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Samson Malach
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Samson Malach »

Dark Queen of Promise
queen of promise.jpg
The Horrifying Ripping
With complication
Fear at -4
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Fear
[dice]1[/dice]

EP for benny, Extra Effort with Elan
[dice]4[/dice]

Spirit to resist Queen
[dice]2[/dice]

Extra Effort with Elan - benny from picture
[dice]5[/dice]

WD Spirit
[dice]3[/dice]
Samson saw the target of his earlier failed attempt at mind control as she emerged from the glitter boy cocoon.
It smote fear into his soul. A twisted, writhing, faceless and frightening female form. He gritted his teeth, then shouted out. "Honey, you got real ugly!" Then came the ripping. Before he could blink, the spirit of this creature was on him, clawing at the every fiber of his being. "FOOL! Give me the one thing you can't give. I'll show you true power and control! GIVE IT TO ME!"

Samson's sister, Delilah, was a thing of absolute beauty. If Samson was gifted, Delilah was a gift. She had a promising future in any field she chose, but the Coalition States could make particular use of her gifts. She was one of the most powerful psionics the CS scientists had ever seen. With such promises as they could offer, including an increase in station for the Malach family, and even a pardon for Samson's more nefarious hooliganisms, she accepted their recruitment.
Some months into her training, Samson, then residing inside the borders of the Federation of Magic, received a job offer by way of his mercenary employers. The offer made no sense; a ridiculous sum of money for an in-person delivery of information that was almost common knowledge. His employers practically demanded he take the job. Why not? Easy money, only a short trip into CS territory, nothing he hadn't done before.
He made his appearance at the appointed location, a roadside dive bar. A man he didn't know approached him. "Malach. From your sister." Before Samson could speak, the man vanished into nothing.
The man had handed him a holo-tablet. Recorded on it was a message from his sister, offering frightening, if vague, details of weapons exceedingly dangerous to those who drew on ley lines. She spoke quickly of witch hunts inside the program, as the CS heads suspected a leak. They were right. Delilah knew that this would have worse effect than even the CS leadership could imagine.
Another bit of information was hidden on the tablet, separate from his sister's transmission. It was an arrest warrant, executed and fulfilled, for Delilah Malach, on charges of espionage and treason. But she was far too valuable and powerful to simply be executed. She had destroyed all records of the research into this weapons program. In her mind would be the only record of the project, locked in perfect recall inside a perfect mind.
The text explained she was being held, alive, and experimented upon viciously by the CS lab rats. The location was unknown, but the project head was named. Governor-General Alphonse Beauregard.
I promise you, Delilah, I'll find you, and I'll spring you. And we'll make the CS burn. I'll make Beauregard BURN.

"Yes, that's what I want. Give it over and I'll show you true power! DO NOT REFUSE ME! I will find your sister and rip her to tatters!"

Samson's mind is more powerful than his demeanor might suggest. It takes every ounce of will within him, but he forces her from his soul. "Back off, she-bitch! I don't break promises, and I sure as shootin' don't hand them over to skaggy broads like you!"
Hero's Journey
Apologies. I read the instructions as choice of HJ result, not roll on choice of table. My bad.
HJ Psionics
[dice]6[/dice]
Last edited by Samson Malach on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Samson Malach
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

The Seductive Whisper - 4 Success
[dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for extra effort [dice]2[/dice]
Alecto's Queen of Promises
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

-- Option 2: The horrifying Ripping, with Optional Complication
Markus feels the phsyque of the creature violate his mind, penetrating his thoughts, his desires, his fears. He feels himself taken apart, undone, destroyed in the worst posible way. As a soldier of the New German Republic he has been always ready to lay down his body and life for the human cause, but never expected his mind to be the one ripped apart.
Fear Check: 1 FAIL!!!
OOC Comments
Spirit Check (-4 scene): [dice]0[/dice] (Sorry, it was -4, not +4, and fails)
Benny to Reroll:
Spirit Check (-4 scene): [dice]2[/dice]
Benny to Reroll (+2 Elan):
Spirit Check (-4 scene +2 Elan): [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]5[/dice]
He sees the demoness as a tempting horrible thing. A promise of the pleasures he can get if he abandons his allegiance to humankind, and betrays everything he holds dear. He feels horrible thought flood his mind.
"Anyway, these Americans are not human anymore! They have betrayed their human origins! They are as bad as the DBees from the rifts! The NGR stands alone, and will fall! The only choice, now, is to embrace the evil from the rifts, submit to them and let them take over the earth!"
In his minds beautiful nightmares of debauchery assault his will!
He is lost in this
Fear Result: 0 [dice]6[/dice]
He has only one purpose in life. Only one ideal, only one goal, only one promise. To help humanity reclaim the earth. To save the purity of the human race from the monsters and demons of the rifts. Now he feels all of it going away...
Second Test:
OOC Comments
Spirit Roll (-4): [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]8[/dice]
Going... going... gone!!!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:

Return to “Scara's Tower”