3. Jitters
  4. Libertas
  5. Humble
  6. Max
  7. Alex
  8. Lady Viggo
  9. Sammy
Darkness

Though you have no idea that you are one of the many Vanished, you are Vanished. One moment you were either walking along the newly built streets of Gloom, or sleeping in your hotel room, the next moment everything ended. A pitch blackness, an emptiness, only the sound of your heart beat, just maybe, and if so, it is very faint. Your entire world is nothing. No sounds, no vision, no feeling beyond a inner cold that feels empty. No way to call out. No sounds if you try. Nothing. This is what death feel like? A complete lack of everything, except, you know you are there in this absolute nothing. Time stretches and your senses are continuously assaulted by a lack of everything. No sensory input is damned frightening. The void fills you, engulfs you, tears your mind and soul.

An eternity later you still have no sight. Two new feeling come to you. One: you are cold. Shivering cold and it feels like you are laying on cold wet stone. Two: sounds. An occasional cough. Sliding on wet stone. Your, or someone close to you, rumbling stomach. Then: ”Fuuu what happened...” Not your voice. Or was it?

Moments later, in the darkness, you hear: ”No... where is the staff? Oh please no.” Sloshing sounds of skin on wet stone can be heard. Like someone crawling across the ground. ”It’s here. I think. I feel it. It’s behind this wall. Close. So close.” Sounds of soft sobbing is heard.

GM Note to Players:. The first posts are from you, the Vanished, awakening to pitch darkness and laying on cold wet stone. Nude and all Power Points gone. You feel drained, mentally and physically. You are cold, hungry and sightless due to being in a place with no light source. You can talk to each other. See who’s here. As it happens the voice that asked ... what happened ... was Lady Viggo. Everyone has 1 Fatigue level. (-1 on Rolls). New GM Post for Vanished will be up over next day or two with more info (lights might go on).
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Vanished (Part 1)

Post by Libertas Magicum »

"Jesus H. Christ on a sidecar with Mohammed driving and Krishna on back, who the fuck... Oh, great, I'm in the dark with a quasi-hysterical She-Viggo. Anyone else here? Max? How about a quick roll-call? Also, just out of curiosity, is everyone else naked, or did I just get special treatment because they know if they leave me with two wires and a battery I can light up this place like the sun?"

Fuckers even took my goggles... This'll be fun.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Sammy stirrs...Just got to hit that big red ball one more time and the prize is mine! He stirrs some more.Damn it is cold, what in tarnation---Darkness? " Meow! Ugghh, so tired... Who is there? So hard to breathe...." Sammy lies back downtrying to periece the dark nothingness... " Lady Viggo? Is anyone out there?" Sammy shakes his furr trying to get up on his haunches... But he just stays currel up in a ball whispering, " When I get out of here, who ever put me in this rat trap will find themselves at the buisnesses end of a smoke wagon..."
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max shakes his head. And his whole body. If this is the afterlife, then piss on it. I don't want any part. Finally hearing some sounds, Max forces out a muted "Lib?" Then he groans. Loudly. "That sounds like the miserable fleabag from the 2nd. I thought this was some kind of purgatory. I was wrong. We are in the lowest pit of Hell. It's a lie. All dogs don't go to Heaven. God, what did I do wrong? I'll do anything if you get me out of this. Donate money to the poor. Adopt stray dogs. Whatever. Just save me from eternity with this feline." Max continues grousing like this for another few minutes.

Alex, on the other hand, complains slightly less. "This must be what it's like to lose the other eye. And all of my other senses. What the...Max, what did you drag me in to? I'd pay money to be facing down a whole Legion battalion under the command of a CS regiment. Out in the open. With the sun shining. Or the moon. And only armed with a stick." He slaps at the floor/walls/ceiling/whatever, in an attempt to figure out where he is or what he's resting on.
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib replies to Max. "Hey, I jumped after you--didn't want you and Alex off on your own. I'm not sure how the cat got here. Hi, Sammy, right? I'm Libertas, a great Techno-Wizard, which, right now, is kind of like being the best snowball fighter in Death Valley. And Alex, I hear ya. I can do amazing things with a stick. Does anyone have any gear at all with them?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Meow, ok Max, Libertas, and Alex... Bizzaro Alex it sounds like... Why is the floor lumpy?
" Yeah goggles, Sammy... I was just taking a cat nap, dreaming of this nice schnauzer back at the Castle... She gives the best tummy rubs... Then I am here on this awfully lumpy floor." Sammy sounds dog gone tired. " No... No gear, I am missing Jobbi and sunshine... I... am just so tired. Feels like I have going through buckets of bull non stop for 20 hours."
Sammy
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Bennies
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

Gargamel awoke in the dark to a plethora of voices; some he was happy to hear, others less so. Darkness and naked, this was not good. Had they been kidnapped or was it something else?

He could feel something furry moving around on his stomach, that felt like it sat up.

"That had better be you Sammy and watch where you put those paws,"
he informed the cat, as from where he lay, he reached out trying to find a wall in order to get his bearings.
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Waking up and looking around Humble does not know what happened. It had been centuries since he slept and he forgot the feeling, but he thinks this was different. It felt like those moments after he is killed before his father's power brings him back. He hates that feeling, he would rather have the pain of burning or chill of freezing than that emptiness, even worse to be so aware of it. Listening to the room and sniffing the smells of the others as the light starts clearing in his poor eyes Humble realizes he is trapped with a bunch of strangers from the 13th also. The feeling that has set into his bones feel so familiar, but he could not identify it. It was affecting his ability to move and think clearly and he did not like that.
Focusing his attention on Sammy he asks the question most on his mind as he listens to everyone else. "Where Battle Brothers?" His concern for the safety of his new friends high in his mind.

After only a few moments and his head clear Humble walks over and tries to rip smash or tear his way out of whatever this prison is.

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell shook her head -- glad to be able to feel her head, after the unmeasurable time of feeling nothing -- and pushes herself up from the cold stone floor.

"Cantrell here. I thought I heard Max, Lib, Sammie ... who else? Roll call's a good idea, then ... honestly I don't know what then. Any ideas about where we are, Lib? Or where our gear went? I'm guessing you're all as bare as I am ... in which case anyone getting close better announce themselves, clearly."

With her attention focused on her cybernetic sensory array, Cantrell tries to interpret the radar, sonar and motion detection data it was gathering, hoping it might give her some idea of her surroundings.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Well... I know that Scara's working out of some dimension where there is no sunlight. So this could very well be that. Beyond that..." He sighs. "I'm figuratively as well as literally as in the dark as everyone else. In fact, moreso--these kobold rapists even took my damn goggles, so even if we get the lights on at some point, I'm gonna need some help moving around. Hey, cat, you want a head you can perch on, in exchange for giving me directions when the time comes?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

"Okay, radar data is starting to form a clearer picture ... room we're in is something like 30 ft. by 40 by 50. And I'm picking up 10 life forms. Let's do that roll call now. Once you say your name, shift a foot or two to your left so I can get a handle on orientation and put a voice to each blob on my HUD," Cantrell says.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Cantrell wrote:"Okay, radar data is starting to form a clearer picture ... room we're in is something like 30 ft. by 40 by 50. And I'm picking up 10 life forms. Let's do that roll call now. Once you say your name, shift a foot or two to your left so I can get a handle on orientation and put a voice to each blob on my HUD," Cantrell says.
Humble stops banging on the door long enough to look in the direction of the voice and get a smell of the speaker. "I am Humble" Then he goes back to trying to break out.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Libertas over here, boss." He waits for Sammy to (hopefully) take him up on the offer.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
sammy

Post by sammy »

Libertas Magicum wrote:"Libertas over here, boss." He waits for Sammy to (hopefully) take him up on the offer.
Sammy does his best to follow the voice of Libertas... Meow, this must be Humble... Oops Sorry Cantrell. Uhh hi Max... Feels red, must be Libertas. Sammy curls up on what is hopefully Libertas' head. " Meow, hopefully this is you Goggles and not Gargamel playing a joke."
Sammy
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Bennies
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Nah, you're good." He pauses. "Gargamel? Is his scent here?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max growls. "Lib, don't let that thing on your head! Cats have fleas. This one probably has worms. You don't want worms, man. They'll eat your insides. Worms in your brain. They'll destroy that genius intellect of yours. It's not worth it." He sighs. "Max here, Top Dog. Please tell me you have a plan to get us all out of here, except for that cat. He can stay." As ordered, he shifts himself slightly to the left. "I smell Gargamel. Had enough of his odor in my nose for the last few weeks, but he's a quick study. Got a good handle for the controls of that spider walker."

Alex shakes his head in the dark, not that anyone could see it. "Max, remember a couple weeks ago when we were fighting against the CS and TL, and it was a hard fight and a rough life, but we could see and we had clothes on? Those were good times. Sergeant Cantrell, this is Alex. Whoever has us even took my damned eyepatch. I'm gonna make them pay." He, too, scoots a few feet to his left.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

Yeah, I'm here " Gargamel sighed, "not sure where here is though. "

He concentrated for a second trying to summon a tiny flame but all he could feel was empty where he could summon his magical abilities.

"I feel completely drained, running on empty. Not going to be able to magic our way out of here. Lets figure out where we are. Anybody remember what happened? Humble stop smashing for a moment until we figure out what is going on."
OOC Comments

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)

Also Conrad

Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble hears the long list of slurs directed at Sammy and stops taking a couple quick steps towards the dog boy he growls. Putting his hand on the dog boys shoulder and squeezing firmly. "Sammy's friend, no fleas." Taking a deep breath he gets the dog boys sent for later. Speaking to Sammy he asks. "Want Humble break wolf-man?" With only Gargemel and Sammy voicing out so far Humble tries to identify which other battle brothers are alive and with them. But he cannot pick out any more of the Black Company he knows.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

sammy

Post by sammy »

Humble wrote:Humble hears the long list of slurs directed at Sammy and stops taking a couple quick steps towards the dog boy he growls. Putting his hand on the dog boys shoulder and squeezing firmly. "Sammy's friend, no fleas." Taking a deep breath he gets the dog boys sent for later. Speaking to Sammy he asks. "Want Humble break wolf-man?" With only Gargemel and Sammy voicing out so far Humble tries to identify which other battle brothers are alive and with them. But he cannot pick out any more of the Black Company he knows.
" Meow, Humble lets see if your creative breaking skills can find us a door. That wolf as you so aptly describe is a real sweet heart the way Ms. Schnauzer describes him. During my last tummy tickle at the Castle she spoke of him fondly. So my dear Humble I suspect his bark is worse than his bite. But big guy see if you can find a seam in the wall, Max can't your kind pick up on arcane energies? Are there any nearby and what can you tell us about them?" Sammy yawns and scruffs up Libertas' hair making a nice pillow out of it.
Sammy whispers to Libertas slightly yawning, " I had a conversation with Diamond Clad about you Libertas... One of those late night heart to hearts, he seemed to think highly of you and your intellect. Something about the finest mind to grace his class room. Despite not being able to see and without your craft, you still got that brain of yours right? Conjectures on where we are and who took us?"
Sammy
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Bennies
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Nodding at Sammy Humble says. "Oh." Then to the dog boy he adds. "Sorry." and heads over to the wall trying to find a seem or weak point to use to break out.
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice] +2 for smell
Notice Wild [dice]1[/dice] +2 for smell

Do I recognize Jitters
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Smarts Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

"Okay, I've got Libertas, Sammie, Max and BA, Gargamel and Humble ... add me and that's seven. Did someone say they heard Lady Viggo? If you're here, speak up ... what you did for Alex buys you a chance to talk, at the very least. And my other two unknowns, identify yourselves, as well, or I'm going to start giving Humble marching orders toward your location," Cantrell says, moving slowly toward Libertas and Sammie.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Looking at Cantrell Humble thinks she must be to long in the field if she thinks he works for her now. He better set her straight on his new status. "Humble free." Then thinking to help a bit as Sammy and Gargamel are cooperating so far he may as well call out for the last sent he recognizes. "Jitters there" he says pointing at Jitters not realizing the others did not see the world the same way he did and likely could not see where he is pointing. Finally pointing to the last person in the room Humble says. "Don't know that one"
With that handled Humble goes and nudges Jitters to wake him before he returns to trying to break out.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

• "Other than obviously Humble, can anybody see in the dark and can tell us what this room is?"
OOC Comments

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)

Also Conrad

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Image Still cold, tired and unable to see, those in the large room can feel a new sensation, what feels like a very cold breeze blowing into the room. Thermal vision shows the far wall is far colder/darker than the rest of the room. Everyone present feels the increasing cold air from the same far wall. Over a few minutes the cold increases to cause actual pain when by that wall.

Lady Viggo snuffles and sobs further, her sore hands now softly pounding on the wet wall, “The staff is beyond. Close but so *cry* far that it hurts. So cold…”

Lady Viggo reluctantly moves back from the wall due to the increasing painful cold, a few feet away from the wall she cries out in pain. Thermal and sonar vision shows her shape laying prone and unmoving now. No sobbing, she is absolutely silent and unresponsive.

Jitters is identified by Humble, who has a Ogre’s heat vision, but he has stated the “other person” is unknown to him. Jitters has of yet not stirred or spoken, he may be still unconscious. The last unknown…is silent and unmoving.
Stomachs rumble, goosebumps jump out across skin and joints are sore and very cold. The absolute darkness lasts and is unrelenting.
Notes
(Standing by the Cold Wall, within 4 feet of it, requires a Vigor Roll. Failure = 1 Wound. Roll must be done each minute if staying in area. If you were by that Wall, move and you’re okay. Stay and injured. Lady Viggo is w/n 3 ft of that wall FYI If you grab her and pull her away from the Cold Wall, make that Vigor Roll.)

(Success or better on a Notice Roll at -2 = You faintly hear what sounds like movement or something crashing about well beyond the walls of this room. It only lasts for a moment and then silence reigns again beyond the dark cold wet stone walls.)

(Success or better on an Arcane Skill Roll at -2 = You realize that as your inner strength and abilities slowly regenerate they are also being syphoned empty at a equal rate from a source of anti-energy beyond the walls. Almost like the absolute opposite feeling one gets when standing by a Ley Line. PP, ISP & PPE remain at empty.)
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell rolls her eyes as the big guy takes umbrage with her request. No big deal -- she'd dealt with plenty of monosyllabic muscle in the Coalition, and it generally didn't take much to get them marching in the same direction.

"Sure thing, Humble. You're the boss of you. But we're all stuck here and ought to work together, and I'm going to need your help, since you're so big and strong and helpful. Is that okay?" Cantrell says. "I need to figure out if there's anyone in here who isn't on our side, so do you think you can go check on the person you don't know and tell me a little more about them? I'm going to check on the shark lady."

Inching along carefully to avoid any hazards not picked up by her radar, Cantrell makes her way to the figure she'd identified as She-Viggo. The shark-woman lays on the floor, cold and unresponsive.
Vigor 10, Benny used
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort+Elan [dice]2[/dice]
"Shit," Cantrell gasps as the overwhelming cold radiating from the nearby wall hits her. Hurriedly, she grabs She-Viggo and drags her away from the arctic cold, slapping her lightly to try to revive her.

"You going to be okay?" Cantrell asks. "Of all of us trapped here, you've got the most experience with jumping around through space and time, so if there's anything you can tell me about our current predicament, now's the time."

GM Response
Lady Viggo is unresponsive / unconscious.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Thinking that the lady will die if left alone Humble walks over to drag the lady to a safe location away from the cold point. But seeing the leader of the Legion doing the job figures he would instead to not interfere. For measure Humble heads over and see how much of the cold he can handle, is it possible for them to escape that way or to close the gap so no one else gets cold.
OOC Comments
Vigor [dice]2[/dice]
Vigor Wild [dice]3[/dice] Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Hearing -2 roll
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Once he realizes he would be the only one able to survive the comes back in. Without realizing what he is doing Humbles pliable nature comes into play and he walks over to the unknown form and nudges it. "Who are you?"

GM Response

As Humble nudges the human sized form, it toppled over. As it falls to the ground Humble alone sees a vision in his mind of a Juicer making his way down a corridor. Out of shadows a demonic form pulls out of shadow and kills the Juicer. The demonic looking humanoid drags the body, down a dark near pitch black stone hallway into this room and tosses the dead man against this wall.

Smarts Roll (Humble only) at -2 to ascertain what Wall was used by the demonic armored humanoid.
Add Roll after this OOC. If you succeed I’ll post more.

Not his best Trait
Humble Smarts [dice]5[/dice] Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Smarts [dice]6[/dice]
GM Response
The door was along that cold wall, of course, where pain waited. Somewhere.

Looking over where's the door should be Humble let's the others know. "Doors here. Help find." Then he begins searching.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Notice Modifiers: Fatigue, Scene Penalty
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace Running total [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Ace Running total [dice]5[/dice]
Forgot -2 for Bad Hearing; net 7, still a success

TW Modifiers: Fatigue, Scene Penalty, Edges
Techno-Wizardry [dice]2[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]3[/dice]
Fail. He's a Technowizard without devices, what'd'ya expect?
Making sure to stay away from that vicious cold he can feel emanating from where he heard Lady Viggo's voice, Lib pauses as he hears noise outside. He tries to shush the others, but the noise fades too quickly to catch any details. Sadly, the distraction is sufficient to also keep him from noticing that he's not rejuvenating any juice--though without his gizmos, or any supplies to construct anything, his level of magical mojo is less of a concern, anyway.

"For those who may have missed it--something was moving around out there. Sounded loud, but far away." A pause. "As for where we are, my best guess is somewhere in space, on a world with no sun; Scara wanted a way to get by with no sunlight. Either that, or Ben and Scara's home world, which was ruled by warlocks."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Notice
Notice with fatigue and plus scent - net +1 on scent only
[dice]0[/dice]

Ace Notice with prior - scent adds 2 to this number
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Notice
[dice]1[/dice]
Max grits his teeth as the massive ogre applies the Vulcan pinch to his shoulder. "Relax, genius. It's just a fun game Sammy and I play. I describe the various ways I'd like to see Sammy dismembered, and everyone laughs. Bonus points if Sammy gets dismembered." The hulking ogre eventually releases Max's shoulder, and apologizes. "Hey, that's no problem. It'll just be a month of traction to get that arm to work right again. But at least Sammy's feelings and fleas are intact."
He shakes his head, trying to clear the cobwebs from his brain. He takes a burst of short sniffs at the air, and a few deep breaths through the nose.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Listening to the 'banter' between Max and Sammy, Lib feels compelled to add, "Of course, maybe we were whisked away by potential allies who want to see how well our two groups can work together in adverse circumstances before deciding whether or not to send a horde of reinforcements and endow us all with enchanted ultra-tech gear."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild DIe [dice]1[/dice]
Edge +2
Scene -2
Fatigue -1
Net -1
Common Knowledge
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild DIe [dice]3[/dice]
Racial -1
Scene -2
Fatigue -1
Net -4
Smarts
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild DIe [dice]5[/dice]
Racial -1
Scene -2
Fatigue -1
Net -4
Jitters sputters and coughs as he wakes up drained, wore out, and naked. "OhmanthelasttimeIwokeupfeelingdrainedworeoutandnakedwasthatmorningafterawildorgyinthesoundboothofaconcertManthatwasawildconcerthadaflyingpyrotechnicactandeverything!" Jitters says as he stands up. He starts trying to feel his way around the room try and find something.

[dice]6[/dice] (I figure that 1-9 will mean that I bump into one of the others, while 10-20 means nothing. I will leave it to Lars to figure out who is what number.)
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Alex mutters when Libertas offers his unique take on the situation. "Only if our luck changes."

Max nods (in the dark) to Libertas. "That's exactly what I was thinking, Lib. But I know they'll want to know that we have senses of humor. They may also be testing us to see if we let the cat live. They may hate cats. You don't know. Better safe than sorry, I always say. Come here, Sammy."
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

~Image~ Whether by design or circumstance, the door opened. That simple. Stone disappeared and left an archway, a doorway through stone, large enough to easily make ones way through, even if bigger than an Ogre. The cold wet stone hallway beyond, softly illuminated by an unknown source that simply is present, shadows lurk everywhere.

In the hallway, a light ash falls from the stone flaking ceiling. A hallway of umber darkness, softening the jagged stone walls. The only smooth surface beyond the cell room is the stone floor, which is still cold and wet. Vision is still obscured, one can barely discern what is outside the cell, while still with in it. A cold breeze filters inwards from outside the cell, from the hallway. Though not as harsh a cold as is seeping in from the far wall of the cell, it is chilling to the bone. For a single instant the silence is broken by a booming clang noise, then you only hear each other breathing.

Map
Notes
Touching the stone walls is unpleasant, not quite a Wound, just sharp. If one were say, thrown at the wall, the additional damage from piercing damage might come into effect. Let us hope nothing here throws your naked vulnerable bodies at the walls.

I have given you a map. Although you can not see the other rooms from where you are, you will be able to see three black wooden doors leading off different directions if you leave the cell.

Lady Viggo is unconscious still. The anti-energy is still a issue, no PP Regen possible here. A Smarts Roll by anyone will reveal that the wall that Lady Viggo was trying to touch, before passing out, was the wall that borders the cell (28) and room 30. The chilling cold air that was cold enough to cause Wounds was also along the same location, between 28/30.

You are all at -1 from 1 Level of Fatigue (Except Humble).

You are all at an additional -1 to Trait Rolls due to low light.

This means all rolls are at -2 (Humble -1).
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Notice to Sniff out Others 8, Smarts roll to identity room 7
Smarts [dice]3[/dice]
Smarts Wild [dice]0[/dice] Ace [dice]4[/dice]

Humble starts looking for and smelling for signs of others.
Notice +2 Sniffing -1 Scene [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Notice Wild [dice]2[/dice]
As Humble Exits he looks behind him to the others thinking this all feels like a trap he whispers. "Humble die, you fight, maybe run." Once out of the room Humble starts looking around. As he realizes there are other rooms that more people could be in he begins setting them free. (If Gargamel or Sammy stop him then he wont, otherwise those doors are being opened.)
OOC Comments
Opening door identified on hangouts as door 1 North of cell exit.
after that opening door 30, then random closest door.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Humble moves out of the cell, and sees several doors.
His thoughts are, that there may be slaves in need of rescuing.
Moving quickly to the northern door he opens it to free what is beyond the black wood door.

Initially the creatures seem ... startled by your presence, then they quickly recover and all surge towards you all.
2 Shadow Beasts
8 Human sized Stone Golems

Combat Map and Combat Info
You are all at opening of the Cell Door, or can be in hallway if you like. Humble is at top door obviously.

None of bad guys are Wild Cards.

Init Order
Init determined by use of Real Life Deck of Cards
  • Humble
  • Jitters
  • Sammy
  • Cantrell
  • Gargamel
  • Libertas
  • Max & Alex
  • 8 Stone Golems
  • 2 Shadow Beasts

Remember your Toughness and Parry etc are out of armor. Posted Everyone in Init order. Go ahead a Edit your Post. Thank you!
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Seeing the monsters Humble does not hesitate. Instead he lunges at them with a roar to his comrades behind him. "Run, hide!"
Then he starts lunging his body into the closest golem with all his great force he seizes it up into the air with both hands and uses it as a Club against the Shadow Beast nearest him smashing the golem and the shadow beast into the wall with a loud thud. The Shadow Beast only stumbles not injured by the blow. Humble's rage at the thing only increases as he sees his best effort failing.
Grapple 14 contested Fighting, Hits Shadow Beast for 15 stumbling it a bit, but not hurting
Grappling (Oppossed Fighting, -2 Multiple Action Penalty, +2 Racial Bonus = d12)
Fighting [dice]0[/dice] Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]
Fighting Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Then Swings the golem like a Club at Shadow Beast (Wild attacks +2 To Hit and +2 Damage, Multiple Action Penalty -2 = d12)
Fighting [dice]2[/dice] Extra Effort [dice]5[/dice]
Fighting Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Damage [dice]6[/dice] + [dice]7[/dice]
Benny to reroll Damage [dice]8[/dice] + [dice]9[/dice]

AWESEOME TAX 3 Bennies

Combat Round 1
Parry:Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble, unarmed is also -2 parry)
Toughness: 16 (naked)
GM Response
The Stone Golem That Humble picked up lost its roll and is grabbed up by the Ogre. The impact from being slammed into the Shadow Beast may not have harmed the Shadow Beast. However the Golem is stattered into tiny black stone bits. The stone club it wielded clatters to the wet stone floor.

Stone Club Damage (while used in this realm) 2d6 plus STR.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Combat Round 1
Parry: 11 (Normally 11, -2 for being unarmed, but all attackers also take a -2 to all attacks against Jitters, effectively negating the -2 to Parry for being unarmed)
Toughness: 6
Notice 2
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Jitters sees Humble release the Golems and they turn hostile against them, Jitters reflexively adopts a fighting stance then decides to take it's weapon from the Golem's hands and bash it a couple of times before passing it through the door for the next person to catch and use.

Action 1: Disarm
Action 2: Attack
Fighting Disarm 5 Damage 14
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]

Damage [dice]8[/dice]
-1 Benny Re-roll
Damage [dice]9[/dice] Ace!
Damage Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Fighting
[dice]11[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]12[/dice]
Split the Seconds:

Action 1: Attack
Action 2: Toss club to the next person through the door.
Fighting
[dice]13[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]14[/dice]
JItters moves up to the Golem to the right of the door, grab it's wrist holding a club, attempt to yank the club out of the Golem's wrist with a mighty tug. He sswings the club at the Golem twice, but narrowly missed on both attempts. He will finally toss the weapon to the next person coming out of the room they were in when they woke up.
Last edited by Jitters on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am, edited 8 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Combat Round 1 Just put me on hold until Libertas goes...SEE BELOW POST
Parry: 5
Toughness: 4
Sammy
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Bennies
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell pulls the female Viggo away from the wall of deadly cold and tries to slap some sense into her, but the shark woman remains unconscious. Convinced the time-shifting clone won't expire in the next few moments, Cantrell leaves her for the moment, crab-walking toward the door Humble found in the west wall.

Blinking even in the dusk-like light of the hallway, Cantrell arrives just in time to see Humble open the northern door ... and the nightmarish warriors beyond. The ogre reacts before she does, pushing into the room, followed closely by a blurred shape she identifies as Jitters. The Crazy crashes into one of the stone warriors, then an obsidian-dark club skitters across the floor. Scooping it up, Cantrell charges forward, attacking the golem that had resisted Jitters' attack. As the disarmed golem turns to follow Jitters, Cantrell lifts the scavenged club and brings it down with all her might, smashing through the stone creature's neck and sending its head rolling down the hall.

Combat Round 1
Parry: 8
Toughness: 9
Rolls
Pick up club, then attack G2 with -2 MAP; EDIT: Forgot the -1 for Fatigue, as well
Fighting [dice]0[/dice]-2
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]-2
Benny to reroll, +2 from Elan
Fighting [dice]2[/dice] -1 Fatigue = 6, Success
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Damage [dice]4[/dice]
Benny to reroll Damage [dice]5[/dice]
Ace! [dice]6[/dice]
Ace! [dice]7[/dice] = 24 damage, one destroyed golem
G2 destroyed. Two Bennies used.
Last edited by Cantrell on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

Combat Round 1
Toughness: 7

Gargamel followed Humble out, scooping up the club from the floor. The golems were strong, but these shadow creatures were more dangerous and possibly beyond their ability to hurt except for Humble unless these clubs were magical.
OOC Comments
smarts trick on another shadow creature 6
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
ace [dice]6[/dice]

knowledge arcana 8
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
ace [dice]5[/dice]
OOC Comments

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)

Also Conrad

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Combat Round 1
Parry: 6
Toughness: 5

When Humble first opens the room to the hallway, Lib moves towards the door. Lightly brushing the wall with his arm, he pulls back with an annoyed hiss. "Sammy, do me a favor, help keep me away from those walls. They're sharp." He definitely lets Humble take a lead, here, and unless ordered otherwise, will try to be behind Cantrell and Max as well--he trusts his well-being to their skills even more than to the monster-man's strength. Pity I don't have my goggles with Cantrell in front of me... ah, well, probably better to keep my head in the game at this point.

When the next door is opened and a fight with figures that he can barely see starts, he opts for the better part of valor, hanging back and putting up the best defense he can in case something gets past the front line.
OOC Comments
Defend Maneuver: +2 to Parry--mainly serves to cancel out the Unarmed Defender penalty.
Parry: 6 (Unarmed Defender = Attackers at +2 to hit); Toughness: 5
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
sammy

Post by sammy »

Combat Round 1 - Was on Hold until now.
Toughness: 4

Sammy Rides Libertas' head like a seasoned pro, anyone looking at him has to wonder if Sammy has done this before. Steady glasses, steady... Just got to get you lined up, just so... Sammy has fists full of Libertas' hair in his hands deftly twitching and making micro adjustments to Libertas' position until Libertas is lined up with the light at his back and with Cantrell's next target in front of her.
Softly Sammy purrs to Libertas, " Meow, Partner did I ever tell you about how I learned to be a master shadow puppetter in the caverns of Carlesbad... Whew, I could toss up an image that will make your skin crawl and your mind believe the 7th spider of Cthulhu had risen!" Sammy angles his paws just right to project an image of a spider coming towards the foe that Cantrell could attack next. Still whispering to Libertas, " Give me your best clicky-klat-clickity klat, jitter jitter spider tither there Libertas."
Smarts Trick Spider Shadow Puppet against enemy close to Cantrell, total 15
Smarts Trick -1 fatigue, -2 unstable platform (Libertas' Head) [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice] benny for EF[dice]3[/dice] Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Sammy gives Cantrell a sly wink, or at least what he assumes is the nude form of Cantrell.This one is all ready to wrestle with ya haws.
Attachments
Spider.jpg
Spider.jpg (6.18 KiB) Viewed 34231 times
Last edited by Maximilian on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Bennies
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Maximilian
Combat Round 1
Max Parry: 7
Max Toughness: 8
Violence by Max
Disarming G4 - Fighting at -2 due to fatigue and darkness, -2 called shot to weapon arm
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Fighting
[dice]1[/dice]

Benny reroll fighting with Elan
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Fighting
[dice]3[/dice]

Ace WD Fighting with prior
[dice]4[/dice]

2nd Ace WD Fighting
[dice]5[/dice]

Damage to weapon arm with raise - Str + 2d6 for teeth
[dice]6[/dice]

Benny for reroll damage
[dice]7[/dice]
Max growls and charges around the corner, finding the next golem in line. He leaps at the arm holding the stone club and latches on by his teeth, wriggling and twisting to try to tear the club from its grip. The stone club clatters to the ground, and Max lets go of the arm. "Get him, Alex!"

Alex
Combat Round 1
Alex Parry: 5
Alex Toughness: 5
Fighting
Picks up stone club Max tore free, swings it at same golem - -2 for fatigue and darkness, -2 MAP
[dice]8[/dice]

WD fighting
[dice]9[/dice]
Alex runs in, right on Max's heels. He picks up the club Max wrenched free and takes a swing at the golem, but the darkness plays tricks on him, and he swings wide, missing entirely. "Damn! Sorry, Max!"
Ending status: Max unarmed in front of G4, Alex armed with stone club in front of G4 having just missed.
Last edited by Maximilian on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Stone Golems with Stone Weapons
Combat Round 1
Toughness: 10
  • Golem 1 - attempts to hit Humble - see below
  • G2 - disarmed by Jitters; then destroyed by Cantrell
  • G3 - disarmed and also Destroyed by Humble
  • G4 - disarmed by Max & shaken from G and S tricks.
  • G5 - running towards south
  • G6 - running towards south
  • G7 - running towards south
  • G8 - moves towards you all

Shadow Beasts
Combat Round 1
Parry: 8
Toughness: 18
  • Shadow Beast #1 - Shaken Stunned and spooked by "shadow spider"
  • Shadow Beast #2 - attempts to hit Humble - see below

G1 Attack on Humble: Fighting [dice]0[/dice] {Fail} The Stone Golem swings a stone club at Humble and completely misses striking the wall instead.

Shadow Beast #2 attack on Humble: Spellcasting [dice]1[/dice] {Success} Shadow Beast #2 moves like a smokey wraith towards Humble and opens its mouth, revealing its needle like teeth, hissing a bolt of black energy erupts from its maw and flies towards the large Ogre.
Damage Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
One die aced [dice]3[/dice]

Total Shadow Damage to Humble 19 vs his 16 Toughness.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

• We are locked in a combat scene, however your next post will have two parts.
    Additionally, if anyone opens more doors, like 30 which is relatively close, I will post a GM Response.

Part 1 is your Init and actions, be it tricks, combat, opening other doors, or staying out of the way.
    Part 2 is your discovery of why you have a level of Fatigue!

PART ONE

Combat Round 2
    Libertas - Joker!
    The Golems (G4 Roll vs Shaken: Fail, still Shaken, G4 is also unarmed)
    The Shadow Beasts (SB1 roll vs Shaken: Success, not shaken but used turn to get rid of shaken)
    Max
    Cantrell
    Sammy
    Gargamel
    Jitters
    Humble*

Combat Round 2 Map
Will Post Init Order: Players Edit. Thanks!
Darkness and Fatigue still are both -1 each (-2 total)

Who should I be fighting?
Shadow Beast 1 and Shadow Beast 2, G1, G4, and G8 are all in the area.
G5-8 are gone from sight. Whether they are fleeing, trying to outflank you, or other is unknown.
Map

* changed by GM this once to keep story moving.

PART TWO

Why am I at Level 1 Fatigue?
This Level of 1 Fatigue remains (not heal-able) until stated otherwise.
As the melee continues you each realize something is different on your body.
Moving about and warming up, the sensation of pain starts to become evident.
Fatigue Level is from...
You realize the fatigue you feel is related to two new inked tattoos on your body.
This level of fatigue will last a few days. GM will let you know.
What they look like, where placed, are up to Players.
Add that info into post via words or pictures?

Two Tattoos, inked on each of you.

1.) Speak Language
- and -
2.) One of Players choice ! from following list: armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, drain Power Points, entangle, farsight, fear, growth/shrink, havoc, healing, light/obscure, pummel, slow, slumber, smite, speed, stun, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, or warrior’s gift.

These tattoos are only Base Power. Not Mega. (these are similar to the PbP site wide approved tattoos but are also different in how they work, read on)

If there is a Duration for the chosen Power, it only lasts for the base Duration and must be re-activated with an action (physically touching tattoo with hand is a must to activate). Each tattoo can only be used up to three times in a 24 hour period. Each use beyond 3 causes a Level of Fatigue. If the Tattoo person is not an arcane caster (Psi or Magic), they must use their Spirit to activate or use the Power. Otherwise use AB Skill to Activate. List of options is above.

Only one Power may be imbued into any given tattoo. Due to their magical nature, anyone bearing an enchanted tattoo is inherently magical and may be sensed using the Detect Arcana power at -2 (or straight roll if tattoo is being used). A successful Knowledge (Magic) roll at -2 will also determine the type of magic used to enchant the tattoo is not Atlantean in nature. Damage to a tattoo from Wounds or other Hazards, usually via Called Shots (-2 or -4 depending on size of tattoo), causes the tattoo to cease working until the Wound is fully healed.

Please note you the Player can opt out of having any tattoos if you want. Your Fatigue would be from a general beating you took when those who wanted to apply a tattoo on you were unable to successfully get the magic to work on you. This is a just in case you don't want tattoos on you. No matter if you are human, shapechanger, Presci or mutant animal, the tattoos work on you unless you opt out. Those harry characters, ya fur will grow back ;) as a patch of fur may have been shaved to place the tat. Oh, and yes Alex get them too.

Why were you given these two tattoos? In Character Story info will surface to explain...

EDIT: If you have Edge: Master of Magic (or equivalent fro PSI) yes Mega version of tattoo can be known. Additionally, as discussed in Hangouts, you can realize what tattoo is and use it this combat round if you want.
[/center]
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Note you got a Joker.
Part One - Combat - Round Two

Fucking hell, I'm worthless, here. Totally burnt out, no damned gear....

Libertas looks down at his palm. It's been itching and sore this entire time--at first he thought it was from when he brushed the wall, but no--the pain started first.

His hand... it has a tattoo, of a dark, swirling vortex, on the palm.

Sometimes, being able to see half a second into the future shows you not only what other people are about to do, but what you, yourself, should be trying to do. He thrusts his hand in the direction of the one shadow-beast that lies in his vision, and opens up the palm--and the tattoo also opens, hungrily seeking out power for its bearer.

Sure, the beasts MIGHT not have any such resources, but those black bolts might indicate some level of arcane energy--and Lib's big on sharing what belongs to others. And as the vortex opens and draws power from the beast, he smiles grimly.
OOC Comments
Technowizardry Modifiers: Edges +2, Fatigue -1
TW [dice]0[/dice]
Wild TW [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort Benny, aslo factoring in the forgotten Joker Bonus, Running total: [dice]2[/dice]
Raise: [dice]3[/dice]
Steals 13 PPE from ShadowBeast 2 (the only one he can get a line on from inside the first room).

Part Two - Fatigue

As the familiar sense of power rushes back into his frame, he actually laughs. "I'm back, baby! If we can find our gear, I'll be ready for anything... Hey, folks! Check out your bod, see if you have a tattoo someplace. Someone gave us something to work our way through, here...."
OOC Comments
So, yeah, Lib got Drain PPE/PPE Thief, the latter of which is what he cast. It has only the cosmetic Trapping described in the post--a dark vortex spiraling out of the palm of his hand.

In addition to that, he's got a neck-tattoo of barbed wire around his throat, which he can use to cast Speak Language with a Splendour/Intimidation Trapping.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

The Golems Turns

G1: Swings club at Humble, Fighting [dice]0[/dice], if hit Damage [dice]1[/dice] +6 STR. MISS VS PARRY
G4: Stands there like a ...stone statue, Shaken still.
G8: Swings club at Cantrell, Fighting [dice]2[/dice], if hit Damage [dice]3[/dice] +6 STR. MISS VS PARRY

G5, 6, and 7 out of sight.

The Shadow Beast Turns
The Shadow Beasts (SB1 roll vs Shaken: Success, not shaken but used turn to get rid of shaken) No further actions this round.

Shadow Beast 2 ... Angered by loosing PPE it howls loudly, more ash flakes flutter down from the ceiling. Casting its dark eyes about it sees Humble as the biggest visible threat and strikes out with claws at the Ogre.

Fighting [dice]4[/dice]
Damage [dice]6[/dice]
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max
Going for disarm on G8 -2 fatigue & darkness, -2 called shot
[dice]0[/dice]

Ace fighting with prior
[dice]2[/dice]

WD Disarm
[dice]1[/dice]

Damage to disarm stone club
[dice]3[/dice]
Max sees another stick worth taking. Lunging at the 2nd stone golem's club, Max latches on again, but fails to wriggle the club free of the creature's grasp. "I'd kill for a sword right now...or Nadine's plasma axe. COME ON!"
BA
Fighting to hit the armed stone golem - -2 fatigue and darkness
[dice]4[/dice]

WD Fighting
[dice]5[/dice]
Alex takes his best shot, but his swing at the armed stone golem comes up just a little short. "Damn! I'm so tired, I can barely lift this thing. Keep fighting! We'll turn 'em into powder yet!"

Part Two - Fatigue
Maximilian
Tattoos:
Speak Language
Boost/Lower Trait
Max's fatigue fades enough to become aware of an area of soreness. In the heat of battle, he can't look down or notice the new ink bestowed upon him while he slept; an image of a blazing red sun over a horizon, with what looks like a cold moon mirrored below.
Bizarro Alex
Tattoos:
Speak Language
Blind - image of a bleeding eye with a needle driven through the iris, tattooed on his scarred eyelid/eye socket; the tattoo would be covered by his eyepatch
eye needle.jpg
Alex becomes aware of a new and added pain in the area of his missing eye. "I think they inked my bad eye. What's wrong with these people?! Lacking a mirror or sufficient opportunity to look, he can't see the image of the needle through an eyeball etched on his sealed eyelid.
Last edited by Maximilian on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Fighting vs Shadow Beast 15, Damage 25
Fighting [dice]0[/dice] -2 MAP = 5
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]2[/dice]
Ace! [dice]3[/dice] = Hit with a Raise (and I forgot Gang Up, which would boost by 1)
Damage [dice]4[/dice]
Aces! [dice]5[/dice]
Total Damage = 25, Success with a Raise = Dead
Cantrell ducks as the still-armed golem takes a swing at her, feeling the jagged stone club whistle past her bare back. She wants to press, spin past the thing to take it out like the other one, but the giant shadow demon or whatever it is that just took a bite out of Humble is a far greater threat. Steeling herself, she lunges past another swing from the golem and pushes off the wall, launching into the air as she brings the stolen club down in a murderous arc, crushing the shadow fiend's skull with the blow. Shadow stuff pours from the wound and she jerks back, shaking the club to rid it of the dark ichor before it can touch her.

(If the shadow beast gets taken out before my turn, I'll retcon to kill one of the golems)
Part Two - Fatigue

"Hey, folks! Check out your bod, see if you have a tattoo someplace. Someone gave us something to work our way through, here...."

Tattoos? Did we get drunk and end up in some kind of demonic Ciudad Juarez? she thinks as she glances down and notices the ring of white fire inscribed on her breastbone. What in the actual hell?

"Is this shit supposed to do something?" she calls back to Libertas as she puts a hand over her heart. The tattoo starts to ignite under the touch of her fingers and she jerks them back, spoiling whatever effect was about to occur.
Spirit 3, fails to activate
Spirit [dice]6[/dice] -2 MAP
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice] -2 MAP = failure
(Tattoo grants Light with the Sunlight trapping.)
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
sammy

Post by sammy »

Apperently when exceptional recharge and exceptional discharge meet this happens ontop of Libertas' head.
IMG_0234.PNG
IMG_0234.PNG (267.37 KiB) Viewed 34068 times

Part Two - Fatigue
Elsewhere...
Meow, this brand is interesting... What an upside down cheeta with wings?... I can't beleive those frakers cloned me. At least they tasted like chicken. Somewhere Sammy licks his lips. Sounds like the big guy is rampaging, maybe I can help him out.
Sammy
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Bennies
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

Gargamel twirled the club and attacked the confused golem.

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

benny for reroll
2/3 remaining
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

[dice]4[/dice][dice]5[/dice]

Part Two - Fatigue
OOC Comments

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)

Also Conrad

Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Parry: 11 (Normally 11, -2 for being unarmed, but all attackers also take a -2 to all attacks against Jitters, effectively negating the -2 to Parry for being unarmed)
Toughness: 6
Notice 13
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
With the fight quickly resolving in the immediate area, Jitters takes off after the other three Golems. Even with a head start, Jitters is fast enough to easily catch up to the last Golem in the group, trying to disarm this one as well and attack it with it's own club.
Fighting 6 Strength Check 7
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Normal +2 modifier from Professional/Expert
-1 Penalty from Fatigue
-1 Penalty from Lighting
Strength for Disarm [dice]7[/dice]
Split the Seconds
If Jitters is successful in removing the club from the Golem's hands, he will then attack with said club, otherwise he will try to disarm again.
Fighting 20 Damage 24 or Strength 10 to Resist disarm
[dice]8[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]
Normal +2 modifier from Professional/Expert
-1 Penalty from Fatigue
-1 Penalty from Lighting
-1 Benny Extra Effort [dice]11[/dice] Ace!
Extra Effort Ace [dice]12[/dice]

Oops, I just realized that I was looking at my Wild Die when I used my Benny, oh well!

Strength to resist second disarm/Damage for Club [dice]10[/dice]
Club Damage [dice]13[/dice]
Club Attack Raise [dice]14[/dice] Ace!
Raise Damage Ace [dice]15[/dice]

Part Two - Fatigue

As Jitters runs off, he hears everyone talking about new ink on their bodies, so he quickly checks himself out and notices a Hello Kitty Tattoo on the meat of his right butt cheek, while he has Santa Clause in Plate Mail with a Broadsword on his chest over his heart. He decides to try out both.
Psionics Hello Kitty Tattoo 7
[dice]16[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]17[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]20[/dice]
Psionics Santa Warrior Tattoo 2
[dice]18[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]19[/dice]
Last edited by Jitters on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble grabs up one of the Clubs dropped from the destroyed golems and with a crazed swing hits the shadow beasts that just struck him. But even with two mighty blows he is unable to wound the creature as its supernatural durability rivals even Humble's own.
"You die! Humble roars in frustration as he finds himself unable to get a solid swing on the creature.
The dice hate Humble this combat, two hits and no wounds, engaged with both attacking only the one who hurt him
Agility roll to pick up club [dice]0[/dice]
Agility Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Humble moves to be engaged with both Shadow Beasts

Yes I know killing off the lesser opponents first is mathematically better as it reduces dice against players, but Humble is arrogant and always goes against the biggest target.

Wild Attack +2, MAP for picking up a weapon -2, Rapid Attack -4 = -4
Fighting [dice]2[/dice] = 8 from Extra Effort
Fighting [dice]3[/dice] = 11 from Extra Effort
Fighting [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]6[/dice]

First Hit [dice]9[/dice] + 2 + [dice]10[/dice]

Second Hit [dice]11[/dice] + 2 + [dice]12[/dice] = Blood and Guts Benny to Reroll Damage
Second Hit [dice]13[/dice] + 2 + [dice]14[/dice]

Iron Jaw - Rolling Vigor to Unshake
Vigor [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]8[/dice]

Part Two - Fatigue

Humble feels his neck tingling as if something was trying to tire him, but it had been centuries since he had felt tired and he did not have time now to find out what it was. But looking at the others around him he could see it was most likely he had tattoos like they had. Somehow the artist had overcome his body's healing powers long enough for him to be branded. touching it with one hand he felt a momentary swaying but could not tell what it had done to him. So he continued to be focused on the battle.
OOC Comments
The second tattoo on his neck looks like a series of twisting spirals of lines where it becomes difficult to see where one starts and stops. But somehow looking you can tell there is still two distinct lines in the mix.

Going with Teleport, not much use once he is close in combat. But it is half of the coolest combination there is so awesomeness there.

PS: Did I say how awesome this is? Because it is awesome.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

In The Dark Hallway

Stone Golems crumble and turn to dust. Shadowy beasts flutter into darkness and disappear. The stone weapons turn to fine sand and fall from hands to the floor.

Silence descends on the hall and rooms again. Where the cell is cast into utter darkness, the hallway and rooms beyond are all softly illuminated by unseen sources. (Trait Rolls at -1 from Darkness if it applies to you). Having realized you are inked with tattoos you at least now know why you are fatigued. (Trait Rolls at -1 from Fatigue level, until told otherwise, if it applies to you). A moment of calm falls across the hallway.

(Room 28, the Cell. Room 29 is a collection of torture chambers and a lot of dust. Room 30 has the staff of Lady Viggo (Laddy Viggo is still unconscious, even when next to her staff). Also in Room 30 is a set of goggles (Libertas) and what looks like a dead husk of a human fist sized scarab. In the scarab is a rolled up note, which is old, so old that as it is read it starts to crumble. The note says: Bring the wooden chair to the outside hallway, the hallway across from the cell doors. I will meet you in the hall as soon as I can. Room 31 is empty, aside from what looks like a demonic symbol (maybe a demon lord name?) written on the wall. Room 32 has a cracked dark wood table and solitary chair. The chair is designed for something larger than a human. In fact the entire place is designed for bigger beings. Tall, 16 feet ceilings, larger doorways etc).

A few minutes later the quiet is interrupted by a rumbling, dust on the ground shakes and more flakes down from the ceiling above.

In the hallway adjacent to the Cell you started in, a light pulses, and the very air warps inwards, skewed to your vision. With a pop, the pressure in the room changes and a man drops nude to the floor. Groaning in pain he slowly stands up. The short haired man turns to face you and you can see he has a few tattoos on his body. His left eye is red and an angry red scar cuts down his face over the eye. Grunting he grins and holds up a finger, universal sign of hold on. Stepping to his right he disappears, only a moment later he returns wearing pants, like he just walked into an invisible closet. His hands are full of armor and gear. Dropping it all he repeats the maneuver several more times. You recognize that he is dropping your armor, gear and weapons onto the dust covered floor. At one point he says, “Dress fast. Caesar and his demon goons are coming.” After bringing your property to you he looks you all over. Even in the darkness you see he looks like an aged and facially injured associate from Gloom. Standing here with you is Cade. Cade with more white in his hair and a nasty scar, older Cade from who you were working with in Gloom.

Nodding he says, “Yeah. Been a while. Once you guys never returned the rest went to war against Giest with no Pillars and no help from others. Was bad. Nasty bad. Gloom fell to Giest and Scara. Was almost a decade later when the CS raided the necropolis and destroyed the place. By then Giest was off world anyway. Took me a while to find you all. Some asshat space pirates of the UWW tried to abduct you all. They were going to float you or well….they did float you. You all died. So. I got this idea. I made contact with Drake Prime and he helped me rescue you guys. I guess he once worked for the Legion in a SET. So, Drake helped me sell you guys. We talked to the UWW pirates and convinced them to sell you to Caesar. Lucky for you guys I got some True Demons in Hades to buy you as slaves and toy things. See, there are a set of Pillars here in Hades we can steal. Steal and change things so that Gloom does not fall. We need to escape from this building and get the Pillars, and then get to the East Dolmen site for an extraction from Drake and his insane new D-Raider crew he is running with. The Brouhaha Crew.”

Looking around Cade finishes with, ”So like last time we tried this, Caesar will be waiting outside in a hallway not far from where we are. We will have to fight out way past him. Heh, yeah, last time failed. You all died. This time. This time I got a new trick.”
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Cade opens a flat empty bag and pulls out 8 vials. Some are full of red liquid, some blue. He starts handing them out. ”Will restore your mystic energies and inner strength. Last time I had hoped the tattoos would help, but wasn’t enough. Being right next to an Anti-Ley Line is a bitch. We need to get a few hundred feet away before it stops affecting you all.”

(Each vial will restore you to full Power Points. Everyone who drinks a vial also finds that darkness and fatigue are no longer an issue. As long as you leave the area relatively soon don’t worry about having PP drained due to proximity of Anti-Line. If you stay for longer than 20 minutes it would be an issue).

Pointing at the door, Cade says: ”Last minute questions? Or are you are ready. Oh. You grab that chair I mentioned?”
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle

Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Notice
Notice [dice]0[/dice] +2 with smell
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Gearing up as fast as possible Humble listens to Cade and his speech. “Hate being sold.” He says as the details are revealed, taking a big drink of the blue vial. “Humble free.”
Humble looks around for a chair to grab. If he sees one he brings it with them.
Once he is geared up and ready Humble says. “Let’s go.” As he is ready for action.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

sammy

Post by sammy »

Sammy pops in alive and well... Naked as always, " Meow, so this is where you turned up." It looks like he is missing a bit of fur on his backside, like someone shaved it and then sampled his DNA in a not so pleasant process. Sammy scratches a brand on his forearm, it looks like an upside down pigeon with no wings. He scrapes the dusty floor. " I reckon this room could use a good scrubbing... Demon blood is just the thing." Sammy grabs his gear, checking it thoroughly. Amulat filled with a fairy named Jobbi, check. Sunshine, check. Cloak made out of Max's ancestors check! Sammy frowns looking at all his gear, and sees Humble... Sammy whisper to his big friend, " Just shake the man's hand and get ready... Seems like we have done this before."
Sammy
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Bennies
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Struggling with the idea amd unable to determine if Cade was friends or foe having sold them and danced them, Humble was greatful for Sammy clearing things up. Shaking the humans hand he says. “Thank you.”

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell wastes no time getting dressed, strapping on her gear with a scowl at anyone who tries to sneak a peak in the shadowy prison. She feels much better with her armor on and a plasma rifle in her hands, though she wishes she'd had time to get that underbarrel grenade launcher installed on her rifle before these galactic pirates assholes abducted them.

We'll have to hunt them down one of these days and show them the error of crossing the 13th, she thinks, then reminds herself that there are more immediate problems.

"Demons on the other side of the door? Well, I guess we'll just have to see about conducting an exorcism," she says. Cade's mention of past failures -- More of this goddamn timey-wimey bullshit, she thinks -- has her a bit concerned, but she doesn't let it show. They'll win because they have to, although it'll be that much better if the dimensional raider really did have a trick up his sleeve.

"Alright folks, I know we haven't worked together as a unit, but let's try to position ourselves to our strengths. Humble, if you don't mind getting in front, we'll let you soak incoming fire, so others can use you as mobile cover. Jitters, Gargamel, if you're comfortable working in melee, why don't you follow in just behind Humble, working the flanks. Max, Alex and I will follow behind to provide fire support, and Libertas and Sammy can run overwatch and lend a hand with the fancy magic and mental mayhem as they have the opportunity. Cade, put yourself wherever you need to be to pull this stunt you're planning."

Cantrell looks from one to another of the mixed group, giving anyone who wishes a chance to offer comment, then nods.

"Okay, let's go roast some demons and get the hell off this rock."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max growls a little, and shakes his head. "I've had more than enough of the time funk to last a thousand lifetimes. Now you're telling me I'm in hell? Can't be. All dogs go to heaven." He suits up in what is obviously his armor, slides his two vibroswords into their back sheaths, and checks the chamber on his CV-212. "Top Dog, let me go in front of you. Alex, behind her."

Alex moves quickly to find his eyepatch, replacing it as soon as he can. Only then does he don his armor, and prepares his pistol for the fight. "Chintzy thing. Left my good gear back...home." He dabs at his good eye. "Dusty in here. Don't worry, Craz...Cantr...Sergeant. This pea shooter isn't anything compared to what I can really do. Just duck if I tell you. And don't worry. I've seen what you got. My Cantrell went into combat in the nude on more than one occasion. Said she was the 'daughter of Achilles' or something, and wearing real armor only slowed her down. Point is, I've only got one eye to use to keep me alive. Got better things to look at than your hindquarters."

Both Max and Alex down their vials. Max sniffs. "Good stuff. Alright, big guy. You're up." Max reaches for his chest, but doesn't touch the tattoo; his hand hovers over the spot of soreness.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Alex looks at Cade for a second and draws his weapon on him. " Cade you sun of a bitch! You took my eye and now its payback! Alex grabs the Temporal wizard by the throat and puts his gun into his eye socked, " You might be a bit older, but your face is seared in mine. I'll always remember that scar! You fracking betrayed us you god damn bastard!" Alex is shaking from incredible fury so much so his grip on his pistol slips and it clatters to the floor. Alex seethes a broken whisper while hanging on to Cade's shirt, " Top Dog... Please... You got to end him, he took my eye... Don't trust him."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]

Libertas was glad to get the goggles a few moments before they found the rest of the gear--and that Cantrell is a lead-from-the-front kind of gal. Shadowed or no, that's a hopefully permanent one-up he's got on Jude. Not, of course, that he'd ever actually say anything about it to the 13th's Lothario.

And of course, once they get the rest of their gear, he's far too focused on going over each and every piece to make sure nothing is missing to gawk any longer. Priorities, and all that.

"Don't forget, folks, if you have Tee-Dub gear, it's probably also been drained dry. The rest of you will need to juice up with the potion, then pump up what you need to into your gear."

As he secures the last of his stuff into place, he uses the stolen juice to make sure his armor and weapons are actually charged, THEN drinks the potion to re-set his energy levels to full.

Doing one last equipment-check, he smiles as his fingers go over his father's knife. Hm... Wonder if she'd actually recognize it if I did a little carving.... Certainly worth being immortalized....
OOC Comments
Yes, he just spent a benny to get a good view of Cantrell's backside for later use in carving.... Priorities.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max whirls around and snaps the rifle to his shoulder, the nasty end pointed directly at Cade's head. "You took Alex's eye?! DOWN! Get on your bloody knees or I will burn you down in every timestream I find you in, starting with this one! DOWN!" The keen observer will note that Max has taken up all the slack of the trigger of his rifle, and is millimeters from following through on his threat.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

A blade appeared underneath Max's throat.

"Down Max, this is not the time for this. Considering all the weird stuff going on right now, lets untangle this mess later."
OOC Comments

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)

Also Conrad

Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble nods to Cantrel as he takes point and prepares for whatever may be coming. She was not in charge of him, but after centuries as a slave his pliable mind naturally followed the commanding voice. When the little red headed wizard says the gear may be affected he tests his my activating his knecklace, armor, and charging his gun. Looking at Cade he is about to ask if he has more juice when things get tence. "Cade is BC." He says and steps between the two dog boys and Cade. Seeing if they gain control or not.
Then once they have themselves under control Humble looks down at Cade and asks. "More juice?" Having just used so much on following the little red humans advice.
Conditions
Current Status
PPE: 4/10 = (Was full from Juice -4 to activate armor, -2 to refill BAG = 4)
Wounds: 0/3

Pliable Mind Complication

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 4
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 13
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]6[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Smarts 2
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
Jitters returns to the group after crushing the golems to dust, the stone club that was in his hand crumbling to dust soon after that. As Jitters reads the note, he says out loud "Heyaretheseroomsnumbered?Whatroomnumberisthis?" When the new person who is known to them pops in, Jitters is about to ask a question when he holds his finger up to hold questions. Then he sees gear. As soon as Savitaar's Armor of Speed was set down, Jitters wasted no time donning his armor, making sure to be able to easily flip the chest plate up whenever he needs to tap the tattoo on his chest. Next he strapped his Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol to his hip, slung his Wilk's 447 Laser Rifle across his back, and affixed the scabbards to Vibe, his Vibro-Sword, and Paul Bunyan, his Chain Long Sword.

"Whatdoyoumeanlasttimefailed?AmIthenewtrick?DarlingyoumustknowthatI'msimplynotthateasy,andthatIdoitfortheartofit,notthemoney."

When offered the vial, Jitters sucks it back like a Flaming Shot and you can visible see him shake for several seconds as the effects took their course.

"Sodemonsisit?Goggleswhatisthebestwaytokilldemons?" Jitters asks, seemingly even faster.

Right before the door is opened, Jitters will activate (or attempt to) the following powers:
Psionics Greater Smite 4
[dice]8[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]
Will choose the trapping after Libertas informs Jitters what would be best, of if Dan allows Jitters to figure it out from his Common Knowledge check.
The Greater Smite will apply to his Chain Long Sword.
Psionics Exalted Boost 4
[dice]10[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]11[/dice]
Boost goes to Strength
Psionics Greater Speed 6
[dice]12[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]13[/dice]
Santa Warrior Tattoo 6
[dice]14[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]15[/dice]
Psionics Greater Deflection 4
[dice]16[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]17[/dice]
ISP Expenditure
20 ISP
Exalted Smite -4 ISP
Greater Deflection -4 ISP
Greater Boost -4 ISP
Greater Speed -4 ISP
Greater Warrior's Gift -4 ISP (the ISP cost difference between the normal and mega power is 4)
Current Combat Stats
Strength: 1d12+2
Parry: 11
Deflection: -4
Toughness: 19 (11)
Pace: 49"
Chain Long Sword damage: 1d12 + 2d8 + 6 MD AP 2
Combat Edges from Greater Warrior's Gift: Elan, Two-Fisted
If Cade has any more vials that Jitters can have, Jitters will drink another one and then charge his TW armor.
Last edited by Jitters on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Gargamel »

notice [dice]0[/dice]

As the club crumbled to dust in his hands, he shrugged and brushed his hands together to get rid of it.
As Cade appeared, Gargamel sighed; typical, it was more of this insanity. Yay! Probably connected to the FB again. His tale was crazy, but then he’d come to accept that about Cade. Whether there was time travel involved was debatably, but if there was a demon lord on the other side of here, then if he had a plan, then they might need it.
Gargamel picked up his weapons and armour to start getting dressed, brushing off some random hair that had somehow gotten onto his Battle Fury Blade. It was a Fury blade, not a furry blade.
Now they could see, he noticed something on his arm; a tattoo; interesting design too. It depicted Outsiders being forced away.
“Interesting, certainly a weapon to be used against demons.”

Ooc – Tattoo = banish

Popping the lid of the juice, he downed it in one go, feeling his energies restored, powering up his Shard Pistol and Mage Armour as he did so. The gem was drained like everything else. It would recharge, but not right now.

As max pulled his rifle on Cade, Gargamel swore just what they needed right now.
The strange faerie sword wavered in front on Max and Max wasn’t sure just how close the blade was as it kept moving before his eyes.

As Cantrell issued orders, Gargamel considered them. He didn’t like taking orders from somebody who wasn’t a part of the Black Company, but she had a plan
“Humble, you go straight up the middle, Jitters, how about you and I handle the flank prevent anybody getting past to the squishier members of our contingent.” He relayed the instruction to Humble. The ogre had already shown he wouldn’t answer to
“If it is demons out there, I can banish several of them back to where they came from."
OOC Comments

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)

Also Conrad

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]

So, what happens when a guy speaking at Chipmunk speed talks to a guy that hears everything as if it were being sung in the round? Critfails and hilarity!
Libertas blinks at Jitters owlishly. "I... Look, I don't know what you and your Libertas got up to, but I'm not into guys. And even if I were, this isn't the best time for that, anyway--we're on the job." He edges away from the Crazy.
OOC Comments
"Sodemonsisit?Goggles..." became "Sodomy, is it, Goggles?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

"Alright, Max, goddamnit, heel! Alex, straighten the hell up, too. We can sort out personal vendettas when we're somewhere other than actual hell. And Gargamel, if you pull a blade on one of my people again, I'll put a fucking hole in your head and shove your corpse so far up Humble's ass it'll open a rift to Valhalla. I've had enough of this Black Company bravado bullshit. If you're such professionals, start acting like it," Cantrell says, ready to follow through with her threat if compliance is not immediate and total.

"Jitters, face the door and stop coming on to Libertas. Libertas, put that knife away and stop thinking about my ass. Sammy, quit licking your asshole. Cade - do whatever it is you're gonna do, or go ahead and hit the reset button and let's try this again, starting with neutering every one of these idiots that can't stop swinging their dicks at each other."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Jitters turns to the door, and then turns back, then turns back to the door so fast you'd swear he was in two places at once, electricity crackling over his body as streamers seem to trail after him. He looks to Gargamel and asks "Whatsidedoyouwantleftsideorrightside?"
Jitters
Jitters

Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Enemy
Better You Than Me
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max hears Cantrell's order. Reluctantly, he acknowledges, and lowers the rifle. "Heel. Yes, commander." If looks could kill, Cade would have been flayed to death and brought back for another round. Max growls menacingly at the time traveler.
He turns and glares at Gargamel. "That's what I get for teaching you my tricks? A blade at my throat? This one took my friend's eye, and hasn't bothered to offer an apology, explanation, or his own eye in return. Tell me you wouldn't do the same." He turns back towards the door. "Let's get this over with. Pity the demon that gets in my way."

Alex bends down and picks up his pistol. "He probably gets his kicks from watching us die a thousand times. Sick bastard. I wonder how many of your eyes he's taken." He wipes at his good eye. "I want him in front of me. With this one at your back, you won't have to wonder if there are enemies behind you." He shakes his head. "Max, I hate this place."
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Cantrell wrote:"Alright, Max, goddamnit, heel! Alex, straighten the hell up, too. We can sort out personal vendettas when we're somewhere other than actual hell. And Gargamel, if you pull a blade on one of my people again, I'll put a fucking hole in your head and shove your corpse so far up Humble's ass it'll open a rift to Valhalla. I've had enough of this Black Company bravado bullshit. If you're such professionals, start acting like it," Cantrell says, ready to follow through with her threat if compliance is not immediate and total.
Humble hears the threat towards his current commander after all the efforts being put into stoping the threats and decides he has reached his limit. Slapping Cantrell hard and looking around the room he raises his voice. "No hurting Black Company. Humble will break you." These long speeches were taxing on him, but he had had enough of these people threatening his allies and did not think they were going to stop even after they tried to handle it nicely. Watching he readies himself to see if he would have to follow through on his promise of if they would understand.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Cade rubs his throat and sighs, "You'd think I would remember to evade that throttling. Every time. Hmm best to move on from that topic. Look Alex, had I known who you would become, I would have done things..... different. No apology is good enough. I doubt it will help, but I am sorry. I needed the eye for Cira to be able to cast that spell.....uh... Look we are all a team here and now, lets get out of here alive. Oh and I have three more vials if needed? Anyone?"

Looking around Cade rubs his own hand across his red eye and open wound.

"The chair? Some one grabbed it? We need it or we will be trapped and overwhelmed."

Cade sees Humble hit Cantrell.

Oh freaking hell, here we go again. This will be the fourth time they killed each other?
Henry Character Sheet:
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76990#p76990
My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
  • Henry - CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle

Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

When Cade asks again for the Chair Humble drags it over in from of him. "Found chair."

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Shooting 10, 24 Damage ignoring armor to Cade
Shooting 1d12+4 +2 armor mod +2 Marksman, -4 Called Shot
Shooting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Dice [dice]1[/dice]
Damage [dice]2[/dice]
Raise Damage [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Total = 24 Damage that ignores armor, since Cade's apparently helmet-less.
Cantrell stands up, calmly, and shoots Cade in the head.

"There, no more resets. Every one of you fucking Black Company morons can just rot here in hell, forever. I'm tired of your shit."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
sammy

Post by sammy »

Sammy eyes he situation with great interest. Just like Carlesbad. " Meow, lets all settle down. We are all tired and until recently a bit naked." Sammy looks at Cade's body. I kinda liked that old guy." Humble keep the chair handy, Cade thought it might help us. I got Lady Viggo." Sammy points a claw to the door. " Look what is done I done. There is no going back and we all need to make peace here and now. We have to deal with what is coming through those doors. You want to skin your smoke wagon and go dub on a bull? Take out your aggression and frustration on what is coming next... Cantrell called the shots remember your duty and get ready to rumble with hell and the horsemen that rides in it." Sammy downs the drink and loss his six shooter with a quick spin.
Sammy
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Bennies
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

As dead Cade falls to the ground a dislodged body-less female voice can be heard chuckling.

"I don't know why you try Cade. I refuse to do this again. Not without more sacrifices given to me. Maybe the fur of the cat, or an arm of an ogre. Maybe puppy ears. Another eye of Alex? I'd be happy with the girls skin to caress at night. No? She killed you Cade, let me have her hair at least... oh fine, damn you, the red heads balls? Please Cade, feed me more. What? Are you serious? You are a sucker Cade Williams. Alright, I might take that from you. If will resurrect you once more, as before with your eye, the hole in your skull will never fully heal. Where would you like to start at if I do agree to this? I am not sure I will agree though...."

OOC Comments
Stand by for another Post. Next time lets be careful on "fighting" and PM each other or use OOC area. Lets move on. I love you all (BC and 13th). Thanks.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Return to “Hunt for Hell Pillars”